: The Shackles of Belief - New Story
The most important part to me, was confirming that freljord and Demacia speak different languages. That's really interesting, I wonder if none of the regions share a language.
Sukishoo (NA)
: ?? Neeko was released in 2018, Winter wonder is a legacy skin set to go into the vault after snowdown this year. Star Guardian + prestige, came out this year.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=NwNtjHMy,comment-id=000a0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-25T15:44:19.661+0000) > > ?? Neeko was released in 2018, Winter wonder is a legacy skin set to go into the vault after snowdown this year. Star Guardian + prestige, came out this year. but that's not a whole year.
Rioter Comments
Sukishoo (NA)
: Well Neekos release skin was a legacy, and she was released last year. Said skin will be vaulted after 2019 Snowdown, so she was known to get a skin in 2019 (and just happened to be with a prestige). Qiyanas release was a regular store skin and so it is a bit unfair of them to just kind of assume she'd be popular enough to warrant another skin alongside a prestige in 2019. I mean sure they just slot in what they feel fits a theme and all but they could give some more thought to some of their older champions.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=NwNtjHMy,comment-id=000a00000001,timestamp=2019-09-23T16:34:20.025+0000) > > Well Neekos release skin was a legacy, and she was released last year. Said skin will be vaulted after 2019 Snowdown, so she was known to get a skin in 2019 (and just happened to be with a prestige). > > Qiyanas release was a regular store skin and so it is a bit unfair of them to just kind of assume she'd be popular enough to warrant another skin alongside a prestige in 2019. I mean sure they just slot in what they feel fits a theme and all but they could give some more thought to some of their older champions. Uh... Star Guardian.
: so what this is saying as far as im aware qiyana gets her first skin the same year she is released while everyone can fuck off like kled and ornn who ethier only got a legaacy first skin and one who hasnt even gotten another skin wtf
Neeko got one. She was released this year. :P
: I haven't seen Qiyana player since she got released.. Wish we could vote on who gets next prestige..
You don't play then, she's a very popular pick.
Rioter Comments
: Hi Void - thanks for taking the time to write this up! It's a really thoughtful post and I loved reading through it. I'm the Product Lead on Eternals, and I wanted to address some of the points brought up in this thread, because we talked about all of these points at length during development: * We discussed tying this into Mastery a bunch, but ultimately landed on making Eternals adjacent to the system because Mastery doesn't have any kind of RP value attached to it. It's a system that was built to be evergreen once for all champions ever, and Eternals has a roadmap that extends beyond the first set we release. We split the difference with Mastery Emote Upgrades (fun fact: we actually were unsure about this idea early in development, but players in our early playtests suggested it consistently as something they wanted). * Regarding the difficulty of certain Eternals, we want to find a happy balance that leans more towards "represents skillful play" than "ridiculously difficult". Some of the original Eternals we designed were almost never incrementing in our playtests, which resulted in players feeling like the system either wasn't working or getting very little satisfaction from the progression. We DO want to make tricky Eternals, but they need to be something that the player mostly has control over, like iiGazeii's suggestion of Jhin grenades hit after killing 3 units prior. * Regarding price, we're taking steps on this. You'll hear more soon. * For rewards from Eternals, I'd love to open up this discussion to the group: **What rewards for rekindling sets would you think would be satisfying?** BEFORE YOU ANSWER, I'm afraid I have to put a few limitations on you to make sure we don't annihilate scope / make Eternals feel good by tacking on another content type as a reward. Try to think of something that feels self-contained, and usable on the champion regardless of the skin they choose. That means no skins, no chromas. Other than that, hit me. Again, thanks for this thread. It's been really fun to read through this. I'm excited to share updates with you all soon. Cheers, Adriaan
> [{quoted}](name=KenAdamsNSA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Eohdii0H,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-08-20T18:01:54.409+0000) > > Hi Void - thanks for taking the time to write this up! It's a really thoughtful post and I loved reading through it. > > I'm the Product Lead on Eternals, and I wanted to address some of the points brought up in this thread, because we talked about all of these points at length during development: > > * We discussed tying this into Mastery a bunch, but ultimately landed on making Eternals adjacent to the system because Mastery doesn't have any kind of RP value attached to it. It's a system that was built to be evergreen once for all champions ever, and Eternals has a roadmap that extends beyond the first set we release. We split the difference with Mastery Emote Upgrades (fun fact: we actually were unsure about this idea early in development, but players in our early playtests suggested it consistently as something they wanted). > > * Regarding the difficulty of certain Eternals, we want to find a happy balance that leans more towards "represents skillful play" than "ridiculously difficult". Some of the original Eternals we designed were almost never incrementing in our playtests, which resulted in players feeling like the system either wasn't working or getting very little satisfaction from the progression. We DO want to make tricky Eternals, but they need to be something that the player mostly has control over, like iiGazeii's suggestion of Jhin grenades hit after killing 3 units prior. > > * Regarding price, we're taking steps on this. You'll hear more soon. > > * For rewards from Eternals, I'd love to open up this discussion to the group: **What rewards for rekindling sets would you think would be satisfying?** BEFORE YOU ANSWER, I'm afraid I have to put a few limitations on you to make sure we don't annihilate scope / make Eternals feel good by tacking on another content type as a reward. Try to think of something that feels self-contained, and usable on the champion regardless of the skin they choose. That means no skins, no chromas. Other than that, hit me. > > Again, thanks for this thread. It's been really fun to read through this. I'm excited to share updates with you all soon. > > Cheers, > > Adriaan A recall effect that you could toggle could work.
usul1202 (NA)
: What's your 'it happened in a dream' skin?
Hero Poppy, a legendary where she accepts herself as the hero
: Nasus went to college.
> [{quoted}](name=Bioluminescence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WERstcR9,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-03-01T18:00:11.089+0000) > > Nasus went to college. Sounds like plankton
Rioter Comments
Reav3 (NA)
: Sure, current Champions we talk a lot about internally for VGUS are {{champion:36}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:106}}
> [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=yQNMhiKd,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-25T18:48:33.897+0000) > > Sure, current Champions we talk a lot about internally for VGUS are > > {{champion:36}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:106}} Have you ever considered a year with no new champs and just vgus?
PhRoXz0n (NA)
: Crit Item Explorations Part 2
Stop trying to get rid of Spear and Atma's.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kamehaamehaa,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tMzgHYGE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-30T04:05:18.038+0000) > > The Earth is flat yo gf is flat
> [{quoted}](name=Hextech OwI,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tMzgHYGE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-30T11:25:21.829+0000) > > yo gf is flat Hey, flat is justice. Don't down us {{champion:222}} lovers
Lewanor (NA)
: Regularly released comics... How can show our support most effectively? Since most people can't buy it, does reading help a lot?
> [{quoted}](name=Lewanor,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=luKNAK3m,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-19T20:12:19.349+0000) > > Regularly released comics... How can show our support most effectively? Since most people can't buy it, does reading help a lot? How can most people not buy it? They're only $5.
Rioter Comments
: I personally hope that Ezreal will never get in with Lux, HOWEVER I do hope...
: Frankly, you are the absurd one. Expecting the entire world to know and obey your specific culture.
> [{quoted}](name=mlm olo mlm,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xfl0teU4,comment-id=0002000100010000,timestamp=2018-10-08T16:28:36.012+0000) > > Frankly, you are the absurd one. Expecting the entire world to know and obey your specific culture. Dude, you must have some long ass arms to be reaching like that. Your argument is ridiculous. Everyone knows he ment Kill yourself, just admit that y ok you're wrong and let it go.
Auzyris (EUW)
: I am a Katarina main since beta and I would like to adress her issues
Why not make her Q be like a mix between {{champion:21}} Q and {{champion:84}} E? Have it bounced off and Mark champions the she can use her E to teleport and damage those champions.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Zapzya (OCE)
: During the PAX narrative panel, one of them didn't want champions to have romantic relationships with others, while others seemed to be open to it. So for this particular relationship, will probably not be canonically developed in the near future. Perhaps in alternate universes though, like the novel above. Regardless, they still have a decent number of bios to update, and on top of that they need to progress major story lines in the world. Demacia has no currently known story lines involving Noxus, so sadly we probably won't see these two interact even if we get there. If Riot somehow increases lore production speed though, it's possible.
> [{quoted}](name=Zapzya,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=uhoiYBvl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-15T15:09:37.720+0000) > > During the PAX narrative panel, one of them didn't want champions to have romantic relationships with others, while others seemed to be open to it. So for this particular relationship, will probably not be canonically developed in the near future. Perhaps in alternate universes though, like the novel above. > > Regardless, they still have a decent number of bios to update, and on top of that they need to progress major story lines in the world. Demacia has no currently known story lines involving Noxus, so sadly we probably won't see these two interact even if we get there. If Riot somehow increases lore production speed though, it's possible. Odd they would say that when Jinx has a crush on Kayn in Odyssey. Then again it is an alternate universe and I don't think it's taken seriously.
Rioter Comments
Tafko (EUW)
: Permabanned for this? lul
Seeing how you put "lul" in your post title, pretty sure you had it coming.
: To be fair, Sona needs a full VU more than just animations. Her classic model, and that of her other skins, just needs lots of love and updating. Her model technically was updated in 2014, but the act of making it stick to her shitty animations and rigging just made the work utterly lackluster, much like the similar scenarios of {{champion:114}} {{champion:98}} and {{champion:21}}. If the Ezreal VU takes off, Sona could DEFINITELY benefit from one of the same caliber.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HnnNLadP,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-11T16:17:03.089+0000) > > To be fair, Sona needs a full VU more than just animations. Her classic model, and that of her other skins, just needs lots of love and updating. Her model technically was updated in 2014, but the act of making it stick to her shitty animations and rigging just made the work utterly lackluster, much like the similar scenarios of {{champion:114}} {{champion:98}} and {{champion:21}}. > > If the Ezreal VU takes off, Sona could DEFINITELY benefit from one of the same caliber. OMG I'm so glad someone has pointed out {{champion:21}} and{{champion:114}} , they're so dated. I like Miss Fortune but I only use her Gun Goddess skin because honestly, I'm not too much of a fan of her old voice, plus she and {{champion:37}} still call you summoner which I'm surprised they haven't just patched out.
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ogtY6I7v,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-09T11:54:22.856+0000) > > you aren't owed one The community is owed one. He is part of the community. Therefore he is owed one.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ogtY6I7v,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-09T12:04:41.374+0000) > > The community is owed one. He is part of the community. Therefore he is owed one. none of ya'll are owed one. They have nothing to apologize for. Get over it.
BeachDay (NA)
: Daniel Klein Should Offer HIS Position to a Woman
Isn't this doing exactly what you guys have been crying about? Giving someone a position just because of their sex? Does no one see this?
: Day 2, Reminder to Not Buy RP
going to buy some RP right now
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=004e,timestamp=2018-09-07T00:41:09.163+0000) > > As a recruiter at Riot, do you have anything to say about the legality - or total lack thereof - of your event and recruiting practices? [Excluding people of a specific gender from an event violates Washington state law, and excluding people of a specific gender from an employment assistance event violates federal law.](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/5IuO5EpE-restricting-employment-helpopportunities-based-on-gender-violates-title-vii-of-the-civil-rights-act) > >   > > Or did RiotGeneralCounsel insist that you only talk about puppies today? > > Oh, and I'm pretty sure you'd have a different idea of the results if you had also spoken to people who didn't like being [singled out and patronized for their gender](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/yMabbwNr-i-attended-this-recent-pax-that-everyone-is-talking-about). > > By the way, making a thread like this at a time like this is basically bringing marshmallows to toast over a burning building. It's not funny, it's not cute, and it's not amusing. I debated for a while whether or not I should respond to this, but I think its worth sharing as much as I feel equipped to. #1 I'm not a lawyer, the closest I've come is watching a couple seasons of Suits. #2 Its pretty hard to muster up the courage to talk with you when it seems like the tone of your message is angry and combative (aka seems like you're looking to pick a fight, not have an actual conversation). It kind of feels like when people threaten customer service reps. Now to the response, tbh I have no idea. As I mentioned I'm not a lawyer, and at the risk of sounding stupid I don't know the complexities of the legal situation. However, vitriol and anger wont help you have solid discourse around the issue. In regards to your last comment: sharing a post saying "have a good Thursday" is nothing like bringing a toaster to a burning building. Sorry you feel hurt and angry, I **completely** understand, but just because there is pain and hurt doesn't mean one can't show a measure of kindness and care. No one will **never** stop me from being kind to others. **Ever**.
> [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=004e0000,timestamp=2018-09-07T01:40:35.821+0000) > > I debated for a while whether or not I should respond to this, but I think its worth sharing as much as I feel equipped to. #1 I'm not a lawyer, the closest I've come is watching a couple seasons of Suits. #2 Its pretty hard to muster up the courage to talk with you when it seems like the tone of your message is angry and combative (aka seems like you're looking to pick a fight, not have an actual conversation). It kind of feels like when people threaten customer service reps. > > Now to the response, tbh I have no idea. As I mentioned I'm not a lawyer, and at the risk of sounding stupid I don't know the complexities of the legal situation. However, vitriol and anger wont help you have solid discourse around the issue. > > In regards to your last comment: sharing a post saying "have a good Thursday" is nothing like bringing a toaster to a burning building. Sorry you feel hurt and angry, I **completely** understand, but just because there is pain and hurt doesn't mean one can't show a measure of kindness and care. > > No one will **never** stop me from being kind to others. **Ever**. It's obvious they just want you to be a bad guy. No one here is going to listen of they already have their pitchforks. They aren't looking for reasonable words, they're looking for names and blood.
: Having a good day, was thinking about visiting a turbine?
> [{quoted}](name=GodEmperorVeigar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0049,timestamp=2018-09-06T23:25:17.897+0000) > > Having a good day, was thinking about visiting a turbine? Well if you really did that because someone said so, probably wouldn't be the worst option.
: > [{quoted}](name=WomboComboDombo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=0038,timestamp=2018-09-06T22:15:45.091+0000) > > Behold, Riot's official statement on Daniel Klein encouraging we all go and jump into an airplane rotor. > > Very cool! theres some connective linkage that I'm missing between me saying "have a good thursday" and what your suggesting. Help?
> [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HPcbpREU,comment-id=00380000,timestamp=2018-09-06T22:24:08.568+0000) > > theres some connective linkage that I'm missing between me saying "have a good thursday" and what your suggesting. Help? Don't even worry about it. It seems only the boards on this website are really crying about it still. Have a good day Rioter, hope you guys don't think these boards speak for everyone, because they don't. I'll probably get down voted but the way the boards are right now it doesn't matter. I mean they downvoted you saying, "have a good day".
towalk (NA)
: haha very funy caus riot have board for womans and nonbinarys!!11!!1 evryone else tink u very funny!1!!!1 very gud jok pls do mor
no one cares about you guy's fake issue.
: The sheep will keep buying, but the truly loyal players - the core audience, mind you, will not forget. You can trust that, Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=EasternBladeStar,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TEw405i6,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-03T18:27:43.591+0000) > > The sheep will keep buying, but the truly loyal players - the core audience, mind you, will not forget. > > You can trust that, Riot. Speak for yourself homie. Me and my friends really don't care, and feel this whole issue is pretty dumb.
: Play the Nexus Blitz alpha
This mode is really fun. Riot don't mess around and not keep this. It's perfect for people who don't have the time to play a regular game.
: Does this happen in all of your games?
> [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6crzF6Z6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-03T02:27:49.307+0000) > > Does this happen in all of your games? My frames have taken a dip actually.
: Patch 8.13 notes
I think decreasing the death timers is looking at the wrong place. It'll just encourage more haphazard play maybe look into buffing tower health instead.
Rioter Comments
: Of course he shouldn't be angry all the time. He should be cold and calculating like swain. Wars take planning and strategy, and he is the incarnation of war. He should be angry some times but not all the time. Oh well at least I still have Nasus
> [{quoted}](name=Bob the Toastr,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=UFJVbvcc,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-06-13T05:53:21.552+0000) > > Of course he shouldn't be angry all the time. He should be cold and calculating like swain. Wars take planning and strategy, and he is the incarnation of war. He should be angry some times but not all the time. > > Oh well at least I still have Nasus Well then we already have a caculating general. Why have two? Also, he's not a general, so what about him makes him have to be caculating.
: Patch 8.12 notes
Poppy buffs? The gods have answered my prayers. Thank you!
: But did the incarnation of war and death really need of all things _levity?_ Did he _really?_ I think his voice lines were much better when he was serious. He's just a copy of Rhaast now.
> [{quoted}](name=Bob the Toastr,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=UFJVbvcc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-13T05:05:51.116+0000) > > But did the incarnation of war and death really need of all things _levity?_ > > Did he _really?_ > > I think his voice lines were much better when he was serious. He's just a copy of Rhaast now. It doesn't hurt to have some. Is he supposed to be angry all the time? He's not like Rhaast at all. Rhaast would like to murder you I your sleep, Aatrox wants to fight you fairly and kill you that way.
Rioter Comments
: Pyke voice lines are utterly disappointing
Is this a good place to slip in the question about older champs with very little VO. Do they have a chance of getting more lines?
: Let's talk Poppy, let's talk Riot balance
Delete this tread, they fixed her. They gave her 5 movement speed in the recent patch. Poppy now god tier. It's funny cause they listed that as a buff, but think that's about as literally as we can use. It's so small it's not even worth mentioning after what they did to her. You
: Which discussion we talking here?
> [{quoted}](name=Tremaursen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Pa5dVUvQ,comment-id=00140000,timestamp=2018-05-16T23:02:00.202+0000) > > Which discussion we talking here? "Did someone lose to Poppy?" I'm on my phone so I can't search it, but go to that one and halfway through riot just changes the subject to aninvia and never responds to anything dealing with Poppy again.
: Patch 8.10 notes
There we go boys, we got Poppy back. That 5 movement speed will shoot her up to 70% win rate.
: Let's talk Poppy, let's talk Riot balance
This is great! Don't let them "ignore" this situation. Notice how on the last Poppy post they changed the topic to {{champion:34}} and only responded to comments about her. They know they screwed up.
: SolCrushed - the designer on the Poppy VGU had wanted to do those changes for awhile, and got some time after Irelia shipped. The intent was to be power neutral (but she ended up dropping a little less than 1 percent. The day after the patch went live, he came over to our team and said he wanted to revert a bit of the compensation nerfs he'd included with the changelist - hence why on the PBE the 5ms nerf is being reverted. Work for Poppy wasn't shipped because we randomly decided she was too strong/too weak. SolCrushed felt that these changes overall would make her a better champion and had been something he'd been thinking about for awhile.
> [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4vxqEyPe,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-09T18:08:37.905+0000) > > SolCrushed - the designer on the Poppy VGU had wanted to do those changes for awhile, and got some time after Irelia shipped. The intent was to be power neutral (but she ended up dropping a little less than 1 percent. The day after the patch went live, he came over to our team and said he wanted to revert a bit of the compensation nerfs he'd included with the changelist - hence why on the PBE the 5ms nerf is being reverted. > > Work for Poppy wasn't shipped because we randomly decided she was too strong/too weak. SolCrushed felt that these changes overall would make her a better champion and had been something he'd been thinking about for awhile. A better champion for what exactly? This is what we don't understand. She's not a good tank since tank items and runes are nerfed, she's not a good brusier there are tons who have better CC and damage, and she's not a good support. So what is she supposed to be? How does this make her a better champion in any way?
wobaji (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4vxqEyPe,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-09T18:08:37.905+0000) > > SolCrushed - the designer on the Poppy VGU had wanted to do those changes for awhile, and got some time after Irelia shipped. The intent was to be power neutral (but she ended up dropping a little less than 1 percent. The day after the patch went live, he came over to our team and said he wanted to revert a bit of the compensation nerfs he'd included with the changelist - hence why on the PBE the 5ms nerf is being reverted. > > Work for Poppy wasn't shipped because we randomly decided she was too strong/too weak. SolCrushed felt that these changes overall would make her a better champion and had been something he'd been thinking about for awhile. LS was literally laughing in the patch notes rundown when he went over 8.9 and saw the Poppy changes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irTD2zze_UQ
> [{quoted}](name=wobaji,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4vxqEyPe,comment-id=00010008,timestamp=2018-05-10T00:01:29.710+0000) > > LS was literally laughing in the patch notes rundown when he went over 8.9 and saw the Poppy changes. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irTD2zze_UQ It's a sad state. I do not understand what was the logic behind this.
: I can't really speak for top-lane, but I play a lot of Poppy jungle, and I think I can see where the initial decisions were coming from. One major advantage that some of the other tanks have over Poppy ({{champion:516}}, {{champion:57}}, {{champion:12}}, {{champion:111}}) is that they all have strong reliable engages whereas Poppy's engage has been historically more situational (i.e. if a priority target was positioned next to a wall), but Poppy also has a bit more burst potential against squishies than the other tanks do if she's able to connect the wall-stun. Changing her ult so that she has a more reliable engage fixes what she was lacking when compared to other tanks while still retaining her high burst potential, and in fact it even gives her a little more burst-damage after level 6; thus, the designers probably wanted to play it safe and hand out a few compensation nerfs so that Poppy didn't have too many strengths going for her. After some time on live, though, it seems that her play-style is still situational enough so as to not warrant some of the compensation nerfs, so they're starting to revert them. I don't think this was at all recklessness on the designers' parts.
> [{quoted}](name=WhiteAcres,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4vxqEyPe,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-05-09T19:03:43.320+0000) > > I can't really speak for top-lane, but I play a lot of Poppy jungle, and I think I can see where the initial decisions were coming from. One major advantage that some of the other tanks have over Poppy ({{champion:516}}, {{champion:57}}, {{champion:12}}, {{champion:111}}) is that they all have strong reliable engages whereas Poppy's engage has been historically more situational (i.e. if a priority target was positioned next to a wall), but Poppy also has a bit more burst potential against squishies than the other tanks do if she's able to connect the wall-stun. Changing her ult so that she has a more reliable engage fixes what she was lacking when compared to other tanks while still retaining her high burst potential, and in fact it even gives her a little more burst-damage after level 6; thus, the designers probably wanted to play it safe and hand out a few compensation nerfs so that Poppy didn't have too many strengths going for her. After some time on live, though, it seems that her play-style is still situational enough so as to not warrant some of the compensation nerfs, so they're starting to revert them. I don't think this was at all recklessness on the designers' parts. How safe can you be with a champ with a less than 50% win rate that never gets picked?
: Champions mains are not always an unbiased source of great feedback. Oftentimes champion mains main a champion because they are in love with the gameplay that currently exists and are resilient to any type of change. I am an Anivia main (and have been since ~2011). When we reworked Anivia so that she could not simply R-> E targets and nuke them while buffing her R and W, anivia mains constantly pmed me and told me that the changes were going to kill the champion, she'd be unplayable garbage, and that me and the designer had no idea how much we were dumpstering the champion. Anivia promptly rose to be one of the highest winrate mid laners for a large amount of time before nerfs/meta shifts/etc.
> [{quoted}](name=penguin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4vxqEyPe,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-05-09T23:51:43.997+0000) > > Champions mains are not always an unbiased source of great feedback. Oftentimes champion mains main a champion because they are in love with the gameplay that currently exists and are resilient to any type of change. I am an Anivia main (and have been since ~2011). When we reworked Anivia so that she could not simply R-> E targets and nuke them while buffing her R and W, anivia mains constantly pmed me and told me that the changes were going to kill the champion, she'd be unplayable garbage, and that me and the designer had no idea how much we were dumpstering the champion. > > Anivia promptly rose to be one of the highest winrate mid laners for a large amount of time before nerfs/meta shifts/etc. OK, but that still doesn't explain exactly how these Poppy changes really benefit or make her different other than worse. She's still below 50% win rate so why not buff her a bit? Poppy players would love the chance to use her in some serious matches, but half the time she'll be useless in the match-up
Show more

Rodnii

Level 259 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion