Rioter Comments
: You are a troll because you do not realize, that Rito is NOT TRYING. When the trolls are fed to them in multiple support tickets, they still do not do shit with it. Tell me, how hard is it to detect, when you are given a video and a description of what he is doing? > If you are so smart, why don't you design and sell a system that can accurately detect intent of players 100% of the time and sell it? Oh, because you can't and the excuse will be "not my job. It is Riot's." Just because you are not able to do something (because of the lack of education or the lack of equipment (data & computational power)), you are not allowed to expect somebody to do it, when it is his job? If there is a surgeon and he fcks up 70% of his surgeries, then he is probably a bad surgeon, BUT I CAN NOT DO IT BETTER, i would probably fck up 99% of them (i'm lucky in the 1% and the youtube tutorial was right xD) Am i not allowed to call that surgeon bad, just because i'm not a better surgeon? :D
THIS!!! This right here is what got me my 2nd and third strike/ permanent ban. Because i called someone out for being objectively worse than me 3/5 seasons after said person assumed I was "bronze" while actually being bronze himself, my banter was considered abuse and I was banned...after 5 seasons of continuous play. That's why I say League, as it is now, is trash and shouldn't be considered a "sport". To take away something from someone who's truly passionate about winning because some casual person cannot take banter back is just a gut wrenching feeling. Leaves a bad taste and ultimately will be Riots undoing imo.
o Maui o (NA)
: Are they really being punished for 'just being competitive?' Or are you arguing that a competitive atmosphere makes toxic behavior acceptable?
> [{quoted}](name=o Maui o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yETAzw9Y,comment-id=000200000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-04-17T19:47:24.493+0000) > > Are they really being punished for 'just being competitive?' Or are you arguing that a competitive atmosphere makes toxic behavior acceptable? I am arguing a competitive atmosphere usually involves shit talking. It's part of the nature of the game of competition. To take away 4-5 years someone has invested into a game because they use competitive banter in a competitive game is bad to me.
: In that case, Riot should just close down the LCS, stop people from streaming their game, and make damn sure that no one can make money off it. Because, hey, it's not connected to the real world, right? People don't want to actually try to win ranked, right? Fuck off.
> [{quoted}](name=Scottsc20,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yETAzw9Y,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-04-17T18:54:27.853+0000) > > In that case, Riot should just close down the LCS, stop people from streaming their game, and make damn sure that no one can make money off it. Because, hey, it's not connected to the real world, right? People don't want to actually try to win ranked, right? Fuck off. You get it. This whole "this isn't the real world" while operating in the real world is stupid.
Rioter Comments
rujitra (NA)
: You are agreeing with me now. You admit that the minority either has to assimilate or find a crowd that tolerates them. They’re either allowed to follow the rules in League, or go find another game.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yETAzw9Y,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-16T21:20:30.126+0000) > > You are agreeing with me now. You admit that the minority either has to assimilate or find a crowd that tolerates them. > > They’re either allowed to follow the rules in League, or go find another game. i agree with that. Find another game. What I do not like is the notion that League puts out about their game. The notion it is "just a game for entertainment" when you make the game revolve around what is done in ranked...a competitive environment then punish folks who are really just being competitive because that is how you portray the game to be. The game is akin to an abusive relationship. You thought you knew what you were getting into, and by time you find out the truth, you've already invested a lot into it, so you keep investing into it hoping it gets better...but it doesn't.
rujitra (NA)
: There’s a difference between doing something completely out of the ordinary (ex: finding someone laughing at a movie to be inappropriate) versus things that the *vast* majority of people find unacceptable (ex: laughing/talking through the whole movie loudly).
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yETAzw9Y,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-04-16T21:11:34.816+0000) > > There’s a difference between doing something completely out of the ordinary (ex: finding someone laughing at a movie to be inappropriate) versus things that the *vast* majority of people find unacceptable (ex: laughing/talking through the whole movie loudly). Also still, much of what transpires in this game and how it operates as far as a competitive game translates to other competitive games, hence why examples of how other sports handles certain situations are brought up as arguments when it comes to this game. Yes it is a means to "escape" in a similar fashion as a movie is, however playing a video game and wanting to win at said game isn't the same as just sitting and enjoying a movie. To compare this to something like a movie, theme park, bar, ect isn't fair. They aren't the same thing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Season 9 Blows,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yETAzw9Y,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-16T21:08:30.041+0000) > > I brought it up because it is something that I can related to and has happened several times in recent days. Belligerent? Are you sure about that, or are you assuming ?(rhetorical). Funny though, you didn't address my arguments, but addressed me. Address the arguments brother. Just another misguided fool who thinks being black absolves themselves from potentially being racist. News flash, spreading racist propaganda and saying "it's ok because I am such and such" is just as bad if not worse. You are spreading something that people wish was removed from language.
I never said that, it's something you have assumed. I simply used it as an example, and you honed in on that ONE detail but glossed over the rest of it. You still have yet to address the actual argument tho.
rujitra (NA)
: There’s a difference between doing something completely out of the ordinary (ex: finding someone laughing at a movie to be inappropriate) versus things that the *vast* majority of people find unacceptable (ex: laughing/talking through the whole movie loudly).
vast majority doesn't make something right though. It's just a matter of opinion at that point. Now I will say the minority in that situation either has to assimilate or find a crowd that tolerates whatever it is he/she does that goes against current regulation.
: Perma Banned because of this LMAO
You are on their game bro, you not gonna win this one. Just LOL at responses in post like this, make a few post and use it as entertainment. It's more amusing than the actual game to me.
rujitra (NA)
: “In the real world”
Depends on the establishment. Some places would just throw out the instigating party. What YOU view to be "disturbing" some might find it entertaining or a part of the experience. It's like you getting mad because someone in a theater laughs at something you don't find funny so you deem it as a disturbance. Or if lets say a bunch of people throw a party you weren't invited to, it's a little loud, so you call the police because YOU aren't having a good time even though you know damn well what they are doing isn't a huge disturbance. You sound like that woman who reported folks in the park for having a Bar B Cue because it violated some obscure stupid ass rule. Also keep in mind League of Legends exist in the "real world". So by default the rules of the "real world" naturally apply. While you might get different results within this game, it doesn't stop the nature of real world people, especially considering this video game is set up in a way to highly appeal to a competitive spirit even though it isn't a competitive game according to you.
: Are you seriously fucking bringing race into this? Dude, just stop, ok? You got banned "after 4 years" for being belligerent and flaming the shit out of your teams.
I brought it up because it is something that I can related to and has happened several times in recent days. Belligerent? Are you sure about that, or are you assuming ?(rhetorical). Funny though, you didn't address my arguments, but addressed me. Address the arguments brother.
: why am i getting banned after 4 years of playing
Bro, the way Riot looks at it, they are providing a service to you, so they can take away said service anytime. It really is akin to being in a toxic abusive relationship. You get punished for defending yourself. Just move on from the game. There was a time in life when League meant nothing, and given enough time it can return that way.
: Feels like im gambling more than i am playing the game
Team oriented game with no sort of true means of enforcing accountability for teammates. Sure if a teammate is super toxic you can report them, but that doesn't help that you lost LP due to that. It doesn't help when your teammate 1st times a champion (somehow that isn't reportable) and feeds 10 times in 8 mins. Much of it really is similar to hearthstone..some luck BS lol.
: If the off meta pick can absolutely in no way work for the situation or game, I'm going to tilt. Its not your job to tell me not to for one. For two, bad comp work is just flatly tilting, especially if you're an ADC and your support last picks fucking Vel'koz with Barrier into Kata/Rengar/Talon so you can never even breath in the same teamfight as everyone else.
> [{quoted}](name=OtterlyLost,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jImvbHPa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-21T16:24:15.811+0000) > > If the off meta pick can absolutely in no way work for the situation or game, I'm going to tilt. Its not your job to tell me not to for one. For two, bad comp work is just flatly tilting, especially if you're an ADC and your support last picks fucking Vel'koz with Barrier into Kata/Rengar/Talon so you can never even breath in the same teamfight as everyone else. "Its not your job to tell me not to for one. "- Use that same logic before tilting in champ select because someone picks a champion YOU deem to be invaluable. Unless they are purposely feeding, you titling, is probably going to do more damage than the Vel with barrier who may have sound reasoning as to why he/she went barrier.
Rioter Comments
: The concept of a team game is very lost on an awful lot of people.
I don't think people misunderstand a team game. It's the fact folks cannot/ are not held accountable within said game a lot of times.
: Its easier to win by making the enemy team turn on themselves. Like if the support dies, but the adc lives say something like "Wow.... your adc just hung you out to dry..." If a lane isnt getting ganks "Wow, your jungle hates ____ huh?". Won MANY a game after the 'wronged' player inted or afked to punish his team after I sided with them.
Exactly. Easier to win by making a team flame war, than by giving "constructive criticism" to random people on the internet.
Jo0o (NA)
: Honestly, I'm always the guy who says that my ability to shotcall shouldn't be penalized just because toxic players can't keep it in their pants, but I'm really coming around to this line of reasoning. Chat in this game is feeling like a lost cause these days. It's really sad that I've been playing about 100% URF lately, and people still feel the need to flame each other over mistakes. It's a for-fun game mode that usually takes much less time than regular games, involving players using champs that they're often extremely unfamiliar with, yet half my games involve the classic "Report X for trolling" any time somebody has a negative KDA.
: UNFAIR PERMA BAN, ONLY GET BLITZCRANK BOT WHEN I OPEN A TICKET. *NEED MODERATOR PLEASE*
A mute would have fixed all of this. Welcome to the .006 club tho :D
: It's highly more probable that you just remember the negative and discount the neutral chat. How about the jungler asking for a hard leash? That one move doesn't auto win the game, but might set them up to gain their power spike earlier. How about the jungler saying red, scuttle then mid gank? Once again not game winning on its own, but it does give time for the laner to set the table for a gank. You are right you don't HAVE to communicate to win, but it can make it a hell of a lot easier. I play a lot of supp, and it's pretty obvious when the opponent bot lane is in voice chat together.
> [{quoted}](name=BrahMoarQQPlox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=786rMs5R,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-03-20T19:30:54.366+0000) > > It's highly more probable that you just remember the negative and discount the neutral chat. > How about the jungler asking for a hard leash? That one move doesn't auto win the game, but might set them up to gain their power spike earlier. > > How about the jungler saying red, scuttle then mid gank? Once again not game winning on its own, but it does give time for the laner to set the table for a gank. > > You are right you don't HAVE to communicate to win, but it can make it a hell of a lot easier. I play a lot of supp, and it's pretty obvious when the opponent bot lane is in voice chat together. This isnt about not communicating, of course it is important, which is why riot has pings implemented. Those "hard leash" things are an acceptation, however for everyone one of those, I can play 10 games, and I guarantee a game will be made more difficult due to folks flaming each other over simple mistakes/ misplays. The focus, in my opinion, then shifts from focusing on the goal at hand...winning the game, to focusing on defending your ego via flame. Again, yes I can mute all, and it does work, however if again top is flaming bot, regardless of if I mute, it doesn't fix the issue. An issue that really, overall doesn't add any NEEDED element into the game. I am speaking from a POV of Mid gold-Silver, so maybe up in Plat+ this changes, but where MOST players are playing, the element isn't needed and is the cause of more games being lost than won.
: Then what's your point? You can mute everyone if you want. I'm not understanding where you're going here. Riot is not going to turn off all chat by default and make it opt-in. You're using anecdotal evidence about what's happened to you. I certainly don't have flamers ruining games for me constantly, and if one person's being a dickshit, I mute them.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=786rMs5R,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-20T17:46:54.640+0000) > > Then what's your point? > > You can mute everyone if you want. I'm not understanding where you're going here. Riot is not going to turn off all chat by default and make it opt-in. You're using anecdotal evidence about what's happened to you. I certainly don't have flamers ruining games for me constantly, and if one person's being a dickshit, I mute them. " I don't see too many games won because of in chat communication. As a matter of fact, most of my smoothest games have very little, if any typing at all."
: You have the option to mute everyone individually or hit a /mute all command.
That isn't the point. I can control me, but i cannot control bot lane flaming top lane, or jg flaming bot lane and THAT being the primary reason the entire team loses. Too many games have been lost due to toxic flaming. Again, I don't see too many games won because of in chat communication. As a matter of fact, most of my smoothest games have very little, if any typing at all.
: There are settings in the menu to disable /all chat. You can individually mute anyone you want. Riot is not going to cripple communication for anyone by default. Just as the responsibility is on you to tune out things IRL, it's your responsibility here too.
this is mainly talking about chat via teammates. I cannot speak for everyone, but I have yet to win a game because of communication in chat..I have lost plenty of games due to communicating in chat tho. Pings are all that is needed.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
arkment (OCE)
: A Kayle mains lament
As a Kayle main here are the problems. 1 her early game is just gutted and shes not useful until it is too late. 2, her ult pretty much requires you have competent teammates. Solo, it is pretty much useless especially when it has a cast time. I like the idea of her going from a melee to ranged champ, but maybe adjust it so that every level she gains range until the 550 max or whatever. That way there is an actual transition. Also get rid of that whole cannot attack thing on her ult. I like the damage it gives, but if you have to revert the damage to keep so where you can attack then do so. Or just make it to where if she ults her self, she doesnt gain the damage portion of the ult, but she can remain attacking. Kayle has pretty much always been a late game champ, but before in the early she wasnt just complexly useless. Right now it seems that way until she hits 11, which again by that time it is just too late and the game has snowballed out of control.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
alasarcher (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=season 5 blows,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=m3FbEHpE,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2015-10-23T20:45:04.381+0000) > > Again, this post wouldnt affect a person who AFKS 1/50 games played. It is to punish the person going afk/feeding 7/10 games. Read the post please. Those that afk 7/10 games are perma banned by now. Problem is that if people have different afker in 7/10 of their games, they rationalize on that.
No they arent. They are placed in low priority que sometimes, but that is about it. Again all dishonor would be tallied as one in my system. So if you are feeding/ AFKing in 7-8/10 games then that is when youd be punished. Im not talking about here and there, im talkin when it is MOST of the time. If 7-8/10 games someone is reporting u for afk/ feeding then you are probably the culprit.
alasarcher (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=season 5 blows,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=m3FbEHpE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-10-23T20:35:29.284+0000) > > then they simply would be voted out of the game. Read the post. Trolls cant troll if they aren't able to even get into the game. AFKing isnt a "normal" thing in gaming, especially a game where it is highly team oriented. I highly doubt a user is having electricity problems 7/10 times they go afk... About trolling, they should just be sent to some remote island, put in a cage, give enough food and water for 50 years, and play Justin Bieber songs on repet. As for afkers, people talk about afkers like its one same person in every game , going afk every game. There are thousands of players in this game, electiricty was just one thing i mentioned. Most of people dont plan to afk. For example,i almost never afked. One time i started game and got call from mom at work, that she forgot her inhaler at home and that she needs it. What would u do in that situation? Potentially play 1 hour game putting your moms life in danger, or leave game and do what u are supposed to do? There are many situations like this.
> [{quoted}](name=alasarcher,realm=EUNE,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=m3FbEHpE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-10-23T20:41:18.070+0000) > > About trolling, they should just be sent to some remote island, put in a cage, give enough food and water for 50 years, and play Justin Bieber songs on repet. > As for afkers, people talk about afkers like its one same person in every game , going afk every game. There are thousands of players in this game, electiricty was just one thing i mentioned. Most of people dont plan to afk. For example,i almost never afked. One time i started game and got call from mom at work, that she forgot her inhaler at home and that she needs it. What would u do in that situation? Potentially play 1 hour game putting your moms life in danger, or leave game and do what u are supposed to do? There are many situations like this. Again, this post wouldnt affect a person who AFKS 1/50 games played. It is to punish the person going afk/feeding 7/10 games. Read the post please.
: OK the issue that I can see is it's extremely hard to tell the difference between intentionally feeding and being really bad at the game from a player perspective , please note I am not saying that your games did not feature a person who was not intentionally feeding I am simply saying it's hard to tell the difference between a person who doesn't know how to play safe and the person who's just feeding.
> [{quoted}](name=LaoBushido,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=6hlyvfZ1,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-10-23T20:21:27.683+0000) > > OK the issue that I can see is it's extremely hard to tell the difference between intentionally feeding and being really bad at the game from a player perspective , please note I am not saying that your games did not feature a person who was not intentionally feeding I am simply saying it's hard to tell the difference between a person who doesn't know how to play safe and the person who's just feeding. Either way a player should be punished whether they are doing it on purpose or not. If you are feeding in most of the games you are playing, you are probably doing something wrong, and there needs to be a way to correct it, or at lease prevent other players from having to join you, especially in ranked.
alasarcher (EUNE)
: Trolls dont care about titles, they would wear them with pride. Afking cant be fixed.There are unexpected things that happen in peoples lives that they cant control. Afking is normal thing in online gaming. No matter what you do, if someone plays and his electricity is out or he gets important RL call, or many many many emergency issues, they will choose that over game anytime. There is no point discussing afking.
then they simply would be voted out of the game. Read the post. Trolls cant troll if they aren't able to even get into the game. AFKing isnt a "normal" thing in gaming, especially a game where it is highly team oriented. I highly doubt a user is having electricity problems 7/10 times they go afk...
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: As a older LoL player how bad does it get on summer nights?
I was banned because i got a lil pissed that over the last 3 days i dropped from high S2 to S3 due to multiple trolls. i cannot play in the early mornings, as I have real work to do. i play the game for fun, but it isn't fun when you log on, and some duo que threatens to afk/feed if they dont get their role...then you give them their role and they feed anyway when they left you with an an undesirable role you didn't want to play in the first place. This game is full of self entitled twats if you ask me.

Season 9 Blows

Level 107 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion