Rioter Comments
: Pyke's ult is actually the dumbest thing ever
It's basically an AoE Darius ult that doesn't require Hemorrhage stacking to become a nuke.
Mhihnj (EUW)
: patch 13.4 "Mordekaiser is back in the game due to a bug"
: Atma's is back
I'm hyped as shit to build Titanic Atma on Darius, Garen, and Illaoi.
: Actually iirc, Kratos named his son Atreus because he once had a spartan soldier named Atreus. The soldier Atreus was a really positive and outgoing guy (all the way until the day he died), and so Kratos chose to name his son after him because Atreus always brought him happiness.
And now that Spartan -cough- _Rakkoran_ soldier is inhabited by Pantheon, the Aspect of War. This is the most ambitious crossover event in history.
Smithy2Q (NA)
: So if I first pick a melee top and the other team grabs Teemo, I'm even more screwed and take even longer to outscale? Hard counters should not be a League thing, or if they are, then you need to unlock every champion. Otherwise if I don't own one of the counters I get screwed. It also makes blind pick even more toxic of an experience.
Hard counters shouldn't exist. Period. It should be my skill that matters, not my position in the pick order. ######Also, I think having every champ unlocked would make it _easier_ to hard counter a lane opponent...
: Because when you are better than your opponent or have outpicked your opponent, that should matter. And our current belief is that it should matter more than it currently does.
I want my games to be decided in lane, not in champ select.
: > Still curious how the net result of this isn't just making lanes harder in bad matchups. It is making laning somewhat harder in bad matchups. That's intended. > Removing all gold increases over time from the other minions and shoving them all onto the cannon also seems like it will result in less gold from clearing crashing side waves if you're not there dead on time. (Towers do kill cannon minions first, right?) Penalizes slow rotation a little more than it used to. Yes, this is true. That seems acceptable to me for the most part. It requires the player to not so much change what they're doing as it requires them to do what they're already doing a little better.
Isn't throwing melee vs. ranged matchups heavily into ranged champions' favor a _bad_ thing? Especially after all the work you just went through to balance top lane? As an immobile bruiser main this has me more than a little concerned.
: Even Yasuo doesn't typically pick it: http://na.op.gg/champion/yasuo/statistics/top The only champion that it's OP on is the one that has dashes to champions with multiple resets (aka new Irelia)
Kayn got a lot of extra mileage too because his primary source of DPS also happens to be a dash.
LankPants (OCE)
: Making small concessions so you don't get ripped apart by the community isn't "consideration for the community", it's the bare minimum they can do to not have this blow up in their face even harder than it already has. If Riot actually cared about community complaints they would do two things, admit they were wrong in their direction and work to actually fix the skin. So far they've done neither.
That's the actual definition of consideration for the community. They heard people were upset and they made changes. Trying to warp that as being something other than it is is insane. You're saying _"Yeah riot is addressing the problems people had, but they're doing it with **MALINTENT** and they still deserve to be hated."_ You, for some reason, have this idea that Riot has accepted that making changes is necessary, but are somehow still in the wrong and undeserving of credit because they... what? Made changes because people were complaining? Is that **seriously** the grudge you're holding? Riot is addressing the big complaints about the color disparity and the collar's impact on the visibility of the rest of the skin. _"But they didn't explicitly admit they were wrong and say that there was a problem with the original."_ Bullshit. The act of making changes acknowledges that they did something wrong and are making an effort to rectify that. You're an unapologetic bigot.
Arammus (EUW)
: im getting tired of people not learning about new champ winrates
Kai'Sa released with 39% WR and has since climbed up to 46%. That's pretty bad.
: ☼ I got this. What the hell is that? A bug?
☼ is Alt + 1 5 You must have released Alt before pressing 3. ™ is actually Alt + 0 1 5 3 The first time I tried it I got Ö so I had to look up what the actual code was >.>
: Screw kayn, that champ is overpowered anyway. They fact they are buffing him at all is ridiculous.
Kayn has a win rate between 48-51% according to stat sites. He's far from OP right now.
: 8.6 Duskblade and related changes
I am very concerned with how this change will affect Kayn. Procing Duskblade twice with ult is a major part of Kayn's all-in combo, and reducing Duskblade's damage by 120 damage is going to reduce Kayn's all-in damage by 240. An additional 35% of bonus AD in damage is only going to compensate ~110 damage of that damage at full build. Shadow Assassin is probably going to take a serious hit from these changes, since a huge source of reliable flat damage has been replaced with damage scaling that amounts to less damage even when maintaining an optimal gold income, and is significantly worse when behind. Rhaast doesn't benefit from the ult buff at all, since its damage is converted entirely to % max hp damage and scaling, which doesn't appear to have been tweaked. The only compensation Rhaast will have for losing 240 damage from Duskblade procs is an extra 16 damage on W. Maybe Duskblade isn't a common item on Rhaast, but damage-heavy builds are my favorite, and I'm worried about losing that playstyle if these changes go through.
: This is a long term problem. What do you think will happen when a few champs get a ton of skins and others get none for years.
Completely ignoring the fact that numerous champions that haven't gotten a skin in years got a skin last year, eh? Jarvan, Swain, Rengar, Viktor, Yorick, Cassiopeia, Malzahar, Twitch, Veigar, Zyra, and Talon all got skins since 2017 after going 2-3 years without a skin previously. Illaoi has a new skin coming out this patch, and Shen has been confirmed to have a skin in development.
Zeiriko (EUW)
: Well i'd rather like to know why they did not went with [those concept arts](https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1Iuaaic0msE/Wp6NSuW-2VI/AAAAAAABFoc/xklqZJVacKcqOPp7Uf9Ts-i2aij7IneHgCLcBGAs/s1920/Concept_Exploration.jpg) instead (custody of Riot, found on Surrender at 20) and decided to go with that. They look awesome and more fitting of the ultimate tier. Why scrap them to go with the current one instead ? I'm a bit confused.
Those are literally just recolors of eachother with different visors. Each of her 4 forms has its own model, in case you missed that.
: Amazing Loot Changes? Why isn't anyone talking about this?
Gotta love how this well-meaning thread just immediately dissolved into complaints about the OE nerfs. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: > [{quoted}](name=le un le seul,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=yPkZi6IG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-07T00:02:56.871+0000) > > #**t h i c c** > #**h** > #**i** > #**c** > #**c** Ftfy
> [{quoted}](name=le un le seul,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=yPkZi6IG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-07T00:02:56.871+0000) > > #**T H I C C** > #**H** > #**I** > #**C** > #**C** **FTFY**
: Really? I heard a lot of people getting their panties in a twist over her VFX for the skin.
There was a VFX bug on her W that people were complaining about. Before fix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h76xIH6nN2Y&t=29s After fix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4qrdSuDo1Y&t=96s
: we all love the concept i just love the dream of god kick {{champion:164}} more
: Predictive Keyboards write a Gameplay post (or two)
Someone is going to read this and try on-hit bruiser Nami
: You say retard proof, but I have seen so many people use the plants incredibly wrong.
It's clear when you use a plant wrong, because its effects are immediate and extremely visible, which makes it very easy to learn from mistakes. If you Blast Cone an ally towards the enemy team, you're going to realize you've done something very wrong very quickly, but you can clear camps a hundred times as someone who's new to the jungle and be completely ignorant of any low-visibility optimizations that you've been missing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iLMqn4Oz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-03-06T14:42:37.511+0000) > > I don't give Riot money and have been advocating others do the same for years. You advocate for a lot of things. including calling non-gay people gay. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} But you are correct for once. Riot should not be given anymore money. Not until they damn well earn it again. {{sticker:fiora-cool}}
> [{quoted}](name=Jinx Hunter,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iLMqn4Oz,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-06T15:47:15.183+0000) > > But you are correct for once. Riot should not be given anymore money. Not until they damn well earn it again. I'll decide for myself whether Riot earns the money from my wallet, thank you very much.
: Oh my bad, so anyone with red hair and 2 guns MUST BE MISS FORTUNE! I mean, sure she looks COMPLETELY different. But that's ok. 2 FUCKING ARM CANNONS and different colored red hair must be 100% identical to MF. My bad, I must be stupid.
There are only two champions in the game that wield two guns, and based on the breasts and the skin color, I'm going to guess that this isn't a Lucian skin. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: So...what is the purpose of this Ultimate skin?
It's a discount Ultimate skin that is going to be priced lower than other Ultimate skins but higher than a Legendary.
PB4UAME (NA)
: I don't think you understood what I was saying. The division system is utterly meaningless. It's just there to make players feel good. That's it. Other than restricting how you can queue up arbitrarily, it does not have anything to do with the matchmaking process whatsoever. The system does not look at your rank a single time when it's matching you, nor for lp gains. All of that is calculated purely based on MMR. The Division system is loosely pegged to MMR, but with additional requirements. Division is simply a rating system. MMR is a modified Elo rating system, and is the core of their match making algorithms.
People want their visible rank to reflect their actual skill level. Promo Series are a huge nuisance that obstruct ranked progress with games that gate your visible rank from approaching your skill level for an arbitrary and completely random period of time. I am Silver 5. My MMR is somewhere around Silver 3. Most of my games from here to there will reflect that I was placed lower than my skill level by giving me more LP for wins than I lose for losses, but promo series are going to pose barriers that I am just as likely to pass as I am to be blocked by, because I'm going to be matched with other Silver 3 MMR players despite playing promo games to reach Silver 4. I had a 50% chance to fail my Bronze 1 series to promote to Silver 5, even though the system recognizes that I am distinctly above that skill level. I lucked out and passed them 3W/2L, but it was frustrating how close I was to making no progress at all for an even longer amount of time.
Troxic (NA)
: Some champions are unsatisfying to play against
{{champion:23}} You are not allowed to get any kills in lane past 6 unless he's awful at his R, and once laning phase is over, you are going to have to spend the rest of the game babysitting top lane because he's a lightning fast split pusher that will never die unless he over-commits.
: Darkin Kayn drawing done by me in Ink
God now I'm playing Rhaast's voice over in my head. Such a good character. **THE REAPING WILL COMMENSE** #_**NOW!**_
Irealia (NA)
: Yea no tho. There is speculation that the dark star skins are actually star guardians that have burnt out. Here's the post explaining it https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/me7xEkit-are-dark-stars-the-aftermath-of-a-star-guardian SOOOO. if this does become a skin and this speculation is correct... star guardian urgot really did exist
Dark Star and Star Guardian were confirmed by Riot to exist in separate skin universes, which was really disappointing to hear because they're such perfect counterparts for each other. Still hoping for a lore retcon that changes this. It feels like such a missed opportunity.
: Swain's ultimate is not a upgrade of his old one.
The new ult does more damage to drained targets, moves some of the heal-over-time to up-front health, has a huge nuke tacked on to make up for affecting fewer targets with the drain, and costs no mana. That is significantly more powerful overall.
ThePikol (EUNE)
: Who would you like to see in next Star Guerdian team if Riot make more?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 28
As someone who plays a lot of Darkin Kayn and Darius I'm interested in what your thoughts are regarding champion builds that build both damage and durability. Is the consensus that these builds are generally too weak, which is why bruisers have seen so many buffs since preseason? If so, are you looking into changing itemization to make multiplicative stats weaker or otherwise introducing an update/item/rune specifically to make hybrid builds stronger? I remember hearing that the new keystone was being tested with health and AD scaling; did this change, and if so, what reasoning led up to the change to how it is now?
: I bet he played Ivern to be environment-friendly.
Nah. He probably played Poppy so he could launch a car~~ry~~ into space.
: Too much champ shards in hextech boxes
You should be getting a skin shard once every 3 chests at the very least due to bad luck protection, unless you opened boxes before the change.
grarrrg (NA)
: To summarize: Looks 3D Functionally 2D
Yep. You could build the game as a top-down with 2D graphics and the gameplay would be identical.
: Many items are good on her, but as a carry, if all you want is the highest DPS possible (as is often the case), there are some builds which are simply superior to others mathematically.
There are other aspects to her various builds that have a significant impact on the success of a champion though, especially one that is built to scale well with a large variety of items. Different combinations of these attributes will feel better for certain players than to others and be successful in different situations. More specifically, I feel like Kai'Sa is going to be of a similar vein to Kayn, in that she starts off with lackluster abilities but can dramatically increase her power in specific ways based on how she builds and plays. Using Kayn as an analogy, assassin players would obviously lean to assassin Kayn when learning the champion while bruisers will lean to Rhaast, but a serious Kayn player becomes comfortable with both and uses that versatility to their advantage. Assuming her various itemization paths are all balanced with each other, Kai'Sa will potentially appeal to a broad number of players who will approach the champion in different ways, but someone who learns the champ and plays Kai'Sa optimally will be able to go into each game with a plan and an idea of which build will produce the best results. They'll be able to decide whether they need a build that gives them the strongest dueling power, or the best objective-taking time, or the best burst, slipperiness, anti-tank, waveclear, whatever they might feel is most important to that game. Maybe maximizing DPS is the right choice. Maybe it would be better to burst down a priority target. Maybe maximizing map pressure will be the best route. TL;DR: If Riot pulls off Kai'Sa correctly, her build path isn't going to simply boil down to what has the best stats, but instead what will give her the most success when playing into whatever specific situation she faces.
ampheon (NA)
: No clarity? XD On another note, though I'm no Kayn player by any means, but wouldn't phase rush be a better choice?
Kayn doesn't need much help sticking or peeling because his entire kit does that extremely well already, but you can always use more damage. Domination primary is the way to go on Kayn, but Comet would be viable in Darkin form because you're less reliant on burst damage and you have a lot of time to proc Comet multiple times because of your sustain. Two Comets will deal more damage than one Electrocute. You take Domination primary because it works regardless of which form you take, but having a choice of 3 minor Sorcery runes is really nice since so many of them work well. Anyways, I took this screenshot when I was playing Blood Moon and took the wrong runes. Those are actually just midlane runes with Manaflow Band and Scorch, and when you're playing a mode where you have insane mana regen and need burst damage that scales hard with AD, Comet, Band, and Scorch are some of the LAST runes you'd want to be taking. XD
Selegun (NA)
: No cleanse? XP
I'm feeling blue, but I'm not THAT depressed Xd
: ok
I can't resist upvoting something so stupidly clever
Rioter Comments
: I need 9 RP for Lunar Guardian Nasus so I drew him blindfolded, drunk, and with my left hand
If you haven't already, send this in a support ticket. I'm not sure if the Rioters who visit the boards will be able to process this masterpiece and return the desired currency.
: > [{quoted}](name=DragonShea,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nEvMfv0G,comment-id=0036,timestamp=2018-02-07T22:13:18.410+0000) > > MOTHER OF FUCK!!!!! > > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-k8ze0i0Hw > > > **HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK IT'S TRUE.** Haha that near 0 mr realistic scenario. Haha oh my haha.
The point is to demonstrate that Morde's R realistically does well over 100% max health damage with a standard build, which means that unless you go out of your way to build a lot of MR, Mordekaiser can push one button to kill you with no effort. This is extremely problematic for champions that don't succeed when building very defensively.
: I think the issue is because if there was an AP version of QSS, it would likely devolve into a lot of AP champions going mid to rush it. It then becomes a match of "who wins before the other gets the QSS upgrade". That's just my assumption, anyway.
Making QSS upgrade into a full AP item wouldn't suddenly make QSS an essential first buy. The problem is that when an AP champion reaches full build after buying QSS, the only stats they can spend their gold on is AD and lifesteal.
: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/409980512795492354/409980646652641282/peeper_leviathan.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=LeBlanc Rose,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s1yTZRAt,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-02-05T07:56:59.430+0000) > > https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/409980512795492354/409980646652641282/peeper_leviathan.jpg That's a peeper leviathan isn't it oh my god
: > [{quoted}](name=SzGamer227,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7lZ7tAK8,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-02-01T16:15:33.208+0000) > > Darius has just above a 50% win rate in high ELO according to not one, but [F](http://na.op.gg/champion/darius/statistics/top) [O](https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/darius/diamond) [U](http://champion.gg/champion/Darius/Top) [R](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/diamond/plus/champion/Darius/) League stat sites > Two of those sites are looking specifically at Diamond, and not just Plat+. > > His weaknesses are just as uncomfortable as ever, but he's not performing poorly in any sense. Only after his play rate plummeted. Only the more dedicated darius players are sticking with him, and hardly 49-50% aint anything to run home about
'Not strong' is not 'weak' either. A claim that a champion that is within 1% of a 50% win rate at all ELOs is "garbage" is very easy to dispute.
: Darius' kit is badly designed because the only counterplay to him in a teamfight is overwhelm him with damage.
Darius has the three easiest weaknesses to play off of in the entire game: He's melee, he's immobile, and he's telegraphed. If such a situational champion is able to get on top of you for longer than 2 seconds, he deserves that kill.
: that is true good luck to nerf excessive damage on 140 champions though Also Illaoi is telegraphed, yet successes right now even in high elo same for Nasus, and somewhat Mordekaiser and Udyr Darius is just garbage
Darius has just above a 50% win rate in high ELO according to not one, but [F](http://na.op.gg/champion/darius/statistics/top) [O](https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/darius/diamond) [U](http://champion.gg/champion/Darius/Top) [R](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/diamond/plus/champion/Darius/) League stat sites Two of those sites are looking specifically at Diamond, and not just Plat+. His weaknesses are just as uncomfortable as ever, but he's not performing poorly in any sense.
ƒrostγ (EUNE)
: What are the most tilting/ unfair abilities in the game?
{{champion:23}} R It's like Stopwatch, except it isn't single use, it lasts twice as long, and he is able to move, auto attack, and use his 660 range dash while it's active. I guess you could say that Tryndamere's ult... ...is a broken Stopwatch. {{item:2421}} : ^)
: PSA: It's Doable
Godspeed on your journey to Honor 5 my friend. {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
: Annie lore incoming
Her new short bio linked her to Noxus, and the Swain VGU is coming with a wave of revamped Noxus lore, the same way Galio VGU came with Demacia lore, Warwick VGU came with Zaun lore, and Camille's release came with Piltover. ######They also came with sick regional summoner icons, and I've been dying for the Noxus one since Piltover's. **NOXUS HYPE**
Show more

SzGamer227

Level 63 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion