: Riot is now so hated by its own playerbase we are celebrating them crashing and burning.
Isn't the 700 mil loss from when the Chinese government banned video games? But what do I know, maybe shutting off the largest populated server on the planet might not have had anything to do with a dip in revenue. Also, everyone is celebrating the crashing and burning of Activision. Most people don't care what is happening with Riot.
: The Great "Aatrox" Rework
I don't understand what you are saying. New Aatrox is bad because he is overloaded and isn't enough like old Aatrox... but old Aatrox was a mindless statcheck champion? Are you saying they should have kept more of old Aatrox or less?
CLG ear (NA)
: How do floating champions increase their forward momentum without exerting force?
IAmWoralo (EUW)
: Is this madness ever going to stop?
The reason why no one is playing traditional supports is because in order to get the last few boxes of the season, support mains are forced to play champions who aren't supports to earn those chests.
Dr Dog (NA)
: can we start getting champion VU's?
The problem is Riot would have to pay to have their models updated for their old kits, and then pay even more to redesign the models for the new kits. It makes more sense to just wait until their kit and model are ready at the same time. Saves time and money.
: > [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2Lh7ANce,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-16T00:36:33.368+0000) > > Well considering Kayle is swinging around the sword of Demacia, and that her armor is carved into the largest religious temple in all of Demacia, I think Kayle is a little more than just a secret. > > My guess is that, through light magic, the Lightbringers have finally purged a Darkin from it's weapon, giving Kayle the full power of an Ascended god warrior, meanwhile Morgana volunteered to be bound with the Darkin but she became to powerful and corrupted. I think the armored statues that are all over demacia are the typical demcian armor nothing more.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2Lh7ANce,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-01-16T16:45:27.179+0000) > > I think the armored statues that are all over demacia are the typical demcian armor nothing more. What about her sword? The symbol of Demacia has always been the weapon they cherish the most. Before Poppy was tasked with delivering the hammer of Demacia to the hero of Demacia, the symbol of Demacia was that hammer. Now it is a winged sword, just like Kayle's sword. Unless there are multiple swords made of wings, but that seems... weird.
SickAnto (EUW)
: Ok thank you!
> [{quoted}](name=SickAnto,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2Lh7ANce,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T09:30:13.557+0000) > > Ok thank you! Yeah, Kayle and Morgana are not Darkin, just like Kayn.
: > [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wXAd6MhQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-16T03:14:31.059+0000) > > Well, the next Darkin is going to represent the Scales of Justice Oh man it seems like someone works for Riot since he is 100% SURE that what he says **is going to happen.**
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wXAd6MhQ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-16T07:24:52.264+0000) > > Oh man it seems like someone works for Riot since he is 100% SURE that what he says **is going to happen.** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8alr_XJ0co
GreenLore (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wXAd6MhQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-16T03:14:31.059+0000) > > Well, the next Darkin is going to represent the Scales of Justice, so shields are probably going to play a big role. Actually the 3rd rider of the apocalypse uses the scales of famine,not the scales of justice...
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wXAd6MhQ,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-01-16T15:08:30.513+0000) > > Actually the 3rd rider of the apocalypse uses the scales of famine,not the scales of justice... Well Riot isn't going one to one with the mythos, so the order is whatever, and Famine is the rider, he wields the scales of justice.
: You realize that we've only seen 1/6th of Runeterra, right? I very seriously doubt Targon is the crystal capital of the entire planet.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=000100010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T17:59:29.837+0000) > > You realize that we've only seen 1/6th of Runeterra, right? I very seriously doubt Targon is the crystal capital of the entire planet. Well the crystal womb of all Runeterra is beneath Targon... Well, Targon and Shurima... it's a big crystal.
Atgo (EUW)
: > Well, she won't be in Noxus, Rhaast was buried there, she won't be in the Freljords, Aatrox was buried there, she won't be in Ionia, Varus was buried there, she won't be in Shurima, Varus already searched there.. and there was already a Darkin sealed in Shurima, Ta'anari. Noxus is really big, Rhaast was found close to Vindor but there is still a lot of Noxian land. Aatrox wasnt sealed in Freljord, he was sealed in Shurima and went all the way up to freljord, that has been clearly stated in those two quotes: Question: > Where was he trapped as a weapon? Answer: > Shurima https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/8una0m/were_the_team_that_updated_aatrox_ask_us_anything/e1gzxjy Question: > A different question, can you share what Aatrox was doing in the Freljord to fuck up Trynd's tribe Answer: > I will say that he’s been traveling around the world for looong time. Looking for a better host(s)—and indirectly, perhaps only subconciously, he wanted to get away from his homeland and headed towards the location of the only other major void incursion. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/jFb3VXOW-aatrox-ult-music?comment=000000020001 Tryndamare lore is in no way a proof that Aatrox was sealed in Freljord since Aatrox is walking around the world for centuries, just because he decimated Tryndamere's tribe some few years ago, it doesnt means he has been centuries in that same place. Ta'anari wasnt sealed anywhere, that "Chailicar is a Darkin" theory never made any sense and Scath alredy debunked it: https://twitter.com/LaurieGoulding/status/1055700548819644416 > I'm not sure why people are fixating on the Chalicar... **it's not a Darkin weapon**, and it was used, ONCE, as a template for trapping the Darkin. That's not necessarily going to work again, you know! And it was never confirmed that two Darkins cant be sealed in the same place. All the regions you mentioned are almost continental size. And even then, there is still those territories between Demacia and Noxus AND there are still other continents, we only know 1/6 of Runeterra. And about Piltover, as Cetri mentioned there are still some Shuriman ruins that werent destroyed.
> [{quoted}](name=Atgo,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-16T10:41:32.802+0000) > > Noxus is really big, Rhaast was found close to Vindor but there is still a lot of Noxian land. Rhaast was found somewhere in Noxus that is a 2 day trip, on horse, away from Vindor. > Aatrox wasnt sealed in Freljord, he was sealed in Shurima and went all the way up to freljord, that has been clearly stated in those two quotes: It doesn't matter where they were sealed, it matters where they were buried. When Aatrox was first awoken, he spent several human lifetimes, grooming the primitives who worship him into powerful, strong, virtuous, and skilled warriors that he could sculpt a new body with. Then after he was satisfied with his body, he started a search for a way to free his soul. Is it not impossible that this clan Aatrox created is in the Freljords? > Ta'anari wasnt sealed anywhere, that "Chailicar is a Darkin" theory never made any sense and Scath alredy debunked it: > https://twitter.com/LaurieGoulding/status/1055700548819644416 Why doesn't it make sense? Sivir is destined to bring about great destruction and then great unity. I don't really think Sivir would willingly use the crossblade to kill the gods, doesn't it make sense that Ta'anari could be influencing her to kill the gods? Like, even if he isn't a Darkin, his heart was still forged into the crossblade. He could still be influencing Sivir, like how the One Ring make Bilbo attack Frodo. Bilbo would never attack Frodo, but the Ring made him. > And it was never confirmed that two Darkins cant be sealed in the same place. All the regions you mentioned are almost continental size. And even then, there is still those territories between Demacia and Noxus AND there are still other continents, we only know 1/6 of Runeterra. > > And about Piltover, as Cetri mentioned there are still some Shuriman ruins that werent destroyed. But that still doesn't mean there won't be a Darkin in Demacia.
: > [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-01-16T00:29:42.202+0000) > > And of course their weapons look Targonian, all of the Darkins weapons are Targonian. The Targonians forged weapons for the Darkin, so they could seal them in the weapons. They (the Darkin Weapons) aren't and they (the Targonians) didn't.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=0001000100000001,timestamp=2019-01-16T07:37:33.238+0000) > > They (the Darkin Weapons) aren't and they (the Targonians) didn't. ...Where does it say they aren't? Varus has a crystal bow... Where is the largest source of crystals in all of Runeterra? Targon.
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T03:24:35.878+0000) > > Taanari is dead as a doornail and not sealed in anything, but I've had that argument with you before and have no interest in repeating it. Regardless is if he is dead or not, or a Darkin or not, he was a Darkin and his heart was sealed inside of the crossblade and that was sealed in a tomb beneath Shurima. Besides, Varus already searched Shurima, so she isn't there. > There's nothing saying Aatrox was sealed in the Freljord. Besides Twilight of the Gods saying Aatrox was preoccupied with waging wars in the Freljords, and that he killed Tryndamere's clan after he was unearthed. > There's nothing saying that a region can't be home to more than one darkin, either. We don't know where exactly Rhaast was located, it's possible he was in an area of the Shuriman continent that had been claimed by Noxus. ...That's a bit of a stretch. It says it was unearthed in Noxus, not unearthed in Noxus occupied Shurima. I'm pretty sure the queens didn't want the Darkin to ever unite again, so they would have sealed them at the furthest corners of Runeterra. > Varus searched one temple, not all of Shurima. That is just a framing device. In any narrative, if there is a lot or a large thing the "hero" must search, you don't show them searching through each and every thing he can. You show him search one thing, then you typically have him looking over all he has to search before cutting away. Then when you go back to the "hero" he has finished searching through everything and still not found what he was looking for. > She could well be in Kumungu, as well. Technically Shurima, but also not quite. The main problem with Valeeva being sealed in Shurima is that the three queens who were tasked with sealing the Darkin ruled the norther continent of Valoran, not the southern continent Shurima. > I'm saying that there's no reason to doubt the information we're given, especially when it was given by Reav3, who does not AFAIK have a history of lying, and was replying _specifically_ to assuage concerns about their lore. I agree. Kayle and Morgana are not, and never will go through the Shuriman Ascension ritual, because Kayle and Morgana are not Ascended or Darkin. I 100% agree with that. But that in no way means they do not have a Darkin.
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-01-16T07:31:32.025+0000) > > Could also be warring against the human tribes there. Can't conquer people without fighting them, after all. ...But Ta'anari already conquered the human clans of Valoran. > What clans that Aatrox created? The ones he used as a farm to create the most powerful body and skilled mind. >"In the years that followed, Aatrox groomed many more hosts—men and women of exceptional vitality or fortitude." He is worshiped as a god by the barbarians. >_"Primitives worship me, hoping for mercy. I shall give them death."_ There aren't many people outside of the Freljord who have a religious devotion to combat. > We are shown _he has arrived in Shurima_, and found it vastly different from what he expected. I'm not expecting Riot to give us every waking moment of Varus's journey, but I don't expect them to just show him _just getting there_ and then saying "whelp that's it, he's searched all of Shurima!!!" _That_ would be boring and also _not_ showing everything important to the plot. But that's how these kinds of tropes go. It's kinda like this https://i.redd.it/0r0rvj2kdzr01.gif See, he starts, then a time cut, then it's over. > The place where the people who are helping them imprison the darkin come from, which is on the same continent as most of the darkin... is more out of the way than Ionia? But one of the queens is, presumably, from Ionia. Also, why would the Darkin, who just saw 4 immortal god warriors get turned into dust, stay in Shurima? Wouldn't the smart thing for them to do would be go north, get their armies, and hide? > The difference there is that Rhaast is playable, and honestly they should do a Nunu & Willump deal there, but still. Not sure how to have her be part of the angels' lore without ripping off Kayn's gimmicks or- > > Damn it, dude, I don't want to keep having this discussion on why that is a _terrible_ idea, for a VGU in particular. You mean the part where Kayle or Morgana gets possessed by Valeeva after killing one another? That doesn't seem like a terrible idea for a VGU. > And you're not putting words in anyone's mouth? You're not making stretches? I'm not saying that Rioters are saying they are definitely going to be Darkin or not. I'm just saying that Rioters have not made it clear enough to rule out the possibility of them wielding a Darkin. > You are aware that Morgana's abilities aren't changing, right? Not "exactly the same but with a fusion mechanic awkwardly tacked on in an attempt to emulate a dying game," but not changing period. If you're going to call me out for following the spirit rather than the letter, then practice what you preach. Yeah, I even said her current kit is fine the way it is. Her gameplay doesn't have to change a single bit to accommodate a fusion with a Darkin. Also, that's not fair, the only reason HotS is dying is because Activision is firing most of their and Blizazrd's staff. It's amazing Bungie got out with Destiny still in tact.
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T03:24:35.878+0000) > > Taanari is dead as a doornail and not sealed in anything, but I've had that argument with you before and have no interest in repeating it. Regardless is if he is dead or not, or a Darkin or not, he was a Darkin and his heart was sealed inside of the crossblade and that was sealed in a tomb beneath Shurima. Besides, Varus already searched Shurima, so she isn't there. > There's nothing saying Aatrox was sealed in the Freljord. Besides Twilight of the Gods saying Aatrox was preoccupied with waging wars in the Freljords, and that he killed Tryndamere's clan after he was unearthed. > There's nothing saying that a region can't be home to more than one darkin, either. We don't know where exactly Rhaast was located, it's possible he was in an area of the Shuriman continent that had been claimed by Noxus. ...That's a bit of a stretch. It says it was unearthed in Noxus, not unearthed in Noxus occupied Shurima. I'm pretty sure the queens didn't want the Darkin to ever unite again, so they would have sealed them at the furthest corners of Runeterra. > Varus searched one temple, not all of Shurima. That is just a framing device. In any narrative, if there is a lot or a large thing the "hero" must search, you don't show them searching through each and every thing he can. You show him search one thing, then you typically have him looking over all he has to search before cutting away. Then when you go back to the "hero" he has finished searching through everything and still not found what he was looking for. > She could well be in Kumungu, as well. Technically Shurima, but also not quite. The main problem with Valeeva being sealed in Shurima is that the three queens who were tasked with sealing the Darkin ruled the norther continent of Valoran, not the southern continent Shurima. > I'm saying that there's no reason to doubt the information we're given, especially when it was given by Reav3, who does not AFAIK have a history of lying, and was replying _specifically_ to assuage concerns about their lore. I agree. Kayle and Morgana are not, and never will go through the Shuriman Ascension ritual, because Kayle and Morgana are not Ascended or Darkin. I 100% agree with that. But that in no way means they do not have a Darkin.
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T04:33:56.203+0000) > > Care to give me a quote? I just skimmed through Twilight and re read his bio, and I cannot find mention of such. Aatrox did slaughter Tryndamere's clan, but that happened an ambiguous (though likely lengthy) time after he was unearthed. It's never directly said, just alluded to. Like the Darkin who were called there to meet were not actively at war with each other, meaning the war in the far north Cabotaur is waging must be against Aatrox, Rhaast or Varus, and since we know Rhaast was waging wars in the east, as we hear from Vladamir's story. Well Aatrox did spend a lot of time raising humans to build himself the most powerful body, and from all we can guess is that they are located in the Freljords. No culture on Runeterra quite embodies the religious devotion to combat the Freljordians have, and that seems like it might have originated from the clans that Aatrox created. > Which is not necessarily how it always goes. Varus has after all just arrived in Shurima, this is only the first temple he has searched. If it mentioned him searching more I would agree, but as it stands I cannot. Why would the search montage start halfway through the search? You should the beginning then you cut away. The start and then cut to the end of the search, not a cut to the middle of the search where nothing happens. In any good narrative you only show what is important, and what was important is that he has searched Shurima. That is enough evidence to rule out Shurima as a potential area where Valeeva has been sealed. It would be the most boring thing for Riot to go through every single town, city, temple, tomb, and ruin in Shurima. Like I said, you only show what is important to the narrative. > Since when were there three queens? And Varus at least believed Valeeva was there at one point, and there's good cause to believe he was the last Darkin to be sealed (his knowledge that there 5 remaining darkin, and that the queen sacrificed herself to seal him). Anyway, the darkin ruled Shurima, and the continent is also home to Mt Targon. It is just as logical a place to seal them as Valoran. Their names were Teushpa, Sulpae and Idri-Mi. Ta'anari made a note in Twilight of the Gods how they were the three queens of the humans that ruled Valoran, and how he toppled their armies and made them swear loyalty to him. But why would a queen from Valoran go to Targon? It seems out of the way. > It does, because they would not reduce one of the only two other darkin to a footnote of another character's lore (and I know what you want to say about that, and... no. Not gonna happen). Not to mention the simplest meaning of Reav3's statement is that they will not draw their powers from a darkin either. Who's to say Valeeva is only going to be a footnote? Is Rhaast a footnote in Kayn's lore? For the Darkin prophecy to be realized, Valeeva must have a way to become whole in game. Meaning it could be like the event between Rengar and Kha'Zix, where whoever kills the other at the end game becomes upgraded, only this time it's Kayle or Morgana losing their will to Valeeva... Or, what would be really cool, is if, like with her brother Varus, Valeeva can rend Kayle and Morgana's minds, bodies, and souls into a single being. Making Valeeva the first two player controlled champion, like HotS's Cho'Gall. I mean, Morgana's kit is simple enough to staple to another champion and still be viable. You're putting words in Reav3's mouth... uh keyboard. What he said is what he said, no more no less. They are not Shuriman Ascended and they are not Darkin.
Cetri (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T02:52:46.234+0000) > > Well, she won't be in Noxus, Rhaast was buried there, she won't be in the Freljords, Aatrox was buried there, she won't be in Ionia, Varus was buried there, she won't be in Shurima, Varus already searched there.. and there was already a Darkin sealed in Shurima, Ta'anari. > > That leave Mt. Targon, the Shadow Isles, and Demacia. I don't think she is going to be a zombie, and I don't thinks the Targonians would desecrate their sacred mountain by sealing a demon in it. Taanari is dead as a doornail and not sealed in anything, but I've had that argument with you before and have no interest in repeating it. There's nothing saying Aatrox was sealed in the Freljord. There's nothing saying that a region can't be home to more than one darkin, either. We don't know where exactly Rhaast was located, it's possible he was in an area of the Shuriman continent that had been claimed by Noxus. Varus searched one temple, not all of Shurima. She could well be in Kumungu, as well. Technically Shurima, but also not quite. > Before you bring up Piltover, it exploded, and no Darkin was buried there. I wasn't going to, but since you did, I will point out that as per Ezreal's lore there are Shuriman ruins there that were not destroyed by the opening of the Sun Gates. > So the rest of Riot can't use red herrings when talking about champions? I'm saying that there's no reason to doubt the information we're given, especially when it was given by Reav3, who does not AFAIK have a history of lying, and was replying _specifically_ to assuage concerns about their lore.
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T03:24:35.878+0000) > > Taanari is dead as a doornail and not sealed in anything, but I've had that argument with you before and have no interest in repeating it. Regardless is if he is dead or not, or a Darkin or not, he was a Darkin and his heart was sealed inside of the crossblade and that was sealed in a tomb beneath Shurima. Besides, Varus already searched Shurima, so she isn't there. > There's nothing saying Aatrox was sealed in the Freljord. Besides Twilight of the Gods saying Aatrox was preoccupied with waging wars in the Freljords, and that he killed Tryndamere's clan after he was unearthed. > There's nothing saying that a region can't be home to more than one darkin, either. We don't know where exactly Rhaast was located, it's possible he was in an area of the Shuriman continent that had been claimed by Noxus. ...That's a bit of a stretch. It says it was unearthed in Noxus, not unearthed in Noxus occupied Shurima. I'm pretty sure the queens didn't want the Darkin to ever unite again, so they would have sealed them at the furthest corners of Runeterra. > Varus searched one temple, not all of Shurima. That is just a framing device. In any narrative, if there is a lot or a large thing the "hero" must search, you don't show them searching through each and every thing he can. You show him search one thing, then you typically have him looking over all he has to search before cutting away. Then when you go back to the "hero" he has finished searching through everything and still not found what he was looking for. > She could well be in Kumungu, as well. Technically Shurima, but also not quite. The main problem with Valeeva being sealed in Shurima is that the three queens who were tasked with sealing the Darkin ruled the norther continent of Valoran, not the southern continent Shurima. > I'm saying that there's no reason to doubt the information we're given, especially when it was given by Reav3, who does not AFAIK have a history of lying, and was replying _specifically_ to assuage concerns about their lore. I agree. Kayle and Morgana are not, and never will go through the Shuriman Ascension ritual, because Kayle and Morgana are not Ascended or Darkin. I 100% agree with that. But that in no way means they do not have a Darkin.
: My Hopes for future darkin
Well, the next Darkin is going to represent the Scales of Justice, so shields are probably going to play a big role. Like maybe they could have an evil Darkin shield that is a magic shield and then an Ascended glowing shield that blocks physical damage. Like if Camille's passive was an ability.
Cetri (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T01:34:46.183+0000) > > So... What? Another glowing purple godly female from Demacia with weird sibling problems is just going to show up as a brand new champion? Show me where there's anything that says Valeeva is in Demacia and then we'll talk. > Rioters have said that the chain champion leak was completely fake and that Sylas wasn't going to be the champion. So, we can't take Rioters for their word, and look, there's even a smiley face in the quote. It could be a sign that **they ** aren't Darkin, but they have one. No, Blaustoise, a known troll (remember the Zed fiasco?) who isn't part of the lore team nor has anything to do with either Sylas's or (afaik) the angel sisters dev teams said that. Very different.
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T01:58:09.064+0000) > > Show me where there's anything that says Valeeva is in Demacia and then we'll talk. Well, she won't be in Noxus, Rhaast was buried there, she won't be in the Freljords, Aatrox was buried there, she won't be in Ionia, Varus was buried there, she won't be in Shurima, Varus already searched there.. and there was already a Darkin sealed in Shurima, Ta'anari. That leave Mt. Targon, the Shadow Isles, and Demacia. I don't think she is going to be a zombie, and I don't thinks the Targonians would desecrate their sacred mountain by sealing a demon in it. Before you bring up Piltover, it exploded, and no Darkin was buried beneath it. > No, Blaustoise, a known troll (remember the Zed fiasco?) who isn't part of the lore team nor has anything to do with either Sylas's or (afaik) the angel sisters dev teams said that. Very different. So the rest of Riot can't use red herrings when talking about champions?
Jobriq (NA)
: Petition to change the green up arrows on Mundo ult to $$$ on Corporate Mundo skin
Sukishoo (NA)
: Stop trying. They aren't going to be related to the Darkin in any fashion. Morgana is just a visual update for that matter, they aren't going to overhaul her like Kayle. She will not have the Varus treatment and have other people living in her.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T01:24:42.161+0000) > > Stop trying. They aren't going to be related to the Darkin in any fashion. Morgana is just a visual update for that matter, they aren't going to overhaul her like Kayle. She will not have the Varus treatment and have other people living in her. So... What? Another glowing purple godly female from Demacia with weird sibling problems is just going to show up as a brand new champion? And wouldn't it make narrative symmetry that Valeeva, like Varus, is dealing with two humans? https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/68533635/its-like-poetry-it-rhymes.jpg Rioters have said that the chain champion leak was completely fake and that Sylas wasn't going to be the champion. So, we can't take Rioters for their word, and look, there's even a smiley face in the quote. It could be a sign that **they ** aren't Darkin, but they have one.
Sukishoo (NA)
: It was on [reddit](https://www.reddit.com/r/Kaylemains/comments/9ac0nz/just_one_thing_can_we_all_agree_to_not_act_like/e4x8k35/). Riot Reav3: "Kayle and Morgana won't be Darkin or Shurima Ascended :)
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T01:09:30.586+0000) > > It was on [reddit](https://www.reddit.com/r/Kaylemains/comments/9ac0nz/just_one_thing_can_we_all_agree_to_not_act_like/e4x8k35/). > > Riot Reav3: "Kayle and Morgana won't be Darkin or Shurima Ascended :) Exactly. Kayle and Morgana are not Shuriman Ascended nor are they Darkin... Valeeva is.
Sukishoo (NA)
: But that would still make them linked to the Darkin/Ascended and it was confirmed they aren't. So, no aspect of a Darkin nor Ascended will be in the champs.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T00:30:34.398+0000) > > But that would still make them linked to the Darkin/Ascended and it was confirmed they aren't. So, no aspect of a Darkin nor Ascended will be in the champs. Where are you getting your information from?
: Any expectations for Kayle and Morgana ¿
Well considering Kayle is swinging around the sword of Demacia, and that her armor is carved into the largest religious temple in all of Demacia, I think Kayle is a little more than just a secret. My guess is that, through light magic, the Lightbringers have finally purged a Darkin from it's weapon, giving Kayle the full power of an Ascended god warrior, meanwhile Morgana volunteered to be bound with the Darkin but she became to powerful and corrupted.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Riot already confirmed they aren't Shuriman Ascendants nor Darkin related. So that one, no. Aspects is still a possibility though, since they hinted at the teaser being very Targonian.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2Lh7ANce,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-16T00:04:10.005+0000) > > Riot already confirmed they aren't Shuriman Ascendants nor Darkin related. So that one, no. > > Aspects is still a possibility though, since they hinted at the teaser being very Targonian. Riot never said that they were unrelated to the Darkin. Just that Kayle and Morgana have never gone through the Ascension ritual.
: They could technically be Celestials ({{champion:136}} {{champion:432}} {{champion:16}} ). Which is the closest thing they were to pre-Aatrox quotes
> [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-15T23:50:49.078+0000) > > They could technically be Celestials ({{champion:136}} {{champion:432}} {{champion:16}} ). Which is the closest thing they were to pre-Aatrox quotes Even before Aatrox quoted saying Kayle is Ascended and Morgana is bound, and all the retcons, they were thought to be the same race as the Darkin.
Sukishoo (NA)
: >My theory is that Kayle and Morgana will somehow have the female Darkin, who is obsessed with justice, Riot already confirmed awhile back that they are neither Ascendants nor Darkin. And their old teaser was very Targonian, so they are more likely to be Aspects if anything.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LE66wXB6,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-01-16T00:06:52.248+0000) > > Riot already confirmed awhile back that they are neither Ascendants nor Darkin. > > And their old teaser was very Targonian, so they are more likely to be Aspects if anything. But I clearly said that Kayle and Morgana are not Ascended or Darkin, Valeeva is. Like how Kayn is not an Ascended or a Darkin, Rhaast is. And of course their weapons look Targonian, all of the Darkins weapons are Targonian. The Targonians forged weapons for the Darkin, so they could seal them in the weapons.
: Some thoughts on the Demacia teaser images
At this point, the only race Kayle and Morgana have any similarities to are the Ascended and the Darkin, despite them not originating from Shurima or being Darkin themselves.... And I guess technically the Vastyans. My theory is that Kayle and Morgana will somehow have the female Darkin, who is obsessed with justice, Valeeva split between them. We already have a Darkin from Noxus{{champion:141}}, Ionia{{champion:110}}, and the Freljords{{champion:266}}, so it would only make sense that Demacia{{champion:10}}{{champion:25}} would have a Darkin as well. If the leak is to be believed, then Kayle's entire kit will revolve around Ascending, just as Kayn does to achieve Shadow Assassin Kayn, only in a much more "holier than thou" kinda way. Even her promotional material says she will Ascend during the game. While Morgana, like the Darkin, is described as being bound. Valeeva, in the Twilight of the Gods story, is even described as being pale with purple glowing veins. Then there is the whole Horsemen of the Apocalypse allegory, with a sword of war, a scythe of death, a bow of disease, and lastly the scales of justice. Now you could call me naive, but doesn't Kayle and Morgana fit perfectly with the allegory of the scales of justice? We already know, from Sylas's and Lux's stories, that Demacia is perfectly comfortable using magic in service to Demacia, and we know from Lucian that Demacia has magical relics at their disposal. So Demacia keeping a Darkin, which is in a winged sword, which is the symbol of Demacia, makes more than enough sense. Kayle's armor is even carved into the Lightbringer temple, the religious order that runs Demacia.
Nhifu (NA)
: Adaptive force twin shadows
: Which song should I chart for beat saber?
I vote the entire Bee Movie https://i.ytimg.com/vi/I2QuppO7fyI/maxresdefault.jpg
: > [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dMEqw5mm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-15T00:17:17.117+0000) > > {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} Agreed, I don't have a two step verification for the forums. But the idea has merit and could very easily be implemented. Either as an app for your phone (free), or a small little keychain thing you can buy for $5.
But we have two step verification. It's in the about section in the client options.
: longest loss streak seen on lol??
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/medium/000/020/727/ss_(2016-06-20_at_05.59.17).jpg
: will we ever see 2 step verification.
: Any ideas for Mordekaiser rework?
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/pZhV88Ii-rework-concept-mordekaiser-the-hollowed-revanent
: Dorian the Lifestealer (Fourth Darkin) (Champion Concept)
But why is it a Darkin? The whole idea behind Darkin are they are souls bound to living weapons... Where is his weapon?
Kippid (NA)
: i get honored every game...level 5 honor
Yeah, I just stopped trying to get chests all together until I get enough keys to open them.
: All I want is more Darkin champions (or even just named, in-universe characters) so the apocalypse dream team of {{champion:266}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:110}} will be complete :D Bonus points if one's the 'sister' Varus mentioned. Riot. Riot _pls_. https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EmbellishedGorgeousEstuarinecrocodile-small.gif
> [{quoted}](name=13blackcats,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PHA8IPVL,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-14T04:26:34.259+0000) > > All I want is more Darkin champions (or even just named, in-universe characters) Ta'anari was a panther Darkin who's Ascended essence was ripped from his body before his heart was forged into Sivir's crossblade. Valeeva is a female humanoid Darkin who is Varus's adopted sister, and she is even more obsessed with justice and revenge than Varus is. Xuuyan was an axe wielding turtle Darkin who's body was killed by Ta'anari. Shabaka and Shabake were twin female raven Darkin who could see the future, who were completely disintegrated by moon magic. Naganeka is a female poisonous serpent Darkin who refused to speak for hundreds of years. Cebotaru is a wolf Darkin.
Rioter Comments
: Any idea on when the Kayle and Morgana reworks are coming ¿
Pretty soon, cause it looks like Sylas is going to throw Demacia into a civil war and force the Lightbringers to declare an emergency police state and give ruling control of all of Demacia to Kayle.
: > [{quoted}](name=Valor Bot,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Kh5hLLsJ,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-01-13T21:17:09.529+0000) > > I hate to be cynical but this is more or less my expectation as well :( Especially since, if the [teaser images are anything to go by](https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0PTtwrlTPeg/XC5czWZ8PAI/AAAAAAABNDg/mE65HBy_NJEKiYQLBv7TJh1KQvy8XEfCQCLcBGAs/s1600/DwASnwuW0AUv1cq.jpg), this upcoming event will most likely involve Demacia's anti-magic narrative coming to a climax, either via the world runes buried beneath it or Sylas causing some sort of magical cataclysm (imagine what would happen if he caused a chain reaction with Galio?). If that's the case, then these characters will naturally end up getting more time in the lime light than other champs such as Lucian, Quinn, or Xin Zhao, who have no real role to play in Demacia's anti-magic narrative (at least at present). Imagine if Galio blows up and is killed off from the lore.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Kh5hLLsJ,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-01-13T21:26:17.415+0000) > > Imagine if Galio blows up and is killed off from the lore. That's the throne of Demacia, not Galio... unless Galio has a chair built into him.
: [get HYPE] Scathlocke: "ALL Demacian champions could potentially play a part in what is coming."
Bultz (NA)
: @Riot can we get some Darkin artwork
Well, I think all the pre Darkin art is going to come after the next Darkin is revealed. So it could be any time between the end of January and 2020, since all of the Darkin lore we got came entirely from last year. And I know what people will say, "but that's when Kayle and Morgana's rework will be hitting the PBE, how could the next Darkin be revealed then?" Exactly.
pox999 (NA)
: Why can't i get the blue essence after match?
Most of the BE you get nowadays is from level up chests.
Kelg (NA)
: Why cant we trade x amount of keys for a box?
If you want more boxes play more champions. I recommend playing them support, regardless of the champion, and just ward all game every game, and don't die.
: > [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hBVqZnZc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-13T16:34:21.958+0000) > > Well, in order to take him on 1 on 1, it requires a min maxed build. So, you either make your entire build around tanking his damage and out sustaining him, or rolling around constantly wearing light armor and smacking him with the largest weapon you got. I did the second option, works easier for me. Besides, I am able to tank one to two attack from him... except for the beam considering it one shots me.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Apex,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hBVqZnZc,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T16:35:59.601+0000) > > I did the second option, works easier for me. > Besides, I am able to tank one to two attack from him... except for the beam considering it one shots me. Also, don't move. Midir is completely blind and attacks at where you last made noise.
: So... any tips to kill darkeater Midir in dark souls 3?
Well, in order to take him on 1 on 1, it requires a min maxed build. So, you either make your entire build around tanking his damage and out sustaining him, or rolling around constantly wearing light armor and smacking him with the largest weapon you got.
Rioter Comments
: Account permanently banned for unjustified reason
: Vayne seems like the perfect person to become a member of Demacia's Mageseekers.
Wouldn't she be trying to kill some of the politically powerful and the wealthy of Demacia? You know, the people the mageseekers didn't arrest in Sylas's story. Doesn't it seem like a conflict of interest when Vayne wants to kill the people who would be employing her?
: > [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KYpeTv5V,comment-id=00060000000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-11T16:35:22.404+0000) > > I never said she does. > > I'm saying that yordles perceive time differently than a human. What is a long time to a human might just seem like no time at all to a yordle. So what? What are you trying to say with it? > > Have you read Sylas's lore? Nothing in it states that the capital somehow "operates much differently". > > People in rural Demacia act much differently than people in Demacia proper. There are mages everywhere in Demacia, and outside of the city, they are praised for their abilities. It's even possible that the town Shyvana and Jarven stayed at embraced mages, just as the hillfolk did in northern Demacia. > > There are no examples of people descriminating against Shyvana, outside of the masses not trusting her, because there are no examples of Shyvana interacting with citizens of Demacia proper. Just because she hasn't interacted with citizens in the capital doesn't mean she will be discriminated against the immediate that she does so. Again, nothing in Sylas' lore is stating that the capital "operates much differently". > > "The Other." Anything that is foreign or strange. Dragons are not foreign or unknown to Demacians. They are native (at least some are) to areas close to Demacia, and, based on Jarvan IV's lore as well as Demacian Heart, they are at least semi-common knowledge. They are, however, magical, which is indeed a problem. > > Well, this might just be another one of my crazy theories, but Sona wasn't adopted because she was a good musician. She was adopted the moment Lestara heard the etwahl was in the possession of an orphan girl in Ionia. This is not entirely correct. Lestara was already showcased the Etwahl before adopting Sona. She could've just bought it there and be done with it, it wasn't in Sona's possession or anything, as it had already been sold numerous times before. > Doesn't it seem weird that the Ionians who were caring for Sona didn't even know what the instrument was, but this wealthy woman in Demacia knew exactly what it was from a description? And why was she looking all across Runeterra for it? > > It's clear that Sona is not from Ionia. It is indeed strange, but it is no evidence that Sona is not from Ionia, nor is it evidence that she is from Demacia either. The only thing this is evidence of, is that Lestara has had prior knowledge of this instrument, and seeks it for some reason. On an unrelated note, isn't Sona's lore heavily outdated anyway? > > How can you discriminate against someone who looks like how you want them to look? I mean, sure, they could want her to look like someone they could discriminate against, like what happened with Tristana, but I don't think the average Demacian is actively looking to discriminate against someone. If they aren't, why are you so convinced that they are xenophobic then? > > ....But he's a gun priest. When he is helping people fight off the Shadow Isles, he asks that they pray... He doesn't. I'm assuming it's his short story, Hunter of Shadows, that you are referring to. He doesn't tell the girl to "pray" to some sort of higher power in the hopes that it will save her, he tells her to "pray for dawn", as in hope that you are lucky enough to survive until morning. > > Well not directly, no. A missionary's only goal isn't to convert people, it's to help them, and by helping them you show them your ways work. Why do you think churches have charities? To convert the people they help? It is neither stated that Lucian was sent on a religious mission, nor that he was tasked with converting people. > > So there is nothing to infer about Lucian going on a mission to bring light to Runeterra, and him being a Demacia... Who's active religion is the Lightbringers? > > ...No correlation there? Just a coincidence? "the Lightbringers" is not the state religion of Demacia. Literally the only thing that we know about them is that they have a temple in Demacia. That's it. Also, I feel like I need to emphasize this, but Lucian was still not tasked to "bring light to Runeterra". He was tasked with "bringing light to the darkness", and "ridding Runeterra of evil". Besides, Lucian's ties to Demacia are minimal at best. He never refers to it in his voicelines, he hasn't returned to it (as far as we know) ever since he lost Senna, nothing. > > No, we do. In Sylas's and Lux's new lore, the Illuminators run the Lightbringer temple. The mageseekers are the police order of the Illuminators, just as the Radiant Ones are the warrior order of the Illuminators. The Illuminators and the Lightbringer temple are not stated to be related, neither in Sylas' nor Lux's lore. The Illuminators and the Mageseekrs are not stated to be related, neither in Sylas' nor Lux's lore. The only thing that is true here is that the Radiant Ones are the warrior order of the Illuminators. The rest are assumptions (oh boy, more of those). > > Doesn't it? No? If I was tasked by a general to go get some milk, that doesn't make my task military related. I'm just getting some milk. Awful analogy, I am aware, but the point stands. Being ordered to do something by a religious authority doesn't make the task you've been ordered to do religious in of itself. > > Yes I did, and I made a mistake. I am sorry. We all make mistakes. I would forgive the mistake if it was because you read something wrong. But it wasn't, it wasn't written anywhere at all, it was a claim that you made in order to support this "Demacia are a bunch of xenophobic warmongering colonialists". > > Right, sorry, I misread. It was Noxus who wanted a political takeover of the Freljords, and Demacia made a note of not interfering, so they could openly go to war with the Noxus occupied Freljord and take the Iceborn magical artifacts for themselves. > > Like when the American government allowed Cuba to ally with Russia, so they could invade Cuba and take it as an American territory. What? No. This is still feeding into this "Demacia wants magical artifacts" that you keep talking about, even though it's never been stated anywhere. Demacia didn't want to get involved because, like I've been trying to say, they are isolationistic. The Freljordians and their problems are not the responsibilities of Demacia, and thus, they didn't want to concern themselves with them. In fact, they were heavily protective of their territory and actively turned away refugees because Demacia didn't want the Freljordians to become *their* problem. > > Why would they steal hextechnolgy when they can just buy it? Demacia isn't stated to be buying any Hextech though. > > No, I'm just saying that Shurima is a hot bed for magical artifacts, I can't assume there is no Demacian influence at all in Shurima. ***Demacia is not looking for magical artifacts.*** > > Like I said, it's weird, and like I said with Shurima, we can not rule out Demacia influence over Targon. Yes we can? Because Demacia is not stated to be looking for magical artifacts, so of course we can rule out Demacian influence over Targon. > I mean, they do worship the same light. Although, I imagine it is like Catholicism and Christianity, so their relationship would be strained, but the ultimate goal is the same. They don't? I still have no clue what this "Light" you're speaking of is, nor where it was ever stated. > > Are you 100% positive on this? I am 100% positive that Demacia can still magic without stealing magical artifacts. I am 100% positive that they don't have to venture outside of their own borders in order to steal the magic. I am not, however, 100% positive that it is something Petricite does on it's own, and it isn't something that Demacia controls. It might very well be. > > ...No, they definitely are. The Lightbringer temple is full of mages. No? Again, *literally* the only thing we know about the Lightbringer temple is the simple fact that it exists. We have nothing else on them. > > ...Then where did he get them. Because pistols that shoot light magic is the exact thing I would expect from the Lightbringers. I cannot tell, as it has never been concretely stated *who* did. It's kind of the point to keep who tasked him with his mission a secret. > > It doesn't mean they don't. Making a claim based on that which is already written is far more credible than making a claim based on that which isn't. > > But they have policies in place that allows hextech into their city. They are still not stated to buy it, nor do they have any reason to. > > The Lightbringers are filled with mages. Refer to above. > > But in Sylas's lore we see that the public knows Demacian nobles use mages... So long as it is in service to Demacia. No we don't. We see that Sylas can sense that some amongst the nobility possess magic, but it is not stated that the general populace is aware of this. > > But they do not know who Poppy is. In the comic, no one even took a second glance at Poppy, and the legendary hammer she was holding, outside of a couple of children. > > And when a town held a celebration in Poppy's honor, no one even noticed she'd shown up. She just walked through the crowed of people, who were crammed shoulder to shoulder in the town, and no one noticed Poppy. In fact, they didn't even know who the great monster slayer was, they just hoped he would show up. And again, the only people to notice Poppy was children. > > She is a mystery to Demacia, and even herself. That is the entire point of her character. Okay, that is pretty hard to argue against, I concede on people knowing about Poppy's existence. Although, Orlon's friendly treatment of Poppy (despite her being a Yordle), combined with Shyvana's, Sona's, and Xin's integration into Demacian society, as well as you yourself admitting that Demacians probably don't want to discriminate intentionally, I'd still wager that Demacia isn't xenophobic.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KYpeTv5V,comment-id=000600000000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-11T19:37:42.585+0000) > > So what? What are you trying to say with it? ...No, you were the one saying Poppy has spent her whole life in Demacia, which has been thousands of years, so they must no she exists. I'm saying no. > Nothing in it states that the capital somehow "operates much differently". Sylas literally says the village people are unlike anyone he has ever met in Demacia proper. They do not cower at the mageseekers, they do not fall in line, and they are willing to defend themselves, even their unlawful use of magic. > On an unrelated note, isn't Sona's lore heavily outdated anyway? Yes, but it seems like lore that Riot would only add to, not retcon. The only thing going against it is that it is simple. There is no conflicting lore, no oddities, everything about it still makes sense with the modern lore. > If they aren't, why are you so convinced that they are xenophobic then? Because they are. They would spit at anything Noxian, even someone like Riven, and the citizens of the capital see magic as a sickness that should be purged. > It is neither stated that Lucian was sent on a religious mission, nor that he was tasked with converting people. Well, except for all of the people using black magic... He converts them into dust. > "the Lightbringers" is not the state religion of Demacia. > > The only thing that is true here is that the Radiant Ones are the warrior order of the Illuminators. > > The rest are assumptions (oh boy, more of those). You haven't been keeping up with the lore have you? >The Lightbringer temple was warm and dry, and with Starfire settled in the stables, she’d spoken at length with Mistress Pernille in the main hall. Rumors of dark magic in the forests and crags around Fossbarrow had reached the Lightbringers in the capital of Demacia, and Radiant Kahina had sent Lux to investigate. It clearly says that the Radiant Ones work at Lightbringer temples, meaning Illuminators work at Lightbringer temples, meaning Lightbringers is the name of their churches. > Yes we can? Okay, so we can say for absolute certainty that there are no Demacians in Targon... besides all of the traitors. > They don't? > > I still have no clue what this "Light" you're speaking of is, nor where it was ever stated. Uh.. The fact that every title of their religion has something to do with light. The fact that sun worshiping is largest religion in all of Runeterra, from the Solari in Targon and the sun worshipers of Shurima, to the Lightbringers of Demacia, they all worship the same light, just in different ways. > I am 100% positive that Demacia can still magic without stealing magical artifacts. So you are 100% positive that Lucian's pistols are not magical artifacts he got from the Lightbringers? > I am 100% positive that they don't have to venture outside of their own borders in order to steal the magic. So you believe there is no way you could be wrong? You are 100% positive that no Demacian has ever confiscated magical artifacts? > Making a claim based on that which is already written is far more credible than making a claim based on that which isn't. And what is already written? > Refer to above. Refer to above. > No we don't. > > We see that Sylas can sense that some amongst the nobility possess magic, but it is not stated that the general populace is aware of this. Well they know Sylas can use his magic >“So the runt can invoke magic without censure, but not us?” asked the man who had shouted earlier. > >The boy shrank at the accusation. > >“He works in service to Demacia,” Marsino said, before turning to the boy. “It’s fine, go ahead.” So long as it is in service of Demacia. > Although, Orlon's friendly treatment of Poppy (despite her being a Yordle), combined with Shyvana's, Sona's, and Xin's integration into Demacian society, as well as you yourself admitting that Demacians probably don't want to discriminate intentionally, I'd still wager that Demacia isn't xenophobic. So if a Vastyan or Noxian, were to say, move to the Demacian capital, the masses wouldn't be upset?
: A question for riot about Sylas
Well Sylas can only see natural magic, he can't see dragon magic. _"That creature is not of **this **world."_ - {{champion:427}}
: > [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KYpeTv5V,comment-id=000600000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-10T22:59:35.112+0000) > > Or he could not make a big deal about it and not expose Poppy's secret. He sounds like the kind of person who would respect Poppy. Doesn't he? Poppy isn't keeping it a secret, and it wouldn't be disrespectful to her. It's not like Poppy is ashamed of being a Yordle, she openly refers to herself as "just a Yordle with a hammer". > > Well she was given a quest by Orlon to find the hero of Demacia, and she is a timeless being, her spending a week in the woods could be decades to a human. I don't think that is how time works. Time might be different in Bandle City, yes, but it's not like she can just warp time itself around her to last longer than it does in the rest of Runeterra. ***She*** is the timeless being. She doesn't make *other* things timeless. > > But small towns do not operate how the capital operates. Just look at Sylas, there was a village in norther Demacia that was willing to sacrifice everything they had to protect the young mage who had grown their crops, even during a bitterly cold season left them without food. > > The capital operates much differently than a small town. You've still yet to show examples of how the capital supposedly "operates much differently". Shyvana is not facing any discrimination beyond not being allowed to turn into a dragon. > > I don't know what you think a body guard does, but they do not leave the person they are protecting. Exactly, which is why she has to "escape" from her duties in order to be able to spread her wings. > Besides, the way Shyvana describes it, she would rather spend her free time flying around the wilderness than spend time socializing with Demacian commoners. Not socializing with other citizens doesn't make you any less of a citizen yourself. > > It's other, making it xenophobic. "Other" what? Dragons are magical creatures. > > Yeah, that was a weird thing from the old lore. The black rose actually kidnapped Jarven IV and LeBlanc went back in his place... while also remaining the leader of the black rose. Okay? How is that relevant to the topic at hand? > > Besides Sona, who is a Demacian that was dropped of in Ionia who was then picked back up by a Demacian, Sona is not a Demacian that was "dropped off" in Ionia, what are you talking about? > everyone else is discriminated against. Sure, not by Jarven, but the commoners still don't trust them. Although... come to think of it, there hasn't been a yordle exposed in Demacia yet... The Pilti and Noxians sure wanted to catch them though. What, you mean Shyvana that was a complete stranger to the capital, yet became part of the royal guard immediately? Is it odd that people are wary of that? Or Xin, who is this mysterious, silent, and constantly on guard? Is it odd that people are wary of that? Or Poppy, who is not being discriminated against at all? None of them are being discriminated against, at least not based on the place that she came from, *because no one even knows where they came from.* > > **Missionary**: _A person sent on a religious mission._ > No, yeah Lucian is a missionary. There is nothing suggesting that Lucian was sent on a religious mission. > > Well "converting" here is more metaphorical.... Although I guess if his mission was to spread "the light" he did that literally, with a gun. Yes, he spread "the light" with his gun, and he used this gun to shoot monsters and others taken by corruption. > > It went horribly when Thresh showed up and killed his wife, that's what I was implying. Thresh showing up was not part of the conversion that Lucian and Senna were supposedly going around doing. > > Do you really need me to post his entire biography? No, and I never said you should. I just said that Lucian and Senna didn't go around converting "natives" to their religion. > > You know Wikipedia exists. > You are right, the religion is never named. The religion is never named because *there was no religion involved in his quest.* In fact, there was no religion at all because no source of lore mentions this "the Light". > However, we know that he was ordered to bring light to the darkness of Runeterra. And judging by how he is hunting undead and other creatures of darkness, and his gun shoots light, it is probably this it is referring to. Also, "the light" in this case is spelled with a lowercase "l", not this uppercase "Light" that is seemingly a religion. > > We know he is from Demacia. We know the Illuminators have a temple called the Temple of the Lightbringers. We don't concretely, you just assume that the two things are connected, even though it is not stated anywhere. > > I think it would be safe to assume that this is the Demacian religious order that tasked Lucian with his mission. Fine, let's say it is, it's still not said that his mission was to "convert" the "natives" to "the Light". Besides, being tasked by a religious order doesn't make the mission itself a religious one. Lux using her magic to serve Demacia beyond it's borders has nothing to do with religion. > > I never said he would gun you down if you didn't convert. I'm not saying the goal of him traveling Runeterra was converting people to his religion. I'm just saying that he is a missionary of a church. No, you clearly said: > Lucian and his Sentinels were going around the entire world, converting the natives to the Light... which went badly. "The Light" is this religion you keep speaking of. So no, according to you, he did go around and convert "natives" to his religion. > > By that logic then Demacia is not an isolationist country. The point of being isolationistic is not that you *literally* can't have *anything* to do with another nation, that would be nigh impossible. The point is that you refrain from doing so whenever possible. Demacia still keeps to itself, it doesn't expand, it doesn't go to war, the farthest they go from their own territory is to spy on Freljord and the contested area between them and Noxus, *the immediate surrounding area in their proximity*, not to expand, but to defend themselves and prepare for potential invasions. This is pretty isolationistic. > > I think we can assume there is a little more than an old gate and a single town between Demacia's territory and Noxus'. The official map of Runeterra is the most up to date source of information regarding locations in the world. And the only things between eastern Demacia and Noxus is Old Bargate and Nockmirch. https://map.leagueoflegends.com/ > > Well yeah, they have nothing Demacia wants. Demacian leaders aren't idiots. They know not to spread themselves as this as Noxus has. They know to only send soldiers to places that matter, places with magic, like Piltover, Targon, Shurima, and the Freljords. Of the four places you mentioned, the only one that Demacia is actually sending soldiers to is Freljord, and by "soldiers" it's just Quinn. > Demacia has a long history with the Freljords, one time even trying to diplomatically take over the country... it failed. They didn't? > Demacia is an ally and in open trade with Piltover, although them bringing in Hextechnology does require an okay from a Demacian official. Trading with a nation is not the same as sending soldiers to it in order to steal their magical artifacts. > Shurima is currently unknown, ... *How* can you claim that Demacia is sending soldiers to Shurima, *but then* you say that "Shurima is currently unknown"? Why do you even mention Shurima when you yourself are admitting that there is nothing supporting it? Or are you still trying to link Ezreal's escapades to Demacia? > but Targon seems to have a weird open relationship with Demacia, as Demacians have a tradition of dropping off people guilty of treason to attempt "the Crown of Thorns" by either trying to climb the mountain and reclaim their honor, or just scaling along the mountain and living among the Targonians or Shurimans. Dropping off people guilty of treason is not the same as sending soldiers to it in order to steal their magical artifacts. > > ...but you just said _"As revealed by Sylas' release, Demacia already has everything they could ever want by stealing magic across the world and pouring it into their own nation."_ Stealing magic and pouring it into your soil is not the same as having a monopoly on magical artifacts. > > I don't think going into another country and stealing their magic is all that "isolationist" to me. > > I mean, America does it with natural resources... and we just topple local government and establish puppet governments... Poor Venezuela They don't venture outside of their borders in order to do so. Besides, it's nothing something they do in purpose, it's how Petricite functions on it's own. > > Then why are they going from town to town forcing mages into their army? They aren't? > Where did they get the magic pistols they gave to Lucian? It is never stated that Lucian were given the pistols from someone in Demacia. > Why did they make Galio? Because they are distrustful of magic and Galio is the perfect giant sponge for invading mages. > Why does the fabled "hero of Demacia" have a magic hammer? The "Hero of Demacia" having a magical hammer doesn't mean that Demacia automatically has a monopoly on magical artifacts. > Why do they allow hextechnolgy into the city? I don't actually think it is stated anywhere that they do. > Why are the most trusted people in Demacia secretly mages? They aren't? > Why don't Demacians arrest the mages who have political power and money? If it got out to the "Demacian masses" that a noble had magical abilities, there would probably be some unrest. Ran out of space.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KYpeTv5V,comment-id=0006000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-11T07:59:53.007+0000) > > I don't think that is how time works. > > ***She*** is the timeless being. She doesn't make *other* things timeless. I never said she does. >For a yordle, time is a curious thing whose passing is seldom felt. I'm saying that yordles perceive time differently than a human. What is a long time to a human might just seem like no time at all to a yordle. > You've still yet to show examples of how the capital supposedly "operates much differently". > > Shyvana is not facing any discrimination beyond not being allowed to turn into a dragon. Have you read Sylas's lore? >The hillfolk were unlike anyone the boy had seen in the Great City. People in rural Demacia act much differently than people in Demacia proper. There are mages everywhere in Demacia, and outside of the city, they are praised for their abilities. It's even possible that the town Shyvana and Jarven stayed at embraced mages, just as the hillfolk did in northern Demacia. > Exactly, which is why she has to "escape" from her duties in order to be able to spread her wings. There are no examples of people descriminating against Shyvana, outside of the masses not trusting her, because there are no examples of Shyvana interacting with citizens of Demacia proper. > "Other" what? "The Other." Anything that is foreign or strange. > Sona is not a Demacian that was "dropped off" in Ionia, what are you talking about? Well, this might just be another one of my crazy theories, but Sona wasn't adopted because she was a good musician. She was adopted the moment Lestara heard the etwahl was in the possession of an orphan girl in Ionia. Doesn't it seem weird that the Ionians who were caring for Sona didn't even know what the instrument was, but this wealthy woman in Demacia knew exactly what it was from a description? And why was she looking all across Runeterra for it? It's clear that Sona is not from Ionia. > Or Poppy, who is not being discriminated against at all? How can you discriminate against someone who looks like how you want them to look? I mean, sure, they could want her to look like someone they could discriminate against, like what happened with Tristana, but I don't think the average Demacian is actively looking to discriminate against someone. > There is nothing suggesting that Lucian was sent on a religious mission. ....But he's a gun priest. When he is helping people fight off the Shadow Isles, he asks that they pray... > I just said that Lucian and Senna didn't go around converting "natives" to their religion. Well not directly, no. A missionary's only goal isn't to convert people, it's to help them, and by helping them you show them your ways work. Why do you think churches have charities? To convert the people they help? > The religion is never named because *there was no religion involved in his quest.* > > In fact, there was no religion at all because no source of lore mentions this "the Light". So there is nothing to infer about Lucian going on a mission to bring light to Runeterra, and him being a Demacia... Who's active religion is the Lightbringers? ...No correlation there? Just a coincidence? > We don't concretely, you just assume that the two things are connected, even though it is not stated anywhere. No, we do. In Sylas's and Lux's new lore, the Illuminators run the Lightbringer temple. The mageseekers are the police order of the Illuminators, just as the Radiant Ones are the warrior order of the Illuminators. > Besides, being tasked by a religious order doesn't make the mission itself a religious one. Lux using her magic to serve Demacia beyond it's borders has nothing to do with religion. Doesn't it? > No, you clearly said: > > "The Light" is this religion you keep speaking of. > > So no, according to you, he did go around and convert "natives" to his religion. Yes I did, and I made a mistake. I am sorry. We all make mistakes. > They didn't? Right, sorry, I misread. It was Noxus who wanted a political takeover of the Freljords, and Demacia made a note of not interfering, so they could openly go to war with the Noxus occupied Freljord and take the Iceborn magical artifacts for themselves. Like when the American government allowed Cuba to ally with Russia, so they could invade Cuba and take it as an American territory. > Trading with a nation is not the same as sending soldiers to it in order to steal their magical artifacts. Why would they steal hextechnolgy when they can just buy it? > *How* can you claim that Demacia is sending soldiers to Shurima, *but then* you say that "Shurima is currently unknown"? > > Why do you even mention Shurima when you yourself are admitting that there is nothing supporting it? No, I'm just saying that Shurima is a hot bed for magical artifacts, I can't assume there is no Demacian influence at all in Shurima. > Dropping off people guilty of treason is not the same as sending soldiers to it in order to steal their magical artifacts. Like I said, it's weird, and like I said with Shurima, we can not rule out Demacia influence over Targon. I mean, they do worship the same light. Although, I imagine it is like Catholicism and Christianity, so their relationship would be strained, but the ultimate goal is the same. > Stealing magic and pouring it into your soil is not the same as having a monopoly on magical artifacts. > > They don't venture outside of their borders in order to do so. > > Besides, it's nothing something they do in purpose, it's how Petricite functions on it's own. Are you 100% positive on this? > They aren't? ...No, they definitely are. The Lightbringer temple is full of mages. > It is never stated that Lucian were given the pistols from someone in Demacia. ...Then where did he get them. Because pistols that shoot light magic is the exact thing I would expect from the Lightbringers. > The "Hero of Demacia" having a magical hammer doesn't mean that Demacia automatically has a monopoly on magical artifacts. It doesn't mean they don't. > I don't actually think it is stated anywhere that they do. But they have policies in place that allows hextech into their city. > They aren't? The Lightbringers are filled with mages. > If it got out to the "Demacian masses" that a noble had magical abilities, there would probably be some unrest. But in Sylas's lore we see that the public knows Demacian nobles use mages... So long as it is in service to Demacia. >They do? > >I'm pretty sure that the tale of a little girl showing up from time to time to throw toy hammers into the hands of soldiers only for them to die afterwards would get pretty widespread eventually. But they do not know who Poppy is. In the comic, no one even took a second glance at Poppy, and the legendary hammer she was holding, outside of a couple of children. And when a town held a celebration in Poppy's honor, no one even noticed she'd shown up. She just walked through the crowed of people, who were crammed shoulder to shoulder in the town, and no one noticed Poppy. In fact, they didn't even know who the great monster slayer was, they just hoped he would show up. And again, the only people to notice Poppy was children. >"Look, Da. It's the slayer! The one from the statue!" declared the wide-eyed girl. > >Poppy saw the girl was pointing in her direction. She whirled around to see if the slayer was standing behind her. But no one was there. > >"No, lass" said the girl's father. "That one's no monster slayer. Too small by half." > >The girl and her father quickly lost interest and strolled through the village to partake in the various amusements. She is a mystery to Demacia, and even herself. That is the entire point of her character.
Show more

SSmotzer

Level 135 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion