: Teamfight Tactics Beta Pass Update
The "reach round 20" missions made me feel so burned out from the game. It got to the point where I wasn't having fun and just playing it to complete those missions. Basically, it felt like a chore after a while. It was fun playing it a few times every day or two, but this is a case of "too much of a good thing." It also became more and more stale from the fact almost everyone does the same team comps: all assassins, wild + anything else, glacials + attack speed, and of course all the Spear of Shojin and Rageblade spam. Every match, the top 3 players will be doing these things, and it astounds me how wild got recently buffed and nothing was done about glacials and assassins. The RNG with item drops is still bad. TFT can't be a legitimate e-sport until this is fixed **properly**. I'm having a hard time wanting to play TFT anymore with the glaring problems still present.
: Psst, Riot: WE GET IT.
I've stopped caring for most of the lore for years now. It always seems like there's a change in the lore every few champ releases, like Lux and Ezreal with their alternating on and off relationship. A lot of the retconning was done poorly, and I _especially_ hate what they did to yordles. I'm not saying all the original lore was perfect or anything, but it was at least acceptable. I'd also appreciate the official confirmations on the things listed in the topic post, plus anything else. Champion ages (at least approximations) would be nice, too.
: If you're not willing to build vs the problem, don't complain about it.
Well, the complaints worked to get Malzahar nerfed into the ground after 6+ patches in a row immediately after his rework. People don't want to think. They want to be stubborn and stick to their copy and paste meta builds.
: League of Legends 2019 Comic Contest
Time for LilyPichu to win another comic contest with an entry that makes no sense.
Mithril (NA)
: > Protip: don't haphazardly try to gank anyone who is by their tower. Which is what Malzahar is always near given his lane clearing ability. > Don't take my word for it though, since I'm only mastery level 7 on him and had played him since season 1 You're not the only one, except you've only played since season 4. Where I have actually ranked records from season 1, whereas you don't have any till 4, lmfao. But since you want to throw your dick around and compare, you're some random gold player who has less games in normals than I have in ARAMs. I've been diamond in multiple seasons, but you, hardstuck-gold. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} > Silence is hardly "crowd control" especially since it does nothing to right-clickers, and I didn't ignore his ult. I clearly said "0 CC outside of ult." LOL. "right clickers" the fuck? You mean auto-attack based champs? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} > So he has exactly one real form of CC, which is single target, has a lengthy cooldown, and is hard-countered by one, inexpensive item that I mentioned in my previous post. Imagine not knowing that literally anyone with a kit based around cc is hard-countered by quicksilver's sash. You realize that right? It's like you're oblivious to the fact that, like most champions, there's a time and place for Malzahar, based on picks---uhh duh. But you being gold, probably blind pick your shit into whoever they choose, and cry when you get rekt in lane. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} > Friendly advice: do actually read people's posts before you comment on them. Protip: try not to be a dickwad to people when you **A**. have no idea what you're talking about. ** B. **are a gold shitter. **C.** base champion kits off literally nothing. **D.** don't understand basic lane mechanics. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Look out, we've got a Slipknot season ticket holder over here. Let me clear up some things: 1. It's true I never bothered with ranked until season 3 (I have Victorious Elise, which was obtainable in **season 3**). Whatever site you used to look up my data is apparently faulty, so you shouldn't rely on it. Anyway, I play games for fun. I'm not an insecure, soulless tryhard looking to prove myself to random nobodies. I prefer to play normals for that reason, but I played ranked to get the victorious skins and that's it, aside from playing with friends at times. The last couple seasons, I didn't have the time to get the skins, but I'm not upset about it since those ones aren't that great. Not a big deal. So no, I'm not a "hardstuck gold player" when I barely played ranked. It also doesn't invalidate my experience with Malzahar, but you'll continue to think it does because you're just that dense and fixated on my limited time in ranked; also ignoring the fact people tend to take normals just as serious as ranked. - 2. What I commented hardly qualifies as being a "dickwad," so I don't know what you're on about. You, on the other hand, should take another look at your own reply. You don't have a healthy mindset and you're a hypocrite on top of it. Your entire attack on me is based on misinformation, and it's funny you had to grasp at such straws to have any counter-argument at all. However, I do commend you for not denying your lack of reading comprehension. You didn't need to act like a toxic, little child about it, but it's something. This time though, if you insist on having another millennial fit, make sure to try to read my comment first. - 3. Are you trying to be the biggest e-girl on this forum? Relax a little on the emojis.
: UPVOTE FOR THE COUNCIL!!!!!!!
As they say: the weakest dogs bark the loudest.
Mithril (NA)
: Malzahar's passive makes him immune to CC and reduces dmg by 90%. Making him very difficult to gank/kill in lane. Most midlaner's don't have sustain, so I don't see why Malzahar would have it with his kit. Malzahar has 0 CC? His Q is a 1-2 second silence. No idea why you ignore his R, when it's apart of his kit.
His passive is not hard to pop and it has a long cooldown, plus he has very low movement speed and basic attack range. Hit him with a basic attack and go in for the kill. Protip: don't haphazardly try to gank _anyone_ who is by their tower. Don't take my word for it though, since I'm _only_ mastery level 7 on him and had played him since season 1. I was specifically comparing Malzahar to Jhin (if that wasn't already clear as crystal), who has easy access to sustain. Silence is hardly "crowd control" especially since it does nothing to right-clickers, and I didn't ignore his ult. I clearly said "0 CC **outside of ult**." So he has exactly one real form of CC, which is single target, has a lengthy cooldown, and is hard-countered by one, inexpensive item that I mentioned in my previous post. Friendly advice: do actually read people's posts before you comment on them.
: Jhin is weak to cc and bad at killing tanks. Just build some armor and lock him down and he’s useless
Same goes for Malzahar (and a lot of other champs). He has 0 mobility (Jhin has constant passive speed boosts), 0 CC outside of ult (Jhin has slows and a snare), and 0 sustain (Jhin can easily utilize lifesteal and spell vamp from Death's Dance). Buy QSS and you win the lane against Malzahar, and most likely the match. People who don't know the champs or how to play lose to Malzahar, or his team put in the extra effort to carry his overnerfed kit. Why should Jhin get the special treatment? Oh, because he's one of Riot's golden children? Rather obvious when you look at the whole picture. Look at the reason given for the buffs again. It's not because "he's been struggling in lane" or "his win rate has plummeted" or what have you. They did this same thing two patches ago when they buffed him out of the blue. It was a slight buff, sure, but still a buff with no real reason for it other than for Riot to show their love for their golden child.
: Patch 9.8 Notes
More golden child treatment for Jhin. I'm not even shocked by it. Since Malzahar's Q and W are so "lackluster" compared to his E and R, can we give those huge buffs, too?
Novio (NA)
: Where’s Necrit, the Lore Master of League? 🤔
Lore master? Bit of a stretch there.
: Patch 9.5 Notes
Can Malzahar get a completely random buff on his E, like Jhin did for his Q? _"Since it's such an integral part of his damage pattern."_ Oh, wait. Malzahar isn't one of Riot's golden children. What was I thinking? {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: There is so much healing in the game...the only item a mage can get for grievous wounds is MORELLO. It is a must buy when every adc builds a blade of the ruined king or mundo, darius, fiora heals so much..if you wanted to nerf the magic pen then nerf the magic pen DONT nerf the AP, that just makes no sense when an ad champ can buy an executioners for 800 or a tank can buy a bramble vest for 900. If you dont want mages to buy morello then give us a cheaper option for grievous wounds.
I'd rather have the 10 AP nerf than losing any magic pen. 10 AP is negligible for any AP champ that has ratios below 100%, and even for AP champs with 100% ratios or more, that still means less than a 10 damage nerf due to magic resistance. Magic pen, on the other hand, has much more of an impact for **any** AP champ. Either way, it's just more of Riot's bias hatred towards AP.
: Riot needs to stop kissing Yasuo's ass
**Jinx** has been in the same amount of (if not more) promotional content over the last 1-2 years. Jhin, Lucian, Darius and Riven to a degree, and a handful of others are also used frequently, while the remaining 100+ champs continue to be purposely ignored. You know what those listed have in common? You guessed it, **they're all AD.** For many years now, Riot has been favoring all things AD with great disregard to AP. In fact, anything "positive" they do with AP champs is out of sheer obligation. There is **a lot** of evidence to prove this and I could write up several paragraphs detailing everything, but I won't (I know you kids don't have the attention span for it). **_However_**, I'll briefly talk about the video they just released, "Awaken," since it serves as a prominent piece of evidence. If you happened to not notice, all the main action is between AD champs, and some of them had already been in cinematic videos before (go figure). The couple AP champs that eventually appear barely do anything. Kennen does a little lightning show that does really nothing to Sion (AP too OP!), and Karma shields Irelia and then is like, _"Okay, I'll just dance around now."_ That's literally all she does. Go back and watch the video if you don't believe me. In the near 3 and a half minute video, the total accumulated air time the AP champs had came out to **14 seconds.** https://i.ibb.co/LJhMwkb/Screenshot-5.png More like: _**Welcome to League of AD**_ **Edit:** Typical of this young community to gloss over the real truth due to ignorance. No counter-argument to try to prove me wrong. Just anonymous downvotes.
: Vayne's winratio skyrocketed to 54% in the span of one day.
She most likely won't even be nerfed for a good while because she isn't Malzahar.
SirHydro (NA)
: 29th Dailly Snowdown Mission Clarification.
It needs to say PvP on there, like for every other mission that requires playing PvP. Riot messed up.
: Patch 8.24 Notes
I don't understand the need for the huge Death's Dance buff. AD champs have more than enough sustain options as it is. How about giving AP champs meaningful sustain? They already don't have right-click power, except for a small handful of them. Feels terrible playing AP now.
: Are we seriously still doing nothing about that ARAM bug where emotes don't work? This has been going on for quite a while now and I'm seeing other people post about it a lot, but for some reason this hasn't even been acknowledged.
I would prefer a solution to the ARAM account problem over the emote bug.
Link18D (NA)
: Becasue Jinx is loved by many and is therefore a good money-maker. I can see why. If there's a way to make your goose lay more golden eggs, why not help it? But yeah, I get fatigued too. Funny well made character, but a little too much considering the 130+ characters there are.
> [{quoted}](name=Link18D,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=k8TA9yIY,comment-id=000d0002,timestamp=2018-11-01T13:35:44.760+0000) > > Becasue Jinx is loved by many and is therefore a good money-maker. I can see why. If there's a way to make your goose lay more golden eggs, why not help it? But yeah, I get fatigued too. Funny well made character, but a little too much considering the 130+ characters there are. I already understood why Riot uses her so much. It was the same thing when they went through their Miss Fortune phase right before Jinx. Just wanted to clarify. The fact we have around 140 champs now makes it even more depressing. More than half the roster never gets any time in the spotlight, not counting skin or rework login screens.
ArtiKam (NA)
: Hmm you're right actually I didn't even notice. It's actually usually all the same group of characters :I I want something Ivern :L
> [{quoted}](name=ArtiKam,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=k8TA9yIY,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2018-11-01T00:16:52.323+0000) > > Hmm you're right actually I didn't even notice. It's actually usually all the same group of characters :I I want something Ivern :L They show off their golden children (primarily ADCs) any chance they get. This includes Darius, Kayn, Galio, Blitzcrank and Thresh (the only two supports Riot likes), and a small handful of others. They heavily prefer to showcase AD champs over AP (they have right-click power for consistent e-sports action), but whenever they feel forced to include a mage in something, they typically turn to either Lux or Orianna. Riot's not going to do anything with Ivern because he doesn't provide the constant big plays like their precious golden children do. I know the feeling as a Malzahar main (pre-rework). Very interesting characters, but if they don't provide the e-sports big plays, gotta keep them obscure and taboo.
: I definitely don't have Jinx fatigue! I love her character, both in game and out of game. IMO if you want something not Jinx related, write something yourself <3
> [{quoted}](name=Corrupt Bliss,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=k8TA9yIY,comment-id=000d0001,timestamp=2018-11-01T08:17:28.980+0000) > > I definitely don&#x27;t have Jinx fatigue! I love her character, both in game and out of game. IMO if you want something not Jinx related, write something yourself &lt;3 I like her as a character, too. That's not the problem with me. It's just that Riot has been putting her in just about every promotional image and video they can, even when it's not appropriate. Perfect example is the recent KayPea animation Riot made. She's a mid-laner who mains mages, but Riot decided for the streamer spotlight video, she's a bot lane **Jinx** main, who also has large, framed pictures of **Jinx** and Blitzcrank on the wall in her room. The only thing that's actually about her in the video is the literal one second in the beginning where she's shown, except it's still only half-accurate because of the aforementioned wall pictures. Anything to show off more Jinx, I guess.
: The Umbra Society
Oh look, Jinx is in yet another thing. I know this wasn't made by Riot, but why does Jinx have to be in **_everything_** lately? Does no one else have Jinx fatigue?
Blyted (NA)
: The reluctance to revert reworks that have missed the mark really diminish this game
I would love to have {{champion:90}} reverted to get his damage, MS and attack range back. I played him just fine without the pseudo-Banshee's passive that people still to this day can't figure out it can be popped with a basic attack.
: SICK AND TIRED OF ZYRA BEING BUGGED AND BROKEN
> [{quoted}](name=Pawgalicious,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc17zKko,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-10-19T14:18:45.576+0000) > > If this were one of Riot&amp;#039;s fav champs like Lux, yasou, or MF the whole game would be brought down and patched within a day. Funny thing is this is true, albeit hyperbole. ADCs and nearly all other AD champions are heavily favored by Riot. They are the most able at providing constant action, even if only with right-clicking, unlike mages and most other AP champions. It's why you see AD champions (especially ADCs) so much in promotional images and videos. **It's all for the e-sports.** Cooldown-based gameplay is a no-no. They went through a Miss Fortune phase for a while, but now they're on Jinx. Just look at every piece of promotional material Riot has put out over the last six or so months and see how many things Jinx is in. They even featured a streamer recently who mains mid lane and mages (KayPea), but in the animated video they made for her, they show her playing... you guessed it, _Jinx!_ On top of that, on the wall in her "room" in the video, she has huge, framed pictures of Jinx and Blitzcrank, when in reality she doesn't. On the topic of Blitzcrank, him and Thresh are the **only** supports Riot is willing to show off. You can guess why. Like with Jinx, look at all the promotional material Riot has put out and you'll notice how often the two can be found. **True story:** Some years ago, Thresh had a bug with his E not working properly. When it was discovered, Riot collectively had a panic attack and had difficulty fixing it. Some time later, a random player figured out what was causing the bug and made a thread about it. Not long after, at least **three** different Rioters appeared in it to show their gratitude. I'm not joking. Lux is only a "favorite" when Riot absolutely needs to showcase a female mage (Ryze is the male mage of choice), but they avoid it when they can. The only reason they do anything with AP champions still is because of the tremendous community backlash that would ensue if they completely ignored or deleted them, not to mention skin sales. **Bottom line is Riot hates AP.** It's why AP items are terrible compared to all the plentiful and wonderful AD items. It's why they took away Will of the Ancients, claiming _"spell vamp is unhealthy for the game,"_ while releasing Death's Dance. It's why AD champions have access to so many sustain options. It's why they had no problem nerfing a champion like Malzahar literally a dozen patches in a row immediately after his rework, while taking their sweet time to touch one of their golden children ADCs when they desperately need nerfs (_"We're trying to find a way to shift power from one ability to another so they will still be a viable pick."_). It's why the tagline for the Precision rune tree (the ADC tree) reads: _"Become a legend."_ **They retconned an entire city-state to be against magic.** The evidence has been there for years, and slowly more and more people are waking up to it.
: Worlds Pick’em is Coming!
Oh, look. The poros are all AD champs plus Thresh (Riot's golden children), and there is the rehashed, generic "wizard" who doesn't represent any champ. Welcome to League of AD.
: Why does the login screen art keep resetting?
Riot wants to remind everyone that they should be playing their precious ADC's. Have you noticed 3 of the 5 champs are ADC's? Why have a mage (or true AP champ) featured in their action-packed e-sport? Their cooldown-based gameplay is too slow and boring. _Yuck!_ [Look at the artwork for Nexus Blitz](https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NmV2ZW5Kcg8/W3LcZwcTWSI/AAAAAAABFQs/9HZE5eMFDoEJrXCDW1rIWHxORxAB2SJ1gCLcBGAs/s1600/nb_final_1920.jpg) and tell me which champs you see. What's that, you say? The only two supports Riot cares for (Blitzcrank and Thresh), multiple ADC's (again), an **AD** juggernaut (Darius), a tank (specifically Galio because of the current Galio phase they're going through), and the only real AP champ (Teemo) being blown up in an undignified manner (_"this is what happens when you play an AP champ in our game."_). Of course Thresh isn't affected by the explosion because he needs to look cool enough to pick up and play. Nexus Blitz is all about fast-paced, non-stop action, right? So featuring a mage would be counter-productive to their agenda. [Remember this login screen?](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwWQYz5fWf0) They could have included **any** champs in that, but who did they go with? Why, their **golden children**, of course! The evidence has been around for years. Welcome to League of AD.
: Why does Duskblade get so much shit?
It's an AD item. AD itemization is godly compared to AP. Aside from a select few, Riot's golden children are, coincidentally, AD. That's why.
Joflin (NA)
: I know you all don't care because I'm going to talk about{{champion:142}}, but I feel something should be said. She's weaker now than when she was post 8.4 patch when she was gutted much to everyone's delight. Riot's "Balance Team" (are they really a balance team?) even said that the 8.4 nerf was too heavy and so would buff her in some other ways in later patches. Patch 8.5 hit her q even more by removing her passive from it, but she saw a buff in her w and some attack range because they wanted Zoe to stick around longer where she was within range of counter attack. She was in a good spot after that. q not op, e still good, but required creativity and skill to land it (unless playing against people who cant dodge), and w actually viable as a means to jump rope around enemies as they die. Assasins would still wreck Zoe, but she had more capability of getting out of tough spots if she could get her w. Team fights were good for her as well, since her burst damage wasn't as high, she could use her abilities and then while they were on cd, she could run in for the summoners and make some plays. Patch 8.13 decided her w was too op and nerfed some ap ratio and the movement speed duration. Patch 8.14 nerfed her w again by bringing the base damage down to levels lower than they ever were. 60 damage less at lvl 5. ap ratio knocked down a bit as well. Now, patch 8.16 where her w and passive both took big hits. w ap ratio brought back down to the level it was before they buffed it to compensate for her lack of power in her kit. AND her passive is taken down to levels lower than when they were before they buffed it to also compensate for Zoe's lack of power in her kit. Before her passive buff to compensate, 18th level base damage was 135 and ap ratio .25. After this patch, 18th level base damage 124 and ap ratio .2. Everything about Zoe is weaker now. Her w does 60 less damage before the big nerf. Its movement speed bonus is less than it was as well. Her passive is weaker than it was before the big nerf. What I'm saying is that everything they did to buff her after 8.4 has just been reverted. But not just reverted, but also made weaker than they ever were before. What changed in the balance team's minds to where Zoe after 8.4 went from being "This isn't an even swap: we expect Zoe to land on the weak side when 8.4 hits" (direct quote from dev notes on Zoe in 8.4) to "Screw this champ. Lets nerf the hell outta her so people who don't know how to play will stop complaining"? Does everyone just hate champs that aren't dark, brooding and edgy? I feel bad for this Nunu rework then cause everyone's gunna scream "nerf this champ! Not edgy enough for us! too op and I don't wanna learn how to play league!" Although, maybe then people would stop focusing Zoe and focus Nunu more. Hope that's the case, then Zoe may actually get some love she deserves from this toxic community. :){{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} I know I probs missed something, but ya'll cant disagree that Zoe is the weakest she has ever been at this point and the numbers are and will be even less promising than what the balance team predicted for her post 8.4. op.gg tells the tragic story of Zoe's life in league.
For what it's worth, I feel the same about Malzahar. Constant nerfs and driven to the point where he's irrelevant in any match. Buy Spirit Visage or the mid-tier item known as QSS to hard counter him, but no, that's too complicated for the average League player to comprehend. Good thing Riot has no problem nerfing any AP champion without hesitation. (Immediately after rework) **Riot:** _"What? People don't know how to play against a pseudo-Banchee's Shield that can be popped with a basic attack, even with **literally** all of Malzahar's damage nerfed with the rework? Goodness gracious! Better nerf him a dozen patches in a row until people stop picking him. Our player base shouldn't have to adapt to new things, and it's a mage with cooldown-based gameplay on top of it! Disgusting! We can't have this in our action-packed e-sport!"_ (Caitlyn and Twitch become too strong and are in "must-pick" status) **Riot, almost an entire season later:** _"We're going to take a look at them and see how we can distribute their power in their kits. We want to make sure they are still strong picks, so we're being very careful."_ I'm not making these events up. This trend has been evident for many years. This is why Zoe now is constantly being nerfed. Like with Malzahar, people don't want to buy a single MR item.
Noxxy (NA)
: Do you tell people that win sports tournaments and other contests that they should stop being good at what they do to give people that aren't skilled a chance? Nice sense of entitlement.
That's not what I said. At all. Let me try to make an already simple explanation simpler so you can understand. There are two women. One is beyond beautiful with a perfect figure, but sings average at best. The other is horrendously ugly and shaped like a barrel, but has the voice of an angel. They both enter a singing competition and perform before judges. The beautiful woman makes it to the next round, while the ugly woman is sent home. Tell me, do you find what transpired justified?
Noxxy (NA)
: Amazing how drawing good wins you a drawing contest. Shocking right?
They have had contests before where the goal was to be creative, funny, whatever with art talent not being a stated factor to win, yet the best drawn entries are **always** the winners, even if they weren't that creative or funny. In the trinket comic contest years ago, I distinctly remember LilyPichu had won despite her comic not making sense. However, it was drawn well enough and cutesy, so it didn't matter. I looked it up for you to see for yourself: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/6d/58/64/6d58641775b9925c8128ccff47f811b1--legends.jpg I didn't enter this memotion contest because I don't have any art talent and I know how Riot chooses their winners. Just because I didn't enter, doesn't mean I can't spot BS when I see it. According to Riot, I'm apparently not allowed to express my level of creativity or humor because I can't draw. It's basically a case of promoting outer beauty and shunning inner beauty. That's rather shallow.
: Check out the Champ Memotion Winners!
It turns out in order to win, your highest chance was to draw an angry face. That and have insane art talent, like for all their other contests.
Mazgruka (NA)
: Holy tin foil hat! Simmer down there Mr Conspiracy-theorist.
> [{quoted}](name=Mazgruka,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=e4PEB3NE,comment-id=002000020000,timestamp=2018-03-23T07:15:01.895+0000) > > Holy tin foil hat! Simmer down there Mr Conspiracy-theorist. I know you're trying to be accepted by your peers by making fun of someone else, but it's not a conspiracy theory, ma'am. The evidence is all there.
grarrrg (NA)
: Try to be a little less harsh. Maybe actually explain WHY it will never be on Early sales? Early Sales are for recently released skins to go on a "mini"sale before they would be eligible for normal sales. (depending on the $kin$ it can take well over a year for a normal sale). Skins that cost 1820 and up are not included in the normal sales. Super Galaxy Rumble is an older skin, and costs 1820, so it is long past any 'early sale', and will not be included in any normal sale.
> Try to be a little less harsh. Maybe actually explain WHY it will never be on Early sales? What? A teen be sensible on the internet? That's preposterous! Everyone knows you have to be an edgelord in front of your peers!
Bísmark (NA)
: so you change mage items, but dont buff the mages that got left behind. However, you change 1 ad item and buff every single ad assassin in game to "compensate". feelsbadman
Riot favors their AD golden children. It's been obvious for several seasons now. They provide the consistent action and plays with both hard-hitting basic attacks **plus** abilities, while AP champs for the most part only have abilities to rely on. They don't want cooldown-based gameplay to overshadow the constant action AD champs provide, but at the same time, they are obligated every now and then to show some love to AP champs to avoid mass community backlash. There is still money to obtain from it, as well. Why do you think the Precision rune tree, made specifically for marksmen/AD champs, has the tagline: "Become a **legend**"? Also look at the environment the large rune rests at, then look at the Sorcery rune's environment. Riot doesn't give a hoot about anything AP. They truly don't. The evidence is all there. It doesn't fit in with their vision of how they want their game to fit into the e-sports scene (which is all they are focused on), but again, they are restricted through obligation from taking AP out of the game, despite how much they would like to.
Lakrosin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rivini,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEAjatKz,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-02-21T02:50:57.577+0000) > > Malzahar was nerfed a dozen patches in a row right after his rework for less. It's true tho. lul Now he sits at like 47% winrate.
> [{quoted}](name=Lakrosin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEAjatKz,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2018-02-21T18:59:35.332+0000) > > It&#x27;s true tho. lul > > Now he sits at like 47% winrate. It actually is true, but this community is too young and doesn't know better, hence the downvotes.
Kr1sys (NA)
: Because they make money of ARAM-only accounts that buy skins. They don't want to remove that free money.
> [{quoted}](name=Kr1sys,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HFEOFHfj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-20T14:21:03.553+0000) > > Because they make money of ARAM-only accounts that buy skins. They don&#x27;t want to remove that free money. No one is spending money to buy skins for their ARAM accounts. Don't be ridiculous.
: "Kai'sa survived in the void with only her instincts"
She apparently also didn't need to eat anything to survive. What would be in the Void that a human could safely consume?
Rexxiee (NA)
: Sion just hit over 10% pick rate with 56% win rate
> [{quoted}](name=Rexxiee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEAjatKz,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-02-20T21:24:46.329+0000) > > So when is he getting hotfixed? > > Singed was hotfixed for less. Malzahar was nerfed a dozen patches in a row right after his rework for less.
: Vi gay confirmed? yay{{champion:254}}
I can see her being bisexual.
kile147 (NA)
: I mean no matter how far behind she is her ult can still offer an AoE 1.75 sec stun, which is half the duration of Malz ult, but can also impact multiple targets. As far as damage goes Malz will pretty much always deal more single target damage with his ult, but he does so over 2.5 seconds instead of instantaneously and he does it single target instead of AoE. If Annie hits more than one target her initial burst from her ult will deal more damage overall in less time, even if she has significantly less AP since her ult has fairly respectable base damage. This isn't even counting the damage that tibbers can do once he is already out. That all being said, Annie isn't really relevant here so idk why this guy is bringing salt to a meme thread.
> [{quoted}](name=kile147,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=8zOO0P8n,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-02-02T14:19:24.758+0000) > That all being said, Annie isn&#x27;t really relevant here so idk why this guy is bringing salt to a meme thread. Firstly, it's not salt. It's called bringing up a point. Secondly, "much like other champs" clearly indicates it's not only Annie. Reading comprehension.
: Except Annie's ult doesn't deal that much damage and provide utility no matter how behind she is...
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=8zOO0P8n,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-02-02T10:20:03.690+0000) > > Except Annie&#x27;s ult doesn&#x27;t deal that much damage and provide utility no matter how behind she is... Yes it does, actually. Why do you think people often play her as an off-tank? Have you ever seen people do the same with Malzahar? Instant AoE stun + spammable spells + huge controllable pet with a Sunfire Cape = considerable team fight contribution. The best Malzahar can do is lock down 1 single target every minute or so, but if they have QSS, _oh well!_ Go ahead and downvote me, children. I know the truth hurts, so get back at me by clicking that down arrow. That will certainly prove the facts wrong! Love this new community.
: I couldn't find a title, but it's funny enough.
Meanwhile, Annie can stun and kill multiple enemies in a one-second burst combo, much like other champs, **plus** have a continued threat afterwards. But yeah, let's focus on countering Malzahar for whatever reason.
: so lemme just get this straight Ezreal sitting at #1 in ADC with 57% win rate and third-highest role pick rate, banned in >80% of games Q Total AD ratio goes from 125% to 110%, which is literally just a buff revert Kleptomancy, his standard rune, no longer has 25 bonus attack range — which wasn't even how he was activating it 90% of the time Leona sitting at #1 in support with a 55% win rate and second-highest role pick rate, banned in >35% of games 20 damage off Eclipse Aftershock, her standard rune, untouched Miss Fortune sitting at #2 in ADC with 55% win rate and sixth-place pick rate, banned in ~15% of games literally nothing Sona back down to 8th in support with a 52% win rate and ninth-place pick rate, now only banned in 2% of games rank 1 Q mana cost increased by a third, on-hit damage from empowered basic attack halved, AP ratio increased from 10% to 20% but that means you need >300 AP for it to compensate Aery, one of her two standard runes, nerfed last patch Kleptomancy lost the aforementioned 25 bonus attack range, which, unlike Ezreal, actually matters for Sona {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
You're surprised that they are hesitant in meaningfully nerfing their precious golden children (marksmen) and play-making supports? Precision rune tree (made for marksmen) - "Become a legend." Welcome to League of **Legend**s.
Baka Red (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rivini,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p22kfsqN,comment-id=000a00010001,timestamp=2017-12-01T04:35:52.504+0000) > > Do you not understand the point of ARAM? I do. Like in pretty much all games, the point is to have fun. Do you disagree? > Explain. > I&#x27;ve seen others bring this up before without valid evidence to back up their claims, so go ahead and humor me. Some people buy champions with RL currency. Some of them play only ARAM. If they get all the champions for free, there is no reason for them to spend any currency at all. Thus Riot loses income. > That&#x27;s sadly the fault of the community becoming too tryhard instead of aiming for a fun time. Way back when ARAM was only available in customs (before it got its matchmaking queue), the game wasn&#x27;t in full LCS swing yet. People were playing League for the fun. > We played with whomever we got in ARAM. We didn&#x27;t dodge, at least not nearly as much as now, and ARAM accounts weren&#x27;t a thing. Ever since achieving victories became the only reason to play, well... But you still dodged. The change would increase dodging and thus there would be less fun to be had. > Riot could always be more strict against dodgers so it happens much less frequently, like giving a 30 minute penalty on the first dodge instead of whatever low number it is now. If people could just play the mode how it was meant to be played, then this wouldn&#x27;t be an issue. However, the community has just gotten worse over the years. The 30 minute or even eight hours of punishment doesn't really matter. Most of the dodging seems to happen in evening when people have have time for just one more ARAM before bed - if they don't get the champion, they go to sleep and the punishment time is spent while they sleep. Well, it would reduce some dodging, I admit that. With the current 15 minute timer for the first dodge some people can dodge once and get to play a game that evening soon afterwards.
> [{quoted}](name=Baka Red,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p22kfsqN,comment-id=000a000100010000,timestamp=2017-12-01T10:04:42.720+0000) > > I do. Like in pretty much all games, the point is to have fun. Do you disagree? So you're insinuating that only the most broken champions for the mode should be available and not the whole roster, since that's the "fun" you're after, right? What fun is it to have everyone playing long-range poke and sustain champions? No engagements ever, no one dies, and the matches drag on forever. Trust me, it's not fun. Ever played One for All on HA? When people voted for long-range poke champions like Nidalee, it was freaking boring. When melee champions got the majority vote, the matches were way more fun and enjoyable. My vote for (old) Poppy one time got selected and everyone in the match had fun. There were actual engagements. Actual team fights! > Some people buy champions with RL currency. Some of them play only ARAM. If they get all the champions for free, there is no reason for them to spend any currency at all. Thus Riot loses income. I've heard this one before and it was debunked. In short, **no one buys RP on ARAM accounts** unless if maybe they're rich or impatient. Even people who literally only play ARAM use BE (previously IP) to unlock champions, anyway. Especially more so now with the new leveling system in place. Also, having the whole roster available only in ARAM is not a reason to never want to unlock champions with RP/BE, except if ARAM is literally the only mode you play, obviously. With 130+ now, it's not likely you would get the champion(s) you want to try, and even in the event you did get the one you wanted, like say Zoe, and ARAM is **not** the only mode you play, the Howling Abyss is not a real map to get real experience with a new champion on. Basically grasping at straws to justify cheating the system. > But you still dodged. The change would increase dodging and thus there would be less fun to be had. The true fans of ARAM would stick around, while the cheaters (the prime dodgers) would move on. I'm more than fine with that to attain higher quality matches. > The 30 minute or even eight hours of punishment doesn&#x27;t really matter. Most of the dodging seems to happen in evening when people have have time for just one more ARAM before bed - if they don&#x27;t get the champion, they go to sleep and the punishment time is spent while they sleep. Well, it would reduce some dodging, I admit that. With the current 15 minute timer for the first dodge some people can dodge once and get to play a game that evening soon afterwards. It's their own fault for not accepting the rules and boundaries of the mode. When you click to enter the queue for a match, you agree to play with the random champion you're assigned or rerolled into, however some people just can't stay true to their agreements. They're not genuine.
: Honestly Riot should really just make a post with regarding the current status of the lore again re explaining the whole ret con situations. It's been three bloody years, countless lore update and people are still running around like headless chickens who seem to still have no clue on what's going on. It's infuriating to have to explains this every week to new set of people. Hell the only reason why i don't question the stupidity of humanity is because I have an interest in politics and have learned that people are just stupid by default. So let's me put this in capitalized bold lettering so people can understand. **EVERY LORE/STORY PRIOR THE BURNING EVENTS ARE OUTDATED AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. SO IF YOUR CHAMPION HAS YET RECEIVED A UPDATED THEY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE** Champion that are potentially subject to changes as of right now: {{champion:266}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:12}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:2}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:143}} **AS YOU CAN SEE WE STILL HAVE A LOT OF OUT DATED CHAMPION THAT NEED BRING INTO THE NEW LORE. THE REASON WHY WE DON'T SEE CONTINUATION OF STORY LINE AS OF LATE MORE FREQUENTLY IS BECAUSE RIOT STILL NEED TO FIX 64 CHAMPIONS BACKSTORY TO FIT INTO THE NEW LORE. THEY WILL CONTINUE WITH THEIR CURRENT STORYLINE ONCE THIS TASK IS FINISH **
> [{quoted}](name=Beyond Legends,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TppsMLsU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-30T05:21:33.833+0000) > > **EVERY LORE/STORY PRIOR THE BURNING EVENTS ARE OUTDATED AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. SO IF YOUR CHAMPION HAS YET RECEIVED A UPDATED THEY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE** Technically, everyone's lore is **always** out of date because of how often things change. See: Lux and Ezreal
Rivini (NA)
: Sigh...
I guess people new to League didn't like what I had to say. That's a shame, but I can't blame them. They really love angrily pressing that downvote button in anonymity, though. I know no one who has been playing for several years saw this because **1.** they aren't around anymore or very rarely visit, and **2.** they would hands down agree and have shown it by now.
Baka Red (EUNE)
: Forcing everyone to play with full champion roster would have it's bad side too; From players point of view; there would be more dodging. From Riot point of view; there would be less income. More Dodging is something most of us don't wish any more of than we have already. Riot doesn't want the second. Bad champions are rerolled. Bad teams are dodged. Both of those are major factor in the 'non-random'-ARAM. Removing both would increase that R in ARAM experience. However, how many of us truly wish for the first? The second is impossible to achieve anyways. Also, removing the first would again increase dodging, which would reduce the R again and increase queue times. I am sorry to tell you, but there is no solution to achieve the "truly random" ARAM experience; dodging and the resulting non-randomness will exist for as long as we have ARAM.
> [{quoted}](name=Baka Red,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p22kfsqN,comment-id=000a0001,timestamp=2017-11-30T14:34:53.752+0000) > > Forcing everyone to play with full champion roster would have it&#x27;s bad side too Do you not understand the point of ARAM? > From players point of view; there would be more dodging. If the change was made to have all champs unlocked for everyone, the true fans of ARAM would stick around, while the cheesing, unskilled scumbags go back to Summoner's Rift. I don't see the downside as a true fan of ARAM. > From Riot point of view; there would be less income. Explain. I've seen others bring this up before without valid evidence to back up their claims, so go ahead and humor me. > Bad champions are rerolled. Bad teams are dodged. Both of those are major factor in the &#x27;non-random&#x27;-ARAM. Removing both would increase that R in ARAM experience. However, how many of us truly wish for the first? The second is impossible to achieve anyways. Also, removing the first would again increase dodging, which would reduce the R again and increase queue times. I am sorry to tell you, but there is no solution to achieve the &quot;truly random&quot; ARAM experience; dodging and the resulting non-randomness will exist for as long as we have ARAM. That's sadly the fault of the community becoming too tryhard instead of aiming for a fun time. Way back when ARAM was only available in customs (before it got its matchmaking queue), the game wasn't in full LCS swing yet. People were playing League for the fun. We played with whomever we got in ARAM. We didn't dodge, at least not nearly as much as now, and ARAM accounts weren't a thing. Ever since achieving victories became the only reason to play, well... Riot could always be more strict against dodgers so it happens much less frequently, like giving a 30 minute penalty on the first dodge instead of whatever low number it is now. If people could just play the mode how it was meant to be played, then this wouldn't be an issue. However, the community has just gotten worse over the years.
Rioter Comments
dominusx (EUNE)
: Make aram truly random.
If you want ARAM to be truly random, all champions need to be available for everyone for the mode. ARAM accounts are why the mode is a joke.
: There are no proper runes for Mages
You want more evidence of Riot's favoritism towards AD champs? Prepare yourselves. I'm about to blow your minds. **Look at the background rune images in the client and examine them.** What do the Precision and Domination (primarily AD focused trees) rune images depict? The Precision rune is basically **worshiped** as a monument in a prominent city by the looks of it on a decorated alter. To point out, the subtext for the Precision tree is "**become a legend**." The Domination rune is similar, except in contrast to Precision, its dark surroundings suggest it's actively praised by those who are evil, wicked and bloodthirsty. **Now look at the other runes.** What theme do you see depicted in their backgrounds which they share? **The Sorcery, Resolve and Inspiration runes are all way out in the middle of freaking nowhere!** Randomly located in whatever mountains ranges those are. No signs of civilization anywhere near them. _Why?_ **Because no one in Runeterra should give a hoot about them, as decreed by Riot.** They are to be disregarded and shunned. If you're not AD and (preferably) a fast, agile right-clicker, you have no place in making history. You are forbidden from becoming a **legend** as a magic damage spell-caster. If you seek out any of those three runes, remain at their locations as exiles. The same as the very runes themselves. Something worth mentioning though, since I'm sure someone would bring it up otherwise, is the desecrated alter (or whatever you want to call it) in the Sorcery image that can be easily overlooked. Key word: **desecrated**. It looks ancient, certainly. Who knows how old it is and perhaps the rune _was_ praised in the past, but based on its current environment, the last anyone cared about it had to be **centuries** ago, minimum. In a way, the rune (representing mages and AP in general) serves as a visual metaphor of what has become of League of **Legends**, ever since succumbing to the corruption caused by e-sports. Once loved and embraced, long since abandoned for the impulsive aims of appeasing to the new, short attention spanned generation who desire low effort, high reward, no cooldown action.
Idols (OCE)
: They’re designed to be the primary damage dealers in the game and can get one-shot by tanks anyway (Warwick, Cho’gath etc) so it’s not like they’re unstoppable or the class is unfair
> [{quoted}](name=Idols,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fmclQPkM,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2017-11-12T04:02:50.376+0000) > > They’re designed to be the primary damage dealers in the game and can get one-shot by tanks anyway (Warwick, Cho’gath etc) so it’s not like they’re unstoppable or the class is unfair {{item:3812}} {{item:3156}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3072}} {{item:3814}} Any {{item:1053}} item. They were originally designed to be squishy DPS who are easily killed, but really, you still think that's all true? The only thing they lack is a solid armor item, unless you consider edge cases like Ezreal with Iceborn Gauntlet. > so it’s not like they’re unstoppable or the class is unfair When you have a class that has stronger and more consistent burst damage than the mage class, heals from said burst, has more mobility, has no need to manage mana or cooldowns to output burst DPS, items carried by others that are made to enhance AD carries, and has vastly superior itemization, _maaaybe_ it's a little unfair. That's all only referring to their right-clicking, mind you. Of course they also all have powerful abilities because why not? As Riot's golden children, they need as much as they can get so they never drop out of the meta.
Show more

Rivini

Level 114 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion