Ztoka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=RookPusher,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A5gHYAgg,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-15T18:00:46.394+0000) > > 1. Because even the trolls there don't matter much > 2. The game is actually not that calculated > 3. It's random, but the pool system provides enough forgiveness to prevent a painful run > 4. I never feel like I wasted my time or life when I lose in ARAM > 5. There aren't ranks > 6. Forgetting to swap runes won't screw you > 7. Summoners are pre-set so to have function > 8. Come backs there are far more fun > 9. No one aggressively freaks out about your KDA > 10. There's more teamwork around the heal pools in ARAM than the best game on Summoners Rift. 90% of the games I play are aram. I unfortunately disagree w/ most of this. 1. Trolls DO matter, quite a bit actually. 4v5 is still 4v5. 2. I won't argue that, though I could. 3. I have had MANY painful runs where it is gg at the loading screen. So many games are one sided stomps. Some are good but there are plenty of one sided matches. 4. I agree w/ that, though I don't feel like I ever waste my time when losing other games/matches. 5. While there aren't ranks, there are still plenty of ranked players playing who make sure to tout their rank, why they are better than you etc. 6. Forgetting to swap your runes screws you as much as it does in ranked/normal. Just because the game mode changes, doesn't mean having the incorrect rune set up doesn't "screw" you. 7. Ok I guess :) 8. A come back is fun in aram. Much more fun in ranked where it actually matters. 9. You have been lucky about no one freaking out. It doesn't happen as much as it does in ranked but I see people freak out all the time over build, k/d/a etc. Sadly, it is worse in lower lvl/noob games due to smurfs. 10. All depends on your team. Many games, you have that teammate running from base, not paying attn or not caring, running over the health when a near by teammate could have used it. I have seen plenty of trolls do all they can to eat up the health while their team needs it because someone wouldn't trade w/ them in champ select. I love aram but it's far from perfect..
> [{quoted}](name=Ztoka,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A5gHYAgg,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2018-11-16T18:33:16.577+0000) > > 90% of the games I play are aram. I unfortunately disagree w/ most of this. > > 1. Trolls DO matter, quite a bit actually. 4v5 is still 4v5. > 2. I won't argue that, though I could. > 3. I have had MANY painful runs where it is gg at the loading screen. So many games are one sided stomps. Some are good but there are plenty of one sided matches. > 4. I agree w/ that, though I don't feel like I ever waste my time when losing other games/matches. > 5. While there aren't ranks, there are still plenty of ranked players playing who make sure to tout their rank, why they are better than you etc. > 6. Forgetting to swap your runes screws you as much as it does in ranked/normal. Just because the game mode changes, doesn't mean having the incorrect rune set up doesn't "screw" you. > 7. Ok I guess :) > 8. A come back is fun in aram. Much more fun in ranked where it actually matters. > 9. You have been lucky about no one freaking out. It doesn't happen as much as it does in ranked but I see people freak out all the time over build, k/d/a etc. Sadly, it is worse in lower lvl/noob games due to smurfs. > 10. All depends on your team. Many games, you have that teammate running from base, not paying attn or not caring, running over the health when a near by teammate could have used it. I have seen plenty of trolls do all they can to eat up the health while their team needs it because someone wouldn't trade w/ them in champ select. > > I love aram but it's far from perfect.. Who said it was perfect? This is a strawman. 1. The "much" here implies relativity. Compared to SR they're nothing. 2. No you can't. 3. What you said here isn't a response to what I said. 4. You never feel like your wasting time? In _this_ game? 5. What does that have to do with what I said? 6. It absolutely does not. I'm starting to think you don't play ranked. 8: How long have you been a contrarian? 9. Maybe your KDA is unnaturally bad. 10. Yes, I suppose it does. Anecdotal evidence isn't an argument it's a cry for help. You're clearly bored and needed to write something. Good speed, you Black Emperor.
: > [{quoted}](name=RookPusher,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A5gHYAgg,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-15T18:00:46.394+0000) > > 1. Because even the trolls there don't matter much > 2. The game is actually not that calculated > 3. It's random, but the pool system provides enough forgiveness to prevent a painful run > 4. I never feel like I wasted my time or life when I lose in ARAM > 5. There aren't ranks > 6. Forgetting to swap runes won't screw you > 7. Summoners are pre-set so to have function > 8. Come backs there are far more fun > 9. No one aggressively freaks out about your KDA > 10. There's more teamwork around the heal pools in ARAM than the best game on Summoners Rift. Then sit down and play aram. Stop trying to gain attention by making these dumb post. Holy crap. Do it in a quiet corner and just stay there.
> [{quoted}](name=imfoolish,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A5gHYAgg,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2018-11-16T16:48:44.437+0000) > > Then sit down and play aram. Stop trying to gain attention by making these dumb post. Holy crap. Do it in a quiet corner and just stay there. Between the two of us, who do you suppose contributes more to society in a productive manner?
: At this point, ARAM is the only thing left that's fun
All this thread has taught me is that if Riot has a truely unlocked pool of champs, all the try-hard stick up their ass people are going to come play ARAM. Which is bad. If anything, take a lesson from Jesuit Priests and Judo - You should be playing with a total unlocked account in ARAM as much as possible to ruin the game for dopes who make ARAM accounts. Honestly, I'm there enjoying myself. They're screaming at their monitors, none of it matters. Learn to play as instrument instead of wasting your time.
: I highly disagree, but if you're trying to say Riot should pay more attention to casual players, I can't argue with that.
> [{quoted}](name=Super Shaco,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A5gHYAgg,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-11-16T08:01:46.546+0000) > > I highly disagree, but if you're trying to say Riot should pay more attention to casual players, I can't argue with that. I don't know that I was trying to say anything. For me, personally, ARAM is the only fun thing left. And the 10 reasons I provided are the reason. If I have any agenda, it's getting the following 4 items on the books: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/tP170kT8-4-ways-to-fix-ranked-in-the-coming-seasons
: Im not being ironic now, i swear, this is a serious question based on the real things
Do you have IP on your harddrive? As for the lady, you live in a time of unrivaled matchmaking. Dating is like business. If you offer something no one else does (and that they want) you'll go far. Otherwise you have to be the best. Avoid: Money High powered job Casting a wide net Invest in: Having a decent conversation EQ Ambition/Career goals Dressing like an adult.
: 11 Birds That Are Not Azir
I'm bumping because I thought of this out of nowhere today, and I was reminded of great times.
: > [{quoted}](name=Full Brain,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=y0skejhJ,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-11-15T20:49:57.474+0000) > > Nothing, they removed the part of his ult where it latches onto champions who walk over it in patch 7.5. are you sure of that? you have no idea how many times a week it has happened to me where it lands onto the ground then latches onto me after I walk over it
> [{quoted}](name=Hydroxlic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=y0skejhJ,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-11-15T22:03:10.496+0000) > > are you sure of that? you have no idea how many times a week it has happened to me where it lands onto the ground then latches onto me after I walk over it Sorta > R - Chum the Waters > GO FISH When fishes reach their target location without attaching to anything, the check for a nearby target to attach to is now **less generous** > REMOVEDSTICKY SCALES Whiffed fishes are no longer picked up by enemies that walk over them https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-75-notes
: Subjective.
> [{quoted}](name=DM For Rat Facts,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A5gHYAgg,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-11-15T19:54:38.583+0000) > > Subjective. No, I'm like 99% certain it's an objective fact. That's what the rules of the boards are - no discussions. Just and endless presentation of facts...
Dynikus (NA)
: my first thought when I saw the teaser was someone who fights with chains, yeah. https://www.roguefitness.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/rogue_header_2015/472321edac810f9b2465a359d8cdc0b5/r/a/ra0546-lg.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hNFs8jgf,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-15T02:19:40.520+0000) > > my first thought when I saw the teaser was someone who fights with chains, yeah. > https://www.roguefitness.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/rogue_header_2015/472321edac810f9b2465a359d8cdc0b5/r/a/ra0546-lg.jpg This exercise supposedly ruins your shoulders.
Rioter Comments
: Gold III getting matched with Plat III... This shit is why I gave up on this game
> [{quoted}](name=ShroomMaster,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=y3aLQFB9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-14T19:41:01.216+0000) > > Gold III getting matched with Plat III... > > This shit is why I gave up on this game I'm going to get downvoted for this, but it's the truth and it has to be said. This only occurs because the game artificially surpresses people at the lower levels by failing to adequately deal with trolls, afkers, and the toxics thereby thinning the numbers at the top to an absurd level. In a world where queue time is the KPMI, you're going to see G3 matched with P3, and it's because no one at Riot thinks in systems.
: > [{quoted}](name=RookPusher,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=nXWYALw7,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-10-13T01:11:28.326+0000) > > My favorite part of the OP is that he's talking about sand trolls as if there as commonly canonical in fantasy as vampires and werewolves. Wtf is a sand troll? A Troll breed that lives in the desert. Ice Trolls are a troll breed that live in tundras. The explanation is in their names for goodness sake.
> [{quoted}](name=Tesla Effect,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=nXWYALw7,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-11-14T22:50:30.239+0000) > > A Troll breed that lives in the desert. Ice Trolls are a troll breed that live in tundras. The explanation is in their names for goodness sake. That really isn't the question though, isn't it? The point here is that sand trolls, so obscure if mentioned ever, wouldn't have the social capital behind it for a reaction such as "please don't let it be a sandtroll." Like, would you every say "Sweet christ in heaven, make jax anything except a Economic Goblin." Yeah, I get that it's different than a finance goblin, or a merchant goblin, but wtf is an economic goblin.
Zed genius (EUNE)
: Getting Diamond 3 was really worth it this year
> [{quoted}](name=Zed genius,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dVNc856n,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-14T12:35:57.840+0000) > > Now I can enjoy the exact same rewards(since no borders) a gold 5 player will! It's an efficiency thing. You're not getting the same reward as Gold 5, you're getting a worse one based on inputs. It's a punishment feature Riot puts in the game that is supposed to say "Find a real hobby you unemployable nerd." I personally think it's a little harsh on Riots part, but they did it, not me.
: Put Ultimate Hat back in Sorcery.
> [{quoted}](name=Ashryver Queen ,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6dEueFY4,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-13T11:19:50.639+0000) > > Why the *fuck* would it be in Domination? It's already got _enough fucking damage_ I like the Hunter Runes period if only because they track kills and put their power on something of a teamplay contingent. The jungler farming jungle all game or only camping bot doesn't get what Ultimate Hat provided _unless_ they join the team. The sorcery tree, to me, is fine as is. I think Gathering Storm, the MS bonus, the CDR run at 10 mins, and scorch provide interesting options. If anything needs to change its that Comet and Arey are, for the most part, the same damn rune.
CIayman (NA)
: Semantics
> [{quoted}](name=CIayman,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5dF63NLq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-13T21:38:31.453+0000) > > Semantics Linguistics
: Zaun is a city in the lore of League of Legends. It doesn't matter what it's name means in context outside of the game, because in the game it's a city. Just like if you name your firstborn "Potato." You would say "Potato is my child," but the existence of actual potatoes in the world with alternate meanings doesn't mean that "Potato" isn't your child in the specific context of your family.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5dF63NLq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-13T21:32:22.966+0000) > > Zaun is a city in the lore of League of Legends. It doesn't matter what it's name means in context outside of the game, because in the game it's a city. > Just like if you name your firstborn "Potato." You would say "Potato is my child," but the existence of actual potatoes in the world with alternate meanings doesn't mean that "Potato" isn't your child in the specific context of your family. Nope.
Rioter Comments
: well they said it was going to be colorful {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
> [{quoted}](name=Maligaro Spike,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=V1EAGu9k,comment-id=000b0001,timestamp=2018-11-13T19:37:45.740+0000) > > well they said it was going to be colorful > > {{sticker:sg-lulu}} Yeah, but I think that was lost of people. Which is why the downvotes are nearly outpacing the upvotes. Its unfortunate that the under-read and ill informed get to have a public opinion as well.
: New Champ is already in the client. Reveal is on 11/19
: Why is Maokai considered to be a bad support?
He is a good support, if only because of his sustain and free wards. He punishes lane opponents who frequent the shrubs, and he's a CC monster if you land the W, Q at the right time. His major problem is he isn't idiot proof. If I go in, and my ADC is farming like a spectacular bonehead, I'm screwed. Also, his Saplings cost a lot of mana, but he functions better with Relic than he does with Coin. So he's a bit of an outlier. He could be better suited for Support if they rejiggered him slightly.
Rioter Comments
: i dont want to pressure you. but upon viewing the first few youtube videos on panth jung id say the higher elo are more team communication and calling plays as one put it your team is braindead you have to carry. youd have to knonw the roster and roles and predict camp respawn on counterjungling to starve the jungler. youd have to constantly spy on team and ping spells and ults. youd have to balance the judgement of worth it. ultimately you as pseudo carry have to direct aram and baron. so idk if you want to jungle carry as pantheon is what im getting at
> [{quoted}](name=Shallowillow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MEbfWAb0,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-11-13T03:34:39.208+0000) > > i dont want to pressure you. > but upon viewing the first few youtube videos on panth jung > id say the higher elo are more team communication and calling plays > as one put it your team is braindead you have to carry. > > youd have to knonw the roster and roles and predict camp respawn on counterjungling to starve the jungler. > youd have to constantly spy on team and ping spells and ults. > youd have to balance the judgement of worth it. > ultimately you as pseudo carry have to direct aram and baron. > > so idk if you want to jungle carry as pantheon is what im getting at From my vantage point, Panth jungle is like training wheels. I basically coddled you for the first 15 to 20 mins. If it goes south from here, you're a screw up.
: I Pantheon jungled for awhile this season. I had the same issues. I found that building more bruiser kept me viable, or at least things with shields like Steraks Gage or Hexdrinker helped me engage into the enemy team better late and blow up the squishies, but it would only last so long. The real issue is when teams don't capitalize on a lead. They let the game drag on and don't end when it's best for them to do so.
> [{quoted}](name=Düff McWhalen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MEbfWAb0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-12T17:41:37.228+0000) > > I Pantheon jungled for awhile this season. I had the same issues. I found that building more bruiser kept me viable, or at least things with shields like Steraks Gage or Hexdrinker helped me engage into the enemy team better late and blow up the squishies, but it would only last so long. The real issue is when teams don't capitalize on a lead. They let the game drag on and don't end when it's best for them to do so. No thats exactly it. I give you a successful gank, free farming and tower captures and you blow it. I think the major problem in LoL is that not enough people feel badly about their shit performance. Like, you should really take a long hard stare into the ocean if you botch a game, and I think people come here assuming this game is for fun. This country needs to reinstitute the draft.
Rioter Comments
: I will always upvote a post about Riot making an MMO. To me, everything they've been releasing that expands on Runeterra is strong evidence for an MMO.
> [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bLHavk3O,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-12T03:51:26.931+0000) > > I will always upvote a post about Riot making an MMO. To me, everything they've been releasing that expands on Runeterra is strong evidence for an MMO. As it should be. The future for MOBAs is a in-game gearing system combined with Alterac Valley. MMOs are just more fun so long as they allow players of all types to do well. Not just raiders but the Auction House traders, the materials farmers, the questers, and the Battle Ground folks.
: Haunted is more or less a what if situation
> [{quoted}](name=Moonboy65,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cobewkog,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-12T16:23:14.688+0000) > > Haunted is more or less a what if situation Why "if"? The Mists came to the isles. Maokai on all skins says he's beset by spirits.
: Charred Maokai is not cannon, he's from an alt universe where Maokai was consumed by the Infernal skins
> [{quoted}](name=Moonboy65,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cobewkog,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-11-11T23:08:10.968+0000) > > Charred Maokai is not cannon, he's from an alt universe where Maokai was consumed by the Infernal skins So Haunted then?
: WHY IS EVERYONE BUYING ESSENZ REAVER ON ASHE!?
I don't know. I personally buy it on Jinx and Lucian but that makes more sense than Ashe.
Zoli Ben (EUNE)
: So, canon skins are a thing now
Would Haunted Maokai or Charred Maokai be more canon?
: That's probably not a good idea. Kindred needs stacks to not be useless and the per-champion cooldown means she'll have to leave lane if she wants to get them from a champion or the enemy jungle. Not to mention that without smite or a jungle item that'll be a chore.
> [{quoted}](name=Super Sandmanne,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nl9vI4Hm,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-09T22:04:12.417+0000) > > That's probably not a good idea. Kindred needs stacks to not be useless and the per-champion cooldown means she'll have to leave lane if she wants to get them from a champion or the enemy jungle. Not to mention that without smite or a jungle item that'll be a chore. Then take TP and try. If you're sticking to conventional wisdom, expect to be as good as everyone else.
: How Do You Win On Kindred?
> [{quoted}](name=PepeIsHentaiGod,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nl9vI4Hm,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-09T21:44:56.267+0000) > > She's a champion thats supposed to invade but avoids the enemy jungler like the plague > Bad at ganking > Literally needs 3 items to be a champion > i want to play her but i have no success > plz somebody tell me how to exist before stormrazor warrior runaans? I don't play her, so I can't directly answer your question, but if you know where she is good, you should find a place for her to maximize that. It's likely not the jungle, which excludes a lot of champions these days. Try her in Top. Better revenue stream, more favorable to ranged, she has good mobility and nice dive counter.
: I've not spent a cent on Riot ever since they've perma banned my original account. Its been over a year now and the trick is to recognize that having these in-game skins, emotes, wards, etc. doesn't really make my playing experience that much better. It is merely an illusion. Never intentionally support a company that allows their employee to drug and rape others.
> [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YmTImLEh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-09T17:29:35.189+0000) > > I've not spent a cent on Riot ever since they've perma banned my original account. Its been over a year now and the trick is to recognize that having these in-game skins, emotes, wards, etc. doesn't really make my playing experience that much better. It is merely an illusion. > > Never intentionally support a company that allows their employee to drug and rape others. The whole thing is an illusion. The Rift isn't real.
: One time on ARAM our {{champion:161}} went AFK. We somehow won with: Full Tank {{champion:24}} {{champion:222}} ADC {{champion:37}} Support(me) Suicide Bomber {{champion:133}}
> [{quoted}](name=Deathhawk888,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=1IQJb7ve,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-09T19:52:14.255+0000) > > One time on ARAM our {{champion:161}} went AFK. We somehow won with: > > Full Tank {{champion:24}} > {{champion:222}} ADC > {{champion:37}} Support(me) > Suicide Bomber {{champion:133}} Quinn fed is some gross combination of X-Men's Apocalypse and V from V for Vedetta.
: fiora is a shitter irelia
> [{quoted}](name=ZeroAgainst,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UeFolIBv,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-09T08:07:05.650+0000) > > prove me wrong How can I prove it when you wouldn't understand the concept? In order to make a post like this you'd had to have had almost no experience in the top lane. I approach those champs very differently.
AR URF (NA)
: You know what the worst kind of league player is?
> [{quoted}](name=AR URF,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=i4BjZkhj,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-09T11:38:32.113+0000) > > The kind of person that bans yours or another teammates champ in pre-game lobby when you have it hovered. Then when you ask why, they don't respond. If I ban someones champ on a non ranked match, I'll say "sorry I'll dodge" And then I dodge. If I ban it in ranked, I'll still say sorry. > > Edit: I think you guys are projecting. I don't get tilted when someone bans my champ. I get annoyed. Who wouldn't? No people tend to go "Ok I'm going to feed now". That's happened, and I don't want that in ranked. Bro, the boards _always_ project. You can't make any decent suggestion on these boards because everyone immediately thinks "wait, what if this HIGHLY unlikely situation occurs and effects me negatively? No, not we cannot have this."
: always start Q in top lane. you can take one point in E early and then W. when in solo lane like top its always Q > W >E in jungle you start E then Q and W is used to gank most people never put more then 1 point in E and always max it last. it has a static cd that dont lower with rank its 10secs whether you have 1 point or 5 in it. and it scales from 7%hp to 8%hp damage at max rank. so you really dont gain alot by putting points into it. Q is your main trading tool/clearing tool when i go maokai support i start E to have bush priority and to help leash jungle if needed then W 2nd to lock down a target if need and then max Q then max W 2nd
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zbav3xR4,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-09T20:22:14.837+0000) > > always start Q in top lane. you can take one point in E early and then W. > > when in solo lane like top its always Q > W >E > > in jungle you start E then Q and W is used to gank > > most people never put more then 1 point in E and always max it last. > it has a static cd that dont lower with rank its 10secs whether you have 1 point or 5 in it. and it scales from 7%hp to 8%hp damage at max rank. so you really dont gain alot by putting points into it. > > Q is your main trading tool/clearing tool > > when i go maokai support i start E to have bush priority and to help leash jungle if needed then W 2nd to lock down a target if need and then max Q then max W 2nd Are you taking the coin line whne you support? Those saplings cost a lot of mana.
: you always max Q on maokai
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zbav3xR4,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-09T20:13:14.357+0000) > > you always max Q on maokai Yeah, I had been maxing W as a means to lock in tower divers. It helped against the Trynd, Quinn, etc. champs that can ruin lives top lane. Since maxing Q my QoL has improved markedly.
: ONE TRICK PONY he is my main. i have 800k mastery points on him and have 1000s games on him since season 5
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zbav3xR4,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-09T20:07:14.447+0000) > > ONE TRICK PONY > > he is my main. i have 800k mastery points on him and have 1000s games on him since season 5 Oh, same man. I rarely if ever build ROA though I love the concept. My general 6-build is: {{item:3068}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3075}} {{item:3512}} {{item:3047}} {{item:3083}} If they have less AP I'll swap Portal out for {{item:3742}} I stupidly just started maxing Q
: as a maokai OTP i have never built hour glass on him. my typical build for top lane is {{item:3068}} {{item:3001}} {{item:3065}} is core other items i build alot are {{item:3194}} {{item:3800}} {{item:3143}} boots are typically {{item:3111}} {{item:3047}} as maokai you do damage by being tanky and sustaining through your passive and being able to get multiple abilities off during fights with cdr. if you want damage on maokai one of the best items is {{item:3151}} which works with all of his abilities and works with {{item:3001}} {{item:3751}} magic damage. but it works so well cuz it does more damage the longer you fight which if you go back above statement makes you do a lot of damage. if you want ap damage on maokai one of the better ways to do it is through runes instead of inspiration secondary go into sorcery and take gathering storm for free scaling ap plus the adaptive ap you get from going sorcery which is 10 ap lvl 1 then by 20mins you get 24 ap from gathering storm for 34 total and if you start doran's ring that more ap and if you get {{item:3151}} thats +75 ap which gives a total of 124ap if you dont want to go mask you lose 10% cdr but you can go {{item:3027}} instead if you take transcendence to make up for lost cdr ( or take transcendence with mask and get 20 % cdr ) and a fully stacked ROA gives 100 ap so with {{item:3027}} {{item:3151}} thats 175 ap + the adaptive ap from sorcery +10 + 15 ap from dorans ring start + the ap from gathering storm +24 @20mins gives a total of 224 ap which is more then enough ap for maokai another ap option is {{item:3165}} gives 80 ap and 300 hp if you dont want to go ROA but you gain 15 magic pen and grievous wounds
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zbav3xR4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-09T19:43:22.864+0000) > > as a maokai OTP i have never built hour glass on him. > > my typical build for top lane is > {{item:3068}} {{item:3001}} {{item:3065}} is core > > other items i build alot are > {{item:3194}} {{item:3800}} {{item:3143}} > > boots are typically > {{item:3111}} {{item:3047}} > > as maokai you do damage by being tanky and sustaining through your passive and being able to get multiple abilities off during fights with cdr. > > if you want damage on maokai one of the best items is > {{item:3151}} which works with all of his abilities and works with {{item:3194}} {{item:3751}} magic damage. but it works so well cuz it does more damage the longer you fight which if you go back above statement makes you do a lot of damage. > > if you want ap damage on maokai one of the better ways to do it is through runes instead of inspiration secondary go into sorcery and take gathering storm for free scaling ap plus the adaptive ap you get from going sorcery which is 10 ap lvl 1 then by 20mins you get 24 ap from gathering storm for 34 total and if you start doran's ring that more ap and if you get {{item:3151}} thats +75 ap which gives a total of 124ap > > if you dont want to go mask you lose 10% cdr but you can go {{item:3027}} instead if you take transcendence to make up for lost cdr ( or take transcendence with mask and get 20 % cdr ) and a fully stacked ROA gives 100 ap > > so with {{item:3027}} {{item:3151}} thats 175 ap + the adaptive ap from sorcery +10 + 15 ap from dorans ring start + the ap from gathering storm +24 @20mins gives a total of 224 ap which is more then enough ap for maokai > > another ap option is {{item:3165}} gives 80 ap and 300 hp if you dont want to go ROA but you gain 15 magic pen and grievous wounds What is OTP again?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: everything that has primary role tank,built as a tank mr,armor and hp out the ass and a {{item:3748}} here and there garen darius volibear mundo are the only exeptions since outside of only 1 item mainly {{item:3071}} or {{item:3078}} they go straight tank after but i promise you will still get fucked for 7 out of these10 games somewhat easy mode:{{champion:83}} allowed (before you ask its beacosue he can fight most garbage live and is a amazing split pusher with a bit of a lead or even if behind but left alone)
> [{quoted}](name=PigDaddy,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Kh3nnE8c,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-11-09T14:27:44.886+0000) > > everything that has primary role tank,built as a tank mr,armor and hp out the ass and a {{item:3748}} here and there garen darius volibear mundo are the only exeptions since outside of only 1 item mainly {{item:3071}} or {{item:3078}} they go straight tank after but i promise you will still get fucked for 7 out of these10 games > > somewhat easy mode:{{champion:83}} allowed (before you ask its beacosue he can fight most garbage live and is a amazing split pusher with a bit of a lead or even if behind but left alone) Yeah but he isn't a tank, he operates more like a Juggernaught. No gap closers, minimal CC (I'm calling the ring CC), and substantial damage. I wouldn't say he's a true tank and we should make exceptions. Playing a tank in the modern environment is both required, as well as unfulfilling and a handicap. If you're going to ask people to walk a mile in our shoes, it shouldn't be cheap knock-offs, it needs to be the real deal.
: League of Legends' client makes my keyboard go nuts. I'm not bullshitting you. I play dozens of games on my computer and I try new ones out all the time. This only happens when I'm playing this stupid fucking game but it'll start randomly locking keys on my keyboard so that I can't click on the map or use a certain number or it'll start opening menu's like a key is stuck. Once the game is over and we get into the post-game lobby, it'll clear up and let me type or do stuff again. Last game it would just spam 7 every time I opened the chat. It wouldn't let me alt-tab. It wouldn't let me open task manager. Wouldn't let me use the map. And for anyone who thinks it's because my 7 key actually gets stuck. I don't use 7 for anything in League of Legends. I never touched the key. It's always a random number or letter, never the same one.
> [{quoted}](name=I Willump You,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yJQkwOuR,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-09T06:13:33.092+0000) > > League of Legends' client makes my keyboard go nuts. I'm not bullshitting you. I play dozens of games on my computer and I try new ones out all the time. > > This only happens when I'm playing this stupid fucking game but it'll start randomly locking keys on my keyboard so that I can't click on the map or use a certain number or it'll start opening menu's like a key is stuck. > > Once the game is over and we get into the post-game lobby, it'll clear up and let me type or do stuff again. > > Last game it would just spam 7 every time I opened the chat. It wouldn't let me alt-tab. It wouldn't let me open task manager. Wouldn't let me use the map. > > And for anyone who thinks it's because my 7 key actually gets stuck. I don't use 7 for anything in League of Legends. I never touched the key. It's always a random number or letter, never the same one. Then no. If it's their product that isn't functioning correctly they're going to saw there's no obligation that you play the game. If it ruined everything else, maybe.
: Here's a challenge you for you that say's tanks are op
You should include a list of who counts as a tank so there isn't any funny business.
rujitra (NA)
: You suggested not giving standard method of getting champions to players who play ranked. That's a punishment. And if you actually did your research you'd see many times, both on the boards and in Nexus articles and in Ask Riot answers... And more. Given that you didn't even look into that first, I'm not inclined to do your work for you as I doubt you'd believe it even if you see it. If you want to be a competitive player, go join a competitive team. Ranked is merely casual players on a ranked ladder, is not special.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tP170kT8,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-08T21:48:42.559+0000) > > You suggested not giving standard method of getting champions to players who play ranked. That's a punishment. > > And if you actually did your research you'd see many times, both on the boards and in Nexus articles and in Ask Riot answers... And more. Given that you didn't even look into that first, I'm not inclined to do your work for you as I doubt you'd believe it even if you see it. > > If you want to be a competitive player, go join a competitive team. Ranked is merely casual players on a ranked ladder, is not special. You sounds like you'd be a blast at parties. I assume you meant the suggestion that Ranked wouldn't provide BE as being "the punishment" which is an opinion, not a fact. Where I come from, a punishment is a negative action in response for something. A ban would be a punishment. Doing something that doesn't give me rewards, like civil dialogue with nasty board members, is something I'm choosing to engage in. If you want BE, play normals, or buy RP. You have options. If you're punishing - like a ban - you do not get an option. I'll reframe my original statement. Given that you have a habit of calling your opinion fact, I don't believe you. So I'm asking you to cite something so you don't get to cheat. But let's assume you're 100% correct and Ranked is just Normals with a ladder. If that's the case then there isn't a problem not giving out rewards in Ranked because, as you said in this thread, Normals are the same thing. If they're the same thing, you wouldn't mind playing normals. It's the same. So these suggestions wouldn't change anything. AND since I'm asserting they aren't the same thing, we _both_ win because I'm reducing trolls.
: Why are there no pro female players in league?
> [{quoted}](name=Sneak4ttack,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=a8lbX5pj,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-03T19:03:58.226+0000) > > So, Last night, I was watching the pre-game for the finals, at that time, they were showing outplays in the semis and the quarters. But, There were also face cams. None of them, however, were women. It got me wondering, hence the question, Why are there no pro female players in league? Anyone know? I'm just guessing they're smarter than we are and don't waste their time playing this suburban cul de sace of a dead end life choice.
rujitra (NA)
: How is a punishment an incentive? Start by answering that? Lastly, I point out that many of your points have already been discounted by Riot because **Ranked isn't special**. It literally is just a rank ladder. There are no special rules. There are no special handicaps. It is literally the same as normals with a rank ladder.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tP170kT8,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-11-08T21:04:47.027+0000) > > How is a punishment an incentive? Start by answering that? > > Lastly, I point out that many of your points have already been discounted by Riot because **Ranked isn't special**. It literally is just a rank ladder. There are no special rules. There are no special handicaps. It is literally the same as normals with a rank ladder. You'll have to explain what punishment I suggested. Do you have a link for this assertion that Riot says it isn't special? I don't distrust you, I just want to see the wording. Either way, regardless of what position Riot has or hasn't taken on the specialty of Ranked, they certainly are welcoming trolls, and if they've built a ladder it wasn't with the concept of "come what may" - if it's supposed to measure ability, the current system is not doing that. These suggestions are designed to bring the concept of ladder measuring in line with the intended merit-based sifting. Not luck primarily.
: Riot favors bad, and intentionally feeding players as long as they don't talk.
I've suggested some solutions to this problem here: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/tP170kT8-4-ways-to-fix-ranked-in-the-coming-seasons
rujitra (NA)
: You don't suggest incentivizing normals, you suggest penalizing ranked. You further make it sound as if worse players should for some reason not be allowed to play the ranked ladder, just because they aren't plat level. What??? Riot will never implement a prisoners island. Bans are all or nothing. **** Ranked isn't some "tryhard" mode like you want it to be. Ranked is literally just a normal mode but with a ladder and ranking system. That is the design, and your suggestions do not fit with that design.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tP170kT8,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-08T19:24:13.772+0000) > > You don't suggest incentivizing normals, you suggest penalizing ranked. > > You further make it sound as if worse players should for some reason not be allowed to play the ranked ladder, just because they aren't plat level. What??? > > Riot will never implement a prisoners island. Bans are all or nothing. > > **** > Ranked isn't some "tryhard" mode like you want it to be. Ranked is literally just a normal mode but with a ladder and ranking system. That is the design, and your suggestions do not fit with that design. Thats your opinion, and with respect it sounds self-serving and indifferent to the problems at hand. You're welcome to your opinion, but I wrote this to solve problems. Not make people feel good.
: so you want a free sunfire on relic shield ?
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=71W42k11,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-08T16:34:21.769+0000) > > so you want a free sunfire on relic shield ? If it were a free Sunfire, it wouldn't be conditional. Nor would it have the reduced damage it does. So, no. I do not want that.
Show more

RookPusher

Level 114 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion