: 'Broken'? in a way, yes...though more a epitome of something that is broken in the game overall. 'OP'? Not at all from my PBE experiences, quite easy to kit. Now the thing that is broken is the amount of tank hate he has in his kit, it's basically the peak of riots 'we don't do tank' design philosophie. High %hp damage on his spamable Q, which on it's own is fine cause as a juggernaut with no hyper steroid and low target acces, he needs to be a threat to those he reaches somehow. Even the truedamage nuke on the W is fine, it's avoidable and it requires him to take damage first in order to do any meaninfull damage. Though i'm certainly not a fan of %hp damage and truedamage in the same kit, leaves little option to built tankiness against him However, what really is broken is his ult. 60% bonus HP of the target as aoe damage. This creates such a massive difference in damage depending on whom he faces. His ult vs squishys has poor damage, but slam a regular frontliner like darius into them and it's 1500+ damage. Now add an hp stacking champ like cho or sion and his ult can just oneshot any backline. and i'm not even exxegerateing. I litterally killed an ashe 100-0 by slaming her cho into her, just that 1 R and nothing else. This means that choosing a beefy champ if sett is open is basically helping the enemie team. If you built hp vs him, he benefits more from that than you and that's just a horrible design. He can't do shit vs the likes of fiora or riven, but if you play a tank, you might as well stay in fountain cause jpining a teamfight helps him more than your team.
To be fair, we did just lose the true damage on conq, meaning a lot of tanks will start emerging as top lane picks, since bruisers won't be able to do any damage to tanks. As such, I see Sett as a good addition to the champ pool, allowing a decent anti-tank top/jungle to be there as a counterpick
: Tanks slow the game down and that's bad for LCS viewership. Riot might also be a little worried about them as a class after galio justice punched worlds in the naughty bits.
I mean, have you seen how tanks play? Most tanks end up gap closing onto a champ, and sitting on them till whatever combination of sunfire, grasp and thorn kills said opponent.
pwc2016 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ikeinator,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aJBzwWG4,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-10T06:32:53.450+0000) > > Yeah the new dragon system is horrible. if you can't take and contest dragons its almost a guaranteed game over because the dragon soul buffs are so strong. Yep. I think if Dopa is saying that it's too strong, you should probably listen, but what do I know?
Apparently not much, if your only argument for it is that a high tier player said it
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Spicy Rice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2zm2QQ9l,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-09T16:14:02.527+0000) > > I'd probably add a survival mechanic to his passive. > > Something along the lines of, when Kog reaches 1 hp, he gets 3 secs of invulnerability and if he gets a kill (not an assist) he revives with 10% max hp That is broken. The point of Kog is that he is supposed to be easilt bursted in exchange for broken damage. If anything, I will remove the armor and mr shred from his Q and add it to his passive but apply stacks. Then add some maybe lifesteal(both for magic and ad) to the target he qs for X second.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2zm2QQ9l,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-12-09T17:50:58.536+0000) > > That is broken. The point of Kog is that he is supposed to be easilt bursted in exchange for broken damage. > > If anything, I will remove the armor and mr shred from his Q and add it to his passive but apply stacks. > > Then add some maybe lifesteal(both for magic and ad) to the target he qs for X second. It is broken, but these days, kog is kind of useless. He doesn't really out DPS or out burst anyone and is still the most vulnerable adc. Like, if you need to kill a bunch of squishies, you might as well play jinx or xayah who can build crit and burst people in 3 autos while also having defensive tools. At the same time, if you are fighting tanky comps, you might as well pick Vayne or Kai'sa, who not only shred tanks, but once again, have great tools to self peel.
: If you were given the job of making a new passive for Kog'Maw, what would you make it?
I'd probably add a survival mechanic to his passive. Something along the lines of, when Kog reaches 1 hp, he gets 3 secs of invulnerability and if he gets a kill (not an assist) he revives with 10% max hp
: Ryze's upcoming nerf helps, but doesn't accomplish much.
We just ignoring how anyone with higher range can just kill him with no retaliation?
Sirsir (NA)
: The Ryze Problem
I like how suddenly, because ryze was played in LCS, he's now suddenly broken. Yet 2 months back, people were dodging and calling me a troll for playing ryze.... Now, I won't say that he isn't strong, because he is, but he does have a glaring weakness, mainly that his kit is targeted, except for q, meaning if you aren't in his range, he can't do jack to you. And considering he has a short range (for a mage), it becomes pretty simple to beat the crap out of him. The main problem with ryze, imo, is conq giving him lots of healing and extra damage. The healing is being reduced for ranged champs next patch, so now we just need to see if they will also make it harder for ranged champs to stack. EDIT: Also, MR itemization is honestly pretty shit atm. I'd rather that Riot focus on making MR items worth buying before looking to directly nerf mages, so that ap champs don't get double whammied
: Skarner never personally hit 63%, it was his mains that hit 63%. He was just overtuned.
: Fucking Riot at it again... We saw how much slighly less base dmg meant for Garens winrate, and now they do this AND reduce base dmg - well alright, way to go overboard. This will not only ruin attack speed builds, but tanky Garen too. Good thing I got that God-king Garen skin!...
Maybe don't buy skins for champs because they are strong?
Rockman (NA)
: Pay your cat tax
here's my fluffy chonker https://i.redd.it/3m7y1cvtw5t31.jpg
: just switch to reddit. this forums garbage anyways. you can say the r word on reddit but if you say it theres too many sjw mods. reddits less toxic than boards and theres much more people to discuss with, some threads have like 7k comments
> [{quoted}](name=Original Sin,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ei05XwEe,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-02T06:09:30.029+0000) > > just switch to reddit. this forums garbage anyways. you can say the r word on reddit but if you say it theres too many sjw mods. reddits less toxic than boards and theres much more people to discuss with, some threads have like 7k comments Lol, they post here because they get roasted too much on reddit for spouting nonsense out of their ass (when discussing gameplay/balance)
Kendren1 (NA)
: Riot should rly let me test their system. I bet i could lose 90+% of my games on pupose all the way from p1 to s4 without getting a punishment. They keep saying game punishes inters, but it only punishes hard inting. It is very easy to lose a game u dont want to win without needing to actually just run it down. And people want to pretend those people are all just "having a bad game".
I mean, 90% of the time when I report people for inting, I get a notification that they were punished, so.....
: I have several questions but first one would be why he gos swain with conq?
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HZRzwyFW,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2019-11-30T20:14:05.843+0000) > > I have several questions but first one would be why he gos swain with conq? Because it's good? You get tons of ap and extra healing
: hashinshin: mages are most broken class and require no skill to play
Imagine pulling a game where a guy first times a champ in a master tier ranked game and using that as evidence that he is wrong
: Now that CONQUEROR & SANGUINE BLADE hit live servers we need to have GRIEVOUS WOUNDS on OBLIVION ORB
Everyone is making the wrong argument for why Oblivion Orb can't have grievous wounds. The fact of the matter is, Executioners and bramble build into pretty shit items, while oblivion orb builds into a good item. The only way you could put grievous on morello, and have it be balanced, is if you changed morello to something like 40 ap and 200 hp.
Doge2020 (NA)
: My favorite part about aphelios’s interaction with Hurricane is that an auto attack only consumes one ammo. This gives aphelios WAAAYYY too much wave clear when paired up with Hurricane lol For other people: watch AnkleSpankin’s video of aphelios on YouTube, you don’t need to watch the entire video but towards the end of it (I would guess 25 min mark) he buys a hurricane and you get to see the Infernum and Hurricane interaction in-game. (To Captain- that last part was for those that didn’t see the interaction, it’s obvious you and I seen it lol)
not like jinx has the same thing. Yes, it can feel like bullshit, but since the man has no escapes, and 1 hard cc that's very conditional, i think the interaction is fine
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: What happened to Zileas's design philosophy?
ITT : People who are complaining about Aphelios because players need to learn what his kit does, like every other friggin champ in the game
: some instakilling you with a single basic attack is really a wonderful mechanic.
If a single basic is bringing you down to 20% hp, then the dragon finishing you off isn't really the problem here, now is it?
KazKaz (OCE)
: Great! That still doesn't help me combat their range advantage, pathing+positioning advantage and safety! Klepto being gone was a necessity as it broke top lane as a whole, now we need some actual game balance done to the lane.
I mean, not like you can just take D Shield and second wind, build a defensive item, and freeze, forcing them to over-extend and therefore get fucked by ganks. Not like having a ranged top essentially screws over a team as they lose a potentially front-liner. Now, i won't say it's fun, but getting counter picked is never fun. The fact that there are ways to mitigate ranged advantages and clear downsides to playing ranged tops makes it balanced though.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=KnightLakega,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gIobcsJ2,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-22T12:37:50.658+0000) > > Meanwhile Riot took a whole a year "reworking assassins" so they would have more "interplay" because "Assassins unloading all their damage too quickly was bad for gameplay"... Meanwhile Riven.... Was funny af when marksmen would just auto win the 1v1 late game vs reworked Leblanc because her damage is locked behing a 1.5 second passive {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} So much for being an “Assassin”
You mean the re-worked LB that was so op that they had to revert her?
CyberPhobic (EUNE)
: Please for the love of god do something about junglers camping top.
I don't think they really can tbh. With the jungle exp nerfs and how important dragons are, camping top straight up makes you lose as a jungler tbh
: Elder execute is NO FUN FOR ANYBODY
I mean, in the games I've played so far, no one ever got the dragon soul, let alone Elder, soooo
Baval (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CRIMSONFKR,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o5fjEiwU,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-11-21T05:47:40.851+0000) > > {{item:3165}} Exist > > And two on the list extremely situational items one of them need it passive be proc'd. > > Two items is for spilt pushers. > > {{item:3144}} {{item:3153}} Only what three adc's build this item > > And bloodline a rune I barely see be picked up and only adc's pick most of the time. > > Right now the last thing we need is a unkillable dps burst mage who already go around healing a shitton just with taste of blood and ravenous hunter. lmao, youre right it does exist, and it only costs 5X as much as {{item:3123}} I WISH i had spellvamp options that i couldnt take. I have 0 options. I WISH i had spellvamp runes i couldnt take. I have 0 options. boo hoo i have options but not everyone of them is best in slot. i feel for you, i really do.
Except, ya know, no one really wants to take Mortal Reminder, make it essentially a dead slot, while Morello is just an all around good item
klin537 (NA)
: Yasuo into mundo top
Ehh, tbh Yasuo is kinda ass atm anyways. He doesn't really get enough damage for how hard he is pushed into rushing pure attspd/crit items. Combined with really bad base stats and you have a champ who loses to most melees who actually have the stats to fight
: The REAL difference between Bronze, Silver, and Gold
Honestly, the skill difference to me comes as such. Bronze - Basic game knowledge put in practice (csing, trading, basic rotations, etc) Silver - Starting to get basic mechanics down to reflex, leading to more improvement in complex mechanical skills Gold - Most micro mechanics are sufficiently mastered that they can start focusing on more complex macro gameplay and team play
: I hate gold. It ruined my want to climb. Maybe next season I will try to hit diamond or smthn
> [{quoted}](name=BrokenRayquaza,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3JgLEhZq,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-14T12:25:10.890+0000) > > I hate gold. It ruined my want to climb. Maybe next season I will try to hit diamond or smthn it only gets worse the higher you go. The higher the tier, the more likely you are playing with psychopaths who are willing to grind out games to climb, and whose focus is on winning rather than having a good time I should know, because thats how I am, as well as my higher tier friends.
: This is how I feel about getting someone to play a Tank. It's like some people are allergic to game-winning utility.
> [{quoted}](name=Variks the Loyal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ei406kfZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-13T23:55:41.072+0000) > > This is how I feel about getting someone to play a Tank. > > It's like some people are allergic to game-winning utility. I mean, I would play a tank, but then I have to trust that the rest of my team will A. Not feed B. Actually engage with me and C. Focus priority targets. If i can't trust my team to do that, then i might as well play someone who can carry and do it myself.
KazKaz (OCE)
: Yeah, whenever people say that lethality is fine as a stat (usually the AD assassin players) I just take a step back and remember that Zed used to build {{item:3153}} and he used to require skill, instead of this unga bunga playstyle he has now. God, I wish when assassins actually required a brain to play.
What skill did botrk zed require? All you did was ult someone, botrk them, land an easy w-e-q and aa them 1 or 2 times for a kill
: I miss the days when you could build Shyvana as a Bruiser
It's not like AD shyv is weak, its just that AP shyv has cheesy levels of damage
: Can we tone down damage and make league require skill again?
the only reason ap malph is so strong, is because everyone and their mother is playing squishy champs. Play tankier champs, or champs who can work defensive items into their build and watch how he dives in and get one shot. Or... ya know, ward and space out so he can only reliably hit 1 person in fights
5050BS (NA)
: Promo games are always like this. Riot does not just match you vs enemies that are of the rank you are going to, they also put complete trash on your team. Its their way of blocking old accounts from promoting. They hard lock accounts and give you yo-yo games so you keep trying for the carrot. Smurf accounts can jump right over silver and silver is the worst rank because Riot puts new accounts in upper silver completely ruining the MMR system. You get Smurfs and you get Iron players. Riot does not let old accounts improve. You are locked unless you boost.
Uhh what? I've used my account since season 3 and I have yet to be "locked". How about you stop bitching/promoting boosting and start to actually learn how to play?
: As a gigantic fan of the Star Guardians **and** an Urgot main: **LET THIS MEME DIE!** It is never going to happen, at least not in the way people are joking about it. It would ruin both, the skin line and Urgot as a personality. The only way they can work him into that skin universe would be to make him some ancient eldritch space horror that is the ultimate evil behind the corruption which the Star Guardians have to fight against. But he will never ever become a Star Guardian, stop this madness!
> [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UNEF7q1f,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-04T23:22:45.102+0000) > > As a gigantic fan of the Star Guardians **and** an Urgot main: > **LET THIS MEME DIE!** > > It is never going to happen, at least not in the way people are joking about it. It would ruin both, the skin line and Urgot as a personality. > The only way they can work him into that skin universe would be to make him some ancient eldritch space horror that is the ultimate evil behind the corruption which the Star Guardians have to fight against. > > But he will never ever become a Star Guardian, stop this madness! Easy, Pajama Guardian Urgot
: what reworks/changes that riot has done in the past that affected you the most?
{{summoner:12}} The TP nerf. It used to be the main reason that top lane actually was able to have an affect on the game, because at any moment, a beefy brawler could pop into a fight. In other cases, it allowed weaker melees to survive lane top lane, due to lower tp cooldowns, which allowed laners to more liberally use tp to get back to lane. Granted, it needed a nerf, since everyone was using tp flash, instead of any other combo of summoners. But still, I think the TP nerf is what lead to the current state of top lane
Rioter Comments
Rαy (EUW)
: Spam Ganks are annoying and Farming Junglers struggle: How does reducing Jungle Xp improve anything?
reducing exp = more camps needed to stay up in levels this means more time needed in the jung farming which is bad for gank heavy jungs and good for farming junglers. At the same time, it becomes more punishing to fail a gank and get counterjungled.
: That sounds absolutely like a nightmare. Who won that?
Iirc, the Sion's won that off of pure HP scaling. We had w to chunk them, but since its a huge cd, best we could do was take turns eating one guy and stunning everyone else who came near. After like 50 mins though, they all had ridiculous amounts of hp to work with and warmogs to regen back up when we were ganging up on 1 guy
GilxeN (EUW)
: YOU asked for URF now complaining about ending quickly? {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
Hey now, I didn't ask for it, because I know what a cesspool it is. You can't really prevent people from picking the most OP champs, and all random is bad because you can get RNG'd with bad champs or good champs. Simply put, our community can't handle URF
: It's fucking hysterical to be a team of Rammuses against a team of Yasuos. That was the most glorious One For All I've ever been in.
The best I've ever played was 5 Kenches vs 5 Sions. 1 sion would try to fight 1 kench, then both teams would ult over to help out. And since both sides were insanely tanky, by the time to killed someone and got a 2nd to near death, the first person was respawned
: Idk where this misconception that Conq is the reason Tanks aren't played comes from.
it comes from bad players who blame a keystone for them losing, instead of their own lack of skill
: Late game champs like {{champion:157}} can beat your ass in during first ten minutes thanks to bullshit like conqueror and eletrocute. I say runes are a major issue, and the lack of defensive items vs true damage
A. Yas really isn't a late game champ. His reduced crit damage ensures that. In fact, he is a champ that peaks at midgame, due to having a strong 2 item spike and really consistent dps. B. If yas is beating your ass solo, then you are doing something wrong as these days, most melees have the damage/stats to beat him, and mages don't really have issues farming from range once they get Lost Chapter
Rioter Comments
Yääto (NA)
: Conqueror Changes
How does it help champs deal with poke? Melees need to stack it 5 times to get the healing, and even then, healing is only on champs This means that only if the melee is brawling for a decent chunk of time, do they get the healing.
Done25 (NA)
: They're also lowering the base scaling damage on energized procs, but triple stack proc late game on Jhin's 4th shot is looking to be scary...
to be fair, a triple stacked jhin on 4th shot should be scary
: Because these big money whore companies wave stuff like the current loot in your face. "Hey guys look how amazing we are at being a company, enjoy some free loot because we love you guys", where in reality you need to play an absurd number of games to get just one skin, not even being one you want. The reason people don't like some free things is because the people giving them away for free are doing it for monetary gain and leverage over said people, while trying to minimize how much they can actually give away. Edit: The OP edited in the last part later on, after I posted > im talking about they are fantastic gifts for the 10th year anniversary. I wasn't referring to the 10 year anniversary at all, go into my post history and you will see I praised them, and even said that 3000 orange essence might have even been too generous to give, but I am not complaining.
> [{quoted}](name=Blue Shift,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BePJlJTX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-19T22:50:35.547+0000) > > Because these big money whore companies wave stuff like the current loot in your face. "Hey guys look how amazing we are at being a company, enjoy some free loot because we love you guys", where in reality you need to play an absurd number of games to get just one skin, not even being one you want. > > The reason people don't like some free things is because the people giving them away for free are doing it for monetary gain and leverage over said people, while trying to minimize how much they can actually give away. 11 games is an absurd number?
: I have had two ideas I think could work. One is a straight nerf. Scaling duration with Ranks. Not about 4 seconds at all ranks. The other is a rework. Switching Windwall and his Ult around. Make Windwall his Ult. Give it a longer duration say 6 seconds and its width would scale like 400/500/600. Its CD would be like 90/60/30 His W would become a knock up reliant dash onto a single target. It would cause one double crit damage instance and give Yas a set amount of Lethality or Armor Pen depending on rank that lasts like 3-5 seconds. This would make his Windwall a teamfight tool more than a personal shield. And he still has INSANE solo duel potential do to the reworked Knockup Dash.
I will point out that tying his main defensive tool to his ult will necessitate you to hard buff him in other areas. Either he will need base stats so good that he doesn't need windwall to survive, or you increase his damage to the point where he doesn't need defense at all
: Ah yes, the 500% increased playrate of “mains” playing him since the last patch.
Lol, I've seen players with 50k or less mastery saying they are shaco mains or one tricks. Like. where the fuck were they before this patch? Why haven't i seen a shaco in like 2 years?
Saezio (EUNE)
: You do know only ganking Jg are viable atm right? All farming Junglers are already fucked rn
You know why? Because you can gank like a madman, and still be relatively equal in level. lowering jung exp = more time needed farming to keep up in levels = gank heavy junglers falling behind without taxing laners. You know the last time i was taxed CS as a solo laner? Season 4 Season friggin 4
Nazgul10 (EUNE)
: It's even funnier that it says that "By the time Elder Dragon spawns, the game has dragged on too long". Before the client update when it showed how much time each map takes, SR had 30-40 minutes. Elder spawns at 35, so 35 minutes now is too much according to Riot. When I saw what it did I literally laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair. I actually couldn't believe that they wanted to do that. Ult CDR on fucking cloud drake? Like what the fuck? The most depressing thing in that video was the excitement the devs had when releasing that pile of SHIT. It honestly might be the Season I'm quitting. I'm literally sitting here for almost 3 fucking seasons waiting for shit to come back to normal and all they can come up with is more ways to piss me off. It's sad how things like these go through.
spawns at 35 doesnt mean that a team will get it at 35.... Baron spawns at 20 mins, but how often do you see teams that aren't insanely ahead take it (without sneaking it) And with elder being so strong, it's even harder to take it without a massive fight.
: thankfully Shaco is only getting his starting clear nerfed
> [{quoted}](name=SnackerMore,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EjAE8MFc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-14T14:07:09.291+0000) > > thankfully Shaco is only getting his starting clear nerfed TBH, that's all he needs changed imo. Strong ganks are fine, its being able to gank super early while having a farm lead that makes him unbearable
Show more

Spicy Rice

Level 119 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion