: 200+ Champions to choose from and every game for the week comprises of the same 20ish champ is boring and makes me wonder why I reinstalled this game.
Ive come to the conclusion because it's how limited item sets are and not the champions themselves, since kit overload can be overcome with flat and ratio modifiers. I believe there will always be a massive disconnect between champions when some can make extremely efficient purchases while others must settle for lackluster benefits when comparing similar gold leads with similar types of champions. For example: Zed can snowball out of control since all he needs is lethality and cdr, both easily accessible in conjunction with each other. Meanwhile Talon can get an early advantage and do similar to Zed, but Talon cannot sustain very long without sheen. This lack of early lethality makes Talon less deadly, but more capable of out sustaining his enemy. There should be more tier 2/3-4 options for items. There should, preferably, be a tier 2 item for almost any tier 1 item combination. Mana crystal + Longsword? Potentially perfect tier 2 item for talon, especially over sheen for very early game gold efficiency for example.
ßlameMyADC (EUNE)
: You are not the average player though. In fact I'd go as far as saying the minority of players even checks the boards. Most people open the client join their ARAM and then dodge if they don't get a champ they like or Reroll / Spam the trade button to literally lock you down and give up your champ or spam click on the position where decline will reappear everytime they spam the trade. Most people do not want a unique and truly random experience because that means they are less likely to win. Most people run the mentality - Games are won, not fun. When especially ARAM was made because its randomness is only about the fun. You'd play true ARAM if you didn't give a shit about loosing or winning, just for the lolz of trying to make a whacky combo work. It's like people who'd surrender an URF not due to time constraints they have in private but because they aren't winning. Heck there is people surrendering ARAMs. ARAM is literally just a fun mode. Hardly anything competitive about it and yet there is people who will be toxic and whine and cry because they didnt get their champ in ARAM. These people might not be you or me or anyone on the boards, but they are still the majority.
I dunno why youre being downvoted. Surely anyone who has played more than 30 ARAM games knows the pain of having an ass hat spam trade you and there's NOTHING you can do. Better hope your client isn't a laggy POS either since It takes a good 30 seconds just to set up my runes. If someone is spam trading you, they might as well be DDoSing you because it literally keeps you from doing anything other than accepting. Literally sucks if you want to trade someone else, or actually function enough to make a random off-key rune setup. It needs to be fixed buuuut… Ya know.
: I would be totally ok with no rerolls, bench, and definitely no bans because that was the true experience of ARAM. Anybody who play ARAM before the queue was added would know that. You chose to join the custom game and you were expected to play the champion you got unless someone was willing to trade with you. That was most of the fun trying to make the wacky comps you got work. It was obviously big to, even with those "negatives" seeing as Riot took it and made a Queue out of it and a new custom map for it.
You might be okay with It but the thing youre not thinking about is why those systems are in place and it's simple: To mitigate the effects of ARAM accounts and queue dodging which was, in my opinion, an epidemic in ARAM in season 7 and below when these systems didn't exist at all. Now if for instance, you were forced into playing the last champion you had in the previous queue regardless if it was 5 minutes or 5 month ago- That would practically make ARAM accounts completely useless. But, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" or rather if Riot doesn't think something is wrong, It won't get fixed.
KABLUMP (NA)
: Ulanopo you're bad at your forum job [EDIT]
Yet another reason to have me as a moderator. I can come up with elaborate reasons off the top of my head as to why a post or topic needs moderation, with or without needlessly bringing out the dusty and vague rulebook. But that won't happen because only random people I've never seen or heard from before that ask when the planets are coincidentally aligned get such positions.
Ploon (NA)
: ***
This has been here for over 4 hours. I gave Riot a college level letter regarding how and why I'd be an outstanding role model for the boards, not even to be batted an eye. Quite frankly, it's ridiculous that a forum of one of the most popular games In the world is this unprofessional. P.S. That is not an attack directed at the moderators personally, it is only a symptom of a much bigger problem- Riot management is a disheveled cacophony.
CLG ear (NA)
: blame tencent
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qYcmzkom,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-31T22:52:22.204+0000) > > blame tencent This in a nutshell. Tencent is just the embodiment of Communist China, whereas communism has always had oddities in it's market. A command economy cannot evaluate demand, only control the supply. This leads to huge surpluses in unwanted/unneeded goods, while leaving what should be high priority goods in scarce supply. Why Riot Games sold their ONLY money maker to a communist controlled company? Only the fucking idiot up top that made the decision can say. I can see him in his million-dollar yacht a year after the deal, thinking he's a genius. Now, several years and dozens of wrecked Ferraris later, Mr. Einstein isn't thinking selling his prized investment to the commies was such a marvelous idea.
: Why is the legacy cursor being removed?
I don't get this at ALL.. It's literally a +/- 50 x 30 bitmap image that takes up an extraordinarily itty-bitty amount of space both on-screen and data wise... Why haven't they been more open to different pointer options? Let us keep the original bronze gauntlet Give us a gunmetal gauntlet option and invest precious $(literally single dollars) into more pointer options Get rid of this pointy 'ole starwars arrowhead bs Profit
Moody P (NA)
: tanks are obsolete because all they offer is CC
I personally think resistance-and-cc heavy melee champions (tanks) should have at minimum 3 things going for them: 1.) Preferably Resistance, (and/or) if not than HP scaling. This is their trade off for lack of mobility and range. They should also have slower overall movement speed to make them have very distinct and unique disadvantages. 2.) Burst damage with higher cooldowns, but lower damage (or alternatively, the damage requires some set up and skill expression as to not be abused and uncounterable) than burst mages and assassins that CANNOT scale or synergize with lethality, crit, on-hit, or other traditional "carry" damage modifiers. I am a very firm believer that a "tank" is _**not**_ a "mobile meat mountain", and should be able to reliably outplay any sort of champion by skill instead of pure stat. 3.) Atleast 1 single-target CC that is reliable enough to catch a champion that has either an advantage in ranged, mobility, or both WHILE still being a skillshot. Also, some other type of CC that is either softer or much less-reliable. Nothing is fun about a CC-bot, not playing them nor against them. For instance, playing as Sejuani makes me want to afk... Same as against her.
: > [{quoted}](name=Support Position,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jMG8BLAE,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-06-19T03:33:40.662+0000) > > Not really. > > I would watch the anime: "New Game" if you wanna learn anything about game design etc. > > ALL teams have to work TOGETHER. To make sure the game is properly running. > > They have thousands of employees. And none of them are competent enough to do their jobs. > > Its not just balance. Its also playtest, lead devs, engine, art/skins now (with epileptic seize skin of Ez and the art work for the finishes that were out for a short time.) > > The "different dev teams" means nothing. Its just no one wants to speak up and do their jobs properly. They wish to half ass instead. I question the legitimacy of getting your ideas on game design from anime. This. Isn't. League. TFT is not LoL. They use the same client and the same engine, but they are _different games entirely._ Just because they work in the same company doesn't mean they're going to take manpower away from a different, _unrelated project_ to give it to fixing League. _Especially_ if they don't even work in that department.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jMG8BLAE,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2019-06-19T05:06:51.007+0000) > > I question the legitimacy of getting your ideas on game design from anime. > > This. Isn't. League. > > TFT is not LoL. > > They use the same client and the same engine, but they are _different games entirely._ > > Just because they work in the same company doesn't mean they're going to take manpower away from a different, _unrelated project_ to give it to fixing League. _Especially_ if they don't even work in that department. Lets be honest, stick 99.99% of players into fixing a highly complex system and they will be stumped(yes me included lol). If you ever wonder why it's often cheaper to destroy something and rebuild vs outright "fixing" it, it is because of how you can't "manipulate X until happy with Y". As an example: A car is considered a complex physical system with a battery, alternator, radiator, intake/exhaust manifold, fuel control, steering and braking systems, a transmission system, engine block with camshaft, rods, pistons, piston rings, spark plugs, and all the nuts and bolts and pipes and gaskets. A skilled mechanic with a little help and the right tools can fix hefty issues with most vehicles theyre confident with within a week. A video game is considered a complex virtual system whereas you have to build your own parts to the parts that fit into the equation. This can take months to years as it is an incredibly tedious process where if you screw up one line, it can cascade and screw up everything very quickly and easily. The problem is there is no defined set of rules, as in life there is physics and thermodynamics which are these processes that happen automatically. These same processes or rules must also be written in a program. All of this from 1s and 0s technically.
: Qiyana: Awesome visuals, but one big missed opportunity.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Woij1lcE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-06T19:15:23.965+0000) > > https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/f80d065e-d050-421a-ad5b-e89bd87af73a/d7v1kth-1579e8d7-97a5-4aa0-8142-744d1be88307.jpg/v1/fill/w_1024,h_3982,q_75,strp/maya_women_hairstyles_of_the_classic_period_by_kamazotz_d7v1kth-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Mzk4MiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2Y4MGQwNjVlLWQwNTAtNDIxYS1hZDViLWU4OWJkODdhZjczYVwvZDd2MWt0aC0xNTc5ZThkNy05N2E1LTRhYTAtODE0Mi03NDRkMWJlODgzMDcuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.tX-M51hNubSa3kfF1a8CdmwQL56cn2bTz6Cujdz9NFU 5th row, 4th on the left introducing... **Hamburgler Qiyana ** **$$$**
: I received a death threat from a post I made here in Player Behavior
> [{quoted}](name=LeafieGreens2,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FIqJTvdp,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-06T08:05:14.306+0000) > To be honest I am still freaked out and hope Riot takes action soon. This doesn't surprise me in the least. It took me working at a gas station by myself for months at the busiest gas station in my "city" for me to comprehend the scope of how crazy some people are. And I'm a guy (if that makes any difference, I tend to overlook some peoples' """"Quirks"""") This kind of thing is unacceptable, it's scary, and it's not as rare as some might think. The best you can do is send out support tickets until something gets resolved, because the guy sounds like a lunatic.
: What champion has the best basic stats and/or basic stats increase?
Typically speaking: Early game champions and will have better base stats, take Tryndamere with his base health + health per level. Mid game champions have decent base stats and decent scaling on their abilities, for instance Zed is an archetypical mid game champion with okayish base stats but makes up for it with his kit and itemization synergy. Late game champions often have the worst base stats and best scaling. The weird thing about this is this in itself "seems" to balance itself out, however when you take a champion's range into account it becomes convoluted. Ranged has inherent advantages in lane, which is early game to early-mid game.. Melee has it's disadvantages. Noted: I'll leave mobility out of this equation since it further complicates the intricacies of balance. So we have early game dominate melees in top lane going against mid to late game dominant ranged in theory, however ranged get their "disadvantages" completely mitigated when it's 1v1 ranged vs melee. If the ranged is smart, they can easily throw out 2-3x the damage on the opposing champion because they do not have to worry about MINION AGGRO, which hit like a truck early. They can also free farm under tower much more effectively but do have a minor risk of ganks (which, lets be honest... in the top lane is a coin flip for both sides.) What I'm trying to get here is that I would focus more on champion "role" than base stats vs scaling. Example: Juggernauts: Expect high base stats, lower scalings, and Melee for nearly all. They do well to build resistances because of said base stats. Tanks: Expect high base stats, very low damage scaling, and (almost?) all melee. Cannot function without resistances. Marksmen: Expect low base stats(expect Quinn for sooome reason), and all ranged. Does not synergize with resistances. Mages: Expect fair base stats, basically all ranged(but there are subtypes such as Battlemages that do well with resistances). Synergizes with damage and utility which is often coupled with basic resistances and health. Assassins: Decent to great base stats, basically all melee, high mobility, low scaling on abilities but 99% of their power comes from itemization synergy with their kits. I won't devolve into subtypes, but you get the idea. A great link was posted to give you more info. Hope this helps,, peace.
5050BS (NA)
: Playing High/Drunk in Ranked should be bannable
While we're at it, let's just ban anyone who takes medication for their AD(H)D. It gives them an unfair advantage. Or medication for pain as it impairs judgement. Or maybe just gitgud considering I know people who play better when they're high (not so much drunk, at all) and they don't admit to it. Like playing ranked is a paid job in a police state. Jeeeeebus
: Dodging in ARAM's shouldn't be so easy
For me, I will dodge maybe 1/15 games. That 1 game where we have just straight garbage, no skins, and I see the enemy benching someone like Varus or Draven than I know they have something much worse up their sleeve. I'm comfortable with all champions minus Zoe/whatever new one there is now Yumi I guess, and I'm more than willing to theorycraft myself to Victory. The problem is if our team has no CC/initiate, nor any spammable poke than I KNOW its going to be a loss and I don't like playing the lottery with my time for a 1/100000 chance for 1 measily win. I have to work so when I play League(ARAM) I like for both teams to be as balanced as possible. Sadly that only happens when theres bans (meaning I hardly play at all now, but ya know.)
: **UPDATE: ** Disregard the original message below. Because we take photosensitive epilepsy issues extremely seriously, Trials finisher animations have been disabled. When we bring finishers back, we’ll make sure players have the option to turn them off themselves. Turning off finishers does mean that we'll have to adjust rewards for players participating in the Trials event. We're figuring out those details now and will post an update once we have one. We’re also going to investigate more deeply in the meantime to determine what problems (if any) finishers have. _____________________________________________________________ Hey folks! First, let me apologize for these effects causing issues, and for not having a toggle for them in this event. The tl;dr is: the way we are rewarding and utilizing the finishers is new for Summoner's Rift/ARAM, and as such, we didn't have the time or bandwidth to have engineers rework this so that a toggle could ship with the finishers. We chatted about it at-length and ultimately decided we would rather ship them with no toggle than not ship them because we couldn't do a toggle, but we knew there would be some level of frustration and risk with that. So again, my apologies for making League less enjoyable for you in the meantime. When and if we release them again for ARAM/SR, we should have had the time by then to build a toggle for the content type so anyone that doesn't want them on can disable them.
I don't mean to harp on you, but the way you're saying it is basically "we're sorry, we didn't think about it and that it makes league less enjoyable for you." When it should be, "Safety is our Number 1 priority when it comes to our players and this will be brought up immediately." I mean you're kidding right? These people know the risk of playing your game and do it anyway because it makes them happy. The sad thing is, I don't even think you know what these seizures can really do. They play your game and they have FAITH that someone looks out for them while doing so. So when they run into something "flashy" do you think they can say "Oh, no more league for me." or do you think they topple over and potentially give themselves brain damage? This is what I don't like about Riot. People like us, we GIVE you this information for free. Infact we basically PAY YOU to receive our feedback and yet where does it go? In one ear, out the other. Hire me man, I know what to do. Just something to think about. Peace
wolf jade (EUNE)
: aram bans
Yeah, I could only wish they'd put bans back. I played over 50 games with the bans. Since the bans were removed I've played ~7, guess what? Each one was won by the most stacked team. Business as usual. League has long since been past it's peak. It's just sad that a game that was the epitome of my teens (minus women) is still going the way it was a decade ago instead of coming up with new methods. I guess they're happy with their retirements now and could care less about putting forth brain power to making the game great again, for anybody.
Jikker (NA)
: It wasn't removed by Riot to silence the desire for bans to come back. Personally, I _want_ bans in ARAM so there's no reason I'd want to silence that! However, the reason for the removal appears to be that it was low effort/spam and didn't really do much for discussion. If I had made the removal, I would've redirected you to General Discussion, but I can understand the choice the moderator in question made. It didn't really provide much in the way of discussion which is something we are aiming to see more of on Gameplay versus just "upvote this" (excuse me, I mean "upvate") type threads. I can understand the frustration in seeing the removal though after it received much support. However, we don't judge removals based on votes or number of comments; we remove based on rules and guidelines for the Boards and the specific sub-board. EDIT: I'll add in that a good thread with plenty of substance for discussion such as mentioning why bans made ARAM a better experience and why you want it back would probably be allowed to stay and, given the support for the subject, will receive the same amount of support for Riot to see.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hfGfxjel,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-04-20T03:23:16.791+0000) > > It wasn't removed by Riot to silence the desire for bans to come back. Personally, I _want_ bans in ARAM so there's no reason I'd want to silence that! However, the reason for the removal appears to be that it was low effort/spam and didn't really do much for discussion. > > If I had made the removal, I would've redirected you to General Discussion, but I can understand the choice the moderator in question made. It didn't really provide much in the way of discussion which is something we are aiming to see more of on Gameplay versus just "upvote this" (excuse me, I mean "upvate") type threads. > > I can understand the frustration in seeing the removal though after it received much support. However, we don't judge removals based on votes or number of comments; we remove based on rules and guidelines for the Boards and the specific sub-board. > > EDIT: I'll add in that a good thread with plenty of substance for discussion such as mentioning why bans made ARAM a better experience and why you want it back would probably be allowed to stay and, given the support for the subject, will receive the same amount of support for Riot to see. Hey Jikker, I appreciate your response. The topic in question _did_ have the typical amount of lower-effort posts, but there were some posts that provided genuine passion in their posts. I don't think this required the topic getting removed because I'm a firm believer that some peoples negligence shouldn't punish the conversation as a whole. This phenomena is synonymous with the internet and found all over- from Reddit, Youtube, to Facebook. If anything needed to be done, it should have been deleting the low-effort posts to save the topic. To generalize a whole topic as useless enough to delete is insulting to the people who have put in sufficient energy in their posts. My regards.
: Seriously. The only people who were complaining about ARAM bans were people with ARAM accounts.
Yeap. I've played 2 ARAMs today, the only matches I've played at all. Both were losses, of fucking course the enemy is poke heavy ezmode dog shit. Like it's obvious these "nerfs" weren't enough to Riot, that's why they added bans in the first place. But you know, fuck everyone else.
: id like if riven had less animations cancels. when the game needs to be balanced around casual, pro play, and one tricks, its a bit of an issue because the only people that do the tricks are one trips/pro play. casuals are pretty much fucked and even one tricks that are in bronze-plat/diamond would have to be as good as challenger riven players to play the champ if she was nerfed for the highest levels of play (animation canceling 24/7)
Yeap this. She is one of those champions literally nobody else picks except them. I could see having 2 with Tiamat, then she could have some of that "power" diverted elsewhere.
: Excuse me you not quite so informed sir, did you know that Science has indeed concluded that words can indeed cause physiological damages which can if taken far enough even result in physical complications? Human brains works that way, its not about "being tough" or "sensitive" its outright hardwired in our brains to react to be ill affected by insults, being put down, looked down on and etc. And humans are not logical, the victim could look at the person who is for example, hurling the insults at the victim and recognize that they are just out to cause misery and conclude that its all naught but shit however the brain doesnt play that nicely. Humans are social creatures who normally cant help but think about the input from the people in their surroundings, so a continuous or repeated set of insults will actually end up having effect almost regardless of what one might do or think. Of course its possible to learn to filter that out, however its not something everyone can do, nor something everyone has actually had to learn.--.-.......or something they actually should have to learn. That´s why there are laws and rules against degrading and insulting others, because a handful of words can result in irreversible consequences when directed towards the wrong person. Some people can get say take a severe wound to the chest or back and die almost instantly from the pain induced chock, others wont have such a severe reaction and will instead be fine if they get treated in time, a seemingly minor difference on paper with quite the difference in results. People are like paper? No, people are different and that´s why one has to be careful. ------- Now in my opinion one shouldn't take the written words read online seriously, however because humans are as we are its necessary to try and keep ourselves from thinking that such behavior is harmless because at some point it might not be and then it´ll be too late to feel sorry about it. So we cant just ignore the ill mannered and the toxic, because if people realized that being polite or quiet even are both doable and at no cost at all our environments would be so much better with almost no effort at all.
> [{quoted}](name=Thefrostyviking,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=TjwVmV4m,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-10T10:06:55.927+0000) > > Excuse me you not quite so informed sir, did you know that Science has indeed concluded that words can indeed cause physiological damages which can if taken far enough even result in physical complications? > > > Human brains works that way, its not about "being tough" or "sensitive" its outright hardwired in our brains to react to be ill affected by insults, being put down, looked down on and etc. > > And humans are not logical, the victim could look at the person who is for example, hurling the insults at the victim and recognize that they are just out to cause misery and conclude that its all naught but shit however the brain doesnt play that nicely. > > > Humans are social creatures who normally cant help but think about the input from the people in their surroundings, so a continuous or repeated set of insults will actually end up having effect almost regardless of what one might do or think. > > > Of course its possible to learn to filter that out, however its not something everyone can do, nor something everyone has actually had to learn.--.-.......or something they actually should have to learn. > > > That´s why there are laws and rules against degrading and insulting others, because a handful of words can result in irreversible consequences when directed towards the wrong person. > > > Some people can get say take a severe wound to the chest or back and die almost instantly from the pain induced chock, others wont have such a severe reaction and will instead be fine if they get treated in time, a seemingly minor difference on paper with quite the difference in results. > > People are like paper? No, people are different and that´s why one has to be careful. > > ------- > > Now in my opinion one shouldn't take the written words read online seriously, however because humans are as we are its necessary to try and keep ourselves from thinking that such behavior is harmless because at some point it might not be and then it´ll be too late to feel sorry about it. > > So we cant just ignore the ill mannered and the toxic, because if people realized that being polite or quiet even are both doable and at no cost at all our environments would be so much better with almost no effort at all. Its always made me question why some revert to that good ole',' "Everyone now adays are weak and inferior to XXXX." motif. Back then, people were looked down upon thinking outside the square that's given to them. It wasn't until the cultural revolutions happened after the 16-hundreds that humanity shot up in terms of technological prowess. These revolutions happened innately because of (lack of) basic human rights, including education which leads to giving a voice to lower-class intelligent people- otherwise who'd be deemed inferior for financial reasons. If we still lived in the middle-ages when it came to expressing our opinions(thus emotions), we wouldn't have discovered the steam turbine to the internal combustion engine as quick as we did. Do you think we'd be on our computers right now if we still did everything by horse? It's silly to think people haven't accepted the fact that it's 2019 or even past the 20th century. So many things have happened In the last 100 years that shaped our society today more than it has in the past 1000 years. It is a great and wonderful thing that we are able to express our thoughts with minimal disdain nowadays, we are evolving into a more capable species. We either follow suit or else get left behind in the dust of Darwinism. This is why I choose not to interact with those who question reality. The only sad truth is we don't need to prove something they must prove for themselves.
: It is the moderator's role to remove posts that do not meet our definition of "civil discussion." We're not going to stop doing it just because there isn't unanimous agreement about what "civil" means in this context. We do have guiding principles, and we ask each other when it's borderline. If you have a problem with a specific removal or a specific moderator, we encourage you to join our discord and ask to speak to someone about it. Vague statements pointing out that there may be disagreement about our methods isn't likely to change anything. It is inevitable that not everyone will agree on every part of the rules – nonetheless, we can't have a space like this without them. We're always willing to hear constructive feedback about the rules, even if that doesn't often result in a change.
I don't get why you're being downvoted. It should be blatantly obvious what constitutes a permitted forum post. To me it speaks of the poster's character: morals, critical thinking skills, general social skills(would you say this to a person in real life?), and restraint. I should know because sometimes I am **seething** with anger which makes me say things I regret. This is basic humanity, something it seems toxic folks forget to realize- you're talking to other people, not a reply bot. It's one thing to make a topic to vent. I think that is absolutely necessary and what forums are for. What is absolutely unacceptable is berating others in their own topic, not just disagreeing with them but also provoking a reaction. I totally disagree with those who love eating Olaf in lane as Teemo for instance, but I am not going to cut them down for it. Thus the same applies for every disagreement. Tl;dr: It is a forum requirement to be respectful (I've never read the rules, I'll be honest. It's just common sense to me.) to others. We're all humans with our own issues, great ideas, and strong opinions. If you don't like a topic/reply so much that it infuriates you; either don't post on it or post a thought-out and meaningful response to express your opinion otherwise. Humor works too if you like! :)
: ***
Stfu dude. It's people like you who set an awful example for League by pretending to be high and mighty over something you don't agree with or are confused over it yourself. There's literally no point in posting that garbage because it does not contribute to the topic nor are you respecting your fellow players. It's kind of like how this Ryze in my game was kept throwing "?" at Nunu because of conflicted ideology. Ryze poke and POKED at this Nunu until he lost it saying "so awesome /mute Ryze doesn't work I have to mute my team." then proceeded to run it down. Quit instigating shit and grow up. Edit: And before you try the classic turn-around rot that instigators love to use, I am contributing to a topic by relying to post that conflicted with the message. Have a great day
Yets4240 (NA)
: Mundo is a juggernaut though, a melee damage carry with bulk and lack of target access, mobility, and range.
Target access = mobility, range, and damage mitigation. He is very able to go Nimbus cloak or Predator for more direct mobility as movement speed- Deadmans does the same thing with item slot efficiency. His melee range basic attacks are a weakness unless he's able to hit his Q, which being honest isn't hard to do because it takes about .5 seconds for his knife to reach max range. His Q also has a short CDR with basically no resource requirements if he fulfils it's passive to hit/kill with it. These are his "weaknesses", all of which have held up pretty well considering how old he is. His strength is and always has been in damage mitigation, which includes healing because it mitigates damage already done. He becomes incredibly resilient to damage post-6 especially as he gains items (Spirit Visage/Deadmans/or Sunfire) depending on his needs. MY personal opinion is he is in a very good state right now. I am positive he's not OP because he suffers the same weaknesses as he always had. 80% of his power budget is invested in his ultimate and you can always tell when it's up or down because he will switch from passive to aggressive blatantly. Grievous wounds takes his 80% power budget and reduces it to 48% (40% of 80% is 32%), effectively making him a 68% champion. Always investing in GW first is your best bet against him, even if you are AP. Get bramble or executioners.
: BANS IN ARAM
It'd be nice if my team would atleast ban shit that makes sense like: Brand, Mundo, Veigar, Zoe, MF Instead of seeing Pyke ??? get banned on both teams, blitzcrank, random shit like Darius? Ok
: New client is lagging heavily in champion select
qss0 (EUW)
: WTF is wrong with this client lmao
Yet another issue regarding Riot's ~~bitminer~~ client. The Client will be totally idle then spike to 30%+ CPU useage for no apparent reason. Yet despite using most of my computers' internal resources, it still moves like frozen molasses while in champion select. It'd be GREAT if ARAM and ARURF had more than 60 seconds to mess around with your comp/runes/sums, but people will bitch about an extra 15 seconds. They optimize their client like they optimize the game. Around the top 1% of computers and players. Not everyone has a bloody i7 7000000 or Ryzen 9000 threadripper, nor SSD, nor is everyone OP at using Ryze and Azir.
: When Yasuo is behind his windwall, and knows you can't touch him
When Laughing Fish posts dank memes about Hasagi {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
zLvKNelly (EUW)
: Rare picture of Mr Riot, conceving new ways to torture the player base : https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/smurfs/images/e/ee/Gargamel_Comic_Book.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111101140813 TBF I think they're just a typical product of the web industry : profit-driven, with a victim-pandering mentality. They'd rather improve existing creations than take the risk to develop their own solutions, like an innovative match-making system. And ban people who don't conform, so you're left with people content with a "team game" where the only solution to win is to solo carry with an overpowered assassin... Claiming it was because "flamers are bad people"
{{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} Exactly. There is no doubt Riot is just the Scrooge's cashier now. Every since Tencent it's just fallen through the ground. That bloody company is worse than EA when it comes to pro-fit driven, player hating, low-risk flopping, loot boxing, capitalists. There is NO innovation anymore. Games are seen as a service, so with that mindset- A service doesn't need to be improved unless the clients do not use it. It's a downright shitshow with video games nowadays. Might as well move on to reallife or play older and less eye destroying games.
: Stop being lazy and fix your buggy ass client.
Or the fact that Even on low-spec, the client lags for 5+ seconds at a time and takes up an incredible amount of resources. It's almost like theyre… Dare I say, bitmining?
: For those who wonder or dont care about honor remember this. You have to be(if you play ranked) honor lvl 2 in order to get your ranked rewards. So if you whant those rewards you really gonna start care about honor and behavior if you whant the rewards.
I was honor 2 all of last year and Riot refused to give me my rewards. So I made this year my year to speak my fucking mind instead of giving In to this fake persona that "oh the game is just dandy" "look at me im against full ranged in aram losing 3 to 32! This is SOOO fun! GGWP!" All because of a piss poor chat ban from 10 months ago where I defended myself against a toxic trio who of course got the entirety of both teams on their side. So I don't give a rats ass INGAME. On the boards im more civil because these players and these moderators didn't do anything.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ahri Body Pillow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9BEWimfn,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-03-19T01:04:07.922+0000) > > Sorry, but Riot already acknowledged why this isnt a thing. That would encourage grinding, and Riot doesn't want it to be a grinding thing, just something that happens as you play honorably. > > Besides, it's scientifically proven that reward systems that don't alert you or let you know when you're going to be rewarded reinforce long term desired behavior.
Since you quoted yourself, I'd like some proof to this "psychologically proven" method. Preferably with references from the statist as well.
: Player: Hey dev can you add something to Aram? Dev: Whats Aram?
Devs: Here, more chances for YOU to get immobile melees while doubling the chance enemy gets Sona/Jinx/Brand/Maokai/Ziggs/Enter every other S tier champion seen in EVERY fucking match here*.
: > [{quoted}](name=Minarde,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mzoIJq5Z,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-17T08:59:02.685+0000) > > Riot [previously addressed](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-gb/2018/05/dev-aram-changes-incoming/) the lack of /remake in ARAM. Their concern was that /remake would encourage more people to ditch after seeing unfavorable team comps, whether leaving themselves or trying to convince someone else to leave. Essentially, "We can't have nice things because some people will abuse it." That makes sense to me, I think Leaverbuster should be more harsh for players who leave game modes that don't have /remake
Yeah because we LOVE LOVE LOVE playing an absolutely unwinnable, tilt fest for 15+ minutes against the cancer known as 3 IQ ARAM accounts that have nothing but ranged zone/aoe control and high CC when we're all melee. Yeap. Voted no
: Its never been true damage though.
Does it really matter that much? Nitpicking
Rioter Comments
: Can we get a more severe punishment for those dodging ARAM lobby?
I agree partially.. Dodging is always on my mind if our team gets a decent+ comp. Then if we get a shoddy and useless comp it's like nobody dodges ever so I have to. It's not that people just do it to ruin other players' fun, its that their fun takes priority- even if their team gets a good comp I've known people to dodge just because they cant suck it up and tank. The real agony is when you get shoddy comp for like 7 games straight. Dodging just twice feels so bad, but it's better than a 7 game losing streak because the enemy gets something with Caitlyn, Ziggs, Sona, Xerath, Maokai damn every time.
Jikker (NA)
: Interesting URF stats according to OP.GG
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hGanbcH1,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-03-13T20:34:04.430+0000) > > If it was truly all random with an equal chance for every champion, then you'd think you'd see even distributions across the game or somewhat close with no major discrepancies. Well, when I actually checked the stats for games playedI was surprised......not really.....to find that champions like Garen, Lux, Ezreal, Fizz, Viegar, and Zed all had around or over 70,000 games played in the last month while Skarner, Rek'Sai, Sejuani, and Zac only had about 7,000 - 9,000 games in the last month. Not surprisingly, I don't think I need to state that this shows a clear bias towards very strong URF champs and against not very strong champions. Aka, a meta of sorts. > > I totally get that these numbers are the way they are because of dodges and rerolls, but I think it's pretty good evidence to show that Riot claiming it's all random hasn't stopped a meta to form and you are going to be playing with or against the same champions frequently on average. ARURF hasn't fixed anything except occasionally forcing people to not play popular champions and have horribly one-sided games while removing the ability to ban out some anti-fun champions. > > Go ahead and check out the stats for yourself https://na.op.gg/statistics/champion/ > > The game appears to be anything but "random". You'll see the same thing for ARAM on a side note. Thank you for showing this, Jikker. This is a problem that has stemmed back when ARAM was released, and every "random" mode henceforth. For some reason it's just fine for main accounts to get the short end of the stick simply because they own much more champions. Meanwhile people with ARAM accounts flaunt their exploited "MMR" like it's some sort of... Accomplishment? The real accomplishments are achieved when one does great and ends up better than the average while playing at a constant disadvantage, whether they can "choose" is irrelevant. I know in my heart this will not change, ever. Riot has made that incredibly clear and it makes sense because they would feel inclined to add a ranked mode if they truly felt it was truly even on all sides- thus taking skill.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EE7NHLuc,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-13T11:15:32.422+0000) > > No, you're literally proving his point. > It's not that Rioters "fear" adversity and disagreement, it's that people like you can just be very negative about when you proclaim your opinion as the right one and seek recompense. > > What people like you usually want is not a discussion but a target to aim for when they're pointing fingers. If that's how you feel, there really isn't a point in sharing that opinion. Oh god please. Go to ANY other game. Singleplayer, MMORPG, shooter whatever how hard devs get shiton for failures. Then come back to league and realize that rioters get a pat on the back for 9/12 months from their homemade propaganda machine reddit and only a small vocal part of the community actually criticizes riot at all anymore. Riot has reached a point of god complex where the devs know better what the players want. Happens to any big game which leads to the games failure eventually. And the key difference now which upsets a lot of people is that riot doesn't talk WITH the community but comes down to speak TO the community. Like the king that comes down from his castle telling the peasants that they may be unhappy with the taxes opressing them but he has some numbers that show everything is alright, peasants can't read anyways so they wouldn't understand. It might feel like shit to be poor because he rips you off but in the end you could have just become a king (riven player). I mean what "discussion" does riot have had with us? Yeah u might think dynamicq is shit but we the people who don't play this dogshit game know that dynq is great so shutup. Ardent isn't overpowered you guys are just bad. *ardent dominates the entire worlds stage* Galio Q buffs aren't broken, you guys are just bad. *Galio Q buffs were actually hilariously broken oneshotting entire teams* Riven isn't overpowered here look she is only a problem in all servers except korea and low elo. So we don't nerf her. Should i go on? Usually a discussion requires two people ARGUING over stuff. Riot doesn't do that. So riot has to take full responsibility and yes will get fingers pointed at them for making a fool of themselves because of this god complex they have.
> [{quoted}](name=SuperTopLFBottom,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EE7NHLuc,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-13T16:22:28.914+0000) > > Oh god please. > Go to ANY other game. Singleplayer, MMORPG, shooter whatever how hard devs get shiton for failures. Then come back to league and realize that rioters get a pat on the back for 9/12 months from their homemade propaganda machine reddit and only a small vocal part of the community actually criticizes riot at all anymore. Riot has reached a point of god complex where the devs know better what the players want. Happens to any big game which leads to the games failure eventually. > > And the key difference now which upsets a lot of people is that riot doesn't talk WITH the community but comes down to speak TO the community. > Like the king that comes down from his castle telling the peasants that they may be unhappy with the taxes opressing them but he has some numbers that show everything is alright, peasants can't read anyways so they wouldn't understand. It might feel like shit to be poor because he rips you off but in the end you could have just become a king (riven player). > > I mean what "discussion" does riot have had with us? Yeah u might think dynamicq is shit but we the people who don't play this dogshit game know that dynq is great so shutup. Ardent isn't overpowered you guys are just bad. *ardent dominates the entire worlds stage* > Galio Q buffs aren't broken, you guys are just bad. *Galio Q buffs were actually hilariously broken oneshotting entire teams* > Riven isn't overpowered here look she is only a problem in all servers except korea and low elo. So we don't nerf her. > Should i go on? > > Usually a discussion requires two people ARGUING over stuff. Riot doesn't do that. So riot has to take full responsibility and yes will get fingers pointed at them for making a fool of themselves because of this god complex they have. This. We're Peasants that pay to plow their fields. The Lords don't want the Peasants telling them what THEY want to sow because it might be easier on their backs but it won't make as much money. Feudalism 101
: Original source is an SNL skit with Keenan Thompson as Steve Harvey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBov9YUvGss
: > [{quoted}](name=EmpressOracle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UumU8Bp4,comment-id=000500000001,timestamp=2019-03-12T15:47:32.255+0000) > > They think "western" is a race Race isn't even a Race. Scientifically Human Beings as a whole are one race (Sapiens), everything else is merely a social construct.
I wish that were true, but sadly our most common ancestors from Africa aren't taken into account. Instead we judge "race" by where our ancestors migrated once they developed 95% of what a Human Is today, after Africa.
: well, the problem is that the professional players do not play the same game. They have the best equipment money can buy, mandatory training sessions, insider info on all of their opponents, Strategies and counter-strategies that they spend MONTHS EVEN YEARS DEVELOPING AND PRACTICING and they frequently make use of champions that are designed and balanced around that they ** NEVER GET THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITIES PROS SET UP FOR THEM** then in addition to that, so many of Riot's changes that have been implemented have had the **OPPOSITE EFFECT OF WHAT WAS INTENDED FOR PROFESSIONAL PLAY** and only inconveniences players in the process (such as the extreme bounties, first tower, minion wave pushing instead of neutralizing, so you have to waveclear whichever minions are perceived to be on the "winning" team by riot's programming....
Amen. Balancing around pro-play is like developing scientific laws for Earth when the only way to test it is in a vacuum.
: considering one of the high level combos for riven features 2 ITEM ANIMATION CANCELS in the middle of a triple animation cancel three or four auto attacks... this is not really true her mechanical skill is insane, but then it all comes down to muscle memory and that's where things get "less" skilled because it's more about pre-meditated actions instead of reaction
Honestly it has more to do with ping (which is better in Korea) than mechanical skill. Most of her combos are impossible to do with ping over 70, but that isn't discrediting you because you are correct.
Áery (NA)
: That's a horrible analogy because a test is designed to test an individual about their intellectual intelligence on the said topic. Raw data on the other hand is facts, whether you believe it on or not. However you're missing the main point here which is in the past certain champions have been nerfed because of certain regions then NA should be no acception.
> [{quoted}](name=Áery,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UumU8Bp4,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-12T17:07:04.613+0000) > > That's a horrible analogy because a test is designed to test an individual about their intellectual intelligence on the said topic. > > Raw data on the other hand is facts, whether you believe it on or not. > > However you're missing the main point here which is in the past certain champions have been nerfed because of certain regions then NA should be no acception. What's bad is what he said is not true is proven in the Original Post. "Frustration over her current state seems to be an** especially western** phenomenon." Which means, "We aren't going to do anything about it despite her destroying matches in the West, BECAUSE it doesn't happen in the East." Like... Get real.
Rock MD (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Saianna,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UumU8Bp4,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-03-12T15:46:06.404+0000) > > _**--Removed--**_ Eh, I'd use boards as a springboard for a career. The players are overemotional, rash, and dramatic. It makes for quick and easy publicity.
> [{quoted}](name=Rock MD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UumU8Bp4,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-03-12T17:23:27.338+0000) > > Eh, I'd use boards as a springboard for a career. > > The players are overemotional, rash, and dramatic. It makes for quick and easy publicity. It's _ALLLLMOOOOST_ like we're human...! Which you can't say for reddit since it seems everyone is a carbon copy of one another (Nonchalant, Knows everything as long as it's reliably Googleable, Diamond+).
: They won't hire you off a boards post. I have no doubt they already have a team evaluating suggestions, just called something different, as well as a legal team to make sure there are no Intellectual Property conflicts.
> [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2GmaH0Qb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-04T05:57:18.564+0000) > > They won't hire you off a boards post. I have no doubt they already have a team evaluating suggestions, just called something different, as well as a legal team to make sure there are no Intellectual Property conflicts. And I don't expect them to. I do expect them to start listening to their community more instead of putting something that isn't square, into a box and calling it irrelevant baggage. Intellectual property isn't much of a concern when it comes to their own game. If someone wants to give a decent, well-thought out suggestion that is both logically correct and achievable with the demands of "spaghetti code" than at least have the decency to comment. Just a simple reply is enough payout to 99.99% of suggestions, as we(the "suggestioneers") have one thing in mind and that is improving the game we love dearly. And for the downvote, it was probably from August and his cronies *winkie deviant face- as expected, little retort.
CLG ear (NA)
: Alex Trebek, the host of Jeopardy, has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer
That strikes a chord man. I've watched Jeopardy since I could remember TV... Pray for him, regardless of your spirituality. He's a good man.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8YVr7YyR,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-03-02T19:04:32.482+0000) > > There is a difference. Yorick is actually getting pros picks and bans... for the first time ever. They can't have a boring champ like Yorick in pros they need flashy like Vayne or Riven but they aren't played. Plus Vayne has a skin to sell. :P That why they nerfed Urgot, cause pro play
But one could argue that Urgot does take skill... As long as he doesn't hard counter his lane opponent where all he needs to do Is faceroll. Still that's how 99% of hard counters work regardless
: > [{quoted}](name=SpiritOfOdysseus,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=QdGNO31K,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-02T11:40:44.960+0000) > > Well men, atleast they're not Vandals! I mean, the siege by the Vandals only happened 45 years later, but you're right, at least it wasn't the Vandals...
You'd think The Eternal City's inhabitants would've moved all their assets somewhere else... Like Constantinople
: Roman Soldiers to the Visigoths during the second Sacking of Rome, 410 A.C, colorized.
Well men, atleast they're not Vandals!
Show more

SpiritOfOdysseus

Level 134 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion