: Share All Your Matchmaking Experiences (2017)
I'm tired of Riot intentionally ignoring its matchmaking issues. Let's get this some attention once and for all! Share your matchmaking experiences here! Good or bad.
Eleana (NA)
: Just because someone doesn't play the game well doesn't mean they are trolling and there is nothing in that screenshot and signifies Yi was trolling. MMR is your skill level, basically.
> [{quoted}](name=Eleana,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KUWTwWR3,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-08-26T16:19:03.471+0000) > > Just because someone doesn't play the game well doesn't mean they are trolling and there is nothing in that screenshot and signifies Yi was trolling. MMR is your skill level, basically. How can you confirm that this Master Yi was trying to win? He did 266,332 total damage, but only did 1,494 to towers. Now, that the stats don't show is him ignoring pings. He could easily destroy towers AS MASTER YI. He was intentionally choosing not to.
: To put things simply, stopping playing was the best thing I did for my League experience. I can look back on it now and say it was cool while it was lasted. I don't have to play FOTM anymore or deal with them. I play heroes now. It's balanced. There's counterplay. There's teamwork. It doesn't spend the entire game punishing you for a minor mistake you made at level one. I've never spotted a scripter. The game is stable, it's never crashed on me, one hero has been disabled, once, ever. I get to play who I want when I want without fighting over rolls. There's unlockable content beyond champions that cost ungodly amounts of IP, which you needed to spend on rune pages anyways. The variety in maps on top of variety in heroes means there's way more variety overall, every game feels new. League was fun while it lasted. But I'm not willing to play it again without major changes. It's not _fun_. Nor is ranked with the stress.
> [{quoted}](name=Tyrannus0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dMx66hA4,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-08-25T10:02:12.370+0000) > > To put things simply, stopping playing was the best thing I did for my League experience. I can look back on it now and say it was cool while it was lasted. I don't have to play FOTM anymore or deal with them. > > I play heroes now. It's balanced. There's counterplay. There's teamwork. It doesn't spend the entire game punishing you for a minor mistake you made at level one. I've never spotted a scripter. The game is stable, it's never crashed on me, one hero has been disabled, once, ever. I get to play who I want when I want without fighting over rolls. There's unlockable content beyond champions that cost ungodly amounts of IP, which you needed to spend on rune pages anyways. The variety in maps on top of variety in heroes means there's way more variety overall, every game feels new. > > League was fun while it lasted. But I'm not willing to play it again without major changes. It's not _fun_. Nor is ranked with the stress. I tried HotS, but I was having issues running the game on my computer. It lagged a lot. A may try it again. I need a break from League and this game doesn't seem to be improving at all. How is Ranked in HotS?
: Nice post. The matchmaking is really strange in LoL. Your first two links shed a lot of light onto why it is this way, but I also think there is even more to it than that. Riot fucks with matchmaking in weird ways that they do not disclose, such as flagging new accounts that do well with a sort of smurf flag and giving them different matchmaking than others. If you read posts and such from Riot employees over the years bits and bobs like that trickle out that paint the picture of a system with little "tweaks" that are not officially disclosed to the users. Based on Riot's "success" with other game design tasks, such as releasing balanced champions, it would not be at all surprising if their little tweaks to matchmaking cause problems more than solving them. That seems to be the case, as the matchmaking in this game FEELS BAD. Many huge fuckups that Riot does, such as dynamic queue (which Riot actively lied about, remember, and produced many graphs of "hard data" to prove it is "working great for 99% of players") -- many of these huge fuckups only ever get fixed after enormous outcry from the player base. Since the tweaks and weird fuck arounds Riot does with matchmaking (such as what is demonstrated in the second link op posted) are not disclosed, it is hard for players to have an outcry about it. Also many players who have reached a "high" rank, whatever the definition of that is to the individual player, are extremely emotionally invested in their rank so they will refuse to even contemplate that anything could be broken with the system unless it is directly hurting them personally. New players lose many matches and their mmr gets trashed, then matchmaking inertia kicks in and it is extremely difficult for them to climb to a different level that more accurately reflects their hard earned skill; this makes it so the lower tiers are a clusterfuck of disparate skill levels which is not fun in a game where you are continuously graded upon how well your TEAM performs. As the lol booster site linked above indicates, it can take a long time to boost accounts that are on a loss streak or have mmr in the dumpster -- this is true even for professional boosters who are not only top players but afaik almost always use scripts. We have all played in online games where matchmaking was just random, whoever logged into the queue got put into the teams at random and everyone played. The weird thing is that the LoL matchmaking manages to feel much worse than that. The most satisfying matchmaking I have played with in LoL was in Devil Teemo special game mode where teams were made randomly, and sometimes you got a team of fuckwits, sometimes you got some diamond players in your team, but it felt like you got a fair roll of the dice and everyone played and had fun. The general matchmaking in LoL doesn't feel like a fair roll of the dice, there are long streaks where you get fuckwit dominant teams over and over again while facing non-fuckwit dominant teams. Playing Devil Teemo I played more than 100 matches and I never got a streak of a particular type of players like that, but in normal LoL matchmaking this happens regularly. **We almost all have experience in games with simple random matchmaking and Riot's matchmaking feels clearly WORSE than random.** Another part of the matchmaking problem is Riot's misuse of the ELO system (which was designed for chess, a single player game in which luck is virtually absent as a factor). Especially destructive is the fact that they put new accounts into the middle of the mmr stack instead of starting them at the bottom, which creates chaos in all mmrs from silver down.
> [{quoted}](name=HarveyRabbit,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dMx66hA4,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-08-25T08:13:55.051+0000) > > Nice post. The matchmaking is really strange in LoL. Your first two links shed a lot of light onto why it is this way, but I also think there is even more to it than that. Riot fucks with matchmaking in weird ways that they do not disclose, such as flagging new accounts that do well with a sort of smurf flag and giving them different matchmaking than others. If you read posts and such from Riot employees over the years bits and bobs like that trickle out that paint the picture of a system with little "tweaks" that are not officially disclosed to the users. Based on Riot's "success" with other game design tasks, such as releasing balanced champions, it would not be at all surprising if their little tweaks to matchmaking cause problems more than solving them. That seems to be the case, as the matchmaking in this game FEELS BAD. > > Many huge fuckups that Riot does, such as dynamic queue (which Riot actively lied about, remember, and produced many graphs of "hard data" to prove it is "working great for 99% of players") -- many of these huge fuckups only ever get fixed after enormous outcry from the player base. Since the tweaks and weird fuck arounds Riot does with matchmaking (such as what is demonstrated in the second link op posted) are not disclosed, it is hard for players to have an outcry about it. Also many players who have reached a "high" rank, whatever the definition of that is to the individual player, are extremely emotionally invested in their rank so they will refuse to even contemplate that anything could be broken with the system unless it is directly hurting them personally. > > New players lose many matches and their mmr gets trashed, then matchmaking inertia kicks in and it is extremely difficult for them to climb to a different level that more accurately reflects their hard earned skill; this makes it so the lower tiers are a clusterfuck of disparate skill levels which is not fun in a game where you are continuously graded upon how well your TEAM performs. As the lol booster site linked above indicates, it can take a long time to boost accounts that are on a loss streak or have mmr in the dumpster -- this is true even for professional boosters who are not only top players but afaik almost always use scripts. > > We have all played in online games where matchmaking was just random, whoever logged into the queue got put into the teams at random and everyone played. The weird thing is that the LoL matchmaking manages to feel much worse than that. The most satisfying matchmaking I have played with in LoL was in Devil Teemo special game mode where teams were made randomly, and sometimes you got a team of fuckwits, sometimes you got some diamond players in your team, but it felt like you got a fair roll of the dice and everyone played and had fun. The general matchmaking in LoL doesn't feel like a fair roll of the dice, there are long streaks where you get fuckwit dominant teams over and over again while facing non-fuckwit dominant teams. Playing Devil Teemo I played more than 100 matches and I never got a streak of a particular type of players like that, but in normal LoL matchmaking this happens regularly. > > **We almost all have experience in games with simple random matchmaking and Riot's matchmaking feels clearly WORSE than random.** > > Another part of the matchmaking problem is Riot's misuse of the ELO system (which was designed for chess, a single player game in which luck is virtually absent as a factor). Especially destructive is the fact that they put new accounts into the middle of the mmr stack instead of starting them at the bottom, which creates chaos in all mmrs from silver down. I appreciate your response. You touched accurately on how I feel the system is. Riot employees continue to ignore the matchmaking, lacks transparency about the system, and overall lies about its flaws. If you do a search for matchmaking, you will see that Riot employees rarely comment on those types of posts. In fact, employee posts seem few and fair between, despite Player Support suggesting that players post here.
: is THIS bannable? Ranked Solo Queue
Any update on this situation? How did Player Support respond?
: Why Are There So Many Trolls?
I also consider it trolling if players are chasing kills like its Cuty of Duty and never destroying a tower. It's troll if your lane is empty, wave about to hit enemy tower, and you back with health, mana, and don't even try to hit the tower while players are dead. Unfortunately, the "player audit" sees this a bad game and continues to let the MMR be useless in identifying helpful players. http://imgur.com/a/3IT5q
: Harsher Punishments for Ranked Trolls - Not Damaging Towers
The Master Yi got a quadra kill, but only destroyed one tower all game. Look at how much damage he did. There's no excuse for this.
Rioter Comments
Nea104 (EUW)
: "Stomp or get stomped" game. Good job Riot. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/ioid7uFP-league-has-become-bad-for-you https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/RH9YpWH4-your-ranked-matchmaking-system-is-absolute-mess https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/dzry0cwO-when-will-riot-realize-that-having-short-games-is-not-fun Special bonus, random loss streak (after probably a positive one in the past weeks) because forced 50% win-loss ratio system (even better job, Riot). https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/cZZoE9U5-20-games-2-wins-surely-bad-player-surely-absurd-matchmaking https://imgur.com/a/QLrbb#DzETnCm
> [{quoted}](name=Nea104,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dMx66hA4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-08-20T13:47:00.848+0000) > > "Stomp or get stomped" game. Good job Riot. > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/ioid7uFP-league-has-become-bad-for-you > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/RH9YpWH4-your-ranked-matchmaking-system-is-absolute-mess > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/dzry0cwO-when-will-riot-realize-that-having-short-games-is-not-fun > > > Special bonus, random loss streak (after probably a positive one in the past weeks) because forced 50% win-loss ratio system (even better job, Riot). > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/cZZoE9U5-20-games-2-wins-surely-bad-player-surely-absurd-matchmaking > https://imgur.com/a/QLrbb#DzETnCm Thanks! I'll read these and add a few to the list.
Dragvio (NA)
: Oh i got this give me a second http://imgur.com/a/2ywXT alright so i came out of my provisional to ranked 7-3 alright cool im doing good right? I get out i play i go on a huge lose streak and im like 11-8. Why am i getting people like this on my team? he is clearly boosted it showed he WAS gold but look at his match history, this is silver and i get paired with a losing teammate how wonderful. Every lost was someone doing god awful or someone whining like kids yelling at each other, and people don't listen even if i try to be not "toxic" you know like my honor shows. Anyways thats my rant, im done with ranked already after seeing this shit i feel like riots matchmaking pairs with you bads on purpose to make the teams even with you being the only good player on the team, which is stupid even a good player can lose, unless everyone huddles on me and protects me i can't win
> [{quoted}](name=Dragvio,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dMx66hA4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-08-19T20:26:41.442+0000) > > Oh i got this give me a second > http://imgur.com/a/2ywXT > > alright so i came out of my provisional to ranked 7-3 alright cool im doing good right? > I get out i play i go on a huge lose streak and im like 11-8. > > Why am i getting people like this on my team? he is clearly boosted it showed he WAS gold but look at his match history, this is silver and i get paired with a losing teammate how wonderful. > > Every lost was someone doing god awful or someone whining like kids yelling at each other, and people don't listen even if i try to be not "toxic" you know like my honor shows. > > Anyways thats my rant, im done with ranked already after seeing this shit > > i feel like riots matchmaking pairs with you bads on purpose to make the teams even with you being the only good player on the team, which is stupid even a good player can lose, unless everyone huddles on me and protects me i can't win I've been trying to use some of the tips from the boosters. I have less stress about losing games, but it's frustrating knowing when you're going to get a bad team or challenging game (Blue Side).
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=RoddyMcFly,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9ly29mAP,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-08-19T02:35:28.639+0000) > > Are ward skins free? you're avoiding the question.
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9ly29mAP,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-19T02:48:19.920+0000) > > you're avoiding the question. You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Skin wards are not free. They add nothing to the game besides aesthetics. They were money grabs to complement the existing skin money grab.
Rioter Comments
Jamaree (NA)
: How does one get ripped off when not paying for something?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9ly29mAP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-08-19T02:15:48.454+0000) > > How does one get ripped off when not paying for something? Are ward skins free?
: > [{quoted}](name=RoddyMcFly,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9ly29mAP,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-08-19T01:57:07.800+0000) > > Worst money grab ever. But you didnt use money, Did you?
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9ly29mAP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-08-19T01:58:31.213+0000) > > But you didnt use money, Did you? Are ward skins free?
Rioter Comments
Navarune (NA)
: You understand that if you are still zoned off the wave, and your opponent has some understanding of lane mechanics, you'll be punished even harder under this circumstance than under the current situation? If I zone you off, I'm not just gonna push the wave into you so you can then farm it up under your tower. I'm gonna freeze it as much as I can so you are denied as many last hits as possible. So now not only am I ahead of you in gold but also in experience.
> [{quoted}](name=Navarune,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JKwvymW9,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-09-07T21:44:38.878+0000) > > You understand that if you are still zoned off the wave, and your opponent has some understanding of lane mechanics, you'll be punished even harder under this circumstance than under the current situation? If I zone you off, I'm not just gonna push the wave into you so you can then farm it up under your tower. I'm gonna freeze it as much as I can so you are denied as many last hits as possible. So now not only am I ahead of you in gold but also in experience. This is not always true. I have been up 30-45 cs in lane recently and still was behind in XP. That's an issue when my lane opponent has no kills or assists.
: Is it just me or are Mega Orbs a letdown?
I'm surprised that people don't just see all of these events as a money grab anyways. Riot created the loot system with better rewards in the beginning and slowly reduced the frequency. It's obvious to anyone who isn't a new player. There are tons of unboxing crate videos on YouTube that show the lack of skin diversity.
Nea104 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=zaqat,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u7UbUqit,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-08-14T13:09:11.727+0000) your matchmaking system is trash, yesterday i won a game against 2 unranked players, they were trash, i don't care if they were in my team or the enemy team, because I know one thing, your stupid matchmaking system is unfair to everybody, every game is one sided Yes. Their system is a total shame: it's **intentionally unbalanced** in order to easily get an average 50% win-loss no matters what. What's worse, they deny the evidence. They won't fix it, because most people don't even notice that, being confident that winning 50-15 is skill, and losing 15-50 is just due to some game mistakes.
> [{quoted}](name=Nea104,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u7UbUqit,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-08-14T16:43:32.088+0000) > > your matchmaking system is trash, yesterday i won a game against 2 unranked players, they were trash, i don't care if they were in my team or the enemy team, because I know one thing, your stupid matchmaking system is unfair to everybody, every game is one sided > > Yes. > Their system is a total shame: it's **intentionally unbalanced** in order to easily get an average 50% win-loss no matters what. > What's worse, they deny the evidence. They won't fix it, because most people don't even notice that, being confident that winning 50-15 is skill, and losing 15-50 is just due to some game mistakes.
: 14 day ban because playing Nunu Support with Smite is "stealing other people's roles"...?
I hope this post continues to receive traction and Riot is forced to be more transparent about their game and how it works. I continuously have games with players who ignore Dragon, Baron, and Tower pings than players with off-meta picks who are trying to win. Players who don't focus objectives are players who make the game unfun. Players who feed and die without getting an objective are reasons why game times are so long and players are focus to endure any prolonged negativity. Regardless of meta, Nunu is a team reliant champion. Even if the Nunu was only played in the Jungle, your success relies greatly on your teams winning lane. To say that a single player has to communicate more and that will lead to games that are more "fun" is contradictory. Riot says that you should mute players in-games that aren't being sportsmanlike, yet tell you that you should try to work with your team. If the Nunu is clearly trying to win, then the players should work with him and learn to "get carried," as some players would say. I can relate to this player a lot. The automatic 14-day bans are excessive. The fact that Riot refuses to reverse them or any permabans makes for easy money grabs. Imaging invest years into a game, paying $100s of dollars, and then having your account banned and no longer access to any of it with no explanation, appeal, or veto. That's worst than debt or bankruptcy. That's thief. Without spectating the game, I don't see how Riot can ensure that every player is actively trying to win. With the current flaws in their matchmaking and Ranking system, how can they ever insure that their is fairness and integrity within their game and company as a whole.
: Sorry; you don't get to personally decide who needs to be named and shamed . Your post is going to get deleted lol.
: 1. You're naming and shaming, which isn't allowed on the boards. 2. That Anivia doesn't look like she was trolling, other than having smite. In fact; her and Vayne carried you.
They made a reddit post admitting in their own words that they made the account just to troll ranked games. This player needs to be named and shamed, along with others like him.
Rioter Comments
verysalt (EUW)
: That happens when there is discrepancy in champions experiences. Assuming one team has lvl 0s champs vs team of lvl 5-7 champs. Naturally, those who have more experience with their champs they will decimate scrubs. That's why I say, that ranked shouldn't be allowed to play with lvl 0 champs. Dudes should get at least some experience before going ranked rather than testing their new fancy skins in ranked.
I've seen Level 5-7 players do horrible. It says nothing about champ consistency.
Chermorg (NA)
: 0/9? Not immediately a troll or intentional feeder.
You're right. Let's just assume they never played a game before Level 30.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
HAVENFELL (EUNE)
: Why the LoL Ranked System is a Failure
This was worded nicely. I've said the same in numerous ways and doubt @Riot will address it or do anything to improve the system, but great attempt. I've been trying the last 2 years.
zPOOPz (NA)
: well, your use of word ("playing poorly") kinda answered your question why s/he is not punished. Unless said player purposely dying or losing ON PURPOSE (let me re-emphasize that....ON PURPOSE), playing poorly and not able to win lane or take objectives whether as adc, support, top, mid, or jg is not a punishable offense. If playing poorly is punishable, every single Bronzie would be perm-banned on a daily basis. As far as the summoner name goes, did you report him for that? [http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2556703212/237034343?tab=overview](http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2556703212/237034343?tab=overview) We really should do something about your ban huh? I mean 25% participation with a long ass ultimate going negative kda.....tsk tsk tsk [http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2558368189/237034343?tab=overview](http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2558368189/237034343?tab=overview) [http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2555915933/237034343?tab=overview](http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2555915933/237034343?tab=overview)
I find it funny that you made a new account just to spam message boards. You are an unranked player with no match history of recent games played.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Make a thread again once you have at least 50-100 games on that account. 11 games is far too low of a representation of your skill. Since the skill levels are so close together from Bronze 3 to Silver 3, calling you silver is like calling someone that played and won only 1 Poker turnament a Poker god. Fact is that there is no elo hell, and over the course of many hundreds of games you will eventually get an accurate representation of how well you performed up until that point, just like in Poker.
What you meant to say is that Solo Ranks mean nothing because it doesn't measure skill or game knowledge.
nm1010 (NA)
: > I found this to not be true. At the beginning of the season I took a fresh account and went 3-7 And I have tried to get bronze on 2 fresh accounts, one was 2-8 and the other was 3-7 both were placed at silver 4 and 3 respectively. > I went 50% win rate playing with Silvers. On my newest account I literally couldn't lose in silver mmr after being placed, if it places most new players there then of course anyone can beat them.
What is up with your account? I'm unable to find any record of any of your games? Are you boosted?
: What I'm saying is, if he's truly Silver, then he'll be placed back in Silver next season. You don't _always_ get demoted. I was playing with Gold MMR and I got placed in Gold. The only times you'll inevitably rank down are A) when you play somewhat lower than your current rank, or B) if you're Diamond or higher. So, if he's truly Silver rank, then he should be able to place into Silver on this account next season. That's how the system works.
: New accounts MMR starts at silver3/4 so all you've proven is that. I bet if you play on this acct long enough you will get it to bronze. You saying you're better than bronze whne you're hard stuck there is probably why you're still bronze. Admit that you're bad and improve! Admittedly I think I'm a terrible plat player and probably actually gold 1 but got lucky
"Luck" is correct. The matchmaking isn't based on skill at all.
SIEGE2UK (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=TiltyMacTiltFace,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2XRgy2l8,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2017-07-27T16:04:33.733+0000) > > Great assumption. I have more than 1000 games this season with my primary account. You seem to be drinking the Koolaid pretty hard and making a lot of assumptions with information you don't have, and providing unsolicited advice that take this post out of the context it provides. Your post is not useful, but thanks for stopping by. It is an assumption made upon the fact that you have come onto here, to complain about why you are still in bronze. If you cannot see the relevance of what I posted, you deserve to stay exactly where you are. If you can't see how any of that will not help you in your own search for improvement, you deserve to stay where you are. It was merely a point of showing you what I did to improve, you should be able to do similar things on your own champion and role. Your shitty attitude is also, the biggest factor, of why you are still bronze. We all have bad games man, I have lately, a few in a row. But your match history, is full of 0/9, 0/6 etc... Your saltyness is glowing bud.
Question: Is this your first and only account? If so, how did you know you would be a Rengar main before making this account? If this isn't your first account, sir or miss, then I think this might exactly what the OP is referring to. You are correct that placements mean nothing. I have seen a player who had a 1/12 record after promos have a B1 MMR. You are also in EUW. I could be wrong, but I hear NA has the worst player base and many players don't play with a competitive mindset.
Drugoth (NA)
: If the system didnt match people that report/block each other, eventually matchmaking would take forever, and we don't want that, now do we?
If the system was working properly and reporting players eventually removed trolls and toxicity from the game, we wouldn't be having this conversation, now would we?
Rioter Comments
: Not just a bad game. Player is still playing poorly in a Ranked game.
Not only doesn't the player have a racist name that Riot is ignoring, they had 0 damage to towers and objectives as an ADC player in a Ranked game. Is that considered just a "bad game?"
: Matchmaking
Not just a bad game. Player is still playing poorly in a Ranked game.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Goldilux (NA)
: Riot does not give out any ELO handouts. Earn it.
: > [{quoted}](name=RoddyMcFly,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=O4EJVFAL,comment-id=000200010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-29T08:32:03.582+0000) > > Let me ask you a question. Did you go to Riot's site and read the Matchmaking FAQs for yourself? If not, then I suggest you do. Being both emotional and ignorance isn't a beneficial combination. Get informed. > > P.S. Weren't you also the person complaining about Supports not being able to carry nor get S under the suggestions I made? Well here is your proof it's possible if you play smart and have game knowledge. 2/5/21 with an S GRADE!!! > > [Carry as Support](http://imgur.com/a/4NJXX) What's sad is that you're actually more emotional than anyone in this thread, I mean, look at your raging rant in your OP and in all of your comments. You actually claim that the system punishes you for having a higher ratio but you have yet to actually cite anything that supports your allegation. In actuality, what appears to be happening is the dunning kruger effect. If you read the FAQ's you'll understand what this is. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752954-Matchmaking-Guide >"the system punishes you for having a win ratio higher than 50% in lower divisions. You will start to see more loss streaks and being matched with players who are either on a loss streak (The system is using your higher MMR to compensate for their lower MMR being on tilt, despite them being in your division, their MMR is actually lower than its suppose to be because they have played 100+ games in Ranked) You ask if I have read it but you seem to think that citing a source without actually seeing if the proof is there. This actually hurts your credibility because you demonstrate that you are just making wild allegations with no factual support. What this shows me is that you're more emotional than I am and you are more ignorant than I am. Throwing around accusations that people don't read and don't know are actually worse when the accuser actually didn't even read them and made things up to sound superior. Additionally, I have no idea what post you're referring to regarding supports not being able to carry or get S's? What new system are you even talking about? Match making has nothing to do with the letter grades you get.
Look, kid. Troll someone else. I have shown proof and you have disregarded everything. 1. You say Supports can't carry games nor get S ratings. I showed you both in one game. 2. I show you proof of what is being taken into account when creating matches. As you can see, they use limited data as oppose to using more. 3. Solo/Duo inflates MMRs, therefore it is inaccurate. For ex. S4 duoing with B5 players, giving them an avg MMR of B2-B3 affects the integrity of the system. 4. You never offer any facts or evidence to support your claims. All of your responses are emotional, opinion-based, and overall hypocritical.
: > [{quoted}](name=RoddyMcFly,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=O4EJVFAL,comment-id=0002000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-28T00:54:00.470+0000) > > I'm not making claims. Riot literally says it in their official documentation few apparently seem to read. > > "DOES THE SYSTEM USE ANY INFORMATION FROM THE LEAGUES SYSTEM WHEN BUILDING MATCHES FOR RANKED QUEUES? > No. The system does not use your LP, progression status, tier, division, or any other piece of League information." > > "Step 2: Determine eligible opponents: > > Initially, the system will only match players with similar MMR. As time passes, the system will very slowly broaden the MMR range it considers acceptable. > New players get some special protection and are usually matched against other new players, though this may result in a longer delay before finding a game." Lets compare what you just quoted to what you said: > "the system punishes you for having a win ratio higher than 50% in lower divisions. You will start to see more loss streaks and being matched with players who are either on a loss streak (The system is using your higher MMR to compensate for their lower MMR being on tilt, despite them being in your division, their MMR is actually lower than its suppose to be because they have played 100+ games in Ranked) So where does the system punish you for having higher than a 50% win ratio? So new players typically get special protection and get matched against other new players, which is actually not anything like what you say about MMR compensating system you claim there is. You are actually just proving yourself wrong. Remember that you said that people who don't have game knowledge get paired with you because MMR doesn't reflect that? You actually quoted Riot saying that those who are new to the game get special protections and usually get matched with other new players. Sounds like the system you described isn't the system that is in place.
Let me ask you a question. Did you go to Riot's site and read the Matchmaking FAQs for yourself? If not, then I suggest you do. Being both emotional and ignorance isn't a beneficial combination. Get informed. P.S. Weren't you also the person complaining about Supports not being able to carry nor get S under the suggestions I made? Well here is your proof it's possible if you play smart and have game knowledge. 2/5/21 with an S GRADE!!! [Carry as Support](http://imgur.com/a/4NJXX)
: > [{quoted}](name=RoddyMcFly,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gyhmB9b6,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-20T17:03:54.348+0000) > > I average 3-5 deaths a game on every champ I play with, so no, I don't intentionally feed in Ranked games. > > I don't understand why you keep mentioning Supports. If you have a low kda with a Support or bad grade, it is your fault. SUPPORTS CAN CARRY GAMES!! Dude, look at your KDAs and then look at mine. Yours are **way** higher than mine pretty much across the board (and my tryndamere KDA is only high because I played it in legit bronze 5 basement elo until around where you are at, and it's still lower than most of your KDAs) And yet you have trouble winning games against bronze players, while I'm doing just fine in Gold MMR games. The simple conclusion is... KDA doesn't win games.
> [{quoted}](name=Bronze Bonanza,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gyhmB9b6,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-20T17:28:29.535+0000) > > Dude, look at your KDAs and then look at mine. Yours are **way** higher than mine pretty much across the board (and my tryndamere KDA is only high because I played it in legit bronze 5 basement elo until around where you are at, and it's still lower than most of your KDAs) > > And yet you have trouble winning games against bronze players, while I'm doing just fine in Gold MMR games. > > The simple conclusion is... KDA doesn't win games. I don't understand your point. If anything, you are showing more fault with the League of Legends system. To be in Bronze 5 with Gold MMR makes no sense to me. I'm not winning games, but you're winning and not climbing. What kinda logic does that make if the system is working perfectly as you claim
: > [{quoted}](name=RoddyMcFly,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=O4EJVFAL,comment-id=00020001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-19T12:19:36.488+0000) > > No. The MMR system doesn't match you based on your win/loss ratio. It matches you on Wins and Losses. As in, if you win, your MMR goes up. If you lose, it goes down. If you have won 49-50% of your games, it doesn't match you with other people with the same win ratio, only MMR. There's a big difference between the two. > > For example, a player who has only 10-15 ranked games played can be matched with someone of the similar MMR, but has 300+ games played. This makes the ratios inflated because although they have similar MMR, but different win ratios, one is clearly having a hard time climbing. The system doesn't account for this difference in experience. > > Another important thing to understand is that the system punishes you for having a win ratio higher than 50% in lower divisions. You will start to see more loss streaks and being matched with players who are either on a loss streak (The system is using your higher MMR to compensate for their lower MMR being on tilt, despite them being in your division, their MMR is actually lower than its suppose to be because they have played 100+ games in Ranked). The system doesn't account for this. > > The systems inability to use all of its data to find a better much simply so players have shorter queues hasn't helped. This can even be seen with Autofill. Players who often don't want to Support and are negative about it, usually have bad games that reflect their attitudes. At the least, Riot should give players the role they want. > > Also, your win ratio doesn't reflect your skill with a champion. You can have a high win ratio and still play champs that you aren't good with in games and cost your team. For example, if you could only use a champ you had Level 3 or 4 mastery with in Ranked. That's not hard to do and learning the champion would do more harm than good. Do you understand that all you're doing is blaming everyone else for your bronze 1 and not actually looking at whether or not you are actually bronze 1 or better? EDIT: Also, you make so many claims in your string of posts without any proof they are true. For example: "the system punishes you for having a win ratio higher than 50% in lower divisions. You will start to see more loss streaks and being matched with players who are either on a loss streak (The system is using your higher MMR to compensate for their lower MMR being on tilt, despite them being in your division, their MMR is actually lower than its suppose to be because they have played 100+ games in Ranked)." Please provide the basis for your claim. REEDIT: Also, how is it that you are getting matched with people who have 10-15 ranked games if it is matching you based on win and losses when you have 400+ games if the ratio isn't taken into account? You literally do not make any sense. "This makes the ratios inflated because although they have similar MMR, but different win ratios, one is clearly having a hard time climbing." You make ridiculous wild claims and then go back and forth and it's really just "how do I stay in what I believe is right" instead of "what's the actual problem?" What grades do you usually get on your champions when you play?
I'm not making claims. Riot literally says it in their official documentation few apparently seem to read. "DOES THE SYSTEM USE ANY INFORMATION FROM THE LEAGUES SYSTEM WHEN BUILDING MATCHES FOR RANKED QUEUES? No. The system does not use your LP, progression status, tier, division, or any other piece of League information." "Step 2: Determine eligible opponents: Initially, the system will only match players with similar MMR. As time passes, the system will very slowly broaden the MMR range it considers acceptable. New players get some special protection and are usually matched against other new players, though this may result in a longer delay before finding a game."
: It is insulting to have the average player in silver
Silly League Players. You think your rank is actually a reflection of your true skill.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=RoddyMcFly,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gyhmB9b6,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-19T12:53:51.892+0000) > Riot can use each player's KDA, Win Ratio, Champion Mastery, Games Played, and Role Preference to create a standard based on best/worst case scenarios and measure them compare to higher tier or Master/Challenger Players. Problem with this, is that even on champions you are good with, you will still get someone who has a bad game and ints and then you will still feel like the system is skewed, hell, you going to sit here and lie to me and act like you have never inted on a champion you have good stats with? >For example, low cs/gold income means that a player may not consistently be reaching full build or gaining experience. If a player is farming well (as close to 44 cs @ 5:50 etc.), that should be reflected in the LP loss/gain. And if they are a support or support main? > Players get graded after each game. In short, failing players shouldn't graduate or be placed on the honor roll for simply participating. So fuck the supports then? > I've seen people mention Supports a lot. I think they too may misunderstand the game. Support players can have high KDAs also. For example, any player who gets more kills/assists than deaths will have a good kda. A Support who dies for their ADC can have a 3/10/23 game. Even with the 10 deaths, that's an estimate positive KDA of 2.6. The system doesn't use the Champion Win Rate. You just said above that cs and gold income should be factored into the mix. Two things supports get far less on average then every other player. > Again, if the player only have 2 games player bothers you, then Riot can use the Champion Masteries as a restriction to play Riot, much as you need 16 champs to play Ranked. You do realize how horrible that idea is right? I have no champion mastery on Lulu, so I shouldn't be allowed to play her in ranked just because I didn't spam her in normals enough, mind you my win rate with Lulu is like 80%. Forcing players to grind just to play isn't enjoyable. >You can buy XP boosts and Champion Packs and get Level 30 just to play Ranked in less than a few weeks. There's a GREAT LACK OF EXPERIENCE FROM PLAYERS SIMPLY NOT PLAYING ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND WIN CONDITIONS OR HOW TO COMEBACK IN LOSING GAMES. And that is why said players tend to be bronze because they immediately jump into ranked without fully understanding the game yet. >That's the human element Riot can't, and arguably, shouldn't have to account for. However, they can use the data in their system to "weed out" the bad players. Once again, that is why those players tend to be bronze. > I personally would be willing to wait in queue longer if I were given a better team. You would, couple months ago that wasn't the case and people were bitching about longer queue times. Personally, I'm indifferent. >Most importantly, I wouldn't mind being placed with players of lesser skill if I knew that my own play would be taken into consideration. That way, if I'm trying to comeback in a 4v5, I don't just lose the same LP as the afker. Let the afk lose 5 more LP. Let the player who carried get 5 more LP. Now how is the game supposed to know, the AFKing thing sure, that is easy and obvious, but the carrying one is far too many factors behind it to properly dole it out. What has if the support Blitzcrank only landed five hooks the whole game, HOWEVER, he only shot out five and every single time it landed on the perfect target, how is the game supposed to know he carried if his score doesn't match it because at times it won't. Or the inverse, the fed mid or top laner who didn't actually do anything except farm kills and didn't secure any objectives and almost threw the game with his cockiness, does he deserve more LP? >Players could also receive a small LP for their grades: S = 4 LP, A = 3 LP, B = 2 LP, C= 1 LP. Have you ever had 99LP? Imagine how helpful the LP from the grade would be and it can't be abused since you still gain/lose LP for win/loss. Actually it can be abused, people would artificially extend games for the sake of getting the S even when they could end it immediately for the sake of more LP, on top of the system actively punishing supports for deaths meaning they would be far less willing to do the hero play to save their ADC to secure their own S. > Correct, it is a team game. However, the "general manager is bad a drafting and trading players." The League of Legends franchise suffers for it. If it is a team game, then there shouldn't be Solo or Duo. Allow players to search the database and play with they want or create their own teams for Ranked play. They do, that is called ranked flex. If you want to create your perfect team of only players you want, play ranked flex. > Overall, since you don't control or pick who is on your team and you can't substitute players, you are stuck on team for 30mins to an hour. At least in other sports, you can sit on the bench. You aren't force to play through an injury as you are when a player afk. The ref stops and lets you know you have too many or not enough people on the field. When a player afks, Riot needs to compensate for that, not the players. You shouldn't lose the same LP as someone who feeds or AFKs. But we all feed, there are games of you feeding in your match history though, like that 0/4 Lucian game, or the 0/7 Zilean game. > At the end of the day, if you do well, you can win, but you should be placed with people who give you a chance to win. Not placed with players who have a history of bad play and should have been traded or retired years ago. Using logic can solve many issues in this game and it won't be abusive. You say logic, it sounds to me like you are just upset that you got placed in bronze and think you are better then your current rank and thus are upset about the players around you.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gyhmB9b6,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-19T19:32:00.586+0000) > > Problem with this, is that even on champions you are good with, you will still get someone who has a bad game and ints and then you will still feel like the system is skewed, hell, you going to sit here and lie to me and act like you have never inted on a champion you have good stats with? I average 3-5 deaths a game on every champ I play with, so no, I don't intentionally feed in Ranked games. > And if they are a support or support main? I don't understand why you keep mentioning Supports. If you have a low kda with a Support or bad grade, it is your fault. SUPPORTS CAN CARRY GAMES!! > You just said above that cs and gold income should be factored into the mix. Two things supports get far less on average then every other player. > Yes, one factor. NOT THE ONLY FACTOR!!! Use logic. Don't just argue to argue. > You do realize how horrible that idea is right? I have no champion mastery on Lulu, so I shouldn't be allowed to play her in ranked just because I didn't spam her in normals enough, mind you my win rate with Lulu is like 80%. Forcing players to grind just to play isn't enjoyable. > The current Ranked system already forces players to grind to play (i.e. Runes and higher priced champs are always in the meta.) What are you talking about? And no. I don't think players should be allowed to play champs in Ranked they haven't played a certain number of games with. For example, you have 180+ games, on Vlad, but your win ratio on him isn't 80% and you still have high deaths with him in games. Should players ignore the fact that you aren't that good with Vlad or allow you to keep holding your teams back simply because you enjoy playing him? > And that is why said players tend to be bronze because they immediately jump into ranked without fully understanding the game yet. > Since I think that the Ranked System is flawed, I also don't think a person's rank is an accurate measure of their skill. Many of the games are luck. For example, at Plat you are expected to have near perfect cs. You do not. Does that mean you don't deserve to be Plat? How many games have you been forced to carry multiple players with 10+ deaths in Plat? Judging by your recent matches, not often, but it happens. Does that mean they should be in Bronze? > Now how is the game supposed to know, the AFKing thing sure, that is easy and obvious, but the carrying one is far too many factors behind it to properly dole it out. What has if the support Blitzcrank only landed five hooks the whole game, HOWEVER, he only shot out five and every single time it landed on the perfect target, how is the game supposed to know he carried if his score doesn't match it because at times it won't. Or the inverse, the fed mid or top laner who didn't actually do anything except farm kills and didn't secure any objectives and almost threw the game with his cockiness, does he deserve more LP? > I can't tell if you are thinking or just responding. Let's be honest. A Blitzcrank who has only shot out 5 hooks either isn't trying to make plays, doesn't know when to make plays, I doesn't understand his champ. There are only so many factors to consider. However, if a champ main weapon is his grab and you aren't using it, then it may be best you stop playing that champion or be content with playing him at a low level. If he 5 hooks and the team had 5 kills, they yes, he carried. However, if he has 5 assists and the team had 35 kills, Blitz did not carry and possibly held his team back by not being more active. This is the thing you aren't comprehending: League of Legends also tracks Objectives Destroyed in the stats. It also tracks Damage to Objectives for each player. All of this is already tracked and measured in the game stats. Riot just isn't utilizing the data in matchmaking or to measure skill, game knowledge, or team play at various ranks. If you think someone is only chasing kills in your games and not focusing objectives, this can be shown in the stats after the game. Seeing someone with 0 damage to objectives after the game feelsbadman. > Actually it can be abused, people would artificially extend games for the sake of getting the S even when they could end it immediately for the sake of more LP, on top of the system actively punishing supports for deaths meaning they would be far less willing to do the hero play to save their ADC to secure their own S. > Stop mentioning Supports. That isn't helping you win any of these arguments. Game Length, to my knowledge, doesn't have anything to do with your grade in game. You can play in a long game and not get an S. The system doesn't punish you for deaths. Players simply don't view every death as a mistake. That has nothing to do with your role. It's your game knowledge. Just because you engage in a fight, doesn't mean you have to fight to the death. And if you are dying, clearly it wasn't a good fight to begin with. > They do, that is called ranked flex. If you want to create your perfect team of only players you want, play ranked flex. > Ranked Flex is currently a joke. Players don't take it seriously. Many people consider it to be much like a Normal game since the skill level is very wide. > But we all feed, there are games of you feeding in your match history though, like that 0/4 Lucian game, or the 0/7 Zilean game. > You average 4.7 deaths on Vlad with a KDA 2.57 (48% w/r). I average 3.0 deaths on Lucian with a KDA of 4.17 (53% w/r). If 4 deaths is feeding, you feed every game. You got a win in a game you went 2/10 in because the Vayne had to get 18 kills to carry you. Not only did you have 10 deaths, you had the lowest assists, which means you may not have always been helping your team in fights when you died those 10 times. > You say logic, it sounds to me like you are just upset that you got placed in bronze and think you are better then your current rank and thus are upset about the players around you. Yes, logic. Not emotional response thrown out to try to speak down on someone. Judging by your stats, you got lucky, was handed Plat once, and have been carried in your games since. How do you go 0/3 on Teemo with 42 cs in 20 mins against Shen as a "Platinum" player? I think it's funny that when all of your logic failed, you think calling me a Bronze player negates your poor KDA in most of your games. When you carry your team in a game after they average 10 deaths, let me know. I'm not seeing you doing this in your current stats.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=RoddyMcFly,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gyhmB9b6,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-17T01:18:31.198+0000) > > This is what people are saying. If so, that's unfortunate. That is because you are asking for a system that is quite literally impossible. > [{quoted}](name=RoddyMcFly,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gyhmB9b6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-06-16T11:55:33.679+0000) > > As in repaired. To actually be based on skill or ability and not luck or the system forcing losses to main a false 50/50 chance of winning. Because if the system was purely based off that, the system would be so skewed, that the matches would be even more lopsided then they seem now. The problem of trying to create a system to properly group humans together are that humans are this planet's most irrational, uncontrollable, unpredictable species period. No one does well every game, no one plays flawlessly every game, and one's true ability is so difficult to properly ascertain that it might as well be impossible. >This current system doesn't take into account a player's ability in a role, KDA, nor win rates in a role or with a champ. And how would a system actually properly place players together like that. So would they be given higher or lower MMR games based off which role they pick, what is stopping a Diamond based player from just picking two roles they never pick to just stomp bronze players? If you factor in KDA, how would it be fair to supports, and if you factor in win rates, why should you automatically be placed against diamond players for the 100% win rate on a champion you have chosen like twice? >LP gains also don't reward or reflect individual play at all. Because its a team game. The focus is about team play, while individual skill is important, at the end of the day, this is still a team game.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gyhmB9b6,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-17T01:26:34.874+0000) Because if the system was purely based off that, the system would be so skewed, that the matches would **be even more lopsided then they seem now**. The problem of trying to create a system to properly group humans together are that humans are this planet's most irrational, uncontrollable, unpredictable species period. No one does well every game, no one plays flawlessly every game, and one's true ability is so difficult to properly ascertain that it might as well be impossible. > Listen. Not understanding how something works doesn't imply that it is impossible. LoL has a lot of data that it keeps in this game. Riot can create restraints to improve the matchmaking system. The issue is, and possibly has always been, the queue times and how to manage roles. At lower tiers, you have more unskilled players than good. Therefore, the queues are shorter and you could be matched with a player who has played 10 Ranked games or one who has played 300+ Ranked games. This alone is a big gap in experience, regardless of actual skill level, smurfing, etc. > And how would a system actually properly place players together like that. So would they be given higher or lower MMR games based off which role they pick, what is stopping a Diamond based player from just picking two roles they never pick to just stomp bronze players? > Riot can use each player's KDA, Win Ratio, Champion Mastery, Games Played, and Role Preference to create a standard based on best/worst case scenarios and measure them compare to higher tier or Master/Challenger Players. For example, low cs/gold income means that a player may not consistently be reaching full build or gaining experience. If a player is farming well (as close to 44 cs @ 5:50 etc.), that should be reflected in the LP loss/gain. Players get graded after each game. In short, failing players shouldn't graduate or be placed on the honor roll for simply participating. > If you factor in KDA, how would it be fair to supports, and if you factor in win rates, why should you automatically be placed against diamond players for the 100% win rate on a champion you have chosen like twice? > I've seen people mention Supports a lot. I think they too may misunderstand the game. Support players can have high KDAs also. For example, any player who gets more kills/assists than deaths will have a good kda. A Support who dies for their ADC can have a 3/10/23 game. Even with the 10 deaths, that's an estimate positive KDA of 2.6. The system doesn't use the Champion Win Rate. Again, if the player only have 2 games player bothers you, then Riot can use the Champion Masteries as a restriction to play Riot, much as you need 16 champs to play Ranked. You can buy XP boosts and Champion Packs and get Level 30 just to play Ranked in less than a few weeks. There's a GREAT LACK OF EXPERIENCE FROM PLAYERS SIMPLY NOT PLAYING ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND WIN CONDITIONS OR HOW TO COMEBACK IN LOSING GAMES. That's the human element Riot can't, and arguably, shouldn't have to account for. However, they can use the data in their system to "weed out" the bad players. I personally would be willing to wait in queue longer if I were given a better team. Most importantly, I wouldn't mind being placed with players of lesser skill if I knew that my own play would be taken into consideration. That way, if I'm trying to comeback in a 4v5, I don't just lose the same LP as the afker. Let the afk lose 5 more LP. Let the player who carried get 5 more LP. Players could also receive a small LP for their grades: S = 4 LP, A = 3 LP, B = 2 LP, C= 1 LP. Have you ever had 99LP? Imagine how helpful the LP from the grade would be and it can't be abused since you still gain/lose LP for win/loss. A player still can't be selfish. (With KDA in mind again, I think having low assists can also be telling in terms of being a "team player".) > Because its a team game. The focus is about team play, while individual skill is important, at the end of the day, this is still a team game. Correct, it is a team game. However, the "general manager is bad a drafting and trading players." The League of Legends franchise suffers for it. If it is a team game, then there shouldn't be Solo or Duo. Allow players to search the database and play with they want or create their own teams for Ranked play. Overall, since you don't control or pick who is on your team and you can't substitute players, you are stuck on team for 30mins to an hour. At least in other sports, you can sit on the bench. You aren't force to play through an injury as you are when a player afk. The ref stops and lets you know you have too many or not enough people on the field. When a player afks, Riot needs to compensate for that, not the players. You shouldn't lose the same LP as someone who feeds or AFKs. At the end of the day, if you do well, you can win, but you should be placed with people who give you a chance to win. Not placed with players who have a history of bad play and should have been traded or retired years ago. Using logic can solve many issues in this game and it won't be abusive.
: > [{quoted}](name=RoddyMcFly,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=O4EJVFAL,comment-id=000200010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-15T05:04:49.285+0000) > > The MMR doesn't measure any of those things. The only thing it accounts for is a win or loss as a team, not individual skill. Something as simple as kill participation isn't included in the MMR in a team game. Individual efforts aren't rewarded. Only thing you can do is not feed and hope you are not on the team with the feeder(s). So.... when the MMR system matches you based on your division because your win/loss ratio is gives you a higher MMR rating and letting you gain more LP than you lose because your MMR level is higher than your peers in your current rank.... that's not compensating for your increased skill, game knowledge, decision making skills, and mastery of mechanics which all lead you to having more wins than losses and thus allowing you to climb out of your current rank?
> [{quoted}](name=YerroFever,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=O4EJVFAL,comment-id=0002000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-17T04:26:09.311+0000) > > So.... when the MMR system matches you based on your division because your win/loss ratio is gives you a higher MMR rating and letting you gain more LP than you lose because your MMR level is higher than your peers in your current rank.... that's not compensating for your increased skill, game knowledge, decision making skills, and mastery of mechanics which all lead you to having more wins than losses and thus allowing you to climb out of your current rank? No. The MMR system doesn't match you based on your win/loss ratio. It matches you on Wins and Losses. As in, if you win, your MMR goes up. If you lose, it goes down. If you have won 49-50% of your games, it doesn't match you with other people with the same win ratio, only MMR. There's a big difference between the two. For example, a player who has only 10-15 ranked games played can be matched with someone of the similar MMR, but has 300+ games played. This makes the ratios inflated because although they have similar MMR, but different win ratios, one is clearly having a hard time climbing. The system doesn't account for this difference in experience. Another important thing to understand is that the system punishes you for having a win ratio higher than 50% in lower divisions. You will start to see more loss streaks and being matched with players who are either on a loss streak (The system is using your higher MMR to compensate for their lower MMR being on tilt, despite them being in your division, their MMR is actually lower than its suppose to be because they have played 100+ games in Ranked). The system doesn't account for this. The systems inability to use all of its data to find a better much simply so players have shorter queues hasn't helped. This can even be seen with Autofill. Players who often don't want to Support and are negative about it, usually have bad games that reflect their attitudes. At the least, Riot should give players the role they want. Also, your win ratio doesn't reflect your skill with a champion. You can have a high win ratio and still play champs that you aren't good with in games and cost your team. For example, if you could only use a champ you had Level 3 or 4 mastery with in Ranked. That's not hard to do and learning the champion would do more harm than good.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=RoddyMcFly,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gyhmB9b6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-06-16T11:55:33.679+0000) > > As in repaired. To actually be based on skill or ability and not luck or the system forcing losses to main a false 50/50 chance of winning. This current system doesn't take into account a player's ability in a role, KDA, nor win rates in a role or with a champ. LP gains also don't reward or reflect individual play at all. The system has Champ Masteries which are irrelevant and doesn't imply mechanical skill on said champ. I could go on, but Riot will most likely just hide this post. Never by the way.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gyhmB9b6,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-16T17:33:07.076+0000) > > Never by the way. This is what people are saying. If so, that's unfortunate.
Show more

RoddyMcFly

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion