Ackelope (NA)
: uh, where are you getting those stats? both u.gg and lolalytics, my go-to sites for stats, say that he's around 52% winrate in diamond+. has it settled down that much in 7 hours? don't get me wrong, 52% is pretty fucking solid and probably a little on the too strong side for someone like Garen, but "crushing" is not the word I'd use.
When I checked, it was at 56%. I checked later in the day and it had dropped down to 53%.
: I seriously still cannot fathom how bad he still is. He's just literally a walking sponge screaming "DEMACIA" Why play him when there's actually useful champs that does a better job than him? Jax, Darius, Illaoi, riven, Renek... yeah Play him for Demacia, duh
He's so terrible that he's got nearly a 56% winrate in Diamond plus ELO. Yup. Super terrible that he's crushing the best 2% of players.
: Urgot W is paused when u cast other abilities. So it's a semi-lock. Same concept. And Conq is WEAK on Garen. Grasp heals more and deals more damage. Even with getting 5 stacks quickly Grasp is still the better choice.
Not any more. If you have Conq up when he starts a new E, like in a team fight if you Q+E someone, then change targets and E another person, you will heal more during that E.
Mihalikb (EUW)
: So again, you are saying Garen should be the only Bruiser who can't use the Brusier tune? Again, Conqueror is stacked differently than you think it is. There are Champs that are fully designed to be able to proc it instantly with the press of a single button, like Urgot or more specifically PANTHEON. Then there are Champs like Yorick and Darius who passive stack it just buy putting a dot on you or have their minions auto attack you.
You sir are an idiot. Pantheon cannot instantly stack Conq, he can instantly proc PTA but not Conq. He needs to Empower W +AA+Q or E. His Q and E can be dodged or missed. Garen is the only champ that can instantly stack Conq off of 1 ability. The rest are auto attacks, which can be dodged if you stand next to a bush. So if you're fighting Kled and his W is proccing, you can walk into a bush if you time it right causing his auto to completely disappear. You seem to be talking out of your ass. Look, Garen is currently sitting at 57% winrate across all ELO's. That is broken. He is broken and has already ready made the nerf list.
Mihalikb (EUW)
: At this moment Garen is not by any measure tankier than Illaoi or Darius. The W shield is complete garbage past lvl 3-4 and it's on a 20 second cool down. Now let's tone down the hyperbole a bit. Unless he is massively ahead he will not kill you in a single QER. Especially not in lane. You don't fight Garen as you'd fight Illaoi of Darius. You fight Garen like you'd fight Renekton or Pantheon. As in... Short trades. It is really that fucking simple. But unlike Renekton or Pantheon he has no gap closers and no stuns or slows.
> [{quoted}](name=Mihalikb,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tEQ8n1wj,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T17:02:29.231+0000) >** As in... Short trades. It is really that fucking simple.** But unlike Renekton or Pantheon he has no gap closers and no stuns or slows. So if I play {{champion:164}} and try to hook shot stun followed by Q, I should win? Oh ok. Well I'm watching a D1/Master {{champion:164}} getting totally shit on by taking 'short' trades. Apparently all she can do is leg sweep and run away. I mean maybe by short trade, it's his Q which silences you meaning you're stuck next to him while he spins on you, then running away because the speed boost from his Q is active. Or maybe it's like if you play Shen, and you E+W+Q into him even with Garen having no Q, he can just E and still shit on you. Hrmm… not those trades either. Maybe if you're Sion...no...nope Maybe... umm someone better at short trades....
: Balancing Jax: Unique passive: Spellblade
This would completely crap all over Shen , would hurt Xin if faced against an Ezreal for the sole purpose of fixing Jax. Jax is broken because of Spirit of Shojin. There are a few champions that abuse that item far too well. This is basically the issue Rito had with DFG, a few champs used DFG far too well and they kept trying to balance champs that abused it around that item, making that item 100% required rush on them. It's bad design. Champs that abuse Shojin too well: {{champion:164}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:92}} There might be more but these are the ones I see that make far too much use out of that item.
: Hey, Im a HotS player who recently migrated to league of legends for *various* reasons...
> [{quoted}](name=Bye Blizz UwU,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWYWz5cW,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-10-12T17:52:07.474+0000) > > Haven't been seeing the most success in my starting games, what with people leaving the match (and we aren't even given an AI that takes over control) and people being quite rude in the chat (which i generally just mute). But more importantly (in fact the ONLY thing that matters) I have not been winning very much :P > > As someone who has decent mechanics from previous MOBA game experience, what advice do you guys have to help someone out? Anything is appreciated (no memes >:C) If you're leaving Blizzard because of the whole China censorship thing, might want to keep looking for another game. The company that put Blizzard in a spot to ban blitzchung was TenCent. TenCent owns Rito 100%, Rito is basically the Chinese gaming standard. Edit: If you're looking to avoid supporting TenCent here are some thing in America that are under their influence. The NBA, all of it. The NFL, all of it. Tesla Activision/Blizzard Rito Epic Games (Fortnight) Supercell Snapchat Welcome to CCP USA, we hope you enjoy your stay. If you don't, and decide to voice your opinion, we have a super awesome operation table over here for you to enjoy. Please come again and STFU.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-10-12T00:49:04.848+0000) > > So it is your opinion that LGBTQ rights and a geo political crisis fall under the same spectrum ? Like in what world is a video game company that represent such a vast market expected to have a political opinion ? And beyond that how does riot profit from lgbtq?
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-12T00:50:42.012+0000) > > Like in what world is a video game company that represent such a vast market expected to have a political opinion ? > > And beyond that how does riot profit from lgbtq? By supporting LGBTQ they get free press, also people are more likely to spend money on a LGBTQ character if they're in favor of the movement, this has been shown in several data models. People spend money on something they identify with. So look at Marvel, Black Panther had one of the biggest draws on an opening weekend from African-Americans verses Thor 3, which had a more standard draw as far as racial diversity. So yes, virtue signaling gets money.
: > [{quoted}](name=Trollmanship,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-11T19:47:26.367+0000) > > China supports rich people's rights to poor people's organs. That's human rights, right? muslim people's organs uyghurs aint having love there
> [{quoted}](name=The Anivia OTP,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T23:27:53.623+0000) > > muslim people's organs > > uyghurs aint having love there No just Muslims, Christians as well. Any religion that supports a form of government that's not CCP.
: > [{quoted}](name=AmWhaleIRL,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-11T22:23:49.443+0000) > > You're missing OP's point. > He's saying that Riot will take a Political Stance when they stand to profit, specifically regarding LGBTQ+ but won't when it threatens profit, specifically Hong Kong here. > You're statement is absolutely valid, but it's also not something OP was refuting. Actually, I think you also missed the point. He's saying that Riot would make a statement in support of Hong Kong but that's all it would be. A statement. A PR stunt. Because it's more profitable to pretend than it is to feel the scorn that Blizzard has received.
> [{quoted}](name=NoobDefault,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pKNLhImM,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-10-11T23:00:15.113+0000) > > Actually, I think you also missed the point. > He's saying that Riot would make a statement in support of Hong Kong but that's all it would be. > A statement. A PR stunt. > Because it's more profitable to pretend than it is to feel the scorn that Blizzard has received. No. RiotTencent makes lots of money from China. Speaking out about how China acts, letting players say anything, letting casters say anything will result in China banning League from China. So Rito is perfectly happy to tell everyone to STFU about Hong Kong and China if it keeps the money rolling in. China is their biggest market, by far, and no one will stop that hot China man juice from getting in their mouth. If a protester came out and said 'Impeach Trump' Rito wouldn't give a shit. If it's an American stream only, Rito doesn't care about someone saying 'Free Hong Kong'. If it's on a stream that hits mainland China, then you will learn to STFU and like it. Basically, Rito won't even pretend to support something. Tencent owns Riot now, and they are an enforcement arm of the Chinese government on internet censorship.
Xintium (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SFHFWill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=flXkdui7,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-10-05T07:35:51.475+0000) > > I completely disagree. [...] Watch DFM vs ISG, final game of their double round robin for day 3. Incredibly back and forth, lots of trading, aggressive movements. That game? Are you sure? That game just proves the main point made by OP: > Right now, the tempo of pro team fights look really similar to the clown fiestas in solo q. Just run around until you can instantly blow one enemy up, then get into a mad scramble to win a 4v5. Almost every teamfight/skirmish played out that way. Here is a (non-exhaustive) breakdown: 14:25 - Skarner (DFM) Flash+R on a flashless Nautilus (ISG), under full vision for Team Blue (ISG). Nautilus gets deleted during suppression, the fight is over. 17:20 - Skarner gets deleted almost instantly by (ISG) Nautilus + Xayah (Gragas last hits). Gnar and Rakan (DFM) try to salvage, but Gnar gets killed in one of the few relatively "slow" deaths of the game, taking around 5-6 seconds to die (in Mega Gnar form). No one dies from ISG, other members of DFM can't do anything. 27:30 - The only teamfight which somehow looks like a teamfight from previous seasons, but only due to the fact that Gragas + Naut couldn't kill Gnar (Xayah wasn't in range and ISG Syndra got suppressed by flash+R of Skarner and then killed), which got a chance to at least use Ult. Gnar still dies, by the way. 28:55 - Nautilus gets Skarner, but then Skarner gets Naut. Guess what? Both get deleted. 36:30 - Xayah gets caught. Gnar, which acted as a frontline for a while (mind you: with the hyper-fed Xayah being dead), just barely escapes death from Syndra R. Gnar also used stopwatch. Starting to see a pattern? Yeah, you get caught, you instantly get deleted and there is nothing your team can do to turn the tables. You frontline? You either barely escape with few hp, or just get deleted for having attempted to actually do your job, i.e., tank for _at most_ 5-6 seconds, most likely this value is bloated due to either stopwatch, skills which make you untargetable, maneuvering time for the carries, etc. Now, the _game itself_ was back-and-forth, sure, that's a fact. The game lasted long, due to the hyper-fed Xayah getting caught, thus artificially prolonging the game. Give the same scenario to a korean team and the game would have ended much, much quicker. Let us not forget that Korean teams closed out games at around 25 minutes during the seasons considered "boring to watch", where the average pro-game (for other regions) was 5-10 minutes higher. But the teamfights? They were fast, catch-based and mostly one-sided (outside of the rare outplay).
Not even remotely true. Gnar absorbed a full rotation of spells from 3 people before he backed out. How many rotations should a front line absorb on one champ? We had that meta before, where tanks could easily absorb two or three rotations and it was boring as hell to watch and play. People complained about tanks being OP b/c they couldn't die and pro games were frontline vs frontline with ADC's building tank busting items and just standing behind someone like Sion. I viewed the game completely differently than you. Yeah picks happened and teams backed out. Other times there weren't any picks and team fights were very back and forth.
Thilmer (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SFHFWill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ApIZIVkn,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-10-05T07:11:56.288+0000) > > What champs aren't viable? > > So far there has been more champs played in world's at this stage of the tournament than any other year. > > Top: {{champion:266}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:2}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:18}}{{champion:10}} > > Those are the champs are considered viable JUST for top lane. LMAO. Toplane is not an example for anything. Riot allows people to play all kind of weird shit in top because "variety" and "git gud", and basically admitted that Toplane is a clownfiesta because they don't give a fuck about balancing that lane at all. On the other hand, take a look at botlane. If a pro plays Ziggs in botlane in two games, Ziggs gets nerfed and several ADCs get buffed in the next patch. Variety on that lane tends to ZERO. The same for mid, support, and probably jungle.
> [{quoted}](name=Thilmer,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ApIZIVkn,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-05T09:26:16.609+0000) > > LMAO. Toplane is not an example for anything. Riot allows people to play all kind of weird shit in top because "variety" and "git gud", and basically admitted that Toplane is a clownfiesta because they don't give a fuck about balancing that lane at all. > > On the other hand, take a look at botlane. If a pro plays Ziggs in botlane in two games, Ziggs gets nerfed and several ADCs get buffed in the next patch. Variety on that lane tends to ZERO. The same for mid, support, and probably jungle. Syndra has been bot lane and she's not gutted, no ADC's buffed and it's been 3 patches since I started seeing her becoming more popular. Heimer just got buffed for the sole purpose of going bot lane (his top lane was fine and his mid lane was decent). Mage bot isn't even remotely unheard of and it happens a lot.
: I don’t disagree, but he was a very popular pick in worlds 2017 (40% pick/ban) and his current ult is exactly the same as it was then.
I can't remember the meta at the time for that world's. If it was a tank meta than his ulti wasn't his selling point.
Lovelle (NA)
: Who does Trundle get picked into at top in competitive? There aren't many lane matchups these days that are in his favor.
He can still be played depending on what else is top, maybe not at pro play tho. If someone picks a tank and he does ok afaik into some bruisers.
uNm Longy (EUNE)
: Help me get Riot's attention
Best of luck to both of you brother.
: Burst damage makes it harder to appreciate pro skills
I completely disagree. I see ADC's constantly changing their position and the best ADC champs are the ones that do that the best. {{champion:81}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:498}} Those are considered the best ADC's to play and they all have one thing in common, mobility. There are low mobility comps that will use things like {{champion:110}} {{champion:22}} and they play differently. Watch DFM vs ISG, final game of their double round robin for day 3. Incredibly back and forth, lots of trading, aggressive movements. The problem isn't the game balance, the problem is skill. Pros are so insanely good at CSing and maximizing gold that even without a lot of kills they'll still have the income to basically 1 shot anyone caught out of position by landing all their abilities and maximizing their passives or procs and CC chains. Then you go down to something like silver or iron or bronze and the CS is completely crap, abilities don't hit anything and the only reason people die is because they run under turrets or have a 2 minute long fight around a dragon, which is beating on both teams and doing more DPS than any player in the game. The skill gap between pros and the average player that it seems like a 'burst 1 person and GG' at pro play because of vision and map movements that were set up minutes ago, to average play of face checking bush and getting destroyed by 4 people sitting in the bush; is huge. There was a post last year I think by Rito that stated that the average CS above a certain ELO has gone WAY up, leading to 1 shots and snowballing. In short, everyone's skill has risen a fair margin and more people know how to maximize their damage in pro play.
: > [{quoted}](name=FazerPowerZ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GM2BL1wo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-05T01:48:51.388+0000) > > I just love how the damage is so disgustingly high in this game that you get killed instantly late game. I saw a Lux have a full build and just one shots your teammate by using just her ultimate. The current state of this game is very unhealthy and it seems it's going to stay that way for a long time. I mean Christ Man you can't even carry late game anymore because everyone just keeps getting blown up... it's so r%%%%%ed that it makes you want to break your whole computer.. it's that bad. It's math time. Lux's ult at rank 3 deals 500 base damage with a 1.0 AP ratio. Let's add Luden's and Comet to get 700 and 1.3. For the target, let's say 1900 health and 38 MR (Lux's base values at 18), and assume Void Staff and Sorc shoes for negligible MR. Oh, and no MR runeshard. The build: {{item:3020}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3285}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3135}} = 1.4 \* (120 + 90 + 75 + 70 + 70) = 595 AP 700 + 1.3 \* 595 = just under 1500 damage. That's about three quarters of your teammate's health bar, at best. That's full build Lux against a squishy target building no defenses of any kind. This one-shot situation you describe only becomes possible when your teammate was still around level 14, while the enemy Lux was 18 and full build. Just for fun, let's use Dark Harvest instead of Comet, and assume that it checks the enemy's remaining health after you attack them, rather than before (I'm not sure of the exact behavior), for 660 and 1.25 AP. Then we can just see how many souls Lux would need to have to accomplish this one-shot: 660 + 1.25 \* 595 + souls \* 5 = 1900 souls = about 100. That's... what, an hour-long game? 70 minutes? With a Lux that takes DH. And your teammate playing a squishy with no bonus health or MR. Myth: busted.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GM2BL1wo,comment-id=00000004,timestamp=2019-10-05T06:59:31.710+0000) > > It's math time. > > Lux's ult at rank 3 deals 500 base damage with a 1.0 AP ratio. Let's add Luden's and Comet to get 700 and 1.3. For the target, let's say 1900 health and 38 MR (Lux's base values at 18), and assume Void Staff and Sorc shoes for negligible MR. Oh, and no MR runeshard. The build: > > {{item:3020}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3285}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3135}} = 1.4 \* (120 + 90 + 75 + 70 + 70) = 595 AP > > 700 + 1.3 \* 595 = just under 1500 damage. That's about three quarters of your teammate's health bar, at best. That's full build Lux against a squishy target building no defenses of any kind. This one-shot situation you describe only becomes possible when your teammate was still around level 14, while the enemy Lux was 18 and full build. > > Just for fun, let's use Dark Harvest instead of Comet, and assume that it checks the enemy's remaining health after you attack them, rather than before (I'm not sure of the exact behavior), for 660 and 1.25 AP. Then we can just see how many souls Lux would need to have to accomplish this one-shot: > > 660 + 1.25 \* 595 + souls \* 5 = 1900 > > souls = about 100. That's... what, an hour-long game? 70 minutes? With a Lux that takes DH. And your teammate playing a squishy with no bonus health or MR. > > Myth: busted. Perfect response. The issue is that people get caught out when behind by several people and they complain of burst. Yeah the damage is high if you're soaking up all the damage from 5 people but that seems fair. I play tanks a lot of time, and as Malphite (unless incredibly behind) I can ulti in, do my combo, proc Randuin's and walk out at 20% hp while their team gets blown up because they wasted every CD on a tank. If I play Rumble, I instantly die, but that makes sense. That's how the game should work.
Morbys (NA)
: Spoken as someone who clearly doesn't understand the champ. Her only %hp dmg was her passive, which they completely gutted. You're argument is that since there was finally a viable tank, to completely nerf them into nonexistence. Sound about right? This game is going downhill HARD. Where only a few champs are even viable to play competitively and the rest are sub par. Not enough bans are given to ban the broken champs, so every game is lopsided. The reporting system is a joke, IDGAF if someone cusses or is "verbally abusive". I can easily mute that person, but I can't mute a gd feeder/thrower out of the game. THAT needs to be addressed. Lets not even get started on ranked and how much of a joke it is. I swear you get grouped with complete trash or ppl a few ranks below you when you're in promos.
> [{quoted}](name=Morbys,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ApIZIVkn,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-10-05T04:41:22.232+0000) > > Spoken as someone who clearly doesn't understand the champ. Her only %hp dmg was her passive, which they completely gutted. You're argument is that since there was finally a viable tank, to completely nerf them into nonexistence. Sound about right? > > This game is going downhill HARD. Where only a few champs are even viable to play competitively and the rest are sub par. Not enough bans are given to ban the broken champs, so every game is lopsided. The reporting system is a joke, IDGAF if someone cusses or is "verbally abusive". I can easily mute that person, but I can't mute a gd feeder/thrower out of the game. THAT needs to be addressed. Lets not even get started on ranked and how much of a joke it is. I swear you get grouped with complete trash or ppl a few ranks below you when you're in promos. What champs aren't viable? So far there has been more champs played in world's at this stage of the tournament than any other year. Top: {{champion:266}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:2}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:18}}{{champion:10}} Those are the champs are considered viable JUST for top lane. There's either OTP's getting to challenger, champs with decent winrates at all ELO's, play in pro or have good matchups. You seem to just be complaining for the sake of complaining. I'm sure there's others that people will add based on their own experience.
Bugog (NA)
: Why do you feel the need to hide behind a noob account when calling people out for their rank? According to stat sites she was already bottom 3 or 4 junglers on 9.16 at plat+ ranks. They nerfed her damage and now she's bottom 2, with a sub 45% wr plat+. Holy cow it's like plat players or better are struggling with her because of how much they've gutted her.
> [{quoted}](name=Bugog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ApIZIVkn,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2019-10-05T05:15:33.532+0000) > > Why do you feel the need to hide behind a noob account when calling people out for their rank? > > According to stat sites she was already bottom 3 or 4 junglers on 9.16 at plat+ ranks. They nerfed her damage and now she's bottom 2, with a sub 45% wr plat+. Holy cow it's like plat players or better are struggling with her because of how much they've gutted her. She's bottom tier because solo que isn't pro play. Most people in solo que don't work together in the slightest and everyone feels they have to be the 'carry'. When tanks tend to be equal to bruisers in solo que they become OP in pro play. Tanks do better with coordination, like Shen. Shen is a perfect example of a tank that even during his weakest solo que time was fine for pro play during certain metas because of coordination. Combining Shen's ultimate with Nocturn's, Galio, Twitch's stealth and Eve's passive made him a nightmare in pro play. You hardly ever saw this in solo que ever. Tower dives with a tanky jungler are much easier, and they scale well into late game. Most early tower diving champs don't scale as well, Elise and Ekko jungle, because their defense is damage in many instances. If they don't get fed they do nothing. Tanks that bring huge CC always bring presence even if they aren't fed. They soak up a ton of damage, can peel and lock someone down from dealing damage. Tanks are much safer in general. So keeping them equal in power for solo que means higher ELO's will have a completely broken game. I'm a tank and bruiser player, I play Malphite a lot and he's fine. I've 100-0 ADC's late game with 700+ armor and he can win a lot of lanes. Ornn is good, I'm not great with him but I've played against Ornn players as Jax and Morde and I've struggled to kill them and his gank assistance is insane. Tanks are fine and several of them have gotten buffed lately. Zac has been buffed and is doing really well right now at most ELO's.
: He’s only ever been buffed since 8.2
: Jungle imbalance
Exp should be equal, I hope it's fixed. I would say the biggest problem with it, is that some junglers are hit way harder than others as far as what you can pick depending on your side. This is a bigger issue in very high ELO games. For example, if you're blue side and you want to run an AP jungler, going red side is best for EXP but you have to do blue rush because mana. Lower ELO, I'm only gold, people just run around or try to clear on spawn and avoid varying their route on game state (this is me). Higher ELO, starting red steam as AP jungle (Gragas, Evelyn) can go blue, gromp, red, raptors, and finish is a similar time to a full red buff side clear on hitting lvl 3, it also puts you in position to gank top early on. I'm not a jungler main, I do it when filled, but it seems this is sort of the standard answer.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Exin0,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mvXXpyQr,comment-id=000500000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-01T06:51:17.511+0000) > > You have there distribution of her wins and loses think about it and also try think about why that winrate says nothing about her power in pro play. You mean her lack of power, right? Just because pros like using her doesnt actually mean shes good. Pros make the same dumb mistakes normal players do at times, and are known to be stubborn and overvalue certain things. Akali just isnt that strong. Certainly not strong enough to validate universal picking. Her loss rate reflects that, as she was practically a free loss.
She's beyond busted. Ask Sneaky after game 5 finals if Akali can be simply walked away from. These are the best players in the world and they're incredibly good at the game and understand all the champions. Someone posted EU stats, the KR stats, LPL stats are the same. NA is a bit lower but the pros that do play her in NA carry hard as hell on her. You should really play against a good Akali sometime. Tell me if you think you can simply 'walk away'.
Pika Fox (NA)
: You can outplay all of them yourself regardless of what the enemy does, just as much as they rely on you to fuck up. Akali has no way to force you into a fight and has near 0 upfront burst as an assassin. Youre free to just walk away. Yasuo can have his passive broken, windwall baited, and left without anywhere to really go based on minion wave advancement. Pyke has no damage outside of his ult as an assassin support, and limited effective CC, boasting the weakest hook and a very delayed stun that doubles as his main in combat mobility. If you can force him to miss his execute, almost all of his kits power budget is negated. Thats not even getting into the fact that he is a support who relies on his post 6 (realistically post 8) game to really do anything, leaving his lane very vulnerable to early pressure (especially his ADC, as he lacks any tools to reliably save the ADC).
You play against bots and have no rank. Try ranked match and play against a good Akali, plat+, and see how fun that lane is. > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mvXXpyQr,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-30T02:32:29.434+0000) > > You can outplay all of them yourself regardless of what the enemy does, just as much as they rely on you to fuck up. > > Akali has no way to force you into a fight and has near 0 upfront burst as an assassin. Youre free to just walk away.
: Jax, Renekton, and Darius do well against him.
Jax with Spirit of Shojin can beat him w/o minions in a 1v1 duel if equal lvl, gold and skill. That's only because Spirit of Shojin is beyond busted on a few champions. That setup tho doesn't happen much. A good Yasuo will clear the wave and back up and never take that duel. The game will focus around team fighting where both can make big plays. Renekton does well til Yasuo gets 2 items as long as they're both relatively equal in gold income. Darius does well for the first few levels, just like Renekton. After 2 or 3 items, there's very few champs that can take him 1v1 with both players having equal skill. Darius and Renekton have to grossly outplay a Yasuo late game. Typically 2 crit item Yasuo with a bruiser item will sort of steamroll both of those champs (PD and IE plus Sterak's typically or BT). After that it becomes extremely hard to take on a Yasuo for almost every top lane champ.
: champions that can take control over a situation are always "unilateral power fantasy" when Trundle was picked it was because his pillar allowed him to control scenarios when Jayce is picked it is because he has the ability to control the topside of the map The counter play to those champions is that their play pattern is locked you absolutely know what they will do and combine their abilities and you are given an opportunity to play around it you know pyke will charge his q so you can interrupt him you know yasuo needs waves to fight so you can play passive while your wave is alive and play agro when it's down you know akali is strong in her shroud so you have to make distance from it to streamline her movement pattern and have way easier avenue of fighting her what is your counterplay to annie flash w? what is your counter play to gragas e flash outside of flashing instantly and hoping they aren't bluffing? what is your counter play to reksai flash unburrow? what is your counter play to vladimir fully unloading his kit in 0.2seconds? being unfair and dictating the pace of the game has always been the name of the game every champion has a way of removing counterplay every champion has a way of being counter played the only champion void of said counter play at this moment is qiyana and surprisingly she is only considered insane at really high elo and pro play while her play pattern and reliability is fair to say insanely diverse and unfair
If your minion wave is down and you want to go hard on Yasuo, chances are that means his wave is up, that's a bad trade. You automatically take more damage. If you back up to let him clear wave then you walk up, you gave him complete wave control. That means he can roam, help jungle, harass you under turret. It's a losing way to fight a lot of times.
: Unless they have any kind of engage or at least ONE of the two of them has the brain cells to wait out his W. There's twice as many people there, so you're twice as likely for one of them to not be a total ape who's incapable of not ulting his wall. ######(His strength in proplay is a different story entirely).
So pro players are apes? He's played bot lane by some very respectable pro teams. Like G2. It's not like they're playing against terrible players. They've taken him into some really solid ADC's like Upset. I'm sure he's been played bot by other regions as well. At the tip top of play, he's not punished for being melee in bot lane.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Why would you be looking at the entire champion pool? He isn't laning against every champion specifically.
He lanes against a HUGE majority since he can be played in all 3 lanes, and I have seen a few jungle Yasuo's to be edgy. I'm not a great player, but I watch higher ELO vods of him being played against very standard bot lane match up and he does really well. Not always winning but not being stomped considering he's a melee going into possibly 2 ranged champs. Maybe he's bad in off meta botlanes, Yuumi/Garen maybe? He's way too versatile tho.
: Morde is probably the most simple kit they did in years. If they changed his ult he's be perfectly fine.
His ulti seems fine. There are plenty of champs that outscale him. In those cases I build full tank and hourglass. Simply to take the most fed person out of the team fight, run around to try and survive in my own ulti with hourglass. If it's an ADC that builds QSS you don't have an ulti.
Infernape (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mvXXpyQr,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-09-30T04:06:50.933+0000) > > Imagine ripping away like 10 mechanics from Akali, but she still continues to be a balance nightmare. Imagine reworked Akali being nerfed more in a year than pre rework Akali ever has. At this point she should be reverted and worked on gameplay wise.
Agreed. Besides her W working differently, she's basically gutted of new things. Oh her E has infinite range if landed.
: More of my Concept Skins (Infernal Tahm Kench)
Wow! That is amazing. Great job.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SFHFWill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=86zhZEFp,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-06T05:27:13.665+0000) > > What are you talking about? You have a certain degree of control over where her passive spawns. It spawns in the same places in lane, go stand by it every 12 secs. It's only 12 seconds when she is lvl 18, and with how much burst is in the game, that is more then enough time. > She's not tanky? WTF are you talking about? She's tanky as hell in team fights. She's tankier than most tank b/c of her insane healing. Don't rush a healing cut and bursting her with her ulti going is fucking insane. Kite out of her ulti, and she'll just walk back to turret, and you accomplished nothing. She is not tanky, she doesn't have a single steroid in her kit for tankiness, she does have insane healing though, that is only if she lands her E, she misses that, nothing and if you are forcing her to retreat, good, you are winning the lane. > She's gaining a lot of popularity and looking at websites her winrate is climbing in everything below Plat. Yeah, she is good at the elos where players don't know how to play against her kit, who cares about those elos, they need to get better, not have the game made worst because they aren't willing or able to improve. >I'm not great at this game, I know that. If she counter picks me, (I play Swain), lane is completely done. If I get to counter pick her with Renekton, yeah I'll win but that's what I'm saying. Yes, plenty of champs do well against her, Kled probably another one, but the champs she does counter it is to an insane degree. Yeah...that is kind of how counterpicking works? And how is that an argument in the first place when other champions do the same to other champions? >Her kit is trash and what's propping her up are insane values on her. That's not healthy for the game. Then say rework then, she does need a rework, FAR too much of her power is in her E, and if you dodge it, she is useless unless ahead. All she has right now is that damage, she gets the best team fight potential in the game, BUT only if the opponent fights her when she is strong. Against players who know what they are doing, they see Illaoi ulti...and back up away from her circle of death. Play the champion, she isn't anywhere near as powerful as you think she is.
I did say rework. Read the OP. Her kit is trash and only stupidly overtuned values are holding her kit together. That's dumb game design.
Xerees (NA)
: Instead of complaining take the time and try the champ against high mobility champs or range
You missed the whole counter pick thing, huh? Reading beyond titles is hard...I know. My argument is the way they are fixing her to make her viable and not trash is not healthy. Buffing her base values to insane levels is not addressing her problems, a shitty kit.
Jamaree (NA)
: Her kit has nothing but counterplay, what? She isn't mobile, she is forced to play around objects that she can't fully control how they spawn, she has no cc, no tankiness, no mobility while being a champion designed to be balls deep into five people, she has no escapes, and if she doesn't land her E, she does no damage. All her abilities are dodgable/interruptible except for her ultimate and if you walk away from her, there is literally nothing she can do to stop you. She ultis, walk away. She grabs your soul, walk away. She is walking towards you wanting to land her E, walk away, and she is so horribly slow that by the time she plants herself, the pull either misses or you can get far enough away that the tether breaks before she even land a single ability. Illaoi is one of those champions that looks OP and unstoppable when playing around her, then you play her and realize that her counterplay has counterplay, it is why she doesn't see all that much play, because she isn't that good and once you fully understand her kit, you see she honestly has more downsides then upsides.
What are you talking about? You have a certain degree of control over where her passive spawns. It spawns in the same places in lane, go stand by it every 12 secs. She's not tanky? WTF are you talking about? She's tanky as hell in team fights. She's tankier than most tank b/c of her insane healing. Don't rush a healing cut and bursting her with her ulti going is fucking insane. Kite out of her ulti, and she'll just walk back to turret, and you accomplished nothing. She's gaining a lot of popularity and looking at websites her winrate is climbing in everything below Plat. I'm not great at this game, I know that. If she counter picks me, (I play Swain), lane is completely done. If I get to counter pick her with Renekton, yeah I'll win but that's what I'm saying. Yes, plenty of champs do well against her, Kled probably another one, but the champs she does counter it is to an insane degree. Her kit is trash and what's propping her up are insane values on her. That's not healthy for the game.
Rioter Comments
DManRimo (EUW)
: "Watch 3 pro games" mission not working
: > [{quoted}](name=SFHFWill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kduanqT5,comment-id=00050000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2017-07-11T03:13:55.366+0000) > > The new Alistar sucks. It's not really as good as his old kit. > > With the buffs to his R, tower diving will probably happen all day. Somewhat agree. I liked the old Alistar. If you do build the current Alistar carefully though, he isn't too bad. (Not as good as the old one, but still pretty decent. Currently, he's like Rakan without the good looks and switched abilities.)
I agree. He was the original play making support. Before it was hip.
: Ali can be a front line tank or a back line peeler, he has a knock up stun and a his headbutt. He just is a better front line because of his dmg reduction. Good janna and soraka cant, they both have great healing ults, especially soraka's ult its game changing add {{item:3504}} and winspeakers and its huge. Janna's ult is also super game changing knocking everyone back and healing. Janna also is one of the best peeler's in the game, shield, slow, nado knock up, and her ult, she is one of the best supports in the game and has been this whole season, thresh had a time when he wasnt doing well janna hasnt not once she's literally been 51+ this whole season. Raka not only has a nice low cd heal, global heal, but also a aoe silence ever think about how amazing that is she can completely invalidate a whole team for some time and then if they stay in it they get snared. Ah and look if you look at both of them Thresh has a high winrate against them, its basically my match up is hard so lets nerf him. He wasnt even a problem till tank support items got buffed its just a circle jerk. If your gonna nerf something nerf {{item:3190}} because this combine with {{item:3193}} can give a 1k shield if somone has enough health its the items not the champion. Both Raka and Janna dont need buffs either because they are strong neither do they need nerfs. Thresh's lantern range isnt even large you can even block somone from taking it, his passive dmg isnt shouldnt be noticable to somone with heals or a shield.
The new Alistar sucks. It's not really as good as his old kit. With the buffs to his R, tower diving will probably happen all day.
Rioter Comments
: CC VS NO CC, TEAM COMPS MATTER . NO CC = LOSE BY DEFAULT
If your team comp doesn't have a lot or any CC, doesn't mean it's an auto lost. You have a 1/3/1 comp that forces picks and split fights around the map. A team with no CC means that they make up with that weakness with a crap ton of damage. That means faster Barons, faster Drakes and faster turrets dropping. I hate to tell you this, but CC heavy teams want and NEED to team fight to win. Teams with no CC can rotate and play the map to win and focus on skirmishing. There are plenty of teams that I've been part of that have no CC and win by split pushing and basically annoy the other team to death.
: {{champion:9}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:43}} don't have reliable CC and/or aren't viable in midlane. Apart from that, I'd agree with your point.
Well LCS disagrees with you on Karma mid. Kennen top as AP or AD is fine. I think you're not sure wtf you're talking about.
: Meanwhile The champions that actually need to be touched one way or another for various different reasons: {{champion:266}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:68}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:82}}
Most of those champs, they are working on. Maokai just got a mini rework. Udyr is getting one. Kled and Illaoi are fine. Aatrox is already getting reworked atm. Azir is going to require a lot of work. Galio is fine. Rumble is fine. Skarner is fine. Rammus just got a mini rework. Literally most of those champs you listed are fine and are getting slight tweeks atm. You just like to complain.
hyuneee (NA)
: When is Aurelion Sol patch change coming?
ASol has some insane burst if you land everything and farm well. Watch Huhi play that champ. Also he can keep up a fair bit of sustain damage when totally oom, meaning he's still a threat. Very few champs can say that. Honestly I think he's fine.
: http://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/diamond/by-winrate Dont know where your getting ur stuff but like i said soraka is only higher by a tiny bit , if you look at ranks below you see the difference increase. No matter how much they buff soraka or nerf thresh he will always have a higher pick rate, because thresh is more fun then Soraka. Its not even subjective its proven by statistics, I dont even think their has been a point where he has had a pickrate lower then 10% he is the funniest to play for support other then joke picks. Even if his winrate is high just ban him thats why they gave us five bans.
You should use op.gg Even Rito says it's more accurate. Thresh has an over loaded kit. If you're an aggressive support, you can use all 4 of his abilities to make aggressive plays and hard engage. If you're defensive, you can use all 4 of his abilities to kite and break off engagements. Very few champs in the support role can use their to fill a role on their team that their comp is lacking. Thresh can build to be the front line tank or a back line peeler. Janna and Soraka cannot do that. I would say if Thresh were to get a nerf, his passive scaling might be the place to start. Or his Lantern tether range after cast.
: I honestly didn't look. You people just seem to have a hard on for these win rates and what not, I simply copy and pasted from a site someone else posted on here. I don't have an issue with Thresh (except the hit box bug that someone else posted here), just as I don't see the problem with Orianna. It's not like those 2 are running around carrying matches left and right. They are very beatable and containable. Next you guys will be crying for Morgana nerfs, which would suck because I use her with a lot of success against people who pick Thresh.
Janna is used a lot less, and has a more dedicated player base. Thresh is closer to got filled and picked him, yet he still does fine. Yes a Thresh main > Random guy but his kit is overloaded.
kasfas (NA)
: Except whe he activates w he can't be slowed anymore.
He moves slower too so basically same effect.
: Literally my first thought about this Xp
I think Rito is trying to crush balance in this game. They need to stop with ranged bruisers. It's getting so old fighting Kennen, Quinn all day in top. Then the AP tops, Rumble and Swain and Vlad. Then of course the complete lane bullies are there, Darius, Fiora and Illaoi. None OP melee lane bullies and none ranged I guess are not really meant to be up there anymore.
Sharjo (EUW)
: Champion Reveal: Urgot the Dreadnaught
Great, another ranged bruiser rushing Frozen Mallet and BC in top lane. Being melee feels great man. Fun fun toxic lane! Edit: No wonder you guys forced Gnar back into the meta. Nothing says fun like Frozen Mallet ranged bruiser battles!
: > [{quoted}](name=Ralanr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VxhHXwpp,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2017-07-06T00:04:29.269+0000) > > Tenacity don't mean shit on my knock ups so go for it. no, i mean thats exactly the reason. i mean 100% cc immunity at rank 5 courage, including displacments.
Then play Olaf
: @ garen PBE changes
Tenacity doesn't affect knock ups iirc.
: > [{quoted}](name=SFHFWill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jvYAdAVl,comment-id=0000000300020000,timestamp=2017-07-06T00:59:53.484+0000) > > If you're letting a Shy build like that, you're an idiot. That's so much money and so late game. If Shy is building like that, she's an idiot. That's actually not true, PD, Triforce, and Bork are all completely viable items on Shyvana. Granted, it's a very different Shyvana than the one who ults into teamfights (Vanguard/Diver Shyvana), it's more of a skirmisher/duelist Shyvana. Think Kled. No ability to dodge or outplay damage, but instead tanky to make up for it. PD was more viable when it costed 2550 g, but it should still be decent.
No one would ever build Shy like that. You're so damn glass cannon it's a joke. 1 form of CC and you'll be instantly killed. Maybe in lower ELO, like way down there. If she builds like that any AP mage will 1 shot her. Any assassin will 1 shot her. Any burst or decent CC ability will crush her. Build Exe Calling, she dies to any bruiser.
Show more

SFHFWill

Level 214 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion