: The issue is tanks need time to scale, the game is so early focused that they dont get that time, or get put behind so then it takes much longer. its and early game meta atm, scaling comps rarely work
that is very counterintuitive though. If a tank gets to late game, they just get shredded by the massive amounts of penetration and true damage there is in the game.
: So...Ezreal? Short range outside of Q, and no CC of any kind.
i mean sivir is short short though, i dont think people realize she only has 500 auto attack range. Compare that to Ezreal who not only has 550 auto attack range, but also a very low cd low mana cost q with 1k plus range, and an E gives him easy escape that practically has no cd once ez gets some cdr. Sivir has more weaknesses by far, but she has arguably a better late game due to her being a crit adc as well as a waveclear machine. Ezreal just has a much higher skill cap that many players can abuse to circumnavigate his bad early game and reach an absolute monstrous mid game.
: isn't Syndra a burst mage? her "control" (which is utility and crowd control or the ability to force a reposition) is very low, only able to stun a target she manages to hit with her E {{champion:9}} is a bit better example of a control mage because his best features are his crowd control (still has high damage though but I guess its' not burst since it's dps and his E ) of course, nothing is set in stone, {{champion:34}} is a control mage, burst mage and zoning mage all in one, but she compensates for that with a lot of weaknesses/counterplay
yes, she is a burst mage. Control mages are like anivia, orianna, lux (also can be considered artillery), taliyah, and viktor
shofaz (NA)
: Using Riot's Balance Framework on Viktor and Jhin
unfortunately, the reason that riot buffed Jhin, is more than likely because Jhin is an extremely popular champion. Even when the champ has moments of weakness, he still has a great play rate. This would be similar to if all of a sudden ahri's wr dipped to 46-47%. Riot would be quick to react bc there are so many people playing her, ergo her balance effects a larger amount of people than champs like Viktor, the same argument can be made for Jhin. They probably want to adjust viktor, but it'll take em a bit before they do so.
Akaash (NA)
: Yeah sure... if it were 10 minutes no problem. In mid to high Diamond though, it would be closer to an hour. Honestly, riot should go back to the original ranked system with no role selection where instead of being a whiny baby, you just had to learn to play other roles.
> [{quoted}](name=Akaash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cuEXIaQK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-15T08:44:09.767+0000) > > Yeah sure... if it were 10 minutes no problem. > > In mid to high Diamond though, it would be closer to an hour. > > > Honestly, riot should go back to the original ranked system with no role selection where instead of being a whiny baby, you just had to learn to play other roles. would it really though? Several players queue up as their primary role/fill in the first place. Plus, support and jg (the two least popular roles), are played a lot more in the higher elos than in the higher elos. The queue time would definitely be longer but I don't think it'd be as high as an hour. And personally, I think autofill is even more of a surefire loss in higher elos.
: You realize I a gold 2 player play norms with diamond friends a lot... should i not be able to play with diamond friends period or is this a complaint for ranked specifically?
> [{quoted}](name=Snowplosion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LzHAMMPh,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-07-14T04:55:35.345+0000) > > You realize I a gold 2 player play norms with diamond friends a lot... should i not be able to play with diamond friends period or is this a complaint for ranked specifically? ranked specifically.
Vacus (NA)
: Torchlight is a great game but I would rather pay the three dollars for it when it goes on sale on Steam than have to use the Epic launcher for it.
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z1eA7Oei,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-12T05:19:18.277+0000) > > Torchlight is a great game but I would rather pay the three dollars for it when it goes on sale on Steam than have to use the Epic launcher for it. i dont understand the reasoning behind this.
: > nothing about her really feels op Imagine if every single other mages with line CCs would actually not only stun, but slowly dragged you towards them while ALSO boosting their damage from their other abilities. Would be way too overpowered, right? Then why does an hypermobile AP ranged assassin with safe laning, sustain, huge waveclearing, huge and repetitive burst damage and sickenly low cooldowns with it wouldn't be considered OP? She was fine until Riot forced so much unstable mechanics on her kit solely because of (you've guessed it) raw popularity and the fact she wasn't top tier for some mere weeks.
i think you are highly overestimating ahri's waveclear and damage.
: Imagine the drama if she ever fell to an actual 50% winrate in any elo for longer than a patch! She would be unplayable! /s
But the problem with Ahri, is that nothing about her really feels op. She's just safe. And when I say safe, I don't mean she has a safe laning phase, which for the most part, it's not as safe as like zed/lb, but it is more safe than most other mages, I'm referring to the fact that you can pick ahri into anything mid lane and do fine. You pair that up with a relatively easy kit and you'll get a high win rate.
Kelg (NA)
: Ahri has 52-53% win rate all year, better buff her!
meh, Charm loses some of its catch potential in exchange for a little expression. I am fine with this.
: Ok so when are you actually gonna nerf Xerath?
I think his range and everything is fine. Yes it can be a problematic if you dont have any good backline access but it be like sometimes. The real issue is the hitbox on his abilities, namely his q.
: I don't understand why Kalista is considered toxic
if we have to be honest here, it's because vayne is not that good in pro-play, whereas kalista is a God.
Laura ß (NA)
: Yesterday I couldn't even see my match history THE OPTION WASNT EVEN THERE and I have to click the store twice because the first time it just stays on a black screen. The client is really bad and I don't know why a multimillion dollar company cant hire a decent programmer to make a neat and efficient client
> [{quoted}](name=Laura ß,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hxABLghE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-09T01:59:23.641+0000) > > Yesterday I couldn't even see my match history THE OPTION WASNT EVEN THERE and I have to click the store twice because the first time it just stays on a black screen. The client is really bad and I don't know why a multimillion dollar company cant hire a decent programmer to make a neat and efficient client multimillion? nah fam, multiBILLION.
Rioter Comments
: Popular Opinion: AD assassins are hella overtuned
Rioter Comments
: Teemo can rarely be a lane bully anymore.
i disagree. Teemo is a strong lane bully that scales really well. You beat morde hard, like you hard counter morde actually as long as you know how to properly space, riven is a problem post 6 but always has been, camille is definitely winnable as is the renek matchup if you time your q right. I've never played the aatrox matchup but i imagine that is more of a skill matchup. There are several master/grandmaster teemo one tricks so this shows that he is definitely a champ you can climb with.
: Just wait until blitz stacks into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!!!!!!!!!11!!!!
> [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EBOMOpaR,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-02T02:28:49.527+0000) > > Just wait until blitz stacks into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!!!!!!!!!11!!!! i approve this message.
Eedat (NA)
: Tarzaned is a high challenger (legit top 10) jungler that has more perma banned accounts than Tyler1. He's known for his extreme mood swings, extreme toxicity, and publically advertising his boosting services. He has a legitimate int list and frequently afks when he gets annoyed. He's a very talented player but has some serious mental issues going on that cause him to completely lose his shit over pretty much nothing. He's kinda like the RatIRL of NA
id say more like Dopa, who has consistently proven himself to be one of the best, if not the best, mids in korea; however, he will never be allowed to play competitively as he openly boosts.
: > [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MLLzgAuv,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-30T16:51:18.778+0000) > > the real question is > > how the hell did your support manage to get autofilled? Right?
that would be because support is no longer the least picked role. I believe it is now jg.
: If you're getting slammed for trying out a new character in Draft, and they ban your char. That's griefing, IMO. Beyond that, there's bot games.
its happened with morde and its happened with qiyana. It's extremely frustrating.
Rioter Comments
: I must not have been very clear, you get nothing on Q rank up besides 10 base damage per level up, the ratios don't go up nothing zip nada.
yeah i know what you mean, its just your main trading tool in lane is why im unsure what to max
: Q has no ratio increases from leveling it so its literally a one point wonder, max either W or E.
see, i dont think you should max q either, however, its your main waveclearand damaging tool, so im on the fence about what to max
: Heya Meddler can I ask if you guys whats early expectations for Qiyana
and when she'll be released
Sukishoo (NA)
: later today.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=At8s8v3O,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-28T13:48:18.360+0000) > > later today. it's later today. where is she
: > [{quoted}](name=SpongebobIsLife,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=At8s8v3O,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-28T13:25:33.531+0000) > > WHERE IS SHEEEEEE?! WHERES MY AVATAR! COME ON MAN Be patient. Sandy won't be coming out for quite a few patches.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=At8s8v3O,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-28T15:35:55.171+0000) > > Be patient. Sandy won't be coming out for quite a few patches. i sure hope its not a few patches lmao
Rioter Comments
: That isn't completely true, his champion spotlight said he is "a tanky distrupter suited for either a solo lane or support". He was released as a combo top/support champ. Champs that were forced into support by nerfs are situations closer to Nautilus and Zyra.
> [{quoted}](name=Paletongue,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EjFrjOEw,comment-id=000700010000,timestamp=2019-06-27T19:11:31.683+0000) > > That isn't completely true, his champion spotlight said he is "a tanky distrupter suiting for either a solo lane or support". He was released as a combo top/support champ. > > Champs that were forced into support by nerfs are situations closer to Nautilus and Zyra. still supports my point. He wasn't a support champion that just happened to be able to play top lane, he was designed for both. However, I am pretty sure that in discussing tahms design and stuff, the designers said they pictured him going top.
AIQ (NA)
: I'm just going to take a stab at this. The diversity you speak of is (Anyone can go anywhere.) Let me preface this by saying I'm down for all champions every so long as the cost is not overwhelming let me explain. {{champion:223}} Is insanely overloaded. I welcome him to top lane, but not in his current state. I don't think I need to go into detail why. While I'd like for all champions to go everywhere if the cost is having a {{champion:223}} of any sort. Then no get that champion out of there. I was fine with the mix up bot lane. It was refreshing not to go ADC every game, but what was the cost? ADCs were gutted. It was not more diverse {{champion:8}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:39}} and a few others became MANDATORY. So the cost was not worth it. Personally I still play Swain and Syndra bot lane to great success. {{champion:37}} {{champion:44}} and top {{champion:555}}. In Solo Q these were not nearly as much of a problem as any other champion listed so far. Sona and Taric I think were EXTREMELY healthy for bottom lane as they did not oppress ADCs, but still had viability. You sacrifice a lot to have Sona and Taric in later fights. This should not have been nerfed so hard. Pyke top should have never been gutted. Nerfing the sustain on W in exchange for some Arm/MR would have balanced this champion to be a viable solo laner and support. Imo. These are the types of champion I'd like to be a part of the "everyone can go everywhere" diversity. However, most people that ask for diversity mean full champion viability for everyone assigned to that lane. For instance, "all marksman can be played with an equal chance of winning pending counter match-ups." Not "Marksmen need to be allowed to be viable I'm all lanes and even as supports." So when a random support champion shows up top lane or an ADC shows up mid or jungle. This is generally coming at a cost to the diversity of the role as the champion most likely joined that new role because they are flat out OP like {{champion:223}}. Personally I have no issue with TK. I've beaten him almost every time I run into him post laning phase. HE's a strong bully, but not great out of lane. He has weaknesses that's why I believe that he should be love tapped a few patches and would be a great Top/Supp candidate. TLDR: Theirs a difference between Diversity "of all champions everywhere" and Diversity "all champions for a role are viable." What the cost is for a champion to enter a new role must not be oppressive, and then can be welcomed.
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EjFrjOEw,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-06-27T16:55:35.828+0000) > > I'm just going to take a stab at this. > > The diversity you speak of is (Anyone can go anywhere.) > Let me preface this by saying I'm down for all champions every so long as the cost is not overwhelming let me explain. > > {{champion:223}} Is insanely overloaded. I welcome him to top lane, but not in his current state. I don't think I need to go into detail why. While I'd like for all champions to go everywhere if the cost is having a {{champion:223}} of any sort. Then no get that champion out of there. > > I was fine with the mix up bot lane. It was refreshing not to go ADC every game, but what was the cost? ADCs were gutted. It was not more diverse {{champion:8}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:39}} and a few others became MANDATORY. So the cost was not worth it. Personally I still play Swain and Syndra bot lane to great success. > > {{champion:37}} {{champion:44}} and top {{champion:555}}. In Solo Q these were not nearly as much of a problem as any other champion listed so far. Sona and Taric I think were EXTREMELY healthy for bottom lane as they did not oppress ADCs, but still had viability. You sacrifice a lot to have Sona and Taric in later fights. This should not have been nerfed so hard. Pyke top should have never been gutted. Nerfing the sustain on W in exchange for some Arm/MR would have balanced this champion to be a viable solo laner and support. Imo. > These are the types of champion I'd like to be a part of the "everyone can go everywhere" diversity. > > However, most people that ask for diversity mean full champion viability for everyone assigned to that lane. For instance, "all marksman can be played with an equal chance of winning pending counter match-ups." Not "Marksmen need to be allowed to be viable I'm all lanes and even as supports." > > So when a random support champion shows up top lane or an ADC shows up mid or jungle. This is generally coming at a cost to the diversity of the role as the champion most likely joined that new role because they are flat out OP like {{champion:223}}. > > Personally I have no issue with TK. I've beaten him almost every time I run into him post laning phase. HE's a strong bully, but not great out of lane. He has weaknesses that's why I believe that he should be love tapped a few patches and would be a great Top/Supp candidate. > > TLDR: Theirs a difference between > Diversity "of all champions everywhere" and > Diversity "all champions for a role are viable." > What the cost is for a champion to enter a new role must not be oppressive, and then can be welcomed. while i do agree with your points, it is important to note that tahm kench was first and foremost a top laner. That's the lane he was initially designed around and played in; however, after nerfs and changes to his kit, he ended up being a support until recently when they buffed his q and e.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=h7b01gAg,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T05:42:29.194+0000) > > except you don't lose control of your character in any way when mordekaiser uses his ult on you, for all intents of purpose with riots war on ''clarity'' there is absolutely 0 clarity to a 0 CC ability like morde his ult to be removed by QSS Except that you do lose control of your character because you have limited area where you can move your character. His ult literally does nothing other than bind you to a certain zone where you can't leave.
> [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=h7b01gAg,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T05:55:08.261+0000) > > Except that you do lose control of your character because you have limited area where you can move your character. > > His ult literally does nothing other than bind you to a certain zone where you can't leave. soooo, by your logic, you should be able to cleanse camille ult?
: ChaseShaco gets DDoSed for exposing wintraders
I hate to beat a deadbeat horse, but this is why nb3 got so fed up. Imagining having to deal with players like this on a daily basis? Imagine if riot DIDNT listen to the streamer here.
: > [{quoted}](name=SpongebobIsLife,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=rM6TE1Ts,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-23T21:08:45.985+0000) > > his passive is still basically there btw, just putting it out there It has a different function so it's not there in essence
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=rM6TE1Ts,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-06-23T22:24:34.088+0000) > > It has a different function so it's not there in essence it's still practically there. Imo, this is probably the second best rework since ww. Morde plays a lot like pre jugg update morde, and i love it.
Kelg (NA)
: As a 1.2 million mastery Morde main, there is only one thing the rework needs to be perfect
his passive is still basically there btw, just putting it out there
Vaati006 (NA)
: When did Veigar lose his passive breakdown?
: Long story short, this champion exists. So it likely won't happen, sorry. {{champion:29}} May be a marksman by definition, but his entire playstyle now IS an assassin. -See; Twitch jungle for the last three seasons. Invisible, uncounterable ganks, _Literal_ poison, and assassination burst damage early.
> [{quoted}](name=LatetotheRace,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FkvIzQau,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-21T15:02:59.452+0000) > > Long story short, this champion exists. So it likely won't happen, sorry. > > {{champion:29}} May be a marksman by definition, but his entire playstyle now IS an assassin. -See; Twitch jungle for the last three seasons. > Invisible, uncounterable ganks, _Literal_ poison, and assassination burst damage early. twitch does not fulfill that fantasy though.
: Probably because "poison assassin" would need grossly overtuned numbers to feel remotely satisfying, especially when you consider the point of an assassin is to quickly kill a priority target and the point of poison is DoT.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FkvIzQau,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-21T15:02:03.889+0000) > > Probably because "poison assassin" would need grossly overtuned numbers to feel remotely satisfying, especially when you consider the point of an assassin is to quickly kill a priority target and the point of poison is DoT. not necessarily , I could see ways they go about it.
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/143o5ELA-concept-champion-kay-the-poison-claw?show=flat Poison claw perhaps?
> [{quoted}](name=1Mathemagician0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FkvIzQau,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-21T14:56:13.561+0000) > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/143o5ELA-concept-champion-kay-the-poison-claw?show=flat > > Poison claw perhaps? interesting, I didn't see this as champion and concepts generally does not get seen from my experience. This is kind of what i had in mind.
SEKAI (OCE)
: {{champion:29}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:110}}
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FkvIzQau,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-21T14:49:43.794+0000) > > {{champion:29}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:110}} varus is not a poison based champion, teemo isn't an assassin, and twitch doesn't fill that fantasy.
Rioter Comments
: "Yasuo, what does the Scouter say about that Poro's log in position?"
This is possibly the best thing i've seen on the boards site.
Lan Fan (EUW)
: If Nubrac deserves to get banned it means...
it's more that their system doesnt pick it up. I just played with it today, if you just look at the score, it doesn't seem that he is trolling; however, it results a very unsavory experience for mid lane, bot lane, and top lane. Bot is forced to solo, mid loses out on tons of exp as does top. Eventually bot just falls and then they rotate top. The only positive with this is that you deny the enemy mid cs for a bit, but it is TOTALLY not worth, and creates a very unfun experience for everyone in the game.
: seriously dude that champion is disgusting mid top sup he does the same shit land one hook unavoidable cancerous combo that can result in one shotting hes zed with hard cc this champ is so annoying lol don't give him a solo lane
not even close. His solo kill pressure is not nearly as high high zed, nor is waveclear. If pyke is solo killing you, he must be extremely fed.
: what's fun about pyke to lane against convince me he's a fun champion to have around laning solo
i'll counter that w/ , what is so bad about laning against pyke?
: Yeah. Because they never want supports out of their lane. They're almost always megacancer if they can exist out of their role, especially since they're balanced around support gold, not around solo laner gold. Supports and junglers *need* to stay supports and junglers. If they manage to *not* be those then they end up being obnoxious as fuck.
i dont think pyke is as bad as other supports. Other supports, like janna, lulu, raka, usually do not allow for the opponent to do anything in lane. Pyke is not like that all. There is literally no reason to him this hard besides just not wanting him to lane. They really should just hit his passive sustain for crying out loud.
: > [{quoted}](name=SpongebobIsLife,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wZIEw0vK,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-06-17T02:04:29.362+0000) > > yep, i had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I was in promos to plat 3, and my top (i think), afkd. I was playing brand mid and was absolutely wrecking mid. Usually i'd be tilted af, but me and my team were so chill...that game, i got my first penta kill on brand, a champ ive played since s3. I went like 22-2 and hard carried the game. First 4v5 game i won since like season 4 or 5 (I think). That's sick. [This](https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3059770994/206152687?tab=overview) is the game you mean, it was your Jax top indeed and you weren't exaggerating one bit. Congrats = )
oh wow you actually you found it haha. And yeah that's right, jax rq after dying twice in a row. And thanks :D{{sticker:sg-kiko}}
: I had one of the best games of my life last night [Master Elo]
yep, i had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I was in promos to plat 3, and my top (i think), afkd. I was playing brand mid and was absolutely wrecking mid. Usually i'd be tilted af, but me and my team were so chill...that game, i got my first penta kill on brand, a champ ive played since s3. I went like 22-2 and hard carried the game. First 4v5 game i won since like season 4 or 5 (I think).
Rioter Comments
: Morde sitting at 70% ban rate, 13% pick rate, and 56% WR even with 0 expereince on him
Here's what i think is gonna happen. I think he is fine number wise, but his ult is too strong as you can just walk up to someone and exclude them from the game for 7s. So, more than likely, Riot will make it that in order to use your ult, you have to have damaged your target first. Do that, and i do not think morde is as big an issue.
: I have legit not seen Morde lose a single game. Of course you love playing him
i mean i went like 5-12 my first time playing him if that says anything lol
Show more

SpongebobIsLife

Level 294 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion