vyoda (NA)
: If they’re gonna run it down, just take the CS dish out damage and BE THE CARRY. For real. Then report them for int post-game
> [{quoted}](name=vyoda,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8luWAswe,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-14T03:50:46.572+0000) > > If they’re gonna run it down, just take the CS dish out damage and BE THE CARRY. For real. > > Then report them for int post-game Where did he say that he gave up when they started inting? I think you're confusing the overall feel of his post for what he actually said.
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: Most people who complain about the game being "pick meta or lose" are in an ELO where there is no actual meta.
> [{quoted}](name=JackMcCarry,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BO7BEKoW,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-26T07:07:41.805+0000) > > Most people who complain about the game being "pick meta or lose" are in an ELO where there is no actual meta. Truer words have never been said lol
Moody P (NA)
: "you can only climb with OP meta champions"
I guess some people would rather just delude themselves into thinking their own shortcomings aren't due to THEM... It's not them, it can't be. They're special little snowflakes and they've been that way since birth... so how in the world could they be bad at a video game? It's simple, actually. Just don't accept any blame or take any responsibility for being bad. It's the only way to preserve those GOOD feelings and stuff those BAD ones like insecurity back in the bag. -- But don't worry. There are exceptions to this rule! I'm also well aware that champion-quality matters... I'm well aware some games seem completely unfair, too... But how do individuals like this G.A.R.E.N. main manage to climb, then? Surely it isn't ALL luck... or maybe it is... or maybe he's just better at playing the game?
: unban xj9. never was a toxic player in-game. had irl issues at a young age so easy to make a mistake and not think about it. he got banned for a death threat, not "nudes".
> [{quoted}](name=XJ99999999999999,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7Efkn21t,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-23T20:59:15.238+0000) > > unban xj9. never was a toxic player in-game. had irl issues at a young age so easy to make a mistake and not think about it. he got banned for a death threat, not "nudes". you made me chuckle thank you.
: this one won't be popular
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3aEv91nv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-20T04:57:23.107+0000) > > this one won't be popular This one wasn't popular.
: Creep. Rounds. Should. Award. The. Same. Number. Of. items. To. Every. Player. Who. Passes.
No idea how the system works but it should offer a choice of, say, 5 of the same items for each player and then you choose maybe 1 or 2. Or at least that's my preference.
Manxxom (NA)
: I am concerned of how people will think of riot, and where league of legends is going.
Nearly all of that negativity is from the forums. Most people are enjoying league and most couldn’t be bothered to give a shot about what riot does.
: > [{quoted}](name=C9 Aphrolift,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r61YdBr1,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T00:38:49.586+0000) > > It has nothing to do with correlation or causation. Maybe the next time you take this course you'll learn what words actually mean instead of throwing them around improperly. :) > > No, it's exactly what the GatekeeperTDS person said which is: > "You remember the players who are mean to you. You do not remember the far larger number of players who are neutral/nice to you." > > It's a very small percentage of the population that is mean/toxic but you remember those people a lot more than all the people that are neutral/friendly especially if you're thinking about it from the perspective "this playerbase is so mean". My thoughts were that the correlation was between players who recall bad stuff and it equating to being x reason because of said correlation. It'd have been better to say that x fact does not mean that y is the reason. A good example of this would be how some far-righters equate IQ scores to intellectual superiority of race. They don't take into consideration the environment the individuals have been raised in and that you sort of have to secure consistent food/shelter before an education can be attained. And even then, the quality of said education might be severely limited. All of this without mentioning that IQ tests are an unreliable measure of intelligence. Proof of that would be the effect motivation has on test scores. But still, they might be right. Certain races might have certain intelligence genes that just make them mOre smarter. The big thing being that we haven't really identified which genes are linked to intelligence. Science doesn't say so yet so they can't either. I agree with him. Far more people are going to remember the negative experiences. The thing is, what does that prove? What do those IQ scores prove? Anyhow, I'm a good 95% sure the reason why people remember negative experiences more is not because they're ungrateful or anything like that. And it definitely isn't because they enjoy being flamed.
> [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r61YdBr1,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T01:30:42.208+0000) > > My thoughts were that the correlation was between players who recall bad stuff and it equating to being x reason because of said correlation. It'd have been better to say that x fact does not mean that y is the reason. A good example of this would be how some far-righters equate IQ scores to intellectual superiority of race. They don't take into consideration the environment the individuals have been raised in and that you sort of have to secure consistent food/shelter before an education can be attained. And even then, the quality of said education might be severely limited. All of this without mentioning that IQ tests are an unreliable measure of intelligence. Proof of that would be the effect motivation has on test scores. > > But still, they might be right. Certain races might have certain intelligence genes that just make them mOre smarter. The big thing being that we haven't really identified which genes are linked to intelligence. Science doesn't say so yet so they can't either. > > I agree with him. Far more people are going to remember the negative experiences. The thing is, what does that prove? What do those IQ scores prove? > > Anyhow, I'm a good 95% sure the reason why people remember negative experiences more is not because they're ungrateful or anything like that. And it definitely isn't because they enjoy being flamed. X fact does not mean Y is true** I'm having some trouble explaining myself here
: > [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r61YdBr1,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-06-10T00:08:25.569+0000) > > Most aren't going to stick around and try to work out their differences. Props to you for doing that. > > That's something most people don't do. That and just how you go about doing **that** in the first place might not be clear to everyone. > We didn't really have a ton of differences it was more in game banter turning into post game banter. Also, it's not the end of the world either way, you can always leave the post game chat whenever you want. But, it's pretty easy...people just gotta let it out sometimes. > People have a hard time keeping cool in those situations. Again, props to you. That's an incredibly healthy trait to have and one that I'm currently working at. > > I doubt you did much to change that Illaoi's overall behavior. Anyhow, every bit counts and not everyone is going to be as outwardly caring as you were. Thanks. Yeah, I'm not like a therapist, I can't fix or change people. I'm just saying people who rage are people too.
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Aphrolift,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r61YdBr1,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T00:48:27.401+0000) > > We didn't really have a ton of differences it was more in game banter turning into post game banter. > > Also, it's not the end of the world either way, you can always leave the post game chat whenever you want. But, it's pretty easy...people just gotta let it out sometimes. > > Thanks. > > Yeah, I'm not like a therapist, I can't fix or change people. I'm just saying people who rage are people too. People who rage are people too. I agree. People just gotta let out their anger and frustration sometimes? I feel bad for those on the receiving end more than I do whatever issues have caused them to be aggressive. I feel bad for both, definitely. They are. They have their good side and their bad side, just like all of us. It's just that their bad side is going to be at least a teensy bit bigger than everyone else's.
: > [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r61YdBr1,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-09T23:57:25.273+0000) > > Correlation does not equate to causation. That's something you'll learn in statistics if you ever decide to take it. > It has nothing to do with correlation or causation. Maybe the next time you take this course you'll learn what words actually mean instead of throwing them around improperly. :) > I don't really see how that proves bias in the statement that you cited. I mean, what he said is sorta true. Maybe you meant that by _not remembering_ positive/neutral situations he is somehow reinforcing the negative behavior of **other** players? No, it's exactly what the GatekeeperTDS person said which is: "You remember the players who are mean to you. You do not remember the far larger number of players who are neutral/nice to you." It's a very small percentage of the population that is mean/toxic but you remember those people a lot more than all the people that are neutral/friendly especially if you're thinking about it from the perspective "this playerbase is so mean".
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Aphrolift,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r61YdBr1,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T00:38:49.586+0000) > > It has nothing to do with correlation or causation. Maybe the next time you take this course you'll learn what words actually mean instead of throwing them around improperly. :) > > No, it's exactly what the GatekeeperTDS person said which is: > "You remember the players who are mean to you. You do not remember the far larger number of players who are neutral/nice to you." > > It's a very small percentage of the population that is mean/toxic but you remember those people a lot more than all the people that are neutral/friendly especially if you're thinking about it from the perspective "this playerbase is so mean". My thoughts were that the correlation was between players who recall bad stuff and it equating to being x reason because of said correlation. It'd have been better to say that x fact does not mean that y is the reason. A good example of this would be how some far-righters equate IQ scores to intellectual superiority of race. They don't take into consideration the environment the individuals have been raised in and that you sort of have to secure consistent food/shelter before an education can be attained. And even then, the quality of said education might be severely limited. All of this without mentioning that IQ tests are an unreliable measure of intelligence. Proof of that would be the effect motivation has on test scores. But still, they might be right. Certain races might have certain intelligence genes that just make them mOre smarter. The big thing being that we haven't really identified which genes are linked to intelligence. Science doesn't say so yet so they can't either. I agree with him. Far more people are going to remember the negative experiences. The thing is, what does that prove? What do those IQ scores prove? Anyhow, I'm a good 95% sure the reason why people remember negative experiences more is not because they're ungrateful or anything like that. And it definitely isn't because they enjoy being flamed.
: I've had mostly the opposite experience in those long conversations in the after the game lobbies. Maybe it has something to do with what you put out? Usually they come into the post game lobby angry and tilted from losing or w/e. But, when I end up talking to them for a couple minutes, they tend to calm down. Just as an example: I remember recently I played against this Illaoi and she was very fed in lane went like 5/0. Illaoi was typing a lot in all chat and I happened to be duo with our top lane. It took 3 guys for us to shut him down but with a few communication lines we were able to kill him without anybody dying. I used the Sona ult to kill him two of the times and he's like "NICE ULT ON 1 GUY SONA". I'm like "Thanks.". Then he goes on to talk about how his team will "out-macro" mine and win if we keep playing like that. To be fair if his team was a little better that might have happened but as it turns out they didn't really take anything for those 3 kills and we had good late game scaling. Ezreal poked I pushed W as sona and they really couldn't handle it. After we got a slight lead I typed something like "how's that macro game working out for you?". The Illaoi was pretty angry. We eventually won not really losing any fights since the Illaoi was shut down. Into the post game the guy playing Illaoi was obviously pretty tilted but we started talking and he got progressively less angry. Sometimes people just need a few minutes to get untilted and back to who they really are. After a few minutes they apologized and they ended up adding me. Most of the kids that only are only purposely toxic move onto to the next game very quickly because they don't have the attention span to hold a real conversation...so I find most long post game lobbies to be fun conversations.
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Aphrolift,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r61YdBr1,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-06-09T18:25:24.123+0000) > > I've had mostly the opposite experience in those long conversations in the after the game lobbies. > > Maybe it has something to do with what you put out? Usually they come into the post game lobby angry and tilted from losing or w/e. But, when I end up talking to them for a couple minutes, they tend to calm down. > > Just as an example: > I remember recently I played against this Illaoi and she was very fed in lane went like 5/0. Illaoi was typing a lot in all chat and I happened to be duo with our top lane. It took 3 guys for us to shut him down but with a few communication lines we were able to kill him without anybody dying. I used the Sona ult to kill him two of the times and he's like "NICE ULT ON 1 GUY SONA". I'm like "Thanks.". Then he goes on to talk about how his team will "out-macro" mine and win if we keep playing like that. > > To be fair if his team was a little better that might have happened but as it turns out they didn't really take anything for those 3 kills and we had good late game scaling. Ezreal poked I pushed W as sona and they really couldn't handle it. After we got a slight lead I typed something like "how's that macro game working out for you?". The Illaoi was pretty angry. We eventually won not really losing any fights since the Illaoi was shut down. > > Into the post game the guy playing Illaoi was obviously pretty tilted but we started talking and he got progressively less angry. Sometimes people just need a few minutes to get untilted and back to who they really are. After a few minutes they apologized and they ended up adding me. > > Most of the kids that only are only purposely toxic move onto to the next game very quickly because they don't have the attention span to hold a real conversation...so I find most long post game lobbies to be fun conversations. Most aren't going to stick around and try to work out their differences. Props to you for doing that. That's something most people don't do. That and just how you go about doing **that** in the first place might not be clear to everyone. People have a hard time keeping cool in those situations. Again, props to you. That's an incredibly healthy trait to have and one that I'm currently working at. I doubt you did much to change that Illaoi's overall behavior. Anyhow, every bit counts and not everyone is going to be as outwardly caring as you were.
: > [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r61YdBr1,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-09T18:16:36.804+0000) > > If this was true for everyone I’d still have a hard time understanding just what it proves. It would show how bias the statement "this playerbase is so mean" is.
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Aphrolift,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r61YdBr1,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-09T18:40:15.378+0000) > > It would show how bias the statement "this playerbase is so mean" is. Correlation does not equate to causation. That's something you'll learn in statistics if you ever decide to take it. I don't really see how that proves bias in the statement that you cited. I mean, what he said is sorta true. Maybe you meant that by _not remembering_ positive/neutral situations he is somehow reinforcing the negative behavior of **other** players? If so, I don't think many people expect others to play internet therapist. They have ZERO reason try to solve other's insecurity/anger/frustration issues. They'd just be subjecting themselves to unwanted emotional strain and/or dedicating time that'd be better put into focusing on trying to win the game. The only time it'd even be remotely close to a good idea would be if the individual in question plans on becoming a therapist/psychologist/etc... Or maybe they just enjoy the feeling of being in control of others. Some therapist/psychologists go into their field for that very reason. They're control freaks, but helpful control freaks.
: > Why is this playerbase so mean? You remember the players who are mean to you. You do not remember the **far larger** number of players who are neutral/nice to you.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r61YdBr1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-09T15:23:40.468+0000) > > You remember the players who are mean to you. You do not remember the **far larger** number of players who are neutral/nice to you. If this was true for everyone I’d still have a hard time understanding just what it proves.
Haziv (EUW)
: If Voliber will look like this after his rework ...
: Their still nerfing Tahm support LMFAO
What's wrong with kicking a dead dog?
: that sounds terrible sorry to hear that but forgive my curiosity how do you contract that disease?
> [{quoted}](name=oriannashutsdown,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rVWe7yEg,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-06T16:59:36.900+0000) > > that sounds terrible sorry to hear that > but forgive my curiosity how do you contract that disease? You can use google for more information but here: "Typically, the infection enters the body through a break in the skin such as a cut or burn.[3] Risk factors include poor immune function such as from diabetes or cancer, obesity, alcoholism, intravenous drug use, and peripheral artery disease." "More than 70% of cases are recorded in people with at least one of these clinical situations: immunosuppression, diabetes, alcoholism/drug abuse/smoking, malignancies, and chronic systemic diseases. For reasons that are unclear, it occasionally occurs in people with an apparently normal general condition." It is usually contracted through a break in the skin as OP has said or a burn. It is most common in older folks. It is very rare in younger folks which is what makes this case particularly tragic. The types of bacteria that causes this type of infection are very common(Yes, there are several types of bacteria capable of causing necrotizing fasciitis). Most individuals, though, don't get infected hence why 70% of the cases are in those with other clinical situations. There are several types of infections, all caused by bacteria except for the fourth. The fourth appears to be caused by fungus. Good handwashing and proper wound care are the preventative measures. If infection sets in despite both of those, it is important to catch it early to decrease the likelihood that amputation will be considered/carried out. The death rate also goes up by the hour if it is left alone. Removal of decayed and healthy tissue both in and surrounding the area of infection is routinely carried out in those with necrotizing fasciitis. The early infection might appear as a growing red/purple blotch (Bruise-like) on the skin which will then begin to darken before turning black. Sadly, sometimes individuals are sent in for imaging and the machines used to scan/other the infected area do not find anything to be very wrong. It infects about 1000 individuals in the USA a year and kill about 1/4 of those infected with it. In rare cases, death occurs between 12 and 24 hours after the infection develops.
: > [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JAEW1pGm,comment-id=000e0001,timestamp=2019-06-05T21:01:28.097+0000) > > I think that's your perception of it. > > If he were unbanned he probably wouldn't flame anymore. The same goes for most everyone who writes an apology for their behavior after being banned. But does that mean that they're not all blatant last-ditch attempts? Of course not. They still are and some of them are pretty dang annoying. > > But here's the thing, if they started unbanning folks who wrote an apology they'd be opening the floodgates to extra work and an extra chance. Mods/other would have to review a fair bit of these 'appeals' and decide whether or not to accept or reject them. That and the flamers would probably take their extra, last chance for granted. > > Edit: Ignore this. Your rather mild response triggered him. He'd probably keep flaming if he were given that last chance. Concerning your edit: Perhaps I would have, that's why I never stated I wanted my original account back. Yes I did submit a ticket for reasons I will not state, but have since told Riot to ignore that ticket. I have already almost reached honor 3 on a new account that's sub 30 because I HAVE been taking the actions to be a better player. The point of the permaban is to make you realize how toxic you were and make you feel the loss of all the money you spent. It's an investment that you don't see a return on unless you are able to access the account. This is why most people beg for accounts back. I already made a new one and moved on. They didn't permanently ban me the person from the game like they did Tyler1 a couple years ago, so that in and of itself is Riot's way of providing a quote unquote second chance. Any investment I make now, I'll have to protect. And that starts with being a better person. #TriggerProof
> [{quoted}](name=EyesOfTheFox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JAEW1pGm,comment-id=000e00010000,timestamp=2019-06-05T21:23:52.368+0000) > > Concerning your edit: Perhaps I would have, that's why I never stated I wanted my original account back. Yes I did submit a ticket for reasons I will not state, but have since told Riot to ignore that ticket. I have already almost reached honor 3 on a new account that's sub 30 because I HAVE been taking the actions to be a better player. The point of the permaban is to make you feel the loss of all the money you spent. It's an investment that you don't see a return on unless you are able to access the account. This is why most people beg for accounts back. I already made a new one and moved on. Any investment I make now, I'll have to protect. And that starts with being a better person. #TriggerProof Not so sure about that #TriggerProof thing given your responses in the thread. Anyhow, you gave me a trigger proof response. Thanks for that. Best of luck with your reform either way
: > [{quoted}](name=Light Burner,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JAEW1pGm,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-06-05T14:13:48.999+0000) > > Why would you post this? So many people believe you're actually apologizing that its sad. If you were perma banned that means you were chat banned for 10 games, 25 games and banned for 14 days prior to this and still continued to be aggressive towards others. Now you're coming on here after the 4th punishment of the exact same thing you got punished for 3 times prior and saying you're sorry? > > What you're really after is stated in your last paragraph, "ask if there is any way for you to offer me a second chance to prove that you are all deserving of better treatment from me". If you wanted to prove something prove it to yourself because the people you hurt in games you already hurt theyre long gone you wont ever see them again. So if you wanted to bring a positive attitude do it in game not on the board with words. It's addressed to the community as a whole. Maybe a person I did flame sees this. Maybe they care, maybe they don't. Maybe they're celebrating. Who knows. I've already moved on and have started to better myself regardless of what you feel my intentions are. To think I haven't done otherwise, or to think I'm trying to beg for my account back, you are highly mistaken. I have already taken those steps without your permission, because you're right. Put my money where my mouth is. My new account is sub 30 and I'm already almost honor 3. Thanks for responding though, because it has made me think about the way things are worded and how they can be misinterpreted. :)
> [{quoted}](name=EyesOfTheFox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JAEW1pGm,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-06-05T21:04:50.115+0000) > > It's addressed to the community as a whole. Maybe a person I did flame sees this. Maybe they care, maybe they don't. Maybe they're celebrating. Who knows. I've already moved on and have started to better myself regardless of what you feel my intentions are. To think I haven't done otherwise, or to think I'm trying to beg for my account back, you are highly mistaken. I have already taken those steps without your permission. If you didn't really feel bad when you were flaming folks, chances are the only thing you feel bad about now is being banned. Not any destruction that your outbursts might've caused. And if you did feel bad when you were flaming folks, you wouldn't have done it. The same goes for the rest of the flamers.
: > [{quoted}](name=La Belle Sauvage,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JAEW1pGm,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-06-05T19:02:22.634+0000) > > This line: > > "I am truly sorry and ask if there is any way for you to offer me **a second chance to prove that _you are all deserving_ of better treatment from me,** and help me to become a better person through being positive together." > > Undoes everything you were trying to accomplish. > > Not sure if you are intentionally arrogant or not but regardless it's clear you're not sincere. It's unfortunate you feel that way, as I have already started to take these steps without your permission. And while yes literally they did give me a few chances over the many years, I meant it moreso from a new account perspective, because that's what it took to actually make me realize that the fuck I had been doing. Thanks for taking the time to respond none the less :)
> [{quoted}](name=EyesOfTheFox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JAEW1pGm,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2019-06-05T20:53:36.526+0000) > > It's unfortunate you feel that way, as I have already started to take these steps without your permission. And while yes literally they did give me a few chances over the many years, I meant it moreso from a new account perspective, because that's what it took to actually make me realize that the fuck I had been doing. Thanks for taking the time to respond none the less :) Good luck with your reform. :)
: This line: "I am truly sorry and ask if there is any way for you to offer me **a second chance to prove that _you are all deserving_ of better treatment from me,** and help me to become a better person through being positive together." Undoes everything you were trying to accomplish. Not sure if you are intentionally arrogant or not but regardless it's clear you're not sincere.
> [{quoted}](name=La Belle Sauvage,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JAEW1pGm,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-06-05T19:02:22.634+0000) > > This line: > > "I am truly sorry and ask if there is any way for you to offer me **a second chance to prove that _you are all deserving_ of better treatment from me,** and help me to become a better person through being positive together." > > Undoes everything you were trying to accomplish. > > Not sure if you are intentionally arrogant or not but regardless it's clear you're not sincere. I think that's your perception of it. If he were unbanned he probably wouldn't flame anymore. The same goes for most everyone who writes an apology for their behavior after being banned. But does that mean that they're not all blatant last-ditch attempts? Of course not. They still are and some of them are pretty dang annoying. But here's the thing, if they started unbanning folks who wrote an apology they'd be opening the floodgates to extra work and an extra chance. Mods/other would have to review a fair bit of these 'appeals' and decide whether or not to accept or reject them. That and the flamers would probably take their extra, last chance for granted. Edit: Ignore this. Your rather mild response triggered him. He'd probably keep flaming if he were given that last chance.
ZaFishbone (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JAEW1pGm,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-05T05:08:54.951+0000) > > It'd be pretty funny to see a society where no one makes amends for aggression bc they think it makes them look stronger. > > Anyhow, I think the strongest thing is calm, self-control. It'll get you further in life than being impulsive will. The strongest thing depends entirely on the situation you are in. If some lone guy is beating up your girlfriend in front of you, I doubt the strongest things are calm and self-control.
> [{quoted}](name=ZaFishbone,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JAEW1pGm,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-06-05T08:02:39.273+0000) > > The strongest thing depends entirely on the situation you are in. If some lone guy is beating up your girlfriend in front of you, I doubt the strongest things are calm and self-control. I am well aware that it is situation-dependent. What I should have said was that being calm will be much more beneficial nearly all of the time.
: Don't apologize. Apologizing has bred the weak nanny state we now live in.
> [{quoted}](name=SovereignMammal,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JAEW1pGm,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-05T04:23:19.771+0000) > > Don't apologize. > Apologizing has bred the weak nanny state we now live in. It'd be pretty funny to see a society where no one makes amends for aggression bc they think it makes them look stronger. Anyhow, I think the strongest thing is calm, self-control. It'll get you further in life than being impulsive will.
: > [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ty2MPmEc,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-06-03T19:39:32.867+0000) > > Most people don't believe it's a sport because it isn't. It's classified as an eSport in today's world. The difference being the medium not the nature of it being a sport. . This argument is just not valid when the subject is covered on ESPN and about to gain olympic medal recognition. In every way except for the medium played, esports function as traditional sports. > And against your word, most folks who play league are casual players. And further yet, most don't even bother with ranked. > Not sure where this false info comes from because if you want to go through archives riot games states in an ask riot that over 60% of players are ranked players. This is true in other games and people seem to instinctively carry it over with them from other games because alot of time it is true. Here it isnt. > "Were still semi-stuck in the era of "games can't be sports" but that will pass with time as it has." > I don't think that time passing equates to a specific outcome. > Anyhow, the whole deal with chess proves you right in a way. Except chess is called a non-contact sport, sorta like video game sports have their own term -- eSports. It's just the public's opinion of eSports isn't all that great. It's number fans aren't anywhere near the number of football fans. Most just don't care for it. > Chess being a 1v1 sport is different in the fact that only one you can lose for is yourself. Contact or not, any sport that is based around a team will not tolerate losing the game for the sake of "fun". Especially when options for "fun" are already available. If you go to the rec center and they have the "everyone can partipate and everyone wins" league and the "travelling league that goes place to place to compete", you can probably guess which one you should sign up for if you want to have more fun than compete. Your take on fan count is also extremely just skewed. The NFL not just football itself was founded 99.5 years ago... Estimate put pro esports overtaking the nfl in viewership by 2025 which is insane when you realize that's just 2 decades of existence total compared to a century. This trend will only accelerate as the "e-sport isn't a sport" crowd for the lack of better words dies off by generation. E-sports viewership has already surpassed many traditional sports as it is. I think the NBA and NFL are the only ones ahead of it actually. > That isn't going to stop them. No amount of 'don't do this!' is going to change them. If Riot ever wants ranked to remain a purely-competitive environment they'll have to create an entirely separate, more formal mode for it. I'd suggest paying for a season pass or some junk to get in and upping the rewards or something to weed out less dedicated players. Like I said, if people accept the risk they should go for it. However, they then know that substantially decreasing the odds to win for the sake of fun will not be tolerated by their peers.
> [{quoted}](name=I Play This Game,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ty2MPmEc,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-06-03T20:34:27.675+0000) > > The difference being the medium not the nature of it being a sport. . This argument is just not valid when the subject is covered on ESPN and about to gain olympic medal recognition. In every way except for the medium played, esports function as traditional sports. > > Not sure where this false info comes from because if you want to go through archives riot games states in an ask riot that over 60% of players are ranked players. This is true in other games and people seem to instinctively carry it over with them from other games because alot of time it is true. Here it isnt. > > Chess being a 1v1 sport is different in the fact that only one you can lose for is yourself. Contact or not, any sport that is based around a team will not tolerate losing the game for the sake of "fun". Especially when options for "fun" are already available. If you go to the rec center and they have the "everyone can partipate and everyone wins" league and the "travelling league that goes place to place to compete", you can probably guess which one you should sign up for if you want to have more fun than compete. > > Your take on fan count is also extremely just skewed. The NFL not just football itself was founded 99.5 years ago... Estimate put pro esports overtaking the nfl in viewership by 2025 which is insane when you realize that's just 2 decades of existence total compared to a century. This trend will only accelerate as the "e-sport isn't a sport" crowd for the lack of better words dies off by generation. E-sports viewership has already surpassed many traditional sports as it is. I think the NBA and NFL are the only ones ahead of it actually. > > Like I said, if people accept the risk they should go for it. However, they then know that substantially decreasing the odds to win for the sake of fun will not be tolerated by their peers. It's a valid distinction for now. Sports /= eSports in the eyes of everyone, albeit the function is the same as you said -- Entertainment. And as new generations enter the world, the view will change. It's growing. I'm on the same page as you here. Are you talking about active ranked players or just players who are ranked? Anyhow, a link would definitely appreciated. I got my info from a mod post that I read a while back and I guess they've been wrong before. Until then, I guess neither of us are really correct. I mentioned something about neurosis and flame really not having much of a place in a competitive setting when directed at teammates. Anyhow, I think we should honestly have a completely separate ranked mode for individuals who desire the competitive experience you crave. I am well aware of the fact. The thing is that I'm sorta right about eSports /= Sports because we're in the present, not the future. And viewership does not equate to the changing of public opinion. It definitely leads in that direction though. I mentioned something about neurosis and flame really not having much of a place in a competitive setting. Just an easy, quick way to vent one's frustration. Again, they further ruin their own game. That and the line between bad game(or even one bad play) and 'bad-player-who-only-plays-for-''fUn'' is a line drawn pretty thin. And then there's also that bit where some players just have more fun winning. I mean, we all enjoy it. Some just take it a lot more seriously and because of that, are going to get frustrated when they feel like victory is slipping from their grasp because of X person. But flaming that individual isn't going to help them and they don't recognize that because... Neurosis. And flaming isn't going to stop all those players from coming back(it really isn't going to ruin their day to that degree. it's just not very pleasant). Not to mention most flamers in ranked have been flamed and made to feel bad themselves over not playing well (we all have bad games and some people have more bad games than others!). There's really only a few people who can successfully put up with and completely ignore flamers. ie they don't feel pressured or anything by the flamer or maybe they just move on REALLY quickly I think that measure of skill and flame are two different character traits that might be positively/negatively correlated. We should probably stop conflating them. Lots of people do not flame very much although I am sure most people have at least talked back to others from time to time. When we are talking about flamers we are talking about the hardcore ones that do it enough to get penalized I think. AGAIN: I think the best solution to this situation would be to just create a separate ranked division where you have to pay to get in, which would weed out a lot of the bad, undedicated players. Pair that with a better ban system and it'd be perfect in my opinion. And also keep the flame leniency there is in ranked and maybe even add more leniency. What do you think ?
: This basically boils down to the "game" vs "sport" argument. Many people believe League of Legends as a whole is designed to function as a sport. Then you have those who insist "its just a game, games are for fun". Honestly, I'm with the sport crowd, I think going into a ranked game mode in league and expected to play with the mindset of "it's just a game' will get you flamed. It's just all there is to it. Join your local basketball league and tell them your throwing the game because it's a game and games are supposed to be fun. Your going to get kicked out. That's all there is to it. For some reason the GAME of basketball is a sport that needs to be taken seriously while the GAME of league of legends is not. Were still semi-stuck in the era of "games can't be sports" but that will pass with time as it has. Hell even that playground game "four-square" is a division collegiate sport now.... but league isn't a sport for why??? People who want to play the game exclusively for fun should be in the designated game-modes designed for non-competetive play. That is going to be Aram, Rotating Modes, Co-op and Blind Pick. Picking another mode will get you flamed for "trolling" under the guise of "its just a game". That's all their is to it. If you accept the risk than fine, play ranked but don't complain about toxicity.
> [{quoted}](name=I Play This Game,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ty2MPmEc,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-03T18:28:53.503+0000) > > This basically boils down to the "game" vs "sport" argument. Many people believe League of Legends as a whole is designed to function as a sport. Then you have those who insist "its just a game, games are for fun". > > Honestly, I'm with the sport crowd, I think going into a ranked game mode in league and expected to play with the mindset of "it's just a game' will get you flamed. It's just all there is to it. Join your local basketball league and tell them your throwing the game because it's a game and games are supposed to be fun. Your going to get kicked out. That's all there is to it. For some reason the GAME of basketball is a sport that needs to be taken seriously while the GAME of league of legends is not. Were still semi-stuck in the era of "games can't be sports" but that will pass with time as it has. > > Hell even that playground game "four-square" is a division collegiate sport now.... but league isn't a sport for why??? > > People who want to play the game exclusively for fun should be in the designated game-modes designed for non-competetive play. That is going to be Aram, Rotating Modes, Co-op and Blind Pick. Picking another mode will get you flamed for "trolling" under the guise of "its just a game". That's all their is to it. If you accept the risk than fine, play ranked but don't complain about toxicity. Most people don't believe it's a sport because it isn't. It's classified as an eSport in today's world. And against your word, most folks who play league are casual players. And further yet, most don't even bother with ranked. League's system provides extra leniency for those individuals who get easily frustrated at the thought of possibly losing a ranked game. They acknowledge that it's a more tense realm to play in and I agree with them. Those angry ranked players deserve some amount of leniency. Anyhow, those flamers actually decrease their chances of winning by flaming their teammates. They further ruin their own games. And there's a term for when someone works against their goals due to the presence of strong emotion -- Neurosis. "Were still semi-stuck in the era of "games can't be sports" but that will pass with time as it has." I don't think that time passing equates to a specific outcome. Anyhow, the whole deal with chess proves you right in a way. Except chess is called a non-contact sport, sorta like video game sports have their own term -- eSports. It's just the public's opinion of eSports isn't all that great. It's number fans aren't anywhere near the number of football fans. Most just don't care for it. To expand, when someone says sports, most people's brains are going to shoot to some amount of physical contact and/or interacting with your environment in a VERY physical way. Ex: Displacing large amounts of water by swimming, not moving chess pieces with three fingers. That isn't going to stop them. No amount of 'don't do this!' is going to change them. If Riot ever wants ranked to remain a purely-competitive environment they'll have to create an entirely separate, more formal mode for it. I'd suggest paying for a season pass or some junk to get in and upping the rewards or something to weed out less dedicated players.
: I dont get it have you guys never played a football match? Been in a high school basketball match? The better players are always making fun of the worse ones for making mistakes, its fucking normal Edit: Example, nobody shouts 'kys %%%%%%' at someone who didnt save a shot but they do say 'man your garbage wake up', that much is allowed
> [{quoted}](name=FiveAneurysms,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ty2MPmEc,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-03T17:51:08.757+0000) > > I dont get it have you guys never played a football match? Been in a high school basketball match? The better players are always making fun of the worse ones for making mistakes, its fucking normal There's this thing called sportsmanship. And then there's the fact that this is an online video game which most folks play for fun (even in ranked...). Also, Highschool sports folks are usually pretty annoying people to be around. Or at least I've never known one that didn't have a hyper-inflated sense of self-importance.
: League Toxicity
Simple, straight-to-the point post. I like it.
: ffs ff @15 The fact that you can read the above and understand it no problem is amazing
> [{quoted}](name=Relax I am noob,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=ONvdrx93,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-06-03T10:02:03.153+0000) > > ffs ff @15 > > The fact that you can read the above and understand it no problem is amazing That wasn’t very nice of you
: Nah. When they say it in high elo they're subconsciously recognizing the fact they got their rank from abusing a handful of champions. That they don't have the skill to fill basically every role and change champions every new meta the way the actually good players, the pros, do. :^)
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lXvPqFHE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-03T08:24:21.487+0000) > > Nah. When they say it in high elo they're subconsciously recognizing the fact they got their rank from abusing a handful of champions. That they don't have the skill to fill basically every role and change champions every new meta the way the actually good players, the pros, do. > :^) I’m just standing here wondering what is up with that face at the end “ :^)
Manxxom (NA)
: When you see a post about yuumi being bad and another about her being strong right next to eachother
: "mad cuz bad" is pretty hilarious
I think you're overthinking this one. What if someone says stuff like this in high elo OR if they are high elo but their teammates are in low elos. Or maybe that the matchup wasn't in their favor yet they still won... Lots of what-ifs. I think they're angry people, and taking their frustration out on others is the more attractive option in their eyes... They want immediate relief from that frusteration and flaming others is going to provide some. Note: That frustration coming from the thought of possibly losing the game
: Rofl you are a hypocrite. You better ban my account again for disagreeing with a mod and calling out mods for double standards and hypocrisy.
> [{quoted}](name=teto god supp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2slTOuEE,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-01T22:45:44.704+0000) > > Rofl you are a hypocrite. > > You better ban my account again for disagreeing with a mod and calling out mods for double standards and hypocrisy. "You better ban my account again for disagreeing with a mod and calling out mods for double standards and hypocrisy." Uhhh... How do we know that you aren't lying about something? I don't really trust when someone says something like this in an argument on the internet.
Spekkıo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=000c0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-02T02:48:33.205+0000) > > I believe that being an asshole is on some level, a choice. Besides, most folks who flame aren't good at what they do. They're just pathetic and annoying. > > One's being an asshole and making others feel like shit to try and bolster their ego. The other is the group that makes up the social majority and it turns out that they don't enjoy being flamed. Most of them aren't masochists. Most of them are also pretty decent/upstanding people. > > And as you probably know, flamers don't like being flamed either. > > Was that you trying to be clever? This is a common trope that's born out of the need to try and weaken the people you see as being in the wrong, that they're inferior players. This is simply not true, there's nothing to support this statistically speaking. Jensen was notorious for being a toxic asshole and he's one of the best mid laners in the world. There have been other toxic pro players who just get pushed out of the limelight or strongarmed into reformation because that's not the type of person/player Riot wants to promote at any level because of their ideology. And yes, to some degree, being an asshole is a choice and to some degree, it isn't and you need to be aware that you're only choosing to highlight that one side when you make an argument like this. People choose to emphasize to what degree a person has absolute control over their demeanor even though every orifice of human history is littered with lessons that run contrary to this belief. People steal. People cheat. People kill. People lie. People push genocide. People are racist. People are bigots. Etc... And no 'the other' isn't a group that makes up the social majority. That's why we have Trump in the first place. That's why PC culture and identity politics is considered fringe left, not mainstream left. You're not the majority anywhere other than social media. I'm a flamer and of course I don't 'like' being flamed. Well, maybe sometimes I do. Some people can be pretty funny in the way they go about insulting you. But I also don't need to advocate for that person to have their account stripped away. I'd rather call 'em a %%%% or whatever seems appropriate and move on. I know they, just like myself, are suffering from bad environment. Maybe they had one too many games that just didn't tilt in their favor. Maybe they had one too many team mates that just wouldn't listen to pings or coordinate or kept picking at them. Maybe they had a bad life, altogether, and they weren't raised properly and they weren't socialized properly or they suffered some real psychological shit throughout their life, etc... There's an infinite number of variables that can come into play for why one person has all their shit together and has this idea that everyone should have their shit together if they can do it and why some people just don't and can't and they need to express to others. Now League of Legends is only half of the game you play when you queue up. The other half is trying to avoid being baited into doing or saying absolutely anything that might get you punished by the system because practically everyone is trying to troll you into acting out so they can report you. There's nothing healthy about this environment or the people that it breeds.
> [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=000c00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-02T04:21:34.363+0000) > > This is a common trope that's born out of the need to try and weaken the people you see as being in the wrong, that they're inferior players. This is simply not true, there's nothing to support this statistically speaking. > > Jensen was notorious for being a toxic asshole and he's one of the best mid laners in the world. There have been other toxic pro players who just get pushed out of the limelight or strongarmed into reformation because that's not the type of person/player Riot wants to promote at any level because of their ideology. > > And yes, to some degree, being an asshole is a choice and to some degree, it isn't and you need to be aware that you're only choosing to highlight that one side when you make an argument like this. > > People choose to emphasize to what degree a person has absolute control over their demeanor even though every orifice of human history is littered with lessons that run contrary to this belief. > > People steal. > People cheat. > People kill. > People lie. > People push genocide. > People are racist. > People are bigots. > Etc... > > And no 'the other' isn't a group that makes up the social majority. That's why we have Trump in the first place. That's why PC culture and identity politics is considered fringe left, not mainstream left. You're not the majority anywhere other than social media. > > I'm a flamer and of course I don't 'like' being flamed. Well, maybe sometimes I do. Some people can be pretty funny in the way they go about insulting you. But I also don't need to advocate for that person to have their account stripped away. I'd rather call 'em a %%%% or whatever seems appropriate and move on. > > I know they, just like myself, are suffering from bad environment. Maybe they had one too many games that just didn't tilt in their favor. Maybe they had one too many team mates that just wouldn't listen to pings or coordinate or kept picking at them. Maybe they had a bad life, altogether, and they weren't raised properly and they weren't socialized properly or they suffered some real psychological shit throughout their life, etc... There's an infinite number of variables that can come into play for why one person has all their shit together and has this idea that everyone should have their shit together if they can do it and why some people just don't and can't and they need to express to others. > > Now League of Legends is only half of the game you play when you queue up. The other half is trying to avoid being baited into doing or saying absolutely anything that might get you punished by the system because practically everyone is trying to troll you into acting out so they can report you. There's nothing healthy about this environment or the people that it breeds. I didn't mean that they were inferior players when it came to playing the game. I was talking about the little psychology game that they try and play. They suck at it. I don't know where you got this bit. I think it's just you trying to plaster me with unsavory labels. I am more than open to new ideas if you have the facts to back them up. If you'd like to read my earlier post on this thread, I agree with you. Genes and the environment we are raised in are what makes our personalities. The way I think of it, genes are like shelved books and everyone has a different collection of those books. And if a certain situation occurs in the early, formative years of development, x book gets un-shelved and opened. An example of this would be the set of genes known as warrior genes. If a kid has a bunch of those and they are exposed to abuse during those early, formative years, they those books come off the bookshelf and become apart of the kid's personality. Something such as this might result in aggression being the ruling emotion in their lives. But the good news is that therapy can help and improve aggressive behavior. The bad news is that society is not going to care much for you otherwise. Majority rules. Harsh, isn't it? Note: I should also add that there are folks who are just too sensitive. They should see a therapist, too. I'll also add that every individual needs some level of 'accommodation' or 'babying.' The only individuals who really aren't going to need any of that are those with psychopathology, really. And speaking of, you might be interested in their (widely) misunderstood disorder. They do that aggression thing better than anyone else. They're also pretty much the most level-headed people on the face of the planet. You could share opinions that are oppose their own all day long and they aren't gonna give a single damn about you unless they can gain something by being close to you. That thing might just be entertainment or something far more sinister... Anyhow, here's an internet one that has me convinced: https://www.quora.com/profile/Athena-Walker They're pretty fun to read about too. I think I sorta knew that people do all those things. Trump supporters are usually more aggressive? I'm a bit confused at what you're getting at here. We're talking about aggression, not whatever it is you're thinking about. Most Trump supporters aren't aggressive people. Most lefties are well-grounded people. The loud ones are the folks you always hear about in the news and see lurking around social media. It's annoying. Speaking of, facts hurt. Like the fact that African countries have lower IQs than the rest of the world. Like the fact that poverty impacts one's ability to properly pursue an education. Education matters, but basic needs matter more. Schools there aren't really the best either. Not to mention IQ tests have been found to be incredibly inaccurate time and time again. They are by no means an accurate measure of intelligence. One study found that individuals improved their scores by up to 20 points by being offered just 10 whole bucks if they were able to successfully improve their scores. But what should be done about that situation? I don't really know. It's not really fair to give leniency in this situation via college grants/whatnot. But it works. Maybe *they* just need to toughen up and find away around that unfairness. But again, I don't really know. It's a bit harsh, but I still think it's fine for them to have their account stripped away. They agreed to the games terms and didn't follow em. Rules are rules. I agree with all of what you said here. Albeit, do have to add that most damage seems to occur before the age of 5 when those 'books' are being opened or left on the shelf. I think competitive games in general are going to attract more aggressive individuals.
Spekkıo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=000c00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-01T23:25:28.817+0000) > > If they want to be vindictive round the clock, they're going to go elsewhere and/or troll on forums. It sucks when you lose what you worked for and flamers are no different. They're going to feel loss, and an anger towards riot that goes that far probably ain't gonna be what boils to the surface. If it is what boils to the surface they need help VERY badly. I just can't really fathom such an individual functioning very well in our real-world society. Personally-speaking, I'd rather spend my days with people who call others shitters in video games for doing poorly than spend an hour with someone who rallies behind a movement to silence and censor people whose opinions they can't seem to handle. One's just being an asshole in a bad situation. The other is a dangerous unsocialized person who can't cope with peoples' opinions.
> [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=000c000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-02T00:06:30.576+0000) > > Personally-speaking, I'd rather spend my days with people who call others shitters in video games for doing poorly than spend an hour with someone who rallies behind a movement to silence and censor people whose opinions they can't seem to handle. > > One's just being an asshole in a bad situation. The other is a dangerous unsocialized person who can't cope with peoples' opinions. I believe that being an asshole is on some level, a choice. Besides, most folks who flame aren't good at what they do. They're just pathetic and annoying. One's being an asshole and making others feel like shit to try and bolster their ego. The other is the group that makes up the social majority and it turns out that they don't enjoy being flamed. Most of them aren't masochists. Most of them are also pretty decent/upstanding people. And as you probably know, flamers don't like being flamed either. Was that you trying to be clever?
: > [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-06-01T18:57:11.285+0000) > > Actually, people who get their first account banned usually don't come back. It's pretty nasty losing all your progress and having to get all those champions/skins that you lost. Riot confirmed this apparently. > > "People who buy skins and get their accounts suspended even have a way of transferring skins to seperate accounts, in effect losing nothing and so the cycle continues." > I have some bad news. Whoever told you this lied to you. Would you like to know how?
> [{quoted}](name=FiveAneurysms,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=000c00000001,timestamp=2019-06-01T22:29:13.114+0000) > > Would you like to know how? I'd love to see proof. I really don't take a person's word for it on the internet.
Spekkıo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=000c000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-01T22:26:22.794+0000) > > We don’t know whether or not Riot is lying about it. You’re right. You also don’t know if they’re stealing your private information each time you make a purchase so you better be more careful. > > Anyhow, the statistic Riot gave makes sense to me. If a folk loves flaming that much they’ll probably just find another game that isn’t league to flame in. Having to start over and over is tedious with league’s system. You'd be surprised at just how vindictive people can be. I mean it's the entire reason we have this system in the first place. People got upset that they couldn't negatively impact people that were negatively impacting them and now they get to cost those people potentially large amounts of money and time because they had to sit in a game for 20 or 30 minutes and hear them say something that they were offended by. The entire philosophy pushing the system forward is grounded in being a worse person than the people you're pretending to out as bad people, not better. When I started playing League and sunk large sums of money into it, it wasn't like this. There was no report function. You'd just mute whoever you didn't like hearing from and that was the end of it and it worked just fine. But some people can't do that and feel as though their inconveniences are more important than they are so they use someone else's falling prey to their emotional whims as a means to justify their equally bad or worse behavior.
> [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=000c0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-01T23:02:51.171+0000) > > You'd be surprised at just how vindictive people can be. > > I mean it's the entire reason we have this system in the first place. > > People got upset that they couldn't negatively impact people that were negatively impacting them and now they get to cost those people potentially large amounts of money and time because they had to sit in a game for 20 or 30 minutes and hear them say something that they were offended by. > > The entire philosophy pushing the system forward is grounded in being a worse person than the people you're pretending to out as bad people, not better. > > When I started playing League and sunk large sums of money into it, it wasn't like this. There was no report function. > > You'd just mute whoever you didn't like hearing from and that was the end of it and it worked just fine. > > But some people can't do that and feel as though their inconveniences are more important than they are so they use someone else's falling prey to their emotional whims as a means to justify their equally bad or worse behavior. If they want to be vindictive round the clock, they're going to go elsewhere and/or troll on forums. It sucks when you lose what you worked for and flamers are no different. They're going to feel loss, and an anger towards riot that goes that far probably ain't gonna be what boils to the surface. If it is what boils to the surface they need help VERY badly. I just can't really fathom such an individual functioning very well in our real-world society.
Spekkıo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-06-01T18:57:11.285+0000) > > Actually, people who get their first account banned usually don't come back. It's pretty nasty losing all your progress and having to get all those champions/skins that you lost. Riot confirmed this apparently. > > "People who buy skins and get their accounts suspended even have a way of transferring skins to seperate accounts, in effect losing nothing and so the cycle continues." > I have some bad news. Whoever told you this lied to you. Probably another statistic that Riot's lying about, to be honest, similar to the "if you're not toxic you win more games" non-sense. Ideologues will fabricate just about anything to try and convince people that they're doing good. The only thing losing my original account ended up doing was clamping down my wallet for supporting Riot. I probably spent over a thousand dollars on my original account in the first year I had it. I've maybe spent around a hundred bucks over the span of several other accounts since then. Now I get to basically be the same person I've always been and not pay for it. Great system.
> [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-06-01T22:14:13.454+0000) > > Probably another statistic that Riot's lying about, to be honest, similar to the "if you're not toxic you win more games" non-sense. Ideologues will fabricate just about anything to try and convince people that they're doing good. > > The only thing losing my original account ended up doing was clamping down my wallet for supporting Riot. > > I probably spent over a thousand dollars on my original account in the first year I had it. I've maybe spent around a hundred bucks over the span of several other accounts since then. > > Now I get to basically be the same person I've always been and not pay for it. > > Great system. We don’t know whether or not Riot is lying about it. You’re right. You also don’t know if they’re stealing your private information each time you make a purchase so you better be more careful. Anyhow, the statistic Riot gave makes sense to me. If a folk loves flaming that much they’ll probably just find another game that isn’t league to flame in. Having to start over and over is tedious with league’s system.
: Anyone who gets banned usually just makes a new account and plays on it until their suspension is removed or makes it their new acc if its a ban, its really rare that people flat out quit after a punishment. All this does is send them into the lower elos again but this time their likely more frustrated after losing their account and so, more toxic. This is even worse if someone from a higher elo gets banned because chances are theyre gonna start ranked again and because of that, 'smurf' lower games ruining it for new players or worse players completely. People who buy skins and get their accounts suspended even have a way of transferring skins to seperate accounts, in effect losing nothing and so the cycle continues.
> [{quoted}](name=FiveAneurysms,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-06-01T18:11:16.718+0000) > > Anyone who gets banned usually just makes a new account and plays on it until their suspension is removed or makes it their new acc if its a ban, its really rare that people flat out quit after a punishment. All this does is send them into the lower elos again but this time their likely more frustrated after losing their account and so, more toxic. > This is even worse if someone from a higher elo gets banned because chances are theyre gonna start ranked again and because of that, 'smurf' lower games ruining it for new players or worse players completely. > People who buy skins and get their accounts suspended even have a way of transferring skins to seperate accounts, in effect losing nothing and so the cycle continues. Actually, people who get their first account banned usually don't come back. It's pretty nasty losing all your progress and having to get all those champions/skins that you lost. Riot confirmed this apparently. "People who buy skins and get their accounts suspended even have a way of transferring skins to seperate accounts, in effect losing nothing and so the cycle continues." I have some bad news. Whoever told you this lied to you.
Jivewolf (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=JivewolfReformed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-06-01T16:49:56.470+0000) > > If you put periods between swe.ar words the system won't catch it lads. But I'm reformed so I don't do that nonsense. Almost honor level 2. That's a really smart idea I should have thought of it lads.
> [{quoted}](name=Jivewolf,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-06-01T16:52:20.792+0000) > > That's a really smart idea I should have thought of it lads. That was pretty cheeky
: this ban system is a failure at reforming toxic people
More children are aggressive than adults? That makes sense to me. At least within the demographic of league and other competitive video games. The caveat being that adults are going to be more capable of causing destruction. You mentioned Psychopaths. Primary Psychopathy/ASPD primarily factor 1 is a widely misunderstood disorder. They're fun to read about. https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2014/05/29/intv-bizview-andy-mcnab-psychopath.cnn (Andy McNab) https://www.quora.com/profile/Athena-Walker (What one writes like. Or at least what someone with exceptionally high cognitive empathy might write like on the internet.)
: i dont think that system was good so it's not reliable it just gave toxics special punishments in hope they reform that's not how people reform children are not inherently toxic they are just more likely to be toxic than adults this reminds me of a similar argument where i said people aren't born nice they learn it and some girl got triggered and said kids aren't psychos, well did i say they were? i didn't, they are all blank pages at that point, all behaviors could be learned but maturity helps control the bad ones
> [{quoted}](name=LuxButt99,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xadncI2Q,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-01T16:03:21.953+0000) > > i dont think that system was good so it's not reliable it just gave toxics special punishments in hope they reform that's not how people reform > > children are not inherently toxic they are just more likely to be toxic than adults > > this reminds me of a similar argument where i said people aren't born nice they learn it and some girl got triggered and said kids aren't psychos, well did i say they were? i didn't, they are all blank pages at that point, all behaviors could be learned but maturity helps control the bad ones Science isn't on your side, Luxbutt69. We currently don't know to what degree both genes and the environment play in our personality. We just know that they play a role. That's all. Tabula Rasa, with the existence of genes, is alone an invalid theory. It's more or less that some kids have certain genes that remain 'shelved' and if certain things happen to them during their formative years they get 'un-shelved' and thereon impact his/her personality. An example would be those warrior genes. If someone with those has the misfortune of experiencing abuse during their early years they could very well turn out to be a train wreck in their adult years. The ruling emotion in their life might be aggression.
: I quit a few months back because damage was too high. How is the current state of the game?
Game is fine. Reading the boards ruins it for some people. Best to hop on for a few games, give it a shot, and then decide for yourself.
: There is no heaven. (in the lore)
I like the thought of a nice, cold void after death. There's just something snug about it although I can't quite put my finger on it.
: League just deleted my other files for no reason!!!
LoL manually removed my system 32. I had to get rid of that laptop. Sold it to a neckbeard who was just trying to get through college again and told him that it just needed to be charged. Rumor had it he went back to living in his mother's basement.
: Sion x Leona best ship
> [{quoted}](name=Kitsune Kawaii,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6ajJW6b5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-31T19:51:11.492+0000) > > Sion x Leona best ship Anyone who says otherwise is pretty much straight up cancerous imo
: >And this got me thinking, is competitive trash talking fine? Well, yeah. Difficulty: "Competitive trash talking" *does not* include BMing your own team. All you're doing there is increasing the likelihood that you lose.
> [{quoted}](name=Karunamon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JdETawAl,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-05-29T14:59:11.102+0000) > > Well, yeah. > > Difficulty: "Competitive trash talking" *does not* include BMing your own team. All you're doing there is increasing the likelihood that you lose. ^This.
Sir Gusi (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=f772wy7G,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-05-28T02:29:01.629+0000) > > No it's just the boards. League is still VERY popular and well-liked. Sorry. > > Yes, these things need fixing but League ain't on some downward spiral like all your ilk make it out to be. Dude look at how many people are leaving the game I don't have stats to post now but all my friends have left and everybody is complaining about the state of the game this meta is shit I'm not gonna lie but that's not the main reason I think it's a lack of things to do look I don't play Dota I'm a die hard LOL fan but they have map skins you can choose your commentators and they can ulter the map Im not saying change summoners rift but give us another map we can play 2 something new like a Hunger games thing or 3 teams just something new.
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Gusi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=f772wy7G,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-29T14:58:20.787+0000) > > Dude look at how many people are leaving the game I don't have stats to post now but all my friends have left and everybody is complaining about the state of the game this meta is shit I'm not gonna lie but that's not the main reason I think it's a lack of things to do look I don't play Dota I'm a die hard LOL fan but they have map skins you can choose your commentators and they can ulter the map Im not saying change summoners rift but give us another map we can play 2 something new like a Hunger games thing or 3 teams just something new. Do you know how many people are joining the game? I don't know that we have statistics for either, really.
: New morde is what I ever wanted in League
My exact thoughts here. Love LOTR but was somewhat disappointed when I didn't find any 'big armored baddie' archetypes aside from morde who was in desperate need of a rework. Might start playing normals again if I enjoy his kit lol
: > [{quoted}](name=kaBw,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=f772wy7G,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-27T19:26:05.512+0000) > > every meta some players scream " this game is bad" Yeah,but a lot more players ''screamed the game is bad'' in this meta.
> [{quoted}](name=TSM Reptilian,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=f772wy7G,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-27T19:31:23.003+0000) > > Yeah,but a lot more players ''screamed the game is bad'' in this meta. No it's just the boards. League is still VERY popular and well-liked. Sorry. Yes, these things need fixing but League ain't on some downward spiral like all your ilk make it out to be.
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=do9EnhW9,comment-id=000800000000000100000001000000000000000100010001,timestamp=2019-05-24T15:42:45.372+0000) > > I told you to stop replying if you cannot manage to stop using an argument that is clearly flawed while blame shifting off the responsible party. You have not only ignored this but are once again attempting to shift the blame of "lacking self control" from yourself to me. I've explained why you are wrong. Repeating your false and flawed argument like a mantra doesn't and will not make it correct. Oh, because it looks like you stated: > I'm not going to address your bullshit. But here you are. I can see why you are against controlling yourself because it appears you cannot.
> [{quoted}](name=I Play This Game,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=do9EnhW9,comment-id=00080000000000010000000100000000000000010001000100000012,timestamp=2019-05-27T01:28:02.966+0000) > > No endgame, no opinion. Sounds good. You take care now.
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=do9EnhW9,comment-id=000800000000000100000001000000000000000100010001,timestamp=2019-05-24T15:42:45.372+0000) > > I told you to stop replying if you cannot manage to stop using an argument that is clearly flawed while blame shifting off the responsible party. You have not only ignored this but are once again attempting to shift the blame of "lacking self control" from yourself to me. I've explained why you are wrong. Repeating your false and flawed argument like a mantra doesn't and will not make it correct. Oh, because it looks like you stated: > I'm not going to address your bullshit. But here you are. I can see why you are against controlling yourself because it appears you cannot.
> [{quoted}](name=I Play This Game,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=do9EnhW9,comment-id=00080000000000010000000100000000000000010001000100000010,timestamp=2019-05-26T23:09:03.600+0000) > > Then like I said, feels bad to be fragile and live in a world of illusions because you don't have sugar on the truth lol. As I said, you can keep blame-shifting if you want and mistaking god knows what for other things.
Show more

Schoenberg

Level 95 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion