: Out of the champions you put here, the ones I almost always ban are: {{champion:114}} {{champion:555}} also I tend to permaban {{champion:54}} Malphite literally one shots back lines if he goes full ap with almost zero counterplay and a 60 second or lower cooldown on his ult at lvl 3. Thats stupid broken. To address your other choices. Trynd's ult is not the annoying thing for me personally. It is the built-in crit chance. He gets one or two lucky crits in lane and your done, zoned out automatically. Also he should not be able to activate his ultimate when cc'ed. Pyke's ultimate needs a nerf as well as his ability to heal when not seen. I don't care bout the rest of his kit too much. Yuumi is just a nuisance. Her ability to make you waste abilities because she can jump onto someone is unfair. Kaisa is a champ that requires a huge lead I feel. If she doesn't get at least a few kills in lane or mid game she kinda falls to the side. Yasuo's issue is his dashing and windwall. An ability that lasts 4 seconds and blocks all projectiles. How bout no. Qiyana I don't have much of an opinion on because I don't see her anymore at all in platinum games. Kalista needs a rework desperately. She was broken to all hell on release, and has disappeared since then. But when you do get paired against a kalista who gets even 2 kills in lane, she literally becomes unstoppable. Tahm Kench needs his stacks to be reset when he uses either his consume ability or his stun. He should not be able to stun you indefinitely. Zoe isn't scary to me either personally. The majority of zoe's I see are either so bad that they int 16 kills in lane, or they pop off and almost solo carry. Ezreal needs his q to be fixed. Breaking items constantly is stupid. They literally had to make it so he could not buy both manamune and seraphs embrace because he was too strong. But they need to reimplement a thing where you have to commit to one line of dmg items. Either you go ap or you go ad. Not both. Hybrid damage makes the game unbelievably difficult and offers almost no counterplay. Akali needs her kit changed. Fiora needs the dash removed from her q or whatever and should not be allowed to use it on towers. Also her ult alone needs a rework. Shit heals for far too much. Irelia needs her q changed and her stun reworked. Poppy is okay for the most part. They need to fix the stun hit detection though. Eve needs her charm fixed. Ryze needs a stable rework. I liked him when his ultimate just made his other abilities stronger and lower cooldowns. He doesn't need to teleport short distances. Fiddle definitely needs a rework. The point click fear plus silence and drain is stupidly strong in lane. Ashe is meh also in my opinion. Definitely not strong enough to solo carry.
I don't think Malphite is a failure of design so much as overtuned scalings. His ult shouldn't deal that much damage and in fact AP Malphite shouldn't even be a thing, he isn't designed to deal damage, so the fact that he can means its a failure of scaling. If he couldn't do damage he wouldn't even be on anyones radar except as a niche pick. Yea the horrible design of Tryndamere lies in his Crit mechanic. Similar to Yasuo, there is no way to balance it and it should just be removed so the kit can be fleshed out. Pyke's abilities on their own are strong, but not overbearing (with the exception of his ult which is a ridiculous ability on its own). Its how they come together that make Pyke so dominant. They work so well together they offer little counterplay and make him the best at going in and escaping. I don't see how they can balance him without a total rework. Even if they removed his healing, he is still a top tier champion. Yasuo is just a horribly designed champion. Goes 0/20 in lane? No problem 3 item power spike he can now 1v9 and there isn't much you can do about it. Irelia suffers from Old Fiora feast or famine syndrome. She is either useless or 1v9, no in between for her. If she gets the slightest of leads, she is diving your back line under turrets and insta-killing them. Poppy deals too much damage for how unkillable she is, and you can't escape her without flashing. She has a bunch of CC on top of her tankiness and she can 100-0 a lot of squishy champions. Its absolutely no fun laning against her unless you are in a favorable match-up, she shuts down so many champions. Her kit just allows her to stay in a fight and dish out a ton of damage and its ridiculous. Zac is very similar, he always does top 3 most damage in the game and is one of the hardest champs to kill on top of having a shit ton of CC. I think he can be fixed with some adjustments to his scaling though. Eve's ultimate deals way too much damage though and her mobility is pretty insane on a perma-stealthed champ.
: Nerf Garen R
You want post some proof of this? This game isn't in your match history so I am guessing its on an alternate account. Helps to understand how it happened if we can see it happen.
: Preseason 2020 Gameplay: Rise of the Elements
New dragon buffs are pretty cool, I like it. Dragon Souls are not cool and I don't like them. Im calling it now, they are going to be OP the entire season or you are going to end up removing them. Elder Dragon buff is a free win mechanic to end games faster, nothing fair about it. Lane changes are cool I like them, adds some variance to the lanes. Support changes I actually like, I hate Coin so good riddance. XP changes are going to make early junglers better, Mid roams will be even more impactful than they already are, and bot lane will be even more of a useless fiesta. Lethality is a cancer mechanic, you should really rework it. Edge of Night is a stupid item, it removes counterplay from assassins and makes it so you can't peel them. Now you are removing the only skill aspect of it? Sanguine blade is going to make Jax and Tryndamere even worse, please do not release that item without nerfing them. Good bye Spear of Shojin! You will not be missed. Klepto needs to be reworked if you want it to be viable without being OP. EDIT: We complained about too much damage all season, and here you are adding more and more and more of it. You are turning the game boring. Now either no one is going to do anything out of fear of insta-dying or losing a dragon soul, or one team is just going to walk through the map to the other nexus with no way to stop them. Riot less damage = more strategy. More damage = doing nothing out of fear of dying and losing control on the map
JRobin31 (NA)
: RITO: Garen is being played at Worlds. Success! Players: ... {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
The Garen being played at Worlds isnt even the current Garen... its before this latest change. So I doubt Riot is celebrating their "rework" of him being in Worlds because they would know that.
: Revert Garen
Old Garen was weak outside of bronze-silver elo. Actually not just weak, he was totally useless, most people know what spacing is and that pretty much negated anything Old Garen could do. The Villain mechanic was the worst thing they did to him and it caused him to be incredibly overpowered and then incredibly useless again because he needed to be nerfed. This Garen is nothing, yea he needs some fine tuning (lower early E damage and his Ult does too much true damage), but other than that he isn't even a problem. He gets countered by a bunch of meta top laners and is super susceptible to ganks, if he can't leave laning phase with a lead he is useless for the rest of the game. Learn spacing, learn how to kite, learn how to play against him, DONT STAND IN HIS E AND TRY TO TRADE WITH HIM. He is simple which makes him strong, but it also makes his counterplay simple and easy. There is a reason why majority of the complaining about Garen is coming from Low Elo players, they don't know how to lane or trade or kite or how to control a wave. Yea he has above 50% winrate in Plat and above, buts its falling pretty consistently and he hard counters certain champions and is fairly new still.
Nithke (EUW)
: Who is the worst designed champion in the game ?
{{champion:555}} - worst designed in the game IMO. No way to balance him with either gutting him or totally reworking him. {{champion:350}} - sort of the same as Pyke, but not as severe. {{champion:145}} - what even is this champ... she can do everything. {{champion:157}} - The OG cancer kit design. {{champion:246}} - Does anyone know what this champion can do? I look up her kit and then in game I am constantly baffled at what she is doing. {{champion:429}} - So horribly designed Riot had to nerf her out of existence because they have no clue how to balance her. In need of a complete rework. {{champion:223}} - Always getting gutted, still a dominate champion in pro-play. His kit is toxic. {{champion:23}} - ...nothing needs to be said here. {{champion:142}} - nothing fun about her, her kit allows for almost no counterplay, she just has to mess up. {{champion:81}} - He has broken more items than any other champion, he abuses everything from items to keystone runes. Just rework him or something... stop bending the game around him because he breaks everything. {{champion:84}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:13}} - I think these reworks are total failures, they are too hard to balance and fall into the either overpowered or useless category. I mean Ryze has had the most reworks in the game because they can't figure out his identity. {{champion:9}} - Im glad he is getting a rework. His kit is stupid, point click Fear, long range bouncing silence, blinking massive DoT. Again... thank god he is getting reworked, but seeing their track record for reworks I am a bit worried he will still be on the list. {{champion:22}} - I don't think she is the worst designed, but I think she deserves a mention. When Ashe is strong she is overwhelmingly strong, when she is weak she is just a CC bot. I think she could use another rework. Bonus: Items I think are horribly designed - {{item:2420}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3814}} {{item:3161}} {{item:3095}} {{item:3056}}
8Belthazor8 (EUNE)
: I'd trade a Garen nerf for a Jax nerf anytime
{{champion:122}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:39}} people complaining about Garen when these abominations are running around Top lane... Riven and Irelia are the only ones on that list that Garen can actually easily deal with. Jax and Kayle put a timer on the game, once they hit their powerspike the lane is over they win. Its up to your team to end the game before then or they 1v9. Garen needs minor nerfs, those champions need to be gutted.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5tszqyVd,comment-id=000200010001,timestamp=2019-10-14T19:15:07.081+0000) > > Running at 700 MS for 2 seconds vs having a blink or dash. One of those is better than the other and doesn't require items and is on a smaller CD. There's solid movement speed even without everything being up. Building only half these mobility items, I can achieve >550 constant or near-constant movement speed on several champions that aren't Janna (Nidalee, Qiyana, Nami...) and that's quite a lot of speed.
That isn't turning an immobile champ into a mobile champ though. Movement Speed is one of the weakest forms of Mobility, and you have to rely on items to obtain high enough MS for it to actually make a considerable difference. Even then, mobile champions can also build these items (you named 2) which further widens the gap between immobile and mobile champions. Movement speed has its uses but it doesn't threaten Mobile champions until it reaches speeds like Hecarim and Rammus can reach, even then hard CC counters MS where Blinks, Jumps/Dashes, and teleports can be used to negate or weaken hard CC.
: > [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5tszqyVd,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-14T01:13:25.131+0000) > > if your mobility is item gated then your champion isn't mobile. The point trying to be made here is that any champion can effectively become "mobile", and thus that the items need to be retuned. If you can completely negate the one glaring weakness your champion has through items, thereby making him impossible to counterplay without hard CC, something is wrong.
Running at 700 MS for 2 seconds vs having a blink or dash. One of those is better than the other and doesn't require items and is on a smaller CD.
Kabraxis (NA)
: No you really didn't. You took a few minutes to say what was on your mind without thinking anything through.
No you just made an incorrect assumption about what I said because you didn't think beyond "JUDGE SOLO IN TEAM GAME?!??! NOOOOOO!!!!". If you took more than a couple seconds to just think it through, it isn't very complicated or far-fetched. You take an individuals personal performance, see that they are doing way better than everyone else in their ELO in every game and say "hmm this person is way better than everyone in every game regardless of winning or losing, maybe they are a smurf I am going to rank them up faster and see if they continue to perform at this level" then after a few games "ok they are indeed a smurf time to jump them up in rank much faster than normal" and it will continue doing that until it they are at the elo they belong. It would do the opposite for people who are too high ranked, like they are performing worse than everyone else consistently so they need to be dropped faster than normal. This system would be separate from the normal ranking system which is based on Winning and Losing. This one is based on individual performance and has no effect on LP unless it determines someone as a Smurf or someone who needs to be lower ranked. Obviously this is a serious over-simplification to help get my point across, hopefully i didn't use too many words for you.
Kabraxis (NA)
: Judge you solo...in a TEAM game...unless you mean taking their tier/ranking system with S+ to whatever- and even then that would be a horrible system too. There's almost nothing that can be done about smurf accounts.
i literally just described a way...
Saezio (EUNE)
: Yeah being able to instaproc conq didn't change him much. Play him 10 games with anothe keystone then 10 games with conq and see what changed.
He is stronger in lane now and his build is different, but his playstyle and teamfight is the same. He is more likely to win lane now which is nice since he has a longer list of bad match-ups than good ones.
: Garen is too OverPowered
What? This is ridiculous, Garen didn't change enough to make him OP. He still has the same weaknesses the only difference now is his laning phase. The only reason he saw a sudden spike in winrate is because his laning phase and match-ups changed, but he is falling back down because its a minor change. They basically went from E doing basically nothing to E being his main source of damage again like it used to be. He still builds roughly the same build but now he has access to more damage items instead of being forced into the same juggernaut build. You all complain about Garen being slightly stronger, but Darius is way worse if you don't take him out first he can win a teamfight by himself. Garen can't do that, not unless he is very ahead. Pick a champion that can out sustain him, I know for a fact Mordekaiser can outsustain his E damage with Passive + W and deals more damage than him. Fiora seems like a bad match up for him still, Irelia and Jax don't seem very fun to fight late game. Any ranged champion still shits on him. His match-up with Darius changes now that his R is true damage and he is back to sustained damage, I haven't done this match up yet though. Aatrox if he can land the Q consistently wins this match up. Teemo is always a thorn in Garen's side, depends on how good the Teemo is though. Kayle... hate this match up personally. Garen is still simple and easy to deal with, easy to gank, easy to kite, easy to CC.
: People in free nations are entitled to their own opinion. They are NOT, however, entitled to any form of "social protection" from the alternate opinions of others. In other words, remove the phrase "Just my opinion" from your life, because we ALL have opinions not just you. Expecting to give your own opinion with zero risk of fallout from others who have the exact same inalienable right is absurd.
First the downvote and upvote aren't for liking or disliking an opinion, they are for correct/relevant or incorrect/irrelevant comments. Second people are changing the subject and using that to disagree with me. I don't care if people disagree with me but don't say im wrong because the client is buggy and doesn't work... Thats not what I was talking about, that isn't even what the original post was about. I was talking about the appearance, because thats what the original post was about.... So why are people commenting how its buggy or how Riot has lost its grasp on what the playerbase wants and shit totally unrelated to my opinion on its appearance. Just say "i think the white is too plain so I disagree" don't bring unrelated shit into it and then tell me how wrong and out of touch i am.
: You see how you're getting YOUR personal preference but the MAJORITY of us hate it? Yeah, that's the problem. Stop being blinded by the fact that YOU aren't affected. Obviously the development team agrees with you. That's why you're getting so much heat in the comments right now, because they have no idea what the majority of us want and are completely oblivious to this fact. EXACTLY like you. You are a great example of the kind of people who are developing this game right now.
Dude you clearly don't understand how opinions work. Just because more people dislike something, that doesn't make the people who liked it wrong. Also I'd like some data proving that majority of people dislike it, the boards hate anything that is different but they don't represent the majority of players. I'm not affected at all wtf are you talking about? I don't care about the client in the slightest. It doesn't work for you? Well the other client barely worked as well, and guess what? When they switched from the first client to the second client they had almost the same exact issues. So why are you surprised the third client is also not working? Maybe try waiting for them to fix it before you start the bitching. If you don't like the client, thats fine its your opinion, but don't sit there and judge me for my opinion just because its different. Again back up the majority claim with proof and sources or stop saying it.
: This is fair but is off topic. That's not what this post is about nor the original reply from Stephenizgod. The client itself is buggy, it always has been, new bugs appear on it all the time and never really get solved. However we are discussing the design and art assets for the new login screen which is a separate issue.
Yea im surprised that people took my comment and started arguing with me about how its performing. The original post is about its appearance, so thats what I commented on. Yea its buggy and shit, but so was the "old" client the first time they switched lol its nothing new. It will be dealt with soon, its only been a few days.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jqpTRFYi,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-10-10T19:30:39.691+0000) > > I actually like it tbh, its simple and white and could use some color but i think it looks clean and i like clean. Just my opinion though. _Why are you booing me i'm right_ But fr don't downvote for an opinion, i like it too fam
at the end of the day its just the client, has 0 impact on gameplay and thats all i care about. I know its super buggy right now, but when they switched the Client the first time it was buggy for a long time and they never fully fixed it. I am not surprised they are running into the same problem again, its Riot after all. I liked all the clients appearances in different ways personally, but it was never important to me.
: The house builder left out the fact that they used sub par materials and cut corners on the modern minimalist house and while its looks nice now will literally fall apart after even a bit of normal usage.
Well the Old Client was broken as fuck too so your metaphor still doesn't work here. Their solution was to make a new one instead of fix the old one, honestly it doesn't matter to me too much. League is about the game, not the client and appearance, i don't give two shits about what the client looks like I want them to fix the god damn balance and matchmaking. Not sure why my opinion purely on its appearance caused so much controversy but again it doesn't really matter to me.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-10-10T22:28:45.455+0000) > > Isn't "black-face" only when portraying another race? No, it's when you are portraying black people specifically in a negative light by doing a caricature that it supposed to be showcasing old school racist like themes for them, ie big lips, bulging eyes, stupidity. The fact that if you literally can't tell that she is a chick when she is in a full on cosplay showcasing that she isn't doing it to be racist, she is doing it to cosplay Pyke and outrage SJW culture of mostly white people likely getting offended who look to get upset at things are getting pissy.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-10-10T22:35:13.248+0000) > > No, it's when you are portraying black people specifically in a negative light by doing a caricature that it supposed to be showcasing old school racist like themes for them, ie big lips, bulging eyes, stupidity. > > The fact that if you literally can't tell that she is a chick when she is in a full on cosplay showcasing that she isn't doing it to be racist, she is doing it to cosplay Pyke and outrage SJW culture of mostly white people likely getting offended who look to get upset at things are getting pissy. Well its not specifically black people anymore, but that was my point just wasn't sure how to word it without people misunderstanding my position. I don't understand how anyone could be mad at a cosplayer unless it was intentionally offensive, which it obviously wasn't. As a white person, those kind of white people annoy the fuck out of me. You aren't "woke" you are just an asshole, you don't need to be outraged for other people...
Thilmer (EUW)
: Ridiculous racial controversy gets former cosplay champion banned.
Isn't "black-face" only when portraying another race? Portraying a character in a fantasy game wouldn't fall under that, not unless their race is tied with their character. As far as I am aware Pyke doesn't associate as any race and is just a dead asshole. EDIT: Why am I getting downvoted? Cosplaying doesn't fall under "black-face" unless you are intentionally being offensive. And from what I can tell her Cosplay isn't offensive at all.
: Sure a modern minimalist house might look super nice but there is a reason most still go for rustic style buildings when offered, its charming and unique.
its called personal preference. There is nothing wrong with either one and neither is better than the other. Its all subjective, some like the new modern look and others prefer the older familiar look.
Akrid415 (NA)
: Can anything be done about smurfing?
Personally I don't mind smurfing, but I acknowledge its ruining Ranked for lower ELO's. My games are ruined more by people who are ranked too high for their skill level. Thats my problem with the Ranked system, people getting carried to higher ranks. When I see that my marksmen has a terrible winrate, I pick a carry champ like Brand and carry their ass to victory. While I am happy I won, I am also irritated that the person I just carried also won because now they are going to go ruin someone elses game. Those people don't demote fast enough and get carried in majority of their victories. Thats my issue, get those people the fuck out of my games so victory is based on who is better not who has the worse teammate. If I lose to a Smurf its because they were better than me, no ones fault but my own. If I was better, they wouldn't be able to shit on me so hard. Still I do think something needs to be done about how many Smurf accounts there are, there really does need to be a system in place that judges you based on your individual performance. A smurf is just going to perform way better way more consistently, they need to rank up faster than other people.
: That's really nice but don't you care that League is losing it's identity more with every design update? You don't look at client and say "yeah, that's League, what else could it be right". Look at the old client from 2013, that's where you are sure you are in League's client.
This isn't about that though, it was about its appearance. If you just look at its appearance, i don't think it looks bad at all personally. Does it look like League of Legends? Not really, but games evolve and thats whats going on here. I mean its completely unnecessary and kind of a waste of time, but its not the end of the world. There are worse issue to be upset about.
: new client login is AWFUL
I actually like it tbh, its simple and white and could use some color but i think it looks clean and i like clean. Just my opinion though. EDIT: Before you reply to my comment or any of my other comments please take the time to read the original post and then reread my comment. This is about its appearance not how well it work or whether its useful or not. I am not saying I like the client, I just like the all white look. Thats my opinion. If you disagree with that, fine, but I am not talking about how the client performs in this comment because that it is irrelevant. You wanna talk about how shitty it is? Go ahead but start a new Thread and we can talk about it there.
: Why is Garen winrate dropping so fast
If i had to guess, the buffs/changes altered the way his laning phase went and how he transitioned into late game. His match-ups changed, his powerspikes changed, but his teamfight stayed the same. So people only had to adjust to his new laning phase and not his mid to late game, which meant he quickly dropped in winrate as people figured out how to lane against him again. He still has the same glaring weaknesses, he just has a different laning phase now. My prediction is he will remain popular for a short time, then sort of go back to being more of a low elo pick.
: I think I've discovered the key to supporting in this meta.
How to carry from Support: Step 1: research your bot laners match history. How well do they peform? Step 2: If the bot laner is decent at several Marksmen, pick a normal Support either a healer/enchanter or a tank then move on to Step 3; If the bot laner doesn't have a good track record or is auto-filled, pick a strong AP champion like Brand, Vel'koz, Xerath, Lux or just pick Pyke if he isn't banned. You are the carry in the lane now, end of advice be the carry (but don't steal CS, they may be garbage at the role but they need items to help take objectives). Step 3: Marksmen is doing good, stick with them and roll around the map as a two-some. Take every objective together, focus on supporting the fed members of your team but don't abandon the marksmen. They will be an asset and with a few items will be one of the strongest people on the team; If the Marksmen is not doing good, abandon them when you think they are too far behind and start roaming around the map. In the current meta, you don't have time to help them catch up unfortunately, they need to catch up on their own or just not hinder the team. Your job now is to support the other members of the team. Its situational when you should abandon them, being behind does not mean its a lost cause, but don't wait to long you are a play-maker for better teammates and can be a deciding factor.
Barkley (NA)
: Can we as a community band together
This is not a community issue, its a balance issue. Why play so or so champions, when this champion is just better in almost every situation. Thats where we are at right now. The "meta" has become who can 1-shot the fastest and most efficiently or who can do the most damage to the most targets. Those champions are mostly assassins like Kha, Rengar, Eve, Qiyana, and Pyke. They not only 1-shot most champions instantly but they can kill multiple champions at once by themselves and are incredibly hard to pin down or peel against. So again, why pick a mage that has to land skillshots when you can jump in insta-kill the carry in 0.1 second, and then kill anyone who chases you. The other problem champions are like Yasuo, AP Malphite, Draven, Sylas, Fiora, Riven. Who do a shit ton of damage, but are also incredibly difficult to kill which gives them an advantage over a champion that is only one of those things. Its a lot itemization, but also individual champion balance. Champions like Pyke who see no nerfs for months despite being pick/ban, are overtuned and have ridiculous damage numbers. Sure it would be nice if everyone just agreed not to play the clearly broken champs, but this is a competitive game and thats totally unrealistic. They need to balance the game properly and move away from the 1-shot meta they have now.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ra2NJabK,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-09-30T20:14:11.998+0000) > > Well those fall into the skill category. Thats part of the game, it is a skill to make the right decisions in a pinch and to know how to farm and control the wave. But thats normally where my strength is. Im not mechanically better than people and my reaction time isn't the fastest, but I normally know what I think is the best decision most of the time. I try to ping it out or talk in chat, but in Silver everyone thinks they are Diamond and don't want to listen. Not much strategy you can pull off when an enemy is capable of 1v5ing your team, thats my main issue right now. People giving up so many kills a hyper carry like Yi or Yasuo with almost 20 kills is just impossible to deal with no matter what you do. You could be that person with 20 kills if you make good enough decisions in silver
> [{quoted}](name=Niggel Wessom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ra2NJabK,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-10-02T23:38:18.168+0000) > > You could be that person with 20 kills if you make good enough decisions in silver no i can't i don't play those champions. I main Support.
NovaPh (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ra2NJabK,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-01T04:04:56.857+0000) > > I don't think it needs to be so specific tbh, I think it would really only need to look at the players consistency and how well they perform on that champion compared to others in their ELO. So if someone performs poorly in a role in most of their games, but ends up getting carried enough to rank up it would flag them. It would then put them in a game with other flagged people to see how well they perform. Obviously im over simplifying it, but that would kind of be the general idea. That's very close to how things are already being done. Consistency/ELO is measured by wins and losses, but I'm not sure if you mean by some other methods. I don't really see how comparing based on specific champion consistency changes anything. It's also important to understand that being 'carried' is a subjective determination that players make, it's not something you can determine. Can you explain in more detail instead of simplifying it?
> [{quoted}](name=NovaPh,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ra2NJabK,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-02T10:37:07.423+0000) > > That's very close to how things are already being done. Consistency/ELO is measured by wins and losses, but I'm not sure if you mean by some other methods. I don't really see how comparing based on specific champion consistency changes anything. It's also important to understand that being 'carried' is a subjective determination that players make, it's not something you can determine. Can you explain in more detail instead of simplifying it? No its very different from how its currently done. Its currently based on Win and Loss, thats the only thing that affects your MMR. This would be a secondary system that has nothing to do with increasing/decreasing MMR, instead it determines your teammates and enemies within that MMR. So if it flags you as performing worse than others in your MMR, it will place you with others flagged as being worse. If it flags you as performing better (such as Smurfs) it will place you against others who perform better for the MMR. Actually its pretty easy to see when someone is getting carried, you look at their damage, CS, KDA, Vision Score, and map pressure/objective control. If its all significantly lower than every one elses, they are getting carried. Even if you are behind, you can still perform in most of those just as well as your teammates. I look at all my teammates past games during loading screens, and i notice all the time 1 or 2 people who consistently perform poorly in nearly every way. They have low kill participation, they don't ward, they have a lot of deaths. Its not just one or two bad games, they still have lower scores even in wins. That person may be ranked a little too high for their skill level and are getting carried enough to not fall or not fall fast enough. Like if you look at my match history, I perform pretty consistently for my Rank. I pretty much am ranked around my skill level. Even in games where I am doing REALLY bad I still have good kp% and vision score. However my teammates are all over the place, some perform way better and some perform way worse consistently in all their games. Thats where my system would come in, it would place those people with other people in similar situations. That way they are still at the same MMR, but now they are playing against people at their own skill level. They would be taken off the system once their scores match the average for whatever MMR they end up at.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cbfEEs6s,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-02T06:24:23.968+0000) > > {{champion:236}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:25}} blitz not a problem a lot of champs available to you Tank meta was way better than this current meta, and supports being good at supporting was amazing too
I mean I personally liked Tank meta with the exception of Sion and Sejuani being god tier. I also like Supp metas as I am a support main :\ but Blitz being good doesn't make it the worst meta. Blitz is pretty easy to counter, you just need to play a little safer than normal against him.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cbfEEs6s,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-01T18:09:31.254+0000) > > I guess you don't remember Ardent Censor meta... or Juggernauts... or when ADC's were 3 shotting everything from tanks to turrets and were impossible to assassinate. I remember all those and when ADC's were the weakest role in the game unless you built something that wasn't crit Doesn't make a difference to me since I main {{champion:497}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:89}} etc etc literally ardent was the best meta for me, back when blitz hooking a support probably wouldn't kill them
{{champion:236}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:25}} blitz not a problem a lot of champs available to you
: > [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cbfEEs6s,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-01T09:38:19.237+0000) > > so you made an incorrect assumption on what i meant in my comment... How in any way does that mean I said its acceptable.. > > READ THE FUCKING ORIGINAL POST... I was informing them this was not the worst patch ever and that they do this shit every year. Its nothing new and its not the worst that they have done, its on par with every single previous Worlds patch ever. any patch where {{champion:53}} gets a buff can be called the worst patch ever
I guess you don't remember Ardent Censor meta... or Juggernauts... or when ADC's were 3 shotting everything from tanks to turrets and were impossible to assassinate.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cbfEEs6s,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-01T03:57:28.985+0000) > > please point to where I said it should be accepted. Its the same thing every year, its no different this year. I don't like it, but these posts of "omg worst ever patch in the history of league" or "omg Riot is catering towards this more than ever" its all bullshit. They have been doing it for many years. The state of the game isn't a spontaneous sudden lack of care by Riot, its years and years of bad decisions all piled on top of each other. They do the same things every year and never learn because they still make a lot of money. "They do this every single time" Literally as though you're trying to justify them making shit patches at the end of EVERY SEASON We KNOW THEY DO IT AT EVERY SEASONS END That why we complain EVERY SEASON and why people will continue to complain until the make a worlds patch THAT DOESN"T SUCK FOR EVERYONE
so you made an incorrect assumption on what i meant in my comment... How in any way does that mean I said its acceptable.. READ THE FUCKING ORIGINAL POST... I was informing them this was not the worst patch ever and that they do this shit every year. Its nothing new and its not the worst that they have done, its on par with every single previous Worlds patch ever.
NovaPh (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ra2NJabK,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-30T20:19:33.414+0000) > > They could start looking at individual skill though. Instead of doing this bullshit Eternals thing, they could develop a system that looks at your personal performance. This system wouldn't affect your LP gains or losses, it would purely be used to match you up with and against people. That way someone who consistently performs terribly but gets hard carried every other game, gets matched with and against other people who consistently do poorly. This would be a way more accurate way to rank someone, they wouldn't be getting carried in enough games to rank up. They would obviously drop to the rank they deserve to be in. I'd be very much in support of using player metrics to match people together but I think the real problem is that it would dilute the ques and create situations where creating a que could be impossible. So for example if the system has to find "people who have a high vision score and also have a 2.1 kda ratio" and it gets no hits at the time...you can't play league?
> [{quoted}](name=NovaPh,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ra2NJabK,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-30T23:16:35.758+0000) > > I'd be very much in support of using player metrics to match people together but I think the real problem is that it would dilute the ques and create situations where creating a que could be impossible. > > So for example if the system has to find "people who have a high vision score and also have a 2.1 kda ratio" and it gets no hits at the time...you can't play league? I don't think it needs to be so specific tbh, I think it would really only need to look at the players consistency and how well they perform on that champion compared to others in their ELO. So if someone performs poorly in a role in most of their games, but ends up getting carried enough to rank up it would flag them. It would then put them in a game with other flagged people to see how well they perform. Obviously im over simplifying it, but that would kind of be the general idea.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stephenizgod,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cbfEEs6s,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-30T20:52:15.635+0000) > > no it isn't people just have short memories. They do this every single time. This year they did it all at once instead of in the months before, but its the same. Just cuz its usually bad doesn't mean it should just be accepted
please point to where I said it should be accepted. Its the same thing every year, its no different this year. I don't like it, but these posts of "omg worst ever patch in the history of league" or "omg Riot is catering towards this more than ever" its all bullshit. They have been doing it for many years. The state of the game isn't a spontaneous sudden lack of care by Riot, its years and years of bad decisions all piled on top of each other. They do the same things every year and never learn because they still make a lot of money.
: This year is particularly bad, compared to seasons past
no it isn't people just have short memories. They do this every single time. This year they did it all at once instead of in the months before, but its the same.
: Why Patch 9.19 needs to be REVERTED after Worlds!
You must be new here. They do this every year at Worlds. Champions they want to see in Pro Play always get buffed, champions they don't want to see in Worlds get nerfed. Champions too strong outside of the pro scene but weak in the pro scene get buffed, champions weak outside of pro scene but strong in proplay get nerfed. In the months before Worlds Riots balance changes to Pro-play > actual balance.
NovaPh (NA)
: I think it's really interesting because, in reality, it would be impossible to perfectly match a team together because there are so many factors involved. Even in real-life sports the teams aren't really guaranteed to be on an equal skill level. I think the real problem with digital sports verses real sports is the fact that unlike in real life you can play for a few years and then still come back (and smurf). Unless you have a medical condition it's unlikely you're going to get injured playing league and have to retire. I was watching football last night so the thought really came to me there. In these kinds of games, there aren't really large mandated rotations of new players coming into the game (while the older ones rotate out) because of retirement and injuries. You can have people who have been playing for 10 years against someone who is brand new because of smurfing. It's a lot easier to manage in real sports as well because they only have around 1.7k players compared to the around 1.2 million-plus that the NA server has. I do see some 'close' games in pro-play about 2/5ths of the time or so. It's more likely to happen in a regulated league like the LCS or NFL than it is in an unregulated pool of over a million people. There's only around 50 pro-players overall in the entire NA pool, so it's easier to regulate and manage a more consistent skill floor. The players are more likely to have equal skill levels in those types of games because they are all held to the same standard. Even in the LCS where you have 10 teams, only 3-4 of them end of really being viable for high-tier competitions. There's never going to be fair matchmaking. I'm also trying to say that if league was always 5 v 5 flex (where both teams got to scout, play with friends, or pick people they trusted not to int) then matchmaking would always lean closer to fair (but still not be perfect).
> [{quoted}](name=NovaPh,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ra2NJabK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-30T10:11:35.130+0000) > > I think it's really interesting because, in reality, it would be impossible to perfectly match a team together because there are so many factors involved. Even in real-life sports the teams aren't really guaranteed to be on an equal skill level. I think the real problem with digital sports verses real sports is the fact that unlike in real life you can play for a few years and then still come back (and smurf). Unless you have a medical condition it's unlikely you're going to get injured playing league and have to retire. I was watching football last night so the thought really came to me there. In these kinds of games, there aren't really large mandated rotations of new players coming into the game (while the older ones rotate out) because of retirement and injuries. You can have people who have been playing for 10 years against someone who is brand new because of smurfing. It's a lot easier to manage in real sports as well because they only have around 1.7k players compared to the around 1.2 million-plus that the NA server has. > > I do see some 'close' games in pro-play about 2/5ths of the time or so. It's more likely to happen in a regulated league like the LCS or NFL than it is in an unregulated pool of over a million people. There's only around 50 pro-players overall in the entire NA pool, so it's easier to regulate and manage a more consistent skill floor. The players are more likely to have equal skill levels in those types of games because they are all held to the same standard. Even in the LCS where you have 10 teams, only 3-4 of them end of really being viable for high-tier competitions. There's never going to be fair matchmaking. > > I'm also trying to say that if league was always 5 v 5 flex (where both teams got to scout, play with friends, or pick people they trusted not to int) then matchmaking would always lean closer to fair (but still not be perfect). They could start looking at individual skill though. Instead of doing this bullshit Eternals thing, they could develop a system that looks at your personal performance. This system wouldn't affect your LP gains or losses, it would purely be used to match you up with and against people. That way someone who consistently performs terribly but gets hard carried every other game, gets matched with and against other people who consistently do poorly. This would be a way more accurate way to rank someone, they wouldn't be getting carried in enough games to rank up. They would obviously drop to the rank they deserve to be in.
: You're in silver it's not even about skill it's literally all decision making and farming
> [{quoted}](name=Niggel Wessom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ra2NJabK,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-30T15:30:39.470+0000) > > You're in silver it's not even about skill it's literally all decision making and farming Well those fall into the skill category. Thats part of the game, it is a skill to make the right decisions in a pinch and to know how to farm and control the wave. But thats normally where my strength is. Im not mechanically better than people and my reaction time isn't the fastest, but I normally know what I think is the best decision most of the time. I try to ping it out or talk in chat, but in Silver everyone thinks they are Diamond and don't want to listen. Not much strategy you can pull off when an enemy is capable of 1v5ing your team, thats my main issue right now. People giving up so many kills a hyper carry like Yi or Yasuo with almost 20 kills is just impossible to deal with no matter what you do.
Tayzzer (NA)
: get good
> [{quoted}](name=Tayzzer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ra2NJabK,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-30T17:41:50.242+0000) > > get good im trying man, its hard to get better when the enemy has such a large lead you are squishier than a minion to them.
Zardo (NA)
: The most frustrating thing for me is players current mentality. Everyone is so quick to flame. Everyone is so quick to troll. Everyone is so quick to afk. Its exhausting.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ra2NJabK,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-30T12:42:19.845+0000) > > The most frustrating thing for me is players current mentality. Everyone is so quick to flame. Everyone is so quick to troll. Everyone is so quick to afk. Its exhausting. i have been flaming pretty quickly lately, but i never AFK or troll. My issue is I feel hopeless. You tell someone to just play safe, try to farm what you can, stop trying to fight, but there they go diving the 6/0 enemy again dying for the 7th time under enemy turret. You know, you tell yourself bad game, but 5 losses later and your team is doing the same stupid shit that is costing your every game. It gets really hard to not flame people who do the same mistake over and over again. BTW when I say "flame" i don't mean personal attacks, I just "yell" at them about doing the thing they are doing and tell them to stop because they are the reason we are losing. It doesn't help us win and I shouldn't say anything at all, but at the very least I am not saying anything that is against the rules or offensive. Just telling them the truth, they suck and are losing us the game single-handedly.
Kat XD (NA)
: Just wanted to show an example from your current game: https://i.ibb.co/1Qy3vR0/porofessor-gg.png I would have looked more into Fizz to see if he was a smurf or not, and probably ended up dodging because Kayn has 649 ranked games played this season with <50% winrate, and has never played a single game as Kayn, as well as Zed having a 46% winrate and abnormally bad warding habits.
> [{quoted}](name=Kat XD,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ra2NJabK,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-30T08:53:37.595+0000) > > Just wanted to show an example from your current game: > https://i.ibb.co/1Qy3vR0/porofessor-gg.png > > I would have looked more into Fizz to see if he was a smurf or not, and probably ended up dodging because Kayn has 649 ranked games played this season with <50% winrate, and has never played a single game as Kayn, as well as Zed having a 46% winrate and abnormally bad warding habits. we won, fizz carried pretty hard. They roamed Mid a lot and the 3 assassins ended up doing good because of it. Me and Cait pretty much dominated bot lane, I am really aggressive on Brand and this Cait backed it up every time i went in. Cait was also good at surviving solo. Judging by the Kayn's gameplay, he wasn't bad either. Landed his abilities, knew when to go in, kept track of the enemy jungler and even pinged out roams. But it proves my point. We had 2 people far above everyone else in skill level (cait and fizz IMO were much better than everyone) and we won because they were able to win their lane and others lanes (obviously I had a role in Cait winning lane and also roaming mid to help Zed). The enemy had some less than stellar players on their team and Fizz and Cait took advantage of that. It was in no way a fair game, our team was clearly better from champ select.
Rioter Comments
: Is Mordekaiser too op?
If he never lands his grab, he isn't OP. But if he can consistently land his grab, he is pretty busted. His damage is off the charts and he is really fucking hard to kill.
Glîtchy (NA)
: [Poll] which would you want to see more? Reworks or new champs?
my issue is their new champions are always game breaking abominations. And their reworks are either trash or game breaking abominations. Personally, I'd like for them to stop adding to the game and start fixing what is broken. Damage too high, Jungle is cancer but is the most important role, certain champions are completely out of balance (some of them got a buff recently because LC$ Big Plays). Its just piling up and making the game unfun. One team has 20 kills to 4 and its over in 30 minutes if they decided to actually end.
Rioter Comments
: PLS upvote this so riot can see and MAYBE do something about it!
That sucks... I lost a game when our Top laner apparently their client crashed according to their duo, they still somehow connected, but never entered the game and disconnected about 30 seconds later. No remake for us though. They never got into the game, but we couldnt remake. Of course we lost a 4v5.
: well you must be challenger at heart. cause up here in diamond I make my enemy bot lanes cry https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=sea+slug+menace 7/2/12 game enemy zilean 0/11 5/6/15 game enemy jinx 1/13 xereth 9 deaths. his 7 kills come from outside of laning phase but during laning phase he was like 0/6 and jinx 1/6 only reason they weren't more stomped is because olaf came bot. while our hecarim who knew we were 8/0 didn't decide to camp bot https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3160845114/2171425754458688?tab=overview (if you want to see how many times they died before 14 minutes/whatever you consider laning phase) stop ranting about your silver teammates. even diamond players suck
Yea it would be nice if I had a good jungler every game, you seem pretty consistent even when compared to everyone else in your games. But in Silver, Jungle is a bit too difficult and inconsistent. Most junglers in my games don't really do anything or they are doing way too much. In a 30 minutes game they have like 2 kill participation or 20, a totally unreliable role in most games. Even the same player is wildly inconsistent on that if you look at their match history. My issue isn't dying to ganks or roams. My issue is dying in lane in a 2v2 vacuum. I just don't understand how you die so much in the first 10 minutes of the game. It happens, a bad play here and there, wrong call or a good play by the enemy, but the amount of deaths i see is pretty ridiculous. I don't get why its so difficult for them to just back off or give up the lead in order to be safer. You can be 20-30 CS down and 0 deaths and be fine once the game transitions. Its less fine if your team as a whole is behind, but as long as you aren't creating a monster you still have a chance to get the lead. I know im not a high elo player, i just question why some of my teammates are in Gold instead of Iron. Is there really no difference in skill between the 3 ranks? Is it all luck? You got carried or you didn't get the AFK? Do i really need to be Diamond level player to climb in low elo? I just think its a bit bonkers that I have to be so far ahead in skill to be able to consistently climb when majority of games are lost before I can do anything about it. Seems to me I should be able to climb when I am performing good not just because the enemy team got the feeder/afk instead of me.
Razorex (EUW)
: I want Riot to see this.
The whole ladder is fucked this season tbh. I don't want a higher rank, i just want all the idiots in my games who are somehow higher than me to be lower ranked. Most of the people I play with, I swear they bought their accounts which is sad because Im low elo... I guess its the only accounts they could afford. I really don't understand how people can go that negative in a Ranked game.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Stephenizgod

Level 88 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion