Rioter Comments
: I think I figured out a solution. Before you set a new keyframe you have to uncheck the box Aplly Sequence ? in the Timeline. If this one is checke you can't move forward or backward. That is how it works for me.
> [{quoted}](name=Sclameeone,realm=EUW,application-id=okOuNvuT,discussion-id=wfE5m1zM,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-26T11:18:55.324+0000) > > I think I figured out a solution. Before you set a new keyframe you have to uncheck the box Aplly Sequence ? in the Timeline. If this one is checke you can't move forward or backward. That is how it works for me. Yeah, this is correct, I figured this out a couple months ago and completely forgot this thread tbh. The camera is locked in place as long as the apply sequence checkbox is checked. When you uncheck it, the camera becomes available again.
Mr Video (NA)
: Food for Thought (from a former toxic player)
Usually when people are toxic to me, im pretty indifferent. Sometimes I rage if its been a long day but most of the time I'm pretty chill and I just ask them if they want to talk about it in discord. Every single time someone goes from flaming me to talking in discord they become the nicest person ever, why? Because voice chat and being able to communicate exactly what you want over a short period of time is alot more effective. Alot of people got mad at me for really stupid reasons, but they were misunderstandings so the hate was justified. One guy for example got really toxic because he said the game was over and I said "The only person that is weak on our team is you, everyone else is doing good." He thought when i said this I was flaming him, and got really toxic the rest of the game over it. After the game I invited him and his duo to talk over discord and we cleared up the misunderstanding and I had a really good talk with his friend about life and stuff. Most people are only bad over chat, although like I said, that is most people, not all.
Rapumies (EUW)
: 14 day suspension, still waiting on what i said that was toxic.
I don't agree with the ban though im sure they will find some way to defend it when you ask player support. I made a reddit thread awhile back about me getting banned for trying to stop a fight between two people. Was positive the entire time, telling people gj and stuff when they played well and at the end of the day Riot told me that I was spamming. So like I said, do I think it's justified? Not really, but do I think they will find a reason to punish you? Yeah. Everyone asks for reports even though its against the rules the only ones who get banned for it are the ones who they want a reason to ban.
: You know I was playing a ranked game and at 15 minutes Riven decided to make use if her snowball and straight up 1v9'd. I dont know who mains puke and riven in the balance team.
> [{quoted}](name=Terrorist5812,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=n2v0pKHE,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-08-14T19:21:16.379+0000) > > You know I was playing a ranked game and at 15 minutes Riven decided to make use if her snowball and straight up 1v9'd. I dont know who mains puke and riven in the balance team. You trying to say something pal?
Glîtchy (NA)
: why do people blame the jungle for their bot lane fucking up?
In my opinion, junglers have most of the control over the game. For me specifically, I get camped almost every other game top, often times even multiple games in a row. Yet it is not uncommon for me to get 0 ganks during those games (reasonably). Although one thing that tilts me extremely hard is when the jungler doesn't come top once over a period of 20 minutes, and then the lanes that he did gank, [or should have been ganking] are losing. So by default I lose my lane, and since the other lanes didn't win from our jungler we now have 3 losing lanes and I no longer have any control over the game. Sometimes I win games with very minimal amounts of kills, just because I spend alot of time sitting under my tower as the jungler camps my lane and zones me out of cs, most of the time though if my jungler isn't decent those are the kind of games I lose. So personally I get very frustrated at junglers when they give up my lane and then we lose the game for that fact. And one of my favorites is when I get blamed for my laner getting fed after them having a ton of ganks. (and by fed I mean 3 or 4 kills at 15 minutes.)
zPOOPz (NA)
: The only way for you to know "they do that every single game" is if you are that person or you pre-made with him every single game... Racism is already part of Zero Tolerance and get escalated punishment, 14-day ban on first offense and perma on second. The only way for it to be taken more seriously is if you get instant perma on the first offense and I don't think racism is enough justification for that kind of extreme punishment.
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=pEZaeelQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-15T10:07:44.898+0000) > > The only way for you to know "they do that every single game" is if you are that person or you pre-made with him every single game... > > Racism is already part of Zero Tolerance and get escalated punishment, 14-day ban on first offense and perma on second. The only way for it to be taken more seriously is if you get instant perma on the first offense and I don't think racism is enough justification for that kind of extreme punishment. You don't have to play with someone every game to see their match history, you can both use league and external sites to do that. Also Racism isn't zero tolerance, I've seen people get away with saying the n-word before without getting banned, despite getting reported. Even recently, someone wasn't banned after one of my games for doing the exact same thing so I had to submit a ticket for him to get notoriety. In a perfect world it may be zero tolerance but truly, it's not.
: > [{quoted}](name=SòlKıng Rıven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OB5GgARq,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-08-06T13:15:18.428+0000) > > No Offense but it's really not RNG, its how the MMR system works. If you're playing in an elo you belong in, you aren't supposed to be climbing to a the above ranks, in a perfect world you would win and lose 50% of your games. If you can confidently say you are better than every other play you play against and consistently hard carry games, then you wouldn't be in that mmr in the first place, whether there are smurfs or not. Ive played in silver recently, ironically on a smurf account with one of my friends and we played with almost zero smurfs, even though I had higher than average mmr. My friend was also constantly claiming that people who beat him were smurfing, when in reality they really weren't he was just making alot of mistakes. I'm not saying smurfing isn't a problem in silver, because obviously it is, just like literally every other elo besides challenger, but the games aren't as "roll of the dice" as you think it is. Also every elo has afks, intentional feeders, toxic players, etc. There is no elo heaven. > Diamond V (or now IV) is specifically notorious of being an elo where people are often inting, feeding, etc, yet smurfs have no issues what-so-ever gliding through those games. I think it simply comes down to the fact that RIot hasn't properly put their foot down for those who like to physically ruin games for others. yes, but say for example you know where you belong, say you're at platinum V and that's the top rank, you win some you lose some, but why? it depends entirely on the teammates you get, therefore RNG. There are other reasons, but that is one
> [{quoted}](name=IllllllIIIIllll,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OB5GgARq,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-08-06T22:45:49.753+0000) > > yes, but say for example you know where you belong, say you're at platinum V and that's the top rank, you win some you lose some, but why? it depends entirely on the teammates you get, therefore RNG. There are other reasons, but that is one As I said, in a perfect world that is the MMR system working as intended. If you are in the perfect mmr you win and lose 50% of your games, it doesn't matter what rank you are. You could be in bronze and because you are at the rank you deserve to be, you shouldn't be climbing and you shouldn't be losing more than 50% unless you're making changes to your gameplay or youre in a rank you do not belong in. Let me tell you for a fact, you shouldn't be even remotely complaining about teammates until diamond iv, and even then its questionable, good challenger players can get into challenger with over a 60% win rate. I've even seen 80% win rates to challenger before. Are you going to win every game? Of course not, that's just how the game works, even the best players don't have a 100% win rate, thats in every game, thats simply life. But, as I said, every elo struggles with this, and there's nothing you can do to possibly change this, its just how statistics work. When you're thrown into a pool of thousands of people 5v5, sometimes you're team hard feeds and theres not too much you can do about it. But that is only a small percentage of your games, good players will still win a very high percentage of their games up to masters. Once you get masters you can complain about RNG. But in reality its a bunch of very good players versus each other, sometimes people play extremely well, sometimes they don't, sometimes you have the better team, sometimes you don't. Again that's life, and if you can't climb and you're not masters you need to be looking at what you're doing wrong and not you're teammates.
mark6028 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SòlKıng Rıven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hvNYGr9Z,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-06T12:11:45.928+0000) > > I agree Riot has pretty terrible design, but at the same time I think the idea that "90% of people play 10% of champs" [whether its true or not] is also the communities' fault. Meta isn't something Riot creates every patch, its something high elo players create and many low elo players follow. While there are alot of people both in high elo and low elo that experiment with out of meta champs, builds, etc, most people in the community want a meta so they know who is strong and who isn't. Obviously no person knows exactly all the variables in every champion and exactly which position they are in a ranking of all the champions in the meta. Some of it is testing, some of it is preference. For example, how many times has their been a meta where something was strong and then out of nowhere a week or two, or even a few weeks into a patch, something extremely 'broken' is observed and many people are trying to abuse it? I'm not a big fan of the Riot balancing team either but lets be realistic here, both the community and the developers share the issue. Riot doesn't create the meta? Literally what? Just look at the next patch
> [{quoted}](name=mark6028,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hvNYGr9Z,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-08-06T16:08:31.715+0000) > > Riot doesn't create the meta? > > Literally what? > Just look at the next patch > I agree Riot has pretty terrible design, but at the same time I think the idea that "90% of people play 10% of champs" [whether its true or not] is also the communities' fault. Meta isn't something Riot creates every patch, its something high elo players create and many low elo players follow. While there are alot of people both in high elo and low elo that experiment with out of meta champs, builds, etc, most people in the community want a meta so they know who is strong and who isn't. Obviously no person knows exactly all the variables in every champion and exactly which position they are in a ranking of all the champions in the meta. Some of it is testing, some of it is preference. For example, how many times has their been a meta where something was strong and then out of nowhere a week or two, or even a few weeks into a patch, something extremely 'broken' is observed and many people are trying to abuse it? I'm not a big fan of the Riot balancing team either but lets be realistic here, **both the community and the developers share the issue.**
: simply put, RNG it's all about having lady luck's favour {{champion:4}}
> [{quoted}](name=IllllllIIIIllll,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OB5GgARq,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-08-05T23:58:56.872+0000) > > simply put, RNG > > it's all about having lady luck's favour > > {{champion:4}} No Offense but it's really not RNG, its how the MMR system works. If you're playing in an elo you belong in, you aren't supposed to be climbing to a the above ranks, in a perfect world you would win and lose 50% of your games. If you can confidently say you are better than every other play you play against and consistently hard carry games, then you wouldn't be in that mmr in the first place, whether there are smurfs or not. Ive played in silver recently, ironically on a smurf account with one of my friends and we played with almost zero smurfs, even though I had higher than average mmr. My friend was also constantly claiming that people who beat him were smurfing, when in reality they really weren't he was just making alot of mistakes. I'm not saying smurfing isn't a problem in silver, because obviously it is, just like literally every other elo besides challenger, but the games aren't as "roll of the dice" as you think it is. Also every elo has afks, intentional feeders, toxic players, etc. There is no elo heaven. Diamond V (or now IV) is specifically notorious of being an elo where people are often inting, feeding, etc, yet smurfs have no issues what-so-ever gliding through those games. I think it simply comes down to the fact that RIot hasn't properly put their foot down for those who like to physically ruin games for others.
: can top laners stop crying.. seriously. if all you wanna do is complain about mages and how little impact you have let me give you some options Ranged top laners that aren't teemo (he sucks) duo q with jungler/mid stop playing top play mordekaiser and profit ?!?! or since the entire playerbase seems to complain about irelia after countless straight nerfs go play her
> [{quoted}](name=LPelican ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pMJO5Lnx,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-05T08:46:31.279+0000) > > can top laners stop crying.. seriously. if all you wanna do is complain about mages and how little impact you have let me give you some options > Ranged top laners that aren't teemo (he sucks) > duo q with jungler/mid > stop playing top > play mordekaiser and profit ?!?! > or since the entire playerbase seems to complain about irelia after countless straight nerfs go play her So essentially; Play Ranged Champions Duo Q to win SoloQ games (1) Stop playing the role entirely (2) Play a specific champ that is strong I think you're kind of out of touch with the top lane problems. Also > Ranged top laners that aren't teemo (he sucks) is one of the big things top laners complain about, that range champs are so abusive. Which is why the low win rate jayce recently got more nerfs. The issues also aren't just with the meta champs, its also with itemization and other things. EDIT: By the way, 2 out of the 4 of these options are basically cop outs, these don't relate to the lane at all, I shouldn't have to stop playing a specific role to win more games, I also shouldn't have to duo in a specific role to win games.
: Which role do you think is the hardest to climb on?
I can say without a doubt in my mind that the hardest role to carry with is ADC. With ADC you either lose lane or you lose pressure on the map and rely on your team until late game. Your best power move is lane swapping with the top laner, but this means the top laner must be strong enough to at least survive a 2v1 bot lane. Winning lane doesn't always come down to skill either, bot lane is often prioritized when it comes to jungle priority because of the map control that is allocated them when they gain a lead. Think about it this way, if bot lane snowballs they instantly guarantee dragon control, despite what is happening mid lane. After that they path mid/top and start taking out the outer towers, giving global gold to the entire team. While they are lane swapped with the top laner they gurantee rift and baron control. On the other hand, losing bot lane is just as bad. Losing bot lane, even if you aren't dying, means sitting under tower waiting for ganks that may or may not come. Good junglers however won't gank a lane thats lost, so if you're far behind its likely you won't get any ganks. Not to mention, the enemy has two people with a lead, not just one, so its harder for them to throw their lead and it's easier for them to extend their lead. Unlike the support role, besides winning lane the ADC has no map pressure, they almost never have opportunities to roam unless they are ahead. (And yes they can use wave management to secure roams but its very limited.)Support on the other hand is one of the best roles to carry with, not the best but close. If they're lane is losing they can take off without getting punished for it, meanwhile if the ADC misses a wave and gets behind in xp, they aren't going to be winning trades because of the level advantage, not to mention their power spike being held back because of the gold disparity. Supports have plenty of opportunities to roam and don't get punished much for it. Mid laners are the center point of the map, the easiest lane to ward, and the best lane to dictate the pace of the game. It's very well established that good mid laners roam often, thats because they can rotate to both bot and top lane within a short period of time and without getting punished too hard for it. Because of the length of mid lane, good wave management means ample opportunities to roam because creep waves crash into tower much faster. Meaning, because the lane is short, when you push the wave in, the opponent is forced to defend before they follow your roam unless they want to get denied a lot. meanwhile in other lanes, if you are ahead you can't do this because it means overextending, and even with wards there may be a high chance that you die to a ganking depending on the jungler. Junglers are the best place to carry from, Mid is second. Junglers don't have to worry about wave management in order to roam, they can roam anytime they want, and if they deny vision they can create pressure in places on the map that they aren't even near. They can win every lane, and they also have the best access to objectives; dragon's coming up? clear this camp and recall then start pathing towards it. Meanwhile other laners have to manage their waves in order to get pressure on dragon. Support is the third, I already explained why it is good above, it doesn't matter if you win or lose, you have really good access to roams since you don't get punished as hard for missing xp or gold. Good supports will roam top and mid often. Top is the 2nd from last, and the wording for that was intentional. Top can seemingly be one of the best roles to carry from, and at other times the worst. Most top laners take tp which means global map pressure, the only issue with tp is the tp economy. If the enemy top laner has tp, then you need to make sure that you have your tp as well so that you can contest their teleport if they teleport. Also, tp's cannot be cancelled anymore, which means if you tp somewhere, you need to know almost for a fact that your tp will be profitable in some way or another. Otherwise you lose your lane and your team gets punished for your lousy tp. Many times you have to weigh using your tp to farm a wave or two top vs potentially missing a teamfight because your tp is down. Thus your tp much like a thresh hook, is often better held rather than used, as a formality. Of course this doesn't mean that tp shouldn't be used at all, but the times when it should be used should be very calculated and precise. With tp out of the way, the top laner can roam mid when ahead without getting punished very much because the of the length of the lane, however the downside is it is extremely obvious when they leave lane to roam, and the spots they have to move through are ward areas that only the laner that is ahead can defend. Meaning its easier to roam when youre ahead because you exhibit more pressure. So you can only tp if you are ahead and confident you can win, you can only roam if you are ahead, and also the other option is lane swapping. Which you can also only do if you are ahead. This is where the junglers come into play, top lane is super volatile, and because of the jungle meta top laners are either getting camped or are getting no ganks at all. Meaning the games where you get camped are plentiful, and whether you win or lose because you are a solo lane, solely depends on how your teammates play and not yourself. Whether you die or not to ganks is irrelevant, if your jungler isn't punishing their jungler for being top constantly then you are getting camped for free. Which sounds really weird but it happens very often. Maybe not so much in the form of your jungler not ganking other laners, but in the form of your jungler ganking other lanes and giving up kills or not getting anything done. I have had games where I have won the 2v1, but still lost the game due to the lack of pressure on the other side of the map. Sometimes you sit and watch as you are ahead in lane and havent gotten punished once from a good gank, you watch in horror as they use rift and get both your top outer towers, and on some occasions even the inhibitor tower in one push. That's not even mentioning how easy it is to get 4 man ganked and 3 man ganked because of the accessibility for other laners to gank top. And lastly like I mentioned above, we have ADC, I already specified why I think ADC is the worst. In the late game they can pop off and solo carry fights easily, which would make it one of the best, but the issue is that if you get counter picked or if you don't get ganks and the opponent does, getting to late game almost never happens, also because of the current deathball meta. So yeah TL:DR From worst to carry to best IMO; 1. ADC 2. Top 3. Support 4. Mid 5. Jungle
enshine (NA)
: Why is the entirety of "shit happens" censored in the client
You realize you can turn off chat filtering right? The reason its like this is because there is no age limit to play league, meaning there's thousands upon thousands of kids playing. Obviously there needs to be censorship involved to account for them. Again it is toggle-able so I don't know why you're complaining about it instead of just toggling the chat filter off.
: Because Rito favoritism balances only those 10 champs, everything else is unplayable.
> [{quoted}](name=RipReviveFkRito,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hvNYGr9Z,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-06T10:25:10.006+0000) > > Because Rito favoritism balances only those 10 champs, everything else is unplayable. I agree Riot has pretty terrible design, but at the same time I think the idea that "90% of people play 10% of champs" [whether its true or not] is also the communities' fault. Meta isn't something Riot creates every patch, its something high elo players create and many low elo players follow. While there are alot of people both in high elo and low elo that experiment with out of meta champs, builds, etc, most people in the community want a meta so they know who is strong and who isn't. Obviously no person knows exactly all the variables in every champion and exactly which position they are in a ranking of all the champions in the meta. Some of it is testing, some of it is preference. For example, how many times has their been a meta where something was strong and then out of nowhere a week or two, or even a few weeks into a patch, something extremely 'broken' is observed and many people are trying to abuse it? I'm not a big fan of the Riot balancing team either but lets be realistic here, both the community and the developers share the issue.
SEKAI (OCE)
: High elo smurfing in low elo; Ruining matchmaking and 'legally' boosting people.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1) "**Smurf duo boosting, that's currently legal when it shouldn't be.**" * Great, so now that you have an idea you have to consider how this will be implemented. Your point here is that you do know want smurfs duo boosting. So there's two main options to branch out from. * First, no ranked duoing. This one would make it so no-one could duo queue in ranked, it would solve the issue however everyone would be getting "punished" for this, not simply the smurfs. * Second, Not enabling smurfs to duo queue. This one is really a shot in the dark but its plausible albeit it hardly. With this idea you have to identify what a smurf is, and I'm not talking about logic I'm talking about algorithms that will make it so people who match a certain criteria are unable to duo queue. This one would be very hard for any possible solutions with the limited variables that league currently has. One option would be win rate, if a person has a certain win rate out of a small portion of games, they are not allowed to duo queue. This would prevent most smurfs from duo queuing, some would use the workaround of intentionally letting their teammates lose some games to allow their win rate to meet the criteria for duo-ing. The other issue is that with a system like this, you're guaranteed to punish an undesirable amount of authentic users, some people may have watched videos and had a sudden boost in macro play that made their game skyrocket, or maybe they watched pro streams and started playing the game already at a higher level of play, these kinds of people would be punished. This one is a little weird, because it's hard to make a conjecture without understanding how a system like this could work correctly, but i myself don't see a way it could ideally work so with all this said we can rule it out. If you have anything that you think could help fix this then just message me and ill give my thoughts on it. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2) "**Disposable smurf used to be toxic on, and sink the punishment that would've otherwise come for their main.**" * This one is a lot more broader than the first one, and because of this I think implementation of an idea like this would be near impossible. There's several possible options to consider but ill give the ones that are the closest to being able to work out and will then explain why they are improbable. * With that said, lets break this down. For starters the issue here is that smurf accounts are disposable, the only solution to making these accounts disposable is by limiting the ability for people to smurf or removing it entirely. As for limiting, I really don't want to get into that because there's a lot to talk about and consider so instead ill simply just talk about the removal of smurfs as a whole. To entirely remove a smurf from the scene there's a few options that I can see; * Firstly IP Addresses could be tracked and IP address that had multiple accounts had one of the counts banned/removed/integrated/etc. The issue with this is rather simple, this would punish people who play on 2 accounts on 1 IP, it would also punish two people who play on separate accounts under the same IP. Which means this can be entirely ruled out, too many people would be getting unfairly punished, in the tens of thousands. * Secondly users would be required to either use a legal binding to create their account (such as a photo id or social security number, etc, such as Korea.) or forced to register a smurf under the name of their main account. Both of these have very clear issues but I will explain them the best I can. Using a legal binding could be very bad, specifically in the U.S. where gaming isn't a culture that's supported as much so as some more widely known nations. The Korean side of LoL actually uses a system like this where Koreans must enter a social security like number in order to play the game, I'm not sure how but this is being abused to this day and smurfing still happens very frequently in Korean servers. The one thing that makes it okay in Korea and not in the U.S. is that the Korean culture is more supportive of gaming, there are gaming cafe's all over the place, where top of the line pc's are available for people to play on. That's just an example, but my point with this idea is that Koreans take gaming to a whole different level, to the point where its become an industry that takes of vast amounts of physical space and Koreans are willing to go to a whole new level to digest their favorite games. The U.S. is different, competition is everywhere, and gaming isn't as much of a supported culture, because of this most people aren't willing to go as above and beyond as Koreans are to game. If Riot enacted a Social Security like system in the U.S. most people would be uncomfortable with matching their legal credentials to a virtual game, and a lot of the play base would move on to another free to play game that wasn't invading their privacy in a way they weren't adjusted to. This means Riot would lose a lot of support in one of their main regions (not to mention if it was enacted in many regions) which also means less funding, less funding means a very sad Riot Games, so this one can be ruled out. * As to the second option, listing your smurf account under your main account, this would fix multiple issues, you could limit the amount of smurfs that people could have while punishing those who misbehave on their smurfs. The clear issue with this is that most people aren't going to be truthful when being asked to link accounts, so they would simply lie and say they don't have a smurf account and simply create another account. Another option could possibly having league create files that track the accounts that the users login on and then linking them. But again the concern with this is punishing people who aren't abusing the system, people who live together and play league, people who share the same computer, and even people who have had friends over to play League of Legends, are all getting punished for this, numbering again in the tens of thousands easily. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3) "**Smurf ruining matchmaking by playing at an elo FAR lower than their main/the player's skill level.**" * This one is touched upon during the above paragraphs since it entails very similar ideals, but ill still break it down to a macro level. The issue with this one is that smurfs should not be able to play at a level far below their main, so the only possible answer is to limit the level to which someone could smurf at. This is already talked about in the above paragraph, smurfs would need to be able to be identified, and without a breach of privacy, and punishing innocent people this option is completely out of the question. Because of this, having something like this in place is improbable. This doesn't mention the issues with removing peoples rankings from their accounts and making them unranked, and several other points mentioned, however if the macro version of the topic is improbable the rest of the issues don't need to be debated. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Took awhile to write, but hope it clears up a lot of questions as to why it hasn't been implemented, Riot has been active for years, I'm sure they have came across some of these topics before in their offices. But while ideas may sound great, the practicality is the biggest issue, and in this case the many of these options are not possible because the implementation of them is far too punishing for everyone involved.
LEAFERA (EUNE)
: Mechanics that should be in the game
1) No. 2) Yes. 3) Yes. 4) No. Accepting PayPal for my in-depth analysis.
: Players seem worse in mid-silver than high bronze. Am I crazy to think that?
I mean the difference a high rank and mid to low of another child/parent rank has historically been extremely subtle. Some people may belong in silver but might get gold off of a lucky streak, and vice versa. This is the same with almost all ranks aside from challenger/masters for obvious reasons.
: I feel like a real problem is that nobody actually knows how accurate league stats are
Yeah those sites use the Riot API to retrieve stats from what I understand. (correct me if im wrong.) The main issue with statistics in my opinion is that there are many different ways to interpret them. Riot for example buffs and nerfs champs based on winrates. But winrates are different for each elo and what might be op in one elo is troll for another. For example ive heard that blitzcrank is pick/ban in bronze. In high plat its a troll pick since he has no lane pressure. Another issue is just because a champion has a good win rate doesn't mean the champion is broken. It could literally mean that the people who are playing it are on average more skilled then the average of people playing other champs. The opposite is true as well, I know a few champs that have low winrates that are absolutely disgusting to play against and if you would ask me while I wasn't looking at a chart I would say they have over a 52% win rate, in reality they might only have a 49% win rate. Theres so many other variables as well, like new champs for example usually have terrible stats at the beginning of the season so its hard to tell if they're good or bad, because everyone is just learning to play them.
: Dear Autofilled supports
Also I want to add onto this, if you're around diamond and you are trying to assist in last hitting, only do it if your adc is playing around it and you have good coordination. If it isn't working out and your ad is just missing cs then stop, drives me nuts when I see people just blindly trying to assist cs.
: Username checks out.
> [{quoted}](name=After3perma,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rptaBixz,comment-id=00130000,timestamp=2019-08-05T08:07:22.566+0000) > > Username checks out. :)
: I once saw a Yasuo hit 170 cs at 15. 170 is roughly 25-minute farm, following the 30-per-5 rule. At least Singed dual lane farming in the enemy base at least has some risks for 220 cs at 15, if the enemy lets him, and starving a teammate.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkstar Annie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FMLLUUjh,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-04T20:32:04.982+0000) > > I once saw a Yasuo hit 170 cs at 15. > 170 is roughly 25-minute farm, following the 30-per-5 rule. > At least Singed dual lane farming in the enemy base at least has some risks for 220 cs at 15, if the enemy lets him, and starving a teammate. 170 if roughly 20 minute farm. You want around 8cs per minute, and even more once the laning phase ends. The only exception would be if theres alot of teamfighting. 10cs per minute is perfect cs, 8cs per minute is reasonable cs.
: This metas jungling role has to change
> [{quoted}](name=EnigmaticMachine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6WGKLddh,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-05T03:50:16.979+0000) > > Please change it, no one wants a hyper ganking jungle meta anymore. Season 3 and 4 where the only seasons to solve this problem Agreed, I have so many games where I get camped and whether I do good or bad is irrelevant. If the enemy jungler can stagnate me enough, and our jungler doesn't gank or doesn't win some of the other lanes the game is completely doomed. Had this game the other day where I got hard camped the entire game (as in 5 ganks at 3 minutes and continuous ganking thereafter.) I was playing Irelia and only died to one gank, and during the 10-12 minute mark I started getting these nutty 1v2 outplays. Turns out my jungler on the otherside of the map literally did not gank a single lane, and the other 2 lanes were losing. So despite me getting really fed off the enemy jungler and not dying to his camps I still end up losing. It sounds like a really niche scenario but it happens so often. Every 4 or 5 games or so I would say, although it's not often that im able to 2v1. Jungle has so much of a high impact on every role, I feel like some games are just entirely out of my control, even if im making the correct decisions. Although im only p2 so thats what my game knowledge amounts to.
: Can something be done with Riven already
Honestly, I think they should just revert her previous changes and remove shojin, and she would be in a spot i like. Right now I think her lanes are way too volatile, either she dominates or she gets destroyed. The shield cd increase makes counters such as kennen steamroll her, meanwhile if shes ahead she can stack her passive stacks and deal alot of damage in a short period of time because of her q buff. Shojin is just a stupid item in general and is anti fun, ex. Renekton. Renekton with shojin means you're getting stunned every 2 seconds or so if he's resetting autos. Not to mention its also extremely strong on Riven.
: Is it now time to nerf Tristana?
Tristana really isn't that good, if anything I feel like she needs a buff.
: If "FILL" is your primary role, the "SECONDARY" Role should let us choose what role we don't want
It's a good idea, but it punishes people who want an almost gurantee to play two roles. I always play top/mid because those are my strongest roles, the only option for me if this were in place would to do top/jg, eliminating top but allowing me to go elsewhere. Although the chance of me getting mid if I don't get top is 1/3 instead of 1/2 if autofill is off.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=nagybubu,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Wod73job,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-02T10:43:21.296+0000) > > Obv they don't, cuz Riot is in kahoots with the Chinese. Riot's language moderation system has never worked that well outside of English. It's not exclusive to Mandarin.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Wod73job,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-02T10:50:26.401+0000) > > Riot's language moderation system has never worked that well outside of English. It's not exclusive to Mandarin. This ^ My point was, because it was chinese, they probably aren't able to regulate it. But should it be regulated? Yes.
: I made a Pyke so mad in ARAM he threatened to send a hitman on me
Oh boy, did noone tell him that the 5,000$ hitmen on the darkweb are all honeypots?
Rioter Comments
: In short, Yes.
> [{quoted}](name=skills of luck,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Wod73job,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-01T23:19:50.759+0000) > > In short, Yes. Has he been banned though? And would someone who said this in english receive the same treatment?... Are my concerns.
: Promoted? Oops, Sorry! That Was an Error. Have 5 Feeder Teams in a Row.
I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but do you really think thats whats holding you back in bronze? I mean I can understand intentionally feeding, afking, etc, but just feeding teammates happens in every elo.
: "Reasoning with teammates" Followed with tips to Reason with your Team.
"top is hard feeding" also saying someone is useless would also be good reasoning. i.e. our top laner is useless so why would they splitpush instead of teamfight, they cant win 1v1. It might not be the moral high ground but it is using a logic to dictate a point. if the top laner is indeed feeding, thats the truth, and if they are useless that is also the truth. Just being someone may be useful in the future doesn't mean they're not currently useful.
Zardo (NA)
: It's not punishable on it's own, but it should be. First off, the adc literally wont be able to get any CS. Second, they'll get 3 player dove. Third, you're soaking xp from champions who need solo xp. Genuine roaming is fine. You need to go back to lane to prevent dives after you roamed to make plays. If not, you're just shooting yourself in the foot.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YXAzm5Vb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-29T13:30:42.269+0000) > > It's not punishable on it's own, but it should be. First off, the adc literally wont be able to get any CS. Second, they'll get 3 player dove. Third, you're soaking xp from champions who need solo xp. > > Genuine roaming is fine. You need to go back to lane to prevent dives after you roamed to make plays. If not, you're just shooting yourself in the foot. With rules you have to draw a line, you can't say roaming is okay but staying in a lane is not okay. If they roam and get a kill and then have no-one else in the lane and continue to push for free towers, that would be a punishable offense? If not then where do you draw the line. If roaming is okay then at what point is it overly staying in another lane. Because its okay to take time for a gank, or to even be in the lane when you want to engage. The reason why this is not a punishable offense is because its a slippery slope, someone who would get banned for being in someone elses lane could simply saying they were staying for a kill opportunity, it was a roam not being in a different lane. Likewise if you say the adc has to be getting punished for it to be considered not roaming, the adc will get punished anytime the support roams so that wouldn't be viable either.
: WE HAVE TO STORM BALANCE HEADQUARTERS
Well if it makes you guys feel any better, from what ive heard one of the lead people who balance the game doesn't even play the game, and he was quoted saying you dont need to play a game to balance it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Juxin,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BIv6W2Eh,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-29T16:47:27.087+0000) > > I understand it's summer time right now so kids are out of school right now, and I'm not trying to stereotype. I understand some kids are way more well behaved than actual adults, but my god is the game just fucking toxic right now. > I can easily say I see more grown ass men act like 12 year old jackass toxic brats in various games, then I do kids. There have been several times, on various games, where a kid was being annoying or slightly toxic in coms and we've called them out AND THEY ACTUALLY ADMIT THEY WERE WRONG and chill tf out. So are kids annoying sometimes, yeah, are kids trolls in-game sometimes, yeah, but one thing I've never heard a grown toxic man in-game say is "yeah I'm sorry I'll chill out"............so blaming any level of toxicity on kids is just a meme at this point, because in reality it's usually 18-35 yo men (typical 25-35) who are the biggest source of immature toxicity and who are completely incapable of seeing they're wrong in the moment and either apologizing and backing down, it's not just kids. _(And before some sensitive person freaks because I said men, I'm just going on the fact you run into men way more than women......but women can be toxic a-holes too, not saying it's only men - okay?)_
> [{quoted}](name=xox BaByDoLL xox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BIv6W2Eh,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-29T22:43:14.613+0000) > > I can easily say I see more grown ass men act like 12 year old jackass toxic brats in various games, then I do kids. > > There have been several times, on various games, where a kid was being annoying or slightly toxic in coms and we've called them out AND THEY ACTUALLY ADMIT THEY WERE WRONG and chill tf out. > I second this, when people get mad at me im usually pretty chill about it. Had one guy the other day call me a r%%%%%, I invited him to discord afterwards. He said he didn't want to join because he didn't think I would listen to him but I assured him I would, turns out he was a pretty cool dude and he was just frustrated in the heat of the moment. When he heard my side of the story he wasn't as salty anymore, and we chatted for like an hour afterwards. I like talking to people that are toxic because sometimes people will get toxic over simple misunderstandings. Like the one above, the guys friend was really toxic to me because I said something along the lines of nobody in the game is behind besides you, and he took it as me trash talking him when in reality it was the opposite. Voice coms are so much better. I wish they had them for the entire team.
DarVux (EUW)
: I was honor lvl 3 before the restriction and now it says i'm lvl 1, does this mean i will still get loot boxes or wil i have to wait until the season ends?
> [{quoted}](name=DarVux,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Rv5hA1ws,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-29T18:09:44.667+0000) > > I was honor lvl 3 before the restriction and now it says i'm lvl 1, does this mean i will still get loot boxes or wil i have to wait until the season ends? if you are not level 3 or above, then you need to receive honors consistently to get your honor level to go up. You won't receive honor level 3 rewards if you are honor level 1. Gatekeeper already explained the extent to which you can receive rewards at honor level 1.
Lyman17 (NA)
: Logged in and account randomly banned? what?
Tickets take time, since theres alot of people who play League, and player support receives many tickets each day. Just be patient and await a response, thats the best possible solution that you could get from anyone here. It's supports jurisdiction and noone here can help you other than telling you to make a ticket and wait. Responses can sometimes take a day or two.
: During my time travelling far from the superior region of EUW, i also found myself in the curiosity of the NA server. After a test sample of 50 games, i have discovered that the toxicity levels drop ny an incredible rate of 98%. After further investigation, I found out that those 2% make up the entirety of the Europeans who come to this sacred land believing that they are the rightful heirs to the throne. I shall henceforth make a recommendation to my sponsors of the experiment to fully transfer all of my account to NA. The 2600rp is only a small price to pay for this _amazing wonderland_ {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=Cind3rkick,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ApAppcun,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-25T22:14:29.939+0000) > > travelling far from the superior region of EUW > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Excuse me?
Rioter Comments
: My Personal Opinion
For a lot of people is behavior that is geared specifically for winning, if what they did tilts the enemy player then they can sometimes get a free win off mental games alone.
: i can't solve high ping problem
When in doubt, reset your router. Pulk the power out and wait 30 seconds or so, plug it back in and wait a few minutes for the internet to reboot, if that doesn’t work, 90% of the time you will need a technician called from your isp.
: This is why I am losing faith in League.
I din’t need to read through it to see the ban is warranted, the simple amount of typing you did warrants a ban itself, its a trigger for IFS. While I don’t necessarily agree with it, if you go to riot support they will just say they banned you under the pretext of spamming. I would recommend muting people that tilt you, or in the least just not typing back. EDIT: Also this belongs in player behavior, especially since you're not necessarily asking anything here. And your remake about only repeating what they said is irrelevant to Riot, context doesn’t matter, IFS bans off of keywords and several other factors, it doesn't matter whether you're repeating what someone else said or not.
: having game disconnected after champ selection
Uninstall of your antivirus programs, if this problem is still occurring after the servers are fixed then you should contact riot support and as a last resort you can reinstall league. Reinstalling league is the safest option but wince its time consuming I would recommend checking with support first
: Can i deposit rp online (not on lol client)
No you cannot, anything you purchase on the client is owned by riot games and stays on the client
Rioter Comments
rujitra (NA)
: 1. There are also many cases of people punished after only one game of intentionally feeding. In fact, there have been two in the past 24 hours that have posted on the boards regarding such a case. One of them either self-deleted or a moderator deleted his thread, however. 2. It is a debate, because this is a discussion forum, and that's a fact. Riot Support does not issue manual punishments unless there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, and many cases (but not all) will be caught automatically. 3. Your post: "Riot doesn't really ban intentional feeders until they get reported after like 5 games in a row" - That literally says "players 'really' don't get banned until they get reported after like 5 games in a row". You literally said that, to get banned, it's almost necessary to have 5 games in a row. That is untrue and misleading, because it is not a requirement and most intentional feeders will be punished after one game. 4. They have one. What system do you suggest that would be an improvement and not punish innocent players? I encourage you to go create a thread with your suggestions here.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0kXVh3s5,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T08:34:41.610+0000) > > 1. There are also many cases of people punished after only one game of intentionally feeding. In fact, there have been two in the past 24 hours that have posted on the boards regarding such a case. One of them either self-deleted or a moderator deleted his thread, however. > > 2. It is a debate, because this is a discussion forum, and that's a fact. Riot Support does not issue manual punishments unless there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, and many cases (but not all) will be caught automatically. > > 3. Your post: "Riot doesn't really ban intentional feeders until they get reported after like 5 games in a row" - That literally says "players 'really' don't get banned until they get reported after like 5 games in a row". You literally said that, to get banned, it's almost necessary to have 5 games in a row. That is untrue and misleading, because it is not a requirement and most intentional feeders will be punished after one game. > > 4. They have one. What system do you suggest that would be an improvement and not punish innocent players? I encourage you to go create a thread with your suggestions here. 1. Again not a debate, keywords are key, you're arguing with yourself here. Never in my post did I say that people don't get banned instantly after a game. 2. Again, arguing with yourself, I even mentioned this in my last post. 3. Context and verbiage, I didn't use any absolute terms in this sentence, which means my point isn't always correct, i'm not that naive. 4. They don't have a fleshed out system for it like they do for the IFS
rujitra (NA)
: 1. The system 2 years ago is not the system now. 2. The vast majority of players who will be banned for intentionally feeding will be banned by the automated system. 3. It's not enough evidence most of the time, but you made it sound like it must have 5 games to punish, which is untrue and misleading. 4. You claim this is because Riot is "lazy", but it's in reality because they don't want to risk banning innocent players.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0kXVh3s5,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T04:22:54.457+0000) > > 1. The system 2 years ago is not the system now. > > 2. The vast majority of players who will be banned for intentionally feeding will be banned by the automated system. > > 3. It's not enough evidence most of the time, but you made it sound like it must have 5 games to punish, which is untrue and misleading. > > 4. You claim this is because Riot is "lazy", but it's in reality because they don't want to risk banning innocent players. 1. Never said it was, I'm not sure where you got this from? If the post was 2 years old then just google it yourself, theres plenty of instances of intentional feeders getting away with multiple games in a row. Again this comes back to the point of riot being unable to detect intentional feeders with what processes they currently have. 2. I don't know how this point came up, it's not even a debate. 3. Reread my post and pay attention to the wording, it hasn't been edited. 4. I claim riot is lazy because they could easily put a system in place that specifically looks for and punishes intentional feeders. They don't want to invest money into it, simple as that, they want IFS to handle everything. Thats lazy
rujitra (NA)
: That is not how the system works. The system does not care about number of reports, nor how many games someone is reported in.
I didn't say that was how the system worked, I said thats how many games it takes for them to get banned. There was a reddit thread a few years ago about a guy that inted 10 (more or less) games in a row and still wasn't banned. Gatekeeper especially doesn't know what he is talking about, while inting is obviously not tolerated, as I stated above the main issue is that the community reports people who are inting, and riot has trouble identifying inters with the system they currently use. So for many intentional feeders it takes awhile before they get banned. One or two games isn't enough evidence 99% of the time. I mean don't take my word on it, have you ever reported an intentional feeder and then checked their op.gg to see if they're still playing? EDIT: with a simple google search, exhibit A; https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/sNjGrJf0-riot-our-intentional-feed-system-detect-and-ban-feeders-usually-after-1-game Not the post I was talking about, but this was the first post in my search.
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0kXVh3s5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-20T02:28:05.268+0000) > > 6 deaths in 12 minutes is hardly "running it down mid". Did he grief/troll? Maybe. I don't care to find and watch the replay. But don't lie about what he did. > > He got stomped in lane, then y'all gave up. no he just ran into mid turret as soon as the game starts. He did that three times in a row and stopped a little then continue feeding. You can see he died 3 times before 2min.
Riot doesn't really ban intentional feeders until they get reported after like 5 games in a row, its a mix between riot being too lazy to make a system that properly punishes intentional feeders, and the community constantly reporting people for intentionally feeding just because they do bad.
Rioter Comments
: If you didn't violate the rules then you're fine. Also one report has the same effect as nine; mass reports have the same power as one
Actually this isn't entirely true, in most cases it is, but depending on how much you type you may just be instantly suspended. IFS tends to give instant punishements to people who type, whether its positive or negative feedback, if you're reported and you type alot you can be banned. This Happened to my friend once, he got banned when playing with a 4 queue on his team. They flamed him and reported him and he got banned because he responded to what they were saying, despite not being toxic. I actually made a reddit post about this awhile back that almost made front page on the LoL subreddit, I had a game where I was being positive the entire game but I got banned because support said I was typing instead of muting my teammates. I tried to mediate during an argument and tried to encourage them to continue playing since they threatened to afk, and eventually one did. Bottom line is that no response is the base course of action if you want to avoid being banned.
Show more

SòlKıng Rıven

Level 248 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion