Garror (NA)
: Pool Party in ARAM
: Pool Party Arams
Caomha (NA)
: Looking for a group? Post here!
IGN: Seviang Mode: Aram or Rift Rank B1 Mains: Support
: Pool Party Peeps Gathering Area
: POOL PARTY ARAM RUNZ!!!
Zirzon (NA)
: Move % Bonus HP from Cinderhulk to Warmogs
They should most certainly not move it to warmog's. People forget that top lane tanks were really strong in the meta before Cinderhulk, and this would give them access to that scaling without giving up flash or a combat summoner. What they should do is nerf Cinderhulk and the red smite so that the scaling is both less oppressive and only beneficial for junglers.
: why are turrets so useless now
Turrets are plenty strong. Botched turret dives are the #1 way solo queue games get thrown in the early game.
Visigoth (NA)
: You should be able to play whatever you want in normals as long as you aren't TRYING to lose
I disagree. A pvp game is much different than many of the examples you gave. There are certainly lesser seen or off meta picks that work, but I don't like seeing stuff that's obviously bad. It's like a game of pickup basketball (or some similar sport). People play for fun but they also try to win usually. If you spend the game trying to shoot the ball backwards over your head every time you get the ball, don't be surprised that your teammates become frustrated with you.
Solaxo (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Seviang,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pjYt4TN8,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-04-02T14:09:10.187+0000) > > This is exactly the reason I rarely jungle anymore, despite at one point maining the role. It's the most discouraging and stressful role to play because your teammates are almost always toxic to you. Mute button. Enjoy.
> [{quoted}](name=Solaxo,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pjYt4TN8,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2015-04-02T14:47:23.876+0000) > > Mute button. Enjoy. If I feel like I need to mute someone the damage has already been done. Muting someone after they've started flaming only helps so much.
: "Jungler should get IP bonuses in teambulder"
This is exactly the reason I rarely jungle anymore, despite at one point maining the role. It's the most discouraging and stressful role to play because your teammates are almost always toxic to you.
: Eve's winrate has actually DROPPED with her latest "buffs"
According to LoLKing, her pickrate in solo queue doubled on patch day and her win rate actually went up a small amount from the previous day, then down again the day after. I'd say it's too soon to draw any conclusions from her current win rate. I'd be more interested to hear the thoughts of people who play her about how she feels after the changes.
: And sion nerfs too. Because letting him be successful is a no no
Sion needed the nerfs tho. Pretty crazy to be top tier in both top lane and jungle lol.
: > [{quoted}](name=Seviang,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vEA7GfUL,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2015-03-25T16:28:22.409+0000) > > A lot of the counterplay you listed there (besides the itemization) requires more skill to do successfully than it takes to dive into a teamfight with a tank. Tanks are pretty strong right now, and they are mostly easy to play. Did you not read the thread? Tanks aren't strong right now. Select JUNGLE tanks who synergize really with CInderhulk (AoE + HP scaling) are doing really well. Which doesn't mean a whole lot considering those same tanks were doing really well before. Nothing, absolutely nothing, has been done for tanks (as a whole) to make them better than they were a patch before. Counterplay is counterplay. It doesn't take Diamond level understanding of the game to realize that if you don't clump, Amumu/Malph/Sej ults won't matter. I'm not disagreeing that tanks aren't easy to play, but this idea that they're hard to counter is absurd. They're the most easily countered class in the entire game.
Kiting is way harder than diving into a fight, imo. Kiting successfully using aa canceling is such a hard skill to learn but so necessary against a beefy frontline that's even or ahead in a game. You also need a decent amount of peel in those situations which takes some amount of team coordination, again a skill that takes some practice. It's not just not clumping, it keeping your carries alive when Sion/Sej/Malph/Amumu/Maokai/Naut/etc disrupts your backline. I mean there's just so many, and if you count the bruiser tanks you got Renek, Nasus, Irelia, Hecarim...there are a lot of great backline divers who can be pretty tanky in this meta and aren't terrible hard to pick up.
: Honestly. Nothing really has changed. Select tanks got minor buffs, jungle tanks got a new item. Tanks have the same problems they did before. They're just as vulnerable now than ever. -Buy penetration items -Buy %HP items -Don't cluster together in teamfights so you can be easily chain CC'd -Learn to kite-- most tanks don't have the tools to catch people easily -Ward up so you can avoid an easy initiation by the enemy tank -Don't focus them, obviously -Bait out their moves. Tanks still have long CDs with punishing mana costs. -If they're jungling, steal their buffs. Ever play Amumu without blue? -Buy tenacity and slow resistance. I realize Swiftness isn't a popular choice, but against someone like Sej it'll make all the difference. Tanks have been dumped on for three seasons now. While I love the tank meta, as a tank player, I still think there's a lot of room for improvement.
A lot of the counterplay you listed there (besides the itemization) requires more skill to do successfully than it takes to dive into a teamfight with a tank. Tanks are pretty strong right now, and they are mostly easy to play.
: Where are the Lee Sin nerfs Morello promised earlier?
> free win Lee Sin Works 45% of the time, 100% of the time.
Risurin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Seviang,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HEekANtO,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2015-03-21T17:48:28.221+0000) > > I actually don't ever tax if I'm playing jungle, I only take lane minions if they need to be kept off the tower and I'm nearby. Or if the team is trying to push down a tower. there is so many reason for a jungler to push a wave... For example after a sucessful gank, you push the wave so your lane can back, get his item and when he is back in lane, it isnt frozen in a akward place, and the opponent lose minions to the turret. In the end, its gold you securing for the team and can put you in a good lead to carry the game.
Yea but your laners can do that for themselves, and the gold is better on them. I just drop a ward nearby so they're safe while shoving and let them do their thing.
Risurin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Seviang,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HEekANtO,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-03-21T04:30:56.018+0000) > > I like that Riot continues to improve the camp buffs, enforcing the idea that camps are for junglers not laners. You should only be taking camps from your jungler if you have permission to do so. Do you ask permission when you get lane minions as a jungler ? Minions and monsters are the team income, they belong to the whole team. Lanes is gold invested to some players roles, while monster is for the jungler, but neither strictly belong to 1 player. Of course taking it away from another player early will mean your team income is more spread instead to be heavily invested into the carries, but after a certain time it doesnt make that much of a difference. Its agreeable that the jungler get the most gold out of the camps because of the jungle item, and that smiting toucans and toad(for tanks) goes a long way, but they arent his only to take.
> [{quoted}](name=Risurin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HEekANtO,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2015-03-21T15:37:56.447+0000) > > Do you ask permission when you get lane minions as a jungler ? > > Minions and monsters are the team income, they belong to the whole team. Lanes is gold invested to some players roles, while monster is for the jungler, but neither strictly belong to 1 player. Of course taking it away from another player early will mean your team income is more spread instead to be heavily invested into the carries, but after a certain time it doesnt make that much of a difference. > > Its agreeable that the jungler get the most gold out of the camps because of the jungle item, and that smiting toucans and toad(for tanks) goes a long way, but they arent his only to take. I actually don't ever tax if I'm playing jungle, I only take lane minions if they need to be kept off the tower and I'm nearby. Or if the team is trying to push down a tower.
: As a tank, I don't care if you farm my jungle..
I like that Riot continues to improve the camp buffs, enforcing the idea that camps are for junglers not laners. You should only be taking camps from your jungler if you have permission to do so.
: Don't use this sion ult mechanic or you'll get banned!
That is ridiculous that Riot would ban people over a bug they left in the game. If they don't want that happening, they should fix it themselves.
: LOL. Winrates =/= strength. I've seen so many shitty Sejs miss every ult but get carried by Kats (real OP champion at the moment with new AP item) or other good teammates. Winrates don't tell the full story.
> [{quoted}](name=GundayMonday,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=XAOzdJHr,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2015-03-16T17:08:16.024+0000) > > LOL. > > Winrates =/= strength. I've seen so many shitty Sejs miss every ult but get carried by Kats (real OP champion at the moment with new AP item) or other good teammates. Winrates don't tell the full story. This is true in many cases, but once a win rates gets close to that 60% mark it's almost always a case of the champ being overpowered.
: Strong. Not OP. Strong. She's still VERY team reliant.
> [{quoted}](name=GundayMonday,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=XAOzdJHr,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-03-16T16:49:38.441+0000) > > Strong. Not OP. Strong. She's still VERY team reliant. She has a 58% win rate since 5.5 went out. I think she's probably gone from strong to OP now.
: *This* is why you have a support
Unless you're playing {{champion:89}} , in which case all-in that squishy {{champion:17}} to your heart's content.
: yes, those are the correct numbers. but you look at the total damage reduction, not at what actually changes about the recived damage. Lets say you deal 60 damage vs a 0 armor target, you would deal 30 vs 100 armor, which 0.5X60. If the target has another 100 armor, that remaining damage is halfed, so vs 200 armor it'S 30X0.5=15=60X0.25(100armor+100armor = 0.5X0.5=0.25 as damage factor)
Again, that mean that the second 100 armor bought (going from 100-200) only reduced 15 damage while the first 100 armor bought reduced 30 and was therefore more efficient. Armor obviously gets less efficient the more you buy.
: armor is a linar scaleing increase of your effecktive health vs physical damage. Each point of armor increases the effecktive health by 1% of your maxhealth. Effecktive health is the amount of raw damage you can take befor dying. no matter if you have 200 or 300 armor, the next 50 armor will always increase your effecktive health by 50% of your maxhealth. also, the damage reduction is constant. every 100 armor half the remaining damage on you you look at it from the wrong angle. if you have 0 armor, you take 100% if you have 100 armor you take 50% damage, which is 50% of 100% if you have 200 armor, you take 25% dmage, which is 50% of 50% if you have 300 armor, you take 12.5%, which is 50% of 25% and so on
> [{quoted}](name=Don Pavoni,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mu7fAKAo,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2015-03-15T22:00:17.656+0000) > > armor is a linar scaleing increase of your effecktive health vs physical damage. Each point of armor increases the effecktive health by 1% of your maxhealth. Effecktive health is the amount of raw damage you can take befor dying. > no matter if you have 200 or 300 armor, the next 50 armor will always increase your effecktive health by 50% of your maxhealth. > also, the damage reduction is linear. every 100 armor half the remaining damage on you > you look at it from the wrong angle. > > if you have 0 armor, you take 100% > if you have 100 armor you take 50% damage, which is 50% of 100% > if you have 200 armor, you take 25% dmage, which is 50% of 50% > if you have 300 armor, you take 12.5%, which is 50% of 25% and so on You don't understand what linear means, that is not at all a linear scaling. Notice how the first 100 armor gives you 50% reduction but the next 100 after that only gives an additional 25%. That is definitely not a linear scaling, in which adding 100 armor would add the same amount of reduction each time.
Envy Sin (NA)
: Morello you asked
I disagree, right now the best solo Q supports are {{champion:89}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:40}} all of whom have always been mainly support champions (with the exception of Janna's brief time in mid). I think that most of the best supports to play are still "true" supports.
: So riot saw the state of turrents and went "you know, we should make them weaker"
I know it may not feel this way, but I'm fairly certain that overall towers have been too strong this season. It's really hard to crack tier 2 and the inhib line, in particular. Games have been going longer on average at pretty much all elos and I think this is Riot's attempt to change that.
: Who was your first main champion?
{{champion:32}} I really liked his teamfighting power and his lore. I like being the sad mummy's friend.
ABP (NA)
: The friends of players in low priority queues are not allowed to edit their runes/masteries.
Yea the pop up box is annoying and very confusing. A party of friends and I were queued with a low priority player, and we kept having member of our party accidentally closing the box and restarting the timer. I hope they find a better way to implement this feature that's not so obnoxious.
: there's a couple reasons for this: 1. Champions don't have base AP 2. Outside of the minimal damage from passives (like Orianna), AP damage requires spells to be cast which also generally consume mana Armor needs to be more accessible early on because the majority of a champion's early game damage comes from auto attacks, regardless of who they are. If you want strong early defensive itemization against an AP champion, I recommend a ruby crystal start.
Even with 0 AP there are plenty of champs whose spells deal a base amount of magic damage. A starting MR item would be useful I think.
: No, it's not their job. A ward costs the equivalent of, what, three minions? Seriously, I really wish people would stop saying this. Sightstone is a wonderful item, but it still has a three ward on the map limit. That's not enough coverage for an entire team. If nobody on your team upgrades their trinket, the support has every right to sell their sightstone by that logic. >the support NEEDS a sightstone to be considered a support to the game. No, there is nothing in the rules of League of Legends that says this. Is it a good item? Yes. Is it god-tier? Yes. But you know what else is? *The people who farm all game spending the equivalent of three minions to buy a ward instead of forcing the player with the lowest gold income in the entire game to spend 800 gold because everybody doesn't want to buy wards. * That's right, I'm calling people out. I've seen enough people not ward, then bitch to their support to say this. You should be buying one or two wards (and maybe a pink) every recall ESPECIALLY if you're top or mid lane. Even the adc should buy a pink or green once in a blue moon. ANd don't tell me the adc should never buy wards, I've played adc and it has never stopped my build if I bought a ward or two to help ward key points the support can't cover with a three ward limit. If I get a babysitter for ten-fifteen minutes, then I'm going to pay them back proper.
And yet every single professional support player builds sightstone in every game. I think this should give you a clue as to how gold efficient that item is and how necessary it is on supports.
: I'm going to leave it at this: An upgraded yellow trinket and the gold efficiency of your remaining gold factored into raw HP is actually more efficient than getting the damned Sightstone. The gold efficiency for health of the remaining gold is 205. Sightstone gives you 150 health. I will concede that the Sightstone does have a marginal benefit prior to level 9, when you can upgrade your trinket, and when forced to defend your turf (aka losing), because you're forced to reposition wards as you constantly recall to your Fountain. But insisting your support (and or jungler because I know it's a good item for supportive tank junglers) to grab a Sightstone every game, regardless of winning or losing, is forcing gold inefficiency on the lowest income member of your team. In other words, it can be proven you're an asshole if you demand the Sightstone every time.
> [{quoted}](name=TheRainInSpain,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KaMFhlri,comment-id=00010001000300000001,timestamp=2015-03-03T19:00:47.562+0000) > > I'm going to leave it at this: An upgraded yellow trinket and the gold efficiency of your remaining gold factored into raw HP is actually more efficient than getting the damned Sightstone. > > The gold efficiency for health of the remaining gold is 205. Sightstone gives you 150 health. > > I will concede that the Sightstone does have a marginal benefit prior to level 9, when you can upgrade your trinket, and when forced to defend your turf (aka losing), because you're forced to reposition wards as you constantly recall to your Fountain. But insisting your support (and or jungler because I know it's a good item for supportive tank junglers) to grab a Sightstone every game, regardless of winning or losing, is forcing gold inefficiency on the lowest income member of your team. > > In other words, it can be proven you're an asshole if you demand the Sightstone every time. If this were actually true, why do professional support players all build sightstone every single game?
Rioter Comments
DJ Di0 (NA)
: I agree that they should have changed her Q with the rework, but she's not OP because of it. It does a whopping 40 damage at rank 1. I disagree with your hypercarry statement, though, it's dumb. Champions like Vayne, Twitch, and Kog'Maw are **supposed** to be weak to early poke champions, aka Sona. She also doesn't force hard engage; Nami can outsustain her, Soraka can outsustain her, even Janna doesn't have as bad a matchup as she used to against her (her E can easily block Sona's Q+Stacatto). The only champion I can think of that she dominates is Lulu.
The low damage is just a matter of numbers, I'm asking about the playstyle. Right now it seems most people feel Sona is weak, but if her numbers were stronger, do you think the gameplay around her Q and powerchord would be healthy? I don't think so. It's either going to feel too wimpy or be obnoxiously strong.
: Her Q deals pretty minimal damage unless you follow up with an auto. I don't particularly have a problem with her current Q because she's pretty easy to punish.
> [{quoted}](name=Solidair3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=b1l4Wdpr,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-02-26T17:02:24.322+0000) > > Her Q deals pretty minimal damage unless you follow up with an auto. I don't particularly have a problem with her current Q because she's pretty easy to punish. Yes if you have a hard engage support on your side, but what about other mage supports? Nearly all of them have to land some form of skillshot to get their harrass down while Sona does not. The only comparable situation might be Nami who has point and click harrass/sustain. Would making her Q conditional be more helpful than turning it into a skillshot? Like, she has to hit 2 enemy champs to get the aura bonus?
Rioter Comments
: Proving Lee Sin is numerically Overpowered by comparing him to every other Warrior Enchant Jungler
I don't have a problem with Lee Sin getting the highest damage combo out of that group since he brings the least to a team fight of any of those junglers (except maybe Nocturne). His entire role in a fight is to try and insec a squishy, which is mechanically very challenging, and beyond that he's pretty useless. I'm fine with Lee getting nice burst damage when his team fighting potential and sustained damage lag behind the champions you're comparing him to.
: The longer you postpone nerfing Lee, the harder you are going to have to hit him
I don't think he needs a nerf. His solo queue win rate is bad, his LCS win rate is mediocre, and now the pros are mostly dropping him for Vi, J4, Rek'sai, or Nidalee. I think he's been balanced for quite a while and it's just taken this long for people to finally realize it because lots of people like playing Lee Sin.
: all i see are veigar QQ threads
All my upvotes for you. So tired of people whining about changes when no one know how it will play when it goes live.
: Tiny Shen Buff to make him a META pick.
I think Shen needs some love, but this would just make him into a wimpier Sion. I hope any rework/buffs he gets will give him some mechanics a little more unique to him.
: I don't understand the Fiddlesticks nerf
Eh, Fiddle has been sleeper op for some months now. In solo q he's on the level with your Jarvans, etc. He's also super snowbally and frustrating to play against. I think this is too address how easy it is for a fed fiddle to fear/drain squishies without much counterplay.
: Am I crazy, or are tanks becoming obsolete?
You are crazy. {{champion:36}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:54}} There are a lot of viable tanks in the top lane right now that become incredibly hard to kill if they get ahead. Just watching a few pro games should convince of you this, if not try playing one of these champs. This is not to even mention how {{champion:89}} is probably the top solo q support atm, and she's a cc tank. Or how crazy succesful {{champion:59}} or {{champion:113}} are in the jungle in solo q right now, and they are both tanks with a lot of cc and some aoe damage. Now, if you fall behind an enemy carry and they hit last whisper before you hit your 3rd tank item (LW is generally their 3rd damage item), then yea you will get shredded. However, considering the best tank items are all cheaper than adc items if their carry hits LW before you got your 3rd item then you guys were prolly losing hard anyways.
Nixzilla (NA)
: Sona Buffs Please XD
I'd honestly rather see them rework her than give her buffs. There's simply no counterplay in her kit; fights with Sona are just a game of numbers either her q and w are strong enough to bully lane (or turn a team fight) or she gets bullied (or loses the fight). Depending on the numbers they give her she's either going to be too strong or too weak, I don't see how they can balance such a low counterplay, low skill set of abilities.
: Typical big plays in LCS
I think it's just that the animations for some champs, like Cassio, is faster and not as impressive looking. It makes it harder to process the play as its happening and respond accordingly. Cassio's ult especially feels lackluster when you're watching a game, the suddenness and lack of a good animation to go with it makes it hard to read and react to.
: So how many people here know that the new Ahri isn't a rework, but a REVERSION of a rework?
> PS - She's probably OP, hence she needs to be nerfed. But is MANA the right thing to nerf on Ahri? From my experience with her, she guzzles up mana pretty fast already. I like it, it gives an early window to abuse one of her biggest weaknesses, but shouldn't be too large of a weakness once she gets her first item.
: Vote me down - I agree with Phreak
Upvoted. This same logic could be applied to champs like Thresh and Zed (who also have sported below 50% win rates for months now). Lee's case is especially damning, because right now he's all the way down to [45% according to lolking.](http://www.lolking.net/champions/)
Frikgeek (EUNE)
: Oh yeah, a guy who wants to stack armor is surely effective vs all the ranged poke mages. Try playing Malph vs a good Lissandra and you'll see what I mean. She can ult when you try to ult her and then just kite you forever. Her Q CD can go down to like 2 seconds and with some manaregen she can endlessly spam it while you either take massive poke or are forced to miss out whole waves of cs.
> [{quoted}](name=Frikgeek,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KhfVViTb,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2015-01-27T19:35:59.500+0000) > > Oh yeah, a guy who wants to stack armor is surely effective vs all the ranged poke mages. Try playing Malph vs a good Lissandra and you'll see what I mean. She can ult when you try to ult her and then just kite you forever. Her Q CD can go down to like 2 seconds and with some manaregen she can endlessly spam it while you either take massive poke or are forced to miss out whole waves of cs. Against ranged AP poke, you simply max q and rush a chalice. That let's you poke back along with some MR to farm safely again. Malph does well against most of the popular top champs, Lissandra might be the only really dangerous matchup imo. But with Malph you shouldn't be going for kills in lane, you should be going for farm and then try to be a force in team fights.
Frikgeek (EUNE)
: Blind picking a tanky melee top is suicide in this meta. They'll just pick LIssandra/Swain/Ryze/Annie or whatever other midlane reject and make your life miserable. The state of toplane atm means you can't expect a tank all the time. Tanks beat Assassins, Assassins beat mages, and mages beat tanks. Lissandra beats everyone because she's a prick. So yeah, tanks are only safe picks in the jungle, but they can't really out-gank a Lee or a Jarvan. You'll have a better lategame, but that's only if you manage to get to lategame without your towers being down and a huge gold deficit.
I think that Malphite is almost always a safe pick top lane in the current meta, and he's about as tanky as it gets. He's versatile in his skills and build paths to stay in lane against many different matchups, and he only needs a few items to be effective in a team fight so he can win games while behind or ahead.
Rioter Comments
Krizalid (EUW)
: Lawyer (Attorney?) Taric - Skin Idea!
Upvoted for the Taric idea but also for how awesome Judge Nasus would be.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Seviang

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion