Lasslow (NA)
: Could We Have Some Context For the Shen Nerfs?
shen is popular in lcs, and is too strong vs tanks right now. he's intended to be strong vs tanks but he's crowding out other tanks. basically if you are going to pick a tank its either maokai or shen. there's no reason to pick anyone else because those two are just better. nerfing them gives a chance for other tanks who should be being played like Sion a chance to shine.
: Brand with rylais is better at slowing people with fire than lissandra with ice.
everybody with rylais is better. rylais is broken now that all the other items have been nerfed into oblivion and rylais is 100 ap, cheap, and has a nasty af slow.
: Anybody else feel like Kalista's passive is just asking for trouble?
Kalista's passive is broken, but its what defines her. I think as long as she has it they need to gut other parts of her kit. but the way they are gutting her is just awful. every adc needs something busted about them. kalista's ultimate is way too good for competitive play on an adc who is already a beast in the right hands. i think a mini rework where they give her a less useful ultimate would make her more balanced. right now her support gets a free engage on top of heir engage. alistar/kalista is the nastiest shit. nautilus? watch out.
Wolfbook (NA)
: Caitlyn needs to be tuned, she is too oppressive.
the biggest problem with caitlyn is how safe she is. she should be forced to play around her zone of control rather than being safe even when she isn't in her zone of control. right now if you try to aggress on her she can E you for a free head shot. that was never a thing before and its the biggest problem I have with her right now. if she can get away from you easilyi thats one thing. punishing you for trying to get at her when she has been poking you down at 600 range all game is ridiculous. the E already slows you, that is enough. her damage on headshots is fine to be honest. its busted, but every adc needs something busted to define them. Quinn has her mobility, Graves has his burst shotgun DPS, Ezreal has his kiting, jinx has aoe crits, MF ult is broken af, etc. but for her E to proc one when her traps already do and her passive is already a thing means if she has a head shot primed, you step on a trap. thats one headshot, two head shot, E into a 3rd headshot. its so much burst from a champion who was never meant to be a burst champion. now she plays like a zone control burst poke adc who is safe as hell. she is too easy to play and far too hard to play against. she is the ultimate no skill adc right now and I think she needs to be harder to play for how rewarding she is. there needs to be more power shifted into other parts of her kit. maybe remove E headshot proc like I said and put more damage on her piltover peacemaker.
: Why is it ok for Annie to be able to 100-0 you while stunned?
annie's full burst combo with "no counterplay" is available once every 5 minutes. aka when her flash is up. and honestly its all she's got. if she didn't instantly kill people, you would never pick her. she is the premier burst mage because she does literally nothing else. she has nothing else going for her. there is no reason to pick annie other than to blow up people with little counterplay. Veigar scales infinitely, has a HUGE zone of control with event horizon and his single target nuke doesn't even need someone to be stunned to instantly kill them. Brand can not only kill one person, he can kill the entire team just for being relatively close together. annie can't do that. she has to wait till they are actually clumped up. brand just needs people to be in teh same vicinity and ult them for massive aoe damage. Annie has nothing going for her. she has to walk up to you or protobelt up to you which is still mostly just walking up to you. it's not fun to play against, but its kind of her identity. league needs simple champs. garen is the brainless kill you in one easy combo champ of top lane and with a silence there's not much counterplay there either once he gets ahead. against annie, the counterplay is build some MR so she can't instantly kill you and then kill her once she blows her load. she's honestly not as good as people give her credit for. she's not bad. shes good for abusing mistakes, but she's so binary that it's hard to do anything without flash up.
Eder17 (NA)
: The frustrations of being in Bronze
elo hell is not a thing. lower elos are frustrating because everyone sucks, but you do too. just because you have learned to not be a complete sieve and deadweight to your team does not mean you are good. this is the most common flaw of league. people see themselves performing consistently "ok" in every game in their elo and never performing bad or feeding and wonder why they are stuck in their elo when there are people feeding everywhere. to climb, you have to be better than where you are at. or you belong where you are at. that is all there is to it. so by nature of being better you not only have to be better, but butter than all 9 other players in the game. so carry. that means you have to carry your way out. if you aren't consistently carrying or close to carrying every single game you play, then you belong in your elo. Put a gold player in bronze and they climb out fast because they are going to hard carry games. silver players will carry their way out of bronze. now carrying doesn't always have to be getting fed, but making the right decisions, not dying ,etc. so many things go into carrying. but in general if you aren't leading the charge every single game (and I mean consistently every single game) then you belong where you are. consistency is the biggest issue that plagues lower elo players. and even some higher elo players in high plat and low diamond.
: What is your initial though / feeling / reaction to knowing you got paired solo into a 4 man queue?
I used to care, I really don't care anymore. it happens so little that I rarely feel it affects my climb. sure sometimes you get the shitty 4 man premade who is toxic and feeds while blaming you but equally as often you get the 4 man who pubstomps and it doesnt matter what you did cuz you just rode the freelo. dynamic queue isn't stopping anyone's climb and neither are premades. the game is just different now. the only issue iwth premades is usually one of them is a high elo smurf due to the inability for that high elo smurf to play in his own elo. queue times are awful and when you are against premades one of them usually pub stomps and its clear who the smurf is. even when I'm smurfing I'm like "man this guy is way too good to be in silver" and sure enough he tells me after game he is d5. it won't stop anyone's climb but it happens more often than it should.
: What was wrong with Pre-Rework Graves?
he was basically Lucian with more burst. whoever was stronger at the time as always picked over the other. if graves was stronger you had no reason to pick Lucian over Graves. they both were short range, burst adcs who also had an extremely similar dash. the rework is honestly pretty cool. I miss cheesing people with old graves E auto, Q auto, R as old graves was a lot of fun, but i never had any reason to pick graves. graves right now plays as a carry you can play in top or jungle as a marksmany kind of champ. its pretty cool imo. he'll be hard to balance, but I think they are a lot closer to balancing him now.
: What should i buy vs % champs like vayne and kog?
well if you are a tank you have lock down usually. maokai has point and click lockdown no less. rammus as well. get on top of them and have your team fuck them. 1 v 1 of course you are goign to struggle late game vs these champs, but adcs are at their peak late game for how shitty their early game is.
: > Mages arent supposed to have mobility. {{champion:103}} That's news to me.
> [{quoted}](name=EndlessSorcerer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fulG4snK,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-07-10T17:12:38.342+0000) > > {{champion:103}} That's news to me. ahri is the premier kite mage. while she can be built to burst someone down, she isn't typically doing that. she is just chunking people super hard while she kites. if she is fed she can one shot but anyone can at that point.
: > Mages arent supposed to have mobility. {{champion:103}} That's news to me.
> [{quoted}](name=EndlessSorcerer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fulG4snK,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-07-10T17:12:38.342+0000) > > {{champion:103}} That's news to me. ahri is the premier kite mage. while she can be built to burst someone down, she isn't typically doing that. she is just chunking people super hard while she kites. if she is fed she can one shot but anyone can at that point.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Riot, we need to talk about Lulu
idk man. lulu is one of those weird champions. with organized cooperative communicated play she is just a monster paired with a good adc. but in solo queue she is pretty garbage tier because you cant depend on your adc. but there are reasons to pick her. if you want to buff a hyper carry comp then lulu is a must. her huge speed up, massive shields both on relatively short cooldowns to what they do. and an ult that gives a huge chunk of health and knocks up divers on that carry she is a beast at buffing one person into oblivion. if you dont believe me just find yourself a good adc and then duo with him with you on lulu mid,he can do things that he couldn't dream of other wise. it enables an adc to play SO aggressive. I think she has her place. she is just not good for solo queue.
Neidox (NA)
: I hate Irelia, You lose, even when you're winning.
irelia scales poorly into the late game. her mid game is monstrous, but her early game is weak. until like level 4 or so she really can't fight or all in unless you fuck up dearly. Irelia is a problem, but its mainly because of how dominant she is in the mid game. she doesn't "outscale" anyone really. in a 1 v 1 sure, but even there many champs out scale irelia super hard. fiora, jax, trundle. I mean trundle dumpsters her later in the game. the way her ult works is a bigger issue than equilibirium strike. equilibrium strike you can play around carefully. her ult just heals her so much while you think you gotta her in an all in. in addition the passive healing on W and active W. she has really really good sustain for a champion who can instantly explode you.
RowanEnd (NA)
: Yasuo is incredibly annoying
Riot is slowly but surely introducing anti mobility stuff into the game. Poppy, and now the ultimate cock block for Yasuo...taliyah. I expect there will be an anti mobility item soon enough. Cassiopeia is also anti Yasuo mobility as well. Still think taliyah the best. Yasuo is frustrating but he is easy to blow up and is risky in team fights unless very skilled. The only thing he doesn't need is his flow. It's cancer.
: Well, 3 really good options for laners. None of them are particularly good on junglers except Tear of the Goddess, and the exclusive mana item we get doesn't even have an appropriate stat line for a mana item.
> [{quoted}](name=Kamquats,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MFAy7UOM,comment-id=00050002,timestamp=2016-07-08T23:18:20.852+0000) > > Well, 3 really good options for laners. > > None of them are particularly good on junglers except Tear of the Goddess, and the exclusive mana item we get doesn't even have an appropriate stat line for a mana item. Honestly though that's the dream. To get non mana stats and not have to worry about mana. Imagine if ludens echo restored mans in a solo lane. It would become a rush every single game. Runich echoes is perfect for mana sustain
: right click and you can avoid it...
> [{quoted}](name=Kempachi Taichou,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Vj6OJH8H,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-07-08T14:19:02.560+0000) > > right click and you can avoid it... not easily if you are a low base move speed champion, which almost all adcs are.
: They...don't hit multiple champions.
> [{quoted}](name=SaltyKracka,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AAj9sP5a,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-07-08T05:08:01.513+0000) > > They...don't hit multiple champions. basically this. the abilities are not AOE on champions. so deathfire touch won't be abused in the sense of jhin getting DFT on all 5 champions like a champ like xerath, ziggs, or lux can. (potentially here, obviously that doesn't happen all the time) instead, jhin gets really really good single target ability damage combined with DFT. its a unique niche, but its cool to be honest. Jhin is actually balanced ish imo. his lane phase is pretty oppressive and his late game is good, but his immobility and severe lack of self peel make him shit on outside of lane phase quite often.
: MF is god tier at the moment. Playing ADC in soloqueue can be hard though. Also the chaos of Bronze kind of nulls the strengths of MF. How often does he get peel or get setup for an ult? Probably not very often. Of course he could just be bad.
> [{quoted}](name=Chronic Diablo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=21qRAzyT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-07-08T11:39:00.129+0000) > > MF is god tier at the moment. Playing ADC in soloqueue can be hard though. Also the chaos of Bronze kind of nulls the strengths of MF. How often does he get peel or get setup for an ult? Probably not very often. > > > Of course he could just be bad. she is only god tier in lower elos like bronze/silver/gold once you hit plat and above people are no longer dumb enough to get hit by Q crit bounces and they also know how to abuse her immobility. getting good ultis off is insanely hard in plat and above.
Rioter Comments
Arakadia (NA)
: Why were mana pots removed?
they make it hard to balance champions who have strong abilities but high mana costs to compensate. like last season I abused mana pots on lux because I could rush luden's in lane and just stomp my lane. it allowed me to spam all day as well without having to worry about running out of mana. it makes someone who shouldn't be able to spam, able to spam. so by removing them it allows them to balance easier. i was initially upset as i couldnt abuse my freelo, but once you adjust you realize they were nothing more than something to be abused. now with the mage update mana isn't really an issue anymore anyway. you have 3 really good options to choose from for not having mana problems.
: Daily reminder N°97812 : Solo Q is still asked for the majority of players.
they will ignore it everyday because they already said they aren't bringing it back. please fucking stop with these posts. i mean its getting sickening really. its lke that dude who won't stop tlaking about how much he misses his ex girlfriend. I feel at the very least for this season its definitely not coming back. maybe they reasses at the end of this season but even then I doubt it. its gone man. just deal with it or leave.
Divewing (OCE)
: I really hate to be that guy but have you even played Azir? I have, I've played a LOT of Azir. There are 3 main things that are problems right now, only one of those is his kit, the prementioned Q damage. The other 2 are Tlords and Rylais simply being busted. http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/95VVkoAF-a-god-who-calls-himself-emperor-a-comprehensive-dissection-azirs-kit Please for the love of God. Read that before you argue again. That took me quite a while to write and is my full opinion on his state of balance, and I am really getting exhausted re-typing the same stuff over and over because most people don't understand the main point of Azir.
> [{quoted}](name=Lancir,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mTelEFzs,comment-id=000d00000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-08T09:55:46.193+0000) > > I really hate to be that guy but have you even played Azir? > I have, I've played a LOT of Azir. There are 3 main things that are problems right now, only one of those is his kit, the prementioned Q damage. The other 2 are Tlords and Rylais simply being busted. > > http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/95VVkoAF-a-god-who-calls-himself-emperor-a-comprehensive-dissection-azirs-kit > > Please for the love of God. Read that before you argue again. That took me quite a while to write and is my full opinion on his state of balance, and I am really getting exhausted re-typing the same stuff over and over because most people don't understand the main point of Azir. Azir is one of my better mid laners. probably one of the few in my champion pool. so yes I understand the champion. I'm not syaing reducing his Q damage won't work. I'm not weary of if it is the RIGHT Way to nerf him. im not sure. meaning it could be right, it coudl also over do it like they did with lux shield nerfs where even as a lux main at the time i was certain that was the nerf she needed.
: (4) Drinks on the job.
> [{quoted}](name=Ghostcrawler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ydAqrpb4,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-07-07T22:35:36.777+0000) > > (4) Drinks on the job. that feel when literally no fucks were given
Ralanr (NA)
: ...then why have brackets in the first place?
> [{quoted}](name=Ralanr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZWGuEdqj,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-07-07T18:49:09.155+0000) > > ...then why have brackets in the first place? the reason they have brackets is because people were bitches in the early stages of league. people legit were embarassed of their elo/mmr and afraid to lose their MMR/ELO so they just made it a hidden stat and introduced this new wonky system. the old system was much better. the same one dota uses now.
Divewing (OCE)
: That play style you say you hate (getting chunked for 1/3 every Q cooldown) IS POKE STYLE! You basically just told me: he should be a poke mage because his poke is too strong. Azir was intended to be an APCarry, a champion that can genuinely rival ADCs in terms of late game damage output. Poke has no place in that, and his Q is the main perpetrator.
> [{quoted}](name=Lancir,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mTelEFzs,comment-id=000d000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-07T19:26:18.660+0000) > > That play style you say you hate (getting chunked for 1/3 every Q cooldown) IS POKE STYLE! > You basically just told me: he should be a poke mage because his poke is too strong. > > Azir was intended to be an APCarry, a champion that can genuinely rival ADCs in terms of late game damage output. Poke has no place in that, and his Q is the main perpetrator. it isn't just his Q though. the Q if he only got you with it wouldn't be so bad. its that the autos after combined with thunderlords destroy you. and once he gets some attack speed its oppressive. poke play pattern should only really do that much dmg later into the game more like 2-3 items. being able to chunk someone out of lane with two combos is pretty ridiculous. there are a lot of things wrong with azir, not just the Q. the Q does a lot, but you gotta be careful like I said. if you gut that it could just be his base damage on soldiers. it could be his base attack speed, etc. there are a ton of things you could change. personally I really feel its just the soldier's base damage that needs changing. because the Q does cost a good chunk of mana early and has a decent cooldown. that ability honestly feels balanced.
: Coming up with various suggestions to try balance him (some may be good or bad): 1. Remove the stacking slow on his Q as it's early game power he shouldn't have and Rylai's will pick up the slack later. 2. Like Zyra's plants Azir's soldiers could deal less damage to a single target if multiple soldiers are attacking you. 3. Remove the damage from his ultimate and increase the width of the wall. He doesn't need the damage from his ult to be successful so this could remove some of his burst. Just some ideas, what do you think? Maybe we can use all these nerfs haha.
> [{quoted}](name=WaterTribe,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mTelEFzs,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2016-07-07T11:14:28.222+0000) > > Coming up with various suggestions to try balance him (some may be good or bad): > > 1. Remove the stacking slow on his Q as it's early game power he shouldn't have and Rylai's will pick up the slack later. > 2. Like Zyra's plants Azir's soldiers could deal less damage to a single target if multiple soldiers are attacking you. > 3. Remove the damage from his ultimate and increase the width of the wall. He doesn't need the damage from his ult to be successful so this could remove some of his burst. > > Just some ideas, what do you think? Maybe we can use all these nerfs haha. 1.) slows don't stack anymore. they dont. you just put the strongest slow and thats it. they changed that last season i believe. 2.) this is already how it works. worked like that since release. his 2nd and 3rd soldiers deal 25% dmg. 3.) this is an interesting idea. would eliminate the shurima shuffle. i dont think that is something good though. i like champions having playmaking. what I honestly think azir needs is a straight damage nerf for lane phase. and his soldiers to need to not apply spell effects like rylais. rylais on azir is honestly oppressive as fuck. it turns him from a high dps mage to a long range pick mage due to the 40% slow he can apply to someone a mile away and reapply it with each auto. I've seen it in LCS where he someone gets a little too close he gets one Q and auto and the person is fucked as his Q has a super short cooldown so he can just q them again due to the rylais.
: Wish they would have would have thought about nerfing his damage before making his ult practically worthless at lvl 1 -__- I used it in a teamfight and I immediately felt like that was the most pointless thing I could have done in that fight. The other team easily walked around it... anyone who was to slow to walk around it just sat there and used any ranged abilities they had till 3 seconds was up. for something that is supposed to split up an enemy team, it really doesn't do much of that now.
> [{quoted}](name=Blue Moon Wolf,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mTelEFzs,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2016-07-07T07:37:11.623+0000) > > Wish they would have would have thought about nerfing his damage before making his ult practically worthless at lvl 1 -__- > > I used it in a teamfight and I immediately felt like that was the most pointless thing I could have done in that fight. The other team easily walked around it... anyone who was to slow to walk around it just sat there and used any ranged abilities they had till 3 seconds was up. for something that is supposed to split up an enemy team, it really doesn't do much of that now. its a common problem. they try all these clunky changes, then nerf the real problem and never revert the other clunky changes so a champion is gutted. sometimes I feel like they try too hard to keep a champions identity with their strengths. sometimes their strengths truly are overpowered.
: If there was one change I'd ever make to yasuo, it'd be a very simple one
his ult is probably the least frustrating part of his kit though. between his flow wind wall and dance around the wave mechanics he is toxic to play against without someone who can counterh is mobility. new cass is ok into him now but taliyah...god bless. Put down the rocks from E and watch him kill himself as he tries to dance around. literally nothing more satisfying.
: People complain about assassins and that's fine but consider this:
the only class? everything in this game can reliably kill an adc outside of shielding and heal supports who honestly can probably stall long enough to bait the enemy adc into his death at that point. being an adc means everything in this game is designed to blow you up. the meta actually revolves around what is most effective at dealing with adcs. If bruisers can do it best they are meta, if tanks are unkillable they do it best. etc. Assassin's aren't really an issue. assassins are interesting class of burst and get in and get out playstyle. the problem is most of them right now are binary or just lack counterplay. you die so fast that you don't even get a chance to react. talon, rengar, etc.
Eedat (NA)
: [[POLL]] What is your biggest issue with LoL currently?
just matchmaking times for me. 10 minute queue times in silver are are a wtf for me. and when I was on my main in mid plat I had 30 minute queue times. I can't even begin to imagine what high diamond, master, and challenger kids have. this season basically there is only two real big issues as balance stuff kind of gets fixed in time by the balance team. the issues are matchmaking times, and quality of matches. the second only applies at the highest of elos whereas I found even in plat I was being paired with my elo the vast majority of the time. the advent of dynamic queue and the ranking system not really differentiating solo and dynamic other than the shitty emblem has basically encouraged people to smurf and boost. queue times in high elo also discourage people from playing on their main. making the problem even worse for the high elo kids. I've actually ran into a TON of diamond/plat smurfs while smurfing myself which makes me feel a lot of the higher elo players are just smurfing since queue times are awful and boosting can get them some easy cash. smurfing has always been a thing but its commonplace this season. Last season I breezed through gold, this season I had to fight super hard to get through it. its weird because dynamic queue has slowly gotten a bit better in quality, but it still sucks ass. you almost can see a glimmer of hope if they can pull some weird solution out, but at the same time you know there probably is no solution and this is the peak. where it feels "close" to being acceptable, but isn't quite there. beyond dynamic queue this season has been one of the most fun ones to play in. the marksman rework was great, the mage update while overall a failure brought interesting items, and the new objective changes are great. the only thing I really hated was the warding changes. but i understand why they changed it.
Divewing (OCE)
: Base damage on his Q. Instantly guts his lane phase, poke, and burst ALL IN ONE. Oh yeah not to mention COMPLETELY LEAVING HIS POWERFUL LATE GAME DPS PREDOMINANTLY UNTOUCHED. His Q shouldn't have dealt dmg in the first place
> [{quoted}](name=Lancir,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mTelEFzs,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2016-07-07T02:57:50.156+0000) > > Base damage on his Q. > Instantly guts his lane phase, poke, and burst ALL IN ONE. > Oh yeah not to mention COMPLETELY LEAVING HIS POWERFUL LATE GAME DPS PREDOMINANTLY UNTOUCHED. > > His Q shouldn't have dealt dmg in the first place I like the idea in theory, but let's be careful here. if they gut his Q it might be overboard. i think his base damage on his W is the big one that needs changing especially early. maybe even nerf his base attack speed but increase its scaling so by late game its the same, but early game he attacks a bit slower. this would nerf his wave clear a bit too though. I remember when I thought the shield nerfs were going to be good for lux but they basically gutted her from being OP as fuck to mediocre even in the right hands. the lux shield nerfs/changes are an example of how things sound ok in theory but aren't necessariy the way to go about nerfing. I truly believe Azir is mostly ok as he is even with his annoying range, he just needs to be more poke oriented rather than I chunk you for a 1/3 of your life bar if not more every time my Q is up even though I scale massively into the late game.
Vistha Kai (EUNE)
: This doesn't address crap. His damage in lane will remain basically unchanged _(oh, gawd that -4 base damage at level 2, literally unplayable)_. It's like back in the day, they nerfed his W ratio, but buffed his base attack speed twice and the ultimate outcome of that being 1% AP lower DPS. The change on PBE only love-taps his mid-game, without touching his laning, which is the biggest problem of Azir's balance.
> [{quoted}](name=Vistha Kai,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mTelEFzs,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-07-06T15:26:23.239+0000) > > This doesn't address crap. > > His damage in lane will remains basically unchanged _(oh, gawd that -4 base damage at level 2, literally unplayable)_. > > It's like back in the day, they nerfed his W ratio, but buffed his base attack speed twice and the ultimate outcome of that being 1% AP lower DPS. > > The change on PBE only love-taps his mid-game, without touching his laning, which is the biggest problem of Azir's balance. this. his late game is fine. like a champion who scales that hard as the ultimate aoe dps mage is fine with me. someones gotta be it. on ADC you have kog and on melee you have yi. for mages you have azir and cassio. thats cool. but for a champion who scales hard able to spike with just components of items is ridiculous. azir is literally not bad at any stage of the game.
nep2une (NA)
: Yeah I just suppose almost every single person sucks with him which is why he's so OP. Wait, logic exists. Hmm. Funny how that works, isn't it? A lot of champions could be said to be "clearly broken" in top tier hands, because once you get to that level, you can do all sorts of things/unusual techniques/etc as well as have an amazing grasp of the game itself. And no, LB is annoying and oppressive, but she is not good. She is a win lane-lose game champion pretty much, because the only thing she does is just kill the enemy mid over and over. And completely fall off if she can't get those kills. Even with those kills, all people have to do is just build MR and play around how she plays. For someone who's """clearly overpowered""", almost no one manages to achieve any sort of meaningful results that would suggest "clearly overpowered". Your very logic is flawed. If he's that good, people would be winning with him. As it stands, every single piece of data pretty much suggests he's an absolutely horrible pick. Sure, he's oppressive with soldiers and long-range DPS and farm and whatever else you want to talk about. But that really hasn't done shit for making him actually good in terms of results. But I mean sure, if you want to continue to make illogical cry-threads, go ahead. I just don't see the point, unless you're trying to repfarm or something. And of course, feel free to downvote a rational thread with actual proof and data just because you don't like it because it disproves your own thread with no actual valid points.
> [{quoted}](name=nep2une,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mTelEFzs,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2016-07-06T14:20:20.106+0000) > > Yeah I just suppose almost every single person sucks with him which is why he's so OP. > Wait, logic exists. Hmm. Funny how that works, isn't it? > A lot of champions could be said to be "clearly broken" in top tier hands, because once you get to that level, you can do all sorts of things/unusual techniques/etc as well as have an amazing grasp of the game itself. > > And no, LB is annoying and oppressive, but she is not good. > She is a win lane-lose game champion pretty much, because the only thing she does is just kill the enemy mid over and over. > And completely fall off if she can't get those kills. > Even with those kills, all people have to do is just build MR and play around how she plays. > > For someone who's """clearly overpowered""", almost no one manages to achieve any sort of meaningful results that would suggest "clearly overpowered". Your very logic is flawed. If he's that good, people would be winning with him. As it stands, every single piece of data pretty much suggests he's an absolutely horrible pick. Sure, he's oppressive with soldiers and long-range DPS and farm and whatever else you want to talk about. But that really hasn't done shit for making him actually good in terms of results. > > But I mean sure, if you want to continue to make illogical cry-threads, go ahead. I just don't see the point, unless you're trying to repfarm or something. And of course, feel free to downvote a rational thread with actual proof and data just because you don't like it because it disproves your own thread with no actual valid points. Leblanc is very good. in top tier hands means what a champion is capable of. look at riven, most gold and below plebs are garbage with her. but in the right hands she is a monster champion who needs o be kept in check. Leblanc is the same way. she is not "win lane lose game" she is win lane, snowball the game out of control, win game by 20 minutes if not earlier if you know how to close out the game. yeah if you can't close out the game she is garbage. that is literally what I just said. you just acknowledge what i said?
: To me it's not ranked stressing me out. It's the players. Don't come unprepared Don't play a champ you don't have a Mastery Ribbon on Don't play ranked if you've ever said "we can't win" Don't try a new lane in ranked If you don't group, you chase bait, or recall after an ACE instead of pushing the tower. If you think kills are more important than staying alive, think you need to get fed before you think about towers, or don't look at your mini map. DON'T. PLAY. RANKED. And yet, and yet, what's the punishment if they do? Nothing. And I hear so many dopes say "well maybe on a different account..." Stfu. Play that account then. 42% of players queue to win and you're ruining it. This game caterers to trolls and the lazy. And I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Until Riot does something about people who go into Ranked with zero ****s then the whole system is rigged. "but you can carry yourself if you're ski..." "I'm a support main. You can only go so far support the clueless"
> [{quoted}](name=RookPusher,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=k1zqMwV2,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-07-06T12:28:23.340+0000) > > To me it's not ranked stressing me out. It's the players. > > Don't come unprepared > Don't play a champ you don't have a Mastery Ribbon on > Don't play ranked if you've ever said "we can't win" > Don't try a new lane in ranked > If you don't group, you chase bait, or recall after an ACE instead of pushing the tower. If you think kills are more important than staying alive, think you need to get fed before you think about towers, or don't look at your mini map. DON'T. PLAY. RANKED. > > And yet, and yet, what's the punishment if they do? Nothing. And I hear so many dopes say "well maybe on a different account..." Stfu. Play that account then. 42% of players queue to win and you're ruining it. This game caterers to trolls and the lazy. And I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Until Riot does something about people who go into Ranked with zero ****s then the whole system is rigged. > > "but you can carry yourself if you're ski..." > "I'm a support main. You can only go so far support the clueless" mastery ribbon? since when did this become a thing? who gives a fuck if you've played a shit ton of times on a champion. ranked is THE place to learn a champion because you are usually against people's best and they don't dick around. now im not saying you should first time a champ in ranked and "wing it", but once you have a general feel for a champion and understand what they can and cant do without feeding then you can go into ranked.
nep2une (NA)
: Why would such a sub-par champion need nerfs? Oh dear, I just committed a crime, I actually dared to say Azir isn't the most OP shit ever. Oh wait, I'm right. Don't believe me? Feel free to look at all the hard data. http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/JzHtbE4g-the-hard-data-about-everyones-favorite-chicken-god-and-what-it-proves For all his oppressiveness/damage/utility, he's still terrible in terms of actual results on average. Hmm. Gee, I wonder what that means.
> [{quoted}](name=nep2une,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mTelEFzs,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-07-06T13:23:01.351+0000) > > Why would such a sub-par champion need nerfs? > Oh dear, I just committed a crime, I actually dared to say Azir isn't the most OP shit ever. Oh wait, I'm right. Don't believe me? Feel free to look at all the hard data. > > http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/JzHtbE4g-the-hard-data-about-everyones-favorite-chicken-god-and-what-it-proves > > For all his oppressiveness/damage/utility, he's still terrible in terms of actual results on average. Hmm. Gee, I wonder what that means. it means the majority of people in this game suck ass at carrying with azir. that is what that means. Leblanc has terrible statistics and is clearly broken in the top tier hands. would you say she is in a "balanced state"? if you know how to close out leads Leblanc is legit overpowered. but if you dont or aren't playing her up to snuff she is garbage tier at winning games. that is literally all I'm saying. Azir is clearly overpowered. now most people don't win with him, but it doesn't change the fact that he is way too good.
: *comes back for season 7* Rito: Welcome to the assassin meta :D http://img.pandawhale.com/80458-Im-Out-Leslie-Nielsen-Airplane-6Zf5.gif Seriously though, seeing as assassins are the next class getting updated, season 7 doesn't seem like it will be off to a great start.
> [{quoted}](name=Blue Moon Wolf,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qEXGluVq,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-07-05T14:34:55.685+0000) > > *comes back for season 7* > > Rito: Welcome to the assassin meta :D > > http://img.pandawhale.com/80458-Im-Out-Leslie-Nielsen-Airplane-6Zf5.gif > > Seriously though, seeing as assassins are the next class getting updated, season 7 doesn't seem like it will be off to a great start. I would hold our judgement until we see their direction for assassins. with this year's mage update I'd argue they left most of the champions weaker with the exception of swain, vlad, zyra, and malz. brand is meh, vel koz feels meh despite deaing so much true dmg, and all the smaller reworks just didn't really do anything to give you a reason to pick those champions. Hell I'd say the biggest change might have been Viktor as once they changed him he became pick or ban in lcs again. still though, the mage update is far less toxic to deal with than the juggernaut was. the marksman rework was imbalanced at first, but once everyone figured out the new adcs I'd say that rework was a resounding success. it took them sometime to figure out the numbers, but its great. the juggernaut one is the main one that leaves me salty. darius, mordekaiser, skarner were ALL busted as hell. I never really felt like garen was too strong, but some did. but the other 3 were definitely broken. skarner even needed a hot fix he was so busted. the assassin rework should be interesting. they are going to want to make assassin's unique and give them counterplay. I think that means less blink of an eye deaths which is good. even if the assassin's are strong or op when they rework them at least they will have counterplay and be able to be tuned down after. sometimes stuff is overhyped too. like duskblade on zed. I admit I thought it would make talon pick or ban, but the item ended up being just a mediocre item that is actually now built more on adcs than assassins.
Arakadia (NA)
: League is very similar to the game it was 3 years ago, and people are getting bored.
league is just as fun as its always been if not more fun. the balance changes have been quite good over the years. in season 4 it was basically get a lead, litter the map with wards and take dragon over and over while you starve out your opponent. baron was just regen back then so while it was important it didnt necessariliy lead to objectives like it does now. the best changes they have made over the years are the baron buff changes, the new elemental drakes(drakes having buffs in general are good), and the introduction of new items and the removal of cheese tactics like sword of the divine and DFG. the game is much much more tactical now and less about pub stomping lane and then solo carrying. it feels much more like a team game now. even last season I felt like it was which team had the best player would win. now its which team has the players who work the best together. which players know how to play around their teammates and work together. the only screw up riot has honestly made recently is dynamic queue. and its only a screw up long term for competitive. in terms of casuals its quite good which is where honestly most of their money is going to come from. my only fear for riot is that they will kill the competitive scene by not having a solo q ranked system and then the LCS will eventually get watered down as kids retire and then the players that are in LCS aren't as good of quality as they are now. the competitive scene is just going to get kind of meh at some point if they leave it like this at which point it wont be worth watching. and that is the biggest thing about league. its not just a game, its a sport that is FUN to watch. even when I quit someday and am too busy with school and my job I see myself watching LCS unless it gets shittier quality.
: New mechanic for armor
why not? because then tanks could push this button and then become unkillable. tanks are meant to be shredded by adcs and high dps mages. (by high dps i mean SUSTAINED dps) tanks are never ever going to be bursted unless focused by like 5 people. adcs have the highest dps in the game by nature of their risk reward playstyle. they do insane damage if left unchecked but pretty much everything kills them if they get on top of them. adcs need a way of dealing with tanks. imagine if adcs couldn't kill tanks. they would literally just kill everything. we had a meta like that. the tank meta of cinderhulk where sejuani would have 5k health and no matter what you built as an adc it would take 25 autos or more to kill her by at which point you lost the fight because you wasted all your time dealing with a fat pig rider in your face. thornmail is fine in its current state. it basically makes it to where if you dont build lifesteal you will kill yourself attacking the tank and if you build lifesteal it is negated unless you have a shit ton of lifesteal. thornmail was never intended to be a "I bought this item, now you cant kill me you filthy adc" item. Its intended to give tanks a way of dealing with auto attack champions with lifesteal so the damage they do to them isn't just healed up instantly.
: Makes sense and he should have his damage early nerfed. But then again my laning vs him is "ok" and i have as of now in ranked have an 89% win rate vs azirs (8Wins-1Lose) as katarina in mid to high plat. I do agree he needs a nerf, but so far i haven't seen a highly skilled one carry the game against me. (the win rate does not mean "lane" it means the game period.)
> [{quoted}](name=Big Bad Doge,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mTelEFzs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-07-06T10:12:55.875+0000) > > Makes sense and he should have his damage early nerfed. But then again my laning vs him is "ok" and i have as of now in ranked have an 89% win rate vs azirs (8Wins-1Lose) as katarina in mid to high plat. I do agree he needs a nerf, but so far i haven't seen a highly skilled one carry the game against me. (the win rate does not mean "lane" it means the game period.) eh you probably are just really proficient on katarina. Katarina gets dumped on in lane by most people but a good kat will survive lane and just carry the game with her decision making. a good azir by all accounts should dumpster katarina post 6. pre 6 I feel you can actually chunk him super hard if he misses his Q. a good azir will land every Q from max range and proc thunderlords once he get some attack speed. I think his early game dmg is brainless but his usefulness outside of lane is where the skill intensive side of azir comes in. even a bad azir wins lane. good azir's win game.
Jo0o (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Treeofwar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ruJhPEZO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-07-06T04:03:23.777+0000) > > its because when enemy teams surrender at 20 its usually a stomp so people have really high scores so it will be much harder to get I'm sure it's something like that, but that's crap. If I'm stomping, I deserve recognition for stomping! I shouldn't need to achieve a world record of stomp-speed to earn a mastery token, and I shouldn't feel the need to stomp less for a better chance at a hextech chest.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ruJhPEZO,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-07-06T04:05:19.824+0000) > > I'm sure it's something like that, but that's crap. If I'm stomping, I deserve recognition for stomping! I shouldn't need to achieve a world record of stomp-speed to earn a mastery token, and I shouldn't feel the need to stomp less for a better chance at a hextech chest. i don't get why people get so upset about not getting S's in general. they are pretty easy to get. high farm and low deaths and high kill participation have usually been more than enough for me. there are games where I don't even play that well and I get an S. i think there are like 4 losses in a row the other day I got an S or higher where I felt like shocked that I did. just relax man. your S will come. who cares how you get them. just be patient. your time will come.
Edyr420 (EUW)
: Any cait nerfs in sight?
caitlyn is mostly fine. im ok with her traps being the cancer that they are. every adc needs a good reason to pick them besides "long range". what i wish they would change is that her E doesnt apply the headshot anymore. it makes going after her super punishing. if she escapes your attempt to get at her that should be enough. you should be crit for half your life because you wanted to get at her.
: Kalista's ADC win rate is lower than Urgot's ADC win rate.
even with 125 games + on kalista those people have sub 45% win rate. honestly though how can you balance her without gutting her? she is literally the best adc if you make her viable. there is no reason to pick anyone else. her passive is that broken.
Rioter Comments
: Give me one reason why I should ever play Nasus
nasus will never be the go to pick as long as he has infinite scaling and more importantly the broken wither. i think his Q being infinite scaling is fine. like whatever. you have a tanky juggernaut with no mobility who scales well into the mid and early late game (his late late late game is actually not so good as that is when adcs shine and just kite him into oblivion). his wither makes him hard to balance though. it is an INCREASING slow and it lasts SO LONG that its just a broken spell. I think nasus could use a rework while keeping his Q intact and maybe giving him something else to make him unique or relevant in team fights. a single target wither is not going to help him in team fights. and his ult AOE doesn't mean anything if he is just being kited around. I dont think he needs mobiltiy but he could use somethign.
Gentzer (EUW)
: Isn't Cassiopeia meant to be the anti-mobility mage with her new kit?
they actually talked about this during LCS. Jatt did I believe. basically her W's grounded effect is a bonus. Cassiopeia was always a strong laner but was easily shut down by mobile champions who could just close the gap and ruin her day. the W now makes Cassiopeia a character who now is strong in general and if the champion has mobility she now has a WAY of dealing with that. it doesn't make her instantly beat the mobile champs. she's not an anti mobility mage. she just has a way to deal with it herself. it gives her a unique tool to play around and makes her interactions super interesting. Cassiopeia is awesomely designed right now, its just her numbers are grossly overtuned. she basically is same ole cass with E spam machine gun and ridiculous DPS but she got new tools. a better W, and a Q that does more dmg. they took away none of her strengths and just gave her new ones. her new passive is a little bit of power gone, but her late late late game is still good since she doesn't have to build boots. I think they need to reduce some of her E damage or maybe lower its healing a bit. her sustain in lane is kind of oppressive and her E damage is as strong as before. they need to nerf her in some way to compensate for her cool new kit. her kit isn't the issue. she is just imbalanced right now, numbers wise.
: I hate the -- If your not plat your garbage way of thinking.
as a plat 4 smurf myself I don't know why you would think you are good at this game, but being held back in any way. "were good but we don't know how to carry" then you aren't good? I mean isn't that what makes someone good, you can carry at that elo. that is how you climb. you climb by being better than that elo so much that you just solo carry games or carry most of your games by being consistent and reliable. just because you know how to get fed in lane doesn't mean you are good. just because you have a good KDA every game does not mean you are good. bronze and silver players are super delusional I have found while I smurf. they literally point out all their teammates mistakes and never focus on their own and that is why they are stuck in silver. that's it. they think oh I'm performing well but my teammates are awful every single game. so yes, silver and bronze players are garbage. thats ok though, we were all garbage at some point. admitting it is first step to getting better. hell even in plat 4 I consider myself hot garbage. I'm awful at this game compared to where i want to be. and some of my roles are terribad.
Ralanr (NA)
: Because her early was too strong for the monster that her late game was.
> [{quoted}](name=Ralanr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9AUxJjs1,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-30T22:01:31.998+0000) > > Because her early was too strong for the monster that her late game was. it was indeed too strong originally. but nerfing the base dmg on her passive was pretty big as wel as the riposte cooldown is huge. she is pretty weak early right now. not just pretty weak but TOO weak. you can buff a weak champion while still leaving them vulnerable in the early game. right now fiora really has little options in the early game. she just has to farm up which isn't good. even weak early game champs like Jinx Vayne, Jax can all do things in the early levels. There's a reason when trinity got buffed you see the comeback of carry tops and fiora is nowhere to be seen in solo queue. she is too weak.
: > [{quoted}](name=RiposteYourHeart,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9AUxJjs1,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-06-30T21:41:07.058+0000) > > This is bonus ad and only affects her early ish game since you max Q first anyway. Max rank Q is same ratio. > > Fiora honestly needs it. She scales super well, but can't impact in the early game against most matchups right now at all. Her Q does essentially no dmg without a vital early and even with a vital early game it's pretty weak. > > This will help her have some chance vs more brutal matchups like Darius and illaoi while not buffing her beast late game. > > This also won't make her early game OP and make pick or ban again. She honestly is in a bad spot right now against competent players because of her early game. This change isn't going to break her lmao. fiora is one of the best early level champions in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=MunchCrunchLunch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9AUxJjs1,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2016-06-30T21:43:42.941+0000) > > lmao. fiora is one of the best early level champions in the game. Rofl you are joking right? With her 6 second cd Q that does less dmg than an auto attack and probably about as much if you hit a vital. With a 24 second cool down riposte and over 10 second cool down slight auto attack dmg modifier? She's awful early game. There are certain matchups you can dance around and hit vitals for days but most of the time you cannot do that as everyone out trades you. Fiora sucks early after her nerfs. She used to be pretty good but she was nerfed reaaaallly hard
: can j4's ult apply the grounded effect
If you do this youd have to reduce the dmg on it. Right now AOE ad j4 dunkster is already scary to deal with as an adc. That said, if you made it grounded it would give him more utility in exchange for that dmg and make him have a big impact. Still won't make him viable though. Until j4 can clear his jungle without taking 75% of his life he is going to remain an ad cheese top
: Fiora Buffs
This is bonus ad and only affects her early ish game since you max Q first anyway. Max rank Q is same ratio. Fiora honestly needs it. She scales super well, but can't impact in the early game against most matchups right now at all. Her Q does essentially no dmg without a vital early and even with a vital early game it's pretty weak. This will help her have some chance vs more brutal matchups like Darius and illaoi while not buffing her beast late game. This also won't make her early game OP and make pick or ban again. She honestly is in a bad spot right now against competent players because of her early game. This change isn't going to break her
Show more

RiposteYourHeart

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion