Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
GearDevil (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0048000200000001,timestamp=2018-12-01T10:10:26.611+0000) > > The conspiracy goes DEEP! Nevermind that some of us have played games at the exact same time! exact same reply from the other one as well. hmmm
> [{quoted}](name=GearDevil,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00480002000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-01T10:11:17.195+0000) > > exact same reply from the other one as well. hmmm you sure caught me
: Some thoughts on more dated female champions, from a girl
i am so sorry kestrel that you're having to deal with these people but there's always people who're here to support u or talk to you if you want!! {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
GearDevil (EUNE)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=GearDevil,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=004800020000,timestamp=2018-12-01T10:06:37.008+0000) > > Oh come on do you really take everyone for idiots? like this is so obvious. stop acting i am literally tracking you Kestrel and that really good name that doesnt give away anything (trans taliyah) like i am looking at what ur doing. stop being so obvious. whAT LMAO! THE CONSPIRACY OF IT ALL!!!! MY WIG IS SNATCHED
: > [{quoted}](name=Trans Taliyah,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00480001,timestamp=2018-12-01T09:53:16.891+0000) > > aren't you.. getting upset about a fictional character... getting clothing? Love your upvote in literally 3 seconds of posting that. ;) thanks for proving my point. Aren't you getting upset about a fictional character showing skin? :o
> [{quoted}](name=KittyKàtKàtàrinà,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=004800010000,timestamp=2018-12-01T09:54:39.730+0000) > > Love your upvote in literally 3 seconds of posting that. ;) thanks for proving my point. > Aren't you getting upset about a fictional character showing skin? :o i think u should interact with women more.. in real life. it may be for your benefit. actually wait i wouldn't wish that on them
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=KittyKàtKàtàrinà,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0048,timestamp=2018-12-01T09:22:39.738+0000) > > Okey this post is clearly getting vote manipulated. not a single person who disagreed has an upvote and get downvoted in a matter of seconds after posting. > and why is Terozu getting downvoted for stating historical facts? that is like the biggest red sign that the entire post is bs, cause simple google facts are being downvoted for no reason. > > DONT TOUCH KATARINA YOU FILTHY CASUAL WHO GETS UPSET ABOUT A FICTIONAL CHARACTERS CLOTHING IN A GAME! aren't you.. getting upset about a fictional character... getting clothing?
: Some thoughts on more dated female champions, from a girl
I'm convinced the majority of people on this thread don't realize women play video games.
: > [{quoted}](name=Trans Taliyah,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0034000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:32:42.961+0000) > > sometimes... things from the past... are worse I disagree completely. things can be considered ok and normal for 1800 years, but because some entitled keyboard warrior or w/e feels offended by it, I don't think that necessarily means we should throw all those years down the toilet. Not everybody is a winner, and not everyone is gonna be happy with the way some things turn out. It's just the way life is. the sooner people get over, and understand that fact, the better off we'll be.
> [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00340000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:45:57.126+0000) > > I disagree completely. things can be considered ok and normal for 1800 years, but because some entitled keyboard warrior or w/e feels offended by it, I don't think that necessarily means we should throw all those years down the toilet. Not everybody is a winner, and not everyone is gonna be happy with the way some things turn out. It's just the way life is. the sooner people get over, and understand that fact, the better off we'll be. ariana grande didnt die at the first brick of stonewall for this
: > [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00340000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:23:49.889+0000) > > I literally made a list, so you can ignore context as much as you want, but Nami's boobs are out in all of her skins. I'm not even saying she shouldn't, but she is sexualized, like most interpretations of mermaids. Mermaids have been described the way they are since the beowulf era. Just like succubi on WoW or Witcher (don't see any complaints about the way _they_ dress). **That's** the point I'm trying to make. fuck the way things have been forever, it's insulting to a select few in 2018 so let's change _everything_.
> [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=003400000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:30:46.247+0000) > > Mermaids have been described the way they are since the beowulf era. Just like succubi on WoW or Witcher (don't see any complaints about the way _they_ dress). **That's** the point I'm trying to make. fuck the way things have been forever, it's insulting to a select few in 2018 so let's change _everything_. sometimes... things from the past... are worse
: > [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0021000100000001,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:22:14.688+0000) > > I don't think anyone here is actually offended? We're literally just having a discussion about the discrepancy between characters. It looks like you're offended though! offended? no, not in the slightest. I think the only thing that offends me in life is the state of music in the States, the wrong genres are getting all the praise. I like to think all I'm doing is explaining the opposite side of the spectrum.
> [{quoted}](name=Nagahasmyname,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00210001000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:25:57.958+0000) > > offended? no, not in the slightest. I think the only thing that offends me in life is the state of music in the States, the wrong genres are getting all the praise. I like to think all I'm doing is explaining the opposite side of the spectrum. thank u, next
: > [{quoted}](name=Trans Taliyah,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Bv4397yE,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-11-20T22:55:37.326+0000) > > To be fair, the men of league look like they don't wear deodorant. Tbh I somewhat doubt deodorant has even been invented in this world but I stand to believe most people atleast bathe. Even in medieval times people bathed. However I do have doubts for some champs... {{champion:77}}{{champion:63}}{{champion:41}}{{champion:154}}
> [{quoted}](name=The DrBonjigollo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Bv4397yE,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-11-20T23:04:43.440+0000) > > Tbh I somewhat doubt deodorant has even been invented in this world but I stand to believe most people atleast bathe. Even in medieval times people bathed. > > However I do have doubts for some champs... {{champion:77}}{{champion:63}}{{champion:41}}{{champion:154}} Darius and Garen probably have an annual smell-off competition to see who smells worse. There's no way those two care about hygiene! {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: Do I Smell As Bad As I Look?
To be fair, the men of league look like they don't wear deodorant.
Ralanr (NA)
: I’m probably going to get hate from saying this, but I don’t think Taliyah as a character should be trans because she wasn’t released as a trans individual. She was released as a full female character, and despite what was intended, changing the character after so long after release just feels like a slap in the face to her fans or other people that like her. She either should have been released as trans, or stayed as a female character. Also, personally I don’t think being trans adds much to her character. She’s a young woman who ran away from home because she was afraid of hurting people with her powers and sought any teacher to help her control them. Now she’s back in shurima to find and save her family. Her being trans in my mind, doesn’t add to that. Especially if her family was ok with her being trans from the start. I can understand wanting to diversify the cast of the game, but that’s what you do when the character is introduced or at least tell more stories about them. You don’t retcon information unless their lore is too old or you’re giving them a full VGU. If Riot wants to release a trans character, then good for them. I’ll 100% support a character being released as such. But I won’t support changing an already existing character like this.
> [{quoted}](name=Ralanr,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=uXfcKw7W,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-11-20T14:46:10.983+0000) > > I’m probably going to get hate from saying this, but I don’t think Taliyah as a character should be trans because she wasn’t released as a trans individual. She was released as a full female character, and despite what was intended, changing the character after so long after release just feels like a slap in the face to her fans or other people that like her. She either should have been released as trans, or stayed as a female character. > > > Also, personally I don’t think being trans adds much to her character. She’s a young woman who ran away from home because she was afraid of hurting people with her powers and sought any teacher to help her control them. Now she’s back in shurima to find and save her family. Her being trans in my mind, doesn’t add to that. Especially if her family was ok with her being trans from the start. > > > I can understand wanting to diversify the cast of the game, but that’s what you do when the character is introduced or at least tell more stories about them. You don’t retcon information unless their lore is too old or you’re giving them a full VGU. > > If Riot wants to release a trans character, then good for them. I’ll 100% support a character being released as such. But I won’t support changing an already existing character like this. I don't think you should get hate for this! Especially since it's your own opinion and it was written respectfully. I personally don't see why a trans character has to be revealed as trans on release. In my experience, most trans people aspire to be passing (not to say there are people who don't) and I think that honestly, we've probably come across a lot more trans people than we realize because there are so many of us who are passing. Sorry, my train-of-thought is kind of getting derailed since I'm a little sleepy. The point I'm getting to is, having a trans identity coming after the release of a character and through the lore, seems like an easy way to incorporate the identity. There are many other ways, one's with less backlash too. But I think a trans identity coming through lore progression is a very natural way to incorporate a trans identity simply because that's how it is in real life. If you meet someone post-transition and they're passable, you could easily read them as a cis person. When they come out to you later, it shouldn't be "a slap in the face" because you thought they were cis. They're still the same person. I'm not very good at getting my point across so I'm sorry if that's confusing. I also wanted to quickly address saying that "being trans doesn't add to her character". I don't necessarily think queer identities should be strictly lore-driven, there's no rhyme or reason for people to be queer. That's just how they're born. I think lore driven identities like Varus are really cool and can add depth to a character but I also don't see why we can't have identities like Neeko where it's simply how they just are. Sorry if this came off negative in any way, I tried to be polite as I can!!! -Your friendly neighborhood trans person
: Taliah isn't trans and shouldn't be made to be.
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=uXfcKw7W,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-20T07:48:15.790+0000) > > Taliah isn't trans and shouldn't be made to be. why
Sweetsy (NA)
: Queer Champions in LoL Lore
i havent looked at this thread in a year and yikes i forgot how angry this made people. like. drink a smoothie. eat grass. watch a whale eat shrimp. good vibes my dudes
Lapis (OCE)
: There was a post a while back where Taliyah's writer or something (I can't remember 100% who it was) said something like "Taliyah cares more about who a person is rather than what gender they are".
Oh thats so cute!! I main Taliyah and that seems pretty fitting~
: huh, I always shipped {{champion:54}} with {{champion:72}} and the words "between a rock and a hard place" definitely have new meaning with that ship too {{sticker:zombie-nunu-hearts}}
UomoAfide (EUW)
: If recall correctly IronStylus, former character designer at Riot, designed Diana with his team on the clear intention of having her being lesbian (he admitted this in one of his tweets) as one of her core aspects. Not sure if this is being retconned by the new narrative, might be, but for what we know it used to be a thing in her development background.
Thanks for letting me know!!
: I'm unfamiliar with that acronym. What does it mean? Also I'll be honest, I mostly just wanted to share a quite from one of my favorite comedians where he did a ditty about being straight, white and male. Also it was relevant and SummonersDrift was being a dick.
Cis stands for cisgender, so you identify as the gender you were assigned at birth. It's basically non-transgender.
: Ah, shit, I missed that one, I was looking for it in City of Iron and Glass, got my Zaun stories mixed up. From "Deep Breath": > I wasn’t fine, in the end. Couple of years ago, she – my mother – died while sump-scrapping, and I had to raise myself with the few gears she left me. Then, the usual: couldn’t make friends. Got beaten up a lot. Boy I loved didn’t love me back. Tried to study, tried to think my way up to Piltover. Couldn’t. Figured Janna had forgotten about me.
This one's quite sad, oh no!! At least it's something though.
: While I know it doesn't come close to your request, OP, and I hope someday that comes true, I can point you to an LGBT character in the written lore. The piece "Progress Day" in the Piltover update has the PoV character of Tamara, who expresses interest in a woman: > They have met three times in the sultry air of evening, and each time Kimba has offered her a chance to spend the night in her arms. Tamara has refused each time, too busy for any diversions, but if she is able to stay longer than today, she may take her up on the next offer. It's not much, and nothing really comes of it (I won't spoil the ending, but things aren't looking...great for Tamara), but hopefully we see more of it in the future. EDIT: Never mind, looks like she's okay and she's hanging out with Draven now. Poor Tamara.
Thanks for posting this I hadn't seen this before!! We may not be ready for champions quite yet but this is nice for now. ❤
MysterQ (NA)
: nappropriate Discussions Moderators will be looking for topics discussing: Religion Sex Politics Any social issues, though some exceptions may be appropriate (e.g., internet legislation) Technically I think this falls into Social issues and is inappropriate, possibly. Either way, like every thread on this topic. It isn't going to go anywhere.
Really? I can't discuss this without it falling under Inappropriate Discussions? Nice...
: ***
cool! productive comment!
Sancre (EUW)
: A Rioter pretty much confirmed that {{champion:141}} has a crush on {{champion:238}} . There, they got you covered
I was actually really excited about this when I first heard this, but the reason I made this post is that another rioter came up later and said that this wasn't true and that they were joking.
Gunpoint (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=midnight oil24,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ia6VVqME,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2017-08-10T22:32:58.537+0000) > > Why does everyone assume that's what people would want it to be? LGBT people are capable of *gasp* being totally normal people who just so happen to be gay/bi/trans/whatever. It's not like they want it to be the core trait of the character, they just want it as a trait. Sort of like how a trait of Ez is his terrible personality, or that Tryndamere has a sword. I don't even have a problem with Riot making a gay champion, I just hate the reasoning behind why they "NEED" to make one. You can identify with champions in other ways than your sexuality. I main a female champion, and I'm a guy. The reason why is not because I actually identify as a girl, it's because the champion is fun to play and I also like the champions personality.
I can try to make it a little clear why it's so important!! The LGBT+ community's biggest hardship is invisibility. Homophobia generally comes from a lack of information. Positive queer characters in popular media are so important so the image of the LGBT+ community isn't riddled with stereotypes and negative portrayals. That's why I think a queer character in League would be so important. Not only for other queer people to identify with, but also to help educate people. If that makes sense.
MysterQ (NA)
: I actually like the name TaliYAAS, unless YAAS means something I don't know. But that is rude to say something is wrong with him just because he is openly gay but doesn't support your cause.
oh my god. I said that because they told me i need to see a therapist and that im cringey... not because they didnt support my cause
: ***
Seriously.. what's wrong with you people..
Sweetsy (NA)
: I mean, they can censor it. Pretty easily. It's not really an excuse at this point..
But yeah u see your point it is a factor to why its taking so long
: The real reason is that LGBT media is banned in some of League's main markets (China etc) so they cannot have very explicit LGBT characters and couples. You'll see semi-canon/fanon ships that get hinted at and a lot of the time it will be correct. Graves x TF and Vi x Cait are pretty much confirmed at this stage.
I mean, they can censor it. Pretty easily. It's not really an excuse at this point..
: A bait thread the wardens left up. Hmm.
This isn't even a bait thread..?
: Don't mind him. He's just being rude. Yes, it would be nice for people like you to have characters to relate to. Unfortunately it is difficult and controversial for Riot to get involved in a topic such as this. I suspect that this may be the reason they haven't done that yet. They do have a few characters that have implied preferences (Taric perhaps), ~~although there aren't any gender ambiguous characters yet.~~ I STAND CORRECTED BARD IS A CHARACTER. _Edited._
Actually Kindred is gender ambiguous too! It's just that literally everyone forgets that...
: the game isnt about that, why do you even care and why do you assume they are all straight? the vast majority dont state what gender they like. dont be one of those people, take your SJW shit elsewhere please.
I'm just saying as a Queer person that having a character that i could relate to and positive representation would make me enjoy the game more, I've talked to my LGBT+ friends who play league and they care about this as well. I can understand if you don't care but please don't make it seem like this isn't an issue.
: Technically, Bard is not male or female... so, It counts?
Rioter Comments
: Okay, but what about Surfer Taliyah. http://img04.deviantart.net/1f1b/i/2016/228/f/f/surfer_taliyah_by_novahowe-dae4rfl.jpg Riot has been making skin series out of one offs. so expanding from surfer {{champion:27}} would be pretty gnarly. (surfer gnar pls)
ahhh! that'd be cute too!
Rioter Comments

Sweetsy

Level 188 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion