: > [{quoted}](name=KarnifactsRivayn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OazuEjEo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-20T09:06:50.658+0000) > > {{summoner:14}} No {{item:3076}} Way {{item:3165}} Around {{item:3123}} it I think i'm aware that there are counter to healing in league. The point im making which flew by your head is that it is too big of a heal for the CD of the point and click ability.
> [{quoted}](name=TSM Polarbear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OazuEjEo,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-03-20T09:20:00.987+0000) > > I think i'm aware that there are counter to healing in league. > > The point im making which flew by your head is that it is too big of a heal for the CD of the point and click ability. Apparently not seeing as how your last game you had one thorn mail and two Blade of the Ruined Kings and an AD Neeko making you essentially a full AD comp. Plus you didn't start building any sort of MR until the game was pretty much over when it should have been an early item. Not to say his healing isn't broken, but probably a good idea to try to put out the fire before the house is engulfed, don't you think?
wolvius (EUW)
: By tank you mean %hp magic damage dealer with damage scaling from mr/armor right? I cant think of anything else that describes this "tank" you speak off. {{sticker:galio-happy}} ######Now this is a proper tank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiZmty-5j-s
My roadblock of a Leona would like a word with you.
Rioter Comments
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=KnxZtlZR,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-15T16:51:09.748+0000) > > It's been a while, but I think Marie adores Naotsugu because he's a big strong guy in heavy armor. Marie has a crush on Naotsugu and it's better illustrated in the light novels where it's shown that the feeling began during their first meeting when Naotsugu acted maturely and ensured to her that everything would be alright (given the "Catastrophe" just happened and everything was a shit mess). This scene above wasn't shown in the anime, presumably for timing or pacing or whatever reason that resulted in it being eliminated. The result is that Marie's later and rather constant 'pestering Naotsugu for attention' tease may seem a bit more surface level ("Marie adores Naotsugu because he's a big strong guy in heavy armor") than actually intended to be.
I remember seeing this scene though and I've never read any of the light novels. It goes deeper through most of the episodes, but oftentimes it's like that "hey I saw you across the room and oh gosh I'm so nervous" trope. This doesn't really show off what's built up over the course of 11 or so episodes.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Jw4XlAgE,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-03-15T20:11:21.074+0000) > > It also helps if your jungler camps bot, but we all know that never happens. It's only the enemy jungler that ever camps your lane. But really if you are playing her into that matchup, you never want to all in. you have to pick a target and burn summs, back out then try later. If you're all-inning in with flash up, you're going to have a bad time. > > Let's say it's an Ez-Lulu bot lane. Go in, pop a flash, back out. Go in pop Ezreal E and possibly a flash. Back out again and pick one, one has two escapes down, the other has one, neither choice is usually right yet you're going to have to force your adc to pick a target who is usually whoever you are focusing. What a nightmare lol. I'll try to keep that in mind. Like I say for jungling, "Sometimes it's the summoner spells you're after, not the kill." Same applied to every lane in retrospect.
Yeah, it's a nice game of "how good is my ADC?" which is a quick answer when you go in and they run to inner turret.
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Jw4XlAgE,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-03-15T19:58:49.140+0000) > > My best pick has always been {{champion:89}} as they can't do much when I have three forms of CC. You can stop one, good luck if I managed to get in. I've tried that, and it just doesn't work due to the issues mentioned above. Leona might be able to lock down one, but the other just focuses you. Your adc had to actually follow up, and even then you likely eat all the harass as they flash away and double back on you, effectively causing you to lose the trade.
It also helps if your jungler camps bot, but we all know that never happens. It's only the enemy jungler that ever camps your lane. But really if you are playing her into that matchup, you never want to all in. you have to pick a target and burn summs, back out then try later. If you're all-inning in with flash up, you're going to have a bad time. Let's say it's an Ez-Lulu bot lane. Go in, pop a flash, back out. Go in pop Ezreal E and possibly a flash. Back out again and pick one, one has two escapes down, the other has one, neither choice is usually right yet you're going to have to force your adc to pick a target who is usually whoever you are focusing.
: How to beat Lulu, Soraka, Nami, and other supports like them?
My best pick has always been {{champion:89}} as they can't do much when I have three forms of CC. You can stop one, good luck if I managed to get in.
: Forget Yasuo, Riven and Vayne threads
Hard for me to choose a favorite, but this is my current one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpUQpGQ1a8Y
Rustypug (NA)
: theres only one way i can defeat laughing fish
You're going to need a bigger rod.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-03-14T19:23:06.185+0000) > > Without frustration, how do you learn? If you were handed a answers to a question would you feel better? Just because you hate having to go over an obstacle does not mean everyone else does. I have been given silver spoons all my life so I know the value of hard work and how great it feels when you finally get past that wall. > > I learned to win vs Yasuo as Lux. I learned to deal with old LeBroken as Lux and Ahri. How I cried when the enemy team picked Brand support into my Leona, but each and every time I've learned to overcome them and feel better as a result. Lowering the bar does not make worse people better, it makes better players worse as they become accustomed to being handed a win. > > If CertainlyT champions did not exist, the game would have died a very long time ago because you would have had roughly the same game for ten years. Just imagine how you'd feel playing a game from back then all the way up to now. You would have a very standard game decided by 20 champs still, 10 being pick or banned and ending up roughly with the same rotation. There is a difference between being frustrated by playing not as good as you'd wanted, and being frustrated because the champ played by the opponent is bullshit and there is quite literally little to nothing you could do against it while they decimate you like bots with clearly unfair power plainly just given to them. And it's also very different to the frustration that comes from when the opposing champ is so badly designed and/or badly balanced, or worse, so badly designed they straight up CAN'T BE BALANCED. And if CertainlyT isn't in League, the game wouldn't have died at all. The game reached peak popularity without him in the picture, and it wouldn't have died if he weren't at Riot. All his absence would contribute is to not initiate this arms race at producing the most flashy and blatantly overloaded champion among the newbie champ designers that we see today. The only thing I'd miss if CT isn't here is it would probably mean the "ammo" system would probably be invented later or never, but otherwise, good fucking riddance. After all, the game's most imaginatively constructed and best well-rounded champs weren't created by CT. The game would do mighty fine without the supposed godly touch of CT that the fanboys all rave about. CT is just the fast-food equivalence of champ designer at Riot: vastly popular, and lovers absolutely love it, they're convenient and fills in the part if you just want to turn your brain off and have a good time, but it doesn't change the fact the quality is utter garbo. It's also kind of funny that no one, ever, holds CT to his constant crime of swiping the designs of his other peers at Riot, by constantly being """inspired""" by their designs and then appropriating them by creating a broken version of them while calling it his own. Imho, CT is just a hack that everyone likes and praises for no reason, because I guess his work looks pretty and appeals to the kind of people who don't give a shit just like he does. It's like Greg Land, except at Riot as a champ designer.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2019-03-15T17:28:57.632+0000) > > There is a difference between being frustrated by playing not as good as you'd wanted, and being frustrated because the champ played by the opponent is bullshit and there is quite literally little to nothing you could do against it while they decimate you like bots with clearly unfair power plainly just given to them. And it's also very different to the frustration that comes from when the opposing champ is so badly designed and/or badly balanced, or worse, so badly designed they straight up CAN'T BE BALANCED. > Your idea and my idea of "Balance" are biased so using that argument falls flat on its face. Unless you've played every single champion in every single role using every single item combination in every single scenario, it is physically impossible for one person to manage close to probably hundreds of billions of scales. I won't argue that you know what's broken, but at the same time you don't know how to break things which are two separate mindsets. For all you know one thing that's OP may actually be weak, unfortunately people flock to the flavor of the month and if you dare go against the meta all hell will break loose. Remember bot lane Morde? > And if CertainlyT isn't in League, the game wouldn't have died at all. The game reached peak popularity without him in the picture, and it wouldn't have died if he weren't at Riot. All his absence would contribute is to not initiate this arms race at producing the most flashy and blatantly overloaded champion among the newbie champ designers that we see today. The only thing I'd miss if CT isn't here is it would probably mean the "ammo" system would probably be invented later or never, but otherwise, good fucking riddance. > Let's see how Classic WoW handles on release after the first month before I make any statement to this. If a majority gripe then my point stands. If few don't your point stands. > After all, the game's most imaginatively constructed and best well-rounded champs weren't created by CT. The game would do mighty fine without the supposed godly touch of CT that the fanboys all rave about. CT is just the fast-food equivalence of champ designer at Riot: vastly popular, and lovers absolutely love it, they're convenient and fills in the part if you just want to turn your brain off and have a good time, but it doesn't change the fact the quality is utter garbo. Pick three and I'll gladly tell you how bland they are as many are just a trope of some fantasy stereo type or so simplistic in design a ten year old could come up with it. > It's also kind of funny that no one, ever, holds CT to his constant crime of swiping the designs of his other peers at Riot, by constantly being """inspired""" by their designs and then appropriating them by creating a broken version of them while calling it his own. Imho, CT is just a hack that everyone likes and praises for no reason, because I guess his work looks pretty and appeals to the kind of people who don't give a shit just like he does. It's like Greg Land, except at Riot as a champ designer. This is not new. Look up the story of StarCraft and WoW, you think those were original ideas? Hell even Dota's not original. People improve on old designs and you're making him sound like some evil mastermind whose taking credit for everyone else's work when probably there was an entire team behind it. Here's the thing nobody tells you about, the people behind the design. Why? Better to torch a man than set a building on fire. For all we know maybe he didn't make the entire design and only came up with a concept. One champion is not made by one person. Anyway, I'm not going to reply after this because it's clear you're letting anger get the better of you and trying to argue is pointless since you are going to stay in that fort of yours, refusing to come out and negotiate.
Alzon (NA)
: I don’t get or appreciate the gif, but everything else here speaks to my soul.
It's been a while, but I think Marie adores Naotsugu because he's a big strong guy in heavy armor.
Rioter Comments
: Oof, you can't just go around throwing up Log Horizon gifs like that, it is bringing my longing for a season 3 back in full force.
Then my job is done https://thumbs.gfycat.com/InbornHeavyBobcat-size_restricted.gif
: Post ITT and I'll tell you one thing I like and dislike about you.
IAmTheLego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T20:20:10.334+0000) > > Point I was trying to make is that is what I find fun and though I don't represent the entire community, the thing is should I be disregarded because 100 others dislike them? How valuable is me as a player to a game I used to enjoy? > > Apparently less than zero due to many factors and branded a casual scum. It's funny that hardcore comp people have frustration to something I find not as infuriating and almost welcome when I see. I never saw him for months, it was always a Zed mid and let me tell you clicking R and poke for half my entire health bar is not fun to me. If people like him that is fine, but I try to understand the other side find it enjoyable. > > Yes I had my issues, but I tried my best not to let them get to me too much. Unless it was Veigar or LeBroken. Don't care they are played little, a point and click instakill and someone who's chains are more busted than Morgan's Q were those. That's another story altogether, though. > > Basically, you find something unfun means that nobody else is having fun and those who are having it should have it taken away by force and have to conform to the hive mind circle-jerk the game has become. To be frank, i don't mind Yasuo much, but i also don't like that champion. There are things i consider them as flaws when it comes to designing. Problem with Zed is that, thanks to lethality, he doesn't need to land his combo perfectly to get a kill, while LeBlanc's e range is too safe of a range. These 2 champions just point a huge middle finger to "fairness" and "high risk high reward".
> [{quoted}](name=IAmTheLego,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T20:29:30.898+0000) > > To be frank, i don't mind Yasuo much, but i also don't like that champion. There are things i consider them as flaws when it comes to designing. > Designing is much like writing a book, not everyone's going to like it and earlier you're saying your thoughts as both "player and designer." Those two cannot work together at all because the biases of the player outweigh the creativeness of a designer. In fact, CT is not alone in the thought of frustration as a Hearthstone dev has made the same comment. Players have gotten too comfortable with things like regenerating health, lots of ammo, point and click abilities, AoE nukes, and the such that every champion that has more than what Garen does is considered overloaded and, instead of dealing with it, would rather pitch a fit and have it removed. How about "Getting Over It?" by a players perspective, it shouldn't be made yet from a designer perspective it's perfect. You're letting the player side dictate your design side. Not to say you're wrong that maybe his champions might have an issue, take a step back and really see it instead of "this champ has everything!" Do they really? You have to realize, League is not a 1v1 game and can be allotted a bit more where in a fighting game anything that gives a character many tools would be immediately ripped out. I think Injustice had a problem with Supergirl and Hawkeye (can't remember the other one, he had a good poke and good escape) Bias is like cake, everyone has their preference and it's nice to have yours yet you're going to have to realize the menu is not for you and also for the four other people sitting at the counter.
IAmTheLego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T20:01:44.048+0000) > > Again, I'll bring up Yasuo who's currently the number one hate boy - I find it thrilling to play against one as Ahri because it's a dance of finding the break in the other's defense. I have to manage mana and he has to manage me poking him down in what I personally consider as a grand display of skill. Two highly mobile champions deciding who is the better foe. > > When I win it's great, when I lose it means I have more to work for, every one plays slightly differently and I enjoy finding those differences in mentality that most people write off as Yasuo arrogance. Thing about Yasuo is that his windwall will make....well all her abilities useless unless he places it poorly. Not to mention his E can also charge up his passive shield quite quickly and not just walking around. I main Vel'Koz, so usually my Q is all geometry and to top it off, my ulti is more than enough to kill him (even if he windwalls), hell, i was called a hacker when Vel's ulti went through his windwall... I guess 1 flaw on CT's designs is that they make the players too egotistic and over confident. A CT champion on your ally is often more frustrating than on the enemy team.
> [{quoted}](name=IAmTheLego,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T20:10:48.070+0000) > > Thing about Yasuo is that his windwall will make....well all her abilities useless unless he places it poorly. > Not to mention his E can also charge up his passive shield quite quickly and not just walking around. > > I main Vel'Koz, so usually my Q is all geometry and to top it off, my ulti is more than enough to kill him (even if he windwalls), hell, i was called a hacker when Vel's ulti went through his windwall... > I guess 1 flaw on CT's designs is that they make the players too egotistic and over confident. A CT champion on your ally is often more frustrating than on the enemy team. Point I was trying to make is that is what I find fun and though I don't represent the entire community, the thing is should I be disregarded because 100 others dislike them? How valuable is me as a player to a game I used to enjoy? Apparently less than zero due to many factors and branded a casual scum. It's funny that hardcore comp people have frustration to something I find not as infuriating and almost welcome when I see. I never saw him for months, it was always a Zed mid and let me tell you clicking R and poke for half my entire health bar is not fun to me. If people like him that is fine, but I try to understand the other side find it enjoyable. Yes I had my issues, but I tried my best not to let them get to me too much. Unless it was Veigar or LeBroken. Don't care they are played little, a point and click instakill and someone who's chains are more busted than Morgan's Q were those. That's another story altogether, though. Basically, you find something unfun means that nobody else is having fun and those who are having it should have it taken away by force and have to conform to the hive mind circle-jerk the game has become.
IAmTheLego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T19:55:18.200+0000) > > Fun is always relative, what you find bad I may find good and vice versa. What is fun to you in your own definition? If the phrase of "I can't carry" crosses your mind, chances are you need a change of pace. Fun is when its fun to play as that champion but also thrilling to play against that champion. If I was a champion designer, I'll never release a champion until the entire community says it's cool to play as and against. Hell...technically speaking I'm already a designer. But I prefer builder more.
> [{quoted}](name=IAmTheLego,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T19:58:02.822+0000) > > Fun is when its fun to play as that champion but also thrilling to play against that champion. > > If I was a champion designer, I'll never release a champion until the entire community says it's cool to play as and against. > > Hell...technically speaking I'm already a designer. But I prefer builder more. Again, I'll bring up Yasuo who's currently the number one hate boy - I find it thrilling to play against one as Ahri because it's a dance of finding the break in the other's defense. I have to manage mana and he has to manage me poking him down in what I personally consider as a grand display of skill. Two highly mobile champions deciding who is the better foe. When I win it's great, when I lose it means I have more to work for, every one plays slightly differently and I enjoy finding those differences in mentality that most people write off as Yasuo arrogance.
IAmTheLego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T19:39:15.285+0000) > > Then there shouldn't be a problem is there? Sounds like you just want an easy walk in the park and don't want rosebushes poking you on the way. Knowing how to play against a champion does not equal to fun to play. Since maybe season 7 I haven't felt any thrills in playing against a champion. Which is funny because season 7 was my most glorious season ever.
> [{quoted}](name=IAmTheLego,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T19:52:16.144+0000) > > Knowing how to play against a champion does not equal to fun to play. > Fun is always relative, what you find bad I may find good and vice versa. What is fun to you in your own definition? If the phrase of "I can't carry" crosses your mind, chances are you need a change of pace.
Rioter Comments
IAmTheLego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-03-14T19:23:06.185+0000) > > Without frustration, how do you learn? If you were handed a answers to a question would you feel better? Just because you hate having to go over an obstacle does not mean everyone else does. I have been given silver spoons all my life so I know the value of hard work and how great it feels when you finally get past that wall. > > I learned to win vs Yasuo as Lux. I learned to deal with old LeBroken as Lux and Ahri. How I cried when the enemy team picked Brand support into my Leona, but each and every time I've learned to overcome them and feel better as a result. Lowering the bar does not make worse people better, it makes better players worse as they become accustomed to being handed a win. > > If CertainlyT champions did not exist, the game would have died a very long time ago because you would have had roughly the same game for ten years. Just imagine how you'd feel playing a game from back then all the way up to now. You would have a very standard game decided by 20 champs still, 10 being pick or banned and ending up roughly with the same rotation. It's not rocket science to figure out the champion's own weakness.
> [{quoted}](name=IAmTheLego,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MNLEpNOq,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-03-14T19:29:14.916+0000) > > It's not rocket science to figure out the champion's own weakness. Then there shouldn't be a problem is there? Sounds like you just want an easy walk in the park and don't want rosebushes poking you on the way.
IAmTheLego (EUNE)
: CertainlyT's view on frustration
Without frustration, how do you learn? If you were handed a answers to a question would you feel better? Just because you hate having to go over an obstacle does not mean everyone else does. I have been given silver spoons all my life so I know the value of hard work and how great it feels when you finally get past that wall. I learned to win vs Yasuo as Lux. I learned to deal with old LeBroken as Lux and Ahri. How I cried when the enemy team picked Brand support into my Leona, but each and every time I've learned to overcome them and feel better as a result. Lowering the bar does not make worse people better, it makes better players worse as they become accustomed to being handed a win. If CertainlyT champions did not exist, the game would have died a very long time ago because you would have had roughly the same game for ten years. Just imagine how you'd feel playing a game from back then all the way up to now. You would have a very standard game decided by 20 champs still, 10 being pick or banned and ending up roughly with the same rotation.
Rioter Comments
: How much the Boards community has changed.
I think people finally grew up. But on the offensive thing, that's people being stupid progressive. I'm all for change, but not if I have to bend over and backwards for one special snowflake. Didn't happen for me, certainly ain't going to do that for others, learn to deal with it. Anyway, moderation probably has something to do with it and people being afraid to "rock the boat," as they say. Those who are fed up (like myself) left the game and are only hanging around because bored and monetary investment. One more thing is people don't really connect anymore and any attempts are usually cut off. Case in point, I was stupid and made a post about being into mobile gaming which I'm really not, I just happened to find an interesting title. Instant downvotes because stereotype of the genre. Now I'm into GW2 and pretty sure if I asked GD about it, I'll either get ignored or maybe a response. Who knows, you try to lend a hand these days and people snap at it.
Moody P (NA)
: Do people actually enjoy eating cake or is it just a formality?
After I had to eat a 1/4 of a sheet cake by myself, no...not at all, never again.
Saezio (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ga0loH4x,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-03-09T18:46:45.553+0000) > > Hashinshin is quite literally the face of League with how biased and one-track his mind is that he only sees the very tiniest sliver which is his own enjoyment of the game. He's stuck in an era where the meta was Jax vs, what, Irelia top constantly (I don't know what season 2 or 3 was like, but clearly he has a hard on for it) where he can just pick his champ, dominate a lane and be the big guy carry. > > He is a solo player who's e-peen has gotten so big it's taken out his mental capacity to think because a couple people agree with him. Nothing will make him happy even if they did go through with all the problems he apparently sees with disregard to anyone else. If he's not having fun, nobody is, simple as that. > > No matter the data, no matter the statistics, no matter the rates, if he sees one mage in four months, it's instantly the most broken thing ever. This is exactly why NA is an absolute joke when it comes to competitive as the dominant mindset of most players, generally around mid-elo probably between gold and plat, possibly low diamond, have this thought process that they are the best and if they lose clearly it's them that's the problem. > > The egomania that fills ranked was one major reason why I despised playing it and realized how the mentality began to bleed into Normals and even special modes. I could point out each and every mistake he makes but it's tossed aside simply because I'm unranked and clearly don't know what I'm talking about. Every fault is part of a plan that's too complex for my tiny brain to comprehend as he tower dives half health against a full health Riven ignoring looking at the map to realize jungle's missing and mid also disappeared. What do you expect? He couldn't even break masters a single time last season, when toplane was the most relevant lane in AGES(and jax one of his mains, was at his strongest in years). He can't play any toplaner that isn't a statcheck. I wanna see him play the likes of camille or jayce.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ga0loH4x,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-03-10T13:52:15.373+0000) > > What do you expect? He couldn't even break masters a single time last season, when toplane was the most relevant lane in AGES(and jax one of his mains, was at his strongest in years). He can't play any toplaner that isn't a statcheck. I wanna see him play the likes of camille or jayce. He did play Camille a bit and was decent. I doubt he'd touch Jayce with how much he hates anything ranged.
: You personified plague and I thought "Dead by Daylight?.... Things are about to get REALLY messy".....
I know nothing about Dead by Daylight. Also, we're just friends right now and I don't want to wake up with a hangover cause I'll want to murder someone.
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=evRfepjj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-09T17:09:59.106+0000) > > I could be wrong, but I thought Scarlett was trans which still makes it impressive. If you want true females in e-sports, there's some decent picks in Tekken like UYU. I really think you should go back and edit "true females" and change it to biological females. Just saving you from some hate. There's also been a trans female in League pro play.
> [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=evRfepjj,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-03-10T01:26:50.613+0000) > > I really think you should go back and edit "true females" and change it to biological females. Just saving you from some hate. There's also been a trans female in League pro play. Forgive me for I've been feverish most of the day so I went with the first word on my mind which is usually never correct. I heard of one trans whose name escapes me, but weren't they run out of town or something because of shady practices? I'm still going to get hate regardless because touchy subject which I CBA to really care about and prefer simpler terms of "give me a word and I'll gladly call you that. If you are being stupid, I'll just use they or call you by name."
: Thoughts on Hashinshin and Riot blast's talk?
Hashinshin is quite literally the face of League with how biased and one-track his mind is that he only sees the very tiniest sliver which is his own enjoyment of the game. He's stuck in an era where the meta was Jax vs, what, Irelia top constantly (I don't know what season 2 or 3 was like, but clearly he has a hard on for it) where he can just pick his champ, dominate a lane and be the big guy carry. He is a solo player who's e-peen has gotten so big it's taken out his mental capacity to think because a couple people agree with him. Nothing will make him happy even if they did go through with all the problems he apparently sees with disregard to anyone else. If he's not having fun, nobody is, simple as that. No matter the data, no matter the statistics, no matter the rates, if he sees one mage in four months, it's instantly the most broken thing ever. This is exactly why NA is an absolute joke when it comes to competitive as the dominant mindset of most players, generally around mid-elo probably between gold and plat, possibly low diamond, have this thought process that they are the best and if they lose clearly it's them that's the problem. The egomania that fills ranked was one major reason why I despised playing it and realized how the mentality began to bleed into Normals and even special modes. I could point out each and every mistake he makes but it's tossed aside simply because I'm unranked and clearly don't know what I'm talking about. Every fault is part of a plan that's too complex for my tiny brain to comprehend as he tower dives half health against a full health Riven ignoring looking at the map to realize jungle's missing and mid also disappeared.
: "There is no females in Esports" - SC2 Disagrees.
I could be wrong, but I thought Scarlett was trans which still makes it impressive. If you want biological females in e-sports, there's some decent picks in Tekken like UYU.
SatomiKun (EUW)
: Upvoted cause Violet Evergarden. Keep going.
This was the last one, next week is going to be nothing but Log Horizon. ...as soon as I'm done coughing up internal organs.
Rioter Comments
: join us brother. in Clash of Clans
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M2Hvy5hb,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-09T00:14:10.307+0000) > > join us brother. in Clash of Clans Idle defense games don't particularly interest me. I used to play Travian and Ogame and those got tedious quick.
: [Crowd City](https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cloud_City), presided over by Rando Carrissian?
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M2Hvy5hb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-09T00:09:57.900+0000) > > [Crowd City](https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cloud_City), presided over by Rando Carrissian? It's more presided over that cleric guy from AoE
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FkJOUKRZ,comment-id=0001000100000001,timestamp=2019-03-08T18:14:27.350+0000) > > Have you ever considered the thought they might just be assholes? This is the prevailing theory. Which fits nicely with real life, as 99% of people are actually assholes. > Not saying all casuals are bad. Me either, but the overwhelming majority are both bad players and bad people. I know many personally who are the farthest thing from that, but these are the exceptions to the rule.
> [{quoted}](name=oOBestEveNAOo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FkJOUKRZ,comment-id=00010001000000010000,timestamp=2019-03-08T18:20:43.979+0000) > > Me either, but the overwhelming majority are both bad players and bad people. I know many personally who are the farthest thing from that, but these are the exceptions to the rule. The overwhelming majority are actually quite the opposite if you would look past the community of League where it's the hardcore minority drowning out the silent majority that is casuals. If I still played the game, I probably wouldn't have minded positional ranks. It's the vocal ones who can't be bothered to rank five different positions are those impatient "casuals" who probably are more likely to buy an account because "They deserve Diamond" that complained about it. Edit: sentence clarification
: > [{quoted}](name=Risk of Fate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FkJOUKRZ,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-03-08T18:01:27.934+0000) > > Stop blaming casuals for everything goes wrong. Credit where it's due. Sorry that upsets you. > We don't mind 50+ minute games and waiting three months to make a Legendary in GW2. Unlike most people here, we actually _enjoy_ playing a game. Then why is it always casuals that exclusively troll, int, grief and afk? Seems more like they enjoy ruining the experience of others than playing.
> [{quoted}](name=oOBestEveNAOo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FkJOUKRZ,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-03-08T18:04:14.750+0000) > > Then why is it always casuals that exclusively troll, int, grief and afk? Seems more like they enjoy ruining the experience of others than playing. Have you ever considered the thought they might just be assholes? In my experience, it's usually the hardcore that troll because things don't go exactly their way. I mean, yes you get bad casuals yet it's more like they are trying to learn while the other side is going four hundred miles an hour. An example would be if I started playing a new survival sandbox game with someone who's clearly at endgame. I don't know anything, make mistakes, generally muck about because I don't know how to play while the endgame people see me as a nuisance and do nothing to help. I ask for help, get replied with "Just google it." I die, "pay attention." Basically video games are not fun for people, they are a time waster. I go by the belief that nobody really plays them anymore, it's pretty much read a guide, get to end game and that's it, skipping out on the experience part of the journey. If you don't follow a build guide, you're trolling. If you don't skip the cutscenes you're being a griefer, and if you accidentally fight a boss that's clearly over-leveled, you're an idiot. (I've done that last thing quite a bit, but in my defense sometimes it's sometimes not clear that centaur is 10 levels above you and you're used to 1 shotting things that are 2 levels above.) Not saying all casuals are bad, but lumping them into the special kids area hurts the rest of us who simply want to relax after a stressful day.
: God dammit. This sucks. Riot really needs to stop catering to casual players as they only want things that make the game worse.
> [{quoted}](name=oOBestEveNAOo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FkJOUKRZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-08T17:08:19.802+0000) > > God dammit. This sucks. Riot really needs to stop catering to casual players as they only want things that make the game worse. Stop blaming casuals for everything that goes wrong. We don't mind 50+ minute games and waiting three months to make a Legendary in GW2. Unlike most people here, we actually _enjoy_ playing a game.
: Am I the only one who doesn't mind positional ranking?
Kamille W (EUW)
: When you play support and take one CS from your ADC
All bets are off if you take that cannon.
SEKAI (OCE)
: There are other ways of carrying someone, such as https://orig00.deviantart.net/b7a8/f/2015/119/3/3/_sao__tender_enough___kiritoxasuna_one_shot__by_poke_lover88-d8riurd.jpg https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/268338039139424468/298E23369E6FBCE5A8AB5935473067DB84993990/ https://www.wikihow.com/images/thumb/9/97/Carry-a-Girl-Step-10.jpg/aid146288-v4-728px-Carry-a-Girl-Step-10.jpg https://static.zerochan.net/Attack.on.Titan.full.1505749.jpg https://i.redd.it/irq6um2dsr521.jpg And who says support has to be the one being carried? Support can carry too. https://data.whicdn.com/images/299503052/original.jpg
Janna seems to be having a problem there. Also, shhh, we don't want them to find out our carry potential.
: To those who never get chat restricted or suspended, how do you do it?
By not playing at all, mwahahaha Anyway, I either was passive aggressive or would just make one retaliatory comment then just stop there. Too busy trying to keep idiots alive to be losing brain cells and having a heart attack from the stress from arguing. Besides, it's not like it would fix anything when they're knocking on our base. Focus on something else, pretty much and forget them. Mute, move on, murder that 20/3 zed that's found your support Lux running through the jungle.
: https://i.redd.it/3wnacnvz6eqz.jpg Personally, this is how I approach support
Rioter Comments
: This is our shining moment! Our day of glory! Soon™ the entire boards will nothing but M&G! And on that day, we will have peace! https://66.media.tumblr.com/89bc2ffe8623b12dc99f1e6296d6a955/tumblr_pajpv27E4u1smw5dno1_1280.gif
https://image.myanimelist.net/ui/BQM6jEZ-UJLgGUuvrNkYUDxO-mdA4u7Db2bh2UwMt3yfUWivk7PGS7fDAtVycReAg0u0pqTjM75reoHABc0xrQ
Rioter Comments
: I fee like I’ve seen this anime. What’s its name?
: I have seen Laughing Fish Magickarp his way out of a wet paper bag. Good luck with your ambush
The ambush failed long ago, I'm just wasting ammo until I get a hit.
: The Boards are broken for me. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?
I had a rant post get eated, but that may have to do with Moderation approval. Also, my issues are unique since I use Pale Moon these days and it's clunky in a lot of areas. But hey, I like having multiple sections for all my tabs.
Show more

Risk of Fate

Level 106 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion