: > [{quoted}](name=True Garen,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=2QBaIHBd,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-15T02:30:36.254+0000) > > Hextech is the counter to item RNG. The Only problem I see from the mechanic is that if you build Hex, AND get good item stack on that or a sub-synergy then you have both advantages. You shut out the other team AND have good items. (the hex champs are varied enough that they lend no synergy to themselves outside of the bomb, they arent that great just as a "HEX" build) Which might mean everyone will want to build hex so they aren't stuck out. But it isn't the end all/be all of a game. If you're really hurting from hex your relying too much on 1-2 stacked champs rather than a decent team synergy. Where in the rules did anyone say all your items only had to go to Lucian, or Draven? That was a tactic, now it isn't. Spreading out items makes for a less powerful single faceroll champ, but it also spreads the wealth so you aren't overly dependent. Try coming up with new Strategies instead of just QQin.
> [{quoted}](name=Shinikaru,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=2QBaIHBd,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-15T02:40:38.092+0000) > > The Only problem I see from the mechanic is that if you build Hex, AND get good item stack on that or a sub-synergy then you have both advantages. > You shut out the other team AND have good items. > (the hex champs are varied enough that they lend no synergy to themselves outside of the bomb, they arent that great just as a "HEX" build) > Which might mean everyone will want to build hex so they aren't stuck out. But it isn't the end all/be all of a game. If you're really hurting from hex your relying too much on 1-2 stacked champs rather than a decent team synergy. > Where in the rules did anyone say all your items only had to go to Lucian, or Draven? > That was a tactic, now it isn't. > Spreading out items makes for a less powerful single faceroll champ, but it also spreads the wealth so you aren't overly dependent. > Try coming up with new Strategies instead of just QQin. And unless I'm mistaken the 'bomb' only goes off ONCE a fight. Hardly a round-breaker. I actually love when my strongest champ gets Zephyred, they might be out for a few tics, but they also take NO DAMAGE, and come back when the enemy team is half dead.
: Hextech is the counter to item RNG.
> [{quoted}](name=True Garen,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=2QBaIHBd,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-15T02:30:36.254+0000) > > Hextech is the counter to item RNG. The Only problem I see from the mechanic is that if you build Hex, AND get good item stack on that or a sub-synergy then you have both advantages. You shut out the other team AND have good items. (the hex champs are varied enough that they lend no synergy to themselves outside of the bomb, they arent that great just as a "HEX" build) Which might mean everyone will want to build hex so they aren't stuck out. But it isn't the end all/be all of a game. If you're really hurting from hex your relying too much on 1-2 stacked champs rather than a decent team synergy. Where in the rules did anyone say all your items only had to go to Lucian, or Draven? That was a tactic, now it isn't. Spreading out items makes for a less powerful single faceroll champ, but it also spreads the wealth so you aren't overly dependent. Try coming up with new Strategies instead of just QQin.
Rioter Comments
ZiNgYiSh (NA)
: TFT Now more broken then ever
> [{quoted}](name=ZiNgYiSh,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=a3crRGML,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-15T02:14:29.662+0000) > Characters randomly don't attack and just stand there New overtime mode, attacks increase but movement speed doesn't? This is an ongoing issue I'm pretty sure. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it usually does kill that round. I'm sure they are aware and trying to track it down. Seems to be a glitch with champs positioning, or not seeing where they are correctly from the games I've played. Overtime mode does seem dumb. I haven't liked the ties, but URF mode seems to currently favor the side that was stronger to begin with, probably also working as intended, but it makes going up against a stacked Draven and "ALMOST" winning turn into a sure loss. Not a Fan, rather take the Tie. The side on the tiebreaker with the better Items has won every URF fight I've seen so far "IF" there was a clear discrepancy in power. Which just adds to that teams snowball, probably not the most fair solution. At least a "tie" kept you in it before for an extra round of RNG-God luck.
Subdue (NA)
: If the you don't enjoy the game and the only reason you play is for the rewards you should find something else to do.
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ETE4PGuH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-15T00:32:47.862+0000) > > If the you don't enjoy the game and the only reason you play is for the rewards you should find something else to do. People do a LOT of things they don't enjoy for the 'rewards'. (crappy job? still rewards you with money, so you go.) Heck man Facebook, Tinder, Snapchat, most micro-transactional games, they spend ALOT of $$ and time in researching how to get people to respond to the "reward" of a like or a reply, or a little chime sound that has them looking down at their phone while they DRIVE. Reward, even meaningless ones like little penguin eggs in a f2p game are a black hole that a lot of people get trapped in and they don't even realize it. Psych 101 in 2019.
VvVVvV (NA)
: Champs Going AFK
what are you talking about? if someone goes afk early/mid game they have fewer champs and are un-leveld on the board, I actually don't mind the easy win against them, and they get knocked out pretty early. As for afking late game once your level 7-8 with your full build, honestly its auto-chess. You would never know if I get up to get a beer, use the bathroom, or take the dog out. Other than moving some positioning there's little to do late game but hope you spent your gold wisely. You're complaining about nothing.
: I REALLY like the new characters on TFT, however....
I've stacked the new champs for buff a few games now, its unpredictable, and it misses a lot. Had it used against me and it missed my front line/frozen hearts every time, which were far more critical at the start of engage than my stacked ranged at the back as the buff wears off pretty quickly. My only point of complaint is rather than add a way to shut down other peoples RNG item luck, they need to improve those games where you literally get gold instead of items and have to rely on the Carousel for your only item gain. I'd like to see some kind of single item store randomly available to your client that you can also use gold on to buy. Not a full item just a randomly selected partial that you have to factor into your income management. wouldn't even have to be every round, i'm thinking the "store" pops up only on carousel rounds. that would add extra depth both to gold management, as well as who you actually select in the draft picks rather than a 3rd for a 3 star or one semi useful item you might get. (patch wise im'm just annoyed they nerfed frozen heart. ;p stacking 3 of those was redic when they overlapped, no stacking now. :( )
: Riot: What a dirty trick. I really didn't think that you would stoop to this.
I'll ss my client if you like but mine is not doing that. ranked is still 2nd bubble.
Rioter Comments
Eedat (NA)
: _If what you said is true_, you may want to send a ticket to support. You went straight to 14 day ban because you repeated "kys" in chat. Just know that they may not show leniency since you'e had a relatively recent punishment and were otherwise extremely toxic in these logs. I wouldn't get your hopes up. In the future, do not ever repeat things you know are going to get someone banned in chat. It's common sense really. Threats, slurs, and telling people to kill themselves are straight to 14 day ban. Just know that if your punishment doesnt get reduced, your account is on extremely thin ice for a perma ban. They'll be looking at you under a microscope. You really can't be toxic at all
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UhGtHvqZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-14T04:25:07.279+0000) > > _If what you said is true_, you may want to send a ticket to support. You went straight to 14 day ban because you repeated "kys" in chat. Just know that they may not show leniency since you'e had a relatively recent punishment and were otherwise extremely toxic in these logs. I wouldn't get your hopes up. In the future, do not ever repeat things you know are going to get someone banned in chat. It's common sense really. Threats, slurs, and telling people to kill themselves are straight to 14 day ban. > > Just know that if your punishment doesnt get reduced, your account is on extremely thin ice for a perma ban. They'll be looking at you under a microscope. You really can't be toxic at all or people could stop being such sensitive suckers.
Twiddist (NA)
: Toxic Grace Period?
just play aram for a while.
: Help us to better understand Toxic Behavior
people aren't toxic, they're human. And the biggest saint on this board is a nasty sum.bit.ch A.when they think no one is watching. B.When they lose their control. You are not immune. You are HUMAN. None of us are immune. (even Ghandi got mad. He stopped eating)
: 14 day suspension for this...seriously?
: Have you had previous punishments?
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=J7pvUtL7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-06T00:30:08.449+0000) > > Have you had previous punishments? I had recently (like a week ago) been in a somewhat long discussion with actual Riot GM's about a "leaver buster" ban against me because I had multiple dcs. Got the BSOD issue sorted, I just needed to run the game always with Admin rights. (It was crashing if I didn't...randomly) I had a 10 day chat restrict on me last season. It's an old account so there are others, but nothing more recent, and nothing in that game viewed as a HUMAN deserved a 14day ban. If we could SEE the rest of what was being said on my team (esp by that Kayn) We wouldn't even be debating who was being toxic. But we can't see that, can we?
Rioter Comments
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Eryl Fauna,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=01fo3j5I,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T20:51:00.443+0000) > > I read the entirety of your post and all of your comments, and telling someone they didn't is a very lazy counterargument. You were unquestionably griefing your team in each game. If you are not ready to accept any fault and you are only seeking validation in your bad behavior, you have come to the wrong place. > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer Basically what this guy said, only you need to remember you aren't ever allowed to be negative in anything. You have no right to freedom of expression or speech. This is a Dictatorship, and you being an ass isn't welcome in their world, they are simply too fragile to handle it.
: Using chat = being toxic 2K19
the problem is that their god damn auto-bot works against you harder if there are multiple reports, SAME GAME, Not In A Group. so if you get reported by all 4 of your team mates but they aren't in a gulid/group togeter it carries 100% weight.... If you get reported by 4 people in the same pre-made group I think it only counts for ONE report. THE reason this sucks is because people are basically followers, and if one person calls for reporting you in chat, you are in fact more likely to be reported by the rest of your group, even if you never said anything to them specifically, and they are believed OVER YOU. Their system sucks.
: Survey Results
i'm confused at the point of it at all. Verbal Toxicity/Negative comments in chat are currently 95% of RIOTS punishment.
: Is it right to kill an inting enemy laner?
Personally tired of the term "inting". UNLESS and UNTIL there's clear proof by the supposed and accused player that they are indeed "intentionally feeding" its just your opinion. They could actually just be getting shut down that game. also and off topic: Could EVERYONE in the WORLD please stop calling programs 'Apps.'? IT'S APPLICATION. thanks in advance. it seriously bugs me.
Onyxx666 (NA)
: Account got perma banned for 'arguing'
Preaching to the Quire my man. ALSO preaching to DEAF ears. See my post: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/5jh7xN46-ban-for-x-days-or-forever-riot-doesnt-care?show=flat&page=3 They really don't care. You don't have the freedom to be NEGATIVE ever. You aren't allowed to disagree with your team in any way that could ever be taken as agressive, or negative, or even slightly serious. 'Seriously' Read some of the comments to my post, people really don't want to ever be stressed out so much as to feel "Negative". It's pathetic, and the current reality. We can't ever talk in game in chat in LeagueOfLegends as it stands currently, your punished if you do so, because the MARGINS OF ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR are met only by the DALI LLAMA, MOTHER TERESA, and other such personalities. Seriously people DON'T talk. The penalties for doing so far outweigh the Rewards. 20 minutes on these boards have led me to believe even smurf accounts with ZERO chat logs are getting banned, their system is screwy.
: Their automated ban bot isn't perfect. I had someone tell me to kill myself and for my family to get killed. I reported it to riot and nothing happened. Guy is still playing.
> [{quoted}](name=Imeltsteelbeams,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5jh7xN46,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-04-01T16:27:17.318+0000) > > Their automated ban bot isn't perfect. I had someone tell me to kill myself and for my family to get killed. I reported it to riot and nothing happened. Guy is still playing. Not only is it not perfect it's currently often WRONG.
: Ban for x days or forever? Riot doesn't care.
Have you RIOT employees considered what a UNION could do for you? Have you watched a video about why a UNION would be bad for you?
: > [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5jh7xN46,comment-id=000400000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T05:08:41.102+0000) > > https://corporate.findlaw.com/law-library/freedom-of-speech-in-the-workplace-the-first-amendment-revisited.html > > You're not an employee. > Look at Chik-a-Fil for proof. > Ostracized even thou they serve Poultry (pun-intended). > You can disagree and should if you want too; but we both have the right our our view points and opinions. > Which is my point to begin with; RIOT DOESN'T ALLOW FOR US TO HAVE ANY NEGATIVE SPEECH VIEW OR THOUGHT. > They may as well be the Chinese Government. > And that does not fly with me sir. Not one bit. > > Then leave? That's your freedom to choose. Pick a company that has policies that you agree with. > > As a customer you're not allowed control over Riot's company and its rules. That is under the sole control of Riot. It would be a horrible world if customers had control over how the company ran things. > > Make your own company if you want control over it. Why are you so willing to roll over and give up all responsibility to what others do to/for you? Do you want some company to just tell you what to do, where to go, what to think????????????????????????????????????????????
> [{quoted}](name=Shinikaru,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5jh7xN46,comment-id=0004000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T05:13:00.612+0000) > > Why are you so willing to roll over and give up all responsibility to what others do to/for you? Do you want some company to just tell you what to do, where to go, what to think???????????????????????????????????????????? I sure don't. Am I ever going to get a reply from someone that doesn't get paid/want to get paid by Riot?
: >quite so man quite so, I don't disagree. https://corporate.findlaw.com/law-library/freedom-of-speech-in-the-workplace-the-first-amendment-revisited.html You're not an employee. >given enough time none of us will have the freedom to choose. and that is unacceptable. even corporations that act and give business within the US need to give those freedoms. Look at Chik-a-Fil for proof. Ostracized even thou they serve Poultry (pun-intended). You can disagree and should if you want too; but we both have the right our our view points and opinions. Which is my point to begin with; RIOT DOESN'T ALLOW FOR US TO HAVE ANY NEGATIVE SPEECH VIEW OR THOUGHT. They may as well be the Chinese Government. And that does not fly with me sir. Not one bit. Then leave? That's your freedom to choose. Pick a company that has policies that you agree with. As a customer you're not allowed control over Riot's company and its rules. That is under the singular control of Riot. It would be a horrible world if customers had control over how the company ran things. Make your own company if you want control over it.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5jh7xN46,comment-id=000400000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T05:08:41.102+0000) > > https://corporate.findlaw.com/law-library/freedom-of-speech-in-the-workplace-the-first-amendment-revisited.html > > You're not an employee. > Look at Chik-a-Fil for proof. > Ostracized even thou they serve Poultry (pun-intended). > You can disagree and should if you want too; but we both have the right our our view points and opinions. > Which is my point to begin with; RIOT DOESN'T ALLOW FOR US TO HAVE ANY NEGATIVE SPEECH VIEW OR THOUGHT. > They may as well be the Chinese Government. > And that does not fly with me sir. Not one bit. > > Then leave? That's your freedom to choose. Pick a company that has policies that you agree with. > > As a customer you're not allowed control over Riot's company and its rules. That is under the sole control of Riot. It would be a horrible world if customers had control over how the company ran things. > > Make your own company if you want control over it. Why are you so willing to roll over and give up all responsibility to what others do to/for you? Do you want some company to just tell you what to do, where to go, what to think????????????????????????????????????????????
: Read up: https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/first_amendment " **-> Congress <-** shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." Your exceptions that you listed is applied to the first amendment but the first amendment is not applicable at all here. Riot is not congress nor is Riot making law. They are setting the rules in which you use their product or their site. Riot, as a private company, is allowed to dictate the rules on their property. They can even refuse service as long as it isn't done so because of [race, color, religion, or national origin.](https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/the-right-to-refuse-service-can-a-business-refuse-service-to-someone-because-of-appearance) They can impose whatever restriction based on behavior on their property that they wish. It's **THEIR STUFF**. This is the case for any video game company.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5jh7xN46,comment-id=0004000000000001,timestamp=2019-03-31T04:57:14.404+0000) > > Read up: > https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/first_amendment > > " **-> Congress <-** shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." > > Your exceptions that you listed is applied to the first amendment. > > Riot, as a private company, is allowed to dictate the rules on their property. They can even refuse service as long as it isn't done so because of [race, color, religion, or national origin.](https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/the-right-to-refuse-service-can-a-business-refuse-service-to-someone-because-of-appearance) They can impose whatever restriction on their property that they wish. It's **THEIR STUFF**. This is the case for any video game company. quite so man quite so, I don't disagree. https://corporate.findlaw.com/law-library/freedom-of-speech-in-the-workplace-the-first-amendment-revisited.html However those laws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ given enough time none of us will have the freedom to choose. and that is unacceptable. even corporations that act and give business within the US need to give those freedoms. Look at Chik-a-Fil for proof. Ostracized even thou they serve Poultry (pun-intended). You can disagree and should if you want too; but we both have the right our our view points and opinions. Which is my point to begin with; RIOT DOESN'T ALLOW FOR US TO HAVE ANY NEGATIVE SPEECH VIEW OR THOUGHT. They may as well be the Chinese Government. And that does not fly with me sir. Not one bit.
: > [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5jh7xN46,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-03-31T04:35:07.273+0000) > > If you're going to reply, use the "reply" button. It makes the flow of the thread easier to understand. > > Telling them that they are on the payroll is not treating them with respect. It's disregarding their opinion and viewpoint based on an assumption that has no basis. So why should people treat your argument with respect if that's how you're going to treat any disagreement? > > Your first amendment rights do not protect you from consequences. Just as you're free to voice your opinion other people are free to comment or react to that opinion. First amendment only protects you from the government, which neither Riot nor any user here is acting as. > > You ignored most of their post and point. My observation about your misunderstanding of what the first amendment actually means was not the first time it was pointed out. The first amendment actually means I can say whatever I want, you as well. That's the beauty of it. Jo0o by his own admission does nothing but get banned on this forum. And I simply guessed he was on the payroll; and/or told him to stop trolling. One of those 2 things was true, possibly both. For your edification here's a few things the first amendment has NOT been a suitable defense for in our courts: https://www.business2community.com/social-media/7-things-the-first-amendment-doesnt-protect-0129234 Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions for context: https://firstamendmentwatch.org/discrimination-free-speech-supreme-court-decide-cake-means/ this man found the first amendment protected his rights as an individual business owner. By extension, if I had enough money, getting banned on this forum could be won in a court case to remove such a ban even by a private enterprise (RIOT) for infringing on my freedom of speech as applied in action of the the USA. (where the constitution holds weight). We could debate this as long as you would like, but You are flatly mis-representing the very long react of our freedoms of speech. They do not end at the end of a business or corporate arm that FUNCTIONS in a land (USA) that has said laws. read up.
> [{quoted}](name=Shinikaru,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5jh7xN46,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T04:50:32.127+0000) > > The first amendment actually means I can say whatever I want, you as well. That's the beauty of it. Jo0o by his own admission does nothing but get banned on this forum. And I simply guessed he was on the payroll; and/or told him to stop trolling. One of those 2 things was true, possibly both. > For your edification here's a few things the first amendment has NOT been a suitable defense for in our courts: > > https://www.business2community.com/social-media/7-things-the-first-amendment-doesnt-protect-0129234 > Wikipedia: > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions > > for context: > https://firstamendmentwatch.org/discrimination-free-speech-supreme-court-decide-cake-means/ > > this man found the first amendment protected his rights as an individual business owner. By extension, if I had enough money, getting banned on this forum could be won in a court case to remove such a ban even by a private enterprise (RIOT) for infringing on my freedom of speech as applied in action of the the USA. (where the constitution holds weight). We could debate this as long as you would like, but You are flatly mis-representing the very long react of our freedoms of speech. They do not end at the end of a business or corporate arm that FUNCTIONS in a land (USA) that has said laws. > > read up.
: If you're going to reply, use the "reply" button. It makes the flow of the thread easier to understand. > [{quoted}](name=Shinikaru,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5jh7xN46,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-03-31T04:25:23.428+0000) > > actually the fact that I responded to them at all and called them out for trollish behavior killed any reasonable discussion. Dissagreement is the CORE of any discourse. Having opposing viewpoints is the basis of opposing views. I did it with Respect, they engaged in antagonistic flavor. Telling them that they are on the payroll is not treating them with respect. It's disregarding their opinion and viewpoint based on an assumption that has no basis. So why should people treat your argument with respect if that's how you're going to treat any disagreement? > Also well within my first amendment rights. You people are giving up freedom to speak without fear of repercussion? Your first amendment rights do not protect you from consequences. Just as you're free to voice your opinion other people are free to comment or react to that opinion. First amendment only protects you from the government, which neither Riot nor any user here is acting as. > I value and want the opposite view, I relish being debated and proven wrong; however prove me wrong, don't correct my lack of an apostrophe. You ignored most of their post and point. My observation about your misunderstanding of what the first amendment actually means was not the first time it was pointed out.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5jh7xN46,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-03-31T04:35:07.273+0000) > > If you're going to reply, use the "reply" button. It makes the flow of the thread easier to understand. > > Telling them that they are on the payroll is not treating them with respect. It's disregarding their opinion and viewpoint based on an assumption that has no basis. So why should people treat your argument with respect if that's how you're going to treat any disagreement? > > Your first amendment rights do not protect you from consequences. Just as you're free to voice your opinion other people are free to comment or react to that opinion. First amendment only protects you from the government, which neither Riot nor any user here is acting as. > > You ignored most of their post and point. My observation about your misunderstanding of what the first amendment actually means was not the first time it was pointed out. The first amendment actually means I can say whatever I want, you as well. That's the beauty of it. Jo0o by his own admission does nothing but get banned on this forum. And I simply guessed he was on the payroll; and/or told him to stop trolling. One of those 2 things was true, possibly both. For your edification here's a few things the first amendment has NOT been a suitable defense for in our courts: https://www.business2community.com/social-media/7-things-the-first-amendment-doesnt-protect-0129234 Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions for context: https://firstamendmentwatch.org/discrimination-free-speech-supreme-court-decide-cake-means/ this man found the first amendment protected his rights as an individual business owner. By extension, if I had enough money, getting banned on this forum could be won in a court case to remove such a ban even by a private enterprise (RIOT) for infringing on my freedom of speech as applied in action of the the USA. (where the constitution holds weight). We could debate this as long as you would like, but You are flatly mis-representing the very long react of our freedoms of speech. They do not end at the end of a business or corporate arm that FUNCTIONS in a land (USA) that has said laws. read up.
: Ban for x days or forever? Riot doesn't care.
actually the fact that I responded to them at all and called them out for trollish behavior killed any reasonable discussion. Dissagreement is the CORE of any discourse. Having opposing viewpoints is the basis of opposing views. I did it with Respect, they engaged in antagonistic flavor. Why am I the one being called out for it? Just like in any given 'normal' game in league. Also well within my first amendment rights. You people are giving up freedom to speak without fear of repercussion? I value and want the opposite view, I relish being debated and proven wrong; however prove me wrong, don't correct my lack of an apostrophe.
: Would this name be okay?
I've seen far far worse names with rank so go for it. all they'll do is make you change it, or change it for you. (most likely)
: Ban for x days or forever? Riot doesn't care.
Moving this to Reddit. Honestly can't even trust their community boards to be free of shadow-mods. Less likely on reddit..
: I'm season 1 as well. > Don't for a second think I don't get where this game has gone. It's a game. It hasn't gone anywhere. I encounter way less toxicity than I did in those early seasons. > a free and speaking individual that was born and raised in the US of A. Just. Fucking. Stop. Nobody cares about this crusade. If you don't like Riot's rules, door's to the left. Private company, private servers, private rules. Accept them or take your business and your time elsewhere. But guess what...you won't. You gotta keep coming back to something that you hate, that's crushing your freedom, doncha? Let me try explaining the rules in a different way. If I say I'm having a party at my house, but the only rule is No Green Socks, your choices are to come and adhere to the rules, or not come because you disagree, no matter how stupid you think the rules are. What you don't get to do is come into my home and bitch that I'm infringing on YOUR rights. It's my fucking home.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5jh7xN46,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-03-31T03:34:37.487+0000) > > I'm season 1 as well. > > It's a game. It hasn't gone anywhere. I encounter way less toxicity than I did in those early seasons. > > Just. Fucking. Stop. Nobody cares about this crusade. If you don't like Riot's rules, door's to the left. Private company, private servers, private rules. Accept them or take your business and your time elsewhere. But guess what...you won't. You gotta keep coming back to something that you hate, that's crushing your freedom, doncha? > > Let me try explaining the rules in a different way. If I say I'm having a party at my house, but the only rule is No Green Socks, your choices are to come and adhere to the rules, or not come because you disagree, no matter how stupid you think the rules are. What you don't get to do is come into my home and bitch that I'm infringing on YOUR rights. It's my fucking home. Like I said; I know this isn't a Democracy, its a TOTALITARIAN GOVERNMENT lol. Their game their rules their everything. That was explicitly implied in my postings. But whats with your anger, whats the angle?? I'm here to communicate my right to others on this board that may have not realized these things yet, what you just posted are within the board user guidelines; however I'd like to point out that what you just posted also WOULD GET SOME PLAYERS BANNED if it were in game. So what are you about exactly?
Jo0o (NA)
: If you're a real American, you should look up what freedom of speech actually means. Claiming you have some sort of right to spout whatever comes to mind with no repercussions makes us all look like a bunch of ignorant assholes. You do have the right to share your perceptions on these boards. However, they're baseless. Expect extremely little support.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5jh7xN46,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T03:26:27.331+0000) > > If you're a real American, you should look up what freedom of speech actually means. Claiming you have some sort of right to spout whatever comes to mind with no repercussions makes us all look like a bunch of ignorant assholes. > > You do have the right to share your perceptions on these boards. However, they're baseless. Expect extremely little support. I've read over all of your public posts Jo0o; your on the payroll. Go troll someplace else; I can see through you like your chiffon-lace. Zero real discussion posts, every post baiting or antagonistic, the perfect example of my main point: That RIOTS system is blind to Passive trolls. Thanks for proving my point, aka: Outed.
: What they don't realize is that the "defending yourself" would still be punishable even in context. As I've stated in countless threads, and I hope the OP reads this, the game is not just the aggressor and the "defender." The game is 8 other people who don't want to hear two people go at it. If you're "defending yourself" from someone who's being an asshole, you're still disruptive to the game even if you're not being traditionally toxic. And that's the thing that people don't understand. "But my chat logs weren't even that bad!" Right...but was there **any fucking point** to what you were saying in your "defense" that will get you closer to destroying the enemy nexus? No. You're arguing with an asshole and continuing to disrupt the game for everyone else instead of **shutting up and letting assholes be assholes**.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5jh7xN46,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T03:08:38.750+0000) > > What they don't realize is that the "defending yourself" would still be punishable even in context. > > As I've stated in countless threads, and I hope the OP reads this, the game is not just the aggressor and the "defender." The game is 8 other people who don't want to hear two people go at it. If you're "defending yourself" from someone who's being an asshole, you're still disruptive to the game even if you're not being traditionally toxic. > > And that's the thing that people don't understand. "But my chat logs weren't even that bad!" Right...but was there **any fucking point** to what you were saying in your "defense" that will get you closer to destroying the enemy nexus? No. You're arguing with an asshole and continuing to disrupt the game for everyone else instead of **shutting up and letting assholes be assholes**. Your point has been said many times. I'm season one. Don't for a second think I don't get where this game has gone. But don't for one second think that I will ever accept that your rationalization (which is pretty spot on for RIOTs as well) is acceptable from the viewpoint of a free and speaking individual that was born and raised in the US of A. This isnt North Korea, China, Cuba, I have the right to say what I want, how I feel and express my Observable and (subjective) view point. It won't be shared by all, and it won't (but sometimes is) always be 'right'. That isn't and wasn't my point. My point was simply that Riot puts far too much trust and stock in its automated-system while defending and deflecting blame about its mistakes. I can't say it any simpler. I know i'm not incorrect in a lot of my observations; and I know i'm not alone in my annoyance about the current staus-quo about its acceptance. I'm a small potato; all I can do is use my RIGHT to speak my mind on this forum about my (perceived) injustices and to once again..... Never spend a dime on the game meanwhile.
: Honor vs Toxicity.
You can even get heated and report mostly innocent people, if enough people report them they get "killed" from the game.
: Honor vs Toxicity.
Honestly all you need to do is report and convince your other teammates to report. Their system will do the rest. It's unforgiving.
: Ban for x days or forever? Riot doesn't care.
I could do the work for you but reading their forums and reddit posts for the last 2 years kind of back it up. Google for 10minutes and its there. (As well as every single other person that has noticed this, every other post about the same thing.) Like I said it's not a Democracy, we should all strive to NEVER SPEAK in game chat...because one heated moment, one single game where you said something that set off a person in a 4man team and they all troll-report you..that gets you on riots algorithms radar so to speak. I'm confused if you are denying that troll reports never happen, or never hurt the community as a whole? Because I assure you, troll reports happen; and troll reports do in fact hurt individual players on a daily basis: "as taken into the context of their automated systems penalties".
Rioter Comments
: well, then guess it's time to make another account and grind. thanks :)
> [{quoted}](name=Trinity Force,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EGgY3lV9,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T02:02:01.348+0000) > > well, then guess it's time to make another account and grind. thanks :) how do you not already have 1-2 smurfs past 30? don't need to spend a $dime$.
Weeboos (EUNE)
: Unfair.....
RIOT is on a ban hunt at the moment. There's a spike in 14 day bans for accounts with cards; everyone should just stop talking for 60-90 days and wait for it to blow over.
: You know what is funny about your statement? I have seen it said so many times and the perosn posting was a millennial and didn't even know it.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A4OrBnOv,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-04T05:49:56.039+0000) > > You know what is funny about your statement? I have seen it said so many times and the perosn posting was a millennial and didn't even know it. Anyone born between 1981 and 1996 (ages 23 to 38 in 2019) is considered a Millennial, I was born in 1972. I know that of which I speak before I say it. Always. I'm very rarely wrong in such matters. :)
: Perma Ban
RIOT wants money, RIOT wants to appease the largest audience possible. Consider that... They will ban anyone, if it keeps the largest paying demographic "happy" The largest demographic currently are millennial snowflakes that require safe-spaces to go to college. I'm sure i'll get banned for just saying THAT here. I know it would be a call to "report report report!!!!" in a Game! Don't speak bro, that's what they want you to do, don't speak. Fahrenheit 451 is becoming reality. (screen shotting all my forum convos for evidence, because china-this-way-comes) or i'm just super paranoid.
: > Well league it was fun but generation snowflake seems to think its good to antagonize other players and then _*~~when you defend yourself~~*_ they cry out report and then have _*~~their duo partner also report~~*_. As long as you're not retaliating, you won't get punished for defending yourself. Mind you that defending yourself means muting the source of toxicity, not responding to it. Also, multiple reports have the exact same effect as only one report. More change nothing, which is why premade reports, for example, don't matter at all and won't increase the likelihood of someone getting punished. ----- > By the way when you only provide chat logs for what you say it is easy to pull things out of context and i was wondering if you ever even bother to check the chat logs of those who actually do the reporting What other people did is, essentially, irrelevant, because we're discussing **your** behaviour here. If someone else broke the rules, they will have their own case to worry about, but **you** are responsible for what **you** type in chat. It doesn't matter who starts a flame war, but who participates in it. ----- >Maybe in the future to keep things fair and unbias actually read into reports instead of use bots Manual reviews of every single chat related report aren't possible. There are way too many games being played at any given moment for Riot to install something like that. On top of that, their current IFS system, which is in charge of dealing with these topics, boasts high speed, lofty reform rates and outstanding accuracy. ------ > Time and money invested should also be considered prior to permanently banning an account No, it shouldn't, because spending money doesn't unlock any extra privileges. Same goes for the amount of time you spent playing this game. It would make no sense if we were able to use those as a shield against the rules.
> [{quoted}](name=KDA Umbra,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BILqcly8,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-04T02:30:19.940+0000) > > As long as you're not retaliating, you won't get punished for defending yourself. Mind you that defending yourself means muting the source of toxicity, not responding to it. Also, multiple reports have the exact same effect as only one report. More change nothing, which is why premade reports, for example, don't matter at all and won't increase the likelihood of someone getting punished. > > ----- > > What other people did is, essentially, irrelevant, because we're discussing **your** behaviour here. If someone else broke the rules, they will have their own case to worry about, but **you** are responsible for what **you** type in chat. It doesn't matter who starts a flame war, but who participates in it. > > ----- > > Manual reviews of every single chat related report aren't possible. There are way too many games being played at any given moment for Riot to install something like that. On top of that, their current IFS system, which is in charge of dealing with these topics, boasts high speed, lofty reform rates and outstanding accuracy. > > ------ > > No, it shouldn't, because spending money doesn't unlock any extra privileges. Same goes for the amount of time you spent playing this game. It would make no sense if we were able to use those as a shield against the rules. YES, DON'T ACTUALLY verbalize yourself, your only choice is to WALK AWAY (tail between legs) and say/do nothing. Welcome to the new NA (democrats)
: >The mistake people that get reported make is to keep talking. That’s not why they’re punished, though. They typically have aspects of negative communication in their logs.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Qw77f8Bo,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-04T06:04:51.458+0000) > > That’s not why they’re punished, though. > > They typically have aspects of negative communication in their logs. That is incorrect because RIOTS system does NOT look at the entire picture. It judges you on your logs, while at the same time pretending that every other speaker doesn't exist. They do this to save $$money$$, not because its 'fair'. (thereby they don't need actual people to look at these things) It's far easier to scan one persons logs for 'trigger words' and make a 'Judgement' with an algorithm. -The same algorithm isn't smart enough to make a Judgement on 3-6 persons worth of chat-log, and determine not only intent but guilt. Lets be serious here Periscope, the system is a computer, it shows you only YOUR logs because that's all the math their system can handle, and it only looks for KEY 'indicators'. (Which is why it's always better to never speak in game) But it's also why it favors reporters and not speakers for punishment, it makes it inherently easy to gang-up on one person. The Math is easy, I can see the program..... Hell I could write some of it. What bothers me is the personal aspect, and RIOT selling it as a "fix". It's not a fix, it's lazy. But it's cost-effective.
: >communication is discouraged. That just isn’t the case. Healthy communication is definitely encouraged. If you feel that’s just not the case, then you can post whatever chat logs caused you to get punished in a separate discussion.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Qw77f8Bo,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-02-04T05:41:45.856+0000) > > That just isn’t the case. Healthy communication is definitely encouraged. If you feel that’s just not the case, then you can post whatever chat logs caused you to get punished in a separate discussion. Not for nothing, but your first comment 14 minutes before this one that i'm replying to was this: 1 [{quoted}]Periscope (NA) Moderator - 14 minutes ago If he’s not willing to take your advice, then adapt. You can’t expect everyone to always follow your commands. Reply Quote Permalink [{quoted}] And it was not preceded by anything, or given a closing by anything. Kind of my point....Far too reactionary to another persons perspective, with no communication at all. When one person shuts down it becomes one sided. When one person shuts down and then reports the other person it was not only one sided, it was unfair. The mistake people that get reported make is to keep talking. And I'm sure i'm wearing out My welcome on this thread so, I've made my point, I'll move along.
: If he’s not willing to take your advice, then adapt. You can’t expect everyone to always follow your commands.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Qw77f8Bo,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-02-04T05:33:26.308+0000) > > If he’s not willing to take your advice, then adapt. You can’t expect everyone to always follow your commands. Periscope, these are PUG games. The first conversation is always that a conversation, or a suggestion, never a 'COMMAND'. That would be totalitarianism or enforced Communism. I'm all about the team effort baby. Do 'Not' ignore or discourage the fact that we all know, those of us that are over 30 and play this game, that simple suggestions and asks in games Lately are considered 'Trolling' by PUGS. Riot can track all sorts of stats per-champ, why isn't this on the RADAR?
: hm
actually it's like that all of the time with basically any Millennial.
: This is the most toxic season and it's barely been a month
: Then stop. You don't know what that person's deal is. Maybe they are having a bad guy. Maybe people won't stop giving them shit about how they play. You have no idea what's going on behind their screen.
> [{quoted}](name=EvilDustMan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Qw77f8Bo,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-04T05:11:15.806+0000) > > Then stop. You don't know what that person's deal is. Maybe they are having a bad guy. Maybe people won't stop giving them shit about how they play. You have no idea what's going on behind their screen. This is a perfect example of kids not trying to see the Other person, before they react. 1.What are you saying stop too? 2.What assumptions are you making that makes you assume anything. 3.You also have no idea whats going on behind the Other Person screen, but your comment already seems to assume that anything said here-to-fore was abusive? 1. Communication between two people requires both people to engage in honest back and forth discussion. --.One person saying to someone else that they have never met in a PUG game "dude can you try to play it safer and not feed so much so early" is not toxic, that's actually really good goddamn advice. and if that's as far as it goes is hardly toxic unless your a snowflake. 3. UNFORTUNATELY as the OP points out, usually even a simple comment such as this ruffles up feathers to the point that the speaker is considered toxic, and the other person not only ends up being the troll for reporting, but doesn't actually try to adapt their game either. Sadly, as it stands, it's the speaker that is punished, Not the reporter. So I stand by the obvious assessment, never speak. Find some regular friends to play with, but If you Must PUG, DON'T TALK. You'll not only end up more sane in the end, you'll also beat their screwed up system, because they don't know what your screaming at your walls. ;)
: Banning Players From Ranked Play Only!
Um, I've said it for a while, we don't need to ban afk players, it's clear the leaver buster only sort-of-works. What we need is a defense against people that TROLL VOTE NO. There should be a system in place that doesn't let them vote after they've voted no to quit after 2 consecutive votes
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Apricot Jams,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Qw77f8Bo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-04T03:21:51.715+0000) > > yea dude you cant say shit without these kids getting chapped as if ur their dad telling them what to do or something. You could literally be giving the most neutral sounding objective advice and they'll go "toxic" or "muted" lmao snowflake mentality ^THIS, So this.
Show more

Shinikaru

Level 88 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion