: Age of all champions
Vladimir was born sometime during the Darkin's dominion over Runeterra. He was trained in blood magic by his Darkin master, and then when the mortal revolt began, Vladimir absorbed the power and life-force of his Darkin lord. He has been around since before Mordekaiser's empire and has dabbled in Noxian affairs since the start. I'd estimate he's about 2000 years old, maybe 2500. Depends on how long ago the Darkin's binding occurred.
: Describe a Champion in one sentence to somebody who doesnt play LoL
{{champion:8}} He'll suck you off and give you AIDS
: Laughing Fish's 200,000 lifetime upvote spectacular! (Come and get your free skins!)
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/0pfj6EwEZNqPNnosQYteKkoamhc/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2015/12/09/315/n/1922283/ccac30f47514d100_tumblr_mx8yybkvAm1rynk4uo2_r1_500/i/When-You-Want-Make-Hilarious-Original-Joke-Your-Friends-Expense.gif Me when I receive a skin.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Spizzle9000,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cE1Rl8q1,comment-id=00090000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-30T22:04:44.791+0000) > > A. Okay the comic made this much cooler than words did so damn good job Riot although I hope Varus wins because Darkin are fantastic. > > B. Only a horrid parent would value their lover over their child. Obviously you need to strike a balance between caring for your child, your lover, yourself, etc. but the thing about your child is that it is not only a separate person to love but it is an extension of the love you and your lover share (or rather it is supposed to be because some families are not as lucky as others and have abusive parents or just horrid children). > > C. Noted. Thanks! The comic was definitely very pretty, I'll give it that. I think valuing one tragedy over another isn't a great set of priorities. I obviously don't mind that Val and Kai are lovers, but this seems to bother you because it was better if Varus' kid was murdered instead because you're a father. Are Kai and Val less sympathetic as a result for you, out of curiosity? Or would it have been sufficient if Varus' kid still existed, but he had a male lover instead? I'm simply trying to understand your preference here.
The latter would be perfectly fine with me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Azteryz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OmX5VE6K,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-11-30T21:27:01.465+0000) > > > examples of champions with lore that contradicts them being gay > {{champion:23}} > {{champion:498}} > {{champion:41}} > {{champion:122}} > {{champion:110}} > I didn't see any lore that specifically made them straight either. EDIT: Since no one seems to know how to read a thread before posting, being in a heterosexual relationship does not necessarily imply the participants are heterosexual. Bisexuality is a thing, but since I guess no one cares about it just keep those idiotic replies and downvotes coming.
> [{quoted}](name=redniwediS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OmX5VE6K,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-30T21:33:49.140+0000) > > I didn't see any lore that specifically made them straight either. Tryndamere - married to Ashe Xayah - Dating Rakan Gangplank - Used to be Illaoi's lover Darius - In his comic they discuss a woman he loved and possibly had a child with Varus - had a wife and children
: > [{quoted}](name=Spizzle9000,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cE1Rl8q1,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2017-11-30T21:35:16.831+0000) > > I'm not stating that LGBT+ people have less capacity to love. I am not claiming that it is wrong or evil. I am simply stating that a good parent will value the very flesh and blood of their partner and themselves above all else. How is that crude or controversial? What is it the generally accepted best way of tormenting a person beyond imagination? Kill their children. > > As for your idea of keeping the son in addition to the current lore, that would've been fine by me. And, as for your last comment, I said that specifically because I'm not homophobic, transphobic, etc. because some people might read it in a hurry and take it the wrong way. Apparently there's no way to win, or perhaps I just don't know how. Killing Varus' son in the old lore was but of one of many things that struck against him. It sounds ridiculous to say that it's more impactful to kill someone's child over their lover. Everyone will feel differently about that, clearly. My best suggestion to you in the future would be to not ever say "I'm not homophobic/transphobic/etc., BUT" in any argument. In most cases, it will certainly act against you.
A. Okay the comic made this much cooler than words did so damn good job Riot although I hope Varus wins because Darkin are fantastic. B. Only a horrid parent would value their lover over their child. Obviously you need to strike a balance between caring for your child, your lover, yourself, etc. but the thing about your child is that it is not only a separate person to love but it is an extension of the love you and your lover share (or rather it is supposed to be because some families are not as lucky as others and have abusive parents or just horrid children). C. Noted. Thanks!
: > [{quoted}](name=Spizzle9000,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cE1Rl8q1,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2017-11-30T21:21:45.752+0000) > > As a father, I honestly cannot say that there is anything in the world nearly as compelling as the love a father has for his son. Not even for his significant other, for his son is a hybrid of his beloved and himself, which in a way gives physical form to their love. I do not have anything against LGBT+ people, but the motives of Valmar and Kai seem less intense relative to the wrath of a father deprived of his son. As a woman in a queer relationship, I think it's crude to compare one love to another. I would have liked if they kept Varus' son involved in some way, be him adopted or from another relationship, but I think including a sentence like "Nothing against LGBT+ people, BUT" makes this sound more offensive than perhaps you intended.
I'm not stating that LGBT+ people have less capacity to love. I am not claiming that it is wrong or evil. I am simply stating that a good parent will value the very flesh and blood of their partner and themselves above all else. How is that crude or controversial? What is it the generally accepted best way of tormenting a person beyond imagination? Kill their children. As for your idea of keeping the son in addition to the current lore, that would've been fine by me. And, as for your last comment, I said that specifically because I'm not homophobic, transphobic, etc. because some people might read it in a hurry and take it the wrong way. Apparently there's no way to win, or perhaps I just don't know how.
: Going straight to gay is ok. Going gay to straight is not. Edit: This is not what I believe just mocking the current culture's rigid sexual beliefs.
> [{quoted}](name=RedPannda,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6c2t5YAY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-30T18:17:30.733+0000) > > Going straight to gay is ok. > > Going gay to straight is not. I wouldn't mind if pretty much any character were changed so that they were confirmed as being gay, but one of the two champions whose character is largely based off of vengeance for their dead children? That seems unnecessary. Speaking as a parent, **nothing** compares to the love a father has for his son, not even the love I have for my wife.
: Varus' new lore: The Good, the Bad, and What Could've Been
As a father, I honestly cannot say that there is anything in the world nearly as compelling as the love a father has for his son. Not even for his significant other, for his son is a hybrid of his beloved and himself, which in a way gives physical form to their love. I do not have anything against LGBT+ people, but the motives of Valmar and Kai seem less intense relative to the wrath of a father deprived of his son.
: [POLL] Do you prefer Varus' old lore, or new lore?
They removed pretty much everything that made Varus himself. What defined him was that he was a father but chose duty over his people and family. And, after seeing what the Noxians did to his people, he could think only of revenge for his family and he took up the corruption which he guarded. He sacrificed everything to guard the corruption, even the most important thing of all: his family. He was essentially a dead man walking who has made a deal with the devil so that he may avenge his kin. And, in order to take vengeance, he had to throw away all he had left: his duty and very life. It was only a matter of time before he would be totally consumed by the corruption. How easy would that be to rework? Instead of corruption, there is Varus trapped within his bow, and instead of a guy trying to save the man he loves using the power of the pit, you have a man taking the risk of freeing a Darkin so that revenge might be his. It's simple, barely changes his old lore, and doesn't fundamentally change Varus as a character.
Arduno (NA)
: You can learn Four Champion Styles
{{champion:238}} Being able to use my shadow to do stuff would be super lit. Plus, he's a ninja. {{champion:8}} Blood magic. Duh. {{champion:122}} Brutality, strength, and leadership. {{champion:82}} Metal.
: Anyone else miss Quinn's old ultimate
I don't believe we can talk about realism in a game with shadow ninjas, demons, sorcerers, etc.
: @CertainlyT, Mordekaiser's Juggernaut Rework in retrospect
My life suffocates Planting seeds of hate I’ve loved, turned to hate Trapped far beyond my fate I give, you take This life that I forsake Been cheated of my youth You turned this lie to truth Anger Misery You’ll suffer unto me Harvester of sorrow Language of the mad Harvester of sorrow Pure black, looking clear My work is done soon here Try getting back to me Get back which used to be Drink up Shoot in Let the beatings begin Distributor of pain Your loss becomes my gain Anger Misery You’ll suffer unto me Harvester of sorrow Language of the mad Harvester of sorrow All have said their prayers Invade their nightmares To see into my eyes You’ll find where murder lies Infanticide Harvester of sorrow Language of the mad Harvester of sorrow Language of the mad Harvester of sorrow
Bombardox (EUW)
: Let's play a game : Choose only 1 champion of each.
1. {{champion:266}} 2.{{champion:3}} 3.{{champion:75}} 4.{{champion:103}} 5.{{champion:121}}
: If you really were a folklore fan, you would know that the sexist myth of the woman who seduces men to kill them is an ancient trope that has not much to do with succubi, but is more of a general theme when it comes to a female monster or spirit. The sirens. The water sprites. The fox spirits. All folklores are filled with tales of hot babes who kill men because they are hot. And, like with all folklore, this tells a lot about society and our nature.
Nah the OP got it right here. Plenty of male monsters do that shit too. Moral of the story: don't be promiscuous and expect to have no negative consequences to your actions.
: {{champion:8}}
{{champion:19}} too (I swear if you choose any of the songs I'm thinking of I'll be so happy)
: Let's play a game: You name a champion and I(other people are free to help out) assign it a Song
: Don't take me seriously, I saw this in meme's&games lol.
Oh my Lord I forgot to change the thread location kms
: *COUGH* excuse me? you're getting the Two and a half Men bundle for a fantastic price of only 7800 IP! really, the price should actually be like 15600 since you're getting *almost* three champs in one. :D
While I appreciate this and find him to be an incredibly unique champion, I have 7100 IP right now and don't see the point in cranking out 700 more and overall using an extra 1500 IP to get a champion I can possibly get for significantly less very soon.
Rioter Comments
: Are there any champions you play purely because of their Lore?
I'd say {{champion:8}}, {{champion:266}}, {{champion:131}}, {{champion:157}}, {{champion:238}}, and {{champion:110}}. So yes, most of my usual champions are because of that.
: It is happening to me too i want to play the game for crying out loud
IKR I'm trying to farm up IP to get Illaoi can I please just play :(
Rioter Comments
: WE ARE THE WEREWOLVES OF ARMENIA!
Now all I can think of is the Armenian Genocide :'(
: Thoughts on Warwick's rework
SANCTUS LUPUS IN THE NAME OF GOD
: Who counters your main
{{champion:8}} Anyone with hard CC.
Ravore (NA)
: For some reason i thought the W is extremely perverted. Vlad could be in the pool and you could see little eyes when he's under female champs OR Vlad could be the period that female champs feel monthly
Yeah it's pretty damn nasty (and funny because he only gets picked that often because Riot nerfed him to the ground)
: Update (Overload) your Main!
{{champion:8}} Passive: His AP and health from his passive compound with his passive, thus giving him infinite health and AP. Q: Crimson Rush makes Vladimir break free from all CC and makes him immune to it for Crimson Rush's duration. Also, he can move through units while it is active. W: Vladimir's W does 100% extra damage against female champions. E: Tides of Blood can pass through units. R: Hemoplague causes all damage dealt to targets to deal true damage while the debuff is active. Also, the players of all champions affected by Hemoplague now have AIDs.
: Riot, I double dare you trying this
With puns like these, I think I'll have to **stick** around.
Wygol (EUW)
: Feels really good. At least Malicious Metal can rest assured that _eventually_ Mordekaiser will get his promised VGU and stop being shit tier. Vlad has no such guarantee.
Smdh why is it that all of my favorite champions are Riot's least favorite: Vladimir and Aatrox.
Wuks (NA)
: Share your 2016 Season in Review Highlights! (Megathread)
https://review2016.na.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/year-in-review/personal-stats Edit: does this thing include bot games or something cause tbh I don't remember getting 6 pentas or killing Annie this much.
Wygol (EUW)
: Being able to rush Rylais is a plus, but it still can't make up for how utterly shit his early game is. It's nicer than before sure, but sprinkling silver onto a turd means you've still got a turd, it's just sparkly. The AP and HP losses arent really too noticable, but you'll feel it if the game goes too long. I'm considering putting a Ludens in my build to make up for the lost AP, possibly even swapping out Rylais for it. Bear in mind, both pre and post Rylais nerfs, Vlad is basically gutter tier, in no small part due to the LCS abuse that a coordinated team and a Vlad-specialized composition can pull off.
Delightful. Gotta love having your main be literally gutted because 20 Koreans can abuse him.
Wygol (EUW)
: When you hit that Crimson Rush
Btw how do you think Vlad is doing after those Rylai nerfs?
Fasmodey (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=AcidTheWarlock,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=27JXbymo,comment-id=0000000200000001,timestamp=2016-12-02T20:19:01.646+0000) > > I can't honestly see it. > > TF looks like a man who no one likes despite his money and his looks, and Graves is more the kind of guy who scares the everliving shit out of everyone. > > I do, in fact, ship {{champion:51}} x {{champion:104}} tho. > > shotgun wedding > > > lmao Graves looks dead in the eye of TF, smiles and be happy for being together. Then says do, not, leave me, ever, again. TF also does the same and agrees. Before this, TF saves Graves for literally nothing. A miser guy traded money for a loser who tried kill him with his life, and did that in the most horrible way for himself, diving into deep water. That's something you wouldn't do for your brother lol. Also, splash art of new Graves skin has an innuendo and a photo of them together.
Are you damn crazy? I may not be that close to my brother and he's caused me a ton of grief in my life, but I would go to Hell and back for him.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Malicious Metal,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=27JXbymo,comment-id=0000000200000000,timestamp=2016-12-02T19:12:31.647+0000) > > Yeah, it's been hinted at^^ NO HINT NEEDED *a loyal shipper since Burning Tides* Seriously, everyone that is not blind can see how much gay Burning Tides was. There is no way for TF who is actually pretty miser, selfish guy to sacrifice his life for someone that tried to kill him. No way to dive into deep water (the biggest phobia of TF) with knowing he is gonna die and not survive. Even less chance than 0, If he is going to be rich af for not saving him. It is pretty clear TF cares Graves more than as a friend.
I'm not blind, and I'm quite confident it's about the bonds of brotherhood; it's a tale as old as time itself.
Sharjo (EUW)
: Well I guess Noxus and Piltover aren't all that uptight about who you dig. I thought it was a nice touch. It's subtle enough to be just a totally natural thing, not blown out of proportion or anything. I dig it.
The beauty of it is that they are both satisfying people who desire diversity in the game without irritating people who dislike it when they make a huge deal of it.
: It's late, so take this with a grain of salt.
I understand your reasoning behind this, but honestly a badass demonic son of a bitch really doesn't suit the support role imo. Maybe his story, but his visuals would be horrendous for it imo. Too edgy and fiery for it, whereas most supports are less downright evil-looking.
dominusx (EUNE)
: Can we litterally gut vayne.
I think she'd be a lot more fair if they removed the ability to crit from her Q.
: the movement speed on his Q isn't really noticeable. maybe a buff there and buffing the ap->hp and hp->ap ratios on his passive would make up for the lost stats.
I know, the slight burst is only good for getting that tiny gap closed to hit someone with it. Usually doesn't help much, though. I agree some buffs on his ratios would help, but it's more of the stickiness aspect which worries me. No way to secure kills this way.
: I mean as it stands it is getting nerfed to 20% for all sources which isnt much different then what I proposed. Plus {{champion:82}} is going to be hit much harder by the nerf then {{champion:8}} is currently
I suppose. But, with your suggestions Vladimir would be hit **really** hard. Mordekaiser would be better off with this, though. If Vlad's MS got increased by 10 or so it might be tolerable.
ybuR (NA)
: "Viktor would need buffs if rylais gets nerfed" -mage mains
Nope but {{champion:8}} would, that's for sure.
: For all the differences why not change it to be 15% for ranged abilities, and 35% for melee abilities, it would help keep melee AP like mordekaiser in a more relative state while preventing champs like Cassiopeia from abusing it. It would still give its niche picks and help the brand land his abilities without being overbearing
{{champion:8}} is already at a 46% winrate, so no thank you. He is most definitely a niche user of it and is quite dependent upon it considering he has 380 MS with boots and the slows on his E and W are unreliable.
Ultîma (NA)
: Imo, Rylais was never meant to be a high-AP item; making it a viable purchase for mages who like to stack burst was a mistake. 75 AP/400 HP with the new passive seems like a healthy compromise, but this just seems like it won't even be good on people who build this item as core. Liandries is going to give as much HP as Rylais now - that's just so, so wrong.
{{champion:8}} is already sitting at a 46% winrate, so I'd have to agree. They should honestly just revert the changes it received many, many patches ago.
Galibro (NA)
: Name the niche champions who use this, i'm pretty sure the only people who were using this are the ones who abused it.
Signed, Mordekaiser, Rumble, Vladimir, etc.
: I'm all for Rylai's going back to a niche item....
R.I.P. {{champion:8}} if the nerfs Riot has scheduled go through. He's already sitting at a 46% winrate. These changes will make him completely unviable unless they significantly buff his movement speed and increase his AP ratios considering that this item is core on him.
: Add bots to customs
Agreed! I always go to customs with bots for learning new champions or whatever.
: You know, Ranged top laners made me quit top lane Mordekaiser
I apologize for being a {{champion:8}} main and contributing to this madness. But, in my defense, I've played him pretty consistently for two and a half years so perhaps that makes me slightly less of a piece of shit?
: Ever Wonder How To Truly Get Upvotes?
What kind of woofers are those I must know.
: Who wants a season of marksmen being out of the meta?
Meh, I don't mind them where they belong: ADC, but, in the jungle and top lane? That's when it gets irritating.
Show more

Spizzle9000

Level 122 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion