: > [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ogtY6I7v,comment-id=0023,timestamp=2018-09-10T15:33:10.497+0000) > > So, let's analyze the whole "apology" thing. > > If Riot apologizes, do you believe they mean it? Also, if you force an apology, does it actually have any value? Honestly? It will at least afford some doubt as to whether or not they refuse to improve. Right now, there's a lot of belief they simply won't improve, especially after their recent statement to do better.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ogtY6I7v,comment-id=00230001,timestamp=2018-09-10T15:36:11.659+0000) > > Honestly? It will at least afford some doubt as to whether or not they refuse to improve. Right now, there's a lot of belief they simply won't improve, especially after their recent statement to do better. Let's say I call you a bad name or insult you in some fashion. Then, after you demand an apology I give you one, do you real feel like I mean what I said? Does it change what I said or did? Riot has shown a rapidly decreasing interest in the playerbase over the last couple of years. I would rather Riot's ACTIONS change over their words. Do things that actually improve the game and the community relations. 1) Show up on your own website/forums more often and talk TO the playerbase---don't just talk at them. Less Reddit/Twitter, more leagueoflegends.com 2) Improve the gameplay. Less burst overall except for assassins (give Kat, Akali, et al their burst) at the cost of their early game, less snowballing and overall damage, more vision options, less focus on new champions and more improvement on existing champs, get back to basics and what made the game good; season 1-4 should give you a good idea. Stop overcomplicating new champions and mechanics. 3) Give new players a better experience. and the list goes on and on. The last thing I care about is some silly apology that I know Riot doesn't mean until they actually back it up with meaningful actions and responses.
: Guys don't forget, Riot still hasn't apologized for banning males in the first place
So, let's analyze the whole "apology" thing. If Riot apologizes, do you believe they mean it? Also, if you force an apology, does it actually have any value?
Chermorg (NA)
: Who said he was fired? He no longer works for Riot. That doesn't mean he was fired. He very well could've left because you were all attacking him stupidly and for no reason.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=at08Tvre,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-07T23:53:44.965+0000) > > Who said he was fired? > > He no longer works for Riot. That doesn't mean he was fired. He very well could've left because you were all attacking him stupidly and for no reason. This is why the Boards are entertaining! No matter what Riot does there will always be those that wish to polish Riot's boots with their tongues. [A little reading for you](https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/7/17827796/riot-games-employee-depart-women-only-pax-west-event), not that you'll probably do it, but here you go.
: Aatrox,another champion killed.
: > [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000001a,timestamp=2018-09-08T10:21:44.454+0000) > > I'm sorry, but I'm not going to allow this statement to go unchallenged. > > It doesn't seem overly compassionate to tell people to go kill themselves in a engine turbine of a 747 jet. If someone said that in game, they would be facing punishment (possibly), this guy got fired for these and other remarks. Maybe he just decided to keyboard-warrior it up a bit out of frustration, but regardless, it doesn't sound like the actions of a "caring" or "compassionate" individual. No amount of spin or anecdotal evidence will convince me otherwise. Depends who you say it to. When you're talking to extremely non compassionate people, people who are accruing extremely self centered and extremely hateful, it's pretty tempting
> [{quoted}](name=EROTIC RAID BOSS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000001a0001,timestamp=2018-09-08T20:49:02.422+0000) > > Depends who you say it to. When you're talking to extremely non compassionate people, people who are accruing extremely self centered and extremely hateful, it's pretty tempting Responding to hate with hate or 'fighting fire with fire' is not the way that a "compassionate" person conducts themselves. Those are the actions of the irrational, hateful, angry, spiteful and/or petty individual. Discretion is the better part of valor.
: The lack of communication with Riot is a major part of the reason why the community is so toxic
I have said it many times in the past---and others have certainly echoed this sentiment: It is bizarre behavior, to say the least, that Riot uses third party sites to discuss their game at the exclusion of the game's own website. Promoting and discussing the game elsewhere, sure, that makes sense, but doing so without engaging people on the leagueoflegends.com is a real head-scratcher. Granted, I haven't played in months and I've been out of the loop recently. I come here in the hopes of seeing signs that the game will improve in the future and return---even if only partially---to it's glory days, but if Riot can't even be bothered to discuss their game here on even a semi-regular basis, then there's really no reason to bother. The perception within the community is that Riot doesn't listen or care about the majority of the feedback from it's playerbase. While this perception may not be 100% accurate, there is clearly some truth to it as evidenced by what was happening in game as of the last time I played and the general decline in quality over the last few years (another topic for another day). But clearly, designers/developers are contributing less to these Boards and chosing instead to go to the safe-haven, third party outlets to discuss changes. Riot has fallen into the trap of many other game creators in taking the 'we talk, you listen, we create, you play' mantra, which may be a contributing factor in the overall decline in the number of players and why folks such as myself have finally given up the ghost on this game.
: > [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-07T18:46:55.088+0000) > > "Before" implies they held the same seminar open to all. They didn't. I have a weekly stream open to all doing exactly this. There are plenty of opportunities to get feedback on your resume materials, or watch talks, or vods, or have a 1:1, or go to a game jam. Pax was just one event that we had hoped to engage with those who traditionally have to overcome extreme barriers to enter. I don't agree with the way it was communicated or the wording of the response, but as for the event itself 100% invested. Also, as for DZK hes a great guy, really caring, and infinitely compassionate. I'll miss him tons.
> [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8ghEGkE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-07T18:59:41.357+0000) > > Also, as for DZK hes a great guy, really caring, and infinitely compassionate. I'll miss him tons. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to allow this statement to go unchallenged. It doesn't seem overly compassionate to tell people to go kill themselves in a engine turbine of a 747 jet. If someone said that in game, they would be facing punishment (possibly), this guy got fired for these and other remarks. Maybe he just decided to keyboard-warrior it up a bit out of frustration, but regardless, it doesn't sound like the actions of a "caring" or "compassionate" individual. No amount of spin or anecdotal evidence will convince me otherwise.
Aneirin (OCE)
: > You'll learn this when you go out into the big wide world The big wide world where employee disciplinary procedures are not done in a hurry or in public. Expecting instant firing is a juvenile want. Things are done differently in the real world.
> [{quoted}](name=Aneirin,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Uh72F0h5,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-07T21:56:21.536+0000) > > The big wide world where employee disciplinary procedures are not done in a hurry or in public. Expecting instant firing is a juvenile want. Things are done differently in the real world. You were saying? Something about how disciplinary procedures aren't done in public or in a hurry? [While you read this](https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/7/17832430/riot-games-two-employees-leave-the-company-league-of-legends), tell me how that foot in your mouth tastes. Sorry kiddo, as a 40 year old, I've been in the real world a little longer than you, this is how it works----you're welcome for the lesson, by the way.
: > [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Uh72F0h5,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-07T17:11:59.660+0000) > > Yeah, it's almost as if they expect the people that made the game and write the rules for behavior to follow their own rules or something... what a weird as fuck concept! Man, it is really going to blow your mind when you find out police officers break the law, judges do immoral behavior, people of the cloth sin... etc etc. Basically every punishment system, every moral system is set up by people that fail to perfectly adhere to it. Sorry I had to break that news to you.
> [{quoted}](name=BrahMoarQQPlox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Uh72F0h5,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-07T17:15:42.853+0000) > > Man, it is really going to blow your mind when you find out police officers break the law, judges do immoral behavior, people of the cloth sin... etc etc. > > Basically every punishment system, every moral system is set up by people that fail to perfectly adhere to it. > > Sorry I had to break that news to you. And I bet it's going to really amaze you when you find out that there are consequences when police break the law or when judges don't follow protocol or jurisprudence. You might even find out that the President of the United States can face consequences for their actions---and some have even faced these potential sanctions before! There might even be one right now that could be--at some point--facing penalties. So yeah, basically every punishment system, regardless of whom it is constructed by, will ultimately net at least someone that helped to author it, which is kind of the point of having a punishment system---no one is above the law. You'll learn this when you go out into the big wide world... yeah, that's where there's a sun that shines and people have interaction that doesn't involve typing... trust me, you'll get there someday.
Aneirin (OCE)
: Why can no-one on the boards use the search function? There's been about a hundred of these threads made. Real life toxicity is not the same as in-game toxicity. You want them to be treated the same, maybe require all players to provide riot their social media accounts and ban you for what you say on social media? Do you know what's happening behind the scenes at Riot? Can you guarantee that there are no HR processes going on at the moment that we don't know about to discipline him? Just because he hasn't been openly fired yet doesn't mean that it won't happen or that he won't get some other disciplinary measure. These things don't happen overnight. And even if nothing happens, yes that's disappointing from Riot but it still has nothing to do with the in-game system. By your logic whenever a police officer breaks the law everyone in prison should be released instantly.
> [{quoted}](name=Aneirin,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5nhsBvUx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-07T05:03:56.032+0000) > > Why can no-one on the boards use the search function? There's been about a hundred of these threads made. > > Real life toxicity is not the same as in-game toxicity. You're right, real life toxicity is far worse than someone upset at you for playing a game---an activiity you do in your leisure time---incorrectly. Apparently Rioters are free to act as uncivil as they like without consequence or even so much as an apology or statement from the company. It's a great message and really affirms what an absolute dumpster fire Riot happens to be at present.
: What's the best way to report smurf accounts?
START > CMD > DELTREE C:\ or COMPUTER > SPEEDING 18-WHEELER > PROBLEM SOLVED
: Breaking news
> [{quoted}](name=BrahMoarQQPlox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Uh72F0h5,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-07T15:21:43.711+0000) > > The creator of the board game Monopoly frequently missed rent payments. > So why do I have to pay rent when I land on another player's property? > > This is basically the gist of the current player behavior board. Yeah, it's almost as if they expect the people that made the game and write the rules for behavior to follow their own rules or something... what a weird as fuck concept!
: > [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=000f00010000,timestamp=2018-09-06T09:16:16.867+0000) > > Other than using voice modification, how is a female supposed to disclose such practices on voice-chat? > > I know, I know, "just don't use voice then". Right. > > But yes, victim blaming is always the way to go, quality response. By the way, do your knuckles bleed from dragging them on the ground all day? Ya, you're a "victim". Hf with that attitude. I'm out.
> [{quoted}](name=Blåbæret,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=000f000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-06T10:37:35.759+0000) > > Ya, you're a "victim". > > Hf with that attitude. I'm out. Bye!
: > [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-09-06T00:19:51.463+0000) > > Agree with this part. > > Disagree with this part. > > It is not fun being a woman in PARTS of the online gaming community. If you're a woman you know exactly what I'm talking about, but even if you're an observant male, you get it as well. Women can't just be part of the crowd, they're either hit on, given additional attention/enticements by dudes or the situation goes the opposite way and women receive substantially worse treatment simply because they're female and are considered "bad at games" or whatever hostility may exist. It's disruptive and tiresome to see this type of behavior. > > This doesn't ALWAYS happen, but if you've ever taken time to listen to many of the female gamers, either on this Board or elsewhere, you would know exactly what the deal is and why they don't always feel 'welcomed'. Then don't disclose your gender lmao. You're doing it for the attention, that is all. You complain when it backfires. Men don't give a shit about your gender, but you are asking for it when you say in chat "hey, im a gurl" out of nowhere. Thank goodness there are mostly men playing games like League.
> [{quoted}](name=Blåbæret,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=000f0001,timestamp=2018-09-06T01:01:00.450+0000) > > Then don't disclose your gender lmao. You're doing it for the attention, that is all. You complain when it backfires. Men don't give a shit about your gender, but you are asking for it when you say in chat "hey, im a gurl" out of nowhere. > > Thank goodness there are mostly men playing games like League. Other than using voice modification, how is a female supposed to disclose such practices on voice-chat? I know, I know, "just don't use voice then". Right. But yes, victim blaming is always the way to go, quality response. By the way, do your knuckles bleed from dragging them on the ground all day?
: I seriously don't understand this "Gaming is an industry dominated by men"
> [{quoted}](name=PTZekrom69,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-05T20:00:36.282+0000) > > It's dominated by men not because men don't allow women to join it, it's dominated by men because many women simply aren't interested in gaming. It's as simple as that. Agree with this part. >If they want to be gamers, they will be welcomed. Disagree with this part. It is not fun being a woman in PARTS of the online gaming community. If you're a woman you know exactly what I'm talking about, but even if you're an observant male, you get it as well. Women can't just be part of the crowd, they're either hit on, given additional attention/enticements by dudes or the situation goes the opposite way and women receive substantially worse treatment simply because they're female and are considered "bad at games" or whatever hostility may exist. It's disruptive and tiresome to see this type of behavior. This doesn't ALWAYS happen, but if you've ever taken time to listen to many of the female gamers, either on this Board or elsewhere, you would know exactly what the deal is and why they don't always feel 'welcomed'.
: what qualifies as nonbinary
Non binary refers to anything that is greater than or less than 2. You're welcome.
ItzModsy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Enduring Sword,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=irWl9TIE,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-05T14:11:31.126+0000) > > What’s wrong with you guys? That event by Riot was specifically made to promote women and having an all woman room would make the experience even better. What’s wrong with waiting half an hour to let women feel good about themselves? Especially if some consider themselves a minority. > > I’m sick and tired of you “manchildren” constantly plaguing the boards with your useless posts made out of pure, unjust emotion. You guys are annoying and I can see why Riot would go as far as agreeing with Daniel. Did he go too far? Definitely. Is he wrong? No. Ya that sounds all fine and dandy when you cut out all the details. Once again, here's what really happened: * Riot takes all the less shitty events (can't say exciting cuz let's be real Riot can't do anything right) and puts them into a 5 hour time span where only women are allowed (which is illegal, I regret to inform you but the protected class against discrimination of "sex" also pertains to men, very unfortunate I know) so ya your little "what's wrong with waiting half an hour" remark is objectively false. * Let's also not fucking forget that people bought their PAX tickets before Riot released their notice of discrimination * Are you actually saying women have to be away from the oppressive male specimen at all times in order to feel good about themselves? Gee that's kinda fucking condescending but OK * Useless posts you say? I guess we're all supposed to sit and smile when an employee says it's fine for males to be marginalized, as well as we're not welcome in gaming anymore, when he himself has a history full of disgusting sexist and racist remarks. Oh and the best part is that Riot openly endorses this employee and calls his recent tweets"empowering", ya I feel real fucking empowered when I'm called a sexist toxic man baby when I've done nothing wrong, great fucking stuff
> [{quoted}](name=ItzModsy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=irWl9TIE,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2018-09-05T14:24:53.675+0000) > > * Riot takes all the less shitty events (can't say exciting cuz let's be real Riot can't do anything right) and puts them into a 5 hour time span where only women are allowed (which is illegal, I regret to inform you but the protected class against discrimination of "sex" also pertains to men, very unfortunate I know) [citation required] Please show me the statute in which a private company is forbidden from having a party, gathering, symposium, etc. that allows a specific group for a specific time period. I'll save you the trouble... there is no such statute, because this type of thing is actually done all the time. Focus groups and targeted/market research selects specific groups all the time for various campaigns so as to better understand how to market that particular strata of individual. Your ignorance of the law, while not uncomoon on the Boards, is detrimental as it helps to perpetuate misinformation. > * Let's also not fucking forget that people bought their PAX tickets before Riot released their notice of discrimination It's Riot's event, they can run it as they see fit. Now, before you attack the messenger I'll be very clear about this: I don't think it's a good policy or makes a lot of sense from a business standpoint to do what they did, but this is a company that routinely makes terrible decisions over the last few years, so I'm not surprised. Remember, just because you're pissed off it doesn't mean that someone has done something wrong and/or actionable. > * Are you actually saying women have to be away from the oppressive male specimen at all times in order to feel good about themselves? Gee that's kinda fucking condescending but OK Given how women are treated in the online community, I can understnad why they did what they did... I don't agree with their decision, but I can understand it. > * Useless posts you say? I guess we're all supposed to sit and smile when an employee says it's fine for males to be marginalized The Riot employee acted like a complete jackass, there's no question about that, but your response is almost comically overdramatic. To insinuate that men are 'marginalized' when they make 15% more than women, hold more jobs/top level executive positions and are consistantly treated far better than their female counterparts in the workplace is some type of next level bullshit that I can't even comprehend. "Oh my God, a company actually reached out to women to participate in an event", who gives a shit? At the end of the day, Riot will ignore the female gamers just as much as they ignore the male gamers. Riot does what they want, they just want to appear as though they give a damn, you and I both know that they don't. But listening to the privileged class complain about inequities in the system is borderline sickening. It's the equivalent of white people complaining when a Hispanic or Black person gets a job instead of them. Gee, sorry that life isn't always an express way of green lights for you. >as well as we're not welcome in gaming anymore Gaming is male dominated, and the overwhelming majority of games are dominated by males; not just the customer base, but programming, design, marketing... almost exclusively male. Gaming is more of an interest to males, so it's natural that it is dominated by men. One incident happens where they appeal to women and you guys lose your shit, it's hilarious... but that's teenagers and twenty-somethings nowadays, what can I say?
EkyonKun (NA)
: Riot, is this really who you want representing you?
I haven't played a game in almost 6 months now, I still look in on the Boards periodically. I guess I still cling to the idea that things will change and that Riot will give me a reason to come back, but every time I look around I see that there is no reason. This is just another example of how the company (not just the game itself) has fallen a long way from what it used to be. It's really tragic, because Riot used to be fantastic; so engaging and willing to listen and interact with their playerbase... wow, what the fuck happened to this game and this company? Having stepped away for a bit I can now look at it through the prism of hindsight----it's a might chasm when you see how different things are now than they were just a few years ago. Hell, the game is totally different than it was A YEAR ago and Riot's unwillingness to have civil, regular dialogue with the playerbase has definitely driven me away and I know many others feel the same way.
: we arent talking about manufacturate here, your talk and your speech belongs somewhere not here, so delete this comment if i were you.
> [{quoted}](name=TSM Blazing Fist,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4RdMvyB1,comment-id=0008000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-22T12:00:58.180+0000) > > we arent talking about manufacturate here, your talk and your speech belongs somewhere not here, so delete this comment if i were you. The only one that might want to delete their comment is you seeing as how you responded to my post which is more than two years old.
: Negativity towards the State of the Game goes far beyond the boards.
I haven't played in months now. I had been watching my playtime on League decrease over the past two or three years but it accelerated rapidly in the last 9-12 months. There are so many reasons that I have outlined in countless posts and now I just don't even feel like it needs a justification---this game is not the same one I fell in love with, period. It isn't even a shell of it's former self. I held on to hope for a very long time that Riot would right the ship and fix some of the glaring issues that were facing this game, it all really began in Season 5, but each season just kept seeing more ridiculous and radical shifts. Every 2-4 patches became a huge pendulum swing in the game and after Runes Reforged (which I actually thought might be a positive change for the game) came and went with only negative impacts on game health I finally saw the writing on the wall. Class reworks, champ reworks, constant changes, meta shifts, the elimination of ADCs from the relevance of the game. What really rubbed salt in the wound was that Riot just refused to provide any communication---or more accurately---dialogue about what was happening. There was communication, it was basically "here's what we're doing, deal with it". Then, the final straw was Riot's announcement that they wouldn't bring back URF (and we'd only get ARURF) or some of the other featured game modes. While they did bring back Butcher's Bridge for awhile, it was too little, too late for me... I had already quit. One thing about me, as a gamer and in life, when I'm done with something, I'm done. I won't ever be playing this game again, sadly. I guess I came here wondering if I was the only one that really felt this way and clearly, I'm not. It was a fun 7+ years Riot (well, at least 4-5 of those years were pretty good).
: People are begging for Yasuo nerfs, but they don't realize something
2018 and people are still complaining about Yasuo? I'm just going to say it, if you lose lane to a Yasuo, that's a YOU problem, you either chose a poor matchup, got outplayed, played against someone better than you or made mistakes that cost you. Remember kids, you can't spell Yasuo without "Y" "O" "U" and that's who needs to learn to play better, you.
: The whole part about toxicity is an invalid argument because of the fact that you had the choice to mute and yet you didn't. If someone is being annoying/toxic the mute button's only existence is to prevent that.
> [{quoted}](name=Last Tempest,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UrqLAj33,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-11T14:42:43.473+0000) > > The whole part about toxicity is an invalid argument because of the fact that you had the choice to mute and yet you didn't. If someone is being annoying/toxic the mute button's only existence is to prevent that. Explain how you "mute" intentional feeding? Explain how you "mute" teammates that follow you into your own jungle and attempt to last hit your camps Oh, and please do explain how you "mute" players that go AFK. How might one simply ignore that or otherwise dismiss it with a currently built-in feature?
: "ARAM only accounts aren't real"
So, someone dedicates more time and effort to playing a particular game mode than you do and then you lose to that person so you become salty and go to the forums? Just another day on the Boards, folks.
Vizulix (NA)
: Yasuo Needs To Be Changed
> [{quoted}](name=Vizulix,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nEbzELmq,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-10T10:17:21.100+0000) > > Bullshit aside Yasuo is a broken champion. People say he's a high skillcap champion, but the secret with Yasuo is knowing how to control yourself while playing such a overpowered champion. Yasuo's weakness comes from the fact that he is too strong. His laning phase is so strong that after the laning phase people do not know how to keep calm and throw the game. " Not really. Yasuo struggles in pro play and very high Elo (usually), but is fairly oppressive in lower level play. I can honestly say that I have never lost lane to a Yasuo. Why? It's not because I'm "so good", it's because you know what Yasuo is going to do, you anticipate it, you know how to simply one-auto his shield, all in at the right time and/or wait for your jungler to 2v1 him and boom, lane won. "But what about if he roams bot lane?" Well, if your bot lane is too stupid to ward then you would have lost against any other mid laner. I get why people find Yasuo annoying, I do understand it, but of the 140 champions in this game, Yasuo is not even top 20 in terms of overtuned, overpowered or in need of work.
: > [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EpKwgxF0,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-05-11T03:27:13.176+0000) > > I hate when people write a bunch of other text that I have to skip over just to see their chat logs. > > Chat logs are all I care about in determining if you deserved your punishment... the rest is pointless drivel. > > That said: Punishment deserved, you trashed your teammates, were hostile, complained, negative attitude, all the usual stuff. > > For future reference: No one cares about your 'context' or your opinion regarding your ban, it was well deserved. > > /thread Hell yeah, I will just run it down like the people in my games. Will not be banned for it anyway; I checked that dude is still inting when he does not get his way.
> [{quoted}](name=Challenger jax,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EpKwgxF0,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-05-11T11:34:28.780+0000) > > Hell yeah, I will just run it down like the people in my games. Will not be banned for it anyway; I checked that dude is still inting when he does not get his way. Writing shitty things to someone in chat is sure to change their behavior though, right?
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MskTkLui,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-11T05:28:19.208+0000) > > Fair games in ranked no longer exist. > > I blame autofill. I always support, autofill wasn't even a factor in this. And the trolls were never the supports.
> [{quoted}](name=Anti Teemo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MskTkLui,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-05-11T05:33:05.995+0000) > > I always support, autofill wasn't even a factor in this. And the trolls were never the supports. Just because you played support doesn't mean others weren't autofilled. Actually when I played this game with any regularity I would see autofilled ADCs all the time.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Assassin winrates are actually higher than adc's right now
> [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AmkqGvxP,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-11T02:03:37.576+0000) > > Good thing we're gutting that cancer infinity edge though. ADC's clearly WAY too strong. > > http://na.op.gg/statistics/champion/ Shh, you're ruining the narrative of the Boards with statistics and facts, don't you realize this is a place for emotional, baseless, bullshit arguments?
: Permbanned on my D1 acc, why these bans are bullcrap
I hate when people write a bunch of other text that I have to skip over just to see their chat logs. Chat logs are all I care about in determining if you deserved your punishment... the rest is pointless drivel. That said: Punishment deserved, you trashed your teammates, were hostile, complained, negative attitude, all the usual stuff. For future reference: No one cares about your 'context' or your opinion regarding your ban, it was well deserved. /thread
: Thoughts on My Permaban
> [{quoted}](name=Lellistair,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=RsbJerT0,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-11T02:19:04.519+0000) > > I don't really give a shit > > Well, kinda. I liked this name and it stings that I won't be able to use it anymore, but that's it. > > I haven't learned a thing, and you can bet I'll just keep doing this shit in the future. > > See ya on the rift, fuckers Riot has more ban hammers than you have patience. So, do your worst.
Akaash (NA)
: People who think League is dying have never played a dying game.
> [{quoted}](name=Akaash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HaAPdNJP,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-10T06:01:35.786+0000) > > League hasn't had the 90% playerbase loss that neopets has had. And even if it did, that would still be several million users monthly. 90%? No, not even close. Nevertheless, League has been hemorrhaging players for several years and it's evident in the longer queue times, fewer players playing ranked each year since Season 5, decreased website activity and engagement and so on. > League isn't anything remotely close to dying. Depends upon your definition of "dying". For *example*, if you have a game with 50,000,000 players and it now has 40,000,000 then it's lost a good chunk of it's playerbase and by the literal interpretation is dying. Will the game totally die off? Nah. But there is no question that the game's glory days are behind it. > It's just that Fortinite is a decent game and is carving its own place in the scene. That's a healthy understatement. Fortnite has surpassed League in terms of streaming/viewership and definitely has the buzz in the gaming community that League once had years ago.
: ...I mean do you actually want my thoughts, or do you just want to vent?
> [{quoted}](name=BobaFlautist,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eVExAoYp,comment-id=000500010000,timestamp=2018-05-08T23:03:47.956+0000) > > ...I mean do you actually want my thoughts, or do you just want to vent? I read what you wrote, don't agree with it. Other games, while they have their problems, have made far greater strides toward improving player experiences. Some problems in this game have existed since the time I started playing in 2011 and have yet to be changed (such as champ select trolls, passive-aggressive play in game, trolling jungle by following them around and last hitting their camps and the list literally goes on continually). So, sure, share all the thoughts you like, but anyone that actually writes that Riot is "leading the industry" in player behavior management is just spouting some horrific bullshit that cannot simply go unchallenged. If anything, they have regressed since 2011... I thought the Tribunal was pretty revolutionary and if it still existed IN CONJUNCTION with the Instant Feedback System then we might have something. But for a billion dollar company to have automated support, a fully automated punishment system and these type of behavior issues for as long as they have with no significant improvement is just indefensible.
: Honestly, while there's plenty of room for improvement, I think Riot easily leads the industry in terms of managing player behavior on a large scale.
> [{quoted}](name=BobaFlautist,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eVExAoYp,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-05-03T16:02:52.246+0000) > > Honestly, while there's plenty of room for improvement, I think Riot easily leads the industry in terms of managing player behavior on a large scale. Explain to me how they "manage" behavior? Oh, by permabanning accounts? Yep, that sure solves the problem; I mean if you completely ignore the fact that people can just make a new account, buy an account or use another existing 'smurf' account then sure, they do a great job! League has the (deserved) reputation for having one of the worst communities and that hasn't changed over the last several years. In my experience, player behavior has worsened nearly every year. But yeah, if you ignore all of the above then, sure, they're doing great! A real trail-blazer!
: Words only hurt you because you allow them to hurt you.
Post is getting downvoted, but as is usually the case on the Boards, you can tell when you're right based upon the number of downvotes you get---the more you receive, the more correct you are. All of that having been said, Riot has rules and you either follow them or face the consequences. Sure, if it were up to me, there would be no toxicity bans (unless of course you engaged in illegal activity such as threatening someone's life).
: Can someone explain why I have silvers with less than 15 games played in mid gold game?
When confronted with something as complex and ambiguous as the matchmaking system, one should resort to using *Occam's Razor*; the notion that the simplest explanation is the most plausible: The matchmaking system is a red-hot dumpster fire and Riot should be ashamed of it.
Zezilian (EUNE)
: Holy mother Teresa do you get fainted every time when somebody tells you something sarcastic or passive-aggressive? ups sorry, i just might end up being sarcastic, please don't shoot me, ok ?
> [{quoted}](name=Zezilian,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=esVQhcw1,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2018-05-06T08:10:33.254+0000) > > Holy mother Teresa do you get fainted every time when somebody tells you something sarcastic or passive-aggressive? > ups sorry, i just might end up being sarcastic, please don't shoot me, ok ? Nope, the OP wanted to know why they were banned, I explained it to them. I don't make the rules, I'm just smart enough to follow them. If it were up to me, chat would be open-season, outside of that which is against the law (death/terroristic threats) I would allow whatever to happen in chat, however it isn't up to me, so I guess you have to either learn to follow the rules or enjoy getting banned, your choice.
koshkyra (NA)
: What was the queue where you had to select your champion before you queued?
: The way you respond is very negative and rude and provides no benefit to the forum. Stating you report anyone instantly for using kid? In your holier than the OP please tell me what part of the summoners code is in violation when saying anything followed up by kid? I would say your response to this thread is much more toxic than anything the OP said. Reading that chat and not making awful assumptions like above, I would say this is not worthy of even flagging as toxic. We all have bad games and if this really is an exception to their norm it shouldn't even be looked at.
> [{quoted}](name=Jordybordy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=esVQhcw1,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-05T06:14:49.568+0000) > > The way you respond is very negative and rude and provides no benefit to the forum. OP wanted an assessment, I provided it. Simple as that. If you perceive it as "rude" then that is a 'you' problem. >In your holier than the OP please tell me what part of the summoners code is in violation when saying anything followed up by kid? With pleasure, sir... From SECTION 4 >Remember, taking a jab at your friend in the middle of the game is a lot different than making a glib remark at a complete stranger. Someone who is unfamiliar with what you consider playful may take your comment as an attack and react unfavorably. If two players on a team start fighting, good communication and teamwork become nearly impossible. Once communication breaks down, the likelihood of victory is drastically diminished. It isn't uncommon for simple, good natured teasing to spiral out of control into a loss, so do yourself a favor and don't run the risk of sabotaging your own success. Good information in there, you might want to [read through it](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/get-started/summoners-code/) sometime. >I would say your response to this thread is much more toxic than anything the OP said. Not sure how, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. > Reading that chat and not making awful assumptions like above, Name the "awful" assumptions that I made.
: It takes a douchebag to use words like “douchebaggery”
> [{quoted}](name=EvilxUndertonez,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=esVQhcw1,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-05-05T15:49:57.839+0000) > > It takes a douchebag to use words like “douchebaggery” Very clever. No, really, that was amazing. You really added a lot to the conversation.
Ifneth (NA)
: Downvote Brigading of Moderators who Say Hard Truths
Who cares? Downvotes/Upvotes are meaningless. If anything, the more downvotes you get on the GAMEPLAY board, the more likely you are correct in whatever it is you are posting about.
VenMos (NA)
: Buddy got Permabanned any way to appeal?
> [{quoted}](name=VenMos,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yAKehNJm,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-05T02:43:33.216+0000) > >After trying to defend himself he got permabanned Sounds like he used some pretty toxic speech to get an insta-perma, my guess is that he's been banned previously, your friend should come here so we can see the chat logs. >for no reason at all. Sounds like a good reason to me. "Defending yourself" in an online game or on the internet in general is a concept I'll still never understand.
Arammus (EUW)
: it feels so good when you read about the IFS for the first time and literally were like "this will create more and more trolls" and ppl hated on you... and now more and more ppl agree with you and it becomes a bigger problem so riot has to act eventually <3
> [{quoted}](name=Arammus,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OAgH66LG,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-05-05T05:35:30.487+0000) > > it feels so good when you read about the IFS for the first time and literally were like &quot;this will create more and more trolls&quot; and ppl hated on you... and now more and more ppl agree with you and it becomes a bigger problem so riot has to act eventually &lt;3 This is precisely why there still needs to be a Tribunal----for cases that the mighty computer cannot discern but a human can see instantly. The all-mighty automated system has a hard time detecting: - Intentional feeders - MMR boosting - Passive-aggressive behaviors that are not chat related - Passive-aggressive chat such as "nice job" after your teammate gives up first blood, etc. Humans are very easily able to spot this, but I guess we'll just continue with things the way they are.
: My Last Game of League
> [{quoted}](name=LunarisKleipsis,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=esVQhcw1,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-05T05:16:20.564+0000) > > Game 1: 5/3/18 > LunarisKleipsis: you shouldnt of been toxic trynd > LunarisKleipsis: he banned my champ i had selected. > LunarisKleipsis: dont gank top. id hate to have to do more harm > LunarisKleipsis: too busy ganking toxic trynd kha is > LunarisKleipsis: thats cool. as long as trynnd gets one for doing what he did ill take it. Classic passive-aggressive chatter here. > LunarisKleipsis: banninng another persons champ they selected is greifing While not related to your punishment, this is a false statement. Banning a teammate's champion is perfectly allowed in the system. > LunarisKleipsis: you are just upset you didnt get a game you liked > LunarisKleipsis: and i did tell you exactly what i was going to dop > LunarisKleipsis: in champ select > LunarisKleipsis: and you have given tryndamere a pass on his behavior > LunarisKleipsis: you said hes allowed to piss anyone off > LunarisKleipsis: he can do anything he wants and its okay > LunarisKleipsis: its not a bad thing > LunarisKleipsis: thats not what you said > LunarisKleipsis: nope > LunarisKleipsis: because you have flawed logic Question: With all of this typing, how did you have time to play? That's certainly the first thought that ran through my mind when looking at the overwhelming volume of text you wrote. > LunarisKleipsis: you are ruining the game afking > LunarisKleipsis: im out pushing lanes while you cry > LunarisKleipsis: i nbever did. scroll up kid > LunarisKleipsis: you are delusional Negative attitude and insulting your teammates. > LunarisKleipsis: stoip typing > LunarisKleipsis: and play Oh, the irony. > Game 2: 4/26/18 > LunarisKleipsis: too bad bot lane didnt come do it when i wanted > LunarisKleipsis: you done not warding? nice vision score on you and nami Passive-aggressive, sarcastic chastisement of your teammates. Not good. > LunarisKleipsis: and the fact we have no vision has zero effect > LunarisKleipsis: great logic kid Continuing to be negative, I insta-report when I see someone say "[random statement], kid". Irony because you're probably barely old enough to drive and/or vote. > LunarisKleipsis: nami stop typing More irony from you. > LunarisKleipsis: good job warding nami. Passive-aggressive douchebaggery at it's finest here. > I believe context matters and... It doesn't, but if I took context into consideration you're just as much in the wrong. In your case the knife cuts both ways, because you spent most of your game excoriating your teammates, however you didn't use any of the 'magic words' and therefore you feel like you can escape maximum punishment as a result. Truthfully, players like you are far worse than the guy that just randomly pops off with a few hateful comments. Your toxicity is much more willful and constructed. You have a tone that encapsulates egregious behavior perfectly. > Is a 14-day suspension the appropriate punishment? If so why? Based upon this chat log, I have to believe that you have been punished previously, this type of behavior is definitely not an anomaly in your case. You have demonstrated a behavior pattern that is a steady stream of toxicity. Some people get "tilted" and fly off the handle for a few lines of text and then calm down, while your toxicity graph would look more like a steady line in about the mid-range of the toxicity scale----consistently moderate toxicity. > Should this even qualify for a chat restriction? If so 10 or 25 and why? I'm pretty sure you already received a chat restriction at some point in the past, if not then there's either a chat log you aren't showing us or Riot felt that your toxicity was strong enough to deserve a harsher penalty, either way, looks pretty solid to me.
: Dude, we already had a shyvana who was toxic from the beginning, she literally told me to go afk, she told me that I'm an unless person, I should go fuck off, and shit like that. Seriously I can't even handle it anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=iEnVyGreens,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=gHzsoUP7,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-05T00:34:48.536+0000) > > Dude, we already had a shyvana who was toxic from the beginning, she literally told me to go afk, she told me that I&#x27;m an unless person, I should go fuck off, and shit like that. Seriously I can&#x27;t even handle it anymore. and? what's your point? Why respond to her, then? Just because someone is toxic to you in game doesn't mean you need to say anything in return.
: Yasuo with the New IE + Conqueror
Except for the fact that Yasuo does less damage from critical strikes, so he'll get less true damage from IE than others. ADCs really aren't hurt by the item changes, it's a lateral move overall, however champions such as Yasuo will be further nerfed and while I realize that about 75% of the Boards (and playerbase alike) will be happy about that notion, it's not good news for the viability of a champion that already struggles in higher MMR.
: May I please know why I deserve it, instead of saying words like 100%.
> [{quoted}](name=iEnVyGreens,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=gHzsoUP7,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-05-04T00:03:10.869+0000) > > May I please know why I deserve it, instead of saying words like 100%. *Sigh* ... Very well, here we go. You have a negative attitude, examples: >iEnVyGreens: why ks? I didn't even know people said "KS" anymore, but apparently there's still this idea that kills belong to people despite the fact that this is a team game. Moving on... >iEnVyGreens: so plz shut up Abusing teammates >iEnVyGreens: ill go afk when shyv spits one more word >iEnVyGreens: ok >iEnVyGreens: im done >iEnVyGreens: im gonna do nothing Here you're threatening to AFK. >iEnVyGreens: and how am i toixc? iEnVyGreens: toxic? iEnVyGreens: how ? iEnVyGreens: how? iEnVyGreens: tell me iEnVyGreens: rn iEnVyGreens: has nothing to say iEnVyGreens: lol iEnVyGreens: but how am i toxic? iEnVyGreens: alistar and mf am i toxic? iEnVyGreens: and darius? iEnVyGreens: ur so childish Arguing instead of playing... >iEnVyGreens: plz report her iEnVyGreens: yup plz iEnVyGreens: report her Calling for reports against other players... - - - - - - I mean, I could go on but you get the idea. The number one question anyone should ask themselves when deciding if a punishment was deserved or not is: *Would I want to play a game with this person?*, In your case the answer is an obvious NO. Another irony (of many) I found in your chat log... >iEnVyGreens: ur still bronze so i dont except u to know but The pot calling the kettle black here. If you're B5 with a 39% winrate who averages more deaths than kills on carries, less than 4 cs/minute ... I wouldn't criticize anyone else, ever. Just a bit of wisdom I thought I would offer you there. In any event, ban deserved and now, officially... /thread
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Elias1724,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0JIhtyBM,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2018-05-04T00:44:50.706+0000) > > While I do agree with most of your assessments of his statements and him, I still think that the punishment itself wasn&#x27;t deserved. Don&#x27;t get me wrong, he is the exact type of player that I hate. The constantly typing and constantly commenting passive-aggressive remarks is just straight up annoying and unnecessary. > > However, being very annoying (with the exception of spamming) is not really something that should ever be worthy of chat-restriction. I&#x27;d mute this guy within 5 minutes of play, but I definitely won&#x27;t report him for it unless he is outright flaming. Most of his messages, while unnecessary, weren&#x27;t particularly flamey, and it honestly didn&#x27;t seem like it went on for much longer than probably 30 seconds worth of chat. He didn&#x27;t persist at all in his &quot;harassment&quot;, for lack of a better word. I think there's two different scenarios here. How you and I would handle the behavioral issues of the game and how Riot manages them... it sounds like they are two drastically different worlds. For instance, I don't get offended by chat, I don't care what someone calls me because no matter what you say about me I have been called worse or have had worse threats against me in my life so nothing bothers me, personally. My only problem with chat is that the more people chat, the less they focus on playing and, thus, the more likely said player/team is to lose. How Riot "manages" behavior is an inconsistent, whack-a-mole type of criteria: Obviously they hit the over-the-top racism, bigotry, homophobic slurs with their automated system, but passive-aggressive behavior is only occasionally given a token slap on the wrist. You said it yourself, the OP is annoying... by no means are they the most toxic player ever, just a general nuisance. Back when the Tribunal existed and I would judge cases, the number one question I would ask myself when reviewing chat/game logs was: *Would I want this player on my team?* In the above case, the answer is an emphatic **NO**. You said it yourself, he's the type of player you "hate" with his "passive-aggressive" bullshit. So, I think a low-grade punishment is appropriate.
remakoro (EUNE)
: Why you automatically assume that free to use chat = people criticizing each other?
> [{quoted}](name=remakoro,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VPm8RGEZ,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2018-05-04T10:14:31.434+0000) > > Why you automatically assume that free to use chat = people criticizing each other? We were talking about people that criticize others. Chatting is fine, but keep your criticisms to yourself during the game. If you want to critique in the post game, fine... but I'll insta-mute if you start in during a game.
: Nope, but a lot of people don't want to sit and take it without being able to respond either. Responding once is riskier to your account than initiating flame.
> [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VPm8RGEZ,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2018-05-03T23:22:27.128+0000) > > Nope, but a lot of people don&#x27;t want to sit and take it without being able to respond either. Responding once is riskier to your account than initiating flame. Show me an example where someone has been banned for responding **ONCE**. I have a feeling it's going to be a long wait, because such an example does not exist outside of perhaps someone responding with a homophobic slur or racial pejorative.
: > [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VPm8RGEZ,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-05-03T23:04:47.100+0000) > > Perhaps people don&#x27;t want to be criticized while enjoying a leisure activity. Play normals and there I would totally agree with reporting people for severe criticism.
> [{quoted}](name=koochario,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VPm8RGEZ,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-05-03T23:08:59.834+0000) > > Play normals and there I would totally agree with reporting people for severe criticism. In my experience the overwhelming majority of criticism comes from players that.. - Are lower Elo/overall skill level than you - Are toxic and need a scapegoat - Don't know how to play the role for whom they are critiquing - Have poor understanding of game mechanics or are not updated on meta shifts, patch notes, etc. - Do not offer any "constructive" criticism. So, as stated, I don't need to hear criticism from others... if you're so good at this game then you wouldn't be in Plat Elo with me you would be in Master/Challenger Tier or maybe on your way to LCS. If you are a Challenger player then I will gladly listen to whatever insight you have to offer me, if not, shut your mouth and play the game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VPm8RGEZ,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-05-03T23:04:47.100+0000) > > Perhaps people don&#x27;t want to be criticized while enjoying a leisure activity. Play normals and there I would totally agree with reporting people for severe criticism.
> [{quoted}](name=koochario,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VPm8RGEZ,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-05-03T23:08:59.834+0000) > > Play normals and there I would totally agree with reporting people for severe criticism. In my experience the overwhelming majority of criticism comes from players that.. - Are lower Elo/overall skill level than you - Are toxic and need a scapegoat - Don't know how to play the role for whom they are critiquing - Have poor understanding of game mechanics or are not updated on meta shifts, patch notes, etc. - Do not offer any "constructive" criticism. So, as stated, I don't need to hear criticism from others... if you're so good at this game then you wouldn't be in Plat Elo with me you would be in Master/Challenger Tier or maybe on your way to LCS. If you are a Challenger player then I will gladly listen to whatever insight you have to offer me, if not, shut your mouth and play the game.
Show more

Scary Door

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion