: It's more deep rooted than just bullies in a game or in school, i have a long history of feeling negative ever since i can remember.
> [{quoted}](name=Kirbanator,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9VUTo15k,comment-id=001e0000,timestamp=2018-12-07T21:32:24.880+0000) > > It's more deep rooted than just bullies in a game or in school, i have a long history of feeling negative ever since i can remember. that doesn't mean you should be kicked out
: Goodbye 6+ years account
The fact this person was bullied into feeling bad about typing negative things is sadly disturbing on a deep level.
: ADCs are OP - Rioter
lol there is something in LA's kool aid
Jo0o (NA)
: That's not a fair analogy. The comparison of hate speech or "kys" to physical assault isn't to suggest that verbal abuse is an equivalent. It's that verbal abuse is against the letter of the rules, and is harmful and disruptive. The comparison is to demonstrate how and why the punishment system functions, not the degree of the crime. Conversely, you're commenting _precisely_ on the degree of the "crime" against the people. You're suggesting that a behavioral system encouraging and enforcing good, sportsmanlike behavior is somehow the equivalent of slavery. It's completely different, and it's also complete bullshit.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Fm8R13WY,comment-id=000400000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-06T00:28:16.078+0000) > > That's not a fair analogy. > > The comparison of hate speech or "kys" to physical assault isn't to suggest that verbal abuse is an equivalent. It's that verbal abuse is against the letter of the rules, and is harmful and disruptive. The comparison is to demonstrate how and why the punishment system functions, not the degree of the crime. > > Conversely, you're commenting _precisely_ on the degree of the "crime" against the people. You're suggesting that a behavioral system encouraging and enforcing good, sportsmanlike behavior is somehow the equivalent of slavery. It's completely different, and it's also complete bullshit. Just like the analogy that words can equate violence isn't fair? Because the kys argument only gains its "legitimacy" at the point you illogically leap to say "you broke the rules with verbal abuse, which is in line with assault." Assault implies violence at a minimum, or at the very least physical contact which words just aren't. The only thing that gets harmed is ego. Your ego isn't physical. Besides, even if you didn't like my analogy, you got the point I was trying to deliver and that point fundamentally stands. Its hard enough to get some people to tow reasonable lines, and shitty rules hardly get followed. If you wish to debate why the rules are "shitty" I'll extrapolate. First off, they aren't universal across all regions. That drops incentive for them to be respected They catch and punish actions that were already manageable with immediacy by the player. The more frustrating and degrading actions were not prioritized into any sort of immediacy, with a "on faith" confirmation that might come later. Turning one of the few avenues of catharsis that didn't involve throwing the game (flaming) into a punishment with immediacy only highlights the failures and frustrations the players experience further. Flaming and cursing and using bad language although not accepted as "professional" use of language still exists in a grey area of right/wrong. Its subjectivity alone should've been enough for the company to say "thats why we gave you mute". But Riot took a stance by making this system in only two regions, and that implies hypocritical standards. Transparency could alleviate the frustrations with the current system to at least give the players more than an "on faith" response from robots, but that means Riot's success/failure would be laid bare. I doubt that will happen Lastly, everyone hates trolling/afking/throwing. Those are the actions that have always been at the top of the players' "please fix" list. If it was a cake, then a system focused on punishing bad behavior with more immediacy and possibly transparency would be the cake itself. Since we had a mute, getting rid of MW2 language would've been an overly sweet frosting at best. They gave us all frosting. - If you like a cake that is 90% frosting, you are a misguided individual and I pray you find a better palette and I hope you don't get diabetes
Jo0o (NA)
: "Play nice with others" isn't even close to "Enslave your fellow humans". I'm aware of the concept of intentionally disobeying unjust rules, as a statement against tyranny. You're going to need to offer a LOT of evidence to suggest that Riot trying to crack down on toxicity is even slightly worth comparing to slavery.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Fm8R13WY,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-06T00:09:31.710+0000) > > "Play nice with others" isn't even close to "Enslave your fellow humans". > > I'm aware of the concept of intentionally disobeying unjust rules, as a statement against tyranny. You're going to need to offer a LOT of evidence to suggest that Riot trying to crack down on toxicity is even slightly worth comparing to slavery. yet such extreme comparisons are drawn on the opposite end for why I shouldn't be able to tell you kys. As long as you can justify shutting me up over feelings I think I can compare the shitty rules to other shitty illogical rules such as slavery or censorship. And surprise, when rules are shitty people will break them willingly.
: I agree they shouldn't be playing if they're going to try and steal roles, but trolling isn't going to do any good. Stick to your guns, don't give up your role, mute them if you need to. They'll be the ones to either opt into a loss or they'll work around you keeping your role. I'm not speaking hypothetically either, I've done this a handful of times myself.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wPwH8XvV,comment-id=0006000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-06T00:03:23.558+0000) > > I agree they shouldn't be playing if they're going to try and steal roles, but trolling isn't going to do any good. Stick to your guns, don't give up your role, mute them if you need to. They'll be the ones to either opt into a loss or they'll work around you keeping your role. > > I'm not speaking hypothetically either, I've done this a handful of times myself. Idk, telling me to behave and stick out a 20-30 min loss with less than desirable individuals for the sake for what? I've been in this scenario too and its just as cancer to be competing with someone for your cs, while your team flames and thinks its funny that this is happening to you lol I mean they're skewing the game from min one so your secondary reaction to that shouldn't carry so much weight. I see zero motivation for cooperating ---- OP just happened to be punished for it, which is unfortunate because there are other trolls who do it full time and never get caught I can't look at a group of players and expect them to remain sportsmanlike when there are so many people dicking about and getting away with it
SonicAF (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=lWWEleEB,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-12-05T09:40:11.274+0000) > > I mean, most of the time the punished player has the information they need. The disconnect is how they present that information while complaining about their punishment. As long as your punishment is not related to zero tolerance policy, you are never presented with games that got you punished. You are presented with a small fraction of them and people on boards assume that having one meltdown in the reform card is enough to justify a punishment. It doesn't. It's not a proof that you do this consistently. It's not sufficient to realize "I guess I really do this every time I lose" or "hey, it's just one game, wtf Riot".
> [{quoted}](name=SonicAF,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=lWWEleEB,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-05T10:06:57.165+0000) > > As long as your punishment is not related to zero tolerance policy, you are never presented with games that got you punished. You are presented with a small fraction of them and people on boards assume that having one meltdown in the reform card is enough to justify a punishment. > > It doesn't. It's not a proof that you do this consistently. It's not sufficient to realize "I guess I really do this every time I lose" or "hey, it's just one game, wtf Riot". NA/EU standards aren't universal - why ask players to follow a policy Riot doesn't back across the board?
Jo0o (NA)
: It couldn't possibly be only 18 instances of chat violation, since even if he was using hate speech we're still talking 14-day ban followed by a perma. So, 36 cases minimum. But even if it were just 18, does breaking the same rule 18 times, regardless of what rule it is, not strike you as batshit insane?
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Fm8R13WY,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-05T23:57:05.111+0000) > > It couldn't possibly be only 18 instances of chat violation, since even if he was using hate speech we're still talking 14-day ban followed by a perma. So, 36 cases minimum. > > But even if it were just 18, does breaking the same rule 18 times, regardless of what rule it is, not strike you as batshit insane? If I protested slavery and freed slaves 18 times for which I was jailed 18 times would you call me batshit insane or am I just unwilling to respect ridiculous rules?
: It's hard to enjoy a match with a very negative and feeding support
But there's at least one person like this almost every game ---- kind of takes away from wins and losses.
Jo0o (NA)
: Are you seriously suggesting that somebody can get banned 18 times due to _understandable rules confusion?_ Seriously?
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Fm8R13WY,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-12-05T23:44:40.892+0000) > > Are you seriously suggesting that somebody can get banned 18 times due to _understandable rules confusion?_ Seriously? No, i don't think there is any confusion about NA and EU having pretty ridiculous standards under which you can be punished ---- ones that aren't shared on all servers. I think its hilarious because I bet you it was 18 instances of chat violation Maybe op sprinkled in a few legitimate inting games with some tears---- but probably didn't actually get banned until typing occurred.
: And instead of saying "We'll see how your Fizz support works", and going mid with *any* other champion and playing normally, you intentionally fed. If they come mid too, so what? You were already willing to accept a loss on the game, let it be because *they* are acting out of line, not because you are.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wPwH8XvV,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2018-12-05T15:46:40.365+0000) > > And instead of saying "We'll see how your Fizz support works", and going mid with *any* other champion and playing normally, you intentionally fed. > > If they come mid too, so what? You were already willing to accept a loss on the game, let it be because *they* are acting out of line, not because you are. Oh yeah lets just pretend we aren't upset and let fizz do what he wanted while the other 3 back him up and all 4 flame you. TBH I don't blame OP people who do that don't deserve to play let alone take the W home
: I never dodge queue. Maybe because I'm a Silver scrub but still. Give people a chance and don't dodge. If someone is having a bad game, try to cheer them up. If they steal a buff from the jungler then help the jungler clear another camp. A few CS missing isn't going to kill you. If someone trolls you, it happens. But just like you got promos before you'll get them again. I've gotten my promos countless times and I've completed and lost them countless times. It's just points and it's just a game. Have fun improving not winning.
> [{quoted}](name=OtakuBurrito,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ll0HpFko,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-05T19:39:37.412+0000) > > I never dodge queue. Maybe because I'm a Silver scrub but still. Give people a chance and don't dodge. If someone is having a bad game, try to cheer them up. If they steal a buff from the jungler then help the jungler clear another camp. A few CS missing isn't going to kill you. > > If someone trolls you, it happens. But just like you got promos before you'll get them again. I've gotten my promos countless times and I've completed and lost them countless times. > > It's just points and it's just a game. Have fun improving not winning. You're assuming that saying nice things to league players accomplishes anything --- it doesn't
Jo0o (NA)
: Fuck me sideways, if you've gotten banned 18 times, you've had all the chances in the world to alter your behavior. Riot could have the most draconian system in the world, and it would still be on you for not figuring out how to color within the lines by now.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Fm8R13WY,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-05T22:06:37.917+0000) > > Fuck me sideways, if you've gotten banned 18 times, you've had all the chances in the world to alter your behavior. Riot could have the most draconian system in the world, and it would still be on you for not figuring out how to color within the lines by now. lol Riot doesn't have set lines to color in, or else Korean servers would ban for flame too.
: You've been banned 18 times, Riot is "literally" telling you to leave this game. Quit it already.
> [{quoted}](name=IanSilang,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Fm8R13WY,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-05T21:10:43.953+0000) > > You've been banned 18 times, Riot is "literally" telling you to leave this game. Quit it already. I actually support him coming back so he can remain unbanned and the afk/trolls can be banned instead
: Banned after one bad game
Without watching the replay Idk if you were inting or not But 14 deaths + 0 wards probably tripped something. I guess learn from it
Jikker (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SorenAlucard,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EW5bs7tN,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-11-26T20:38:41.055+0000) > > You shouldn't be replying to situations that you do not know all the facts about Ulanopo---- and honestly, as a critique to your position---- not to your person---- this kind of baseless answer you just gave thats gotten upvotes is misconstruing and therefore _dishonest_ > > I didn't harass _anyone_ and the content I was kicked off the boards for wasn't malicious or even _directed at Periscope_ > > So how is you're confidently saying that I was thread jacking a thread that didn't _involve Periscope?_ > > Do you not see my fucking frustration with your confident criticism? I've gone ahead and looked at your removal/ban. Your post was posted towards an Advisor who was not Periscope (that was an error), but still a poster nonetheless and insults/harassment towards anyone of any sort does fall under the Golden Rule for removal. The ban was at moderator discretion due to past violations. If you disagree with a ban, you can always appeal it by visiting the [Board Moderation Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) and pinging a moderator in the violation inquiries room. We prefer to do this sort of thing over the Discord since that's more private for your case. Nobody is perfect so if you ever feel something was unjustified, feel free to contact us and we'll double check. Hope that helps clarify things a bit.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EW5bs7tN,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T21:02:18.295+0000) > > I've gone ahead and looked at your removal/ban. > > Your post was posted towards an Advisor who was not Periscope (that was an error), but still a poster nonetheless and insults/harassment towards anyone of any sort does fall under the Golden Rule for removal. > > The ban was at moderator discretion due to past violations. If you disagree with a ban, you can always appeal it by visiting the [Board Moderation Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) and pinging a moderator in the violation inquiries room. We prefer to do this sort of thing over the Discord since that's more private for your case. Nobody is perfect so if you ever feel something was unjustified, feel free to contact us and we'll double check. > > Hope that helps clarify things a bit. It was not an insult or harassment, it was criticism. If I'm being taken off for criticism, then I don't think I'm being moderated fairly. I have an issue with any of your team, advisor or moderator at this point, saying I have a past history of anything when I don't think their judgment can be trusted at this point. I've filed tickets but I'm happy to declare what I feel to be wrong. If you're a volunteer, do not work for Riot, (and don't play that often, for that matter) I don't believe its fair to make response on these boards as if its from Riot themselves. And I don't mean opinions. I mean when they respond to threads and say things as they are speaking for Riot. Second--- People like Ulanopo shouldn't be getting on my threads confidently responding with misinformation--- and with an attitude that suggests that I'm only commenting to harass people or hijack threads. Passion is not harassment. Sarcasm is not harassment. I don't believe Ulanopo and Periscope should necessarily get through this scott free. I just happen to care enough to bring this to people's attention: How many times have they snuffed or misconstrued people on this board? I think it calls a lot of your team's integrity into question, or at the very least, the standards to which you teach them how to moderate/advise.
Rioter Comments
Ulanopo (NA)
: >So I am asking for myself, and for any other person interested, how in the fuck is that actually justified? You literally used your position to silence an opinion, not a disruption. The removal was for harassment. Periscope's comment was simply advice, which any boards user is welcome to give, as long as they can do so within the universal guidelines. That's kind of the point of the boards, after all. Your post was nothing more than thread-jacking, as any discussion from that point would have been about Periscope's qualifications to provide general advice rather than the original threat topic.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EW5bs7tN,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-24T00:04:39.830+0000) > > The removal was for harassment. Periscope's comment was simply advice, which any boards user is welcome to give, as long as they can do so within the universal guidelines. That's kind of the point of the boards, after all. Your post was nothing more than thread-jacking, as any discussion from that point would have been about Periscope's qualifications to provide general advice rather than the original threat topic. You shouldn't be replying to situations that you do not know all the facts about Ulanopo---- and honestly, as a critique to your position---- not to your person---- this kind of baseless answer you just gave thats gotten upvotes is misconstruing and therefore _dishonest_ I didn't harass _anyone_ and the content I was kicked off the boards for wasn't malicious or even _directed at Periscope_ So how is you're confidently saying that I was thread jacking a thread that didn't _involve Periscope?_ Do you not see my fucking frustration with your confident criticism?
: So why are you allowing players to intentionally feed again?
I literally just got a top laner who ran it down into objectives while telling his opponents GG after they killed him. I expressed discontent with his trolling, and the enemy team _defended his actions_. He didn't get a tower. He didn't get a single kill, and he didn't group. He's not going to get punished though Yeah not seeing incentive to really play this season like I have the previous. I'll probably be downgrading to aram on occasion and not buying any further content Player integrity doesn't seem to be a priority for the company beyond what you say in chat
: Not sure if this is the right place but...
Dead serious I said he shouldn't be misleading and saying things as if they were officially from Riot instant ban from Periscope. Not even a response from the moderator I called out
: lol you expect unpaid slaves with nothing to do irl to not abuse the only authority they have?
> [{quoted}](name=BRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EW5bs7tN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-23T19:39:43.380+0000) > > lol you expect unpaid slaves with nothing to do irl to not abuse the only authority they have? Touche
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Improving Report Feedback
: perma banned
"I can't hear you" -Helen Keller
: > [{quoted}](name=Scuttle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=gPEtPEZO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-02T15:49:22.154+0000) > But I've honestly never seen someone have 21 deaths without inting. Then you have never played with a low elo yasuo. {{sticker:sg-ezreal}}
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=gPEtPEZO,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-10-02T16:03:38.040+0000) > > Then you have never played with a low elo yasuo. > {{sticker:sg-ezreal}} {{sticker:sg-ezreal}}
Chermorg (NA)
: Kei almost always provides accurate information, if in a bit of an aggressive way sometimes. You just get mad at anyone you can and harass them for it if you find anything wrong with them or disagree with them
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2xN8no3x,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2018-10-01T02:44:36.092+0000) > > Kei almost always provides accurate information, if in a bit of an aggressive way sometimes. > > You just get mad at anyone you can and harass them for it if you find anything wrong with them or disagree with them That's a statement reaching very far, as per your usual MO The two of you enter threads and harass people. I don't know why; but you do
Chermorg (NA)
: You didn't realize anything. Riot does not ever release **any** information about punishment taken against other players. They won't tell you anything that even hints at that information. Had you muted them, you would've been fine. You chose to **retaliate**, which is just as bad as if you started it.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2xN8no3x,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-30T22:55:52.063+0000) > > You didn't realize anything. Riot does not ever release **any** information about punishment taken against other players. They won't tell you anything that even hints at that information. > > Had you muted them, you would've been fine. You chose to **retaliate**, which is just as bad as if you started it {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: Riot Supports Racism?
File a follow up ticket if you check the account in a few days and that guy is still playing Don't let up
Kei143 (NA)
: Calling them brain dead alone won't take you to h0. Chatlogs or it didn't happen.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2xN8no3x,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-30T22:54:38.275+0000) > > Calling them brain dead alone won't take you to h0. > > Chatlogs or it didn't happen. Don't listen to Kei--- he mainly enters these threads to antagonize he doesn't want to help
Ghost 275 (EUW)
: The Matchmaking System and how "fair" it is
True. The game has existed long enough to where this is no longer just a rumor in the mill. Many players agree matchmaking is atrocious, and needs to be fixed for the game to survive
Rioter Comments
Chermorg (NA)
: This is a you problem. You have an unhealthy and abnormal desire to enjoy the punishment of others. Reporting isn't about the justice for you. It's a flex of your proverbial muscle. It's you proving your horse is big. That's a problem with your attitude, not one Riot will support, nor will virtually anyone else in life.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NdmpEJey,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-23T02:22:44.559+0000) > > This is a you problem. You have an unhealthy and abnormal desire to enjoy the punishment of others. > > Reporting isn't about the justice for you. It's a flex of your proverbial muscle. It's you proving your horse is big. > > That's a problem with your attitude, not one Riot will support, nor will virtually anyone else in life. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: Death Threats.
Honestly, the chance of something happening is slim to none. Is it bad? Yes. Did you report them with a ticket? If not you can submit one directly through support. This post is a waste of time though. There really is no need to call to action even if you're shocked and experience this rarely. Be honest with yourself: You should've blocked the person as soon as they started typing a negative storm and filed your ticket then. I'm sorry this impacted you so heavily but really just move on and learn from the experience. You got trolled fam. Don't feed em further :P
: > [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=000200000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T19:30:40.611+0000)Update? I don't really see the need. Suffice to say I was able to explain the removals to the OP's satisfaction, at least as far as my takeaway from the conversation went. I don't really think going further into explanation here is necessary.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=0002000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T20:09:25.502+0000) > > I don't really see the need. Suffice to say I was able to explain the removals to the OP's satisfaction, at least as far as my takeaway from the conversation went. I don't really think going further into explanation here is necessary. Djinn beat me until I complied jk It was a good conversation and I'll be editing the post
: I mean disagree if you want but that is the use of it, I mean yeah you mute someone when you don't want to read their shit talking, but mostly you do it to shut someone up until you can report them. Riot has been very clear they don't punish for shit talking as long as it doesn't cross a line. If people don't like it, as along as it doesn't break the rules, then they can mute you. People just don't understand the difference between talking shit and being toxic. Shit talking is what you say with your friends and family, being toxic is how you treat people when you are a complete douchebag.
> [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T19:37:59.487+0000) > > I mean disagree if you want but that is the use of it, I mean yeah you mute someone when you don't want to read their shit talking, but mostly you do it to shut someone up until you can report them. > > Riot has been very clear they don't punish for shit talking as long as it doesn't cross a line. If people don't like it, as along as it doesn't break the rules, then they can mute you. People just don't understand the difference between talking shit and being toxic. Shit talking is what you say with your friends and family, being toxic is how you treat people when you are a complete douchebag. I'd love to agree with this if I wasn't told otherwise by support lol but you saying you do it makes me feel a little better that I never stopped.
: muting them is a band-aid to prevent them from distracting you or effecting you. It is to get you through the game until you can report them and have them punished. Shit-talking doesn't get you punished unless it crosses a line. I shit talk all the time, but the difference is I really try not to make it personal or at least not make it extreme to the point they are genuinely hurt. People shit talk all the time and it doesn't effect me, I have fun responding to it tbh, but there are a lot of times where it isn't shit talking anymore and that does piss me off. It is a game and its meant to be enjoyed and shit talking is part of that competitiveness, so when it crosses a line it isn't shit talking anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T19:28:28.762+0000) > > muting them is a band-aid to prevent them from distracting you or effecting you. It is to get you through the game until you can report them and have them punished. > > Shit-talking doesn't get you punished unless it crosses a line. I shit talk all the time, but the difference is I really try not to make it personal or at least not make it extreme to the point they are genuinely hurt. People shit talk all the time and it doesn't effect me, I have fun responding to it tbh, but there are a lot of times where it isn't shit talking anymore and that does piss me off. It is a game and its meant to be enjoyed and shit talking is part of that competitiveness, so when it crosses a line it isn't shit talking anymore. I disagree with your idea of the mute button. If you're shit talking and getting away with it you're simply getting away with it. I have submitted multiple report tickets on the subject of what you can and can't say and the bottom line is if you banter and someone doesn't like it then its on you.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Sorry. I thought my post was a compact yet unambiguous way of explaining my position, but apparently I was wrong about that. Here's the un-abridged version: I consider the aforementioned statement to be a very convenient excuse to omit any evidence for the outrageous claims you are presenting, especially since the statement itself poses **another** outrageous claim without any evidence. It is, thus, very difficult to even **have** a discussion as the basis for your arguments cannot in any way be judged. That means any counterargument has to be based on speculation of whether what you say is true, and if so to which degree. So at the end of the day we have a non-verifiable arguments and equally non-verifiable counterarguments. That's not a discussion, that's the equivalent of kids yelling "am not!" and "are too!" until one of them runs out of breath and is declared the loser of the "debate". As such my problem with this thread is, ironically, that there will not be anything anybody **can** bring to this discussion outside of speculative arguments and ad hominems, which this thread will inevitably devolve into. At that point the thread will likely be locked, you will feel your opinion validated and the cycle continues. In short: Without evidence, a thread like this is entirely pointless, apart from serving as a bilateral echo chamber.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T18:50:02.822+0000) > > Sorry. I thought my post was a compact yet unambiguous way of explaining my position, but apparently I was wrong about that. > Here's the un-abridged version: > > I consider the aforementioned statement to be a very convenient excuse to omit any evidence for the outrageous claims you are presenting, especially since the statement itself poses **another** outrageous claim without any evidence. > > It is, thus, very difficult to even **have** a discussion as the basis for your arguments cannot in any way be judged. That means any counterargument has to be based on speculation of whether what you say is true, and if so to which degree. > So at the end of the day we have a non-verifiable arguments and equally non-verifiable counterarguments. > > That's not a discussion, that's the equivalent of kids yelling "am not!" and "are too!" until one of them runs out of breath and is declared the loser of the "debate". > As such my problem with this thread is, ironically, that there will not be anything anybody **can** bring to this discussion outside of speculative arguments and ad hominems, which this thread will inevitably devolve into. > At that point the thread will likely be locked, you will feel your opinion validated and the cycle continues. > > In short: Without evidence, a thread like this is entirely pointless, apart from serving as a bilateral echo chamber. In short You still brought 0 to the discussion other than "why have a discussion"
: >The Boards Are practically screaming for reform and that the current behavior/punishment system is hot garbage. yea the people who have been punished maybe, but they also always get massively downvoted. So while some people are screaming about how unfair it is they were perma-banned for being overly toxic, no one is actually saying the punishment system is too harsh or needs to be dialed back. There are several instances of wrongful punishments, I have seen a couple that were completely ridiculous, but those are usually overturned within a couple days. And the system making mistakes does not equal it being too harsh. If anything the punishment system is too lenient, honestly someone trolls 1 or 2 games every so often and they get off free because 8 out of 10 games they aren't trolling. Well those 2 games add up over the years not to mention it negatively impacts at least 4 other people. There should be punishment for even occasional trolling/inting. The issue is it is hard to prove it without a shadow of a doubt that they were trolling/inting unless it is blatant or they state it in chat.
> [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-18T18:41:40.361+0000) > > yea the people who have been punished maybe, but they also always get massively downvoted. So while some people are screaming about how unfair it is they were perma-banned for being overly toxic, no one is actually saying the punishment system is too harsh or needs to be dialed back. There are several instances of wrongful punishments, I have seen a couple that were completely ridiculous, but those are usually overturned within a couple days. And the system making mistakes does not equal it being too harsh. > > If anything the punishment system is too lenient, honestly someone trolls 1 or 2 games every so often and they get off free because 8 out of 10 games they aren't trolling. Well those 2 games add up over the years not to mention it negatively impacts at least 4 other people. There should be punishment for even occasional trolling/inting. The issue is it is hard to prove it without a shadow of a doubt that they were trolling/inting unless it is blatant or they state it in chat. I think you've grasped my point then I don't really care about the people cussing up a storm or using chat to be racist; You can mute those people. If all they use chat for is bm I can see why they got restrictions. However when you can only be confident that shit talking will get you in trouble and not trolling then the system needs a serious re-evaluation even if it is "harder" to punish.
Keyru (NA)
: Boards Moderation Discord Verification
SorenAlucard 263797753048596484
Kei143 (NA)
: Haven't you learnt from your previous posts that majority of the boards disagree with your point of view?
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-18T18:29:04.919+0000) > > Haven't you learnt from your previous posts that majority of the boards disagree with your point of view? No just about 4 or 5 people including yourself that need to keep reminding me you don't agree {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: > [The Boards] Are practically screaming for reform and that the current behavior/punishment system is hot garbage. No. Those that have been punished, even having been warned multiple times, the problems in their behavior highlighted and explained, **those** are the ones screaming for a more lenient system, as they do not wish to change their behavior.
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-18T17:36:07.578+0000) > > No. > > Those that have been punished, even having been warned multiple times, the problems in their behavior highlighted and explained, **those** are the ones screaming for a more lenient system, as they do not wish to change their behavior. I'm not saying there aren't people doing that, but "those" aren't the only people asking for a difference. Stand on your high horse all day about them not wishing to change their behavior all day but it doesn't change the merit of the post. I'm still playing and I still think this punishment system is shit. You don't have to agree, but anyone with eyes can search why people don't like League like they used to and you'll find lots of agreement with my points. At least for NA/EU Personally, I think EU and NA would benefit from Korean standards of punishment. I'm not saying you should get on league and type %%%% all day but you shouldn't be babied for not using your mute button either--- another opinion I'm not alone in
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: >Not to mention, if you start putting evidence on the boards and get some real views, chances are your post will be removed. Well, that's **one** possible explanation for the lack of evidence in this thread.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-18T17:32:04.343+0000) > > Well, that's **one** possible explanation for the lack of evidence in this thread. and you've officially brought what to the discussion? Oh that's right, nothing :D
: I've played since season 2, I'm writing an average of 18 messages per game, have never received even a warning. You wanna talk about posts with evidence and actual content in them? Anything you could bring up would be beated by something published on the French boards recently. https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/fr/c/comportement-des-invocateurs-fr/svPWvN0b - I don't expect you to understand, just to see the scope of the thing. The study **proves** that the punishment system is too lenient. So these following interesting claims don't hold: > Say anything and risk getting punished. In addition if you start losing and getting flamed you can freely "punish" the rest of your team by reporting them and then playing worse on purpose. You can hold games hostage and if anyone says anything you can report them. You're also contradicting yourself. You're at the same time saying that people get punished too much and too little.
> [{quoted}](name=NightWind42,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-18T17:46:53.066+0000) > > I've played since season 2, I'm writing an average of 18 messages per game, have never received even a warning. > > You wanna talk about posts with evidence and actual content in them? Anything you could bring up would be beated by something published on the French boards recently. > > https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/fr/c/comportement-des-invocateurs-fr/svPWvN0b - I don't expect you to understand, just to see the scope of the thing. > > The study **proves** that the punishment system is too lenient. So these following interesting claims don't hold: > > You're also contradicting yourself. You're at the same time saying that people get punished too much and too little. The link does a good job of showing how the system works now, but I don't know if you can necessarily buy this as anything other than showing how the system works; not that its "good" or "better" for the game. That's my entire complaint. Idc that you've banned more players for cussing or hurting feelings; those guys could've gotten muted to begin with. There is no evidence that trolling or throwing games is the focus of the ban system, which it should be. Where's the evidence they are even trying/ are successful at it? That's what the true desire is. I should be able to confidently mute a flamer and if they take it further I should have confidence their actions will get them removed. I shouldn't feel like im trapped in 20-30 min games with an int feeder I can't even call out let alone trust a successful report about. The main thing the links given by your poster confirmed is Riot cares more about having players talk nicely to each other or else its considered assault and they don't want you in their community (Tantram)
: > [{quoted}](name=SorenAlucard,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-18T17:47:08.729+0000) > > I have multiple accounts. this is just the one i post from Then please let me know, because if stuff is being improperly removed I'd love to know about it so I can investigate and, if necessary, address it.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2018-09-18T17:49:39.084+0000) > > Then please let me know, because if stuff is being improperly removed I'd love to know about it so I can investigate and, if necessary, address it. I'd be happy to, give me a few minutes to respond to the rest of the thread. Is there a way to DM you? I'm really not trying to start a fight with anyone in particular, but it does feel like my critiques are often removed from here unnecessarily while similar posts will remain up
: I've played since season 2, I'm writing an average of 18 messages per game, have never received even a warning. You wanna talk about posts with evidence and actual content in them? Anything you could bring up would be beated by something published on the French boards recently. https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/fr/c/comportement-des-invocateurs-fr/svPWvN0b - I don't expect you to understand, just to see the scope of the thing. The study **proves** that the punishment system is too lenient. So these following interesting claims don't hold: > Say anything and risk getting punished. In addition if you start losing and getting flamed you can freely "punish" the rest of your team by reporting them and then playing worse on purpose. You can hold games hostage and if anyone says anything you can report them. You're also contradicting yourself. You're at the same time saying that people get punished too much and too little.
> [{quoted}](name=NightWind42,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-18T17:46:53.066+0000) > > I've played since season 2, I'm writing an average of 18 messages per game, have never received even a warning. > > You wanna talk about posts with evidence and actual content in them? Anything you could bring up would be beated by something published on the French boards recently. > > https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/fr/c/comportement-des-invocateurs-fr/svPWvN0b - I don't expect you to understand, just to see the scope of the thing. > > The study **proves** that the punishment system is too lenient. So these following interesting claims don't hold: > > You're also contradicting yourself. You're at the same time saying that people get punished too much and too little. No I'm not Im saying the system is skewed and faulty I never said people or do not get punished They're getting punished for the wrong reasons Please apply reading comprehension before responding Currently reading the link, will respond after
: >I have 7+ with thousands of views taken down protesting this system Your account has two discussions removed total, both for incorrect sub-board postings, and that's it (aside from two post removals for behavior). We don't remove ANYTHING for protesting the system unless it violates the rules in other ways. I'm really not sure where this is coming from.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uoOkwWhE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-18T17:43:41.836+0000) > > Your account has two discussions removed total, both for incorrect sub-board postings, and that's it (aside from two post removals for behavior). We don't remove ANYTHING for protesting the system unless it violates the rules in other ways. I'm really not sure where this is coming from. I have multiple accounts. this is just the one i post from
Rioter Comments
Phoenixdust (EUNE)
: SEXUALLY ASSAULTED?!?!? WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT?! I'm sorry for being a caps warrior there, but it just get on my nerves when somebody compares an opt-in chat with sexual assault. The fck is happening in your brain man?! So let me tell you some differences, since you clearly do not know what is the difference between words and irl sexual assault. 1. Words do not fckin hurt you, or leave you with permanent or temporary damage. While gettin' sexually assault does. 2. In real life you have no such opt-out option like in the game. If you could just disappear anytime in real life that would be a little bit different story, but you cant. If you are in a room with somebody stronger than you, good fckin luck disappearing... 3. And also, in real life if you have a little fckin common sense, you do not go in a private room with somebody (what you can not leave), who you just upset and ruined his fun and wasted his time and can hurt you and you can not leave it. In game you will do this, because you know you have NOTHING to lose, you go in this private chat, BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEY CAN NOT HURT YOU. It is literally impossible in the game. So what happened, this guy fcked up the game for somebody, knew that guy was upset, still joined the chat (KNOWING HE IN INVULNERABLE IN A CHATROOM), and then cries for gettin' flamed. And please, do not compare a real world real problem (sexual assult), with a made up online problem in chat. It just diminishes every victim of sexual assault, and makes fun or their problems. Or if you really do not know the difference between permanent real life problems and flaming, you can try pissing off some thugs and get beaten by them. After you are done with that find me on chat, and i will flame you on discord or skype. Then you can decide which one was worse and why. ;)
> [{quoted}](name=Phoenixdust,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KBHGQ3bq,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T11:53:29.774+0000) > > SEXUALLY ASSAULTED?!?!? > WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT?! > > I'm sorry for being a caps warrior there, but it just get on my nerves when somebody compares an opt-in chat with sexual assault. The fck is happening in your brain man?! > > So let me tell you some differences, since you clearly do not know what is the difference between words and irl sexual assault. > > 1. Words do not fckin hurt you, or leave you with permanent or temporary damage. While gettin' sexually assault does. > 2. In real life you have no such opt-out option like in the game. If you could just disappear anytime in real life that would be a little bit different story, but you cant. If you are in a room with somebody stronger than you, good fckin luck disappearing... > 3. And also, in real life if you have a little fckin common sense, you do not go in a private room with somebody (what you can not leave), who you just upset and ruined his fun and wasted his time and can hurt you and you can not leave it. In game you will do this, because you know you have NOTHING to lose, you go in this private chat, BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEY CAN NOT HURT YOU. It is literally impossible in the game. > > So what happened, this guy fcked up the game for somebody, knew that guy was upset, still joined the chat (KNOWING HE IN INVULNERABLE IN A CHATROOM), and then cries for gettin' flamed. > > > And please, do not compare a real world real problem (sexual assult), with a made up online problem in chat. It just diminishes every victim of sexual assault, and makes fun or their problems. Or if you really do not know the difference between permanent real life problems and flaming, you can try pissing off some thugs and get beaten by them. After you are done with that find me on chat, and i will flame you on discord or skype. Then you can decide which one was worse and why. ;) Yeah people who equate words to physical violence are delusional. Clearly you need to take a punch to the face if you can't tell the difference between the damage of the fist and a bad word
Voldymort (EUNE)
: see you in a day/week/month
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eEoREc7R,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-18T10:50:58.730+0000) > > see you in a day/week/month you really offer nothing positive like ever lol
Show more

SorenAlucard

Level 33 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion