: If you are planning on removing Twisted Treeline, i'm done, Riot
Remember when TT players didn't come to help dominion players get ranked? Riot Remembers. Summoners Rift players won't feel your pain, no one to save you now. +++ They have a declining population so they need to force everyone into dynamic queue for SR, otherwise DQ only has like 1 season left before it's completely unbearable for everyone involved. This way they get 2 seasons out of it! Enjoy!
Nideak (NA)
: 1. Death's early game aren't as bad as it looks. The worst is you could lose 1 wave and the experience to go with it. If your team stomps bot so bad they become 0/5 it doesn't mean they are out of the game. If you allow them to freeze the wave and allow that same bot to grab 100 cs, then he's no longer underfarmed/underleveled and is now a threat to deal with. 2. Kill gold (300) is around 15 CS (depending on how much gold each minion gives, if casters give 18 and melee's give 22, it would be around 15. Not including the Siege minion) so while you might be up 5/0 (an extra 1500 gold) it doesn't give you much of an advantage if you don't know how to last hit and farm up the CS. Again, you may be an item up from your opponent, but that might not mean anything if he scales better with his items then you or if his kit allows for more burst (or if he completely outplays you). Point is, KDA don't matter if you can't keep putting pressure on that same opponent (and even if you do, some champions just become hyper carries late in the game and there is nothing you can do if you let it get that late).
You ignored what I said there. Yes, you can farm and get back into it. Woohoo we're on it! But it's pretty plain english; When you're dead you get out leveled and miss gold. When you buy almost any item you get combat stats.
: PSA: The death count does NOT matter when gauging whether or not a champion can 1v1 you
> [{quoted}](name=A Basic Island,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7GxZXQk0,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-07-15T10:31:03.426+0000) > > well, kills, deaths, assists are not combat stats. **Deaths don't magically decrease the enemy stats**, and your kills aren't** magically increasing your stats ** I have 2 questions about this post; 1. How are you earning gold/experience while dead and can you share that with the rest of us? 2. What are you buying that your kill gold isn't adding combat stats? Thank you.
: This game needs a 25% damage decrease across the whole board.
The power creep is entirely because they threw CDR on every item and everyone gets 40% CDR now. AY LMAO I'M A TANK THAT ONLY DOES DMG WITH ABILITIES THX RIOT. AY LMAO I'M A MAGE THAT ONLY DOES DMG WITH ABILITIES THX RIOT. AY LMAO I'M AN ASSASSIN THAT ONLY BURSTS U DOWN WITH ABILITIES THX RIOT. It doesn't even make sense for some items to have CDR. Warmogs? Really? Zhonya's? Really? This has been the season of "if my button isn't lit up I'm having a bad time" and "If I'm not climbing ranks with my buddies then the game isn't fun even if there is a normal game mode that let's us do this anyway." Will forever be looked back on in the gaming industry on how to over-casualize a game and lose a fan base.
: When you realize you were being carried by your support
This has never happened, you got upvoted because of your name on this one mr. fish.
: Daily Reminder that the Boards dont resemble the majority of the Playerbase
Daily reminder that people who post have, and will, always post. There isn't some section of the population that sees the boards and refuses to post in support. There isn't some section of the population that only posts because they want to complain. The logic behind saying the boards aren't a representation of a cross section of the population is the same logic that says polling will never be accurate. It's not 100% accurate, but it's pretty damn on point most of the time. If nothing changes, the game dies significantly faster than just stagnating out. Whether or not you think it's true, it is. Monthly ranked games have gone down since the initial boost in popularity, and this is a system that relies on having as many players as possible to make searching and balancing teams for games work. The more people who leave, the more unbearable the system becomes, and the more people that leave. It's not a smart way to retain a base. But hey, at least we can constantly repeat the same rhetoric of "the only people who post on the boards are the whiners" over and over and over. That surely will bring players back who have left.
Larry (EUNE)
: It's not me who makes the game die. It's you who make a huge fuss and drama about it, affecting people who have no opinion on this matter. You are badmouthing the game. Anyway whoever is correct from either sides doesnt matter, what i believe is that riot wants money, so they please the majority. The fact that they are not doing anything about it is that people who are leaving this game are not a considerable threat to riot,or they are freeload customers who haven't spend money on the game, or simply Riot lack data on the subject. Which i highly doubt after 7 months of data as you mention that numbers are going down. I don't believe anyone in these forums because people have been demanding and badmouthing in forums since s1 i've been here, they are never pleased with any new change, and they always beg for things, for free, and now.Your philosophy is better than a game who made their way to the top and they actually listen to what the community wants more than any other game. I am only convinced in Riot's actions towards the subject (i'm not with their side but they have the actual proof of how things are) and their actions towards "people leaving cuz of DQ" are minimal, yet they try to please you as well doing baby steps (release of ranked 5's during peak hours) they can't fix it in a day, they need to implement a small change, collect data, implement another change etc. So yea my logic is flawed and your conspiracy theories are 100% valid because you agree with another 100 forum members
> [{quoted}](name=Larry,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cf4U6rRr,comment-id=00000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-09T13:16:55.473+0000) > > It's not me who makes the game die.**(1) It's you who make a huge fuss and drama about it**, affecting people who have no opinion on this matter. You are badmouthing the game. Anyway whoever is correct from either sides doesnt matter, what i believe is that riot wants money, so they please the majority. The fact that they are not doing anything about it is that people **(2)who are leaving this game are not a considerable threat to riot,or they are freeload customers who haven't spend money on the game,** or simply Riot lack data on the subject. Which i highly doubt after 7 months of data as you mention that numbers are going down. I don't believe anyone in these forums because people have been demanding and badmouthing in forums since s1 i've been here, they are never pleased with any new change, and they always beg for things, for free, and now**.(3B)Your philosophy is better than a game who made their way to the top and they actually listen to what the community wants more than any other game**. I am only convinced in Riot's actions towards the subject (i'm not with their side but they have the actual proof of how things are) and their actions towards "people leaving cuz of DQ" are minimal, yet they try to please you as well doing baby steps (release of ranked 5's during peak hours) they can't fix it in a day, they need to implement a small change, collect data, implement another change etc. > >** (3)So yea my logic is flawed** and your conspiracy theories are 100% valid because you agree with another 100 forum members I'm assuming you're not a native english speaker because your posts are really hard to follow, so I'm just saying that right off the bat to avoid any confusion. (1) No one is making a huge fuss or drama about anything. People are saying what they want. People are leaving when they don't get it. It's not complicated, it's not dramatic, it's an online game. Give the customers what they want or lose them. (2) Ask anyone in any sort of business, especially F2P, the more people the better. It doesn't matter if 1 person spends money out of a thousand or 1 person out of 2, you need to get that thousand or that 2 to get the spender. So losing players, in any context, is costing Riot money. The reason they're probably not quick to do anything about it is their new revenue source of Hextech crafting this season. (3) It actually really is considering I gave you just straight facts and absolutely no conspiracy or theory involved. On the other hand a majority of your posts are riddled with anecdotal or simply made up information. (3B) Listening to the community would've been not silencing reddit within a week about DQ post-DQ release. Listening to the community wouldn't of been ignoring the Twitch/Youtube content creators who said it sucked. Listening to the community wouldn't of been waiting 6 months to "start doing something about it". Listening to the community wouldn't of been ignoring the pros. See (3).
Larry (EUNE)
: agreed. the VERY LOUD minority. Other people who enjoy or don't care, why should they make posts about it, or upvote/downvote others? xD Haters made a circle and praise each other for the strong unarguable points they make hahaha
The logic behind that argument is so completely baseless and flawed. "Only people who care.." That doesn't cut one way. The only people posting are the people who have always posted and would always post. There isn't some magical group of people that shows up just to complain. There isn't some magical group of people who refuse to post despite seeing the massive backlash against something they enjoy. "Vocal minority" is a strawman argument used to make the actual minority feel better about it. Statistics across all data tracking sites says total ranked games have fallen every month since january, after it initially went up. 7 straight months of decline, but yeah, the "minority" doesn't enjoy the queue. Idiots like you that keep repeating things like "don't like it? quit" (ctl+f your post history) and "you're a minority" are death spiraling this game. Every solo that quits is another longer queue, another frustrated solo, and another person quitting. But yeah, wear those rose colored glasses and keep spouting aimless rhetoric that doesn't actually support why you enjoy something, surely watching a game you apparently like die is worth it.
: So deep terror nami was removed from the arbiter program...
There are plenty of mods, just because they don't post constantly doesn't mean they don't exist. I once saw DTN claim that his crumby opinion about something was being downvoted by bots, so I promptly replied saying I wasn't a bot and a majority of his downvotes came from people that had accounts that looked similar to mine who also replied (thousands of games played throughout the years). Narcasism like that is way too real. Should've lost it with the stupid "Oh you're quitting league for overwatch over dynamic queue?" thread that account made.
BigBadWolfi (EUNE)
: Then I and my Player Friends are the minority? In game i never hear a bad word about DQ. The only place i see this is the forum. Give us a FACT That we are the minority who like the DQ Or its useless.
Yup. That's not at all as anecdotal as what the OP did, you sure poked all the holes in his logic.
Decrit (EUW)
: or, or, simply put, people don' t use the vote feature for stuff they don' t feel hard on. Downvoting is meant for shitposting and for not giving constructive content, but is used to aggressively take away voice who don' t share the opinion of the voter. Such aggression does not manifest equally, and manifests more on unsatisfied players since the satisfied ones are more prone to "let it go". And frustrated and angry players that talk about DQ are unsatisfied. so yeah, it might as well almost be 100 upvotes dry.
Are you seriously trying to reason that out though? Like the original premise for your though was 100 people upvoted, if 100 people quit it doesn't matter. It was explained to you that you can't possibly know how many people truly upvoted and it could be thousands and you'd never know, and instead of grasping that concept you said still 100 people upvoted and still only 100 people would quit. It's people like you that I'm pretty sure are just trolling. Pretty confident.
: See what I mean though? I'm not going to bother going back through everything you said again because you are just spinning it. If the furthest back thing you can find is the round table, you're obviously not looking. > [{quoted}](name=Lyte,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=JNwgrzih,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-11-05T01:14:56.121+0000) > > We knew Dynamic Queue was going to be a controversial topic. If you check my accounts over the seasons, I've played over 5000 Ranked Solo/Duo Queue games, and about 4800 of those are pure solo. Other team members like RiotLobster, RiotSocrates, RiotChomey, ryedan, and RiotTantram... we're all Platinum, Diamond or higher and pure soloists. Because we *are* the advocates for solo players, this is also why we're the best team to build the new Champ Select and Dynamic Queues. > > When we first started building the new Champ Select, we knew this would be a big debate. In every research survey, the majority of players wanted to try Ranked, but also wanted to play with friends and did not have enough friends always online to play Ranked Teams. **In every analytics report, the more friends you play with on average, the better your experiences and the less toxicity there is. ** > http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/GD/JNwgrzih-qa-about-dynamic-queues-and-new-champ-select Mostly everything you've said is wildly inaccurate; literally the first reason he lists is toxicity and they only took that out in the red-post following the PBE update because of the massive backlash he got in that thread, which was in what? November? Way before anything you've posted that "backs up" what you're saying. I'm sorry but I'm not going to waste my time. Good luck convincing other people that you know what you're talking about, you're really helping riot death spiral this game with their great decisions this season by not actually researching what you're saying. I'm sure Riot appreciates it though.
I'm just not a fan of talking in circles about things that were established months ago is all. Have fun man.
: > [{quoted}](name=Steven Mcburn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HxBwEqtE,comment-id=00110000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-06T04:42:44.653+0000) > I guess it's necessary to quote then... I read everything you wrote fyi though. > > The original argument for implementing dynamic queue has nothing to do with why they didn't have solo queue by it; so the first paragraph is completely meaningless to what I'm saying. As a matter of fact, what they could've done was implemented a system that let people without teams fill in teams that needed players and have a separate ladder for it; but that's not the point or the place to talk about it. "This upcoming season we're replacing the solo/duo queue with a dynamic group queue, where you'll be able to climb the ladder with any number of teammates, going from single participation all the way to a full team comp. There's no longer a penalty for players ranking together, so the benefits of grouping up will always prevail. You'll still need to be of similar rank to your queue-buddies, and the system is designed so that groups will almost always play against similarly grouped opponents (so if you're in a premade five, there's a 95% chance you'll run into another premade five), but now you'll be able to compete the way you want to." --from the original season opening post. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/site/2016-season-update/ranked-improvements.html There is nothing there about toxicity. I've combed it. > There you go on the second paragraph. Although, for no real reason you belittled it to "side argument" even though that's directly what we're talking about. I guess when your entire goal is to defend the actions of someone who is acting without rhyme or reason that's how you really have to approach it. The first time they mentioned toxicity as a factor was during the roundtable discussion here http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/dynamic-queue-and-future-league It was to defend dynamic vs solo. > > And the last part is just completely made up unless it's happened in the last couple of weeks. Even then it would've been plastered all over these forums, even more than the "daily reminder" threads. I've posted it many times. Those on the boards don't want to hear it so it keeps getting buried. ------------------------ Q: You recognize that solo players are the vast majority of the LoL playerbase, yet admit you intentionally put them and their experience behind DQ which SERVES ONLY GROUPS. Solo players are continually punished with ward caps, DQ handicaps lower than old Duo, etc. DQ is not the same as new Champselect A: Just as a point of clarification (if I understand you correctly), but the premade handicap adjustment (penalty) never went away and we are discussing making it even greater to make sure nobody feels obligated to form premades just for winrate purposes. As to your other point, there is a cart-horse problem here. A lot of players traditionally played solo. Some of them preferred solo. Some of them preferred groups, but the system really limited making premades. Some of them probably never gave it much thought, but maybe the potential for having premades will encourage them to try it. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy to say "player do X, therefore they must prefer X to all other options." I totally agree that DQ is not the same as new champ select, and if I could do it all over again, I would advocate that we had released the two features separately. If we had launched new champ select first, we could have fixed some of the problems with role selection and long matchmaking before we gave premades larger than 2 a shot. about 1 month ago http://ask.fm/RiotGhostcrawler --------------------------- (not the only time a rioter has said that though, just the only quotable I can recall offhand.) > > I appreciate you having a stance on it, I get that you want to defend it. I do. I promise. This is just one of those things that's like abortion or gun control, you're set in what you think and no matter what anyone says it won't change it. It's the same for me, so it's not like it's unnatural. That's just life. You have no idea how much I want soloqueue, but everything I dig up doesn't lead to it. I'm just hoping they split the mmrs in the same queue like a couple red posts stated so we can have psuedo soloqueue. That's the best we're gonna get. 2 ranks 1 queue.
See what I mean though? I'm not going to bother going back through everything you said again because you are just spinning it. If the furthest back thing you can find is the round table, you're obviously not looking. > [{quoted}](name=Lyte,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=JNwgrzih,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-11-05T01:14:56.121+0000) > > We knew Dynamic Queue was going to be a controversial topic. If you check my accounts over the seasons, I've played over 5000 Ranked Solo/Duo Queue games, and about 4800 of those are pure solo. Other team members like RiotLobster, RiotSocrates, RiotChomey, ryedan, and RiotTantram... we're all Platinum, Diamond or higher and pure soloists. Because we *are* the advocates for solo players, this is also why we're the best team to build the new Champ Select and Dynamic Queues. > > When we first started building the new Champ Select, we knew this would be a big debate. In every research survey, the majority of players wanted to try Ranked, but also wanted to play with friends and did not have enough friends always online to play Ranked Teams. **In every analytics report, the more friends you play with on average, the better your experiences and the less toxicity there is. ** > http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/GD/JNwgrzih-qa-about-dynamic-queues-and-new-champ-select Mostly everything you've said is wildly inaccurate; literally the first reason he lists is toxicity and they only took that out in the red-post following the PBE update because of the massive backlash he got in that thread, which was in what? November? Way before anything you've posted that "backs up" what you're saying. I'm sorry but I'm not going to waste my time. Good luck convincing other people that you know what you're talking about, you're really helping riot death spiral this game with their great decisions this season by not actually researching what you're saying. I'm sure Riot appreciates it though.
: If each daily reminder about "everyone" wanting solo queue back was true, they'd get more than the same 100 people up-voting them. 100 up-votes is a VERY small number of people compared to the league community. Long story short, clearly not enough people want solo queue that much over dynamic queue otherwise that number would be hitting the thousands EASILY. Tired of seeing this solo queue stuff on the boards, let riot do what they want to do, if it loses you 100 people circle jerking the forums up-voting each other then that's how the world is. I'm ready to watch this get down-voted now so go ahead.
I don't think you know how the voting system works. Just because you see 100 upvotes doesn't mean only 100 upvotes were used; it's 100 more up than down. Could be 10000 downvotes and 10100 upvotes, you wouldn't know. I feel like your post failed just off that.
: The original argument for Dynamic queue was that lots of people wanted to play with friends competitively, (the original red post/announcement very clearly stated that) but were having trouble scheduling and arranging 5 people on at the same time. Toxicity was a side argument that they used to defend "no solo queue" and not going back to the old system. They noted that they should have tried new champ select without Dynamic queue but they didn't.
I feel like you're confident in what you're saying even if you're not right about what you're saying, which is why this won't be a conversation. No matter what I say you'll just say something that doesn't have much to do with what I'm saying; or spun in a way that backs up your point. Like 2 replies about 1 paragraph of a post that had 3 paragraphs in it. But let's do this one more time. The original argument for implementing dynamic queue has nothing to do with why they didn't have solo queue by it; so the first paragraph is completely meaningless to what I'm saying. As a matter of fact, what they could've done was implemented a system that let people without teams fill in teams that needed players and have a separate ladder for it; but that's not the point or the place to talk about it. There you go on the second paragraph. Although, for no real reason you belittled it to "side argument" even though that's directly what we're talking about. I guess when your entire goal is to defend the actions of someone who is acting without rhyme or reason that's how you really have to approach it. And the last part is just completely made up unless it's happened in the last couple of weeks. Even then it would've been plastered all over these forums, even more than the "daily reminder" threads. I appreciate you having a stance on it, I get that you want to defend it. I do. I promise. This is just one of those things that's like abortion or gun control, you're set in what you think and no matter what anyone says it won't change it. It's the same for me, so it's not like it's unnatural. That's just life.
: Were we not talking about their hitching of DirectPlay into the pbe client to test it out 3 years ago? Or did I miss something? This is about voice chat improving team play and fairness, not the validity of Dynamic queue. Yes _most_ builds of the pbe are the same. That one explicitly wasn't. You had to download another program to use it. They basically safety-pinned someone else's chat function there to test it, only building the safety pin. It sucked a ton of PC resources. This time they are supposedly building their own complete integrated version. I just have one more question: Do you or do you not think voice chat would even the playing field?
> [{quoted}](name=Steven Mcburn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HxBwEqtE,comment-id=00110000000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-05T19:25:16.053+0000) > > I don't think that's the point though, the point is if something in the past was deemed too toxic to exist in league and is now in league (soonTM), they're original argument for introducing DQ was that it lowered toxicity. Doesn't make any sense tbh. You can move the goalposts and invent all sorts of new reasons why DQ is awesome and so and so, but that doesn't change why it originally came. > > It's kind of like saying "we're having ice cream because it's hot outside", then you find out it's not hot outside so now you're "having ice cream because it tastes good", then you find out the ice cream is garbage tier so now you're "having ice cream because it'll melt if you don't". You can invent reasons for years about why you're doing something after you're initially wrong, but when you're making decisions based on reasoning you can't retroactively change the reasoning without understanding fundamentally you were wrong.
: No, the pbe and the live client have different builds. The pbe build is far less stable; they never "built" the live client version at all. They jimmy-rigged one together to test it during those cycles. They are adding it now; they've changed their view of it. I couldn't find these earlier, but I found them now: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/community/q/urfwick-wants-loot-box-and-voice-chat-and-better-support and an article on the above: http://www.riftherald.com/culture/2016/6/22/11978046/riot-games-league-of-legends-voice-chat
Yeah, like I said, none of that is really the point though now is it? I don't really feel up for repeating what I said that you just mostly ignored, so I think our conversation is kind of done. - On a side note, _there aren't many companies that invest over a year's salary of multiple devs for things they just permanently scrap _,and most builds of the PBE client are the exact same size as the "next" regular client; there have been very few exceptions to that. It would literally make 0 development sense to code for two different base clients, one isn't less stable than the other; they're literally the same it's just one is a patch ahead to catch any bugs or glitches that would lead to massive downtime for most of the game.
: Other games that have voice chat proved them wrong on the toxicity side. Adding it to the old client would take resources that are a waste since they're re-doing the client now anyways. Sure it'll fix it, cause most will be too awkward to talk trash on the comms to 4 real humans, most older than them. It'll also get that 14 year old to focus on controlling his/her champ instead of typing trash.
> [{quoted}](name=LostFr0st,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HxBwEqtE,comment-id=0011000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-05T18:26:28.802+0000) > > Other games that have voice chat proved them wrong on the toxicity side. > **Adding it to the old client would take resources that are a waste since they're re-doing the client now anyways.** > > Sure it'll fix it, cause most will be too awkward to talk trash on the comms to 4 real humans, most older than them. > It'll also get that 14 year old to focus on controlling his/her champ instead of typing trash. I don't think you quite understood my post, it already exists there it's just not enabled. They're not going to completely recode something they've already done, they'll optimize it and just dump it into the new client. I don't think that's the point though, the point is if something in the past was deemed too toxic to exist in league and is now in league (soonTM), they're original argument for introducing DQ was that it lowered toxicity. Doesn't make any sense tbh. You can move the goalposts and invent all sorts of new reasons why DQ is awesome and so and so, but that doesn't change why it originally came. It's kind of like saying "we're having ice cream because it's hot outside", then you find out it's not hot outside so now you're "having ice cream because it tastes good", then you find out the ice cream is garbage tier so now you're "having ice cream because it'll melt if you don't". You can invent reasons for years about why you're doing something after you're initially wrong, but when you're making decisions based on reasoning you can't retroactively change the reasoning without understanding fundamentally you were wrong.
: All soloq complainers leave game. "Dynamic queue is widely more popular since we fixed it, fewer people are against it and our work has been a huge success."
Thing is those of us who quit know it's the best option for one simple reason; The more solo's that leave their system, the more it falls apart and the issues become glaringly obvious. Queues get longer, more solos are subjected to crappy matchmaking that's built around finding the teams games, less overall fun playing the actual game itself. So if you don't like it, quit. I know me along with about 25 people on my friends list haven't even touched league in more than a month; we're more than happy to play on our ps4's or do actual things IRL. Riot doesn't hold a monopoly on fun or how you spend your time, just invest it into something that actually pays off.
: Good sht, and once they add voice chat most of us will stop asking for a completely separate queue because the premades we're with will actually hear what we would type instead of ignoring "jungle is botside" in the chat and going ham because they didn't read the warning.
> [{quoted}](name=LostFr0st,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HxBwEqtE,comment-id=00110000,timestamp=2016-07-05T18:11:44.575+0000) > > Good sht, and **once they add voice chat **most of us will stop asking for a completely separate queue because the premades we're with will actually hear what we would type instead of ignoring "jungle is botside" in the chat and going ham because they didn't read the warning. Oh, you mean the thing they added to PBE 2 seasons ago and promptly removed because it was "too toxic"? Yeah. That'll fix a lot. Being able to talk to 14 year olds who are upset that they over commit is totally going to get me to come back to this game, which will dilute the population of group queues with my solo presence. Oh, wait, it won't, because I play competitive games, not hello kitty plz boost me island.
: Anyone else's parent's get way too irrational over you playing League?
Honestly move out or deal with it. Your mom doesn't sound like she respects you as an adult to be quite frank with you. I couldn't imagine a situation where an adult told me they were committed to doing something else and they'd do what I asked after a brief wait where it would upset me, unless I didn't think they were going to do it. If I don't think someone is going to do something it's because I perceive them to be childish or lazy, neither of them are things I'd think of other adults. Maybe next year instead of going home pick up a summer job somewhere around your college campus and find a subleased apartment from someone who has a year lease but isn't there in the summer. Couldn't imagine living with that irrational fear of suddenly something is going to come up with no warning. Would tilt me off the face of the earth.
: This god damned Cho'gath player.
Translation: I was playing a game as a jungler, and despite my mid LB having fervor of battle and my top lane Cho furiously pinging that he wanted the CDR/AP boost from blue more than a LB that couldn't even set masteries I gave LB the blue anyway. Cho, understandably, got upset and decided to split push because he felt it was his best chance at winning. The enemy team couldn't 1v1 him, so while he drew 1v2's and 1v3's our team pushed hard and almost won. Instead of acknowledging what was happening, I kept yelling at cho the entire game and after we finally lost because we had fed a vayne and gotten to the late game point; my team reported Cho for no honestly good reason. Basically this thread could've been posted by the cho complaining about the idiots on his team that fed a vayne and were teamfighting in the enemy base instead of getting objectives and pushing to end it when they were at the nexus towers. Pretty much a perfect example of the league mentality behind "I'm always right and no one else's ideas ever work and god damnet my mom said I'm good so I'm better than you." The best part of complaint posts like this are if you see a guy just solo pushing and you want to be grouped, why not just go to him? Lmao. I never understood that logic, if he's obviously not going to group up with you go group up with him.
: I highly doubt it. I mean, let's be honest, no one is going to boost just to Gold. Theres noting to boost there. If you're going to pull someone up, then you may as well do it to atleast Platinum. Yes, there will be a few outliers, but those are far and few between.
Why boost higher than gold. Not like you get a whole lot more for being anything higher than gold anyway. And a mid gold player might've fallen from plat too, especially if they went 0/17 in a game.
: We want Solo Queue
Honestly just stop playing. Which sounds dumb, but the less solo's in the queue the more frustrating it is for those remaining, who will also stop playing. It's a cycle, it's naturally spiraling downward right now, but it could be much faster if more people would stop torturing themselves and stop using the system. Added benefit of the whole "we have stats to say more people are playing ranked than EVAR!" becoming less true too. I know I stopped awhile back, not like I'm missing much on this clown fiesta of a season anyway.
: > [{quoted}](name=xXEgoFaptorXx,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=eVUYGIqM,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2016-06-27T16:05:13.118+0000) > > Why would they need to Compensate players for the server being down? That's like an Amusement Park having a Roller coaster closed for repairs and people demanding Free Hot dogs as a Result. It doesn't work like that. A few threads have been saying GIVE US IP BOOSTS FOR SERVERS GOING DOWN I know it shouldn't work like that, but this is the League community. What do you expect.
It's probably a result of riot doing just that for the first few years of the game. People don't repeatedly ask for things they've never gotten before.
Ulvirion (EUW)
: League is dying
Let's ignore massive balance issues that have come up the last couple of years with league-of-dashes and this season everything possible having cool down reduction. Let's forget the whole "spend 3 seasons making the game less snowbally" and then making everything about this game from minions to towers snowbally. Ignore all of that making competitive insanely boring, because no one wants to give anyone an edge in the matches, and our own general gameplay experience being garbage. The real issue here is the more players like me, who had before this season played since before ranked, quit. The more solo queue players that leave, the more players that get stuck playing premades and the more frustrating it is for them. What do you when you're frustrated? You quit. This just goes on and on and on and the game dies more and more every day. Riot should've gotten on this right away, not waited like they are. Unbelievably arrogant, and it will probably cost them a lot long term, I know that even if solo queue came back today I wouldn't play; the other issues still exist. I'm too tired of any of those things existing to be bothered to come back.
Mandang0 (NA)
: Don't leave the game just to send a message - you're a drop in the sea that honestly won't go missed by Riot. Leave the game for your own sake if that's what you indeed want to do.
Leaving the game kills the dynamic queue, however slowly it does it, it kills it. The more solo players that leave, the more solo plays forced to play against premades. The more solo players that play against premades, the more solo players that quit. It's a cycle. By leaving as a result of dynamic queue, you're essentially ensuring that dynamic queue will fail. It's a death spiral, so if you don't like it leaving is a really good way to show that you don't. So despite what you might think of people openly saying they've quit, they're contributing to fixing something they hate. It's a really old form of protest, if not enough people are fed up with how crappy a system is because they don't feel it effects them, start removing people who are already at that point and more people get exposed to the crap more often and also remove themselves.
Rioter Comments
: From a systems perspective yeah, its idiotic. As an engineer DQ really pisses me off. As a player though, it really doesnt affect me, and thats whats important. Matchmaking was never great, and I don't see DQ variance making it noticeably worse. The offense people take with DQ seems to be "other people can get free wins even though it doesn't really impact me". I say let them have their fun. Theres nothing competitive about low elo and riot is changing the rules for diamond+ so... who cares if some silvers play together and hit gold? The skill difference isn't enough to ruin a game when they start playing solo and this has no impact on anyone who doesnt encounter them. The only argument is "rank is meaningless now". But you know you got diamond playing solo, and when you see somebody else with diamond you can assume they're probably not bronze. If someone didn't know DQ had been added and just started playing, they'd probably never notice the difference. As dumb as the system is, if it isnt actually impacting out games I don't see why we should care. That's as silly as being mad at riot for coding most things like a minion.
Personally I noticed an immediate drop in the quality of the games, and over time I stopped trying at all. It was the same feeling I got for queuing up in normal games. Once I realized I wasn't trying at all anymore, I stopped playing League all together. There actually is a pretty big difference in skill between tiers overall. There's a lot of garbage I'd gotten away with this year before quitting, like AP nasus mid, that I wouldn't of gotten away with in the upper gold-lower plat that I used to play in. Built into the system is a way for less skilled players, whether or not you're playing against them, to be in the game. They already made it super snowbally this season, it's only compounded by people who don't know how to play safe from behind because they're in way over their head. Also I'd venture a guess as to the more people like me who just give up on the game, the more premades solo's will run into. The stats will shift more and more in favor of groups, not less, as time goes on, which will spiral more people out of the queue and compound the issues further. It's what people were warning of and what was widely ignored. Riot even admitted the queue was trash for players, what was their wording at the round table? "Solo player experience has been shit"? It won't get better when more and more people get fed up and leave. I have no doubt that is across all tiers of play btw, not just the upper tiers; it's just that players don't have access to those particular stats, they had to datamine the stats on the top .3% of players to find anything meaningful that riot's been hiding all season. I genuinely loved this game for a long time, coming from the WC3 custom mod community doing mostly moba maps (AoS, DDS, Dota) so this game really hit home for what I when I wanted to play a couple of games in an hour or hour and a half. I even posted a ton about how much this hurts the game, it's kind of like leaving a piece of my teenage years behind, but an entire season like this is just unacceptable for a gaming company to expect to recover from. It's been over a month since their round table and still no changes, no word, nothing about the queue experience for solo players outside of the top .3% of players. Whether you notice it or not doesn't change how bad it is overall for the game's long term health. I know a lot of that post was ranty but I've been ranting all season and I hadn't ranted in a couple of weeks, so I apologize for that, but this literally disgusts me as someone who was actively involved in MOBA's way back.
: There was a lot going on in that thread and I had some problems with the analysis (the fact that it was mostly diamond+, where rito just changed the rules, makes it dubious especially). But even if you assume premade winrates are universally high, compound that with the probability of actually having to deal with them. I think it said 1/60 chance of going solos v 5, and you still have a 30% chance of winning. That means 7/600 games will be lost because of this situation. Add up the probabilities for the different cases and while it's a disgrace for a ranked ladder, its a drop in the bucket compared to the inherent bs of soloq that we've been handling just fine for years. So if you managed to enjoy soloq warts and all (and i did) DQ shouldn't be much different.
It doesn't matter what you run into yourself. There's a portion of the ladder that's winning at a significantly higher rate than their peers, and not because of anything they're individually doing. There's no competitive integrity there. If inherently grouping up gives you a significantly higher chance to win than individual skill or champion selection, what's the point of trying to get to the top of the ladder by yourself? Sure, you can, and sure you probably don't individually run into problems, but that doesn't change the fact that the ladder as a whole is contaminated with people who don't belong where they are simply because being in a larger group significantly improves your chances to win.
: There was a statistics thread a couple of days ago. While it wasnt perfect, it did prove that 5 man teams are pretty rare. The average solos vs solos game is probably going to be a mess because thats how this game is. Premades are just a drop in the bucket but they're easier to get offended by.
That's what you took from that stats thread? Because I think the 60%+ winrates for all games that involved larger groups (3+ man queue) vs smaller groups was the thing I took away from that. Kind of defeats the purpose of queuing up without being in a 3 man or larger group.
: >Can you tell me the exact difference between normal games and ranked games right now? Sure. One of them is ranked, and one is unranked. >Besides one shows you your rating and one doesn't, what's the difference? ... >If you fundamentally understand how matchmaking works, you know that your normal games already had a rating; riot just chose not to show it to you. Right. But that ranking is invisible and doesn't matter. Because it's unranked. The difference in terms of how you play them is in player perception. Players should try their hardest to win in ranked. They should do things they really think will work. There are _expectations_ of people. Everybody goes into it knowing that they are trying to win, and so are their opponents. There isn't a huge, quantifiable change in normals. League is a competitive game in any mode simply because there is always a winning team and a losing team. But the difference is that normals shouldn't be _as_ serious as ranked. It's fine if you want to try out new champions, or builds, new roles, or new strats in normals, because winning and losing doesn't affect your rank. So this is where you can prepare for ranked (because as you say, they are pretty similar) in an environment that isn't ranked. You've shown that you KNOW the difference. Whether or not that difference _matters_ to you is another story. It's not up to me to tell you what's important for you. If you care about your rank, then play ranked. If you want to still play League but under less stressful conditions, play normals. If you play normals just as seriously as you play ranked, then why not just play ranked?
> [{quoted}](name=OneSmoothDude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lTWgRzE4,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-12T06:25:18.763+0000) > > Sure. One of them is ranked, and one is unranked. > > ... > > Right. But that ranking is invisible and doesn't matter. Because it's unranked. > > The difference in terms of how you play them is in player perception. Players should try their hardest to win in ranked. They should do things they really think will work. There are _expectations_ of people. Everybody goes into it knowing that they are trying to win, and so are their opponents. At this point you're ignoring the fact that the queues are the same. Completely. You've cherry picked what you're quoting to try to craft an argument that it's psychological, that somehow showing the rating even though everyone knew it existed changes the play. But let's not dwell on this here, let's see what else you have to say. > **There isn't a huge, quantifiable change in normals. **League is a competitive game in any mode simply because there is always a winning team and a losing team. But the difference is that normals shouldn't be _as_ serious as ranked. It's fine if you want to try out new champions, or builds, new roles, or new strats in normals,** because winning and losing doesn't affect your rank**. So this is where you can prepare for ranked (because as you say, they are pretty similar) in an environment that isn't ranked. So, here's the deal, you acknowledged my point twice using two different meanings here. First, you acknowledged that the game modes themselves are essentially the same; there's no quantifiable change in normals. Then you forgot that there is a rating system in normals and say you could prepare for ranked in normals where losing doesn't change your rank. > **You've shown that you KNOW the difference.** Whether or not that difference _matters_ to you is another story. It's not up to me to tell you what's important for you.** If you care about your rank, then play ranked. **If you want to still play League but under less stressful conditions, play normals. If you play normals just as seriously as you play ranked, then why not just play ranked? I don't know if you actually read what I wrote with this paragraph. I never said anything about stress, I don't care about 90% of what you wrote there, it has nothing to do with me. It's just more crafting of an argument of psychology. Things people lost so that two identical queues could exist; 1. The ability to play on a level playing field, with easy well balanced match making. 2. The ability to feel like you had an impact on every one of your games, as if every game there was something individually you could do to impact it. 3. The ability to choose which style of play you preferred, then pursue it. You didn't have to always be in the "stressful" environment of being the fifth in a group of 5 players, 4 of which queued up together. You didn't always have to be on a team of 4 other individuals against a team of a full premade. You had an opt out. Essentially, the point you missed is, it doesn't matter if they show you your rating. It's two identical queues. It's not a massive impact on your psych to show you your normal rating, it exists and you're aware of it, and it's not a massive impact on your psych to award you end of the season rewards. The "new queue" isn't anything new, it exists and has existed for 7 years. If this was the direction they wanted to go they could've easily just revamped the normal queue itself to fit a system that is the same, outside of showing your rating, instead of replacing a functioning ladder and upsetting the portion of the community that they're depending on to make their new queue work. I'm more than aware of what I know, you don't have to tell me bud.
: Downvotes are a system used to push content down to the bottom of the page so other summoners don't have to see it. Whether it's spam and not related to the thread, it's toxic, it's a link to a bad website, it's horrible advice that shouldn't be listened to, etc. Nami is legit just trying to help give an answer. I understand why you wouldn't upvote it; because you think it's an obvious answer so people shouldn't see it at the top and know everyone agrees that it's important. But why the hell downvote someone for trying to be helpful? Maybe I just see thew downvote/upvote system differently than everyone else, but I can never fathom why people downvote certain things. I'm not even bashing you, I was just curious
*Shrug* Maybe I'd just like to use the upvote/downvote system to move the reply that I don't find relevant to the thread's general theme to the bottom of the thread, where someone who was truly baffled by what happened could investigate and figure it out. I don't feel like that's really unreasonable. Just like I don't think it's unreasonable that someone downvoted me for being honest, or upvoted you for just talking. That's just the life of the forums, upvotes and downvotes sometimes work in mysterious ways. My intention on pointing out I wasn't a smurf was to see how many other people would do the same; only because nami said something about smurf accounts were the culprets. Nothing against Nami, just not a fan of those kinds of statements.
: Just wondering... Why did you downvote Nami? Like, I'm not mad or anything but I'm confused. It seems Nami gave a good explanation and people are downvoting them for it.
Mostly because that's obviously what happened. I'm understanding the thread as having the point that it shouldn't happen at all. Seems like a pretty worthless post in that context.
: Don't worry about it. A 2 minute investigation shows there are a lot of smurfs of a single account here :3
I downvoted you and I'm not a smurf and I don't hate riot. I'm curious if the other people would admit the same.
: > [{quoted}](name=jaymc1130,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I60ub8Pj,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2016-06-07T15:47:55.117+0000) > > Of course it does... It shows we care enough about the state of the game to contribute to its development and to the community that participates in playing it. It shows we care MORE than an average person about this game. That we are the "hardcore" players. And this is the EXACT type of player that Riot specifically says the game is for in posts like the one by Rioter Tryndamere. Yes... But if you look at there account and they have 2 posts there entire account, you come off less than another that has been here for a while diving into posts and discussing. Showing care doesn't stop/start when you want, It is a full time thing and I don't think people realize that. Not saying you specifically, but I see people post threads on random complaints and that is there first post... Like... You really care about this game and only now you having a problem. I have to call bs.
Personally my forum account has been used for 3 things: 1. Meme'd before the new boards about the type of people you run/ran into in ranked. 2. Argued against Lyte/Wookie when tribunal came out (and didn't give you a reason for a ban, just told you the ban was by the tribunal). I explained that in a free/just world the protection of being told what crime you're being/have been tried for is essential to protect innocent people from being guilty. Eventually they came around and you got punishment-reports. (Also argued against it existing at all after punishment-reports turned out to show very little leniency in perma-bans, a few of which were reverted publicly by riot. Another thing that went away.) 3. This normal-queue-ranked-garbage system. While I get that people with accounts with like no posts are suspicious; at the same time you can't blame people for making a new forum account to come discuss this. It's pretty awful. I can't think of anything since I started playing that's upset as many people as this, every day half of the new trending topics are about it. And it's been like that for 6 months. And I started before ranked even existed on this game. I wouldn't doubt that many people who have never posted would make new accounts to post.
: Being the random with a 4-man can be a pretty terrible experience for a solo player. I guess he or she was unable to suffer through the game without lashing out. An unfortunate situation for everyone involved.
Particularly if said female friend was playing support and the random was playing with her in bot lane depending on her to not absolutely crush his game experience.
: I don't think I've ever heard anyone say before the DQ fiasco that they legitimately thought Solo Q was a good system. I've only heard complaints about how it needed to be fixed. also, don't use a blame your teammates argument. even if it was consistently the case, that's a problem with matchmaking, not Dynamic Q itself
People complained mostly that it was solo/duo and not just straight solo. If anyone complained about the queue itself it was because they were in "ELO HELL" and couldn't climb and wanted something to blame.
: Can I have the link? I don't want to step on anyone's toes. This literally just happened to me.
He was dank memeing. Joke on how this shit happens all the time.
Elikain (EUNE)
: And you understood that he shared his insight on what actually goes on in Riot and how they approach things because he's Riot's President and not an official explanation or an excuse, right?
> [{quoted}](name=Elikain,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Y37ZrRI7,comment-id=00020001000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-06T23:20:18.176+0000) > > And you understood that he shared his insight on what actually goes on in Riot and how they approach things because he's Riot's President and **not an official explanation or an excuse, right?** So what is the point of agreeing with the reply that you initially condescended on again? Like, did you really feel that was the necessary?
mirAcIe (EUW)
: Universal-Comprehensive Solution To Dynamic Queue Problems Without Splitting The Playerbase
Ayy people are finally getting what I've been saying for weeks now. There has been 6 seasons where we had this queue and people could escape it by going to ranked mode, it was called normals. At no point of time will any changes they make to it alter the fact that it's just the normal queue with rankings plopped ontop of it. As a player did you honestly care who you were matched up against in normal games? What ranking they were on the ladder? Sure was a competitive environment pre-season1 til the end of s5.
: Will I be jealous at the guy that got his Ferrari from his parents or am I proud that I worked for my VW? aka The skill counts, not the border
Once again, it doesn't matter if you don't know where it came from, just that they have it. Unless you play with someone who's been boosted, you have no clue. So you wouldn't know his parents bought him that Ferrari unless you were at the dealership or he told you.
: As opposed to this constant rumor based upon literally no evidence?
The problem with that is Riot is owned by a company that has share holders and it's in those shareholders best interest for Riot to be worth as much money as possible. Telling people how big of an audience you have increases your value; you'd only hide those numbers if they were a loss. Maybe China has different laws, but certainly in the US the corporation itself has to make decisions that benefit the shareholders the most. So from a business standpoint that looks like total bullshit. Maybe Tencant doesn't push Riot to be worth as much as possible, but that is terribly unlikely. ------ It is however most likely that Trynd is referring to the total number of accounts, which naturally would grow, because even banned accounts don't get deleted. So people who are frequently banned, account leveling services, ect, all contribute to inflating the number of league accounts.
: The second point is an overused (and pointless) argument. True ranked players play to compete against somewhat equally skilled enemies (is it opponents or oponents?). **Now what's worth more to you?** Getting to platinum 5 due to your own skill and effort (in a lot of games) or get carried to platinum 5 relatively fast? The ELO boost argument is only one thing: unjustified jealousy. I respect a Bronze 3 player more than i respect a boosted Diamond 5 (with the skills of a potato 10)
But how exactly are you to tell the difference between a bronze 3 player or a boosted diamond 5 player next season, after they've been given the rewards? I feel like you kind of just called people jealous without understand why people get the boost in the first place. Odds are you'll never play with the person who was boosted; but you'll see all the fancy stuff riot gave them for getting to that boosted rank.
Elikain (EUNE)
: You do know who Marc "Tryndamere" Merrill is, right?
He literally says in that blog post things not said on the official riot website aren't official riot statements. You read and understood the blog right?
: How dynamic queue can be fixed.
So basically instead of ranked normal queue, you want to replace it with solo/duo/trio queue which completely defeats what riot is trying to do. It's cool, you're trying to bandaid their broken stuff, but at that point you might as well just go back to what works and change original normal queue to "normal queue+ (DQ)" and give dudes rewards for playing normals; instead of making a ranked normal ladder and removing the original ranked ladder that built up their game and esport franchise.
: > Riot has said that as long as dynamic queue is getting played and is functional that they will not release soloq. I hope you have a source, because I have not found _anything_ to that point. The closest was Tryndamere's post which stated that they would re-release solo queue if it was the best option. So Dynamic queue, which by the way, is nowhere near the last step or final design, failing may not even mean the release of solo queue. And it's success may not be the death of it either. So what this would do is ruin something that could pay off in the long run. Edit: Forgot my sources (like someone else *cough cough*) http://tryndamere.blogspot.com/2016/06/the-tldr-on-solo-queue-vs-dynamic-queue.html > Regarding Dynamic Queue vs. Solo queue, the bottom line is this: we believe we can create a competitive League of Legends experience where you can play with friends in ranked play and have deep ways to measure and compare individual skill on a relative basis with other players. We know we haven't accomplished the individual skill part yet with the current implementation of Dynamic Queue. We are working on many different things to accomplish this, not simply trying to improve dynamic queue. We think the real solution we are going for is far broader than that and requires multiple other systems. In other words, Dynamic Queue is a start, not the end state. This will take us some time to keep iterating through and developing all of the complimentary features, but we believe in the teams vision and capabilities to make this happen. And > And guess what? If we're wrong and the stuff we're working on to improve dynamic queue and ranked doesn't work out the way we think it will, we'll re-evaluate and bring solo queue back IF it is the best solution. The team set the right expectation with the message of "not bringing solo queue back" because we don't think we will need to. But we'd rather "get to the right answer" for players than "be right" and we'll be quite OK with eating crow and backtracking if we can't deliver the even greater outcome that we think we are hoping for. So the end result may be that we would have both, or only one. But you people are way too quick to judge.
> [{quoted}](name=The Last Ballad,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Y37ZrRI7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-06-05T18:25:56.439+0000) > > I hope you have a source, because I have not found _anything_ to that point. The closest was Tryndamere's post which stated that they would re-release solo queue if it was the best option. So Dynamic queue, which by the way, is nowhere near the last step or final design, failing may not even mean the release of solo queue. And it's success may not be the death of it either. So what this would do is ruin something that could pay off in the long run. > Did you not watch the video? Just curious. Because twice they said almost exactly what you quoted then rambled on about. Tryndamere's blog is just what his own blog describes, his personal feelings of the situation, not an actual representation of what the company feels. The round table video is an official Riot production, linked several times through Riot to get players to see. I don't think you quite fully grasped trynd's blog.
Spuky (NA)
: "Dynamic Boost" is a better name for DQ
Dynamic Normal queue. Same thing as normal queue from the last 6 seasons (including pre-season 1), just with ranking and rewards at the end of the season. Does riot really think that people only played ranked because of the rewards? Apparently they do.
: I'll wait until Riot ACTUALLY does something instead of saying "We're fixing it! We're fixing it!" and do nothing but continue saying that for months on end with no signs of results.
Hey! It's only been half a year of a system that they openly admit is broken. Obviously if it's not good they'll pull it, in good time. /s
: How does this have 140+ likes? > I feel like these boards need to start calming down about DQ. I know it sucks. We know it sucks. Riot knows it sucks. But we have to consider they are working really hard to do right by us as the players. Orrrrrr they could just let the players chose how they want to play the game by implementing both, as they originally promised. but what do i know? Integrity? Dafuq is that Fuck riot's direction. No seriously They're a multi billion dollar company, repeating the same mistakes that other games have (which caused their demise) and we're supposed to feel sorry for them? And what's even worse, how is it that a company that makes so much money be this fucking disorganized? > You can disagree with Dynamic Queue. Riot doesn't like where it is, either. But for we as a community, let's please consider that Riot are just as much gamers as we are. Gamers who are representatives of a multi-billion dollar company, who fail at communicating, tell flat out lies and half-truths, and fail at keeping the people happy by force-feeding them something they dont want to play - all the whiole slowly removing player choice, and methods of play over the last 2 years. I understand you want to humanize them, but in doing that you also have to realize what this is. Blind, blatant Hubris. they're overzealous and overconfident in their ability to "change the game for future generations" Which makes 0 sense since their game was NEVER fully corrected. - for the past 5 years they've been asked to add a custom, practice [sandbox] mode and said "no we dont wanna" other Mobas have this they've been asked to do something about being unaware of your own crashing and no response. theyve been asked to make AFKing less of an issue espically in ranked play (Something like Dota's 5 minutes safe to leave system) they didnt do anything They've been asked to fix the new player experience, their response was lessening the price on noobtrap runes without making them any less of a noobtrap. They've been asked to bring back the tribunal, a system that worked well except for how long unishments took. their response still is "ehhhh maybe someday" they've been asked to fix that god forsaken Divsionary Promo system that is the very reason people believe Elo hell exists.... and they just now made them slightly less frustrating (though still completely arbitrary - why do we need them?) Theyve been asked to impliment voice chat with an easy to mute system and they say "nahh" theyve been asked to allow reports before the game starts, so openly toxic (not people picking out of meta) trolls can be punished so you dont have to dodge and they recieve 0 punishment. Theyve been asked to fix their game. Instead of fixing and perfecting their game, they instead decide to try and make the game a generational sport without actually fixing ANY of those flaws. And instead of being fallible people and just saying "look ok, we fucked up, we'll revert the changes to queues but keep new champion select and look at that feedback, they say "You think you do, but you dont - we here at riot cant possibly be fallible" Their system which is so inhgerently broken, and something NOBODY wanted. Who on earth thought to themselves _Hmm I wish i could play ranked as a 5 man team on the exact same ladder as solo people._ nobody. and all they had to do, was just impliment solo queue and let the player decide but they didnt. And after so many instances of failed communication and bullheadedness did you really expect people to be kind to them? Fuck that, we as consumers have every right to voice dissatisfaction at a product. It's not unfair, it's just a straw that broke the camel's back, though in this instance, instead of a straw they put a full log on top. Perhaps if riot concentrated on delivering a top quality product instead of catering to Esports, and other things that are privilleges of being a well-oiled machine of a good game. It's in another post: cardnal rule of game design "dont force players to have fun the way you want them too" in any other game with a meta, the players dictate that meta, in this game, riot tries to dictate the meta because Poppa Rito knows best apparently. > Dynamic Queue is shooting for the stars. Let's wait and see if we hit the moon. And we all know what happened to Icarus when he got too close to the sun (which is a star). It happened because of his own hubris as well. Looks like Riot's wings are melting, just as his.
For 6 seasons now we've had a queue where there was no option to go in solo, and you could be matched up with 4 players and/or against 5 players playing with each other. The only difference between this and the normal queues is it shows your rank and gives you rewards. Just keep that in mind any time you feel sorry for riot, no matter what they do this is ranked normal queue and they took out ranked solo play. - I don't get why people downvote the guys who actually take time to try to reason out why DQ isn't good. It's so awkward.
Show more

Steven Mcburn

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion