: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rdUQlkW0,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-15T02:56:48.245+0000) > > Except they're inherently political issues. not really
> [{quoted}](name=The Soulforged,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rdUQlkW0,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-15T04:19:12.612+0000) > > not really Yeah, I guess it's just a weird, random, unrelated coincidence only liberals/democrats push these social issues. Nothing to see here, move along.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=mBFiJLfX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-03-15T02:57:59.261+0000) > > Different people are different. Get over it. Bullshit, you do what you have to do. I don't care who you are. The only real difference is the times Now answer the question, is there some great obstacle stopping trump from doing something like this that accomplishes the same goal? Could Trump get on youtube or twitch right now and stream if he wanted to?
> [{quoted}](name=ScissorsNstuff,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=mBFiJLfX,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-03-15T03:46:44.291+0000) > > Bullshit, you do what you have to do. I don't care who you are. > > The only real difference is the times > > Now answer the question, is there some great obstacle stopping trump from doing something like this that accomplishes the same goal? Could Trump get on youtube or twitch right now and stream if he wanted to? LOL! I love this forum. I love the posters. These posters are tremendous. This poster really hit me in the feels, bigly. We have the best posters, don't we? Different people are different. Get over it.
: And this, >It plays Nintendo Games Will literally outweigh every single con combined just by itself.
> [{quoted}](name=AntiSkillshot,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=cystfRGe,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2017-03-15T03:12:35.956+0000) > > And this, > > Will literally outweigh every single con combined just by itself. That's a good point, each point I make doesn't hold equal weight. What I usually do is rate each pro and con on a scale from 1 to 100, I add up each column, then I subtract the cons from the pros to see which one wins. It's also a good way to compare big decisions in your life. Weigh the pros and cons of each decision, score them, then compare the scores. With that said, Nintendo games don't score an infinity.
: Trump sucks at communication it seems, but what does it really take for the president to address us?
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rdUQlkW0,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-03-14T23:47:37.801+0000) > > Out of curiosity how do you think that would work? Social discussion insofar as SJWs? Or the HAES movement? Or any number of the bizarre things the liberals are up to? I don't see how you can talk about the social issues of the day without also acknowledging the left as the catalysts. you really don't need to bring up the politics behind these things to get a good discussion out of them
> [{quoted}](name=The Soulforged,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rdUQlkW0,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-03-15T02:18:57.765+0000) > > you really don't need to bring up the politics behind these things to get a good discussion out of them Except they're inherently political issues.
CLG ear (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ymFIAvhU,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-03-15T01:22:37.189+0000) > > Oh you're a girl? Well, if you want to have sex with him make the Mandy Moore eyes at the end of the night. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkVsJGl5d6E he's not a girl
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ymFIAvhU,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2017-03-15T01:24:52.425+0000) > > he's not a girl Oh, dude dating a dude. I think Mandy Moore eyes still apply, no homo.
: Dating tips and advice please
Oh you're a girl? Well, if you want to have sex with him make the Mandy Moore eyes at the end of the night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkVsJGl5d6E
Eldeeo (NA)
: If I remember correctly, the online service only costs up to $20 a year. I spend more on coffee in a year than that. But in all reality, the games I would play wouldn't really require online gameplay unless I get Mario Cart 8, or they release a new Monster Hunter game for the Switch.
> [{quoted}](name=Eldeeo,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=cystfRGe,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-03-15T00:42:08.206+0000) > > If I remember correctly, the online service only costs up to $20 a year. I spend more on coffee in a year than that. > But in all reality, the games I would play wouldn't really require online gameplay unless I get Mario Cart 8, or they release a new Monster Hunter game for the Switch. In all honestly, all I know is that people are complaining about it and I don't doubt all the game reviewers. I don't know the nitty gritty about online services. If you can source and cite why Nintendo's online service is reasonable I'll be more than happy to edit the OP.
: We still have a small percentage of the posters we used to have. I'm pretty sure people wanted social discussion not political discussion.
> [{quoted}](name=SpiralBlack,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rdUQlkW0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-02-11T20:05:09.139+0000) > > We still have a small percentage of the posters we used to have. I'm pretty sure people wanted social discussion not political discussion. Out of curiosity how do you think that would work? Social discussion insofar as SJWs? Or the HAES movement? Or any number of the bizarre things the liberals are up to? I don't see how you can talk about the social issues of the day without also acknowledging the left as the catalysts.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=cystfRGe,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T21:00:19.925+0000) > > My past two Switch threads have nearly 800 views between the two. No one here thinks I'm neutral. > > With that said, I am being fair, and if you think I've missed a Pro or my Cons are unfair I'll be more than happy to change the OP. 3rd party coverage is completely unknown as of now. The Switch might get a lot of 3rd party games, as many devs have said that it's easy to develop and port for. The price drop thing is similar, although we don't have any evidence that Nintendo is changing on that front. Portability of a game is a strong factor in and of itself, making the Switch port of a game never objectively the worst option. Nintendo already has a higher rated exclusive than any other console and its lifespan just started a week and a half ago. PS4 you may have a point for, but XBone is pretty trash for exclusives that aren't one of its "lol XBONE AND PC" games. And on that topic, the Switch just launched, give the library some time. Rebuying games was a launch day issue for every current-gen console. As noted by Proxy345, SD cards aren't that expensive if you're not an idiot. It's $300, which is cheaper than the other current-gen consoles on launch day.
> [{quoted}](name=TurquoiseYoshi,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=cystfRGe,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T21:11:50.894+0000) > > 3rd party coverage is completely unknown as of now. The Switch might get a lot of 3rd party games, as many devs have said that it's easy to develop and port for. The price drop thing is similar, although we don't have any evidence that Nintendo is changing on that front. Yeah, well, the center of the moon might be made of cheese too. Third party support has been slim to nil for nearly the past 20 years on Nintendo and every time they launch they brag about third parties. Fool me once shame on you, fool me 4 times in a row, shame on me. Yeah, I'm sure they're going to start randomly dropping pricing on their big name games despite their strategy for keeping prices high has been in effect for almost a decade. /s > Portability of a game is a strong factor in and of itself, making the Switch port of a game never objectively the worst option. If you're in a country where people use public transportation, sure. In the USA the vast majority of us don't use public transportation. I've never seen anyone play a gameboy in public unless they were a child and they were around other children. To a lot of people it's actually embarrassing. > Nintendo already has a higher rated exclusive than any other console and its lifespan just started a week and a half ago. LOL! Yes, it has the Zelda game. That's why I said, "library of highly rated exclusives." Meaning more than one game. >PS4 you may have a point for, but XBone is pretty trash for exclusives that aren't one of its "lol XBONE AND PC" games. And on that topic, the Switch just launched, give the library some time. OK, I'll edit it to say PS4. I really only follow the home consoles cursorily now-a-days. Xbone exclusives probably are slim to nil, just like the 360 at the end of it's lifespan. > Rebuying games was a launch day issue for every current-gen console. Does that make it good? Not everything is a comparison. > As noted by Proxy345, SD cards aren't that expensive if you're not an idiot. That's arguable as far as quality goes. Regardless, in comparison it's more expensive than -not- having to buy one, and Nintendo doesn't offer a reasonable amount of storage by default. > It's $300, which is cheaper than the other current-gen consoles on launch day. It's also half the power. I'm just considering how expensive it is in comparison when you consider it's half the power or less than current gen consoles and it doesn't do as much. So, yay? I'll throw that on Pros for you. How's that?
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=cystfRGe,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-03-14T21:58:51.685+0000) > > OP you forgot that Nintendo is charging for online now (something that's always been free with Nintendo), and you need a smartphone app for online matchmaking. But yes I agree with everything you've said. I mean, it's not like every other online console required paying. A pros/cons should be comparing the product to its peers, so by that note it's not a pro or con (as it is now the same as its peers).
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=cystfRGe,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2017-03-14T22:01:40.589+0000) > > I mean, it's not like every other online console required paying. A pros/cons should be comparing the product to its peers, so by that note it's not a pro or con (as it is now the same as its peers). It's a fair point, from what I hear Nintendo's online capabilities are shit and they're making you pay for one. They don't even do voice chat, do they?
Proxy345 (NA)
: No one actually needs to buy the Switch branded microSD cards though lol It works with normal microSD cards up to 256GB currently and they are cheap. http://bgr.com/2017/01/30/nintendo-switch-storage-guide-sd-cards/
> [{quoted}](name=Proxy345,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=cystfRGe,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-03-14T21:00:58.772+0000) > > No one actually needs to buy the Switch branded microSD cards though lol It works with normal microSD cards up to 256GB currently and they are cheap. > > http://bgr.com/2017/01/30/nintendo-switch-storage-guide-sd-cards/ Sure, but it's the fact you are forced to buy one whereas other consoles don't force you to.
: AKA the "Pretend that I'm being neutral while I actually try to rip the Switch apart" thread.
> [{quoted}](name=TurquoiseYoshi,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=cystfRGe,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-03-14T20:41:48.551+0000) > > AKA the "Pretend that I'm being neutral while I actually try to rip the Switch apart" thread. My past two Switch threads have nearly 800 views between the two. No one here thinks I'm neutral. With that said, I am being fair, and if you think I've missed a Pro or my Cons are unfair I'll be more than happy to change the OP.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rXxPT1Qm,comment-id=00090000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T15:39:33.560+0000) > > OK, so the article says I'm right, they do use American healthcare facilities. ??? First of all the article states that the number of Canadians who actually use American healthcare is exceedingly rare. Second of all if we went down this route of arguing anybody could say that Americans have used Canadian healthcare facilities and be "right". > The study is from data collected from 1994-1998. That's over 20 years ago. So? How much has changed since then regarding healthcare policy? > Then you have to figure they're only collecting data from ambulatory services and hospitals. A lot of times Canadians will come to the US to simply get an MRI and never use a hospital or ambulance/helicopter/etc. You seem to have gotten ambulatory care and ambulance mixed up. The words sound similar but they actually have nothing to do with each other. > Listen, I know you have a website that you think gives you all the rebuttals, but you actually have to read the articles they give you for yourself too and determine if they're worthwhile. Nice try looking smart though! I'm sure you've definitely given both ideas a fair, honest, and rigorous intellectual look. /s lol
> [{quoted}](name=TheLittlestLulu,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rXxPT1Qm,comment-id=000900000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T15:52:49.322+0000) > > ??? > First of all the article states that the number of Canadians who actually use American healthcare is exceedingly rare. Second of all if we went down this route of arguing anybody could say that Americans have used Canadian healthcare facilities and be "right". But they do come here for healthcare, because they can't get care at home. Which is the point. Wasn't that what you were trying to debunk? How many Canadian would come here for healthcare if they could afford it? How many just get sick in line? How many people die because the healthcare providers in Canada are overworked and don't care? > So? How much has changed since then regarding healthcare policy? What's changed in twenty years? Well I don't know, you tell me, a lot of things change in twenty years. Twenty years ago we didn't have an issue with healthcare, but now that our population isn't increasing at the same rate, insurance and healthcare costs are rising and now we're looking for solutions. > You seem to have gotten ambulatory care and ambulance mixed up. The words sound similar but they actually have nothing to do with each other. My mistake. Good on you for correcting that.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rXxPT1Qm,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T15:01:02.260+0000) > > And those on medicare and state run insurance more frequently receive worse care than private insurance. Pick your poison. At least with a free market solution we can have things like transferable health savings accounts to provide insurance for those in need. > > What's someone in Canada supposed to do when they're stuck in a 2 month queue to seek treatment and would die due to their lack of access to healthcare? They go to America for care. Who's going to be America's, America if we nationalize insurance? http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/21/3/19.full.html You should probably give this a read, because that is a straight up myth.
> [{quoted}](name=TheLittlestLulu,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rXxPT1Qm,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T15:25:13.660+0000) > > http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/21/3/19.full.html > > You should probably give this a read, because that is a straight up myth. OK, so the article says I'm right, they do use American healthcare facilities. The study is from data collected from 1994-1998. That's over 20 years ago. Then you have to figure they're only collecting data from ambulatory services and hospitals. A lot of times Canadians will come to the US to simply get an MRI and never use a hospital or ambulance/helicopter/etc. Listen, I know you have a website that you think gives you all the rebuttals, but you actually have to read the articles they give you for yourself too and determine if they're worthwhile. Nice try looking smart though! I'm sure you've definitely given both ideas a fair, honest, and rigorous intellectual look. /s
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rXxPT1Qm,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2017-03-14T01:13:46.008+0000) > > I'm hoping it's a stepping stone to a more free market solution. We already had the "free market solution". It involved insurance companies being able to drop some kid from their insurance when she got cancer and let her die. Healthcare and free market don't mix.
> [{quoted}](name=TheLittlestLulu,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rXxPT1Qm,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2017-03-14T14:52:48.624+0000) > > We already had the "free market solution". It involved insurance companies being able to drop some kid from their insurance when she got cancer and let her die. > > Healthcare and free market don't mix. And those on medicare and state run insurance more frequently receive worse care than private insurance. Pick your poison. At least with a free market solution we can have things like transferable health savings accounts to provide insurance for those in need. What's someone in Canada supposed to do when they're stuck in a 2 month queue to seek treatment and would die due to their lack of access to healthcare? They go to America for care. Who's going to be America's, America if we nationalize insurance?
Proxy345 (NA)
: Well the Switch seems pretty sturdy in these stress test videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBVyF0I2Ruo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJP6gERPmMk I still prefer gorilla glass on most devices though because the Switch wouldn't have that dock issue with it scratching the screen if it was made out of gorilla glass.
> [{quoted}](name=Proxy345,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2017-03-14T06:45:38.337+0000) > > Well the Switch seems pretty sturdy in these stress test videos > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBVyF0I2Ruo > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJP6gERPmMk > > I still prefer gorilla glass on most devices though because the Switch wouldn't have that dock issue with it scratching the screen if it was made out of gorilla glass. Oh yeah, I heard the screen can get scratched when putting it back in its cradle, right?
NotSid (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T01:27:01.715+0000) > > Could you imagine having to buy a 300 dollar computer to play Blizzard games? Or Ubisoft games? Or EA games? > > Then why is it OK for Nintendo to do that? You have to buy a way more expensive computer to play any of their games at a decent quality.
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=000000000003,timestamp=2017-03-14T06:19:02.555+0000) > > You have to buy a way more expensive computer to play any of their games at a decent quality. It's comments like these that really make my day. It's almost like, are they just really bad at trolling me? Or are they secretly on my side acting like they're against me, but in reality they're just making my arguments look good and the opposing side look bad? Last time I checked, when you bought a PC it played games from more than one publisher. In fact, it does a lot more than just play games and you can upgrade it too.
Jerahmi (NA)
: Gold and under is just a fucking joke, to be honest.
Not true. Gold and under everyone is shit. Period. Plat and up is a crapshoot between good players who know what they're doing and shit players who got boosted or something.
Nebuul (NA)
: Urgot Support with Lethality Teams
I used to play Urgot support, it's pretty good. I usually went with spell thief into tear so I could spam in lane. Then tanky/cdr items, just like you.
Eldeeo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2017-03-13T23:40:10.187+0000) > > Are they specially optimized or better than their originals on GC? > > I think I remember seeing someone complain about how they have to rebuy all the GC games for Switch, because there's optical drive. I havent the clue. havent heard that problem before. I hear that Nintendo will sell VC games for cheaper if you previously owned it on another console with the same Nintendo account, so I can have super Mario world and Donkey Kong Country for cheap rather than full price again, and that is if I connect my Nintendo account to the switch that was previously used on the WiiU. But that is all I know so far, and dont think there is any GC games on the WiiU however if that is what you are asking .
> [{quoted}](name=Eldeeo,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T02:34:23.607+0000) > > I hear that Nintendo will sell VC games for cheaper if you previously owned it on another console with the same Nintendo account, > so I can have super Mario world and Donkey Kong Country for cheap rather than full price again, and that is if I connect my Nintendo account to the switch that was previously used on the WiiU. They're making you buy the same games you always bought on previous consoles, but they're giving you a discount, because they know you already bought them once? That doesn't sound like a good thing to me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T04:13:24.150+0000) > > Here, I quoted it for you again since you like it so much. That's a true fact you stated there, but if you don't buy the Switch, Nintendo will have to go third party and we won't ever have to buy their shitty consoles again :D. > > Edit: Thanks for bumping my thread again. See you'd be right if we all just collectively and simultaneously decided to boycott console games but everyone knows that's not gonna happen. Maybe if there was some organized effort to do so it'd be a possibility but even then it'd be tough. So in the end that basically leaves people with the choice of sucking it up and paying the extra money to play Nintendo games they enjoy or boycotting the system and having only the meager satisfaction of sticking it to Nintendo metaphorically with no real difference being made. And yeah sure you're welcome for the bump..? Just having a discussion that's how it works
> [{quoted}](name=vfactor95,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T05:03:07.986+0000) > > See you'd be right if we all just collectively and simultaneously decided to boycott console games but everyone knows that's not gonna happen. Maybe if there was some organized effort to do so it'd be a possibility but even then it'd be tough. > > So in the end that basically leaves people with the choice of sucking it up and paying the extra money to play Nintendo games they enjoy or boycotting the system and having only the meager satisfaction of sticking it to Nintendo metaphorically with no real difference being made. > > And yeah sure you're welcome for the bump..? Just having a discussion that's how it works Actually they just have to make bad products that people don't want. A lot of reviewers and gamers out there that are very dissatisfied with the Switch. Then they also stopped production of the Wii-U prematurely which pissed off a lot of people, just like the Sega Saturn. The worse Nintendo does, the closer we come to a third party Nintendo. Again, thank you for bumping my thread :D.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T02:14:18.073+0000) > > People would do the same for Blizzard games too. Does that mean Blizzard should build it's own proprietary console? I like how you just completely ignore the middle part of my statement but here I'll just post it again > [{quoted}](name=vfactor95,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-03-14T01:42:02.383+0000) > > Are console exclusives stupid? Yes but that's kinda the world we live in atm so if you wanna play Zelda, Mario or other Nintendo only games you don't really have any choice.
> [{quoted}](name=vfactor95,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T02:36:56.901+0000) > > I like how you just completely ignore the middle part of my statement but here I'll just post it again >Are console exclusives stupid? Yes but that's kinda the world we live in atm so if you wanna play Zelda, Mario or other Nintendo only games you don't really have any choice. Here, I quoted it for you again since you like it so much. That's a true fact you stated there, but if you don't buy the Switch, Nintendo will have to go third party and we won't ever have to buy their shitty consoles again :D. Edit: Thanks for bumping my thread again.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lisa Babe,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=pOg4Msx7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-03-14T01:39:18.012+0000) > > They accepted only white europeans at the time. Nice try tough. Most Asians are generally accepted too. ######Posting in obvious bait thread.
> [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=pOg4Msx7,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-03-14T02:10:55.543+0000) > > Most Asians are generally accepted too. > > > > ######Posting in obvious bait thread. He/She is talking about when the statue of liberty was erected. We had immigration laws that heavily favored white Europeans. In 1925 we halted almost all immigration for 40 years. Specifically anarchists, communists, and Arabs. Oh, and BTW, Chinese men weren't treated very well in the 1800's, just an FYI.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-03-14T01:35:44.217+0000) > > Aren't these comments great? It's just a bunch of people grasping at straws. I think you just don't understand that people really are willing willing to spend 300 dollars to be able to play nintendo games. Are console exclusives stupid? Yes but that's kinda the world we live in atm so if you wanna play Zelda, Mario or other Nintendo only games you don't really have any choice. It's not grasping at straws, it's people simply valuing the worth of Nintendo games that much. Attacking that would probably make for a more sound argument.
> [{quoted}](name=vfactor95,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-03-14T01:42:02.383+0000) > > I think you just don't understand that people really are willing willing to spend 300 dollars to be able to play nintendo games. People would do the same for Blizzard games too. Does that mean Blizzard should build it's own proprietary console? > It's not grasping at straws, it's people simply valuing the worth of Nintendo games that much. Attacking that would probably make for a more sound argument. Except no one's made that argument yet, except for you, in the third person.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-03-14T01:27:01.715+0000) > > Could you imagine having to buy a 300 dollar computer to play Blizzard games? Or Ubisoft games? Or EA games? > > Then why is it OK for Nintendo to do that? Could you imagine having to buy a 300+ console to use steam and 50 bucks a month to play multiplayer games Then why is it ok that Nintendo isn't the only home for console gamers
> [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2017-03-14T01:50:24.202+0000) > > Could you imagine having to buy a 300+ console to use steam and 50 bucks a month to play multiplayer games > Then why is it ok that Nintendo isn't the only home for console gamers Like, seriously. Who argues that the Switch should exist because other consoles exist- on a forum for a hardcore PC game? Clearly I agree the other consoles don't have much of an excuse to exist either.
: The only people hyping the Switch
Aren't these comments great? It's just a bunch of people grasping at straws.
GIJose65 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-03-14T01:17:48.719+0000) > > > All it can do is play Nintendo games. That is kinda the point of buying a switch, at least for me that is.
> [{quoted}](name=GIJose65,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=xyltjWYP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-03-14T01:25:11.818+0000) > > That is kinda the point of buying a switch, at least for me that is. Could you imagine having to buy a 300 dollar computer to play Blizzard games? Or Ubisoft games? Or EA games? Then why is it OK for Nintendo to do that?
Rioter Comments
NotSid (NA)
: Why is TrumpCare better than ObamaCare?
I'm hoping it's a stepping stone to a more free market solution. The issue we run into is, when big government programs step in, people become dependent on them and prior support systems falter. So we can't just take them away tomorrow, give them the finger, and let them die. To give an over-the-top analogy: it would be easy to pass a law forcing the government to give out a free Lambo to every US citizen, but after 4-8 years of that, the economy changes so much, tons of people start working for Lambo, car prices that aren't Lambo plummet, used car dealerships would all but go out of business, etc. You couldn't just repeal the law. It would be chaos. People would lose their jobs and panic. It could start a depression. That's why those big government programs are so scary. It's easy to pass these laws, but if they don't work it's almost impossible to repeal them.
Eldeeo (NA)
: Truthfully, the only reason that I have to buy the switch is for the release of Gamecube games on it. Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and SSB Melee (with a rumor that Animal Crossing is in testing for the switch) are confirmed for the switch, but I hear it isnt quite released yet. So Im gonna hold back probably until around Christmas and enjoy my 3DS in the meantime
> [{quoted}](name=Eldeeo,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2017-03-13T23:35:31.230+0000) > > Truthfully, the only reason that I have to buy the switch is for the release of Gamecube games on it. > Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and SSB Melee (with a rumor that Animal Crossing is in testing for the switch) are confirmed for the switch, but I hear it isnt quite released yet. > > So Im gonna hold back probably until around Christmas and enjoy my 3DS in the meantime Are they specially optimized or better than their originals on GC? I think I remember seeing someone complain about how they have to rebuy all the GC games for Switch, because there's optical drive.
Hoggy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=000600000000000100000000,timestamp=2017-03-13T20:33:15.586+0000) > > You know that company with the plumber mascot who always sells their products for cheaper than the competition? Yeah, buying their stuff is now a status symbol that you've made it. LOL > > So are you saying eating Nintendo's shit is OK because other companies shit in our mouths too? > > And, yeah, the Joy-Con are cool. Why can't I just buy the Joy-Con for 80 bucks and save 220 dollars + tax on the suped up shitty tablet that doesn't run Android/IOS/Windows? Today I learned that Nintendo has always sold stuff for cheaper than usual because Nintendo. Also, yes you can actually just buy a set of joy-cons and use them on any bluetooth-enabled device. But again why would you want facts to get in the way of your ranting?
> [{quoted}](name=Trezno,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=0006000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-13T21:05:38.004+0000) > > Today I learned that Nintendo has always sold stuff for cheaper than usual because Nintendo. > > Also, yes you can actually just buy a set of joy-cons and use them on any bluetooth-enabled device. But again why would you want facts to get in the way of your ranting? LOL! I'm the OP though. Most people reading this will know just how out of context and unreasonable your argument is. META. Isn't it funny? When you win a debate your opponent will usually get somewhat upset. So sometimes people forget about looking reasonable and just focus on making their opponent mad.
: > [{quoted}](name=Trezno,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=0006000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-13T21:05:38.004+0000) > > Today I learned that Nintendo has always sold stuff for cheaper than usual because Nintendo. > > Also, yes you can actually just buy a set of joy-cons and use them on any bluetooth-enabled device. But again why would you want facts to get in the way of your ranting? People still don't get that Nintendo is ruled by the philosophy that "Games should be fun" and by this Philosophy they carry the sub-philosophy that for something to be "fun" it has to be accessible, because... What do you enjoy more? 1$ amazing rollercoaster ride or a 100$ amazing rollercoaster ride? Obviously the cheaper one. Entertainment is entertainment, there are two stages of etertainment "being entertained" or "not being entertained". Nintendo could design a 600$ console too, but they won't because that is not their company philosophy.
> [{quoted}](name=Whitney Houston,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=00060000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-13T21:15:21.004+0000) > > People still don't get that Nintendo is ruled by the philosophy that "Games should be fun" and by this Philosophy they carry the sub-philosophy that for something to be "fun" it has to be accessible, because... > > What do you enjoy more? > 1$ amazing rollercoaster ride > > or a > > 100$ amazing rollercoaster ride? > > Obviously the cheaper one. > Entertainment is entertainment, there are two stages of etertainment "being entertained" or "not being entertained". > Nintendo could design a 600$ console too, but they won't because that is not their company philosophy. It would make it accessible for me if they didn't sell a console, because I don't think their console is worth the money.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=pN51XZJw,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-03-13T01:17:43.743+0000) > > So what do you think their strategy is? Lie forever even if no one believes it? I guess they painted themselves into a corner with the bullshit they peddled during the election. But how is lying forever a good strategy? complete narrative construction and witch hunting and suppressing of dissenters it doesn't have to last forever if they get the dissenting minority small enough, because the next generation would be raised in the culture they saturated, and thus raised to slurp up their messy, messy shit very few people become something they weren't raised to be, that might change, but it was pretty consistent pre-internet
> [{quoted}](name=Maid of Plays,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=pN51XZJw,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2017-03-13T20:20:08.570+0000) > > complete narrative construction and witch hunting and suppressing of dissenters > > it doesn't have to last forever if they get the dissenting minority small enough, because the next generation would be raised in the culture they saturated, and thus raised to slurp up their messy, messy shit > > very few people become something they weren't raised to be, that might change, but it was pretty consistent pre-internet Very true. I live in New England and become politically aware through listening to Air America radio. I just never heard an opposing point of view. I 100% believed the vitriol. Then I read Atlas Shrugged. I didn't even know it had a political bend to it until someone told me. I just largely agreed with Rand on most things, things I'd never enunciated, but I believed in none-the-less. People naturally tend to become more conservative with age. They also say millennials are the least brand loyal of any generation in years. So, there's good reason to be optimistic.
Hoggy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=0006000000000001,timestamp=2017-03-13T05:38:00.361+0000) > > That's not the first time I've heard that angle. Is Nintendo so desperate they're resorting to making the Switch sound like some sort of status symbol? > > It's a portable Nintendo game console - not an iPhone. Lol. > > Nintendo has been known for it's low price points and general accessibility. So this complete 180 where Nintendo goes directly for the whales where they price their accessories through the roof along with their figurines. It doesn't seem like a very sustainable business plan. Confirmed "I'm poor and can't afford what I want!" The joy-cons are where all the tech for the system is. You do not need more than one set if you're not going for local multiplayer beyond two players, and even then if your friends have a Switch they can just bring the joy-cons over and sync them. As for the pro controller, unlike the other pro controllers Nintendo has made, this one has all the tech the joy-cons do except for the IR camera. And you don't even need one since the joy-con grip works just fine. Finally: we are seriously complaining about $300 for a brand new console/handheld hybrid that actually does what it says? How much was the ps3/ps4/xb1/x360 at launch again? Sony practically robbed people at gunpoint with their launch prices, but somehow that is ok because "lol things look shinier." Look, you can be entitled to your opinion, but at least realize that maybe they picked this price point for a reason that isn't "Nintendo is greedy omg" (the price for an extra dock is ridiculous though).
> [{quoted}](name=Trezno,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=00060000000000010000,timestamp=2017-03-13T08:14:14.232+0000) >Confirmed "I'm poor and can't afford what I want!" You know that company with the plumber mascot who always sells their products for cheaper than the competition? Yeah, buying their stuff is now a status symbol that you've made it. LOL > Finally: we are seriously complaining about $300 for a brand new console/handheld hybrid that actually does what it says? How much was the ps3/ps4/xb1/x360 at launch again? Sony practically robbed people at gunpoint with their launch prices, but somehow that is ok because "lol things look shinier." So are you saying eating Nintendo's shit is OK because other companies shit in our mouths too? And, yeah, the Joy-Con are cool. Why can't I just buy the Joy-Con for 80 bucks and save 220 dollars + tax on the suped up shitty tablet that doesn't run Android/IOS/Windows?
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=pN51XZJw,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-03-13T01:17:43.743+0000) > > So what do you think their strategy is? Lie forever even if no one believes it? I guess they painted themselves into a corner with the bullshit they peddled during the election. But how is lying forever a good strategy? They've proven to be so fake and out of touch with reality that they have no other choice. It's not a good strategy, that's why their viewership continues to plummet. They really don't have any other choice though... they dislike Trump so much that they don't seem to care about anything else except smearing him, regardless of the effects on their image.
> [{quoted}](name=Janna F Kennedy,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=pN51XZJw,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-03-13T16:08:52.389+0000) > > They've proven to be so fake and out of touch with reality that they have no other choice. It's not a good strategy, that's why their viewership continues to plummet. They really don't have any other choice though... they dislike Trump so much that they don't seem to care about anything else except smearing him, regardless of the effects on their image. That's the thing. Their bullshit went on for a long-long time, way before the election, and it largely worked. Now the strategy isn't effective, so it baffles me why they continue with it. Even their most faithful are starting to falter. How long can you keep the country in a false state of panic before they realize what you're doing? It's not that I think they'll do a 180, but you'd think they'd start to become more and more fair over time, but look at this Don Lemon clip? They're not changing at all.
: It's almost like you decided to buy a console on launch, then decided to complain about the product that you bought instead of waiting for a couple of months... http://i.imgur.com/2YNGyxR.png/img
> [{quoted}](name=AntiSkillshot,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2017-03-13T08:50:44.179+0000) > > It's almost like you decided to buy a console on launch, then decided to complain about the product that you bought instead of waiting for a couple of months... > > http://i.imgur.com/2YNGyxR.png/img LOL! So [I wrote this 18 days ago.](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/GD/h2cV9uWH-nintendo-switch-hot-or-not?comment=0003) Still think I bought a Switch on launch?
Hoggy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2017-03-13T04:56:53.296+0000) > > Pretty sure I said it's the only game -I want to play- for it. > > The problem isn't availability. The problem is Nintendo makes shitty consoles that are overpriced and only play one game I want. The Wii-U is still $200+ and it's even shittier than the Switch. Which is saying a lot. > > I'm being generous when I say there are other Nintendo games that are good. I acknowledge they're popular and wanted, but I can skip the new Mario Kart 23 and Mario Party 46. So basically "I'm too poor so I'm going to complain about it on the Internet!" is what I'm getting here. Whatever.
> [{quoted}](name=Trezno,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2017-03-13T05:08:55.128+0000) > > So basically "I'm too poor so I'm going to complain about it on the Internet!" is what I'm getting here. > > Whatever. That's not the first time I've heard that angle. Is Nintendo so desperate they're resorting to making the Switch sound like some sort of status symbol? It's a portable Nintendo game console - not an iPhone. Lol. Nintendo has been known for it's low price points and general accessibility. So this complete 180 where Nintendo goes directly for the whales where they price their accessories through the roof along with their figurines. It doesn't seem like a very sustainable business plan.
Hoggy (NA)
: I didn't realize they made the Switch just to play Zelda. And we're complaining about the launch of a system. Of course it's not going to have 370918741209874 games at launch, and of course there's going to be issue with some of the consoles. Funny thing is: all of these "issues" are part of the vocal minority that want to overblow everything and make it seem like the world is ending. I've had 0 problems with my Switch outside of it freezing inexplicably once while closing a demo. Other than that I've not had anything anyone has complained about, and neither has anyone else I know that has the system. I'm not saying issues aren't there, but people need to relax. Sony and Microsoft's 5-year-old computers in a shiny box had issues on release too, but you sure don't see anyone bringing those up now do you? Edit: And why can't you just play Zelda on the Wii U? If you can't find a physical copy just buy it digitally.
> [{quoted}](name=Trezno,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-03-13T04:23:46.370+0000) >I didn't realize they made the Switch just to play Zelda. Pretty sure I said it's the only game -I want to play- for it. > Edit: And why can't you just play Zelda on the Wii U? If you can't find a physical copy just buy it digitally. The problem isn't availability. The problem is Nintendo makes shitty consoles that are overpriced and only play one game I want. The Wii-U is still $200+ and it's even shittier than the Switch. Which is saying a lot. I'm being generous when I say there are other Nintendo games that are good. I acknowledge they're popular and wanted, but I can skip the new Mario Kart 23 and Mario Party 46.
: I'm a Nintendo fan and I love most things about the switch. I love that it's portable. The controllers are just plain cool. There's no two ways about it, the haptic feedback is surprisingly precise and the infrared detectors have lots of potential. The ARM architecture change, while it strips a little potential out of the system, it also marries traditional and mobile gaming which could force mobile developers to step up their game. No more bejeweled clones that make millions of dollars. No more puzzle bobble/bust a move clones. This could be Nintendo going "you need to fucking stop or we'll bury you." I have a pc for most gaming. I don't need a Playstation/Xbox (insert ever increasing number here) for that shit. I can experience anything that isn't an exclusive (which, bloodborne aside, I don't care) on my PC. But some of the things the switch can do, cannot be replicated by my PC yet, and that's why it's fantastic.
> [{quoted}](name=ZerglingOne,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-03-13T04:11:20.379+0000) The point of the thread is in response to someone calling cloud273 a Nintendo hater when in fact the only reason you would hate the Switch is if you're a Nintendo fan. If you're not a fan of Nintendo games, then the Switch doesn't offer any meaningful competition in any category.
Proxy345 (NA)
: The Switch needs Bayonetta 3 lol Bayonetta>Zelda for me thats for sure. I was pissed when Bayonetta 2 only came to the Wii U.
> [{quoted}](name=Proxy345,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-03-13T03:20:47.655+0000) > > The Switch needs Bayonetta 3 lol > > Bayonetta>Zelda for me thats for sure. > > I was pissed when Bayonetta 2 only came to the Wii U. The Switch just needs to fail. I wish they'd just go third party and force everyone to buy their Joy-Con to play the games. Joy-Con are actually cool. Dude, I'd totally pay 80 bucks for Joy-Con and 60 bucks for Zelda if it was for PC/Android/IOS. Then I could use the Joy-Con for other things. It'd be fucking great! It's the fucking Switch itself that's shit.
Vacus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-03-13T02:50:24.863+0000) > > That's weird, I could've sworn I wrote since the Wii, not it's entire existence. Well, in any event, that's a mistake rightfully pointed out. Good on you for that. > > The only multiplatform Wii title that was good was Manhunt 2. Every other port was shit and it had low quality control standards for third party publishers leading to the shovelware hell that was the Wii. I mean yeah there was a ridiculous amount of shovelware, but that has been true of every Sony system too, and no one seems to mind it there. Also, remember that the Wii was a tremendous success. The only system Nintendo has ever put out that could reasonably be called a failure was the WIi U, and even the Wii U was not a bad system, it just had no third-party games at all so it could not function as a primary game delivery system. The first-party games on it are as good as ever, it's got some really great games on it.
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-13T02:54:43.492+0000) > > I mean yeah there was a ridiculous amount of shovelware, but that has been true of every Sony system too, and no one seems to mind it there. LOL, I just can't imagine who could say that with a straight face who wasn't getting paid by Nintendo. Are we going to compare third party support between PS2 and Wii? Really? PS2 had shovelware, yes, but Wii basically only had shovelware. You could count the noteworthy exclusive third party games on one hand for Wii. > The first-party games on it are as good as ever, it's got some really great games on it. I bet if Blizzard built their own system they'd have sick first party titles too, but it would still fucking suck if they did that.
Cloud273 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-03-13T02:41:19.251+0000) > > https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hR2T9xOP_EI/maxresdefault.jpg > > Like me. I fucking love Zelda and Nintendo games. The only reason anyone cares the Switch exists is because it's an obstacle between you and playing the games you've grown emotionally attached to throughout your life. Otherwise who would give a fuck? Nintendo has had the weakest system with the worst multiplatform ports for it's entire existence. It's not a competition. It just fucking sucks all around. > > You want me to spend 360$ to play one fucking game? I was waiting to buy a Wii-U for Zelda, cuz that was the only game I wanted to play. I need to play it. I've been emotionally attached to it my whole fucking life. > > Fuck you Nintendo. I'll wait until it's used, or worse, I'll buy it from Walmart and return it when I'm done. Fuck you. Preach
> [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-03-13T02:46:21.872+0000) > > Preach Hey bud, can you give me one reason why a non-Nintendo fan would hate the Switch?
Vacus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-03-13T02:41:19.251+0000) >Nintendo has had the weakest system with the worst multiplatform ports for it's entire existence. Wow, I didn't realize that no system before the Wii existed. (And tbh the Wii had pretty good third-party support too.)
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=b54nEBjY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-03-13T02:45:07.928+0000) > > Wow, I didn't realize that no system before the Wii existed. (And tbh the Wii had pretty good third-party support too.) That's weird, I could've sworn I wrote since the Wii, not it's entire existence. Well, in any event, that's a mistake rightfully pointed out. Good on you for that. The only multiplatform Wii title that was good was Manhunt 2. Every other port was shit and it had low quality control standards for third party publishers leading to the shovelware hell that was the Wii.
Rioter Comments
CLG ear (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=mfKroKLX,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2017-03-13T01:21:52.384+0000) > > Why is Doublelift on TL? they paid him to help them out. He's just doing it for the remainder of the split
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=mfKroKLX,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2017-03-13T01:24:03.859+0000) > > they paid him to help them out. He's just doing it for the remainder of the split Good. That must've cost them Team Liquid -a lot- of money in a last ditch desperation attempt to not get relegated. They really fucked up when they launched the LoL division of their site. In all honesty, I have no idea what TL even does to stay afloat. Who posts there? What services do they provide?
CLG ear (NA)
: NA LCS Spring Split Week 7 Day 3 megathread
: Don Lemon, CNN, other fake liberal news don't realize that they're a huge reason people move to support Trump. People are sick of their bias and lies. People see right through it.
> [{quoted}](name=Janna F Kennedy,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=pN51XZJw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-03-13T01:01:20.887+0000) > > Don Lemon, CNN, other fake liberal news don't realize that they're a huge reason people move to support Trump. People are sick of their bias and lies. People see right through it. So what do you think their strategy is? Lie forever even if no one believes it? I guess they painted themselves into a corner with the bullshit they peddled during the election. But how is lying forever a good strategy?
: > [{quoted}](name=Stonington,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dqub0Ez,comment-id=000600000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-12T21:47:56.397+0000) > > I don't think that analogy works so well since we're talking about natural ability. Social skills and and shooting baskets are skills that can be learned through practice. IQ and height aren't things you can work on. Ah, I'll definitely strongly enough contest your last sentence: IQ is actually something you can work on. I'm not saying someone with definite learning deficiencies can get really high IQ scores, but take two people with the same intelligence and learning capabilities, then putting one in science class will increase their IQ scores over the other who's studying history or something else. I'd go as far as to say it's easy to improve your score on IQ tests by practising them, just as for any other tests. This doesn't serve much purpose to reflect your intelligence, but as mentioned previously I don't believe IQ tests reflect intelligence anyway, so might as way game them.
> [{quoted}](name=UmmTastedPurple,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dqub0Ez,comment-id=0006000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-12T23:18:36.413+0000) > > Ah, I'll definitely strongly enough contest your last sentence: IQ is actually something you can work on. I'm not saying someone with definite learning deficiencies can get really high IQ scores, but take two people with the same intelligence and learning capabilities, then putting one in science class will increase their IQ scores over the other who's studying history or something else. > I'd go as far as to say it's easy to improve your score on IQ tests by practising them, just as for any other tests. This doesn't serve much purpose to reflect your intelligence, but as mentioned previously I don't believe IQ tests reflect intelligence anyway, so might as way game them. Trying to improve your IQ through study is like trying to grow by putting yourself on a stretching rack. Yeah, it'll do -something-, but not much. Studies have shown that your IQ is determined by your genetics with about a 10 point standard deviation. What they've done is taken identical twins that have gone to different households and measured their IQs to their adoptive parents and to their biological parents. IQ is largely correlated to the biological parent's intelligence regardless of the environment the child grew up in.
Show more

Stonington

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion