: My main account was banned 3-4 years ago, curious if its possible to reverse it
No. Riot banks on people like you loading up a fresh account and repurchasing your favorite champions and skins. There is a reason they do not have a personal option to personally mute yourself or a restriction on more than one account per lifetime.
: You can play whatever champion you want, wherever you want. Just don't intentionally feed, be toxic or disconnect from the game and you will be fine.
Jamaree (NA)
: You won't be banned for playing non meta unless you are clearly trolling. Ashe, is fine, ADC Morg is not.
You are incredibly naive if you believe that. This forum is LITTERED with people that were banned for off-meta picks. Zero damage tryndamere = banned Singed Support where you only attack enemy jungler = banned Proxy singed dying too many times = banned Inting sion = banned Roaming teemo support = banned Heres a grandmaster support banned for roaming teemo support at a 63% win rate https://ibb.co/KsyxQXX
: >I keep hearing that you can get banned for playing off-meta in ranked. And they'd be wrong.
No they definitely would not be wrong. Roaming support teemo who was grandmaster tier got permabanned. I got banned for singed support where u just attack the enemy jungler. Nubrac got banned in a NB3 game after ONE game for off-meta pick at 63% win rate. Zero damage tryndamere bannable. Proxxy singed bannable for "intentionally feeding". dual top no jungler bannable.
: >I keep hearing that you can get banned for playing off-meta in ranked. And they'd be wrong.
No they definitely would not be wrong. Roaming support teemo who was grandmaster tier got permabanned. I got banned for singed support where u just attack the enemy jungler. Nubrac got banned in a NB3 game after ONE game for off-meta pick at 63% win rate.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: I am sick of the toxicity in game and people throwing games over irrational childish things
: Some Ideas that might help us improve. (Volunteerly Restricting your own Chat)
The reason riot does not implement the ability to mute your own chat - thereby reducing self-aware people that otherwise cannot help themselves - is they are banking on you coming back and spending more money on a new account. Its a financial decision. They dont give two shits how awful people are to eachother in this game. Over 10 years they have not tried this once.
: A person soft inted my game,how do i make sure they get banned?
Why cant you grow up and move on with your life realizing how emotionally stunted you are to be sitting on the internet BEGGING somebody to "hurt" a guy that "hurt" you back. Grow up.
: How much time do you think one needs to get 30 lvl, 5-6 main champions and 15 other champions just to get in ranked games? And how much fun will he get from playing freepick champions in normal games? How much time is then wasted for a, say, Diamond player to get his placements done, arrive at some Gold elo and climb through back to Diamond? What could that player reach during that time if he wasn't banned?
> [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AwRQe3pw,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-09-09T18:15:10.395+0000) > > How much time do you think one needs to get 30 lvl, 5-6 main champions and 15 other champions just to get in ranked games? And how much fun will he get from playing freepick champions in normal games? > How much time is then wasted for a, say, Diamond player to get his placements done, arrive at some Gold elo and climb through back to Diamond? > What could that player reach during that time if he wasn't banned? Do you not know how the new levelling system works? You get 7 free champions, two boxes, an XP boost and three rune pages over a 7 day period. Your analogy with Diamond players climbing again is kind of my point though. All that ban did was take a diamond player and put him in silver and gold to just SMASH new players ruining their experience. You seem to underestimate how much fun it is to go 24/4 and absolutely demolish and troll the enemy team as you climb back up to your appropriate rank. The term is "smurfing" and its popular whether someone is banned or not.
Keiaga (NA)
: because their account is banned and most players don't actually want to lose the time and money invested in their account.
> [{quoted}](name=Keiaga,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AwRQe3pw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-09T18:02:36.180+0000) > > because their account is banned and most players don't actually want to lose the time and money invested in their account. Money aspect I can see. If you spend money on a game that is known for locking accounts though thats incredibly stupid on their part. The time part does not make much sense though. Remaking another account or obtaining one from other sources still allows you to play the same game modes in the same elo range with the same rewards regardless of your account.
: Because when riot bans someone, it's their way of saying "we don't want you playing our game any more. gtfo!" They can't prevent them from making a new account tho. That's entirely up to the summoner
> [{quoted}](name=Sinful Succubus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AwRQe3pw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-09T17:35:59.156+0000) > > Because when riot bans someone, it's their way of saying "we don't want you playing our game any more. gtfo!" > > They can't prevent them from making a new account tho. That's entirely up to the summoner Yeah i guess. I find it really funny that riot thinks putting someone into more ranked matches that they dont belong in is helping to make this game a better place. I know when I'm banned its nice because those first few ranked games I can troll and grief and still win and just enrage not only myself but the enemy team.
Rioter Comments
: TBH, it's pretty hard to ban people by their actions compared to words. You can always troll without getting banned. It would take very obvious actions to get banned. You eventually should learn to deal with it.
> [{quoted}](name=tbh i am bad lol,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=p5jno0yX,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-03T14:33:04.110+0000) > > TBH, it's pretty hard to ban people by their actions compared to words. You can always troll without getting banned. It would take very obvious actions to get banned. You eventually should learn to deal with it. Stop calling it a ban. Its an elo reset. That is all it is. These "toxic" players you are talking about that are ruining your games are either guys on a smurf account and dont care while they wait for their main to become active again or are climbing again due to their account being elo reset and dont care if they throw a game or two on their way back to their regular elo.
: How do players feel about reporting toxic players?
Heres why it doesnt work. My account gets banned, I just make a new one and play again. I'm still playing league, I'm still playing against people in my elo and the only thing I've changed is I'll only buy accounts and not skins or content from riot.
: Got flamed the entire game for having a bad game.
You should quit the game. If pixels on your screen hurt you so badly and affect your real life to the point you quit the game, open a web browser, go to leagueoflegends.com, select log-in, enter your username and password, do the I AM NOT A ROBOT puzzle, scroll through the menus, select Player Behavior and CREATE DISCUSSION and proceed to attempt to get sympathy for being slighted by people you'll never see again, it's time to say goodbye. Not everyone is mentally strong enough for seeing one negative comment and hitting MUTE and simply moving on with their lives.
Ulanopo (NA)
: >You must be american. I see the 2nd amendment argument all over you. I think that perhaps does not mean what you think it means. 2nd Amendment involves the right to bear arms. I happen to believe the Supreme Court's ruling in Heller was on point: gun ownership and use is an individual right, but subject to government control. I think it would be better if we had some more restrictions on the guns one can carry and where they can be taken, but I'm not an extremist on either side of the gun debate. You may perhaps be confusing that with the 1st Amendment, which addresses Free Speech, among other rights. I am very much pro-free speech. Regardless, none of this addresses the point I was making: there's no evidence that a full mute would produce different results from chat restrictions, as highly toxic chat can bump one to a 14-day pretty easily. This includes the "racial or homophobic slurs or death threats" you mention, which means these people won't be chatting at all, as _they're not playing._
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=0000000100010002000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-11T20:22:22.455+0000) > > I think that perhaps does not mean what you think it means. 2nd Amendment involves the right to bear arms. I happen to believe the Supreme Court&#x27;s ruling in Heller was on point: gun ownership and use is an individual right, but subject to government control. I think it would be better if we had some more restrictions on the guns one can carry and where they can be taken, but I&#x27;m not an extremist on either side of the gun debate. > > You may perhaps be confusing that with the 1st Amendment, which addresses Free Speech, among other rights. I am very much pro-free speech. > > Regardless, none of this addresses the point I was making: there&#x27;s no evidence that a full mute would produce different results from chat restrictions, as highly toxic chat can bump one to a 14-day pretty easily. This includes the &quot;racial or homophobic slurs or death threats&quot; you mention, which means these people won&#x27;t be chatting at all, as _they&#x27;re not playing._ Well your education system ranking sure is proving to be true. In the developed world, we call people " 2nd Amendment people " based on their strawman arguments and inability to see the evidence and proof being exhibited around the world as factual. There are many games where full mutes are implemented and the communities are much much better. Again, I'll list blizzard who implements full game mutes for all activities when people have been negative or abusive. People dont lose accounts in that game to start over fresh or are there timed bans for said behavior. Your options are 1) be abusive to other humans and your account gets a scaling mute - every penalty doubles based on how many muted games you had 2) you dont lose your account to just start all over again. <removed by moderation>
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: That's just the thing though: The spectacular failure of Riot's experiment was not (only) that people continued being verbally toxic. The problem was that people started looking for other ways to express their frustration. A significant portion of people hit with those virtually infinite chat restrictions resorted to trolling and feeding. **That** is the failure of the experiment, not that people continued being toxic but that their behaviour escalated to more impactful and less easy to detect toxicity. And given that this effect is likely based on their **limited** ability to use chat there really is no reason to believe that a mute would give any better results. In fact it seems more plausible that it would create even worse results.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=0000000100010002000100000001000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-11T20:53:46.407+0000) > > That&#x27;s just the thing though: The spectacular failure of Riot&#x27;s experiment was not (only) that people continued being verbally toxic. The problem was that people started looking for other ways to express their frustration. A significant portion of people hit with those virtually infinite chat restrictions resorted to trolling and feeding. **That** is the failure of the experiment, not that people continued being toxic but that their behaviour escalated to more impactful and less easy to detect toxicity. > > And given that this effect is likely based on their **limited** ability to use chat there really is no reason to believe that a mute would give any better results. In fact it seems more plausible that it would create even worse results. I've never had a game during that time where someone was just trolling or inting because they couldnt be racist or rude. My games were better overall.
: The worst person u ever have played against
Probably me. When I get an account banned I just make a brand new one and follow around the people that are clearly brand new. Either steal all their farm a d play dumb (this allows me to stay in the same elo as brand new people and destroy their experiences) or do the same thing but with kills if the newest player is on the enemy team. Before my main got banned I used keytweaks and never spoke in game just flamed in post game. Maybe you'll meet one of my many accounts in the near future so I can change your mind :)
Rioter Comments
: How do I avoid a second ban (Help me identify what I said wrong so I can learn )
Why even stress. Just make a new account and dont buy any skins. It takes like one week to do it and if you dont have anything of value on it u dont really lose anything when you are banned. You'll still be playing the game.
Ulanopo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Suckdeezbeez,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=0000000100010002000100000001,timestamp=2018-08-05T18:09:35.382+0000) > > Riot has never once in this games history muted players. Not a single one. That's technically true. They gave players large numbers of chat restrictions, which amounted to the same thing. There was never any evidence that an actual mute would produce different results, though.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=00000001000100020001000000010000,timestamp=2018-08-05T19:17:50.891+0000) > > That&#x27;s technically true. They gave players large numbers of chat restrictions, which amounted to the same thing. There was never any evidence that an actual mute would produce different results, though. Oh really, so the complete inability to send any messages would result in the same amount of racial or homophobic slurs or death threats that someone who could send 14 messages while chat restricted would. You must be american. I see the 2nd amendment argument all over you.
REDNITE (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Suckdeezbeez,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NFIEw267,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-04T16:27:53.245+0000) > > AFK doesnt ever get you banned because it doesnt ruin a core function of the game. It&#x27;s not like typing in all-caps &quot;CAN YOU PLEASE GANK MY FUCKING LANE&quot; which inherently puts your team behind and actually IS bannable. Riot knows what they are doing. I dont talk about ban i talk about increasing punishment for AFK's . And how some AFK at 11 min doesnt ruins a game as there is no remake after 3 MIN like do you understand what you are saying or you just joking.
> [{quoted}](name=REDNITE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NFIEw267,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-08-05T06:53:26.816+0000) > > I dont talk about ban i talk about increasing punishment for AFK&#x27;s . And how some AFK at 11 min doesnt ruins a game as there is no remake after 3 MIN like do you understand what you are saying or you just joking. If afk and inting made the game unplayable or affected game integrity or game play they wouldnt have spent 9 years working on a system to combat people telling eachother they suck. Feeding, trolling and inting as well as AFK or following jungle around doesnt ruin games or put teams behind. Typing in all caps does. That's why the system bans you for typing in all caps instead of going 2/40 and being 11 levels behind.
Ulanopo (NA)
: As has been explained elsewhere, Riot already tried that and it failed spectacularly.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=000000010001000200010000,timestamp=2018-08-05T02:23:30.979+0000) > > As has been explained elsewhere, Riot already tried that and it failed spectacularly. Riot has never once in this games history muted players. Not a single one.
Ulanopo (NA)
: That sounds like blackmail to me. "Let me be _this_ toxic forever or I'll be even more toxic". I don't fault Riot for not accommodating you, as there's no winning there.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=0000000100010002,timestamp=2018-08-04T18:33:14.474+0000) > > That sounds like blackmail to me. &quot;Let me be _this_ toxic forever or I&#x27;ll be even more toxic&quot;. I don&#x27;t fault Riot for not accommodating you, as there&#x27;s no winning there. How is it blackmail. I asked them to remove my chat function. That's it. They banned my account instead of helping so I just make a new account. Every new account starts at level 1. When I make a new account there is no MMR or elo. I smash and destroy and taunt and insult new players to get them banned since getting 35 kills And an instant feedback report popup is as gratifying an experience as this game has to offer. Riot decided they wanted a player like me playing games with brand new people instead of in ranked matches in my MMR. Also, since I no longer spend money on this game getting an account banned doesnt mean fuck all to me. Theres no history on a new account. Theres no borders or limited edition skins. Theres literally no reason to be a nice player. I'll lose a game just to follow around a 0/20 ashe spamming my laugh because, honestly, why not. This system they have in place just kills new player development. Had my account not been banned I never would have came across any of the probably 150 brand new people making an account. I imagine I made atleast 15 of them quit forever. That is just me, as one person. Thise are 15 revenue streams. I'll say it again, nice and simple. There is no penalty to being permabanned except to destroy this games playerbase by ruining the new player experience. That's it.
Leyruh (EUW)
: Perhaps you already used all your refunds? This is unfortunate, but you should check how the skin looks like before buying it. There's a Youtube Channel called Skin Spotlights which does what the name says : Spotlights for League of Legends skins. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0NwzCHb8Fg89eTB5eYX17Q Go there whenever you feel like buying a skin. The splash art may look great, but the in-game model may not meet your expectations.
> [{quoted}](name=Leyruh,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IstKLPMR,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-04T15:21:49.367+0000) > > Perhaps you already used all your refunds? > > This is unfortunate, but you should check how the skin looks like before buying it. > > There&#x27;s a Youtube Channel called Skin Spotlights which does what the name says : Spotlights for League of Legends skins. > > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0NwzCHb8Fg89eTB5eYX17Q > > Go there whenever you feel like buying a skin. The splash art may look great, but the in-game model may not meet your expectations. Watching a video and actually feeling it in game are two different things.
: when you're an inhibitor tower, and there is a stiff breeze
Julían (NA)
: After 5/6 seasons of being Diamond, and playing since 2010...
Come to the dark side. Stomp noobs making brand new accounts with the rest of us. Nothing is more gratifying than seeing that popup because you shit on a brand new 7th game league player and hes never played a game that is so coddled and babyish that one curseword removes the ability to play anymore.
: You shouldn't do that! Even if it's funny. Some people really want to get into this game. It's best to make their early experiences as great as possible. But you're right, though. That's a prime example of why the punishment system needs work. It enables negative gameplay through the very system that's supposed to promote positivity.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=00000001000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-04T17:17:06.619+0000) > > You shouldn&#x27;t do that! Even if it&#x27;s funny. Some people really want to get into this game. It&#x27;s best to make their early experiences as great as possible. > > But you&#x27;re right, though. That&#x27;s a prime example of why the punishment system needs work. It enables negative gameplay through the very system that&#x27;s supposed to promote positivity. If Riot wanted me to play in my elo they wouldnt remove my option to do that and tell me start again. They were banking on people getting banned and spending money. That isnt happening anymore.
: > [{quoted}](name=Suckdeezbeez,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dHNKG27X,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-08-04T17:06:55.302+0000) > > No he wont. Besides, hard inting like that doesnt ruin the game. Telling someone they suck however destroys a core function of the game and immediately runs your teams chances of winning. I mean... yes it does quite a lot. When your team is more involved in a flame war, or someone is making another teammate demoralized. 100% they won't function at their best.
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dHNKG27X,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-04T17:19:24.978+0000) > > I mean... yes it does quite a lot. When your team is more involved in a flame war, or someone is making another teammate demoralized. 100% they won&#x27;t function at their best. Yeah that's my point. Someone just running it down or completely afk is much better than someone playing less than their best. Just do the math. MF runs it down mid and completely quits playing. She dies 22 times. No way to mute her gameplay or trolling. Your team is obviously operating at 100% though since 20% of the players arent even playing. I tell galio mid hes stupid for constantly towerdiving ryze. That one comment spirals the entire team into a state of immutable chaos. Galio still plays and stops towerdiving but since his feelings are hurt (I guess you personally are that sensitive) the team is now operating at less than 100%, unlike the previous example. I am just like you friend, if I had the option of four teammates that tried their absolute hardest to win the fucking game but raged out in a mutable option like chat OR the option to take the intentional feeder or AFK that couldnt care less about winning but he doesnt type once, I'm taking that feeder every time. Nothing more awful than spending 40 minutes to win a game but someone's passive aggressive comments hurt me physically like they hurt you. I'm ranking in league for the sheltered experience. I'm not here to be told its retarded to solo dragon on reksai at level 3.
Ellena18 (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Ellena18,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7ujZfLIm,comment-id=00020000000100010000,timestamp=2018-08-04T17:21:43.469+0000) > > and what u got but hurt cus somebody called u nuub ?and couldent live with it? What does that have to do with anything. English please? I dont speak other languages.
: Pick a large region with the most banned accounts. I assume that was the reasoning
> [{quoted}](name=KrakenKnight,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=00070002,timestamp=2018-07-30T23:17:21.612+0000) > > Pick a large region with the most banned accounts. I assume that was the reasoning Pick a region with lagging sales and declining playerbase is more accurate.
Ellena18 (EUW)
: i played wow for 12 years never seen a toxic person in wow
> [{quoted}](name=Ellena18,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7ujZfLIm,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2018-08-04T16:52:24.703+0000) > > i played wow for 12 years never seen a toxic person in wow Join any PVP battleground or raid finder. Clearly you arent truly playing the game.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=VALUABLE PLAYER,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7ujZfLIm,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-08-04T16:51:56.051+0000) > > So you&#x27;re telling me toxic players were just toxic in another form? so what does perma banning people do, it just makes them smurf on a level 30 account and reclimb the ladder They tried allowing them to reform, they tried perma muting, they tried lesser punishments, all those methods failed because all the people dead set on being toxic continued to be. A Permaban is them asking you to leave and preferably not return.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7ujZfLIm,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-04T17:01:03.213+0000) > > They tried allowing them to reform, they tried perma muting, they tried lesser punishments, all those methods failed because all the people dead set on being toxic continued to be. > > A Permaban is them asking you to leave and preferably not return. Riot has never muted period let alone a permamute. Theres a reason it's called a chat RESTRICTION and not a chat MUTE.
: Once again, ignoring the problem, Do you really think that players who get permanently banned on average are going to quit? Most players who get permanently banned are usually the ones who care more about winning games, at least from anecdotes, I haven't met a toxic player who was just toxic just for the hell of it .
> [{quoted}](name=VALUABLE PLAYER,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7ujZfLIm,comment-id=00020000000000010000,timestamp=2018-08-04T17:05:52.360+0000) > > Once again, ignoring the problem, > > Do you really think that players who get permanently banned on average are going to quit? Most players who get permanently banned are usually the ones who care more about winning games, at least from anecdotes, I haven't met a toxic player who was just toxic just for the hell of it . When I get permabanned I just make a new account and destroy the new players. I'll lose a game on a new account just to ruin one new players experience because I KNOW his teammates are losing it on him. Riot wants this over me playing ranked in my ELO anyways. It's also more fun getting the instant gratification popup than it is winning.
: Report him and move on. Its obvious inting and he will get picked up by their detection system.
> [{quoted}](name=EuphoricToaster,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dHNKG27X,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-04T16:30:46.853+0000) > > Report him and move on. Its obvious inting and he will get picked up by their detection system. No he wont. Besides, hard inting like that doesnt ruin the game. Telling someone they suck however destroys a core function of the game and immediately runs your teams chances of winning.
: How long will it take to reach Honor Level 2
It's faster to just make a new account. Destroy every new player you come across and use the essence you get to buy your best 5 champions and fill in the rest with 450s so you can play ranked at 30. Resume play on your main next season.
: I think Riot needs to not look at the Permaban option itself, but what leads to Permabans in the first place. If someone such as myself are punished STRICTLY for negative chat, then the problem itself lies within chat. Dealing with that player's chat is the best solution because it has the least negative impact on both that player, others, and the health of their game, as you yourself show and say. Negative chat should not be punished in the same manner as intentional feeding, hate speech, or cheating. Those are all different circumstances that should be handled differently.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=000000010001000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-04T16:56:17.547+0000) > > I think Riot needs to not look at the Permaban option itself, but what leads to Permabans in the first place. If someone such as myself are punished STRICTLY for negative chat, then the problem itself lies within chat. Dealing with that player&#x27;s chat is the best solution because it has the least negative impact on both that player, others, and the health of their game, as you yourself show and say. Negative chat should not be punished in the same manner as intentional feeding, hate speech, or cheating. Those are all different circumstances that should be handled differently. Yup, I sent riot a support ticket telling them to remove my option to chat because I cant help myself sometimes. Their response was "dont be toxic". Riot has never had any intention of removing toxicity from their games. It's not hard to know that internally they have numbers of people that spend money on new accounts which is why they continue to punish excessively for the lowest hanging fruit they can find. As I said previously though, I dont care now. Once my main was banned I just started buying accounts for $15 trying to get people to swear at me or destroy some lowbies on new accounts. The instant gratificstion of seeing that popup is on-par with getting 20+ kills against a guy that's on his 6th ever PVP game. Before my main was banned for "nagging my teammates" (it was not homophobic or hate speech or throwing games) I played hundreds of ranked games and won a vast majority of them. I'd quit at G5 to get the skin then play flex with friends (Dapper Hat was my main). After it got banned though, I just find joy in other things and dont spend a dime on any Riot skins or champions.
Dllesh (NA)
: oh my fucking god... so all the worse of the worse will be able to come back to the game and keep being horrible yaaaa! who would not love that idea....
> [{quoted}](name=Dllesh,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-07-30T20:24:35.283+0000) > > oh my fucking god... so all the worse of the worse will be able to come back to the game and keep being horrible yaaaa! who would not love that idea.... We have always been here. We just destroy new player experiences instead. It takes like three days to level to 30 anyways.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Suckdeezbeez,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7ujZfLIm,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-04T16:42:24.726+0000) > > Riot implementing a system like Blizzard does where you are permamute, NOT given a message every 4 minutes but straight up permamuted, would solve so many fucking issues with this game. Imagine if this was a policy 5 years ago how much effort and time they could have put into a detection system for role snipers, malicious afkers, and people that are ACTUALLY intentionally feeding. Except they had that before...and it failed since the toxic players were just toxic in other ways. > I have never ONCE had my game ruined by someone throwing insults and baby raging. Not once. I cannot even count how many I have had ruined from people leaving though, or dying once and giving up lane following jungler around or stealing someone else&#x27;s role in champ select. All verbal permabans do is move a ranked level 30 player off of ranked for three days while they fucjing destroy the new player experience as they level a new account up. That is you, that isn’t everyone
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7ujZfLIm,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-08-04T16:46:51.207+0000) > > Except they had that before...and it failed since the toxic players were just toxic in other ways. > > That is you, that isn’t everyone Riot has never had a mute system. A chat restriction is different from a mute. Your second comment that people were "just toxic in other ways" is also bullshit. Neither one of your incorrect opinions bothers me though. I just destroy new players that join this game in low levels since riot doesnt want me trying my hardest to win at my regular elo. It's more fun to kill a new guy who has maybe 20 games ever under his belt 27 times and then ask him how, at level 9 account, he hasn't realized this game is not for him. It's not being toxic, it's just Riots business model.
: > [{quoted}](name=Suckdeezbeez,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2018-08-04T15:57:33.337+0000) > > Driving away business? Since my main got banned I have made four other accounts. I&#x27;ve stomped brand new players and probably drove away people that were willing to spend money on this game. That's...actually a terrifying argument right there. It never occurred to me to think about it that way. Riot openly accepts banned players making new accounts, but I don't know if they consider the fact that it means that they're putting potentially high skill and high ranking players in the lower brackets. A major complaint, and one Riot is constantly asking us about via those small client surveys, is whether or not "smurfs" among other players are causing a negative experience, and if boards prove anything it's that generally the answer is "yes." I get why Permabans are a thing, but I wonder whether or not Riot is balancing the affects of Permabans vs low tier gameplay health. I for one have had problems with high skill players in low ELO gaming since Season 3, and it's not only because those players are better than me or my team mates.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=0000000100010001,timestamp=2018-08-04T16:41:51.871+0000) > > That&#x27;s...actually a terrifying argument right there. It never occurred to me to think about it that way. Riot openly accepts banned players making new accounts, but I don&#x27;t know if they consider the fact that it means that they&#x27;re putting potentially high skill and high ranking players in the lower brackets. A major complaint, and one Riot is constantly asking us about via those small client surveys, is whether or not &quot;smurfs&quot; among other players are causing a negative experience, and if boards prove anything it&#x27;s that generally the answer is &quot;yes.&quot; > > I get why Permabans are a thing, but I wonder whether or not Riot is balancing the affects of Permabans vs low tier gameplay health. I for one have had problems with high skill players in low ELO gaming since Season 3, and it&#x27;s not only because those players are better than me or my team mates. Without the option to just allow me to start at lvl 30, or level 15 or even just have my chat option removed (I asked for the equivalent of a Bizzard ban where your ability to send messages is permanently removed). All were met with a "no". If I dont get permabanned and just have chat removed as I requested I stay at my ELO level, I keep purchasing event boxes and new skins and I stay out of low level games. Instead I am met with resistance so I make a new account, absolutely annihilate brand new players, taunt them a bit and drive them back to console or fortnite which are very noob friendly. The only way someone should be permabanned is for consistently leaving ranked matches, consistently role sniping, consistently giving up lane or homophobic or hate speech. That's it. These things ACTUALLY ruin the game. I have never had a ban for any of those things but for what Riot support quoted as "consistently nagging teammates". Doesnt matter to me though, the most exciting thing is getting 42 kills as ADC bard in a level 7 game and constantly spamming all chat if "by this time they've realized this game is not for them". Theres no better feeling than just destroying enemies and the best place for that is on a brand new account.
Kei143 (NA)
: So .. direct 14-day ban without prior chat restrictions? Or you've had past offenses? If it's just a debate on whether the overall system is flawed, then I'll have to break it down and say no to the verbal detction side, yes to the gameplay detection side. No to all the punishments it dishes out.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7ujZfLIm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-04T16:40:46.836+0000) > > So .. direct 14-day ban without prior chat restrictions? Or you&#x27;ve had past offenses? > > If it&#x27;s just a debate on whether the overall system is flawed, then I&#x27;ll have to break it down and say no to the verbal detction side, yes to the gameplay detection side. No to all the punishments it dishes out. If he used a racial or homophobic slur or any of the "buzzwords" the system detects it's an instant two-week ban.
: Let us discuss Riot's automated Banning system
Riot implementing a system like Blizzard does where you are permamute, NOT given a message every 4 minutes but straight up permamuted, would solve so many fucking issues with this game. Imagine if this was a policy 5 years ago how much effort and time they could have put into a detection system for role snipers, malicious afkers, and people that are ACTUALLY intentionally feeding. I have never ONCE had my game ruined by someone throwing insults and baby raging. Not once. I cannot even count how many I have had ruined from people leaving though, or dying once and giving up lane following jungler around or stealing someone else's role in champ select. All verbal permabans do is move a ranked level 30 player off of ranked for three days while they fucjing destroy the new player experience as they level a new account up.
: It's pretty unfortunate that one day we feel like every of us has a chance to get the suspension lifted but few days later we know we didn't. That doesn't mean I don't thank Riot games for opening this experiment again, it's just that it's all on the hands of other people that might not care or do care... I hope the players that got unbanned actually reform because there's people like me that lost a lot because of our immature attitudes and we really regret our actions. So if you are one of those who are participating in the experiment, please take it seriously, this type of opportunity maybe happen once in a lifetime.
> [{quoted}](name=Its me Dennis,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-04T04:15:19.237+0000) > > It&#x27;s pretty unfortunate that one day we feel like every of us has a chance to get the suspension lifted but few days later we know we didn&#x27;t. That doesn&#x27;t mean I don&#x27;t thank Riot games for opening this experiment again, it&#x27;s just that it&#x27;s all on the hands of other people that might not care or do care... I hope the players that got unbanned actually reform because there&#x27;s people like me that lost a lot because of our immature attitudes and we really regret our actions. > > So if you are one of those who are participating in the experiment, please take it seriously, this type of opportunity maybe happen once in a lifetime. Games not even fun right now. Just make a new account and destroy some new players like everyone else does that's been permabanned.
: After riot took your money? You spent money on your account and you throw your chances away at playing on that account.
> [{quoted}](name=feed rage blame,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=0000000100010000,timestamp=2018-08-04T16:28:03.044+0000) > > After riot took your money? You spent money on your account and you throw your chances away at playing on that account. Yup, then I made a new one and probably drove away 40 players from ever spending a dime. There is nothing more tilting than losing 2/26 and post-game reading something along the lines of "you know, by level 7 with games like this maybe you can see this game is not for you". I always try my hardest to win my games for my teammates but if that tryhard attitude comes in ranked with typing "STOP DIVING GALIO UNDER THE FUCKING TOWER YOU MORON" it's not what players want. Personally I'd rather a 60% win rate player who verbally rages than a 20% win rate player that is silent but runs it down for 42 deaths and keeps his account. I guess everyone is different though, so I've just stopped being the first guy and started being the second guy. Besides accounts are $15 now for 30 or more champions. I am strictly a F2P player whereas before I would gladly drop a few hundred dollars on events and stuff.
REDNITE (NA)
: Riot should do more punishment for AFK's in ranked.
AFK doesnt ever get you banned because it doesnt ruin a core function of the game. It's not like typing in all-caps "CAN YOU PLEASE GANK MY FUCKING LANE" which inherently puts your team behind and actually IS bannable. Riot knows what they are doing.
: I think this post is less of you actually caring how Riot decides to punish their players and _more_ of you realizing that you've just lost another account for good, and it's probably taking it's toll on you. There is nothing to gain in the pride of multiple perma-banned accounts. That only makes you look stubborn and unwilling to change from an unhealthy lifestyle. Usually, real life problems are the most common cause of unwarranted, arrogant and unwavering toxicity - it is transferred from reality to virtual as a form of releasing built up anger. So that being said, I do hope all is well in your personal life, and that is a genuine wish of mine.
> [{quoted}](name=Messenger Valon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cTEp4ns1,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-08-04T05:22:59.300+0000) > > I think this post is less of you actually caring how Riot decides to punish their players and _more_ of you realizing that you&#x27;ve just lost another account for good, and it&#x27;s probably taking it&#x27;s toll on you. There is nothing to gain in the pride of multiple perma-banned accounts. That only makes you look stubborn and unwilling to change from an unhealthy lifestyle. > > Usually, real life problems are the most common cause of unwarranted, arrogant and unwavering toxicity - it is transferred from reality to virtual as a form of releasing built up anger. So that being said, I do hope all is well in your personal life, and that is a genuine wish of mine. That's not true. Many people enjoy destroying lowbies and unskilled players. Others do it because when you dont spend money on an account a permaban isnt really a punishment. The games are easier anyways from levels 1-17.
Jo0o (NA)
: Because it doesn't work. Riot used to allow indefinitely stacking chat restrictions, to the point of essentially being perma-mutes. All this did was force toxic players to find other ways to express their toxicity, such as inting and trolling.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cTEp4ns1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-04T02:38:41.545+0000) > > Because it doesn&#x27;t work. Riot used to allow indefinitely stacking chat restrictions, to the point of essentially being perma-mutes. All this did was force toxic players to find other ways to express their toxicity, such as inting and trolling. That's not a permamute. A permamute is what Blizzard does where you cannot send chat messages period. Instead of that, people that are permabanned just spend $15 on a new account or absolutely crush and drive away brand new first time players. Go ahead and make a new account and see just how many games you have where someone CLEARLY has never played before. It's literally killing the game.
: Hate to say it, but that kind of flaming is pretty light. Not that your experience was acceptable. You shouldnt have to take that. It is helpful to inform people youre new, this will let them play more carefully in expectation that you wont see signs of when to go in or back off as quickly as they will. A little bit of occasional yelling is to be expected in any competitive game/environment. What is over the line is some people take it upon themselves to try make people suffer emotionally because they were mad at another players mistakes. Iv seen a lot of hate in this game, Im glad you were able to work to a point where you could come back. I wish you luck, and want to inform you that the most powerful tool at your disposal is the ability to mute toxic people. DO NOT respond to them once you know theyre tilted, raging, or blaming out of control. At most say "Please calm down, dont tilt." If they persist, mute. Dont tell them theyre muted, just mute them; if they were really unpleasant before you muted report them after the match. Anyway, I hope you can continue to enjoy the game, and improve. Welcome and good luck!
> [{quoted}](name=WeaselRune,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7E2s9eAZ,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-08-02T09:41:47.271+0000) > > Hate to say it, but that kind of flaming is pretty light. Not that your experience was acceptable. You shouldnt have to take that. > > It is helpful to inform people youre new, this will let them play more carefully in expectation that you wont see signs of when to go in or back off as quickly as they will. A little bit of occasional yelling is to be expected in any competitive game/environment. What is over the line is some people take it upon themselves to try make people suffer emotionally because they were mad at another players mistakes. > > Iv seen a lot of hate in this game, Im glad you were able to work to a point where you could come back. I wish you luck, and want to inform you that the most powerful tool at your disposal is the ability to mute toxic people. DO NOT respond to them once you know theyre tilted, raging, or blaming out of control. At most say &quot;Please calm down, dont tilt.&quot; If they persist, mute. Dont tell them theyre muted, just mute them; if they were really unpleasant before you muted report them after the match. > > Anyway, I hope you can continue to enjoy the game, and improve. Welcome and good luck! Riot wants this. It's the reason they permaban accounts. They want you to make a new account, to spend money on it and destroy new players experience. What other explanation is there for permabanning verbal and nagging players but letting hard inters roam free in every ELO.
Aneirin (OCE)
: I've seen Soraka jg win games. You don't have the right to tell people what champions they can't play or flame them when they do.
> [{quoted}](name=Aneirin,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bTMGgnNW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-29T23:35:03.678+0000) > > I&#x27;ve seen Soraka jg win games. You don&#x27;t have the right to tell people what champions they can&#x27;t play or flame them when they do. Yes he can. Theres currently a necro'd thread where Wookie said that the point of league isnt to win and play what you are best at, but to ensure everyone on your team is OK with the champion you play. Sure it has 719 Downvotes but hes lead on PB system. And to the OP, just make a new account and destroy some first time league players. It's the best way to get back at Riot. Cant grow the game when someone hears about what a fun and cool game it is then proceeds to get 0/27'd at 16 minutes while their teammates rage at them.
POMÆ (EUW)
: The game must be dying if they are reaching for those permabanned guys to play again {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
> [{quoted}](name=POMÆ,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xUzhX6xp,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-08-04T07:37:46.311+0000) > > The game must be dying if they are reaching for those permabanned guys to play again > {{sticker:sg-kiko}} As I posted previously, the biggest complaint right now is smurfing and ruining new player experience. I have played this game since its inception and when I make a new account since my main gets banned that's over 100 games of levelling where, in some instance, I'll have 3 enemy team members that are first timing this game. I abuse them going out of my way to completely destroy them and finish the game with something like "by now maybe you should find this game is not for you". Had my main account been given the option to play without chat (as I ticketed riot support) I'd be in ranked games trying my hardest to win. Riot seemed to believe that the best option though was to permaban accounts because we would just make another account and spend more money. Its $15 for an unranked smurf account with 30 champions on it and since my main got banned (with 50-65% win rates on my main champions) NOT because I was griefing or intentionally dying but because the system flagged me for nagging teammates, I havent spent a dime. I'm now F2P player destroying new players in low level games.
Show more

Suckdeezbeez

Level 41 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion