: Me: Hi I've had this login name since January of 2010
That's not how I've been told it works. Whoever took the name first gets priority. If you're getting prompted to change your name it's because you created it after someone else. You should actually send in and get a reply from player support before spreading false notions like this. https://i.imgur.com/u18gVKp.jpg[/img] Just going to the player support site would answer a lot of the questions surrounding threads like these in relation to the account transition. Whether players like or agree with the reasoning would be another matter altogether, but it's clear most are just jumping to conclusions and making assumptions without exhausting the resources available to them.
: Remember when they removed attack speed from Youmuus?
The impression I got was it was to cater toward marksmen who sometimes build lethality (Jhin, MF, Varus) and make that build path more viable, but it could also be a set up for Aphelios, who is supposedly a marksman but also visually (in his splash art) reads assassin imo. It wouldn't surprise me if they attempted another marksman-assassin hyrbrid.
Sukishoo (NA)
: I just looked and I could see other people just fine.
Are they in game? Because at the moment those in game display what they're currently playing. But the friends I have online, offline, or mobile all display my profile banner.
Rioter Comments
Skýcrow (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=FurriesAreHot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9dG4kEji,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-11-13T12:33:32.911+0000) > > Im a season 5 guy and I never knew S2/S3 had mages rushing athene's, cool fact! Keep in mind athenes back then was dif from the today athenes. Athenes was always a thing for mid, until riot reworked it. So it's not like riot just gave mages better mid items, they changed older good mid items into bad mid items. For example there was that purple staff in the game, who was pretty cheap gave u big Ap, and like 60MR also a Mr reduction aura that had like 1k aoe radius which basically reduced 15mr on everyone. If that item would come back im pretty sure mages would prob rush it again. Also ludens or glp aren't that strong. Sure they give u alot of cd and mana, but the main reason why they are so strong is because mana reg runes got removed and there is no real mana reg item for midlaners. Also as far as i know, mages in season 4 and 3 were even stronger than they are now. Pretty sure dfg ahri could oneshot tanks in one rotation "faker destroyed a malphite in competitive with dfg with just EWQR immediately. So yeah idk. I think damage just spykes faster but the lategame damage is more or less the same compared to the past. ** I think leblanc back in the day could even W into range to Q dfg R you and you died lategame. that's impossible today and it was extremely toxic tbh** I think when it comes to early game, we deal more burst than we did in the past. But i doubt we deal more damage with like 3 items today compared to the past
> For example there was that purple staff in the game, who was pretty cheap gave u big Ap, and like 60MR also a Mr reduction aura that had like 1k aoe radius which basically reduced 15mr on everyone. If that item would come back im pretty sure mages would prob rush it again. That was [Abyssal Scepter](https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Abyssal_Scepter), which was reworked into today's Abyssal Mask {{item:3001}}. The aura radius was subsequently nerfed to scale with model size so that mages wouldn't build it. > Also as far as i know, mages in season 4 and 3 were even stronger than they are now. Pretty sure dfg ahri could oneshot tanks in one rotation "faker destroyed a malphite in competitive with dfg with just EWQR immediately....think leblanc back in the day could even W into range to Q dfg R you and you died lategame. that's impossible today and it was extremely toxic tbh I would argue that "mages" weren't stronger then than they are now because opting into the DFG rush didn't make you a mage, it made you an assassin. Mages didn't really build DFG because getting into range to use the active often wasn't worth the risk, Syndra being an exception for on-click R one-shot. The only thing that made Ahri a mage back then was the label on her profile saying "mage" tbh, she was played pretty exclusively as an assassin. LB has always been an assassin, not a mage. The fact that she currently builds exactly like mages is a symptom of the large problem with AP itemization in the game, where mages, assassins, and bruisers all have to make do with, for the most part, the same builds. However, I do agree that DFG wasn't healthy which is why it was removed.
: > [{quoted}](name=ShadowGlaive213,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iVktlQEM,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-11-12T13:18:02.987+0000) > > Is she balanced? No, but I don't think balance alone dictates whether the rework was a success or failure. When I think of a successful or failed rework I think more of whether the champion is in a better or worse spot now than they were before the rework, since I think that's the larger, overarching goal of reworks. I think she's in a better spot now than she was before so I would very loosely say it succeeded in that goal. I think it's fair to say that the rework succeeded in some ways and failed in others, the OP basically laid it out that way as well. As players, she's a failure, because anytime a champ is only good to play as, but terrible in a toxic manner for EVERYONE to play against EVERYGAME, because that champ can outplay any champ, while being incredibly difficult to punish or exploit supposed "weaknesses", then it means that while akali players are having a better time, 5 enemy players are having a worse time. That's not success from a pure fun standpoint. But, from a playrate, skin sales, and skill cap level standpoint, sure, she was a success. But fuck riot and their money, I don't pay a penny for skins anymore.
I thought the thread was left intentionally vague, but then I looked at the poll and instead of a simple yes or no, it says, "Yes. She is an unbalanceable." This signaled to me that OP was using balance as the measure of success.
: Did the Akali rework fail?
Is she balanced? No, but I don't think balance alone dictates whether the rework was a success or failure. When I think of a successful or failed rework I think more of whether the champion is in a better or worse spot now than they were before the rework, since I think that's the larger, overarching goal of reworks. I think she's in a better spot now than she was before so I would very loosely say it succeeded in that goal.
: > [{quoted}](name=Placentas,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wE8oHXFB,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-10T18:29:37.495+0000) > > Odyssey Yas was great in the little cinematic! They gave him a personality in the short time he appeared unlike with this. This is an obvious grab for money, like it's a business, but mehh. Yeah in that cinematic you could see how he was. Fist bumping with Malphite and flinching and falling back slightly. Reading that FanFic novel scene was just fun to see. Him just acting cheeky moving the board piece in the board game while Jinx and Malphite were distracted. Showing his annoyance about Jinx and the blasted camera, even later grabbing it and throwing it into the lunch tube. Everything about him was just fun. Not a single word was uttered and yet he beamed with personality.
It wasn't in the video, but some promotional Riot posts on social media show a bit of personality leading up to the vid's release. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-G7ZF-VUwcf4/XcW91DgZEfI/AAAAAAABHZI/Fk0SHAOGBD48BjMmhVxU7Uz0qYPlLMjgQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/EIymbJNW4AAvINX.jpg https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JDbWVoAzgLg/XceSp111FmI/AAAAAAABHbY/EN66wYgdqVw74K29i8Z8A-Sydrl-f5HCwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/75588109_10162801293720556_2598608441333252096_o.jpg
17171 (EUW)
: Lets sum up the final and get a look at why it seemed rigged.
Players disagreeing with or questioning strategic choices teams made is something that always comes after losses so I won't speak to that. However, I disagree that G2 looked beat before the first game. They looked fine imo, but they certainly looked devastated after the series was over, especially Perkz. So unless they're all somehow decent actors while also being pro gamers I don't really believe it was rigged, and that's not even getting into the fact that there isn't much incentive for G2 to co-conspire as far as I'm aware. As for the Worlds song I think people get too hung up on the name. If you watch the music vid the concept of "Phoenix" revolves around veterans rising again, and showcased the favorites of SKT, G2, and IG, so I'm more inclined to believe the name is a coincidence.
: What's the actual excuse of TD Yasuo?
I don't think there's any real reason to believe the artists chose the champions. Even in K/DA in [this](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WJt9xd7zbw) interview it seemed at least Soyeon and Miyeon were pretty ignorant to LoL. The concepts overall seem too thought out to simply hand a roster of 140+ champions over to artists who aren't familiar with LoL and ask them to pick a champ cuz reasons. From a creative standpoint it makes more sense that champions were chosen by the skins team and then artists were selected to voice them, both in K/DA and TD.
: > [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TNHuqOo9,comment-id=000400000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-25T23:33:37.519+0000) > > Well for reference, Garen is 24, kat is younger than Garen, Cass is younger than Kat, Talon is younger than Cass. This put's him at around 20. > Again, his base skin really makes him look super old. Garen's age is proposed by a Youtuber's headcannon (Necrit) The same Youtuber said Kat is in her late twenties and Talon in his mid twenties, lol
For people's reference, Rioter said Garen's ["about 25"](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/AsE2ETod-spoilers-lux-issue-nr-1-feedback-discussion-and-questions?comment=0010) in the comic, but it's worth noting that where in the timeline it falls in relation to [For Demacia](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/for-demacia/) is still kind of up in the air last I heard. If For Demacia does take place after the Mage Rebellion then Garen could be a few years older than that at present.
Sillae (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ShadowGlaive213,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Uk5EAX7N,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-10-27T01:17:37.595+0000) > > I got Star Guardian Ahri and Dawnbringer Riven who are not listed. > > I also got Eternum Nocturne who is. He's asking about the single token you were given, man.
> [{quoted}](name=Sillae,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Uk5EAX7N,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-10-27T01:47:06.355+0000) > > He's asking about the single token you were given, man. I have 3 accounts...
: What Legendary Skin did you get
I got Star Guardian Ahri and Dawnbringer Riven who are not listed. I also got Eternum Nocturne who is.
: Please Show Us Which Order Drakes Will Spawn In During Champ Select Next Season.
I feel like this would result in a lot more dodges. If players see they have an unfavorable drake line up for their picks or a favorable line up for the other team they can dodge at least once in hopes of getting a better roll, which adds to queue times given that each player can do it.
: [CLIENT] friends list disappeared
My friend got this bug 5pm~ PDT. He was online fine 45min~ prior. He tried logging out and restarting the client while checking task manager to no avail so we had to play without him. He appeared offline to us. https://i.imgur.com/O8DWV27.png[/img]
: I mean, the guy who claimed they were avoiding saying the team's name cited TWO instances of it. Two points are not enough to extrapolate a pattern from... Especially when the data set seems suspiciously incomplete. There have to have been more times that the name "Hong Kong Attitude" came up during broadcasts... Why weren't those cited? Maybe because they don't fit the narrative?
There's actually 3 instances that I know of so the whole "[once](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHEiLIGtLFU&t=235) an incident, [twice](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEqn3FlKJdM&t=535) a coincidence, [three](https://clips.twitch.tv/AltruisticReliableClipsmomMVGame) times a pattern" resonates with people, and since it would be a new instruction the casters aren't likely to catch themselves every time. There's also something about after HKA won they were supposed to go to a live interview as per usual, but it got "delayed" and wasn't shown until much later, causing many to suspect they wanted to screen their interview before airing it. This Riot response also doesn't make sense since they claim they'd rather the team be referred to by their full name, but in the examples people are talking about the casters stop in the middle of saying the full name to say the initials instead, so it feels like they're trying to twist the narrative from "they were going to say Hong Kong Attitude" to "they were going to say Hong Kong", which if true, begs the question why they didn't correct themselves by saying "Attitude" instead of HKA. Although Riot might be relying on it, I personally am not going to sift through all of the footage to see if there are more examples or compare the number of times they said one thing or the other. Intent is the hardest thing to prove when one side is holding most of the cards and doesn't change the fact that this behavior is odd or that they would never admit it even if the suspicions are true.
: Casters are avoiding saying the words ‘Hong Kong’.
Damn, I just got a Riot survey asking about LoL eSports the other day too...
Rewt (NA)
: New Client
I would also like the Server Notification color to be reverted. Before, the exclamation mark was blue, yellow, or red, and corresponded with the indicator on the Boards and post login screen. These colors are straightforward and intuitive. Currently the new login screen displays a purple exclamation mark instead of a yellow one.
: Didn't a Rioter say they don't do that because recording 2 VOs at once could blow out the VA's voice/hurt them?
Lux did receive her VO update when she got her ultimate skin iirc. The post I think you're referring to is [FauxSchizzle's comment](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/1J43KWot-can-we-get-a-vo-remake-roadmap-what-champions-need-a-vo-update?comment=00060000), which the impression I got was that it was more an issue of time.
Rioter Comments
Rαy (EUW)
: Please create a toggle option for SG Xayah and Rakan - their pure forms look too good to be ignored
Don't know if someone mentioned this already, but here's the [Riot response](https://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/client-new-features-feedback/Yf0OzEyH-pbe-bugs-feedback-thread-star-guardian-xayah?comment=00010004) to the request for a ctrl+5 toggle or variant. Though this doesn't really affect me, I agree with most of the community responses that their argument doesn't make sense.
Naalith (NA)
: Riot, just make a new Collection tab for Eternals. The new champions tab looks terrible
I don't understand why when I sort by ownership and mastery the Free Rotation is listed first...
: > [{quoted}](name=XXXMurderPenguin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NxwIKZN0,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-08-27T20:48:03.329+0000) > > Was she Support Main, Mid lane Secondary? I can see that so her damage should be WAY lower. IIRC she was released as a mid lane mage and that's where she was played until people figured out that she made a better support. Back then they didn't really discern between primary/secondary roles, they just showcased them in the role they thought they'd be played in. Mages invading bot has been a thing for a while but that's what happens when the lines between the champion roles are blurry and comparable gold is offered through items. Not to mention the OP's point that the only reliable survivors in mid are mobile assassins these days, and we all know how relatively immobile mages do against those guys.
I started playing toward the end of season 2 and started maining Lux in season 3, and as far as I know she was mid lane because her mana costs were too high to win trades in bot. This isn't to say that she was never played in support, just that it really wasn't optimal for a long time. However, in 8.9 they decreased the mana cost and cd of her Q and E, increased her q dmg at earlier levels, and guaranteed double shielding on her W on the way back. This, combined with the fact that Lux's waveclear isn't as good/reliable as other mid lane mages, allowed her to move into the support role imo.
Cascoon (NA)
: Why are eggs not a part of the TFT beta rewards?
Last split first reward was a choice of 3 eggs. But yeah, as others have said, it's so you have to gamble for them, though I wouldn't be surprised if they made a Victorious variant as a ranked reward at the end of the season.
: > [{quoted}](name=ShadowGlaive213,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qenNYvox,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-08-16T19:31:55.922+0000) > > EDIT: > When you say "runs through the whole family" I'm not sure if you meant most of the Crownguards or all of them, because I don't believe Garen is magical. Sylas can detect magic but was [surprised](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/comic/lux/issue-3/9/) when he absorbed magic from his sword. If Garen were magical then Sylas would've seen it as he sees Lux and other mages. I think most of the Crownguard family is indeed mages with most of the non-mages being outsiders who married into the family. For headcanon-theory I think the reason that Sylas can't see the magic Garen has is because Garen is wearing full petricite armor, which absorbs magic and "covers" him. Sylas doesn't see all the city as a giant magical lightbulb so it stands to reason that Petricite could disguise or mask anyone who has magic. This is also seen when Lux drinks petricite juice (The M I N E R A L M I L K) and her "light" vanishes to Sylas.
The on-going debate over Garen's gear aside, the magic Sylas pulled from [Garen's sword](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/comic/lux/issue-3/10/) is illustrated the same as that which he pulled in and from the [palace](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/comic/lux/issue-4/4/) which visually corresponds with Kayle's magic, which is further supported by the fact that he also pulls magic that matches [Morgana's](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/comic/lux/issue-4/5/). I'm also not convinced the entire city is made of petricite since the Seeker at the end of Issue #3 [makes a point](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/comic/lux/issue-3/11/) of saying the mages would be really vulnerable at the palace _because_ the entire place is fortified with petricite. If the whole city were made out of petricite technically everywhere is fortified with petricite and being in the palace wouldn't be different from anywhere else. I haven't seen any verification that the city is made of petricite outside of their defensive walls, the palace, and Galio.
: > [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qenNYvox,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-16T19:07:14.204+0000) > > Lux hasn't admitted anything yet though? Well Garen knows that she's a mage, at the very least, and I don't think that was established in lore yet. I'd also assume the Crownguards as a whole actually have magical powers and that it runs through the whole family. Can't confirm it yet but I bet Tianna healed Garen when the surgeon couldn't, which would explain why he went from "Deathbed" to "C'MERE SYLAS RIP AND TEAR"
He already knew she was a mage as implied in Garen's short story "[The Soldier and the Hag](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/garen-color-story/)" which was released in the Demacian lore update prior to the one that happened when Sylas was released. In that same update they gave us "[For Demacia](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/for-demacia/)" where it is also implied that Garen knows. Lux's mother at the very least already knew that Lux is a mage, evident in "[Flesh and Stone](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/flesh-and-stone/)"(also from that update iirc) where she invites an annuller to the home to "help" with her powers. EDIT: When you say "runs through the whole family" I'm not sure if you meant most of the Crownguards or all of them, because I don't believe Garen is magical. Sylas can detect magic but was [surprised](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/comic/lux/issue-3/9/) when he absorbed magic from his sword. If Garen were magical then Sylas would've seen it as he sees Lux and other mages.
patmax17 (EUW)
: Can I ask what you find particularly well done and/or interesting in that series? I honestly think it's quite underwhelming, it doesn't get me invested in the characters, they and the story are quite flat and predictable... The only thing that I really liked is how powerful Gare is portrayed when he fights, but that's not enough to make the series a good series. I liked the series on Ashe a lot better, for example, it had interesting and strong characters, unexpected story developements and a beautiful art style. I'm honestly here to hear what you think of the Lux comic, I'd like to hear a different, more positive point of view ^^
I think the series is interesting simply from all the new information or confirmation we're getting in terms of the fact that Sylas can't detect all forms of magic, that Garen's weapon is blessed by Kayle, Kayle and Morg fought in the halls of Demacia, it's implied that Jarvan loves Shyvana and that she left, the potential of yet another party involved that has yet to be identified etc. Granted this is kind of a low bar set by years of next to no development. While I think it's a decent comic, it fails as a Lux comic. She only appears on 5/20 of the pages of the latest issue and we've still yet to learn anything new or interesting about her, so I've actually been calling it a Sylas comic.
: See I thought this was supposed to be referencing Lux, but it could just as easily be Shyvana.
I think it's unlikely that he's referencing Lux. When Jarvan said they're "not her", Garen tells him he needs to move on, and suggests Lux as an alternative.
EchoBun (NA)
: Shyvana is absent from everything happening in Demacia though she is said to be part of the crown princes royal guard. Does this mean that her lore is pushed forward in the timeline and jarvan meets her as king, or that her lore is to be considered non-canon at the moment. If not where was she?
I think Shyvana is currently in limbo. They likely didn't want to involve her much since she was part of the Champion Update vote that Fid and Voli won, which means she is slated for an update and a lot of things are likely to change when that update does hit.
: So, this'd be fine and all but we're probably not getting Trick or Treat/Bewitching this year. If the pattern holds up, it'll be either a more serious Harrowing skin, i.e. Death Sworn, or a new take on a subset of Halloween, i.e. Zombie Slayer.
Agreed, also sounds a bit ambitious considering Riot always splits Halloween work with World's content.
: Why ranked ARAM should be a future addition
As I recall the reason for not having ranked ARAM wasn't the RNG. The reasons I've seen Riot provide is that they want ARAM to remain a "for fun" game mode and it would hurt their champion income too hard. Introducing a ranked queue would make it a more competitive mode and not one that would allow you to "calm down from normal ranked". Also, in order to have competitive ranked play, they'd have to unlock all champions which would decrease their champion sales.
: An answer to this question has already been posted almost a week ago now: [Meddler's QGT: August 2](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/jo628Zmn-quick-gameplay-thoughts-august-2) > **How we think about maintaining multiple versions of a feature** > > Given recent discussion around the Legacy Cursor I figured a bit of visibility into our thought process when it comes to offering multiple different versions of a feature might be of interest. Before diving into that though, for anyone who's missed it the option to use the Legacy Cursor's back in again. > > So, first off, general thoughts on benefits and costs of maintaining prior functionality when we update something. I'm assuming here that the output of the feature in question is the same (e.g. a cursor you use to control the game, a patcher that updates the game for you, a particular UI etc). Things like old and new versions of a champion by contrast are a very different case because what one player chooses impacts others. > > The benefit side of things is pretty straightforward - it lets us give different groups of players what they want. The cost side by contrast tends to be more complex, particularly depending on what the feature in question is. Meaningful costs we think about include: > > * The ongoing extra time that will be required to support multiple versions going forwards. Tends to mean things like having to make additional new pieces of art, fix the same bug in multiple places, additional QA testing each patch. For some features that time cost's trivial. For others (e.g. maintaining multiple versions of the in game HUD after its update a few years back) it adds a lot of extra time. > * Some improvements that would be great for most users can end up being blocked by the need to support older functionality. Supporting really old operating systems for example can block improvements to things like memory usage for everyone else. > * The total size and complexity of the game's code base has some impact on how quickly we can develop new features. Removing anything unnecessary gives us future efficiency as a result, which is particularly important for games like LoL with long lifespans and regular updates. > > Looking at the Legacy Cursor as an example: > > * We shipped an update to LoL's cursor in July 2018. Our belief was that the updated version would be a better experience for most players. That generally seemed to be true, testing did indicate that a subset of players indicated they found the cursor change really disruptive though. > * In response to that we added a Legacy Cursor option to allow players to opt into the old functionality. Cost, both upfront and ongoing, of doing so was pretty low and audience asking for the old cursor seemed to be of a meaningful size. > * As with any legacy feature we made a note to reassess at some point, see if it was still worth supporting or no longer necessary. > * Somewhere along the way we got some wires crossed in our internal communication and the need to assess the Legacy Cursor was assumed to instead be a need to remove it a year later. Cursor gets removed, players get understandably sad. > * We then take a look at who's using it, see that it's around 10% of the LoL playerbase, and add it back in. Cost of maintaining it's low and value seems pretty meaningful.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Rycerz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=29JdQyIg,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-08T22:53:32.577+0000) > > An answer to this question has already been posted almost a week ago now: > > [Meddler's QGT: August 2](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/jo628Zmn-quick-gameplay-thoughts-august-2) So TL;DR they're going to wait until the percentage of players using it decreases to the point where they can justify removing it, which is inevitable because the new cursor is the default. Older players are the ones using the legacy cursor and most new players don't know the option exists, so as old players leave and new players join eventually the cursor will go.
: Game modes won't come back, here is why:
I agree with you for the most part, but ARAM does bring in income via Skin Boosts and can now also contribute in Little Legends money since they function like pets, following you around on Howling Abyss. I don't think ARAM will be going anywhere anytime soon.
Rioter Comments
Auve (NA)
: In Defense of the Treeline
> Please start by posting your favorite memories of the treeline; how you found it; what you want changed; what the end of this 10 year old map would mean to you. Fighting near Vilewmaw was always the highlight for me and always seemed more threatening than Baron because you can play around its pull. Even though everyone generally died afterward, it was fun watching both teams getting pulled into one big group hug when it was time to contest it. I started playing toward the end of s2 and first tried 3s when I was exploring other queues. Since I was just starting out though I was spending most of my time just learning SR, and as we've established Riot hasn't really made any changes since. Like many others, I didn't get back into 3s until they started offering victorious chromas. In my experience and to my knowledge though, unless you were funneling, bruisers tended to perform the best, and unfortunately I play a small pool of enchanters and mages and always wished there was a place for my champions in 3s. Ever since Baron and Dragon were changed to have a global announcement when taken, I've been suggesting that Vilemaw also receive a global announcement. When ARAM got starting gates last season, I asked that 3s get starting gates as well. I also supported everyone else in getting 3s included for event missions. While I don't play enough 3s to know how severe the botting issue is, I did get a bot in game 5 of my promos to gold last season and it _really_ sucked. While I don't think Diana is considered meta here, I started spending a lot of time playing her because of 3s and enjoyed it, bad match making aside. I fed far less here than when I played her on SR or ARAM, and managed to solo gold every season I tried. Twisted Treeline ending this way would just be another big reason not to hope when it comes to Riot/LoL. Honestly though, they've already given me enough reasons to quit at the end of the season, this just adds to an already lengthy list.
Schenix (NA)
: Vilemaw [Twisted Treeline]
I found Vilemaw more challenging than Baron because it would pull both teams toward it and I'd love if it came back in some form, but as it stands it probably won't. Wraiths were replaced with raptors when SR got its VU because they didn't match the new aesthetic, so it's unlikely Vilemaw will come to SR imo.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Pantheon and those awesome splashes!
I question the decision to change Baker Panth's bread loaf to a pie. Conceptually I thought bread made more sense, as it was a play off of the word "pan" and he literally wielded bread and butter.
: You're right that Lux is not an active protagonist, but I think that's the point. She's a girl hiding her identity from her controlling family (i.e. Garen) and being manipulated by a person she trusts. Her whole deal is to slip between the cracks unnoticed, so of course she's not the primary agent of any event so far. There're a couple possibilities: 1) It's Lux's story just because it's told from her perspective. Or 2) By the end, she'll likely do something to influence the Demacian society with regard to at least her own magic, rather than continuing to concede her agency to others. Basically, she'll come out as a mage. I think that's more likely, and that's character growth that justifies the story being about her.
I understand that she's currently hiding, and I don't think she has to be driving the plot at this point to have presence. With how it's been written/illustrated the focus is often more on how Sylas is manipulating her or what Garen is doing rather than Lux's steps toward her growth. There's also the fact that although we're learning new things about Sylas, Garen et al we haven't really learned anything new about Lux, leaving us in a state of simply waiting for her to catch up with her current lore. The comics shift perspective throughout between Lux, Sylas, and Garen, and is hardly reason enough to call it her story/comic imo considering Riot has previously used other's perspectives to tell us about a champion, most recently Malphite. As far as we know Kahina and some Illuminators are ultimately the only ones that will learn Lux is a mage since she actively hides her magic from Garen, the Dauntless Vanguard, and townspeople in "[For Demacia](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/for-demacia/)", so it's fairly safe to say she will remain in the closet. I think it's more likely that this series ends up being "How She Met Kahina" and that would justify calling it Lux's story, but time will tell. Having said that, periods between releases could also be playing a factor. Reading it as a Sylas comic so far is intriguing, but reading it as a Lux comic feels like I've been waiting over 2 months for something interesting to happen. Perhaps reading the series back to back once they're all released will feel different, but it's something to consider in terms of pacing, if not for this then for the future.
Rioter Comments
: Patch 9.14: Fallout 76 Edition
Is this only on SR or on all maps? I haven't played yet so I was wondering if it's worth logging on today =X
: 9.14: Lore Update
I already said this elsewhere, but while the comic itself is good, I don't think it's a good "Lux comic" if that makes sense. Lux feels less like the protagonist of the story and more a foil for Sylas and/or Garen, who have a lot more interesting things going on imo that overshadow her. She might be in the boat, but Sylas and Garen are the ones steering it. I acknowledge that we still have 2 more issues coming, but so far it feels like a Sylas comic trying to be sold as a Lux comic, which is a disservice to both champions.
: I honestly do not believe that TFT is ready for a Ranked Queue in its current state.
It doesn't make sense to me to introduce a new ranked queue when half the season is already over. They should wait until preseason to bring it in. This would give them time to give us all the information we need in a clear format, make changes, and give it its own ranked rewards.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Well in general this comic is basically the comic-version of {{champion:517}}s backstory, so it makes sense that he gets the most focus and development in this comic.
Then why didn't they just make it a Sylas comic?
GreenLore (EUW)
: I think they'll save that for later. Her shielding people with her powers and realizing that her powers can be used for good, sounds like something that would happen at the climax of a story arc, not at the half-way point.
That's fair. I just want them to give me a reason to root for Lux, because while I understand they're writing her as still developing, I'm dying for a reason to take interest in her. While the comic itself is good, I don't think it's a good "Lux comic" if that makes sense. She feels less like the protagonist of the story and more a foil for Sylas and/or Garen, who have a lot more interesting things going on imo that overshadow her. She might be in the boat, but Sylas and Garen are the ones steering it.
Sadalsa (EUW)
: You must hover your grade after the game ends for it to show on your match history
I don't think that's how it works because I always hover my grade in post game but it's still not visible on a good chunk of my match history.
: > [{quoted}](name=ShadowGlaive213,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xcrR2bEH,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T23:56:01.820+0000) > > I was more thinking more that this would be a point where they could've brought in the shielding aspect of her kit, since Riot has been integrating more and more gameplay into lore or vice versa. I think greenlore realizes that, he just means that she does not have the precise control required to shield people sorry if you simply meant this would've been a good point to have her do that, not "she should of been able to"
Well they specifically mentioned attacking Sylas, and I already acknowledged in my original comment that she may not be able to. But yeah, I meant it would've been a good opportunity to integrate that aspect of gameplay while giving her some real agency that I feel she's been lacking in the series thus far.
: > [{quoted}](name=fifek900,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xcrR2bEH,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T20:58:38.986+0000) > > i bet 100$ on most people in Demacia being illiterate. On top of that many of people who can read may not actually have access to these papers. has this argument happened before lol
Yeah I made a [thread](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/0fk4pLvF-what-if-journal-of-justice-was-a-demacian-newspaper) about possibly integrating the old JoJ into the new lore as an easter egg, which literacy was brought up in the discussion. Basically unless a Red confirms or denies the literacy of Demacia we're all just guessing.
GreenLore (EUW)
: At this point she has barely any experience in using her powers in combat, so if she had used her powers she would have likely killed people herself by accident and would have made the situation worse. Not to mention that Sylas still uses Petricite shackles, so if Lux attacked Sylas she might accidently charge him up.
I was more thinking more that this would be a point where they could've brought in the shielding aspect of her kit, since Riot has been integrating more and more gameplay into lore or vice versa.
: [Spoilers] Lux: Issue Nr. 3 - Feedback, Discussion and Questions
I was disappointed. I thought if there was a time for Lux to really shine in some way it would've been now. Yes, she used her powers to break out, but she didn't think to use her powers to protect all those people, or at least to protect Garen if Riot didn't want her mage-ness to be exposed yet since supposedly no one else survived the riot. Instead all she can think to do is throw her body in front of people and beg? If she doesn't know how to use her powers to protect yet, hopefully that'll be in the next issue, if not the one after. It's just strange to me that this issue places us almost where we are currently in lore but Lux is so vastly behind in terms of development.
DevilHøøk (EUNE)
: Arclight Thresh(old concept)
I remember this. I believe [this](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4429636) was the original thread by Relogged. Considering Thresh is a darker character already I thought a light concept would diversify his skin pool but we've gotten Dark Star, Blood Moon, and High Noon instead. While they are well executed, I really hope Thresh's next skin is Arclight, or some form of it, that or Dog Walker Thresh. These ideas have been around for at least 5 years and haven't been made yet, but Riot did eventually deliver Dragon Master Swain so the possibility is still there.
Show more

ShadowGlaive213

Level 185 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion