: junglers are still being punished for feral flare
Eh it feels more like Riot can't find what they want junglers to do. They want junglers to play passively, then proceed to nerf anything that would promote farming. Then they complain junglers are ganking too much at level 3. Half the time it feels like they don't even play the game and just listen to whatever people are complaining about. Powerfarming becomes too OP, they nerf that to encourage ganking. Ganking becomes too prevalent they nerf that to encourage farming which they will then proceed to nerf.
Destaice (NA)
: Fallout 76 players banned for being homophobic.
>I don’t even know where to begin explaining everything wrong with this post so let’s just start here. You don't even know where to begin with understanding it, let alone giving a rebuttal. >Was because people genuinely believe the group did nothing wrong and don’t deserve punishment for their actions. Which went beyond a joke into harassment. They didn’t choose a random group of people. They chose a group who they believed were gay and admitted they did it with the intention of offending them. That’s I’ll intent. Did I deny this? No. I'm just treating harassment as harassment and not treating it like it's somehow 50x more important because there was a gay person, or a perceivably gay person. Understand? >Why should gay players have to stop playing and server hop when they’re being targeted for harassment? They have the right to play the game without being targeted for who they are. Because EVERYONE FUCKING ELSE DOES IT. You get harassed in games for no reason. If you can't deal with it you're better off just backing the fuck away from it than trying to make a big deal out of it. In League if someone is being a raging jerk, you mute them and just ignore their existence. You don't sit there and try to reason or argue with them. You give them zero attention. >People treat harassment differently based on the group being harassed due to the difficulties those groups face. Harassment should always be viewed as harassment. By treating it differently you're creating the illusion that things are all different and deserve different treatment and work against your goal. Again, harassment doesn't suddenly become Super Saiyan Harassment because a person is gay irl. >As humans we tend to be more sympathetic towards those who regularly face discrimination. A group doesn't apply to a person. Just because some black people during civil rights got hit with dogs and firehoses doesn't mean every black person did. >But acting like people view harassment differently for no reason is selective ignorance. Except they do. The only reason in your own defense you give a shit is because this guy is gay and gays are discriminated. You wouldn't give the faintest fuck if this was a straight person being ambushed by a group of gays screaming "FUCK STRAIGHT PEOPLE!" In fact you wouldn't even hear about it except for "xD funny meme lul!" Again. Notice the disparity between a black person killing a black person's coverage vs a white person killing a black person's coverage. Or people who talk about the discrimination towards refugees but when you bring up South Africa where people are actually being killed for their race, they don't really give a damn. Don't pretend people don't view harassment differently based on the person or their characteristics, they most certainly do.
Destaice (NA)
: Fallout 76 players banned for being homophobic.
>"Installation = agreeing to the ToS." Can you give me more information? Typically when you go to install a game, or almost any program it brings up a terms of use that you must agree to before the installer will proceed. In some cases with launchers the terms of use are on the launcher itself and implied to be extended to the games within it unless otherwise stated. >Here is the Bethesda ToS which may apply to all of their online games and I do,in fact, see a rule that was broken: Nobody disputed a rule was broken. A player was harassed and people are up in arms not because harassment happened, but because of a characteristic of the victim, or perceived characteristic. If this was some straight white person nobody would care for writing an article. I really hate using that fallback but that's absolutely the case. Hell they'd probably get more harassment akin to "suck it up you privileged baby." or "Boo hoo white tears!" You remove any context of homophobia from this and nobody would care, or they certainly wouldn't be pretending to care as much as they are. Just like how if a black guy shoots another black guy you won't hear about it, notice the radio silence in Chicago about the problem. However if a white guy shoots a black guy you almost immediately have 1000 articles about it speculating about racial motives, four different accounts of what happened, and a national discussion about the "race problem in the country." Meanwhile the journalist hacks who write these clickbait articles hear more clicks than a Nigerian debate team (and no that isn't racist) from outraged people who are tilting at windmills.
Roxãs (EUW)
: Twisted Treeline needs a rework
Riot initially had only a single map and nothing else. People cried and begged for a smaller map for more casual games. Riot gave them original Twisted Treeline which saw next to zero play and certainly no serious gameplay outside of four teams who actually tried to ladder 3v3. As such Riot forgot about it. Later people begged for Twisted Treeline to be remade so it would be more appealing, Riot did this and the same happened. People also begged for another casual game mode that was more fun. This was Dominion which almost immediately was abandoned by the playerbase despite it being all they'd talk about for upwards of half a year and how "awesome" it would be. People need to quit begging for things just so they can quit them after four days of playing with them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=34yrHETE,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T02:03:49.366+0000) > > They're pretty much the same across all games. Don't cheat, don't buy currency or boosting, don't account share, don't go out of your way to harass someone, don't be a bigot. List goes on. Is this the long way of saying "no there is not ToS agreement or rule list when booting up FO76?" Personally speaking, I find this very unfair. Rules should be made known to people before they are punished for them. (Except unspeakable rules that apply to all games, even irl ones, like "no cheating.") I know that similar games, like Call of Duty, do not ban for bigotry at all. People can just mute others. I believe this to be the superior option.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=34yrHETE,comment-id=000a0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T02:05:28.603+0000) > > Is this the long way of saying "no there is not ToS agreement or rule list when booting up FO76?" > > Personally speaking, I find this very unfair. You sign a TOS when you install the game. It's available online anyway and appears every so often when you boot up the game. If you want to read the TOS it's readily available for you with even 15 seconds of effort. You'd spend more time trying to open the game and find it in the menus if it exists in those than just googling it from their site.
: > [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=34yrHETE,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2018-12-01T14:09:33.592+0000) > > Nearly every TOS outlines rules against unwarranted and excessive harassment. Many also outline strict rules against racism, sexism, and homophobia. Is there some readable rule list or ToS agreement when booting up f76? It's good to know what can get you banned. bans in shooters is usually reserved for cheaters/hackers and i prefer the hands-off approach other shooters like CoD use where you can just mute someone. imo the only reason the gang got reported was that the people they were outplaying got salty they were bad and simply wanted revenge.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=34yrHETE,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T14:52:43.770+0000) > > Is there some readable rule list or ToS agreement when booting up f76? It's good to know what can get you banned. They're pretty much the same across all games. Don't cheat, don't buy currency or boosting, don't account share, don't go out of your way to harass someone, don't be a bigot. List goes on.
Destaice (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Aarron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=34yrHETE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:29:49.491+0000) > > Imagine writing an article on this > Just ban them for breaking the rules and move on, why does this deserve special attention The main reason it got this kind of attention was because he had to post this stuff on social media to get Bethesda’s attention about it. I think it’s worth talking about because many people actually think this kind of behavior is okay.
> [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=34yrHETE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:35:17.008+0000) > > The main reason it got this kind of attention was because he had to post this stuff on social media to get Bethesda’s attention about it. > > I think it’s worth talking about because many people actually think this kind of behavior is okay. No the main reason this got attention is because people feel it necessary to classify harassment towards specific groups as somehow significantly more severe than just harassment. People actually believe there's some tremendous difference between something like harassing a Caucasian christian and harassing an <insert minority race here> homosexual when at their core they are both despicable acts of harassment. The harassment doesn't somehow become magnitudes worse because the person happens to be black, or brown, or gay, or purple, or straight, or transgender, or even muslim. It's still harassment end of the day, shitty across the board in an equal capacity. The main theme of this whole thing is kid makes a shitty joke that he carries too far with some friends. Instead of being a normal human being like anyone else who deals with this harassment on Fallout 76 and switching worlds which is literally done by pressing "Exit to Main Menu" and pressing "Play" again. The streamer instead decides to cry about their hurt feelings to Bethesda and make a large spectacle about the whole thing with the express purpose of attention. Both to "I don't feel they'll do anything so I'm going to inflate the issue until I feel vindicated instead of just presuming they'll get what's coming to them if they carry on." As well as I GUARANTEE YOU hoping this would generate enough of a shitstorm that they'd get a ton of pity viewers and some monetary benefit from the whole thing. You don't see me crying about how abused I am when someone cracks a transgender joke. Half the time I actually laugh if it was a good one. If it honestly bothers me I put them on ignore. If it's a game where they grief me I just log out and resume playing when I am confident I won't be dealing with them again. Also for the record if anyone actually read the above, or just reads this final sentence: Keep in mind we're talking about a game where some people were actually so offended of a game taking place in WEST VIRGINIA having BOTH UNION AND CONFEDERATE UNIFORMS AVAILABLE AS OUTFITS. You're dealing with some pretty fickle people who play the game. They're about as whiny as people who say you're abusing them when you tell them to quit trying to duel the 4-0 Riven when they're 0-4.
: There are people on this planet who think...
>Man-made global warming/climate change is a myth? It really speaks volumes about how intellectually dishonest the opposing viewpoint has to be to somehow draw that conclusion. Aside from the like 5 people you'll find who actually believe climate change is a hoax, it's mostly skepticism over our impact. These skepticisms are somewhat reasonably justified by the fact every "doomsday is coming" prediction has been horribly wrong. Ask Al Gore how Mt. Kilimanjaro is doing, or how polar bears are doing. What was it, there were 7000 and they'd be extinct by 2013 and now they're upwards of like 25,000-30,000? I find the mere titling of "Climate Change" to be underhanded. Global Warming was pretty specific as to what would happen despite some idiots meming about "it's a hoax because it was cold yesterday!" Climate Change as a title is so nebulous that what can, and has happened is any example of the climate changing as it naturally does the sycophants point to it and scream "THIS PROVES IT!" These people are just as deranged as the idiots who said Global Warming was fake because they were holding a snowball. Go back through history and you'll see the world has both been far hotter than it is now, and far colder than it is now. Regardless of your viewpoint though. You have to admit, and this is true about everything. The more apocalyptic claims one side makes about something, the lower the bar actually stands for the opposing side. So the more doomsday predictions get made that never come true, the more hyperbolic that side becomes. Another example is the Great Wall of MAGA's cost. The number has continuously going up and all Trump has to do is come in under their outlandish prediction on cost and time and even if it's a ridiculous sum, he still looks more sane than people swearing his wall will take 20 years and 500 billion dollars to construct.
Cynicatt (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zertryx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XP3EQ5gt,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-01T10:19:27.299+0000) > > Fallout 76 is more fun than LoL right now soo ... worth the money i spent. just because it's more fun than something you don't enjoy doesn't excuse it. It's literal copy-pasted code, models and animations from Fallout 4 and Skyrim just with some texture work done. They didn't even bother to remove references to fallout 4 from the shit they copied over. Something like that should never be worth full price.
> [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XP3EQ5gt,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-12-01T11:10:05.032+0000) > > just because it&#x27;s more fun than something you don&#x27;t enjoy doesn&#x27;t excuse it. It&#x27;s literal copy-pasted code, models and animations from Fallout 4 and Skyrim just with some texture work done. They didn&#x27;t even bother to remove references to fallout 4 from the shit they copied over. > Something like that should never be worth full price. TFW people worship the fuck out of Fallout 3: New Vegas despite it did the same thing. Why is this so hard for people to grasp that Fallout 76 isn't a new game or intended to be, nor advertised as a new game? It's been very clearly Bethesda's attempt at making a Fallout 4 online mod. You take what you get. It doesn't help that people for years have cried for online variants to these games, and now that Bethesda is making the effort to try and find how that would feasibly work for future installments if they try to incorporate the functionality they decide it's time to cry because it isn't perfect. I'm not trying to make an excuse for Bethesda because this is pretty laughable but people are deliberately being obtuse. Hypothetically speaking if they completely overhauled the engine and made the game actually work, people would cry it doesn't "feel" like Fallout because not surprisingly. . . the premise of the damn game doesn't make sense for multiplayer outside of how it might be justified in story. The whole gameplay aspect? Hell no. It's the same case with Elder Scrolls Online.
: Going 0/8 in lane should just result in a ban
I do believe consistent poor performance in ranked games should result in some form of restriction from ranked games until you can display a consistent trend of not dragging a team down. Problem is, proving intent is often pretty hard here because Riot really doesn't want to ban somebody who's actually just really terrible. Or in the excuse they lay out for these players "Having a bad game" yet have been "having bad games" apparently for the last 10 of them. If anything though, I'm not really ever annoyed at the feeder on my team as much as the guy on the other team who thinks he's good because his lane opposition was a pushover. It's not bad when they're silent but when you have someone on your team say "Report X" and of course this sperg has to respond with "No I'm just really good." or "I'm smurfing. xD my main is <insert BS ELO here you know is fake because they're silver 4 with 300 games played and sub 50% win rate>" You see this most often in gold. I remember seeing it in a lot of games where I was playing Nocturne (I have a 90% win rate on him this season) and I'd just target whoever on their team was talking shit for the sole purpose of shutting them up. It is pretty fun because they go from "I'm so good I can 1v5 you" to "omfg noob team gg" P.S - Silver and Gold are practically the same ELO. Players don't start appearing to have brains come mid Plat from what I recall during Season 4. I doubt it's changed much, gold was always a joke ELO.
CLG ear (NA)
: mods are murder
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=u7Emtxi5,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-07-01T05:48:43.195+0000) > > mods are murder Moderation in a lot of cases is necessary for when things get too far but the problem is moderation is a role that deals with incredibly subjective parameters. Some broad categories are listed but a lot of them are left up to subjective terms. For example, how do we define "harassment" exactly? To some it's a continued trend of abuse. To others it can happen in single isolated incidents I think it was a step in the right direction for the moderation to reach out to people who tended to be active in the community since ideally they could have that familiarity with posters to know if they're truly being aggressive or it's something being misread. Unfortunately that is a two way street that can and likely will be abused if it isn't being already being abused but flying under the radar. Ultimately, I see this going the exact same way as counselors went in Ultima Online which ended horribly because having players be voluntary gamemasters led to some people either justifiably or falsely claiming counselors were abusing their power and telling their friends over ICQ where they were if they were stuck, etc. Which is the other problem, even if the moderator is being totally fair, if the poster feels their post was removed for personal reasons and can make a fair claim of a beef they had with the person within recent days, it causes a headache for everyone. Last thing I want is to give people more ammo to justify their false assumptions that everyone is out to get them. Especially since GD consists of like 10 active people who all know each other. So some names it's pretty hard to not be aware of if you use the forum more than once a year.
AssauIto (NA)
: Why are there still Trump rallies?
P.S - More people are dying each year because they have zero access to energy than people dying from manmade climate change even by the most generous of estimates. 15% of the world still has no access to electricity, and green energy is significantly out of their reach, as well as wildly inefficient and inconsistent as hell. This is why some cities using only green energy would have droughts based on the environment, and surpluses when they could actually generate it. It's significantly better for developing nations to actually have access to energy via fossil fuels being far more efficient and attainable so they can achieve their industrial revolutions than to just keep leaving them with nothing.
AssauIto (NA)
: Why are there still Trump rallies?
>China isn't paying into it because they haven't really begun to acknowledge that there's actually a problem. Whether or not it's good for the economy is completely fucking irrelevant if it's going to result in everyone on the planet dying. No, they're not paying into it because it literally goes against the entire backbone of their progression as a nation. Maybe if you understood how other countries actually function you'd divorce yourself from this fantasy world. There are A LOT more threats that are immediate than Climate Change. Someone mentioned viruses becoming immune to antibiotics. Islam's rapid expansion and visible disdain for Western Civilization potentially leading us into another war or being overrun. . . Yeah Climate Change is CLEARLY the number one concern for everyone. . . >I actually almost exclusively use public transit, and it's not possible for me to not use fossil fuels where I live. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to care about the issue, and that doesn't mean that nothing should be done about it. No, but it drastically limits my ability to take what you have to say seriously. If you rode a bicycle everywhere, or a skateboard I might be more inclined to take you seriously. Then again, you just had to defend "IT'S ALMOST A DEGREE!" as if that changes anything about the discussion, so I wouldn't take you seriously anyway. I'm not saying nothing should be done about it, I'd be fine with us rejoining the Paris Agreement under less ridiculous terms with a better result and an actual plan. In fact Trump even said he's fine with renegotiating the terms of the Paris Agreement. However they're instead kicking their feet and screaming about "YOU CAN'T PULL OUT!" instead of working to reach a solid conclusion. Know what the best part of this whole thing is? We have someone in power who understands that the world needs the United States, significantly more than we need them. He is using that weight and influence as a bargaining chip because we are done essentially paying for the third world because it's not our fucking job to do. >Also, Germany is mostly phasing out their nuclear power generation, not their fossil fuel power generation. Maybe you should stop trying to talk about things you don't fully understand. Actually right now they're working at cutting coal and nuclear power. They're decreased from last year, so instead of dodging the answer, explain to me why despite reduced use of these two things their emissions are STILL UP.
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=o1uHBz7L,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T17:50:54.671+0000) > > And by the UNs own model, the US dropping 100 trillion into it would result in less than a degree of change. . . over a century. . . maybe. The reason we pulled out is because the 3 countries they say as emitting the most: USA, China, and India. Of those 3, the only one contributing in the top 10 is America. We&#x27;re yet again footing the bill for everyone else. > > What&#x27;s funny is I bet you can&#x27;t even tell me anything of the Paris Agreement past &quot;its about climate change&quot;. Even the guy who made Climate Change a real concern said the Paris Agreement wouldn&#x27;t do shit. The Paris agreement is significantly better than doing nothing, and having the US pull out of it makes it a lot less likely that other countries will take the problem seriously. It basically signifies that one of the biggest countries on the planet doesn't actually care about cutting emmissions. People talk about climate change as if it's this minor issue that we can deal with whenever, but in reality it's probably the single biggest threat to the world right now. Paris was the first step in getting the world to acknowledge that fact, and the US pulling out will likely cause it to collapse.
> [{quoted}](name=Thalía,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=o1uHBz7L,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T17:55:13.191+0000) > > The Paris agreement is significantly better than doing nothing, and having the US pull out of it makes it a lot less likely that other countries will take the problem seriously. It basically signifies that one of the biggest countries on the planet doesn&#x27;t actually care about cutting emmissions. > > People talk about climate change as if it&#x27;s this minor issue that we can deal with whenever, but in reality it&#x27;s probably the single biggest threat to the world right now. Paris was the first step in getting the world to acknowledge that fact, and the US pulling out will likely cause it to collapse. No, it's actually worse than nothing. 100 trillion for LESS THAN A DEGREE of fix? Yeah, totally worth the value there instead of other things. Read what I said. By the UN's OWN MODEL, for 100 trillion over 100 years they MIGHT be able to reduce the overall temperature by LESS THAN A DEGREE. I think it was like 1/3 or something. For reference, 100 trillion is about 5x our current National Debt which has already been said is snowballing to the point we'll NEVER get it paid off. There is a reason China isn't paying into it. Because they're capable of understanding how strong industry is. CO2 emissions are DIRECTLY linked with technological advancements. Though I find it funny to be lectured on the environment by somebody who likely DRIVES A CAR EVERYWHERE THEY GO COURTESY OF PETROL, while they bitch about how much they care about the environment. Even better, look at Germany who forced their entire country to go to Green Energy. Riddle me why their CO2 emissions are STILL INCREASING despite this? Until people who believe in the Left's way of thinking can actually understand how limited money is, they should shut up about where we should allocate money. Maybe when you lot start actually working and paying bills or real living expenses you'll wisen up. Throw 100 trillion to less than a degree of fix because of an agreement denounced by the guy who made climate change a mainstream concern as "nothing more than empty promises, no actual plan." Then we also need to provide more benefits for people who aren't even our citizens. Then we need to invest more money into other outlets of green energy that ironically the Left fights against. Can't erect windmills in this desert because it endangers some random breed of mosquito or bird. The Left policies ALL demand outrageous sums of money we don't have. Their solution to fund all of it? Hurr durr just tax the rich more! As if they aren't just going to move to a different country because they're paying the living expenses of the entire country. When the Left presents a policy and a plan to fund it that isn't "increase taxes" or "cut military spending" I'll start listening.
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=o1uHBz7L,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-06-04T17:42:29.875+0000) > > The Rust Belt that flipped on Hillary? I guarantee you the Rust Belt that flipped on Hillary because the Democrats did everything in their power to try and cripple industry because &quot;muh climate change&quot; is VERY happy about the Paris Agreement pullout. Yeah, that would be great except that there's actually a climate problem and ignoring it isn't going to make it go away.
> [{quoted}](name=Thalía,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=o1uHBz7L,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2017-06-04T17:46:42.055+0000) > > Yeah, that would be great except that there&#x27;s actually a climate problem and ignoring it isn&#x27;t going to make it go away. And by the UNs own model, the US dropping 100 trillion into it would result in less than a degree of change. . . over a century. . . maybe. The reason we pulled out is because the 3 countries they say as emitting the most: USA, China, and India. Of those 3, the only one contributing in the top 10 is America. We're yet again footing the bill for everyone else. What's funny is I bet you can't even tell me anything of the Paris Agreement past "its about climate change". Even the guy who made Climate Change a real concern said the Paris Agreement wouldn't do shit.
AssauIto (NA)
: Why are there still Trump rallies?
> [{quoted}](name=AssauIto,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=o1uHBz7L,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-06-04T16:18:30.184+0000) > > He&amp;#039;s been president for a little over 4 and a half months. What&amp;#039;s the point of a Trump rally? Because he's doing something that no politician as of recent has figured out to do. KEEPING HIS CONSTITUENTS CONFIDENT AND MOTIVATED IN HIS ABILITY. This is why the States that flipped on Hillary like Wisconsin did. She, and the Democratic Party flat out ignored them when they needed reassurance the most in what they "would" do for them. The White House Correspondent's Dinner thing was a massive confidence boost for people in Trump's ability. Why? Because instead of him being on some televised dinner event with the liberal elites just slamming him, he opted instead to not go and instead used the time he would have spent there, with his voter base in I believe it was Pennsylvania. The very fact he wasn't ignoring them after they pretty much were the state to give him the White House was a morale boost. The Rust Belt that flipped on Hillary? I guarantee you the Rust Belt that flipped on Hillary because the Democrats did everything in their power to try and cripple industry because "muh climate change" is VERY happy about the Paris Agreement pullout.
Doozku (NA)
: Riot needs to communicate more with Champion Mains when it comes to big Reworks, Nerfs, or Buffs
As a Hecarim main I have to agree on when they decide to communicate about buffs or nerfs. I was saying for months that Hecarim top was going to be broken once people learned about homeguards rush + teleport. When he became top lane's meta pick I still tried to explain the actual problem. Their solution? Nerf him five times in ways that would do absolutely nothing and then realize that Homeguards was enough of a problem that it was better to just make it a late game passive effect. THEN after that nightmare I can FINALLY play my main without metatards autolocking him for a small bit, then Riot decides "LET'S COMPLETELY SCREW WITH TRINITY FORCE AND GIVE IT 10% FREE CDR!" What happened? Hecarim became god tier again, something I said was going to happen when they tooled with trinity force. Riot needs to seriously work on their ability to look forward and predict what the meta will be and it isn't even hard to do. Just realize what items are good on who, look at item buffs and nerfs and think realistically how that champion will be affected.
: Islam needs an enlightenment movement the same way Christianity had one. However, banning muslims and pretending it's going to somehow make it disappear in developed worlds is foolish. Moderate muslims who don't practice the same sort of sexist and anti-Muslim policies are trying to get away from these nut jobs and the last thing we should do is tell the people affected by it the most no.
> [{quoted}](name=HateDaddy,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=J6AuiyuJ,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-03-23T20:43:01.545+0000) > > Islam needs an enlightenment movement the same way Christianity had one. However, banning muslims and pretending it&#x27;s going to somehow make it disappear in developed worlds is foolish. Moderate muslims who don&#x27;t practice the same sort of sexist and anti-Muslim policies are trying to get away from these nut jobs and the last thing we should do is tell the people affected by it the most no. It can't happen because Christianity wasn't a fundamentally barbaric religion to begin with. Sure people want to try and mention the Crusades but actually look at the circumstances involving the Crusades, it was a political war because Islam was spreading and conquering the Western world, and the Crusades were the kickback against being overrun. That's about it. Islam is fundamentally barbaric with how it preaches. Even funnier is people who enjoy things like: Separation of Church and State Women not being oppressed Gays being able to marry Transgenders being allowed to exist Less War Not being forced into a religion SOMEHOW find it necessary to defend an ideology which not only neglects these things, but is outright opposed to them. Christian Extremism is: "We won't bake a cake for gays." Islam Extremism is a beheading, suicide bombing, or worse. Moderate Islam still believes in the Islamic Extremism, they just prefer the Extremists do it. Ultimately, the ideal Muslim is Mohammad the Prophet. For all intents and purposes, he was a terrorist/extremist. He called for the death of infidels, he called for the conquering of the world. As long as he is their ideal image, they'll be this way.
ZaDahaka11 (EUNE)
: "Players who curse at their teammates lose 13% more games" - is this supposed to be a joke?
I began playing, obviously played poorly. People verbally abused the hell out of me so I ended up getting better to avoid this. Now I'm seldom ever the worst player on my team, or the reason we lose. Meanwhile it seems like anyone who spouts this nonsense of "lul toxic" is always the guy that goes 0-6. Riot made a breeding ground for trolls with how poorly they designed this game as they try to remove solo carrying. Someone fails hard for various reasons, you lose, Riot then says it's your fault and scolds you for getting angry. Meanwhile this game ruining fuckwad is allowed to go to another game and do the same thing. Good thing we let him ruin the emotions of 8 people but God Fucking Forbid you ruin his emotions for being a piece of shit. I wouldn't hate bad players as much as I do if they at least either owned up to their failure, or apologized. Instead they either say nothing, or say it's your fault.
: I did it!
Nice keybinds. . .
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=1WEbp0qK,comment-id=00010000000000010000,timestamp=2016-12-17T10:42:36.515+0000) > > Try Kled also. He&#x27;s hilariously fun in top lane. Not much actually hard counters him and he doesn&#x27;t hard counter much himself. Great alternative to Gnar imho with a little bit more teamwork added in. I might try him out, until a gnar balance change comes into play that may help my play with gnar
> [{quoted}](name=Jigglypuff,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=1WEbp0qK,comment-id=000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2016-12-17T10:45:01.120+0000) > > I might try him out, until a gnar balance change comes into play that may help my play with gnar He plays kinda like Gnar on the idea that he has a defined strong point and weak point. Though unlike Gnar he doesn't begin weak then get stronger. In fact he starts strong and when he's knocked off Skarl he's at his weak point. Though if you know how to fight and get a feel for when your courage will fill as you fight (Like Gnar) you can do what Gnar does in that he baits fights then crushes them with Mega Gnar. Skarl gives you a lot of health back. TBH Kled's level 3 is like busted. Plus his voice over is just amazing with what he says, he's the ideal solo queue player with the voice. "I DON'T NEED A TEAM TO START A TEAM FIGHT!" etc.
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=1WEbp0qK,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-12-17T10:34:05.310+0000) > > If you know how to influence the game, Nocturne curbstomps you into Platinum. Isn&#x27;t really hard to figure out either, just need to not make poor choices. If I really wanted to get to plat or gold I would just pick Yorick, but I actually wanted to play a champion I love and played since they came out.
> [{quoted}](name=Jigglypuff,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=1WEbp0qK,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2016-12-17T10:38:06.268+0000) > > If I really wanted to get to plat or gold I would just pick Yorick, but I actually wanted to play a champion I love and played since they came out. Try Kled also. He's hilariously fun in top lane. Not much actually hard counters him and he doesn't hard counter much himself. Great alternative to Gnar imho with a little bit more teamwork added in.
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=1WEbp0qK,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-12-17T10:34:05.310+0000) > > If you know how to influence the game, Nocturne curbstomps you into Platinum. Isn&#x27;t really hard to figure out either, just need to not make poor choices. I really didn't want to play someone just to get me somewhere... it's sad that I have to resort to that, recently every game I've been playing is completely one sided. I can have an even matchup with a top laner when I'm gnar and they are suppose to counter me and jungler feeds my lane bot feeds and mid feeds, then they take all the turrets by 20 mins, I don't know how people can't defend anything and then I get 3 man ganked and they take both of my turrets when they kill me just once.
> [{quoted}](name=Jigglypuff,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=1WEbp0qK,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-17T10:36:11.112+0000) > > I really didn&#x27;t want to play someone just to get me somewhere... it&#x27;s sad that I have to resort to that, recently every game I&#x27;ve been playing is completely one sided. I can have an even matchup with a top laner when I&#x27;m gnar and they are suppose to counter me and jungler feeds my lane bot feeds and mid feeds, then they take all the turrets by 20 mins, I don&#x27;t know how people can&#x27;t defend anything and then I get 3 man ganked and they take both of my turrets when they kill me just once. Because low elo is full of retards. I agree in that I also hate playing champs to get places but right now my main is absurdly busted and I feel like scum for playing him. So I'm picking my old season 2 main.
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=1WEbp0qK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-12-17T10:28:38.605+0000) > > http://orig09.deviantart.net/189f/f/2016/220/a/d/purple_smart_by_ncmares-dad5f9n.png > > Also MysteriousBootie, how goes the climb? I&#x27;m in Silver 2 already 67 LP. the climb didn't work... I got to silver one with gnar and then learned I can't climb with gnar cuz everyone lets them take turrets and when I try to help they take my turrets... Gnar is just underwhelming nowadays I played like 30 games with him and have 43% winrate last game I played was rammus... first jungle game I played and I stomped because I actually had control, warding... taking all buffs from other jungler counter ganks taking mids flash away etc etc, but when I play top lane I can't carry with Gnar this season.
> [{quoted}](name=Jigglypuff,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=1WEbp0qK,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-12-17T10:31:31.048+0000) > > the climb didn&#x27;t work... I got to silver one with gnar and then learned I can&#x27;t climb with gnar cuz everyone lets them take turrets and when I try to help they take my turrets... Gnar is just underwhelming nowadays I played like 30 games with him and have 43% winrate last game I played was rammus... first jungle game I played and I stomped because I actually had control, warding... taking all buffs from other jungler counter ganks taking mids flash away etc etc, but when I play top lane I can&#x27;t carry with Gnar this season. If you know how to influence the game, Nocturne curbstomps you into Platinum. Isn't really hard to figure out either, just need to not make poor choices.
: Mods are asleep!
http://orig09.deviantart.net/189f/f/2016/220/a/d/purple_smart_by_ncmares-dad5f9n.png Also MysteriousBootie, how goes the climb? I'm in Silver 2 already 67 LP.
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=dUNwache,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-16T09:27:08.131+0000) > > Correct actually. Where at. I live in Omaha lol.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptnJakSparrow,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=dUNwache,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-16T10:01:01.899+0000) > > Where at. I live in Omaha lol. Hastings. AKA where Koolaid comes from.
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=dUNwache,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2016-12-16T09:16:50.644+0000) > > Little Caesar&#x27;s allows this to be done here too. My friend&#x27;s sister worked at Little Caesar&#x27;s and they have on-order pizzas and what they call &quot;Hot n&#x27; Ready&quot; where it&#x27;s already made in a warmer for instant sale. His sister was allowed to take the Hot n&#x27; Ready pizzas home and in winter last year it apparently cut their grocery bill a decent chunk because they hardly had to buy dinner or lunch food. you sound like you're from Nebraska.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptnJakSparrow,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=dUNwache,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2016-12-16T09:18:30.796+0000) > > you sound like you&#x27;re from Nebraska. Correct actually.
Zuphlas (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=dUNwache,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-16T07:51:51.346+0000) > > Because it encourages the night cook to &quot;accidentally&quot; cook too much chicken and be like &quot;oops lol well guess I&#x27;ll just take all this home again lol :^)&quot; > > Also it&#x27;s not fair to morning shift people. My dad was a manager at a little ceaser's when my mom was pregnant with me, and he brought pizza home all the time. Not sure if it was because he was manager, or just because things were different in the 80's.
> [{quoted}](name=Zuphlas,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=dUNwache,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2016-12-16T08:27:04.002+0000) > > My dad was a manager at a little ceaser&#x27;s when my mom was pregnant with me, and he brought pizza home all the time. Not sure if it was because he was manager, or just because things were different in the 80&#x27;s. Little Caesar's allows this to be done here too. My friend's sister worked at Little Caesar's and they have on-order pizzas and what they call "Hot n' Ready" where it's already made in a warmer for instant sale. His sister was allowed to take the Hot n' Ready pizzas home and in winter last year it apparently cut their grocery bill a decent chunk because they hardly had to buy dinner or lunch food.
NotSid (NA)
: Holy shit a customer just completely fucked us over tonight
I used to work at Casey's (convenience store chain the Midwest that also makes pizza and other foods) and there was a guy who called in four pizzas before we closed that never showed up. I asked the cashier I worked with what to do and we ended up throwing the pizzas into the trash (they were boxed) but when we closed we just split them and took them home. The rule at Casey's like almost any place that makes food is you're not supposed to take food that's expired, and within good reason because it just encourages behaviour of "lol I cooked too much and I had to take four pizzas home, sorry." Though I also worked lunch shift from 10-2 which did the same shit where you make foods, put them in the warmer for an hour at which point we consider them expired, take them out and trash the staled items then refill. What me and another guy who worked lunch when I wasn't did was we split the trash bins (we had 2) and all the food went into a bag while all the dust and shit went into the other bag. Then when we dumped trash we just tossed the food bag into our car and took it home. Unethical maybe because it is technically a gray area. One could argue theft though I never cooked more food than necessary to take home, merely took what would get trashed anyway and put it in my fridge. Saved a decent bit on food tbh because everything pretty much staled out but we kept making it because the manager was very "Well in the event someone once a year wants it when they come in, it will be ready." Given for like a period of six months I worked lunch and night 3-4 days a week and I did this every single day I worked I don't think I ever went grocery shopping. Except maybe if I wanted something different than pizza, burger, tenderloin burger/breaded pork sandwich, pulled pork, potato cheese bites, etc. So yeah there's that, if you have two trash bins and know they don't check the garbage out back, just keep a clean bag where you put all the food and put all the filth into the other. Take the food home with you that way because to them you took it out anyway and if they don't check the trash, or see you walk off with it, fair game. If you're afraid it'll look obvious, tie off the food bag and put it inside the trash bag (bag within a bag) then just take it out by the dumpster, throw it in your trunk and throw the filth bag away. Done. The other guy though went a lot further with it like the guy would actually steal. I.E he'd go into the cooler to stock shelves and condense the boxes and any intact box he'd stuff drinks and shit into when he took it out back to the recycle bin. Needless to say a lot of red bull and monster went missing. Dude never got caught either despite how obvious it was to me. Though I also have an eye for these kinds of things because I used to pocket shit a lot when I was like 15 and I was really creative about how I did it. Overall though he was a pretty cool guy, I'd hang out with him outside of work, get high/drunk etc. I guess his reasoning was he felt cheated by the company since they'd make him work almost every day, guilt trip him into covering for people, etc.
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=41OwuwA8,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2016-12-14T09:02:47.633+0000) > > Or better yet they should give Frozen Fist and TF the Hydra/Runaan&#x27;s treatment. One should be only usable by melee, the other should be only usable by ranged. This prevents Trinity Force from making excessive melee champions with stats clearly aimed at ranged characters. Likewise this brings Hecarim and a few other TF abusers in line by forcing them into Frozen Fist or finding an alternative. Except Iceborn Gauntlet is pretty damn clearly a tanky melee item for champions who build armor and want a slow. Trinity Force meanwhile is a generic "do more damage" item. Heck, it's stats work best on most melees, as most melees have a generally spammable ability, like the stickiness from phage, and the 20% Cdr + AS is very useful as most melees are highly incentivized to autoattack often. Meanwhile, most ranged champions are either mages, assassins, or adcs. Mages don't care about TF. Assassins only care about TF if the proc does enough damage to murder people, so generally they don't. Most ADCs don't care about TF because it doesn't help their damage scaling (AD x AS x Crit x Crit damage, except it only provides 2 and in weak amounts which doesn't help) except the ones that can utterly abuse the proc constantly (ezreal, corki, kog'maw). > > This also prevents Riot from making my pony excessively imbalanced because they decide out of nowhere to make an already borderline busted item, even more busted. Nothing pisses me off more than the fact Hecarim is such a high pick/ban right now. In fact nobody could possibly be as infuriated as I am. I want Hecarim in the dirt right now so that way all the sheep get the fuck off my champion and I don&#x27;t feel like such a douchebag for playing him. > > Trinity Force is by far the PERFECT item for Hecarim. ZERO wasted stats and he pretty much abuses the sheen proc off CD because of how Q works. The movement speed from phage is more AD, the attack speed doesn&#x27;t do too much but it&#x27;s noticeable. It fits him just like Ghostblade perfected Nocturne where there wasn&#x27;t a champion in the game who could use the item better. And? What about Irelia, or Yorick, or Nasus?
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=41OwuwA8,comment-id=00010000000100000000,timestamp=2016-12-14T21:19:56.552+0000) > And? What about Irelia, or Yorick, or Nasus? Delete them from the game. While we're on topic, round up anybody who mains Lee Sin and do something with them too. I personally would scrape the teflon off their pots and pans though something violent, or even murderous works well too.
: question about mastery 6 tokens
First of all I don't think you need the shard if you have enough blue essence. I usually upgrade them with S ranks and blue essence because I own every champ and have 240k IP. Blue essence is a nullfactor for me. Second, yeah you do not get any more until you upgrade. Since for 6 they're "Mastery 6 token" and for 7 it's "Mastery 7 token" which you need 3 of.
Bluezy (NA)
: Why call the neutral monster area "Jungle", It looks nothing like a jungle and more like a forest.
I never fully understood why either, for a while in seasons 1-3 I called it "foresting" until my friends decided to rage it was called "Jungling." Agree though, it's far more like a forest.
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=41OwuwA8,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-12-14T07:56:47.669+0000) > > TL:DR - **Hecarim is broken strictly because of how stupid Trinity Force has become. Gut fucking Trinity Force, buff Frozen Fist to make it worth a purchase on ANYONE THAT ISN&#x27;T BLUE EZREAL and Hecarim will balance out.** I PROMISE you. Keep in mind I also promised you if you removed Homeguards as a rush, top lane Hecarim would be dead and that is just what happened. Actually, just buff Iceborn Gauntlet in general and then gut the ever loving fuck out of Ezreal. Fuck Ezreal. His core build should not involve a tanky item that ends up giving him a very high ranged perma slow AS AN ADC.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=41OwuwA8,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2016-12-14T08:50:46.530+0000) > > Actually, just buff Iceborn Gauntlet in general and then gut the ever loving fuck out of Ezreal. Fuck Ezreal. His core build should not involve a tanky item that ends up giving him a very high ranged perma slow AS AN ADC. Or better yet they should give Frozen Fist and TF the Hydra/Runaan's treatment. One should be only usable by melee, the other should be only usable by ranged. This prevents Trinity Force from making excessive melee champions with stats clearly aimed at ranged characters. Likewise this brings Hecarim and a few other TF abusers in line by forcing them into Frozen Fist or finding an alternative. This also prevents Riot from making my pony excessively imbalanced because they decide out of nowhere to make an already borderline busted item, even more busted. Nothing pisses me off more than the fact Hecarim is such a high pick/ban right now. In fact nobody could possibly be as infuriated as I am. I want Hecarim in the dirt right now so that way all the sheep get the fuck off my champion and I don't feel like such a douchebag for playing him. Trinity Force is by far the PERFECT item for Hecarim. ZERO wasted stats and he pretty much abuses the sheen proc off CD because of how Q works. The movement speed from phage is more AD, the attack speed doesn't do too much but it's noticeable. It fits him just like Ghostblade perfected Nocturne where there wasn't a champion in the game who could use the item better.
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=41OwuwA8,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-12-14T07:56:47.669+0000) > > The thing with Hecarim that makes him oppressive is itemization. THIS IS LITERALLY AP SHACO THOUGH SO WHY THE HEAVY NERFS ON HIS ENTIRE KIT? You need THREE ITEMS before you start to actually _do your fucking job_ as an assassin and unless you stole every kill, you won't have them until at least 25-30 minutes in. Which is coming up on late-game, which is where he's _supposed_ to be good. You literally sacrifice your entire early (lol what early? You're playing Shaco.) and mid-game in order to finally do your job during late-game because of a bunch of on-hit items. But nah, better nerf Shaco.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=41OwuwA8,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-12-14T08:28:09.612+0000) > > THIS IS LITERALLY AP SHACO THOUGH SO WHY THE HEAVY NERFS ON HIS ENTIRE KIT? > > You need THREE ITEMS before you start to actually _do your fucking job_ as an assassin and unless you stole every kill, you won&#x27;t have them until at least 25-30 minutes in. > > Which is coming up on late-game, which is where he&#x27;s _supposed_ to be good. You literally sacrifice your entire early (lol what early? You&#x27;re playing Shaco.) and mid-game in order to finally do your job during late-game because of a bunch of on-hit items. But nah, better nerf Shaco. If you could read, you'd have seen the guy I quoted brought up Hecarim and I was just explaining why Hecarim is broken, not that Riot is allowing him to be broken due to numbers.
: 'Shaco was clearly a God-Tier jungler, obliterating enemy ADC and APCs without them getting a chance to retaliate while building full tank-" {{champion:107}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:254}}
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Malpercio,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=41OwuwA8,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-12-14T07:04:18.995+0000) > > &#x27;Shaco was clearly a God-Tier jungler, obliterating enemy ADC and APCs without them getting a chance to retaliate while building full tank-&quot; > > {{champion:107}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:254}} The thing with Hecarim that makes him oppressive is itemization. In season 2 items didn't do him much favors so he was a pretty weak champion with only like four people being able to decently play him. Season 3 brought Elder Lizard which broke him (yeah, one item was enough of a push for him) and resulted in his initial nerf. He later began to resurface when Riot changed Trinity Force to have the current phage passive instead of the weak slow it used to have. Season 4 he was actually in a really good spot, he was strong in the right hands but bad players couldn't excel at him. Season 5 he was about the same in jungle, it was top lane Hecarim that was busted, I.E: Rush Homeguards, teleport back to lane and hit them with a massive E for half their HP. Season 6 he was meh until they reworked Trinity Force AGAIN, to give it 10% more CDR and basically removed the useless stats for Hecarim busting him again. Really all it boils down to is Riot's autistic item changes and utter refusal to fix them when they completely turn the meta upside down or push borderline OP champions into being directly OP and oppressive levels of such. TBH as a Hecarim main (not so much this season right now because bans for fair reason) I want Riot to gut Trinity Force and force us back into using Frozen Fist. It fits him so much better but isn't strong enough to justify the purchase unless you're against a full AD team. Make Frozen Fist Great Again! TL:DR - **Hecarim is broken strictly because of how stupid Trinity Force has become. Gut fucking Trinity Force, buff Frozen Fist to make it worth a purchase on ANYONE THAT ISN'T BLUE EZREAL and Hecarim will balance out.** I PROMISE you. Keep in mind I also promised you if you removed Homeguards as a rush, top lane Hecarim would be dead and that is just what happened.
Parceval (NA)
: "The community overwhelming votes to punish racial and homophobic slurs in the Tribunal system"
Racism like this? http://image.prntscr.com/image/b7723d67fb3046e6b9166052c04ff338.jpeg
: The 5 stages of grief
1) Hillary didn't really lose that state, Trump isn't winning and this isn't serious. 2) TRUMP WON?! BURN EVERYTHING DOWN RIGHT NOW! RIOT, NOT MY PRESIDENT, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 3) Maybe a recount will fix it, surely it had to have been rigged, there's no way he actually won fairly! 4) He actually won fair and square. . . everything is over now. . . 5) Wow, Trump actually is doing a good job and America will be great again.
ZaDahaka11 (EUNE)
: could someone recommend me a good girlfriend?
Because in reality they want a nice guy but every nice guy is a complete beta which is more of a turn off. There's a difference between being a nice guy, and a complete doormat cuck. While treating them like shit is awful, a lot of women see that cocky arrogance as confidence biologically because women are hardwired biologically to seek out alpha males. This means that if you can't offer her any of these: - Dominance in the pack (Alpha Male) - Incredible Stability (I.E a very comfortable life) - Great genetics for her offspring then she will not be interested in being with you/having kids with you. The reason for this is because like men, women look for certain desirable traits for their offspring. So being an alpha male to them shows that their children won't be fucked with and therefore will have a safe development. It's weird and makes little sense for how much women bitch they want nice guys but this is plain old biology which has a lot more power over their decisions. They don't want their children being doormats that can't stick up for themselves that just get pushed around. Since a lot of children will emulate their parents so if their father is a total bitch, the kid will odds are be a total bitch too. From an evolutionary standpoint this means her genetics won't transfer on because the likelihood of that kid mating are low. For incredible stability this means more for not only stability in raising children (Will stick around, and not grossly poor) but just in general how you can take care of her. Mostly biologically they see this as more like if they're pregnant and are unable to hunt and provide for themselves, can you provide for them. Some women see this as more "can you just provide the everything for them no matter what" but typically it pertains to "Can you take care of them when they can't take care of themselves." Great genetics is a very bland term but basically just really good genes to offer her offspring the best advantage in life. I.E genetically having a good build or muscle. Intellect also falls into this one because they don't want incredibly dumb children (Evolution). Though interestingly intellect and genetics is actually more linked to the X chromosome, the one you get from the mother. So that's pretty interesting.
Destaice (NA)
: How many auto attacks does it take to proc Denting Blows twice
ADC Bard (NA)
: waifu thread of the day.
http://i.imgur.com/PqIIXNZ.png
ZaDahaka11 (EUNE)
: a rich guy opened a WOW server and paid people to play with him - insane story..
Nostalrius old PvP and PvE servers launch next week. 17th to be specific. Your old characters are on these realms. Fresh start dates are yet to be announced though should be given some time next week.
Vei (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=45j3vWEa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-12-09T15:46:29.088+0000) > > Lee is balanced not by his kit or his &quot;poor lategame&quot; but because 90% of the people playing him are fucking retarded IRL. > besides those who seem to be able to calculate the geometrical angle required to perfectly kick you through your entire team knocking them all up
> [{quoted}](name=Vei,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=45j3vWEa,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-12-09T15:48:22.196+0000) > > besides those who seem to be able to calculate the geometrical angle required to perfectly kick you through your entire team knocking them all up I have yet to see this even after playing against mid diamonds in season 4. Every Lee Sin I've ever seen kicks you off to the side instead of through your team. Or they kick you away so you live with 50 health. Lee Sin players are about as proficient at kicking as Christopher Reeve.
: Best Jojo opening?
I thought "No" was a universal word meaning well. . . "no." In weeb shit it appears to exist in every sentence like a law. So I guess in weeb culture "no" is the equivalent to punctuation?
: Lee Sin Is Fine
Lee is balanced not by his kit or his "poor lategame" but because 90% of the people playing him are fucking retarded IRL. Though I agree, he could deal with a few nerfs. . . or a deletion. . . or that rework back in 2014 which would have made him stronger but less brainless that everyone cried about. I dunno, I hate Lee Sin players because I played League in season 2 as a jungle main. In fact, I think any jungle main in season 2 hated Lee Sin except the people who played him. Always so annoying to go to 2nd buff and sure enough there's the enemy Lee Sin who only went red and waited for you and just killed you because of his absurdly high base damage, slow, and gap closing Q. Fast forward to today, they don't really invade much anymore which is a blessing. However, I get my primary role taken from me so some glue chugging fuckwad can feel like he's Jackie Chan.
: If you main jungle and you cant smite, gank, or control objectives
Depends on the frequency of missing smite. For example my friends jokingly used to refer to me as SaintVicious because I would miss some baron smites, however whenever I went to steal an objective like Baron or Dragon I always managed to pull it off. Ganking is a two way street, I understand a lot of laners refuse to accept this but it's fact. For example, yeah it would be ideal for me to gank Nasus, however I'm not diving him at level four when he's full HP because you're stupid and shove the lane. I also will not gank your lane when the odds of us getting double killed are likely. For objective control, it's helpful but hardly required, especially at any elo below Diamond tier. In season 4 I was capable of hard carrying games at Plat 1 with mid diamond MMR and I never took dragons as a priority. Though this is also back when dragon was worth 200 gold for everyone on the team instead of a large ass buff. However yet again it's a two way street. I'll make calls for dragon but the bottom lane better assist me with it. I'm sick of this bullshit of "Oh pony is taking the dragon, meanwhile the ADC is squeezing out that precious 50 gold while I get jumped by their team and basically just leashed it for them." In fact this is why I quit focusing dragon, because this shit was so common. The last time I ever prioritized dragons at level 6-7 and took them off respawn was back when Sated Devourer was a thing because with Vi I could solo it without being at 5 HP. _________________________________________________________________ I will give I hate seeing useless junglers but my definition of a useless jungler is a guy who isn't farming well and isn't ganking. I have three criteria I base them off of: -Objective Taking -Farm -Ganking Objectives are meh, Farm is probably the most important for me since when I jungle I often have more gold than my solo laners unless one was hella fed, or was a Singed. I don't care if they don't gank, but if they're not taking objectives, or farming to be relevant late game I will be annoyed. Likewise I don't care if they have 20 farm if they're ganking and scoring kills. This is because I view the jungler as your third solo laner and in a lot of cases the jungle is the best role to hard carry with. In seasons 1-6 this was the case however in Season 6 everyone started to realize this and now it's filled with people who think they can hard carry but do it wrong. Typically these are Lee Sin players, in fact almost always they're Lee Sin players.
ZaDahaka11 (EUNE)
: Dragon ball is an over rated piece of crap, and it's time to face the truth!
I don't particularly care for anime however I do remember watching DBZ like most kids who are now in their early to mid 20s. Thing is, you can't say whether or not it was great so far after its relevance, especially with the level of development that has gone into newer creations because people realized it was successful. Dragonball and later DBZ keep in mind was made back in the mid 80s (89 for Z) which was still during that era of people questioning whether animations were viable for adults and most felt it wasn't. That is going to contribute a bit to the quality. In hindsight, obviously it's going to look terrible comparatively to everything else that's available now because they went through a door that DBZ helped to open and expanded on it. I can say that about cartoons even from my childhood compared to what is available and slowly diminishing right now. Megas XLR as a kid I enjoyed however in hindsight I realize the quality isn't really there. Compared to other shows available at the time it wasn't as bad. Though I would never go as far as to compare it to something like Gravity Falls because it isn't a fair comparison for a number of reasons. Time period difference being the biggest one. Likewise MLaaTR was an incredible show for its time, it's still going to have a soft spot in my heart of course but I'll never be able to compare it to Adventure Time as far as quality. Keep in mind MLaaTR was supposed to be like a divine child because you had creative minds from both Dexter's Laboratory, and Powerpuff Girls on it. Look at what we have available right now, shows like Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Steven Universe for some even though it's become SJW heaven. These shows are significantly better in so many ways to older cartoons because of more resources and knowledge (technically a resource) available to them. I have no doubt in 15 years these shows will be seen as terrible by comparison.
: Ended season Plat 3, Placed Silver I
Ended Gold 1 last season, though in the preseason I began to derp around in games and tanked myself down to Gold 3 just because it was preseason. Went 3-7 in Bronze 2 and I feel it's a good place. Now I can sit back for all the derps to work themselves down here in a week and pubstomp my way back up where I belong. Take your low placement as a blessing, last season I got placed in Bronze and it was absolutely hilarious to curbstomp these kids. Will admit though, the provisional games were the fucking worst yet and this coming from someone who played since Season 1. In the games alone I had: A raging Nasus two minutes into the game who tilted himself into defeat. A Braum Jungle who not only banned what champ I was going to play intentionally (Trynd) to spite me, decided to AFK at the 15 or so minute mark at level 10 after intentionally feeding Yorick two kills in my lane. One loss that wasn't really anyone's fault on my team, we just got beat across the board. A 6-17 Lux against a Katarina who clearly was playing the champ his first time because "hurrr skin!" A Victory A loss as Kindred because I couldn't really gank and my Caitlyn went 0-10, built poorly and screamed "BUT MUH SYNDRA MASTERY PAGE!" all game. A defeat because 4-12 Trynd fed their Kayle and Mundo. A defeat because I got that very same Trynd on my team a second game and despite going 10-3 and soloing their ADC and AP every team fight, he sucked enough as Tristana also to lose again. (Seriously, people I report for being bad should be blocked from ever being on my team again) 2 Victories as Nocturne because I had to cheese their ADC for wins apparently. All these games are viewable on my summoner's match history page if you want to think I'm joking.
: 4 wins and 6 losses
Well that's alleviating. I'm like 1-4 right now in mine and I question why against my better judgment I decided to play ranked today. First game I get a Nasus who goes into lobby acting like a team player (P.S - It's always these assholes who are the cancer of the team) saying "Nobody tilt and just play smart, we'll be fine." Game begins he dies to a Lee Sin top laner instantly. Begins raging, dies again and yells about me in all chat. Hilariously for once my team was defending me saying I wasn't even doing anything to provoke him. Second game I get an AFK Braum Jungle (Yeah, mull that one over in your head, I got a BRAUM JUNGLE) though to his defense I didn't really do well vs Yorick and Jarvan camping me however it doesn't excuse rage afking at 12 minutes because we won't open mid. Third game and fourth game were honestly toss ups though one of them we had a Lux with 18 deaths to a Katarina and an Eve with 30 kills who refused to group. Ranked is fun, tbh I'm hoping I get placed in Bronze just so I can rubberband my MMR when I begin pubstomping kids next week after the bads troll themselves to appropriate ELOs.
ZaDahaka11 (EUNE)
: i'm 35 and still living with mom and dad..
My issue with college is they're shoving SJW shit down our throats now in them which is why I left after two years. I took a philosophy class for shits (because I could pay for it out of pocket) and the college professor was an interesting one. Like in class he'd talk one way but I'd also some times chat with him after class, we'd discuss virtues and he was a completely different person. Kind of like despite being a COLLEGE PROFESSOR, he was still required to speak a certain way and had to push certain ideals more than others because sadly as a teacher anymore you have to be very Liberal in your beliefs, or appear Liberal. Now I'm not bashing Liberals even though I politically disagree with them, but it's kind of dumb in a college to stack the deck one way and not allow conflicting viewpoints. Problem is kids go into classes now, get four more years of SJW rhetoric thrown at them as if 13 wasn't enough then have no idea how to handle conflicting viewpoints. This is why you get when Liberals are confronted with opposing viewpoints, instead of stating with facts or statistics why you are wrong, their default remark is a buzzword. Usually "racist", "sexist" or "xenophobic" and that is a big reason why Trump won this election. Since instead of them giving actual examples why Hillary was more qualified, the default response was "LUL DRUMPF IS RACIST AND SEXIST!" As for whether or not they're beneficial it really depends on the field and like anything it's a pretty long shot. Ideally everyone would get that job they have their eyes on with their degree but that isn't reality sadly. A lot of people don't even come close to that so they live in debt the rest of their lives. Or they went through and got an absolutely useless degree in the real world like a Gender Studies Major. Or as much as I love Philosophy, a degree in it doesn't do you shit. Then because they have no market value as people because they have no real skills or education, bitch about how awful Capitalism is and blame all their shortcomings on the rich people of the world.
: people say gd is dying/becoming bad
It's more from the fact what and who made the original League of Legends community so great initially is no longer here or they are drowned out by the masses of trendfollowers. It happens with absolutely every community that gets any degree of popularity because then you get a bunch of bandwagoners who don't care to actively contribute to the community and then it becomes stale. Or in some cases the newer people actually effectively ruin the experience and force others out. In League this is seen as when the hyper elitists that apparently won't play ranked are shoving the meta down throats in normal games. Or when people play Blind Pick as a means to get an OP champion then shit talk all game. Like looking back at seasons 1 and 2 you had a few streams people watched, a couple teams everyone talked about but the game for the most part was just moderately competitive and centric around a few competitive people, not hyper competitive like it is now. Ever since season 3 when the game really began to take off the meta has been forced down everyone's throat so having fun in a game without at risk of being banned due to trolling is among friends in an inhouse game. I remember some friends and I would play Ultimate Bravery in normals. Outside of the game itself you had some people, or groups making extra content that people would be amused by and somewhat even emulate it. An example that quickly comes to mind here was that old Dunkmaster Yi video and it was a derp build that could somewhat function at lower levels of play so you actually saw it every now and again. It wasn't some stupid meme build that never could reasonably work like the AP Hecarim (His two abilities with AP scaling are used once per fight. . .) Things like this were very refreshing to see in normals and in rare cases, ranked. There was also that very old Karthus themed Kesha parody that I remember a lot of Karthus players quoting when they used ults, maybe that's just something I personally witnessed a lot of. Fast forward to now instead of people innovating builds because the game was at the time fairly new (which I admit will factor into a lot of creativity) or doing something worthy of laugh that's original like the silliness that was the entire Dunkmaster Yi video. . . We're left with people who endlessly quote streamers "Oh durr I missed my skill shot, I'm boosted lulz." or instead of testing what they like, just rip off whatever the meta build is. Then don't get me started on how cancerous the "Godyrs" were when they were in full force. **I really hate to draw the comparison** but League's community right now is the same as what happened with the FiM fandom. You had people drawn to it for a myriad of reasons, then as more people heard about it they joined and basically destroyed it inside out like a cancer. Now all you're left with is people who have zero understanding why it was ever great in the first place and blindly assume "No this is the best thing ever!" no matter how bad the community gets. As for General Discussion's community it's much of the same. A majority of the community has gone for one reason or another and primarily you're left with the same handful regurgitating the same posts every couple of days because they're either still playing League and bored, or GD has become their entire social life. It feels like some of the people here never leave or get sunlight. Beforehand there were a lot of people and newer names bringing new cards to the table but like with any forum (It's actually worse on the WoW GD Forums) it becomes the exact same song and dance with the same group of people who end up just memeing each other to death or in some cases, ripping off their posts except for two words to spite the other person.
Show more

Romance

Level 161 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion