Skillex (NA)
: Who asked for a Swain rework?
: Many reasons. 1. Some people are used to playing without it, and have no interest being asked to use it. 2. Imagine how tilting it would be to see a troll inting, _AND_ hear what they have to say. 3. How is Riot going to handle flaming through voice chat? It's an extra layer they don't want to touch. 4. People who aren't used to each other are probably going to argue about strategy. Or there's going to be nitpicking. Complaining. And instead of easy to ignore text chat, it will be voices.
Or, players could just have the options to mute players who aren't being constructive or just not join the chat at all. Heroes of the storm successfully added voice chat to their team games. I don't see the internet blowing up about the voice toxicity on that game. In fact, adding voice may actually help combat toxicity. We're talking about a game that cannot be won solo anymore. This is no longer season 1-5. I'm willing to bet that most of the flaming come from a lack of communication and understanding.
: Parties level up!
Why wasn't voice communication implemented for the entire game?
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Skillex,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E8jys8GA,comment-id=0003000000010000,timestamp=2018-01-24T21:23:34.389+0000) > > Why is the answer a remake and not a balance? His kit was fun. Nunu is boring AF. Rework him. His current kit isn't healthy. If you are ahead in a teamfight scenario, you can waltz in with E and R, and his passive means that you won't run out of mana until you ace the enemy. If you're behind, you get cc'd and die before you can even activate Zhonya's and you are the most worthless person on your team. I've been a Swain main for years, and I'm over 375,000 mastery on the guy (I don't have League open atm, but it's somewhere in 380,000+ range, I think). Believe me when I say I love this champ, but he needed work. Visuals were so outdated that Riot has a "no skin" policy on him, and his gameplay was some of the most uninspired in the game. Fun? Certainly. Complicated? Not even remotely. At least play the new one before you conclude, unequivocally, that the old one was better. Riot has been doing an *excellent* job on reworks; that doesn't mean everyone is happy with them, of course, but the champs generally end up much healthier, if nothing else. I haven't played the new one yet, either, but Riot has earned a lot of good will with me from recent reworks (especially Taric). I think Nunu is the top of the list for reworks, but that's not how Riot decides who gets reworked. There is a bit of a tier list, but they prioritize champs on that list that they have exciting ideas for. They don't just rework anyone who needs it the most. I would agree with you that Nunu needs it more, but I'd rather wait and get something awesome than get a mediocre rework now.
> [{quoted}](name=KempyreanPirate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E8jys8GA,comment-id=00030000000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-24T21:38:05.808+0000) > > His current kit isn't healthy. If you are ahead in a teamfight scenario, you can waltz in with E and R, and his passive means that you won't run out of mana until you ace the enemy. If you're behind, you get cc'd and die before you can even activate Zhonya's and you are the most worthless person on your team. > > I've been a Swain main for years, and I'm over 375,000 mastery on the guy (I don't have League open atm, but it's somewhere in 380,000+ range, I think). Believe me when I say I love this champ, but he needed work. Visuals were so outdated that Riot has a "no skin" policy on him, and his gameplay was some of the most uninspired in the game. Fun? Certainly. Complicated? Not even remotely. > > At least play the new one before you conclude, unequivocally, that the old one was better. Riot has been doing an *excellent* job on reworks; that doesn't mean everyone is happy with them, of course, but the champs generally end up much healthier, if nothing else. I haven't played the new one yet, either, but Riot has earned a lot of good will with me from recent reworks (especially Taric). > > I think Nunu is the top of the list for reworks, but that's not how Riot decides who gets reworked. There is a bit of a tier list, but they prioritize champs on that list that they have exciting ideas for. They don't just rework anyone who needs it the most. I would agree with you that Nunu needs it more, but I'd rather wait and get something awesome than get a mediocre rework now. I don't understand your first and second points. Of course a champion performs better when they are ahead and worse when they are behind, but you make it out to be way over exaggerated with Swain. When you limited his kit to "E + R" you pretty much lost credibility. I've played Swain since S1. I've been through all the ups and downs with Swain, but he's no where NEAR the other champions that need/needed a rework. How can you say his game play is uninspired? What are you doing? Just waiting for E+R? The combos you could pull off with Swain, the burst damage, the sustain, Swain was clean. Unfortunately, he's not "complicated" enough for everyone. Whether Riot does well with reworks or not is irrelevant to my argument. I do not believe Swain needed a complete overhaul. I think that kit is better for Vlad or a new champion. But hey, it doesn't matter. I'm just a player with an opinion. I like Swain the way he is and I am not happy with the rework be it good or bad. Swain is no longer Swain.
: > [{quoted}](name=bywords70,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E8jys8GA,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-01-24T18:22:19.343+0000) > > no? i've asked many high elo swain mains and they think he doesn't need a rework at all, just a small buff because hes completely outclassed by vlad who does the same thing but better. he has a 46% win rate top because he literally doesn't have the mana bar to kill anybody who builds 1 mr item. > > if anything vlad needed a rework to his no counterplay kit, hes literally just a manaless version of swain. Every single high elo Swain main still make up a minority of Swain mains. If you're ranked plat+, you're in the top 10% of players, which means 90% of the playerbase is lower than you. High elo opinions matter, but when I say "most," I'm not talking about just them. I'm talking about everyone. I haven't talked to a single person on the Boards or elsewhere that thinks Swain had a healthy design. There are going to be people that don't agree, of course, but my anecdotal experience is that there was a general acknowledgement that he was a stat-check heavy champ. I don't intend for that to be a statistical fact, and I apologize if it came across that way. I merely mean to say that all the Swain mains I've talked to were pretty psyched for the rework.
> [{quoted}](name=KempyreanPirate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E8jys8GA,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2018-01-24T21:02:09.688+0000) > > Every single high elo Swain main still make up a minority of Swain mains. > > If you're ranked plat+, you're in the top 10% of players, which means 90% of the playerbase is lower than you. High elo opinions matter, but when I say "most," I'm not talking about just them. I'm talking about everyone. > > I haven't talked to a single person on the Boards or elsewhere that thinks Swain had a healthy design. There are going to be people that don't agree, of course, but my anecdotal experience is that there was a general acknowledgement that he was a stat-check heavy champ. > > I don't intend for that to be a statistical fact, and I apologize if it came across that way. I merely mean to say that all the Swain mains I've talked to were pretty psyched for the rework. Why is the answer a remake and not a balance? His kit was fun. Nunu is boring AF. Rework him.
: This one looks a lot less cancer to lane against, and actually more interesting to play, so I'm glad for the rework.
> [{quoted}](name=Daddy Issues,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E8jys8GA,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-01-24T18:31:09.615+0000) > > This one looks a lot less cancer to lane against, and actually more interesting to play, so I'm glad for the rework. With 100+ Champions, it's ok if you're not interested in a few. Doesn't mean other players aren't.
: > [{quoted}](name=KempyreanPirate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E8jys8GA,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-01-24T18:17:13.313+0000) > > Most of the Swain mains wanted a rework. And I think many of them are pretty happy with how the gameplay came out. > > Lot of discussion about the hair, but I think most Swain mains are pretty happy, other than that. no? i've asked many high elo swain mains and they think he doesn't need a rework at all, just a small buff because hes completely outclassed by vlad who does the same thing but better. he has a 46% win rate top because he literally doesn't have the mana bar to kill anybody who builds 1 mr item. if anything vlad needed a rework to his no counterplay kit, hes literally just a manaless version of swain.
> [{quoted}](name=bywords70,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E8jys8GA,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-01-24T18:22:19.343+0000) > > no? i've asked many high elo swain mains and they think he doesn't need a rework at all, just a small buff because hes completely outclassed by vlad who does the same thing but better. > > if anything vlad needed a rework to his no counterplay kit, hes literally just a manaless version of swain. Swain was in a decent spot before they put the longer CD on his ultimate. Being able to toggle on and off really allowed me to establish myself in lane.
: Most of the Swain mains wanted a rework. And I think many of them are pretty happy with how the gameplay came out. Lot of discussion about the hair, but I think most Swain mains are pretty happy, other than that.
> [{quoted}](name=KempyreanPirate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E8jys8GA,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-01-24T18:17:13.313+0000) > > Most of the Swain mains wanted a rework. And I think many of them are pretty happy with how the gameplay came out. > > Lot of discussion about the hair, but I think most Swain mains are pretty happy, other than that. Can't say I agree. If you're running OOM on swain, you've had one hell of a fight or you're not playing swain right.(This was actually in response to another poster XD) Again, I'm not denying the fact that swain could use some love, but this is simply not swain anymore.
: The Swain We Deserve
Rioter Comments
kargish (EUW)
: Seems like Swain is not Swain anymore
I was sad to see Swain get a complete rework. Swains kit was really good and under rated. I would have rather seen these abilities added to a new hero.
: Probably no use in trying to rationalize this buff on the forums... but... here goes. **_15/18/21 % of their bonus health_** This is damage only to knocked up targets, if he kicks someone with BONUS HEALTH. Lee Sin's major strength is his early/mid game and ability to isolate and kill solo targets in the late game. This is a buff to his ability to *PEEL LATE GAME ENGAGE TANKS*. Think of it this way, Lee Sin would prefer to "Insec" kick a squishy into his team killing them in the late game. If instead he kicked a Sejuanni *away* and she had 1,000 bonus health and hit two people, he would deal 210 extra damage to each of those he kicked her through. If he kicks a squishy, this ratio does *NOTHING* since they won't have bonus health (or at worst a Banshee's). Also if he doesn't kick them THROUGH someone, it still doesn't do any more damage.
i love you for saying it {{champion:64}}

Skillex

Level 70 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion