: Tell me an unpopular League opinion that will trigger everyone.
CertainlyT is a needed champion designer at riot games who is the king of innovation, and complex champs. And gets way too much shit for what he makes.
Rioter Comments
: My midlander asked me to hold mid for a minute
They said it was a temporary fix till preseason as to not fuck worlds.
: STOP PUTTING UNRANKED PLAYERS IN HIGH SILVER
I went through about 40 of your latest ranked games. I saw 1 unranked, a few unlisted ranks, and everyone was between silver 5 and gold 5 in your silver 3-2 games. So that unranked was probably something like 8/0 on placements. Just looking at your experience UNRANKS in high silver dont seem to be too much of an issue.
: when he is running away at a speed you can only dream of on most champions unless you took ghost which takes time to ramp up at which time he is already autoing you again because his 'fixed attack speed' scales and his reload gets shorter over the course of the game so his 'weakness' is equal to any other adc with a constant attack speed buff or any other adc with {{item:3046}} and a {{item:1043}} attack speed wise. same with graves where how reloading is supposed to be his weakness but he is tankier with base stats than most fighters and tank gains more armor than anyone else except maybe a full armor rammus/malphite with a full armor taric w on him. he is over compensated for his autos and does 125% (i think 133 in actuallity but i dont want to go check the number) while getting actually faster attack speed than other people normally get while eliminateing his reload with attack speed items and buffs.
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KEIxMPEa,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T20:56:46.289+0000) > > when he is running away at a speed you can only dream of on most champions unless you took ghost which takes time to ramp up at which time he is already autoing you again because his 'fixed attack speed' scales and his reload gets shorter over the course of the game so his 'weakness' is equal to any other adc with a constant attack speed buff or any other adc with {{item:3046}} and a {{item:1043}} attack speed wise. > same with graves where how reloading is supposed to be his weakness but he is tankier with base stats than most fighters and tank gains more armor than anyone else except maybe a full armor rammus/malphite with a full armor taric w on him. he is over compensated for his autos and does 125% (i think 133 in actuallity but i dont want to go check the number) while getting actually faster attack speed than other people normally get while eliminateing his reload with attack speed items and buffs. Heres the thing, im never said that the movespeed isnt high right now. Just that I dont think it fully covers his weakness of reloading.
: And thus he covers that downtime by running out of the way of any retaliation and using spells from a longer range.
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KEIxMPEa,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-08-13T04:42:58.382+0000) > > And thus he covers that downtime by running out of the way of any retaliation and using spells from a longer range. So either get on him and kill him, what was his weakness since he was released. Or make use of the fact that you arent getting hit by autos for 2ish seconds.
Rioter Comments
: No More Zeds And Yasuos Please
Honestly i saw Yasuo every once in a while in the Tank meta, and zed i hadnt seen in a long time prior. So i personally disagree with the overall statement. But i do want less of them now yeah.
: Yasuo went tanksuo because his base stats were so high that building tank didn't stop him from still doing damage. He was just in a severe need of a nerf at that point. Tanksuo is not an inherintly good build for him. Also these 2 champs are just fun. In Fighting games you will see A LOT of the same characters even if they're not the best. Fun champions are fun even at a 48% winrate which Zed was at before the two buffs and he was still played a lot. When Yasuo was at a 47% winrate, he was played a lot.
> [{quoted}](name=TitanAnteus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wH3PcBng,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-11T16:38:58.526+0000) > > Yasuo went tanksuo because his base stats were so high that building tank didn't stop him from still doing damage. He was just in a severe need of a nerf at that point. Tanksuo is not an inherintly good build for him. > > Also these 2 champs are just fun. In Fighting games you will see A LOT of the same characters even if they're not the best. > > Fun champions are fun even at a 48% winrate which Zed was at before the two buffs and he was still played a lot. When Yasuo was at a 47% winrate, he was played a lot. His basestats arent high, they are incredoubly low in comparison. He is able to go Tanksuo because of the massive amount of stats he gains from his kit.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: I hate jhin with a passion but i'm fine with his insane movement speed what i'm not fine with is his 4th shot giving him movement speed allowing him to cover the weakness of reloading remove the bonus ms from 4th shot
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KEIxMPEa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-10T22:29:55.492+0000) > > I hate jhin with a passion but i'm fine with his insane movement speed > > what i'm not fine with is his 4th shot giving him movement speed allowing him to cover the weakness of reloading > > remove the bonus ms from 4th shot I personally dont feel like that "Covers" his weakness, since he still isnt able to autoattack while reloading, thats the downside. Especially since late game he'll be critting on most autos anyway.
: Just played a 50 min game
You see, i remember back when 50min games were common there were typically complaints of When it comes to late game, no matter how many turrets you have, if 4 of you die, the currently farthest lane pushed (Minion-wise) Is gonna get run all the way to the nexus. Which cause games past 35-45min (depending on rank) A tiptoe and wait for baron fest.
Rioter Comments
: Nah this whole post is meaningless in my opinion. Riot not once has ever listened to their community. The only thing they care about is pro play.
> [{quoted}](name=óÔÔÔò,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=ea3nrVK5,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2018-08-05T14:28:18.647+0000) > > Nah this whole post is meaningless in my opinion. Riot not once has ever listened to their community. The only thing they care about is pro play. Someones been hurt.
Saianna (EUNE)
: Say what you will, but this game does have some mechanics to keep you crawling through ladder even if you have superior skill. For example keeping you as close to 50% winrate as it can. obviously to balance your winstreak it has to pull you down. And how can it do it if not just tossing you 1 or 2 rotten eggs or placing you against better players, if not those 2 options combined. There were, truly, countless examples, screenshots and whatnot about matchmaking playing dirty tricks. You might say it's the way our brain works ansd its nothing more than a bias, but it doesn't mean the bias is wrong, though.
> [{quoted}](name=Saianna,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vlATrgwE,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-08-05T19:30:09.577+0000) > > Say what you will, but this game does have some mechanics to keep you crawling through ladder even if you have superior skill. For example keeping you as close to 50% winrate as it can. obviously to balance your winstreak it has to pull you down. And how can it do it if not just tossing you 1 or 2 rotten eggs or placing you against better players, if not those 2 options combined. > > There were, truly, countless examples, screenshots and whatnot about matchmaking playing dirty tricks. You might say it's the way our brain works ansd its nothing more than a bias, but it doesn't mean the bias is wrong, though. No, aside from MMR matching you based on skill instead of rank (which i personally find dumb) weve known that forever. There isnt any "Hidden mechanics to keep you climbing the ladder." That is what confimation bias is, a FALSE belief on something you think back on to further your current belief.
: Do promos actually give you worse players on purpose?
Honestly im pretty sure this is what we call "Confirmation Bias"
Seb (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Skorch,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=ea3nrVK5,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-08-05T13:00:26.930+0000) > > There is a lot of fan skins that come out that get insane praise, I think elderwood kindred had way more upvotes. And weve had like 5 Dark Star skins that people want. > > But for reasons i dont know, Riot never does these skins, unless they get insane god-tier status like with baker pantheon and pizza sivir which were actual memes, and Dragon swain which if i remember was the most wanted fan-skin that Riot said that they were gonna make like 2 years prior to his rework but scrapped it. > > I dont know if it would hurt their pride making skins that the community makes since people were doing a lot of the job for them. But i dont think this skin is coming. Thank you for your kind post , you never know what can happen if people really want something and show interest . We can just hope that @Riot make us a nice surprise and for this Halloween we can get this Demon Shaco skin. If this skin is released trust me , it will be one of the most popular skins in the game .This is just my feeling .
> [{quoted}](name=Seb,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=ea3nrVK5,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-08-05T13:08:35.376+0000) > > Thank you for your kind post , you never know what can happen if people really want something and show interest . We can just hope that @Riot make us a nice surprise and for this Halloween we can get this Demon Shaco skin. If this skin is released trust me , it will be one of the most popular skins in the game .This is just my feeling . I doubt it would be "The most popular in the game" But it is definitely better than most if not all shaco skins, ill give it that.
: Unpopular opinion: don't buff tanks
I disagree, while Assassins are FAR too overloaded right now, that is really the only thing dealing "too much" damage. Everyone else feels better damage wise, ADCs arent 2 shotting people anymore, Bruisers (even though i think Conq is a bit too strong) Exist, Mages... cant exist because of assassins. However even though bruisers feel okay now, Tanks arent, so a nudge towards tanks isnt all that unfounded.
: New Christmas Eve Skin
https://i.imgur.com/ysGDgZU.gif Edit, Didnt quite work but oh well.
Seb (EUNE)
: Lets upvote this post so we can remind Riot!
There is a lot of fan skins that come out that get insane praise, I think elderwood kindred had way more upvotes. And weve had like 5 Dark Star skins that people want. But for reasons i dont know, Riot never does these skins, unless they get insane god-tier status like with baker pantheon and pizza sivir which were actual memes, and Dragon swain which if i remember was the most wanted fan-skin that Riot said that they were gonna make like 2 years prior to his rework but scrapped it. I dont know if it would hurt their pride making skins that the community makes since people were doing a lot of the job for them. But i dont think this skin is coming.
Sunibee (NA)
: in the dream world when Riot modernizes a champion their kit comes out more akin to the Warwick gameplay overhaul rather than the Mordekaiser one. every now and then Riot did botch stuff (hence why a TON of class updates fell flat) but Im going to contribute that to Riot splitting thier attention to widely rather than focusing on making one amazing thing at a time. for instance while most of the roster updates were a wash I thought that {{champion:55}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:21}} came out much better than they were before design wise.
> [{quoted}](name=Sunibee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=budxbGhq,comment-id=000f00000000,timestamp=2018-08-04T17:25:29.625+0000) > > in the dream world when Riot modernizes a champion their kit comes out more akin to the Warwick gameplay overhaul rather than the Mordekaiser one. > every now and then Riot did botch stuff (hence why a TON of class updates fell flat) but Im going to contribute that to Riot splitting thier attention to widely rather than focusing on making one amazing thing at a time. > > > for instance while most of the roster updates were a wash I thought that {{champion:55}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:21}} came out much better than they were before design wise. For the record im not one of the "Riot does nothing right" people. But even then i feel like the game wouldnt be a truely healthy experience just cause the older champs got updated.
Sunibee (NA)
: I've felt the same way and I've been saying this for years so I'll say it again here. Riot NEEDS to kick their rework team into overdrive and stop focusing on releasing so many champions. I really hope that by 2019 next year our entire roster is fixed to be both healthy and with a decent amount of interaction for both parties in thier gameplay but sadly judging from the rate seem's to VGU at versus the rate at which they RELEASE new champs I dont think this is going to be happening anytime soon. The sad part is some champions dont even really need a_** visual update **_ in terms of new model. The just need a vfx/resolution modernization along with a **_gameplay update_**. {{champion:120}} default model is fine. resolutions and gameplay could be better {{champion:67}} default model still holds up great . gameplay could use a bit more enemy interaction though. {{champion:254}} model is fine. gameplay can get very statchecky at times {{champion:131}} model is fine. Gameplay is binary and presents nothing ultimately interesting or strategic {{champion:103}} is Riot ever going to actually make it so her tails come out of ONE spot? thats still my biggest peeve about her model and I dont understand why its not fixable? She also needs a new W or a small update to it. {{champion:48}} model is fine and has a strong niche but gameplay is the literal definition of stat checking. (the entire point of this champ is literally inflating his own stats to be superior to yours so theres no way you can win) {{champion:75}} model is fine. Gameplay needs modernization. Point n click permawither + Passive and Stack system could be addressed. {{champion:86}} model is fine. gameplay needs modernization {{champion:222}} model is fine. certain parts of kit could definitely be better (ZAP!, Runaans interaction vs innate Fishbones power and flame chomper s) {{champion:203}} model is fine. needs gameplay overhaul. Character wildly swings between arguably worst ranged jungler in the game and absolute jungle god that never falls off. {{champion:429}} model is fine.needs kit overhaul already so she stops being so abusable in proplay that way soloQ can finally enjoy her again {{champion:30}} model is fine. Press the big red button to eliminate entire enemy team is NOT fine. {{champion:90}} model is fine. being a walking suppression bot whose sole existence is to force cleanse/QSS on everyone is NOT fine {{champion:11}} great model. very low counterplay gameplay however. Really not a fan of his current E and R highlander design. {{champion:16}} model is okay. gameplay is extremely frustrating for enemies. Morello was right about her. {{champion:1}} updated model. still binary one-trick pony esque gameplay. should really be the primary "minion mancer" champion but atm Ivern is better at manipulating Daisy than Annie at tibbers.
> [{quoted}](name=Sunibee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=budxbGhq,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-08-04T16:43:50.591+0000) > > I've felt the same way and I've been saying this for years so I'll say it again here. > Riot NEEDS to kick their rework team into overdrive and stop focusing on releasing so many champions. > > I really hope that by 2019 next year our entire roster is fixed to be both healthy and with a decent amount of interaction for both parties in thier gameplay but sadly judging from the rate seem's to VGU at versus the rate at which they RELEASE new champs I dont think this is going to be happening anytime soon. The sad part is some champions dont even really need a_** visual update **_ in terms of new model. The just need a vfx/resolution modernization along with a **_gameplay update_**. > > {{champion:120}} default model is fine. resolutions and gameplay could be better > {{champion:67}} default model still holds up great . gameplay could use a bit more enemy interaction though. > {{champion:254}} model is fine. gameplay can get very statchecky at times > {{champion:131}} model is fine. Gameplay is binary and presents nothing ultimately interesting or strategic > {{champion:103}} is Riot ever going to actually make it so her tails come out of ONE spot? thats still my biggest peeve about her model and I dont understand why its not fixable? She also needs a new W or a small update to it. > {{champion:48}} model is fine and has a strong niche but gameplay is the literal definition of stat checking. (the entire point of this champ is literally inflating his own stats to be superior to yours so theres no way you can win) > {{champion:75}} model is fine. Gameplay needs modernization. Point n click permawither + Passive and Stack system could be addressed. > {{champion:86}} model is fine. gameplay needs modernization > {{champion:222}} model is fine. certain parts of kit could definitely be better (ZAP!, Runaans interaction vs innate Fishbones power and flame chomper s) > {{champion:203}} model is fine. needs gameplay overhaul. Character wildly swings between arguably worst ranged jungler in the game and absolute jungle god that never falls off. > {{champion:429}} model is fine.needs kit overhaul already so she stops being so abusable in proplay that was soloQ can finally enjoy her again > {{champion:30}} model is fine. Press the big red button to eliminate entire enemy team is NOT fine. > {{champion:90}} model is fine. being a walking suppression bot whose sole existence is to force cleanse/QSS on everyone is NOT fine > {{champion:11}} great model. very low counterplay gameplay however. Really not a fan of his current E and R highlander design. > {{champion:16}} model is okay. gameplay is extremely frustrating for enemies. Morello was right about her. > {{champion:1}} updated model. still binary one-trick pony esque gameplay. should really be the primary "minion mancer" champion but atm Ivern is better at manipulating Daisy than Annie at tibbers. This would infer that every rework increases a champions game health, which i dont know the validity of.
Hayaishi (NA)
: What happened to balancing around healthy design?
Few points, i understand your frusteration however: While AD Trynd and Yi are very similar champs, AP Trynd and old AP Yi arent. So while wanting AP trynd nerfed, and not wanting AP Yi back are fair, they arent a good comparison. Draven has been changed many times in SOMEWHAT recent memory including several buffs/nerfs last season, and a few this season. While also taking into account the fact that actually every AD item in the game typically goes through "And what can Draven do with it" when they get buffed and nerfed cause his Q is so god damn important to keep track of. And as for Zoe, I can see why shes frusterating im just happy they actually change her consistently. They are non-stop tweaking her, which i think is nice. It means that they at least try to keep her from being overbearing, while not being... well... Azir and Kalista who I legitimately forgot existed for a while. The rest is fine but i had slight issues with those 3 points.
: Akali has a 38% winrate mid
I dont like your tone... but i agree
Mishli (NA)
: I 'think' eating a minion counts as 'enemy cast' so arguably this is a bit of a buff to his poke, but I could be wrong
> [{quoted}](name=Mishli,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P4eh9Or5,comment-id=00e10000,timestamp=2018-08-04T11:46:09.517+0000) > > I 'think' eating a minion counts as 'enemy cast' so arguably this is a bit of a buff to his poke, but I could be wrong I hope so. Nonetheless 28 seconds is still too long even if its the first thing you max.
: this game just isnt fun anymore.
I dont think this is Riot beef you got, almost everything you mentioned was "A tilted ADC after 2 min" "An afk splitting trist" "Flaming Teammates" "Trolls" None of these things Riot can PERMANENTLY fix. It sounds to me like you just need something else. You say you come back every couple of months but i think thats too frequent. There are plenty of games wanting you to spend thousands of hours on them for you to just sit on league not having fun
: I feel surprisingly unaffected by the sorrow this is meant to convey. I suppose knowing the fact it states for years has made me immune to going any lower and now I can just enjoy the cute art.
> [{quoted}](name=SpecterVonBaren,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOfeyAVh,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-04T07:57:15.903+0000) > > I feel surprisingly unaffected by the sorrow this is meant to convey. I suppose knowing the fact it states for years has made me immune to going any lower and now I can just enjoy the cute art. **Cant feel shame if im dead inside**
: Tank changes for 8.16
No idea if you will see this since its a bit late but, these are the kinds of changes i like, instead of broad classwide changes that we have 8.9-8.11 or whatever. Buffs to a large class based on their strengths and weaknesses. Although a 28sec cd is insane for kench, and also hurts his W poke so not too much better for offense as well.
: Reminder that Vol'Jin died for this
> [{quoted}](name=Trolosaurus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HiE2AoOd,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2018-08-02T05:33:09.510+0000) > > Reminder that Vol'Jin died for this I miss my troll boy
: So there is true damage and true invisibility now where’s true defense?
I think you mean "True Execute" Where you are just dead for the rest of the game
iTaLenTZ (EUW)
: pbe 8.15: The annual meme Lee 'LCS' Sin buffs are coming
I mean Lee has needed help since they removed Green Trinket, he dropped hard (Coming from someone who despises when lee is strong) However the timing is a little weird, although i think he DID get another buff like 2 patches ago on W and we didnt say much then so maybe they are still trying to make him somewhat relevant (around worlds) Idk.
Almighty (EUNE)
: Give Cho'Gath's ultimate the Pyke execute indicator and Tahm's Devour animation.
All i could think of was cho "Getting" tahm kenchs animation. AKA his model shrinks into the shape of tahm he does the animation, then pops back.
Jamaree (NA)
: People complained about champions being simple and samey so now they stepped things up. Power creep, happens in all games that constantly evolve, MTG, Hearthstone, PoE, if the game is constantly updating people want and expect better.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=65tc1pVo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-28T21:07:18.309+0000) > > People complained about champions being simple and samey so now they stepped things up. > > Power creep, happens in all games that constantly evolve, MTG, Hearthstone, PoE, if the game is constantly updating people want and expect better. Except in wow... in wow they just kill all of the cool things you used to be able to do
: {{champion:62}} A banana tree {{champion:91}} Knivessss {{champion:45}} A deathcap {{champion:32}} Toilet paper {{champion:69}} Boots {{champion:107}} Catnip
> [{quoted}](name=Tuition Fee,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=8VzBjYPp,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-07-28T03:07:41.951+0000) > > {{champion:62}} > A banana tree > > {{champion:91}} > Knivessss > > {{champion:45}} > A deathcap > > {{champion:32}} > Toilet paper > > {{champion:69}} > Boots > > {{champion:107}} > Catnip {{champion:91}} You mean longswords
: What's The Attraction To Ahri?
probably because she is one of the older champions, people typically stick around some of their old favorites. That and she was the MOST sexual character at her time of release (now dwarfed in comparison,) Which teenage gamer boys and girls like. That and i dont know what it is with the half-animal, or animal-like abilities, girls. But it is a really common trope.
: If you are dissatisfied with the state of the game, stop buying skins.
HA I haven't bought RP in years (Not because I don't support riot but because I've been broke... RIP)
: If your going to revert the Crit item rework, you need to remove the buffs you gave to ADC's as well
They arent even reverting the update, so much more happened than the gold nerfs.
: Petition for reworked Nunu to NOT be given a dash
I could probably see him having something like Ornn E, for ganks or something. like yeti leap, that goes over walls. Which would be pretty funny to just jump the wall and feast the blue, and then flash out
Yatol (NA)
: i hope they dont give dash to every reworked champ
> [{quoted}](name=Yatol,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H8mWAe1w,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-17T11:43:36.631+0000) > > i hope they dont give dash to every reworked champ exceptyouknowAkalithatassassinchampionthatusedtohave4dashesinherkitanyway
remakoro (EUNE)
: Both of the female and both of them ninjas. Complete list of similarities. They have nothing else in common.
> [{quoted}](name=remakoro,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=brrTjAo9,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-07-17T13:24:51.477+0000) > > Both of the female and both of them ninjas. > Complete list of similarities. They have nothing else in common. Their hairstyles/looks, their renegade personalities.
Rioter Comments
japhib (NA)
: I totally disagree. CertainlyT seems like a stand-up guy and I love that he is always thinking outside the box to bring new and innovative ideas to League. Sure, some of his ideas have been a little too crazy and have ended up breaking the game a bit. But he doesn’t work in a vacuum! All his designs get vetted by the whole design team, and play tested by their whole play test team, and worked on by tons of other people. There’s absolutely NO reason to be so derogatory towards a single designer. He’s a person too, let’s not forget that.
> [{quoted}](name=japhib,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=s7hmnYp0,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-07-17T04:15:37.139+0000) > > I totally disagree. CertainlyT seems like a stand-up guy and I love that he is always thinking outside the box to bring new and innovative ideas to League. > > Sure, some of his ideas have been a little too crazy and have ended up breaking the game a bit. But he doesn’t work in a vacuum! All his designs get vetted by the whole design team, and play tested by their whole play test team, and worked on by tons of other people. There’s absolutely NO reason to be so derogatory towards a single designer. He’s a person too, let’s not forget that. this needs more upvotes, and its own post.
Jamaree (NA)
: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/topstrongest/images/d/d8/Anko_mitarashi_render_by_finaldestinydreamer-d568cxd.png/revision/latest?cb=20160331040140 I got you fam, that said, do you also want her fat version?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=brrTjAo9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-17T07:29:11.459+0000) > > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/topstrongest/images/d/d8/Anko_mitarashi_render_by_finaldestinydreamer-d568cxd.png/revision/latest?cb=20160331040140 > > I got you fam, that said, do you also want her fat version? no :( Although i think theres a M&G post someone can make out of that about a fed akali
Rioter Comments
: RIP Nurse Akali splashart
IMO old nurse akali wasnt that T H I C C either. There is no fat contained by the stocking. That is not where happiness is created.
: Akali gaining tower IMMUNITY on a non-ultimate spell is a whole new level of stupid. Unbelievable.
I said it in another one and ill say it here. Its a gimmick, As long as her numbers arent busted (which in the trailer she looked pretty gross damage-wise.) But I dont mind 1 CHAMPION having invis under tower, ill be upset if someone else can do it and "TRUE STEALTH" becomes an actual mechanic. But until then i dont mind. Similar to how Kayn's E of ignoring walls is a gimmick and people were freaking out about that as well.
Antenora (EUW)
: Seriously giving Akali TRUE stealth?
I honestly dont mind the true sight on akali, as long as the damage in her kit is reasonable (which that 1 auto kills in the trailer was gross) Something like this is a gimmick that only 1 champion will have and will ever have. However if any other champion ever does this, them im going to be upset.
: The system stacks the MMR against you for these "super fun games," which ultimately makes them less enjoyable. Also you can't dodge the games, which forces you to play out a game with 3 jungle mains on your team. awesome.
> [{quoted}](name=always blamin jg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tE0vJZ08,comment-id=00130000,timestamp=2018-07-16T15:51:15.350+0000) > > The system stacks the MMR against you for these "super fun games," which ultimately makes them less enjoyable. > > Also you can't dodge the games, which forces you to play out a game with 3 jungle mains on your team. awesome. I still dont personally believe the "Stacking MMR against you" thing. Because while i have been unlucky in them before. I have also breezed through them before. But instead of Riot just flat "removing" promos. Why not just code in something to make the MMR more accurate with a popup when queuing into those saying "For your placements we are making sure that your MMR is much more accurate for these games, as such queue times may be longer" instead of removing them all together. Also on one hand i do wish that dodging was allowed to happen. But at the same time dodging until you get the perfect game would be awful to play with. and if you give people 1 dodge per promo. there are 10 people in a game, what are the odds that one of them is in their promo, and what are the odds that person will just dip since "I have 1 free dodge" at the slightest hint of something not okay. "Oh that person locked in a champ i dont like... see ya"
: Season 9: get rid of promos
It is 2 games for a division and 3 wins for a rank. What is so hard about that? it is just seeing if you have AT LEAST a 50% winrate within several games.
: Unpopular Popular Opinion: One of riot's being mistakes was reworking Guardian's Angel
I honestly feel like you are giving GA too much/too little credit. (Bit longer than i wanted... so i added a tldr at the bottom paragraph. Acting like "Man for a measly 2800 Kha zix gets 126 damage on his FULL ROTATION" Which compared to literally any other AD item is meager... which is the point. In fact i would say that the MR would be even MORE annoying on assassins, since mages get in a tizzy from just {{item:3156}} existing. The issue was it got reworked because it was meant for CARRIES. Wether that was the assassin getting in there being able to kill someone and dying but have a chance of escaping after GA. Or fighters that get in your face and die. Or squishy ADCs who have a chance of redemption after being one-shot from a rengar out of stealth. In fact the AD instead of MR sure isnt appealing to Mages, nor should any buy it unless they REALLY want that passive (and idk last hitting with autos at like 35 min) But even then pure tank stats are only so appealing anyway on a mage that has long range, or an ap bruiser who MR was only so effective on. Like sure it was nice but it wasnt like "Im buying this for the MR" You buy it for the passive. And SO FEW mages (mainly AP bruisers) Bought it. And even then i feel like some still can since some AP bruisers weave autos anyway. The main reason it got reworked was because it wasnt a CARRY item. ADCs only bought it to TRY to survive, since it is so god damn stat inefficient but actually living is nice. And even then id argue the MR is more useful for AD champions than even AD. However since it gave both tank stats and a revive the only people RELIABLY picking it up was tanks. Back in the season 5 tank meta from hell. There would be 2-3 tanks on either team, and every single one of them would buy GA. And then the 4 damage dealers in the game would die. And even though half of both teams were still alive, you'd be damned if anything was happening in that game for the next 70 or so seconds. The tanks will take 20 or longer seconds to kill eachother. And you'd bet every tank was alive because of GA. And then they added stoneplate which does near the same thing as GA... and every tank buys it... yay. (although it is a bit more fair on tanks than old GA was.) TLDR: The MR was more useful on everyone in the game than the AD. The change for AD instead of MR didnt magically make the item more problamatic. The only reason the MR needed to go was because every single tank would build it at the time and NOTHING would get done after a teamfight because only tanks were alive. In fact you could argue the season 5 tank meta was solely caused by GA itself back then.
: at the same time, it could also mean that the alternatives just aren't good enough dota: horrible learning curve and terrible interface (seriously, try scrolling individually through 100 champions in a line, that's Dota if you don't know exactly what champion you are going to use and then you have to do that in 30 seconds) blacklight retribution: not a moba, declining player count command and conquer: all of the current players do not speak english except for that rare occasion you meet ONE player that does... starcract: almost the above but only SLIGHTLY more popular DDO: declining player count (which was one of the hit games before league), gear restricted for higher levels, pay wall or 2 hours of endless grinding for 1/32nd of the requirements of a content WoW: huge download, level 20 wall for free players, very generic appearance (though I appreciate this if it reduces the graphics requirement) unnamed MMORPGs : games that are so unknown that they hide behind pay-for content runescape: I played this for only a few hours because it was nothing but an endless grind of get X to beat Y MOBA games: can't comment on them because I would be playing league but can't due to external problems including being on a budget PC
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OceEzpIl,comment-id=000d000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-13T05:04:16.830+0000) > > at the same time, it could also mean that the alternatives just aren't good enough > > dota: horrible learning curve and terrible interface (seriously, try scrolling individually through 100 champions in a line, that's Dota if you don't know exactly what champion you are going to use and then you have to do that in 30 seconds) > > blacklight retribution: not a moba, declining player count > > command and conquer: all of the current players do not speak english except for that rare occasion you meet ONE player that does... > > starcract: almost the above but only SLIGHTLY more popular > > DDO: declining player count (which was one of the hit games before league), gear restricted for higher levels, pay wall or 2 hours of endless grinding for 1/32nd of the requirements of a content > > WoW: huge download, level 20 wall for free players, very generic appearance (though I appreciate this if it reduces the graphics requirement) > > unnamed MMORPGs : games that are so unknown that they hide behind pay-for content > > runescape: I played this for only a few hours because it was nothing but an endless grind of get X to beat Y > > MOBA games: can't comment on them because I would be playing league but can't due to external problems including being on a budget PC A lot of those games are pretty strange examples. But even then. Trust me there are plenty of other games or online games for people to enjoy. If league is your ONLY solace there is a much bigger problem going on.
Show more

Skorch

Level 90 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion