: It can lead to more anxiety, and the already defeatist attitude in the community could get worse, say, your stat is 1500, you look up one of your opponents and he is 100 above you, that is literally unneeded anxiety towards the match. Mmr does not need to be visible, if anything is should stay hidden while this shitty defeatist attitude that plagues the community exists in such a thick fog.
Um...ok i guess, except for one not so small problem - we have that exact scenario already. We can look up the player, see that they are a division higher and see their win rate for the season, then for the champion, and we have apps that will tell us things like "can carry" "good farmer" and well pretty much everything they need to feel your "fog of defeat" In short, i fail to see how a number associated with the overwhelming other forms of data will make such a negative impact. We have the pie chart already..just tell us what the colors mean.
Kai Guy (NA)
: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=16191 People would be so upset on the current boards if Riot ran a thread like this. And remember apparently Lyte is evil and destroyed the game. Look at how awfull he is. Asking players what the care about and what riot should look into. The nerve of his tone. http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1976101 Boards are used for rants, Shame but that's their role nowadays. Quality discussions with devs went out the dam window when people refused to hold other players accountable for player behavior. My Biased opinion as an old ass player. People who did not experience prior issues don't have the best grasp for why systems are in place or used. Way it goes. People completely ignorant on a topic but going with their gut are wrong most of always. Way it goes.
I see absolutely no reason why a stat can't be visible. They dont even have to rank people based on the mmr...but they are still using the same calculator, and the numbers are in the system somewhere, all i want to do is look at the thing. Whats so terrible about that?
: its down for 2 hours or even 30 min relax kiddo STOP get some help {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
first of all, thats precisely when i have time to play before work. secondly...that pathetic patch could have waited till the season was done.
: Patch 8.22 notes
we have less than a week and youre disabling ranked for this garbage update? keep giving me reasons to divorce this company. Your decision making is so poor...
: Who else hates Infinity edge?
True damage should be removed.
RuFiot (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=S H A Y C 0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WkJJ9REU,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-25T20:55:26.882+0000) > > I am enjoying the conversation, but the second paragraph is somewhat off-topic (though everything you said is good and we are in agreement). As for your color and standing out, when i said "I'm not a fan" what i really meant is that its offensive in nature and adds to the increasing hostility of the environment. I didn't bother saying that then, because as you said you clearly see those words differently and I didn't feel we would make and ground going down that road. >what i really meant is that its offensive in nature I divided _offensive_ to two: * _offensive_ toxic (all the _personal stuff_ (like "f'ing bad decision")) * _offensive_ adding color to sentence (without anything that is personal (like - "I f'ing hate Mondays")) that not all want to see (it annoys you to hear that powerful word ) On the first thing I agreed is bad. On the second, I can see your point of view and said it need more looking onto and i didn't even state my ground, If I don't say an opinion I can't really disagree with you, most of my text is just trying to define the problem more precisely. About the second paragraph, you gave an example and said that the cursing word makes it toxic and the conversation will escalate more because of it, I tried to say the whole example isn't valid cause the sentence is itself toxic with or without the cursing words (so you should not have said it in the first place) and explained what is a valid sentence. The example you gave was part of the point you were trying to make so attacking it is not off-topic imo.
> [{quoted}](name=RuFiot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WkJJ9REU,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-25T21:19:17.339+0000) > > I divided _offensive_ to two: > > * _offensive_ toxic (all the _personal stuff_ (like "f'ing bad decision")) > * _offensive_ adding color to sentence (without anything that is personal (like - "I f'ing hate Mondays")) that not all want to see (it annoys you to hear that powerful word ) > > On the first thing I agreed is bad. > On the second, I can see your point of view and said it need more looking onto and i didn't even state my ground, If I don't say an opinion I can't really disagree with you, most of my text is just trying to define the problem more precisely. > > About the second paragraph, you gave an example and said that the cursing word makes it toxic and the conversation will escalate more because of it, I tried to say the whole example isn't valid cause the sentence is itself toxic with or without the cursing words (so you should not have said it in the first place) and explained what is a valid sentence. > The example you gave was part of the point you were trying to make so attacking it is not off-topic imo. With that explanation now understand where you were going and in that context, it would not be off topic. As to curse words not inherently making a sentence "toxic" My view, in summary, is that no matter what or how you say it, the curse word always adds a hint of aggression to whatever your saying which fertilizes the ground for further aggression thereby becoming a "toxic" catalyst. Now your view may differ, and thats fine, and perhaps this instance is not even an example of the radical widespread bitterness and hateful mistreatment of people that i have experienced in game and on boards, however i see a moral platform and a solid argument to the contrary...perhaps my morals are old fashioned but im not letting them go.
RuFiot (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=S H A Y C 0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WkJJ9REU,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-25T20:26:58.652+0000) > > Im just not a fan of the curse words in general, and it really stood out that F-Bombs were on the front page. The examples i gave were just examples of word usage, there is always a better way to communicate something like the example you just gave would be more precise...however you did just create an imaginary scenario and add a bunch of specifics XD Yes they do standout (makes you feel something/color ) that's why they are special, I can see that a reason pro stopping using them can be - not everybody like to "see" those colors in your sentence (like you said "I'm not a fan"), it is debatable and I need to think if I agree to that and to what extent. In the example I tried to illustrate what I consider a productive message - a message that tells us exactly one simple thing we can do in the future to get a good result or avoid a bad one (I find talking with too many abstractions can lead to complex and not well understood message) the "a bad decision" not telling us what we can do in the future or how to avoid the bad decision, it talks about the past
> [{quoted}](name=RuFiot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WkJJ9REU,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-25T20:47:28.161+0000) > > Yes they do standout (makes you feel something/color ) that's why they are special, I can see that a reason pro stopping using them can be - not everybody like to "see" those colors in your sentence (like you said "I'm not a fan"), it is debatable and I need to think if I agree to that and to what extent. > > In the example I tried to illustrate what I consider a productive message - a message that tells us exactly one simple thing we can do in the future to get a good result or avoid a bad one (I find talking with too many abstractions can lead to complex and not well understood message) the "a bad decision" not telling us what we can do in the future or how to avoid the bad decision, it talks about the past I am enjoying the conversation, but the second paragraph is somewhat off-topic (though everything you said is good and we are in agreement). As for your color and standing out, when i said "I'm not a fan" what i really meant is that its offensive in nature and adds to the increasing hostility of the environment. I didn't bother saying that then, because as you said you clearly see those words differently and I didn't feel we would make and ground going down that road.
: 8.19 Fail Notes
Personally I think true damage needs removed...then balance from there.
Makoodzaka (EUNE)
: i hate flamers
If i didnt know any better...Id say you were definitely a Sith Lord
: Truer words have never been said
If you open up an xbox one(or later) its pretty much a pc with a standard hard drive. So really its a PC with a specialized OS. So the reality is you're over glorifying windows...which makes you a silly person XD
RuFiot (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=S H A Y C 0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WkJJ9REU,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-25T19:55:10.275+0000) > > Often yes, it does yield the same result. But one of those "sometimes" gets a reasonable response, whereas the other almost guarantees a catastrophic meltdown and the imminent replacement of yet another backlit mechanical keyboard. I don't see the point of saying "that was a bad decision" at all, it isn't productive, you can say something in the lines of "next time we need to make sure kaisa alive before starting baron we dont have the dmg" it how to improve in the future and more productive then saying "that was a bad decision" when the nexus explodes and it have 0 added value to the game (not productive). so the graves and the "DAMN YOU" posts aren't personal (when you read them it not talking about you) so the use of the curse words are ok there.
> [{quoted}](name=RuFiot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WkJJ9REU,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-25T20:02:51.307+0000) > > I don't see the point of saying "that was a bad decision" at all, it isn't productive, you can say something in the lines of "next time we need to make sure kaisa alive before starting baron we dont have the dmg" it how to improve in the future and more productive then saying "that was a bad decision" when the nexus explodes and it have 0 added value to the game (not productive). > > so the graves and the "DAMN YOU" posts aren't personal (when you read them it not talking about you) so the use of the curse words are ok there. Im just not a fan of the curse words in general, and it really stood out that F-Bombs were on the front page. The examples i gave were just examples of word usage, there is always a better way to communicate something like the example you just gave would be more precise...however you did just create an imaginary scenario and add a bunch of specifics XD
RuFiot (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=S H A Y C 0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WkJJ9REU,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-25T19:13:30.504+0000) > > It's becoming more and more obvious that your view is being adopted by the majority. The increasing use of caustic language like this is just intensifying the bad behavior. It always starts out as "funny" or "added color" and eventually regresses into anger and malice, that isnt a league observation, I feel its a general rule for social interaction. I am speaking of a point of concern for this place. The game is getting more ridiculous and less fun - and the way people speak to each other compounds the issue. > > example > > "That was a bad decision" > > has a good chance of being replied with "Yeah i messed up" > > "That was a "F'Ing" bad decision" > > most often yields something like "stfu you bronze knob! AFK..." > > while the second conversation is more fun to read...its not the environment any of us really want to be in and why i dont feel it adds anything positive to conversation. I agree with you on the example you gave, "_f'ing_ bad decision" the _f'ing_ adds color "Im **really** angry at **you**" so that color is kinda personal, so toxic I guess, and yes I agree it will lead to an escalation of the conversation. tbh I think saying "That was a bad decision" and "That was a "F'Ing" bad decision" will give the same result of "stfu you bronze knob! AFK..." (people don't like to be criticized in league)
> [{quoted}](name=RuFiot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WkJJ9REU,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-25T19:45:45.811+0000) > > I agree with you on the example you gave, "_f'ing_ bad decision" the _f'ing_ adds color "Im **really** angry at **you**" so that color is kinda personal, so toxic I guess, and yes I agree it will lead to an escalation of the conversation. > > tbh I think saying "That was a bad decision" and "That was a "F'Ing" bad decision" will give the same result of "stfu you bronze knob! AFK..." (people don't like to be criticized in league) Often yes, it does yield the same result. But one of those "sometimes" gets a reasonable response, whereas the other almost guarantees a catastrophic meltdown and the imminent replacement of yet another backlit mechanical keyboard.
: Remember when there was only 2 armor pen items in the game?
i do indeed remember when armor could be penetrated by a crappy IKEA table leg. those were the days.
Namîste (NA)
: I mean that is your fault for not paying attention during the champion select page. You're in a game and it's best to pay attention to all of it including the beginning. It doesn't just start when the announcer says "welcome to summoners rift".
So when someone spits in your drink while you arent looking, its your fault? The idea that the people trying to have fun and win the game (even if its in a non traditional way) have to dodge and waste their life, which btw is finite, is absolutely absurd.
RuFiot (EUW)
: For me toxicity is when you are attacking someone in a personal way, swearing in a sentence just adds some "color" to it
> [{quoted}](name=RuFiot,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WkJJ9REU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-25T18:55:17.147+0000) > > For me toxicity is when you are attacking someone in a personal way, swearing in a sentences just adds some "color" to it It's becoming more and more obvious that your view is being adopted by the majority. The increasing use of caustic language like this is just intensifying the bad behavior. It always starts out as "funny" or "added color" and eventually regresses into anger and malice, that isnt a league observation, I feel its a general rule for social interaction. I am speaking of a point of concern for this place. The game is getting more ridiculous and less fun - and the way people speak to each other compounds the issue. example "That was a bad decision" has a good chance of being replied with "Yeah i messed up" "That was a "F'Ing" bad decision" most often yields something like "stfu you bronze knob! AFK..." while the second conversation is more fun to read...its not the environment any of us really want to be in and why i dont feel it adds anything positive to conversation.
Rioter Comments
Quinzley (EUNE)
: Just remove the ability to play as a duo in Solo Q.
i have a duo...but honestly why have flex Q and a solo Q that you can play with your best buddy with? its silly. it should just be solo ONLY or group.
Kythers (NA)
: silver players ruined this game prove me wrong (I wont read it)
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0oTA1MYE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-26T07:46:11.836+0000) > > silver players ruined this game prove me wrong (I wont read it) Silver really is a silly place, im happy to be just passing through XD... Silver in a nutshell Bronze + Ego + (Toxicity*Rage/Flame)=Silver
TonicuIus (EUNE)
: New AAtrox voice
he sounds like starscreem impersonating megatron....its bad and riot should feel bad
: Why is Nullifying Orb only effective vs magic damage?
I dont like the idea of it being "adaptive", HOWEVER, in the same tier sorcery there should be its counterpart for physical burst. This way you have to make a meaningful choice (as is riots goal in changing the runes) and you can customize your build. Its probably best to put it in the same tier next to nullifying orb that way you its either / or and NOT both and as that would be busted and mandatory for every support/tank.
: I think its because there are significantly less players in flex, so therefore rank disparities are much more common.
i guess but they could have given it 20 more seconds, lol, the Q popped in under 30
Rioter Comments
Mordius (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qGfIEzV5,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-06-12T23:39:56.071+0000) > > NEW IS BAD OLD IS GOOD > > Make this Boards mantra. Especially for champs they only play once a lifetime. All he needed was a new kit, not a full fucking makeover
> [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qGfIEzV5,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2018-06-13T05:00:59.403+0000) > > All he needed was a new kit, not a full fucking makeover Ill tell you what he didn't need, 30 knockups….
CLG ear (NA)
: looks like riven 2.0
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qGfIEzV5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-12T18:27:27.317+0000) > > looks like riven 2.0 That's the first thing that came to mind. Look guys he can use one of his abilities 3 times!!!! So its like having 6 buttons!
SkyWarrioR (EUNE)
: silver 2
I think its adorable that you think there is a difference between silver 3 and silver 2 {{sticker:sg-lux}}
: Come to me, All of you Bronzies and Silvers, Who are weary and burdened.
n0juice (NA)
: ISO a support man.
define "support" XD
: Got banned because of 1 game.
> retardedly ignorant? Personal favorite....its an interesting combination to point out. So they are learning impaired and uneducated Seems redundant.
: Little fix to ranked to ease climbing
I honestly would rather have balanced games before they tweak the lp gains/losses. There is no reason in low elo that a balanced game cant be found, and people entire tiers above you should never show up. also winning 8 games in a row is not reason to face the most amazing opponents and be fitted with first time ranked players...just sayin.
Kaioko (NA)
: Hardly, when you've played and hung out on the forums for years and years you notice that a lot of threads tend to repeat themselves. I've already gone through this conversation several times with both players and Mods/Reds. Just re-using some of the old comments.
I too have seen this discussion several times already, it isnt happening...but the rapid release of the aggressive comments suggests serious neckbearding (yes im enjoying using that as an action verb, you should try it :P)
Zeraon (NA)
: yep and im leaving everyone to die because im not risking being put behind because even if you all int i wont lose that much as long as i dont die and just farm
I feel like yall have been sitting there neckbearding all day for THIS moment...{{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: Phoenix E-Sports Team/Gaming Community
I have followed instructions senpai
Rioter Comments
: Looking to make a silver team
Would you be willing to allow support shenanigans?{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: 6 hour maintenance ?
Can we get some information as to the maintenance being done...and when exactly was it scheduled because this is the first ive heard of it
GreenLore (EUW)
: Because I'm bored and have nothing better to do in my 5-minute breaks xD
GreenLore (EUW)
: My point is that the skin theme is at least connected to Diana,not that Diana should qualify as a water champ. Anyway skins are almost always themed after something completely different and only loosely associated thing,so why do these skins bother you but others(like pretty much every sci-fi skin) not?
Well kid, it just does. Better question here is Why it bothers you so much that i dont share your opinion.{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
GreenLore (EUW)
: You are allowed to disagree with me,but I'm just as well able to disagree with you ;). Anyway the tide is part of the ocean and I really don't understand whats your big problem with these skins.
The wind effects the trees so if were subscribing to your philosophy there should be a Windborn maokai where he is a translucent wind spirit...while slick looking im sure, again id say its a bit stupid. The association is loose at best.
: Just in case anybody would question me being low elo trash making a rant post, heres my main account with a picture of me hitting Diamond 5 on it. I didnt bother to take a pic when I got any higher tho, so youll just have to trust in me that I made it to D1. https://imgur.com/1oNgz0Z
I would point out that your bot lane fed in a meta where bot lanes win games...traditionally a fed botlane counters a fed top lane - but im low elo, so you can safely ignore any wisdom i may have shared with you. god bless
Merlinez (NA)
: 8.11 Summarized.
When does this patch go live?
GreenLore (EUW)
: Why is it stupid?They just wanted some spooky water skins to release alongside Pyke and these 2 make a lot of sense for that theme. Replacing Vlads blood skills with water skills feels quite natural and Diana is the avatar of the moon,who is often associated with the ocean.
The moon may effect the tide, but it is not the ocean. I disagree with the sand skin for pyke as well. They are all super cool looking, but they bug me. And unlike popular opinion...im allowed to not like things that you like.
: Riot does like to explore alternate fantasies with the skin lines. It's not a comment on the base character, per se. It's just a neat way to explore a different take on the champion. What does Pyke have to do with Shurima? Nothing, but sandstorm pyke is a cool skin. What does Rumble have to do with Bilgewater? Nothing, but his pirate ship mech for Bilgewater Rumble is cool. What does Syndra have to do with Sailor Moon? What do Aatrox and Malphite have to do with Pacific Rim? etc.
Personally im ok with the outside runterra themes, but going outside the champion bio inside the same universe bugs me. Thats how i feel.
: alternate universe skins you dummny
well that was uncalled for, and i still think its stupid.
: So PUBG is suing EpicGame/Fortnite for same gaming concept.....
Reported for playing Teemo...Class action to follow {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Jeevze (NA)
: Just came back to League after a 1-2 year break.
they do have voice chat in the client now...so that could help?
: Make a new rank system
bronze is way to easy to get out of. i feel like i should play ad janna top lane from B5 all through silver just to make a point...or atk speed bananas.
Rioter Comments
InTheory (EUW)
: They are improving and implementing new features every so often, they just don't have that many ressources to do that which slows down the process. In regards to how small the part of community is that visits boards frequently, the progress seems reasonable for me. If you have things that need to be fixed or improved in your opinion you should post them in this section and see if people share your thoughts.
the problem with what your saying is you can buy a how to for dummies book, and copy pasta forum code and have a bug free forum that just needs cascading style sheets, lol. the minimal amount of effort it takes to code a forum is being done for highschool computer classes - there is no excuse to have this thing in "Beta" for a decade.
: I just won as Udyr jg and it makes me want to quit LoL.
Im with the video guy...didnt read the post though :P
Show more

S H A Y C 0

Level 108 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion