Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Ignore the advice of "wait until they say something toxic." I've tried that route and it personally doesn't work for me. As soon as I see one toxic thing in chat I get tilted. I literally can't help it, it bothers me so much that I can't focus on the game and I'd rather focus on whatever the statement was directed at. Whether it be not following the team call or making a wrong call. "/ignore all" is going to be your best friend. You seriously don't need anybody's pings to climb and it won't take away your teams ability to see what you want to do. The downside of this is that it makes you less likely to win. However, honestly not by much. I rarely lose games because I didn't see somebody's pings it's almost always because I didn't look at the mini map or make correct macro play. The positive side of this is that doing this will actually make you better at critical thinking and macro decisions. All decisions you make are solely influenced by yourself. You have nobody else telling you what to do and can't see anything your team is pinging. The best play is all left up to your decision. Hopefully this helps, honestly if you're able to deal with pings keep them. I personally ignore them most of the time because low Elo has terrible macro anyways and I can figure out the best winning move by looking at the mini map myself.
> [{quoted}](name=DapCutscene,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tiXaMNEW,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-05-08T06:14:23.165+0000) > > Ignore the advice of "wait until they say something toxic." I've tried that route and it personally doesn't work for me. As soon as I see one toxic thing in chat I get tilted. I literally can't help it, it bothers me so much that I can't focus on the game and I'd rather focus on whatever the statement was directed at. Whether it be not following the team call or making a wrong call. > > "/ignore all" is going to be your best friend. You seriously don't need anybody's pings to climb and it won't take away your teams ability to see what you want to do. > > The downside of this is that it makes you less likely to win. However, honestly not by much. I rarely lose games because I didn't see somebody's pings it's almost always because I didn't look at the mini map or make correct macro play. > > The positive side of this is that doing this will actually make you better at critical thinking and macro decisions. All decisions you make are solely influenced by yourself. You have nobody else telling you what to do and can't see anything your team is pinging. The best play is all left up to your decision. > > Hopefully this helps, honestly if you're able to deal with pings keep them. I personally ignore them most of the time because low Elo has terrible macro anyways and I can figure out the best winning move by looking at the mini map myself. Ty for the detailed response and helpful advice, already disabled chat and I am looking forward to start and ignore these toxic players. Might be able to improve my macro as well.
: unbind the enter button because riot bans for anything tbh
> [{quoted}](name=Yasuo VS Riven,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tiXaMNEW,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-05-05T21:36:44.998+0000) > > unbind the enter button because riot bans for anything tbh Yup, already downloaded autohotkey!
Hotarµ (NA)
: It's my understanding that you can go all the way from a 14-day ban to a clean slate. I tried to find a source that discredited that claim but I couldn't find one, and it also doesn't make much sense for that to be the case anyway since accounts would be permanently on death row after 3 mistakes. Riot doesn't want permabanned players to continue playing, but they do want to give a bit of leniency to allow players to reform. :p
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tiXaMNEW,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-05T16:35:23.541+0000) > > It's my understanding that you can go all the way from a 14-day ban to a clean slate. > > I tried to find a source that discredited that claim but I couldn't find one, and it also doesn't make much sense for that to be the case anyway since accounts would be permanently on death row after 3 mistakes. Riot doesn't want permabanned players to continue playing, but they do want to give a bit of leniency to allow players to reform. :p Always nice to hear that they're giving players opportunities to reform, thank you for all the tips guys and I promise I will try my best to reform through the years coming.
Hotarµ (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=HungryAngry2SPP,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tiXaMNEW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-05T16:06:34.530+0000) > > From personal experience. Change game for a while, but not any kinds of shooter, something calm, like an MMORPG. One i'm playing right now is Wakfu, chill game, chill community That's not a bad idea, to take a break from a game after a stressful experience, but that won't end up helping OP's account in the long run. It takes consistent positive action to reform, you can't just leave for a year and come back to a clean slate.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tiXaMNEW,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-05-05T16:16:20.964+0000) > > That's not a bad idea, to take a break from a game after a stressful experience, but that won't end up helping OP's account in the long run. It takes consistent positive action to reform, you can't just leave for a year and come back to a clean slate. I thought you can't reform from a 14-day ban, only chat restrictions? Isn't it a straight perma-ban if you happen to be toxic?
Hotarµ (NA)
: > Really?! So if I just disable chat, and stay literally neutral, the only problems I would have to worry about are inting and leaverbuster, which are separate punishments? Muting all isn't enough on it's own, you have to be positive in your games for a long period of time for your account status to start healing. My advice: Whenever something happens, just drop a simple "GJ", "great work", or something along those lines and the _second_ someone starts giving you a hard time, mute them. Don't flame them, don't try to reason with them, don't retaliate in any capacity, just mute them.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tiXaMNEW,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-05T16:14:51.121+0000) > > Muting all isn't enough on it's own, you have to be positive in your games for a long period of time for your account status to start healing. > > My advice: Whenever something happens, just drop a simple "GJ", "great work", or something along those lines and the _second_ someone starts giving you a hard time, mute them. Don't flame them, don't try to reason with them, don't retaliate in any capacity, just mute them. Would you say I disable chat for a few weeks and then come back with chat enabled and start dropping the GL HF, and gj?
mack9112 (NA)
: Just don’t engage in toxic situations and recognize when someone is trying to instigate something.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tiXaMNEW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-05T16:10:19.694+0000) > > Just don’t engage in toxic situations and recognize when someone is trying to instigate something. Would you say leaving chat on is better, or disable it?
: From personal experience. Change game for a while, but not any kinds of shooter, something calm, like an MMORPG. One i'm playing right now is Wakfu, chill game, chill community
> [{quoted}](name=HungryAngry2SPP,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tiXaMNEW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-05T16:06:34.530+0000) > > From personal experience. Change game for a while, but not any kinds of shooter, something calm, like an MMORPG. One i'm playing right now is Wakfu, chill game, chill community So you've experienced a 14-day ban and have switched to another game for a bit, and came back? How long has it been since your ban?
: Intentional feeding and chat-related punishments are separate.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tiXaMNEW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-05T16:01:44.296+0000) > > Intentional feeding and chat-related punishments are separate. Really?! So if I just disable chat, and stay literally neutral, the only problems I would have to worry about are inting and leaverbuster, which are separate punishments?
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=ShockStrikes,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NioRmRRM,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-30T15:54:23.847+0000) > > What does micro mean? I'm still relatively new to the game. Micro means how you manage your lane( minion wave management, how you deal with your opponent in the match-up, how you react to being ganked or your jungler ganking) Macro is simply put objectives. At each point in the game you have to be somewhere on the map, push tower, take Drakes, be at Baron. It's about taking the best decisions on where to be at a certain moment. Like when you see a lot of top lane high ELO players pushing bot while 4 people are at Baron. That's a macro decision. The opponents either collapse on the top laner, but lose Baron, or contest Baron, but lose towers/inhib on the pushing lane.
> [{quoted}](name=ContDeCaterinca1,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NioRmRRM,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-30T16:35:36.719+0000) > > Micro means how you manage your lane( minion wave management, how you deal with your opponent in the match-up, how you react to being ganked or your jungler ganking) > > Macro is simply put objectives. At each point in the game you have to be somewhere on the map, push tower, take Drakes, be at Baron. > It's about taking the best decisions on where to be at a certain moment. > Like when you see a lot of top lane high ELO players pushing bot while 4 people are at Baron. That's a macro decision. > > The opponents either collapse on the top laner, but lose Baron, or contest Baron, but lose towers/inhib on the pushing lane. Well said, thanks man.
DeThorn8 (EUNE)
: i recommend hecarim if you got good macro akali again if you got good micro
> [{quoted}](name=DeThorn8,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NioRmRRM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-30T15:50:57.662+0000) > > i recommend hecarim if you got good macro > akali again if you got good micro What does micro mean? I'm still relatively new to the game.
Rioter Comments

ShockStrikes

Level 95 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion