: To The Frustrated Players Talking About the Reporting System "Not Working"
> [{quoted}](name=Demon DARK Wolf,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rfcWmkWu,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-13T09:56:08.902+0000) after a quick search it was estimated that **80 MILLION** people play League of Legends as of June of 2018. more like one guy with 80 million accounts
Dr Dog (NA)
: two wrongs dont make a right its a simple concept, sure you can "defend yourself" (which you can do by just muting them and reporting them after game) but do you know whats worse than one keyboard warrior ruining a match for everyone else? **TWO OF THEM** all it boils down to is having another toxic player
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Dog,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=smryA84Q,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-12-13T14:57:27.113+0000) > > two wrongs dont make a right its a simple concept, sure you can "defend yourself" (which you can do by just muting them and reporting them after game) but do you know whats worse than one keyboard warrior ruining a match for everyone else? **TWO OF THEM** all it boils down to is having another toxic player What if you make two left turns and your back where you started? Might be time to make that "right" turn PGGERS
: my account was banned permanently
I've never met anyone in life that say they've had it easy. We all hit rock bottom and that's when change occurs, or doesn't occur. I'd give him another chance but that's just my opinion. I think a warning that stipulates one more screw up and your account will be permabanned should be enabled because it literally says your account is in jeopardy of termination. Again, that's just me.
: It's already being nerfed for aram. I recommend reading pbe notes.
> [{quoted}](name=CrazFight ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fKxd6hAE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-01T20:22:37.382+0000) > > It's already being nerfed for aram. I recommend reading pbe notes. Well patch came out today and.. dark harvest= too powerful. Killing survivability and fun. Nerf
: Anyone remember when RIOT deleted everyone's honor and then chose to make it private it so only the account user could see it? Hard to take it seriously anymore after losing 4300 hard earned honors. RIP
> [{quoted}](name=SoundwaveCanada,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AOPB0xvE,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-12-03T00:05:59.204+0000) > > Anyone remember when RIOT deleted everyone's honor and then chose to make it private it so only the account user could see it? Hard to take it seriously anymore after losing 4300 hard earned honors. RIP I like to make future predictions based on past events. I pose this question. What will happen when everyone hits tier 5 honor and a year goes by? My prediction is another new method will arrive and they'll delete your honor. They've done it before and offered no explanation or reward for the people that took it seriously. Remember everyone here signed a contract saying they consent to what is given can be taken away. Enjoy the game and the honor will come without wondering about it.
: There's No Reason NOT To Honor Somebody
Anyone remember when RIOT deleted everyone's honor and then chose to make it private it so only the account user could see it? Hard to take it seriously anymore after losing 4300 hard earned honors. RIP
: Dark Harvest in Aram
It's already doesn't mean it is. Example; It's in my notes that I want to be abducted by aliens and taken to a galaxy which possesses a balanced version of league of legends. I can send you a copy of my journal to prove it.
Rioter Comments
: I still don't have a working computer. Waiting on parts and I don't want to play on a labtop. Should hopefully be back up Wednesday. If you are gonna creep on me, at least order me a pizza. ^_^
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E4z21vVf,comment-id=00000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-17T04:10:02.397+0000) > > I still don't have a working computer. Waiting on parts and I don't want to play on a labtop. Should hopefully be back up Wednesday. If you are gonna creep on me, at least order me a pizza. ^_^ I'll order you a full course meal suitable for a hungry forum troll. I just asked to stay away from my topic and you couldn't resist. Nothing to be ashamed about..
: Did they have a break in the games though? Because it isn't an immediate perma. They do give a 2nd chance. The first penalty is a 14 day.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E4z21vVf,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-15T19:18:32.515+0000) > > Did they have a break in the games though? Because it isn't an immediate perma. They do give a 2nd chance. The first penalty is a 14 day. Hi Pandaa, noticed your still lvl 87 LOL. Called it (League of forums) ;)
Chermorg (NA)
: When someone is arrested for something, they are booked on the charges related to that incident. In the course of investigating that incident, evidence may arise that suggests they be charged with more offenses. Their original booking isn't edited, those charges are just further considered during their trial. Likewise, while one game may have been the straw that broke the camel's back and triggered a review, it does not mean that game alone got you the punishment, and even if it did, it doesn't mean you didn't behave badly in other games.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VwbTc7oI,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-08-02T01:33:05.297+0000) > > When someone is arrested for something, they are booked on the charges related to that incident. In the course of investigating that incident, evidence may arise that suggests they be charged with more offenses. Their original booking isn't edited, those charges are just further considered during their trial. > > Likewise, while one game may have been the straw that broke the camel's back and triggered a review, it does not mean that game alone got you the punishment, and even if it did, it doesn't mean you didn't behave badly in other games. technically when you are arrested you are being charged with a crime. You are NOT GUILTY until a Majestrate or Judge say's so. You are innocent until proven guilty is not a meme, and the onus or burden of proof lies with the accuser, not the accused. This has inspired me to email my professor and thank her for teaching me. It was like 4 years ago wonder if she'll remember me lol YOLO
: Post removed that wasn't mine
That's okay we all make mistakes ;) I would like to think that "They're not capable of reasoning with you, anything you say they will just twist and nit-pick in order to find ways to make it suit their world-view." died with Hitler.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=SoundwaveCanada,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=0002000000030000,timestamp=2018-08-01T22:06:54.526+0000) > > Then mute me or ill report you flamming. Cya most non important person in my life atm that contributed nothing but grief to the topic at hand. I'm sorry, but this: > [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=000200000003,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:56:53.801+0000) > > I wasn't going to say anything to you, but you did this: > > Dude you obviously care more about winning than about having a genuine discussion. I was merely warning TrulyBland to stop wasting their time. > > You and I both know that nothing they could say would change your mind. Thus, talking to you is a waste of time. is not flaming. That's rich though, accusing me of flaming after what you said to me when I took your fun away by reminding TB to stop talking to you. Think before you speak, or you will make yourself look like a hypocrite. Anyways... relax, I'm not a threat to your "dominance." You can stop beating your chest and trying to intimidate me. {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=00020000000300000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T22:17:04.621+0000) > > I'm sorry, but this: > > is not flaming. > > That's rich though, accusing me of flaming after what you said to me when I took your fun away by reminding TB to stop talking to you. Think before you speak, or you will make yourself look like a hypocrite. > > Anyways... relax, I'm not a threat to your "dominance." You can stop beating your chest and trying to intimidate me. > > {{sticker:vlad-salute}} who are you? and why aren't you talking about the topic at hand. Cya flammer
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Care to explain how kinetic energy and speed are proportional? What about the age of trees and their height? Or to completely simplify things: x and x²? Either you don't know what "proportional" means or your view on life is… wrong. I mean, I'd try to find a nicer way of saying it, but saying everything in life is proportional is mathematically as well as empirically wrong. In case it's the first: Proportionality means the ratio between two things are identical. It's the property you are assuming when you claim that the percentage decline of viewers requires the same percentage decline in players.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=00020000000000010001000000000000000000000000000000000007,timestamp=2018-08-01T22:10:41.452+0000) > > I'm happy to help, I'm sorry I didn't step in sooner to remind you. Could have saved you some headache probably. > > I understand about not letting it go. Everybody has something they can't let go. For me it's when someone is an asshole to someone else, I'll give you one guess as to how that usually turns out... > > {{sticker:sg-lulu}} > > Anyway, I respect what you were trying to do. They were being ridiculous. You tried to make the discussion rational again. But sometimes people who are being ridiculous will just become even more ridiculous when you try to bring them around to reason. > > Have a lovely rest of your night over in EU. <3 you actually never helped with the actual topic and you flammed not once but twice. Joining a conversation halfway through and taking sides without providing any insite to the topic has me questioning why you even came in the first place.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: I do understand that point you are making, and I probably should have acknowledged it. Let me do that now, and in fact expand upon it: Riot definitely doesn't do enough to let you know that feeders/trolls are being banned, especially when it comes to those who directly affected you. I'd like to point out that a surprising amount of "common knowledge" is false, inside and outside of LoL, but that's kind of besides the point. Even if inters were banned very reliably, Riot is actively feeding (pun not intended) into the belief that they are not, by not supplying enough tangible evidence that it's not the case. And as long as inters **believe** that they can get away with inting, they will continue to do so. And as long as their victims **believe** that the inters won't get banned, it will be a exponentially more frustrating experience. The fact that the system (understandably) struggles with detecting intentional feeding obviously doesn't help either. I merely disagree that the principles of real life self defense translate into verbal retaliation in League of Legends.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T22:08:24.201+0000) > > I do understand that point you are making, and I probably should have acknowledged it. Let me do that now, and in fact expand upon it: > > Riot definitely doesn't do enough to let you know that feeders/trolls are being banned, especially when it comes to those who directly affected you. > > I'd like to point out that a surprising amount of "common knowledge" is false, inside and outside of LoL, but that's kind of besides the point. > Even if inters were banned very reliably, Riot is actively feeding (pun not intended) into the belief that they are not, by not supplying enough tangible evidence that it's not the case. > > And as long as inters **believe** that they can get away with inting, they will continue to do so. > And as long as their victims **believe** that the inters won't get banned, it will be a exponentially more frustrating experience. > The fact that the system (understandably) struggles with detecting intentional feeding obviously doesn't help either. > > I merely disagree that the principles of real life self defense translate into verbal retaliation in League of Legends. I agree with everything you said actually except for the principles in real life self defense do translate into verbal retaliation in lol. Why else would we be here if it weren't so? I'm not a psychologist or biologist but if you hurt me it is human nature to retaliate, this has always been and will always be.
: I wasn't going to say anything to you, but you did this: > [{quoted}](name=SoundwaveCanada,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=00020000000000010001000000000000000000000000000000000002,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:41:13.958+0000) > > call me when you find yourself at a party and no girls want to be with you, ill give you some pointers on when to butt in Dude you obviously care more about winning than about having a genuine discussion. I was merely warning TrulyBland to stop wasting their time. You and I both know that nothing they could say would change your mind. Thus, talking to you is a waste of time.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=000200000003,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:56:53.801+0000) > > I wasn't going to say anything to you, but you did this: > > Dude you obviously care more about winning than about having a genuine discussion. I was merely warning TrulyBland to stop wasting their time. > > You and I both know that nothing they could say would change your mind. Thus, talking to you is a waste of time. Then mute me or ill report you flamming. Cya most non important person in my life atm that contributed nothing but grief to the topic at hand.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Care to explain how kinetic energy and speed are proportional? What about the age of trees and their height? Or to completely simplify things: x and x²? Either you don't know what "proportional" means or your view on life is… wrong. I mean, I'd try to find a nicer way of saying it, but saying everything in life is proportional is mathematically as well as empirically wrong. In case it's the first: Proportionality means the ratio between two things are identical. It's the property you are assuming when you claim that the percentage decline of viewers requires the same percentage decline in players.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=00020000000000010001000000000000000000000000000000000005,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:56:46.094+0000) > > But he's wrong about **math**. > You can't just let people walk around being wrong about math! > > In all seriousness… math is the hardest thing for me to drop. Probably because it's not a matter of opinion and you can't simply agree to disagree. If two people disagree on maths at least one of them is wrong. > > Anyway, thanks. Did my final post on the issue before I read your post, but it's still a nice gesture to remind people to just leave when they've reached (or gone way beyond) the headache-stage of a discussion. i just finished my 1st year astro physics class so i feel like i know the google links by now. I'm actually telling anyone that reads this that they don't know 99.99999999999 percent of the math in this reality. This isn't new people, type in black matter or dark matter or dark/black energy and read for yourself, also type in do black holes exist? or try is Newton wrong? what is a gravity wave? how full of yourself do you have to be to copy and paste useless shlt when im talking about player base and twitch viewers to bring up math terms. I'll leave with a reference to Plato, "I am the wisest amoungst all men because I admit that I know nothing"
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Care to explain how kinetic energy and speed are proportional? What about the age of trees and their height? Or to completely simplify things: x and x²? Either you don't know what "proportional" means or your view on life is… wrong. I mean, I'd try to find a nicer way of saying it, but saying everything in life is proportional is mathematically as well as empirically wrong. In case it's the first: Proportionality means the ratio between two things are identical. It's the property you are assuming when you claim that the percentage decline of viewers requires the same percentage decline in players.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=00020000000000010001000000000000000000000000000000000003,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:48:37.268+0000) > > You know... you could have just said that you don't know what "proportional" means, and I would have explained it to you without any kind of judgement. > There really wasn't any need for this whole "I can't answer your three questions, because the first involves physics and literally all of physics is wrong" bullshit. > > So yeah... either you are a troll or you are both incapable of understanding the concept of "3" and admitting a mistake. The proper reaction to both is to leave this conversation. > > Have a nice day. > > P.S.: In case you really do study physics and you are not a troll, seriously, for your own sake, look up what proportional means. im not even talking about proportional bro, you brought it up and i shut you down. You joined my conversation and said the number of viewers is not proportional to the number of players and i said fck yes it is. I don't even know how else to put this, if your t.v. show has no viewers you get a rating of 0, and you will not be back next season, if you have viewers in the millions then you get another season. What more can i say? your dodging my facts with non scence. You said it's not proportional because you play league but you don't watch twitch, guess what your not in the 250k people i was referring to. If you can't stay on topic then that's your issue not mine
Aneirin (OCE)
: > your more dense than iron. You've studied geology for three years but still can't spell you're? > Btw im a 3yr geologist, that's a pun because iron is very dense. No it's not, it's a hyperbole. There's no play on words there.
> [{quoted}](name=Aneirin,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=0002000000000001000100000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:43:23.613+0000) > > You've studied geology for three years but still can't spell you're? > > No it's not, it's a hyperbole. There's no play on words there. don't lose marks for grammar in Geology, chemistry, physics, history, philosophy, computer science, physcology, and wait I'm seeing pattern develope, is there any class that cares about gramar now a days? My history teacher told us kids can't even write or read writting anymore cause they aren't teaching it anymore. Take your grammar back to 1999, noone cares bro
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Let's not get lost in technicalities: **Whatever it is that you are doing verbally** doesn't help with anything. It can thus not logically be a requirement to protecting yourself from their actions. Hence even if we put the integrity of the enjoyment of the game to be on the same level of the physical integrity of your own body, flaming in retaliation cannot be considered self defence. The point remains the same, whether you want to call it flaming or not. Using the same principles of self defense in this particular context, verbal retaliation in response to a troll is still not justified.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:39:21.058+0000) > > Let's not get lost in technicalities: > > **Whatever it is that you are doing verbally** doesn't help with anything. It can thus not logically be a requirement to protecting yourself from their actions. Hence even if we put the integrity of the enjoyment of the game to be on the same level of the physical integrity of your own body, flaming in retaliation cannot be considered self defence. > > The point remains the same, whether you want to call it flaming or not. Using the same principles of self defense in this particular context, verbal retaliation in response to a troll is still not justified. Still don't think you understand mate. If someone is trolling you that is an offence, is it not one of the bannable offences? sure don't say anything just mute them, but the fact is they ruined the game the same way the flammer did but they don't get punished and that's why people are upset. It's common knowledge now that your allowed to throw a game as long as you don't say anything, if you don't believe me just play a few games and someone will say "just don't say anything and int, you don't get banned for int'ing". I've litteraly heard this 1000 times
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Care to explain how kinetic energy and speed are proportional? What about the age of trees and their height? Or to completely simplify things: x and x²? Either you don't know what "proportional" means or your view on life is… wrong. I mean, I'd try to find a nicer way of saying it, but saying everything in life is proportional is mathematically as well as empirically wrong. In case it's the first: Proportionality means the ratio between two things are identical. It's the property you are assuming when you claim that the percentage decline of viewers requires the same percentage decline in players.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=0002000000000001000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:23:51.077+0000) > > Care to explain how kinetic energy and speed are proportional? > What about age of trees and their height? > Or to completely simplify things: x and x²? > > Either you don't know what "proportional" means or your view on life is… wrong. I mean, I'd try to find a nicer way of saying it, but you are mathematically as well as empirically wrong. > > In case it's the first: > Proportionality means the ratio between two things are identical. > It's the property you are assuming when you claim that the percentage decline of viewers requires the same percentage decline in players. uhm, actually i can explain how kinetic energy and speed are proportional.. no wait i can't because of a little thing called dark matter and dark energy. Don't even try to pretend you know everything because physicists have already admitted that Einstein and Newton are wrong but they can't find the missing mass that explains why outter ringed planets rotate at the same speed as inner planets. Care to explain what's at the center of our galaxy? no you won't care because you can't explain the speed at which everything is moving without scraping everything we know about physics. So sit ur azz down and suck in the fact that most twitch viewers watch the games they are interested in, and a loss of 250k viewers is related to a decline in player base. School on that son
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: I'm not saying "nothing", I'm saying "not necessarily strictly proportional". (There's still those other two points, btw)
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=00020000000000010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:05:17.850+0000) > > I'm not saying "nothing", I'm saying "not necessarily strictly proportional". > > (There's still those other two points, btw) everything in life is proportional. If you can't understand that a loss of 250k viewers is related to the player base then your more dense than iron. Btw im a 3yr geologist, that's a pun because iron is very dense.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: You're explaining why those who **do** watch streams watch streams… but that has absolutely no relevance in the argument as to whether the amount of twitch viewers is automatically proportional to the amount of players, because you don't know why they **stopped** watching streams. You simply assume it's because of a general disinterest in the game, but I provided myself as a counter example to show that interest in streams does not necessarily correlate with interest in the game. You're also still ignoring my two other points in their entirety.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=000200000000000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T20:52:33.441+0000) > > You're explaining why those who **do** watch streams watch streams… but that has absolutely no relevance in the argument as to whether the amount of twitch viewers is automatically proportional to the amount of players, because you don't know why they **stopped** watching streams. > > You simply assume it's because of a general disinterest in the game, but I provided myself as a counter example to show that interest in streams does not necessarily correlate with interest in the game. > > You're also still ignoring my two other points in their entirety. This is why you need more than math to make it through life. If you actually think the amount of people watching a sport has nothing to do with the interest of the sport or the amount of people playing in the sport then i think you're math will never be useful. I like math to and am currently registered for 2nd year trig, first year physics and 2nd year astro physics. But if you can't connect number of viewers to number of players then i honestly feel bad for you, no troll.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: You're explaining why those who **do** watch streams watch streams… but that has absolutely no relevance in the argument as to whether the amount of twitch viewers is automatically proportional to the amount of players, because you don't know why they **stopped** watching streams. You simply assume it's because of a general disinterest in the game, but I provided myself as a counter example to show that interest in streams does not necessarily correlate with interest in the game. You're also still ignoring my two other points in their entirety.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=000200000000000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T20:52:33.441+0000) > > You're explaining why those who **do** watch streams watch streams… but that has absolutely no relevance in the argument as to whether the amount of twitch viewers is automatically proportional to the amount of players, because you don't know why they **stopped** watching streams. > > You simply assume it's because of a general disinterest in the game, but I provided myself as a counter example to show that interest in streams does not necessarily correlate with interest in the game. > > You're also still ignoring my two other points in their entirety. If you think the amount of twitch viewers has nothing to do with the amount of people playing the game then I can't help you.
: Can someone honestly explain how this is toxic.
yeah man, the moment you asked for help you became toxic. You should never tell anyone what to do as that can be seen as overly aggressive and oppressive. Also telling people what they did wrong is unacceptable. Make sure to only say positive things like "hey thanks for not helping when i needed it, i really owe you one, let's be friends" or "thanks for not dodging any skills shots, you can only get better from here!"
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: So back when I played League of Legends several hours a day I wasn't interested in LoL according to your logic? Because I've never been interested in watching streams. Neither have a bunch of my friends who played LoL at the time. That's also just **one** of the points I made. Math Guy strikes again: 1 < 3
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=0002000000000001000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T20:30:34.365+0000) > > So back when I played League of Legends several hours a day I wasn&#x27;t interested in LoL according to your logic? > Because I&#x27;ve never been interested in watching streams. Neither have a bunch of my friends who played LoL at the time. > > That&#x27;s also just **one** of the points I made. > Math Guy strikes again: 1 &lt; 3 like most people who can't see past two feet in front of them you need to be told that you're not the only person on this planet, and no, the sun does not revolve around you. You might not watch streamers and that's fine, not sarcastic here that's actually np at all. However hundreds of thousands of players do watch twitch and they watch it to learn and they enjoy seeing pro action (isn't that what we all strive for?). You need to understand that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few (Actual logic). Maybe take some philosophy for your humanities and learn some real life lesons outside of your science faculty.
: My guess on the lower views? It's more entertaining to watch someone lose their temper or overreact than to watch someone who stays calm and doesn't say much. If those players have moved on or been weeded out through permas and likely take their fans with them to the next FotM game. And let's face it: if you spend your time watching streams, you aren't actively playing.
> [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-08-01T20:28:40.536+0000) > > My guess on the lower views? It&#x27;s more entertaining to watch someone lose their temper or overreact than to watch someone who stays calm and doesn&#x27;t say much. If those players have moved on or been weeded out through permas and likely take their fans with them to the next FotM game. > > And let&#x27;s face it: if you spend your time watching streams, you aren&#x27;t actively playing. this thread is actual cancer and last thing im going to say. Most people watch twitch league players to learn what's op in game and then try and replicate in game so they can improve. If you watch any league streamer more than 10seconds you'll see that the chat is constantly asking in game questions like: why are they using that rune or mastery, why start red buff or blue buff, when is okay to tower dive, what's a good non nerfed champion, what's a good duo for botlane etc. Not sure what you mean by actively playing when someone is taking time to learn actual facts so they can improve their gameplay really has nothing to do with not playing the game. I'm actually confused by your statement that if someone takes the time to learn from a better player how that has to do with not actively playing. To be honest i think you got your shlt backwards.
: > [{quoted}](name=SoundwaveCanada,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T19:55:37.169+0000) > > You always mute everyone.. Why play a team orientated game if your plan is to ignore your allies? You&#x27;re the type of guy ruining competitive game play. In fact why even make a chat box if the only thing it does is get people banned? thats why I play duo. we use Mic not like you people typing shit on chat LOL
> [{quoted}](name=SweetRainTv,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T20:26:04.547+0000) > > thats why I play duo. we use Mic not like you people typing shit on chat LOL you already confessed to giving up on the league community. Don't try and hide the fact bud. Your turn.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Sorry in advance for the first part, but conventions when talking about percentages is a pet peeve of mine: The term lose implies that before the loss, the thing was complete. Hence when you calculate the percentage loss, you would consider the state before the loss the 100%. In other words, that's a 80% loss. Also: Calculating with 50,000 as the 100% it would still only be a 400% loss. Loss implies subtraction, not division. Otherwise, following your way of calculation a decline by 0 players (250k -> 250k) would have to be a 100% loss, which definitely doesn't sound right. ---------------------------- Now on to more relevant arguments: 1. Twitch views going down might suggest a generally decreased popularity of the game, but primarily it shows a decline in popularity of **watching** the game. I don't think that necessarily means the player base is shrinking at the same rate. 2. Even if the rates of decline are identical, extrapolating the data like that seems a bit far fetched. While I admittedly don't have any specific knowledge on the subject of player base decline in video games, I'm not sure it can be assumed to strictly follow an exponential function. 3. Even if the rates of decline are identical **and** the extrapolation are correct, that would leave 10-20k **twitch viewers** not players. Not every person that plays the game watches the streams.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=00020000000000010001,timestamp=2018-08-01T20:03:27.738+0000) > > Sorry in advance for the first part, but conventions when talking about percentages is a pet peeve of mine: > > The term lose implies that before the loss, the thing was complete. Hence when you calculate the percentage loss, you would consider the state before the loss the 100%. In other words, that&#x27;s a 80% loss. > Also: Calculating with 50,000 as the 100% it would still only be a 400% loss. Loss implies subtraction, not division. Otherwise, following your way of calculation a decline by 0 players (250k -&gt; 250k) would have to be a 100% loss, which definitely doesn&#x27;t sound right. > > ---------------------------- > > Now on to more relevant arguments: > > 1. Twitch views going down might suggest a generally decreased popularity of the game, but primarily it shows a decline in popularity of **watching** the game. I don&#x27;t think that necessarily means the player base is shrinking at the same rate. > > 2. Even if the rates of decline are identical, extrapolating the data like that seems a bit far fetched. While I admittedly don&#x27;t have any specific knowledge on the subject of player base decline in video games, I&#x27;m not sure it can be assumed to strictly follow an exponential function. > > 3. Even if the rates of decline are identical **and** the extrapolation are correct, that would leave 10-20k **twitch viewers** not players. Not every person that plays the game watches the streams. wtf are you smoking guy. If people aren't interested in watching twitch league players that's because people aren't interested in the game. END OF STORY math guy.
Pyrosan (NA)
: Even if they deserve the ban you can't justify your own ban based around a comparision because that isn't the system; The system doesn't take your case individually significant, if you break TOS, you get punished, you signed up and agreed to that when you joined the game. These logs broke TOS clearly and you were punished. Whatever anybody else did was irrelevant, TO THE SYSTEM But it's relevant to you That's the difference
> [{quoted}](name=Pyromethius,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T20:01:26.007+0000) > > Even if they deserve the ban you can&#x27;t justify your own ban based around a comparision because that isn&#x27;t the system; > The system doesn&#x27;t take your case individually significant, if you break TOS, you get punished, you signed up and agreed to that when you joined the game. > > These logs broke TOS clearly and you were punished. > Whatever anybody else did was irrelevant, TO THE SYSTEM > But it&#x27;s relevant to you > > That&#x27;s the difference The system is the problem. It doesn't allow any relief to the victims that are being trolled by inters. Someone int's in your game and you lose horribly because of it and no one ever knows if they get punished. In real life if someone hits you first then by law you can defend yourself and fight back with no penalty. In this system if someone ruins your game you have no right to say or do anything. It's a system built on the opposite of justice.
: > [{quoted}](name=SoundwaveCanada,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-08-01T19:33:45.459+0000) > > say that in game chat and you&#x27;d be banned to. Your time is comming I always mute everyone ^^ no worries {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
> [{quoted}](name=SweetRainTv,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T19:50:15.774+0000) > > I always mute everyone ^^ no worries {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} You always mute everyone.. Why play a team orientated game if your plan is to ignore your allies? You're the type of guy ruining competitive game play. In fact why even make a chat box if the only thing it does is get people banned?
: Funny. I play to win and the few times I get a troll or inter (which isn't as often as people like to claim); I don't flame. Weird right? It is like I can be upset and not flame at someone. I highly doubt League is going to die in less than 5 months. Especially since people have been saying that for years.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T19:39:59.982+0000) > > Funny. > > I play to win and the few times I get a troll or inter (which isn&#x27;t as often as people like to claim); I don&#x27;t flame. Weird right? It is like I can be upset and not flame at someone. > > I highly doubt League is going to die in less than 5 months. Especially since people have been saying that for years. Maybe you don't understand the concept of dying. If this riot guy is banning people for saying anything negative then lot's of people every day will be leaving league. If you watch streamers on twitch you would know that the viewers have gone from about 250000 to about 50000 in the last 2-3 years. That's about a 500 percent loss in player base on average. If history repeats itself there will be about 10-20k players left in NA by 2k20. That my friend is a dead game.
: Another Toxic Banned ^^ {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
> [{quoted}](name=SweetRainTv,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-08-01T19:28:18.912+0000) > > Another Toxic Banned ^^ {{sticker:sg-kiko}} say that in game chat and you'd be banned to. Your time is comming
: You flamed and spewed toxicity all game. Getting a permban requires repeated punishments, and _any_ form of rulebreaking after a 14-day appears to get you an instant perm. The logic goes like this: if someone is too stupid/immature/dysfunctional/angry to pay attention to multiple warnings, they are incapable of reform or even accepting that they are a problem, and need to be removed. How they feel about it does not matter.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Oj4rVWmf,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-01T19:05:09.440+0000) > > You flamed and spewed toxicity all game. > > Getting a permban requires repeated punishments, and _any_ form of rulebreaking after a 14-day appears to get you an instant perm. > > The logic goes like this: if someone is too stupid/immature/dysfunctional/angry to pay attention to multiple warnings, they are incapable of reform or even accepting that they are a problem, and need to be removed. How they feel about it does not matter. How they feel about it does not matter. This is the problem, people that are actually trying to win get trolled and get upset, then get banned for flaming. The feeders and inters move into the next match and continue feeding creating more problems while the guys who get upset are banned. Nice system indeed. Like i said earlier soon league's going to be filled with skilless buttheads. Good luck keeping and creating player base, at this rate league will be completely dead by 2k19
: Unfair Prema Suspended By a Robot Straight After the Game Without Looking At My Message
That's about what happened to me yesterday. I said wtf bot you guys are feeding, my jhin was dying less than every two minutes and thresh was flamming him and then started feeding to, i think he was 1/8 at the end. I said holy shlt you guys ruined the match I'll meet you in fountain the games over, less than 3 minutes later the game was over. Of course the two feeders report me after and i get a message saying ive been chat restricted for 10 games and my honor is locked. Before they deleted the honor in the old system i had over 3500 honors and i already unlocked lvl 5 honor in this system. I'm hardly ever toxic unless someone does something that really ruins the match like in the one i was playing. Whoever is dishing out the bans needs to be able to tell good players (one in 100 games might flame a bad guy) and a bad player who flames or feeds every game. Whoever is dishing out the bans needs a holiday because saying wtf, and calling someone a feeder who is actually feeding is not ban material. The worst part is the guy that was feeding added me in league and he told me he wasn't punished for anything and he told me to get fcked haha then unfriended me. So he int'd my game, I got punished for saying wtf stop feeding, afk in fountain with 2-3minutes left (no base left, enemies fed, and jhin still past river trying to take his tower). The guy dishing out the bans needs to understand that people need to be punished for int'ing and not for the people getting upset over it. Pretty soon Leagues going to be filled with all the int'ers and all the carries that actually give a fck will be long gone due to this guy banning everyone. In my opinion the riot employee banning everyone should get banned or bent over someone's knee and spanked. The solution isn't to ban everyone that types something negative. Maybe focus on the people actually ruining the game by intentional feeding, and honor the people that get mad. I'm not even sorry for what i said in my game and i don't plan on apologizing either. I wrote a ticket saying i don't agree with my chat restrictions or the honor lock and plan on leaving if they don't fix it and that's about it. You want me to keep buying skins then you make me happy by banning the intentional feeders and leave the normies alone.
: Why do you call it a "mask"? You are acting as if you are some sinister evil person who puts up a front that you are nice and generous. Having a high self-esteem and self confidence is not bad. Putting yourself above others also is not a bad thing, you are after all the ONLY person in the world who matters. Being emotional is also not a bad thing. I think the way you go about it may be bad, maybe because of internet anonymity you feel like you can say more things than normal without full consequence, like someone attacking you. Your first paragraph makes it seem like you think badly of yourself, then say you have a high-self esteem. Be proud of who you are, don't shame yourself and tag yourself. If you are openly good, but competitive in this game, that's fine. Be passionate, be courageous. Like you said, you don't flame as much as you do, and that's good. But it is okay to feel upset and emotional about game states, just don't openly attack people.
> [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7jrQQyqZ,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-07-31T21:08:14.437+0000) > > Why do you call it a &quot;mask&quot;? You are acting as if you are some sinister evil person who puts up a front that you are nice and generous. Having a high self-esteem and self confidence is not bad. Putting yourself above others also is not a bad thing, you are after all the ONLY person in the world who matters. > > Being emotional is also not a bad thing. I think the way you go about it may be bad, maybe because of internet anonymity you feel like you can say more things than normal without full consequence, like someone attacking you. Your first paragraph makes it seem like you think badly of yourself, then say you have a high-self esteem. Be proud of who you are, don&#x27;t shame yourself and tag yourself. If you are openly good, but competitive in this game, that&#x27;s fine. Be passionate, be courageous. Like you said, you don&#x27;t flame as much as you do, and that&#x27;s good. But it is okay to feel upset and emotional about game states, just don&#x27;t openly attack people. so when i steal your wallet in front of you and throw in a thanks, you gonna say you're welcome? no, you took the first punch and now you're able to wreck his face without consequences, that's the law. Don't confuse game rules with real life or you'll find yourself in trouble. When someone ints in your games that's an offence. There needs to be punishment, not self reflection on how you could of calmed the situation and become stronger individually from it. I hate this new generation because they are to soft, if you screw my game cause your inting then you have offended me and you need to be told that you sucked for whatever reason. Not the "it's okay to feed you'll get better over time". No, "you suck at dodging skill shots and need to focus your mechanics around not dying". Everyone that plays league has many losses but if your not taking criticism or listening to your allies because your to busy being emotional then you shouldn't be playing a team orientated game.
: If you ever wonder how permabanned players think, I can probably help answer some of your questions.
yo i just had a jhin that got blitz hooked 11 times in laning phase and at the end of the game the jhin and thresh were telling the enemy to report me for being toxic. All i kept hearing was kill, double kill, and they were at bottom base tower at 15minutes. I say thanks for inting ill meet you at fountain, 3minutes later games over and were in lobby. Jhin thresh and my jungler say report me because i afk'd. It's not fair that someone can lose so bad that it effects other lanes then they get to report me for getting upset, and even swaying the enemy to ban me aswell for afking. Like at what point is it ok to say the game is over? 10 deaths? 15deaths? thresh and jhin had 15 combined deaths and lost both towers, gave up dragon and rift, and continued to be useless, but im the one getting reported? what has this community become.. in the lobby the enemy said afking is not acceptable and they were reporting me to. So wheres the line exactly? i can die every 2minutes in game and no punishment but afking with no base left and rift herald destroying my mid with fed enemies is an offence to these people?
Dasdi96 (NA)
: When did the sjw movement start?
I honestly don't know where to begin with this one as it's a click bait cutt'n'paste'. Ok, I may be able to simplify this pretty easily actually. First off: "Dating back to 1824, the term "social justice"endquote" is being used as a reference point in order to establish his point of view to a particular time in which something useful was provided to his argument. Meaning; "social justice" is not an "ACTION or TERM" that was "FIRST" used in 1824. I think I should given an example of social justice now: two cavemen walk into a bar and one is wearing a dear pelt for underwear and the other has no underwear on at all, the barkeep says I only serve men who can hunt for their own underwear. The naked caveman looks around and see's two naked women drinking at the back of the cave and he say's to the bar keep... what about them? Bam... the beginnings of social justice 30000years ago. P.S. To Whitney: Please be skeptical when you read from educated and passionate authors and keep in mind that they do not have the answers you seek, but rather different opinions to a topic that is and will be discussed for many more x# of years by many more people of all races.
øHaruø (NA)
: Why are so many people worked up in this board about race
At some point you should take a statistics or human geography class. Without writing an essay on the topic, I will say the population of Caucasians is declining every year(proven fact), and vice versa the other races (especially in poorer regions) are increasing rapidly due to technology and medicine. My professor actually told us there is a projected date as to when Caucasians will cease to exist. So please keep some intelligence in mind when using words like "people", "world", and "race" because unlike your comments... races are not eternal, you see?.
: If you want to know the timeline of social justice I would suggest you take a philosophy or law class. I would point you in the direction of Plato and tell you "social justice warriors" have been around much longer than you think and are definitely not privy to this generation or even this century.
> [{quoted}](name=SoundwaveCanada,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FIGggEdq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-11-27T19:10:58.714+0000) > > If you want to know the timeline of social justice I would suggest you take a philosophy or law class. I would point you in the direction of Plato and tell you &quot;social justice warriors&quot; have been around much longer than you think and are definitely not privy to this generation or even this century. Here's a question that's never been answered before, and believe me much smarter people than us have tried. What is the difference between good and bad? if you answer this correctly you'll be the first and only person to ever do so(this information only privy to the god(s)). My answer was working people shouldn't worry about such things as it interferes with time and progress, work = product after all. That's all I have.
Dasdi96 (NA)
: When did the sjw movement start?
If you want to know the timeline of social justice I would suggest you take a philosophy or law class. I would point you in the direction of Plato and tell you "social justice warriors" have been around much longer than you think and are definitely not privy to this generation or even this century.
: Lol na boards- littered with SJWs
"I always see posts which have something to do with someone being toxic" = the lol community is filled with babies. end quote" I don't know how to make yellow snow but I know it tastes like my toilette.
owlowlowl (EUW)
: well there you go, you just said they can take your wins and they have done so. you NA folks really struggle with typing a coherent sentence don't you? or is it just me not understanding 'american'?
Look familiar Owl? "•I kind of understand not showing other people someone's games played on their profile, but I want to be able to figure my own win/loss in my profile without having to use a 3rd party service." Looks like your comment was a personal attack on Canadians and Americans because you definitely understood my message. Is this coherent enough for you?
owlowlowl (EUW)
: well there you go, you just said they can take your wins and they have done so. you NA folks really struggle with typing a coherent sentence don't you? or is it just me not understanding 'american'?
Actually no Owl, my comment was in post tense as they've already taken my wins (don't believe? check the date of the post) but they can never take my freedom. Maybe you should google the word "coherent" because it seems you only pretend to not understand what I wrote so you can write on the N/A boards. Just like your ancestors pretended to own all of Europe, but in actuality were defeated by my ancestors the Scottish(French) as in Braveheart the movie I was quoting. Btw when you group one random guy's comment to a whole nation(s) by saying (NA folks) you're actually saying I'm uneducated and I don't understand what a majority is. You might want to understand English definitions before you try and understand the values and thoughts of two whole countries, just my educated advice to a country suffering from 100's of years of greed. For your comment Owl, did all of Europe come over to your house and concur with you before you posted? Am I to assume all of Europe folks have troubles with understanding sentence structures? or, is it more probable that it's just Owl and not all of Europe that pretends to not understand Canadians and Americans? Here's a free one for you Owl, "the time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end". P.S.: Next time you write on the N/A boards why not try and be constructive, or heaven forbid try and say something useful. And lastly, I'm glad I'm educated enough to understand you don't represent Europe, as I know there are much better people in Europe than what you've demonstrated here.
: We'll be adding the bots back into custom games with the next patch.
Will you be adding our wins back? or at least give us a reason as to why you would take them from us? not so sincere anymore: Soundwave
Hawckbane (EUW)
: Can i have my Normal wins statistics back please :o not really into ranked you know :V
They made space on my player profile for my useless 280000 riot points, but took away my win counts... Please give us back our wins and stop trying to force us into ranked. If you want to force people around you chose the wrong Country because you can take my wins, but you can never take my Freeeeedom!
: New ALL RANDOM ALL GAME concept for Rotating Game Mode!
There was never anything wrong with the old aram, and yet they've deleted everyone's wins. Just letting you know not to waste your time with asking about aram's or anything gameplay related to arams; such as new game modes, because you will be ignored.
: So I know nobody cares about ARAM but...
Don't worry you're not alone Loli because there are tons of people who don't care. I'm trying to represent the people that do.
Not Code (NA)
: League of Legends is in an incredible spot right now.
"The problem isn't that Riot made this huge mistake that will completely destroy the game". They took away all my aram wins (almost 5000) just like before with Dominion when I had almost 1200. Most tilted n/a
Show more

SoundwaveCanada

Level 256 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion