: I honestly get physically mad whenever I see a mage "support." I absolutely hated playing bot lane when supports like Vel, Brand, and Lux were super popular. Too oppressive, deal too much damage, and they carry the lane 75% of the time.
> [{quoted}](name=Heckin Support,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AdZ3E44f,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2018-09-23T20:04:32.578+0000) > > I honestly get physically mad whenever I see a mage "support." I absolutely hated playing bot lane when supports like Vel, Brand, and Lux were super popular. Too oppressive, deal too much damage, and they carry the lane 75% of the time. try getting an early vamp scepter and take Bloodline
: Ekko has no reason to go Liandry's, though. Besides, do you *really* think 10 extra damage (before mitigation) is going to outweigh .5% more max health damage? It'll give better damage against any target with 1k or more health (assuming you hit them with two damaging abilities), which nearly every single champion in the game has by the time most champions would even think of buying Liandry's.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AdZ3E44f,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-23T18:27:01.383+0000) > > Ekko has no reason to go Liandry's, though. > > Besides, do you *really* think 10 extra damage (before mitigation) is going to outweigh .5% more max health damage? It'll give better damage against any target with 1k or more health (assuming you hit them with two damaging abilities), which nearly every single champion in the game has by the time most champions would even think of buying Liandry's. His Q has a slow and it can hit multiple people so it's not the worst. The extra shielding and healing from the AP may be worth more than .05% max HP which btw is only 5 damage. Considering he's going to sometimes get multiple rotations and has an AP ratio on W when they're low, I don't think even the damage is always higher. After all, you can't stack Liandry's. It's the same burn no matter how many spells you use and some champions like CDR so they'd use spells multiple times on low CDs before the burn effect ends.
: 5 AP is 2-4 damage per ability, so let's call it 12 damage in an all-in. 2-4 damage isn't enough to make it a nerf with the extra .5% max health burn.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AdZ3E44f,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-23T17:14:45.306+0000) > > 5 AP is 2-4 damage per ability, so let's call it 12 damage in an all-in. > > 2-4 damage isn't enough to make it a nerf with the extra .5% max health burn. What about Ekko for instance? He has over 100% scaling on W and R (yes, some for defense). I know he doesn't go Liandry's in most situations but would it really be a better item there? Especially combined with Rabadon's every bit of AP counts.
Rioter Comments
: ` is the key you're looking for I think.
> [{quoted}](name=CorruptedScythe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wEAotcy5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-26T03:24:50.518+0000) > > ` is the key you're looking for I think. no, that's just the target champions only key what I'm looking for isn't in the game without using two keys using it as a toggle also isn't good because you can't Smite, can't use a blastcone, etc. and if you try to switch back to the regular mode and just once double tab it or mess up, you're dead. it's worse than not using it at all in many scenarios. I've actually tried this and as I was going to go over the blast cone top lane with a teammate for a gank, I was in the wrong mouse mode. my teammate dashed over the wall and I was 1.5 seconds late to the fight due to the misconfiguration. he died and we lost a free kill. nothing exists for what I'm asking for here and the alternative solutions are either awkward (pressing both keys as I often do) or error prone
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 24
Have you guys considered giving Mundo jg some sort of help? The nerfs to top lane Mundo hurt him even more in the jungle. His clear speed is noticeably worse with the E nerf and also FAR less healthy due to the Q HP refund nerf. There's a Mundo only player called "Mundo" who dropped to low Plat from Diamond after these changes. He played him jungle thousands of games over the seasons and now seems to have sort of given up on playing after just losing so much following the changes. He needs some help that won't really affect top lane. Perhaps the Q refund can be a bit higher vs monsters or something of that nature. Or if you guys want him to get this chunked in the jungle after just a few camps, maybe he can at least get bonus damage vs monsters somewhere.
Exin0 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R3iilr06,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-21T21:59:24.809+0000) > > He's not an assassin. He's a diver. maybe he was diver long ago now he is just generic assassin
> [{quoted}](name=Exin0,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R3iilr06,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-22T17:06:28.226+0000) > > maybe he was diver long ago now he is just generic assassin He can be played somewhat tanky too still no? I've never played Rengar but have seen some go SV BC Titanic.
: I Quit Maining Tanks after 4 Years
A lot of this is untrue. I'd take a tank over Lee Sin in almost any game if it's played well. The main issue is the early game and some of the champions you listed, such as Ekko and Kayn are not strong there either. In fact, if Ekko wasn't played almost exclusively by mains with a 1% play rate, I bet he'd be performing pretty poorly. He's not bad but there are a lot of subtleties to him. They can't duel a lot of junglers and tanks often outscale them into late too (team comp and skill based). Some tanks are struggling yes, but not all. Rammus for example is in a great spot.
: I kinda agree with this, I've seen diamond Rengars Smurf in bronze and silver and building {{item:3748}} {{item:3095}} {{item:1412}} {{item:3147}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3158}} He was literally Ullting then coming out to just flat out one shot any thing near him heck even if he was hiding in a bush he was able to one shot any one that came near him it was broken cause there wasn't any thing you could really do to counter it
> [{quoted}](name=Mamma Prishe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R3iilr06,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-21T21:48:22.327+0000) > > I kinda agree with this, > I've seen diamond Rengars Smurf in bronze and silver and building > > {{item:3748}} {{item:3095}} {{item:1412}} {{item:3147}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3158}} > > He was literally Ullting then coming out to just flat out one shot any thing near him > heck even if he was hiding in a bush he was able to one shot any one that came near him it was broken cause there wasn't any thing you could really do to counter it you could not feed him initially...
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Leto GT (EUW)
: 3:20 for amumu with two smites used + two stacks of refillable potion and finishing at +/- 5% hp and mana. So 1min50 and I think less healthy than before. 3:40 for maokai with one smite used + two stack of refillabe potions and finishing at +/- 15% hp and 10% mana. (Should be lower with decent practice). So 2m10. Again it's with no leash, no scuttle and no golems and red start. Better kitting would've made those clears easier. Might be good if ppl would try them so we can compare.
> [{quoted}](name=wG Got2Cool,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mydotFcJ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-04T17:46:08.049+0000) > > 3:20 for amumu with two smites used + two stacks of refillable potion and finishing at +/- 5% hp and mana. So 1min50 and I think less healthy than before. > > 3:40 for maokai with one smite used + two stack of refillabe potions and finishing at +/- 15% hp and 10% mana. (Should be lower with decent practice). So 2m10. > > Again it's with no leash, no scuttle and no golems and red start. > > Better kitting would've made those clears easier. Might be good if ppl would try them so we can compare. I'm surprised Mao isn't faster than Nautilus. I figured the bonus bush damage (with a higher cap) would do more.
Leto GT (EUW)
: I tried naut jungle on PBE.
How's his clear time compared to Mao or Amumu?
: The main reason Riot is forcing 5 Positional Ranks for 2019.
the main reason is to improve match making quality by factoring in people's roles the issue is the social aspect... maybe it should be hidden somehow idk it's going to turn into "haha, you're diamond X role but only gold in y. terrible!" it's silly but you know it's coming
: The power of LC$. Because they're good in competitive they are kept trash in casual play. You probably are not going to get an answer out of them on either one of them, Sejuani or Zac.
> [{quoted}](name=FurorDivinus27,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P4eh9Or5,comment-id=00b70000,timestamp=2018-08-04T03:11:13.961+0000) > > The power of LC$. Because they're good in competitive they are kept trash in casual play. You probably are not going to get an answer out of them on either one of them, Sejuani or Zac. It's not because they're good in LCS exactly. It's because champion balance has to be done for when someone plays that champion really well or what's the point? You balance for what that champion can be close to its maximum potential or the game would be super unfair and get worse and worse as you play better players.
SirPurrr (NA)
: Cheap Shot Fails To Work With Karthus
Even with Aery (which damages right after Q), Cheap Shot still fails to proc.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: July 27
If you guys can make Maokai jg work, I'm excited! I always felt he should be a good jg and in fact he WOULD be if his clear speed were good. Although I do worry about champions like him and Naut if they have good clear speed since they also have insane ganks and contribute a lot to the team comp. It's very easy for them to be too strong if they don't suffer in the clear. Rammus actually clears acceptably and I'm not sure why I struggle to win games with him. It seems like he just gets bullied hard by stuff like Graves early game. Your only way of doing anything basically revolves around flash taunt.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=SirPurrr,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=1qK6wEB8,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-25T08:56:06.704+0000) > > Not at all irrelevant. How is it a "Kill" if it isn't the result of a player? It's termed an "execute" for a reason and is very obviously different from a kill in how it affects the game/gold. It's misleading and just plain stupid to have it count for KDA. It clearly doesn't fit the usual criteria for the category. It's like saying that a cow and giraffe are the same just because they both have four legs. No, you're trying to twist it into a false narrative to fit your story kiddo, doesn't work like that. It's not a kill, it's a death. Your Death counter went up a number because you died, no one on the enemy team received the kill credit for your execute, but you still died. Regardless of the situation, you died and your death number went up one, as to reflect you died. Also your comparison is very far off, you're trying too hard. Calm down and accept the loss like i did about the not losing buff comment. This is you on the matter: "Why is it that i died and my death counter went up, when it wasn't another player who killed me"
> [{quoted}](name=ZiLess,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=1qK6wEB8,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-25T11:10:04.011+0000) > > No, you're trying to twist it into a false narrative to fit your story kiddo, doesn't work like that. > > It's not a kill, it's a death. Your Death counter went up a number because you died, no one on the enemy team received the kill credit for your execute, but you still died. Regardless of the situation, you died and your death number went up one, as to reflect you died. > > Also your comparison is very far off, you're trying too hard. Calm down and accept the loss like i did about the not losing buff comment. > > > This is you on the matter: "Why is it that i died and my death counter went up, when it wasn't another player who killed me" So you think the 1-3% of deaths that occur by executes (possibly even fewer) are exactly the same as deaths from players and thus deserve to be in the same category? You don't see the vast difference between those two things? I also think there is still something wrong, as the top comment stated.
: > [{quoted}](name=SirPurrr,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=1qK6wEB8,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-06-25T04:48:08.256+0000) > > If you die to an execute, it gives no gold to the enemy team and is irrelevant. A death suggests a mistake and an execute is often not that. In fact, it's often a GOOD play to distract the enemy team with Singed or some other champion and then execute while your team pressures. Or, you died. the game recognizes you died and is reflected on your K/D/A. Your reasoning for why you died is irrelevant, you died.
> [{quoted}](name=ZiLess,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=1qK6wEB8,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-06-25T07:06:57.780+0000) > > Or, you died. the game recognizes you died and is reflected on your K/D/A. Your reasoning for why you died is irrelevant, you died. Not at all irrelevant. How is it a "Kill" if it isn't the result of a player? It's termed an "execute" for a reason and is very obviously different from a kill in how it affects the game/gold. It's misleading and just plain stupid to have it count for KDA. It clearly doesn't fit the usual criteria for the category. It's like saying that a cow and giraffe are the same just because they both have four legs.
: No it didn't. You never kept your buff when being executed, and if you did... that was many seasons ago. How's it misleading? you died and your kda shows you died once.
> [{quoted}](name=ZiLess,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=1qK6wEB8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-23T08:54:40.053+0000) > > No it didn't. > > You never kept your buff when being executed, and if you did... that was many seasons ago. > > > How's it misleading? you died and your kda shows you died once. If you die to an execute, it gives no gold to the enemy team and is irrelevant. A death suggests a mistake and an execute is often not that. In fact, it's often a GOOD play to distract the enemy team with Singed or some other champion and then execute while your team pressures.
Rioter Comments
: Why doesn't rift scuttler show the vision radius
that's part of the skill with vision, same as with wards having blind spots in some areas if not placed well, same as turret ranges etc.
Rioter Comments
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
I like the idea of this but I hope Riot remember that perception and reality are often at odds. Judging by my experience, a lot of champions would be totally gutted if the community got to decide. This would go way beyond objective balance and fairness. It would make those champions unplayable. I'm talking about stuff like Zoe. Anyway, for a start, I'd add 3000 HP to baron now that it does much less damage and 1500 HP to turrets. This would indirectly make ADCs more useful even without changes but the main problem is that strategic play feels lacking now and the leads just snowball out of control. Objectives that should feel difficult and rewarding are not. Turrets feel like paper and the lead tends to be much more about gold than getting a key turret or territory.
SirPurrr (NA)
: Variance Is SO HIGH That League Feels Less Like a Skill Game Now
I don't care about a solidified meta. I just want a lower variance game. I don't want to be dealt a free win or a free loss.
: Early external data on Taliyah seems to be that the nerf in 8.12 was pretty impactful, and she's now in a pretty reasonable (though still strong) spot. Will probably wait and see how she shakes out in pro once the nerfs hit there, assuming she is no longer out of line in solo Q as the data seems to indicate thus far.
> [{quoted}](name=RiotMadnessHeroo,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=YojVbzPu,comment-id=002b0001,timestamp=2018-06-14T17:43:39.783+0000) > > Early external data on Taliyah seems to be that the nerf in 8.12 was pretty impactful, and she's now in a pretty reasonable (though still strong) spot. Will probably wait and see how she shakes out in pro once the nerfs hit there, assuming she is no longer out of line in solo Q as the data seems to indicate thus far. People know she's busted now and she's often banned so you're having a lot more inexperienced Taliyah's dragging the win rate down. I doubt it's the nerf.
Rioter Comments
: Im diamond in EUW, Ziggs is not good in ANY elo.
> [{quoted}](name=BïtterBlossom,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=bz0HUP5U,comment-id=005e00000000,timestamp=2018-06-14T17:19:12.704+0000) > > Im diamond in EUW, Ziggs is not good in ANY elo. he seems mediocre at every ELO below Diamond and actually bad at Diamond+ what do you think he needs?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 14
JG better not get a beating again. I also shouldn't be penalized for taking lane minions. That's so artificial and over the top while restricting even normal strategies mid-late game like split pushing. The fact that you guys even can consider these ideas scares me because it tells me that you're dangerously close to disaster. The only problematic funneling strategy right now is really Yi-Taric. I might not even bother playing any more this season if jg gets changed yet again. I'd be OK with a full revert though. I don't like the randomized scuttler meta anyway.
: Censorship of the word Testicles
Censorship is awful and it extends way beyond that in this game.
Rioter Comments
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Dopa on mid lane: "Mid lane is so limited"
this is even more true for jg pick shit like Ekko and you'll get absolutely obliterated by a competent graves, xin, kha early and in graves' case, even outscaled massively even outside of those, stuff like udyr, shyvana and yi will just powerfarm so much faster than non-meta picks that they can't compete + will be lower HP while clearing
: It is **okay** if there is proper counterplay and people simply are not adapting quickly. If there is not enough counterplay then it either signals a meta shift (aka everyone starts doing it) or it is unhealthy. Considering the amount of champions that would be pushed out by it becoming meta I think it's safe to say if it doesn't have real counterplay it is unhealthy. Now we just need to figure out whether or not there is an effective way to play against this strategy.
> [{quoted}](name=redniwediS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aM3QemWB,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-10T23:23:50.516+0000) > > It is **okay** if there is proper counterplay and people simply are not adapting quickly. If there is not enough counterplay then it either signals a meta shift (aka everyone starts doing it) or it is unhealthy. > > Considering the amount of champions that would be pushed out by it becoming meta I think it's safe to say if it doesn't have real counterplay it is unhealthy. Now we just need to figure out whether or not there is an effective way to play against this strategy. you're wrong, even Dopa loses to this in top 10 challenger CN server and it has a nearly 60% win rate in plat + too there is absolutely not sufficient counterplay... they hard push the wave on cd and scale automatically... you can only coinflip a hard winning bot top and end before 30... only chance
Meddler (NA)
: Not certain yet, we're still talking about whether now's the time to prioritize some larger ability work, or whether we should do some power compensation now with ability adjustments later in the year. Will let you know once we've got a certain answer on that. Larger work whenever it happens will likely be around the same amount of change as the Rengar and LeBlanc changes earlier in the year.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=2tsZxqEF,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-08T15:39:04.758+0000) > > Not certain yet, we're still talking about whether now's the time to prioritize some larger ability work, or whether we should do some power compensation now with ability adjustments later in the year. Will let you know once we've got a certain answer on that. Larger work whenever it happens will likely be around the same amount of change as the Rengar and LeBlanc changes earlier in the year. Where's that AS compensation for Ekko? He's really bad JG still if you don't RNG a better team. That's I think literally the only reason his win rate isn't awful (besides how many mains play him). He gets destroyed even by an Eve 1v1 early. Since most Ekko's main mid primary, when they get autofilled or secondary jg, their teams are just better with more people on their roles. His mid game is decent but it doesn't matter because of how exploitable he is and his late game is absolute dog shit for how weak his early is. I like him being a scaling champion but he needs to scale past mid game too.
Ratpie (NA)
: No. We actually need Riot to stop doing across the board changes. While some champs are OP, some are struggling heavily. There just needs to be tweaks to certain small groups or individual champs. These nerf all mana users, or nerf all damage don't apply equally to all champs. It is more about reducing certain champs ability to snowball really early. That needs a scalpel, not a machete.
> [{quoted}](name=Ratpie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EifXYnwy,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-10T13:39:26.964+0000) > > No. We actually need Riot to stop doing across the board changes. While some champs are OP, some are struggling heavily. There just needs to be tweaks to certain small groups or individual champs. These nerf all mana users, or nerf all damage don't apply equally to all champs. It is more about reducing certain champs ability to snowball really early. That needs a scalpel, not a machete. JG is still incredibly terrible right now. You play some of the S/A tier or you can't exist in the game. The scuttler changes only make this worse and the randomness factor reduces the ability to plan/skill.
P00PD1CK (EUW)
: You can't just treat the whole year like it's the preseason - you need to take more time to balance.
game lost a bit of its soul with these serious reworks like GP being evil now and so on same with the client... felt warm and at home... now impersonal and generic (also terrible usability wise... such as having to click again to make the chat bigger or scroll) they need to get back that touch that makes things feel fun and special instead of just going on stupid trends a lot is still good but a lot was better in terms of the impression it left even if not execution I also feel that I'm wasting my time trying to understand the game, theorycraft etc. because they make it useless so fast
Rioter Comments
needHymn (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=needHymn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IdHTEpf7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-08T02:25:52.009+0000) > > He needed buffs, and not just because people don't know how to play him yet. You just don't have access to the kind of extensive data that Riot is seeing. But I'm seeing similar to what Riot sees, and I can confirm that Pyke needs a buff. play vs pyke mains in plat+ and say that with a straight face
Rioter Comments
: "4 Fun" smurfing needs to be Perma-Bannable.
This isn't about smurfing, this is about trolls. What you described could apply to smurfs or not.
Rioter Comments
Cosnirak (NA)
: Comparing a single champion's win rate in such a niche way against the best champions of that class in that niche is pretty dubious to say the least. Ekko has a strong ability to punish anyone who misteps even the slightest, he's incredibly safe and mobile, and his passive does incredible damage. His Q and E both have decently low cds that scale down with rank. His overall win rate is plenty fine, especially for an assassin. He snowballs very hard and has an extremely frustrating kit to play against (at least to me), even compared to other assassins. This whole thread feels like it's just whining that your OTP isn't the top of his class rather than bringing light to a champion that is legitimately suffering. Sorry if that's harsh, but that really is what it looks like.
It's true that Ekko is safe in theory but he's still melee and gets melted in teamfights later on if he makes even the slightest mistake. His W gives a nice shield but it's only 2 seconds and if you get silenced or displaced or anything at all, you're going to get destroyed. Also, people think of his kit in the wrong way. Yes, he has abilities that can give him safety but if that's all you're doing, you're not being a good Ekko. He should be using his E and R primarily to enable aggressive plays and aggressive positioning, not to run away and save KDA. Thus, he actually has an extremely risky style when played well and that's a style that should be better supported. I love his high risk high reward play but sometimes it feels like the reward isn't as high as it should be late game. I remember flashing to try to finish off a 15% HP Mundo with my EQ and W passive only to find him barely living and me caught. I know he's not supposed to be great vs tanks but 15% HP with a "% missing HP" on W. I take that risk and blow flash to do that only to fail. Feels bad. :D To be fair though, he had Mercs and Visage as well as a healthy chunk of HP.
Rioter Comments
Show more

SirPurrr

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion