: Preseason Performance: Safest Champions Perform Best
Yeah and I should clarify that by "safer", I also mean more reliable.
Rioter Comments
: I'll go ahead and say it, FUCK RNG IN A COMPETITIVE ONLINE GAME.
scuttler's timer is way too low (and also forces you to estimate instead of a direct timer pressing Tab) to be considered not RNG dragon spawns are also RNG
: RIP Taliyah JG
at least she never took dark harvest she's butchered less than many of the other meta junglers
: Are you implying the current Dark Harvest has a mastery curve beyond "collect the glowy ball, then hit someone?"
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FOKxRnZj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-13T20:50:00.285+0000) > > Are you implying the current Dark Harvest has a mastery curve beyond "collect the glowy ball, then hit someone?" Yes, it absolutely does. There is a ton of thought into utilizing that optimally. You can reduce anything that way. Basketball is just a bunch of people throwing a ball in a hoop. There were dozens and dozens of optimizations in teamfight, pathing, backing, planning, positioning etc. to utilize DH optimally. It actually has the HIGHEST mastery curve of any rune in the entire game bar none. I'm not saying it's hard to grasp the concept of it or to utilize it to a basic level but it absolutely is not easy to use DH to its full potential. There are countless things a good DH user will do that you have no idea about... even seemingly tiny things like ganking on cannon waves or backing next to a dying cannon. It also used to work on turrets and had way more versatility. I've tried the new one. It's HORRIBLE. It does not feel fun or satisfying in the least. Its scaling is pathetic. In its current iteration, I wouldn't use it on pretty much any champion and in any role. Worst of all, even if it were in a good state, it still feels like a pathetically simple and mind numbingly mundane rune. You basically just do what you alyways did and don't think twice. You're still not going to int for stacks and take bad fights. If ahead, you get further ahead. If behind, you get further behind with almost no benefit from this rune since you'd lose even faster if you tried to get stacks taking fights. It's absolutely terrible and I feel robbed. The old DH was actually interesting. I remember how many times I dodged specifically towards DH stacks, ran towards cannon waves knowign their AoE would kill it or even pounced on a jungler right before scuttler would die so I could get double procs. The new one is hot garbage. They removed all the skill from it and punisehed its core users. I'm OK with DH being nerfed slightly if it truly needs it but they shouldn't remove the stacking game and butcher its mastery curve. It's barely even a late game rune anymore. If DH is actually being useful, you probably already would have won the game.
: Will there be a Dr.Mundo rework next year?
hope not his kit has more skill than you realize not saying it's very high up there but he's certainly a lot harder than Garen
Rioter Comments
: HORRIBLE QUALITY GAMES FOR THE LAST WEEK
Yes, but apart from the absolute dogshit quality games (stomp or stomped), it's a real revelation to me that probably over 5% of players are boosted to their ELO (or at least of the ones playing towards the end).
Rioter Comments
: 3 full offensive items and 2 bruiser items isn't tank anything. A Spirit Visage doesn't make you a tank. Now. If he'd gone {{item:3065}} {{item:3047}} {{item:3742}} {{item:3748}} {{item:3022}} {{item:3143}} Something like that for a build, you might have a point on tank Yi. Because when Atma's was a thing and he just gained up to 105 AD from his E, this type of tank Yi was a thing.
> [{quoted}](name=ZerglingOne,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EJcvPQQE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-09T03:56:40.877+0000) > > 3 full offensive items and 2 bruiser items isn't tank anything. > > A Spirit Visage doesn't make you a tank. > > Now. If he'd gone {{item:3065}} {{item:3047}} {{item:3742}} {{item:3748}} {{item:3022}} {{item:3143}} > > Something like that for a build, you might have a point on tank Yi. Because when Atma's was a thing and he just gained up to 105 AD from his E, this type of tank Yi was a thing. considering he has ravenous, challenging smite, pd has damage reduction, sterak's is massive, bc has hp etc. and he can tank 4 people at nearly full items enough to wipe them all out, it's "tank" regardless of build he's literally harder to kill than a full tank sion as long as he's autoing cut the ignorant crap and try facing it in a game or run some math on it. don't give me your nonsense about gold/silver yis. try facing a good one. we had multiple carries full combo him (even without his W) and he would live only to then heal up into a quadra etc. we weren't even behind as a team. this was with us being actually slightly ahead with a baron buff. it's completely broken. no champion should have that little counterplay just because they reached their max build. you can't stop the split and you can't teamfight. it's just dumb. he has 70% win rate in near diamond elo and the only games he loses are basically all stomps where his team got destroyed early (we also won early but our support dived and Yi got ahead). so what is the "skill" there?... pretty much just accepting you have less early influence and hoping to farm to a free win later. but by free, I mean literally nearly uncounterable and impossible to stop if you don't have the perfect comp. ... such as Jax top, Braum Support, etc. I would be more OK with it if he could at least be bursted by 2 carries but NOPE. it's super safe while outdpsing anyone on our team. that level of damage is not at all balanced and like I said, CC was not enough to stop him (plus, he can dodge with Q or tank more with W). there isn't a single champion in the game that can do that level of BS damage with so much safety... simply facetanking our team. jax is good late but it's not even close to that. we could certainly have stopped a jax. fiora's damage isn't as quick either. I have never faced a single champion that seemed so busted late game due to the combo of survivability and damage (killing our teammates in 2-3 seconds while almost ignoring our damage).
Rioter Comments
DreamyBoy75 (EUNE)
: Target Champs Only
It stays on without you having to keep it pressed.
: Lol so like attack-move on champions That would make ADC the easiest role overnight
> [{quoted}](name=LaserDeathBlade,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wEAotcy5,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-08-26T08:08:25.509+0000) > > Lol so like attack-move on champions > > That would make ADC the easiest role overnight No, it doesn't work like that. You still have to click the champion. It's already possible if you press both keys but it's not very smooth.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: 35% WR Silver in Plat game
he must have been duod
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 15
I think the ADC buffs are a bit overkill and I don't like that they also lead to even more powerful late games for Twitch and Vayne. The issue wasn't their late game. It was getting there. The meta is still fluid. It's too early to make significant buffs. Although, I really don't appreciate Corki being left in a weak state for months on end (even before the ADC changes and with so much feedback that the base AD nerfs are too much for a Sheen ADC who has nothing but damage). That's not OK and it's why people even get paranoid when their favorite champions get buffed. They expect that at some point it will lead to a nerf and then they'll be forgotten for months (often leaving them in a worse state than they were initially). This happens so often that it has become a meme. The other thing is that shut down gold being available earlier will encourage a more safe playstyle where people are afraid to make a mistake and are less proactive. I think you should look at turrets instead. They are not the big objectives they should be. The game no longer has a late and large parts of the roster are unviable because of it. The gap between S tier and the rest is enormous for basically every role and part of that is that you only get to play 1/3 or 2/3 of League game (if you get lucky to have an actually close mid game). It's not so much that the champions are weak, as it is that this meta isn't good. Games feel very coin flip because you rarely have a chance for a full game. Climbing is more about game selecting and comps than ever before. I think match making is really poor quality atm. Adding more randomness and removing important information for junglers (knowing exact scuttler spawn location) only worsens the strategic element of the game and makes players less willing to take your game seriously even if they continue to play it a lot. It's alienating a lot of players who were attracted to League because they viewed it as a complex strategic game. Instead, they are being given gimmicks and RNG elements which add nothing positive. Even if you want the scuttler's spawn to be randomized, why not make the location known ahead of time so it can more actively influence decision making and not feel like a "oh I just got lucky to be on the right side" type of thing? It's entirely different from camps because you don't need spawn timers on camps to know what will respawn and where.
SirPurrr (NA)
: Everyone Has a Dash - EKKO Issues with W
Ekko hasn't been meta for the whole season. It's expected that his weak. Mains stick to him because of how much they invested into him and because he's fun. Ekko has a lot of outplay options and they can compensate a lot with skill but inherently, he's not strong right now.
: Please remove Pyke's line "Did I support right?" It's super cringe, meta enforcing and takes one out of the game's immersion/thinking about being Pyke the champion while playing and so on. I think this is the worst line I've ever seen in this game. It takes you completely out of the moment. It's not even something that the character would say. It sounds like a designer congratulating himself "we made an assassin support guys! look at us!" That's great and all if it actually functions but it shouldn't be a voiceover. It's so forced and inconsistent.
> [{quoted}](name=astralwit,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=EQ6VnjTH,comment-id=004b,timestamp=2018-05-30T18:02:45.702+0000) > > Please remove Pyke's line "Did I support right?" It's super cringe, meta enforcing and takes one out of the game's immersion/thinking about being Pyke the champion while playing and so on. I think this is the worst line I've ever seen in this game. It takes you completely out of the moment. > > It's not even something that the character would say. It sounds like a designer congratulating himself "we made an assassin support guys! look at us!" That's great and all if it actually functions but it shouldn't be a voiceover. It's so forced and inconsistent. broke my cringe meter
: What happened to the machete compensation buffs? And why. Just why.
> [{quoted}](name=The Archive,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=EQ6VnjTH,comment-id=007c,timestamp=2018-05-31T03:25:42.504+0000) > > What happened to the machete compensation buffs? And why. Just why. so many champs got nothing
Sonber (NA)
: Something Is Actually Wrong With Solo Queue
I think the shut down gold changes may not have been good after all. I was looking forward to them but it's just kind of RNG and frequently not about skill anyway.
Rioter Comments
: The game should be called Coinflip Legends.
picking positions lead to even more specialization and thus lower quality games when they don't get their position/reduced general understanding
: I watched every single LCS game this split and every single MSI all on vod. There were literally two games that made me butt clench. The one FNC v RNG game and the other was uh... 100T v TL I think? The only, ONLY one time in spring split during NA LCS i was like 'yo that was sick' was Dardochs sejuani ult flash predict and I'm not sure what game that even was. I've been saying this for THREE EFFING YEARS. When you increase upfront damage, time to kill is shorter, and you have less opportunities for skill expression. Normals are the worst quality, one sided stomp fests in 4 seasons. I haven't touched ranked this season and probably wont. LCS is boring to watch. But why bother? This is the current dev team that shipped Zoe and didn't expect AP Galio buffs to be total bullshit. Have you seen Spear on PBE? Anyone who plays this game knows that item is going to be disgusting. The problem solving at the current state of the game is 'Throw damage at it to fix it'.
> [{quoted}](name=LegitBusinessman,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3EnYy1Bm,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-05-25T04:01:46.039+0000) > > I watched every single LCS game this split and every single MSI all on vod. There were literally two games that made me butt clench. The one FNC v RNG game and the other was uh... 100T v TL I think? The only, ONLY one time in spring split during NA LCS i was like 'yo that was sick' was Dardochs sejuani ult flash predict and I'm not sure what game that even was. > > I've been saying this for THREE EFFING YEARS. When you increase upfront damage, time to kill is shorter, and you have less opportunities for skill expression. > > Normals are the worst quality, one sided stomp fests in 4 seasons. I haven't touched ranked this season and probably wont. LCS is boring to watch. > > But why bother? This is the current dev team that shipped Zoe and didn't expect AP Galio buffs to be total bullshit. Have you seen Spear on PBE? Anyone who plays this game knows that item is going to be disgusting. The problem solving at the current state of the game is 'Throw damage at it to fix it'. this is true, good points drawn out fights offer more skill expression, although they also favor ADCs more
: I can't tell if this is for LCS, or for casuals
I thought the shut down gold change was good but in the end, I think it's more RNG. I'm not so convinced anymore.
Phenova (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wobarachi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wFEvNyLc,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-24T03:12:38.170+0000) > > Ok, so I just played WW on this patch and I know he's still fine compared to other jgs but it feels awful. Normally, I used to level 3 invade, pressure lanes etc. Now, the role feels skillless and boring. I'm so outclassed by lanes early that I can't even do much. I'm level 4 when lanes are 6 even when I've taken one scuttler and farmed the whole game on WW. Also, without early pressure leading to kills and less ambient gold, it's really hard to even get Tiamat for better farming. > > I think the only reason some jgs are still above 50% winrate is that the whole role is awful but you still need a jg. Thus, some will be better or worse than the rest even if they are all garbage. It's truly shocking to me just how bad it feels and how weak it seems on a champion like WW. With WW, I used to be able to utilize the early game seriously but now even invading is very risky level 2 and since I'm so underlevelled, it also means I can't duel laners or do anything if I get caught. It's just pathetically bad. I feel all jg can do now is powerfarm if lanes don't overextend or you dion't pick level 2 jgs. You can't play jg with no map influence. You're just coinflipping then and not able to utilize your understanding of lane matchups or pathing so much. > > Verdict: I'm just not playing the game anymore till they fix this role. It's massively underpowered compared to lanes and I think the non-powerfarm champs actually suffer the most. Yes, you can duel at scuttler and maybe take it over but you can't use your strong early as effectively. I used to be able to take over a game on some early champs but now lanes are just too strong. I think JG absolutely needs level 3 after 3 camps to utilize skill/understanding/game knowledge. If you remove that, why bother playing the role? That's critical for game influence. Even if you nerf something for jg at some other point, level 3 is just necessary or you feel totally handicapped to use your skill. Normally, you could 3 camp in VARIOUS routes thinking about where you wanted to be for a counter, who to focus on early etc. You could go top or mid or invade. Killing jg early game removes everything interesting and rewarding about the role. What are we then? Just farming simulators? PvE all game? No interaction? The whole idea of jg as a strategic role was exactly to have the most game knowledge and know where to be on the map, how to most effectively influence lanes etc. It feels like half the skill is stripped away. I guess if you play Kayn, Graves and some other ones maybe it's fine since you farm fast and hit level 7. It just seems like an awful change though because it's actually reducing the viability of many other jg champs and styles. > > Graves is the only one that feels alright because he can just auto with red buff and clear forever. His ganks were already not the best so he's fine with just farming. Powerfarming is not exactly the highest skill intensive style though or as interesting/fun. I like it sometimes for counterjunglers but I don't think the meta should be so pushed in this direction. > > However, these changes just seem to completely kill level 3 junglers and make jungle super lane dependent not only because of the scuttler but because of the ridiculous level disparity. Unless you're playing a farm jungler, it's just not even fun. It's so ridiculously weak. The mid who roamed half the game has 2 levels on me. If my laner lost, I am also so weak that I can't do much. I feel like it's out of my control and many laners can just 1v2 np now. Well i'm pretty sure you didnt even try to adapt the jungle change, Krug reward you shit tons of xp, and most of jungle i face dont even take them. I will give you a tips, get Krug and clear your jungle frequently in early, so camp can lvl up. Scuttler isnt even worth fighting for in early (the first 2 or 3 scuttles) and dont try to get it if you : - dont have priority on your lane - dont have the upper hand 1v1 - dont have enough vision Globally you get less xp in early (5 first minutes) then you get shit tons of xp, at 10min marks i'm at the same lvl than my solo laner if not ahead. TL:DR : ADAPT YOUR JUNGLE PATH/STYLE
> [{quoted}](name=Phenova,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wFEvNyLc,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-05-25T10:17:54.862+0000) > > Well i'm pretty sure you didnt even try to adapt the jungle change, Krug reward you shit tons of xp, and most of jungle i face dont even take them. > I will give you a tips, get Krug and clear your jungle frequently in early, so camp can lvl up. > Scuttler isnt even worth fighting for in early (the first 2 or 3 scuttles) and dont try to get it if you : > - dont have priority on your lane > - dont have the upper hand 1v1 > - dont have enough vision > > Globally you get less xp in early (5 first minutes) then you get shit tons of xp, at 10min marks i'm at the same lvl than my solo laner if not ahead. > > TL:DR : ADAPT YOUR JUNGLE PATH/STYLE the point is that some junglers are hardly relevant at 10+ minutes and depend on level 3 spikes
: Sorry but jg is STILL the singel most impactful role.
> [{quoted}](name=RobSensation,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wFEvNyLc,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-05-24T19:43:26.331+0000) > > Sorry but jg is STILL the singel most impactful role. literally the worst role right now
: before this season ever since i started playing junglers used to be behind in levels. But hey I only played 1 jungle game on 8.10 and as if that wasn't bad enough it wasn't even ranked, so i guess i've never jungled before. So let's get this straight most of what i said is plain wrong? What a nice argument. It's safe to assume you agree with the following then?: - I guess i was just trippin for most of the time i played league and junglers were ahead in exp all this time, i just didn't notice untill this season. - Junglers SHOULD decide the whole game. - If you can't 2v1 someone it's because you're a sad weak jungler and not cuz you fucked up. - Doing Scuttle wasn't needed before. - Junglers weren't overbearing as hell All in all you don't have to "relearn jungle" you're still just playing pve half the time, and other than that you need to learn pathing. This isn't the jungle i wish it was, i'd love to be able to play leo jungle again but that was pretty ihard before the scuttle changes already. Your meta shifted and now you're just looking for an excuse for your 34% winrate. sorry if your favourite role isn't broken anymore but i'm just glad i actually get to win my own lane again.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wFEvNyLc,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2018-05-24T18:18:45.234+0000) > > before this season ever since i started playing junglers used to be behind in levels. But hey I only played 1 jungle game on 8.10 and as if that wasn't bad enough it wasn't even ranked, so i guess i've never jungled before. > > So let's get this straight most of what i said is plain wrong? > What a nice argument. > It's safe to assume you agree with the following then?: > > - I guess i was just trippin for most of the time i played league and junglers were ahead in exp all this time, i just didn't notice untill this season. > - Junglers SHOULD decide the whole game. > - If you can't 2v1 someone it's because you're a sad weak jungler and not cuz you fucked up. > - Doing Scuttle wasn't needed before. > - Junglers weren't overbearing as hell > > All in all you don't have to "relearn jungle" you're still just playing pve half the time, and other than that you need to learn pathing. > This isn't the jungle i wish it was, i'd love to be able to play leo jungle again but that was pretty ihard before the scuttle changes already. Your meta shifted and now you're just looking for an excuse for your 34% winrate. > > sorry if your favourite role isn't broken anymore but i'm just glad i actually get to win my own lane again. junglers have never decided a game unless laners let them if you think about their pathing, ward properly (especially deep wards early), you have no excuse the jg only seemed OP because players were incompetent... in competitive most of their junglers are supporty style exactly because of how hard it is to carry from the jg these days
: GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER ON BALANCE - S TIER CHAMPS ARE FAR TOO OPPRESSIVE
too many champs listed bound to annoy people wanting to hold onto their freelo (some even delude themselves into thinking it's all just their skill and not the fact that they're picking oppressive god tier champs)
: The 'Leveling Bots' problem needs to stop
botted accounts are just a symptom of not being able to buy new level 30s. although, because the bots are bad, it does hurt games so I understand the issue. however, if someone else were to level up an account for you and he was a human actually trying in games, I don't see the issue. why should an experienced player have to go through all this again?
AceGeo (NA)
: I only say affect MMR as a means to solve the problem. I honestly hate smurfs and nobody really has any ideas to solve the problem. So it was just my suggestion. But what do you mean by "testing you vs better players a little earlier"? Like during your provisionals? That sounds fair to me, except the smurfs want to be in low elo so they throw their provis on purpose.
> [{quoted}](name=AceGeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=e135EK77,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-05-18T13:55:37.514+0000) > > I only say affect MMR as a means to solve the problem. I honestly hate smurfs and nobody really has any ideas to solve the problem. So it was just my suggestion. > But what do you mean by "testing you vs better players a little earlier"? Like during your provisionals? That sounds fair to me, except the smurfs want to be in low elo so they throw their provis on purpose. it's not even a problem, they just need to detect them earlier and place them in tougher games smurfs are no more of an issue than some new player getting lucky and placed above his tier for 10-15 games
: The current state of the Jungle (8.10)
I think the meta is also influencing mid to be with a heavier emphasis on lane priority + CC. Picks like Morgana make it really easy to shove safely and then take Scuttler even without Smite... all while being pretty safe doing it. Mid with Smite is probably objectively not better. It's just annoying. Although, I do think Scuttler's value is too high and maybe junglers should get compensated elsewhere. Scuttler is not a jungle objective as much as it is one for laners. You can't really do it yourself if any laners come. One idea is to make it walk a little farther from lanes so there is more cost for it. Anyway, it's still vastly better than their first idea of having an asymmetrical scuttler right at the start... that would be so artificial and it would dramatically constrain creative pathing/decision making as well as the jg pool. Right now I think the meta is being shaped and there are indicators but we shouldn't be too rash to judge. For example, I do like that intelligent pathing seems more rewarded now rather than just mindless spam ganking a tilted player.
iJG (NA)
: League is getting to the point it isn't even fun anymore
still find the game very fun maybe you need a break or to try different roles/champs there are going to be questionable balance changes in any game... Riot's not really worse about it but I will say that some are super obviously stupid like the Poppy nerf in 8.9 I'd also enjoy more drawn out teamfights and stronger turrets but maybe that's just me
AceGeo (NA)
: We all know who's smurfing
Nah, it's really artificial and somewhat subjective to have those metrics affect MMR. Maybe it can start testing you vs better players a little earlier but MMR should always just be win/loss just like in sports.
: A Potential Change to Make Teemo Viable
: Toxic Jungles
laners are 10x more toxic to jgs than vice versa
Elohaven (NA)
: I don't see why this post is getting attention. You're requesting a toxic environment on a platform meant for people to enjoy. Would you enjoy your workspace or sports game you were in to be filled with colleagues constantly berating you or racially discriminating against you? There's no need to be a dickhead in the virtual or real world. If you feel compelled to do so, you may use a mirror as your target or some other form of stress relief.
> [{quoted}](name=Elohaven,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VPm8RGEZ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-03T23:02:40.099+0000) > > I don't see why this post is getting attention. > > You're requesting a toxic environment on a platform meant for people to enjoy. Would you enjoy your workspace or sports game you were in to be filled with colleagues constantly berating you or racially discriminating against you? > > There's no need to be a dickhead in the virtual or real world. If you feel compelled to do so, you may use a mirror as your target or some other form of stress relief. The request is just for an unmoderated mode. It could end-up being more or less toxic. If more adults prefer it, it might actually be less toxic. People don't like censorship and thought control in a video game and they also don't like toxicity but sometimes the former is worse than the latter. Serious players or just those wanting to be able to have banter again may very well prefer an unmoderated mode and have way more enjoyment. You don't have to play it if you don't want. KR's server is like this. It's basically unmoderated and "toxic." Many people want that freedom.
Xonra (NA)
: You don't need to be toxic or an ass to "express yourself". You shouldn't be able to randomly speak your mind when it is just cutting other people down and flaming people. I am however more than happy to stick people like you somewhere else in this game because I'd prefer getting you out of my experience as much as you want your own. Riot, however, is never going to do that so just stop being toxic. It really isn't that hard. I've been playing since 2010 and have not gotten as much as a warning, and I curse in game, I've complained now and then at teammates, but there is a point where you have to not be a toxic d-bag about it. You can "express yourself" without needing to be toxic about it.
> [{quoted}](name=Xonra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VPm8RGEZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-03T22:53:44.315+0000) > > You don't need to be toxic or an ass to "express yourself". > > You shouldn't be able to randomly speak your mind when it is just cutting other people down and flaming people. I am however more than happy to stick people like you somewhere else in this game because I'd prefer getting you out of my experience as much as you want your own. > > Riot, however, is never going to do that so just stop being toxic. It really isn't that hard. I've been playing since 2010 and have not gotten as much as a warning, and I curse in game, I've complained now and then at teammates, but there is a point where you have to not be a toxic d-bag about it. You can "express yourself" without needing to be toxic about it. What you don't realize is that the players who are most logical in their comments and defend themselves with facts or analysis, not retaliation, are the ones who get reported the most. When people see you swear, they just think "this guy's having a bad day, whatever". On the other hand, when they blame someone unfairly and have their whole argument deconstructed and exposed, they hate you because you see through their BS. Because what you say is true and well supported, it pisses them off way more than calling them a dumbass. It's exactly when their scapegoating and ego protective defenses fail them that they lash out. If you use profanity, you never even enter the realm of being able to annoy them because you're just dismissed as an idiot or a person who can't keep his cool. It's the rational responses that people rebel against and that's where the bot fails the most.
Xonra (NA)
: You don't need to be toxic or an ass to "express yourself". You shouldn't be able to randomly speak your mind when it is just cutting other people down and flaming people. I am however more than happy to stick people like you somewhere else in this game because I'd prefer getting you out of my experience as much as you want your own. Riot, however, is never going to do that so just stop being toxic. It really isn't that hard. I've been playing since 2010 and have not gotten as much as a warning, and I curse in game, I've complained now and then at teammates, but there is a point where you have to not be a toxic d-bag about it. You can "express yourself" without needing to be toxic about it.
> [{quoted}](name=Xonra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VPm8RGEZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-03T22:53:44.315+0000) > > You don't need to be toxic or an ass to "express yourself". > > You shouldn't be able to randomly speak your mind when it is just cutting other people down and flaming people. I am however more than happy to stick people like you somewhere else in this game because I'd prefer getting you out of my experience as much as you want your own. > > Riot, however, is never going to do that so just stop being toxic. It really isn't that hard. I've been playing since 2010 and have not gotten as much as a warning, and I curse in game, I've complained now and then at teammates, but there is a point where you have to not be a toxic d-bag about it. You can "express yourself" without needing to be toxic about it. It could be a way to punish toxic players but I think it should also just be an optional mode. If you're toxic and getting reported a lot in the regular mode, it probably should just put you in the unrestricted one. It doesn't have to be toxic necessarily but it would just be allowing you full freedom of expression without having to think about every word you type so that you make sure you can't possibly offend anyone. The best part is that Riot gets more money since toxic players would still play. The worst part of the system now is that when you get flamed, you can't even say anything back to defend yourself. I'm not talking about actually being toxic, but even factual stuff. For example, let's say top blames the jungle as usual. I'm not even sure if I can type "you got solo killed 3x before their jungler came". It violates all my instincts related to fairness. I can't use facts and arguments to expose hypocrisy or unfair criticism. That's why this mode is needed. Instead, I have to be silently annoyed at the ridiculousness of the blame/comment coming from this player. Maybe I mute but either way, it feels totally unfair. I don't even want him punished. I just want to be able to express my side of the story and that's apparently too much.
: > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0JIhtyBM,comment-id=000600000000000100000001,timestamp=2018-05-03T19:37:04.036+0000) > > There are much better ways to guide someone than with insults. Compare: > > to > > ---- > Keep in mind what you think is foolish does not make it magically foolish. You are not the be all end all expert about League. Every player has autonomy and gets to decide what **they** think the right choices are in the game. You don't get to insult them to try and force them to accept your opinions/choices. Well keep in mind some times an utterly foolish person (dictionary definition of idiot) is actually being an utterly foolish person and handling themselves in a way detriment to the team. Sometimes you tell someone "if you do this and that" in a nice way, they still ignore you, and you lose. You queue up again, you end up with them on your team in the same position, and they continue to the do the same thing they were doing before to the detriment of the team. Either this player is a bot, or this player is an idiot.
> [{quoted}](name=KiyoYoshimaru,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0JIhtyBM,comment-id=0006000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-03T19:44:44.091+0000) > > Well keep in mind some times an utterly foolish person (dictionary definition of idiot) is actually being an utterly foolish person and handling themselves in a way detriment to the team. Sometimes you tell someone "if you do this and that" in a nice way, they still ignore you, and you lose. You queue up again, you end up with them on your team in the same position, and they continue to the do the same thing they were doing before to the detriment of the team. Either this player is a bot, or this player is an idiot. I used to blame myself a lot for not pinging early enough or communicating enough. I thought naively, if I tell this top laner that WW will gank ~3 minutes nearly every game, he will be play differently and avoid the gank without even blowing summoners. My experience tells me that this works only maybe 1/4 times. For a team game, it sure feels like communication is overrated.
: Bring Back Honoring Enemies
they probably wanted to only have it post screen so didn't want to bother people with too many clicks but it can be next to the other options like report instead as purely optional
Rioter Comments
Reav3 (NA)
: I would say the current pool after Akali/Irelia are {{champion:36}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:106}} These are the ones we generally discuss talk about these days when we go into early ideation on new VGUs. Some more then others, but all of these would make sense at this point, for various reasons. Obviously Kayle would be paired with a Morgana, should we end up working on her.
> [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Q30wxkKg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-31T21:25:48.580+0000) > > I would say the current pool after Akali/Irelia are > > {{champion:36}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:106}} > > These are the ones we generally discuss talk about these days when we go into early ideation on new VGUs. Some more then others, but all of these would make sense at this point, for various reasons. Obviously Kayle would be paired with a Morgana, should we end up working on her. I dread reworks like nothing else - especially for champions that totally don't need them... Corki? Rammus? Shaco? Nocturne? Kog? Some, Pantheon or Udyr, I do understand a little but the majority don't seem to need reworks. It just causes massive disruption, often ruins champs for those who like them as they are and there's frequently minimal benefit. A decent amount are even reverted... frustrating the new mains when the old mains often left. It's fine when actually needed but there better be a good reason and it better be well thought out so you don't end up reverting it 5 months later. Reverting is better than sticking with a bad rework but it does suggest that a rework was either unneeded or the direction wasn't well received.
: I should have the option to LOCK Normals Stats
Normals are casual games and tracking those stats should be up to the individual. Putting pressure on people to perform or care about their stats even in normals seems contrary to the idea of a casual format.
Ratpie (NA)
: I think what he wants is so that id just for you. Some people may have certain gamestyle preferences in items that might affect the way people itemize, and he doesn't want to give an edge to people who are munchkinizing the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Ratpie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FjfwAi2K,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-02T06:30:22.974+0000) > > I think what he wants is so that id just for you. Some people may have certain gamestyle preferences in items that might affect the way people itemize, and he doesn't want to give an edge to people who are munchkinizing the game. Plus, why would you want you rnormals stats public if you're just messing around? Then some friend says "oh wow, you're shit at X" because you're 1-1-10 in normals with a 1.5 KDA. I don't need that. While my friends don't actually do that, it restricts my desire to explore. Even the win/loss in normals is something I'd rather not have. It's supposed to be just for fun and all this makes it seem like something more serious than it is.
: We were talking about the potential of a bit of a larger boot exploration recently. I'd agree that the choices aren't exactly exciting, though they do allow you to make meaningful choices to support your champions strengths or to shore up weaknesses for your champ specifically, or based on the team comp you were facing. Atm it's hard to just be like "omg rework all booties", since they serve a pretty important role in your itemization decisions, but if you were given a blank slate to work on them, what would some of your ideas be?
> [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YgpHEt9z,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-03-30T22:31:27.902+0000) > > We were talking about the potential of a bit of a larger boot exploration recently. I'd agree that the choices aren't exactly exciting, though they do allow you to make meaningful choices to support your champions strengths or to shore up weaknesses for your champ specifically, or based on the team comp you were facing. Atm it's hard to just be like "omg rework all booties", since they serve a pretty important role in your itemization decisions, but if you were given a blank slate to work on them, what would some of your ideas be? Not everything has to be SUPER OMG SO INTERESTING. There's something to be said about quality fundamental gameplay and I think there's a decent amount of choice between the boots. Although, most players will prefer the more direct power of Mercs, Sorcs and Ninja. The others require more of a game plan.
An Draoi (NA)
: Can getting autofilled into jungle set your runes to flash and smite by default?
renrag27 (NA)
: My first post after 5 years of reading the boards.
I wish there were more posts like this.
Scarland (NA)
: Master Yi's Q doesn't follow Corki's Package when used at the same time
Durzaka (NA)
: I actually found the link. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/AYUihrQy-its-time-to-revisit-why-kench-cannot-devour-a-buff-after-three-attacks-like-he-can-champions It wasnt quite the flat out no that I remembered. But they still made it very clear they are happy with how his jungle clear is for being a support champion, and they think if he is able to devour buffs he would need compensation nerfs or his jungle would be too strong, which would hurt support Kench.
> [{quoted}](name=Durzaka,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m7mOQXvu,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2017-11-28T03:57:36.270+0000) > > I actually found the link. > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/AYUihrQy-its-time-to-revisit-why-kench-cannot-devour-a-buff-after-three-attacks-like-he-can-champions > > It wasnt quite the flat out no that I remembered. > > But they still made it very clear they are happy with how his jungle clear is for being a support champion, and they think if he is able to devour buffs he would need compensation nerfs or his jungle would be too strong, which would hurt support Kench. It would make me really sad if they actively prevented him from being a viable jungler. As far as visuals and voice, he is just amazing and hilarious. His kit is really unique too. I totally agree that if W worked on all jungle monsters he'd be top tier and possibly OP (a ton of cheese potential as well). Changing the damage cap vs monsters is something else though and raising it slightly wouldn't affect other lanes (maybe 25-50 more at each rank). It would be sort of like the buff JG Ekko got. I always like seeing stuff like that but I'd like it even more if they can make a commitment to fully support a champion in those roles that get such tweaks. For example, if I pick JG Ekko now, that's great. I'll have some fun. He's a cool middle of the pack pick. The problem is that after I invest a ton of time in JG Ekko, they can just decide that "you know what, we can't make Ekko work mid and JG easily so we're going to scrap that" etc. They have a role in mind for a champion on release and generally support only that role completely. The others are nice to have but they don't much care if the alternative roles become unviable. I do sort of understand because it is difficult to balance for multiple roles but for a player maining that champion only in the side role, it can be like it just got deleted completely. The way Kench works now is 1 stack is a bit of % HP damage, 2 stacks is more, 3 stacks is max (they get reset if you W an enemy). This is even from autoing champions. In the JG you only ever get 1 stack of the passive so it's much less damage. If the passive fully worked on JG monsters that might even be too much. It's hard to evaluate. Anyway, I think he's not terribly far from being a viable SQ jungler and he probably works below Diamond. The early game of other junglers is just soooooo much stronger though that it doesn't merit picking him. Other tanks with similar but still better/safer clears have more game changing teamfight abilities. Even Malphite JG can be scary as hell in teamfights and he's weak too for many of the same reasons (questionable clear, pathetic early ganks if the enemy isn't overextended). Right now, his first clear is basically WW level bad but without WW's nice level 3 ganking/dueling. Kench's ult. is nice for map pressure but it won't do anything for teamfights. For a champion like Kench to actually be a good jungler, he'd probably just need better clears to compensate for the downtime when his ganks are terrible or he'd need a much stronger late game. However, he also can't have TOO good of a clear since it's one of his balance levers (sort of like WW is really handicapped early in terms of clears by having to go Tiamat). If Kench had Shyvana level early game clears then I guarantee you he'd be extremely good in the jungle. The other way to justify a jungler with weak clears and weak ganks pre 6 is to play for scaling but I don't think Kench can compete there realistically without making top Kench potentially too strong. There's also the option of changing items more to fit him but that's too game warping. If Sated Devourer was still in the game, I'd probably play him. :D What I'd do: 3 more base MS to compensate for all the Celerity users and the general increase in mobility with the new runes (also Kench JG often took MS Quints before) raise the damage cap vs monsters on W by 35 at each rank
Show more

Stinrygar

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion