: I would like a word change on a Riot created article as its explicitly stating false information.
it's not soon at all but you also need to realize that to get punished in this current riot system it means you are a complete toxic fuck that comments or belittles every little action your teammates do. This is coming from a player that used to be punished regularly so do not try to justify yourself at all. I've been clean for years now, all it takes is not being a complete douche.
: Does Yasuo have good burst damage?
thread is just asking for people to exaggerate yasuo with their self hatred
: How I spent $7,110 on League of Legends! I don't regret any of it(MOVED)
: Has anyone seen a Volibear do badly?
it's hard for champions like voli to do bad. He's a straightforward tanky champion with absurd point and click damage, hence why champions like voli, malph, naut etc are picked
: And they buffed Zed
the fact that people are wasting a ban on Zed when there are so many actual game breaking champions is really shocking.
: actually, you don't know what broken means. broken is a character that negatively affects game health. in the case of zed it's a kit issue. its called broken as it effectively breaks something. in the case of zed, he is blatantly hurting game lifespan. as more players get sick of him, players have started quitting. getting sick of course applies to those that play him as a foo strategy, and then find that he is actually the best that they will find of that class. broken of course can be applied to lots of things, it is a very general term. whenever you see it tossed around, think, how is that thing affecting game health.
> [{quoted}](name=macromite,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=65nrLT4L,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-01T03:02:51.637+0000) > > actually, you don't know what broken means. > > broken is a character that negatively affects game health. in the case of zed it's a kit issue. its called broken as it effectively breaks something. in the case of zed, he is blatantly hurting game lifespan. as more players get sick of him, players have started quitting. getting sick of course applies to those that play him as a foo strategy, and then find that he is actually the best that they will find of that class. > > broken of course can be applied to lots of things, it is a very general term. whenever you see it tossed around, think, how is that thing affecting game health. LOL! what are you even talking about, with 0 respect intended stfu please.
: Can we just take a moment to look at this quote from the lead Dynamic developer...
They are trying really hard to promote players who are scared of toxicity to play ranked. honestly no one likes assholes but this really shouldn't be the determining factor in the quality of leagues competitiveness.
: > [{quoted}](name=SwapShadows,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=65nrLT4L,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-05-31T21:22:16.719+0000) > > There are actual champions that could be put near the realm of old kassadin. > > Zed is completely far from anywhere near old kassadin, when Zed manages to get pick/banned in the lcs every single game for ages then you can think about it. Yah old kassadin was crazy, but now kassadin is left in a current shit state, and zed remains broken.
> [{quoted}](name=Senpai Adam,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=65nrLT4L,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-05-31T21:26:32.024+0000) > > Yah old kassadin was crazy, but now kassadin is left in a current shit state, and zed remains broken. learn what broken means.
: Would anyone be sad if zed got the Kassadin treatment?
There are actual champions that could be put near the realm of old kassadin. Zed is completely far from anywhere near old kassadin, when Zed manages to get pick/banned in the lcs every single game for ages then you can think about it.
: awesome another ultimate skin for a support...
well the obvious reason is because most support players just complain about everything. in older seasons supports struggled because they had very little to work with and the difference between them now and then is MASSIVE. Jungle is arguably the most important role in the entire game because it impacts every role.
: Can someone honestly tell me how Zed is OP
There are so many actual broken/overpowered champions in the game that it's mind blowing that people can even have time to discuss anything related to Zed. just this alone tells you the level of intelligence on people who discuss gameplay.
: kha'zix has less damage than fizz and zed.
> [{quoted}](name=doublelift fg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EtyEQ4Yy,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-05-30T18:56:51.241+0000) > > kha'zix has less damage than fizz and zed. kha zix is in the top 3 of fastest killing potential out of all assassins.
: What Should I Do To Deal With Zed??
well first things first, you should realize that Talon beats Zed. there is a big difference between instant and 3 seconds in a 1v1.
: Zed's 49% Win Rate
If you did not play when Kass was op then do not even remotely talk about it. He was literally one of the most strongest and broken champions in the entire game, Comparing zed to kassadin is one of the stupidest things I have seen on boards in a while.
: A Different Way to Deal with Zed
You have and always will have more than just QSS to deal with Zed. I'm pretty sure we have about 20 champions+ that can negate his ultimate at this point.
: Shaco has never been FOTM since his post release nerfs.
people love making these threads until they actually become fotm then you realize how broken their kits are because trust me, Shaco is nowhere near balanced.
Rioter Comments
Lugg (NA)
: Riot disable Zed until he is actually fixed
uninformed threads should really be perm deleted.
: and then you realize to beat zed, you just have 5 people working together, in chat, "zed mia, bot lane back up." where in soloq MIA MIA ping mid, DANGER DANGER ping bot. ........ double kill! and thats why zed loses in LCS, because he will get camped, focused, snowball prevented, and hes a non factor when we go to a baron fight, or a tower siege situation where they're just pushing it in relentlessly. pros vs soloq is just such a different situation you cant rely on it to tell you what is going to work.
> [{quoted}](name=CrestKnight,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZFUiEyP2,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-25T19:55:52.848+0000) > > and then you realize to beat zed, you just have 5 people working together, in chat, "zed mia, bot lane back up." > > where in soloq MIA MIA ping mid, DANGER DANGER ping bot. ........ double kill! > > and thats why zed loses in LCS, because he will get camped, focused, snowball prevented, and hes a non factor when we go to a baron fight, or a tower siege situation where they're just pushing it in relentlessly. > > pros vs soloq is just such a different situation you cant rely on it to tell you what is going to work. every single mobile midlaner has the ability to be a roaming threat and if a botlane is overextended then it's their own fault no matter who ganks.
: zed isn't mandated in LCS anymore because they will target counterpick and you're already down a team player leading to the resulting loss. which is why they always go for meta, well rounded, team focused champions, so you dont get bent over the table.
> [{quoted}](name=CrestKnight,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZFUiEyP2,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-25T19:44:02.526+0000) > > zed isn't mandated in LCS anymore because they will target counterpick and you're already down a team player leading to the resulting loss. which is why they always go for meta, well rounded, team focused champions, so you dont get bent over the table. In any game, if something isn't being spammed by pro players then it isn't broken. They play to win, not to have fun.
: pretty sure {{champion:131}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:107}} and many others are immeasurably more balanced and ideal standards to work towards. "you want to argue rengar and diana fine", w/e, but just a reminder, they dont freely escape even if they have the capacity to deal more instant loaded damage with them, they lack in other areas to actually make a good champion.
> [{quoted}](name=CrestKnight,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZFUiEyP2,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-25T19:37:11.057+0000) > > pretty sure {{champion:131}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:107}} and many others are immeasurably more balanced and ideal standards to work towards. well your post would make sense if we were in a dream world but in reality the facts have shown that all 4 of those champions have been so gamebreakingly overpowered in the past and even present that they have been changed multiple and multiple times. all it takes is 1 buff on any of those champions and you will see them 100% pick/banned in regular games and LCS, that is the difference between Zed and other assassins.
FostXTV (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=SwapShadows,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sunrErEo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-05-25T19:18:47.197+0000) > > You do not compare Zed to Azir, Azir has and almost always will be an insanely overbearing pick due to his kit. > > Zed on the other hand is just a champion sheeps complain about. Of course a Zed main needs to reply. First off Zed has insane burst, literally you ult someone and spam all abbilites and then just get back on his shadow, he has way too much escapes including his W and R. And why would you call us a "Sheep" . Face it Zed is broken right now, and you know it.
> [{quoted}](name=FostXTV,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sunrErEo,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-05-25T19:25:25.005+0000) > > Of course a Zed main needs to reply. First off Zed has insane burst, literally you ult someone and spam all abbilites and then just get back on his shadow, he has way too much escapes including his W and R. And why would you call us a "Sheep" . Face it Zed is broken right now, and you know it. well here's a reality check 1) Pretty much every assassin in the game instakills you without any form of counterplay, unlike Zed 2) Zed will never just R to a squishy in a teamfight and instakill them, the enemy team will 99% stop you unless you are incredibly ahead or you go in at the right time which is what the role of an assassin must do 3) Zed has delayed damage unlike other assassins 4) he has more counters than all other assassins combined evev with QSS not working on his ult 5) If zed was broken he would be a highly contested pick in the LCS like all other assassins that are deemed "OP" but in reality he is rarely picked because he isn't as good as you say he is 6) His escapes are telegraphed?
: except kit changes are not whats on the pbe, kit changes would be a new passive, new abilities, a shorter range, more interactions with his shadows, and less about free stats on his W "in order to make sure zed has a late game instead of the steep fall off you would normally see thanks to our crappy ability design and how armor functions, heres some free AD" (we dont want zed to be out of 1hko range when you build just 1 armor item, unlike how any other ability based champion functions) his kit will still be exactly the same. press R on squishy, cant miss point blank squishy. dead squishy. and hopefully i can get out. zed can absolutely be fun to play against and be a master of shadows and be as "fancy feet" as he wants to, but just not with the abilities he currently has, zed will never be balanced so long as he retains his potential Q and W interactions.
> [{quoted}](name=CrestKnight,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZFUiEyP2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-05-25T18:53:18.886+0000) > > except kit changes are not whats on the pbe, kit changes would be a new passive, new abilities, a shorter range, more interactions with his shadows, and less about free stats on his W > > "in order to make sure zed has a late game instead of the steep fall off you would normally see thanks to our crappy ability design and how armor functions, heres some free AD" (we dont want zed to be out of 1hko range when you build just 1 armor item, unlike how any other ability based champion functions) > > his kit will still be exactly the same. press R on squishy, cant miss point blank squishy. dead squishy. and hopefully i can get out. > > zed can absolutely be fun to play against and be a master of shadows and be as "fancy feet" as he wants to, but just not with the abilities he currently has, zed will never be balanced so long as he retains his potential Q and W interactions. and then you take a look at every other assassin in the game and realize that Zed is actually balanced.
FostXTV (EUNE)
: @Meddler Why Zed's R nerfs can be reverted and you cant give Azir 3/4/5s Ult duration?
You do not compare Zed to Azir, Azir has and almost always will be an insanely overbearing pick due to his kit. Zed on the other hand is just a champion sheeps complain about.
: Well, the people complaining about Zed are typically complaining about the laning phase...not his late game assassination ability.
> [{quoted}](name=TSwift Is Sexy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XsbeX0f8,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-05-23T22:10:27.596+0000) > > Well, the people complaining about Zed are typically complaining about the laning phase...not his late game assassination ability. they still complain about every aspect of Zed, maybe some more than others.
: Giving Zed a mana bar is not a nerf
Energy in most cases is crippling after the laning phase.
Rioter Comments
: how is ziggs currently not top pick?
He's an all around great pick, people are just sheep. if he ends up getting played competitively you will see their sheep opinions change.
: > [{quoted}](name=SwapShadows,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aAKWsAHI,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-16T19:56:06.990+0000) > > banning because your "supposed "to Or, and get ready for this; He's completely broken and needs nerfs. Occam's Razor, birch.
> [{quoted}](name=Dominick Destine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aAKWsAHI,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-16T20:28:12.092+0000) > > Or, and get ready for this; > He's completely broken and needs nerfs. > > Occam's Razor, birch. broken isn't overpowered... his kit is nowhere near broken
: > [{quoted}](name=SwapShadows,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aAKWsAHI,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-16T19:39:34.357+0000) > > but he doesn't need massive nerfs. 80% ban rate in plat and higher. Near 55% win rate for several months. Yes, he needs massive nerfs.
> [{quoted}](name=Dominick Destine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aAKWsAHI,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-16T19:44:14.278+0000) > > 80% ban rate in plat and higher. > Near 55% win rate for several months. > > Yes, he needs massive nerfs. banning because your "supposed "to banning because you have to no one in their right minds is banning Zed over any other picks, if they do it's because of the first option.
: Did you not understand what I said? Zed needs massive nerfs. No matter what happens that will not change until he gets his nerfs. Trying to distract with other things is a fallacy called "red herring".
> [{quoted}](name=Dominick Destine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aAKWsAHI,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-16T03:47:28.213+0000) > > Did you not understand what I said? > > Zed needs massive nerfs. No matter what happens that will not change until he gets his nerfs. Trying to distract with other things is a fallacy called "red herring". but he doesn't need massive nerfs. You can't nerf something that isn't even in the top 10 in his own lane. the point is that actual problems are being presented rather than a champion with delayed damage and single target focusing.
: Ziggs Feedback/Proposal
The morellos change made him pretty good again, he has a ton of AOE damage and good teamfighting control.
: Yes because problem B (Assuming it even exists) invalidates problem A, right? Oh wait, it doesn't.... fallacy much?
> [{quoted}](name=Dominick Destine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aAKWsAHI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-05-16T02:44:31.941+0000) > > Yes because problem B (Assuming it even exists) invalidates problem A, right? > > Oh wait, it doesn't.... fallacy much? no what it does is bring out the actual problem. fizz and leblanc being played more means you actually get to see what a broken assassin does. The only assassin close to Zed is ekko in terms of more delayed damage but even he's broken due to an overbearing amount of utility.
Rioter Comments
: Why would one pick a mage instead of an assassin mid?
because mages do a ton of AOE damage on top of CC and bring utility.
: How to survive from the zed ult?
1) you aren't supposed to 1v1 assassins late game as an adc, literally every single other assassin in the game instakills you late game so why can't Zed at least have a chance at killing you at a delayed rate of 3 seconds? 2) you survive by having 4 other teammates, which everyone in every single game has.
Dasdi96 (NA)
: Kindred is completely destroying the diversity in the jungle.
kindred is complete cancer. 9 out of 10 ganks she literally 1v1's the laner without any help.
BinaiPie (NA)
: My brother turned 13 today, he mains Teemo
: Ever heard the expression 'Straw that broke the camel's back'? You may never have been in that kind of mental state, but to some, somebody- anybody- directly telling somebody to kill themselves may just be what they need to hear.
> [{quoted}](name=Maratsune,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UtUzffEv,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2016-05-14T02:20:29.126+0000) > > Ever heard the expression 'Straw that broke the camel's back'? > You may never have been in that kind of mental state, but to some, somebody- anybody- directly telling somebody to kill themselves may just be what they need to hear. almost every human being has been in a state where they feel hopeless and ready to give up. This is the part where you don't give up because a random stranger in a video game tells you to kill yourself.
: @Riot - We should have 0 tolerance against players encouring others to commit suicide
if someone kills themselves over a complete stranger in a video game telling the them to kill themselves then chances are they would of probably done it either way. I just can't see how a random on a video game chat system is going to push someone to kill themselves, it takes a lot more than that to kill yourself.
uJhisper (NA)
: Is Shaco the perfect idea of what an assassin should be?
You honestly have to be kidding me, shaco along with every single assassin in the game is completely anti-fun and problematic due to their usual nature of being completely unfair to play against due to either instant damage or non counterable kits. Zed is literally the only assassin in the game that gives you any kind of breathing room, let that sink in.
DJ S0NA (EUW)
: If Zed is becoming a problem in the next days...
They should both have MR per level due to most mages having point and click combos tbh.
Comoglio (NA)
: Blood Moon Jhin
You should make a Zed or yasuo skin.
Rioter Comments
: Taliyah's login theme: isn't it so beautiful?
if you want to listen to this song on repeat just find it on youtube then replace the url with listenonrepeat where it has youtube in it.
: Zed
I don't understand the misconception of weak laning phase for assassins. any assassin in the game that is even remotely meta completely fucking decimates lane due to instant and non counterable combos, there is nothing weak about a laning phase when you are a fizz and completely melting the enemy laner even if you miss half your kit. Zed is the only assassin that gives you a huge amount of time to recuperate due to him having 20+ seconds of CD on his W. You cannot compare Zed's mobility to actual mobile champions, he is telegraphed and has his blink on a long cd. Literally every single assassin in the game spams their spells for both CS and damage. There are no clarity issues with Zed's kit, they are clearly visible and literally no one ever complains about it.
: Laughing Fish's 100,000 lifetime upvote spectacular! (Come and get your free skins!)
http://vomzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/latest-dancing-gifs-187.gif laughing fish
Rioter Comments
Dehitay (NA)
: Assassins are also supposed to have counterplay. Zed's ult is one of the least counterplay giving skills in the game, yet it does a significant amount of damage. Zed ults you which is a targeted skill that you can no longer do anything to avoid. Then, he pops a shadown and unleashes both his damage skills on you with the boosted damage from his shadow, which takes pretty much the same amount of time as an autoattack. Then he reactivates ult and goes to safety meaning the amount of damage you deal to him is limited to one second and based on if you can accurately guess if he's going to stay behind you or use his W to reposition himself to throw you off. Hell, even without the bonus damage from death mark, that itself is a pretty powerful ultimate, but there is still the bonus damage from death mark to double what he did in that one second time frame. Now look at all the other assassins. The next one with the least amount of counterplay is Rengar. But after Rengar ults in, he doesn't get a get out of trouble free card. If you're smart enough to stay with your team, they can punish him for it. In order to punish Zed, they have to know exactly who he's going to ult and be close enough by (he'll take any squishy, not just the adc). Then they have to know which side of the target, he will appear on, and that's not easy since the target doesn't always run in one direction in that panicked state. Then they have to be able to predict if he's going to use his W or not to reposition (which is more luck than skill). Then they actually have to hit their CC. If they miss any step along the way (which is more than likely), Zed just walks away free. To balance him, they should make it to where he can't use R again to escape for 0.5 seconds after taking damage or till death mark's damage hits. That way your team can actually punish him by constantly doing any small amount of damage to keep him in place for a few seconds. He'll have to choose his targets based on positioning rather than on just whoever is squishy.
> [{quoted}](name=Dehitay,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HBE6Z2YQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-05-02T23:05:47.123+0000) > > Assassins are also supposed to have counterplay. Zed's ult is one of the least counterplay giving skills in the game, yet it does a significant amount of damage. Zed ults you which is a targeted skill that you can no longer do anything to avoid. Then, he pops a shadown and unleashes both his damage skills on you with the boosted damage from his shadow, which takes pretty much the same amount of time as an autoattack. Then he reactivates ult and goes to safety meaning the amount of damage you deal to him is limited to one second and based on if you can accurately guess if he's going to stay behind you or use his W to reposition himself to throw you off. Hell, even without the bonus damage from death mark, that itself is a pretty powerful ultimate, but there is still the bonus damage from death mark to double what he did in that one second time frame. > > Now look at all the other assassins. The next one with the least amount of counterplay is Rengar. But after Rengar ults in, he doesn't get a get out of trouble free card. If you're smart enough to stay with your team, they can punish him for it. In order to punish Zed, they have to know exactly who he's going to ult and be close enough by (he'll take any squishy, not just the adc). Then they have to know which side of the target, he will appear on, and that's not easy since the target doesn't always run in one direction in that panicked state. Then they have to be able to predict if he's going to use his W or not to reposition (which is more luck than skill). Then they actually have to hit their CC. If they miss any step along the way (which is more than likely), Zed just walks away free. > > To balance him, they should make it to where he can't use R again to escape for 0.5 seconds after taking damage or till death mark's damage hits. That way your team can actually punish him by constantly doing any small amount of damage to keep him in place for a few seconds. He'll have to choose his targets based on positioning rather than on just whoever is squishy. if you seriously think Zed's ultimate is one of the least counterplay given skills in the game then you have literally no game knowledge whatsoever. just reading your cringeworthy post hurts my brain.
: No one likes playing againts Zed!!!!!!
I assume you like playing against the other assassins in the game then. oh wait, you don't because they are all cancer.
Show more

SwapShadows

Level 95 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion