: Shaco is in Dire Need of Bug Fixes and Changes
> Now to the Shaco changes we would suggest: >Changing E to magic or reverse adaptive damage Upping the base damage of E slightly Changing box arm time from 2s to 1.5s Upping box's health (AP scaling?) Changing invisibility duration from 1.5s - 4.5s to 3s - 4.5s Increasing the duration in which Shaco can proc his Q damage from 0.25s to 1s Changing the way the execution works on Shaco's E Slightly higher clone explosion range Higher clone explosion damage Change the clone AI Range indicator of max range where clone teleports back to Shaco So... like straight buffs on everything? Literally everything? Go figure ask any champion's mains about a champion and they insist they need buffs... Q = more duration to get bonus damage, longer stealth duration W = detonates faster, lives longer E = literally asking for more damage R = more damage, more range Like I get it- he's weak right now. I respect wanting bugs fixed and your champ not left weak (I played Mordekaiser for years after all) however I would argue he *needs* to be weak because his kit is almost pure cancer and doesn't deserve to be strong in any way because if it was then there's almost literally nothing you're allowed to do about it. Where's the outplay potential for Shaco? Drop a pink so you can see him in his Q? Nope- that's not a thing anymore. Either Oracle or nothing and Oracle STILL doesn't let you interact with him. Wanna defuse a box as melee? Nope- it's going to fear you and there is no amount of outplay on the planet that will let you do so unless you destroy the thing ASAP when he sets it down. Are you going to juke his skillshots? Nope- he doesn't have those. Wanna kill the real Shaco with actual skill and avoid his clone? Nope- he directs the clone right up to you even after death so it explodes, does damage, and CCs you. The outplay potential for a champion should never be- "Just don't go near him or interact with him in any way". Shaco is literally the Yasuo that existed before Yasuo- he's loaded with tons of extra power and is reliant on his user screwing up to outplay. The only reason the community isn't full of Shaco threads with the **exact** same complaints they have against Yasuo is Shaco is weak.
Manxxom (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rose Muffins,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xHg6oMfO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-14T17:47:50.713+0000) > > I can't deny the skin is absolutely amazing to look at... But I did audibly groan (in a room by myself) when I saw who it was in the trailer. Something about Pyke getting a Project skin didn't sit with me. Maybe I just don't like Pyke? A lot of people hate pyke for the wrongs reasons... Mainly his heal, but reminder he cannot build tank so he isn't as broken as terms as tahm kench.
> [{quoted}](name=Manxxom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xHg6oMfO,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-14T17:50:56.840+0000) > > A lot of people hate pyke for the wrongs reasons... > Mainly his heal, but reminder he cannot build tank so he isn't as broken as terms as tahm kench. Pretty sure it's the AoE execute.
FSRER (EUNE)
: Same goes for damned hecarim who you will also cc but his E will go out anyways.
It's particularly janky to headbutt him as Alistar. You'll end up doing some anime shit where you both shoot past one another and THEN move in regards to your respective CC abilities.
Shahamut (NA)
: Putting him back the way he was would give him actual carry potential and make him an actual duelist again.
He's got the strongest CC in the game- he **shouldn't** be an actual duelist.
MaFyO2154 (EUW)
: the game would be less toxic if the game would be more enjoyable
It's funny because overall I've seen a decline in toxicity over the years in my personal games compared to back when I started- perhaps people invite toxic behavior in their games and so see more of it? Naaah.
Shahamut (NA)
: When is Skarner going to get some love?
> Skarner is a perfect candidate for at LEAST a revert. I would argue otherwise. Yes he's not as powerful now but at least he's interesting. Yes he's locked behind a mechanic that turned out poorly but again, it's interesting and different from everyone else. Putting him back to the way he was just means you end up having to rebalance around that- at which point you might as well put forth the effort to update him going forwards instead of back. I'd rather they try again to update the kit rather than send it back.
: Teemo can rarely be a lane bully anymore.
I mean I've been able to beat Teemo as damn-near any traditional toplaner for years. Dunno if that means most Teemos I run into aren't good or Teemo himself relies too heavily on his opponent not playing correctly against him. I've never felt bullied by a Teemo past a few minutes or so.
: Streamers are a big reason of why community is toxic
The game has been full of toxic players literally since I started back in... I'm going to say 2013 or perhaps a year or two later. I even had toxic friends: Some would feed on purpose because they hated their team Some would deliberately refuse to surrender to keep their team in a game to make them suffer Some would AFK in the base but keep nudging their keyboard so they weren't hit with the hammer And one of them was so bad at the game I've always thought he HAD to be trying to be such None of them followed streamers or Youtubers. They just were college guys that had enough spite in them to want to hurt their team more than they wanted to win if their team pissed them off.
Stone766 (NA)
: Riot, please DON'T remove Qiyana's jungling capabilities
The multi-element part of her kit certainly implies she's expected to get around. No role moves as much as a Jungler.
: If you're not willing to build vs the problem, don't complain about it.
I remember waaay back when I played OG pre-all-reworks Mordekaiser top against a Renekton and the guy built no MR whatsoever- even after I'd kept up a steady stream of kills and had destroyed his second turret like 10 minutes in and was having absolutely no trouble walking up to the third. Typed in all-chat, "Bro build MR against me." He did not. He also did not win.
: > [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6aGaANWF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-24T18:12:17.547+0000) > > youre unhappy that the item doesnt live up to its name? > > fine, have a compromise: rename it. It's not that i'm unhappy but it's a little inconsistent that's all, would be a nice touch. Additionally, a lot of people have been saying how Tanks have limited item diversity and the options are not always the best for what they are looking for.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6aGaANWF,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-24T18:18:30.636+0000) > > It's not that i'm unhappy but it's a little inconsistent that's all, would be a nice touch. No it isn't. It **adapts** to each individual *different* application of magic damage by reducing it. The item does exactly what the name says it does. It does not adapt to just anything but it doesn't have to adapt to everything to still be an adaptive helm.
: Please don't nerf Taric or Sona, just disable the support item interaction with each other, like if there are 2 support items in the vicinity of each other, their passives get disabled, so it can't be abused anymore.
I mean that kinda screws over anyone who wants a double-melee botlane.
Rioter Comments
: PSA: Mordekaiser has a very simple HARD COUNTER; This is how you beat him, as a laner OR jungler
I feel like Warwick might be a decent opponent since when you both head to the 1v1 realm you pop your E W and proceed to maul Morde to death if you buy Wits End. If at any point you start feeling low just Ult and watch your healthbar suddenly replenish as 100% of your ult and 100% of wits end plus your passive all heal you up.
: > [{quoted}](name=CD8,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jAvngqZa,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-06-10T15:46:31.808+0000) > > wouldnt that mean that anivia, zyra and Taliyah would be AD? What I am saying is nothing in this game has ever made sense in terms of what type of damage it does.
I think waaay back in the day Alistar actually scaled with AD or did physical damage or both. But the cow was so strong they changed him to be magic and never looked back.
: Taric counters AD assassins like Qiyana
Taric is a vastly underrated champion- has been for years. His ability to engage in a slugfest and not only keep himself but whoever he's linked to shielded and healed while he engages in the manliest of battles wielding his most dangerous weapon (his abs) is second to none.
: > [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1GNqHu2A,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-07T20:18:30.627+0000) > > looking at her kit > > where do we have high mobility? > that tiny dash is garbage Look at the gameplay. Q and W are basically URF.
I'll look at actual gameplay on PBE before I put value in a trailer.
Jaspers (EUW)
: What I find weird is they balance by reducing champs MS by 5, upping their base attack damage by 3 here or there in SR to give the champs counterplay. In ARAM it's "Akali is struggling as an assassin in ARAM as all of them struggle because it's ARAM. +10% damage, -10% damage taken." Now she can one oneshot easier, heal more and survive longer. No one wants that.
Because in ARAM you start at level 3 so changing your starting stats doesn't do much? And you level way faster than in SR?
KazKaz (OCE)
: Then why are mage supports allowed?
You say "allowed" like Riot has some magic method to keep mages out of support.
Sir Gusi (EUW)
: What's your most hated champs to play against
{{champion:35}} No hesitation. None. No matter the mode no matter the year or meta- he's my ban. Because I just hate facing him. Always have and always will. I could whine about him all day but for one specific thing that's recently been touched on- his boxes are the most anti-fun trap in the game. Because you can't do anything against them as melee. Before you could disarm them with a sweeper or oracles- now you're just screwed. Regardless of whether you know it's there- you've zero agency in removing it and that feels *horrible*. Shaco pops down a box and you know what- that area of the lane is now lost to you. You can't blow them up with abilities, you can't disarm them by attacking them (as a melee) without triggering them, you can't see them either, you're simply SoL because he pressed W.
: To all Volibear and Fiddlesticks Enthusiasts
The problem is that while I love Fiddlesticks I can also very easily admit the kit I love isn't healthy *at all*. So I now have to ask myself what should change about him to both preserve his memory while still moving onwards to making him a better experience to play as and against. And his overall lack of lore doesn't give much area to spring from so there's ultimately a lot less I'm particular about for him and his new lore.
FkValeRly (EUW)
: you have to literally play like a silver to throw leads at this point
: > [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UVdvGyjl,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-02T05:06:28.210+0000) > > Simple answer: because they are often so outdated that the way they play doesn't fit in the game. That, or they have a kit that can't be balanced around its core mechanic. > > I've said this to other people on other threads, but reworks are not for the people who _like_ the outdated/bug-riddled/unbalanceable champions they're based on. > > And this Mord is far more akin to the REAL Mordekaiser, not this sham that you newer players have always known. While the old champions were outdated, new champions are beginning to have a problem where they are TOO modern to the point where their kits have been adjusted to over the top levels. Irelia, Akali, and Aatrox are the 3 largest offenders of this, and while Irelia has been for the large part toned down to an adjustable level, Aatrox and especially Akali have been facing huge issues in discrepancies between skill levels. Akali's kit has so much in it that she just isn't weaker or stronger at any point in the game, making Riot have to nerf her entire presence. Then comes her actual mechanics, which also made Riot nerf her so that she wasn't overbearing in pro play. Newer champions that are examples of this include that whole Zoe to Sylas saga. Neeko and Yuumi are perfectly fine examples of champions that have modern kits, but are generally fun to play and don't require extremely high levels of skill. Sylas and Zoe are perfect examples of what not to do.
: Here are Morde's updated skins
Getting some real Kingdom Hearts vibes from King of Club-Kaiser there.
Axxuka (NA)
: You're not sad they didn't keep the Soul control part of his ult ? It feels like Swain rework to me. By that I mean : even if the rework is great, I feel like they neglected a key part of the kit (For Swain they scrapped everything tbh... it's not that bad for Morde) . From my understanding, the project was iceboxed for months because they kept trying to keep the soul ult, but what's your opinion on it ? Smacking people with a mace ? Still there. Magic Aoe ? Claw is there Old W ? Passive now Shield : New W and feels more predictable to play against from their wording. But the ult ? I feel like the soul slave part was important. EDIT : Why the downvotes ? it's a legit question, I like the new ult ! Been following MM threads for a while and I thought Soul crushing/Control was core to Morde, but I'm wrong fine.
> You're not sad they didn't keep the Soul control part of his ult ? Given that it was quite possibly the most bugged/inconsistant ability in the game- yeah I'm sad it's gone but I'll be plenty glad for it to work better.
: Understand the champ before you get mad at the person playing them
"Support didn't shield me- report." I was {{champion:25}} and my ADC was {{champion:51}} ulted. "My shield wouldn't help." My ADC proceeded to believe it would indeed have helped and flamed the whole game.
: Yeah thats some crazy ass bs, karthus can still cast that dumb moronic ult after he's died. Global ults should be eliminated. Ezreal, Ashe, Karthus, Lux, etc should be within a certain range only. Its just r%%%%%ed stupid that they can travel/affect the entire map.
ParkerY (EUW)
: These Changes are a mess. WE (Diana Mains) are already sad because this champ feels so weak in comparison to others. You are planning to buff an already strong Master Yi and nerfing an already weak Diana. Definitely not the way to make this game more balanced. Get this out of our faces pls.
Atta boy- tell those Rioters trying to help off for something said Rioter may have nothing to do with. That's how we encourage interaction in these parts. /s
Rioter Comments
: yeah but that's only for the first 5 minutes of the game. If you sit and auto as someone as {{champion:101}} {{champion:99}} or anyone else who shouldnt be in auto range ur gonna die.
Unless there's some item that makes them more durable while also dealing damage... Aka, a bruiser AP item.
: > [{quoted}](name=nosafterburn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lI1uNeyA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-16T20:46:19.703+0000) > > the problem with AP bruiser items is that most mages can (and probably would) pick them up, and it would become a nightmare for the balancing team. NO ONE wants to hear MORE bitching on these boards. we already have enough of that. There are ways to prevent this. For example, we could have an item that empowers your next ability after an auto attack. We could have one that is based on 500 range. We could have one that adds damage reductions based on stacking auto attacks. As long as its range of auto-attack oriented, full AP mages won't be able to use it
Full AP mages can AA just as well as the bruisers. Some of them even prefer to do so because they get something out of it: {{champion:142}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:99}}
FSRER (EUNE)
: Get Yummi out of my game!
If your teammate is the type to pick a new champion when they don't know them- that same teammate is likely to sink you anyways even without them. It's a symptom- not a cause.
: Replace "none" ban with "pass" to another teammate
Honestly for people who don't think any champion is excessively broken and don't want to counterpick- you can still ban a champion that pisses you off. I perma-ban Shaco and don't feel the slightest regret for it. The champion is possibly the most toxic design in all of League and I don't want him in my games. He's not OP. He's not a counter to me. He's not even necessarily someone I can't beat at the given role. But I don't like him and don't want him in the game. And so I ban him.
: Let us read ability info, level-up info, and other facts about our champion in the loading screen!
Frankly it's not needed. The data is a million places online. And in the client itself already. Just look it up prior to champ select.
: Vote for a Champion VGU for 2020!
I definitely chose Volibear since I believe there's some new lore about him basically being this undying walking wound of death bear-god and so help me that's not the direction I get for him now and it is a direction I very much would like to see him go more towards. Fiddlesticks was my runner-up and for all his faults you can't really argue he still IS a scarecrow running around using black magic. To a degree he still matches the lore unlike Volibear who in almost no way resembles what I believe he should be. The more physical nature of Voli's current kit (charge forwards, bite, slam ground, cast lightning with every blow) also makes me think he should have priority over Fiddlesticks as he's a mage and so honestly regardless of what his model animation is- at the end of the day the spell itself is what people care about instead of how the spell looks. It's more important (IMO) that Voli's physical skills be telegraphed as opposed to Fiddlestick's because it's very important whether Voli is charging at you with his Q, healing with his passive, got his full frenzy stacks for his W, etc.
: There is one thing that bugs me a bit... Everyone seems perfectly cool with Garen casually destroying a solid stone structure. Like are the buildings in Demacia super fragile? Or is Garen just freakishly strong? I'm secretly hoping Garen might have some secrets of his own, but I guess we'll see, until then I'd like to know if anyone else find it weird. Other than that, good first issue, looking forward to the next.
Remember Legends Never Die and Garen's training hauling around huge statues? Demacia's best boi is strong.
Nekone (NA)
: People forget they also make more skins for champs that are easier to make skins for. Zyra for example is harder to make skins for because of the nature of her kit/particles. While someone like Ezreal or Lux fit in just about every thematic and are much easier to make skins for. Same goes for Rek'Sai. She's a monster champ she's hard to come up with stuff for. they make skins based off ideas they have too.
This is true, I forget what champion has the most stuff you have to work with to make skins, I coulda sworn it was Illaoi for some reason.
: Warwick's death sound is way too loud.
Oh okay that WAS me dying as Warwick that caused that. I did wonder where the giant unexpectedly loud noise came from- normally I play with the volume so low I hear almost nothing so it was quite the shock.
: That's because there should never be situations where queues take longer than 3 minutes unless at the very top or very bottom of a matchmaking system. It's not some stupid conspiracy that you're making it out to be. It's simply how such systems work. If you play at 3 in the morning you should know why it takes you forever to ifnd a game.
I play at 2 in the morning and still rarely if ever take 3 minutes to get a game.
AlfieOwO (EUNE)
: Please start perma banning people who afk in games
So I was playing League at an apartment building (not one I live in I was visiting) and the fire alarm went off. I of course left the room and did not return for some time due to it being a fire drill and needing to keep everyone out of the building while the fire department did their job of checking everything along with the residents and the manager/whatever the person in charge of the building is called. I should be perma-banned for that?
Bazerka (NA)
: Question: How do you view Riot?
Somewhat of a tricky question. Riot itself is a company. Rioters are members of Riot. Rioters I generally consider of the people as the times I interact with them out of game and a few times in it they've been nothing but helpful and good to speak to. Riot the company however is a company- the bottom line is the dollar line which I assume is what prompted the question. Obviously a happy fanbase typically means more dollars so the two often coincide.
: Just it being based on the "flavor of the last 5 years" shonen rather than an actual classic kinda proves it anyways > [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ZYjjvE7B,comment-id=0003000200000000,timestamp=2019-05-01T01:34:00.656+0000) > > Shonen anime has love interests. You can't really have a proper Shonen anime without some form of love interest. Guess HunterxHunter, One Piece, OPM (as far as I'm aware), YakuNeba, and I could go on, aren't shonen then xd
If you think One Piece doesn't have love interests, you're not paying attention. If you think OPM is a "proper Shonen" when it's literally satire, you're paying if possible even **less** attention.
: It's the same reason why they: 1) Are doing less VGU and more new champions because they can make more money off of them. The vast majority of the community are in favor of mini-VGU but Riot doesn't really make money off of those. 2) Take abilities, kits, gameplay identities from older champions and re-imagine and basically update them for new champions. 3) No matter the champion, skin line, or what these Developers tell you, there will always be champions that are part of the major skin lines as well as getting skins within a 5 to 6 month gap. The Developers don't care.
> 1) Are doing less VGU and more new champions because they can make more money off of them. The vast majority of the community are in favor of mini-VGU but Riot doesn't really make money off of those. Boy I bet you've got some real compelling evidence the "vast majority" of the community wants champions updated compared to new ones.
: Battle Academia Skins (Ezreal, Graves, Katarina, Jayce, Lux and Yuumi)
I've never cared about Prestige skins until right the hell now because Lux. What do I have to do? You want my left arm?
: I think that is in large part due to the way ARAM rolls are weighted. For example, if there were 100 champions...you would expect each to have a 1% chance of appearing. I don't believe this to be the case though. I'm fairly certain that the free week rotation champions (the last 3 sets in ARAM) are weighted more heavily than other champions. So, instead of having a 1% chance for each champion, you then have 42 champions who have a 2-3% chance of being selected, with the rest still only being 1%. Completely made up percentages here, but I hope it illustrates my point.
I do believe there's a hidden weight of some kind. Because I own all but perhaps 10 champions yet I frequently see repeats and seldom, if ever, have rolled champions I own but never use such as Zed for example. I think I've rolled him once in all my years of spamming ARAM. I'm quite sure the system somehow factors in mastery because there's no other good reason I should get Mordekaiser as much as I do.
: I agree that there needs to be some kind of item to counter knock ups since it’s the only displacement without something to reduce its duration and it’s very common. The only problem is finding out the numbers. I think weighted boots is a good idea, just depends on its numbers.
Roughly 1/3rd of the CC in the game is knock-ups and displacements last I checked (admittedly several months to even a year ago). It's common yes, but it's common because it's meant to do a certain job that it can't fail to do, CC someone with no ifs, ands, or buts.
: This is factually incorrect according to RIOT. "The number of "ARAM only accounts" is actually REALLY low. The sample size doesn't actually give meaningful data." https://twitter.com/Mortdog/status/1118567454572072960 I have no idea how they classify an ARAM only account. It very well could be that if any account has ever played a Blind Pick or w/e, then it's not an ARAM only account........but that being said, the facts point towards your claim being false.
Well given that Riot can actually SEE what accounts own what and how many champions they have... Players have always only-ever had a portion of the data. You can't see the rerolls the enemy team had, or their champion pool, to know how truly random it was. All you ever know about the enemy team's available champions are the ones you have, the ones in your pool, and what they come to the match with.
: > [{quoted}](name=Icy Hot Shoto,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZHEgIHfz,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2019-04-28T22:10:17.155+0000) > > Sadly they wont unlock every champ in aram because it would lose them too much money to unlock all champions for one game mode. Except, they eventually did it for Nexus Blitz.
During testing mind you. If it came back permanently such a decision might well be reversed.
: You can now preorder the Lux Comic via Marvel
Lux was my original main so I'll definitely be getting these.
Paroe (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SociopathFriend,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EEKIXrBw,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-12T05:57:27.488+0000) > > Well no the best buff would be to change him again and ideally avoid both what makes his current kit a problem and what made his older kit a problem. > > And that, frankly, is the R. Without his R being point-and-click the rest of his kit can be evolved into something useful. > > The problem of course is that the R is the main reason most people play Malzahar. That his old kit was 'toxic' is a myth perpetuated by people who never understood malzahar or his weaknesses. His old kit was one of the most balanced in the game and he held a very small niche of being an _anti-assassin_. His playstyle was ambush predator; when someone went all in on him, using their mobility to close the gap, he assassinated THEM instead of the other way around. Most people who complained about malzahar at the time were (is it shocking?) Assassins, Vaynes, Lucians, Rivens, and Fioras. Champions with very strong all-ins who were easily shut down by malzahars single-target (Malzahar was also easily shut down due to his immobility versus their burst; tit for tat). The only champion who was arguably more balanced was _swain_ at the time who had received only one nerf (a rework to his passive that wasnt really a nerf). Fact of the matter is, the problems present in old malzahar are even worse in the current iteration of him and in his current state he _FEELS_ very weak because his damage was slashed by over 400+1.2AP and his waveclear (which is the worst of all battle mages and most regular mages) is very bad without his one-shot-by-design voidlings. What NEEDS to happen is the following; 1) Malzahars passive needs to be reworked from a spell _shield_ to a spell _sword_. 2) Malzahars voidlings need to be _buffed_ to their pre-rework state, including being summoned automaticaly once stacks have been reached. 3) An active component can be added to malzahars voidlings to _frenzy_ them. 4) Malzahars E needs to be buffed to 320+0.8AP over its duration. Its a DoT, it is inherently MUCH weaker than burst. 5) Malzahar needs 550 attack range and 345 movement speed. He is not a support and his is immobile, he should never had had his base stats touched in the first place. _____________________________________________________ Theres also the very real fact that malzahar is held to a disturbing double standard when it comes to interaction and counterplay. Zed, Talon, Ahri, Leblanc, Fizz ALL have 0 interaction kits who either farm safely until they can all in or who have the sheer mobility to decide when a trade happens. They all also farm MUCH better than malzahar, shove MUCH better than malzahar, and have _MUCH LESS_ counterplay than malzahar does. Malzahar is immobile. If hes shoving mindlessly you ask for jungle support and pop his long CD passive. Malzahar has short ranges. Punish him when he tries to do stuff. Malzahars voidlings die in one auto and have at most 350 or so HP. Malzahars Q has a very long wind up AND animation. Punish it, and dodge it. If his E is on YOU hooray, he just lost 120 mana for a 240+0.6AP ability that cant even clear casters in the five seconds it takes any assassin and most mages to clear the entire wave! Zed? His Q range is over 1000 and has a base damage of 360+1.2 bAD, potentially 500 plus something like 1.6 bAD if his shadow shurikens hit you too. Ahri? 120+0.35AP magic +120+0.35AP _true damage_. It goes from safely behind her melee behind your casters, and its easy as heck to land with a low cooldown. Leblanc? She Ws at you. Its instant. You cant avoid it without burning mobility. Fizz? Point and click, applies on hit effects and he just tricksters away with invulnerability. **_But its okay for THEM to have low interaction kits because theyre mobile, amiritefellas?_**
> That his old kit was 'toxic' is a myth perpetuated by people who never understood malzahar or his weaknesses. His old kit was one of the most balanced in the game and he held a very small niche of being an anti-assassin. His playstyle was ambush predator; when someone went all in on him, using their mobility to close the gap, he assassinated THEM instead of the other way around. Most people who complained about malzahar at the time were (is it shocking?) Assassins, Vaynes, Lucians, Rivens, and Fioras. Champions with very strong all-ins who were easily shut down by malzahars single-target (Malzahar was also easily shut down due to his immobility versus their burst; tit for tat). I mained Malzahar for several seasons- and his kit was not fun to play around for **anyone** and for the same reasons he's not fun to play around now. If he presses R you're not allowed to play the game for 2.5 seconds and there is nothing you can do about it- especially if he flashes. Almost once per game I would have someone in all-chat complain about the R back in the day and you'd find the same complaints in-game today. That IS toxic by most measures of the term for the same reason Annie Tibbers stun is considered toxic. The bouncing visions WOULD be toxic if they hadn't been gutted in damage to the point of nigh-uselessness- Fiddlesticks isn't supposed to have an overly strong E for similar reasons. I happen to LIKE those abilities but that doesn't mean they aren't designs that should be changed. > 1) Malzahars passive needs to be reworked from a spell shield to a spell sword. 2) Malzahars voidlings need to be buffed to their pre-rework state, including being summoned automaticaly once stacks have been reached. 3) An active component can be added to malzahars voidlings to frenzy them. 4) Malzahars E needs to be buffed to 320+0.8AP over its duration. Its a DoT, it is inherently MUCH weaker than burst. 5) Malzahar needs 550 attack range and 345 movement speed. He is not a support and his is immobile, he should never had had his base stats touched in the first place. 1) I disagree but mainly because Malzahar does not have a sword, he has a sacrificial dagger, used for sacrifice not combat; specifics would be the point of that call. 2 and 3) I do agree making the Voidlings more central to Malzahar's kit was a bad decision but it's one the community seemingly overwhelmingly wanted despite Riot openly stating minionmancers are hard to balance. Their impact needs to be lessened so that Malzahar can function better- there's no minion-based champion that has ever been just "okay". Heimer, Zyra, Azir, even Oriana technically have all traditionally been pains to deal with. 4) Remember one reason it's weaker is you have an opportunity to refresh the Duration with both of Malzahar's other spells, potentially getting tripled Duration. 960 + 2.4AP from *vision damage alone not counting other spells* does not sound healthy. 5) No comment on this
Show more

SociopathFriend

Level 159 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion