: Patch 8.19 notes
*sarcasm incoming* Way to go Riot Game, you really overdid yourselves this time. Job well done. Now nobody will ever doubt that you're keeping the values you originally built yourselves upon of listening to your community and not pandering to a small minority or the dollar. Nobody will ever suspect that you threw caution to the wind and outright just forced specific meta picks for your new step-daddy Tencent's cash crop appearance of the year, League of Flashy Plays that over 50% of active consistent players don't even care about or get affected by. *end sarcasm* I am really disappointed that so many good Rioters left instead of fighting to prevent this company from becoming the shame that it cannot see itself turning into. A developer without its soul.
: Also gotta keep in mind that Riot is also likely being pressured to do this by the company that bought them out. Oh let's have Riot make a skin and buff up an already successful champion to attract even more attention to it and make people want to play the champ and buy the skin because people won't buy the skin if they don't want to play the champ and the more money Riot makes the more money we make. Plus we own them. Riot was a LOT cooler before they were 100% bought out by Tencent. They interacted with the community more and actually listened to the community, had more contests and special events, and the game was more popular and loved around that time. That was just under three years ago. Tencent still had a 93% share before then but Riot was still much better.
Being a sellout isn't a good excuse for being a ****ty company though.
: I'm sure Kha won't be broken at all in 8.19... after all, there were already several Kha mains in high ELO even with no buffs. This doesn't feel like forcing a meta at all. It feels like deserved balance changes. It DEFINITELY isn't related to the upcoming Championship Kha'Zix skin either. Oh wait... most of the changes in the last few patches are NOT about correct objective balance. They are about forcing certain comps/picks/strategies to be dominant because Riot thinks they're more entertaining than actually having a properly balanced and diverse game. Is competitive integrity and FAIR balance really not on Riot's priority list anymore? There are so many champions struggling more than Kha even if they're not as "flashy" or popular. Those aren't even small buffs and he already had a good play rate in high ELO, as well as an above average win rate. It's hard to believe they really don't realize that they're just butchering balance with changes like this or for Pyke. Even the Lucian changes were pretty obviously over the top and he's now the best performing ADC in high ELO despite an enormous play rate. If Riot's going to switch to milking people with unwarranted buffs for skins or just because they want to showcase what they think are the "most fun" champions at a big tournament, they're going to lose respect/credibility/trust almost instantly and the game's player base along with it. Favoritism or skins should not play a role in balance. Riot should have a contract with the community where they abide by this. If League is to be a game with longevity, it needs to have an unbiased custodian (perhaps an independent organization). This shows a really irresponsible attitude on Riot's part. It makes a mockery out of people's time in ranked. Someone who's not even good at some of these champions will often see more success than another player with extreme skill on an unloved champion. There shouldn't be such large deltas between the effectiveness of champions and their power levels. Riot has to make a commitment to real balance if they want this game to be taken seriously as a competitive endeavor. When they make changes which clearly distort balance, it devalues the time everyone puts into the game to be good. _____________________________________________________________________________ EDIT: I may have overreacted to the Kha buffs! It remains to be seen but he's not too crazy yet based on the limited sample size so far. However, his play rate shot up a lot so that's always going to depress win rates. On paper, they still seem incredibly scary though and I think having such high damage already + more utility may incentivize tankier builds like Warrior-BC-Sterak's since you're often overkilling targets. I don't really have a problem with Kha being buffed if it's just a small nudge towards viability at the highest levels (although he saw some play even before). I thought that he was being overbuffed specifically to make him a nearly guaranteed pick at Worlds. Ideally, I think every champion should be viable at every level but I don't want the balance team to force a certain meta. It should develop organically and not because something is suddenly broken tier etc. That's all.
I haven't logged in to comment in nearly a year and decided to simply to upvote this. I agree wholeheartedly, if they're not extremely careful and work hard to do some serious damage control, this type of BS can and WILL shorten the already shrinking life expectancy of LoL by even more years. I mainly play premade 5's because of their lack of commitment to player behavior moderation, but this change and those like it that are just a giant one-ingered salute to LEGITIMATELY the other 85% of players is just insulting. Enough is enough. Cannot. Stress. This. Enough. Looks like I'll be playing even more 1-game-a-day Coop vs. A.I. to keep my win of the day going and continue my quest to unlock all champions with B.E. then only play every few days.
Sarutobi (NA)
: As someone who had used the Tribunal when it was up, it was a very slow process, and as others have said, loads of people abused that power to get innocent people banned.
> [{quoted}](name=Sarutobi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4VAdjXXR,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2017-12-12T11:49:12.454+0000) > > As someone who had used the Tribunal when it was up, it was a very slow process, and as others have said, loads of people abused that power to get innocent people banned. And now we have nothing and I get this same issue the OP had more often now because nothing is being done about it.
çõdy (NA)
: Banned Wrongfully for MMR Boosting.
MMR boosting wouldn't be an issue if MMR was actually accurate and statistically valid...
: Reports take time. Imagine how many players are on league. Now imagine how many reports a day. Now an hour. A minute? How many are fake reports, how many are _real_ reports? They're going to have to go through every one and investigate to see if its a legit report or not. Be patient. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
> [{quoted}](name=ImAGhostOoOoOoOo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4VAdjXXR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-12T05:45:35.668+0000) > > Reports take time. > > Imagine how many players are on league. > > Now imagine how many reports a day. Now an hour. A minute? > > How many are fake reports, how many are _real_ reports? > > They're going to have to go through every one and investigate to see if its a legit report or not. Be patient. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} OR they could just put the power back in the player's hands to self-police. You know, like Lyte came up with when the tribunal existed.
Rioter Comments
Junkο (EUNE)
: Lee Sin uses ward hops to try to perform risky ult plays and the like (since you usually end up in the enemy team), Kat used her ward hopping to be ungankable in lane because it was an instant blink in a really short lane. She could just drop a trinket and always be safe. Sure it does give him some unneeded safety, but that's just a consequence. Idk about you but I actually cannot imagine Lee Sin without ward hopping, just sounds kind of useless since he could only use his ult as a finisher most of the time.
> [{quoted}](name=GIaceon,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EstsUcn1,comment-id=000000030000,timestamp=2017-02-21T18:49:20.311+0000) > > Lee Sin uses ward hops to try to perform risky ult plays and the like (since you usually end up in the enemy team), Kat used her ward hopping to be ungankable in lane because it was an instant blink in a really short lane. She could just drop a trinket and always be safe. Sure it does give him some unneeded safety, but that's just a consequence. > > Idk about you but I actually cannot imagine Lee Sin without ward hopping, just sounds kind of useless since he could only use his ult as a finisher most of the time. I don't really care whether or not it's imagineable without ward hopping. The FACT that they've admitted to playing favorites because they refuse to let something go that wasn't intended to be a thing WITHOUT adjusting the power of his kit to be balanced around it is just petty and childish.
: Or even better: Finally remove the wardhop nad balance from there. The wardhop adds power that wasn't intented for his kit, basically removeing all of the weaknesses it once had. And the reason why his ult seemed like such a huge chunk was because 200/400/600+2.0ad IS a big chunk....
> [{quoted}](name=Sire Hippington,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EstsUcn1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-02-21T13:45:31.745+0000) > > Or even better: Finally remove the wardhop nad balance from there. The wardhop adds power that wasn't intented for his kit, basically removeing all of the weaknesses it once had. > > And the reason why his ult seemed like such a huge chunk was because 200/400/600+2.0ad IS a big chunk.... They already admitted they won't because it's too "Iconic" even though they removed it from kat. double standard is real.
: I can see tank supports stacking boots and eye of the watchers and 4 of these items. For less than 5k gold he would take 24% reduced auto and ability damage while having something like Braum E, Alistar ult, Leona W giving extra defenses making it really hard for ranged attackers and even melees to damage them until 30 minutes later.
> [{quoted}](name=PPPPPPPPPPPP270,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qQh7Lg4W,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-02-20T04:19:03.626+0000) > > I can see tank supports stacking boots and eye of the watchers and 4 of these items. > For less than 5k gold he would take 24% reduced auto and ability damage while having something like Braum E, Alistar ult, Leona W giving extra defenses making it really hard for ranged attackers and even melees to damage them until 30 minutes later. *cough* UNIQUE PASSIVES *COUGH*
Lugg (NA)
: Lee Sin needs a major nerf
LCS Favoritsm makes me sick.
Meddler (NA)
: We haven't talked about what an eventual Mundo VGU might look like someday, I'd certainly expect us to embrace his updated personality and backstory wholeheartedly though.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=NxMaaYvf,comment-id=00110000,timestamp=2017-02-17T01:42:55.015+0000) > > We haven't talked about what an eventual Mundo VGU might look like someday, I'd certainly expect us to embrace his updated personality and backstory wholeheartedly though. Even though these quick thoughts obviously don't answer EVERY question or come close to the scope that the monthly Q&A's that Ghostcrawler & Co. do, I really like the idea of you guys getting on a bit more personal level with players in such a manner that we can REALLY Identify with what the devs are doing and how it relates to the game as players. Devs are players too, and this "quick hits" kind of post really helps cultivate a positive environment where both devs and players can grow closer together in the process of gameplay & balance! Keep up the good work! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: A sincere thank you to Riot for recognizing the mistake on 3rd Party Bans and fixing it!
This is what happens when you let automation make decisions that PEOPLE need to make. Imagine if the court systems were run by programs and robots. That's how riot currently does their Player Behavior & Moderation punishments. Pathetic.
: Your average league player when they see the enemy get first blood
simply enforcing being a sportsman and punishing teambreaking defeatist behavior (you know, like the summoner's code outlines) would do riot a lot of good in stamping out this kind of bullshit.
: Patch 7.3 notes
I like the way in which Riot put Vlad's play curve closer to the middle to aid balancing so it's not as dichotomous in terms of player skill. We all KNOW certain champions are only nerfed and mostly unplayable at lower skill levels because they would dominate pro play. Good job Riot! Make changes to champion balance more like this in the future so it's fair to everyone!
: He's been on their radar for a long time now; I think they know what people like about him by now.
> [{quoted}](name=Doctor Jarvis,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Pe99E1sM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-02-04T20:15:02.801+0000) > > He's been on their radar for a long time now; I think they know what people like about him by now. Didn't stop them from screwing over morde, they knew what the playerbase wanted, they did it anyways. Don't even get me started on Cass/Quinn...
: On Lobby Hijacking
Well they don't enforce inting, trolling, or flaming/verbal abuse anyways unless it's laced with expletives and homophobic/racial language, otherwise instant feedback won't catch it. Gotta love it when they stop caring about player behavior, huh?
: They recently [mentioned](http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/02/ask-riot-where-is-butchers-bridge/) that "Player Behavior has a few high-priority things on its plate at the moment". They need to finish the LCU first, which shouldn't be much longer, so you should expect that silence to end relatively soon.
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EqojEYAN,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-02-04T04:41:51.854+0000) > > They recently [mentioned](http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/02/ask-riot-where-is-butchers-bridge/) that "Player Behavior has a few high-priority things on its plate at the moment". They need to finish the LCU first, which shouldn't be much longer, so you should expect that silence to end relatively soon. That's comforting, but autofill trolls are only a small part of a myriad of toxic behaviors that they could be addressing. I'm not going to disagree that it's not top priority, given that they're also working on other systems like bans, the various class updates and onboarding. Given how long league has been around and that tribunal has been down for >50% of that time now, that should warrant SOME kind of response as to what they're doing to replace it and what kind of ideas/projects they have in the works for player behavior. Because let's be honest, Instant feedback was never designed to be a replacement for spotting and correcting behavior that isn't primarily chat based. It has a terrible time spotting in-game behavior like feeding, trolling, or just plain giving up after 5 minutes and dragging the team down if there isn't a ton of chat feedback about it. Flaming and verbal abuse are only two things out of a huge list that instant feedback actually corrects. The rest of the summoner's code has pretty much been left to flounder at this point...
: > Are we to take this as Riot not putting player behavior anywhere near the top of their priorities list? No, we're to take it as the Tribunal isn't being worked on. The Instant Feedback System actually works way better than people give it credit, and not working on a Tribunal doesn't mean they have stopped working on Player Behavior systems as a whole.
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EqojEYAN,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-01-22T20:47:48.989+0000) > > No, we're to take it as the Tribunal isn't being worked on. The Instant Feedback System actually works way better than people give it credit, and not working on a Tribunal doesn't mean they have stopped working on Player Behavior systems as a whole. Strange how they've been conspicuously silent on the PR front for announcing anything behavior related ever since Lyte left. Silence tends to breed doubt in situations like this. Doubt is something best avoided when you're trying to gain or keep your community's trust. #justsaying
: Does anyone else not feel the need to play ranked?
Ranked used to be worth something in that being in a set division actually equated to some measure of skill, game knowledge, and overall commitment and dedication. Now, not so much.
: Is it just me or does winning even feel like, not as fun.
"back in the old days of season 5" and "big plays" in the same paragraph. That's cute. Guess you never played in S3 then...
Xavanic (NA)
: Petition to put an hp bar on yasuo's wind wall
or just make it block projectiles from only one direction, because we all hate how he can wallstride and be pretty much invincible 1v1
: Game client should alert you if you are banning a teammate's pick intent
: Add incognito mode for new client
except that certain in-client actions auto force it to online even after you set status to away.
Wuks (NA)
: Tribunal Not Returning for Foreseeable Future
Are we to take this as Riot not putting player behavior anywhere near the top of their priorities list? Because that's not the way Riot started. You might as well go take the Summoner's Code behind the shed, shoot it in the head, and bury it in the hill if that's the case, because a game that has forming teams and working within them as one of the core values of the gameplay that doesn't make an effort to support positive, sportsmanlike behavior condusive to teamplay whilst discouraging the opposite will never be a sport.
: Make the Tribunal Great Again!
Bringing real, tangible consequences to breaching the code and putting personable faces behind those punishments to teach offenders that it's not just a robotic wrist slap, it's other people disapproving of their actions is something that this game's community SORELY needs. I'm open to most any replacement to the tribunal that brings real ACTIONABLE change at this point, because 4 years is too damn long.
: Ask Riot: Banished to Prisoner’s Island
This all stems from them leaving the Summoner's Code to rot and losing sight of the spirit of what makes a MOBA work. A team. It's time to stop talking half-measures to "reform" players when everyone knows Riot doesn't wanna let go of their illusion of competitive integrity in ranked, even if that means allowing people who clearly don't have the Code's tenets in mind at all to play. Running contra to what makes a team a single, cohesive unit that can work through adversity to achieve victory so that you can maintain the resulting lie of "competition" is no victory at all. LoL and other MOBAs that follow this pattern of supporting competition while not putting sportsmanlike conduct at the forefront of it will never truly be a real sport until they realize that simple fact. Sportsmen (and women) are what makes sports sporting, and not just a bunch of competitors winning and losing. Quash the quasi-punishment bullshit and start taking REAL steps to reform or remove toxic players from the competitive environment, or stay stuck with the bad rep of one of the most toxic communities in MOBAs and PvP gaming today. Reform cards, temporary chat mutes, and queue restrictions are simply pieces of bubblegum stuck in a huge dam of player behavior problems that riot's reneged to shore up, and it's ready to fail. I hope Riot rushes to fix this problem in the wake of Lyte leaving and the tribunals prolonged absence(almost 4 years now), or I'm not going to be anywhere close to downstream when it happens.
: @Riot .. We Teemo mains want some compensation !
: Teemo disabled until when?!
Hopefully forever. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: 2000+ Games as Akali. Riot & community, can you read what I have to say about her update?
: What do you think is the most Balanced Champion in the Game?
Bronzodia is the most balanced champion. Nah real talk though, probably a toss up between {{champion:11}} and {{champion:62}} in my book. Although no champion will EVER be 100% balanced, just keep that in mind.
: The one major problem with the Shyvana Rework
The real problem is putting mechanics on champions that Riot will conveniently forget about and end up being a huge boon or detriment to the champion when whatever those mechanics affect changes or becomes more or less relevant. *COUGH* {{champion:82}} Dragonforce Ulti passive *COUGH*
: So now that LeBlanc has a tether range indicator
{{champion:25}} has had one forever on her ulti too, idk why Riot Game won't just do a whole range indication pass on all tethers like {{champion:56}} 's too.
Sozan5 (EUNE)
: @Rito Have you considered changing vision in regards to traps?
TBH teemo needs some updating, his kit is very aged. I feel like Riot did a decent job not going as overboard as they could have in the "forget all the traps" department, while still maintaining some level of parity to fairness. Oracles elixir has been gone since the S4 preseason, so given that they reworked stealth into invis and camo, I feel like they're not saying screw-all to traps just yet since generally speaking camo/invis were intended to primarily address champions, there's still no proximity vision to traps without itemization/mechanical aid. Most of your ideas about the itemization tweaks to duskblade/control ward/sweeping trinket line are decent. I actually like about half of them. The problem is that they'd send quite a few ripples through the itemization pool. Duskblade was meant for assassins that are hard-countered by early warning, not primarily as a damage+ vision control tool. You're also neglecting to give credit to the fact that in order to use sweeper you can't use the vision totem, so to try to deal with traps you're indirectly sacrificing vision presence. To be honest in order for traps of any kind to have a significant presence in league that isn't just niche, riot needs to start treating ALL deployables as traps or deployables, with their own set of mechanics and gameplay. {{champion:51}} 's traps are as strong as ever and Riot Game still hasn't addressed some of the issues with them.
iPav (NA)
: Teemo's state.
What most people who main one particular champion and never do anything else don't realize is that when balancing stuff (or reworking, when the rework is good) You have to consider changes from both sides of the lane. Is this going to make them more or less fun to play as AND against? Completely leaving out any personal bias from the argument (both yours and mine) Satan is generally speaking one of the more frustrating champions to play against BECAUSE of his invisibility mechanics. Given that his kit is so aged, they can't really mess with that without having to equalize it by messing with some other changes to his kit, either directly via numbers changes or via itemization/vision/mastery changes. Which they HAVE done satisfactorily with the preseason changes, by the way. I can never really understand why people put so much stock in ONE particular champion when there are over 130 now. Sure, there is always that one champion that really "clicks" for you, and there are always going to be champions you'll dislike playing or just aren't viable and not fun to play for YOU, but League is an ever-changing game. "YOUR" champion WILL get nerfed in a way you don't like at some point, and it WILL be flavor of the month and you'll have to deal with a bunch of other players spamming it at some point, if you play league for long enough. Everybody's had rework/nerf/buff pains they disliked having to deal with, and just because you're a Satan main doesn't make you special. It makes you a target, to be honest. Instead of whining about how recent changes geared towards making overall gameplay healthier and more two-sided HAPPENED to affect Satan, why not try to come up with CONSTRUCTIVE solutions to your problem? Just a thought. For example, as a Rank 7 {{champion:53}} player who has had to deal with the changes to his Q, R, W, and even passive as well as all the support itemization changes over the years, instead of whining on the forums about how Rocket Grab can't pull through minions as easily now, I buy boots of swiftness to counteract the slow on my W when I use it for positioning, chase, or escape. I ask my ADC to wing minion waves to cluster them so flanking for zoning or a good Q is easier. That's just one champion. I play more than one, which gives me perspective on balance changes and fairness of play that a one trick pony wouldn't normally get. Another clear example of this particular fact is how I used to think Zyra was so unfair back in S3 and when she started getting pushed into the support role. I thought her having a root that went through minions made it pretty much impossible to trade with her or her carry, but after playing her one freeweek I realized how easy it was to punish her for improper repositioning or abuse superior positioning to burn out her mana pool if she sticks around to trade too much. Playing against and as Anivia, Gnar, Viktor, Zac, Kennen, Kalista, Azir, Lucian, Vayne.... the list goes on. Try playing AGAINST your "main" or whoever you have some kinda problem with, not just AS them. You might get better perspective on why what is happening to you is happening, and what can be done about it.
dominusx (EUNE)
: Hurry up and bring out the 10bans already.
Being able to ban less than 5% of the champion pool now when there's more than 10% of champions that either aren't as healthy for the game as they should be (either due to age or mechanics) or just not fun to play against is stupid. Increase it to 10.
: Some thoughts on Support
The biggest barrier I see to people playing support is the near-complete lack of solocarry agency. Every singe other role has the potential to largely carry a game based on personal skill, but I see many people eschewing picking up support, even if they're several hundred elo above what they'd be matched up against in an enemy support (and therefore fairly able to solocarry as a support), simply because the solocarry potential isn't equitable. Too often I hear or see "Well this sucks, I want to have more control over whether or not my team wins or loses based on my actions too." or "Well, I'm support. I hope I have good carries or no matter how good I do, as long as the enemy carries aren't worse than mine, it won't really matter". As someone who plays about 75% fill (so basically support 2.0), I truly understand the potential for a highly-skilled and tactically-minded strategist in the support role to be a massive force multiplier. Give us the agency to make that potential actionable. If you can convince people that playing support is an equally viable way to climb the soloqueue ladder, then people will pick it up over other roles. Until then, expect 15% or worse playrates.
: Road to Pre-Season: Assassin Update
What I'm hoping riot meant by what they put up for {{champion:245}} 's part of the update: "DIE TANKKO DIE"
Meddler (NA)
: We were looking into possible Brand buffs a few patches back because we felt he could be a contender for occasional professional play with slight changes. Conclusion though was that that would put him at an inappropriate power level in regular play however so we backed off on the buffs as a result.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aRm5KYRP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-09-08T22:04:27.230+0000) > > We were looking into possible Brand buffs a few patches back because we felt he could be a contender for occasional professional play with slight changes. Conclusion though was that that would put him at an inappropriate power level in regular play however so we backed off on the buffs as a result. Best double standard I've ever heard riot own up to enforcing, right here ^
: We're definitely exploring more clone mechanics for LeBlanc, they're pretty fun and very LeBlanc-y. We're very unlikely to do silence on Q -- one of the main aims of the project is to make sure opponents of assassins have time to play too, preventing them from casting spells is a bit counter-productive xD
> [{quoted}](name=20thCenturyFaux,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=MfXnx8VF,comment-id=00860000,timestamp=2016-08-11T18:26:06.642+0000) > > We're definitely exploring more clone mechanics for LeBlanc, they're pretty fun and very LeBlanc-y. > > We're very unlikely to do silence on Q -- one of the main aims of the project is to make sure opponents of assassins have time to play too, preventing them from casting spells is a bit counter-productive xD If that guy was around when it was still called Sigil of SILENCE, and he's still suggesting that fuckery, someone needs to do the world a favor and sterilize that guy so he can't contaminate the rest of the world. Also knock his teeth out for good measure.
: You know tanks are underpowered when
TFW when my warlords darius super secret strats go hard in the paint, then my team squanders the massive top lane TP pressure and fiddles about all midgame Kappa.{{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: Dynamic Queue DOES NOT make the game revolve more around teamwork/cooperation.
: Absolutely! We've been thinking about this a ton. We want to create systems to highlight sportsmanship and reward awesome players, but they need to avoid incentivising things like "trading honors." (I remember trading them when the original system launched, everyone wanted a ribbon!). And I know I'd be spamming honors to all my friends if they got 10 IP every time :-P At the same time, we want rewards to be way cooler than 10 IP. We want to strike a balance where getting honored feels really awesome and giving someone an honor is something you'd really only want to give to a player who deserved it (rather than just trading with your friends). Because of this, a revamped system will need a much bigger overhaul than just tweaking honor button options or adjusting the rewards you get - and part of the reason we're not talking specifics yet is because the new client is needed before that overhaul.
Have you guys thought about doing more to disincentivise unsportsmalike/toxic behavior? The mute function and reform cards/instant feedback is great and all, but bringing out the best in people is only half the fight, you also have to stamp out the worst for the spirit of competition to be truly realized. Also, Tribunal's been down for mainteneance for 3 years and Riot's been disquietingly silent about it for the past two. Comment?
: ACCESS GRANTED // Gemstones
Convoluted Completion Criterion? Check. Extremely limited time window? Check. Sketchy Tentativity on long term reward? Check. Obvious moneygrab is obvious. Good job riot, you're well on you're way to becoming KixBlizzJagEye game.
Iageri (NA)
: - Placements - high silver low gold... Yea he was in his first placement matches. You see when trying to match you up with people of your skill level you must first be assessed. _**This high silver - low gold game is usually the FIRST PLACEMENT match and this is an important one to place a bit higher. **_ The team probably didn't know he was in placements. **Ranked is a very stressful place**, and everyone is trying to climb so when someone on their team wasn't up to par, they thought he was dragging them down. People get nasty when things don't seem fair, and it's that primal instinct within all of us. I will not lie to you or your friend, People are mean on this game, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying it. There is a "Mute" button you can use at the first sight of toxicity. You can use it, it's a beautiful thing. If your friend however, doesn't wish to come back. Tell him that I am deeply sorry he had to experience that, and that I hope he finds joy in other things to come.
> [{quoted}](name=Iageri,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oTckE43s,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-08-02T13:15:40.665+0000) > > - Placements > - high silver low gold... > > > Yea he was in his first placement matches. You see when trying to match you up with people of your skill level you must first be assessed. _**This high silver - low gold game is usually the FIRST PLACEMENT match and this is an important one to place a bit higher. **_ > > The team probably didn't know he was in placements. **Ranked is a very stressful place**, and everyone is trying to climb so when someone on their team wasn't up to par, they thought he was dragging them down. People get nasty when things don't seem fair, and it's that primal instinct within all of us. > > I will not lie to you or your friend, People are mean on this game, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying it. There is a "Mute" button you can use at the first sight of toxicity. You can use it, it's a beautiful thing. > > If your friend however, doesn't wish to come back. Tell him that I am deeply sorry he had to experience that, and that I hope he finds joy in other things to come. Although I find your response rather intelligent, muting someone doesn't stop them from making the same mistakes they choose to make over and over, trolling, or make them magically more skilled as soon as you can't see their chat entries. Actually fixing the new player experience and the problems with non-chat toxicity would be a much better step in the right direction for Riot.
Ajjantis (EUW)
: My friend quit (a rant about placements and toxic people)
It's much more common than you think. Riot's new player experience is lower than shitgarbage-tier and imo is one of the biggest things holding them back as a dev.
Woook3r (NA)
: this q is so long it turned into an r
> [{quoted}](name=MightySaturn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lyHkAEqQ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-08-03T02:27:32.755+0000) > > this q is so long it turned into an r Well played, sir. Unless you're a lv 6+ {{champion:131}} that can hit all her Q's, but well played nonetheless.
Insignian (EUNE)
: Everyone is talking shit about yasuo and leblanc being broken meanwhile
Although I find tankko annoying, I was dissuaded from trying to empathize with your disorganized angst at the second line of the second paragraph of your wall of text. Sorry, I stopped reading at "more safer". {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
: Why are these abilities blocked by Yasuo's wind wall?
You forgot {{champion:222}} 's E fizzling on the cast side of it if cast past the wall at close to max distance if the wall is next to you, sometimes in rather retarded orientations.
AdeBug (NA)
: Anyone else having long queue time today?
Just wait, queue times after midnight are abysmal. 8-13 minutes for a ranked bronze game as bot/mid.
Show more

Summonerrr 1

Level 83 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion