: RNG Is by necessity not applied to the runes. They were merely generalized on who they can be applied to, but they aren't random or luck-based at all. Runes still have set stats that are bound to achievable conditions to fully utilize. Zoe is a rather more accurate topic. Her ability to pop 2 redemptions in a row when building full ap because of a Skill is very RNG and gamechanging, however she does lose a lot of teambased utility because her W is the only Skill aside from her E that can contribute anything to anyone other than herself. And as for how it is not competitive based. You do know that "Meta" is basically just a translation for "Pro builds and Picks" Right? Before the boards were mini-redesigned like they are, Gameplay used to have a sticky post for years, approved by rioters, which specifically states balance changes are measured and applied based on how well competitive performance goes. Such is only further underlined by seemingly random nerfs and buffs for certain champions right before Worlds kicked in. Zoe is one single champion who reintroduced noobfriendlyness, however the runes did not. Most runes require a high grade of mastery to apply based on the champions played, and for some cases like Vlad and Ryze, their only choices are utility based runes. the New runes didn't redesign the game to be more casual, they merely served the purpose to remove Runes from the game and redesign the mastery Trees to be more generalistic. Riot does strongly focus on competitive Scene and their promotions, one Little gift to us commoners doesn't erase that fact.
> [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ENUz6ovR,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-12-05T18:09:31.891+0000) > > RNG Is by necessity not applied to the runes. They were merely generalized on who they can be applied to, but they aren't random or luck-based at all. > Runes still have set stats that are bound to achievable conditions to fully utilize. > Zoe is a rather more accurate topic. Her ability to pop 2 redemptions in a row when building full ap because of a Skill is very RNG and gamechanging, however she does lose a lot of teambased utility because her W is the only Skill aside from her E that can contribute anything to anyone other than herself. > > And as for how it is not competitive based. You do know that "Meta" is basically just a translation for "Pro builds and Picks" Right? > Before the boards were mini-redesigned like they are, Gameplay used to have a sticky post for years, approved by rioters, which specifically states balance changes are measured and applied based on how well competitive performance goes. > Such is only further underlined by seemingly random nerfs and buffs for certain champions right before Worlds kicked in. > > Zoe is one single champion who reintroduced noobfriendlyness, however the runes did not. > Most runes require a high grade of mastery to apply based on the champions played, and for some cases like Vlad and Ryze, their only choices are utility based runes. > the New runes didn't redesign the game to be more casual, they merely served the purpose to remove Runes from the game and redesign the mastery Trees to be more generalistic. > Riot does strongly focus on competitive Scene and their promotions, one Little gift to us commoners doesn't erase that fact. don't equate any champion you hate fighting to being "noob friendly", zoe is definitely not a "noob friendly" champion. Geeze, you people are as bad as the people who scream "yasuo is a noob champion"
: Off Meta picks are fine and in low elo ranked games they are fine. Once you get into High elo you are crippling your team by picking something off Meta. You can do it and it isn't reportable obviously but you are hurting your team and they have a right to be somewhat upset. Nobody in Plat-Diamond is going to be ok with Ashe support while they are against Draven and Leona
> [{quoted}](name=H1 H0w are Ya,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aMGzXYhY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-05T18:41:29.673+0000) > > Off Meta picks are fine and in low elo ranked games they are fine. > > Once you get into High elo you are crippling your team by picking something off Meta. You can do it and it isn't reportable obviously but you are hurting your team and they have a right to be somewhat upset. > > Nobody in Plat-Diamond is going to be ok with Ashe support while they are against Draven and Leona that's not really true at all. Off meta picks see success sometimes in high elo as well, probably about as often as in low elo. And every once in awhile, you hit on that off-meta pick that's actually hidden op and just hasn't been widely discovered yet.
: I am Bronze V with 0 LP and still lose 90% of games
Just play normals. If you have no desire to climb and don't expect to, and just want to play league in an environment where you don't have to worry about dragging your team down, just play norms and have fun!
FateHin (NA)
: Looking for players for an LCS style amateur tournament.
IGN:RoguePanda99 Discord Name:RoguePanda#6882 Age:18 Rank: Currently Platinum 2 (was diamond last season) Role: Primarily mid Champ Pool: Idk, lots of stuff - mostly mages mid lane, not super big on the assassins rn. Availibility: Changes based on schedule but generally any night after around 9pm CST I'm free. Na.op.gg Link: u lazy turd monkey I already gave you my summoner name Why you would want to join this tournament: Becuz leeg iz fun Anything extra you'd like to say about yourself: I wuv league and I'm also probably best at Anivia, still mostly an anivia one trick but I've got som other champions Im pretty comfortable on too.
: In terms of agency, Season 8 is by far the worst.
: But what point does ggez have? That is my issue with it. You've already won - the game is over. This isn't trash talk - it's being an ass, is my point.
I agree with you, but so what? Some people are assholes. This shouldn't be news to you. Get over it and move on, it's not a big deal. LIke someone else said, it's about the mildest form of trash talk there is. If that phrase is making you so upset that you can't play another game, then you probably shouldn't be on the internet at all. Maybe just stay in your house all day clutching a stress ball {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Seen (NA)
: No because you'd be admitting to your superior that you are always at fault every time some things go wrong, while the so called "blamers" would use you to shove the blame on.
There's a difference between taking the fall for something and trying to see if there was something you could have done to fix it.
: > [{quoted}](name=RoguePanda99,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=75dvcxc6,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-02-02T06:01:15.635+0000) > > Except that it's 100% true. You ARE the common denominator in your games. Now, over the short term, shit happens. That's certainly true. Even players that are truly better than their elo can go on short term losing streaks. But over time, if you are better than your elo, it will bear out in your rank> You will climb. That's just how it works. And it's true - you ARE the common denominator in your games. If you are playing hundreds of games and are not climbing, it's because you don't deserve to climb and you need to work to better yourself as a player. You can't determine how RNG works, thanks to infinity or incomprehensibly large numbers of probabilities. If you could, it wouldn't be random now would it? Never dismiss the chance he could be one of any number of people who could've just gotten incredibly unlucky with no repay. If you don't get what I mean, let me ask you: what guarantees you that he's at fault for a loss-streak other than him existing within it? I'm not defending him (and, honestly, think he should play Nocturne Mid at this rate because at the very least he can carry from there) but... ...it's just such a stupid counterargument. "It'll even out in the end!" What end? What fucking end? What system is there in place to prevent streaking? There's nothing to prevent you from getting tails again if you flip a coin twice and get it the first time. Stop trying to tell me ∞ and chance as a concept **ends** sometime.
> [{quoted}](name=Órrion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=75dvcxc6,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2018-02-02T09:05:12.553+0000) > > You can't determine how RNG works, thanks to infinity or incomprehensibly large numbers of probabilities. If you could, it wouldn't be random now would it? Never dismiss the chance he could be one of any number of people who could've just gotten incredibly unlucky with no repay. > > If you don't get what I mean, let me ask you: what guarantees you that he's at fault for a loss-streak other than him existing within it? I'm not defending him (and, honestly, think he should play Nocturne Mid at this rate because at the very least he can carry from there) but... > ...it's just such a stupid counterargument. > > "It'll even out in the end!" What end? What fucking end? What system is there in place to prevent streaking? There's nothing to prevent you from getting tails again if you flip a coin twice and get it the first time. Stop trying to tell me ∞ and chance as a concept **ends** sometime. It's how the system works. You're absolutely right, if you flip a coin twice, there's nothing to prevent you from getting tails twice. But, say you flip that coin 1,000 times, the amount of times you've gotten heads vs tails will be pretty damn close to 50/50. It's the same concept here. If, over 1000 flips, the coin was coming up tails significantly more than heads, you would probably assume that something was wrong. Maybe the coin is one of those fake coins, that is weighted to come up the wrong side. Or maybe it has been impacted in some way as to affect the flip result. And like I said, over the short term, yes, it's possible he's just getting unlucky. But over the long term, if he consistently plays and goes nowhere, it's his fault. That's just how it works.
: > [{quoted}](name=RoguePanda99,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=75dvcxc6,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-02-02T06:01:15.635+0000) > > Except that it's 100% true. You ARE the common denominator in your games. Now, over the short term, shit happens. That's certainly true. Even players that are truly better than their elo can go on short term losing streaks. But over time, if you are better than your elo, it will bear out in your rank> You will climb. That's just how it works. And it's true - you ARE the common denominator in your games. If you are playing hundreds of games and are not climbing, it's because you don't deserve to climb and you need to work to better yourself as a player. Explain this scenario then: If I am better than my elo, but get matched with 2-4 players that are worse than their elo, who wins? Many people always talk about needing to be better than the elo in order to climb, but what if your team was players worse than the elo, there is a point in every game where there is nothing you can to do come back from it. you could probably put a challenger with 4 bronze inting players against a 5 man gold team and the challenger would lose, I'm not saying I should be a challenger, or that my teamates are all bronze players, but it occurs often enough where it becomes questionable.
> [{quoted}](name=VOLT3N,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=75dvcxc6,comment-id=000c0001,timestamp=2018-02-02T15:56:09.917+0000) > > Explain this scenario then: If I am better than my elo, but get matched with 2-4 players that are worse than their elo, who wins? Many people always talk about needing to be better than the elo in order to climb, but what if your team was players worse than the elo, there is a point in every game where there is nothing you can to do come back from it. you could probably put a challenger with 4 bronze inting players against a 5 man gold team and the challenger would lose, I'm not saying I should be a challenger, or that my teammates are all bronze players, but it occurs often enough where it becomes questionable. Go back to where I said "shit happens". Yes, sometimes, there will be games where there is just nothing you can do. Shit happens. Over time that doesn't matter though. It will ultimately come down to whether or not you are better than your elo. And a 2.0 kda is okay, I guess, in games you are losing. It's certainly not good though, nothing to brag about. And less than that is pretty much inexcusable. There are very few games where, if you did all you could do, you will end with a kda that's ~1.3-1.7. That's a pretty bad kda. And as far as the challenger thing goes, that doesn't happen consistently - If you're trying to tell me that every player on your team is consistently worse than the players on the other team, I'm telling you right now that just isn't true. It can't be true, that's not how the ranking system works. The enemy team is always going to be similar in rank to your team. Sometimes there are outliers, but for most games that's true. The outliers will cancel each other out, and ultimately it will come down to you as a player.
: i rather climb the latter. and being raped by diamonds in normals sound so much better. is there a ticket i can submit or something or do i just quit playing because im not going to be good enough and everyone will always be mad at me.
if you are gonna tell me that you consistently fight diamonds in normals im gonna call some bullshit. dont worry what other people think of you just play the game and have fun, if people get mad at you just mute them. If you want a friend group to play with you're welcome in my discord, add me on league RoguePanda99
Krigjer (NA)
: Concerning one-tricks.
but how do get better if cant play other champs :thinking
: ive lost 11 ranked silver v games.
first of all thank you for realizing that you're the common denominator and that you're not failing to climb because of elo hell or some shit but second of all why not just take a break from ranked? If you know you're just gonna tank in elo for awhile, chill in norms until you get better. Don't waste all that elo, you will regret it in the future when you're tryna climb out of bronze 5
Seen (NA)
: You enter the workforce with that attitude, you'd be forever a beta and never reach anywhere. Instead of being a little bitch and taking the blame for everything, learn to accept that there are somethings that are out of your control and it is the other party's fault. If you want to spend your entire career cleaning up other people's mess that's your choice.
that's not even close to true. If you enter the workforce with that attitude you learn from the people around you and you become really good at what you do and get more responsibility/make more money. And besides, who DOESN'T want to hire someone that's really good at fixing your problems for you?
: Imagination is looking for a top, mid, and jungle. Diamond - high plat
: im not a toxic player, i receive a lot of honors after my games a lot of the time, but its strange to just lose a whole acct like this. imo
yeah if this is uncommon for you definitely try to appeal it. and in the future try to avoid the phrase "kys' because it's one of the trigger words/phrases that riot considers to be hate speech.
rewt127 (NA)
: How do people even enjoy laning
what exactly are your problems with laning? I think it's incredibly fun. Every single second you're fighting with the enemy laner, every move you make is based off of them. Every cs you take, every step you make, everything you do is constantly micro-managed to deal with the enemy laner. To try to get ahead of him, to try to bully him around and push him around, or to try to avoid getting pushed around. I think that's really fun, you're constantly being challenged by somebody else, constantly tested. who will win the test? {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Perma BAN over this chat log
tbh that does seem incredibly excessive. My guess is you had been reported a lot before, and that was just the straw that broke the camel's back. If not, then probably appeal it because that seems like an extreme response to a relatively minor infraction
: > [{quoted}](name=RoguePanda99,realm=NA,application-id=K6EGEal2,discussion-id=z0Nxy6HZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-02T06:05:56.532+0000) > > only if you're hot {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} That's a hard one
I mean we can still be friends if you aren't, but I'll only carry you if you are {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: CREATE MORE RANKS STUPID RIOT... IM DAMN SICK OF ALL THESE DAMN MORONS ON MY TEAM F**K
Except this falls apart for the same reason every other post whining about elo hell falls apart - the players you're against are the same rank as you. Your team sucks, yes, but the enemy team is going to suck just as much. The common denominator is you.
: From what I've seen it's more a mindset of "these people are bad and deserve to lose, and I'm mad, so I'm going to make them lose". It's not about the winning and losing, it's about being matched with people they view as inferior players who do not belong at their skill rating.
but isn't the reason they're mad because they want to win? That's the root of their anger, isn't it?
: why cant i get out of BRONZE V!?!?!?!?
literally just play darius in bronze. Nobody knows how to deal with him.
L34F (NA)
: my team "opened" at 3 minutes and I tried defending the base 1v5 = I got banned for int feeding
ye post the replay, tbh it sounds like you're probably not telling the whole truth. If that is exactly what happened tho then I agree it's fucked up
Ace1243 (NA)
: yup :C
but yeah I never understood that logic of inters like that. "I'm mad at my team because they're bad and I don't want to lose, so I'm going to int and make it even more certain that we're going to lose" ????????????????????????????????? like wut
: Looking for decent players to play the game with.
only if you're hot {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: "You are the common denominator in every one of your games"
Also your average KDA on most of your champions in ranked is roughly 2 or less. . . which is not very good. That leads me to believe that you are at least partially at fault for the loss in most of the losses.
: "You are the common denominator in every one of your games"
Except that it's 100% true. You ARE the common denominator in your games. Now, over the short term, shit happens. That's certainly true. Even players that are truly better than their elo can go on short term losing streaks. But over time, if you are better than your elo, it will bear out in your rank> You will climb. That's just how it works. And it's true - you ARE the common denominator in your games. If you are playing hundreds of games and are not climbing, it's because you don't deserve to climb and you need to work to better yourself as a player.
Ace1243 (NA)
: silver elo is the worst :(
srry people are toxic at every elo. people are just shitty and the entire human race is fucked {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
: "I'd rather have a toxic teammate than a bad one"
Except that this mentality is usually in itself the mentality of a toxic person. Your team mates are not "bad". They might do bad, but if you're queued up with them it's usually because you're a similar skill level. Everyone has bad games.
Lampost (NA)
: i don't understand why people do this
if it's not in ranked who cares, off meta stuff is fun. As long as they were actually trying to make the picks work just relax and have fun.
: Nerf!!
Your poll is very confusing, but I'll just tell you yasuo is not very good rn. His win rate is very close to a solid 50%. If he gets nerfed in any meaningful way, he will become totally unusable. If there is an enemy yasuo that was 0/7, and he got a pentakill from behind, that is on you guys because you must have played extremely poorly to let him get that pentakill.
Arshida7 (EUNE)
: RIOT dont care about low elo players !!! the reason that yasuo dont get nerf is that high elo players can beat him and thats very bad because 90% of players are low elo and riot dont care about them . yasuo is a good example of bad design . each of his kit is ok but all together combined his kit becomes night mare . go to profile of each yasuo player you see most of them have one thing in common : they play this 5 champ : yasuo zed fiz draven katarina . this guys are people that abuse unbalanced champs and ruin the game for others and riot is to blame for not nerfing them. that was my hones opinion hate me for it if u want :)
Yasuo's bronze and silver win rate is 52%. That is not crazy overpowered. And the only reason his win rate is that high is because he is a champion favored by smurfs because he has a high skill ceiling, if you take out smurfs he's probably sittin pretty at about 50%
: But it does mean it is so...I witnessed it with my own eyes and used the powers of deductive reasoning to come to the conclusion he is broken and overused because he is op. I have went to school for game design and my whole life of playing ALOT of videogames tends to give me a very good idea what is and is not good game design
His win rate is 50.85% on champion.gg That doesn't mean everything, but it definitely doesn't scream "overpowered". If they nerf him in any way he will become totally un-usable. Idgaf about your supposed game design experience, it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. You just are. He's not overpowered. Toxic design maybe, unfun to the game maybe. I would probably agree that his design is toxic. Riot would too, they are planning on reworking him. He simply isn't, however, overpowered. He's just empirically not. The stats bear out that he is, if anything, in a weak spot.
: Hi. First, I know that I'm no god at this game, but what I'm frustrated the most, is that my teammates lose their lanes consistently. Last game i had a leaver, i play way more good to this elo, I ward, help lanes, I do everything I can. Somehow I lose. I'm sure I do way more to be on this elo. This game mmr is probably bugged anyway.
if you keep telling yourself that you're never going to get better and you'll always be at the same rank. Sorry, but you clearly aren't playing that well. The ranked system in this game is pretty good. If you are better than your rank, you will climb over time. That's how it works. If you aren't better than the average for your rank, you will stay stuck or go down.
: Ranked games tilt, win loss situation
you are consistently average. Your average kda on your best champions is only 2-2.5, so if you want to start winning more than you're losing you have to start consistently performing better.
Rioter Comments
AntonEgo (NA)
: How Hard is it to Get Banned for Flaming
there's some phrases that will trigger the system like kill yourself and %%%got or %%%, but if you stay away from stuff like that it's actually pretty hard.
Warios (NA)
: You will obtain the orbs that are awarded post honor 5 sooner, and they are superior to the lvl 1-2 rewards. What you don't get up front is paid back greater at the back side.
> [{quoted}](name=Warios,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kgxe8K3N,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-20T23:25:17.920+0000) > > You will obtain the orbs that are awarded post honor 5 sooner, and they are superior to the lvl 1-2 rewards. > > What you don't get up front is paid back greater at the back side. no that's the opposite then - if you were honor level 5 you'll get more right away but ultimately have less to show for it than someone else who started lower and made it as far.
: Why isn't there a vote-to-dodge system yet?
yasuo support is not necessarily trolling. although if you're jungling without smite you're probably trolling soooo that is unfortunate
Hμghes (EUW)
: theres a reason why league will forever be the game with the most toxicity
Nayzumi (NA)
: Wowie! My first ranked game of the season and I get 3 afk's, get told to kill myself because i'm 0/1
I think this game is fun and I think the toxicity of the community is overstated and my guess is if you are flamed at as much as you say you should probably look in the mirror because there is a high chance you're instigating a lot of it yourself
: No, the major complaint is that games are decided by 10 to 15 minutes in and the remaining 5-20 minutes is one team bragging in all chat how good they are while the losing side attempts to surrender only to have the vote turn out 2 to 3 or even 2 to 2 (because players often rage quit now more than ever before) every time until the winning team is 5-manning the nexus.
I really don't feel like that's true. I don't feel like games are decided any earlier than they used to be, tbh I think that shit is in people's heads (probably because early surrender is a thing now)
Kai Guy (NA)
: You did not say that. However, do you really think a majority of players would enjoy or benefit from a minority of their team who can easily be duoing on smurfs/alts to troll would appreciate or desire to lose gamse that they where ahead and winning to a 2 man FF? If the answer is no, your being a jerk to panda for no real reason just because you did not say something verbatim.
aww thanks for saying it so I didnt have to. Even though I'm going to anyway. Yeah, basically my point still stands regardless of if the reason he wants to surrender is that they are losing or not.
Rioter Comments
Eedat (NA)
: Illaoi is the new Darius
honestly I don't understand why people have such a hard time fighting illaoi in laning phase. She isn't that bad
: Why are tanks are busted?
if you are getting 1v1'd by a tank as a vayne and you aren't insanely behind, it's operator error
: Number of Surrender Votes
if you dont enjoy playing the game just because you're losing you dont have the right to end the fun someone else on your team might be having.
: yeah those guys are literally playing more matches and possibly trolling another player, I checked the Zeds match history and he is still able to play I'm just surprised that Riot doesn't do anything against cyber bullying, these kind of people will literally get away with it since they go in groups to verbally abuse random solo players... this is just sad
that's not how it works. It doesn't matter if they're in groups, because # of reports doesn't matter, it's how many games you get reported in that matters.
: It is overpowered.....he gets free shit for the sake of free shit....why dont they just make an Opra skin while we are at it. He is overpowered
you can say it but it doesnt make it so
: Im gonna stop playing League
sounds like you struggle to manage video games with the rest of your life, in which case it is probably an addiction, in which case I would agree with you and recommend that you stop playing {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: > [{quoted}](name=RoguePanda99,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mHAsyr4r,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-01T05:06:38.767+0000) > > "my experience trumps everything else" well I mean I AM the one actually playing in high Diamond and not just observing it and giving impressions. You can definitely believe me.
well my perspective from playing against people in all elos is that toxicity levels are relatively equal across most ranks, and I think that the idea that people get more toxic as you get higher in rank is mostly perpetuated by the fact that games get harder to carry as you climb higher because people are better. So for example, if you are a diamond smurf climbing through silver, things seem a lot less toxic than they would to you in diamond because the games are easier and people are generally nicer and get along better if they are winning. In diamond, you are much closer to your actual skill level. Not every game is a stomp, games are harder to carry and therefore there are more arguments because games tend to be closer. I think that probably whatever skill level you are, the most toxic elo for you will be right where your skill level caps {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Show more

RoguePanda99

Level 83 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion