AyreBiRabak (EUNE)
: What's the dumbest thing you've ever read in match/board?
: top lane = slave role
So teleport into other lanes to gank them instead of just using it to get back to your lane and AFK farm.
: Your not going to like the pbe buffs then. https://mobile.twitter.com/RiotRepertoir/status/1145788148246437888/photo/1
> [{quoted}](name=robotmaster,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yivxpKVd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-04T05:08:16.742+0000) > > Your not going to like the pbe buffs then. > https://mobile.twitter.com/RiotRepertoir/status/1145788148246437888/photo/1 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
YaraUwU (NA)
: Are there people that find the game fun still?
I don't have as much of a problem with the game as I do with the people playing it and the company lording over it. I could probably play the game all day every day but the fact that I have to listen to people blame me for their shortcomings and be forced by Riot not to respond, at all, ever, in any way, lest I get the whip just completely guts the entire experience. I still reminisce over the early days of League when there was no report system and people just called each other assholes. Now every game is a game within' the game, where the people who think you're a problem try to manipulate you into putting yourself into a position where they can get you banned. I tell my friends on Discord that the universe knew the type of person I was and that's why it bore me into the world in a rural shithole instead of anywhere within' driving distance of Riot HQ because I'd either be dead or in prison.
: > [{quoted}](name=AyreBiRabak,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lqdlYUeA,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-02T22:00:25.065+0000)I'd ask you to grant me 3 wishes... I'm afraid I have a strict "no wishes" policy unless I personally offer them. Sorry. You know how it is -- you get *swamped* with applications and requests otherwise! Big time sink, doing all that paperwork.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lqdlYUeA,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-02T22:02:12.028+0000) > > I'm afraid I have a strict "no wishes" policy unless I personally offer them. Sorry. You know how it is -- you get *swamped* with applications and requests otherwise! Big time sink, doing all that paperwork. Even the fucking Djinn are unionizing!
: > [{quoted}](name=AMADEUSdotEXE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kt12rR7A,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-02T04:50:01.924+0000) > > I hate that the report sysytem is automated. If i run into a seriously toxic player I send a ticket. I don't trust those god damn machines. >:( What I find ironic is that people who generally think other people are generally toxic themselves. In most games, at least 3 people if not 4 are directly quarreling each other. Yet when we discuss Toxic, we generally only talk in terms of the "other one." I guarantee bans rates are higher than Riot claims and that far fewer people than expected are positive people. I used to see honor flair all over the place...... 3-4 people per game had one. Now, it's rare to see 1 flair every 3rd game. And, I'm pretty sure most of the 400-500 + game players who don't have flair "aren't new." I also love that the IFS really targets people just getting frustrated with team decisions far more than it does people trash talking/race/hate baiting. Probably 80% of bans are just people looking at their team run straight down lanes and asking themselves, "why am I on the team that snowballs a 3000-5000 gold deficit in the first 9 minutes of the game?" The IFS doesn't treat that as justifiable rage. It treats that as the prime antagonist. I get really sick of people saying "It's just a game" in one of 3 games in RANKED, all while they literally run it down lanes and die almost as soon as they ress and get back to lane. I can't remember the last time a team actually warded drake! It never ever fails. But ofc.... it's soley the jungler's job, and btw, "better jungler wins" 'cuz we died to 4 ganks under the opposing laner's turret.....' If it's someone whose carrying, they deserve to take the "it's just a game" stance. But.... it seems more like a meme used by those intentionally griefing instead. And then..... ofc Riot puts Zed on the free rotation this week, and every pro player has made a new account, and is spamming Zed in levels 1-15, pulling their kits so fast that by the time your CC reaches them, they've already hit you with 3 shurikens and are ready to living shadow back. At best, you're lucky to trade kills.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kt12rR7A,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-02T05:05:40.172+0000) > > What I find ironic is that people who generally think other people are generally toxic themselves. In most games, at least 3 people if not 4 are directly quarreling each other. Yet when we discuss Toxic, we generally only talk in terms of the "other one." > > I guarantee bans rates are higher than Riot claims and that far fewer people than expected are positive people. I used to see honor flair all over the place...... 3-4 people per game had one. Now, it's rare to see 1 flair every 3rd game. And, I'm pretty sure most of the 400-500 + game players who don't have flair "aren't new." > > I also love that the IFS really targets people just getting frustrated with team decisions far more than it does people trash talking/race/hate baiting. Probably 80% of bans are just people looking at their team run straight down lanes and asking themselves, "why am I on the team that snowballs a 3000-5000 gold deficit in the first 9 minutes of the game?" > > The IFS doesn't treat that as justifiable rage. It treats that as the prime antagonist. > > I get really sick of people saying "It's just a game" in one of 3 games in RANKED, all while they literally run it down lanes and die almost as soon as they ress and get back to lane. I can't remember the last time a team actually warded drake! It never ever fails. But ofc.... it's soley the jungler's job, and btw, "better jungler wins" 'cuz we died to 4 ganks under the opposing laner's turret.....' > > If it's someone whose carrying, they deserve to take the "it's just a game" stance. But.... it seems more like a meme used by those intentionally griefing instead. > > And then..... ofc Riot puts Zed on the free rotation this week, and every pro player has made a new account, and is spamming Zed in levels 1-15, pulling their kits so fast that by the time your CC reaches them, they've already hit you with 3 shurikens and are ready to living shadow back. At best, you're lucky to trade kills. I honestly just got a 14-day suspension for doing exactly what you described. The worst thing I did was call someone stupid and that was after being antagonized all game long. Top pushed to enemy turret, no vision, died to enemy WW. Went back to lane, did it two more times in a row the same way, instantly blamed me, the jungler. Mid pushed to turret, died to WW. Blamed me, the jungler. Bot lane's been sitting at enemy turret all game, WW finally makes a pass down there and gets a kill. Draven blames me, the jungler. I get annoyed at this point, call out what they're doing and why they're doing it. Everyone treats me like I'm the asshole, lies in /all chat about how things happened, WW on enemy team immediately joins in and starts blaming me for being frustrated that 3/4 of my team mates are bagging on me all game for their mistakes. It's really annoying that people are so beyond helping that they can't deal with confrontation or people reacting like normal human beings. Outrage culture is hopefully on the way out and maybe things will change in the near future but as it stands, the only people who value this system are incredibly thoughtless people who see every argument purely on the surface. Even if I agree that someone calling you a slur or insulting you isn't a nice thing, you're never going to get me to agree that they deserve to lose their account over it. It's simply not a justified punishment. It takes so little effort to say they deserve to be chat restricted, if not permanently. There's absolutely no harm in this. We know there's no harm in this because one of your punishments before suspensions is a chat restriction. Most high elo players do not use the chat, at all, because they don't need it. Pings are sufficient enough. What I'd advocate for is one of two things : 1 ) Get rid of suspensions/bans based on chat-related incidents. 2 ) Get rid of the chat altogether. If Riot and the community can't deal with things being said in chat, then the community doesn't deserve to have a chat. All it's being used for is a means in which to bait people into earning a report. I can't remember the last time it was used for anything strategy-related.
: Riot thinks that this sort of crap is fair and balanced to the point the mode deserves ranked.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RTAYwj1P,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-02T03:55:08.472+0000) > > Riot thinks that this sort of crap is fair and balanced to the point the mode deserves ranked. It's funny in a way because this particular issue isn't in Dota Underlords. Which means someone at Riot Games _( you know, the %%%%%%%%%% responsible for stealing ideas from other companies because he's too stupid to come up with his own )_, made a conscious decision that it'd be a stroke of genius to completely undermine this aspect of the power curve.
Rioter Comments
: The game has existed for 10 long fucking years, and the client is still trash?
If you just took a step back away from the game and looked at everything that Riot does, the all-encompassing shit sandwich that Riot is in every aspect, it's hard to imagine a reason why League is still as popular as it is other than people having nowhere else to go for a similar experience. I'm pretty sure Riot could come out tomorrow and say that they want to commit genocide and it'd still be as popular as it is today. I don't get it, tbh. The game is a concept stolen from DotA. A lot of the champions and kits are concepts stolen from DotA. The new game mode, TFT, is a concept stolen from DotA. They're some real fuckin' scumbags in this regard. The quality of everything they produce is progressively worse while costing more to the playerbase. Just goes to show you how poor the gaming market is on competition right now. There's DotA and League and no other real alternatives in this genre. So of course they can get away with letting the small things like a functional client slide when they can just release money eggs instead.
: Because not every player can play every champion. It’s that simple. Say you’re a tank main but get an assassin - two different play styles with nothing to do with each other, and you’re likely to know nothing about what to do with your champ, so your team is essentially fighting a 4v5. In TFT, the only RNG you’re worrying about is with times. You adapt your comp constantly, and the only real skill you can put out is through unit positioning and item placement. You can consistently play TFT at the same level of skill, but not every champion in ARAM at the same level of skill.
> [{quoted}](name=KatMainWannabe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=in2pogJc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-01T20:20:48.793+0000) > > Because not every player can play every champion. It’s that simple. Say you’re a tank main but get an assassin - two different play styles with nothing to do with each other, and you’re likely to know nothing about what to do with your champ, so your team is essentially fighting a 4v5. In TFT, the only RNG you’re worrying about is with times. You adapt your comp constantly, and the only real skill you can put out is through unit positioning and item placement. You can consistently play TFT at the same level of skill, but not every champion in ARAM at the same level of skill. Well, that's not true. You can be good at virtually every champion in the game. It just requires you to not one-trick 24/7 and judging by your name, that seems to be what you do. But I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong. I have a decent handle on all champions. I'm not a master of them all but I haven't been playing a lot of League in years until recently, either. So if I can stay away from the game for that long and still be able to play everything with reasonable success, then so can people who play it seriously enough to want to get some ranked action in. If you're not one of those people, the solution is simple : Don't play ARAM ranked. You already have SR to cater to you if you wanna' one trick. It doesn't hurt you for the ARAM players to have their cup of tea. But I didn't know TFT was getting ranked. Why? Wouldn't you wanna' flesh the game mode out some before throwing in a ranked queue? There are so many QoL changes the mode needs and couldn't take much effort to implement.
Rioter Comments
wolvius (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q5G9gnMb,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T21:54:40.735+0000) > > What if they kill your Draven first? I threw lulu, brand,a boxed in Leona behind him so that assassins didn't get to him instantly, basically the centre of a diamond formation or some other formation where the VIP is in centre. A lulu is also great for the extra hp and knock up from ult. Also the mrk2 brand had {{item:3165}} so if they dont get him theyll burn instead. Also maybe a sejuani somewhere for aoe stun.
> [{quoted}](name=wolvius,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q5G9gnMb,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T22:03:55.506+0000) > > I threw lulu, brand,a boxed in Leona behind him so that assassins didn't get to him instantly, basically the centre of a diamond formation or some other formation where the VIP is in centre. > > A lulu is also great for the extra hp and knock up from ult. Also the mrk2 brand had {{item:3165}} so if they dont get him theyll burn instead. Also maybe a sejuani somewhere for aoe stun. Yeah, Lulu's amazing. I'm rocking a Yordle comp this round. Was at 5 HP when I got the last Yordle to finish the set. I haven't lost yet, we'll see how it goes. _Edit : Aaaaaaaaand I won, lol. YORDLE POWAH!_
wolvius (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q5G9gnMb,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-30T20:55:51.103+0000) > > What's the synergy between Cho/Draven? > > One's Void/Brawler, the other's Imperial/Blademaster. It takes so long to kill chogath (sans vayne) that rageblade draven murders them all. I managed to defeat a guy with four rank 3 champs because it took so long for the garen, darius and others to kill him that my assassin rageblade rank 2 draven murdered them. Its purely based on the huge size of Chos health pool and his great ult. Near 1000 more hp than the next highest hp rank 3 unit.
> [{quoted}](name=wolvius,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q5G9gnMb,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T21:33:07.133+0000) > > It takes so long to kill chogath (sans vayne) that rageblade draven murders them all. I managed to defeat a guy with four rank 3 champs because it took so long for the garen, darius and others to kill him that my assassin rageblade rank 2 draven murdered them. Its purely based on the huge size of Chos health pool and his great ult. > > Near 1000 more hp than the next highest hp rank 3 unit. What if they kill your Draven first?
: Assassin is strong if it gets going, but also has the problem that assassins are 1-2 shot by any DPS, rely on RNG crits to function, are all melee (so especially lategame tend to have to kill the entire frontline to get to carries), and their entire bonus is hard countered by a phantom dancer. It's not remotely the strongest bonus around, especially when there are things like Glacial perma stunning the entire map, or Noble making everyone on the team a tank, or Wild providing basically a faster stacking Rageblade to the entire team.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q5G9gnMb,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-30T21:40:36.225+0000) > > Assassin is strong if it gets going, but also has the problem that assassins are 1-2 shot by any DPS, rely on RNG crits to function, are all melee (so especially lategame tend to have to kill the entire frontline to get to carries), and their entire bonus is hard countered by a phantom dancer. It's not remotely the strongest bonus around, especially when there are things like Glacial perma stunning the entire map, or Noble making everyone on the team a tank, or Wild providing basically a faster stacking Rageblade to the entire team. Assassins are as tanky as you itemize them to be, same as anyone else. Assassins are the ones who 1-2 shot the DPS, not the other way around. I'm not sure if you know how crits work but they're essentially a majority of AA's on every champion so gamble all you want with that perspective. Assassins jump over your front line so they don't have to contend with it first. Unless you have 6 P.D.'s this won't mean anything when 5 other team mates instantly die. Glacial stunning only happens when it ramps up, you don't start the match with everyone stunned. You do, however, start every round with assassins going invis and jumping over your team and getting the first shot on whoever they target. Noble's great but you can just use Void to counter it. Ignoring 50% armor is huge. Wild is essentially the same problem as Glacial, as I've already pointed out. You need time to ramp it up. Assassins start the match one-shotting.
wolvius (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q5G9gnMb,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-30T18:12:44.875+0000) > > Void Assassins reduces armour, but not anywhere close to as much armour as 6x Noble gives. Plus the HP regen and having a Kayle is pretty useful. were you behind in pieces? What about stars? Thing is three assassins got on vayne/lucian straight away even though I had all hexes behind them filled with someone like leona and lulu so someone moved. Then they just proceeded to murder everyone with 1000 crits afterwards (or were those akali Q) Had tier 2's mostly, enemy may or may-not have had a tier 3 khazix cant remember or check sadly, tier 2's : Vayne, Lucian, Garen, Leona, Kayle, Lulu , fiora eventually. Might have had a T3 leona or maybe lulu for that fight, a shame there is no match history for TFT. I don't even know what happened to the kayle, think everyone died before she would've had a chance anyway. They only had khazix and chogath so wasn't the void bonus _unless the partial from the class is high for the khazix_. The noble bonus is nice (especially if fiora/garen get it in early fights) but doesn't seem the best for the investment, just getting a draven rageblade comp is far better. Pretty sure where same level was trying to powerlevel to get a Cho onto the field, so level 7 or 8. ________ Unrelated but tier 3 Cho'gath's are hella thicc, its hilarous seeing 3/4 rank threes barely get him down before dying XD. I'm going to try get Cho+Draven more often.
What's the synergy between Cho/Draven? One's Void/Brawler, the other's Imperial/Blademaster.
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q5G9gnMb,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T07:55:18.186+0000) > > Now you're starting to understand the way of the ninja. Except they're counterable.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q5G9gnMb,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T08:21:07.058+0000) > > Except they're counterable. Except the things you suggest counter them, don't counter them, they're countered by assassins. It's pretty simple logic. You can't put something that sustains DPS or needs to sustain to CC to win fights against something that will instakill your team because they can't build up the DPS or attacks to perma CC.
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q5G9gnMb,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T07:28:08.792+0000) > > Attack speed doesn't matter when everyone on your team is one-shot. > Building up freezes on-hit doesn't matter when everyone on your team is one-shot. Learning how to counter assassins doesn't matter when everyone on your team is one-shot.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q5G9gnMb,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T07:51:50.512+0000) > > Learning how to counter assassins doesn't matter when everyone on your team is one-shot. Now you're starting to understand the way of the ninja.
: Wild and Glacial or Noble 6 is a lot stronger.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q5G9gnMb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-30T05:28:16.652+0000) > > Wild and Glacial or Noble 6 is a lot stronger. Attack speed doesn't matter when everyone on your team is one-shot. Building up freezes on-hit doesn't matter when everyone on your team is one-shot.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Xu0WA1Ht,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-06-29T21:03:24.680+0000) > > I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but if we're to be objective, even if you linked to a complete documentation of polish people on your account talking about how they're getting your account banned, etc... it doesn't prove your story's 'true' anywhere other than the surface. > > Meaning there's a couple people talking in polish about getting your account banned while on your account. > > That doesn't mean it's not you talking about getting your account banned in polish, for example, in an attempt to skirt a punishment you knew you had earned. > > That's not to say that's what you're doing but it is as much a possibility as your story to everyone other than you since we don't have firsthand experience. well riot can check from where did they log in into your account from, so i am from Lithuania and he loged at 02.20, so i think they can figure that out, by IP adress. correct me if im wrong
> [{quoted}](name=goodimbinatas,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Xu0WA1Ht,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-29T21:29:55.946+0000) > > well riot can check from where did they log in into your account from, so i am from Lithuania and he loged at 02.20, so i think they can figure that out, by IP adress. correct me if im wrong That's above my pay grade but it sounds like something a tech company would be tracking in 2019. Devil's advocate : That said, who's to say it's not just your friend that you're coercing into helping you set up this story?
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Xu0WA1Ht,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-29T20:02:38.629+0000) > > https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/49606209/lets-say-i-believe-you.jpg Here you go all the screenshots and translated text from polish to english, enjoy https://hacked1011.blogspot.com/b/post-preview?token=APq4FmDeSJyxfE7P5_zJa3Y_6lL1vhDH3T2KLqd-Aa3jhi4nc1y2F5_USYpH3IufFZuUB3KckKGIcFb6uTvPGhcGnd8SfSND97KGnF5sgLW753DN_c0jTqxoZp9IzN_3iVHB6nVkGNKo&postId=8381142969288642800&type=POST
> [{quoted}](name=goodimbinatas,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Xu0WA1Ht,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-29T20:20:55.154+0000) > > Here you go all the screenshots and translated text from polish to english, enjoy > > https://hacked1011.blogspot.com/b/post-preview?token=APq4FmDeSJyxfE7P5_zJa3Y_6lL1vhDH3T2KLqd-Aa3jhi4nc1y2F5_USYpH3IufFZuUB3KckKGIcFb6uTvPGhcGnd8SfSND97KGnF5sgLW753DN_c0jTqxoZp9IzN_3iVHB6nVkGNKo&postId=8381142969288642800&type=POST I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but if we're to be objective, even if you linked to a complete documentation of polish people on your account talking about how they're getting your account banned, etc... it doesn't prove your story's 'true' anywhere other than the surface. Meaning there's a couple people talking in polish about getting your account banned while on your account. That doesn't mean it's not you talking about getting your account banned in polish, for example, in an attempt to skirt a punishment you knew you had earned. That's not to say that's what you're doing but it is as much a possibility as your story to everyone other than you since we don't have firsthand experience.
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wmvV7w6o,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-29T19:56:37.987+0000) > > You can take the worst winrate champion in the game and go stomp solo queue with it. That doesn't mean that champion is in a good state. > You can take the best winrate champion in the game and get shit on in solo queue with it. That doesn't mean that champion is in a bad state. > > I think people should stop inflating their personal experiences in solo queue as a means to which they gauge whether or not the champion is good/bad. You also aren't recognizing the opposite as true. The worst winrate champion could actually be one of the best but is held back by skill floor/team dependancy. This happens all the time in pro play. On the other hand, the highest winrate champion could have a low playrate and be super vulnerable to hard counters and be an inherently flawed champion. This has happened a lot too, hell I'm pretty sure Garen once had the highest winrate for top at like a 1-3% playrate with almost no bans. The viability of a champion is easily variable based on what's picked in the match, the metagame, and how they interact with the game. New champions with high skill floor gimmicks are always going to start with a trash winrate, its too early to use winrate as a reliable metric on how useful Qiyana is. Not that anyone with common sense acts like winrate is the only metric of whether a champion is good, though I think that's one of the biggest problem with these boards.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wmvV7w6o,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-29T20:01:55.515+0000) > > You also aren't recognizing the opposite as true. The worst winrate champion could actually be one of the best but is held back by skill floor/team dependancy. This happens all the time in pro play. On the other hand, the highest winrate champion could have a low playrate and be super vulnerable to hard counters and be an inherently flawed champion. This has happened a lot too, hell I'm pretty sure Garen once had the highest winrate for top at like a 1-3% playrate with almost no bans. > > The viability of a champion is easily variable based on what's picked in the match, the metagame, and how they interact with the game. New champions with high skill floor gimmicks are always going to start with a trash winrate, its too early to use winrate as a reliable metric on how useful Qiyana is. Not that anyone with common sense acts like winrate is the only metric of whether a champion is good, though I think that's one of the biggest problem with these boards. Of course the opposite is true, my point was just that "I did good/bad in a couple Solo Queue matches" doesn't necessitate the state of a particular champion. But yes, you're 100% correct.
: My password got bruteforced
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/49606209/lets-say-i-believe-you.jpg
: Can we make next "My Shop" not be decided even before openings?
Similar situation. Was hoping Sasquatch Nunu was gonna' pop up because it's Legacy but Papercraft showed up so I went ahead and got that instead. Only skin I don't have for Nunu now is Sassyquatch.
: Why poeple complain about Qiyanna is dogshit?? she is soo strong
You can take the worst winrate champion in the game and go stomp solo queue with it. That doesn't mean that champion is in a good state. You can take the best winrate champion in the game and get shit on in solo queue with it. That doesn't mean that champion is in a bad state. I think people should stop inflating their personal experiences in solo queue as a means to which they gauge whether or not the champion is good/bad.
: (Almost Pointless Post) Qiyana in the new log in screen's body makes no sense
Jøkèr (NA)
: Nubrac had it coming. If any high elo player had one promo game left and this shitter was on their team, they would just dodge or take the L. I guarantee if you had someone doing this to you, you'd want that player banned.
> [{quoted}](name=Jøkèr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hUvXcpW6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-15T15:59:43.551+0000) > > Nubrac had it coming. If any high elo player had one promo game left and this shitter was on their team, they would just dodge or take the L. I guarantee if you had someone doing this to you, you'd want that player banned. This is the entire problem with the thought processes behind what SEEMS to be everyone defending NB3. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I give absolutely zero shits about someone trying something like this in my games. YOU have a problem with someone doing it in your games. That ain't me. Stop speaking for people you have no business speaking for.
LaceUpXX (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name= Blåsigt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BaEPiKF7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-15T15:19:48.954+0000) > > Can someone summarize the controversy for me please? Thank you. To summarize. Some player refused to support bot lane and instead went to other lanes, without saying a single word about what he was doing in chat to communicate with his team. He basically had the mindset that he was going to force 4 other players to play the way he wanted, regardless of what they did. The people complaining that he was banned are saying it was just "off-meta". Which I don't get why they think that but that's their point.
> [{quoted}](name=CallMeTheSheriff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BaEPiKF7,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-06-15T15:46:47.081+0000) > > To summarize. Some player refused to support bot lane and instead went to other lanes, without saying a single word about what he was doing in chat to communicate with his team. He basically had the mindset that he was going to force 4 other players to play the way he wanted, regardless of what they did. The people complaining that he was banned are saying it was just "off-meta". Which I don't get why they think that but that's their point. Did he force top to not play top? Did he force jungler to not play jungler? Did he force mid to not play mid? Did he force ADC to not play ADC? The answer is no to all of those. Are you trying to punish him for playing what he wanted to play? Yes. So who's trying to force someone else to do what they want in this situation? I'll summarize properly, since this person can't seem to do so : A person decided that he wanted to play Teemo as a support in the mid-lane. A couple of his team mates decided this was a bad idea, flamed him, AFK'd in the base, and then messaged their friends at Riot over Discord to have him banned. Anything that gets said to you about it that's beyond that is something someone just asserted and has no evidence for.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vLJOLVNa,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-15T16:23:25.801+0000) > > No he doesn't. > > You get nothing but dived 2vs1 and zoned on every single wave > > Stop defending the trolling Termo but making it look as it makes sense If this were true, this counter-strategy was that easy to execute, & it would be so devastatingly bad for the team then why does this Teemo have a ~48% winrate in Master tier games?
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Aphrolift,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vLJOLVNa,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-06-15T19:33:56.652+0000) > > If this were true, this counter-strategy was that easy to execute, & it would be so devastatingly bad for the team then why does this Teemo have a ~48% winrate in Master tier games? Probably because 3/5th's of his team AFK on the fountain, message their friends at Riot for bans, and rail against actively playing the game when someone's attempting anything that isn't the status quo. That'd be my guess. Your turn.
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XovdH4wP,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-15T20:45:39.930+0000) > > You can't queue up into a role that doesn't exist. > > Your argument would hold equally as much water in a conversation about whether or not your support is allowed to take Cleanse instead of Exhaust. > > - Think of how selfish it is to take Cleanse. You can't Cleanse your ADC. Your ADC doesn't want you to take Cleanse. Your team won't have Exhaust to counter fed melee'ers if they need it. You didn't ask if you could take Cleanse. Etc... > > But you've decided to ARBITRARILY condone one and condemn the other. > > If he's in the game and playing the game and trying to win then that's an attempt to play the game and try to win. Self-defeating argument to say you can't "truly" know whether or not they're trying to win when the game is recorded for everyone to see. He's harassing the enemy laner off the wave, he's not stealing CS from his mid in the lane, he's doing exactly what he says he's trying to do, etc... > > You know who we can be certain about not trying to win the game? The people AFK'ing on the summoner platform, whining and flaming, and threatening to have his friends at Riot deal with him. > > He supported, he just supported a person in another lane instead of bot lane. It doesn't matter if you agree to it or not. It shouldn't matter, either. Popularity should never be a pre-requisite to experimentation. > > People do not like change, at all. They're going to be against trying something new out 99% of the time unless it's proven to be better than what they're already doing by something who's better than them. This doesn't mean it's not better or simply different as opposed to worse or trolling or griefing, etc... > > You shouldn't be punished for trying to be creative and do something different. A lot of things can fall under "being creative". Trying to win can never be proved, no one is a mind reader, i addressed that in my post, there are more than one way to throw a game or at the very least not give a shit about it;s outcome or in other words, not trying to win. Not everyone who dont try to win are flaming, afking, and running it down mid, there are subtler ways. Going 2nd jungler can be classified as "being creative", taking CS from your ADC can be "creative". Being creative is fine until it messes up people's games and ruins their experience, going into your mid and standing there DESPITE him asking you to go back to the lane you QUEUED FOR is toxic and trolling, and sorry, in that case being creative is not good enough of an excuse. > You can't queue up into a role that doesn't exist. Support, is very much, a role that exists, it also have a designated anchor lane, it's in the botlane, that's why on the minimap botlane has 2 roles, bot (adc/apc) and support. Just because the support has more freedom to roam because he doesnt need to CS doesnt mean he can decide to go 2nd top (UNLESS of course his team is okay with it).
> [{quoted}](name=JackMcCarry,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XovdH4wP,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-06-15T21:03:26.941+0000) > > A lot of things can fall under "being creative". > Trying to win can never be proved, no one is a mind reader, i addressed that in my post, there are more than one way to throw a game or at the very least not give a shit about it;s outcome or in other words, not trying to win. > Not everyone who dont try to win are flaming, afking, and running it down mid, there are subtler ways. > > Going 2nd jungler can be classified as "being creative", taking CS from your ADC can be "creative". > Being creative is fine until it messes up people's games and ruins their experience, going into your mid and standing there DESPITE him asking you to go back to the lane you QUEUED FOR is toxic and trolling, and sorry, in that case being creative is not good enough of an excuse. > > Support, is very much, a role that exists, it also have a designated anchor lane, it's in the botlane, that's why on the minimap botlane has 2 roles, bot (adc/apc) and support. > Just because the support has more freedom to roam because he doesnt need to CS doesnt mean he can decide to go 2nd top (UNLESS of course his team is okay with it). No, WRONG. WRONG. It is fine EVEN IF it's disruptive to other peoples' games. This is the entire point. This is the line in the sand. YOU think it's okay to do something creative. YOU think it's okay to play off-meta. YOU think it's okay to play a role a certain way. Etc... But you think this is okay in a PARTICULAR WAY and you chose to condone that ARBITRARILY. If you play Support with Cleanse, BY **YOUR** OWN ARGUMENT AND PRINCIPLES, I am allowed to advocate for you being banned because your not having Exhaust panders to a playstyle that isn't what I want you to play in a role that you signed up for that inhibits my personal game experience. Support is a role, creative off-meta random shit isn't a role that exists, which is the point I was making. I'll consider this a brain fart on your part.
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XovdH4wP,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-15T20:45:39.930+0000) > > You can't queue up into a role that doesn't exist. > > Your argument would hold equally as much water in a conversation about whether or not your support is allowed to take Cleanse instead of Exhaust. > > - Think of how selfish it is to take Cleanse. You can't Cleanse your ADC. Your ADC doesn't want you to take Cleanse. Your team won't have Exhaust to counter fed melee'ers if they need it. You didn't ask if you could take Cleanse. Etc... > > But you've decided to ARBITRARILY condone one and condemn the other. > > If he's in the game and playing the game and trying to win then that's an attempt to play the game and try to win. Self-defeating argument to say you can't "truly" know whether or not they're trying to win when the game is recorded for everyone to see. He's harassing the enemy laner off the wave, he's not stealing CS from his mid in the lane, he's doing exactly what he says he's trying to do, etc... > > You know who we can be certain about not trying to win the game? The people AFK'ing on the summoner platform, whining and flaming, and threatening to have his friends at Riot deal with him. > > He supported, he just supported a person in another lane instead of bot lane. It doesn't matter if you agree to it or not. It shouldn't matter, either. Popularity should never be a pre-requisite to experimentation. > > People do not like change, at all. They're going to be against trying something new out 99% of the time unless it's proven to be better than what they're already doing by something who's better than them. This doesn't mean it's not better or simply different as opposed to worse or trolling or griefing, etc... > > You shouldn't be punished for trying to be creative and do something different. Pretty sure those players were trying to win right up until it became unwinnable. Irelia even tried to make the mid strat work, but it doesn't for reasons obvious to people who actually play this game. All enemy bot and jg has to do to win against that strat is repeatedly dive sivir and GG. Any jungler who loses against that strat should rethink their choice of role queing. There's being creative and using a diff strategy, and using a "strat" everyone knows won't work, and only using it on streamers. One is being off meta and the other is trolling. Fkin youtube Alicoptor if you don't believe there are supports with playstyles like the one u talk about this one being. No one flames him though, because the way he does it makes alot more sense then this teemos garbage.
> [{quoted}](name=AnotherFeeder,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XovdH4wP,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2019-06-15T21:22:58.753+0000) > > Pretty sure those players were trying to win right up until it became unwinnable. Irelia even tried to make the mid strat work, but it doesn't for reasons obvious to people who actually play this game. All enemy bot and jg has to do to win against that strat is repeatedly dive sivir and GG. Any jungler who loses against that strat should rethink their choice of role queing. > > There's being creative and using a diff strategy, and using a "strat" everyone knows won't work, and only using it on streamers. One is being off meta and the other is trolling. > > Fkin youtube Alicoptor if you don't believe there are supports with playstyles like the one u talk about this one being. No one flames him though, because the way he does it makes alot more sense then this teemos garbage. When did it become unwinnable, specifically, and why was it the fault of Teemo supporting in mid. Do you not see how dishonest your argument is when you constantly pretend that 'everyone' is synonymous with 'what I think' and pass off what you 'think' as an objective truth? You're just proving the point in how close-minded people are towards anything that isn't what they personally and arbitrarily condone.
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: Nightblue3 situation and "off meta" players
You can't queue up into a role that doesn't exist. Your argument would hold equally as much water in a conversation about whether or not your support is allowed to take Cleanse instead of Exhaust. - Think of how selfish it is to take Cleanse. You can't Cleanse your ADC. Your ADC doesn't want you to take Cleanse. Your team won't have Exhaust to counter fed melee'ers if they need it. You didn't ask if you could take Cleanse. Etc... But you've decided to ARBITRARILY condone one and condemn the other. If he's in the game and playing the game and trying to win then that's an attempt to play the game and try to win. Self-defeating argument to say you can't "truly" know whether or not they're trying to win when the game is recorded for everyone to see. He's harassing the enemy laner off the wave, he's not stealing CS from his mid in the lane, he's doing exactly what he says he's trying to do, etc... You know who we can be certain about not trying to win the game? The people AFK'ing on the summoner platform, whining and flaming, and threatening to have his friends at Riot deal with him. He supported, he just supported a person in another lane instead of bot lane. It doesn't matter if you agree to it or not. It shouldn't matter, either. Popularity should never be a pre-requisite to experimentation. People do not like change, at all. They're going to be against trying something new out 99% of the time unless it's proven to be better than what they're already doing by something who's better than them. This doesn't mean it's not better or simply different as opposed to worse or trolling or griefing, etc... You shouldn't be punished for trying to be creative and do something different.
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WuJEL0RA,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-15T19:58:56.321+0000) > > I don't see how people can justify Nubrac being banned. > > Everything I see about hating on Nubrac is literally just people asserting things like "He only does it to streamers to amp up his viewership." > > Alright, show me some evidence to support this. > > Stop throwing out claims that you can't back up because you 'feel' like it's true because someone said it was or because you're bias towards one side of the equation. > > Nubrac played something off-meta. > > It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. What is important here is intent. > > Did he play the game? Did he try to win? Did he try to contribute? Etc... > > It's not "Did he play well? Did he win? Did he do better than if he had played the meta? Did he mute chat cause he knows he's trolling or because he doesn't want to hear everyone flaming him for trying something new?" etc... > > If he played the game and if he tried to win and if he did try to contribute, then he shouldn't be banned. It's not your place to determine otherwise. It's not your place to slander him because you don't like him or you think he looks ugly or because he's fat, etc... > > You're supposed to get at the meat of the situation and be objective. > > Nightblue flamed him on stream, Nightblue talked shit in chat, Nightblue AFK'd in the game. > > Did Nubrac flame him back? Did Nubrac talk shit in chat? Did Nubrac AFK? No. > > NB3 deserved to be banned. > Nubrac does not. > > I wouldn't even want Nightblue playing the game after seeing how much of a virtue-signalling piece of shit he is. Do you honestly think Nightblue brings anything to your game, Riot? > > Think about that for two seconds. Think about what his playerbase is comprised of.... Mainly people who already play League. He's benefiting off your game, not the other way around. > > If Nightblue disappeared off Twitch/Youtube/etc... tomorrow, he'd be filled by someone else that the community chooses to step into those shoes. It's not like those people are going to quit playing League because some asshole got what he deserved. I'm not advocating for his removal just explaining that you shouldn't be actively defending him when he's in the wrong. > > Oh and no, people are not OBLIGATED to tell someone they're doing something off-meta. That's a courtesy, it's not mandatory. You might not like someone trying something new and weird but that doesn't mean they should be punished for NOT breaking any rules just because you personally feel annoyed by it. That's not how it works nor should it. Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way. After the Singed support case Riot explicitly said that you can only play off-meta as long as your team agrees with it. If you get multiple reports every game it means that 4 people on your team aren’t having fun because of your off meta strategy. Rightfully so I must say.
> [{quoted}](name=Fisher No Chains,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WuJEL0RA,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-06-15T20:08:35.297+0000) > > Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way. After the Singed support case Riot explicitly said that you can only play off-meta as long as your team agrees with it. If you get multiple reports every game it means that 4 people on your team aren’t having fun because of your off meta strategy. > > Rightfully so I must say. Define "Riot" then, because apparently not everyone at Riot agrees with what you're saying as is indicative by the conversation that Nubrac had with a person at Riot about whether or not you'd be banned for playing something off-meta.
: Proof that NB3 actually got Nubrac banned
I don't see how people can justify Nubrac being banned. Everything I see about hating on Nubrac is literally just people asserting things like "He only does it to streamers to amp up his viewership." Alright, show me some evidence to support this. Stop throwing out claims that you can't back up because you 'feel' like it's true because someone said it was or because you're bias towards one side of the equation. Nubrac played something off-meta. It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. What is important here is intent. Did he play the game? Did he try to win? Did he try to contribute? Etc... It's not "Did he play well? Did he win? Did he do better than if he had played the meta? Did he mute chat cause he knows he's trolling or because he doesn't want to hear everyone flaming him for trying something new?" etc... If he played the game and if he tried to win and if he did try to contribute, then he shouldn't be banned. It's not your place to determine otherwise. It's not your place to slander him because you don't like him or you think he looks ugly or because he's fat, etc... You're supposed to get at the meat of the situation and be objective. Nightblue flamed him on stream, Nightblue talked shit in chat, Nightblue AFK'd in the game. Did Nubrac flame him back? Did Nubrac talk shit in chat? Did Nubrac AFK? No. NB3 deserved to be banned. Nubrac does not. I wouldn't even want Nightblue playing the game after seeing how much of a virtue-signalling piece of shit he is. Do you honestly think Nightblue brings anything to your game, Riot? Think about that for two seconds. Think about what his playerbase is comprised of.... Mainly people who already play League. He's benefiting off your game, not the other way around. If Nightblue disappeared off Twitch/Youtube/etc... tomorrow, he'd be filled by someone else that the community chooses to step into those shoes. It's not like those people are going to quit playing League because some asshole got what he deserved. I'm not advocating for his removal just explaining that you shouldn't be actively defending him when he's in the wrong. Oh and no, people are not OBLIGATED to tell someone they're doing something off-meta. That's a courtesy, it's not mandatory. You might not like someone trying something new and weird but that doesn't mean they should be punished for NOT breaking any rules just because you personally feel annoyed by it. That's not how it works nor should it.
: By your hypocritical logic, 99% of players should be banned for typing "Report xxx" in the chat. Every single person in this topic would have been whining and spamming "REPORT TEEMO!!!!!!!" in the chat if they were the Sivir in that game. Disgusting bunch of two faced hypocrites on these boards.
> [{quoted}](name=OneMustFall,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QzJvB6N0,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2019-06-15T18:44:24.729+0000) > > By your hypocritical logic, 99% of players should be banned for typing "Report xxx" in the chat. Every single person in this topic would have been whining and spamming "REPORT TEEMO!!!!!!!" in the chat if they were the Sivir in that game. > > Disgusting bunch of two faced hypocrites on these boards. Imagine you reported someone in-game for 'trolling' as the Teemo. Now imagine if Marc Merrill did it. Do you think Riot employees would treat those two reports the same?
: > [{quoted}](name=Zeppelins circus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QzJvB6N0,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-15T03:41:03.148+0000) > > So you are suggesting it is unacceptable to get angry who is ruining your game actively. > You know, all of you won't be acting like this if it happened in your own game. At least Nightblue does not do it EVERY GAME. I think Riot should punish the cause of toxicity more than the results. It's ok to get angry, how you use that anger is what matters. Many streamers can get away with being toxic because they use harsh words on stream and don't actually type it in game. It still influences the community that watches tho, and they DO say those things in game. We need punishments that fit the crime better, if someone tells someone they are stupid in a moment of anger I don't think they should be chat restricted. I think it should be a lesser punishment in order to let the players know to reform early. Nightblue3 is FAR past these lesser punishments. The time for Riot to say his behavior does not represent what the game is supposed to be, is now.
> [{quoted}](name=Yordle Gunner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QzJvB6N0,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-15T03:57:18.354+0000) > >We need punishments that fit the crime better, if someone tells someone they are stupid in a moment of anger I don't think they should be chat restricted. I think it should be a lesser punishment in order to let the players know to reform early. I was with you until you said this. This is exactly what chat restrictions are for. What should never happen is that it escalates into suspensions/bans on a person's account for saying stupid shit in chat. Chat restrict them for longer. That's exactly what those sorts of punishments are for.
eRtMLeif (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=eRtMLeif,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PQXy7f7m,comment-id=0031,timestamp=2019-06-14T22:01:00.782+0000) > > ..Removed by Moderation.. I bet you don't reach a decibel above a whisper when you talk to people in person.
Jamaree (NA)
: I can get behind that, I haven’t seen a more humble actor since that guy who was in honey I shrunk the kids
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=avozMe99,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-14T03:18:09.116+0000) > > I can get behind that, I haven’t seen a more humble actor since that guy who was in honey I shrunk the kids They should do a movie together. _Honey, I Shrunk John Wick's Dog!_
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vrmBjMNv,comment-id=000000010004000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-13T20:56:20.369+0000) > > Am I missing something here or is this just a link to someone writing an opinion piece for Kotaku and a Reddit thread of people debating allegations as if they're somehow concrete evidence and asserting that there's a "toxic workplace" at Riot based purely on allegations, same as they've been doing here on the boards? They're accusations and stories yes, but again sexual assault often is often a "he says she says" kind of issue in court. And people like IronStylus especially is someone who's been very open and is generally trusted by the community, same with Quickshot. There isn't hard evidence in this case and if there is, it might be held onto for a court date. People like Bill Cosby got convicted mainly because of testimony, they had one confirmed drug charge and a ton of accustions. If you want to assume every single person who talked about this is a liar go ahead, we don't have anything concrete yet. But I think the amount of testimony here is hard to rule out so easily especially given the level of detail with a number of these. I'm of the opinion there's something likely happening given how frequently this issue is being brought up and just how many people are coming out about this, you can get in legal trouble for slander and false accusations so I doubt these people would just stick their neck out just to virtue signal.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vrmBjMNv,comment-id=0000000100040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-13T21:00:59.495+0000) > > They're accusations and stories yes, but again sexual assault often is often a "he says she says" kind of issue in court. And people like IronStylus especially is someone who's been very open and is generally trusted by the community, same with Quickshot. There isn't hard evidence in this case and if there is, it might be held onto for a court date. > > People like Bill Cosby got convicted mainly because of testimony, they had one confirmed drug charge and a ton of accustions. If you want to assume every single person who talked about this is a liar go ahead, we don't have anything concrete yet. But I think the amount of testimony here is hard to rule out so easily especially given the level of detail with a number of these. > > I'm of the opinion there's something likely happening given how frequently this issue is being brought up and just how many people are coming out about this, you can get in legal trouble for slander and false accusations so I doubt these people would just stick their neck out just to virtue signal. I always think something smells fishy when you lead with "Bob was farting in the workspace, sexist pig, women's right 2019 woo!" and end with "Oh yeah, someone got drugged and raped too."
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vrmBjMNv,comment-id=0000000100040000,timestamp=2019-06-13T20:31:05.356+0000) > > Who're the prominent and trustworthy voices speaking out? Trying to find all these old tweets is definitely a hard ask but I'll try, it was all over Reddit and Twitter last year https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/9usb94/current_and_former_employees_sue_riot_games_for/?sort=confidence Contains a link to the allegations against them https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/95elic/inside_the_culture_of_sexism_at_riot_games/e3s6ozr/ Official Riot response https://kotaku.com/inside-the-culture-of-sexism-at-riot-games-1828165483 Testimony about the sexual allegations (Take kotaku with a grain of salt, but...) https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/95elic/inside_the_culture_of_sexism_at_riot_games/e3s75xt/?sort=confidence This thread has a ton of tweets from various people. IronStylus, Scarizard, and Quickshot should be names a lot of people recognize. None of them are at the top echelons at Riot but have worked with the company for years. Also Mini White Rabbit gives a very detailed account of her experiences. This was blowing up for a while last year but went quiet and now it seems to be escalating to legal action.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vrmBjMNv,comment-id=00000001000400000000,timestamp=2019-06-13T20:38:28.794+0000) > > Trying to find all these old tweets is definitely a hard ask but I'll try, it was all over Reddit and Twitter last year > > https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/9usb94/current_and_former_employees_sue_riot_games_for/?sort=confidence > Contains a link to the allegations against them > > https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/95elic/inside_the_culture_of_sexism_at_riot_games/e3s6ozr/ > Official Riot response > > https://kotaku.com/inside-the-culture-of-sexism-at-riot-games-1828165483 > Testimony about the sexual allegations (Take kotaku with a grain of salt, but...) > > https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/95elic/inside_the_culture_of_sexism_at_riot_games/e3s75xt/?sort=confidence > This thread has a ton of tweets from various people. IronStylus, Scarizard, and Quickshot should be names a lot of people recognize. None of them are at the top echelons at Riot but have worked with the company for years. Also Mini White Rabbit gives a very detailed account of her experiences. > > This was blowing up for a while last year but went quiet and now it seems to be escalating to legal action. Am I missing something here or is this just a link to someone writing an opinion piece for Kotaku and a Reddit thread of people debating allegations as if they're somehow concrete evidence and asserting that there's a "toxic workplace" at Riot based purely on allegations, same as they've been doing here on the boards?
: > [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vrmBjMNv,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-06-13T13:47:58.807+0000) > > While I agree that pay should be based off of the employee's contributions to the company, as well as things like merit and experience, this is Riot games we're talking about. I checked the article, and it mentions that it's also about things like sexual harassment and assault, not just pay. > The article also says that Riot is refusing to provide the information requested. The only reason they would be doing that is if they are trying to hide something. I mean people refuse to take drug tests or take tests at sobriety checkpoints because they're under the influence, and refusal to comply makes it worse for them. Why shouldn't it make it worse for riot? Its worth noting the sexual harassment issue has been a topic of discussion for about a year now and many Rioters, shoutcasters working with Riot, and other people who work with Riot employees regularly have pretty much confirmed that they've witnessed the kinds of harassment being described the women working at the company. Any accusation should be investigated instead of automatically believed, but when there's a ton of prominent and trustworthy voices speaking out about this being a real thing, I'm inclined to think they're right. Sexual harassment and other sexual crime are hard to prove by the nature of them so its often a he said, she said kind of issue. Though typically when people are guilty there is a large amount of witness testimony and there's definitely a ton of accusations being put towards Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vrmBjMNv,comment-id=000000010004,timestamp=2019-06-13T20:27:11.862+0000) > > Its worth noting the sexual harassment issue has been a topic of discussion for about a year now and many Rioters, shoutcasters working with Riot, and other people who work with Riot employees regularly have pretty much confirmed that they've witnessed the kinds of harassment being described the women working at the company. > > Any accusation should be investigated instead of automatically believed, but when there's a ton of prominent and trustworthy voices speaking out about this being a real thing, I'm inclined to think they're right. Sexual harassment and other sexual crime are hard to prove by the nature of them so its often a he said, she said kind of issue. Though typically when people are guilty there is a large amount of witness testimony and there's definitely a ton of accusations being put towards Riot. Who're the prominent and trustworthy voices speaking out?
: > [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vrmBjMNv,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-13T18:35:40.264+0000) > > Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. > > Also @ thread : > > I think everyone who thinks they know more than they do about what's going on with this lawsuit and what kind of behavior Riot Games has behind closed doors should probably stop pretending that they do. > > Allegations are not evidence of anything other than disgruntled employees. > > In the socio-political atmosphere of today, women are the first demographic of employees to talk about how they're not being fairly treated in the workplace. > > Men and women do not have the same accolades and work the same position for the same amount of time and end up getting paid differently outside of the obvious, not asking for raises. That's their fault, no one else's. A company is not a moral entity. It is not going to give you a raise 'just because,' you have to leverage it from them based on your contributions. > > If it's proven to not be the case, then we can talk about how much of an injustice it is but I cannot stress enough how ripe the stink is with this sort of bullshit. > > Everyone thinks they have a smoking gun until they don't. I really don't care about Riot because they don't put food on my table. I was just sharing my opinion on things I think should happen to women in the workplace. I did say up to a certain pay grade. Sure the CEO can afford her own products but women who are working jobs and still don't meet their states standards for middle class should be given assistance for a biological function that is necessary for the survival of the human race when they have no control over and shouldn't be punished for. And yes punished. I have had many male supervisors ask me, because they thought it was okay, "why do women always to choose to have their period at the same time". I had to give my 52 year old boss a biology lesson and then took the rest of the day off of work because that fell in the category of shit I'm not dealing with. I have had another ask me to stop calling out for my period. When I came to work and literally couldn't leave the restroom he finally understood why.
> [{quoted}](name=OtakuBurrito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vrmBjMNv,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-06-13T18:41:45.650+0000) > > I really don't care about Riot because they don't put food on my table. I was just sharing my opinion on things I think should happen to women in the workplace. I did say up to a certain pay grade. Sure the CEO can afford her own products but women who are working jobs and still don't meet their states standards for middle class should be given assistance for a biological function that is necessary for the survival of the human race when they have no control over and shouldn't be punished for. > > And yes punished. I have had many male supervisors ask me, because they thought it was okay, "why do women always to choose to have their period at the same time". I had to give my 52 year old boss a biology lesson and then took the rest of the day off of work because that fell in the category of shit I'm not dealing with. I have had another ask me to stop calling out for my period. When I came to work and literally couldn't leave the restroom he finally understood why. That's because it is okay to have a sense of humor, just apparently not around you because you're an ideologue. _CAN YOU BELIEVE HE HAD THE AUDACITY TO POKE FUN AT MY MENSTRUAL CYCLE?!_ Yeah, $20 says he doesn't actually think that you get to choose when your period happens but you're so ingrained with social activism that you don't understand what sarcasm looks like anymore. That's also not a punishment. That's you acting like a child to a very stereotypical comment from a man about a woman's period. The proper response here is to jest back at him, not show the world how independent and strong of a woman you are by being completely dependent on a behavior and thought process fed to you by dumb bitches on the news. I'm sure you're also the type to adopt the argument, "Men don't have a right to talk to women about what they do with their bodies!" Correct me if I'm wrong. Pretty much eating every slice of the "I'm a sexist but it's okay because I'm a woman" pie in 2019. Prescription is to stop being so fucking uptight about everything, especially when you want to punt your bills onto everyone else because you think a want is a necessity. They don't pay for my shampoo. They don't pay for my toothpaste. They don't pay for my clothes. Etc... Your bodily hygienic products are no more necessary than any of those in order to exist in society.
Al3K5j3Car (EUNE)
: COOLING DOWN METHOD
I find insulting people is infinitely more relaxing.
: Unpopular opinion: I think women should be paid more or at the very least have laws in place to give them a stipen up to a certain pay grade for our month necessities. For anyone who just said, "what monthly necessities?!" I mean: Tampons (Depending on your brand but 18nwill run you at least 5 dollars unless on sale and you need about 6 a day for 7 days if you're not having hormonal issues) Pads (Size/weight/and brand but usually 30 cost about 7 bucks minimum but not everyone like these and they usually leave a nasty rash as thr days persist) Ointment (For the dreaded period rash) Birth Control (Many of us take it because it helps regulate our periods and keep them from be constantly on/off for 3 months at a time. While this may vary most women do experience endometriosis that can cause pains and cramps so severe that it has been compared to having a rib broken with each contraction) Pain pills for our periods (Midol and in many cases trauma doll) Snacks (Periods are weird. One month I eat 4 bags of chips and I pay for it thr next I don't eat chips and my body punishes me. In addition chocolate helps promote mood and keeps most of us from be a lazy of poopoo while the raggedy bitch is here) Water weight pill (Yes these do exist and are needed. Many women gain 5-10 pounds and swell up on their periods) The special deodorant (trust me when I say we need this) Sanitary wipes (I'll spare the details) Pamprin/Midol for sickness and nausea All of this usually adds up to be about 45-50 bucks a month that many us dish out about 500 a year if we're lucky and catch sales. That costs about the price of 4 person Netflix, HBO, and Hulu with no adds all together for 12 months. And depending on how you choose to watch TV you can get (and if you are single) 1 year of Netflix, Hulu with HBO + one other package of your choice, and year of family Spotify for a year and it would still be cheaper than the price of basic feminine care for a year. And this is just base minimum. We have to worry about things like cotton prices that have driven our products up to as much as 9 dollars for a box of 18 tampons when is basically 2 for a dollar not including tax for something you need and still have to throw away.
> [{quoted}](name=OtakuBurrito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vrmBjMNv,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-13T16:21:16.628+0000) > > Unpopular opinion: I think women should be paid more or at the very least have laws in place to give them a stipen up to a certain pay grade for our month necessities. > > For anyone who just said, "what monthly necessities?!" I mean: > > Tampons (Depending on your brand but 18nwill run you at least 5 dollars unless on sale and you need about 6 a day for 7 days if you're not having hormonal issues) > > Pads (Size/weight/and brand but usually 30 cost about 7 bucks minimum but not everyone like these and they usually leave a nasty rash as thr days persist) > > Ointment (For the dreaded period rash) > Birth Control (Many of us take it because it helps regulate our periods and keep them from be constantly on/off for 3 months at a time. While this may vary most women do experience endometriosis that can cause pains and cramps so severe that it has been compared to having a rib broken with each contraction) > Pain pills for our periods (Midol and in many cases trauma doll) > > Snacks (Periods are weird. One month I eat 4 bags of chips and I pay for it thr next I don't eat chips and my body punishes me. In addition chocolate helps promote mood and keeps most of us from be a lazy of poopoo while the raggedy bitch is here) > > Water weight pill (Yes these do exist and are needed. Many women gain 5-10 pounds and swell up on their periods) > > The special deodorant (trust me when I say we need this) > > Sanitary wipes (I'll spare the details) > > Pamprin/Midol for sickness and nausea > > > All of this usually adds up to be about 45-50 bucks a month that many us dish out about 500 a year if we're lucky and catch sales. > > That costs about the price of 4 person Netflix, HBO, and Hulu with no adds all together for 12 months. And depending on how you choose to watch TV you can get (and if you are single) 1 year of Netflix, Hulu with HBO + one other package of your choice, and year of family Spotify for a year and it would still be cheaper than the price of basic feminine care for a year. > > And this is just base minimum. We have to worry about things like cotton prices that have driven our products up to as much as 9 dollars for a box of 18 tampons when is basically 2 for a dollar not including tax for something you need and still have to throw away. Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Also @ thread : I think everyone who thinks they know more than they do about what's going on with this lawsuit and what kind of behavior Riot Games has behind closed doors should probably stop pretending that they do. Allegations are not evidence of anything other than disgruntled employees. In the socio-political atmosphere of today, women are the first demographic of employees to talk about how they're not being fairly treated in the workplace. Men and women do not have the same accolades and work the same position for the same amount of time and end up getting paid differently outside of the obvious, not asking for raises. That's their fault, no one else's. A company is not a moral entity. It is not going to give you a raise 'just because,' you have to leverage it from them based on your contributions. If it's proven to not be the case, then we can talk about how much of an injustice it is but I cannot stress enough how ripe the stink is with this sort of bullshit. Everyone thinks they have a smoking gun until they don't.
: Riot games has just set out a new rule!
He gets pets in his splashes because everyone needs friends and since everyone hates Yasuo...
Show more

Spekkıo

Level 70 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion