Terozu (NA)
: Ascended are just Aspects who took a weird shortcut to power. Aspects also have super human speed, reactions and regeneration.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=j8cHPcNI,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-09-20T05:25:10.099+0000) > > Ascended are just Aspects who took a weird shortcut to power. > > Aspects also have super human speed, reactions and regeneration. Yes, but they are limited to a human body. Aatrox for one was an ascended and even while caged in a sword he was able to kill pantheon. Ascended are more durable than the aspects due to their new ascended forms and each has a specialty. I think Nasus himself can 1 shot lower-tier aspects by just ageing them to death (if they age which I'm not sure on). Azir can just summon endless armies to take them on. Renekton can butcher them to death using his unparalleled physical strength. Finally Xerath, he has a plethora of abilities: he can just use telekinesis, he can use arcane bombardment, or just use his mind-controlled army to fight them. They cant even hurt Xerath since he can fly away and doesn't really have a body. (Oh and if you wanna see an aspect fight Xerath, you should check out pantheons short story)
CadmusRa (NA)
: An interesting tidbit to add to this is that Xerath was also trapped battling Renekton for centuries, or at least until he corrupted his mind and Cassiopeia released them. Would that mean that in his time fighting Xerath, Xerath and Renekton were equal in at least combat power until Xerath went for the mind and not the body?
> [{quoted}](name=CadmusRa,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=j8cHPcNI,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-09-17T02:19:42.904+0000) > > An interesting tidbit to add to this is that Xerath was also trapped battling Renekton for centuries, or at least until he corrupted his mind and Cassiopeia released them. Would that mean that in his time fighting Xerath, Xerath and Renekton were equal in at least combat power until Xerath went for the mind and not the body? I think that Xerath's logic was why kill Renekton when he can turn him into an ally. He knows Nasus can't bring himself to kill his brother so its like Xerath getting his revenge on Nasus.
: [Lore Question] Which would be stronger, A targonian Aspect or Xerath.
> [{quoted}](name=King Braum,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=j8cHPcNI,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-16T07:17:36.510+0000) > > Just a quick tid bit I was thinking off, According to Aurelion Sol, the power of the sun disc is mere a pale imitation of his sun's power. And as far as we know Ascended are inferior in nearly every way to the Aspects. We also know that some Aspects such as DIana can create such powerful artifacts that they hold off countless void hordes while the Shuriman Ascended needed physical armies to preform similar feats. > > On the other side though, Xerath isn't a normal Ascended and actually carries so much power of the sundisc that it drained the disc of it's power and destroyed his body. We also know that on rare occassions such as with Aatrox, a (former) Ascended can both overpower and kill an Aspect such as the aspect of war. > > I dont know, just something to ponder about. The average ascended is not weaker than the average aspect in my opinion. The ascended get super human speed, reactions and regeneration. The aspects however powerful they may be still are limited to a human body. This is why I think the average ascended triumphs over the average aspect. So yeah unless one of the aspects uses some alternative form of magic or does some plotting to make in an unfair fight, Xerath will win 9/10.
Rioter Comments
Jaspers (EUW)
: True. Rhaast can't take over him so easily as he doesn't know how it all works like Aatrox and Kayn know arts he's not familiar with. A demon isn't out to steal a body, it's out to trick the soul. A demon won't fight if it doesn't need to, unlike the Darkin who seem to only know to fight. Aatrox isn't exactly of sound mind, Tahm could make promises that Aatrox thinks are a good deal. ;-)
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EV8FzJ4K,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-09-06T20:55:57.789+0000) > > True. Rhaast can't take over him so easily as he doesn't know how it all works like Aatrox and Kayn know arts he's not familiar with. A demon isn't out to steal a body, it's out to trick the soul. A demon won't fight if it doesn't need to, unlike the Darkin who seem to only know to fight. Aatrox isn't exactly of sound mind, Tahm could make promises that Aatrox thinks are a good deal. ;-) Yeah, but on the topic of Aatrox: his mind is so disturbed that I doubt he is going to be making a deal with anybody. His entire goal is to kill everything so even if Tahm tried to be diplomatic he would probably kill him. Except since Tahm is clever he could trick Aatrox into doing stuff thinking its going to guarantee his freedom if Aatrox would fall for it is up to debate since he got tricked once and I think he has learned from that.
Jaspers (EUW)
: Depends on what demon? Or their goals more precisely. Darkin (Aatrox mainly, rest seem pretty pants) are powerful but seem just raw power, what does that mean really? He can smash a man with a sword? Good job. Sure he's powerful for a walking corpse but he's still human, if Tahm Kench makes him an offer, tricks him, plays with him, Tahm wins. Tahm wouldn't fight, he'd manipulate the situation.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EV8FzJ4K,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-09-06T11:18:58.850+0000) > > Depends on what demon? Or their goals more precisely. Darkin (Aatrox mainly, rest seem pretty pants) are powerful but seem just raw power, what does that mean really? He can smash a man with a sword? Good job. Sure he's powerful for a walking corpse but he's still human, if Tahm Kench makes him an offer, tricks him, plays with him, Tahm wins. Tahm wouldn't fight, he'd manipulate the situation. Honestly, I think most Darkin are pretty damn strong. Although people scoff at Rhaast for not being able to dominate Kayn, I think Kayn is just an anomaly. When A Noxian Soldier picked up Rhaast he immediately started taking control but If I remember correctly Kayn and his pal killed the soldier before the transformation was complete.
: darkin as far as we know. demons such as Evelynn can only harm those she successfully seduces, not sure about tahm Kench though. but I'm gonna be honest script or stack. you have made posts like this before, and it will always be the same answer. we dont have enough information to know who would win, hell I dont know how strong evelynn is when she can actually harm someone
> [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EV8FzJ4K,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-06T01:13:30.800+0000) > > darkin as far as we know. demons such as Evelynn can only harm those she successfully seduces, not sure about tahm Kench though. > > but I'm gonna be honest script or stack. you have made posts like this before, and it will always be the same answer. we dont have enough information to know who would win, hell I dont know how strong evelynn is when she can actually harm someone It would seem so, the main reason I make these posts is that I want to see how my opinion on the lore differs from other's opinions and to fix my interpretation mainly. But yeah that's a problem I find with the lore: the power levels are not that well defined.
Rioter Comments
Fasmodey (EUW)
: There are people willingly serving him.
> [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=3ZroFfsE,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T16:29:50.257+0000) > > There are people willingly serving him. I actually wanna see xerath as the emperor of noxus so he can reform it into part of his empire
Fasmodey (EUW)
: No need for wide scale. A bit is enough. He can keep replacing the dead with new ones until army is broken from inside. But we don't know how quick he can control a mind. And before that, he doesn't even need that when he can obliterate almost anything to nothing at ease. He is far more than enough to deal with an army by himself.
> [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=3ZroFfsE,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-30T13:07:20.213+0000) > > No need for wide scale. A bit is enough. He can keep replacing the dead with new ones until army is broken from inside. But we don't know how quick he can control a mind. And before that, he doesn't even need that when he can obliterate almost anything to nothing at ease. He is far more than enough to deal with an army by himself. Yeah but he might want an army to enforce his territory after he has captured it.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: He mind controls the barbarians in Bloodline that their eyes burn blue much like Xerath with his hatred. It is the will of Xerath in their eye. Nasus said those barbarian clans would murder each other in first sight, if there wasn't someone greater behind to unite them. When Nasus met 3 barbarians about to attack him, he notices they aren't thrilled to face an ascended being in battle. Likely because their eyes were blue and mind controlled. His magic broke when Nasus assulted him strong enough to put him in ruins, which after they joined the civils and tried to survive clash of the demigods. I mean, even as human, he caught the sun priests in grip of his magic to continue to Ascension Ritual beyond any ascended ever did. He mind controlled even as human. It isn't a power he gained with Ascension, perhaps it has become stronger though.
> [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=3ZroFfsE,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-30T08:52:08.441+0000) > > He mind controls the barbarians in Bloodline that their eyes burn blue much like Xerath with his hatred. It is the will of Xerath in their eye. > > Nasus said those barbarian clans would murder each other in first sight, if there wasn't someone greater behind to unite them. > > When Nasus met 3 barbarians about to attack him, he notices they aren't thrilled to face an ascended being in battle. Likely because their eyes were blue and mind controlled. > > His magic broke when Nasus assulted him strong enough to put him in ruins, which after they joined the civils and tried to survive clash of the demigods. > > I mean, even as human, he caught the sun priests in grip of his magic to continue to Ascension Ritual beyond any ascended ever did. He mind controlled even as human. It isn't a power he gained with Ascension, perhaps it has become stronger though. Do you think he can control Noxus's armies on a wide scale? They are arguably larger than Xeraths current army so I'm wondering if he is capable of mind-controlling that many soldiers.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Mogarl (NA)
: It didn't monologue. Xerath would have had a monologue. I don't mean this sarcastically. From [Bloodline](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/rg-shurima-story/) we know Xerath is a talker, and beating someone back that was using the power of an aspect would have earned at least a sentence out of him if not a paragraph. Also the fact that it was called it means that it was an it. Xerath is at least vaguely humanlike, and would have gotten a they.
> [{quoted}](name=Mogarl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TAxPaGoi,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-15T00:43:46.004+0000) > > It didn't monologue. Xerath would have had a monologue. I don't mean this sarcastically. From [Bloodline](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/rg-shurima-story/) we know Xerath is a talker, and beating someone back that was using the power of an aspect would have earned at least a sentence out of him if not a paragraph. > > Also the fact that it was called it means that it was an it. Xerath is at least vaguely humanlike, and would have gotten a they. Xerath literally took Nerizameth for himself and has an army stationed there, he wouldn't let any other ascendant even come close to it. Pantheon says he is investigating a power that grows. It is stated that Xeraths power grows with every passing moment. It says that Pantheon slashed at rock that the creature boasted for a face guess who has stone for a face? Xerath. Even the abilities he uses lines up with the way Xerath fights. And this was after he broke out because the pantheon rework was an attempt at forwarding runeterra's lore and timeline, I do admit that it is odd that we did not hear any monologue from Xerath but I don't think that alone is enough evidence to prove it's not him.
: The Status of Xerath
> [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=w9pLZaqp,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-17T03:22:41.535+0000) > > As far as League villains go, I rather enjoy Xerath's narrative and motivation. Power. Its so obvious and simple, yet he applies it in such a new way. It isnt about world domination. It is about ruining everything that Azir built, and making sure all decendents of Azir are crushed and eradicated. > > So I believe his visuals and VO stack up rather nicely. I have heard people say that he needs a vgu. I disagree. His visuals are enjoyable and display that raw power that he emanates in lore. I do agree some tweaking needs to be done to enhance Xerath's place in the lore universe. > > Voice: I like that Xerath sounds like what a pure energy being would sound like. I believe more menace can be added and more lines that are more personal, referencing the wrongs he believes were committed and his plans (Think Morde in terms of lore exposure through the VO). In addition maybe some tweaks to the voice itself, adding more of an echo, similar to Dark Star skins, but keeping his voice resonating with energy, rather than dark and cosmic like Dark Star Thresh. Also, I would enjoy hearing more rage in his voice because as it stands, the emotion being shown is more of a cold calculating mage type, which is good, but a darker feel would benefit X. > > VFX/SFX: So I play Guardian of the Sands Xerath, as I love the gold theme. His other skins could benefit from some texture improvements (I occassionally use his classic skin, but the other older skins aren't as good in my view) to help him feel sharper and more powerful like GotS. Also, the older (including classic) skins could use a vfx update to make his magic look more like swirling raw power, rather than lightning (which does represent power, but makes him look like an electrical mage and not just a raw power mage). Also vfx to create a terrifying raw power sound (i enjoy GOTS sounds) that makes X sound more like a mastery of the arcane. > > Those are my main points. I know he could benefit from a full vgu, but he really doesn't NEED one compared to older champs (cough cough, Udyr) and with these changes can fit well into both his and LOL's lore as a whole. I think he needs some voice line updates, something more one the lines about Shurima and how he plans to expand his empire and crush everything that Azir started. The Voice lines right now don't really sound like Xerath imo.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Azirs last act as an emporer was making slavery illegal and so far he hasn't shown any interest in conquering other nations.(heck one of his quotes is "You need not follow, but you must witness.", implying that he doesn't want to force anyone to join his cause). Meanwhile the first thing we see Xerath do is mind controlling an army, literally enslaving them with magic.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=i4qZfEu4,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-08-18T23:00:24.930+0000) > > Azirs last act as an emporer was making slavery illegal and so far he hasn't shown any interest in conquering other nations.(heck one of his quotes is "You need not follow, but you must witness.", implying that he doesn't want to force anyone to join his cause). > > Meanwhile the first thing we see Xerath do is mind controlling an army, literally enslaving them with magic. That's the thing though, nobody knows that Azir freed all the slaves. If he tells Pantheon, Pantheon might write it off as a lie.
: > [{quoted}](name=Script or Stack,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=i4qZfEu4,comment-id=000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-18T20:32:54.266+0000) > > Firstly, it takes place at Nerimazeth: Xeraths Capital. The way the ascended fights matches up. Pantheon said that the creature was made of pure magic unlike any other ascended being this is directly in line since xerath is a unique ascendant since he took more power than normal. Lastly, he says its made of broken rock and magic instead of flesh and boasts stone instead of a face. If you look at Xeraths in game model it lines up perfectly. Too much to be a mere coincidence I'm saying It makes sense. i just didnt know people are considering it on the same level of things such as Garen and Katarina. my bad
> [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=i4qZfEu4,comment-id=0000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-18T21:14:19.239+0000) > > I'm saying It makes sense. i just didnt know people are considering it on the same level of things such as Garen and Katarina. my bad ah ok
: > [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=i4qZfEu4,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-18T18:29:27.454+0000) > > Does story need to say it when it is obvious? Descriptions are so specific there is no way it isn't Xerath. I thought it made sense. I'm just not one to assume straight away
> [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=i4qZfEu4,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-18T20:17:09.792+0000) > > I thought it made sense. I'm just not one to assume straight away Firstly, it takes place at Nerimazeth: Xeraths Capital. The way the ascended fights matches up. Pantheon said that the creature was made of pure magic unlike any other ascended being this is directly in line since xerath is a unique ascendant since he took more power than normal. Lastly, he says its made of broken rock and magic instead of flesh and boasts stone instead of a face. If you look at Xeraths in game model it lines up perfectly. Too much to be a mere coincidence
: pantheon was killing an insane ascended I believe, it definitely was not during the present
> [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=i4qZfEu4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-18T16:20:00.199+0000) > > pantheon was killing an insane ascended I believe, it definitely was not during the present In his new short story, he is fighting Xerath at nerizameth (Xerath's empire's capital)
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Script or Stack,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KLAW6e2W,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-17T21:05:54.785+0000) > > The Shuriman Capital only got destroyed as a result of the ascension ritual being diverted from Azir to Xerath, Azir raised the capital again it won't fall unless something of similar magnitude took place, the same thing with every structure/city azir raises Shurima fall apart because they didnt have a leader to control the overpowered Ascended and people that live there, uniting the Tribes of the desert. Its not about the magic, its about having a leader figure to keep everything under control. If the Bird Father is not there, people will start riots and chaos will rule Shurima once again. That is why i mentioned the whole darkin thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KLAW6e2W,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-17T22:29:34.897+0000) > > Shurima fall apart because they didnt have a leader to control the overpowered Ascended and people that live there, uniting the Tribes of the desert. Its not about the magic, its about having a leader figure to keep everything under control. If the Bird Father is not there, people will start riots and chaos will rule Shurima once again. > > That is why i mentioned the whole darkin thing. Ah, sorry thought you meant literally. If Azir reunites Shurima I don't think it will fall apart if he just leaves to conquer the territories. It went to shit because of the greed and madness of the Darkin and I doubt any more ascended will be created (although I want more ascended I doubt it would happen). And if Azir left I think he would leave Nasus or someone capable in charge while he was gone. And the only reason it falls apart in-game is so that its balanced and azir doesn't have all his sand soldiers still on the map. In his cinematic, he is probably 100's of meters below ground when he is resurrected and you see an army of soldiers on the surface far from the center of the capital where he likely is.
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KLAW6e2W,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-30T06:57:11.123+0000) > > That's just a theory tho and there's no evidence to support it The evidence is already in the game and in the lore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYyuH1Bp2ZI Shurima started to rise because he resurrrected, the last time that the emperor died, Shurima fall apart. The whole darkin thing started because Azir died, that already shows that Shurima NEEDS an Emperor.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KLAW6e2W,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-30T07:11:01.029+0000) > > The evidence is already in the game and in the lore > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYyuH1Bp2ZI > > Shurima started to rise because he resurrrected, the last time that the emperor died, Shurima fall apart. > > The whole darkin thing started because Azir died, that already shows that Shurima NEEDS an Emperor. The Shuriman Capital only got destroyed as a result of the ascension ritual being diverted from Azir to Xerath, Azir raised the capital again it won't fall unless something of similar magnitude took place, the same thing with every structure/city azir raises
: > [{quoted}](name=Script or Stack,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KLAW6e2W,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-17T18:05:20.662+0000) > > https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_GB/story/pantheon-fallen-story/ Yup I saw it. Great story.
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KLAW6e2W,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-08-17T18:38:41.776+0000) > > Yup I saw it. Great story. Indeed, just wishing we saw more of Xeraths army in action during it.
: New Pantheon lore: Pantheon and the Ascended
https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_GB/story/pantheon-fallen-story/
EdgeLady (NA)
: The thing is, Lissandra wouldn't want the Watchers to consume everything. She would much rather that they be *her* tool to conquer the Freljord, which, of course, didn't exactly work out for her. If they destroyed everything, there wouldn't really be any land left for her to rule, would there? Lissandra wants power and control; the Watchers want destruction and nothingness. Two very common goals for villains are actually pretty contradictory when put in context. As for Malzahar, who knows. I think we might get some insight onto what the Void thinks of him when we get a Voidborn update sometime. Especially if Malz is still the one who brought Kog'Maw into Runeterra. And if so, will we find out who Kog's "daddy" is already? We know that the Watchers made the rest of the Voidborn *species*, but, the Voidborn do reproduce, and I have the feeling that Riot originally intended for Kog to be from a special and probably fairly intelligent race of Voidborn. Perhaps Malz has a plan concerning them, if so? Of course, this is all wild speculation, as we have very little up-to-date lore on the more "grounded" Voidborn and how the physical Void inside the rift operates.
> [{quoted}](name=EdgeLady,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AJlTw6YQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-13T02:26:48.290+0000) > > The thing is, Lissandra wouldn't want the Watchers to consume everything. She would much rather that they be *her* tool to conquer the Freljord, which, of course, didn't exactly work out for her. If they destroyed everything, there wouldn't really be any land left for her to rule, would there? Lissandra wants power and control; the Watchers want destruction and nothingness. Two very common goals for villains are actually pretty contradictory when put in context. > > As for Malzahar, who knows. I think we might get some insight onto what the Void thinks of him when we get a Voidborn update sometime. Especially if Malz is still the one who brought Kog'Maw into Runeterra. And if so, will we find out who Kog's "daddy" is already? We know that the Watchers made the rest of the Voidborn *species*, but, the Voidborn do reproduce, and I have the feeling that Riot originally intended for Kog to be from a special and probably fairly intelligent race of Voidborn. Perhaps Malz has a plan concerning them, if so? Of course, this is all wild speculation, as we have very little up-to-date lore on the more "grounded" Voidborn and how the physical Void inside the rift operates. Bad phrasing on my part, what I meant was if she didn't betray them
Sancre (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hayaishi2,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=8ZIWRmb9,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-08T21:52:48.835+0000) > > Tbh even if Kayn is exceptional and mentally strong i don't think he should be able to defeat Rhast. Rhast is an ascended he should be above any human by default. Does Kayn ever gets to really defeat Rhaast? Rhaast is inmmortal by virtue of his curse, if it was that easy Aatrox would have tried that already. What probably happens is that Kayn suffocates Rhaast with shadow magic, sending him to sleep and leaving behind the power of an ascended (but not the Darkin Blood Magic). When Kayn finally dies, and his shadow magic can no longer affect Rhaast, he will probably wake up, finding an old and decrepit corpse, useless to him... If Kayn didn't get the Ascended's inmortality when becoming Shadow Assassin that is...
> [{quoted}](name=Sancre,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=8ZIWRmb9,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-08-08T22:07:43.306+0000) > > Does Kayn ever gets to really defeat Rhaast? Rhaast is inmmortal by virtue of his curse, if it was that easy Aatrox would have tried that already. What probably happens is that Kayn suffocates Rhaast with shadow magic, sending him to sleep and leaving behind the power of an ascended (but not the Darkin Blood Magic). When Kayn finally dies, and his shadow magic can no longer affect Rhaast, he will probably wake up, finding an old and decrepit corpse, useless to him... If Kayn didn't get the Ascended's inmortality when becoming Shadow Assassin that is... I don't think kayn can overpower an ascended, even with shadow magic
Rioter Comments
LBmyBB (NA)
: Are you certain? Syndra lifted her school into the sky and it's still there, and a legion couldn't stop her. What chance do soldiers of sand have?
> [{quoted}](name=LBmyBB,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OovFsBvr,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-11T17:56:08.491+0000) > > Are you certain? Syndra lifted her school into the sky and it's still there, and a legion couldn't stop her. What chance do soldiers of sand have > That isn't his only trick, a legion is nothing against an empire. 1 he has superhuman speed, each ascended can move so fast it's imperceptible to the human eye. 2 the capital is way fucking larger than a school, and it was covered in sand which he removed all just right after being ascended. Even if his soldiers don't get close he can speed blitz her as Ryze said or just bury her in millions of tons of sand, she may be able to lift other things but in no universe can she overpower azir's control over sand. Also if she destroys one of Azirs soldiers another one will just get up and take its place, he has an infinite army until he is injured which is going to be near impossible.
: > [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OovFsBvr,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-10T23:00:43.392+0000) > > Still can't she just break his neck before he moves a finger? Im pretty sure that Azir himself is made of sand... so, i dont think that he would be affected by that
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OovFsBvr,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2019-08-10T23:49:55.724+0000) > > Im pretty sure that Azir himself is made of sand... so, i dont think that he would be affected by that Oh yeah, forgot about that. In his death animation, he becomes sand so he might be more resilient than we think
: Still can't she just break his neck before he moves a finger?
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OovFsBvr,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-10T23:00:43.392+0000) > > Still can't she just break his neck before he moves a finger? I don't think so? Im not very familiar with Syndra's powers but I think she would have to be at least close to him to do this. That would be hard seeing as she would have to avoid being murdered by 10,000 soldiers literally made of sand; an infinite army and have to protect herself from being buried by sand. When Azir raised the capital he lifted millions of tonnes of sand, imagine if he just threw all that sand at her in a fight.
Falrein (EUW)
: No? Syndra is inexperienced and doesn't have much magical knowledge. Arguably Azir doesn't have much either, but still. Now, I know a certain _someone_ will jump at my throat for saying this, but the only way Syndra would stand a chance is in a place with no sand. Should she have access to her full potential? That's another story. But in the current state of things, that's what it is.
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OovFsBvr,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-10T23:01:22.032+0000) > > No? Syndra is inexperienced and doesn't have much magical knowledge. Arguably Azir doesn't have much either, but still. > > Now, I know a certain _someone_ will jump at my throat for saying this, but the only way Syndra would stand a chance is in a place with no sand. Should she have access to her full potential? That's another story. But in the current state of things, that's what it is. What about syndra at full potential
LBmyBB (NA)
: Syndra cuz she can just pick up the sand too
> [{quoted}](name=LBmyBB,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OovFsBvr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-10T22:59:30.755+0000) > > Syndra cuz she can just pick up the sand too Azirs control of Sand is a mile ahead of Syndra's
Falrein (EUW)
: I mean... You're giving Azir home advantage and an endless supply of sand, obviously he would win.
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OovFsBvr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-10T22:54:59.260+0000) > > I mean... You're giving Azir home advantage and an endless supply of sand, obviously he would win. ik but he would lose without access to sand
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Dobiwobi (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=T2K Baka,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pXQ33Gyv,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-10-27T16:59:19.155+0000) > > Can't Nasus turn people into sand? Wither? Also Shurima has Rek'sai (she is part of Shurima) and her army, along with Skarner, and the LEGENDARY RAMMUS. If Demacia attacked then they would definitely lose. tbf rek'sai would be equally dangerous to shurimans and demacians and skarner hates humans, he wouldn't join either side unless the other threatened his species demacia would lose if they attacked shurima because they're not used to desert climate and are a much smaller force, but shurima would lose if they attacked demacia because demacia's geography is naturally defensible, their troops are far better trained and can easily hold chokepoints against much larger forces, and they have home advantage of galio and their abundant resources btw we know ascended are not _actually_ army soloing war machines, in the icathia story jax mentions how he and another guy tag teamed an ascended warrior and won, and in nasus' color story he gets stabbed by a human and it hurts - the entirety of the dauntless vanguard could probably take nasus, they're basically the **best** fighters in all of valoran, shyvana could also help
> [{quoted}](name=Dobiwobi,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pXQ33Gyv,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-10-28T15:31:08.249+0000) > > tbf rek'sai would be equally dangerous to shurimans and demacians and skarner hates humans, he wouldn't join either side unless the other threatened his species > > demacia would lose if they attacked shurima because they're not used to desert climate and are a much smaller force, but shurima would lose if they attacked demacia because demacia's geography is naturally defensible, their troops are far better trained and can easily hold chokepoints against much larger forces, and they have home advantage of galio and their abundant resources > > btw we know ascended are not _actually_ army soloing war machines, in the icathia story jax mentions how he and another guy tag teamed an ascended warrior and won, and in nasus' color story he gets stabbed by a human and it hurts - the entirety of the dauntless vanguard could probably take nasus, they're basically the **best** fighters in all of valoran, shyvana could also help It wasn't just Jax it was a legion of Icathians, if i remember correctly who had to topple a mountain and that didnt even kill the bastard. They had to behead him with a weapon only jax could hold after throwing a mountain on him, And that was just a mid tier ascended . Nasus got hurt because he wasnt ulted while fighting xeraths soldiers . In bloodline when he is ulted he just tears through them.
Rioter Comments
Atgo (EUW)
: Could you mention where is or print the quote you're refering to? I didnt find it on the Shuriman page.
> [{quoted}](name=Atgo,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Imzj3hAi,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-28T16:45:50.634+0000) > > Could you mention where is or print the quote you're refering to? I didnt find it on the Shuriman page. https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/shurima/intro In the last paragraph, it says mighty cities rising from the ground.
Rioter Comments
: I think that if you kill them as you would kill a normal soldier they would desintegrate, but Azir could then re-make that soldier
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KghvcNWg,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-27T06:13:50.593+0000) > > I think that if you kill them as you would kill a normal soldier they would desintegrate, but Azir could then re-make that soldier When I was thinking about it it reminded me of the fight between Spider-Man and sandman. They dont really have flesh or organs, just sand. Its hard to kill something literally made of sand though
: Anyone who can displace Azir or incapacitate him can 'kill' the soldiers, because they 'die' without Azir's presence nearby and his constant renewal. I think they're not really alive though, since they seem to be a manifestation of Azir's magic, which would explain why he must remain near them. They might contain the actual souls of Shurimans though, but then is a ghost, or the mist/air it materializes in, alive? I would say no, because if something is alive just because some sentience animates it, then a vehicle is alive while it's being operated by a person.
> [{quoted}](name=Hemulen Magi,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KghvcNWg,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-27T01:28:50.505+0000) > > Anyone who can displace Azir or incapacitate him can 'kill' the soldiers, because they 'die' without Azir's presence nearby and his constant renewal. I think they're not really alive though, since they seem to be a manifestation of Azir's magic, which would explain why he must remain near them. They might contain the actual souls of Shurimans though, but then is a ghost, or the mist/air it materializes in, alive? I would say no, because if something is alive just because some sentience animates it, then a vehicle is alive while it's being operated by a person. I dont think he has to be near them to command them. I think that was just a thing they did ingame to balance him or whatever. When he raises the capital you see a bunch of soldiers on a platform but he wasnt near them he was at the center of his capital
: I wouldnt say that they are alive in first place, its just sand.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KghvcNWg,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-27T02:06:19.034+0000) > > I wouldnt say that they are alive in first place, its just sand. Killing was a bad word choice. Stop was what i was going for
Rioter Comments
: On a full out war probably Noxus. Azir empire is still rather small and even with sand soldiers at his command he would suffer from sheer numbers. It might be different in the long run especially if Susan and Xerath join him (in which case Shurima gets an easy win).
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WBGc9EgB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-23T15:08:10.465+0000) > > On a full out war probably Noxus. > > Azir empire is still rather small and even with sand soldiers at his command he would suffer from sheer numbers. It might be different in the long run especially if Susan and Xerath join him (in which case Shurima gets an easy win). Azir has technically infinitie soldiers. Although i think he can only have 10,000 at once; once one of them dies he can just replace it. And how do you kill a soldier thats literally made of sand?
Jaspers (EUW)
: Noxus is probably already putting soldiers on their front lines in the territories they own in northern Shurima. You don't think the rumours of a once dead Empire coming back to life would put them on alert? In this discussion, Azir wouldn't win but why would Azir risk his empire just to claim a few towns on a border. If Noxus feel Shurima a threat they may infact install help Xerath install his regime as long as Xerath afterwards keeps to his borders. Yet they might also not want to deal with a madman. Azir has no help coming either, he's on his own. Other Ascended's don't care or are mad, other Shuriman don't care or are cursed and Taliyah would not go to war. Commanding a an army of soldiers who don't fatique doesn't mean Azir doesn't. Can he reliably remain safe at all times vs Noxus' full potential, that is not just an army of willing soldiers, many of whom are powerful but assassin's and alike? Remember, Ascended's are not all powerful. Many have died, Azir will be no different. This said, I doubt either side want a war when they have other issues. As long as Azir doesn't try and take those northern cities back, nothing will happen.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WBGc9EgB,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-03-25T12:23:54.631+0000) > > Noxus is probably already putting soldiers on their front lines in the territories they own in northern Shurima. You don't think the rumours of a once dead Empire coming back to life would put them on alert? > > In this discussion, Azir wouldn't win but why would Azir risk his empire just to claim a few towns on a border. If Noxus feel Shurima a threat they may infact install help Xerath install his regime as long as Xerath afterwards keeps to his borders. Yet they might also not want to deal with a madman. > > Azir has no help coming either, he's on his own. Other Ascended's don't care or are mad, other Shuriman don't care or are cursed and Taliyah would not go to war. Commanding a an army of soldiers who don't fatique doesn't mean Azir doesn't. Can he reliably remain safe at all times vs Noxus' full potential, that is not just an army of willing soldiers, many of whom are powerful but assassin's and alike? > > Remember, Ascended's are not all powerful. Many have died, Azir will be no different. > > > This said, I doubt either side want a war when they have other issues. As long as Azir doesn't try and take those northern cities back, nothing will happen. Ascended dont fatigue easily though, most of them are known to have superhuman regeneration. Plus why does he have to put in effort when he can just make his sand soldier fight for him?
: Where does it say that Targon taught them how to ascend?
> [{quoted}](name=nosafterburn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=G5uP1clg,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-07-24T07:19:06.780+0000) > > Where does it say that Targon taught them how to ascend? I dont remember exactly where in lore it says it. In ToTG myisha (zoe) hints at it. It also says on the shurima for league wiki: https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Shurima
SSmotzer (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=G5uP1clg,comment-id=000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-23T21:06:35.851+0000) > > Except that Beserker has much better senses and speed than Zed has. So Renekton is able to dash around as fast and with the same level of ease as Zed? Also, what sense would help Renekton in the Ionian forests? Not sight because the forests creates impenetrable arcane fog. Not direction because the forest and ground will literally move around to disorient intruders the forests do not like. > ...????? World Runes are literally the tools that made Runeterra and the source of magic for mortals in Runeterra. But the world runes are sealed away by Ryze. How can they be the source of magic if most of them are sealed? Could they have been created to create Runeterra, sure, but they are not the source of magic. They were created by something. > The trees won't let you what? Burn them down or cut them? They don't instantly regenerate or some shit. If you cut it down it dies, even in Ionia. Not to mention even if that was true (which it's 100% not) Xayah doesn't have any way to kill an Ascended. Not to mention Xayah would die from exhaustion days before an Ascended even began to feel it (much less Renekton who is immune to pain) Xayah could literally leave the fight, eat, and sleep and Renekton would still be lost in the forest. She could behead Renekton after he collapses from being assaulted by the arcane energy of the forests. > This...makes no sense tbh. How would the Ascended working together and being backed up by the greatest empire Runeterra has ever seen be weaker than rogue divided Darkins who fight among themselves? Well the Darkin funneled all their resources into a single army, where the Shuriman armies and Ascended would be divided to maintain Shurima's boarders. Smaller nations with a single highly trained unified army is historically stronger than larger nations with massive armies. Like a nomadic tribe in northern India beat Rome constantly, and the Mongol hordes were able to topple the Chinese empire.
> [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=G5uP1clg,comment-id=00000001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-23T22:16:35.748+0000) > > Then why was Nasus crushed under a temple? Surely he would have been fast enough to jump from falling rock to falling rock and escape. > > The forests can make flowers bloom with overwhelming scents, faster than Renekton could run. > > The forest moves on it's own. Leave rustle and twigs snap from the movement of the trees and plants. > > In Akali's lore she is allowed to visit a town in Ionia that has a fog thick enough to cause it to disappear from the outside, and the fog will stop anyone it does not want to enter the town. Akali was given a gift from the town, her dragon tattoo, which allows her to summon the fog. > > And new ones will move to take their place. > > Okay, my argument still stands. The world runes were used to bend magic. Whether or not mortals need them to harness magic is irrelevant because the Vastayashai'rei and Vastyans are not mortals. They are spiritual beings, they flow with the natural and unlimited spiritual magic. > > If they pose no threat why can't the overwhelming might of Noxus and their arcane mages take Ionia? > > No, I mean individually. Each Darkin was able to funnel all their individual resources into a single army of their own. One of Aatrox's devout soldiers would easily be able to outmatch a member of Azir's slave army. When nasus was crushed he was already weakened heavily by Xerath, I'm pretty sure something impaled his leg if I remember correctly and his arm was broken (although it repaired itself moments after). I doubt the Darkin actually bothered in training their armies. In twilight of the Gods they had no respect and didnt care about their mortal servants not even noticing when one dies and when another takes his place. Nasus Renekton and Xerath (I think) all had superhuman speed( we can assume the rest of the ascended atleast were faster than the average human, in ToTG they were pretty damn fast when they fought too). Human eyes could not even keep up with how fast they were moving so it appeared as a blur. I doubt xayah could outrun something that fast. Even if renekton did get tired or injured, ascended have extreme regeneration (Nasus healed his broken arm in like a minute) I doubt anything short of an army can take one out, let alone 1 vastaya.
: Targon still would have stepped in and brought an {{champion:136}} to silence them and keep them in check. i mean the ascended were becoming a problem AFTER Azir's "death" because no one could control them, so imagine what it would be like if he didn't die (or wasn't betrayed even).
> [{quoted}](name=nosafterburn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=G5uP1clg,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-23T19:56:28.245+0000) > > Targon still would have stepped in and brought an {{champion:136}} to silence them and keep them in check. i mean the ascended were becoming a problem AFTER Azir's "death" because no one could control them, so imagine what it would be like if he didn't die (or wasn't betrayed even). Doubtful, Targon taught the shurimans how to ascend. My best guess is that they wanted the Shuriman Empire to take over all of runeterra so they could have an army of ascended ready to fight the void. So I doubt they'd halt Azir's advance
SSmotzer (NA)
: No. Azir would not have expanded his kingdom with the looming threat of the Void. If Azir did not die he would have continued to feed his armies and Ascended to the Void in attempts to save Shurima. Azir dying meant that armies were no longer gathering to face the Void head on, meaning the Void could not feed, leaving the Void rift alone in the baron desert was the best thing that could have happened. Plus when Azir died his death took the Oasis of Dawn with him, stopping all water flowing through Shurima, ensuring no living being would get anywhere near the Void rift. If Azir lived, humanity would have been doomed.
> [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=G5uP1clg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-22T01:34:46.438+0000) > > No. Azir would not have expanded his kingdom with the looming threat of the Void. If Azir did not die he would have continued to feed his armies and Ascended to the Void in attempts to save Shurima. > > Azir dying meant that armies were no longer gathering to face the Void head on, meaning the Void could not feed, leaving the Void rift alone in the baron desert was the best thing that could have happened. Plus when Azir died his death took the Oasis of Dawn with him, stopping all water flowing through Shurima, ensuring no living being would get anywhere near the Void rift. > > If Azir lived, humanity would have been doomed. The ascended were literally made to fight back the void so I think they have a chance at beating it and sealing the rift tbh
Show more

Script or Stack

Level 100 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion