Sovekz (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Trolosaurus,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Moy11iEz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T05:35:54.423+0000) > > Yes, but that's often how a story goes. Your favorites die. Game of Thrones is pretty much built on this. > How many movies and stories would be ruined if they refused to kill someone off solely because they were popular with the audience or reader? > It's unfortunate, but it's usually necessary for the sake of storytelling. If nobody dies, there's no feeling of risk. Not every story needs to have a happy ending, and I think it's somewhat poignant for a few characters to meet unfortunate ends in the pursuit of their goals. Terrible idea, I would demand a refund on all my Garen skins which I own most of, if he was killed in lore, so that dudes point is valid, just cause you and 1 other guy think it's a good idea, that doesn't mean it is one.
Why would you want all the skins refunded, he didn't change in game, if he dies it would probably be really cool and start and entire arc for demacia. Garen is the character I want to die the most as it would have alot of impact, and garen is boring as hell and the only way for him to be useful is to kill him off
: > [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Moy11iEz,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-06-28T05:37:12.582+0000) > > But in order for a character to die, he/she would get tons of lore before that. Gragas died of heartattack cuz he drank too much. Zoe teleported out of the planet and died cuz she couldnt breathe. She searched for her dog sol. The police caught jinx and she blew herself up. Or just blew herself up. Lissandra fell off of a cliff cuz she is blind. Karthus collected a magical hat from Rabadon and started singing. He is the only surviver, but since he is obsessed with death, he managed to kill himselg (again?). Get your point but still.
They'd kill a champion in a respectful way, no just kill them just cause
: Killing a champion in the lore would feel really terrible for the fans of this champion, since it means that their story is finished. When this happens, then it means that they can just get stories of the past of this champion, but there is no future to look forward to anymore. People can get really attached to the stories of their favourite champion, like we saw with the retcon of Varus or how they decided to back off from the retcon for Nautilus with Pyke's release. I imagine that they want to avoid the extreme backlash that would most likely come if they decide to kill one champion in the lore.
Currently 95% of champions are essentially dead in lore and none of them are getting lore until their future lore rework in 3-4 years
Haze97 (EUW)
: I am giving up Katarina.
Are you at least enjoying talons porn?
: Which works really well for Marvel tho But you dont want to play as the generic Marvel villain on Lol, the only ones worth would be Thanos Loki probably
One of the biggest critiques of marvel is their lackluster villains, the movies usually do well because of the heroes being good but people still tend to dislike the villains
: > [{quoted}](name=Skaarl H Marx,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kGN1fZpE,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-08T22:18:16.899+0000) > > Abilities as in abilities in the lore, not gameplay -_- ah his powers like being able to create and destroy galaxies? yes, very interesting almost as interesting as superman's power of being the ultimate superhuman package. You're free to find asol cool, and in the end there's no champs in this game that are truly boring. Asol just appeals to me in no way at all. Just accept that not every character is for you.
I don't personally like asol too much as he is somewhat generic however he does have the "cool and interesting" factor, however me and most other writers an artists I know agree that Qiyana is poorly designed visually and narratively
: To me she lacks the charisma of a villain. She is just a cocky kid/teen that got followers because of her magic prowess. She doesn’t display any intelligent trait and her attack on Piltovians is just a show of her poor character. Anyway, it’s pretty clear that Piltovians will just be cannon fodder to boost the new faction/champion spotlight. And it sucks.
She falls into the classification of a villain but is a poorly written one that ends up being bland, she's somewhere between a villain and an anti villain but is definitely more on the villain side since her heroic actions are all selfish
: Riot has written their story in a way where you get to decide who you think is a bad guy/ good guy. Ivern could be seen as a bad guy and Morde could be seen as a good guy. It's your choice. Everyone on runeterra is given a backstory and a reason for what they do what they do, you get to decide if you think they're a villian or not. It's not a yes or no answer. The fact that you don't understand this is beyond me.
How the fk do you think ivern could be a villain and mord not, nobody is thinking that jhin is a hero, he seems himself as the hero of his own story, but he isn't a hero in the story. Jhin is a villain and it can't be seen otherwise, ivern is a good guy, morde is a villain, and qiyana although not as much of a villain as jhin or morde has very little good about her that would lead to her being an anti hero, although she falls close to the scale as she is trying to help her civilization but for her own motives. She most definitely sees herself as the hero. Hitler saw himself as a hero, but because of his actions he is a villain, no interpretation.
Lexy123 (EUNE)
: Qiyana feels like a waste of champion space to me to be honest. However that is just my opinion, at least I am not calling her a Smite character. Seen a lot of people do that. Ouch.
She honestly feels like one of those filler champs that get made and never updated for 3+ years, real shame since she is meant to introduce the new nation
: Speaking of "unique", that's Zed. Zed was jealous of Shen, mastered Forbidden technique to get high ground, was banished for it, he snapped and returned to kill(?) his master and start his academy of shadows.
I haven't read Zed's recent lore so sorry that I got those similar then.
: > [{quoted}](name=Skaarl H Marx,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kGN1fZpE,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-08T21:25:54.658+0000) > > Aurelion is way more than that with his connection to targon, especially with his abilities being interesting and looking very cool. People also like his epic voice and he has some great lore. to you. asol's kit is quite boring and doesn't look especially more impressive than other space themed particles. plenty of better voices out there, and i've yet to hear here full voice. Personally i stopped caring about targon around the time he was introduced, the whole space society thing didn't sound quite as cool as the aspects being granted some grand power of a god or nature. the only reason i still somewhat care about targon is leona.
Abilities as in abilities in the lore, not gameplay -_-
: No I typically enjoy villains more than the heroes, it's just that this villain has the most basic motivation and doesn't have anything unique, she just seems like a villain they made in the last minute for a movie where they just made them have all the power without any struggle.
Jhin is probably the best character in the game because he is an extremely interesting villain with unique motives and while we don't know his backstory, we know he didn't immediately have all his magic bullets and abilities so he struggled to make art without the proper tools
: So do you just take issue with villains existing?
No I typically enjoy villains more than the heroes, it's just that this villain has the most basic motivation and doesn't have anything unique, she just seems like a villain they made in the last minute for a movie where they just made them have all the power without any struggle.
: > [{quoted}](name=Skaarl H Marx,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kGN1fZpE,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-06-08T18:41:53.749+0000) > > The "why not" would because it's lazy writing, nobody cares about the person who's naturally gifted and is better than everyone else, those are boring anime protagonists and villains. Jusein Bolt has to practice constantly, he wasn't born the best he made himself the best, he wasn't faster than 20 year old athletes at the age of 7 with only a few weeks of running. Having a character who has all their power given to them is BORING, it's poor writing and makes us feel bad for her older sister who spent years of her life training to get crippled by someone who just magically was way better than her and didn't even have to train for it. People care for the underdog who rises to the top. No one care for the person who was already at the top and has no growth or change and i think a huge ass monster that could technically just erase every other champ's existance isn't that interesting but people still like aurelion sol for some reason.
Aurelion is way more than that with his connection to targon, especially with his abilities being interesting and looking very cool. People also like his epic voice and he has some great lore.
: I think her story and personality is ok and bratty pips like her can make the story interesting making her look like an anti-hero in the future/future stories. I think riot can redeemed her because she only has that attention/narcissistic issue this time although i think she could change for the better or worst. PS: I think her character if for lore progression.
Yeah I really hope they are able to fix her lore on the future and not release her then leave her for 3 years like usual. Right now she's left a really poor impression and doesn't get me hyped for the new region
Asud (EUNE)
: Because why not. It's always like that, someone gets more by birth than someone can with years of work. No training or anything can make you run like Jusein Bolt. Aint gonna happen. Someone is born with genetics of Apolon himself while still being smarter than average person. Even from rich family, while someone else lives on the edge of poverty while looking like a scarecrow. Its only natural. Those 2 i names and all the middlegrounds you can imagine. Our "principals" and codex of nice behavior and so on teach us that we are born equal but when u just think 5 minutes you can see that its not like that. So if Qiyana is the way she is because she is gifted by birth or whatever, let it be. We accepted Draven, many love him. We will have Qiyana mains for sure. Imagine that there are actual Garen mains. God that champ sounds so low in his VO but who cares still played. Have you listened to Illaoi? LoL. Eve sounds like a se*ual worker. And my do i love her for that. We have a spot for the lil narcissistic girl why not
The "why not" would because it's lazy writing, nobody cares about the person who's naturally gifted and is better than everyone else, those are boring anime protagonists and villains. Jusein Bolt has to practice constantly, he wasn't born the best he made himself the best, he wasn't faster than 20 year old athletes at the age of 7 with only a few weeks of running. Having a character who has all their power given to them is BORING, it's poor writing and makes us feel bad for her older sister who spent years of her life training to get crippled by someone who just magically was way better than her and didn't even have to train for it. People care for the underdog who rises to the top. No one care for the person who was already at the top and has no growth or change
: I don't think she even has much pride in her nation, she just cares only about herself, she should've been the only child who couldn't instantly master elemental powers and instead of learning how to control elements she absorbed their power for destruction (because her gameplay has nothing about actually controlling and moving elements, she steals energy not uses it) and when she was finally strong they rejected her which caused her to snap and become a villain
She feels like one of the marvel villains where they put too much time into the hero and ran out of time for the villain so they just went "oh they got a bunch of power they didn't work for and are stronger than everyone else... And uh... They EVIIIIIILLLL"
Jaspers (EUW)
: She's a dick, has pride in her nation more than she should, thinking they are better than they are. She doesn't 'get it' and is stubborn. Although I agree, not every character can be completely unique and special. The trope of a disgruntled prince/princess is familiar but I can't think of where from. Where they think the direction of their siblings and parents are wrong for the nation but in reality they are wrong.
I don't think she even has much pride in her nation, she just cares only about herself, she should've been the only child who couldn't instantly master elemental powers and instead of learning how to control elements she absorbed their power for destruction (because her gameplay has nothing about actually controlling and moving elements, she steals energy not uses it) and when she was finally strong they rejected her which caused her to snap and become a villain
: She also looks bad and isn't remotely interesting
Exactly her design is bland, it says nothing about her being a fake empreress, living in the jungle, or being an elementalist. The only thing it conveys is that she is a brat. I'm honestly considering at this point to do a rewrite of the character and a new design.
YaraUwU (NA)
: Just a quick thought for anyone that thinks Qiyana is the dullest champion to date. Kai'sa exists.
Agreed kaisa could've been such a good champ but they just had to make her personality and design go directly against her lore, and her lore is also bad. Kaisa is just straight up an idiot who doesn't realize that she could have some impact against the void by warning people. Instead she stays there and tries to kill the void creatures that likely reproduce way faster than she kills them
Rioter Comments
333lom (EUNE)
: Hi! Well done for this writing, and your word choices aren't bad! My own style of writing makes less use of adjectives too. You had a story, motivations and event, and wrapped it up in this piece! Adding more background story at the beginning would make us readers connect to the characters more. Introduce us to their situation and world, in a few sentences. Make the "field test" mean to us more by providing us with context, and it gains weight this way!
Alright thanks for the help :D I'll be attempting to write more stories in the future because I plan to release a lot of champion concepts, my first release will have about 15 total pages of lore so it's gonna be a lot of work :T (sorry for late reply, forgot I even said anything and never use the boards)
: New ways to earn Prestige Points
I still heavily dislike how these show nothing about skill on a champion and just show you have alot of money, these Prestige skins should make you go "oh no this person is good with this champ", but it comes off as "oh look this guy has alot of money" It should be that when you buy the base skin for the Prestige skin you get missions specific to that champion that take time to complete and require skill, like landing each edge part of aatrox q a number of times in a match, or landing multiple wall stuns with condemn in a match, something to show you are good with the champ, not just to flex your money
333lom (EUNE)
: Hello everyone! I was one of the judges, and I'll gladly give feedback on your entry if you'd like, ask away. All of the entries had intrinsic value to me and appreciate all the effort you put into creating something!
> [{quoted}](name=333lom,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=RiVNswBT,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-03-13T13:01:25.103+0000) > > Hello everyone! I was one of the judges, and I'll gladly give feedback on your entry if you'd like, ask away. All of the entries had intrinsic value to me and appreciate all the effort you put into creating something! Mine was 'Field Test', it was my first attempt at a written story instead of just world building so I would greatly appreciate feedback, I already know my word choices are sht so no need to mention that XD
reba042 (NA)
: link plz OwO
> [{quoted}](name=reba042,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=7EWMAtGj,comment-id=00440001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-07T18:34:08.562+0000) > > link plz > > OwO https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G-onnZqcgILJRibcJNVGHAa_gRBGPOX7jKh4-vJukIk/edit?usp=drivesdk Sorry didn't get to respond earlier, prime example of how things take time
: The Grand Archives of Piltover [CONTEST]
Guys be nice, this isn't being controlled by riot and have judges who are spending all their time on this, it's made by real people with real problems. I'm trying to be an artist and have only gotten a few good hours of drawing because real life sucks and things happen that can stop you from doing what you want for a week, be patient, the results are going to come, there is no point in trying to start a panic going "oh the results will never come, it was just a scam to get our stories, everyone riot", so just be patient, it's fine to ask on how the progress is but don't be rude about it
: > [{quoted}](name=JJB53,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=7EWMAtGj,comment-id=0056,timestamp=2019-02-10T02:32:43.901+0000) > > is there anyway we could get the list of the entries to read/look at while we wait on results to be announced? or are they only going to be released afterwards? (no rush just asking) Afterwards. I do plan on putting winners up near the front, once they're confirmed.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=7EWMAtGj,comment-id=00560001,timestamp=2019-02-10T17:55:08.317+0000) > > Afterwards. I do plan on putting winners up near the front, once they're confirmed. Do you think we could share our works with some of the others to see what they think in the meantime?
: Prestige Points and new prestige edition skins
Why not make these have character specific missions, like if you constantly play well with aatrox you get the prestige skin so when you see one you go "dayum that guy is good with aatrox" insead of what happens with the other prestige skins "dayum that guy has alot of money". And have it be different from mastery where the first 5 tiers just require alot of games and then some S ranks, like actual achievements that prove you are good with him like having high kdas in recent matches, landing the blade part of the q multiple times in a match, etc
: No.
*looks at warwick and singed fanfic* dangit...
: Where would a Chem-Baron get married?
Thanks for all the responses, finished writing my story and uses the information gained from here and tbskyen discord server
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Skaarl H Marx,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=7EWMAtGj,comment-id=0032,timestamp=2018-11-21T02:09:07.634+0000) > > I wanted to post one of my drawings and then a story but when I clicked the link again it said it can only be filled once, any help? > Do I have to delete it or something and send both at the same time (im currently writting the story) > I have no idea how these things work ;-; > edit: yeah I completely messed up the submission, how can I fix it? Another entry under a new category. Or just send me your most recent work.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=7EWMAtGj,comment-id=00320000,timestamp=2018-11-21T02:44:34.387+0000) > > Another entry under a new category. > > Or just send me your most recent work. OK thanks :D
: The Grand Archives of Piltover [CONTEST]
I wanted to post one of my drawings and then a story but when I clicked the link again it said it can only be filled once, any help? Do I have to delete it or something and send both at the same time (im currently writting the story) I have no idea how these things work ;-; edit: yeah I completely messed up the submission, how can I fix it?
Squad5 (NA)
: Ornn changes on PBE
Darn I was looking forward to using shield was and doing insane dmg with brittle, shield bash, and grasp
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=TheRealPOZU,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=kEjAAWjE,comment-id=00020006000000020004,timestamp=2018-05-18T16:05:11.996+0000) > > Is it seriously that hard for people to make female and gay characters for others? Just make a man and turn them into a woman or a gay person, it doesn't change personality, Laura croft, Alex Mercer, Samus, all could just be gender swapped and nothing would change, it would be wierd since we are so used to them being that gender but it wouldn't change who they are To say that gender swapping Samus Aran to be a male wouldn't change who she is shits on the 30 years of empowerment that's she's been for females in the gaming community. Samus blew _everyone's_ minds back in the 80s when it was revealed that this kick ass bounty hunter was a woman, because it completely destroyed the accepted stereotypes that women had followed in games. Prior to her, women were prizes to be won or side-role characters like healers. A lot of Samus is built around the strength that she brings as a woman in the face of a world previously dominated by males and would completely and utterly redefine her as a character. It doesn't change her gameplay, that's true, but it does change who Samus Aran is.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=kEjAAWjE,comment-id=000200060000000200040000,timestamp=2018-05-18T16:27:03.053+0000) > > To say that gender swapping Samus Aran to be a male wouldn't change who she is shits on the 30 years of empowerment that's she's been for females in the gaming community. Samus blew _everyone's_ minds back in the 80s when it was revealed that this kick ass bounty hunter was a woman, because it completely destroyed the accepted stereotypes that women had followed in games. Prior to her, women were prizes to be won or side-role characters like healers. A lot of Samus is built around the strength that she brings as a woman in the face of a world previously dominated by males and would completely and utterly redefine her as a character. > It doesn't change her gameplay, that's true, but it does change who Samus Aran is. Her character wouldn't change, that's a fact, but her impact on gaming WOULD MASSIVELY CHANGE. Her being female was an amazingly great call and they should have took it no matter what, but I'm saying as for samus' personality it most likely wouldn't have changed much. Most characters should keep their gender like Alex Mercer and Laura but if they were different genders their personality wouldn't change, not their impact on gaming
Xäyąh (NA)
: Exactly! Thats why I commented originally. The number of gay characters in a game doesn't do anything for anyone. And on the mention of Varus, I completely agree. Its not that him being gay ruins him, its the fact his old lore was so much more deep and a great concept in alot of people's eyes, and it was changed entirely.
> [{quoted}](name=Xäyąh,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=kEjAAWjE,comment-id=0017000200000000,timestamp=2018-05-18T15:46:12.447+0000) > > Exactly! Thats why I commented originally. The number of gay characters in a game doesn't do anything for anyone. And on the mention of Varus, I completely agree. Its not that him being gay ruins him, its the fact his old lore was so much more deep and a great concept in alot of people's eyes, and it was changed entirely. Yeah him being gay isn't the problem, it's the forced change, like if they wanted to represent how many people were gay irl they would have at MAX 6 gay characters and varus already has 2, and say some of the characters people want to be gay like vi, cait, taric, Diana, and Leona, boom we already have around the same amount of gay characters compared to the rest of the roster than what it is irl which I believe was 3-4% of people, and those characters would be enough for a long time, but I'm not saying these character should be gay, it is rarely EVER a good idea to make a already made and well known character gay as it will feel forced, that's why tracer was made gay so quickly. If they want gay characters they should add new characters who are gay, but not make it define them
Xäyąh (NA)
: If anything, forcing this "representation" agenda is harmful to society as a whole. Firstly, it makes the LGBT community come off as needy/unable to handle themselves. To someone against gays, they will only continue hating them, now with the ammo of "You need to force your beliefs into everything to feel better". Secondly, it creates this false idea that if a game doesn't have any gay characters, the creators are hateful or blah blah blah. As previously mentioned, the hair/eye color analogy. Ill add onto it by comparing it to Religion. Religion is a part of a person that will always stick with them, it may change, but it will stick with them one way or another. No matter who you are, you have some sort of religious feeling, whether you are an athiest, jew, christian, muslim, you have some form of acknowledgement to that part of you. The same goes for your sexuality. Its always with you, but it doesn't make you who you are, nor does it add or subject to you being an interesting/good person. Does religion need representation in games? Should modern games have more Jews as main characters?
> [{quoted}](name=Xäyąh,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=kEjAAWjE,comment-id=00120000000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-18T15:40:20.697+0000) > > If anything, forcing this "representation" agenda is harmful to society as a whole. Firstly, it makes the LGBT community come off as needy/unable to handle themselves. To someone against gays, they will only continue hating them, now with the ammo of "You need to force your beliefs into everything to feel better". Secondly, it creates this false idea that if a game doesn't have any gay characters, the creators are hateful or blah blah blah. As previously mentioned, the hair/eye color analogy. Ill add onto it by comparing it to Religion. Religion is a part of a person that will always stick with them, it may change, but it will stick with them one way or another. No matter who you are, you have some sort of religious feeling, whether you are an athiest, jew, christian, muslim, you have some form of acknowledgement to that part of you. The same goes for your sexuality. Its always with you, but it doesn't make you who you are, nor does it add or subject to you being an interesting/good person. Does religion need representation in games? Should modern games have more Jews as main characters? You don't get my point, lux doesn't NEED, to be gay, she could be and it wouldn't change who she is, I'm all for people being gay as I have multiple gay friends and they are nice people who were forced into being gay by what is pretty much a birth disorder. I don't think changing an old character into a gay one is the way to go, blizzard did it with tracer and there was a lot of backlash, it died down but it was still there, same happened with varus but it was way worse and people still hate it. I'm just stating that if they didn't force it and just added it, it would be fine, characters shouldn't only be major character traits, sometimes it's the small ones that matter, like a character who is the captain if a team, who is tough, thinks highly of himself, but feels responsible for his teamates deaths, or simply worries a lot for them, even if he knows they are safe, this is a small trait but it makes the concept better, it's a bigger trait than being gay but it's still small
: > [{quoted}](name=TheRealPOZU,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=kEjAAWjE,comment-id=000200020000,timestamp=2018-05-18T15:10:50.825+0000) > > Yeah and people saying that if they make a character gay, bi, or transgender it would affect their personality or gameplay or something, tracer didn't change at all after the comic, oh cool she is lesbian, gonna keep playing her because they didn't make her melee attack be a slap on the butt against female champs dealing 50% extra dmg and then tracer says "I like woman". No it's the same character and nothing changed This is so true. People don't understand that details enrich a character, but they don't hard define a character. People also keep forgetting that videogames are part story/character development, part art, and part gameplay. For many people to say "blergh, being gay doesn't affect gameplay, so shouldn't be in game," they keep forgetting that 99% of video games have story that doesn't affect gameplay - take any RPG for example (like Final Fantasy 7) or any Metroidvania game. Neither of those types of games have gameplay that's actually affected by the story that's told around it - instead of Sephiroth in FF7, you could be fighting a giant potato shooting mustard at you as far as the gameplay is concerned - but the gameplay is instead enriched and made that much more enjoyable by the story told around it. That's why you fight Sephiroth, because the story in FF7 sets him up as the major antagonist, and carries you through to the final fight against him. Stories and character development make for strong games, so for these people to keep using the argument of "don't put it in if it doesn't affect gameplay" are seriously invalidating the entire history of videogames.
Yeah like Samus Arun doesn't have to be female, she just is, people thought she was male and when they found out she wasn't it was a big surprise, but it didn't change any gameplay, she doesn't attack by slapping with her breasts and doesn't give birth through her babypumper, she is a normal person who is a woman, if she was a man nothing would change except visually. I'm trying to make games and I specialise in monster and character design, and I can so easily make a character who was male into a woman or make a straight man gay, and NOTHING changes about them, literally yesterday I made a character concept of a guy from zed clan who used the shadow technic to turn into a shadow and phase through walls and uses a sniper and shotgun pistol to a shuriman man who is gay who uses sand magic and uses a sniper and shotgun that turn sand into hardened glass for bullets, in one day I turned an over 1 year old concept straight guy into a gay character with a completely different set of abilities and yet it's the same guy with the same relationship with other champs and my friends said it was perfect, and many of them were gay and said it was a great excecution. Another character is a small boy with a telepathic double edged spear and a genetic disorder that made him always sleepy, and my friend said I should instead make him a girl and change my other character who was a late teen girl into a male and I did and it did nothing negative to the characters, if anything it made them more interesting
: > They won't make a champ LGBT just to say they are. Why not? Can't a champion just be gay? Does Varus' lore require Kai to be gay? No, he just is. Likewise, do Lucian, Ekko and Pyke's lore require them to be black?
YES, characters don't need to be male, female, gay, Black, white or anything, they could be switch around and it could be fine, if garen was black all of a sudden it would be wierd since we knew him as white but imagine if since release he was black, no one would care
: I don't give a flying fuck about anyone's sexuality straight or not. Guess what? I'm not straight but I don't appreciate people trying to make everything about sexuality, it's annoying and juvenile, and frankly its part of the problem, along with people like you who get aggressive and make false assumptions about someone's sexuality solely because they disagree with you on something as basic as not defining people by their sexuality. I don't care about champs flirting and shit in VO's as I don't listen to them and it's not at all what I'm talking about, but to totally define a champ by their sexuality or to release a champ as LGBT solely for the sake of having an LGBT character, as the post I responded to suggested is beyond stupid and is begging for problems, and frankly I find that a metric fuck ton more offensive than just focusing on the game and the important parts of the champ's character and personality.
Is it seriously that hard for people to make female and gay characters for others? Just make a man and turn them into a woman or a gay person, it doesn't change personality, Laura croft, Alex Mercer, Samus, all could just be gender swapped and nothing would change, it would be wierd since we are so used to them being that gender but it wouldn't change who they are
Xäyąh (NA)
: Does it matter? Would Garen being gay make him a more interesting or better written character? No, it wouldn't. Would anyone cry out of this game had no Red Heads? No, it's unimportant character traits that don't need to be there.
Actually unimportant character traits are exactly what being gay is, tracer from overwatch is gay but it's a minor character traits, I have gay friends and it does nothing to personality. A person could be gay in league and nothing would need to change, Varus didn't change however it was a bad change as it conflicts with his new lore as he should have all the characters voices. If Xin was confirmed gay it would be fine, have him be gay, just don't make him talk wierd and have his particles have rainbow hearts and it would be a fine gay character
: Well sure except have you actually read the full Bible? It mentions it several times without actually damning it. Plus, the entire message of the Bible is to love other people, and I don't think telling them that they're not allowed to be themselves is very good. In fact, isn't that what lead to Jesus being crucified? You can have your offensive opinion, just don't ruin others' lives with it.
Yeah people are born gay and transgender (the actual transgender, not the people who say they want to be the other gender since they think it's better) so how would a god thats all loving send them to hell for being born? You can't change sexuality. You can give me a billion dollars to be gay and I still won't be able to, I may try to fake it but I won't ever be gay. Also i find it funny that the Bible says if you dont believe in God you go to hell yet people die before ever learning about god, so is that kid in Africa who died of starvation and never heard of religion going to endure eternal torture? Seems more like a dictator god who wants to be praised, the bible needs to be updated.
Xäyąh (NA)
: While I think the original comment you responded to is dumb, as this isn't politics at all, I disagree with you aswell. When did who a character wants to bang become an important feature of them? Does Lux's blonde hair give representation to blondes? No, it's hair color. Do people complain about under representation of hair color? Eye color? Height? No, they don't.
Yeah it's dumb, if they said lux was a lesbian it wouldn't change anything, people would still play her and her gameplay wouldn't be affected. She would still be the same person, I have multiple gay and transgender friends and it does nothing to change their personality. And yet they have to hide from society and im most of their only friend because I don't let public view cloud my judgement
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Qixoss,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=kEjAAWjE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-05-17T02:44:53.448+0000) > > cute icon but homosexuality is still a sin https://images.angelpub.com/2017/17/43589/the-dude.jpg
The only quote referring to gays was a mistranslation, it was "Men shall not lay with man like with woman" it was "Man shall not lay with boy like with woman"
: Support diversity with the Rainbow Fluft Icon
If you want to feel better about yourself look at the comments and look at all the homophobes comments on a post meant to be against it
: Not League, but Tracer from Overwatch is confirmed by Blizzard to be a lesbian. There is even a cute comic of her spending Christmas with her girlfriend.
Yeah and people saying that if they make a character gay, bi, or transgender it would affect their personality or gameplay or something, tracer didn't change at all after the comic, oh cool she is lesbian, gonna keep playing her because they didn't make her melee attack be a slap on the butt against female champs dealing 50% extra dmg and then tracer says "I like woman". No it's the same character and nothing changed
: > [{quoted}](name=Qixoss,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=kEjAAWjE,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-05-17T02:55:05.882+0000) > > Lesbian and gay is not allowed!! Says nothing about lesbian. It says a man lieing with a man. Pwned with your own book.
It's actually a mistranslation, it was meant to be "Man lay with boy" so it is again %%%%%%%%%s. Says nothing about gays. And most gays are born that way and if god make people the way they are at birth then he made those people gay
: How about we stop defining people by their sexuality and trying to force organizations and people to involve sexuality in places it obviously doesn't belong, _**like a video game**_...
We could have a gay character, they could absolutely love sucking D. But that doesn't mean they are defined by their sexuality. A bad character is when they are defined by their sexuality. Rumble isn't defined by being straight, nor is garen. If they made kalista lesbian she wouldn't be defined by being lesbian, she would still be the same character who is lesbian. I have a total of 67 champ concepts I'm making the and 12 are gay, lesbian, bi, or transgender. And not a single one has it affect their gameplay or personality
: "Instead of bringing back everyone's favorite gamemode, URF, we're gonna give you One For All, which you might play once and then never again! Don't worry though, URF will come back sometime this winter, but only with the champions that have our newest skins!" shit company
"Instead of keeping players on the game we are going to release the mode that made us lose over 6% of our player base the last time we fully released it instead of putting a mode a lot of people have been asking for but doesn't harm the game as much". Yeah real sht company
Show more

Skaarl H Marx

Level 65 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion