: Who are your top 2 champs per position? Please comment
Kuponya (NA)
: Only someone who frequently "loses" (5th-8th) would claim this. To try to "do badly" and throw early matches for a draft pick advantage makes a significant negative impact as opposed to trying to do well. Having an advantage in 1-2 drafts won't matter if you do not have the HP left to risk holding onto a better economy. Trying to do well on the other hand keeps you healthy enough that you aren't forced to make choices earlier on and let's not forget that each pvp win grants you 1g.
If I am putting myself in a position where I can lose HP early, I get earlier options of getting the exact item I want to complete my Spear of Shojin or change my Vayne to a blademaster. If I am putting myself in a position where I can sandbag the HP while still losing, I will maintain health while getting priority for the draft. If I can keep myself losing I don't feel pressured to constantly dig for upgrades and can bank up to 50g quickly. I have countless times gone down below 30 health, picked up an Asol or Draven or completed my assassin comp while losing and then snowball the entire game because I shot up to 50g so quickly and now have all the specific items I want. To say that someone who "loses" would try to do this is ridiculous as it is a higher risk but very high reward style that can easily result in a win.
: 0.022 attack speed difference after getting out of E. It really is an huge nerf if he attacks 2% slower than before after casting his go-to "oh shit" button /s
Because we all know Kennen only ever autos when he hits his E
: Why is Kennen getting a compensation buff?
I don't think you understand how big losing .65 Attack speed is. It effects every multiplier from building attack speed items
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: No ADC is building armor penetration, why is this not talked about?
Ok, lets take a look at their last 20 games. Rekkless has * 2 games of Corki who does not build armor pen because of his high magic damage split. * 1 game of Ezreal who has a high magic damage split * 1 game of Draven where it could be even considered, but Olaf is literally the only tank * 1 game of Hybrid Kaisa who would never want to build Armor pen because hybrid * 1 game of Ashe that ends at 2 items * 1 game of Caitlyn where it could be considered (if Mordekaiser wasn't ulting the sejuani in every fight to remove the mega teamfight tank) where the enemy sivir who HAD good reason to get it (see 12 armor items on the enemy team) and did get it * 1 game of ashe where the only armor was one chain vest * Fuck ton of mage bot lanes Ok maybe that's a fluke. We'll look at your other two links. Matty has ONE game of ADC (Lucian, who already falls off late game, around the time you would BUY a LW item) go past 3 items where the other team even HAS a tank (and the tank is a bruiser. And he lost.) Ok maybe that's TWO flukes. Let's look at the last one. Hogane has ONE game with a tank (Lucian vs amumu) where he picks up Black cleaver (an armor pen item) that goes anywhere near resembling a late game. The rest of them are against comps like Nidalee Karma Kennen (boy I wonder why he didn't buy last whisper) and Yasuo (who last I checked got armor pen on his Ultimate for crits).
TrenixPL (NA)
: Have you actually played the game before? Your front-line moves forward and assassins have a delay before they jump to their target. This is why forums are trash, because it's often filled with people who don't even know about what they're talking about and most likely barely play.
Even if they get to your backline if you corner properly then only 2, MAYBE 3 can even get to your backline spaces at all if they're lucky.
: Assassin needs nerf!
Nobles beat assassins Yordles beat assassins Glacial beats assassins Shyvana w/ PD and Asol beats assassins
darkdill (NA)
: Shouldn't anti-shield mechanics be introduced to items rather than specific Champions?
No, anti-shield items should not be introduced. What winds up happening is just another grievous wounds where healing has to be insane in order to be somewhat useful since GW is around. Putting it on champions lets you balance it better than putting it on an item anyone can buy.
: Cause MMR got fucked early. People are in divisions they don't belong in.
M8 this meme has been around for 9 seasons.
: dude nobody wants this mode cease if u want it play it elsewhere other than a moba specific client
> [{quoted}](name=rito are scambgs,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Awyb2cpV,comment-id=00040000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T20:02:03.341+0000) > > dude nobody wants this mode cease > if u want it play it elsewhere other than a moba specific client "nobody wants to play this mode" "the queue for this mode is so massive that it is backing up servers" pick one.
: lol yeah and the dozens of other people spamming tft complaints posts everyday
> [{quoted}](name=rito are scambgs,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Awyb2cpV,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T19:57:31.135+0000) > > lol yeah and the dozens of other people spamming tft complaints posts everyday dozens < everyone Crazy idea, maybe the reason you see spam about hating it is because the people who are enjoying it are leaving suggestions in megathreads and actually enjoying the mode instead of going to the forums to complain about it :O
: Everybody should get the same amount of items.
IMO its fine for their to be a minor RNG difference of 1, MAYBE 2 item bonus on a wave like wolves or raptors, but the big monster on each wave SHOULD drop at least one item to balance it out.
: idc about you dude i have touched the mode once twice max
> [{quoted}](name=rito are scambgs,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Awyb2cpV,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T18:51:38.316+0000) > > idc about you dude i have touched the mode once twice max So YOU don't care about the game mode. You are not everyone.
: make tft a separate game
I don't think you understand how that works. If they made a separate client or something for TFT, then the people who want to play TFT instead of ranked will STILL be playing TFT instead of ranked, meaning ranked will have the same amount of queue time. "Nobody wants this game" then why are there so many people playing it that ranked has a "3 hour queue time"
DUDE BRO (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=QnUnVv0r,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-28T05:42:31.514+0000) > > The game has immense depth when played correctly but if it’s not for you then you will not commit to understand it. One hand on mouse, other hand with fingers crossed.
If you want a game that is mechanically demanding why are you playing league when games like SC2 exist?
Rioter Comments
: You just proved my point further. The job of the support is to KEEP THE ADC ALIVE, not carry the entire lane and outdamage the enemy, you're a helper, not a carry. The adc should be doing the stomping with the help of the support, not the opposite.
As a bot lane you two are there to help each other. It's not one person's job to do the brunt work of the lane and the other to be the designated "helper". The best jannas and sorakas aren't the ones who hide and heal/shield, they're the ones using the spells to harass and zone control.
: Mage supports take away all the hard bits of playing a mage mid and shouldn't exist, change my mind.
You are playing against 2 people with cc instead of 1 as an immobile champion who is completely cooldown based in a lane designed around a champion with high sustained damage and a champion with tools to protect against burst
: AFK is too punishing for teammates
Taking away less MMR for afk teammates just teaches people to try to get their team to go afk when a situation looks bad so they can be punished less on the mmr. It would create a more toxic environment in ranked. Couple this with how it could allow duo's to abuse the ranked system by having one or the other go afk on crucial matches that would otherwise put them out of reach of placements and all you do is increase the amount of AFKs in games.
: ***
Who apparently does not understand satire.
Naqel (EUW)
: I used the word champions, not creatures, when Kai'sa was part of what I said. Go fail at nit-picking somewhere else.
The discussion is LITTERALLY about non-human creatures.
Naqel (EUW)
: This is how Kai'sa was advertised, and the Void is where the suit comes from. Even Malzahar gets to have a more interesting look, and he's from a time before League's current lore was fully shaped.
You think "human in the void" is the same as a void creature? Are Kassadin and Malzahar void creatures now? Because they're just boring ol' guy-wtih-bits too?
: The vote for a 2020 VGU is up
Fiddle sticks. He has been hard shoved out of his one actual role he is meant to have and still has hard RNG on his kit.
: Blaustoise bans Riven
I wouldn't want to play Irelia into Riven either. Riven has a 56% win rate against Irelia in lane. In fact, the only champion she does worse against than Riven is Jax.
Naqel (EUW)
: All of the females you listed are just humans with animal bits, who can at best transform into a purely animal form. Compare that to Renek, WW or Alistar, who get to be actual beast-men. And my void example also holds up: of all the void champions, the only two females are a straight up animal(Rek'Sai doesn't even speak) and a boring ol' girl-with-bits.
Who do you think of as another female void champion? Don't tell me it's the literal human in a suit?
: So just had a game with my yi going 0/0/3 after botched enemy invade
I looked at the graphs and your story is full of it. Your vlad kept fully even with Renekton in CS and was about 800g behind because of some kills. Your Caitlyn and the enemy Tristana had the same gold after a bad fight bot until Caitlyn got ahead. They were pretty even the entire game. If Trist was fed your caitlyn was equally fed. Your lux had a 1000-3000 gold lead on the nautilus throughout most of the game. Your Yi super outfarmed the enemy amumu and it is evident by the gold graph. And congrats, you, as an adc mid, didn't feed an assassin. You literally did your one job. If it was a pitifully hollow victory for you, maybe you should do something instead of "not even trying, just wave clearing mid for lols".
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QP9QtxVf,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-08T20:47:53.100+0000) > > How was his KDA 0/0/3 if he was feeding and then 2 shotting people in the late game? Because Yi completes devourer and he is already melting everything in 2 seconds.
How are you 0 kills, 0 death, 3 assists and feeding?
: I mean, with female beasts there's only anivia and rek'sai, and then it's all just hybrid animal/humans.
As opposed to all of the male human animal hybrids? {{champion:268}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:19}}
Naqel (EUW)
: Kinda sad that the pattern is: Girls = animal, Boys = cool beastfolk It holds true even for creatures of the Void, with Rek'Sai being a she being almost inconsequential to the character.
Uhhhhhh {{champion:60}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:498}} are ALL beastfolk and not animals. I'll let you have nidalee for her human design vs cat design. {{champion:29}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:121}} all being just straight animals by your "void" example. I'm really not sure where you are getting "Girls = animal, boys = cool beastfolk" from.
: facts. Riots golden children at it again
How are these facts? Her shield is the most problematic ability in her kit (unlike what he said), EVERY high skilled riven player utilizes her shield for both its ability to animation cancel (which btw she can do less of now that it is a longer cooldown) and its ridiculous staying power in a fight (again, unlike what he said).
: I'll defend any champ if the complains are as illogical as this thread. OP is literally saying that *"good Rivens dont use the shield at all.** Like, how can you guys upvote something like this ? That's like saying that an Ahri charm nerf isn't a nerf because good Ahris dont use the charm at all lmao
"Riven doesn't need a shield because she just 100-0s you anyways!" What OP was probably somehow thinking.
: Rest in Peace, Tahm Kench
Well so far today his winrate has gone up about 4% so....
: 3.6 seconds to 5.5. my god.... an additional 1.9 seconds. what the fuck will you do?! THE HORROR. And that's not including if she has Spear of Shojin
These right here is the comment that shows you really don't know what you are talking about. Do you not comprehend how big almost 2 seconds on the thing that lets her abuse Deaths dance so hard is AND the thing that makes her so tanky? Do you not comprehend how much more room there is to abuse her in lane with a 4 second increased cooldown? Does none of this click for you?
: i used it on every single jungler i play. i;ve seen it used quite often. you saying it isn't ever used is just a flat out lie. you are wrong, sir. keep your ignorance to yourself.
You really shouldn't have. It was really weak. It took about 2 charges of hunters potion to break even with even a basic refillable charge. After your first clear once you have the full basic jungle item and your choice of follow up starting item, you should have never needed both charges to clear the jungle unless you were something like Jungle brand, which even then didn't need hunter's.
Ackelope (NA)
: i have never found it essential for any of these things when playing jungle.
Same. Even on SUPER off meta junglers like Brand I have never found myself thinking "yea, I want less powerful, but more uses on a potion"
: Yes but it's not like those are not viable options. For example, a Taric with SV and either Redemption or Ardent Censer can self sustain during an engage like a mad man. If there is something that becomes rapidly unbeatable (especially for pokechampions) are tankish teams. If you don't win the match in 7 minutes then it's most likely a loss.
Yes, a Taric with 2 items can sustain a large amount of poke. Unfortunately we are talking about needing to survive the poke early, which 2 items is not going to happen in time for.
: Yea the problem is that Riot only does that with Assassin and Fighters and Bruisers. You will never see a support impact the game in the same way that a Yasuo or Akali does.
: {{item:3194}} {{item:3001}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3083}} LoL @ downvoters. Ofc Ap pokers are an issue if all you build is MUH DAMAGE.
Each of those items cost more as a defensive option than Orb of Winter, meaning it takes longer to get them.
: Becuase gankplank's Q is an enhanced auto attack that's why it applies on-hits. jesus you kids dont freaking read.
Yasuo thrusts his sword to deal physical damage to all enemies in the target direction, _**applying on-hit effects**_ to the first target hit. Gangplank shoots the target enemy with his pistol, dealing Attack damage physical damage and _**applying on-hit effects.**_ Ezreal fires a bolt of energy in a line, dealing Attack damage physical damage to the first enemy hit, and _**applying on-hit effects.**_ Fiora dashes a short distance in the target direction then stabs a nearby enemy if one is present.The stab deals Attack damage physical damage and_** applies on-hit effects.**_ Weird how these all have the same wording, but only Yasuo gets a pass.
: why do all the cute bubbly champions have to be girls?
{{champion:201}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:427}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:115}} are all male champions I would say have a bubbly personality while {{champion:32}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:17}} are all designed to be cute and cuddly.
: A cat really why no a other animal??
> [{quoted}](name=Thekyeongh,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RkEuNxgx,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-24T22:59:52.333+0000) > > A cat really why no a other animal?? If it was any other animal it would be the exact same question.
BayoNX19 (NA)
: Why is an adc allowed to build an item with +65 armor and still delete everyone?
Ezreal with Iceborn doesn't "delete" anyone, the point of getting that item is to be able to kite the people he can't delete. Also, {{champion:112}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:43}} are all ranged champions who like Iceborn gauntlet that would be punished by making it melee only. If theres an ACTUAL item to be directed, its {{item:3004}}
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Corrector1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a4kRdwIM,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-04-21T19:15:20.371+0000) > > actually after her pta activates with her W its practically instant death on her target with bork after one rotation. PTA does not increase the damage of her W. True Damage cannot be increased or decreased in any way.
Are you sure about that? Old Swain E amplified the damage on ignite.
: i mean the man has popped up a lot recently in terms of boosting strats. some of the most cancer ones at that, like yi. also sona taric actually is busted, because it abuses the same 0 cs strat toplane, but botlane, while having near infinite sustain because of {{item:3097}} + sona while both packing revitalize and guardian from taric. granted tho, burst trades on sona or gw work pretty well but it doesnt make it any less cancer tbh.
You say it abuses the 0 cs strat, but taric is getting all the cs, so how is that any different from a standard Bot lane?
: Why didnt this strat work even half as well with any other champs? Because once a Yi is fed, he is literally unstoppable in ANY elo
Because when you give Yi a dedicated support it unlocks a lot of his potential. Yi on his own isn't half as good as you make him out to be.
AIQ (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sp33d Zer0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ig6VVEa5,comment-id=00020004,timestamp=2019-04-10T19:52:52.117+0000) > > You know eve is a virgin right? Rito came into a thread about "little known lore facts" and talked about it. Okay editing my comment, I've gotten this reply a lot lol I just meant the type of person she represents. If I saw a woman IRL that had a body and dressed like Eve and said that, I'd run the other way. I don't know anything about eves lore so that's news to me. If Riot writes her as a virgin that that's fine. I still don't want her lol.
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ig6VVEa5,comment-id=000200040000,timestamp=2019-04-10T19:56:20.235+0000) > > Okay editing my comment, I've gotten this reply a lot lol > > I just meant the type of person she represents. If I saw a woman IRL that had a body and dressed like Eve and said that, I'd run the other way. > > I don't know anything about eves lore so that's news to me. > If Riot writes her as a virgin that that's fine. I still don't want her lol. To be fair, she'd probably eat you, so I can dig it.
AIQ (NA)
: Champions like {{champion:103}} {{champion:28}} and {{champion:21}} make me feel like I'd get an STD if I walked by them. When Eve says "You know you want me" after selecting her, I'm like no I don't like used cars that are run into the ground. Ahri is definitely in this boat. Just a basic sex icon, nothing special. Edit: People have made it very clear that Eve is likely a virgin I did not know that still I just meant the type of person they all represent. Skanky, sex driven, seducing, thots. I get that Riot wrote her that way as a curve ball, but lets be serious. If this champion existed in real life, do you honestly think she'd remain a virgin long and not try it a few times? lol
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ig6VVEa5,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-10T15:58:32.243+0000) > > Champions like {{champion:103}} {{champion:28}} and {{champion:21}} make me feel like I'd get an STD if I walked by them. When Eve says "You know you want me" after selecting her, I'm like no I don't like used cars that are run into the ground. Ahri is definitely in this boat. Just a basic sex icon, nothing special. You know eve is a virgin right? Rito came into a thread about "little known lore facts" and talked about it.
: Seriously this. Why build the first two items when Iceborn functionally covers what those two do with the addition of armor? Also if we're talking about reworking it, I suggest a mana burn or mana steal mechanic.
I think Riot has explicitly talked about not including mana burn. idk if they would now.
: would you play a vintage league ? one of the first versions of the game.
No. People say "omg it was so good" Game sucked compared to how it is now. Significantly worse balance at the start, dodge as a fundamental mechanic, Remember global TF ult on his E? Remember league of cleavers? Remember league of warmogs? There were good periods of the game and since no one really knew what to do the players were worse and had more fun learning and I will absolutely agree, but if that design of the game were around TODAY, hell no most people would not be happy with the game. And I bring up stuff earlier than the release of Jinx because the period mentioned feels vague as it could be any one of many patches up to that point.
: Im talking about egregious offenses, my apologize if you buy into the outrage culture and automatically assume people are mad for no reason. When often times there is a reason and it requires discussion. For example. Varus lore change Being denied access to a venue based on your gender. To name a few note worthy events.
I mean, you say "buy into the outrage culture" but every time someone with "Riot (Insert name here) (Insert job title that has nothing to do with game design here)" comments on a post its usually met with "WHY AREN'T YOU DOING THIS UNRELATED THING?!?!". Yes there are very real things to criticize them for, but the boards actively say they want Riot to show up more and then have people being flippant at them.
Show more

Sp33d Zer0

Level 113 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion