: > [{quoted}](name=kingkosta22,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T12:06:15.208+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UnZPaZUm7A ? Jesus christ, how are you playing on 7 ping? guess they didn't remove the bug after all. Can anyone on here replicate this on 60+ ping?
> [{quoted}](name=kingkosta22,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T14:04:32.266+0000) > > combo is not about ping its about being on max posible r range. > 7 ping cuz its replay of game ..... ~~Why would watching a replay change your distance from the server? ~~ nvm i guess 7 ping is just the standard for replays. op's video confused me because I can't tell if its a replay or a recording of someone in practice tool. I'm guessing that original video was a recording thus the 27 ping.
kingkosta22 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T11:54:29.810+0000) > > Nice comeback. You're right, I'm just not good enough to cheat as well as you. Guess we'll never know tho, because this bug was rightly removed. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UnZPaZUm7A ?
> [{quoted}](name=kingkosta22,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T12:06:15.208+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UnZPaZUm7A ? Jesus christ, how are you playing on 7 ping? guess they didn't remove the bug after all. Can anyone on here replicate this on 60+ ping?
ARC RAZIEL (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T22:57:50.717+0000) > > The first time riot tried to remove the bug a season ago they cited the fact that the combo was inconsistent due to ping levels as one of the justifications for removing it. Also, you are right. I've never done it, and guess what? I don't ever plan to knowingly abuse any bugged mechanics in this game. nah boy u dont have hands to do it.
> [{quoted}](name=ARC RAZIEL,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T08:59:56.188+0000) > > nah boy u dont have hands to do it. Nice comeback. You're right, I'm just not good enough to cheat as well as you. Guess we'll never know tho, because this bug was rightly removed. :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-18T18:53:27.177+0000) > > I would think that counter-play was a relatively simple concept. Why was Leblanc's silence removed? Point and click. The same logic applies to this combo. > > As for how hard the actual combo is, its pretty much ping dependent. After a bit of practice Im sure anyone with a low ping could do it consitsently. Well, dia mains at Plat and below were not able to do it consistently. I think I did it once or twice. While every gold+ riven main can animation cancel. For your other point. Leblank had a point and click silence (cc). On a basic ability. And riot for some reason decided that cc in assassins is bad. So they started to remove them, especially silences. For some strange reseason they left her snare which was and is 5 times more troublesome than her silence. And called it counterplay. Leblank still will qrq you for half your hp bar. And you still won't do anything against it unless your reaction time is fast enough to stop Diana rqr. Yes exactly Diana rqr could be stopped. And counterplayed by either flash or displacements (ex: gragas e). Because she is not unstoppable during her dash. Honesty I might be a dia main but the bug fix didn't effect me as in my elo (Plat and below), other Diana players could not rqr not would the players there reach to rqr (they often do not even react to qrr). It's just a nerf for high eol Diana players. which is why the guy made a comparison with tenis and Nadal. It's not that Nadal would be the Diana player, but all the tennis players are Diana mains. But the really good tennis players (Diana players) put in a lot of work to serve aces (rqr).
> [{quoted}](name=Serika Zero,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-19T09:14:42.931+0000) > > Well, dia mains at Plat and below were not able to do it consistently. I think I did it once or twice. > While every gold+ riven main can animation cancel. > > For your other point. Leblank had a point and click silence (cc). On a basic ability. And riot for some reason decided that cc in assassins is bad. So they started to remove them, especially silences. > > For some strange reseason they left her snare which was and is 5 times more troublesome than her silence. And called it counterplay. > Leblank still will qrq you for half your hp bar. And you still won't do anything against it unless your reaction time is fast enough to stop Diana rqr. > > Yes exactly Diana rqr could be stopped. And counterplayed by either flash or displacements (ex: gragas e). Because she is not unstoppable during her dash. > > Honesty I might be a dia main but the bug fix didn't effect me as in my elo (Plat and below), other Diana players could not rqr not would the players there reach to rqr (they often do not even react to qrr). > It's just a nerf for high eol Diana players. > which is why the guy made a comparison with tenis and Nadal. > > It's not that Nadal would be the Diana player, but all the tennis players are Diana mains. But the really good tennis players (Diana players) put in a lot of work to serve aces (rqr). Whether you like my comparison or not, it should be obvious that diana's ult power budget is balanced around landing the q first. Perhaps a better comparison would be if Katarina could instantly drop her dagger with w and reset her e after using it, thus effectively bypassing the grace period her w is supposed to give the opponent and making it unnecessary to even cast her q first to reset her blink.
4everking5 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-18T13:47:53.448+0000) > > So, what you're saying is that you want Diana to be the Nadal of league of legends? > > Agreed, fuck balancing champions. If a champ has a broken mechanic, they should just keep it. It's the other player's fault for not picking the champion first, because league is just like tennis. If you aren't Nadal or Federer you deserve to lose. > > ^ Diana main's logic xD Djokovic just sayin
> [{quoted}](name=4everking5,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050002,timestamp=2019-07-19T00:00:40.154+0000) > > Djokovic just sayin When i was growing up the two best rated tennis players were always Federer and Nadal. Honestly had no idea Djokovic is currently the best player. Good for him. :D
ARC RAZIEL (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000000000000020000,timestamp=2019-07-18T18:41:38.890+0000) > > Yawn, very hard to learn combo that depends on having low ping~ don't kid yourself. xD > > p.s. you're bad at insults so just don't bother. :) where u get that info its about having low ping ? i done it over 1k times on NA server while playing with 140 ms ?? what df are u taling about ? u dont even know what u trash talk but still talking like u know anything about it, or like u ever done it or seen it.
> [{quoted}](name=ARC RAZIEL,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T19:32:44.941+0000) > > where u get that info its about having low ping ? i done it over 1k times on NA server while playing with 140 ms ?? what df are u taling about ? u dont even know what u trash talk but still talking like u know anything about it, or like u ever done it or seen it. The first time riot tried to remove the bug a season ago they cited the fact that the combo was inconsistent due to ping levels as one of the justifications for removing it. Also, you are right. I've never done it, and guess what? I don't ever plan to knowingly abuse any bugged mechanics in this game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:28:18.687+0000) > > Comparing faker or Nadal to a champion just doesn't make sense, because the champions are avatars being controlled by the player. My understanding was that the op was actually equating Nadal to the player playing Diana, not Diana. So as long as the op mechanic is difficult enough to execute (ace in tennis), then it is ok for it to be in the game. For the analogy to work, then the mechanic has to be difficult enough that even faker cannot do it consistently. Second, the mechanic must have different levels of success. For example, I have gotten a couple aces in tennis before, but if I was playing against Nadal, he would have had no problem returning it and most likely do a return ace. So for the mechanic to be successful, then it needs to be possible for noobs to do it somewhat successfully, but only have 0 counterplay if done perfectly (which needs to be difficult for pros). This is very difficult since many mechanics in league are simply success or failure (Shurima shuffle for example).
> [{quoted}](name=MidEvilKnight3k,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000004,timestamp=2019-07-18T21:16:38.778+0000) > > My understanding was that the op was actually equating Nadal to the player playing Diana, not Diana. So as long as the op mechanic is difficult enough to execute (ace in tennis), then it is ok for it to be in the game. > > For the analogy to work, then the mechanic has to be difficult enough that even faker cannot do it consistently. > > Second, the mechanic must have different levels of success. For example, I have gotten a couple aces in tennis before, but if I was playing against Nadal, he would have had no problem returning it and most likely do a return ace. > > So for the mechanic to be successful, then it needs to be possible for noobs to do it somewhat successfully, but only have 0 counterplay if done perfectly (which needs to be difficult for pros). This is very difficult since many mechanics in league are simply success or failure (Shurima shuffle for example). Which is exactly why the analogy is bad. The mechanic is dependent on ping not skill.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:28:18.687+0000) > > Bro, you just don't get it at all. There is nothing wrong with faker and Nadal having an advantage due to experience, skill, strength, speed or whatever metric you want to use. It's fine because these are individuals who earn their advantages through a combination of hard work and talent. > > Comparing faker or Nadal to a champion just doesn't make sense, because the champions are avatars being controlled by the player. Playing a certain champion should never equate to a superstar athlete playing with less talented or successful ones. All champions should have the same baseline strength in order for the game to be balanced. All you and the op are advocating is keeping diana stronger than the other champions with this tennis analogy. When i play ahri mid vs diana, it shouldn't feel like I'm Andy Roddick playing against Rafael Nadal or in league terms: ryu vs faker. Faker and Nadal earned their reputation and advantages with their own merit, but my opponent didn't earn shit just by picking diana. > > All I'm saying is that the op's analogy was terrible and that diana's rq combo shouldn't be left in the game because it lacks counter-play. Also, im done responding to you, because all you're doing is calling me shit and making assumptions about my skill or intelligence. I get way more creative insults in the normal que games i play nowadays, so you're kind of boring me. so, what's the difference between Diana players doing RQR after a few weeks of practice and alistar players doing WQ after 5 minutes of practice? or riven players doing animation cancels after a few hours of practice? or lee players being able to Q ward hop mid air (and jump behind you) and then R you back in their team?? Where you draw the line of "unfair mechanic" vs "fair mechanic" ? And how do you draw it? A lot of things in this game "lack counterplay". Here's a small list: auto attacks especially auto attacks from ADCs not named Kalista. Point and click skills. Point and click INSTANT CC (aka: fiddle fear, lulu's polimorf, malza's ult, etc). stupid self buffs: olaf's i attack faster and heal if i'm getting low; Trynda's I won't die for 5 seconds ult, similar on Kayle, etc. What's the counterplay of playing Veigar into Fizz? etc The whole crybaby call of "counterplay" is stupid. You can pick any character and this game, and say what that character lacks counterplay and its broken,
> [{quoted}](name=Serika Zero,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:02:06.105+0000) > > so, what's the difference between Diana players doing RQR after a few weeks of practice and alistar players doing WQ after 5 minutes of practice? > or riven players doing animation cancels after a few hours of practice? > or lee players being able to Q ward hop mid air (and jump behind you) and then R you back in their team?? > > Where you draw the line of "unfair mechanic" vs "fair mechanic" ? > And how do you draw it? > > A lot of things in this game "lack counterplay". > Here's a small list: > auto attacks > especially auto attacks from ADCs not named Kalista. > Point and click skills. > Point and click INSTANT CC (aka: fiddle fear, lulu's polimorf, malza's ult, etc). > stupid self buffs: olaf's i attack faster and heal if i'm getting low; Trynda's I won't die for 5 seconds ult, similar on Kayle, etc. > What's the counterplay of playing Veigar into Fizz? etc > > > The whole crybaby call of "counterplay" is stupid. You can pick any character and this game, and say what that character lacks counterplay and its broken, I would think that counter-play was a relatively simple concept. Why was Leblanc's silence removed? Point and click. The same logic applies to this combo. As for how hard the actual combo is, its pretty much ping dependent. After a bit of practice Im sure anyone with a low ping could do it consitsently.
kaponiO (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:28:18.687+0000) > > Bro, you just don't get it at all. There is nothing wrong with faker and Nadal having an advantage due to experience, skill, strength, speed or whatever metric you want to use. It's fine because these are individuals who earn their advantages through a combination of hard work and talent. > > Comparing faker or Nadal to a champion just doesn't make sense, because the champions are avatars being controlled by the player. Playing a certain champion should never equate to a superstar athlete playing with less talented or successful ones. All champions should have the same baseline strength in order for the game to be balanced. All you and the op are advocating is keeping diana stronger than the other champions with this tennis analogy. When i play ahri mid vs diana, it shouldn't feel like I'm Andy Roddick playing against Rafael Nadal or in league terms: ryu vs faker. Faker and Nadal earned their reputation and advantages with their own merit, but my opponent didn't earn shit just by picking diana. > > All I'm saying is that the op's analogy was terrible and that diana's rq combo shouldn't be left in the game because it lacks counter-play. Also, im done responding to you, because all you're doing is calling me shit and making assumptions about my skill or intelligence. I get way more creative insults in the normal que games i play nowadays, so you're kind of boring me. hm ? so u are saying every diana main is doing rqr combo like good morning ? wtf u talk about its like few ppl in world doing rqr ?? u cant count if someone randomly does rqr by mistake 1 in 10 games ... so every time u lane vs diana she does rq with reset ? i think u dont even know the combo they talk about.
> [{quoted}](name=kaponiO,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:34:05.287+0000) > > hm ? so u are saying every diana main is doing rqr combo like good morning ? wtf u talk about its like few ppl in world doing rqr ?? u cant count if someone randomly does rqr by mistake 1 in 10 games ... > so every time u lane vs diana she does rq with reset ? i think u dont even know the combo they talk about. Sorry can't respond, because I don't even understand what you are saying. -.-
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:01:07.124+0000) > > Uh, what exactly are you trying to say? Just because it's possible to lose with diana doesn't make her abilities/bugs balanced. The comparison to tennis is shit, because Nadal has a significant advantage over other players, whereas league champions should be designed with the same power budget just different mechanics in order for the game to be balanced. this situation wont happend in lower elo where ppl dotn do simple combos not this hard combo .... what if challenger mid laners dodge diana's q so easy on lane and u cant ever all in them from 100- to 0 and u cant poke ? what to do ? this was only way if u hit rq and get r reset u had chanse to kill them and even then it was coinflip.
> [{quoted}](name=handsøme guy,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:41:39.904+0000) > > this situation wont happend in lower elo where ppl dotn do simple combos not this hard combo .... > what if challenger mid laners dodge diana's q so easy on lane and u cant ever all in them from 100- to 0 and u cant poke ? what to do ? this was only way if u hit rq and get r reset u had chanse to kill them and even then it was coinflip. Either land the q or poke them down until they are low enough to r w e q. The r shouldn't have a guaranteed reset just by walking within range of it.
Nieninque (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-18T13:47:53.448+0000) > > So, what you're saying is that you want Diana to be the Nadal of league of legends? > > Agreed, fuck balancing champions. If a champ has a broken mechanic, they should just keep it. It's the other player's fault for not picking the champion first, because league is just like tennis. If you aren't Nadal or Federer you deserve to lose. > > ^ Diana main's logic xD u talk like every single diana DOES RQR COMBO ahahha this is insane :) maybe 5 people in world does it and u saying like everyone does :D
> [{quoted}](name=Nieninque,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:47:26.390+0000) > > u talk like every single diana DOES RQR COMBO ahahha this is insane :) maybe 5 people in world does it and u saying like everyone does :D Even if what you're saying is true, its still a bug that defeats the purpose of the kit. Assassins should be opportunistic by nature. Running straight in to point and click combo from 900 range doesn't seem like much decision making to me.
ARC RAZIEL (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:01:07.124+0000) > > Uh, what exactly are you trying to say? Just because it's possible to lose with diana doesn't make her abilities/bugs balanced. The comparison to tennis is shit, because Nadal has a significant advantage over other players, whereas league champions should be designed with the same power budget just different mechanics in order for the game to be balanced. i can bet that u faced max 1 diana player who had RQ technique mastered.. so pls dont talk like they all does it . first search on yt what is it then comment.
> [{quoted}](name=ARC RAZIEL,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000002,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:59:38.838+0000) > > i can bet that u faced max 1 diana player who had RQ technique mastered.. so pls dont talk like they all does it . first search on yt what is it then comment. Wel, who I've faced is irrelevant. The truth is its not a hard combo to master **if you have low ping. **
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:28:18.687+0000) > > Bro, you just don't get it at all. There is nothing wrong with faker and Nadal having an advantage due to experience, skill, strength, speed or whatever metric you want to use. It's fine because these are individuals who earn their advantages through a combination of hard work and talent. > > Comparing faker or Nadal to a champion just doesn't make sense, because the champions are avatars being controlled by the player. Playing a certain champion should never equate to a superstar athlete playing with less talented or successful ones. All champions should have the same baseline strength in order for the game to be balanced. All you and the op are advocating is keeping diana stronger than the other champions with this tennis analogy. When i play ahri mid vs diana, it shouldn't feel like I'm Andy Roddick playing against Rafael Nadal or in league terms: ryu vs faker. Faker and Nadal earned their reputation and advantages with their own merit, but my opponent didn't earn shit just by picking diana. > > All I'm saying is that the op's analogy was terrible and that diana's rq combo shouldn't be left in the game because it lacks counter-play. Also, im done responding to you, because all you're doing is calling me shit and making assumptions about my skill or intelligence. I get way more creative insults in the normal que games i play nowadays, so you're kind of boring me. It's *you* that doesn't get it. And you're in total denial, trying to specifically *avoid* getting it. If a champion in your case is an avatar controlled by a player, then the combos that avatar are capable of using are *also* controlled by the player. You do not get to simply r/q everything with no counterplay - you have to go through the process of learning "yes, this *is* possible", then learning how to make it work consistently, then figure out how to make it work consistently in an ever changing environment full of other players who have found similar playstyle exploits on other avatars. It's not that the r/q lacks counterplay. It's that *people such as yourself* lack the desire to *learn and adapt*. This isn't the same as, for example, Kench - where it was literally pointless to play melees against him because of his kit. Or Akali, where she could at one point sit under the enemy tower in her shroud and castrate the enemy laner without turret doing anything. ***THOSE*** are examples I would relate to what you're attempting to say. So it's not like you have *no* point. But in the case of Diana, her one "exploit" is more like an Alistar W/Q combo, or a Riven animation cancel - it's not gamebreaking, there are ways to deal with it, and it frustrates people who lack ability. That's all it is. EDIT: And if I were looking to insult you, and not just tell you that everything you're saying is horse shit, trust me, I can get toxic. That's not my perogative.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-07-18T17:25:54.464+0000) > > It's *you* that doesn't get it. And you're in total denial, trying to specifically *avoid* getting it. > > If a champion in your case is an avatar controlled by a player, then the combos that avatar are capable of using are *also* controlled by the player. You do not get to simply r/q everything with no counterplay - you have to go through the process of learning "yes, this *is* possible", then learning how to make it work consistently, then figure out how to make it work consistently in an ever changing environment full of other players who have found similar playstyle exploits on other avatars. It's not that the r/q lacks counterplay. It's that *people such as yourself* lack the desire to *learn and adapt*. > > This isn't the same as, for example, Kench - where it was literally pointless to play melees against him because of his kit. > Or Akali, where she could at one point sit under the enemy tower in her shroud and castrate the enemy laner without turret doing anything. > ***THOSE*** are examples I would relate to what you're attempting to say. So it's not like you have *no* point. > > But in the case of Diana, her one "exploit" is more like an Alistar W/Q combo, or a Riven animation cancel - it's not gamebreaking, there are ways to deal with it, and it frustrates people who lack ability. That's all it is. > > EDIT: And if I were looking to insult you, and not just tell you that everything you're saying is horse shit, trust me, I can get toxic. That's not my perogative. Yawn, very hard to learn combo that depends on having low ping~ don't kid yourself. xD p.s. you're bad at insults so just don't bother. :)
Scylina (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:28:18.687+0000) > > Bro, you just don't get it at all. There is nothing wrong with faker and Nadal having an advantage due to experience, skill, strength, speed or whatever metric you want to use. It's fine because these are individuals who earn their advantages through a combination of hard work and talent. > > Comparing faker or Nadal to a champion just doesn't make sense, because the champions are avatars being controlled by the player. Playing a certain champion should never equate to a superstar athlete playing with less talented or successful ones. All champions should have the same baseline strength in order for the game to be balanced. All you and the op are advocating is keeping diana stronger than the other champions with this tennis analogy. When i play ahri mid vs diana, it shouldn't feel like I'm Andy Roddick playing against Rafael Nadal or in league terms: ryu vs faker. Faker and Nadal earned their reputation and advantages with their own merit, but my opponent didn't earn shit just by picking diana. > > All I'm saying is that the op's analogy was terrible and that diana's rq combo shouldn't be left in the game because it lacks counter-play. Also, im done responding to you, because all you're doing is calling me shit and making assumptions about my skill or intelligence. I get way more creative insults in the normal que games i play nowadays, so you're kind of boring me. While I agree that the name-calling is unwarranted, OP has a point, and their analogy isn't nearly so farfetched as you make it out to be. They're not comparing Diana herself to Nadal or Faker - rather, they're comparing the practice and dedication required to pull off a buggy, RNG-based combo like Diana's RQR, consistently, to those powerhouses. And, if they're able to pull a combo like that off consistently, why shouldn't they be rewarded for it? Better yet, rather than demanding for the combo back, OP's suggesting a way to recreate and balance Diana's combo with an amount of counterplay that can be taken advantage of in higher elo, where Diana mains were really taking advantage of her deceptively high skill cap. They may not be happy with the change, but only because her ability to 100-0 the enemy ADC in a tenth of a second was the core of her identity in upper-level play, and without that, a lot of other assassins are just flat-out better than her at doing her job. Your problem was that you focused on one single part of OP's argument, and didn't even properly interpret it. It's no wonder all of your comments have been downvoted. :/
> [{quoted}](name=Scylina,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000003,timestamp=2019-07-18T18:27:10.358+0000) > > While I agree that the name-calling is unwarranted, OP has a point, and their analogy isn't nearly so farfetched as you make it out to be. They're not comparing Diana herself to Nadal or Faker - rather, they're comparing the practice and dedication required to pull off a buggy, RNG-based combo like Diana's RQR, consistently, to those powerhouses. And, if they're able to pull a combo like that off consistently, why shouldn't they be rewarded for it? > > Better yet, rather than demanding for the combo back, OP's suggesting a way to recreate and balance Diana's combo with an amount of counterplay that can be taken advantage of in higher elo, where Diana mains were really taking advantage of her deceptively high skill cap. They may not be happy with the change, but only because her ability to 100-0 the enemy ADC in a tenth of a second was the core of her identity in upper-level play, and without that, a lot of other assassins are just flat-out better than her at doing her job. > > Your problem was that you focused on one single part of OP's argument, and didn't even properly interpret it. It's no wonder all of your comments have been downvoted. :/ idrc about downvotes, people on here are sheep by nature m8. Also, i don't consider a highly ping dependent combo that anyone with lower ping can do without only a little practice comparable to nadal being able to serve ridiculously hard. His dumb analogy is irrelevant though, because bugs like this should be removed. Especially those that lack counter-play.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:01:07.124+0000) > > Uh, what exactly are you trying to say? Just because it's possible to lose with diana doesn't make her abilities/bugs balanced. The comparison to tennis is shit, because Nadal has a significant advantage over other players, whereas league champions should be designed with the same power budget just different mechanics in order for the game to be balanced. And her power budget is fine, from a balance perspective. Shit, she isn't even popular, because her power budget from a gameplay perspecive is a one-trick-combo, like Hecarim's. I'm saying Nadal doesn't really hold an advantage over others, any more than Faker holds an advantage over others. That's simply your perception, as someone who can't match their skill level. You act like they just naturally shit on everyone. They don't. They shit on people because they are masters of their craft, who've put in more time, practice, and effort during their careers than you can tolerate putting into dressing yourself in the morning. Your perception, not the comparison, is what's shit here.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:08:36.600+0000) > > And her power budget is fine, from a balance perspective. Shit, she isn't even popular, because her power budget from a gameplay perspecive is a one-trick-combo, like Hecarim's. > > I'm saying Nadal doesn't really hold an advantage over others, any more than Faker holds an advantage over others. That's simply your perception, as someone who can't match their skill level. > > You act like they just naturally shit on everyone. They don't. They shit on people because they are masters of their craft, who've put in more time, practice, and effort during their careers than you can tolerate putting into dressing yourself in the morning. Your perception, not the comparison, is what's shit here. Bro, you just don't get it at all. There is nothing wrong with faker and Nadal having an advantage due to experience, skill, strength, speed or whatever metric you want to use. It's fine because these are individuals who earn their advantages through a combination of hard work and talent. Comparing faker or Nadal to a champion just doesn't make sense, because the champions are avatars being controlled by the player. Playing a certain champion should never equate to a superstar athlete playing with less talented or successful ones. All champions should have the same baseline strength in order for the game to be balanced. All you and the op are advocating is keeping diana stronger than the other champions with this tennis analogy. When i play ahri mid vs diana, it shouldn't feel like I'm Andy Roddick playing against Rafael Nadal or in league terms: ryu vs faker. Faker and Nadal earned their reputation and advantages with their own merit, but my opponent didn't earn shit just by picking diana. All I'm saying is that the op's analogy was terrible and that diana's rq combo shouldn't be left in the game because it lacks counter-play. Also, im done responding to you, because all you're doing is calling me shit and making assumptions about my skill or intelligence. I get way more creative insults in the normal que games i play nowadays, so you're kind of boring me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-18T13:47:53.448+0000) > > So, what you're saying is that you want Diana to be the Nadal of league of legends? > > Agreed, fuck balancing champions. If a champ has a broken mechanic, they should just keep it. It's the other player's fault for not picking the champion first, because league is just like tennis. If you aren't Nadal or Federer you deserve to lose. > > ^ Diana main's logic xD Except Nadal and Federer *can* be beaten. Just not by people with shit for brains. Goes to show you the logic of people who can't harness and apply the skills necessary to play the game, and thusly need the game to play for them.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-07-18T13:53:09.593+0000) > > Except Nadal and Federer *can* be beaten. Just not by people with shit for brains. > Goes to show you the logic of people who can't harness and apply the skills necessary to play the game, and thusly need the game to play for them. Uh, what exactly are you trying to say? Just because it's possible to lose with diana doesn't make her abilities/bugs balanced. The comparison to tennis is shit, because Nadal has a significant advantage over other players, whereas league champions should be designed with the same power budget just different mechanics in order for the game to be balanced.
ARC RAZIEL (EUNE)
: Diana @Riot Zhanos
So, what you're saying is that you want Diana to be the Nadal of league of legends? Agreed, fuck balancing champions. If a champ has a broken mechanic, they should just keep it. It's the other player's fault for not picking the champion first, because league is just like tennis. If you aren't Nadal or Federer you deserve to lose. ^ Diana main's logic xD
: Shen is not weak as of right now.
Ok, now try to play him top lane in his intended role. You'll realize how weak he is compared to any of the meta top-laners.
GigglesO (NA)
: Assassins are too tanky for their mobility + damage.
Ashe uses ult, w and doesn't even auto attack. Zyra misses her q and then ults, but only has one empowered plant in the ult and her plant focuses nami instead of kayn. Sion lands a total of two abilities and his aftershock aoe, so we'll give him credit for half of kayn's hp bar. the other 25% was because zyra's plant switched aggro back to kayn after nami backed up. Either way kayn went down to about 20% hp off of literally 2 sion abilities, 1 zyra plant and 2 ashe abilities and you think hes too tanky? What a joke. xD
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lPOnLK0p,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-06T22:19:29.736+0000) > > Does it really matter if its not even a ranked game? This is a ranked game
> [{quoted}](name=LittleFrosty,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lPOnLK0p,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-07-02T03:27:03.651+0000) > > This is a ranked game mb, assumed it wasn't ranked, because i couldn't find it in your match history.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ed1LzOiV,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-17T06:46:59.049+0000) > > So, a little bit of clarification on the concept of shutdown gold. If you are ahead in gold and kills you have an innate advantage in any fight due to having more items. It makes sense to give a reward to the player who beats you despite being at an item/gold disadvantage. You can say that catch-up mechanics like this lack skill expression, but on the flip side being able to beat someone who has more kills and stronger items than you is pretty skillful imo. If you fall behind you have been outplayed several times.... You shouldn't get an extra reward for outplaying the person who's been outplaying you all game once. If you wana say we should have some shutdown gold I can agree, but it shouldn't be the case that once you kill me, we are basically back to even again, such is the case in the scenario I elaborated.
If league was really as simple as you are implying there wouldn't be any concept of scaling. Just because you die early doesn't necessarily mean you were outplayed. Also, its on the person who is ahead to push their advantages. For example: if I am laning shen top lane and i kill the enemy yorick, when I tp/return to lane the first thing I should do is freeze my wave and zone him off of minions, because I have the item and exp lead. This should earn me an even larger lead due to missed cs/exp and kill pressure, so in reality, if I'm playing properly my lead should be much larger than just the kills I earn against my lane opponent. I'm assuming that the main reason why the shut down gold is somewhat large is to make up for this discrepancy.
: Why are handicaps such a huge part of this so-called "competitive" game?
So, a little bit of clarification on the concept of shutdown gold. If you are ahead in gold and kills you have an innate advantage in any fight due to having more items. It makes sense to give a reward to the player who beats you despite being at an item/gold disadvantage. You can say that catch-up mechanics like this lack skill expression, but on the flip side being able to beat someone who has more kills and stronger items than you is pretty skillful imo.
Augusta (NA)
: Justified Ban?
Unfortunately that word is zero tolerance, so even if typed in a non-hateful context riot will still uphold the ban. You can try submitting a ticket to support asking for them to reduce it to a chat restriction or something, but its likely that the support staff will look through all of your past games in the last month for any phrases that were remotely negative and use them as evidence that you are toxic and deserve this ban. If you want your ban reduced you have to really convince them, because they won't be on your side from the moment you open that ticket.
: Rekkles Tried to exploit a bug for a win.
Had this happen in a flex game yesterday. Can confirm that it prevents your team from remaking.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y1wBpLte,comment-id=00030000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T14:03:19.200+0000) > > That's great for you, and I honestly wish I could say the same, but I can't. I seriously doubt I'm the only person who feels this way, and that's why I believe riot support to be incompetent to put it lightly of course. i've always gotten a reply within 24 hours maybe it's just me being respectful and providing adequate and relevant information always from the get-go maybe thats just me getting preferential treatment i dunno
I mean if you want to think that you are more respectful than everyone else that contacts support for help, and therefore you should be treated better; then go ahead. You do you. But when someone implies that I'm not being respectful or transparent in my own dealings with support, without actually having any context or knowledge of the situation, it just doesn't seem very convincing to me. Other people's opinions definitely won't change my own experiences or the opinions I have about them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y1wBpLte,comment-id=000300000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T13:03:36.895+0000) > > I think you are confused about something. I'm saying that the support team doesn't do their job when actually contacted, either via support ticket or live discussion. My criticism has nothing to do with whether or not they check the boards, its with how they do their job on the support site. Therefore, posting on here about problems isn't any different than contacting support, because neither actions actually resolve anything. i have been helped every time when contacting them
That's great for you, and I honestly wish I could say the same, but I can't. I seriously doubt I'm the only person who feels this way, and that's why I believe riot support to be incompetent to put it lightly of course.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y1wBpLte,comment-id=0003000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-10T12:51:56.600+0000) > > Yes, literally every complaint on these boards could be easily solved if the support team actually did their job, but riot's support team is more interested in policing behavior, instead of actually providing player support. their job is far from monitoring the boards send a ticket if you want their attention and help
I think you are confused about something. I'm saying that the support team doesn't do their job when actually contacted, either via support ticket or live discussion. My criticism has nothing to do with whether or not they check the boards, its with how they do their job on the support site. Therefore, posting on here about problems isn't any different than contacting support, because neither actions actually resolve anything.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y1wBpLte,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-10T11:31:01.814+0000) > > Have you ever contacted support before? They are generally quite unhelpful, at least in my own experiences. did you not catch the gust of sarcasm ? literally every complaint on this board can easily be solved with the support team posting on the boards about bans literally does nothing to help them
Yes, literally every complaint on these boards could be easily solved if the support team actually did their job, but riot's support team is more interested in policing behavior, instead of actually providing player support.
: support team exists: :Tumbleweed: players: lets post on the boards where rioters don't go and no help whatsoever can be given to them
Have you ever contacted support before? They are generally quite unhelpful, at least in my own experiences.
: If they're irrelevant on here why are they still here? Newcomers may not know how mangled the system is and interpret it otherwise.
idk man, {{item:3056}} still exists even though its irrelevant. It would probably be a pain in the ass to remove voting on just this section is my best guess.
: Down voting problem (DISCUSSION)
Down-votes and up-votes are irrelevant on here. Just do your best to make your point clear in every comment you make. It really only becomes an issue when your comments reach negative values high enough that they are hidden or get removed by one of the "mods" claiming you were being a jerk.
rujitra (NA)
: Such as you following me around to downvote my comments?
Unless you have a way of verifying this, you shouldn't really accuse people of it. For all you know it could have been me or anyone else who doesn't agree with one of your opinions tbh.
Gabriyel (NA)
: Is it just me, or do a lot of people in this sub-forum have super negative/unhelpful attitudes?
Its not just you. PB is a joke. Don't come here for any help or advice.
: Is not being toxic really necessary to get high Gold/Plat?
Nope, its irrelevant. Climbing in elo only correlates with skill, not behavior.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ckITvxV6,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-27T04:10:52.366+0000) > > Nope, there are a few champions that are just too cancerous when played in the jungle role to be allowed viability. Camille, ezreal, and taliyah are all great examples of this. Riot doesn't want these champions in the jungle, because their players don't want these champions in the jungle. end of discussion. taliyah is actually a fine jungler. camille as well but its just to encourage farming instead of camille being forced to be oppressive. Also, im pretty sure the majority of camille mains would want her in the jungle.
You're only speaking from the perspective of the player playing camille or taliyah. If you stop and think about how it feels to be the enemy players playing against camille or taliyah jungle then you'd have an easier time understanding why riot pushed them out of the jungle role.
: Can we give Camille her stun back or W healing on camps?
Nope, there are a few champions that are just too cancerous when played in the jungle role to be allowed viability. Camille, ezreal, and taliyah are all great examples of this. Riot doesn't want these champions in the jungle, because their players don't want these champions in the jungle. end of discussion.
: Getting back to Honor Level 2
This seems about par for the course. Honor system is a mess tbh. Congratz on qualifying for season rewards tho :)
: Looked up some d2+ talon mains. After 500+ talon games this season they all average around 7cs per min. You average 4.9 cs/min. If you want to pretend that your cs is okay, great, but dont go around spreading false information that low cs= playing badly is a common misconception, because it's not.
It's not like you can't climb with a low cs/min, you just gotta be better at other aspects of the game. I average about 5 cs/min as well when i play talon in ranked.
: I feel like it's a common misconception that Low CS = Playing Badly
Well, a higher cs/min is always better. Depends whether you prioritize cs'ing efficiently or being in the right spot for mid/late game team fights. If you do end up with low cs numbers you have to make sure you are doing more damage than your relative gold value, or supplement low cs with high kill scores; otherwise your team will be at a disadvantage.
rujitra (NA)
: You are complaining about me "putting words in others' mouths" but yet you're doing the same here, accusing me of having a victim complex. You are correct that I do not have more facts. However, many players tend to ignore facts that they either disagree with or don't like. As an example, it is a fact that Riot has confirmed multiple times that the vast majority of players do not think toxicity is ever okay, regardless of other events. Some people refuse to accept this as fact, however. Those players would likely not be chosen as specialists. The point of the specialist tag is that specialists have been chosen as they have been contributing to the boards (many of us since the old forums software), and as such we have "picked up" knowledge of **facts** from Riot themselves. Yes, those facts are publicly available and we don't have any special access to them. That does not change the fact that many players will ignore things they don't agree with - whereas we just present the facts as Riot has presented them to the public. I understand that it may have been unclear that I was offering my opinion as to the chat in that thread. I will do better to ensure that when I am offering an opinion in the future it is labeled as such. However, it is fully possible for a chat log to be *obviously* punishable because of X reason. In that instance, specialists have been chosen because they are both good at finding the reason a log was likely punished (be it accurate or in error), and good at determining the behavior from the logs.
I don't know how many times I have to say, but I want the mod's opinion not yours. I'm not here to debate whether or not you specifically are helpful to determining behavior punishments, what I want to know is whether specialists are there to help or to nitpick chat logs and arguments in order to validate a punishment. As for any accusations, I simply proposed an explanation for your opinions. This is not "putting words in your mouth", so don't equate my statement to what you are doing.
rujitra (NA)
: You should not trust opinions. You should trust facts. If you choose to be swayed by my opinions, that is your prerogative. If you don't, it doesn't mean that my opinions are invalid. People do not suddenly lose the ability to voice their opinions because they are in a position of authority. I am curious what you want the outcome to be here. Ulanopo has already commented and said that my comments did not cross the line into requiring moderation. Multiple people have told you that people are entitled to their opinions. Do you want the moderators to be thoughtpolice and remove my specialist tag simply because you disagree with one of my opinions? If so, that is your opinion and I respect your right to say it - but if it is, please just come out and say it. Otherwise, I can't see what you want the outcome to be here. I was given the specialist tag, as others have said, because my knowledge of the system is decent. Getting downvoted for one of my opinions does not change that fact. Heck, even getting downvoted for facts doesn't mean I was wrong. There have been times I have gotten 50+ downvotes on a comment just for stating an obvious fact about the system. So, I'm curious what you want the outcome to be. I have apologized for my crass, hostile comments. I will not be changing my opinions or censoring my opinions just because you disagree. That is not incompatible with being a specialist. We are allowed opinions just as you are.
I think you need to re-read my earlier comment. The part where I mention that I don't necessarily want any action to be taken. I just want clarification from the mod. Part of the reason I don't trust your opinions and the information you give, is that you tend to put words in others mouths and make assumptions about other's intentions. Whether this is just your personality or a little bit of a victim complex I honestly don't know, but I can say with certainty that my comments on this thread have been much more tame than yours. Your last paragraph is important, because that highlights the problem I'm having with not just you, but the system in general. I don't think your opinions are appropriate of someone who is posting in player behavior to give others advice. You make a distinction between facts and opinions above, but the way I see it is very simple. You do not have any more facts than anyone else on here. You don't work for riot and don't have access to any more information that the rest of the boards community. So, what even is the point of the specialist tag? If we shouldn't even trust your opinions, just the facts, why should you even be considered a specialist in the first place. Once again, I don't really care if any action is taken or not. I just wanted the mod to give me some clarification on what it means to be a specialist, not your opinion on what it means. So, if you want to know my ideal outcome here it is: **I want to know whether I can trust the information I get from someone with a specialist tag.**
rujitra (NA)
: So, let me first say that I was tired when commenting on that thread. I did not get my comments across properly. I was guilty of the same offense that I was accusing the OP of (failure to consider my audience and adapt my speech and communication to the audience). Further, I did get heated in that thread. No doubt about it. That being said, I stand by my claims - and reiterate that they are only my opinion. Asking someone "do you speak English" in a negative way, when there is no mandate for them to do so, makes it seem like English is the "superior language". In fact, people have been kicked out of public places for such things in the past - albeit they usually go much farther. Regardless, it was my opinion that the OP was punished as their communications were not in the realm of "can we find some common ground and communicate", but they came across to me as "you need to speak English [so we can communicate]". Regardless of the intent, the messages came across this way, and quite frankly, if they could speak English, I think they would've been. There's really no reason for someone to ask someone else to speak their language - you can't control others and while a brief "I'm sorry, I don't speak that language" is okay, attempting to convince them to change their language crosses a line. Is it discriminatory? Maybe the OP's messages didn't rise to that level. That being said, I think the tone was definitely a "English is the only acceptable language here" - especially the messages towards the end of the game. Sarcasm is not a positive thing **unless** it is absolutely clear you are joking. The OP was either sarcastically saying "if only", or the OP was being negative - kinda like the *"sigh"* on the internet. That is what pushed it over the line for me to consider it unacceptable. I understand that others may disagree, however the point of the Player Behavior boards is primarily to assist players in understanding punishments. If Riot deemed such behavior unacceptable, then Riot deemed it unacceptable, and a couple hundred people on the boards aren't going to change that. Furthermore, from myself monitoring that thread, I suspect that there was outside influence outside that of a natural boards response to the thread. It is almost unheard of for a thread to get as many votes in the first couple hours of its existence as that thread did. This is one thing that led me to be a little more aggressive in my comments as I felt I was having to defend my points against multiple individuals who, quite frankly, were only there to "troll" (by disliking my comments because a friend told them to), and not to actually discuss. No, that does not make me getting heated acceptable. Again, I'm sorry. It was not a shining moment for me, and I accept that. **** On to your question, the "opinions" of a person do not mean they are fit or unfit for a position generally. A moderator can have an opinion on the rules - but so long as they enforce the rules, there is nothing wrong with them disagreeing with them. Furthermore, a specialist, to my understanding, is someone who displays the ability to evaluate player's concerns and respond to them based in current Riot policies/procedures (as they're publicly known, given we don't have any sort of internal access). A specialist is *not* some sort of "Riot apologist" - in fact you'll find cases I've both disagreed with Riot and called them out on decisions I disagree with. Furthermore, to my knowledge, there is nothing prohibiting me from offering my personal opinion on threads, even though I have a specialist tag. I firmly believe, and still do after reviewing that thread now, that the OP was out of line and their behavior rose to a point that it constituted unacceptable "languagist" behavior. Discrimination? Probably not. However, it was negative and it was based in the fact someone was not speaking English. I do not find such behavior okay - no matter how mild it is. I believe everyone should respect one another and do everything possible to accept others - especially when others are not doing anything wrong. I feel the OP was at a *bare* minimum disrespectful to their teammates who were not speaking English, and that's what fed my opinion. I accept that people may disagree with my opinion. I accept that I handled that thread poorly. However, I don't think it detracts from my ability to provide answers to other players who are confused about punishment systems in League. Sometimes, I may get it wrong, either in how I respond or what I say. I have willingly opened myself up to criticism from both the moderation team who oversees this "specialist" program, as well as the community. I have truly taken comments to heart that were telling me I was wrong - even when they were not the nicest. I refuse to change my opinion as I still feel it is based in the facts of the case, but I accept that many people disagree with my analysis, and that's okay. As a final note, I have always told the moderation team that they are free to remove my specialist tag if they feel I do not deserve it or if I am detrimental to the mission of the boards by having it. I said this when they first offered me the tag - I don't care. I am not a "hat collector" (a common internet phrase). I don't care if I have a tag or not. I do care about helping people understand their punishments and how to be better, less toxic players. This comes from having had multiple of my friends end up getting punished, with a few getting permanently banned, and not wanting to see that happen to others, because it does suck, and toxicity does lose games. That's my goal, and I'm truly sorry that the way I carried myself in this thread did nothing to help meet that goal. **** I'll also be posting this as a reply to the main thread so the OP can see it as a reply in his/her notifications - to the OP, I will not be editing this comment as honestly I feel I've covered everything I have to say and feel you deserve to see the full response to the concerns. To everyone, I'm sorry, and I hope you'll take the time to look past my heated, and sometimes hostile comments to attempt to see it from my point of view. Thanks all who read this.
Ok, cool. Thing is I don't really want to hear your opinion on my question. I want to hear the moderator's answer. I want to know whether a specialist is someone who's information and insight can actually be trusted when posting on a certain boards subsection seeking help or advice. Judging from the few statements of yours that I have read, I just don't trust your opinions on player behavior matters. Thus, i was trying to get some insight as to why a moderator would consider your opinions helpful enough to merit a specialist tag. Because, whether you care about the tag or not; it does come with a sense of authority that might influence others.
Ulanopo (NA)
: I personally don't have anything to add to either thread. Do I think Rujitra expressed strong opinions in a tart way? Absolutely, but I don't think they crossed the line into requiring moderation. I also think the OP of that thread is probably disinclined to listen to anything that doesn't support their feeling the ban was unjustified. I read the logs they posted and don't quite understand the ban, but that's something the OP needs to take back to Support, as this is one of those circumstances where we can't really provide clarity. As for addressing Rujitra's statements, you're always welcome to come to the Discord (link on the left) and make your case. You can also report specific posts you find problematic. Those are probably your best avenues, as we're not especially likely to do a public dressing down of anyone.
I'd agree that his actions don't require moderation, but do you really think the opinions he expressed were in line with what we should consider a specialist in player behavior? edit: I'm not asking for any action to be taken or anything. Just genuinely curious about what merits the title specialist.
: > glad to see that "specialist" title revoked They are specialists on the Player Behavior board, and as such, the tags only appear there. How sad is it that you would find joy in something like that even if it were to happen?
Slow down there. Pretty sure that by glad he meant that the person in question's behavior is currently undeserving of the title, not that he personally would enjoy him losing the title/authority.
: Is this... Is this normal moderator behavior?
This is about par for the course. Mods/specialists that frequent the player behavior forum make me question the ethical standing of the entire mods team as a whole. I've had/seen discussions with this individual in particular and he has some very warped logic; however, this is just my own opinion.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lPOnLK0p,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-06T22:19:29.736+0000) > > Does it really matter if its not even a ranked game? yes because besides losing you lp thats a game you could have possibly won with people at your own skill level.
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lPOnLK0p,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-06T22:23:31.526+0000) > > yes because besides losing you lp thats a game you could have possibly won with people at your own skill level. A normal game that you could've won.
: Fix ur match making
Does it really matter if its not even a ranked game?
: Yes and no. We can pretty much agree to ignore the pro aspect, but that still leaves basically 2 parts. The pick up game And The Saturday Open Tournament (ranked) That is where most people focus. They only think it is the pick up game and things are house rules. However, it is more akin to a weekend tournament with officials.
> [{quoted}](name=PandaskinBen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Bz46Zhb3,comment-id=00060001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-05T01:18:13.645+0000) > > Yes and no. We can pretty much agree to ignore the pro aspect, but that still leaves basically 2 parts. > > The pick up game > And > The Saturday Open Tournament (ranked) > > That is where most people focus. They only think it is the pick up game and things are house rules. However, it is more akin to a weekend tournament with officials. I mean we can't really even have a discussion on this. I don't consider league of legends to be a sport in the first place. Comparing it to basketball is like comparing a dog to a billboard, it just doesn't make sense in the first place.
: My guess is because people constantly want to bring up how you can trash talk and say whatever you want irl sports.
> [{quoted}](name=PandaskinBen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Bz46Zhb3,comment-id=000600010000,timestamp=2019-05-04T19:48:30.586+0000) > > My guess is because people constantly want to bring up how you can trash talk and say whatever you want irl sports. Hmm, its weird that people don't understand the concept of a "professional" athlete. When someone is paid to engage in recreational activities they should be held to a higher standard. Comparing the behavior of professional players to the behavior of casual players is asinine.
rujitra (NA)
: If a player on a professional sports team is punished for unsportsmanlike conduct for vulgar/demeaning language, are they eventually just told "you're not allowed to talk during games" and duct tape put over their mouth? No. Communication is necessary.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Bz46Zhb3,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-05-03T21:13:35.270+0000) > > If a player on a professional sports team is punished for unsportsmanlike conduct for vulgar/demeaning language, are they eventually just told "you're not allowed to talk during games" and duct tape put over their mouth? No. Communication is necessary. Exactly why are we comparing pro play to recreational play?
Show more

Shadowkhan

Level 195 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion