: Aside from shroud, what else is strong on Akali?
Here is why people have a big problem with her W and kit   1. It invalidates ganks You want to gank her welp sucks to be you buddy because all she needs to do is press W and that's it your gank failed and you might be tempted to say well {{champion:238}} can invalidate ganks with his W as well, while that is true the thing about his W is that it's Zed's only escape/disengage and that's it and if he W's away you can still see him and target him or even chase him down. But when it comes down to ganking Akali there isn't much you can do after she uses her W or should i say there is no point continuing the gank because not only are you unable to see her you aren't even able to reveal her not only that the shroud expands and covers more ground and on top of that she also has 3 dashes if you ever decide to go all in on her if all goes to hell she always has an escape/disengage at the ready. And if you say well just wait until she uses W well she still has E and if she uses both of these she is in a safe spot and you can't get to her either way... Unless you are Camille and you still try to gank her to just have her Ult away to safety again. And sure you got her ult but who cares because good akali players will play safer if their ult isn't up.   2. it's frustrating to play against her mainly because Akali mains know that mages shit on her mid so they choose to go top because most top laners are melee and when she is played top lane she bullies every melee champion the same way teemo bullies melees. * She pokes them with her Q and auto which does so much early * If you try to turn and engage on her she uses W and E or if the Akali thinks that you can kill her and she is level 6 she can just ult away to safety which makes it extremely annoying and frustrating to play against her. * And to top it off she has great engage either with her E or her Ult which has a short stun and if you're about to say yeah but it's so short that it doesn't even matter, it does matter and landing the stun can mean the difference between you living and dying because let's say you are running in a straight path and she lands that stun now you have stopped moving which means that now whoever is with her can also catch up and close the distance because you have now stopped moving.   3 . This is the main issue people have with her and that is that her W gives her stealth even under YOUR turret i can understand giving her stealth vs pink wards and  {{item:3364}} but i will never understand why they would give her the ability to remain invisible and untargetable even under your turret...   ##TL;DR: Please read it, i spent some time writing this. And yes i rambled a little but what you gotta do it happens but either way have a good day!
: can a mod suspend me from commenting on the boards?
This is like asking Mcdonalds to ban you so that you can lose weight...
Rioter Comments
: Patch 9.1 Rune Changes (My Version)
I didn't read your post but i upvoted cuz it looks good and you put a lot of work into it. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Earrl (EUW)
: Well possibly one more year or so ? I mean they lost 40% activity on euw servers this season...
I like how you just said a random % {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: you guys are just cheapshit freeloaders :)
> you guys are just cheapshit freeloaders :) How does wanting to spend money on a free game make me a freeloader???
: I cant stand pbe anymore
It was way WAY worse before they opened signups. Every single game there would be people calling each other racist and bigoted names because there was no ban system and nobody and i mean NOBODY got banned. People have always gone afk on the PBE and there is no way for Riot to fix that because the PBE itself crashes/bugs out and it makes people disconnect or just sometimes stops a game and returns you to the client as if the game you were in didn't happen. Don't talk about times that you didn't experience yourself because the PBE used to be a toxic wasteland before Riot added a ban system after the new client came out. Nowadays if you say some racist or homophobic shit or are just toxic you get punished.
Rioter Comments
: Prestige skins (as far as I know) are designed to be extra rare, and allowing the skin to be purchased through tokens only does exactly that
> [{quoted}](name=Projectile Vomit,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=R9irBVEr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-11T15:57:33.816+0000) > > Prestige skins (as far as I know) are designed to be extra rare, and allowing the skin to be purchased through tokens only does exactly that The problem with that is that you have to purchase RP to then purchase the Pass to unlock the Tokens and then you have to gather enough tokens in order to buy her... If the point is to make her Rare why not just make her available for purchase for only one day or something like that?
: (Opinion) Akali is getting too much hate.
>AOE CC > W, late game is not good Problem with that is that you have to get to the late game and in this state of the game you almost never reach late game >alot of people still can't play her properly, lower elo play her more (not effectively, hence the low win rate) because there is simply more people in low elo (ban rate is rougly similar). That is part of the problem, unlike Yasuo who is still a target for hate you at least need to play him properly in order to outplay and beat your opponent in lane. Akali however bullies every melee champion without any effort because of how her kit works and she is effectively immune to ganks because of her W and E and not only that if things get rough she can even use her ult to escape She also has too much escapes and engages and she even has a disengage which grows in size to cover a wider area and also makes her undetectable by turrets for some reason... All of that makes her extremely frustrating and annoying to play against especially when you are playing a melee champion vs her because you soon realize that all of your attempts to engage on her are invalidated by her E or W or even Ult sometimes...
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E45AyExY,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-02T21:20:54.538+0000) > > I can't take the current state of the game anymore... So i'm just gonna fuck off to the PBE and play Nexus blitz and whatever else comes after it. > > See y'all in season 10. > #Peace! You assume season 10 will be better for you, whatever that may be like. I like optimists, good for you!
Thanks bud! In my opinion it's always better to keep an open mind so as to keep yourself from becoming too cynical.
Skorch (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E45AyExY,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-03T09:46:07.311+0000) > > Since i'm not going to be playing on the live client for the rest of this season i think it justifies saying that i'm skipping the season. > > Unless you count the PBE... Which would be a mistake since the PBE exists in it's own separate reality. > > And the it's currently the only place in League where i can have fun and enjoy myself. All it is, is live 1 patch later. Sure some things change during PBE. But it is still playing season 9. Just not playing Season 9 competitively (competitively not meaning ranked, but just serious games in general)
Also when champions get bugged on the PBE you can do crazy shit with them for a while which is super fun XD
Skorch (NA)
: But..... that's not skipping season 9.
Since i'm not going to be playing on the live client for the rest of this season i think it justifies saying that i'm skipping the season. Unless you count the PBE... Which would be a mistake since the PBE exists in it's own separate reality. And the it's currently the only place in League where i can have fun and enjoy myself.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=esmq1djb,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2018-12-01T19:42:30.057+0000) > > Multi billion dollar company wants free labour... > > No thanks, i think i'll pass! {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}} I think it'd look nice on a resume!
Some companies don't even let you use them as a reference...
: Penguin has a point, though. You can call it what it is, and it is free labor. But there are also benefits, as you mention, such as an item on a resume and potentially relevant experience. The value of the trade-off differs between people, and that's completely fine.
And because there are people that think like you and the guy above, companies will continue to take advantage of people's dreams and aspirations, by either underpaying them *cough* Blizzard *cough* *cough* or not paying them at all by calling it ~~free labour~~ internship... Their mentality is simple: Why pay people to do something when we can have them do it for free... We'll just call it, gaining experience! You are working for THE League of Legends website owned by RIOT games and you are still not getting paid for the work that you put in. Fucking 4chan pays it's mods maybe not much but at least it's something... >The value of the trade-off differs between people, and that's completely fine. Yes, it's fine when you are **getting paid something**, you aren't doing charity work ffs... You remind me of that dog that is sitting in it's burning house while sipping from his cup of coffee and saying "This is fine" FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act, a federal law) Companies sometimes decide to actively ignore it because they don't think people will complain. In order for an unpaid internship to be exempt from minimum wage laws, all of the following have to be true: * The internship has to be similar to the type of training you would get at a vocational school. * The internship has to be for your benefit (not necessarily for the benefit of the company, more on that next). * Your employer can't get any immediate advantage from having you there. In fact, the opposite may sometimes be true. Having you there could be a disadvantage to the company. * You can't "take the job" of somebody that they would normally have to pay. You actually have to work under the close observation of a paid staffer. * You aren't necessarily promised a job at the end of your internship. * Both you and the employer both understand that you aren't being paid (seems pretty straight forward). So, if all of those are true, then the company isn't violating the Fair Labor Standards Act and don't have to pay you. It is a little different for non-profit organizations because people can volunteer for them.
: [CLOSED] We're Recruiting Moderators for the NA Boards!
Multi billion dollar company wants free labour... No thanks, i think i'll pass! {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}}
Moody P (NA)
: This Volibear is thinking. What is he thinking about?
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gxoc1pTW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-01T07:15:28.920+0000) > > I think that post like this are just preaching to the quire... > > We all play the game, we all know what the current situation is, so post like this start to feel like they are copies of each other. > > We all know that Riot doesn't listen when it comes balance and gameplay, they do what they want and have shown that they don't plan on changing their direction no matter what. > > That's why i feel like post like this are copies of each other because they all sing the same tune over and over :/ I see where you're coming from however while many posts have stated the issue of games ending fast and turrent plating making little to no difference, i didn't find anyone mentioning midgame tbh. And to be completely honest i lowkey was letting out abit of steam in a polite manner with this one since i got frustrated over the past few games.
> And to be completely honest i lowkey was letting out a bit of steam in a polite manner with this one since i got frustrated over the past few games. I know the feel, which is why i didn't downvote.
: If you were smart...
>One for pro's and serious players and one for the casual player. That is such a bad idea because it doesn't make any sense! Allow me to break down what you said: 1. Let's create two separate LoL clients one that has all the Ranked modes and only that just a client for ranked queues that has the current meta. 2. And then you want to have a casual LoL for the casuals that contains all of the normal queues, nexus blitz and other game modes with a meta that is different than the current one. Do you understand what that means? It means Riot would have to balance Two separate metas which effectively doubles the amount of champions they have to balance to 284 because each champion reacts differently to the meta that they are in, some become good while others become dogshit. >You don't see NBA players playing with random teams on the streets. This is also a bad example and here's why: NBA professional basketball is ranked queue Street basketball is normal queue.
: From 0 to 100 real quick
I think that post like this are just preaching to the quire... We all play the game, we all know what the current situation is, so post like this start to feel like they are copies of each other. We all know that Riot doesn't listen when it comes balance and gameplay, they do what they want and have shown that they don't plan on changing their direction no matter what. That's why i feel like post like this are copies of each other because they all sing the same tune over and over :/
: I'm banned from boards but can comment and create discussion?
What is the point of boasting about it? Do you want to remain banned? I don't understand why you would point this out.   ##This is like someone escaping from prison and then going to the police station to say that he should be in prison... {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: Got Lunar Eclipse Leona for FREE from a Reroll !
Hope that you are a support main otherwise that skin is just gonna collect dust... I got Elementalist Lux from an S chest but since i'm a top laner i rarely ever play lux. Played the shit out of it when i got it doe, but then i just went back to playing my prefered roll :/ Also did you get both forms or just one?
: Original content right here folks. Now if only someone could post a topic about Dark Harvest we'd be all set.
I have a feeling that the Posters are just fishing for likes at this point :/
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ImWRf31k,comment-id=004b,timestamp=2018-11-28T19:27:02.366+0000) > > I don't want to be that guy but, you realize that the moba market has settled right? > > I mean look at HOTS it's made by big money Blizzard and that game failed to become a thing simply because they were too late to join the party... > > Unless you have deeper pockets than Blizzard i don't see your game taking off at all. Blizzards game mostly failed because League players saw too much new stuff added to it. In our eyes, we believe players will want something more similar to League. HOTS has a bit more complications to it, which can turn many players away. If they invested a lot of time into League, odds are they don't want to have to do it all over again learning a new MOBA that has tons of different things. The only thing HOTS had similar to League was the nexus, and 3 lanes. Their jungle was different, there isn't really a mid river, they have walls, just everything is pretty much different.
>If they invested a lot of time into League, odds are they don't want to have to do it all over again learning a new MOBA that has tons of different things. Their problem was that they released HOTS in 2015 Which is 6 years after League and 2 years after Dota 2. Had they released it before Dota 2 came out it would have been one of the MOBA kings, but they came in after everyone had already settled in with either Dota 2 or League. >HOTS has a bit more complications to it, which can turn many players away. Have you played Dota 2? It's basically LoL on extreme difficulty.... >The only thing HOTS had similar to League was the nexus, and 3 lanes. Their jungle was different, there isn't really a mid river, they have walls, just everything is pretty much different. Man if you look at League when it released, it was a steaming pile of garbage and it looked like it too... But it was free to play and it was easy to get into and it came at the right time in history which meant people were more forgiving when it came to the graphics and compared to Defence of the ancients (Dota 1) which looked like an RTS game, it was the best option... When HOTS came in the picture, players already had League for the casuals and Dota 2 for the hardcore which left HOTS somewhere in the middle.
Escheton (EUW)
: Phrasing it like this is going to get you sued. Hard. You are basically admitting to using their intellectual property. You might wanna say it is similar too Lol. Possibly inspired by. But as is, you will have a problem if it kicks off.
Oh hush up. League is a direct rip off from Dota and Dota is direct rip off of Warcraft 3...
KluPL (NA)
: A team of mine is making a new game based off League of Legends (MOBA)
I don't want to be that guy but, you realize that the moba market has settled right? I mean look at HOTS it's made by big money Blizzard and that game failed to become a thing simply because they were too late to join the party... Unless you have deeper pockets than Blizzard i don't see your game taking off at all.
Rioter Comments
: You can stack dark harvest twice off sion.
Illaoi should be able to abuse it since her E's soul is considered a champion because before they changed it Illaoi players would take kleptomancy and proc it on the E ghost. So i can see Dark Harvest Illaoi becoming a thing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=btm9pbgB,comment-id=00010000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-21T02:55:00.797+0000) > > They actually had to because otherwise AP mid laners weren't able to push turrets when you compared them to AD mid laners. > > That's why they made their autos scale with their ap when autoing a turret because it otherwise puts them at a disadvantage because unlike AP that only empowers your abilities, AD also makes your auto attacks do more damage, > > Because if we take Veigar for example and said that late game he had 1000 AP he would still do only 95 Attack damage to the turret. And if he wanted to push turrets he would have to build either {{item:3100}} or {{item:3115}} which ment that if any mage wanted to split push they would have to buy specific items in order to do more damage to towers, which was unfair because all AD champs had to do in order to do more damage to turrets was to just build AD. > > So rito in order to make it fair to AP champions the made a portion of their AP do damage to the turret when they auto attack them. I get that, but we are at a point where later game, ap mages do more damage to turrets per auto attack than adcs
Absolutely agree. That's when it becomes a balancing issue. And we all know how long it takes for Riot to address and issue so that they can fix it if at all...
Cynikul (NA)
: Hahaha people complain it's league of tanks, people complain when assassins are too strong, that adc's are useless, that there's not enough damage, that games are too long... Now its too strong and the games are too short/decided too quickly. The league community humors me.
So let me hear your opinion on the current state of the game. Because unless you're not playing the game, you have an opinion about it. Unless you're one of those people who act like they have no opinion just so that they can mock and laugh at those that do.
Cynikul (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZRfzPFFj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-21T03:05:22.535+0000) > > Not happening... > > Riot wants more one shots and kills for the LCS because they think that's what makes LCS exciting to watch, kills and oneshots. > > That's why they continue to nerf vision, because they want to make it as hard as possible to stay safe and protect yourself from ganks. > > So that they can prevent the 15 - 20 minute first blood games where everyone is playing super safe and are just farming up for a late game teamfight that will often decide the winner of that game. > > But in the end we the casuals are the ones that get screwed the most... Can you show me a fiscal year where Riot _profitted_ in esports. Profit, not just made money, thats vital. Even if these crazy conspiracy theories are true, how exactly can one blame a company for making a game look more appealing. Really I wouldn't blame them even if that _were_ the case, which they have 2 goals in mind like most companies: "How do we make a game thats fun/replayable" and "How do we make money?"
>how exactly can one blame a company for making a game look more appealing "Looks can be deceiving." {{champion:7}} >which they have 2 goals in mind like most companies: "How do we make a game thats fun/replayable" and "How do we make money?" This is where your logic becomes flawed: * It wouldn't be an issue for them to make the game LOOK better when being watched by viewers if those same viewers didn't play the game at all. * The real problem is that we the viewers also play the same game the pros are playing which means whatever meta Riot pushes for the LCS that's the meta that we viewers/players have to deal with, and right now it's a oneshot meta where god forbid you play an adc or a squishy champion, you will die before you even have time to react, which is not fun, at least to me it isn't I never understood how the players can justify Riot the COMPANY, literally screwing over 99.9% of it's player base by making the game Fun to watch, but unfun to play, by saying "Hur dur Riot is a company and companies need to make money" They make money when people are playing and enjoying the game because it makes the person say "I enjoy playing this game i want to support the company that made it" but if the players are not enjoying the game and are thinking of quitting they are neither going to watch LCS or buy or support Riot.
GigglesO (NA)
: One shots are still too common
Not happening... Riot wants more one shots and kills for the LCS because they think that's what makes LCS exciting to watch, kills and oneshots. That's why they continue to nerf vision, because they want to make it as hard as possible to stay safe and protect yourself from ganks. So that they can prevent the 15 - 20 minute first blood games where everyone is playing super safe and are just farming up for a late game teamfight that will often decide the winner of that game. But in the end we the casuals are the ones that get screwed the most...
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=btm9pbgB,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-21T01:14:05.607+0000) > > There is a reason why Riot had to make mage's AP affect the turrets when they auto them. > > Because otherwise an 800 AP mage with 60 AD would do next to no dmg to turrets when they would auto them... They shouldnt have, will give clear roles, mages for cc / wave clear and adc for turret dmg
> They shouldnt have, will give clear roles, mages for cc / wave clear and adc for turret dmg They actually had to because otherwise AP mid laners weren't able to push turrets when you compared them to AD mid laners. That's why they made their autos scale with their ap when autoing a turret because it otherwise puts them at a disadvantage because unlike AP that only empowers your abilities, AD also makes your auto attacks do more damage, Because if we take Veigar for example and said that late game he had 1000 AP he would still do only 95 Attack damage to the turret. And if he wanted to push turrets he would have to build either {{item:3100}} or {{item:3115}} which ment that if any mage wanted to split push they would have to buy specific items in order to do more damage to towers, which was unfair because all AD champs had to do in order to do more damage to turrets was to just build AD. So rito in order to make it fair to AP champions the made a portion of their AP do damage to the turret when they auto attack them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=btm9pbgB,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-21T01:14:05.607+0000) > > There is a reason why Riot had to make mage's AP affect the turrets when they auto them. > > Because otherwise an 800 AP mage with 60 AD would do next to no dmg to turrets when they would auto them... That has nothing to do with the topic though.
excuse you, but i was replying to someone, and wasn't talking to you.
MrBigB1 (NA)
: What do y'all think of Neeko?
Other than her overloaded ultimate i think she is great. Got to finally play her on the PBE after she got disabled for a while and i really enjoyed playing her.
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pBBFb1AE,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2018-11-21T01:04:21.290+0000) > > No, you don't stop pretending like it matters to you. > > If you cared you would be making post about every character that is assumed to be straight aka 99% of them... > > You are trying to act like it's a big deal that Riot confirmed that she's a lesbian, when it's not a big deal at all and it's just a part of her character. I don’t believe it’s a big deal. That doesn’t mean it’s not worth discussing, at least the way I see it.
Nobody talks about how 99% of new champions are just assumed to be straight, but everyone starts talking when a character is confirmed to be LGBT... Nobody was wondering if Pyke, Kayn, Kled, Darius or even Jax are gay when they were being released, because everyone just assumes that they are straight. And because they are made up characters there is no way for anyone to know if a character is LGBT without their creators pointing out/stating it. That's why i say that it doesn't matter and is not a big deal, because all that it is, is just information about the character that you would otherwise be oblivious to.
: To be fair every auto attack on every champion does AD damage regardless of how magical their attacks are in nature. If they changed that it would be pretty arbitrary.
> To be fair every auto attack on every champion does AD damage regardless of how magical their attacks are in nature. There is a reason why Riot had to make mage's AP affect the turrets when they auto them. Because otherwise an 800 AP mage with 60 AD would do next to no dmg to turrets when they would auto them...
: > [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pBBFb1AE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-21T00:50:36.963+0000) > > Why does being gay need to add to their story? > > Do you get mad when there are characters who are straight without it 'adding to their story'? Yes I do. As I mentioned it adds to the story of varus because Kai and Val (I believe those are their names) have an interesting love vs evil dynamic with varus. Illaois situation expresses her personality and garen and katarina have a forbidden love element. If they randomly mentioned swain wants to bang Leblanc it is would also be unnecessary.
No, you don't stop pretending like it matters to you. If you cared you would be making post about every character that is assumed to be straight aka 99% of them... You are trying to act like it's a big deal that Riot confirmed that she's a lesbian, when it's not a big deal at all and it's just a part of her character.
: My 10 Cents On the Neeko Controversy
>Firstly, I have no issue with gay characters when it adds to their story as do the souls within Varus (whose backstory shows a passionate love resisting against a great evil). Why can't the character just be a lesbian jungle woman-lizard? Why must LGBT characters have to be deeply traumatized and have a deep and compelling backstory for you to not have an issue with it??? And what is this issue of yours? >Neeko being lesbian adds nothing to her character Yes it does, it helps flesh her out as a character, it shows who the character is on a personal level, instead of the surface level: "she's just an animal-human that has the same abilities as a chameleon..." >what we know about Runeterra. What does Runterra have to do with anything? The topic is Neeko the character and who she is as a person/animal. Not the League of Legends world! >Garen’s suggested romantic feelings for Katarina adds an interesting Romio/Juliet Good/Evil flavor. No, it doesn't because Katarina doesn't even have a voice line addressing her relationship with Garen. And the ones that garen has are implying that he has a thing for her and is trying to impress her. > Illaoi’s past relationship with Gangplank reflects her strong independent personality and devotion to her god. Wrong again, Illaoi says it herself "How could I love only one man? They break too easily." Illaoi from the get go is a badass bitch that doesn't need nobody but her god. >Neeko’s sexuality was confirmed by a twitter post for little to no reason. It was confirmed by the person who worked on the character... And he confirmed it because otherwise it's just left as a hint or a suggestion. When Riot confirms it, that information becomes canon instead of just fan theory.   #PS: Stop trying to blow this out of proportion.
: What is the point of making melee minions have more DPS than caster minions?
And they do AD instead of Magic damage which is what they should do because they are holding wands that they use to shoot lasers with...
: I Personally Love The New Champions Riot Has Been Putting Out
Yeah, but the problem with that, is that these "Unique" champions tend to lack counterplay and are extremely annoying and frustrating to play against...
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PL3Tl4Fw,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-11-18T01:06:41.403+0000) > > Bad examples, while they might be designed for a specific role in mind their kits have high damage and poke potential, which a allows them to be played in other lanes. > > While Leona's kit is specifically made to CC and damage mitigation only, which is why she does that job much better than anyone else. > > A great example is Maokai his kit is similar to Leona's, he can CC and mitigate damage too, but he can't do it as well as Leona because he was given Sustain and the ability to do more damage. > > Leona is one champion that i can say is balanced because what she lacks in terms of damage, sustain and escape she makes up for in great CC and Damage mitigation > > Calm down, we're not in court. > > You just don't get it do you... > > Leona has one job and she is amazing at it. >   > ##That is what makes her special and unique. > > Yes, people should have the option to pick role specific champions like Leona aka Pocket picks. Thank you for the criticism. If Leona stays the way she is that will be fine with me, she allowed me to endure the mess that is ranked queue. On a completely unrelated topic, are some of the ideas I mentioned interesting ideas for potential future champions?
>On a completely unrelated topic, are some of the ideas I mentioned interesting ideas for potential future champions? Of course they're good ideas. I think the reason people downvoted was because you struck a nerve, Leona over the years has remained a simple and reliable pocket pick. And people including me don't want that to go away. If you didn't mention Leona i would have been like "Hell yeah dude, sounds cool."
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=fZcEfRGm,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-17T23:36:52.927+0000) > > 1. That's your opinion. Right... as everything you say here is YOUR opinion. > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=fZcEfRGm,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-17T23:36:52.927+0000) > > 2. You're being rude for no reason. You not liking what I say does not equal me being rude. > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=fZcEfRGm,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-17T23:36:52.927+0000) > > 3. You are creating hypotheticals so that you can have an argument. That's precisely what you were doing. > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=fZcEfRGm,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-17T23:36:52.927+0000) > > 2. You are using "Stipulate" wrong... If you need to argue semantics, maybe you need to access the validity of your stance. Especially if it isn't for the sake of clarifying the statement, it's a no value statement that is just an attempt to attack at something other than the argument itself. > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=fZcEfRGm,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-17T23:36:52.927+0000) > > 3. You're also making a lot of assumptions. My only 'assumption' is what RIot's opinion is... which I got from what they've said. > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=fZcEfRGm,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-17T23:36:52.927+0000) > > What does "Because you can claim what you think ranked does" mean? You said "Ranked is not for experimenting. Try new things but only after you tried them on normals first!" That's you claiming what ranked should be.... So the sentence is kind of self explanatory and no idea how to break it down further for you. > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=fZcEfRGm,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-17T23:36:52.927+0000) > > Everyone can say that... Doesn't make it true. Yes, i believe that is called 'lying'. Similar to saying "Ranked is for serious play", or "that's trolling", it's no basis in what actually is and if someone is legitimately trying just because people call it trolling, or griefing. If they are legitimately trying to win, then it's not trolling or griefing in Riot's stance from everything I've read on their opinion on the matter. If someone is lying that is different, but it bears down to he said she said. You claim they are lying. They claim they are not. > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=fZcEfRGm,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-17T23:36:52.927+0000) > > Is it going to change or not? Make up your mind... What precisely do you think I'm talking about there? Because I'm not flip flopping on anything. Because "it" in that sentence references Riot's opionion on what is trolling (aka if you're trying to win, you're not trolling), which is not going to change which I base it off of it remaining relatively static in the last few years since those high profile Nunu support / Singed support cases. > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=fZcEfRGm,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-17T23:36:52.927+0000) > That's why normal queue is there, so that you can try things out and see if it works without affecting their ranked MMR because a loss on Normal queue doesn't matter but a single loss on Ranked can cost you or someone else a promo or a demotion both of which lead to a lot of frustration... > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=fZcEfRGm,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-17T23:36:52.927+0000) > 1. That's your opinion.
>You not liking what I say does not equal me being rude. It actually does, because you being rude towards someone is up to interpretation of the person you are addressing (me) and if i interpret you as rude, that is what you are. You referred to my comment as "whining" and i interpret that as you being rude. (the following is an example) A racist never thinks he/she is being racist until someone interprets what they are saying as racist. (this is an example im not calling you a racist) >That's why normal queue is there, so that you can try things out and see if it works without affecting their ranked MMR because a loss on Normal queue doesn't matter but a single loss on Ranked can cost you or someone else a promo or a demotion both of which lead to a lot of frustration...   >1. That's your opinion. That's actually a fact not an opinion... You have nothing to lose when you lose a normal game! How is that an opinion?
: > [{quoted}](name=Smokin Penguin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PL3Tl4Fw,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-18T00:11:05.413+0000) > > She isn't stuck being support she was designed to be a support! > > It's the same as saying that Braum is stuck being a support when that is what he is intended to be... > > Not every champion should be playable on every lane or role! Ok, first let us tell people to keep Zilean in bot and Brand in mid. Second, I never said that I wanted every champion to be playable on every lane or role. Third, just because they are mages doesn't stop people from taking Ryze or Viktor top lane. The idea is to give people OPTIONS.
>Ok, first let us tell people to keep Zilean in bot and Brand in mid. Bad examples, while they might be designed for a specific role in mind their kits have high damage and poke potential, which a allows them to be played in other lanes. While Leona's kit is specifically made to CC and damage mitigation only, which is why she does that job much better than anyone else. A great example is Maokai his kit is similar to Leona's, he can CC and mitigate damage too, but he can't do it as well as Leona because he was given Sustain and the ability to do more damage. Leona is one champion that i can say is balanced because what she lacks in terms of damage, sustain and escape she makes up for in great CC and Damage mitigation >Second, I never said that I wanted every champion to be playable on every lane or role. Calm down, we're not in court. >Third, just because they are mages doesn't stop people from taking Ryze or Viktor top lane. You just don't get it do you... Leona has one job and she is amazing at it.   ##That is what makes her special and unique. >The idea is to give people OPTIONS. Yes, people should have the option to pick role specific champions like Leona aka Pocket picks.
Show more

Smokin Penguin

Level 137 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion