: Your straight up wrong on gnar just being decent, the changes will allow him to have the single fastest clear for solo camps, dragon and rift herald, its one of those things where it seems meh on paper but in reality is super strong, on buffs like red and blue it DOUBLES his dps potential on the camp and does even better on dragon and rift as gnar does more damage with the passive the more HP the thing he targets has. He can wall hop and most junglers who can are guaranteed B tier, he has a slow and with his increased movespeed he outright wins most jungler vs jungler duels.
> [{quoted}](name=Karn Bishop,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PAMQKnOt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2020-02-19T22:06:43.365+0000) > > Your straight up wrong on gnar just being decent, the changes will allow him to have the single fastest clear for solo camps, dragon and rift herald, its one of those things where it seems meh on paper but in reality is super strong, on buffs like red and blue it DOUBLES his dps potential on the camp and does even better on dragon and rift as gnar does more damage with the passive the more HP the thing he targets has. > > He can wall hop and most junglers who can are guaranteed B tier, he has a slow and with his increased movespeed he outright wins most jungler vs jungler duels. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Rioter Comments
: So, is this how jungle is going to be this season? Not reaching lvl 18 even in a 60 minutes game?
Jungle is getting an XP buff next patch not sure how big but hopefully enough to get them some relevancy.
: https://dotesports.com/league-of-legends/news/league-of-legends-patch-9-24b-full-notes-and-updates i can't find it on the league website, but they did nerf heimerdinger in a micropatch
> [{quoted}](name=Summoner SpeII,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=b8cImTQX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2020-02-02T22:25:13.121+0000) > > https://dotesports.com/league-of-legends/news/league-of-legends-patch-9-24b-full-notes-and-updates > > i can't find it on the league website, but they did nerf heimerdinger in a micropatch They nerfed his empowered W and E and regular rockets I think.
Kadexe (NA)
: May I suggest a way to balance Tahm Kench?
I'm sure this was already considered but so it doesn't interfere with his current W cooldown configuration theres a little circle at the bottom of the devoured ally that serves as the timer for their devour.
Rioter Comments
: not sure it was the BEST response, but the message is still relatively the same, everyone should try their best, sure its ok to have fun or a bad game, but playing using "its norms" isn't an excuse for purposely bad playing, it ruins other peoples chance to have fun.
I agree, its basically like stepping on a basketball court and intentionally running out of bounds when you have the ball or purposefully not defending the other guy when you're guarding him and he has the ball 'whats the matter its not the nba?' say that on some of the ball courts out in the inner cities and you'll get shanked lol
Pyrosan (NA)
: People didn't show as much interest in Nexus blitz as much as you think people did, they showed graphs of activity and it had like 25% lower even with event exclusive missions for Blitz http://prntscr.com/qwcgge look for urself
I loved it, i hate being a niche consumer sometimes :(
: I think off meta picks are fine if they fit into the ususuall soloQ strategie and thus don't require your teammates to play specifically around you and switch up their game just because of that. If you do something like the singed strat that requires other players to make sacrifices, you kinda force them to play your game and that's not ok. If you're premate with your adc, sure, no problem, but in soloQ, i don't think it is not fair to expect your teammates to change **their **playstyle around to accomodate **your **strategy. If you ask them in lobby **and they agree to it**, ok, but for more eleaborate strategies, the lobby gives a bit to little time to really make up your mind about it imo. Akso, oviously there should be merit for the viabillity of the Off meta pick, it should be picked and played with the intent to win, atleast in ranked. In normals, it's imo enough if it's atleast not a clear troll pick/built and has some clear value ontop of the funfactor that probably is the reason for the pick.
Absolutely Sire, hopefully I reiterated that enough for us that anytime you do something like that it has the intent of bringing a positive quality to a team comp. Here lately I've heard some rumblings about Korea using Taliyah quite a bit in both roles in the bot lane and if you haven't heard yet the #1 ranked Korean for a while was an ADC or I guess APC Taliyah bot main and they had a pretty strong win rate.
: The only time I play the meta is when the meta just so happened to change into something I like, I picked swain support regularly and it demolished, then a couple months after I chilled out on it the Koreans found it and it became S tier. I have a soft spot for weird builds or builds that I can play with friends and see them lose their shit at it working, I play with guys who are so deep in the meta that its painful for them if I play something they do in an offmeta way, that is until it ends with the opposing side getting washed. My current obsession is Kha'zix support which sadly doesnt work too well against picks like naut and leo, but enchanters and mages it can do *very* well against. I may be a vel main, but I fucking Love some bruisers and their playstyles from my time in toplane before I went full on support main, Rek'sai top was probably my favorite in top. small tangent, I fucking hate how the grading system works because you have to hard carry essentially just for an S- so getting the tokens is hell. But rewarding. my last season tomfuckery is hidden however because I changed region, so the few people who feel like both using me as their scape goat for why the match is hell feel more justified because they dont see a decent rank from last season when they opgg. It gets easy to deal with toxic players when you deal with it so much.
Yeah, I second the swain support actually pre and post rework, I enjoyed using his old W to catch people out. Kha'zix's W is a pretty neat slow not sure where its at now but i can see it working nicely in several matchups. Challenger Replays also has a few high elo players running the rengar support/adc pretty good too.
Saezio (EUNE)
: what player? can you link the match pls?
I sure can, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCnc1jcKBnw.
GFREEMEN (NA)
: I love to play Crit Reksai mid lane vs Yasuo, Zed, Akali, Fizz, Talon, Dianna She wrecks them until late mid game. (Late mid game Reksai needs buffs bad)
Thats really cool, it looks like your win condition is similar to that of an ezreal in taking the win in the early to mid game for it to be successful.
Smyrage (EUNE)
: Many of us doubt your off-meta picks, because usually it's something, which used to be meta, but Riot made it sure that it wouldn't work anymore, so it isn't really off-meta, just obsolete. It gives the impression that you are not totally aware of the current meta. I saw people coming back after skipping seasons still thinking that e.g Camille jungle is still a meta pick or totally unaware that certain picks in certain roles were nerfed out. Yes, Janna WAS once considered a mid laner many years ago. She isn't a good midlane pick anymore, because she can't farm with her Q. And considering how bursty is mid lane right now, she won't stand a chance against any competent midlaner. In fact, considering how small her damage is and how squishy she is, she will just be sniped. Also there is a problem of reasoning. Some picks can work outside of their intented role, if played well, but e.g taking Yuumi anywhere else, but support is legit trolling, because she has no use outside of support. Many times it just seems most players don't even understand how meta picks even work, why they are good right now and so on, I wouldn't trust most people with really off-meta picks sorry.
I totally get where you're coming from, which if I do pick something like that I'll offer some stats or match history showing i'm experienced with this and have a good idea of how to navigate the pick.
: I am personally an Off-Meta player. Not Unorthodox, but off-meta. Unorthadox is seen as troll because it is. Sure Janna mid, trundle support. why not right? The problem is that when it doesn't work, its your fault. Just because the pros pull it off, doesn't mean you can.
Do you mean if it doesn't work or doesn't win? Often times I make these picks and have perfectly acceptable stats in line with what is good for the pick and still lose the game then the 0/5 Tryndamere who split all game and had little to no interaction says the 5/3/10 Heimer support is at fault because of his pick. I know KDA doesn't tell the whole story for sure but we shouldn't automatically blame something as the reason we lose because its non-traditional which is an issue when you do select these type of picks.
Nea104 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SuckasGots 2Know,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=42vEaOdJ,comment-id=,timestamp=2020-01-29T16:57:29.003+0000) > Even Soraka mid was selected in the LCS by C9 Hai in 2014 prior to her rework. Yeah, maybe 6 Seasons ago you could have fun playing some peculiar pick, but not in this high unbalanced meta, where they make and keep some champs far better and stronger than others, for skin$, LC$ and stuff.
If you look close enough off-meta picks are still pretty prevalent, just the other day pro guides was touting about taliyah adc/support reaching massive heights in Korea High ELO and how Rumble support/jungle was getting popular as well. Last night I actually watched a riot employee go against sneaky and do pretty good against his aphelios with a sett support (he is pretty freakin OP though regardless of which lane he is in) Definitely not seen as often, you're right, but Challenger Replays on YouTube houses a whole bunch of videos of High ELO players using these crazy picks to pretty good success, just finished up watching an Olaf ADC take 22 kills vs a Senna/Nautilus lane.
T2K Baka (NA)
: ***
Thats why I think that out of the norm strategies that impact multiple lanes should be consented to.
fire263 (NA)
: Personally, I agree with a lot of what you said. It's especially ironic when an off meta pick or such gets flamed by many, and then becomes meta later on, mostly due to pro players picking it. That's what I personally don't like about most of the league community, if Korean pro's play something everyone immediately copies them and pick it in games with no clue what they're doing. I would much rather have a Garen mid onetrick on my team over someone who picks singed mid with no clue what he's doing only because Faker played it. Funny enough, I feel like off-meta players have to try much harder and perform better solely because if they fuck up people flame them immediately. They are also some of the nicest players I've ever met because they try to not anger their team because the blame almost always goes right to them if the game starts going bad. I've played with AdellaideSkyhart on my smurf before, and he was one of the nicest players I've met. He would always let his team know what he was planning to do next, and helped me crush mid lane with his roams. He wasn't trolling in the slightest, and I think he's mastered his strategy making it work as long as his team cooperated. People really should be more accepting of off meta picks, and not flame a pick just because a pro hasn't played it.
You're right, something that is out of the norm is definitely held under a much larger microscope and subject to more scrutiny, but to me its worth the risk because finding something that is initially doubted and proves successful is one of the biggest natural highs I get from this game.
Bijeesny (EUNE)
: 1. Just because some things worked several years ago that doesnt mean they work now. 2. Every pick in pro play is done for a reason.
100% true, but the point i make is the impact the pro selection makes in how something becomes acceptance, people are much more lenient to different things when they see it done even in a pro environment like LCS or LEC.
Saezio (EUNE)
: So, I read the first 5 lines. Did you even watch the game back then? It has nothing to do with how the game is played now. Back then you could turtle, now it's impossible. Assassins were also more or less non-existent in the meta. + Alex picking it 2-3 times in competitive hardly means "it was meta" If you want to play off meta that's perfectly fine and acceptable. It also doesn't matter till you are like diamond 3-2. Up till then people make so many mistakes that simply by being a better player you win, you don't need to use meta. But these tactics sure as hell would be demolished in challenger or even diamond 1 games.
im actually watching a challenger game right now where someone is demolishing with an olaf adc, def wouldn't work in every game but its fun to watch when it does and yes i did watch back then
Rioter Comments
TehNACHO (NA)
: >as long as you have practiced with them and pick them into a decent matchup This is where you lose a lot of "off meta" players. Most of them just "wanna have fun" with the game and are mindlessly picking their MF Supports with no Zyra in sight or whatever the fuck is happening in Top Lane and complaining about being counterpicked.
Honestly its no different than mindlessly picking a meta champ or OTP into a known counter then squealing about the jungler not saving the day when they've thrown lane hard or first timing a champion without any prior practice at all. I don't think that is a hallmark of people who off-meta but rather people who recklessly play ranked without any consideration to optimizing their likelihood of winning. I'm talking about people who doubt my heimer support when I've posted 7 or 8 straight wins with him in a row and don't even bother to check match history and just automatically assume its a troll pick. I can see your point on why you believe 'off-meta' players have that reputation, but I think we can both agree that our frustrations stem not necessarily from a certain type of player but players regardless of who they pick not taking a competitive environment seriously enough to warrant playing ranked. Thanks for responding, GLHF.
Rioter Comments
: I'm done with ranked this season..
Its not the pick, its the player, theres nothing wrong with an unorthodox pick as long as you've had a little practice beforehand but first timing anything in ranked isn't a good idea so to speak.
Nasakeki (NA)
: Just delete Yuumi, please.
I disagree, Yuumi is a fair and balanced champion.{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Ralanr (NA)
: So the new Phantom Dancer on the PBE gives a Shield from burst damage
I think their reasoning for that was outliers like kog'maw using the steraks his atk spd steroid plus the extra health from it gave him a decent amount of tankiness, and the game's damage rating is much higher than it was then so its probably needed, even tho most youtubers ive seen thinks it will suck.
Trasiniem (EUW)
: An angry rant about mid, I'm sorry, but Riot pls answer no matter how raging I am pls
it might be tedious and result in longer queue times but if you restart your queue once it hits the 58 secs mark you're much more likely to get mid lane.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: That would be cool but do you think bruisers could exploit it and create an off tank dive meta where all mages and marksmen get dives by Simi tanks? It sounds like a great solution to the tanks late game scaling issue
possibly I guess its just a matter of how riot would want to balance the item to where it doesn't get exploited in that regard, not sure how'd you go about that though
EdgeLady (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SuckasGots 2Know,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7OtFqQEl,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-09T19:39:51.119+0000) > > I longed for a traditional gangplank to no avail :( hope this works out for ya. Gangplank's a totally different character in his new lore, and I think Captain Gangplank is the closest to traditional he has now.
yeah but I'd love to hear that ole 'shiver me timbers' voiceover again.
: Sylas is setting unrealistic standards for men
it actually is pretty realistic.... with the assistance of PED's of course! XD
ADC Yuumi (EUW)
: Traditional Evelynn please. ( Widowmaker Evelynn. )
I longed for a traditional gangplank to no avail :( hope this works out for ya.
Rioter Comments
: Support: When do you roam during lane phase?
Roaming has several factors involved, most of which you determine through your team and the opponents team. If your opponent team is say an Ashe and Zyra, its probably not very safe to roam with the both of them in lane even with your adc under tower. However, if you can confirm one of them has backed you can possibly get a quick roam off or ward in jungle etc. Or if the lane is shoved to them and your adc backed/died you may have an opportunity there. There should be some youtube videos on proper roaming, but long story short, it is very situation based and requires some critical thinking.
Dr Dog (NA)
: honestly i dont know how you lose lane with a mage support, ive been playing xerath support and my only lose is my adc literally getting dced for 9 mins and i STILL won lane and got 2 solo kills keeping up with the adcs cs only to lose because both solo lanes fed feelsbadman
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Dog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JhoJexL3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-09T19:02:37.016+0000) > > honestly i dont know how you lose lane with a mage support, ive been playing xerath support and my only lose is my adc literally getting dced for 9 mins and i STILL won lane and got 2 solo kills keeping up with the adcs cs only to lose because both solo lanes fed feelsbadman Basically this post is responding to people bitching about having mage supports in lane, and I responded as to why we pick them so much
Rioter Comments
: What role/lane is Sylas?
from my tests with him on the pbe I'd say mid and jungle would be his best suited areas
: Stop with the Prestige skins already.
until the decline in sales and units unlocked/purchased they're not going to stop making these, I do think that we could add a little more sizzle to prestige editions though, its a good idea but itseems like these latest iterations are a rather lazy output XD
: > [{quoted}](name=SuckasGots 2Know,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=c6lAApKT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-28T16:49:59.166+0000) > > I think essence reaver may be getting yet another change soonish Revert it GODDAMIT I just wanna use it on jayce to get some crit and cdr again :( I miss season 4 {{item:3508}} {{item:3078}} {{item:3053}} {{item:3031}}
if you look on surrenderat20 there is a new function to it that seems to kind of work for bursty AD champs with mana?
: Pretty shocking to see Riot not even talking to us anymore.
I wouldn't be too eager to communicate with a group of raging teenagers either lol
: Riot accused of Trolling???
I don't mean during the trip I mean someone they'd invited to see their facilities reacted to one of their recent patches and said riot seemed to be legit trolling, so someone who riot I would imagine thinks fondly of kind of criticized them in that regard.
: Season 9 will be the Riot shenanigans season
I swear to god imma pistol whip the next person that says shenanigans. (movie quote :P )
: When is the legacy vault coming back?
tbh I haven't seen it in the last 2-3 years
Exoría (EUW)
: Inting teammates in low elo
continue having a competent duo because your likelihood of climbing increases substantially, if you have one other teammate who is consistent it really helps. That's probably the biggest issue with climbing, its a team game yet people fall into this trap of saying 'I did it all by myself' sometimes with a game of a ton of variables, any advantage (legal advantage :) ) you can get is extremely helpful
Diablus X (EUW)
: What is your most top 10 Cancerous Characters in League of legends?
1. Ryze (either insanely horrible/stronk) 2. Lee Sin 3. Olaf 4. Neeko 5. Draven (most people who play him are toxic and/or cocky af, sadly a true meme) 6. Udyr 7. Tryndamere 8. Darius/Garen (people are either duuurrrrrr or ridiculous, its a tie because the playerbase is pretty similar) 9. Yasuo 10. Ahri
: 1. Brand 2. Orianna 3. Zilean 4. Olaf 5. Malzahar 6. Singed 7. Draven 8. Jax 9. Support Veigar 10. Fizz Bonus: Pyke (current ban)
olaf, a highly underrated cancer champ, super annoying XD
warlordekko (EUNE)
: I agree on the Taric one and the rumble one. Taric with Klepto is so annoyingly awesome, and Rumble can be SO ANNOYING when against melees :P
> [{quoted}](name=WarlordEkko,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WZ8as7j1,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-28T17:06:39.506+0000) > > I agree on the Taric one and the rumble one. > Taric with Klepto is so annoyingly awesome, and Rumble can be SO ANNOYING when against melees :P I actually enjoy playing him mid lane where he has that frequent scrap shield, it helps you win trades more handily, that with Doran's shield makes his lv 3-6 a nightmare for a ton of standard mid laners to deal with
warlordekko (EUNE)
: What are the most underrated champions?
hmmm just my thoughts... Illaoi, Taric, Quinn, Kog'Maw, Kayle, Mordekaiser off the top of my head Rumble is another, over the years he's kind of been phased out but he can still wreak havoc in the right situations anyone else?
: Honestly the new essence reaver was a cool experiment but it failed
I think essence reaver may be getting yet another change soonish
: fun off meta builds i've seen this patch
I've been running dark harvest on several adcs instead of the standard PTA or lethal tempo, its pretty nice on certain champs like twitch or xayah who seem stockpile a bunch of damage right about the time a DH would proc with their respective E's. If you can manage to get a lead, rushing bork on xayah instead of stormrazor is pretty good as that slow gives you more time to stockpile feathers before you attempt the root.
Show more

SuckasGots 2Know

Level 32 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion