Barcid (NA)
: There _was_. It was in season 3 - 1v1 duels on the ARAM map, where first to kill or first to get turret won (so backing was enabled to allow you to heal). It sounds fun on paper, but I was relatively new to the game and had a damn near perfect score with Morgana at the time not because I was good but because her ability to auto-push a lane and her early dueling capabilities were flat out unfair, so honestly it'd just turn into another one of those things where there'll just end up being a meta and everyone will get burnt out on it.
> [{quoted}](name=Barcid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Eyyoj3RR,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-06T02:39:31.693+0000) > > There _was_. It was in season 3 - 1v1 duels on the ARAM map, where first to kill or first to get turret won (so backing was enabled to allow you to heal). It sounds fun on paper, but I was relatively new to the game and had a damn near perfect score with Morgana at the time not because I was good but because her ability to auto-push a lane and her early dueling capabilities were flat out unfair, so honestly it'd just turn into another one of those things where there'll just end up being a meta and everyone will get burnt out on it. Could definitely do some URF stuff to it where some champs have damage scaled up or down.
: And typically when a champ is new that means people are still figuring them out. Remember Yuumi everyone? Super low winrate at first and then it started getting out of control. Rito will probably nerf her once the True Damage hype wears off though.
Yeah, but Yuumi is quite a bit harder to play correctly than Senna. She's got pretty simple mechanics. Not much of a learning curve.
: > [{quoted}](name=SoryInAdvance,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=PTV9di7M,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-22T05:05:17.826+0000) > > Of course supports are supposed to carry games. Engage supports, anyway. They're the ones funneling gold to all of their teammates. Their job is to force-feed their teammates kills. they aren't carrying through damage im more than fine for an alistar carrying a game with crucial knockups instead of soloing the adc
Yeah? And riot has been promoting picks like Brand support as dark horse picks since 2015. Nothing's really that new here except for Pyke R.
: > [{quoted}](name=SoryInAdvance,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=PTV9di7M,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-11-18T23:04:32.360+0000) > > That's always been true. They've just never been the ones you want to be getting the kills onto. i don't think you've been playing league for long enough to be saying such nonsense
Of course supports are supposed to carry games. Engage supports, anyway. They're the ones funneling gold to all of their teammates. Their job is to force-feed their teammates kills.
: No it hasn't. You've not been around that long.
: > [{quoted}](name=Play from work,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FYgJZKg0,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-18T22:23:35.817+0000) > > Of all the things which made Darius powerful, rest assured Raptor's cloak/Zz'rot wasn't one. yep. so lets not give him it because hes already broken and was given a dumb buff to his healing.
...he's had the ability to get it for years and still doesn't because it doesn't work that well for him.
: rito wants supports to be their own little hard carry role
That's always been true. They've just never been the ones you want to be getting the kills onto.
: Respect? They have a bunch of brain dead whales spending money for them already. And this type of marketing isn’t going to help them either. It’s just annoying and makes patch notes seem less professional and worked on. Might as well post a demacia meme at the start of the patch notes, meanwhile they suddenly say in the patch notes they are buffing illaoi.
You very clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
: Okay but like im still waiting for riot to make this a skin, https://media.lolusercontent.com/api/embedly/1/image/resize?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.discordapp.com%2Fattachments%2F595407565563887624%2F595632835357048843%2FN2uWgInh.png&key=f0abbd34f14549f3a15cd94dd9970851&width=425 Link to post : https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/uPBUNoh0-battle-bunny-evelynn-update
Eve could definitely use some better skins. In my opinion, there still aren't any that look better than the original for her.
Moody P (NA)
: How is Kennen not a t1 VGU candidate
You ask for a champion model graphics update and then only complain about the kit? Very odd post.
: but if the player is unable to type due to chat being turned off how would he do something wrong verbally?
Well it's because he's was inting and leaving games. Dude's obviously trying to play it off like he doesn't deserve a temporary ban.
lQ Lord (NA)
: ***
it's 1:00 pm Pacific. It'll be up in 1 hour*
: Preseason 2020 Gameplay: Rise of the Elements
This looks cool but my bronze brain definitely won't be able to handle this much variation every game...
: Well they could add voice comms in solo queue for starters. Overwatch has it and they haven't been sued yet. Hell most people on Overwatch don't even talk, but the games where people are doing callouts go so much more smoothly. Just mute someone if they say something you don't like. People will abuse the system but honestly if you aren't mature enough to hear a couple bad words before you press the mute button you probably shouldn't have permission to use the internet in the first place.
Definitely a solution. I personally don't really like talking to my random teammates that much, particularly if I'm soloing. And I would rather play with music in the background or something than hearing people trash-talking our own team, but if I mute them, then I'll be missing all of the callouts because they probably won't be pinging things much, if at all, and definitely won't be typing anything into the chat.
: Pro play is too different to the game i play on a daily basis. Why would i care for it? It's an entirely different game, no point watching for me.
Yeah, you can try to emulate what they do all you want but the main difference is the team synergy that you can never achieve in an online game with random people. It's basically picking a team you want to win and then watching a drawn-out weighted random number generator for which team will eventually end the game.
: you can buy a skin for a champ you don't want, you can buy icons, emotes, hextech keys, Orange essence etc, not the best rewards but if you just let them expire that is 100% on you.
OR.. hear me out on this.. they could just not expire.
: They've said in the past it's because it's harder to find a cool new concept to apply to the Grim Reapers as well as some others, especially since they don't want to do small model overhaul skins anymore which is really the kind of skin that fits Kindred best but Riot doesn't want to do 520/750 skins anymore. I just really want a Deep Sea Vel'Koz; he hasn't gotten a new skin since season 5 and he's fairly consistent in play rate.
Bummer, cus I'm not paying for 1350+ skins anymore.
Nazgul10 (EUNE)
: Riot basically dug their own grave with this game. They even showed this to the rest of the community by teasing a new game. They lost all hope so they are starting to give up on their own game. Anyway, the only reasons I still play this game is because I can't find anything else as a replacement, and because most of my friends still play. I don't even enjoy playing Yi and that should ring some bells to anyone that knows me. I'm just waiting for the next game that will make me waste hours on it. With every patch note another piece of me wants to give up and I will probably need more than just nostalgia and love to keep playing this game.
> [{quoted}](name=Nazgul10,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cjKAeJHO,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-23T13:52:57.537+0000) > Anyway, the only reasons I still play this game is because I can't find anything else as a replacement, and because most of my friends still play. I don't even enjoy playing Yi and that should ring some bells to anyone that knows me. I'm just waiting for the next game that will make me waste hours on it. With every patch note another piece of me wants to give up and I will probably need more than just nostalgia and love to keep playing this game. Minecraftttt
: Your proof Eternals is bullshit...is the fact Riot's still tracking the normal data they already tracked, **which does not include any of the Eternals**? I may be wrong, but nowhere is this tracking things like kills with X abilities, or kills within X, or allies saved, or multihits, or basically anything besides the normal stats that Riot's always tracked/shown. Which are already released yearly as the Year in Review.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KAlxqEK2,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-13T04:56:10.371+0000) > > Your proof Eternals is bullshit...is the fact Riot's still tracking the normal data they already tracked, **which does not include any of the Eternals**? > > I may be wrong, but nowhere is this tracking things like kills with X abilities, or kills within X, or allies saved, or multihits, or basically anything besides the normal stats that Riot's always tracked/shown. Which are already released yearly as the Year in Review. Yeah, don't get why this is downvoted. Any person that knows how to use the riot development API can see what they are already tracking. Presumably, these Eternals have different stats tracked that aren't already exposed in the API. You can't just track whatever you want as a "freelance dev."
GilxeN (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=disnoca,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QfkmG0M1,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-12T23:53:47.695+0000) > > Also worlds is coming up so you know No one plays Riven in worlds anyway.
They might if she's broken enough. They love to get some flashy champs in the mix for the "hype."
: I miss Teambuilder too... I liked how I could join a lobby and see *exactly* what my team was going to play. It was the *only* mode I played after I unlocked it because it was just flat out nicer than Draft or Blind. :c There was less toxicity in the lobbies, I had more fun, and it felt like I had more control over what I was going to be playing with. If I didn't like that Teemo Support, I could just leave. No retribution like a queue timer, no flame, no nothing. It was *glorious.* I 100% did not mind waiting either.
Same. Let me do exactly what I wanted whenever I wanted. Didn't have to worry about my champion being banned. Even got some interesting mirror matchups occasionally. I guess that can still happen if blind pick is still a thing. I honestly don't even remember if it is lol.
: Muting is client side not server side. Stats etc are server side. I'm not saying its impossible of course but in all honestly it would be quite a hassle including this even though it seems like a small thing to add. And that is probably also the reason why they are not adding it.
This is kind of a weird case where there are two client-side apps working in tandem. Really, where I think that info can be passed is in whatever mechanism tells the launcher client that the in-game one is done which triggers the post-match lobby to make the API calls and be rendered.
: I don’t think it’s a given that the two are connected just from that. Since other sites have access to the same data (or at least most of it), it’s more likely that both the client and those sites access Riot’s servers to retrieve the game information, so if mute data isn’t included, there’s nothing to grab (not that it can’t be added). Still, there doesn’t have to be a direct connection between the client and the game for the client to be able to get your KDA. As far as the client restart after game goes, it’s possible that there’s a background process that runs even when it’s “closed”. It could ping Riot’s servers for game status and check to see if the game closes, which could also explain why it takes so long to get out of game. Then again, I haven’t seen their code, so all of this is just speculation, but it’s definitely possible to accomplish those things without ever establishing direct communication between the client and the game.
Riot has a public API that sites like op.gg, etc. use. I've made my own projects with it. However, they can probably add just a little boolean value for the muting values on the JSON response object they create. Even if it's in their own private API.
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=AmetDeCrypt,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EWgMGJ4f,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-18T15:03:15.564+0000) > > yeah riot can't possibly code something like that to transfer between ingame and out of game. no way too complex. they're only a small indie company after all > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Well it's not that easy , after all Client is not connected to in-game
Then how is the client able to have all of the damage stats and KDAs from the game??? There is, of course, a connection between the two to tell the client to come back up after the game ends also.
: > [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6p3WuPj3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-23T12:09:08.641+0000) > > Riot next week: We decided to remove our forums since there was no activity, and from now own you can post on reddit while we have more slaves and bots to censor everything that isn't esport, and submit a bugs via tickets, we don't care about them anyway until we see them in a live stream esport tournament. > [{quoted}](name=SoryInAdvance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6p3WuPj3,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-07-24T00:21:23.241+0000) > > Aren't the forum mods actually unpaid? Like the arbitors or whatever they're all called. So they actually do have "slaves" censoring the boards to some extent lol That's not how slavery works
> [{quoted}](name=Abibyama II,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6p3WuPj3,comment-id=000000030000,timestamp=2019-07-24T10:22:36.695+0000) > > That's not how slavery works Unpaid labor. Seems close enough to me for the sake of this.
: Riot next week: We decided to remove our forums since there was no activity, and from now own you can post on reddit while we have more slaves and bots to censor everything that isn't esport, and submit a bugs via tickets, we don't care about them anyway until we see them in a live stream esport tournament.
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6p3WuPj3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-23T12:09:08.641+0000) > > Riot next week: We decided to remove our forums since there was no activity, and from now own you can post on reddit while we have more slaves and bots to censor everything that isn't esport, and submit a bugs via tickets, we don't care about them anyway until we see them in a live stream esport tournament. Aren't the forum mods actually unpaid? Like the arbitors or whatever they're all called. So they actually do have "slaves" censoring the boards to some extent lol
Sukishoo (NA)
: According to Riot that didn't change anything either on their internal tests so, and there's unintended side effects they don't want from it.
No clue where you found that, but that's 100% not true. The only reason ARAM only accounts exist is to only buy the champs that are good in ARAM. If they just open it to every champ in the pool, then the chances of getting anyone else increases beyond just the weekly free champs.
: I think it looks pretty good, actually. EDIT: Holy shit this got downvoted to hell, guess that's what I get for trying to speak my opinion on here.
> [{quoted}](name=PrisonNightmare,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BpuyVraB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-16T19:45:53.304+0000) > > I think it looks pretty good, actually. > > EDIT: Holy shit this got downvoted to hell, guess that's what I get for trying to speak my opinion on here. Downvotes in this context mean people disagree with you. It isn't really anything personal toward you.
: Feels like im gambling more than i am playing the game
It's a 5v5 game with a crapload of characters to play with unique kits and all different roles to play and you're not in the highest tier of play where everyone is consistent every game on every champ.. what _exactly_ do you expect?
: That's not the point, this shouldn't happen for anyone.
Well... at least not someone significantly higher ranked. The only way for it to not happen to anyone is for them to not be allowed in any games at all and for that there's the whole banning process that takes a little for every single account and there's probably lots of these accounts and so on...
: Until you dont have a jgler that ganks.
Sounds like more of an issue with the jungler than the champion when you put it this way?
: 13 champs over 1000 days w/o a new skin
Holy crap.. has it actually been that long since surprise party Udyr?? Wow.. time flies.
Skyb0rn (NA)
: I mean... I'm not wrong either. Most liberals are of that sort: "overly sensitive"
Bud.. You're very clearly not old enough to have talked about politics with anyone other than your parents. That's just not true (saying this as a college aged conservative, mind you). There's a lot more to one's political orientation than their stance on social issues.
Skyb0rn (NA)
: People really need to grow balls. Too many liberal pussies out there nowadays
"overly sensitive" in place of liberal would get you much better results because it doesn't make things political. People will be much more likely to agree with you if you don't attack 50% of the US population.
: Guys don't forget, Riot still hasn't apologized for banning males in the first place
Why does everyone care so much? No one here was ever going to see that panel anyway and I'm sure they probably would've put a vod up somewhere afterward. The people that took everything too far have been fired. Really this is just the end of it. They made an attempt and it was a wrong call. I don't see why anyone feels that they need an apology for not being allowed to attend something that they weren't going to attend anyway.
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: What about people who swap their roles and then have different scoreboard position?
That's an exception case where you would then have to swap around to adjust. That was already the case. Why should you have to swap around names in 100% of games rather than maybe 5-10%
Emperador (EUW)
: It's so easy to balance league of legends,I can tell as a programmer!
Where are your braces so I can see if you're a human worthy of any respect?
: Defense is mathematically inferior to damage
Isn't the point of defense to stretch out a fight to hard cc someone? When the offensive champ is unable to do damage, their items have no value, where defense still retains all of it's value.
: Have never played Rocket League. This does sound a bit less pressuring. Doesn't it still bother anyone how your "rank" can be so hardly impacted by team/team mate? I think that's one of the fundamental problems with League of Legends. If my team loses, but I had a above average score overall (good K/D/A, creep score, damage to champs, damage to objectives, vision score, etc) shouldn't I lose less LP than the team mate(s) who performed way below that?
Yeah, league's ranked queue is way too grindy for me. Rocket league is 2v2 (or 1v1 or 3v3/3v3 with no queueing with teammates aka true solo queue, but I really only play 2v2) and you and your teammate will be at basically the same skill level most of the time, so if you carry, you're much more likely to win that game.
: I've created an AutoHotKey script to disable my enter key which I activate during and after particularly frustrating games. Helps me keep my cool, not flame, and not tilt. AFAIK, this is completely fine and not bannable, as it registers 1 keypress to 0 (Riot is fine with anything less than or equal to 1:1 scripts (1 keypress = 1 action)).
Yeah, removing a keybind shouldn't get you in any kind of trouble.
: Buff her damage as compensation. *wiggles eyebrows* 3 months from now, the threads: 'I WENT IN ON THE SUPPORT KARMA AND SHE ONESHOT ME!!!'
I think maybe changing her ult cooldown would help since ultimate hat isn't in sorcery anymore. Or throw like half a second on w stun or something. Just alternative ideas ¯\\\_(ツ)_/¯
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: People said that AP is almost as strong as AD, and I proved that it's way weaker.
Except cost per 1 ap is much less than 1 ad so since it's by percentage, it's much close than it would seem, and her e is spammable and her ult is not so you didn't prove anything.
Ayzev (EUNE)
: Probably by not playing much, but playing a wide variety of champions and frequently getting S's.
Yepp. That's how I have like 24 I think. I don't even get boxes that much, I just never get keys.
: Yes, that's a buff. Even if the goal was to make him playable, even if the buffs were small & to the base stats, it's still a buff.
"..we're pumping some power into Pyke's laning strength to help him have more consistent games while players learn his kit" This implies that they're only putting that damage back for a short time. All they did was add a very small amount in base stats. That's a given for any new champion release.
: Gonna? They already did buff him.
A hotfix isn't a buff. That just made him playable.
: No meta is really fun if you don't happen to be playing the class that is currently being favored or actually play a counter to them.
And how many people actually want to spam tanks? Kinda boring after a while.
Naalith (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SoryInAdvance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7gMEdA7O,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-05-26T03:59:17.521+0000) > > Disappointed that sometimes things don't work and just because a company has money, means that they have to be infallible geniuses? Alrighty then. Disappointed that they released it too early, disappointed people changed their schedules to play, disappointed that they knew about the bug way in advance of NA release and didn't bother to tell us if it would for sure be cancelled or not, and disappointed that the one League feature that's really gotten me excited in months basically screwed people over IRL. Cool straw man though, you really showed me with your high IQ reply.
> [{quoted}](name=Naalith,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7gMEdA7O,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2018-05-26T06:15:24.279+0000) > > Disappointed that they released it too early, disappointed people changed their schedules to play, disappointed that they knew about the bug way in advance of NA release and didn't bother to tell us if it would for sure be cancelled or not, and disappointed that the one League feature that's really gotten me excited in months basically screwed people over IRL. > > Cool straw man though, you really showed me with your high IQ reply. As a software developer, sometimes things don't work out. Bugs come up when you try to merge the your products together. I assume you have no experience in this, so I'll just leave you to pretend. Just try to have some perspective.
: > [{quoted}](name=SoryInAdvance,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=aoKncn5z,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-26T03:01:05.970+0000) > > Well, Primetime Drave is also 975. I don't really know for sure why either of them cost less. got unlazy enough to find links. > [{quoted}](name=Riot KateyKhaos,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=vsdGT5V6,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-02-22T22:54:19.905+0000) > > I don't believe this particular skin goes on sale, besides the permanent discount. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/vsdGT5V6-surprise-party-fiddlesticks-is-listed-a-a-legendary-skin https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3yktrm/why_are_primetime_draven_and_surprise_party/ Edit: also, more googling, surprise fiddle was released when rito turned 2 years old, so that's the reason it's permanently 975. Primetime Draven is an esports 4th wall joke, so is perma on sale as an esports promotion.
> got unlazy enough to find links. edgy
Naalith (NA)
: I am so disappointed in how Riot handled Clash
Disappointed that sometimes things don't work and just because a company has money, means that they have to be infallible geniuses? Alrighty then.
Show more

SoryInAdvance

Level 42 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion