Rioter Comments
: Riot extreme favoritism strikes again.
It's almost like people buy those skins *thinking*. Its not like they aren't making skins for other champions when they release these skins for them they are normally a part of a group of skins (Think pajama ezreal). Maybe the skins designers just liked the design for lux and ezreal and felt they could best use their creativeness on those champs. If you don't like it don't buy it. As for me I'd rather them give quality skins that they have the creative mind for rather than them trying to force a skin onto a champ and have it look bad.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Naalith (NA)
: I have no clue how ADC mains play this role with any regularity.
Adc main here. Its a feelsbadman right now in the bot lane. I love adc because of the positioning mini game i have to play. But right now I agree with what you said about having the slightly worse support. But even so if you go 2/0 have a nice cs lead over your other adc but your mid lane loses to that yasuo on the enemy team. Well gg because that yasuo will carry harder than you which gives time for the other adc to come back into the game and you lose. I feel like this happens so many times to me. Oh well hopefully I can count on riot to actually break adc's once the crit changes come out and I can actually climb D: Edit: Thank God finally a thread of people having some sympathy for adc mains. Normally we are just flamed thanks good sir!
: > [{quoted}](name=Spârky,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=w6RRI6OO,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-18T16:07:17.396+0000) > > Did you not read his comment? You don't carry by bursting people. You carry by keeping your carries alive. You as shen do not slaughter people yourself. You "slaughter" them by keeping your allies alive. It's a totally different playstyle than playing someone top lane like renekton who is meant to burst people. whats the point of keeping your "carries" alive when theyre feeding and wont be relevant till 40 minutes in a game
Well they wouldn't be feeding if they had a shen keeping them alive {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: I apprecciate your comment but i don't agree, i find no points in goingf ull tank and i find even more hard to slaughter people on shen, you are way to kitable and tbh u won't survive at least you taunt 3 or more champs, i found the build im using now. it was questionable in the first place, but tbh, is the only way i carried , bursting ppl D: And yes, you are goddamn right, shen ad makes no sense, but is better xD
> [{quoted}](name=Pls Buff Shen,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=w6RRI6OO,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-18T09:35:03.650+0000) > > I apprecciate your comment but i don't agree, i find no points in goingf ull tank and i find even more hard to slaughter people on shen, you are way to kitable and tbh u won't survive at least you taunt 3 or more champs, i found the build im using now. it was questionable in the first place, but tbh, is the only way i carried , bursting ppl D: > > And yes, you are goddamn right, shen ad makes no sense, but is better xD Did you not read his comment? You don't carry by bursting people. You carry by keeping your carries alive. You as shen do not slaughter people yourself. You "slaughter" them by keeping your allies alive. It's a totally different playstyle than playing someone top lane like renekton who is meant to burst people.
: The fact that we're going back to 1 rework : 1 new champion release makes me sad.
Random thought. I dont know about you guys but I personally would love riot to tackle the champions that give them issues balancing (like the kalistas and azirs.) and a few of the champions that when strong are always a huge issue (new irelia, vlad). I'd rather them tackle the toxic/hard to balance champions and rework them or maybe just rework a spell or two (think lissandra) than rush to update the older champs. I think that's just my personal preference though but I am curious how many people think the same way.
Khabith (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Spârky,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2vVlzZ7E,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2018-12-11T15:19:44.811+0000) > > Which I wish people realized how difficult adc is. I get it can be frustrating to have a "right click only" champ. But the skill lies in the positioning and not so much on mechanical skill (think zed yasuo etc). I think riot could do a better job of promoting good positioning with adc's but if adc were as easy as some people say it would be the easiest role to climb with in soloq (where in my opinion it is the hardest atm). yeah I'm all with you, I've been maining jungle for a couple of years, but then i got autofilled bot and instead of my usual dodge, I played vayne (cause i got her project skin from a box) and jeesh that's something I dont want to ever do again
> [{quoted}](name=Khabith,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2vVlzZ7E,comment-id=0000000000020000,timestamp=2018-12-11T15:46:10.392+0000) > > yeah I'm all with you, I've been maining jungle for a couple of years, but then i got autofilled bot and instead of my usual dodge, I played vayne (cause i got her project skin from a box) and jeesh that's something I dont want to ever do again Yeah honestly I don't think people realize how team dependent adc's really are. If your team doesn't peel for example as well as the enemy team no amount of adc positioning can save that (to an extent). My other example is that I win bot a good amount I'll be 2/0 with a cs lead but if the enemy mid is also 2/0 it is much easier for the mid to have a bigger impact faster because most adc's can't take over that early (outside of a few cases like lucian for example who needs a nerf).
Khabith (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dr Dog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2vVlzZ7E,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-10T18:33:42.477+0000) > > i dont think ive seen a single constructive "adcs arent weak" post, and i think ive seen about one of those from someone that actually plays the role ADC is a harsh role to balance, because to most people ADCing just right clicking.
> [{quoted}](name=Khabith,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2vVlzZ7E,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-10T18:37:41.488+0000) > > ADC is a harsh role to balance, because to most people ADCing just right clicking. Which I wish people realized how difficult adc is. I get it can be frustrating to have a "right click only" champ. But the skill lies in the positioning and not so much on mechanical skill (think zed yasuo etc). I think riot could do a better job of promoting good positioning with adc's but if adc were as easy as some people say it would be the easiest role to climb with in soloq (where in my opinion it is the hardest atm).
: Stan Lee just died at age 95
F. Rest in Peace to the real superhero
: I feel bad for all of you that still believe Riot can unfuck their game at this point
The non-vocal people who enjoy this game but dont speak out about it due to the echo chamber the boards is for hating riot enjoy this game. I personally enjoy it because it always changes. People complain that "X is broken fix it" but to me something will always be the best. There is no perfect balance and some people are always going to have an opinion on how to balance the game. But to me I look at each patch as a new challenge to learn something new. I'm an adc main and when marksmen went away I didn't complain. I loved learning the new bot laners and trying some fresh stuff out. I get it though. It can be frustrating to see Graves in all of your games. There will be some down parts every year for everyone but the fact of the matter is league is ever changing so it won't last and new challenges will pop up. I think this whole balance team sucks is just a mentality. People just want an excuse because they can't cope with what's strong and learn new things. Just my opinion however. Hope everyone has a great day!
: It does make sense but at the same time it is still pretty crushing. It feels totally winnable and you convince yourself to stay positive all lane phase and then teamfights happen and you get your first death. And then you kinda just realize.
> [{quoted}](name=OtterlyLost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=N44WE58e,comment-id=00060001000000010000,timestamp=2018-10-05T12:04:23.519+0000) > > It does make sense but at the same time it is still pretty crushing. It feels totally winnable and you convince yourself to stay positive all lane phase and then teamfights happen and you get your first death. And then you kinda just realize. This actually doesn't tilt me anymore. To me I think of it as a challenge to do even better in lane. What tilts me is if I'm playing a hyper carry with no escapes and a fight breaks out. You know the awkward fights where as an adc if you step up the enemy team is just waiting for you to take that step so you die. So your team loses the fight and you are the last one alive and you get pinged and flamed in chat that you didn't do anything when if you did step at all forward you would just insta die. Wish people knew more about how difficult adc positioning is (especially in gold elo) so that I don't get flamed XD
: Hell you can see that in soloqueue. I cant tell you how many times I've been part of a bot lane that won hard but consequently turned around and didnt win the game because I just cant carry three other players failing.
> [{quoted}](name=OtterlyLost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=N44WE58e,comment-id=000600010000,timestamp=2018-10-04T16:01:40.496+0000) > > Hell you can see that in soloqueue. I cant tell you how many times I've been part of a bot lane that won hard but consequently turned around and didnt win the game because I just cant carry three other players failing. As an adc main i totally feel that. Too many times. But it makes sense because thats because the 60% of your team is more than the 40% in the bot lane
: for those disagreeing with me. fine its fine to disagree. but we've had over 25 games so far. not a single fucking game did the behind bot lane lose no. being 5 cs behind in lane doesn't mean your losing lane. it means your even. and don't fucking lie to my face when you sau "OH ZEITNOT SMASHED bot" when he didn't.
> [{quoted}](name=RankOneWakanda,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=N44WE58e,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-10-04T15:15:01.008+0000) > > for those disagreeing with me. fine its fine to disagree. but we've had over 25 games so far. not a single fucking game did the behind bot lane lose > > no. being 5 cs behind in lane doesn't mean your losing lane. it means your even. and don't fucking lie to my face when you sau "OH ZEITNOT SMASHED bot" > > when he didn't. I get the frustration but I'm sorry the fact that there being 4 people in one lane should mean they matter more. "So if bot loses its gg" Well yes since that's 2 of your 5 players. Same should happen if your bot does well but the rest of your map doesn't they lose. (which if you look at that statistic from worlds is also 100% true)
: > [{quoted}](name=T3H UB3RN07,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7IIgW89d,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-26T15:58:00.230+0000) > > Nah kust keep buffing everyone until everyone feels unique again and the op bs starts to balance itself out bc of other op bs Isn't the alternative a hundred times better?
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7IIgW89d,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-26T16:14:59.445+0000) > > Isn't the alternative a hundred times better? actually he's not wrong. If they buff everything it will be balanced as before. Just instead of everyone doing 1 dmg (an example) everyone will be doing 2 dmg
: Who's the most balanced champion? And who's the most forgotten champion?
Balanced: {{champion:202}} (although this current meta is making me rethink that) but jhin has such clear strengths and weaknesses that prior to this meta nobody complained about playing against him. But since this is the meta I'll say {{champion:267}} Forgotten: {{champion:120}} edit: Forgot Hecarim is popular again thanks C9....
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: Actually, gaming is an industry that's dominated by men In league, there has only been 1 female player compared to hundreds of male players So yes, i would say that gaming is dominated by men And btw, women not being interested in gaming is a really shitty stereotype
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-05T20:19:28.198+0000) > > Actually, gaming is an industry that's dominated by men > In league, there has only been 1 female player compared to hundreds of male players > > So yes, i would say that gaming is dominated by men > > And btw, women not being interested in gaming is a really shitty stereotype Its not a shitty stereotype if it's true? Why can't guys and girls have different interests? If you do research about 55% of gamers are male and the remaining 45% is female. So overall a true "gamer" is a lot closer than people realize. But if you really dig in you will find that girls tend to play a game and quit a lot. So of that roughly 45% about 80% of that changes every year as females give up video games to pursue other careers/interests. About 7/10 males under the age of 30 say that they sometimes or often play video games compared to the 49% of females in the same age group. So if you do your research women are more likely to try new things than males hence why the playerbase sits around 45% of all gamers but males tend to stick with video games. Its really just different interests. That doesn't mean some females can't like video games and some males can't hate video games its just in general what the trend is that's all.
: Ranked is more about hoping you didnt get a terrible teamate
Personally think this is the mentality that riot brought to us in the times where games were decided super fast so they gave us ff15 for some reason so now people think that one death is gg ff15 which irks me. Idk what can be done though about a mentality from the game designers perspective gotta be something the players change. I have so many comeback stories the past few patches i just have to convince my teammates to not ff/give them a reason to not ff (by focusing on me and trying to carry)
: Please just listen to the request of a sad Jhin main
I as well play a lot of jhin and my personal feeling is that he isn't too out of line. Note how he didn't appear in the patch notes then all of a sudden become busted. I think it was a bunch of outside things that pushed jhin back to the top (not even gonna go down the stormrazor path cause obv its great on him) But games shifted where he wasn't getting outscaled and isn't getting bullied anymore in lane. (kaisa/lucian/ezreal days) Now the meta is in a really good spot for him cause games have extended a fair bit and he can get his items to become the flash while tanking everyone for 600 dmg. While I think its annoying to play against. His overall dps is the same/worse than other adc's. He's a bursty adc by design. I think as meta changes and riot changes stormrazor like they said they were more a/s less raw ad he'll fall back in line. Just my thoughts though I think the whole jhin is op is a knee jerk reaction to him being strong.
: Shorter Game Times in the Korean Server and the reasons why it's preferred there
I've always gotten the logic of ff'ing games but honestly I don't think it's good for the longevity of league. If they start supporting this give up its hopeless attitude then the game is gonna go downhill fast and almost to me feels like its starting to happen. At least at my Gold 2 elo when I get a game that everyone wants to try till the end and we do come back and win its the best feeling in the world to comeback because people throw. Also the recent game pacing changes have changed snowballing so much that you can actually finally make a decent comeback but people still have ptsd and say after 2 deaths gg wp ff15. I just don't think that is right at all. I get wanting to get out of a bad game but I think people will find themselves enjoying the game more if they tried for that comeback win so that they can get that satisfaction. I look at ff'ing like the easy way out of a bad situation. Where as if you actually put in work and still come up short you can learn from it but if you win you feel all the better. Like i said I get the whole ff15 thing it just bothers me with this giving up attitude the league community has.
: League of legends a game that is not dying
So I like the idea of balancing around pro play here's why. The biggest reason is it means that you can always improve. If you balance and cater toward the "casuals" or not so good players (not rank shaming at all cause I'm trash) then you lose the competitiveness of the game because you make it so easy to play. League is meant to make sure you can always get better at it. Also I hate the people that say that they are "casual" players but put enough energy to complain on the boards. So obviously you aren't a "casual" player because you at least put some energy into the game. I think of casual players as people that like to pick up a game and have fun every now and then. If you were a casual player you wouldn't care about what is meta you would just do what you wanted to do to have fun. Winning wouldn't be the end all for you. I know this because I "casually" play games as well just like a good majority of people. Just my thought cause I see this topic come up a lot. Cause me having some friends that play casually they don't give a damn about the meta or care at all. They just play stuff like zoe/riven bot lane just to have fun with it.
: But doesn't actually stop any of the AD or duskblade passive, has to be stacked, and delays your other items.....But that's none of my business
delays your other items... not like that item is core on almost every build for mages and guess what it also gives ap... I get it's not optimal but lets not act like its THAT bad.
: State of the Game
Personally I like points 2,5,6 The others I entirely disagree with. 2: I think assassins have gotten way to many indirect buffs. With basically the meta favoring early game stuff and resistances being a joke. Tabi nerfs way back when. A sprinkle of assassin buffs to the champs themselves stuff like that. I don't think anyone argues assassins are too strong but I personally think its more of tanks being too weak/ peel being too weak not that they themselves are out of line. 5: I think riot needs to add more defensive runes to other trees other than resolve. Before runes reforged you could take your defensive runes in a bad matchup. Now it seems every non keystone rune in anything that isn't resolve is an offensive rune. Get some diversity in there and add some defensive runes too the other trees so that we the players can have more variety in runes. Cause right now it seems that there is one best thing to take on every champ and that doesn't change at all from game to game (assuming you play the same champ) 6: This is a weird one to me. Because I don't like the idea of making melee/ranged only because the game has never been made or geared around that. But I also think that riot needs to do something about these edge items. Personally I think when riot builds items geared towards bruisers it creates a problem biggest example was black cleaver. Then again the bruiser class has always had it's issues that I think riot are still trying to figure out how to handle. 1, 3, 4: GAmes IN MY OPINION are almost at the right length. I think people just still have that ptsd of when snowballing was at it's worst so now everyone has the attitude of i died twice time to ff15. personally I'd like to get rid of ff15 so that people are more obligated to play it out because so many times i have seen teams get a huge lead and throw it away because of the elo im in. WHo doesn't like a good comeback story. ADC's are fine. Meta just sucks for them because crit adc's are strong but the early game meta just doesn't allow them to get online (most of the time). I don't think damage dealt is way too high again I think resistances and building defensively is hot garbage. Wouldn't mind if riot put some effort into buffing defensive builds which in turn would also help out point #2 Just my thoughts feel free to critique or flame me if you feel the need too just my general thoughts on the game coming from a gold (trash) 2 adc main
Blynx (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Spârky,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2zY4W8UA,comment-id=00160000,timestamp=2018-07-05T15:20:36.720+0000) > > Agreed. But as an adc main I think most people's frustration including myself. Is that our late game is so damn good now if you get there. BUT they made adc's early game dog shit during a meta where games were not already going late. So now we got this class that is geared toward late game but most games don't last that long. Honestly I don't want riot to touch adc's. If they buff the late game adc's and the meta ever slows down we are going to have so many strong adc's. I want them to keep looking at snowballing then these different picks in the bot lane will end up going away in favor of the crit adc's again. YES. Stop the fucking snowball!
Agree 100% but not going to lie I don't want riot to do too much more. I think at this point it's the community mentality of oh i died twice gg ff15. I play so many games in gold where the enemies get leads and throw them away way too easy. After the bounty/death timer work this past patch snowball has slowed down and I do feel it. i also feel as that mentality though of when snowball was the worst is still around causing games to FEEL like they snowball super hard. But that's just my personal feeling of it. I'm averaging ~37 minute games in gold elo (Ik im trash) and that to me is fine by me maybe do some work to towers then see where we at.
: I agree that ADC's early game should be touched-up a little bit but not too much as to that they're always good no matter what spot of the game they're in, but for that great late game you gotta make up for that with nothing early game. But itemization for ADC's are whats lacking, I kinda wish that riot made the new infinity edge into a separate item that costed around the same as Rabadon's if not more, so then Yasuo wouldn't be as broken and ADC's would have more items. Right now its obvious that other champions have taken their place in bot lane, but only due to the lack of crit ADC's having a terrible late game, also champions like Lucian and Ezreal are way more viable now since they don't rely too much on crit, and Kai'Sa has moved from AD to AP for the most part due to her kit being really strong with W (personal preference). All in all, I like how bot lane is, but some things need changed, badly.
My only complaint with this response is that you said cri ADC's have a terrible late game. This is the most false thing I have ever seen. At ie with double zeal Crit adc's do ~39% more damage than before. When you get to full build it gets even higher. The issue is that by the time you get to 3 items the lucian you were laning against already has 6 because he's killed you/others so much and its just too late at that point. The crit adc's just take too long to scale up/turn on. WHICH ITS FINE. Like I said games don't last that long anymore hence why you see Ezreal and Lucian who have 2 item powerspikes and are earlier game carries. Once they make towers not paper weak and slow down the game you will see how broken the new crit adc's are. They are just unfavorable in the meta. This one is kinda similar to the lethality meta in bot lane where it's the early game champs that are strong not the late game one's.
: Cait is really good late game (I just had a 55min game and she was really strong.) Its just that in this current meta the game doesn't last long enough for adc's to reach their full potential if they don't snowball in lane. Plus I don't really think she should be buffed at all right now, with her range she can deal serious damage to bruisers before they close the gap on her, even then she can place a trap, auto, E, auto again when you're coming at her. Add that damage to her with full build and if the headshot proc goes off, and thats a good 2/3 of someones health bar, that is, if they didn't stack a bunch of armor.
Agreed. But as an adc main I think most people's frustration including myself. Is that our late game is so damn good now if you get there. BUT they made adc's early game dog shit during a meta where games were not already going late. So now we got this class that is geared toward late game but most games don't last that long. Honestly I don't want riot to touch adc's. If they buff the late game adc's and the meta ever slows down we are going to have so many strong adc's. I want them to keep looking at snowballing then these different picks in the bot lane will end up going away in favor of the crit adc's again.
: My thoughts on playing ADC atm.
Idk to me it seems like riot made it so that the adc's have really high high's and super low low's. The issue with that on a class that is the only gold and exp dependent class is that it makes the non op adc's have insanely low low's compared to the meta adc's. I find the 3 meta marksmen ezreal/kaisa/lucian all have two things in common. That their mid game is exceptional, and they don't build crit. 3 items on these guys and it's nuts. But what makes it work is that they can hit 3 items before the crit adc's cause their laning is so dominant/safe (ezreal). Personally what I'd like riot to do as an adc main is either raise the cost of botrk again. Also look at the anti synergy of double zeal items with ie. You get 120% crit and that's 20% crit you don't get to use and since 1% crit = 60g that's 1200 gold not being used. It might not be a big deal but if riot wants to buff crit adc's without pushing it overboard that might be a good place to start.
: As A Marksman Main...
I will say I saw meddler say that they explored with changes like that but that it made too many new problems so they are just directly nerfing the offenders like yi/nunu/karthus/taric. Which makes sense because god knows what the next op thing could be if we changes a systematic thing like exp
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 22
Can I point out that if you go double zeal with the current Ie you get 120% crit. That's 20% crit that you don't use. And 1% crit= 60 gold so basically are spending 1200 gold on something you can't use. Is that something that potentially could be looked at for the crit adc's?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 8
Can I ask what ideas you have for adc's so that they aren't just left with nowhere to go. (seeing all the yasuo, ornn, irelia, and kled's in the bot lane) Just curious as an adc main.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tzGO4fpr,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-29T06:14:03.891+0000) > > IIRC they're suing them for a specific copyright infringement in Korea, not just 'for making another battle royale'. Yeah but they also stated that they're suing because of similar gameplay. And I'm not saying that PUBG won't be able to do that, but if PUBG succeed in it, other Battle Royale game could just do the same thing to make money because PUBG also "COPY" their gameplay concept
> [{quoted}](name=Kamehaamehaa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tzGO4fpr,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-05-29T06:30:38.050+0000) > > Yeah but they also stated that they're suing because of similar gameplay. And I'm not saying that PUBG won't be able to do that, but if PUBG succeed in it, other Battle Royale game could just do the same thing to make money because PUBG also "COPY" their gameplay concept So i did some digging into this. It turns out because PlayerUnknown himself worked on H1Z1 and left that company to create Pubg H1Z1 actually can't touch pubg itself because its the same "developer" and H1Z1 agreed to let him work on Pubg. (So basically Pubg itself is almost untouchable from that matter cause they both are made from the same developer hence he can't "steal" his own idea. This is such a weird senario though i'm curious so i'll continue to look into what will come from this) Edit: For anyone wondering. This lawsuit was talked about on fortnites release and filed in January. It's coming up now because it was filed in January but now it is actually going through. Also Pubg was built on Unreal Engine which was made by Epic Games. The issue now is now that Epic Games is their competitor Epic Games can/was withholding updates to the software giving Epic Games the edge. Honestly not much will probably come from this. In my opinion it's probably just a lawsuit that will end up making Epic Games give Pubg the updates when they get them. That's all I see happening from this which is probably all Pubg wanted in the first place..
: ya but people like me just end up getting lumped in with the bad ones
You and me both bro. Gold 3 adc main but if i ever say that my opinion is discredited due to posts like this.. Makes me sad for the community. I agree adc's are op but I think its a bigger issue than just the marksmen role (tanks and so many dang shields) I hope the adc change changes supports too so that supports aren't just for adc's but more supportive for the whole team.
: League of Legends has forsaken Strategy in favour of Gimmicks
So the way I look at these so called "gimmicks" is riot doing unorthodox things they haven't done before. So many times I have seen people not like a season and list reasons and then compare them to season 5 and 6. What I have noticed a ton (not saying it applies to you) Is riot went out of their way to make major changes so that the game wouldn't be the same. That's what makes this game so successful is the fact that it is always changing. People loved season 6 as did I but I also love this season. Why? Because I'm not the one to be stuck in the past. I like the challenge of learning the new stuff every patch and the ebb and flow of the game its what got me into it in the first place. It just seems to me people want one meta the way they want it and don't want it to change. I get people don't like change and balance is a subjective thing hence why there will NEVER be a perfect balance. Overall to address one of your points more in depth I think plants were a little something that was a great addition in a time where mobility junglers reigned supreme. So blast cones allow more variety in the jungle role. It isn't that gimmicky because you only have to remember to have someone hit the blast cone by the baron or dragon so it rewards your setup more. Just my thoughts though. I should say I'm a very upbeat person and like the new challenges of league no matter what the change is. I'm not one to complain about something I'd rather figure out what i did wrong and improve to fix it. Just some rambling thoughts from a person who nobody will probably agree with but here it is any way ;D
Dasdi96 (NA)
: Knockups are way too common and powerful compared to other forms of cc.
I was having this thought the other day and my two solutions that I came up with was either just adding it to tenacity or making a whole new boot or item geared around you being "heavier" all that it does is make knockups not last as long. (Think Steel toed boots since they are heavier) stuff like that. Just a thought and a starting point.
Giliorius (EUW)
: The biggest issue with the 2019 ranked format
The way around this issue would be that if you position swap it still gives you the mmr for the role you got. So say you got bot like in your example and swapped with mid you would gain rank in your bot role still. That way after a few games even if you get your off role it wouldn't matter if you swap roles since your "off" role is similar rank to that of your main role.
: Lol. These runes are literally the same. DMG DMG DMG in every rune and utility or sustain.literally no diversity. Same runes all the time. They didn't contain any fire. Containing fire would be increasing zeal items price at the beginning of s8. Nothing has been done yet. They just announced changes that are supposed to fix things but we don't know if they deliver them properly. Considering they already lied few patches ago about fixing shields and didn't deliver the changes I won't believe any announcements untill it actually happens and fix things.
They have to have dmg in every rune because they took away the starting runes from before... I see you are a part of the adc hate circlejerk which is fine but honestly saying they "lied" is so wrong of people to say. Stuff happens that they cant go through on. Maybe they were but last second they found a huge issue with it. We don't know so we have to trust that the company is doing the best they can for the players and if you don't trust them then why are you playing the game? You are entitled to your opinion but I think the runes reforged was great for the game now i didn't have to worry about buying runes anymore like the old system. But that's just my thoughts. Not saying mine is right or yours is right. Just my opinion.
: > [{quoted}](name=PG Sparky,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6w3NQEYl,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-04-24T13:54:03.552+0000) > > Why complain that it is before the bot lane changes? Riot already said that was the mid season patch. So why not do it now since riot obviously had the time and this is a pretty significant change so they can't do it during an LCS season. That just seems like such a terrible reason to hate the mage update when riot told us when to expect the bot lane changes... Because you ar eputting mid behind bot even further than it already is in game impact thats why. Its clear which ones should take precedence. Also your statement is kinda contradictory, the mana changes are pretty huge for LCS and they could of easily added them to mid season/directly after the bot changes so what exactly is your point point. P.S.: OP Doran's Ring IS actually weaker than live , i noticed you compared the "5 mana per 5 seconds" to the "4 upon killing a unit" but completely ignored the removal of the "50% mana regen" which makes it actually worse than live doran's ring(which the devs themselves said it would be worse). The +5 hit to minions is nothing. You didnt take Doran's ring for the minion mana on kill, you took it for the 50% Mana regen. For early game {{item:2033}} is just going to be more effective in every way.
Or they could do the mana changes now when no games are going on. (Think the play ins just started?) Regardless. It doesn't matter anyway because you say it puts mages further behind than adc's when the op point was it wasn't really that much of a "nerf" just making seraphs less generalist. So in that way it leaves mages right where they are if not better but just changes things around (only time will tell how good this change is) secondly, if you have ever designed a game or anything the process pretty much works for big stuff like this everyone throws ideas around and they scrap them but sometimes one of them sticks and then you better get designing it while you have the idea. Unless there is proper reason to wait (like the adc update). Somebody at riot probably had this idea and everyone else liked it so he got to work and it is done right now so they are shipping it. That's normally how this stuff works. Makes no sense to wait till after teh adc's. Why not release it now and if they need changing before the next lcs season they can do it and have lots of data to make the proper changes since this is a pretty big change for the lcs.
: Myth: Mages are complaining about mana changes because they think its going to gut mages Fact: Mages are complaining about mana changes because they are before bot lane changes and does nothing to address Assassin's Viability. Conclusion, this thread is pointless and much like the Dev,s the OP is reading nothing but titles.
Why complain that it is before the bot lane changes? Riot already said that was the mid season patch. So why not do it now since riot obviously had the time and this is a pretty significant change so they can't do it during an LCS season. That just seems like such a terrible reason to hate the mage update when riot told us when to expect the bot lane changes...
: That might have been true if we spoke about a competent gaming company. Riot lead designers are simplifying everything in their might. So after making champions be able to build only one or two builds path they won't do any changes to increase the variety. This game is being simplified since s5 and it is getting worse and worse every year.
I would agree with you until this year. I really like what riot has done this season so far to stop going down that path. I think they learned from their mistakes and the runes remastered actually was really successful contrary to popular belief was actually really good for the game as a whole. Adc's are getting changed at mid season and so are mages. So to me it seems as if riot is realizing their mistakes and taking the bullet to use this time to make big changes to the game in attempt to fix the past season's mistakes. Which I think they are doing just fine at doing. Everyone is complaining about this adc meta but riot has done a good job of "containing the fire" so that it doesn't get out of hand before they can "put out the fire" during the mid season update. People are so keen to hate a company for what they are doing but if you look critically they are slowly making the necessary steps to fix what they have wronged.
: > [{quoted}](name=PG Sparky,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Wi77FLtM,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2018-04-23T00:19:55.970+0000) > > Just going to put my 2 cents in here and say that I think these changes are actually for the better. Here me out. I think their reasoning is poor. But Lets be honest in the LCS its basically been ori,syndra,cass,ryze,taliyah,vlad, and azir for forever. I think that people are thinking that these champs should just be nerfed but what riot must have noticed that by doing this it makes these S tier mages less of a generalist. I think that's the main issue here. All of these champs don't excel at one specific thing but are decent-good at everything making them more appealing to pick then other mages. I think this change will make it so that these champs are less generalist while not just nerfing these champs then falling into the same issue with the next tier mages that take their spot. I think riot is just trying to make mages less of a generalist (can wave clear, teamfight, skirmish, etc) So I'd like to see these changes on live before i judge and see if my thinking is right. Yeah but isn't it going about it the wrong way, like for instance Annie has 6 viable item builds and now she'll have 2; changes that narrow variety aren't fun for the game in general. And it doesn't even tackle Vlad.
I think right now it is the wrong way. But maybe riot sees a way down the road where they can create champion variety while cutting down on item variety which i think is fine. Right now you say annie has 2 maybe down the road they can make more changes after this then she has 4 item builds. They sacrificed 2 item builds to make the non oppressive mid laners less oppressive which I think is totally fine for the game.
Rainfall (EUNE)
: RIot Your Testing Team Is Clueless.....
Just going to put my 2 cents in here and say that I think these changes are actually for the better. Here me out. I think their reasoning is poor. But Lets be honest in the LCS its basically been ori,syndra,cass,ryze,taliyah,vlad, and azir for forever. I think that people are thinking that these champs should just be nerfed but what riot must have noticed that by doing this it makes these S tier mages less of a generalist. I think that's the main issue here. All of these champs don't excel at one specific thing but are decent-good at everything making them more appealing to pick then other mages. I think this change will make it so that these champs are less generalist while not just nerfing these champs then falling into the same issue with the next tier mages that take their spot. I think riot is just trying to make mages less of a generalist (can wave clear, teamfight, skirmish, etc) So I'd like to see these changes on live before i judge and see if my thinking is right.
: So all mages are getting nerfed hard on the PBE
That feel when people forget that midseason is the adc rework so they don't have to put up with adc's for too much longer. (thank God and this is coming from the adc main)
Onotori (NA)
: Yeah, no. That's a fucking placebo nerf. She needs much, much harder nerfs than that. That's a little lovetap. The ratio on her W needs to go down, and % damage on her passive needs to go down. She's already got god tier autos thanks to the bullshit items ADCs have, so her abilities don't need to do 800+ damage each. And it's easy to tell if a champ is too strong, too weak or just right. But balance doesn't make money in an F2P game, especially when new stuff is involved, so we'll just ignore everything and let champs warp the game for months on end to make some money off of them.
you actually think video game businesses make money from letting a fotm pick go un nerfed. Most video game industries have to change stuff like that otherwise their monthly income actually goes down. your logic is backward. Riot needs to keep the people happy in order to make money. So by letting a majority of the people hate a champion (zoe lol) they actually push people away from the game and then they don't get revenue from those people buying stuff for their game. My credentials for knowing this is just general business stuff which is what im going to college for. I'm just so tired of people thinking riot just lets champs go crazy for months. They probably nerf slow because they don't want to overreact and people say it takes too long but then if they "olaf" a champ people on the boards freak out saying they went way out of line. Such is the life of the boards where it is such a small percentage of the community that thinks that riot balances the entire game around the boards and reddit... my personal thoughts as an adc main is that kaisa is annoying but there are some matchups that kaisa just hates like ezreal and caitlyn but from my experience any engage support or support with cc against kaisa is super good against her and if kaisa doesn't have a support with reliable cc in lane she is really hard to play then because shes a good kill lane with the likes of leona and alistar and thresh.
Hibeki (NA)
: If riot wants to stop allegations of game states they need to start providing actual info.
Just going to pop in here and from a business side of things there are reasons to not reveal info such as mmr to the public. The main reason for not releasing the mmr for example is so that people can't copy how it's done and apply it to other games. For example I'm sure league has it's own algorithm for figuring out your mmr. IF they released that then they would also release their way of doing it. Also there are some studies (very few actual studies done but almost all of them) show that by not showing what rank you are or really these studies were more general but basically shows that by not showing how good someone is at something they are more likely to try harder and play longer to make sure that they are where they want to be. People if they knew they would set a goal and say something like 1900 mmr is my goal then would try super hard and once they get there they would feel accomplished and stop playing as consistently. Not saying this is everyone I'm just a normal college student that is going into video game design while taking business classes. Also there might be some other business reason's riot can't post their data. My thought is riot either have to tell us why they can't or just post it. But for them not to post it isn't as absurd as people think it is.
darkdill (NA)
: Is the mentality of "Miss a minion by 1 HP? You're bad." what Riot wants?
I mean that was what they wanted. Let people time their aggression and punish you for going for that cannon minion... I like the change personally
: The State of ADCs right now: Balanced or Broken... ?
After much thought as an adc main this is what i notice. Aftershock: How this does help with more engage supports as opposed to shield supports. Knights vow/Locket with champs like braum and TK being popular so both like aftershock (although not sure about TK) But just because shield supports aren't meta there is still so much safety coming from the supports for adc's Lifesteal: One thing I think is breaking the game for adc's is the availability of lifesteal from runes. I think fleet footwork needs to just be removed or changed. The fact that adc's get a free pass in laning phase because of this plus legend:bloodline helps give late game carries get through laning phase easier without getting punished. The fact that most adc's aren't building lifesteal in their buildpath until late (normally mercurial) but still gets so much survivability just from runes is an issue for me Solutions: My one solution would be say a minion has 2 hp left and you auto attack it. Currently the adc with lifesteal gets healed based on how much damage your auto does even if it overkills the minion. I think a small but meaningful change would be to make it so lifesteal is based on how much damage you do to the target instead of just your auto. The difference being if your auto does 200 dmg and you have 10% lifesteal you get 20 hp back even if the target only has 100 hp. With this change if you have 10% lifesteal and deal 200 dmg but the target has 100 hp you will only get 10 hp from lifesteal. (obviously probably not a perfect system but just a start. Another thing I thought about was not getting lifesteal for hitting a shield (how are you lifestealing if they aren't losing any life?). The solution for solving supports is beyond me I think there are lots of things that are causing supports to be overTUNED not over powered. I think that they have the cheapest items but now have more gold than ever is creating part of the issue but I think some support items are just overpowered as well. Hopefully mid season fixes some of these issues but until then these are my thoughts.
: I disagree. People hate champs that force interactivity like Yasuo, Illaoi, Malphite, Alistar and Leona so I can't jive with that argument. If a champ out there has a kit that says, "don't ignore me, this isn't a farming simulator" they're hated. People wanted average length games for forever. Back in 2016 I remember topic upon topic bemoaning hour long or 50 minute matches while some matches lasted only 30 mins. People wanted consistency. In order to resolve this, Riot added more meaningful objectives like Rift Herald, and made Dragon more important. This made the jungle somewhere people traveled and they wanted to make flash less of a necessity so they added plants like the blastcone. The game is the most skill based it's ever been, and it's also the most consistent. If the winning team plays their hand right they'll most likely win. If the losing team keeps making small mistakes, those mistakes will compound much higher and they'll lose. The downside of more consistent games is the lack of upsets and comebacks so losing players tend to lose more w/o knowing why. They don't know that they lost due to miscalculating the importance of early game microagressions or lack of warding. All they know is that once the game reaches 20 mins they probably can't bring it back. They try, the game lasts for 10 more minutes maybe and the game ends at 30.
Man. I love you for saying this. This is the most true thing ever. People feel like there is no counter play because there is none. The other team sometimes just knows how to close a game out. Which is showing skill. The team ahead should be able to snowball to victory unless they mess up in which case now its on the other team to show their skill and punish that. Also totally agree that it is the most consistent. 2016 was so wacky. Some games would be 50 minutes others would be the inhibs down at 25 ahh the ptsd is kicking in now XD
Show more

Spârky

Level 266 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion