Rioter Comments
: As someone who's been chat restricted, i ACTUALLY don't mind losing
I got restricted because I called a Zed who kept Alt+6'ing a Mastery spamming %%%got. Since we can only mute pings and voices, but not that shit.
Quepha (NA)
: "We want to tell more stories and the old Trundle's story was finished"
Freljord only recognizes one name as its Queen and it is Stark. Wait, wrong franchise.
Rioter Comments
: Why are champions like Zed immediately buffed the moment they fall out of favor?
: Solari Diana
Wrath of the Solari Queen When
: Remember kids, the greatest counter to any enemy
I saw that gif as Teemo hugging his Mastery 5 badge as he dies for the team to push the Nexus
: the only 3 keystones you will be useing this patch Thunderlords-for offense Bonde of stone-for tanky supports Strength of the ages-for tanky laners/junglers
> [{quoted}](name=PhanatosG2,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gTQ91AP8,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-12-14T23:18:01.926+0000) > > the only 3 keystones you will be useing this patch > > Thunderlords-for offense > Bonde of stone-for tanky supports > Strength of the ages-for tanky laners/junglers More like Grasp of the Undying vs Strength of the Ages.
: What is the hot keystone for ADC right now?
Thunderlord's Decree is the new hotness. If you watch stuff like Doublelift's stream all five of his team are running it.
: Fire needs to win for this skin
> [{quoted}](name=Robertsmash,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TAkLqMQg,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2015-12-12T19:39:20.194+0000) > > Fire needs to win for this skin They just did.
Count Zubat (EUNE)
: It's nice that they added that option, but at the same time, I'm wondering: why not flat out give Morde an option to cast it alone (of course, give also an option to cast on minions, so he can use it as optional escape tool like prerework)? What is so scary in having Morde get the DoT part? Too high damage in 1v1 scenarios? Come on, he has no CC nor mobility, he can't stick to his enemies without Rylai, and later in the game his damage falls off anyway. Too fast jungle clear? If that would become a problem, it is very easy to fix - make it deal reduced damage to jungle monsters if he casts it alone (full damage when being with ally, so it doesn't nerf his team fighting potential for objectives like dragon). Riot, what's so taboo about giving Morde his W?
> [{quoted}](name=Lord of Iwul,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O87OpENj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-12-12T15:27:52.212+0000) > > It's nice that they added that option, but at the same time, I'm wondering: why not flat out give Morde an option to cast it alone (of course, give also an option to cast on minions, so he can use it as optional escape tool like prerework)? What is so scary in having Morde get the DoT part? Too high damage in 1v1 scenarios? Come on, he has no CC nor mobility, he can't stick to his enemies without Rylai, and later in the game his damage falls off anyway. Too fast jungle clear? If that would become a problem, it is very easy to fix - make it deal reduced damage to jungle monsters if he casts it alone (full damage when being with ally, so it doesn't nerf his team fighting potential for objectives like dragon). Riot, what's so taboo about giving Morde his W? They want to try and force him into the gimmicky Pretend ADC role, because that totally worked out after the Marksman Update for the better. As well as basically gutting AP Mordekaiser.
: Yo, I read this out loud and gave my self goosebumps. Good stuff +1
> [{quoted}](name=StiffPickle,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TAkLqMQg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-12-11T23:31:08.940+0000) > > Yo, I read this out loud and gave my self goosebumps. Good stuff +1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck Basically a League version of this.
Rioter Comments
: I know what they're referring to, I just find it silly how the boards doesn't think she's a high tier champion right now she's extremely good in meta atm
> [{quoted}](name=Angry Bards,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=b3Qk1Epg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-12-10T18:00:49.503+0000) > > I know what they're referring to, I just find it silly how the boards doesn't think she's a high tier champion right now > > she's extremely good in meta atm Except she's really not. For as much as I actually like Sejuani as a champion, she's in a very poor state of affairs right now. > [{quoted}](name=Ace of Eden,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=b3Qk1Epg,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2015-12-10T18:04:15.204+0000) > > I love Sejuani, she's my favorite tank. She's probably good because her passive gives her 20 extra armor (at lv18) which is good against these all AD comps. > > If anything, they should've said Eve'd. Evelynn has been through far worse than Sejuani. 20 armor is literally nothing against {{champion:33}} {{champion:54}} levels of anti-AD.
Knalxz (NA)
: Why are people saying Sejuani is weak?
> [{quoted}](name=Knalxz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nKTenEmh,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-12-11T01:25:34.052+0000) > > I love playing Sej for many reasons and I don't feel she's weak at all right now. If anything he's really powerful. So far all of my games with her have been me caring and the enemy left in confusion of what's even going on. I've actually thought of not playing her since because I'd be breaking my rule of playing extremely powerful champions. > > Personally I think the people complained about her weakest are those who jumped on that bandwagon a few months ago. After Riot took out DGF and changed her kit so it'd be harder to play Mid Sej I was pretty hurt by it but still loved the champion. I hated people only using her for the pick of the month deal and was glad when it calmed down. > > As of right now I believe Jungle Cinderhulk or Hypertank Top Sej to be the most powerful Tank in the game. With powerful CC at a seconds notice, BEEF, and not too shabby mobility, she deserves the title without being a crazy stomping monster. > > Great against an AD team with mild CC and only gotten better since that's the description of many adcs and they've been getting played all over the place. She's not even within the realm of being strong right now. They nerfed her a little too harshly but whatever.
Rìcco (EUW)
: How I imagine most Morde mains reacted to their champion being so hilariously bad
Pretty much on point. I'd fallen out of playing Morde for a long time after loving him since release and even after Guinsoo's initial butchering of him. But then I realized how horrible CertainlyT really is.
: > [{quoted}](name=Salt Miner 49 Er,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=sdp49Ers,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2015-12-08T01:08:07.851+0000) > > Or maybe it's because it's better if Ahri didn't look like a trollop over what she actually is? Or maybe it's because Ahri is one of the highest selling champions keep your eyes closed though
> [{quoted}](name=Dryad Soraka,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=sdp49Ers,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2015-12-08T01:39:40.941+0000) > > Or maybe it's because Ahri is one of the highest selling champions > > keep your eyes closed though She's one of the highest selling champions because of the concept of a fox woman being popular. That and the implied intercourse (Which in fact proven false in her latest story) due to the links to her being a Kumiho who, depending on the lore that they're from can either kill men via intercourse like a traditional Succubus or eat their hearts/livers. It's the same basic principle why Lissandra has fans because she's essentially an embodiment of the Nordic Fimbulvetr/Japanese Yuki-Onna.
: Now when it comes to Ahri, Riot is always really fast to appease customers and change it for them... (splash art, now this) but rarely any other champion............... Why is this? (because Ahri makes loads of money!)
> [{quoted}](name=Dryad Soraka,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=sdp49Ers,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-12-08T00:56:42.429+0000) > > Now when it comes to Ahri, Riot is always really fast to appease customers and change it for them... (splash art, now this) but rarely any other champion............... > > Why is this? (because Ahri makes loads of money!) Or maybe it's because it's better if Ahri didn't look like a trollop over what she actually is?
: Because they played stupidly vs her, all you have to do is respect her ulti once that's down she's easy to beat. Passive drop nearby tentacles to 1 hp before doing anything Q dodge... w focus on avoiding tentacles e- think of a blitz/thresh hook if you let yourself be grabbed you need practice.... R- respect and just back off until it's over and she's dreadfully weak But nope people just want to meltface combos at her and all-in constantly letting her get free q's off and stand in her ulti like standing in karthus' passive while he's landing all qs on you. Losing to her is more of a joke at this point.
> [{quoted}](name=EcchiOtakuTM,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YelAmxRb,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-12-07T05:56:21.349+0000) > > Because they played stupidly vs her, all you have to do is respect her ulti once that's down she's easy to beat. > > Passive drop nearby tentacles to 1 hp before doing anything > > Q dodge... > > w focus on avoiding tentacles > > e- think of a blitz/thresh hook if you let yourself be grabbed you need practice.... > > R- respect and just back off until it's over and she's dreadfully weak > > But nope people just want to meltface combos at her and all-in constantly letting her get free q's off and stand in her ulti like standing in karthus' passive while he's landing all qs on you. > > Losing to her is more of a joke at this point. Pretty much. With her E proc'd on you for the tentacle spawning if you keep moving to the side they'll never hit you. But people want to give her free grabs from E and then bitch when they stand still and they smacked.
: If it was a simple 65% or something like that I would say give it time but 77% is basically like a free win. And the more time goes on the more I am seeing Illaoi flat out win lane by a land slide.
> [{quoted}](name=Irelia Bot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YelAmxRb,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-12-07T04:15:04.878+0000) > > If it was a simple 65% or something like that I would say give it time but 77% is basically like a free win. > > And the more time goes on the more I am seeing Illaoi flat out win lane by a land slide. Except I've never lost a lane to Illaoi because she's hilariously easy to beat in lane.
: Once past the learnign curve Illaoi is actaully way to strong.
> [{quoted}](name=Irelia Bot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YelAmxRb,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-12-07T04:11:04.628+0000) > > 77.35% win rate for the current 15 to 50 games played window. > > http://champion.gg/champion/Illaoi > > It will likely be along those lines when she has been out long enough to actually have people with 100+ games on her. > > And for reference > Irelia is at a 56.48% for 125+ games > Diana is 55.62 is 125+ games > Leblanc (who many say is among the harder champs to play to her full potential) is 55.24% at 125+ games > > none of them are above a 51% at 15 to 50 games played range. > > You can say she is weak but in reality she is proving to have far too much power once someone gets past the learning curve. > > This might fall a little but likely will stay well above 65% in her current state. Except she won't because she's literally based all around getting the tentacles and forcing you to fight her where she wants you too. She's like a less effective Gangplank.
: Any Virginia players?
Dale City, VA reporting in
Yma S (NA)
: Why Yasuo is cancer
> [{quoted}](name=Yma S,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NxBhPxeJ,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-12-03T02:19:53.558+0000) > > Yasuo is an obnoxious character who dashes around for no cost at a low cooldown and charges up free defenses for doing so > > The average bruiser top lane shits on him, no one denies this even in the lowest elo. He frustrates mages mid, especially immobile mages because of his "unique gaem dsogen mobility" > > The whole frilly set of movements gives off the flashy LC$bigplays illusion of "high skill cap" character. But in reality it takes zero skill to do so. Wind wall is instant and can be instantly panic mashed to "clutch mlg big plays" cockblock skillshot based abilities that take a disproportionate amount of skill to properly land and aim vs the amount of skill it takes for yasuo to "counterplay" it with his windwall. > > This entire concept of being a little bitch and wasting enemy abilities missing you on your high movement low cool down dashes is reminiscent of old Phantom Lancer in dota. Phantom Lancer's unque trait was that he would make illusions of himself that would fool enemies into wasting entire ults onto him, thinking that it would be him. His actual right click carry damage was kind of below average, though it did mana burn. In this way he would carry by making the enemy waste resources. Normally I think this is good game design, a conceptually creative way of carrying but that is a game with BKB, forcestaff, and tons of immunity abilities and items to shit on carries. > > Yasuo is a nonstop mobile character in a fighting game where mobility defines everything. > > Though I will admit Asymmetrical lane matchups shouldn't especially be a basis on actual balance changes, as well as going yasuo mid always means an AP jungle or top, otherwise your team comp has no magic damage and the enemy team stacks armor and facerolls you. Thus we can conclude that the majority of GD whining about Yasuo is from solo Q where there is zero coordination. > > The reason why mages mid complain about Yasuo and not Zed and Talon? Zed and Talon run on resources and don't get free defenses. Their mobility is also on a much higher cooldown and actually costs a certain amount of resources, in which zed's case, makes it easy to telegraph when they will use it. > > Yasuo takes too little skill to "mlgoutplay" most mid lane matchups > > "I move and get free defenses" isn't gameplay Riot, not when there is a giant area for him to walk around in lane, and unlike in dota where mid lane has highground and harder fog mechanics that make lane harassment an actual timed decision. I'll never forget or forgive the days of 4.2 being even more cancerous than Wind Weeaboo. But I still hate the latter more.
: I haven't tried void staff on him and I choose rageblade here and there. I'll definitely try this build later today. I do blotrk first, it's just my preference. To me void staff is situational. Wit's end should be sufficient at reducing mr if they're not actively building it. Maybe nashor's tooth in the case where they are not? They'd give the same ap with nashors also reducing cdr (when w is down good thing), 50% as and some more bonus on hit damage that'd scale with rageblade.
> [{quoted}](name=Aries Burst,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fYpJBJxK,comment-id=0000000000020000,timestamp=2015-12-02T16:30:50.117+0000) > > I haven't tried void staff on him and I choose rageblade here and there. I'll definitely try this build later today. I do blotrk first, it's just my preference. To me void staff is situational. Wit's end should be sufficient at reducing mr if they're not actively building it. Maybe nashor's tooth in the case where they are not? They'd give the same ap with nashors also reducing cdr (when w is down good thing), 50% as and some more bonus on hit damage that'd scale with rageblade. The reason why you go Void Staff on him is that just like with Corki, a vast majority of Kog'Maw's damage is magic. You could go full ham and get nothing but attack speed and {{item:3020}} {{item:3135}} to do considerable damage. That's the thing about Kog'Maw is that Riot keeps saying Corki is the magic damage bot-lane carry but he only has 2.0 AP ratios if you consider the full damage from Valkyrie since he gets 55% of his total AD as magic damage on autos. Whereas Kog'Maw with the changes to his W no longer being based on AD as well as AP gets 1.7 AP + .75% every 100 AP for every hit of W in magic damage.
: This might be a buff for me? I can't say that I reach 160 ad, I personally prefer the on-hit/as items. So reaching that point without having the ad to begin with seems like a good thing, right?
> [{quoted}](name=Aries Burst,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fYpJBJxK,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-12-02T16:04:14.143+0000) > > This might be a buff for me? I can't say that I reach 160 ad, I personally prefer the on-hit/as items. So reaching that point without having the ad to begin with seems like a good thing, right? You'd reach 160 AD with just {{item:3124}} and {{item:3153}} is one of the better items on Kog even after Riot shafted it. Not as a rush because it's a late-game item imho, but it's still one of the better items on him. Currently the core Kog build is something like {{item:3124}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3085}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3091}} {{item:3006}} or some such. He's like the original remade Kayle in that Riot expects you to stack on-hit effects because of the -45% damage debuff you have on your W for anything but last-hitting that affects your base damage but not the on hit.
Rebonack (NA)
: Is nerfing Koggy's W really required?
It makes sense as a placebo fix because it essentially nerfs Guinsoo's on him from Riot's viewpoint. The problem with that, however, is that now Kog'Maw has 1:4 ratios for AD/AP on a bot laner. I realize it was pretty much this way before but that doesn't really solve any of his kit's inherent problems. Kog will still buy Guinsoo's and other on-hit items, it's just he's going to have **even more diminishing returns** for anything that isn't on-hit.
: A bad design for a champion
That's called being a hard carry.
Rioter Comments
alasarcher (EUNE)
: You see , it all depends on ELO you play him in. In low Elo like Silver, Bronze and maybe even Gold, you dont need alot of skill to stomp with any champion. Most of the time low elo players have fear from Yasuo deeply embodied into them, so its easy to stomp them. What better way to beat someone, but to make him scared to do anything against u, cause he has fear from your champion. But if you play against someone who knows Yasuo thats where you need huge skill, to outplay them. No champion requires skill in low ELO to stomp with. But in higher level of plays they do.
> [{quoted}](name=alasarcher,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E0fQ2F1L,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-12-01T15:52:59.676+0000) > > You see , it all depends on ELO you play him in. In low Elo like Silver, Bronze and maybe even Gold, you dont need alot of skill to stomp with any champion. Most of the time low elo players have fear from Yasuo deeply embodied into them, so its easy to stomp them. What better way to beat someone, but to make him scared to do anything against u, cause he has fear from your champion. But if you play against someone who knows Yasuo thats where you need huge skill, to outplay them. No champion requires skill in low ELO to stomp with. But in higher level of plays they do. I'd still say that Gangplank and Illaoi are more skill-based than Yasuo is simply because they have an incredible dependency on mechanics that can either be countered by destroying them or them legitimately fucking up. Nothing is funnier than to see people call Plank overpowered when his Barrels got gutted to 30% armor penetration, down from 60%, and they refuse to destroy them in lane which lets me get off the 600 damage crits on them with a chain. Same could be said about Illaoi and her tentacles although to be fair, the duration on her E is **way too fucking long** if she makes you a vessel.
TehNACHO (NA)
: Well for a start, it has to do an entirely different job than giving Yasuo hyper accelerated mid game scaling (double crit chance) while also punching at his late game scaling (hit the crit cap, reducing crit damage). It gives Yasuo the power curve and thus the Burst Damage of an Assassin, something that doesn't make sense if we consider Yasuo a DPS champion (which is further reinforced by his reliance on Attack Speed and Armor Penetration, mind you). One example is that maybe Critical Strikes can give him a minor attack speed boost, as this reinforces his job as a DPS Champion while also providing him reason to invest in Crit Chance like he does now. We could replace the damage of the steroid entirely as well. Mind you that Yasuo is the most utility heavy Melee Carry of the Crit Based Melee Carries, why not keep playing on that by giving him a tool meant to aid him outside of raw damage? For example, Crit Chance plays into augmenting his Shield Passive, lengthening its duration or buffing its generation or raising how much it shields, for example (this also gives Yasuo only one true Passive). Probably my greatest criticism is that his current Passive is not something Yasuo _needs_ (well, maybe now he does, since they nerfed almost everything else in his kit without touching his Crit Chance passive). Yasuo does not _need_ a mid game damage spike, as that's the same reason why we criticized Vayne earlier in S5 (her Flat Damage and rushing an overtuned BotRK bumped her mid game higher than you'd expect of a hyper carry). He already has all sorts of tools unique to his kit that have nothing to do with raw damage, why don't we emphasize them more?
> [{quoted}](name=TehNACHO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sE8zT9bk,comment-id=0000000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2015-11-30T03:01:00.764+0000) > > Well for a start, it has to do an entirely different job than giving Yasuo hyper accelerated mid game scaling (double crit chance) while also punching at his late game scaling (hit the crit cap, reducing crit damage). It gives Yasuo the power curve and thus the Burst Damage of an Assassin, something that doesn't make sense if we consider Yasuo a DPS champion (which is further reinforced by his reliance on Attack Speed and Armor Penetration, mind you). One example is that maybe Critical Strikes can give him a minor attack speed boost, as this reinforces his job as a DPS Champion while also providing him reason to invest in Crit Chance like he does now. > > We could replace the damage of the steroid entirely as well. Mind you that Yasuo is the most utility heavy Melee Carry of the Crit Based Melee Carries, why not keep playing on that by giving him a tool meant to aid him outside of raw damage? For example, Crit Chance plays into augmenting his Shield Passive, lengthening its duration or buffing its generation or raising how much it shields, for example (this also gives Yasuo only one true Passive). > > Probably my greatest criticism is that his current Passive is not something Yasuo _needs_ (well, maybe now he does, since they nerfed almost everything else in his kit without touching his Crit Chance passive). Yasuo does not _need_ a mid game damage spike, as that's the same reason why we criticized Vayne earlier in S5 (her Flat Damage and rushing an overtuned BotRK bumped her mid game higher than you'd expect of a hyper carry). He already has all sorts of tools unique to his kit that have nothing to do with raw damage, why don't we emphasize them more? My biggest aggravation with fighting him is that his E is magical damage, so if you go into lane with Cloth Armor against him (Which is in fact a feasible start against another popular mid lane AD based Assassin/Fighter, Zed, even more so since he's Riven status of outdated and outclassed) he's still going to be hitting you for a lot of magic damage with his dash. That and Yasuo gets 2x crit chance for no reason other than to hit that annoying power curve of 3300 gold for 100% crit chance at 190% damage when he gets no real benefit from it outside of crit all day every day. Your changes actually seem interesting, however.
: Sion is a Khorne Berserker!
Well I mean... They did kind of perform some kind of blood ritual to revive him. **Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull Throne**
Avedecus (NA)
: Timing major cool downs is a cornerstone of basic high level play. If you're not already doing it, your opinion holds little value with regard to balance.
> [{quoted}](name=Avedecus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sE8zT9bk,comment-id=001300000000,timestamp=2015-11-30T01:58:00.307+0000) > > Timing major cool downs is a cornerstone of basic high level play. If you're not already doing it, your opinion holds little value with regard to balance. Because everybody who fights Yasuo is going to time out his cooldowns TO THE DOT every time. I already have a good idea of the window when I can actually hit him is, but it doesn't change the fact he prances around the lane like an annoying little weeaboo enabler.
: Its the same recurring theme in the yasuo hate threads. "Hes not fun to play against" do you think the annie in my one game last night that got about 30 kills was "Fun" to play against? Hell no. I could say any champ is "un-fun" to play against. Instead of me coming onto the forums and complaining about how un-fun and toxic and stupid her kit is, I instead take what I have experienced from playing against her and think of ways I can play better against her. I am a yasuo main, woopty doo. Regardless of what people who get stomped by yasuo say, he DOES have a high skill cap. Lots of these complaints are coming from people who simply dont know how to play against him. His win rate is about 50% for people who have played atleast over 100+ games as him. Hes not as simple to play as everyone makes it out to be. Using your E properly you have to take into account the amount of enemy minions there are and the position in the lane where the minions are ect...As for warlords bloodlust it was probably an oversight by riot, I mean they patched it anyways so thats a completely irrelevant argument anymore. Long story short, yasuo is quite balanced as is right now. People just complain about his kit because they dont know how to play against it.
> [{quoted}](name=Syruponrofls,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sE8zT9bk,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2015-11-29T23:15:37.966+0000) > > Its the same recurring theme in the yasuo hate threads. "Hes not fun to play against" do you think the annie in my one game last night that got about 30 kills was "Fun" to play against? Hell no. I could say any champ is "un-fun" to play against. Instead of me coming onto the forums and complaining about how un-fun and toxic and stupid her kit is, I instead take what I have experienced from playing against her and think of ways I can play better against her. I am a yasuo main, woopty doo. Regardless of what people who get stomped by yasuo say, he DOES have a high skill cap. Lots of these complaints are coming from people who simply dont know how to play against him. His win rate is about 50% for people who have played atleast over 100+ games as him. Hes not as simple to play as everyone makes it out to be. Using your E properly you have to take into account the amount of enemy minions there are and the position in the lane where the minions are ect...As for warlords bloodlust it was probably an oversight by riot, I mean they patched it anyways so thats a completely irrelevant argument anymore. > > Long story short, yasuo is quite balanced as is right now. People just complain about his kit because they dont know how to play against it. Or it's an obnoxious kit that forces you to either time a 24 second cooldown early game because he can use the wind wall as a panic button or pick characters like Malzahar and Brand, who're getting nerfed anyway.
NVDax (NA)
: Illaoi's Moral Alignment
She's Neutral or Lawful Neutral. Characters like Darius are what you'd refer to as Lawful Evil.
: They also tend to be the most-educated regarding that champion. More often than not, in my experience, players calling for nerfs to a specific champion will also admit that they've never played the champion and "don't want to play this broken champion because I have some strange delusions of honor in combat."
> [{quoted}](name=JustMyBassCannon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sE8zT9bk,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2015-11-29T22:05:52.757+0000) > > They also tend to be the most-educated regarding that champion. > > More often than not, in my experience, players calling for nerfs to a specific champion will also admit that they've never played the champion and "don't want to play this broken champion because I have some strange delusions of honor in combat." I don't play him because he doesn't appeal to me, and even then I thought getting {{item:1018}} and {{item:3087}} was stupid for 100% crit chance. I'm still pissed off at CertainlyT over the changes he made to Mordekaiser when on a different account I had played the Master of Metal for over two years consecutively. I think Yasuo's kit needs alterations because not even Tryndamere with a full fury bar has 100% crit chance unless he already has the 65% or more from items which typically means {{item:3087}} {{item:3031}} and {{item:3046}}. You can make the argument all you want that he pays for it in his base stats but for all the creativity CertainlyT brings to the table, he's never once been behind a champion that wasn't incredibly polarizing with the exception of Zyra, and that was a collaboration between several designers.
: Yea i mean, you guys complain about a ranged vs melee situation. Like in all those scenarios thats going to happen. And like its not as if vayne top is picked every game. Also if you jump on vayne at 3. You win, then you snowball and she is useless
> [{quoted}](name=GroundedEagle45,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=YhbAAUvp,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-11-29T20:17:32.907+0000) > > Yea i mean, you guys complain about a ranged vs melee situation. Like in all those scenarios thats going to happen. And like its not as if vayne top is picked every game. Also if you jump on vayne at 3. You win, then you snowball and she is useless Pretty much this. Rank 1 Silver Bolts does like what, 6% of your maximum health in damage? On a 600 health character like Jax, that's like ~90 at the most for the proc. It doesn't help Vayne that Jax is one of the champions top lane who absolutely destroys her, as is Quinn.
Quort (NA)
: Why does every post regarding nerfs for a Champion always have to call out and vilify the Chamion's respective mains. >_>
> [{quoted}](name=Quort,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sE8zT9bk,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2015-11-29T20:08:18.704+0000) > > Why does every post regarding nerfs for a Champion always have to call out and vilify the Chamion's respective mains. >_> They tend to be the most vehemently against any changes to their precious character.
Avedecus (NA)
: Yasuo pays a lot for his crit passive in the form of base stats. If you remove the passive and pay its worth back to his base stats, you will create an unstoppable early game monster. Flat out removing a massive piece of a balanced champion's power budget will never happen without compensation, so you can stop dreaming.
> [{quoted}](name=Avedecus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sE8zT9bk,comment-id=0000000100010001,timestamp=2015-11-29T19:23:24.605+0000) > > Yasuo pays a lot for his crit passive in the form of base stats. If you remove the passive and pay its worth back to his base stats, you will create an unstoppable early game monster. > > Flat out removing a massive piece of a balanced champion's power budget will never happen without compensation, so you can stop dreaming. Yasuo has never been a balanced champion. He's the entire reason why Warlord's Bloodlust got nerfed because he could out-sustain many champions just based on his crit chance proccing and healing him in lane. When you beat a Yasuo, it never feels like you out-play him, it feels like he just fucked up instead. Yasuo mains are even worse than Riven mains.
: The only fix that should be done to illaoi
Or they could just make it so her tentacles function like Azir's soldiers. With 300 AD (lol mostly DPS) she can smack you for 700 damage before mitigations with Q and depending on how many tentacles she spawned with ulti will just wreck you.
: when is riot going to realize how broken vayne is
She literally had all the power shifted on her Silver Bolts to more of a late game orientation with the removal of the base damage that had allowed her to bust not only tanks but squishies open. Which is the one thing people absolutely hated about her. Now she busts tanks more than she busts the squishies early game, and is still one of the easiest to gank ADCs.
: LoL that's how your knowledge and bias level show up. Yasuo is the same class as Fiora, Trindamere and Yi. He is a melee AD carry and any AD carry needs (and has) a steroid.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sE8zT9bk,comment-id=0000000100010000,timestamp=2015-11-29T17:29:59.426+0000) > > LoL that's how your knowledge and bias level show up. > > Yasuo is the same class as Fiora, Trindamere and Yi. He is a melee AD carry and any AD carry needs (and has) a steroid. What is the 50% armor penetration from his ultimate? What is the damage boost on his E from consecutive uses? You want to talk about bias, you're literally defending the fact that he gets a free 800 gold boost just from buying a {{item:1018}}
: I've never seen katanas emanate tornados either but I don't guess this applies anyway. Removing his crit chance multiplier would mean that they'll have to give him another **reliable** steroid. Now, are you sure you want to see the risk of him having True Damage on crits rather than double crit chance?
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sE8zT9bk,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2015-11-29T16:30:47.774+0000) > > I've never seen katanas emanate tornados either but I don't guess this applies anyway. > > Removing his crit chance multiplier would mean that they'll have to give him another **reliable** steroid. > > Now, are you sure you want to see the risk of him having True Damage on crits rather than double crit chance? There'd be absolutely no reason to give him another reliable steroid. He already has the Flow shield, the Wind Wall, the dash that he can prance around the lane like Michael Jackson re-enacting Smooth Criminal while high on PCP. It's possible to have a CertainlyT champion without them being the most annoying piece of garbage in the game.
: yasuo needs an early game nerf
He really doesn't require the double crit chance at all. It doesn't even fit thematically because last I checked katanas were for the most part never double edged to begin with, unlike European swords.
Yma S (NA)
: What is the ACTUAL reason that Yasuo is resourceless
> [{quoted}](name=Yma S,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GEJEEQqr,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-11-29T01:46:49.713+0000) > > Other than "It's creative!111" CertainlyT. That is all.
: I'm not sure I'd use the word "negro" like that every again, yo. And for that matter, there's a lot more going on with Illaoi than Samoan cultural parallels. I see a fair amount of Haitian, Mesoamerican, and perhaps Maori as well.
> [{quoted}](name=IronwallJackson,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FEpJ3tA2,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-11-29T00:35:20.919+0000) > > I'm not sure I'd use the word "negro" like that every again, yo. And for that matter, there's a lot more going on with Illaoi than Samoan cultural parallels. I see a fair amount of Haitian, Mesoamerican, and perhaps Maori as well. She's most definitely inspired by the Loa of Vodou and the Polynesian's peoples reverence for the ocean. Nagakabouros itself (Since deities really can't have a gender unless explicitly stated) is more of an incarnation of the Oceans in Runeterra based on her teachings. Life isn't just static, it's in motion. Push and pull.
: > [{quoted}](name=Salt Miner 49 Er,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=36FOtrkJ,comment-id=0000000100000001,timestamp=2015-11-28T20:48:46.493+0000) > > Except she's not a tank. At all. She has no natural way to peel for her teammates or make you want to focus her outside of using her ultimate. She's literally like tahm kench, you HAVE to focus her. and yes she is a tank, learn what a tank is before condescending someone while at that elo
> [{quoted}](name=SwapShadows,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=36FOtrkJ,comment-id=00000001000000010000,timestamp=2015-11-28T20:57:07.944+0000) > > She's literally like tahm kench, you HAVE to focus her. > > and yes she is a tank, learn what a tank is before condescending someone while at that elo Okay. This is coming from a person who's played multiple MMOs and other MOBAs like Dota and Smite. Illaoi is, and I repeat, is _not_ a tank. Is she harder to kill than normal? A little bit, yes. But that's because her tentacles swatting you heal her for, oh, I don't know? **5%** of her **missing** health. A tank is somebody that is not only incredibly beefy, but is also able to peel for their teammates and keep a sustained fight going. Illaoi has absolutely no peel whatsoever. All she has is her E, which pulls the spirit to her and reflects the damage back at the person she and her teammates are attacking the spirit of. You want a tank? Here's some tanks in League of Legends. {{champion:54}} - Has a % of health scaling shield for a passive; Steals attack speed in an AoE around him and deals damage based on Armor that he has. Can initiate fights via an AoE knock-up or peel for teammates. {{champion:33}} - Has a single target taunt that lasts ~2.5 seconds if not longer, has a damage reflect that gives his Armor and MR a hilariously huge boost. Has an AoE damage pulse that affects towers as well, can roll into people and slow them. {{champion:113}} - Can AoE stun people with proper aim from a distance to initiate. AoE slow, AoE damage-over-time, has a knock up and a mini-stun. {{champion:14}} - Has a % health scaling shield that can stack infinitely, An AoE linear stun that's **incredibly** telegraphed that's just a slow if not charged up. Can initiate from halfway across the map with his ultimate. Has a linear slow with armor reduction due to his shout. What're all these things they have in common? They're beefy and they're more focused on helping the team over doing massive amounts of ungodly damage. The Juggernauts of League of Legends are there to be the new Tanky DPS. Get over yourself.
: Tell me again why does all of the abilities of girl ekko scale off AD when she's spirit/magic themed
Did you really just try to make a parallel between a Samoan and an American Negro?
Rew711 (NA)
: When I've played a champ enough times to get to level 4...
Mastery levels on champions literally only tell people you play that champion alot. Not that you're an infallible Man-God who by the grace of the matchmaking system is on their team. The same logic applies to Hero levels in Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm.
Rebonack (NA)
: What if Koggy's Ult were a basic skill?
First off: Don't preface the suggestions with you being a Dominion Kog'Maw player. Nobody legitimately cares about the game mode outside of the few dedicated people that play it, and it's a horribly balanced game mode anyway. Secondly, none of your changes realistically keep Kog'Maw competitive because currently the only way for him to farm lanes effectively is using his W to last hit or if you're daring enough, using his E and R combo (Which is a good way to get mana gated **hard**). The only way to make Kog'Maw relatively okay right now is to do something about the mana costs ramping up on his ultimate (Which would be easily fixed by just giving him an ammo system similar to Corki or Xerath), or by changing the damage dealt by his W by taking power away from other parts of his kit. Namely his Caustic Spittle, it gives you 280 base damage on a rather short range linear skillshot that reduces resistances by 28% at max rank with 70% (Bio-Arcane Barrage activated, mind) Attack Speed. You're already building alot of attack speed on Kog'Maw from items like {{item:3124}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3085}} {{item:3091}} so there's really no reason to level it up at all unless like I stated before you don't want to get mana gated by the absolutely atrocious 60 - 80 mana disparity between those two spells and Void Ooze at their max rank.
: > [{quoted}](name=Salt Miner 49 Er,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=36FOtrkJ,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2015-11-28T20:24:43.530+0000) > > Here's some tips: > > * Her Q is incredibly narrow, it's like the length of two Teemos if that and is incredibly telegraphed > * Her W tells tentacles where to hit, fight her away from them > * Murder her when she E's you > * Dodge and kill tentacles if you get the debuff > > Congrats, you just beat Illaoi. no actually I didn't and even if you beat her in the laning phase her scaling is insanely broken. one of the biggest tanks in the game currently with the ability to 1v4 late game.
> [{quoted}](name=SwapShadows,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=36FOtrkJ,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2015-11-28T20:27:26.102+0000) > > no actually I didn't and even if you beat her in the laning phase her scaling is insanely broken. > > one of the biggest tanks in the game currently with the ability to 1v4 late game. Except she's not a tank. At all. She has no natural way to peel for her teammates or make you want to focus her outside of using her ultimate.
Show more

Salt Miner 49 Er

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion