: This is so fucking gay.
> [{quoted}](name=MrHigginS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EIdE9jMn,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-08-03T00:41:14.606+0000) > > This is so fucking gay. I agree. **gay** adjective a : happily excited : merry in a gay mood b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits a bird's gay spring song
: Stay cool, Summoners!
if the enemy kills me with a good move, i'm likely to /allchat "goddammit i hate you. good play." {{summoner:3}}
: You wouldn't expect to win a card tournament with a starter deck
If bronze is removed, silver will effectively become the new bronze, albeit slightly shinier. I feel like any competitive sports/games can be designed as free-to-enter, as in the case for League. The tiers are in place to place similar skill levels together. So what if they're less skilled than higher tier players? They're (theoretically) playing with others who are similar in skill level, for whatever reason. They may not be as competitive, they may need more time to learn the ropes, they may be unlucky. I see no reason to bar someone's ability to enter the competition, since every participant will simply have to deal with the tier they're placed in based on their individual skills anyway.
zPOOPz (NA)
: You're going to have to be careful with the definition here. When 2 players are trash talking with each other in a friendly manner, it is banter and a very good social part this game sorely need. When 2 players are trash talking with each other in a hostile manner, it is flaming and very toxic this game does not need. When 1 player is trash talking while the other actively trying to ignore him, it is harassment
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=paif5g1A,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-08-01T14:16:27.545+0000) > > You're going to have to be careful with the definition here. > > When 2 players are trash talking with each other in a friendly manner, it is banter and a very good social part this game sorely need. > > When 2 players are trash talking with each other in a hostile manner, it is flaming and very toxic this game does not need. > > When 1 player is trash talking while the other actively trying to ignore him, it is harassment Example: 1. Banter A: "wtf I'm an idiot! No one saw my failed flash XD" B: "Nope. Totally didn't see how you completely flashed into the wall" 2. Toxic A: "where the fuck were you top? we could have got the kill" B: "stfu you're bad" 3. Harassment A: "top feeding" A: "stop feeding top" A: "wtf just arm" A: "report top for inting"
FighterA236 (EUNE)
: Honor system just doesnt feel satisfying anymore.
I feel like some people see this new honor system as "Riot LOOK I'm nice, right? I'm saying the right things, right? Now gimme my rewards!" I personally don't think that's how the honor system is intended to be used. I treat the new honor system and the rewards that come with it as a **BONUS ** to being the type of players Riot strive to encourage. Meaning, if you're consistently being a positive influence to your team, you have the chance to receive extra stuff that others may not get. There's a difference between being rewarded for good behavior and exhibiting good behaviors just to get the rewards. There's nothing wrong with the latter, but if you start complaining about not getting rewarded, then you're missing the point of the honor system.
scazzman (NA)
: "Just don't be toxic "
I think most people who offer "just don't be toxic" as an advice because to us, there's no more simple ways to offer an advice for avoiding punishment. Having a legitimate mental illness issue is one thing, since it is an **actual ** sickness. However, for the majority of the people who have been restricted/banned, I daresay it's more of a matter of lack of self discipline. There are already many other posts on the board where people tangible actions/advice to take to help the issue of individual toxicity, but for the most part they're all advice on how to manage one's emotions and self control - "don't be toxic".
Yrzen (NA)
: It's recommended for supports to give up kills for their team mates because they can generally better make use of it; the support role, by definition, is one that can function with comparatively less gold. When you play a carry Support, you're expected to make up for your lack of utility with damage, but that damage too is also meant to give your adc an edge; not necessarily yourself. If it's a 2v2 and your partner isn't instantly within range, I recommend bursting an enemy instantly if you can rather than bursting them down most of the way because waiting for an ally to come and claim the kill leaves a window of time for them to flash away, dash away, or get peeled by their ally. If you've surrounded them, then you can offer them up to your ally, but even while you do so, you should put yourself in a position to take them out in the event that they escape your ally or start winning a duel against them. It is always better to secure the kill than to risk trading a kill or wasting your abilities. Though your teammates might have assessed the situation differently, all that matters for your decision is what your judgement is; not theirs.
> [{quoted}](name=Yrzen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EYjr9xMG,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2017-07-20T08:55:17.944+0000) > > It's recommended for supports to give up kills for their team mates because they can generally better make use of it; the support role, by definition, is one that can function with comparatively less gold. When you play a carry Support, you're expected to make up for your lack of utility with damage, but that damage too is also meant to give your adc an edge; not necessarily yourself. > > If it's a 2v2 and your partner isn't instantly within range, I recommend bursting an enemy instantly if you can rather than bursting them down most of the way because waiting for an ally to come and claim the kill leaves a window of time for them to flash away, dash away, or get peeled by their ally. If you've surrounded them, then you can offer them up to your ally, but even while you do so, you should put yourself in a position to take them out in the event that they escape your ally or start winning a duel against them. > > It is always better to secure the kill than to risk trading a kill or wasting your abilities. Though your teammates might have assessed the situation differently, all that matters for your decision is what your judgement is; not theirs. Personally I think it's "recommended" only because of the meta mentality that puts everyone in a fixed role. But that's the only thing I slightly disagree with you here. When I play Annie support, I try to give the adc or other lanes the kills. Often I would burst, and walk alongside the enemy champ just in case they get away. I agree to try to give the kill opportunity to other lanes if we play damage support, but we shouldn't be limiting the support's kill potential and contribution either.
: Not every support kill is a ks
If you can help the team push down the turrets and blow up the Nexus, no one really should care who gets the kills. The only reason other players are complaining about "Annie supp ks" is that they themselves feel useless in comparison and it's hurting their pride (in my own opinion). Yes, adc's can generally push towers or take objectives faster than a burst mage, but if you can rid the map of the enemy champions for some free lane pressure, what's not to love?
GD3RD (NA)
: Players with unstable internet connection should not play ranked, and should be punished..
I don't mean to sound harsh here, but every time I see posts like this, I just picture a teenager complaining about other people's internet connection while sitting at home playing a video game with the high speed internet the parents pay for.
: I really cried
I think what the OP means is that muting is a solution to block out the negative communication, but it doesn't help solve the issue of toxicity. It's basically like looking away or closing your eyes to a crime happening in front of it - it may stop bothering you for the moment, but the crime is still happening.
: "IDGAF ITS MY SMURF MOTHER ******"
unfortunately, Riot cannot immediately police all of the negative player behavior on the spot. Feel free to add me in game, and I can play with you some time to help your grind at least a somewhat more enjoyable experience.
: Any clue why I seem to care in solo rather than in duo? When I play with a friend, even if someone does something terribly stupid and my friend is mic spamming the crap outa me, I don't seem to care. If I'm playing solo on the other hand, I'll probably make a remark about how he sucked. Also if i make another account is that allowed, or am I truly forever punished to never play League again?
> [{quoted}](name=Peasqueak,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7LfbERNi,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-07-07T00:49:19.060+0000) > > Any clue why I seem to care in solo rather than in duo? When I play with a friend, even if someone does something terribly stupid and my friend is mic spamming the crap outa me, I don't seem to care. If I'm playing solo on the other hand, I'll probably make a remark about how he sucked. > > Also if i make another account is that allowed, or am I truly forever punished to never play League again? It seems to me like a sort of self-validation thing. When you duo, if you feel like complaining or even flaming, you have the option to complain **privately **to your friend, who is likely to agree with you. This give you the sense of validation, that you're not wrong, and that the other player is indeed to be blamed. But all of this can happen **privately**, so all is fine, and you don't really care about any other players' reactions because you can feel the sense of support from your friend. Now when you play solo, you don't have that automatic source of support/validation. Without it, you're likely to type in team/all chat in hope (maybe subconsciously) that someone else validates your belief. Now all of a sudden all the complaining/trash talking that would have happened privately with your friend now happens in team/all chat, and random strangers online may not react as kindly in response to your comments as your friend would. If all of the above makes sense to you and you think it has some truth in it, my advice would be: **1. Don't seek validation from others, and 2. Realize that opinions of a stranger on the internet should have little to no effect to you (unless you allow it)** Good luck!
: Lost my promos but didn't get mad.
Good luck on the climb! Keep up the attitude. :)
SanKakU (NA)
: I'm having this issue as well. The warding totems feel very ineffective against Lee Sin and Zac. Whenever I'm top lane lately I just embrace the fact that I'll probably get ganked a lot and just shove the lane as hard as I can just to get them to feed on me instead of the rest of my team. I figure I can't win the lane playing passively so might as well help secure the other lanes by being a decoy. It's actually the only way I've been able to win while playing top lane lately.
> [{quoted}](name=SanKakU,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jXofa15F,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-07-07T14:42:20.940+0000) > > I'm having this issue as well. The warding totems feel very ineffective against Lee Sin and Zac. Whenever I'm top lane lately I just embrace the fact that I'll probably get ganked a lot and just shove the lane as hard as I can just to get them to feed on me instead of the rest of my team. I figure I can't win the lane playing passively so might as well help secure the other lanes by being a decoy. It's actually the only way I've been able to win while playing top lane lately. Depending on the top lane champ you choose to play and/or play against, you can try to shove your lane and then roam to secure kills in other lanes if the opportunity arises. That's how I've been playing Tahm Kench top recently. And generally if you have no vision near the river on your side and don't know where the enemy jungler is, just try to stay at least around the middle of the lane, so you have room to retreat if a gank comes. Just gotta try to play around the situation.
Dengeden (EUW)
: Being annoying isn't a "legitimate strategy", you're just being annoying
I agree with both sides on this really. I don't get tilted for this taunting "strategy". Honestly I don't believe most people do it deliberately as a "strategy". I suspect most people do it because it gives them a sense of superiority over their opponents. And sometimes it happens to tilt the enemy laner and it works to your benefit, which is an added bonus to winning the game, on top of the ego boost. Unnecessary, but all the power to you. On the other hand, regardless of how tilt proof you are, it does get annoying to see your opponent bm, especially if they do it every time they get a kill. But then again, no one can fix human behavior, so there's always the mute function as a last resort to shield from enemy comments.
: Playing games 3 vs 5, fun. Riot should do something about that.
I still don't really understand how fixing player behavior is Riot's problem. Riot should (and is trying to) address the issue of toxicity and improving overall player experience, but player behavior can ONLY be fixed by each player. The best Riot can do is try to assess instances of toxicity and do its best to prevent players with a consistent history of poor behavior to affect others. I guess I'm just not understanding the demand for Riot to fix humans.
: I absolutely agree that improving overall community behavior is a great goal. But whereas Honor used to incentivize active, sportsmanlike behavior, it seems to me that the new Honor rank system primarily incentivizes not being a bannable troll. That's a great thing to incentivize, and I appreciate having fewer bannable trolls, but I don't see a reason why we can't also positively incentivize sportsmanlike behavior, such as through high Honor tiers being difficult to get and remain in (i.e. requiring Honors).
I guess in terms of priority, reducing overall toxicity takes precedence over rewarding good behavior. I'd personally wait and see if Riot can come up with something that expands on this new honor system (also interesting to see how this new approach works in improving overall experience)
: Gaining Honor is Too Easy
I think the idea here is to improve the **_overall _**player experience by offering positive incentives to behave well, rather than to reward already sportsmanlike players who is already behaving well. While it is nice to be recognized for good behaviors and being "honorable", for me, it's more important to look at this at the big picture - to improve the overall community behavior to create an enjoyable experience for everyone by providing incentives. In the eyes of players who are already friendly, this may be seen as our previous status has been taken away. But honestly, if this new honor system can help the community as a whole to become less toxic, I'm all for it.
: Honor System Coming off to a Great Start
The dilemma with /muteall vs. toxicity is that /mute is **meant** to be the last resort to deal with display of toxicity (which is out of your control - as in, we can't control whether another players is being toxic). However, some/many people use /mute as a _excuse_ for toxicity: i.e. "if you don't want to see me calling you an idiot, why don't you mute?" I feel that Riot shouldn't be responsible for correcting player behaviors. They're actively TRYING to because they want to create a friendly environment for their player base, but ultimately each individual player is responsible for their OWN behavior. /muteall is just the last option to deal with toxicity.
: Been playing just over a year and not one warning, just saying.
> [{quoted}](name=arphaxadUSA,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ijNKc387,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-06-28T15:22:35.671+0000) > > Been playing just over a year and not one warning, just saying. Good man! I've been playing for 4 years and still no warning. :D
: > [{quoted}](name=EvilDustMan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wEP3AnpG,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-12-29T09:55:20.103+0000) > > Because toxicity only makes things worse. if the game is already lost, it doesn't matter what you say to them from a game perspective, because its already over. This game is about winning or losing, not about being the nicest person on the planet. maybe I misunderstood something, care to explain what worse could happen in a match if its not losing it?
> [{quoted}](name=lIIIIllIIllIIl,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wEP3AnpG,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-06-27T14:13:08.595+0000) > > if the game is already lost, it doesn't matter what you say to them from a game perspective, because its already over. This game is about winning or losing, not about being the nicest person on the planet. > maybe I misunderstood something, care to explain what worse could happen in a match if its not losing it? losing your soul to a video game
0ctavia (NA)
: Haha all good points, thank you :) I will try not to get so annoyed - the ones that annoy me are only when I have spent time alone and they jump out of no where and kill before I can. I think I understood more until I was playing Caitlin recently and it takes a few seconds for her to launch her kill shot. I must say I also get annoyed when the AI tank jumps in front of the bullet and interrupts my last shot hahahahahahahhahahah! I wish more players would do that for me sometimes :))))
> [{quoted}](name=0ctavia,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E7IEuA6f,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2017-06-27T00:10:57.423+0000) > > Haha all good points, thank you :) I will try not to get so annoyed - the ones that annoy me are only when I have spent time alone and they jump out of no where and kill before I can. I think I understood more until I was playing Caitlin recently and it takes a few seconds for her to launch her kill shot. I must say I also get annoyed when the AI tank jumps in front of the bullet and interrupts my last shot hahahahahahahhahahah! I wish more players would do that for me sometimes :)))) Oh yeah, haha that's exactly how to deny a long range Caitlyn kill. I'm sure a lot of longer-time League players have blocked a Cait shot for an ally before ;)
0ctavia (NA)
: Frustrating Beginning for New Players
Also, when I first started playing PVP, I didn't like the people who ks either. I then shifted my mentality to think, "cool, I'm just gathering experience and play time now until I hit level 30." So I tend to focus a bit less on the kill counts, but rather just maximizing experience and IP, and also learning the game mechanics/dynamics/champion interactions. Once you get to play draft pick games at level 30, and as you play more games, you'll find that it gets better. Also, now I mainly think of "ks" as "kill secured" rather than "kill steals". Genuine kill steals still annoy me (it doesn't happen that often anymore), but I try not to let it get to me as much. In AI games, either 1) LCS wannabes want to show off or 2) more experienced players have trouble holding back, they may stomp all the games. But in PVP games, this would be better.
0ctavia (NA)
: Frustrating Beginning for New Players
Feel free to add me in game! If anything, I can give you some tips on certain champions in a 1v1 scenario (playing against AI would create the problems you have in the OP, and honestly AIs are a lot more predictable than human players). We can even practice together if you'd like. I know it's tough to learn League, especially if you're not playing with friends. I learned with my brother and leveled up to 30....4 years ago now (damn I've been playing for this long!?) It can definitely be daunting at first. TLDR: add me if you'd like and we can practice. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: You need to make the definition of afk more clear
I think he SHOULD go grab the cookies during the match because 1) no cookies deserves to be ruined, and 2) if he forgets about the oven, that's actually a fire hazard. However, that said, he WAS afk and you are certainly free to report him. He's just making excuses for going afk (a very legitimate reason, but an excuse to try to get out of being reported).
: You only get one to start with plus one if you buy it. And if you buy the pink it costs you a pot. One ward doesn't remotely cover every path to the lane. Moreover, it's not always possible if you're getting camped because the jungler might just be where you go to ward and the laner will follow you and instead of getting 2 v 1 in lane, you get 2 v 1 where you tried to ward. So saying "ward" is passive aggressive, dismissive, and condescending. And all it served to do was make him mad.
> [{quoted}](name=BigBellBrute,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=t6BBTW8p,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-06-22T02:29:26.247+0000) > > You only get one to start with plus one if you buy it. And if you buy the pink it costs you a pot. One ward doesn't remotely cover every path to the lane. Moreover, it's not always possible if you're getting camped because the jungler might just be where you go to ward and the laner will follow you and instead of getting 2 v 1 in lane, you get 2 v 1 where you tried to ward. So saying "ward" is passive aggressive, dismissive, and condescending. And all it served to do was make him mad. While I may agree a single word "ward" CAN be interpreted many different ways, including passive aggressiveness and condescending. But OP followed up with "if you warded and used the map then you wouldn't ~~of ~~ have died" (sorry I had to correct that XD). I think that clearly demonstrated his intention was to provide advice to help rather than being passive aggressive. Perhaps he could have phrased it even better, but Ekko still could have taken it any way he wanted.
: Compassion and success
1. Use common human decency towards others in the Rift 2. If compassion is met with hostility, shut them up not by talking back, but by winning the game (or mute, whichever suits you) P.S. No need to show them up post game if you win either. Just let your action/result speak for itself 3. If the game is lost, know that the words Mr. Anonymous behind a computer screen can't hurt you unless you let them. Take the loss in grace 4. Repeat from Step 1.
: I am B5 Trash, Community Made.
It's been no surprise that support has generally been the least appreciated role, at least in low elo. I personally don't play ranked, but a few advice I'd give (if you still want to play the game as a support) are: 1. **/muteall** - this doesn't fix the toxicity problem, but at least you can play your own game without being frustrated by other people flaming 2. **Be the "better" person** - be the "bigger man", so to speak. Take comfort in the fact that you know better than to flame back to the person who's flaming you. Know that these people can't get under your skin unless you allow them to. _And here's a good one I often do - respond to them with sarcasm and play their flaming out as a game-long joke._ 3. **Focus on the positive** - I don't mean you have to be positive all the time. I mean, I'm sure there are at least a few games where your team appreciates your support efforts if you play well. I've had quite a lot of games where the adc gives me all the credit for the lane won, or even having the team telling me that I carried the game as a support Tahm Kench. I've also been called trash/garbage a lot, but I tend to just ignore those after a while, and I just remember the positive feedback more :) 4. **Take a break** - take a few days break from playing support, or ranked, or even the game. You don't need the toxicity (from internet trolls, no less!) in your life. League is a game. It's supposed to be where you can have fun (while being considerate to others), similar to any other team sports. Don't let the game/other players keep you down. Good luck out there, whether you choose to continue playing or not. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Vegathron (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=DarthDanimal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aFxUA9ke,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-18T23:05:32.846+0000) > > no not at all. i just feel if they have a place to compete they will let me play what i am skilled in. just like any sport. A pro Tennis player doesn't go out wondering if he will play tennis or football. same with me why should i have to guess instead of playing what i am skilled at to help my team win. yeah ok lets use a sports analogy. an under 10s football player plays where the fuck the coach tells him to play = soloq you have to sometimes play in different areas a professional football player who is known for a particular role/position always gets to (generally) play that position = In LCS/real LoL teams you always get to play your main role. so i guess i just made a solution for you, get good enough to play in an LCS team and your problems are solved :) you cant compare the top echelon of competition of something else to random people playing together in league dude!
> [{quoted}](name=Vegathron,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aFxUA9ke,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-19T07:34:02.512+0000) > > yeah ok lets use a sports analogy. > an under 10s football player plays where the fuck the coach tells him to play = soloq you have to sometimes play in different areas > > a professional football player who is known for a particular role/position always gets to (generally) play that position = In LCS/real LoL teams you always get to play your main role. > > so i guess i just made a solution for you, get good enough to play in an LCS team and your problems are solved :) > > you cant compare the top echelon of competition of something else to random people playing together in league dude! Another way to look at this sports analogy is pickup games. Each solo que game is essentially a pick up game where no one knows about each other's skill levels or play styles, and each person may get a random position. You can call for a position, but if you're assigned a position or if it's necessary for you to fill the spot, then you should be able to play it at a certain level that is on par with the team (or at least try to).
: Free Coaching - Diamond 3 Mid Lane Main
Thanks for the generous offer! A few pointers wouldn't hurt :) I'm more of a casual player, but it'd be nice to learn a few things for sure!
Doofs (NA)
: Will previous ribbon owners get anything when the new honour system ships?
I think in this case the OP isn't saying that he's **only** being sportsmanlike for the rewards. I think it's more feeling appreciated for being one. If we are truly honorable, we will eventually get the recognition that is deserved. I personally don't really care for the recognition, but I completely understand where the OP is coming from.
: So when a person is kind to you, you think that they are fake? Have you never done anything for a total stranger just because it was the right thing to do? So what you are saying is that a person is only being honest is when that person is lying cheating stealing berating and criticizing you? So any compliment to you, no matter what you did, is given falsely? So if you do something good, and someone compliments you, you question the person's motives for the compliment? Why is it considered “ok” to be such . . . . . to one and other, but being polite is considered weird strange or fake? Wow, we live in totally different worlds. Two elderly women had trouble keeping their car running because the dog ear broke off of their alternator so there wasn't enough tension on the pulley of the alternator to keep the car running. I took a Vise Grip from my car and locked it onto what was left of the dog ear, then jump-started their car, so they could get to a mechanic nearby to weld an eye back on and bolt it down. I had never met those two women before in my life. I accepted no money from them. I helped them out even though they were complete strangers. Was I being "fake" because I helped someone, a total stranger, out of a jam? It's called common human decency. You see, they weren't toxic to me, so I helped them out, even though they were strangers. Had they been toxic toward me, the human emotion in me would have told me to keep on driving right by them, and I would not have helped them out at all. Yes, I am human. Yes, I have emotions. Yes, I react to those emotions, because I am human.
> [{quoted}](name=m21tactical,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3UpNurPs,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2017-06-14T07:42:58.072+0000) > > So when a person is kind to you, you think that they are fake? Have you never done anything for a total stranger just because it was the right thing to do? So what you are saying is that a person is only being honest is when that person is lying cheating stealing berating and criticizing you? So any compliment to you, no matter what you did, is given falsely? So if you do something good, and someone compliments you, you question the person's motives for the compliment? > > Why is it considered “ok” to be such . . . . . to one and other, but being polite is considered weird strange or fake? > > Wow, we live in totally different worlds. > > Two elderly women had trouble keeping their car running because the dog ear broke off of their alternator so there wasn't enough tension on the pulley of the alternator to keep the car running. I took a Vise Grip from my car and locked it onto what was left of the dog ear, then jump-started their car, so they could get to a mechanic nearby to weld an eye back on and bolt it down. I had never met those two women before in my life. I accepted no money from them. I helped them out even though they were complete strangers. > > Was I being "fake" because I helped someone, a total stranger, out of a jam? It's called common human decency. > > You see, they weren't toxic to me, so I helped them out, even though they were strangers. Had they been toxic toward me, the human emotion in me would have told me to keep on driving right by them, and I would not have helped them out at all. > > Yes, I am human. Yes, I have emotions. Yes, I react to those emotions, because I am human. I think it's more the delivery of your original message. It comes off as "why should I be nice if I'm not rewarded for it anymore?" This looks like you're only being nice for the reward that comes with it. I think your intention is to express that the honor points you've gotten over the years is a validation to you (and others, with the ribbon) that you've been a positive influence to others in the game. You've gotten a sense of accomplishment from this. Now that those points are going away, it feels like that validation has been taken away from you. And I can understand why that can be upsetting. The point KARTAGIA is making is that you shouldn't need points or ribbons to prove that you are indeed an honorable player. The points/ribbon should be more of a **testament** to your good behavior, rather than the **motive**. Your original post made it sounds like it's your **motive** to behave well, which it sounds like it's not necessarily the case. My advice is: don't see this as Riot taking away your honor points/reward for being a positive player, because a true honorable person shouldn't need points or ribbons to prove that they are such. Look at it as a chance to show the community (and yourself) again how a honorable player should be in this updated honor system. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: That's fair. I do it in-game because I like it, though ofc. not to the point of dying or taking free harass for it. Regardless, it's not mandatory. What's sportsmanlike in League? Lots of stuff! Being a graceful winner and loser, complimenting your opponents on plays well-done, and just... idk, interacting with them in a nice way relative to the game? It's hard for me to define concretely off the top of my head, but it's the same as sportsmanship anywhere else. Play to win, and talk to make them less salty about it. When you do lose, accept it gracefully. Compliment people - friend and foe - on things they did well! Accentuate the positive, esp. to people who might be tilted anyways. Mind, I do a lot of it naturally, since I have a somewhat sunny personality (well, most of the time), so I often underestimate the struggle for people who are more competitive. I realize that it's not just something as easy for everyone. That's not a snarky thing or bragging or anything - people are just naturally different. I'm happy, I have strong game knowledge, but I'm honestly pretty terrible at actually playing League. People with better instincts and faster reaction times completely wipe the floor with me. Each person has their own strengths and weaknesses. A lot of success is learning to play to your strengths, shore up your weaknesses, and avoid things you're not so good at... unless they're fun and you don't mind being not so good at them. :P But yeah, just be nice, go out of your way to say positive things, and rephrase and reframe negative in a constructive light. That doesn't mean negativity is inherently bad - sometimes it's _good_ - but always treat it with great care. Doing so does wonders for your own team morale (which is a _huge_ and badly underestimated resource) and for everyone's general satisfaction with the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Neddoreo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Rv7WBcwG,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-14T16:50:29.649+0000) > > That's fair. I do it in-game because I like it, though ofc. not to the point of dying or taking free harass for it. Regardless, it's not mandatory. > > What's sportsmanlike in League? Lots of stuff! Being a graceful winner and loser, complimenting your opponents on plays well-done, and just... idk, interacting with them in a nice way relative to the game? It's hard for me to define concretely off the top of my head, but it's the same as sportsmanship anywhere else. Play to win, and talk to make them less salty about it. When you do lose, accept it gracefully. Compliment people - friend and foe - on things they did well! Accentuate the positive, esp. to people who might be tilted anyways. > > Mind, I do a lot of it naturally, since I have a somewhat sunny personality (well, most of the time), so I often underestimate the struggle for people who are more competitive. I realize that it's not just something as easy for everyone. That's not a snarky thing or bragging or anything - people are just naturally different. I'm happy, I have strong game knowledge, but I'm honestly pretty terrible at actually playing League. People with better instincts and faster reaction times completely wipe the floor with me. Each person has their own strengths and weaknesses. A lot of success is learning to play to your strengths, shore up your weaknesses, and avoid things you're not so good at... unless they're fun and you don't mind being not so good at them. :P > > But yeah, just be nice, go out of your way to say positive things, and rephrase and reframe negative in a constructive light. That doesn't mean negativity is inherently bad - sometimes it's _good_ - but always treat it with great care. Doing so does wonders for your own team morale (which is a _huge_ and badly underestimated resource) and for everyone's general satisfaction with the game. You look like someone I'd like to add as a friend in League :D
: yeah its true. But tbh u (I) don't need to communicate with ennemies DURING the game. U can joke with them after the game in the win or losing. What's sportsmanlike in lol ??
> [{quoted}](name=Ryuumoku no koke,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Rv7WBcwG,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2017-06-14T16:22:29.163+0000) > > yeah its true. But tbh u (I) don't need to communicate with ennemies DURING the game. U can joke with them after the game in the win or losing. > > What's sportsmanlike in lol ?? Similar to any sport, after a game, you can tell a player on the opposing team that they did well and you respect their sportsmanship in the game. This can be because they didn't brag or gloat when they defeat you, or when they take a loss gracefully, or when they are generally fun to play against. You can honor them simply because you respect the person.
: Stop with the "don't blame your team" mentality. It's objectively wrong. This is a team game; you see people saying that a lot. If you lose, it's rarely just your fault. If you win, it's rarely just because of you. You win or lose based on the team. Sometimes, you get crappy teammates, and you just have to accept that you got unlucky. Got that autofilled ADC with 13 deaths? Of course it isn't your fault, you got unlucky. The outside factors of soloQ affect you more than you affect others. Yes, you are the only constant in between games, but you have little effect on the other variables.
> [{quoted}](name=VulDread,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WJwihBOl,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2017-06-13T20:27:01.801+0000) > > Stop with the "don't blame your team" mentality. > > It's objectively wrong. > > This is a team game; you see people saying that a lot. If you lose, it's rarely just your fault. If you win, it's rarely just because of you. > > You win or lose based on the team. Sometimes, you get crappy teammates, and you just have to accept that you got unlucky. > > Got that autofilled ADC with 13 deaths? > > Of course it isn't your fault, you got unlucky. > > The outside factors of soloQ affect you more than you affect others. > > Yes, you are the only constant in between games, but you have little effect on the other variables. I think the "don't blame your team" is just meant to remind what you said that "you're the only constant". I don't think it's meant to tell people to always carry the weight of a loss by themselves. It's more just a reminder to say that you have to maximize your own strength and contribution before shifting blame to others.
: Passive aggressive pinging
I spam ping (like 3 pings in a row) my own failed flash whenever it happens lol {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
: my rebuttle: anyone asking questions inside a game, is generally going to get one of the following answers: 1: no answer 2: a lie asking these questions during a ranked game, well anyone who answers it, is taking their attention off the game to give the enemy player information that could come back to bite them. in a normals, sure whatever. but in ranked, if you ask me why something happened in all chat, im going to ignore you. i could lie, give me a bigger edge, but thats unsportsmanlike conduct. ignoring you and abusing your lack of knowledge in reguards that w/e the question is, by putting you in the situation again is far my advantageous for my team as a whole. so in ranked, when i dont understand something, after game ill be like hey and ask. and because my goal is to improve i wont just take what they say at face value, ill google it. i try to find videos discussing it on youtube from reputable, superior players. -if i dont understand something that occur'ed, how an ability interacted with another for example, ill try to avoid that situation. if it happens multiple times and i cant figgure it out ill ask my team. who are far more inclined to give an accurate answer as it suits their interest as well. - i dont think your example, is an example of a positive interaction with all chat during ranked. it could be, if the enemy is smurfing, if the enemy is really trying to improve so he wants his enemies to not give him free kills. i think most people play ranked, because they want the title of "X elo", so they can claim they are good. i play ranked for a combination. i like being able to say my highest rank was ever plat. (Even tho it was plat 5, and didnt last), but i also want to improve. but im not gonna throw away free LP because their leona doesnt understand im going to flay her everytime she Es my carry, unless she drops a perfect stun-ult on my face. im not gonna tell leona, hey. ult me, then jump onto cog. or wait for a mistake and stun both of us. or wait until flay is on cooldown.
> [{quoted}](name=Plague Infested,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IGNbthfE,comment-id=0001000000000000000000010000000000010000,timestamp=2017-06-09T18:13:39.609+0000) > > my rebuttle: anyone asking questions inside a game, is generally going to get one of the following answers: > > 1: no answer > 2: a lie > > asking these questions during a ranked game, well anyone who answers it, is taking their attention off the game to give the enemy player information that could come back to bite them. in a normals, sure whatever. > > but in ranked, if you ask me why something happened in all chat, im going to ignore you. > i could lie, give me a bigger edge, but thats unsportsmanlike conduct. ignoring you and abusing your lack of knowledge in reguards that w/e the question is, by putting you in the situation again is far my advantageous for my team as a whole. > > so in ranked, when i dont understand something, after game ill be like hey and ask. > and because my goal is to improve i wont just take what they say at face value, ill google it. i try to find videos discussing it on youtube from reputable, superior players. > > -if i dont understand something that occur'ed, how an ability interacted with another for example, ill try to avoid that situation. if it happens multiple times and i cant figgure it out ill ask my team. who are far more inclined to give an accurate answer as it suits their interest as well. > > - > i dont think your example, is an example of a positive interaction with all chat during ranked. it could be, if the enemy is smurfing, if the enemy is really trying to improve so he wants his enemies to not give him free kills. > > i think most people play ranked, because they want the title of "X elo", so they can claim they are good. i play ranked for a combination. i like being able to say my highest rank was ever plat. (Even tho it was plat 5, and didnt last), but i also want to improve. but im not gonna throw away free LP because their leona doesnt understand im going to flay her everytime she Es my carry, unless she drops a perfect stun-ult on my face. > > im not gonna tell leona, hey. ult me, then jump onto cog. or wait for a mistake and stun both of us. or wait until flay is on cooldown. Again, like many other responses here have already stated, your assessment for what your reactions to a benign all-chat behavior is purely what YOU would do in that situation, based on YOUR personal experience. Many other players have different experience, in which they may in the future (or may already have) benefit from the all-chat function. To say that it serves absolutely no positive purpose at all for ALL players is most likely false because other players may use it to their benefit (and possibly for others' benefits as well), regardless what your own perceptions are with the function. TLDR: Just because YOU think all-chat isn't beneficial at all, doesn't mean other people haven't benefited from the function.
: See I totally disagree with you guys there. regardless of it being.."ranked" or "normal", you are still investing your time to play the game. So..if you already know you're going to win..why not at least let the enemy build up a LITTLE or just leave them alone for a few minutes, instead of taking the advantage you already have and one-shotting them mercilessly. You know their team is flaming them at that point. And I guess this is meant for those players who normally play at a higher rank..but have other accounts and end up matched against us bronzies. Were bronze rank for a reason, we dont want to fight against platinum or gold players.
> [{quoted}](name=Lizzyonethree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=X0TvrA2V,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-06-07T22:00:24.018+0000) > > See I totally disagree with you guys there. regardless of it being.."ranked" or "normal", you are still investing your time to play the game. So..if you already know you're going to win..why not at least let the enemy build up a LITTLE or just leave them alone for a few minutes, instead of taking the advantage you already have and one-shotting them mercilessly. You know their team is flaming them at that point. > And I guess this is meant for those players who normally play at a higher rank..but have other accounts and end up matched against us bronzies. Were bronze rank for a reason, we dont want to fight against platinum or gold players. This is actually kind of tricky. I think "stomping" is fine, but humiliating/berating the other player isn't. If I get stomped hard, I do get really frustrated, but most of the time I have only myself to blame. But if the person stomping me starts saying "are you bots?" or "ez" I get really annoying and I consider that rude and lacking decency. On the other hand, I've played game where the enemy was afk the first 5 minutes, so I left lane and sat there to let them farm to catch up, just so it's not a one-sided stomp. But then I end up losing the game because I gave that courtesy for them to even up when I could have easily won had I exploited the advantage. All in all, I think as long as you're respectful and courteous in game, whether you're stomping or being stomped, usually neither side would mind.
: PSA: How to deal with the stress of toxic players.
Literally I had a game yesterday where I was support Kench with our top GP and jungle Kha arguing early in the game. I asked them to stop fighting and assured that they're doing fine and just need to focus more on surviving. Since I was Kench, I tanked for the most part when everyone else dealt damage to the enemy team. We ended up winning the game with everyone in the team contributed to multiple kills. Kha acknowledged that "support carried" after the game. http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2514574997/212704601?tab=overview Power of positivity and teamwork, man! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: > Ever been the victim of a hate crime? I haven't, but I've met people who have. Yep, I have been buddy. That's part of being a minority sometimes. >but minority players shouldn't need to even address those fears when they're looking to relax and play a video game. I agree but there is no immediate bodily threat in what he said. When you use words like "terrifying" you make it out to seem like some people are so fragile that they break down from reading words on a computer screen. In effect, you are legitimizing what the toxic player said by exaggerating the impact his words have. Don't give him a spotlight and a soapbox. And for those who do have really thin skin, we have a mute button in game. Let's be reasonable here.
> [{quoted}](name=NinjaGuy69,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hMZxj3HW,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-02T18:24:23.188+0000) > > Yep, I have been buddy. That's part of being a minority sometimes. > > I agree but there is no immediate bodily threat in what he said. When you use words like "terrifying" you make it out to seem like some people are so fragile that they break down from reading words on a computer screen. In effect, you are legitimizing what the toxic player said by exaggerating the impact his words have. Don't give him a spotlight and a soapbox. And for those who do have really thin skin, we have a mute button in game. Let's be reasonable here. I tend to disagree with the mentality of "there's a mute button, use it". This is the same line of logic as "if you don't want to be sexually harassed, don't wear short skirts", which is shifting the responsibility to the victim. In this case, it's obviously not as extreme, but the effect may still be severe. We don't know what each individual player has gone through in their lives. Just because we don't get offended by a specific slur, others may not feel the same. The focus should be eliminating the use of offensive words, regardless of how thick someone's skin is, simply because the word is, by nature, offensive.
: Dear community: Thank you
Feel free to add me and play :)
Mhina (NA)
: I'm actually extremely happy to hear that you're experiencing the opposite! Should I decide that I'm just blowing smoke out of irritation from a bad couple of days, I'll definitely reach out. Thanks :)
Like The Djinn, I do realize there are a lot of toxic players out there regardless of how good your manners are. I tend to just brush them off most of the time with the knowledge that they can't really do much harm to me unless I allow them to. I'm usually very positive and friendly in game. And it's a great feeling when on occasion, that you're so pleasant that other people comment in chat about how friendly/nice you are. Feel free to add me if you decide to start playing again.
: Its funny, a few games ago my Cait was flaming saying "Where the fuck is my support, I have been 1v2ing this whole time". This was when she was behind, useless, and already had her tower gone. Thresh was roaming top and helped get 3 kills. I then replied to Cait, "Thresh left you because youre useless at the moment, thus in order for you to be useful you need to get solo exp from creeps rather than sharing exp with thresh". She then flamed me super hard because I said she was "useless". Then I asked her why shes so toxic, and she said I was the one who started it. Cant even inform players without them getting butthurt.
In this case, I just think it's a problem of your delivery. No one likes to be called "uesless", regardless of whether or not it is true. I would rephrase that as, "Thresh left to allow you to farm the lane and get experience, so you'll be able to do more damage/help more in fights once you have more items." I feel like a lot of the "complaints" or even "advice" are delivered in a way that just simply doesn't sound good to the receiver. Yes, sometimes people can be overly sensitive, but the message delivery is also very important to avoid misinterpretation.
: > [{quoted}](name=Goddess Din,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QfzrV4bF,comment-id=0046,timestamp=2014-12-22T00:29:04.697+0000) > > What if someone's saying good game to {{champion:81}} ? ;_; > > > ... jk Ok so I'm old I don't know all the lingo and honestly I think I said gg ez when I was playing against ezreal because he was so dominate. Now I find out this is a curse word??? What the heck does it mean hahaha
some people say "gg ez" to mean "good game, (that was) easy", as in their opponent was easy to beat. haha
: CSing on AP champions? halp pls
I've used Annie mid quite a lot. She's one of the easiest champ to CS in my opinion because of her Q, since it fully refunds your mana and halves your CD when you last hit. Yes you can use Q to harass, but for me personally, unless the opponent is really not that good, I tend to focus on farming and not getting poked down until level 6, and then I start to burst them down in combos. That said, you should definitely still harass your opponent when you can with your AA (I think {{champion:1}} is only second to {{champion:51}} in default AA range at level 1), and/or when you've charged up your stun and the opponent gets close enough for you to Q > AA or Q > W > AA. If you practice Annie's CS with her Q (and it really isn't that hard, especially after you've gotten any AP items beyond {{item:1056}} ), you can get pretty good CS, and you can still have way more mana than your opponent after extended period of farming. Good luck! Feel free to ask me anything. I'm by no means the best, but I may have a few pointers you might not know yet :)
: For best results, don't pay attention to your LP or your series. Just go into each and every game focused on doing your best in that game. You don't want to get stressed out in your series and you don't want to be overly upset about losing important games. If you recognize that it's harder to win when you are up against harder opponents, that's good! It's way better than the Elo Hell attitude that says you'll start winning more once you stop getting bad teammates. You recognize that your skill level contributes to your team's chance of success (or hurts it, if you are outmatched); when you know that, you feel more rewarded as you improve. Is there anything in particular that you're looking for help with? Who are your mains and what do you consider your strengths and weaknesses?
I'm scared to play ranked (right now) because I main mid Annie at the moment (somewhat squishy, high burst champs), and I also play supp, and I'm pretty decent in these two roles, but if I end up being forced to go the other lanes, I most likely wouldn't do as well. I'm practicing my other roles to at least be on par with my mid lane comfort level before I try again. I've been told that my KDA ratios aren't up to par for good ranked games and so I gotta improve on not dying too.
: You can teach people in non ranked games. The main 2 smurfs I see consistently are those who make artificial walls to deny people promotion abilities thus keeping their spots in higher ranks from ever being contested (which I find it disturbing that this is allowed to go on as it would be akin to major league players in any sport going to play against minor league/college/highschool players to ensure that new talent is never seen unless they allow it), and those who create accounts just to jerk with people because they enjoy ruining games for others. There is no real reason to allow smurfing in a ranked setting as it the 1 incentive to be helpful is far outweighed by the tons and tons of anonymous people who enjoy just being jerks to others. These people can get the same experience of having fun showing skill to lower skilled people on non ranked play. Otherwise you promote cliques of "elite" who get to control who gets to get promoted or have a fun game. Imagine your playing highschool basketball and you have been doing well with your team up through the series and then you get to the last game of the series to see who wins and suddenly your highschool team now has to play against Michael Jordan and the Bulls. --- Even if you were able to learn something from them, you just got screwed out of a win you may have deserved. Which in the way lp works at the moment means you now have 3 more games to try to get back to that point... and then 3 games to win it again. All the while hoping you do not end up fighting another set of afks, trolls, or smurfs to deal with.
Oh I meant pre-30 non ranked games. I personally have a smurf account, and the only reason I got it is to play with my friend who is new to the NA server. But you're right, those who purposefully smurf just to give themselves an ego boost or any other malicious agenda are just meh :/
: i like the idea of your system, however i believe it will still cause problems, lets say i have an hour and a half before i have to leave for work, plenty of time to enjoy a game, but then 10 minutes in the game restarts because of an afk on either team, 3 minutes go past before we start the next game (i now have an hour and 17 minutes before work) again someone decides to leave/afk and we restart, takes a few minutes before the game starts again and now my time limit before work is lessened once again, long story short i either end up not playing at all before work(bad way to start the day) or i get a game and it lasts 50 or so minutes and i have to leave for work so now im labelled the leaver and punished even though i made sure i had plenty of time before i started my game also i think it wont change how many leaver/afks there are but instead how often your match will restart, if people know their teammates will just start a next game shortly after they leave they may even be more inclined to leave i hope that a fix could be found so if im mistaken in any way or if u can find a fix to this problem id like to hear it side note : i still think there should be a good guy queue where u can take over an afkers champ/role/lane and help that team out, good guy points from not afking many many games in a row and from joining the good guy queue could be accumulated to eventually trade in for small rewards. it would help the community help eachother and be less toxic , relief that a good guy showed up can help u be more positive right away and the good feeling the good guys get will make them more positive people, and positivity can spread like negativity just not quite as well, so i think focusing on making people more positive is one solution in the right direction (sry i didnt fully read your idea last night)
I love your "good guy queue" idea! I'm not sure how that could be implemented, but we certainly need more positivity in League
Eljin (NA)
: Tang Bohu, I don't remember the new champions name, but in my mind I relate it to the Sand King from DOTA, hence 'Sand Queen'. A lot of people keep saying do bots, or do alternate game modes, before going into normals but that's the last thing you want to throw newer players like myself into. Right now all of those modes are completely infested by re-rolls (I've heard 'This is my ARAM account.', which I guess is gaming the champion pool you have for maximum efficiency in randomized characters in the matches) and computer bots (which I am told are leveling accounts to sell). The queue times can also be really horrendous. It's basically trying to go from one bad situation to a completely different but equally bad situation. I'm really looking forward to doing these game modes as they do look fun, but I'm going to wait until around level 15 so I hopefully can have 5 human players vs 5 other human players, and everyone is actually connected to the game. It seems like a great mode to learn new champions, work on awareness since they are more objective based, and get more experience team fighting. On bots however, Riot's bots are really easy and teach newer players really bad mechanics and overall awareness. I was so wrong going into live games trying to use what I 'learned' from bots that I wish I wouldn't even have touched them. Sure, a level or two just to understand how to control characters, the map, and the basics of items and etc... that makes total sense. But going to around level 8 or 10 in bots and then going into live matches with people who have played 30-40 live games? That would be so behind the curve it would just be delaying the stomp, not helping avoid it. The longer they 'learn' in AI modes, the worse off they will be against people when they do live games. Going to Youtube videos, website guides, and asking on these forums has been 99.9% of my growth. The bots gave me nothing that I want to keep (other than the IP, heh.) Go try DOTA's bots, the learning curve on those evil things is immense. It helped me out a ton in my experience in DOTA, and I felt like I went into games with some actual knowledge. LoL bots are like ducklings in a row for you. Gold stars entering the classroom. Metaphor, metaphor, snooze. The idea of the rune combiner actually giving you a higher tier rune of the same rune type is actually a good idea. If you use 2 AD and 1 AP T2 runes, then getting a T3 AD rune in trade would be very cool. The randomness of the combiner can just leave you with this useless hodge-podge right now that I'm not sure I like, but that could just be personal preference. I could be wrong, but this is in my opinion of someone who just went through this fresh.
Trying to queue up to play with live players will be quite painful until at least you're level 20+ simply because some players may have much more complete rune/masteries pages and believe it or not, those actually make a lot of difference (I'm speaking now as a smurf-owner). I learned from playing with my brother and reading up on guides online, as well as keep playing normal games and not caring if I win or lose AND not getting into petty arguments with people who flame. Over time, I slowly transitioned to different roles/champs. If you'd like some advice or tips, I'm more than willing to help out with questions you have while slowly grinding my smurf account (I started the smurf account so I can level up and play with my friend who's new to the NA server) :) So, feel free to add me! The summoner name is: **Simbapuff**
: just sayin this is probably the most true thread I have ever seen. This being my first thread I've actively followed, threads like this have led me to look into the boards way more. This is my first post ever on forums or boards, and im excited to see how it turns out. BUT ANYWAY, I completely agree with the rune combiner being fixed. And everything having to do with getting rid of tier 1 and 2 runes. The whole concept of them is literally just to get new players to waste ip on them forcing them to play more to get ip for better runes because everyone says they are so amazing. I know because this happened to me. Also, I think that the whole 400 rp we start with is garbage. It gives you false hope because literally all you can get with it is a 3150 champ on sale or a crappy 260 skin. I think we should either start with one free champion or 975 rp. It's the only sensible option. Giving someone that little rp to start with doesn't promote buying rp, it promotes being pissed at not having that much rp. Maybe one free champ would solve this problem. Of course, exclude difficult champs considering they are new, such as Yorick, Azir, etc. Also, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think the whole tutorial system should be throughly reworked. I know from personal experience, if I didn't have friends who played the game i would definitely have quit because the tutorial taught me nothing. I think up until level 5 you should be going through tutorials with other players that teach in group sessions. **WHICH LEADS ME TO ANOTHER IDEA. **When people get banned, it just promotes people to test those barriers or it doesn't solve anything. Maybe you should have like a community service thing. Where they can only enter like a "Mentor" queue until their ban has been lifted, where they have to like guide a newer player through their early levels. I'm envisioning from levels 5-10 players who request help (ANOTHER OPTION TO IMPLEMENT), will have a mentor (banned player seeking to lower the time of their ban) who coaches them throughout their game, telling them what to build, what to work on, and what to do, kind of like a personal message system. After the game, the new player has to like vouch for the mentor saying they did their job, so they can't mentor a game, but give crappy advice or no advice, and get a reduced ban. Mentoring games lowers your ban by x amount of hours for each game, but it is optional. It would reduce the amount of worse behavior, as watching over people will get rid of bad blood and it makes the time that they are banned not worthless time or time that they just can't play. It gets people more involved with the game. **BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY IT HELPS THE NEWER PLAYERS GET ADVICE FOR GAMES IN THE FUTURE AND HAVE ADVICE TO GO OFF OF TO HELP THEM LEARN. **I think the mentor system would be a viable option as long as it wouldn't be exploited. I would appreciate upvotes not just to get upvotes, but more to help more people see this and give advice to my idea so I can edit it before I pitch the official idea to Riot. I appreciate it if you read this far! Have a wonderful day fellow summoners!
I like your mentor system idea! Although I would say it'd be hard to implement and I'm not sure if Riot would be up for developing a system like that, at least in the short term. BUT I love the idea! I wouldn't mind joining the Mentor queue just to help out some new players. I'm sure there are actually many others who would as well!
Show more

Simbafluff

Level 60 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion