: Make the shovel more Oar like we got a skin
But what if he's digging for shipwrecked treasures at the bottom of the sea?
: Why are the even changing the emblems? The current ones are so iconic and look so good (especially with the shines and gems in them), is it just me that feels this way?
Current ones are just generic emblems. These ones incorporate helmet and swords. These are extremely polished and invoke imagery of being veteran in combat. I like them a lot; those are some really cool helmets and swords.
: My only regret is that I couldn't fit in _all_ of them.
Let me just say that I absolutely love seeing you on the boards, and I'm going to bookmark your profile page so I can stalk you. Please don't tell the police.
: So, did Pulsefire Ezreal just confirm every skin line that Riot recognizes?
: You guys nerfed this for a reason right? Why in hell are you rebuffing it?
{{item:3147}} is barely even an item anymore. Its stats carry only 90% of the gold efficiency of its components for its cost and the passive people buy it for is literally half of what it was a year ago. Compared to the core items for fighters, tanks, and mages which are 100%+ gold efficient, often with multiple powerful passives on top, Duskblade is garbage. Assassins have to be balanced around an item whose power has been radically shifted away from actual assassinations in favor of being a glorified Control Ward, and people still think Duskblade is problematic.
: A case for Ohmwrecker: What can be done with this item?
I had a cool idea a while ago regarding Zeke's Harbinger to retain its identity but give it some much needed usability. Instead it got deleted and replaced by another item that was WAY out of the ballpark, and not only completely changed the identity of the item, but changed its audience to AP supports to tanks. I have a feeling that whatever ends up happening to Ohmwrecker will be a similar story.
Azraelis (NA)
: What’s with the lack of cheaper skins?
1350RP is the price for skins with new ability VFX and animations. It's easier to come up with compelling skins for champions when the appearance of abilities can be tweaked along with it.
: Lethality is a HUGE middle finger to all mage midlaners.
Duskblade is the least gold-efficient core item in League of Legends. You spend 700g to upgrade its components into an item with only 400g more stats for a total of 90% gold efficiency on the finished item, and its passive has been cut in half multiple times. Compare that to Black Cleaver and Luden's Echo which are 100% and 105% gold efficient (respectively) from their stats alone and still have powerful passive effects on top of that.
: > [{quoted}](name=SzGamer227,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JAnPiItj,comment-id=000b00010000,timestamp=2018-09-16T01:55:50.217+0000) > > This is in fact that very same SzGamer227. Hello! It's Everybody!
> [{quoted}](name=sourpower351,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JAnPiItj,comment-id=000b000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-20T20:17:39.534+0000) > > It's Everybody! Hi Everybody, good to see you again! I'll pick this up on your profile page back on TCF. This is insane!
higura (EUW)
: this whole "iron teir" thing, really fills me with hope
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but additional tiers seems to mean fewer divisions. Maybe someday we'll get Wood and Cardboard tiers, but by then the lowest rank will only be Cardboard 3. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: I once dreamed of working for Riot.
So you don't want to work for Riot because... ...you don't like Zoe ...you don't like the 2 out of 21 yearly patches that are dedicated to pro play ...you don't like the rate that old characters get updates, even though they're receiving changes of an unprecedented quantity and quality ...you're burnt out and taking it out on the balance team Sure. Suit yourself. If you have no intention of staying, I'm not going to contradict the validity your reasons any more than what I've already accomplished through implication.
: Why is nobody talking about the Kayn this patch?
And they justify it by buffing Flash so that it has increased range and 3 charges on a shorter cooldown, as if people weren't picking it enough already. It's in literally taken by every champion in 100% of the games, along with that broken new revive spell that makes you invulnerable. {{sticker:sg-ahri-1}}
: > [{quoted}](name=SzGamer227,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JAnPiItj,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-09-13T23:03:41.341+0000) > > Vaccines don't kill people. Cars kill people because of vaccines. is this the SzGamer227 from the Terraria Forums?
> [{quoted}](name=sourpower351,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JAnPiItj,comment-id=000b0001,timestamp=2018-09-15T01:17:27.900+0000) > > is this the SzGamer227 from the Terraria Forums? This is in fact that very same SzGamer227. Hello!
: I got vaccinated and then almost got hit by a car
Vaccines don't kill people. Cars kill people because of vaccines.
: The fact that the client uses more resources than the actual game is ridiculous
There are ways to turn off demanding client features. I would suggest that you look into that.
Vekkna (NA)
: >The power increase should be as targeted as possible to the item's purpose in the item system (in this case, countering HP stacking), rather than just a generic power increase. And yet the best way to increase % health damage is mpen, which was removed from the item. 15 flat pen was stronger than +10% magic damage, didn't require any ramp-up time, *and* the % current health burn was significantly stronger for poking. The flat pen was removed for being a burst stat that conflicted with the dps identity of the burn, right? But now the item is only as its old version after you burst through 50%+ of the enemy's health bar. So can you explain what the item's purpose actually is? Because currently, it looks like it should be an anti-tank and dps item, but it doesn't even earn the item slot against targets over 50% health. >This is to avoid items just being default purchased every game. Really? Look at Gunblade users, virtually all of whom barely function without the item. Look at Trinity users. Look at the majority of mages rushing Luden's. Look at the majority of APs across the board picking up Morello second. Why is there a double standard for some items and not others? >We're increasing the top end of the burn to achieve this, but this needs to come with an overall decrease to general power so as to not just make the item overpowered. Most hp stackers are melee and will build either SV or Mercs. Even with just Mercs, that 2.5% max hp burn is cut to 1.25% or less after MR. So you have a Cho'gath with 6000 hp, Mercs, and SV running you down. Good thing you have Liandry's to counter all that hp, right?! Oh, wait, your *empowered* burn deals **65 damage per second** to a 6000 hp target. Meanwhile, if the very same Cho has 300 armor, one auto attack by a BotRK user deals an extra 160 damage on hit (480 before armor). The same attack with Bloodrazor deals 80 damage on hit (240 before armor) Serious question here. How is a .5% max hp buff, reduced by MR, anything remotely close to "overpowered.?" Moreover, why are you terrified of 7.5% max hp over 3 seconds when the AD % health items easily deal 24% current hp or 16% max hp in the same amount of time?
Flat MPen makes an item good against champions that don't stack MR. Liandry's old stats made it decent against squishy champions that don't build resistances or health, decent against tanky champions that build health and resistances, and horrible against squishy champions that build MR. Strengthening its identity as an anti-health item and removing the inconsistent anti-squishy stat in favor of more general power makes it clear what the intended target is; the Madness passive makes it decent for dealing sustained damage to any target, and the Torment passive scales well against targets who stack health. If your problems is with MR, you should be buying Void Staff.
: So Odyssey has bugs?
PBE catches gameplay bugs. No amount of PBE testing can prevent the live servers from fucking up.
Nylisa (EUW)
: All Odyssey Splash arts
Seeing Rhaast in the Kayn splash has me so fucking hyped. I am super eager to see how he looks in-game.
DomoRobo (NA)
: My opinion on the Odyssey Sona skin
I think this skin is (almost) amazing. The animations are gorgeous and the VFX feel alive, but the color scheme is underwhelming when it's presented on Summoner's Rift because the colors don't pop from the background like they do in the trailer. She was designed to stand out in a warm, colorful spacecraft environment, but Summoner's Rift doesn't have the colors to create that same magic. Chromas for this skin would be absolutely divine. {{sticker:sona-playing}}
: My opinion on the skin is... I like the aura particle effects? The trailer looked nice... The actual in game model just kinda falls flat though. I feel like there wasn't enough thought put into how it would look with a top down view.
She is vibrant in the trailer because the turquoise pops from the bright warm colors in the background. On Summoner's Rift, the colors are too close to the environment around her to stand out. The animations are gorgeous and the particle effects are very well executed, but the otherwise beautiful color scheme looks flat when it is presented on a similarly colored backdrop. Chromas for this skin would be divine.
: IMO the whole Odyssey theme just wouldn't have worked without Jinx
Jinx is a phenomenally executed personality and her voice actress is a goddess. {{sticker:sg-jinx}}
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: @Riot, I'm almost crying
Judging an item's viability by a glance from probuilds? Seriously? It took me about 5 minutes to find 3 sources that speak a drastically different story. For every 3 Lucian players that build RFC there are 2 that build Essence Reaver instead, and the items both have comparably high win rates. This is true for all ELOs, including Diamond+. This information was obtained from 3 independent stat sites that sample from all ranked games, which is statistically sound and gives an accurate picture of what you could expect to find in a ranked game. https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/items/lucian/diamond https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/diamond/plus/champion/Lucian/items http://na.op.gg/champion/lucian/statistics/adc/item Maybe you should try an item for yourself and form an actual opinion before making a claim based on a single source with an extremely narrow scope.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Why does it feel like all Jinx skins are the same?
Because Jinx is has a phenominally defined and iconic personality, and the skins team is really good at picking skins that reflect that personality. A champion getting a skin that doesn't feel like their original character being stuck with their original voice over is more of an issue. I will admit that Riot could have pushed the boundaries more with her Legendary skin, though.
8era (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=SzGamer227,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=w9bZE391,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-30T19:53:21.223+0000) > > As someone who plays digital CCGs and has theorycrafted cards based on League champions in the shower, stumbling across this opportunity is bizarre and exciting. I am definitely interested to say the least; designing cards for a game like this is something that I could do with passion. I would absolutely love to get involved! > > Talking briefly about the potential design, I envision a League-themed card game to be divided into lanes like in the Elder Scrolls: Legends (a Hearthstone-style digital ccg, and the one I'm most familiar with). Lanes are basically divisions of the play board, so instead of having one zone where all minions are played, there are separate zones, and as a basic rule minions are limited to attacking enemy minions that are in the same lane as them. Dividing the board into lanes and then attaching the ability to "roam" to champions and spells would be very thematically appropriate for a League-themed card game. I understand this might strain the technological demands of the game, but it would be sick as hell. > > I am very excited about this. I'd love to discuss other possible design aspects and start putting together the fundamental groundwork of the game could look like, but I'm pressed for time and am stuck with just writing this post at the moment. I'll get back to this soon! Thank you for your answer, I'm glad you have interest in this project and I really like the lane-based gameplay you described, I'm sure with more people and a bit of work this could turn out pretty nice! If you're still interested when you have more time I'd be more than glad to have you on the team {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
I ended up sleeping on this far longer than I intended to. I've sent a friend request on Discord so we can talk through DMs. Nailing down the groundwork for how games should play out and defining keywords before fleshing out a base of cards will be a good start. It's about time I get started!
: I can't believe I genuinely wanted to work for you guys when I was younger
A single person who works for a company does something offensive, so it follows that everyone who works for that company are jackasses. It shouldn't be too hard to spot what's wrong with that line of thinking. There's no way that Riot hasn't been made aware of the situation at this point, but Riot is an enormous fucking company, and while everyone is deciding that _one unqualified person_ has spoken for the_ entire fucking company_, the people who are actually in charge of representing Riot have to keep communication airtight while they decide an official stance for the company, because otherwise another unqualified person at Riot doesn't is going to put in the spotlight and whatever they said is going to be treated as if it represents all of Riot as well. This outrageous "one person fucked up so the entire company is fucked up" attitude is a huge communication barrier.
8era (EUW)
: League of legends themed fan made card game is looking for volounteers!
As someone who plays digital CCGs and has theorycrafted cards based on League champions in the shower, stumbling across this opportunity is bizarre and exciting. I am definitely interested to say the least; designing cards for a game like this is something that I could do with passion. I would absolutely love to get involved! Talking briefly about the potential design, I envision a League-themed card game to be divided into lanes like in the Elder Scrolls: Legends (a Hearthstone-style digital ccg, and the one I'm most familiar with). Lanes are basically divisions of the play board, so instead of having one zone where all minions are played, there are separate zones, and as a basic rule minions are limited to attacking enemy minions that are in the same lane as them. Dividing the board into lanes and then attaching the ability to "roam" to champions and spells would be very thematically appropriate for a League-themed card game. I understand this might strain the technological demands of the game, but it would be sick as hell. I am very excited about this. I'd love to discuss other possible design aspects and start putting together the fundamental groundwork of the game could look like, but I'm pressed for time and am stuck with just writing this post at the moment. I'll get back to this soon!
Kythers (NA)
: turrets are useful in 2018
Use your cc on champions that draw tower fire. Stunning someone under turret doesn't do anything to stop them unless the turret is actually shooting at them.
: Please do. Not even attempting to counter argue my points and leaving a unhelpful comment really helps this discussion. You're one of the reasons why discussions don't get anywhere. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> Those who support this idea to make Shunpo an instantaneous blink are driven by pure favoritism towards their champion. What an excellent gateway into... what did you say this thread was supposed to be? A discussion? {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} Making a generalization is a red flag. Presenting it as a fact is a huge one. I'll pass.
: An important message from everyone who understands balance mains to Katarina mains
Downvoting because you're not trying to discuss anything; you're just saying "I'm right and this is wrong".
Skill0Ful (EUW)
: WTF this damage ?
Yeah that absolutely doesn't add up. A 220 damage crit at level 2 on an ability that is only supposed to do 45 damage is obviously an anomaly. That gank should have done 140 damage, not 320.
: Why Urgot needs some love.
Comet and PTA are both great keystones on Urgot; Comet for poke and PTA for DPS. Triumph and Coup de Grace are never the wrong choice in a primary Precision page if you're a champion that can secure kills.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/current/platinum/plus/home/
I'll add that to the list of sources I check when I'm looking for trends. Thanks!
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Botlane in 2 pictures
What is your source for this? The three I always check (leagueofgraphs.com, op.gg, and champion.gg) all have Jhin and Kai'Sa at 50-51.5% WR. Absurdly high pick rate? Sure, but that's because they're the most fun champions among a very narrow roster that has only gotten narrower since the crit itemization rework. MF and Jinx are dominating the win rate scene.
: As a Talon main, I believe Talon needs a nerf.
This is how I felt when I started playing Kayn. Everything about the champion feels overwhelming because it's the perfect champion for my play style; when I play the way that makes the most sense for me, I am heavily rewarded by what Kayn provides. I had a 8W 1L (89% WR) record in ranked last season and have a 18W 8L (69% WR) record this season. If you look at Kayn's stats on websites that compare champion winrates, however, you'll see that Kayn is very balanced, sitting at a win rate between 49-51% on every site you check. I think this is a case of you finding your perfect champion rather than that of Talon being genuinely overpowered. It's bizarre picking up a new champion and then discovering that your ability to play the new champion completely blows away your performance on champions that you had a lot of experience with prior, but as someone who has experienced stunning success on (at the time of me starting) a brand-new champion, I can tell you it's not at all out of the realm of possibility. You've found a champion that you can naturally play above the average level. Enjoy it!
: Are you fucking kidding me with the Dusbklade buff/nerf?
Has everyone completely forgotten that Riot already cut 35-120 damage off of Duskblade back in 8.6? Duskblade might be the only full item in the game right now whose unique effect is weaker than runes. It's barely gold efficient compared to its components (which are supposed to be inefficient compared to completed items), and it's only remotely viable in 100% AD/Lethality builds. An entire class of champions is balanced around an item that has been gutted to a point where it is barely usable even by its core audience, and people still think the problem with said class is the item. This is like if people thought Black Cleaver was making bruisers problematic in a world where Cleaver provided 10% fewer stats for its cost and Riot had already cut its passives in half earlier in the season.
: I mean it's completely appropriate if you're trying to climb? There is no way to climb any significant amount besides "getting better". Can you be a Silver 1 player and luck yourself into Gold 5? Sure. But a Silver 1 player will never "luck" into Gold 4/Gold 3. The problem is that people don't actually care about improving or continuing to climb - they just hope they can get lucky enough to get X desired rank (i.e. Gold 5). Whereas if they actually focused on improving, that rank would come naturally.
As someone who plays ranked only when LP gain/loss is nudging me up to the rank it wants me to be, I can say it's satisfying to see myself progress from being borderline Bronze 1 two years ago to being a solid Silver 5 and now being in Silver 4 just by improving and letting the system take me to where I belong.
Bârd (NA)
: They're bland stat sticks, and I'm glad they didn't make it out of PBE the first time because even if they're strong and meta defining, I wouldn't want to build them. {{item:3161}} Take less damage. Not in a way that requires you to actively do something, or even in a way that you'd necessarily notice, just shave a little damage off of every attack you tank. {{item:3005}} Here's some stats. Oh you've been fighting for a few seconds? Here, have some more stats. See what I mean? All the core bruiser items have one thing in common: they're satisfying. {{item:3078}} gives you that chunk of damage on every proc. {{item:3071}} gives you audio-visual feedback so you really feel like you're doing damage. {{item:3748}} gives you burst and an AA reset on demand. {{item:3812}} gives you bursts of healing on every attack. Even if Spear/Atmas were more powerful than those items, that wouldn't make me want to buy them simply because they're boring.
On the right champions, Atma's is a slightly absurd amount of stats. {{champion:122}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3742}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3143}} {{item:3005}} gets 20 up to 100 bonus AD while in combat, which is 140 more damage on Q, 150 more damage on passive bleed, and 75 more damage on ult. {{champion:6}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3022}} {{item:3005}} {{item:3742}} {{item:3065}} also gets 100 bonus AD, which is 100 extra damage per knee and 540 extra damage over W's duration. It might just be stats, but it's not difficult to see the difference 100 AD makes when you're familiar with how much damage your champion does with a slightly different build.
: Bruiser players - What are your thoughts on Spear of Shojin & Atma's Impaler?
Atma's Reckoning is good for juggernauts that scale well with AD but succeed when building tanky. For Darius specifically I'm not sure if it's worth taking over Titanic Hydra in a hybrid build just because the auto reset is so valuable for stacking passive, but I would never not build it on Garen as a fourth or fifth item. Since Urgot succeeds when building heavy amounts of health and AD, an item that gives resistances and turns health into AD is an excellent third item. I wouldn't use it on Illaoi because she tends to build more heavily into raw AD than the other juggernauts I play. I haven't touched Spear of Shojin. I've been meaning to test it out but I haven't played enough to feel I could get a valid comparison of with vs. without it.
Shahamut (NA)
: My thoughts on Skarner's Spires [Long Post]
I've heard someone at Riot (I want to say Meddler but I can't be sure) say that the spires are a huge reason why Skarner is a high priority for a VGU. I recall them saying that the spires were a feature that was included to force Skarner to have a unique play pattern, ultimately taxing his kit coherency and identity. Riot's priorities have shifted to creating thematically solid champions with cohesive kits that differentiate them from other champions rather than using cheap gimmicks. Coming up with a compelling identity for a champion that couples with a kit that offers a distinct gameplay experience from any other champion is obviously a huge challenge, but each will come in time.
: One funny thing about Lissandra's story
Serylda has to sign to Avarosa to say to Lissandra, and Lissandra has to tell Serylda to sign to Avarosa (unless Lissandra knows sign language or Avarosa can read lips). It is an interesting set of circumstances in which to be having a conversation for sure.
: Do some main JUNGLE kill krugs?
As a Kayn main, enemy Krugs is part of my regular level 3 clear.
: There is a serious problem with this game right now
Changing Electrocute to Magic damage would be very ill advised. You build against AD champions by buying armor. If said AD champion is using Lethality, adding armor is extra efficient because it diminishes the overall effect of the flat armor reduction. If you convert a portion of an AD champion's damage to magic, that damage goes almost entirely unmitigated against squishy builds unless you handicap your offensive power in order to build both armor and magic resist. TL;DR: Armor has a bigger impact on Lethality than it does on Magic damage, which is important when you can only afford one defensive stat.
: > [{quoted}](name=VvVVvV,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BAGgxFfa,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-20T15:03:37.653+0000) > > Yeah...in this game our support bought items and then just stood on the edge of the fountain until he DC'd. Other teams Kayn kept getting caught trying to sneak into our base. Then they started arguing with each other in all chat lol. I knew we had a good chance once that started. I'd rather play the odds and hurry at and lose. 19/20 times it's a waste of time. The extra time you spend playing out the 20 4v5 games for the 1 win.. you could have won 5 other games.
If you ff@20 for 3 games, that saves enough time to play one more game which you have a 50% chance of winning. Overall it's maybe one win out of those four games. If the odds of winning a 4v5 are lower than 13% then you're making the right call.
Rioter Comments
: Pyke's ult is actually the dumbest thing ever
It's basically an AoE Darius ult that doesn't require Hemorrhage stacking to become a nuke.
Mhihnj (EUW)
: patch 13.4 "Mordekaiser is back in the game due to a bug"
: Atma's is back
I'm hyped as shit to build Titanic Atma on Darius, Garen, and Illaoi.
: Actually iirc, Kratos named his son Atreus because he once had a spartan soldier named Atreus. The soldier Atreus was a really positive and outgoing guy (all the way until the day he died), and so Kratos chose to name his son after him because Atreus always brought him happiness.
And now that Spartan -cough- _Rakkoran_ soldier is inhabited by Pantheon, the Aspect of War. This is the most ambitious crossover event in history.
: more often then not your team could collapse
...in the enemy jungle... ...where it would be even easier for the rest of the enemy team to collapse immediately after... ...?
pistoria (NA)
: if you were to remove any ability from any champion what would it be?
Show more

SzGamer227

Level 68 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion