Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Anyone ever had like horribly socially awkward duos off here?
floo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sõsuke Aizen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=00030003000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T12:09:39.120+0000) > > I'm not sure what you mean by "same amount of bans to any offenders then?" Are you asking why they wouldn't give the same bans to DIFFERENT types of offenses? Or to different people committing the same offense? Yes, I meant the same amount of bans for any kind of offense, regardless of the person, severity or situation. If that was the case, I could understand that they don't care about someone's account at all, but it isn't. > And of course, one should always be introspective and work on themselves but I'd argue it's equally unrealistic to expect people not to react to situations like this in a negative way when you've essentially anchored everyone's personal progression to completely random strangers on the internet. That's understandable. But it's only unrealistic for players who actually cannot compose themselves. League is a toxic game, no doubt. And they should certainly try to improve, but it's not like Riot didn't try. There's the honor system and their "Teamwork" campaign for example. > It's one thing to keep a cool head in any singular incident but I'd imagine a lot of the people getting banned for being "toxic" are exposed to that same situation over and over and over and over for hundreds or thousands of hours and they just can't stomach it anymore. Again, it very much is on the player to compose themselves regardless of the situation. If those things happen over and over again, you'll have to learn to deal with it or stop. It's not like we could ever entirely get rid of trolling anyway. > I'd rather they just keep chat-related offenses to chat-related punishments, I.E. chat mutes. > > People shouldn't be losing money and all their time/effort over being a human being. I also don't think people should lose their invested money over trivial things. But if those trivial things accumulate to a large amount (as in 4 for League's case), you kind of missed the point of the punishments. If it was as easy to keep chat-related punishments to chat-related offenses, they'd have done it. They did try it for a while in earlier seasons, but players would eventually go to more gameplay related offenses once they received a permanent chat ban. So to avoid that, they instead get 4 chances to notice what they're doing is wrong. After all, what would profit Riot from perma-banning people for chat offenses instead of just muting them from the get go?
> [{quoted}](name=floo,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=000300030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T13:22:10.613+0000) > > Yes, I meant the same amount of bans for any kind of offense, regardless of the person, severity or situation. If that was the case, I could understand that they don't care about someone's account at all, but it isn't. > It probably stems from the commonly held ideological hivemind that's plagued most of the tech industries and liberal pockets of society coupled with social/cultural pressure. Anything that's homophobic/transphobic/racist/etc... is seen worse and held to a different standard than someone calling you an a-hole. > That's understandable. But it's only unrealistic for players who actually cannot compose themselves. League is a toxic game, no doubt. And they should certainly try to improve, but it's not like Riot didn't try. There's the honor system and their "Teamwork" campaign for example. > To be fair, toxic players don't feel like they're encouraged via the honor system, they feel as though they're punished by it. That's not an incentive for them to be better, but to be behave worse, IMO. It's all about perception and if they're feeling as though they're being scolded they're just going to have a negative reaction. > Again, it very much is on the player to compose themselves regardless of the situation. If those things happen over and over again, you'll have to learn to deal with it or stop. It's not like we could ever entirely get rid of trolling anyway. > It's not about what someone ought to do. I think everyone agrees that someone should behave accordingly but that's not a practical solution when they're bombarded with the same negative experiences day in and day out and there's seemingly no help for them and any time they ask for some sort of fairness, I.E. a system that's punishing the people creating the negative experiences via trolling/griefing, they're just ridiculed and talked down to as though they're social lepers for having a completely normal response to being stuck in a perpetually bad experience. > I also don't think people should lose their invested money over trivial things. But if those trivial things accumulate to a large amount (as in 4 for League's case), you kind of missed the point of the punishments. > If it was as easy to keep chat-related punishments to chat-related offenses, they'd have done it. They did try it for a while in earlier seasons, but players would eventually go to more gameplay related offenses once they received a permanent chat ban. So to avoid that, they instead get 4 chances to notice what they're doing is wrong. > After all, what would profit Riot from perma-banning people for chat offenses instead of just muting them from the get go? We're getting close to the point I already addressed with this bit, here. It's again, about perception. Perma-banning people for a first time offense would be too heavy-handed and the playerbase would collapse. That's not good for the product. Try to look at everything you know about the system in-place and what's necessary in-game and what signals Riot's already sent via some of their punishments. Let's look at chat. Why is there an /all chat in the game to begin with? Why would you put in a chat for people on opposing teams to communicate with one another in a competitive video gaming environment? It seems a bit silly if you're going to make rules that punish the inevitable situation that will arise between people shit-talking one another, right? Let's look at how you're punished for chat-related offenses. You're muted. Why? Wasn't their stance a long time ago that we couldn't have mutes because communication was key and it was so important that chat was necessary? Why not mute them indefinitely then? It 100% solves the problem of the offenses without ever taking away their money/progression. Why's muting okay at all then? And if muting is okay, why do we need a chat? Can we turn the chat off? Yes. How do we turn the chat off? In the options... in-game. Why would you get muted over chat offenses in the first place? Because you're open to reacting to your impulses. Right? Why can't we just move the toggling of the chat on/off to the out-of-game client and remove it from the in-game client so you can't impulsively turn it back on the moment something bad happens in-game and you want to air your frustrations? I've been suggesting this for years to no avail as well. I think it ALL boils down to the same thing, more or less, once you've establish that there are ways of handling the problem without ever touching the accessibility of the account. Riot benefits from banning your account. They understand human psychology and they're paying people to figure out how to put you into states where you want to spend more money. People who grind their accounts, unlock all the champions, have adequate rune pages, have a nice collection of skins... They don't have an immediate compulsion to buy, not like someone who's had virtually everything at their disposal and is now basically bound to the F2P roster, default rune pages, no skins, etc... I believe the design is very deliberate and it's been molded into this over the years. What alternative could be better than having a system that directly caters to your wants as a company and jives with certain social norms. I keep seeing people make the mistake of anthropomorphizing companies. They did it with Blizzard and the Hong Kong debacle and they do it with Riot. They're companies. They don't have a moral compass. They have investors. They want money. Whatever 'good' you perceive them doing is purely by happenstance of a model they've come up with to make their product available to the widest audience possible for their money. They don't care about you as a person. They're not a moral entity and you should not look to them as such. There are individuals that work for Riot and those individuals can be good people but that doesn't mean anything in the scope of what we're talking about.
: Zed's countered by Poison, and at 1 star is pretty weak even with optimal items. He needs 2 stars to really shine, and to hope he's not countered. Zed's fine. The item duplication and multiple clones are intentional/how he works. > [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n7rqGUYv,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-08T15:01:58.063+0000) > > that is broken > > you know > > when you have an entire board filled with zeds all having the same tier/items as the original zed Yes, it's broken having a ton of Zeds with proper items. However that scenario doesn't usually pop up. He typically gets 1, maybe 2 clones off.
> [{quoted}](name=Its Yuu and Mi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n7rqGUYv,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-08T16:22:46.905+0000) > > Zed's fine. > > Yes, it's broken having a ton of Zeds with proper items. Are you sure about that?
floo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sõsuke Aizen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=000300030000,timestamp=2019-12-08T10:07:20.108+0000) > > This is kind of a dishonest premise to suggest. > League of Legends wouldn't exist if they banned anyone for first-time offenses. > > That isn't an act of altruism. > > They want to make money and exiling practically every person on the planet from the game the moment they so much as look the wrong way in chat would make quick work of that enterprise. I guess that's another reason for them to do so that just goes hand in hand with each other. But why wouldn't they give the same amount of bans to any offenders then? Likelihood? And even if that was the only reason, it still gives you multiple chances to notice and better yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=floo,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=0003000300000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T10:55:54.417+0000) > > I guess that's another reason for them to do so that just goes hand in hand with each other. > But why wouldn't they give the same amount of bans to any offenders then? Likelihood? > > And even if that was the only reason, it still gives you multiple chances to notice and better yourself. I'm not sure what you mean by "same amount of bans to any offenders then?" Are you asking why they wouldn't give the same bans to DIFFERENT types of offenses? Or to different people committing the same offense? And of course, one should always be introspective and work on themselves but I'd argue it's equally unrealistic to expect people not to react to situations like this in a negative way when you've essentially anchored everyone's personal progression to completely random strangers on the internet. It's one thing to keep a cool head in any singular incident but I'd imagine a lot of the people getting banned for being "toxic" are exposed to that same situation over and over and over and over for hundreds or thousands of hours and they just can't stomach it anymore. I'd rather they just keep chat-related offenses to chat-related punishments, I.E. chat mutes. People shouldn't be losing money and all their time/effort over being a human being.
: Personal research about inting people
Everyone knows why someone that is harassing another player is punished more commonly than trolling/griefing/inting. It's infinitely easier to scan a chat log for harassment than it is to weigh the personal metrics of each individual player in a particular game and try and create the context needed to assume they were intentionally trying to grief a game in a certain way. It's not fair that it happens, but it does happen. Riot would ban griefing/trolling/inting if it were at all possible to actually prove those people were doing what they were doing in a cost-effective manner.
: Hey, Riot. You wanna' fix the Zed exploiting in TFT already?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBHBZf625c8 It's around 40:30, I believe, if you want to see what it is that's happening. The only reason this wasn't a problem is because it just happened to be against a level 3 Sivir with HoJ/Rageblade that mechanically hard-countered the cancer that happened. But you could also make the argument that this isn't even optimal Zed cancer. Change the P.D. out for a Crossbow and it'd be infinitely more ridiculous.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sõsuke Aizen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n7rqGUYv,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-08T09:59:12.779+0000) > > Not like literally everyone knows about it now. I dont. Actually, what is it?
> [{quoted}](name=Dreamspitter,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n7rqGUYv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-08T10:00:43.202+0000) > > I dont. Actually, what is it? Zed clones inherit your items so people are putting G.A./Redemption on him so that you end up with like 40 Zeds that constantly resurrect and heal the entire team.
floo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Yordle Gunner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-07T21:39:56.140+0000) > > I've been restricted multiple times in the past, I'm honor 3 now. But let me tell you, as someone who only has 1 account and put a lot of time and money into. I was actually scared to open my games to play because I wondered every single time, is this the moment I lose my account? Did too many people dislike me last game and report me? > > Riot doesn't realize or doesn't care how much this can affect people. I almost lost my account for telling off trolls and griefers, I've learned now just to let them troll. I can't imagine how many other people have given up on league or have just broken down because of this. And Riot does NOTHING. And this community makes the problem worse by not understanding what is right and wrong. Okay some of these answers here are just ridiculous. If Riot didn't care shit about your account you'd get banned for a single offense to just be safe and get rid of you. Is that the case? No, you get a second chance if you rage-int a game, even 4 if you just go berzerk in chat. Those are your chances to notice "hey what I'm doing isn't gonna work". It's on you to change your behaviour, just like it's your account. Then I always hear this "get banned for telling off griefers and trollers, cuz what they are doing is worse!" a) you don't get to shittalk just bc someone else can't behave, it's your actions that you're responsible for. b) how do you even manage to get banned _multiple times_ for that? Wtf are you telling those people? c) what even is the point? Cool, you tell someone someone is inting. Now what? It doesn't matter if they are reported 1 or 9 times, Riot stated that themselves. What do you get for calling them out? It's not like they'll get punished any faster. Text offenses are easier to detect and people don't get why and get vocal about it, thats why those bans are much more common on the boards. Why would someone who inted 20 games write a post about how it's unfair? Is the system perfect? No. Thats why an optimized Tribunal should return to aid the algorithm.
> [{quoted}](name=floo,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=00030003,timestamp=2019-12-08T09:55:52.923+0000) > > Okay some of these answers here are just ridiculous. > > If Riot didn't care shit about your account you'd get banned for a single offense to just be safe and get rid of you. Is that the case? No, you get a second chance if you rage-int a game, even 4 if you just go berzerk in chat. Those are your chances to notice "hey what I'm doing isn't gonna work". It's on you to change your behaviour, just like it's your account. > > Then I always hear this "get banned for telling off griefers and trollers, cuz what they are doing is worse!" > a) you don't get to shittalk just bc someone else can't behave, it's your actions that you're responsible for. > b) how do you even manage to get banned _multiple times_ for that? Wtf are you telling those people? > c) what even is the point? Cool, you tell someone someone is inting. Now what? It doesn't matter if they are reported 1 or 9 times, Riot stated that themselves. What do you get for calling them out? It's not like they'll get punished any faster. > > Text offenses are easier to detect and people don't get why and get vocal about it, thats why those bans are much more common on the boards. Why would someone who inted 20 games write a post about how it's unfair? > > Is the system perfect? No. Thats why an optimized Tribunal should return to aid the algorithm. This is kind of a dishonest premise to suggest. League of Legends wouldn't exist if they banned anyone for first-time offenses. That isn't an act of altruism. They want to make money and exiling practically every person on the planet from the game the moment they so much as look the wrong way in chat would make quick work of that enterprise.
Rioter Comments
Terozu (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jesus is Savior,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=000200020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T07:27:26.384+0000) > > Hundreds. Hundreds of bot games mixed with regular games. > > Pretty sure it changed at the beginning of season 9. They did the "if you only got a chat restriction and didn't hit honor 2 you still get your season 8 rewards" thing, and then also made the honor climb a lot harsher because at this point "everyone has been given an adequate amount of warning." > > If you send in a ticket at the moment complaining about honor progress being slow, Riot support will literally tell you it's supposed to take an entire season of "reform" to get back to honor level 2. Not 5 days lmao. Also, I think a moderator or something tested the system (had a Rioter manually set their account to honor level zero) and it took a LONG time. Like several months of multiple games a day. But I can't find the thread. My account went from 0 to honor 1 in 5 days. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/2dLK3IWP-i-got-out-of-honor-0-in-5-days Tantram himself congratulated me. And the only change I've seen on the system was in Pre-Season 8, where they slowed down the progress since they were stretching it to a full season instead of half a season. I ended that season at honor level 4, 3 check points. It has _always_ supposed to have taken a whole season to go up. That's the entire point. And I've been honor 5 for a couple months now. Now since you clearly haven't gotten the point- You aren't as positive as you think you are. You're playing low honor games and getting mad when it's taking a long time? Bot games give next to _nothing_. Complaining you aren't going up fast while playing bot games is like complaining about counting to a million one at a time instead of by thousands when you have the full option to do so. It's like getting mad they wont give you your license back after a dui because you've been driving a Plastic car so well.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj1Ekb1E,comment-id=0002000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T08:01:56.215+0000) > > My account went from 0 to honor 1 in 5 days. > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/2dLK3IWP-i-got-out-of-honor-0-in-5-days > Tantram himself congratulated me. > > And the only change I've seen on the system was in Pre-Season 8, where they slowed down the progress since they were stretching it to a full season instead of half a season. > > I ended that season at honor level 4, 3 check points. > It has _always_ supposed to have taken a whole season to go up. That's the entire point. > And I've been honor 5 for a couple months now. > > Now since you clearly haven't gotten the point- You aren't as positive as you think you are. > > You're playing low honor games and getting mad when it's taking a long time? Bot games give next to _nothing_. Complaining you aren't going up fast while playing bot games is like complaining about counting to a million one at a time instead of by thousands when you have the full option to do so. > > It's like getting mad they wont give you your license back after a dui because you've been driving a Plastic car so well. Well to be fair, this is just another problem with the system. If someone wants to play bot games instead of games with other people, they shouldn't be punished to the point that they feel pigeon-holed into going back into the matches with the "trollers/griefers" in order to get the Honor back they lost due to the trolling/griefing in the first place.
: How the hell did Riot manage to fuck this game up for 2 seasons?
Has anyone else watched some of the Aphelios videos yet? I don't get it. When everyone's already complaining about everything being overtuned and you pretending that you hear the complaints about everything being overtuned, you then somehow think it's a great idea to release probably the most overloaded character kit design you've ever made? Everything they do seems to run contrary to what they're saying they understand about the game. Hard to find any excuses to defend the things they keep doing.
Cõmega (NA)
: Inconsistency with the mod team
""Fuck you" to literally every video game developer in the modern era. Why is the default setting in your game client always "borderline deaf?" Saw a name for an account I wanted was available so I made a new alt to snag it and it loaded up that cinematic and my ears were in physical pain from how loud it was." ---------------- This got my thread removed.
: fire people who are volunteers and dont work for riot and arent paid ?
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yKH1JsNx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-02T00:17:29.168+0000) > > fire people who are volunteers and dont work for riot and arent paid ? You're right. There should be no accountability for anyone who volunteers for a job. May I house sit for you? I'll do it for free.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ApdIrgNp,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-30T23:45:05.794+0000) > > No amount of reports cause punishment without verification, and there is no reason anyone would do this, anyway. Not with a hard, infallible proof type of verification. I mean, I know for myself that I didn't bot, so, I know they couldn't have. The only explanation left then is that they must have taken perhaps reports, plus perhaps I stood in the wrong spot or moved in some pattern that reminded them of a bot, I don't know. None of that is proof though, that's just... coincidences. They shouldn't ban based off anything less that hard proof. They don't have that. I can't prove to you that they don't have that, but they don't, at least I know it. Most likely explanation then is that they did it almost entirely off reports.
> [{quoted}](name=Eyes upon Jesus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ApdIrgNp,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-30T23:56:56.804+0000) > > Not with a hard, infallible proof type of verification. I mean, I know for myself that I didn't bot, so, I know they couldn't have. The only explanation left then is that they must have taken perhaps reports, plus perhaps I stood in the wrong spot or moved in some pattern that reminded them of a bot, I don't know. None of that is proof though, that's just... coincidences. They shouldn't ban based off anything less that hard proof. They don't have that. I can't prove to you that they don't have that, but they don't, at least I know it. Most likely explanation then is that they did it almost entirely off reports. This is literally the argument everyone who's ever been caught cheating or botting has ever made. "Well you don't have DEFINITIVE proof that I'm doing what I'm doing, ergo you shouldn't be allowed to punish me."
Cõmega (NA)
: Another day goes by and riot still hasn't fixed this bug
Well the U.I. seems to be a bit buggy for me since I got back on League yesterday. Mousing around over the client and some random part of the U.I. will flicker.
Mártir (EUW)
: Please... Yuumi is unplayable, she sits ona 39%WR average, for so long.
I don't want to see 'Help Yuumi' threads. There are a ton of other "unplayable" champions that aren't as infinitely low IQ as Yuumi that could use the attention. Play a champion that requires even a modicum of brainpower.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
IPERFECTO (EUW)
: Youtube just went even lower to the bottom with their shit...
I can't help but think this is what's in store for any dissenting opinions on the internet in the near future.
: Why cant you all just get along
The reason people take it out on their team mates is because the game gates your individual progress behind the performance of your team mates just as much as it does the performance of your enemies. So when one of your team mates is obviously impeding your progression, they're the ones that's going to shoulder the burden of your reaction to their negative influence on your experience. It makes perfect sense why it happens the way that it happens. "Why can't people be robots and not have feelings?" is pretty much the idealist in you not understanding basic human behavior. "I iv only ever gotten upset if it has to do with the well being of others" Great, you've drawn an arbitrary line in the sand like everyone else. Your line just happens to be further forward in the sand than others. I suppose perspective and environment matters a lot as well. Poor people are going to tend towards being more aggressive/hostile because they have more problems compounding on their psyche every day than people who aren't. Maturity will play a role as well. Kids will tend to be more emotional than adults in general. Recent studies are suggesting that video games can make you more aggressive. I haven't looked into it but if there's any truth to it, that could be another reason. There's probably a lot of value in blowing off steam in a video game chat instead of beating your girlfriend or shooting up a school, too, which I don't think a lot of people really understand. You'd think there'd be more Adam Sandler fans out there. Anger management, man. It's better to release that tension talking shit online than letting it fester to the point of no return. As always, it's an onion. Layered. There are never any simple answers or solutions to the problems are endure.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sõsuke Aizen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wsAEVc3a,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-07T03:39:43.807+0000) > > Do you know what Urf actually is? Yes. Meant to be fun. That's why health costs are still in.
> [{quoted}](name=ZackTheWaffleMan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wsAEVc3a,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-07T03:46:47.698+0000) > > Yes. Meant to be fun. > > That's why health costs are still in. The correct response would've been : "No, I have no clue. Please elaborate." Because everyone in Urf is insanely broken. That's the entire point. Soraka not having to pay 10% of her HP each time she heals wouldn't be any more broken than literally any other champion in the game mode.
: they reduce health costs by 50%. making them free would make people like soraka insanely broken
> [{quoted}](name=DartExplosion10,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wsAEVc3a,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-07T03:28:52.706+0000) > > they reduce health costs by 50%. making them free would make people like soraka insanely broken Do you know what Urf actually is?
: What does this even mean? What is "free"? All abilities costs are removed in urf..
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wsAEVc3a,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-07T03:12:07.580+0000) > > What does this even mean? What is "free"? All abilities costs are removed in urf.. That's not true. Soraka's heal still costs 10% of her HP. Mundo's cleavers still cost health to throw. These are just examples, but there are a bunch of skills that still have costs attached to them.
Rioter Comments
: A friend of mine is starting league for the first time
I think the best advice you can give to anyone that's new to League is to tell them to expect to be bad at it for a long time. A lot of my friends who I've tried to get into League have become so overwhelmed and insecure about how terrible they are at the game. Explain to them that the vast majority of this game is knowledge. Knowing all the champions, their rotations, their power spikes, where they go in any particular meta, which ones are useful in any given meta, how to manage waves, when to roam for objectives, when to expect a jungler to be on your side of the map, etc... and you can't get that knowledge without putting in the hours.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pull n Peel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pwBzXuhE,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-06T22:57:05.363+0000) > > I don't go out of my way to call people addicts, and I never did that. I just said that is the mentality of those kind of people. > > I'm also pretty sure they don't actually look at the forums, you will have better chance of getting it fixed if everyone made a support ticket. > > But kids these days don't know what a support ticket is and want the word to hear their woes. bro imagine thinking that riot support is actually going to do shit its a global problem, not something that support will magically solve. we mass complaining to show riot that we are tired of their shit and need to stop sitting around while the game bugs out
> [{quoted}](name=2kewl4life,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pwBzXuhE,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-06T23:06:47.525+0000) > > bro imagine thinking that riot support is actually going to do shit > its a global problem, not something that support will magically solve. we mass complaining to show riot that we are tired of their shit and need to stop sitting around while the game bugs out I get what you're saying, but in the future, you should probably stop implying that Riot's doing the bare minimum because you're upset. Imagine hosting a game and something happens and 5 minutes later someone pops up on the boards and says you're not doing your job when you probably didn't even know there was a problem until 2 minutes ago.
: 20 bans? Hmm... I'd probably choose Ashe, Caitlyn, Vayne, Twitch, Lucian, Jhin, Corki, Kog'Maw, Ezreal, Xayah, Quinn, Graves, Mordekaiser, Yasuo, Miss Fortune, Draven, Jinx, Tristana, Kalista, and Varus every game.
> [{quoted}](name=Scarefish,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=37eoEEnm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-05T14:21:23.462+0000) > > 20 bans? Hmm... I'd probably choose Ashe, Caitlyn, Vayne, Twitch, Lucian, Jhin, Corki, Kog'Maw, Ezreal, Xayah, Quinn, Graves, Mordekaiser, Yasuo, Miss Fortune, Draven, Jinx, Tristana, Kalista, and Varus every game. That's fine by me. I'm 100% for the idea that ADC's should have to earn their damage like everyone else.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Sõsuke Aizen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f00010000000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T22:12:29.606+0000) > > Well, anyone **can** disrespect you and anyone **can** disrespect me. > > You're talking to the wrong person if you want me to advocate for someone to be censored for insulting you. I'm a free speech purist, I guess, in the sense that I think someone should be able to say WHATEVER they want as long as they're not making a direct call to violence and even then, it'd have to be a realistic one. Someone saying something like "Man, I wish Vermont got turned into a glass factory" wouldn't be anything I'd worry about but if someone released your personal address and said "It'd be a shame if something were to happen to you" I'd be on-board with putting that person in box. I have zero sympathy for violent aggressors. > > About Neeko, I would've preferred that nobody knew about her sexuality either rather than knowing about Varus's but didn't they have a cinematic thing for Varus? > > I don't care if a champion is hetero, homo, bi, etc... and I don't think it should be flaunted for the sake of virtue-signalling that it is that particular thing. > > It has nothing to do with the game as far as I'm concerned and everything to do with pandering to socio-political agendas and I don't want any of it in the game. If people want to dig into the lore and find out who they are and what their preferences are, kudos to them, but I don't like having it marketed as such to try and garner favor from certain demographics of people because it's hot news in a particular country. > > Riot is a business and they're here to make money, that's what businesses do. They are not a moral enterprise and people should stop pretending that they are. They're not your friends and they don't have your best interests in mind. > > I also stand by the idea that you aren't treated that way because of anything to do with homosexuality. I'm hetero and people insult me all the time and it has nothing to do with me being hetero. Some people are just douchebags to be douchebags. That doesn't mean they hate you or gay people in general. People don't take cinematic as riot's work. They call it not canon and not riot. I once talked about a movie about garen and katarina kill each other, and that's what people here say to me. Neeko's story has also been confirmed by rioter and that's what people here say to me. Otherwise why do you think china server banned neeko's voiceline? Bussiness? So you are saying gay is not welcome by mainstream and lesbian sells? That's against human rights already. I did not say I was treated that way because of homosexual stuff I posted. I said they are being disrespectful to me for talking about my ship based on the canon lore, the way they react to my interpretation of the lore is unprofessional and simply rude. That part is jsut make me feel ironic when they fight for human rights.
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f0001000000000000000100000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-13T23:40:48.528+0000) > > It's not riot's fault more people favor lesbian than gay, but my point is if you run bussiness like that ,when you thinking about money but nothing else, it's kinda ironic when you talk about human rights. Using bussiness as an excuse to allow those rude people disrespect gay is worse. > > I don't expect other people to be polite all the time but when they are rude to me they don't get punished. That is another story. Well that's the entire point of a business, to make money. Businesses' priorities change with the social/political landscape. It's better for perception that you say you're pro-human rights or pro-LBGQT, etc... But make no mistake about it, if we lived in theoreticalville and the Germans won WW2, the marketing would look a lot different than it is now. If the majority of the world HATED gay people then somewhere in their marketing, they'd be pushing anti-gay propaganda because that's what would sell. Again, I keep saying, businesses are NOT moral entities. You shouldn't expect them to be or impose that sort of mentality onto them to any degree. It's a reflection of the times. If you believe something to be wrong, morally, then the proper response isn't to say that Riot is immoral because they're not. The proper response is to look for the root cause in why whatever you think is immoral is marketable because something in society permits it to be. The same thing applies for "FREE HONG KONG!" right now. People are taking up arms against Blizzard or Riot instead of being rational and addressing the real problem because they don't really give two shits about Hong Kong or China. Typing "FREE HONG KONG!" requires virtually nothing of them and isn't much of an inconvenience so they'll do that in an attempt to PRETEND they're part of something good instead of ACTUALLY being part of it, that'd be too much work. I don't think people should be punished for being rude. All we're doing is creating echo chambers when we don't allow the natural process of socializing others take its course. People do not respond well to punishment, especially when those punishments are from companies that are vacuous of morals in the first place. This is evident of the fact that toxicity hasn't gone anywhere in this community. It's still here, as prevalent as it's ever been. Being offensive is a past-time now and everyone's offended by everything and I think they should learn how to deal with those emotions of being offended instead of being taught to be offended by everything because they'll always have an authoritative figure to punish everyone who gets on their nerves. It's done nothing but create turmoil.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sõsuke Aizen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f00010000000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T22:12:29.606+0000) > > Well, anyone **can** disrespect you and anyone **can** disrespect me. > > You're talking to the wrong person if you want me to advocate for someone to be censored for insulting you. I'm a free speech purist, I guess, in the sense that I think someone should be able to say WHATEVER they want as long as they're not making a direct call to violence and even then, it'd have to be a realistic one. Someone saying something like "Man, I wish Vermont got turned into a glass factory" wouldn't be anything I'd worry about but if someone released your personal address and said "It'd be a shame if something were to happen to you" I'd be on-board with putting that person in box. I have zero sympathy for violent aggressors. > > About Neeko, I would've preferred that nobody knew about her sexuality either rather than knowing about Varus's but didn't they have a cinematic thing for Varus? > > I don't care if a champion is hetero, homo, bi, etc... and I don't think it should be flaunted for the sake of virtue-signalling that it is that particular thing. > > It has nothing to do with the game as far as I'm concerned and everything to do with pandering to socio-political agendas and I don't want any of it in the game. If people want to dig into the lore and find out who they are and what their preferences are, kudos to them, but I don't like having it marketed as such to try and garner favor from certain demographics of people because it's hot news in a particular country. > > Riot is a business and they're here to make money, that's what businesses do. They are not a moral enterprise and people should stop pretending that they are. They're not your friends and they don't have your best interests in mind. > > I also stand by the idea that you aren't treated that way because of anything to do with homosexuality. I'm hetero and people insult me all the time and it has nothing to do with me being hetero. Some people are just douchebags to be douchebags. That doesn't mean they hate you or gay people in general. People don't take cinematic as riot's work. They call it not canon and not riot. I once talked about a movie about garen and katarina kill each other, and that's what people here say to me. Neeko's story has also been confirmed by rioter and that's what people here say to me. Otherwise why do you think china server banned neeko's voiceline? Bussiness? So you are saying gay is not welcome by mainstream and lesbian sells? That's against human rights already. I did not say I was treated that way because of homosexual stuff I posted. I said they are being disrespectful to me for talking about my ship based on the canon lore, the way they react to my interpretation of the lore is unprofessional and simply rude. That part is jsut make me feel ironic when they fight for human rights.
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f000100000000000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T22:39:47.797+0000) > > People don't take cinematic as riot's work. They call it not canon and not riot. I once talked about a movie about garen and katarina kill each other, and that's what people here say to me. > Well it's an official video on the official League of Legends Youtube channel so I don't know who these "people" that you're referring to are, but I don't think their opinions are really that important. > Neeko's story has also been confirmed by rioter and that's what people here say to me. > Otherwise why do you think china server banned neeko's voiceline? > They're big on censorship over there, I hear. This doesn't seem out of the ordinary. I've already said that I don't personally like that they're making any character's sexual preferences into a marketing gimmick so I don't know what else I can say about it. > Bussiness? So you are saying gay is not welcome by mainstream and lesbian sells? That's against human rights already. > I didn't say that but if that were the case, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm under the impression that anything that's pro-LBGQT is "in" right now as a hot issue in the U.S. at least. Marketing gay/lesbian characters for money doesn't infringe upon YOUR rights to be gay so it's not against human rights. It's kinda like if you made a weight loss product that let you cut hundreds of pounds of fat overnight and it was 100% healthy with no drawbacks but your entire customer base were anorexic people, that wouldn't make much sense, right? So if there's a bigger customer base for a particular type of content, making that content more readily available than another is good for business. That's not Riot's fault, btw. If more people are more open to lesbians than gay men _( And I'm not agreeing that they are or aren't )_, that's just the social climate we live in. Riot didn't create that atmosphere, it's there for other reasons. It's all a numbers game to Riot. They want a bigger profit with less investment and anything that accomplishes that, they'll probably tend towards, same as any other successful business. It's also not against human rights if more people don't like gay men than gay women. As long as they're not infringing on your rights as a human being, they can have their own preference. That's the entire point of freedom. Like what you want, don't like what you don't like. That's fine. > I did not say I was treated that way because of homosexual stuff I posted. I said they are being disrespectful to me for talking about my ship based on the canon lore, the way they react to my interpretation of the lore is unprofessional and simply rude. That part is jsut make me feel ironic when they fight for human rights. I don't know what you're talking about when you keep referencing to "my ship" but people can be rude. I'm not sure if you expect others to be polite and courteous all the time but it's just not the way things work and that'll likely never be the case.
: Imagine being this fragile
I often question why some people play online, at all, if they're so hellbent on removing all social interactions from the games they play.
: Riot release basically same public statement as Blizzard; We support human rights However its not allowed to talk about it”. The public is already upset with Riot, you can see it on social media. The world event chat (both Twitch and YouTube) is constantly bombarded with pro free Hong Kong messages.
> [{quoted}](name=League OV Losers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=0022,timestamp=2019-10-13T21:52:23.772+0000) > > Riot release basically same public statement as Blizzard; We support human rights However its not allowed to talk about it”. The public is already upset with Riot, you can see it on social media. The world event chat (both Twitch and YouTube) is constantly bombarded with pro free Hong Kong messages. Most people are simpletons so obviously they'd be spreading nonsense on social media.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sõsuke Aizen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f000100000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T21:22:58.413+0000) > > 1 ) "They just rule as an excuse" is usually the default argument for someone breaking a rule and refusing to accept personal responsibility. > > 2 ) "Brick wall" is synonymous with bullheaded or stubborn so I don't think that's a big deal and again, censorship works both ways. You should be free to express yourself and EVERYONE ELSE should be free to express themselves as well and sometimes their ideas aren't going to jive with your ideas. Just because you don't like their ideas doesn't mean they need to be censored and just because they don't like your ideas doesn't mean you should be censored. Nobody should have special privileges. > > 3 ) You shouldn't say things like "it's pretty ironic people fight for human rights here." You CAN do this, I'm just suggesting you probably shouldn't if you want people to sympathize with your plight. What you're doing is lumping everyone on the boards into one group and demonizing them. So there's a person or a few people that have maybe bumped heads with you over something that is important to you and it's not fair to everyone else who would take your side that you're casting them under the same net. You think calling someone a brick wall is nothing? How about calling someone austic? You see, my point is, I speak my opinion and you speak yours, just because we don't aggree with each other doesn't mean you can disrespect me. Based on how I've been treated here, it's fair for me to say that's ironic. Plus it's the fact that they do favor lesbians more than gay champions 'coz the former has voice line and the latter doesn't. Not much people even know varus lore actually. But neeko's story has been spread everywhere. P.s. You are trying to defend the act of the mods, I understand, but I can show you many examples they did that is not fair to me, ig. spamming - I can show you those people spammed my thread but the mods never ban them. So human rights? I don't think so
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f0001000000000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T21:50:23.293+0000) > > You think calling someone a brick wall is nothing? How about calling someone austic? > > You see, my point is, I speak my opinion and you speak yours, just because we don't aggree with each other doesn't mean you can disrespect me. > > Based on how I've been treated here, it's fair for me to say that's ironic. Plus it's the fact that they do favor lesbians more than gay champions 'coz the former has voice line and the latter doesn't. Not much people even know varus lore actually. But neeko's story has been spread everywhere. Well, anyone **can** disrespect you and anyone **can** disrespect me. You're talking to the wrong person if you want me to advocate for someone to be censored for insulting you. I'm a free speech purist, I guess, in the sense that I think someone should be able to say WHATEVER they want as long as they're not making a direct call to violence and even then, it'd have to be a realistic one. Someone saying something like "Man, I wish Vermont got turned into a glass factory" wouldn't be anything I'd worry about but if someone released your personal address and said "It'd be a shame if something were to happen to you" I'd be on-board with putting that person in box. I have zero sympathy for violent aggressors. About Neeko, I would've preferred that nobody knew about her sexuality either rather than knowing about Varus's but didn't they have a cinematic thing for Varus? I don't care if a champion is hetero, homo, bi, etc... and I don't think it should be flaunted for the sake of virtue-signalling that it is that particular thing. It has nothing to do with the game as far as I'm concerned and everything to do with pandering to socio-political agendas and I don't want any of it in the game. If people want to dig into the lore and find out who they are and what their preferences are, kudos to them, but I don't like having it marketed as such to try and garner favor from certain demographics of people because it's hot news in a particular country. Riot is a business and they're here to make money, that's what businesses do. They are not a moral enterprise and people should stop pretending that they are. They're not your friends and they don't have your best interests in mind. I also stand by the idea that you aren't treated that way because of anything to do with homosexuality. I'm hetero and people insult me all the time and it has nothing to do with me being hetero. Some people are just douchebags to be douchebags. That doesn't mean they hate you or gay people in general.
: Hey, Im a HotS player who recently migrated to league of legends for *various* reasons...
Just going to make points that have probably already been iterated multiple times : 1 ) Cannot stress enough the importance of CS'ing. CS'ing is everything in the early game and it's not just about last hitting. It's about knowing when to last hit, when to push, when to let waves crash, how to use waves to force priority in a lane for nearby objectives that are coming up, how to use minions to get the advantage in skirmishes in-lane, when to expect a level advantage in-lane so you don't get instagibbed by the enemy laners, etc... There're just so many things that tie into this. 2 ) Learning the champions and compositions. This isn't something you can just come out of the gate and expect to know. It's a time sink. Learn the kits of each and every champion in the game by either playing against them or as them or watching guides on them, etc... Knowledge is key in a MOBA. Also, don't be like me. Put your personal biases for and against certain champions aside. You can like any champion you want but if you're hellbent on winning, learn what champions are stronger in which meta and tend towards them. Do not play some hyper-nerfed version of a champion you like thematically because 'reasons' to try and force an underpowered pick into a bad team composition. 3 ) Learn to jungle. You don't have to main jungling but you should jungle for basic understanding of jungle pathing and priorities since there's nowhere you're going to go where you're not affected by jungling. If you spend enough time doing this you'll learn when to expect a jungler to be bot or top side and when to ward against some of the more aggressive early game gank-heavy junglers so they don't destroy your games. These three things alone can carry you a long way in the rankings until you hit the proverbial wall. The wall is what divides the monkeys with mechanical skill from great players. That's the macro. There's too much nuance here to unpack it all for you so you'll have to do your own research. Figure the macro out and you'll have the keys to the kingdom once you've refined your personal play.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sõsuke Aizen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f0001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T20:54:05.352+0000) > > I'd have to see the context in which this is happening because you're probably breaking a rule of the boards with what you're posting rather than the fact that it has anything to do with homosexuality. > > I can cast a generalization and say mods are against heterosexuality if I post lewd pictures of men and women having sex and they ban me for it but it'd ultimately have nothing to do with the fact that there's some element of heterosexuality in it and everything to do with the fact that it's inappropriate content. > > You're aware of the difference, yes? I'm not saying you're posting porn but just using it as an example. It's not fair to simply default to worst case scenario in an attempt to victimize yourself out of sheer convenience. > > I've seen people comment on these sorts of things all the time on the boards and not been silenced for it. If anything, people on the opposite end of the conversations are usually the ones who get shut down for having their own opinions that run contrary to the status quo of the left. > > Liberal ideology has dominated most conversations online so I'd need some actual evidence of you being singled out over the fact that you're gay or something you're saying has to do with a character being gay, etc... > > Doesn't seem very likely to me is all I'm saying. Whatever, they just use rule as an excuse to forbid me talking about anything reasonable in the lore to back up my ship. And when people here attack me , they never ban them. They call me a brick wall 'coz I do not aggree with them. They never banned them for that. That's an example. So yea, it's pretty ironic people fight for human rights here. p.s. I never posted any nudity. I just posted a thread about my ship and they began to attack me, saying it's not canon, and when I posted my interpretation of the lore that hints my ship, a rioter who has her personal ship replied me telling me my ship is not offcial. I've never seen anything unprofessional like that. The rioter is not even the lore writer.
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f00010000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T21:05:13.065+0000) > > Whatever, they just use rule as an excuse to forbid me talking about anything reasonable in the lore to back up my ship. And when people here attack me , they never ban them. They call me a brick wall 'coz I do not aggree with them. They never banned them for that. That's an example. So yea, it's pretty ironic people fight for human rights here. 1 ) "They just rule as an excuse" is usually the default argument for someone breaking a rule and refusing to accept personal responsibility. 2 ) "Brick wall" is synonymous with bullheaded or stubborn so I don't think that's a big deal and again, censorship works both ways. You should be free to express yourself and EVERYONE ELSE should be free to express themselves as well and sometimes their ideas aren't going to jive with your ideas. Just because you don't like their ideas doesn't mean they need to be censored and just because they don't like your ideas doesn't mean you should be censored. Nobody should have special privileges. 3 ) You shouldn't say things like "it's pretty ironic people fight for human rights here." You CAN do this, I'm just suggesting you probably shouldn't if you want people to sympathize with your plight. What you're doing is lumping everyone on the boards into one group and demonizing them. So there's a person or a few people that have maybe bumped heads with you over something that is important to you and it's not fair to everyone else who would take your side that you're casting them under the same net.
: > [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f00010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-13T20:11:28.065+0000) > > how are mods and rioters stopping your personal interpretations, ie, *your own opinions*? mods threathen me to ban ip if i ever talk about my ship here. and when i talk about my ship based on the lore, rioter reply me saying it's not offical. that's pretty unprofessional and disrespectfull, it's like telling someone their opinion is stupid. So yea, when they are fighting for human rights , I was like " wow how ironic"
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-13T20:24:49.421+0000) > > mods threathen me to ban ip if i ever talk about my ship here. and when i talk about my ship based on the lore, rioter reply me saying it's not offical. that's pretty unprofessional and disrespectfull, it's like telling someone their opinion is stupid. So yea, when they are fighting for human rights , I was like " wow how ironic" I'd have to see the context in which this is happening because you're probably breaking a rule of the boards with what you're posting rather than the fact that it has anything to do with homosexuality. I can cast a generalization and say mods are against heterosexuality if I post lewd pictures of men and women having sex and they ban me for it but it'd ultimately have nothing to do with the fact that there's some element of heterosexuality in it and everything to do with the fact that it's inappropriate content. You're aware of the difference, yes? I'm not saying you're posting porn but just using it as an example. It's not fair to simply default to worst case scenario in an attempt to victimize yourself out of sheer convenience. I've seen people comment on these sorts of things all the time on the boards and not been silenced for it. If anything, people on the opposite end of the conversations are usually the ones who get shut down for having their own opinions that run contrary to the status quo of the left. Liberal ideology has dominated most conversations online so I'd need some actual evidence of you being singled out over the fact that you're gay or something you're saying has to do with a character being gay, etc... Doesn't seem very likely to me is all I'm saying.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sõsuke Aizen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T19:09:04.063+0000) > > Could just be happenstance and not necessarily something malicious in intent as you're trying to paint it. > > That being said, who's forbidding you from interpreting any part of the lore in any way that you personally want to interpret it? Mods and rioter.
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-13T19:42:01.817+0000) > > Mods and rioter. Have they banned you for interpreting any characters in their lore as gay or censored you in any way?
: > [{quoted}](name=Sõsuke Aizen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f0001,timestamp=2019-10-13T18:45:22.987+0000) > > Even if we granted all of this, nothing about human rights says I have to "favor" gay champions on a video game or even gay people. > > Human rights are about tolerating the differences between people so that everyone has the same opportunities and privileges as everyone else. > > Human rights is not about condoning or condemning any specific traits to create preference for one or the other. > > I can not like gay people _( as long as I'm not actively trying to hurt people because they're gay or trying to infringe on their rights )_, as an example, and still be for gay people having the same opportunities and privileges that I have. > > I hate Miley Cyrus, I don't think she should have her rights stripped away just because I hate her. > > So keep that distinction in mind when you start talking about human rights. It has nothing to do with preferences or biases. Fact is they do promote lesbian voice line but not gay voice line, and they do forbid people from interpretate the lore in favor or gay right way, so when you people here fight for human rights just sounds irony .
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f00010000,timestamp=2019-10-13T19:06:14.959+0000) > > Fact is they do promote lesbian voice line but not gay voice line, and they do forbid people from interpretate the lore in favor or gay right way, so when you people here fight for human rights just sounds irony . Could just be happenstance and not necessarily something malicious in intent as you're trying to paint it. That being said, who's forbidding you from interpreting any part of the lore in any way that you personally want to interpret it?
: what is human rights? You people don't even favor gay champion. You only favor lesbians and bi. You even force cute gay couples to ship with other female champion, and you deny the gay part of them. Don't talk about human rights you don't deserve.
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2019-10-13T15:18:33.823+0000) > > what is human rights? You people don't even favor gay champion. You only favor lesbians and bi. You even force cute gay couples to ship with other female champion, and you deny the gay part of them. Don't talk about human rights you don't deserve. Even if we granted all of this, nothing about human rights says I have to "favor" gay champions on a video game or even gay people. Human rights are about tolerating the differences between people so that everyone has the same opportunities and privileges as everyone else. Human rights are not about condoning or condemning any specific traits to create preference for one or the other. I can not like gay people _( as long as I'm not actively trying to hurt people because they're gay or trying to infringe on their rights )_, as an example, and still be for gay people having the same opportunities and privileges that I have. I hate Miley Cyrus, I don't think she should have her rights stripped away just because I hate her. So keep that distinction in mind when you start talking about human rights. It has nothing to do with preferences or biases.
: Following your logic you should move to China because you dont like free speech.
> [{quoted}](name=League OV Losers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=00200000,timestamp=2019-10-13T18:19:00.879+0000) > > Following your logic you should move to China because you dont like free speech. What have you done, personally, to help free Hong Kong? If the answer is nothing besides typing "FREE HONG KONG" in Twitch chat of a stream then I don't want to hear your opinion on how Riot/Blizzard should be risking millions/billions of dollars to serve whatever moral platitudes you're trying to force down everyone else's throat when you don't have the spine to support those same values, yourself. And don't equate your lack of logic to have anything to do with my reasoning because nothing I said gets you to your conclusion.
: On Riot’s website “Defend human rights around the world from online privacy to gender equality”
Imagine all of these people in gaming communities trying to make businesses into moral entities for their own political agendas while doing absolutely nothing to push their own political agendas, themselves, besides trying to tell others to do things they want. If you ever post #FreeHongKong or you find yourself upset about Blizzard's stance or Riot's stance on these affairs and you AREN'T in the streets protesting for Hong Kong or doing something tangible and productive, you don't deserve to have your voice heard anymore. There's nothing more disgusting about people with "privileges" and "freedom" than people exploiting those advantages to showcase what a vacuous piece of shit they are. Blizzard/Riot are businesses. Businesses are into making money. There's nothing immoral about this. It's the nature of the entity itself. It's what it's designed to do. It'd be like calling a knife immoral because person A killed person B with it. If the people of Hong Kong want freedom, it's incumbent upon them to fight for it and earn it, themselves. One of the biggest problems people have these days, especially from the left in the U.S., is the idea that you're going to speak for demographics that you don't belong to and imply that you know what it is that they actually want and/or need. If YOU want to help them, YOU, THE PERSON READING THIS, then YOU get the fuck up off your ass and YOU go help them and stop telling everyone else to do what YOU won't do.
Rioter Comments
: sounds about right. #gut sylas
> [{quoted}](name=Marshbouy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ANp7d2FE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-25T22:29:37.846+0000) > > sounds about right. > > #gut sylas Sylas isn't the problem. Sustain is. It's the same reason people kept hating on Aatrox's ability to sustain. Sustain needs to be gutted or have a HARD counter. No, current GW isn't it. GW is absolute shit-tier right now. Champions who don't build sustain in items or have it in their kit can still sustain through GW purely out of what they get via runes.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sõsuke Aizen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ANp7d2FE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T22:28:01.884+0000) > > Yes. He was literally at 25% HP and hit Jensen with one W and went all the way to full HP. clip?
> [{quoted}](name=ShyImagoghnar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ANp7d2FE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T22:28:22.599+0000) > > clip? If they show a replay of it, I'll clip it. Otherwise I don't think I can clip that far back in the match. _Edit : https://clips.twitch.tv/SneakyBlindingWalrusPipeHype_
: i'm guessing sylas
> [{quoted}](name=ShyImagoghnar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ANp7d2FE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-25T22:24:35.416+0000) > > i'm guessing sylas Yes. He was literally at 25% HP and hit Jensen with one W and went all the way to full HP.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Sõsuke Aizen

Level 34 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion